Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

QF mandates Vaccine

Old 12th Nov 2021, 05:58
  #1101 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,948
Received 483 Likes on 268 Posts
BTW Coles was going to force workers to man non local shops that had been closed due to covid while cleaning and isolation took place, so they would be rostered to work in a shop in another suburb, that was at high risk of covid infection at their own costs to prevent stores being closed. That's how much they care for their staff, Union shut it down.
43Inches is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2021, 07:27
  #1102 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 205
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mince
Actually Coles arenít mandating it.

Which is why Iíll be shopping there.
God speed on your crusade.
PPRuNeUser0184 is offline  
Old 12th Nov 2021, 23:35
  #1103 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,802
Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by KZ Kiwi
God speed on your crusade.
Wins the internet...
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2021, 01:38
  #1104 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: In the Cab
Posts: 133
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome thread drift
Double_Clutch is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2021, 08:52
  #1105 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: aus
Posts: 1,352
Likes: 0
Received 115 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by kiwi grey
Won't they be considered as having 'voluntarily left employment' and be subject to a stand-down period before they can get the dole?
I know someone who works at Clink and I asked them this a few months ago, at the time the policy would be it was abandonment of the job. If you were to appeal it they would revoke that decision because its easier and less of a waste of time just to pay you out straight. That was their policy around august when the first mandatory vacinations were just starting to come in
rattman is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2021, 09:03
  #1106 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 259
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rattman
I know someone who works at Clink and I asked them this a few months ago, at the time the policy would be it was abandonment of the job. If you were to appeal it they would revoke that decision because its easier and less of a waste of time just to pay you out straight. That was their policy around august when the first mandatory vacinations were just starting to come in
I know some of the job agencies in Vic are reporting people as not meeting their job plans if they are unvaccinated. Not sure its how Centrelink see it but the agencies are saying, well you can't be meeting your application requirement because you need to be vaccinated for any of the jobs you claim to be applying for.
logansi is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2021, 10:15
  #1107 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 345
Likes: 0
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
7.4 billion vaccines have now been administered worldwide. It’s time for those that refuse to be vaccinated make way for pilots wanting a job with Qantas. You can argue all you like until you’re blue in the face but it ain’t going to change Qantas’s position one iota and nor should it. For those sorry souls that refuse to be vaccinated based on some ignorant ill founded ideology, you’ve been cornered into a position that has only two outcomes. Get vaccinated or get out. The vast majority of staff in Qantas support the policy. Every challenge regardless of employer has not been upheld in court.
Former Qantas Captains grandstanding in the media spreading fictitious rubbish need to go away and retire gracefully. Others need to get over yourselves and stop believing you know better when you clearly don’t. If you want to foolishly relinquish your job to someone else I’m sure they’ll thank you for it and take your paycheque without a second thought.
Troo believer is offline  
Old 13th Nov 2021, 10:40
  #1108 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Posts: 2,515
Received 413 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by Troo believer
7.4 billion vaccines have now been administered worldwide. Itís time for those that refuse to be vaccinated make way for pilots wanting a job with Qantas. You can argue all you like until youíre blue in the face but it ainít going to change Qantasís position one iota and nor should it. For those sorry souls that refuse to be vaccinated based on some ignorant ill founded ideology, youíve been cornered into a position that has only two outcomes. Get vaccinated or get out. The vast majority of staff in Qantas support the policy. Every challenge regardless of employer has not been upheld in court.
Former Qantas Captains grandstanding in the media spreading fictitious rubbish need to go away and retire gracefully. Others need to get over yourselves and stop believing you know better when you clearly donít. If you want to foolishly relinquish your job to someone else Iím sure theyíll thank you for it and take your paycheque without a second thought.
What he said
morno is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2021, 18:53
  #1109 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 283
Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts
So D-Day has finally arrived….

What’s telling is the number of pilots who were thumping their chest throughout this whole process, banging on about their rights being trampled on, coercion is not consent, etc etc. Yet almost none of those then had the courage of their convictions to go through with what they were saying, and instead quietly went off and got vaccinated. Yet their extreme hubris will mean there will be no reflection on the garbage they were spruiking regarding the vaccine. I hope these people are treated with the contempt they deserve.

Does anyone have final numbers on those that will not comply with the policy at QF / VA? I am tipping less than 1%.
Colonel_Klink is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2021, 21:18
  #1110 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: No fixed abode
Posts: 199
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Study finds no difference in viral loads between vaccinated and unvaccinated; symptomatic and asymptomatic



https://www.davisenterprise.com/free...-asymptomatic/

big buddah is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2021, 22:40
  #1111 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 617
Received 76 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by big buddah

Study finds no difference in viral loads between vaccinated and unvaccinated; symptomatic and asymptomatic



https://www.davisenterprise.com/free...-asymptomatic/

Some quotes from your article:

ďThe COVID-19 vaccines provide excellent protection against infection, severe illness, hospitalization and death, but breakthrough cases among vaccinated individuals do occur.Ē

ĒCoil cautioned that a higher viral load doesnít necessarily equate directly to transmissibility. And research done elsewhere has indicated that the viral load in vaccinated individuals may drop much more quickly than in unvaccinated individuals.Ē

ĒNot addressed in the data is the fact that vaccinated individuals are highly protected against even getting the virus to begin with.Ē


So your point is what, exactly?
itsnotthatbloodyhard is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2021, 23:15
  #1112 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: No fixed abode
Posts: 199
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
You could actually read the study.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1.full.pdfOver 20% of positive, vaccinated individuals had low Ct-values (<20), a third of which were asymptomatic when tested. This highlights the need for additional studies of the immunological status of such vaccine escapes and how infectious they are. If such individuals carry high loads of active virus, asymptomatic vaccinated individuals may increasingly contribute to the ongoing pandemic as the proportion of vaccinated individuals grows.


big buddah is offline  
Old 14th Nov 2021, 23:42
  #1113 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,948
Received 483 Likes on 268 Posts
Why make assumptions that make you look stupid.

Firstly it's not a matter of "as the proportion of vaccinated individuals grows" as in Australia we are above 80% fully vaxxed in the main population areas. It's no longer a guessing game needing studies of how the virus 'might act', the actual data is flowing in and the actual data proves the vaccine reduces not only severity, death rate and hospitalisations, but also reduces spread significantly. Actual data from the US and UK suggest that spread is curbed in vaccinated populations by as much as 80% - 90%. The vast majority of spread in those countries is non-vaccinated populations, which given the low cohort numbers of these shows how virulent Covid is without vaccination.

Studying viral loads and such is a predictive measure, we are now at the stage where we can observe. And the observations are stark and clear cut.
43Inches is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2021, 00:24
  #1114 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: No fixed abode
Posts: 199
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Why make assumptions that make you look stupid.
Jesus you sound like an angry man.
Iím just forwarding information from a major study by a top university thatís just been published saying vaccinated people still have high viral loads and can still spread Covid when asymptomatic.
thatís it
big buddah is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2021, 00:34
  #1115 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,948
Received 483 Likes on 268 Posts
Not angry at all, you are just cherry picking information to suit your own agenda, not realising that it has nothing to do with your agenda. And BTW as the previous poster said it does not confirm anything about the viral loads meaning you are contagious or not, vaccinated or not. You are joining two dots that don't add up, therefore making yourself look stupid, hence my comment.

Coil cautioned that a higher viral load doesnít necessarily equate directly to transmissibility. And research done elsewhere has indicated that the viral load in vaccinated individuals may drop much more quickly than in unvaccinated individuals.
The study is not wrong, your assumption is wrong.

You are trying to push that the study is somehow saying that vaccinated cohorts spread the virus in the same way unvaccinated does, which is completely false. When actual data suggests that it slows transmission significantly up to 80-90%. If you are going down the path that somehow we missed that vaccinated people can spread the virus, well 'duh' there's obviously 10-20% of cases that do, hence it doesn't stop the virus 100%.
43Inches is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2021, 00:45
  #1116 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,802
Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by big buddah
Jesus you sound like an angry man.
Iím just forwarding information from a major study by a top university thatís just been published saying vaccinated people still have high viral loads and can still spread Covid when asymptomatic.
thatís it
Really? the big, bold type in your initial post was just "forwarding information"????

No agenda, no point?

Riiiggghhhttt..........
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2021, 00:47
  #1117 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: No fixed abode
Posts: 199
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches

The study is not wrong, your assumption is wrong.
MmmmÖ Iíve made no assumption or stated an agenda.
The assumption that I posted was the assumption from the study. If you think you know better than them, then take it up with the University of California, David.
big buddah is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2021, 01:02
  #1118 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,802
Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by big buddah
MmmmÖ Iíve made no assumption or stated an agenda.
The assumption that I posted was the assumption from the study. If you think you know better than them, then take it up with the University of California, David.
43 read and posted the relevent parts of the study. Youposted big bold letters cherry picking one misldeading line.

That's one hell of a reverse gear you've got there,backtracking on what you were clearly pushing.
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2021, 01:04
  #1119 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aus
Posts: 2,948
Received 483 Likes on 268 Posts
MmmmÖ Iíve made no assumption or stated an agenda.
The assumption that I posted was the assumption from the study. If you think you know better than them, then take it up with the University of California, David.
Firstly as stated above, you emboldened and increased the type face when introducing the subject. This indicates you highly regard this information as important to you.

Secondly you reiterated these points;

saying vaccinated people still have high viral loads and can still spread Covid when asymptomatic.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...1.full.pdfOver 20% of positive, vaccinated individuals had low Ct-values (<20), a third of which were asymptomatic when tested. This highlights the need for additional studies of the immunological status of such vaccine escapes and how infectious they are. If such individuals carry high loads of active virus, asymptomatic vaccinated individuals may increasingly contribute to the ongoing pandemic as the proportion of vaccinated individuals grows.
Both of which allude to your agenda being that vaccination somehow does not protect the individual from spreading the virus, which is untrue, it does, just not in 100% or cases. Which is well known so for you to be spruiking this information with the vigor you show indicates you somehow think this information is new and important. This is well know information, no vaccine is 100% effective, the viral load means very litte.

BTW an actual link to the report would be nice, your link does not show the actual piece and the only recent study reference to Viral loading I could find was one on effective testing for covid transmissibility.

43Inches is offline  
Old 15th Nov 2021, 01:55
  #1120 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: No fixed abode
Posts: 199
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 43Inches
Firstly as stated above, you emboldened and increased the type face when introducing the subject. This indicates you highly regard this information as important to you.

Secondly you reiterated these points;





Both of which allude to your agenda being that vaccination somehow does not protect the individual from spreading the virus, which is untrue, it does, just not in 100% or cases. Which is well known so for you to be spruiking this information with the vigor you show indicates you somehow think this information is new and important. This is well know information, no vaccine is 100% effective, the viral load means very litte.

BTW an actual link to the report would be nice, your link does not show the actual piece and the only recent study reference to Viral loading I could find was one on effective testing for covid transmissibility.
You guys are amazing. You know someoneís agenda from a copy and pace type face.

Hereís the link
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...262v1.full.pdf


big buddah is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.