Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

QF mandates Vaccine

Old 21st Oct 2021, 19:27
  #1041 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Skating away on the thin ice of a new day.
Posts: 1,120
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
I see 2 more major employers going down the path of mandating vaccination.

Coles and Woolies to roll out vaccine mandates.

The world has moved on. The provision of a safe work environment is crucial and I think many employers will be going down this path.
Mandates likely to be the rule not the exception, making things much harder for the willfully un-vaccinated. Very few individuals will have a legitimate exemption.

I rarely supported anything AJ said or did, but this is one I'm backing. Pax will want to know that those they are flying with , and the crew looking after them, have taken steps to protect themselves and those around them. The OHS and legal ramifications could be major if they did not.
ampclamp is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2021, 22:58
  #1042 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,801
Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Mullah Kintyre
He's paid his taxes, Wiz; he's perfectly entitled to expect hospital admission for this condition if he needs it. You've spent a very good many years paying taxes in other tax regimes or not paying taxes at all so one could argue you're the person least entitled to take up a bed in an Australian ICU.


You were into skydiving, weren't you? Maybe you still are. Sounds pretty risky. Why should you be entitled to a response from emergency services when you deliberately take risks? Why should society subsidise your high risk lifestyle?
Maybe listen to the experst on the subject?>

Victoria AMA says Covid-deniers and anti-vaxxers should opt out of public health system and ‘let nature run its course’ | Australia news | The Guardian
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2021, 23:26
  #1043 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,933
Received 472 Likes on 262 Posts
Chance of injury from skydiving 1:5000 (injuries not deaths)

Chance of passing injury to others and responding emergency and health workers, negligible.

Result, excluded from many health insurance policies and life insurance. Would require special coverage if it was considered a hobby. Similar to recreational Aviation.


Chance of hospitalisation from contracting Covid un-vaccinated 1:20.

Chance of passing injury to others and responding emergency and health workers, significant.

What should the result be?


Anymore stupid comparisons?
43Inches is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2021, 23:28
  #1044 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 265
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last I looked the AMA were not in charge of Medicare.

They are little different from a trade union.
Derfred is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2021, 23:33
  #1045 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 259
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Chance of injury from skydiving 1:5000 (injuries not deaths)

Chance of passing injury to others and responding emergency and health workers, negligible.

Result, excluded from many health insurance policies and life insurance. Would require special coverage if it was considered a hobby. Similar to recreational Aviation.


Chance of hospitalisation from contracting Covid un-vaccinated 1:20.

Chance of passing injury to others and responding emergency and health workers, significant.

What should the result be?


Anymore stupid comparisons?
The 1 in 20 figure is actually an underestimation as it includes kids, if your an adults which we all are its closer to 1 in 10.
logansi is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2021, 23:36
  #1046 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,933
Received 472 Likes on 262 Posts
There's no chance that un-vaxxed will be excluded from medicare, not before smokers and drug users are. Is there a chance that some emergency crews may turn blind eye to them (outside system rules) given a choice between attending two different scenarios, yes possible. I've heard of that happening with regard to drug users, not saying it's widespread, but one ambo I talked to was very reluctant to attended ODs in the street due to the violent outbreaks they could suddenly occur. Recently I heard that some families were violent towards an ambo crew that just wanted the group to put on masks while they treated a covid patient.

The 1 in 20 figure is actually an underestimation as it includes kids, if your an adults which we all are its closer to 1 in 10.
I was being generous to allow an overall figure, if you are over 50 it really drops to 1:5 and 1:2 quickly. 1:20 still is a huge difference to 1:5000 though.
43Inches is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 00:57
  #1047 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Aus
Age: 43
Posts: 387
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
There's no chance that un-vaxxed will be excluded from medicare, not before smokers and drug users are. Is there a chance that some emergency crews may turn blind eye to them (outside system rules) given a choice between attending two different scenarios, yes possible. I've heard of that happening with regard to drug users, not saying it's widespread, but one ambo I talked to was very reluctant to attended ODs in the street due to the violent outbreaks they could suddenly occur. Recently I heard that some families were violent towards an ambo crew that just wanted the group to put on masks while they treated a covid patient.
It’s already happening. They’re being treated of course but aren’t exactly receiving any empathy or extra care.
turbantime is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 01:05
  #1048 (permalink)  
Whispering "T" Jet
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Melbourne.
Age: 68
Posts: 657
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My father was an accountant. He could make numbers read whatever the bank, clients or ATO desired. It was all legal and it was called "Creative Accounting".
3 Holer is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 01:57
  #1049 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 205
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
There's no chance that un-vaxxed will be excluded from medicare, not before smokers and drug users are. Is there a chance that some emergency crews may turn blind eye to them (outside system rules) given a choice between attending two different scenarios, yes possible. I've heard of that happening with regard to drug users, not saying it's widespread, but one ambo I talked to was very reluctant to attended ODs in the street due to the violent outbreaks they could suddenly occur. Recently I heard that some families were violent towards an ambo crew that just wanted the group to put on masks while they treated a covid patient.



I was being generous to allow an overall figure, if you are over 50 it really drops to 1:5 and 1:2 quickly. 1:20 still is a huge difference to 1:5000 though.

Yep.....don’t deny health care but if you want to access public healthcare and you have chosen to be unvaccinated due to some misinformed rubbish you read on a google link to someone’s Facebook page then either a) pay upfront or b) charge them a COVID levy. The majority of Australians are vaccinated and are the reason restrictions are easing. Those selfish ones riding on the back of Australians willing to protect their community should not be given a free pass.

And the difference between a smoker and someone who is unvaccinated......ones vaccination status can be accessed by the government.
PPRuNeUser0184 is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 10:14
  #1050 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 561
Received 79 Likes on 38 Posts
A loss for the QPS anti mandate campaign.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...date/100561648

“The full bench of Queensland's Industrial Relation Commission (QIRC) rejected submissions that Police Commissioner Katarina Carroll had no power to mandate compulsory vaccinations, did not consult staff and infringed upon workers' rights.

The QIRC ruled two dispute applications to challenge the Commissioner's direction on three grounds have all failed and were dismissed.

The court's decision means the 60 applicants of police and civilian employees would have to choose whether to be vaccinated or suspended without pay and/or dismissal.”
Cloudee is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 11:11
  #1051 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,345
Received 265 Likes on 122 Posts
Another difference is that smokers (and drinkers) have been taxed very heavily on their addictions.

I remember similar hoo-haa when random breath testing was brought in. Extracts from an article from the SMH 18 years ago:


The Australian Law Reform Commission recommended against RBT. "Important liberties should not surrendered on the basis of a hunch or as a consequence of wishful thinking," it reported. The Australian newspaper editorialised that RBT was a gross intrusion on human rights and freedoms as the law was based on the assumption that the driver might be drunk.

Queensland's premier, Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen, a teetotaller, thought the idea stank: "It is not a vote-winner. It gets a lot of people's backs up." His colleague Don Lane went further: "Random breath tests are a fascist or Nazi-style approach."
Clare Prop is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 14:19
  #1052 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
Maybe listen to the experst on the subject?>
Which subject exactly, Wiz? What are you talking about now? Relax, Wiz, I do not expect you as a non-taxpayer or as a willing risk-taker to give up your right to a bed. All are equally deserving and I highly doubt you'd really deny someone help if you were standing there watching him die of this disease.

Originally Posted by KZ Kiwi
Those selfish ones riding on the back of Australians willing to protect their community should not be given a free pass.
I haven't asked any however I suspect those who refuse actually think the rest should refuse also and are not trying to ride anyone's back. Isn't that their point? Anyway fortunately for you it's not your problem.

Originally Posted by 43Inches
Illness will almost always kill the vulnerable first, not sure what you expect different. Being civilised means we take care of the old and vulnerable and try to ensure they have quality of life until a natural end. Saying 'oh well' let them die is far more barbaric than laughing at a few that have made a selfish choice not to protect those in their community and ironically ended up dying themselves.
Were you high or do you just prefer to dodge points and argue out of context? It's fairly clear you either are incapable of comprehending a simple, clear and obvious explanation or you simply ignore facts rather than admit when you're wrong, employing a straw man argument... well, not even an argument, really, in fact not even a discussion. Your straw man style of white noise is the lowest and laziest form of debate and you are not worthy of further response. I'm sure you'll be straight back on to try to refute it and explain why you're righteous. While it's pitiable I can see it's important to you so go for your life. Enjoy. Vexatious pests get to be blocked.
Mullah Kintyre is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 20:33
  #1053 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 288
Received 142 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Mullah Kintyre
Vexatious pests get to be blocked.
November 15 they do indeed. Well put.




das Uber Soldat is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 21:01
  #1054 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 308
Received 89 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by das Uber Soldat
November 15 they do indeed. Well put.

looking forward to seeing the back of them. I don’t think they’ll rate a mention in any newsletters.
cloudsurfng is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 22:32
  #1055 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,933
Received 472 Likes on 262 Posts
Were you high or do you just prefer to dodge points and argue out of context? It's fairly clear you either are incapable of comprehending a simple, clear and obvious explanation or you simply ignore facts rather than admit when you're wrong, employing a straw man argument... well, not even an argument, really, in fact not even a discussion. Your straw man style of white noise is the lowest and laziest form of debate and you are not worthy of further response. I'm sure you'll be straight back on to try to refute it and explain why you're righteous. While it's pitiable I can see it's important to you so go for your life. Enjoy. Vexatious pests get to be blocked.
And this folks is the end result of when the anti vaxxer runs out of ammunition or patience. Can't provide any 'facts' attack the ones that refute them.

When they claim that the virus only kills the old and vulnerable and get incensed when you say that all illness kills the old and vulnerable at higher rates (fact). Challenging them with acceptable social norms that protecting the old and vulnerable is what a civilised culture does (facts). Obviously this individual takes offence that being civilised disagrees with his argument.

PS You managed to write a whole paragraph in which there is no reference to your actual argument, just some feeble attack of diversion, so you are pretty much just summing up yourself in the words you write.

Last edited by 43Inches; 22nd Oct 2021 at 22:54.
43Inches is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2021, 23:11
  #1056 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,933
Received 472 Likes on 262 Posts
On the ABS data set. Road tolls do not state the circumstances of how a person came to be a road statistic, you have to go to the required site to get that information. This is the same for any statistic provided to the public, no one presents comprehensive statistics for anything to the general public, as this just confuses the issue. For the educated or curious who want further information you can access the complex data usually freely on various websites. As this site has proven time again interpreting complex data set is not easy and misinterpretation is very easy if not used in context with multiple sources and most importantly the reports associated with the data set.

So saying that the daily death tolls do not break down the data, this is standard practice. Again you can access all the further reports on the data on-line at your leisure. READ THE WHOLE REPORT, especially the conclusions and notes pertaining to a graph or data set.
43Inches is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2021, 09:21
  #1057 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: U and K
Posts: 310
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good man! I agree 100% - This whole covid thing is just a cover for what's really happening in the background ... The Great Reset. And most people have been deceived because they watch "The News"!
ABO944 is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2021, 10:59
  #1058 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Terra Firma
Posts: 228
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Looks like we have another escapee from Broadmoor.
Bleve is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2021, 22:22
  #1059 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Enzed
Posts: 2,289
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ABO944
Good man! I agree 100% - This whole covid thing is just a cover for what's really happening in the background ... The Great Reset. And most people have been deceived because they watch "The News"!
More information needed. From what you've posted I sense some disjointed conspiracy theory. Right now you're you're not making any sense.
27/09 is offline  
Old 24th Oct 2021, 23:10
  #1060 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Skating away on the thin ice of a new day.
Posts: 1,120
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
November 15th is about 3 weeks from today, so if not started you best get cracking if you want to stay working.

ampclamp is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.