PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus - 6

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

Epsomdog
13th Jul 2015, 09:00
VS will be handing back the little red slots in September. BA may just throw those back in the pot!

mart901
13th Jul 2015, 10:09
And BA have what to do with little reds a/c? I believe the noc route is protected under the IAG deal.

Epsomdog
13th Jul 2015, 10:37
And BA have what to do with little reds a/c? I believe the noc route is protected under the IAG deal.

BA had to give up the ex BMI slots as a remedy, when VS winged about the BMI takeover. Those slots were awarded to VS but only if they operated them on the same routes as BMI. VS failed to make money on the routes, so have now decided to give the routes up. The slots revert to BA.

mart901
13th Jul 2015, 15:54
Apologies epsomdog I misread your message!

Jamie2k9
14th Jul 2015, 17:31
The EU have approved with the following:

1 - 5 daily slot pairs at LGW given up to allow competing airlines to Dublin/Belfast (suspect BA will be giving up but will get back(
2 - Long Haul connecting passengers carried from London-Heathrow, London-Gatwick, Manchester, Amsterdam, Shannon and Dublin with current agreements.

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-15-5371_en.htm

LGW slots seem pointless as I can't see FR adding major capacity to Dublin or Easyjet to BHD. (FR have already increased for winter)

ayroplain
14th Jul 2015, 20:26
Of course, it's pointless. The whole EU thing is just a meaningless sham to create an impression that they were "concerned" and have to be seen to be "doing something" about it. They might as well have put in a condition that EI/BA can't serve boiled elephant on flights.

EI-BUD
14th Jul 2015, 20:52
The only serious contender for LGW has to be Norwegian. Ryanair could really spice things up on Belfast but highly unlikely... I wonder could easyJet avail of the slots to launch a Gatwick Belfast City route ( and I already appreciate that they've tried LTN BHD before, though given the lack of slots, this could be attractive).

As for Dublin I cannot see any wisdom in any airline touching the market.

EI-BUD

Una Due Tfc
14th Jul 2015, 22:51
Nobody will take on LGW-DUB knowing FR will blow them out of the water by increasing freqs and dropping prices to unsustainable levels like they did to EZY in ORK, KOC, SNN

Skipness One Echo
15th Jul 2015, 07:57
BA don't fly LGW-DUB, not a huge worry for them, suspect EI might just drop it?

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Jul 2015, 08:16
suspect EI might just drop it?

What drop their second busiest route and most likely highly profitable routes?? They are also bound to carry connections to LGW so they can't drop it for now.

Remember it was EI who helped get rid of them from the route in the first place!

mart901
15th Jul 2015, 08:52
The market seems to have changed, in the not that distant past EI pulled out of LGW altogether and FR hasn't always had such a full schedule to DUB either. I agree there is a limited number of carriers who would tackle the route with no BE, also would anyone want to take on LGW-BHD?

Skipness One Echo
15th Jul 2015, 10:33
What drop their second busiest route and most likely highly profitable routes??
Sorry I meant BHD, having a senior moment there, I agree DUB would stay.

j636
15th Jul 2015, 10:40
Ryanair to bid for LGW slots, would make BHD-LGW a certain loss if they win them.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0PP0UI20150715?irpc=932

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Jul 2015, 11:32
Sorry I meant BHD, having a senior moment there, I agree DUB would stay.

Think you could be right, they have really poor times (gave up earlier slots) and loads are really bad and I can't see yield been much better. Their whole BHD base might go of become seasonal if bucket and spade are viable while seeing a improvement in loads this year I am not sure about them.

BHD-LHR slots moved to DUB and BA transfer 3 or 4 current BA DUB ones to BHD to replace them or find their own.

If FR were to bid I agree it would be certain, FR could easily swap their DUB slots around and deliver a 5 times daily BHD service and keep DUB at current/planned 6 daily. EI wouldn't bother competing + the imminent departure of 319s will increase costs at BHD and if they can't fill what they have then what's the point.

EI-BUD
15th Jul 2015, 11:49
Perhaps that single 737 700 could be put into service on BHD LGW... :O

El Bunto
15th Jul 2015, 13:42
Well thanks for nothing, EC.

For Belfast connections to hubs, that means Heathrow is now monopolised by a cartel^W single airline group.

Amsterdam has Easyjet and KLM from the two airports.

Manchester has Easyjet and FlyBE from the two airports.

Gatwick has Easyjet and ( possibly still ) Aer Lingus from the two airports.

Stansted and Luton are only served by Easyjet.

bnt
16th Jul 2015, 18:25
Looks like it's a go (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-33555151):

Aer Lingus shareholders have given the green light for a takeover by International Airline Group (IAG) at an extraordinary general meeting.
They passed four resolutions, including two on connectivity guarantees, that will allow the €1.3bn (£940m) deal to proceed.
IAG has also entered into agreements with competing airlines that operate long-haul flights out of the UK, the Netherlands and Ireland committing Aer Lingus to providing them with connecting passengers.
The approval comes after Ireland's low-cost carrier Ryanair on Friday accepted the bid by IAG for a near 30% stake in Aer Lingus.
IAG's plans include building a new transatlantic hub at Dublin airport.
Why a new transatlantic hub at Dublin? I think it's all about selling the C&I pre-clearance as a passenger convenience. (I can testify to the difference it makes, and I'm doing it again in September.)

johnrizzo2000
18th Jul 2015, 17:14
Wouldnt be hugely suprised to see the BHD base close, as others have said! PMI flight are being operated by a DUB aircraft, so AGP/FAO could be operated in a similar way, if there was sufficient demand. BA has a lounge in Belfast and offers Business Class, so they may be keen to keep their own metal on this route!

Any update on the Omni Air operation? Its due to end at the end of August, but could we see the operation extended, or used on another route next summer?

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Jul 2015, 19:06
Any update on the Omni Air operation? Its due to end at the end of August, but could we see the operation extended, or used on another route next summer?

It will depend on the number of factors such as the number of aircraft added next year ie. 1, 2 or 3 for long haul services. Should know in a few months.

I believe numbers filing the 767 are up and down so not sure how much it will pay off.

alserire
21st Jul 2015, 09:44
Anyone know what's up with EI103 to JFK today. Due to leave at 07.50 but not gone yet and EI website saying next info at 10.45. Have friends on it who won't be too happy!

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Jul 2015, 13:31
Pushed back at 13.36, tech aircraft but after a long time decided to offload passengers and allocate the YYZ aircraft.

Shamrock350
22nd Jul 2015, 17:30
Aer Lingus will apparently introduce a new premium product on short haul routes, named 'Aer Space' it will feature an empty middle seat, free snacks/drinks and priority boarding/baggage. Expected to be rolled out towards the end of the year according to Mike Rutter.

Cloud1
23rd Jul 2015, 06:06
Aer Lingus will apparently introduce a new premium product on short haul routes, named 'Aer Space' it will feature an empty middle seat, free snacks/drinks and priority boarding/baggage. Expected to be rolled out towards the end of the year according to Mike Rutter.

Let's hope that as a economy passenger I am allocated a seat in the same row as someone that has paid for "aer space". Get me a bit more room without paying the premium

edi_local
23rd Jul 2015, 09:24
It sounds as if they are just bringing in what most other Euro carriers market as short haul business class, which I thought EI did away with years ago.

I imagine it'll be a separate cabin with a curtain between normal economy and Aer Space. If someone wants the middle seat free then they pay to travel in the Aer Space cabin otherwise you risk having someone next to you.

LGWAlan
23rd Jul 2015, 12:15
It won't be a separate cabin with a curtain divider - if it was then APD would be doubled. It's all to do with the takeover/merger (however it is described) into IAG as OneWorld members must have a European "business" offering. This is simply the way round it - differentiation between those in cattle class and those not - middle seat and free refreshments - thats it!

edi_local
23rd Jul 2015, 13:37
It sounds like that would be hard to manage onboard though without some kind of divide. Unless EI make it so that someone on Aer Space can sit in, for example, rows 1-6 and those without Aer Space in 6 onwards but that still means there are technically 2 different cabins onboard with 2 levels of service.

Like someone suggested earlier. I could buy the cheapest ticket going and someone else may decide to buy the highest Aer Space fare. Without separate cabins, If that person sits next to me then we both get the benefit as their fare ensures no one next to them. They don't need to call it Business but much like every other Euro Carrier I've seen, Aer Space is essentially business class. Same seats as Y class, middle seat blocked and free catering.

Jamie2k9
23rd Jul 2015, 13:57
It won't be a separate cabin with a curtain divider - if it was then APD would be doubled. It's all to do with the takeover/merger (however it is described) into IAG as OneWorld members must have a European "business" offering. This is simply the way round it - differentiation between those in cattle class and those not - middle seat and free refreshments - thats it!

Was planed regardless of OW and IAG.

It sounds like that would be hard to manage onboard though without some kind of divide. Unless EI make it so that someone on Aer Space can sit in, for example, rows 1-6 and those without Aer Space in 6 onwards but that still means there are technically 2 different cabins onboard with 2 levels of service.

Like someone suggested earlier. I could buy the cheapest ticket going and someone else may decide to buy the highest Aer Space fare. Without separate cabins, If that person sits next to me then we both get the benefit as their fare ensures no one next to them. They don't need to call it Business but much like every other Euro Carrier I've seen, Aer Space is essentially business class. Same seats as Y class, middle seat blocked and free catering.

It will be row specific so no confusion.

Jack1985
23rd Jul 2015, 21:00
Going back to the days when the 321's had Mid Galleys they were regularly filled with Premier Pax using a crew back then of 8.

The 321's now have 5 CC on-board, so I wonder do they plan on leaving this unchanged.

Hangar6
25th Jul 2015, 17:51
EI A332 EWR ops DubAmsDub today to bring home pax from prev xxld A320 x2
Due bad weather, winds in AMS , is it that bad? BRU jammed with diverts !

G-ARZG
25th Jul 2015, 19:59
'One World....must have a European Business class offering'.

Unsure about that, Air Berlin for instance? 'ZG

Jamie2k9
29th Jul 2015, 16:18
EI posted loses of 13.9 million (9.9 million H1-14), revenue was up over the same period but exchange rates damaged them heavily during the period.

Q3 is the big one and expected to see a good improvement over last year.

Also conformation of the Aer Space product and possibility of B752 been fitted out with new J class.

http://corporate.aerlingus.com/media/corporateaerlinguscom/content/pdfs/H1_2015_presentation_FINAL.pdf

peacock1
31st Jul 2015, 09:46
Re equipping the 752 business cabin?
I thought the 752 was to exit service in early 2017.
Hardly worth it.

PPRuNeUser0176
31st Jul 2015, 11:44
Probally stay until they get the 321LR, a forth 752 is planned to be part of the 2016 fleet.

MarkD
5th Aug 2015, 14:03
EI-EIDW - re your post on the 21st. Do you have any recollection of how EI handled the YYZ flight after its aircraft was reallocated to 103? Or was 103's fixed in time for on-time/not completely outrageously delayed departure? These don't seem like great numbers (http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightRating/flightRatingByFlight.do?airlineCode=EI&flightNumber=128&departureAirportCode=YYZ&arrivalAirportCode=DUB) and reflect the delays I experienced when taking 128/129 in the winter.

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Aug 2015, 21:42
EI-EIDW - re your post on the 21st. Do you have any recollection of how EI handled the YYZ flight after its aircraft was reallocated to 103? Or was 103's fixed in time for on-time/not completely outrageously delayed departure? These don't seem like great numbers and reflect the delays I experienced when taking 128/129 in the winter.

It operated but around 4.5 hours late, the 752's going tech like that since they commenced EI op's is very very rare.

Part of the problem with the outbound punctuality is it generally uses gate 421/423 which stands were specifically aligned to handle 3 752's together and the last US 752 is at 12.55 however it's can be delayed often for a whole string of reasons if that flight is departing upstarts at those gates. It does changes gates which help but to be honest don't do a lot, late connections play a small role also.

Just one of those flights that's schedule is very tight, IAD is also s tight schedule.

Air Canada have been poor this year also, lunchtime flight regularly delayed and a lot more than EI.

PPRuNeUser0176
9th Aug 2015, 16:50
Next month 2 routes will finally be announced and while WC is confirmed, the short list appears for the EC to be:

East Coast - Philadelphia, New York-Newark, New York-La Guardia, Miami and Bradley international

Bradley international have offered EI $5 million to provide a daily service which would open up Europe, DL dropped AMS in 2009.

West Coast - Las Angles

Extra capacity will also be provided on existing service if they receive the second 2 A333 and 1 B752

In recent weeks IAG have converted options into firm orders for 3 A333, 8 A350 (delivery from next year for A333 anyway up to 2021) as well and 20 A320 NEO for delivery in 2020-2021.

I expect lots will be in EI colors and note these exclude the Iberia fleet order for long haul craft and of course BA don't operate the A333.

We are unlikely to hear from IAG until November for EI plans so may not be confirmed until then.

airhumberside
9th Aug 2015, 17:22
Unless it's a Saturday only service, LaGuardia-DUB would be illegal under US law. 6 days a week there is a distance restriction of 1500miles on services from La Guardia, only exception allowed being Denver

johnrizzo2000
9th Aug 2015, 18:51
New Routes
Next month 2 routes will finally be announced and while WC is confirmed, the short list appears for the EC to be:

East Coast - Philadelphia, New York-Newark, New York-La Guardia, Miami and Bradley international

Bradley international have offered EI $5 million to provide a daily service which would open up Europe, DL dropped AMS in 2009.

West Coast - Las Angles

LGA- as mentioned, the perimeter rule prevents this!
EWR- United has 2 flights per day, and EI is unlikely to spilt it's NYC operations. After operating 3 daily JFK this summer from DUB, I can't see them adding EWR!

PHL and MIA are most likely! I think it'll be MIA! 3 or 4 weekly LAX and 3 weekly MIA on a 330. The extra 757 will be used for the 3rd JFK flight!

Noxegon
9th Aug 2015, 21:38
I'd be very disappointed if the new routes turned out to be duplicates of those offered by other carriers. There are plenty of big areas of the US unserved from Ireland – such as Texas.

Bradley Int'l would be an interesting choice –*I can't see much outbound traffic from Ireland, but the other way?

Cian
9th Aug 2015, 22:17
Bradley Int'l would be an interesting choice –*I can't see much outbound traffic from Ireland, but the other way?

There's a few financial firms nearby with offices in Dublin. However, I do suspect its a pipe dream - whether the 5M bucks apparently on the table is enough of a bribe to prove it doesn't work over a summer season or two is another question.

owenc
10th Aug 2015, 10:41
Just off the dayflight from JFK. It was the best thing I could ever have done. I feel jetlagged still but if I had've taken the night flight i'd not be awake now.

The flight was full. Hopefully they keep it!

Entertainment was better in the 757, I think I prefer the narrowbody experience.

conradmueller
10th Aug 2015, 11:42
Sounds to me like SAS plus, which I think is a good idea.

descol
10th Aug 2015, 12:40
Knock Flight from NY
Just curious - what type of aircraft was used on this Flight on Sunday last ?

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Aug 2015, 12:42
They used a B752

obemichael21
10th Aug 2015, 21:42
Owen,Glad to hear you had a good flight back from new york.
Assuming you went over on the Aer lingus A330 airliner how would you compare both flights in terms of comfort,meals, cabin crew,etc.

Did you have to drive home immediately after landing in Dublin?
Frbest.

owenc
10th Aug 2015, 22:53
Owen,Glad to hear you had a good flight back from new york.
Assuming you went over on the Aer lingus A330 airliner how would you compare both flights in terms of comfort,meals, cabin crew,etc.

Did you have to drive home immediately after landing in Dublin?
Frbest.

Yes. I flew in Business, I don't think the seats in economy were comfortable. We had an awful selection of movies, like 10.

On the 757 the seats were more comfortable and it felt like the service was more personal. There was about 100 movies.

I would definitely do the day flight again.

Una Due Tfc
11th Aug 2015, 00:47
A HiFly A340 was flying around today with an EI callsign (EIN991), normally a callsign for hire-ins or crew training?

PPRuNeUser0176
11th Aug 2015, 01:03
A HiFly A340 was flying around today with an EI callsign (EIN991), n ormally a callsign for hire-ins or crew training?

Sunday afternoon ORD returned due to medial emergency and was lather canceled because of crewing issues and no A330 slot's free until Tuesday and next to no transfer availability so the A340 was hired to keep schedules in tact.

Departed as EI1127 around 20.00, are you sure it was 991, was supposed to be 993P for BRU-DUB leg

aer lingus
13th Aug 2015, 09:53
Do people think EI should introduce P/E seating? It's a nice little earner for BA just for an extra bit of legroom.Food and every thing else is same as economy.

EI-A330-300
18th Aug 2015, 16:30
EI now offically part of IAG after FR cleared today!

VanBosh
18th Aug 2015, 17:09
EI now offically part of IAG after FR cleared today!

When do we expect the first new routes which will be billed as only being possible thanks to IAG?

Think it only officially closes on Sept 1st so I imagine within a week or two of that.

dublinamg
19th Aug 2015, 19:01
Does anybody have a list of weekly IT charters that Aer Lingus are operating this year - read before that they are doing some.

I know there was a weekly Friday afternoon one to Monastir but that the series was cancelled after the tragic events in Tunisia.

ia350
19th Aug 2015, 20:24
With the takeover now complete will smaller routes like Verona stay ? fly this route a few times a year and with no Ryanair route it could be a problem , well they have Bologna which is OK I suppose .

Jamie2k9
19th Aug 2015, 20:25
With the takeover now complete will smaller routes like Verona stay ? fly this route a few times a year and with no Ryanair route it could be a problem , well they have Bologna which is OK I suppose .

VRN has been doing really well, it was 5 weekly at one point this summer and will also resume for ski season this year.

BLQ has been trimmed a lot but T/A connections this year may of benefited.

ia350
19th Aug 2015, 20:36
Thanks for the reply , say most people are going to lake garda , was on it last summer coming home the plane was full, Connacht rugby team also on board .

A321 was used a few times too which is a good sign hopefully more of the same .

Jamie2k9
21st Aug 2015, 16:11
Does anybody have a list of weekly IT charters that Aer Lingus are operating this year - read before that they are doing some.

I know there was a weekly Friday afternoon one to Monastir but that the series was cancelled after the tragic events in Tunisia.

Have re updated an actuate list of charter operations:

Summer 15:
Verona - Belfast
Izmir - Dublin
Bodrum - Dublin
Monitor - Dublin (scheduled ops to Malaga > 4 September, > 11 September Amsterdam, Manchester)

Winter 15/16:
Salzburg - Dublin and Cork
Verona - Belfast and Dublin
Toulouse - Dublin
Reykjavik - Dublin
Rovaniemi - Dublin, Cork and Gatwick*
Friedrichshafen - Gatwick
Geneva - Gatwick
Lyon - Gatwick

* One off Dublin-Gatwick-Rovaniemi service with no return via LGW .

Some of the charters operate twice weekly such as Friedrichshafen, Salzburg and Tolouse for example.

EI-BUD
22nd Aug 2015, 17:11
I'd like to get some discussion and opinion on the BHD position for EI now that EI is part of IAG.

I've been quite vocal for some time and had an opinion that EI would have a long run at BHD especially on the LHR route. Despite its relative strong cost base position (crew base etc.) at BHD, I now cannot see many reasons why EI will remain on the BHD LHR route and by inference at BHD. Here's why;

1. BHD LHR with EI is not bookable still for summer 2015, despite all other EI London routes being for sale on the website.
2. There is overcapacity on the BHD LHR route and with IAG's primary interest being connecting traffic and business travellers, I can see IAG wanted to consolidate the business on the route to a strong BA at T5. It is also unlikely that EI would move to T5, which is already utilised to capacity.
3. EI will remove 2 319's from the fleet early next year and that may necessitate the use of 320 on BHD LHR (though this prob not a big issue as 2 319s will still be available), which is based on current performance not needed.
4. There will likely be a new entrant on LGW - Belfast Market, and if it is to the BHD market it will pressurise EI position. If it is easyJet and that is where my money would be on, I could see EI abandoning the route.
5. IAG have strong leverage against the airport at this point, and which could result in EI being free to be released from any time bound contractual arrangements that may be in place.
6. Vueling could pick up the seasonal sun operations, and negate the need for a crew base for EI at BHD...

Without getting into the debate about which Belfast Airport is better, which is at best a futile debate, I pose the following scenario... with no alternative option by way of airline to serve Belfast Heathrow market; IAG and BA are in a very strong position to switch airports in Belfast with limited impact on passenger numbers. Hitherto BHD competing airlines meant that BHD was likely to keep both as BA wouldn't have deflected out to BFS as EI would have stole a march on them at BHD. But not no alternative means that BA has huge leverage, and BFS albeit not as convenient for business pax etc. it is the only route to London Heathrow. This would mean a 24 hr. airport for BA, and a proposition that BFS could invest heavily into the majorly impact its smaller rival. This move into IAG could be real game changer from the perspective of the Belfast Airports.

Watch this space.... any views on the above?

stab3.5up
22nd Aug 2015, 18:01
In essence your points are well placed. Menzies future may not be very secure but EI could still operate but just not have base planes or crew. I think the sun routes are indeed probably dead in the water. I would say we mite get a year or so with LHR. LGW depends on who takes up the slots.

I would say though that once the takeover starts moving it will be a very quick process but it's not a takeover as in BMI or BCAL so maybe not all gloom for BHD

EI-BUD
22nd Aug 2015, 18:22
stab3.5up;
I take it you mean that Vueling would naturally come to the sun routes? EI have performed v well this year on their small sun route operations, if the loads and the high fares that are quoted on the website are anything to go by? Equally, the very respectable share of the passengers that BHD get on the same routes. . .

This feels like there is significant risk surrounding BHD's sun routes business once again. . . the issues is that if EI exit, unless VY definitely picks up the slack, I'd suggest the list of eligible airlines is extremely limited....

mart901
22nd Aug 2015, 18:53
Given EI have only very recently put on sale FAO and AGP for summer 2016 with the take over virtually a given I doubt this is the case, the routes have gone on sale later than this in the past, PMI normally comes in stream quite a lot later. LGW is on sale and has been for a while also. LHR not, but again there could be a million and one reasons for this, one of which of course being IAG making it an all BA route, BA could also be removed and EI run it with their lower operating costs. I do feel EI is well established in the NI market and I don't think any decision for them to exit would happen so quickly.

EI-BUD
22nd Aug 2015, 19:09
Mart901, I hope you are right and I agree that EI is well established. I had long considered that EI could serve the route exclusively and there are merits for this, though from an BA perspective I cant see them exiting. An upside to increasing EI's operations especially on a LHR route is that the unions (although BHD on different contracts to ROI), cannot raise concerns that IAG had curtailed EI's LHR ops. and in terms of competition I guess taking EI off the route says something about reducing the offer to the consumer. Moreover, the BCN LGW route where BA and VY are both operating at some frequency is a good example that may be replicated...

EI-BUD

True Blue
22nd Aug 2015, 20:24
EI do not seem to getting good loads at all on Bhd - Lgw, looking at the Caa stats. I am not sure there will be a great rush to pick this up by another operator as Easyjet seem to have it well tied up to Bfs.

TB

EI-BUD
22nd Aug 2015, 21:07
to be fair true blue they are getting into the 80's and that is despite an awful schedule where there is no departure early enough to get into London pre 9am, with the first of the day going at 0740/5.

The loads are good as last year and that is on a 319 and the poorer schedule.. I think they should be happy enough with LGW... the prices seems to be higher than last year.. though I cannot say about the actual yield of the route....

FR have expressed an interest in LGW Belfast. And I think easyJet will have little choice but to come into the fray, they will want to keep FR out of the market. It is inevitable that BFS go to BFS if they do come back to Belfast. A route like LGW will give BFS management a perfect explanation to easyJet as to the reason for FR's return. Hence my assertion that EZY will do a LGW routes ex BHD....if they get the slots ..

mart901
22nd Aug 2015, 21:08
I think much of the issue there is frequency, BE were 5x daily and had a better spread of flights with smaller aircraft, EI went up to 4x daily but at the time BE were on the route and they never seemed to fully bring in the numbers, they were initially driven by low fares and probably an unsustainable amount of advertising. However, being part of IAG will bring connections, I think its part of the sale agreement to offer them through LGW to competitors, which could be lucrative all round.

Jamie2k9
22nd Aug 2015, 21:19
IF FR enter BHD-LGW it will confirm EI's exit, if they enter BFS-LGW it will still confirm EI's exit of BHD-LGW but also only a matter of time before FR do Spain and Portugal and seal EI's full exit at BHD.

They won't bother wasting time, money and resources competing when they have much more profitable places to fly to at the same time.

EI-BUD
22nd Aug 2015, 21:20
mart901,

EI are now carrying as many pax as BE ever did in any month when it operated BHD LGW on its own. Last year EI peaked at 24K pax, and when the 2 operated together they both suffered... I think Flybe had it particular tough so much so it put Q400's on some rotations ... So the current service ex BHD as it currently stands is sustainable and attractive for them, but if another joins then it will be a completely different matter .

Jamie,
I completely agree. Though my suspicion is that BFS would love FR in on a limited basis and easyJet wont have it, MOL has said this publically. Though getting slots for a LGW, means that BFS can let FR in, in a way that is presentable to EZY and there is little that EZY can do about it. . .

mart901
22nd Aug 2015, 21:27
LGW, EI did about 80% L/F last month.

Not sure FR are serious about LGW or BHD/BFS long term, lets face it they'd be there by now if they were. I wouldn't rule out Norwegian.

j636
23rd Aug 2015, 00:55
Friedrichshafen - Gatwick
Geneva - Gatwick
Lyon - Gatwick

Surprised with twice weekly freq to Friedrichshafen when it's so well served and with EZY coming onto the route i would of taught package companies would have adequate capacity on other IT/scheduled flights.

Jamie2k9
23rd Aug 2015, 13:39
J636

On a sexond look Friedrichshafen is listed but not operating so either the route was cut by operator or using scheduled services. Its 3 weekly LYS and 1 weekly GVA this year.

stab3.5up
23rd Aug 2015, 17:19
I understand that the majority of EI seats sold on sun routes are to tour operators and EI just sell off what's left. Not much yield in that game. Hence why they may yet give them up or even hand them to VY or even Iberia Express. Interesting times ahead if not challenging for all concerned.

I think that in all likelihood on reflection not much will change til S16 but aviation is a funny old game

VickersVicount
23rd Aug 2015, 18:28
Not much yield? Guarenteed high loads throughout the season at an agreed profit rate- I would have thought that was an excellent method

gavinhicks
8th Sep 2015, 15:51
Anyone know when and if a service to lax will be announced along with other transatlantic expansion

waffler
8th Sep 2015, 16:26
Early October.

Una Due Tfc
8th Sep 2015, 16:39
1 more leased 757 and 3 more A330s seems to be latest rumour?

Corkshamrock
8th Sep 2015, 16:52
Any news on the Cork summer schedule and when it will be released, most sun routes not fully there at the moment, AGP twice a week?? No FAO so far. just wondering as DUB is loaded at the moment

EI-A330-300
8th Sep 2015, 16:55
1 more leased 757 and 3 more A330s seems to be latest rumour?

Would be extremely surprised if they do + 4 next year, I think +3 is realistic (752, 2 A333). They are having problems sourcing A333 but CEO said routes would be announced soon at the weekend.

Any news on the Cork summer schedule and when it will be released, most sun routes not fully there at the moment, AGP twice a week?? No FAO so far. just wondering as DUB is loaded at the moment

Cork is usually last would expect it in a few weeks.

gavinhicks
8th Sep 2015, 18:34
any news on new shannon routes, was hearing agp is getting dropped.

AerRyan
4th Oct 2015, 17:59
I'm hearing the summer schedules official release is delayed about 2 weeks, they are hoping to have willie at the event.

gavinhicks
6th Oct 2015, 13:39
so whats to be announced in 2 weeks will we see lax and possibly hartford-bradley or could miami or dallas be in the running, its going to be interesting to see and what developments will be made with the short haul services.

EI-A330-300
7th Oct 2015, 12:42
No short haul services will be announced when T/A is added. The announcement will also have no impact of releasing summer schedules.

EISNN
7th Oct 2015, 14:22
Is it possible that one of the A330's to arrive next year will operate on the SNN-BOS run following the B767 hire-in this year? That would allow for it to run for a longer period than the 12 weeks it did this summer.

AerRyan
7th Oct 2015, 14:33
I'd say it's unlikely. The A330 for next year would really be a year round or at least MAR-JAN job. The A330 is alot of plane on a daily service outside of June/July/August. They also want to push and expand out of Dublin.

gavinhicks
8th Oct 2015, 10:37
Aer Lingus adding new BHD-ALC route x5 weekly aswell as increasing PMI to x5 weekly and FAO and AGP to 9 per week also they are deploying the A320 on LHR.

Jamie2k9
9th Oct 2015, 16:53
LA and Hartford are the new long haul routes from what I understand. Extra freq on others.

Noxegon
9th Oct 2015, 18:48
I really wish we could dispense with this idea that a new competitor operating on a route operated by another carrier is a "new route"...

Skipness One Echo
9th Oct 2015, 20:38
What's driving Hartford to the top of the list? What's the connection?

PPRuNeUser0176
9th Oct 2015, 20:52
A $5 million subsidy for a T/A route is been offered and quiet a few companies also have offices here as well. It could be a good niche route and onword connections at DUB will be a big benefit.

DL flew a B752 to AMS for many years so there is a market and EI have lower costs which could benefit.

In other a news a new premium check in area for J class has opened at T2, desks 29/30 are closed off from the rest. Passengers have their own private queue!

Shamrock350
9th Oct 2015, 20:52
The $5 Million subsidy offered to Aer Lingus might be of interest.

A service was first talked about late last year, the subsidy was said to be set aside by the local government this spring and now it's come back and looking more and more likely to happen!

ia350
9th Oct 2015, 21:09
Hartford's a huge university city maybe that's a big reason ?

EI-BUD
9th Oct 2015, 21:55
Unless that potential US destination has onward connectivity with JetBlue I would discount it.....?? Or indeed American, giving the alliance on the North Atlantic with IAG..

Jamie2k9
9th Oct 2015, 23:00
Unless that potential US destination has onward connectivity with JetBlue I would discount it.....?? Or indeed American, giving the alliance on the North Atlantic with IAG..

The feed will be Dublin (40-50 routes) on this one, and this will be the route unless there is a sudden change between now and the announcement.

I have heard some whispers that there could be another little surprise in store at the announcement but can't verify it so won't speculate but it relates to the US.

Waldo1
9th Oct 2015, 23:19
Just going to say...read back thru all the nonsense posted, it's not even rumour, just sh1te talk about Al giving up and vueling replacing them on"bucket and spade" routes... God I hate that phrase blah blah...and what do you know...IAG. but them and what happens? Existing routes all stay! Existing routes strengthened by extra rotations on the summer routes and bigger aircraft on the Heathrow route...and a NEW ROUTE to alicante...and yes, it is a new route

EI-A330-300
10th Oct 2015, 13:20
Heartford could be an interesting one and successful with Europe connections if BOS-DUB-Europe is anything to go by which EI have exploited lack of US based carriers to Europe and even Euro carriers to an extent.

This year will see DUB rise from number 3 to number 2 busiest International route ex BOS over taking CDG.

Just to think 3 years ago (2012) AMS, FRA and CDG were all head and since then, EI have added over 90,000 passengers while CDG has lost over 130,000, AMS lost over 15,000, FRA lost over 250,000.

A question of when additional capacity is added to meet demand by EI.

BAladdy
12th Oct 2015, 22:21
According to Jethro's fleet listings, EI have removed one of there A319's (EI-EPS) from service. The other 3 are showing as being for disposal. Are EI gonna replace these with A320's?.

Does anyone know if the A319's going to be put in storage by the lessor or do they already have a new home for them?

Jamie2k9
12th Oct 2015, 22:25
They are leased, anoter will go in a few weeks. The other 2 next year. Little Red replaces 3 and they are looking for a few 321s at present. Think one of the current A321s are going as well.

EI-A330-300
13th Oct 2015, 15:38
2 new A333's on the production line with Airbus and will arrive next year in time for May start for routes.

Papa2Charlie
13th Oct 2015, 17:21
Are these part of the IAG order of A333's for Iberia?

EI-A330-300
13th Oct 2015, 17:48
IB are receiving 11 A332, but either them or IAG had options for 2 A333 available.

gavinhicks
13th Oct 2015, 22:53
Word starting to spread about Hartford route
http://www.courant.com/business/hc-aer-lingus-bradley-flight-chatter-20151012-story.html

Una Due Tfc
15th Oct 2015, 13:20
IF Hartford does happen (5 million dollars and 2 years of no airport charges is certainly a tasty incentive) then it'll be a B752 route. All the rumours are that they're only getting one more of those. I wonder if they need a daily service to get the aid. 1 A330 is needed for LAX, either a 300 to release a 200 from BOS or ORD, or a 200.

The morning JFK flight was a big success by all accounts so I can't see them not running that again. Another A330 could do YYZ in the days it's not doing LAX and release that 757 for Hartford IF it wasn't daily, which I doubt for that kind of incentive. Or they would do a hire in for SNN-BOS again.

Realistically 2 A330s sound like they will be needed. 1 for YYZ to release a 757 for Hartford, and another for LAX and maybe increasing frequency on MCO.

Interesting times anyway. Wonder when the announcement will be.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Oct 2015, 14:31
Airline route reported that EI loaded new flight numbers and both have a 6 weekly frequancy earlier this week.

goldeneye
16th Oct 2015, 14:29
Where are the additional A330's likely to come from.

Also does anyone know if EI will be brought into the Transatlantic partnership of BA/IB/AA.

Shamrock350
16th Oct 2015, 14:54
Seems the A330s are coming directly from Airbus as new builds, either part of an independent Aer Lingus order or part of IAG's current order book.

The plan is that Aer Lingus will join the joint venture across the atlantic.

One of the flight numbers loaded was EI144, wasn't that the old LAX flight?

Just a spotter
17th Oct 2015, 09:07
One of the flight numbers loaded was EI144, wasn't that the old LAX flight?

Yeup, 145 DUB-LAX, 144 LAX-DUB

JAS

Fairdealfrank
18th Oct 2015, 01:12
Is EI now part of IAG or are there any more regulatory hurdles to jump?

racedo
18th Oct 2015, 21:25
Man dies on board Aer Lingus aircraft - RTÉ News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/1018/735740-plane-diverted-to-cork-airport-after-man-dies-on-b/)

Passenger died on Aer Lingus flight from Lisbon.
Diverted into Cork.
Passenger became agitated and bit another passenger before being restrained. Became unwell and died.

Pure speculation on my part but wonder was passenger being a mule with something internal.

cornishsimon
18th Oct 2015, 22:16
Personally I would wait for the PM, what you suggest is entirely possible however so are many other things, most of which aren't illegal.

cs

Dontgothere
19th Oct 2015, 00:03
Agitated and bit another passenger? Sounds a little bit like rabies, but it is not mine to speculate as to what was going on, I just hope that the other passengers and staff weren't too traumatised and my condolences to the family of the deceased.

Una Due Tfc
19th Oct 2015, 07:46
The woman he was travelling with has been arrested under the drug trafficking act

racedo
19th Oct 2015, 08:21
Agitated and bit another passenger? Sounds a little bit like rabies, but it is not mine to speculate as to what was going on, I just hope that the other passengers and staff weren't too traumatised and my condolences to the family of the deceased.

South African Rabies.....

Zombie Apocalypse is starting.:rolleyes:

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Oct 2015, 11:21
Wednesday will see routes revealed, people seem to believe it will be 3 routes now. MIA or EWR seem to of been mentioned on top of the two already said.

Hangar6
19th Oct 2015, 17:35
Yes Wednesday is public announcement of the 3 routes
Not sure if the fleet expansion will be confirmed at same time
But good to see third year of major Tatl growth in seats and
Passengers and ALL pre IAG involvement.

Expect a surprise

CabinCrewe
19th Oct 2015, 18:25
EWR would be a bit disappointing. Wonder if a curveball like Portland could suit IAG (which it is all about now)...
MIA, TPA ?

malcolm380
19th Oct 2015, 19:04
not for me it wouldn't....since the demise of CO EWR-BRS, I've wished for a one-connection flight to replace it, on a carrier with which I am a FF. Avios on EWR-DUB-BRS will suit me just fine.

Hangar6
19th Oct 2015, 19:37
You,ll be happy twice over then !

racedo
19th Oct 2015, 22:28
'Number of packages' recovered from body of man who died on Aer Lingus flight - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/number-of-packages-recovered-from-body-of-man-who-died-on-aer-lingus-flight-34123061.html)

Packages recovered internally from dead man on diverted EI last night.

Sadly my speculation appears all too accurate.

EI-A330-300
20th Oct 2015, 16:55
You,ll be happy twice over then !

so will UA code share be given the boot or will they keep it for EWR, not sure AA will be pleased but I personally hate AA and I expect many others do as well.

not for me it wouldn't....since the demise of CO EWR-BRS, I've wished for a one-connection flight to replace it, on a carrier with which I am a FF. Avios on EWR-DUB-BRS will suit me just fine.

UA have offered BRS-DUB-EWR for the last 2 summers.

waffler
21st Oct 2015, 09:51
EI 145 Dublin - Los Angeles is loaded in Aer Lingus.com from May 4th 2016
Departing Dub 1500
Arriving Lax. 1800

Departing Lax. 1950
Arriving. Dub. 1400 next day

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Oct 2015, 12:10
What is wrong with the flight times?

Jamie2k9
21st Oct 2015, 12:43
EI are down to use United Terminal 7 at LAX and considering they have returned to EWR as well, one might assume the agreement between both will not be finishing anything soon.....

Terminal info for EWR not confirmed.

Una Due Tfc
21st Oct 2015, 13:54
United has a flight at 1pm so this flight will just coincide with that. can they not do a flight later?

I don't see the point in two airlines flying the same route at the same time.

They want to make money, offering better connectivity to you and me isn't their obligation since the state sold it's shares.

Is the second UA EWR definitely staying next year anyway?

So with EI in bed with both UA and AA now, ET and DL are the only airlines serving the US outside it, 17 flights a week....not a lot!

CCR
21st Oct 2015, 15:04
Let`s not forget Norwegian is flying from Cork to Boston next year too.

Una Due Tfc
21st Oct 2015, 15:47
Just curious about something. BA are replacing 767s with 787s at the moment aren't they? I wonder if a couple of them could fly for EI until the A350s start to arrive? The 767 is the same type rating as the 757 isn't it? I know the 757 crews are Air Contractors, but many of them are on secondment from EI anyway

mart901
21st Oct 2015, 22:06
Wasn't the day flight for a period of 12 weeks over summer while an omni air 767 went into SNN? The day JFK was a 757, EWR will be A330. BDL will be 757 however, wondering if that means YYZ will be taken off for winter 16?

EI-A330-300
21st Oct 2015, 22:19
Another 752 been added...

BDL SLF
22nd Oct 2015, 12:25
Bradley To Dublin Aer Lingus Flights Expected To Start September 2016 - Hartford Courant (http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-windsor-locks-aer-lingus-bradley-dublin-1022-20151021-story.html)

This is great for those of us who fly out of southern New England. We haven't had a direct to Europe since 2009 or so.

Una Due Tfc
22nd Oct 2015, 14:51
19 million dollars in subsidies over 2 years???!!!

brian_dromey
22nd Oct 2015, 15:16
No wonder they choose Hartford. Once the subsidies run out will be the real test.

AerRyan
22nd Oct 2015, 17:25
From what I pick up, there's a 757 due in late May/early June, that will operate an early JFK until Late September and then operate Hartford.

AerRyan
22nd Oct 2015, 17:28
Hehe they got confused about the meaning of Pre-Clearence. Apparently there's no customs on arrival inDublin :)

Una Due Tfc
22nd Oct 2015, 17:32
So what capacity is being dropped to operate LAX then?

AerRyan
22nd Oct 2015, 17:35
2 new A330's Due?
Not everything is doom and gloom.

Una Due Tfc
22nd Oct 2015, 17:48
First new A330 not til August though?

EI-A330-300
22nd Oct 2015, 18:03
Believe no cuts are been made for LAX so another leased Airbus is arriving. Best chance is one Airbus will arrive on time for EWR launch and the second arrival will enter service in 2017 as whatever way you look at it they need to lease another Airbus for 2017 so leasing it for LAX saves the same expense in 2017.

17% capacity increase cannot be achieved by waiting for Airbus to arrive.

ROKNA
23rd Oct 2015, 13:38
Two on order, April/May looked more like the production dates

Jamie2k9
23rd Oct 2015, 15:45
The fourth 752 will be used on IAD to operate a daily service (4 weekly now) between May-September before moving to Heartford. IAD A332 will move to LAX, while a weekly MCO will not operate and also move to LAX.

Would appear extra JFK will not run next year nor the increased capacity at SNN.

Ametyst1
23rd Oct 2015, 17:34
Aer Lingus re-commenced operations between Liverpool and Dublin today.

gavinhicks
23rd Oct 2015, 18:30
that's great to see, and they've made quite an impact when you look at fares on fr and the ei website, anybody know how bookings for it have been.

Hangar6
23rd Oct 2015, 20:55
So EI have a unique offering,
EI/KL so close they are nearly married
EI B6 very profitable both parties dead happy
EI /BA getting even closer
EI UA as above

Add in AC AA

First casualty , EY will go for sure IAG don't need them?

Interesting times ahead but EI are quite unique in their reach for such a small carrier

PPRuNeUser0176
24th Oct 2015, 00:15
First casualty , EY will go for sure IAG don't need them?

You would think but I would look at EY as no threat to BA or IAG as a whole and if you remove the booking channel from EI they will just go to EY/EK directly rather than BA etc. EI may just enjoy what revenue they receive from passengers who book via them and I think EI probably benefit more from some T/A connections at DUB. Can't see many logging onto EI.com to book EY flights and don't know of anybody who has.

The UA scenario is an interesting one and the recent announcements such as EWR and possibly using T7 at LAX. Surly UA will need to get the boot when they rejoin OW, can OW refuse EI entry if they don't get rid of them?

Personally I am not a fan of AA and would hub in the US with JetBlue or United only or fly directly from LHR or any Euro hub. I would hate for EI to force passengers onto AA.

Una Due Tfc
24th Oct 2015, 00:45
A stipulation from the EU ruling on allowing IAG to purchase EI was to leave all current joint ventures to continue and allow them to be renewed, so all the codeshares/JVs Hangar 6 has mentioned are free to continue, and why would IAG not want them to? They already get BAW, IBE and AAL connection money, leaving current deals in place grants them access to more money from UAL and KLM, plus allows us pax to select a better product from JBU.

And I agree AAL offer a far inferior product to ALL their US competitors.

EI-A330-300
27th Oct 2015, 23:10
BA/EI joint code share application to the US to allow code share on all flights that end in the US
and they want it asap.

http://airlineinfo.com/ostpdf94/829.pdf

cornishsimon
28th Oct 2015, 00:12
makes lots of sense!

cs

goldeneye
28th Oct 2015, 10:28
I assume this will just be a formality for BA/EI, makes a lot of sense, and will allow connections over LON or DUB.

PPRuNeUser0176
30th Oct 2015, 10:31
IAG report EI made an operating profit of €45 million since joining them on 18 August until end of Q3, 250 million in revenue generated.

Wingman1000
30th Oct 2015, 18:10
Looks like Aer Lingus will not operated CPH next summer, seems competition against Ryanair, Norwegian and SAS is too tough.

EI-A330-300
30th Oct 2015, 18:13
They have started and droppes CPH 2 or 3 times at this stage, no point in wasting time and money competing when there is more to be made elsewhere.

EI-BUD
30th Oct 2015, 22:33
Total over capacity on this route to CPH and this summer there were as many daily flights to CPH as there were to AMS.

EI are a commercial outfit and will not waste resource.. And as has been said, it's been reactivated so many times, so EI have given CPH prob more attempts than most routes.

AerRyan
30th Oct 2015, 22:41
There was only up to 4x Daily as far as I can see. How many did AMS have?

racedo
30th Oct 2015, 23:10
IAG report EI made an operating profit of €45 million since joining them on 18 August until end of Q3, 250 million in revenue generated.

Ah IAG accountants already working..................................

Jamie2k9
30th Oct 2015, 23:19
Ah IAG accountants already working..................................

The figures stack up, Q3 14 had an OP of €113 million and revenue of €531 million. Would expect the full Q3 this year to be quiet a bit ahead of 14 (trends prior to take over suggested) so they look as would be expected over the short period.

MarkD
31st Oct 2015, 10:12
An A330 to YYZ if it improved OTP even just by quicker loading at both ends. :hmm: won't hold my breath!

Hartford is an interesting one. Half way between NYC and BOS more or less. Might pull in a little traffic via Amtrak down from Vermont/Western Massachusetts, and hopefully substantially more up from the fairly sizeable New Haven on the coast (which is where Yale University is located). With an AC codeshare it might be able to offer additional seats to YYZ on non-direct days when BOS capacity is tight and the alternative offered is ORD.

j636
1st Nov 2015, 23:00
Are all EI's A319's been passed to Vueling

MarkD
2nd Nov 2015, 02:18
A319s EI-EPT/EPU are in BFS* and BHD respectively having done their day's rotations, per FlightRadar24
* diversion

bnt
8th Nov 2015, 14:31
IAG is now saying they have confirmed (http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/aer-lingus-set-for-fleet-expansion-363361.html) the order for 15x A320neo jets, to be used across all four airlines. This on top of the 2x A333 (for EI) and 2x A332 (for IA) that have been confirmed.

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Nov 2015, 16:59
Air Canada have added LHR/BHX/MAN/GLA/EDI connections to DUB-YYZ using EI's flights for next summer. Does not appear in reverse for Irish bookings excluding LHR which always was available ex DUB.

MarkD
15th Nov 2015, 15:12
yup, just looked at June and a YYZ-BHX outbound is offered in June as AC1908-EI272. At 10h35 it's the shortest total time option on the route - not surprising as most of the other options are via FRA!

heidelberg
17th Nov 2015, 12:29
Ei 120 due to depart MCO last Saturday 14th at 2045 -
Cancelled at 1am due APU problem.
Re scheduled as EI 1120 for Sunday 15th at 2359!
Cancelled again around 2am.
Replacement EI aircraft - the St Ronan arrived via Boston with a scheduled departure as EI 2120 2000. Finally departed 2115 Monday 16th.
Nearly 300 PAX seriously discomoded.
My daughter and her husband on the flight.
EI communications consisted of one email and one text to her over 3 days.
Had to phone EI New York for updates.
PAX are reminded they are entitled to compensation for cancelled flights
under EC 261/2004.
There were two cancelled flights.
Flights over 3500km results in compensation of €600 per cancellation.
Click on
Flight Delay Compensation | Claims Ireland (http://www.claims.ie/flight_delay_compensation)
Séamus

Jamie2k9
17th Nov 2015, 12:35
Very unlikely to get payouts of 600 euro.....probally only get flightt vouchers from EI.

Re-scheduled is not Cancelled!

Wolverhampton
17th Nov 2015, 12:47
I'd say very likely to get the full amount of compensation. It's a great system that works very well.

EI-A330-300
17th Nov 2015, 17:55
British Airways / AerLingus Expands Codeshare Routes from Nov 2015 | Airline Route (http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/16/baei-codeshare-nov15/)

British Airways and AerLingus last week expanded their reciprocal codeshare partnership, which covers additional routes between the UK and Ireland, as well as beyond UK.

Newly implemented codeshare routes from 11NOV15 as follow.

British Airways operated by AerLingus
Dublin – Birmingham
Dublin – Liverpool
Dublin – Manchester

AerLingus operated by British Airways
London Heathrow – Belfast City
London Heathrow – Cape Town
London Heathrow – Dubai
London Heathrow – Dublin
London Heathrow – Johannesburg
London Heathrow – Kuala Lumpur
London Heathrow – Singapore

heidelberg
18th Nov 2015, 02:25
Flight EI 120 was cancelled on Sat 14th as indicated by various monitoring agencies including Aer Lingus.
The flight replacing it on Sunday 15th was EI 1120 that was also cancelled.
This flight was replaced on Monday 16th by EI 2120.
Note three different flight numbers.
The EU directive EC 261/2004 is clear on how compensation is calculated.
In summary it is dependent on distance and it must be a flight by an EU airline when originating outside the EU.
If the flight is originating from an EU airport it applies to ALL airlines regardless of their home base.
The Aer Lingus flight originating in Orlando met all criteria for maximum compensation including route distance.

Wolverhampton
18th Nov 2015, 10:44
Very good. Quote all of the relevant information, contact the airline directly, and wait for the cheque.

PPRuNeUser0176
18th Nov 2015, 10:54
Flight EI 120 was cancelled on Sat 14th as indicated by various monitoring agencies including Aer Lingus.
The flight replacing it on Sunday 15th was EI 1120 that was also cancelled.
This flight was replaced on Monday 16th by EI 2120.
Note three different flight numbers.
The EU directive EC 261/2004 is clear on how compensation is calculated.
In summary it is dependent on distance and it must be a flight by an EU airline when originating outside the EU.
If the flight is originating from an EU airport it applies to ALL airlines regardless of their home base.
The Aer Lingus flight originating in Orlando met all criteria for maximum compensation including route distance.

No expert but different flight numbers mean nothing as they are required for operational purposes. All EI have to do is show it was exceptional circumstances and by the sounds of the tech fault it they could just do that.

Do update if you do receive the full amount.

Wolverhampton
18th Nov 2015, 11:34
Just concentrate on the flight on the 14th. The 15th and 16th are irrelevant. A simple letter detailing the flight details and the fact that it was cancelled should be enough. The EU rules are pretty clear, and the "extraordinary circumstances" excuse is now a lot less easy to use by airlines.

heidelberg
18th Nov 2015, 14:21
Thanks for the various comments and in particular the help provided by 'wolverhampton'.
AL have already offered a travel voucher for €250.
TG for the EU directive EC 261/2004!
It should make it much easier and quicker to process the claim.
I will let you know how it goes.

fivejuliet
18th Nov 2015, 15:32
There were several landmark court cases in the UK recently where delays arising from technical faults were found to not be extraordinary circumstances

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huzar_v_Jet2.com

It's not entirely black and white however, some issues can be considered extraordinary, the failure of essential flight controls before departure being one of them, or damage caused by a foreign object. Of course in this case we don't know what the issue was.

There are many flight delay solicitors out there who operate on a no-win-no-fee basis who would be happy to help I'm sure. EI may try and bluff if you deal with them directly but their evidence has to be able to stand up in court.

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Nov 2015, 12:29
EI have updated T/A again,

LAX 4 weekly (5 weekly - beleive 4 was planned at start as it was that when first released online)
ORD 12 weekly (11 weekly)

One would expect ORD to go 14 weekly in 2017 with aircraft.

Afternoon T/A departuers pushed back as well, should allow a few additional connections.

ORD - 15.45 ~ 16.00
JFK - 16.00 ~ 16.15
BOS - 16.15 ~ 16.30

Jamie2k9
20th Nov 2015, 22:37
EI-EIDW here is the full update:

ORD - (11 weekly) - 12 weekly eff 7 Apr, 13 weekly eff 6 Oct
BDL - 4 weekly eff 28 Sep, Daily eff 6 Oct
LAX - 4 weekly eff 4 May
EWR - 1 Daily eff 1 Sep
BOS - 2 Daily
JFK - 2 Daily
SFO - 1 Daily
YYZ - 1 Daily
IAD - (4 weekly 332) - 5 weekly 752 eff 4 May, 5 weekly 330 eff 28 Sept
MCO - (4 weekly) - 3 weekly

alserire
23rd Jan 2016, 15:30
Does anybody know if EI flights in the winter to Salzburg entirely charter based? Can't find them on the official website.

Jamie2k9
23rd Jan 2016, 15:39
Does anybody know if EI flights in the winter to Salzburg entirely charter based? Can't find them on the official website.

Yes, scheduled ended a few years ago.

Skipness One Foxtrot
26th Jan 2016, 14:22
Quick question, have Aer Lingus ever deviated from the layouts below in the last few years?

A319 Y144
A320 Y174
A321 Y212

Cheers!

Jamie2k9
26th Jan 2016, 14:55
Quick question, have Aer Lingus ever deviated from the layouts below in the last few years?

A319 Y144
A320 Y174
A321 Y212

Cheers!

No and the A319's will be all gone in a few weeks, replaced by A320's.

MCDU2
26th Jan 2016, 16:05
Pedant hat on.....I think the Iberia 320s came with 3 less seats from memory so to be strictly correct in answering your question then yes. But after a while the additional row was put in to ensure fleet conformity.

Skipness One Foxtrot
26th Jan 2016, 16:29
Pedantry is good detail by any other name, much appreciated, thanks all!

EI-A330-300
26th Feb 2016, 08:33
EI 2015 operating profit of 124 million, up from 52 million and I remember last year they said it would only be towards end of 2015 before the reducted oil would impaxt so 2016 should be a good year.

aergirl
26th Feb 2016, 12:23
Heard from a very reliable source today that EI are downsizing the operation at BHD. They are cutting all of the summer routes from October, and this winter will see 1x320 based there, operating only LHR. They are scaling the operation back and preparing to close the base.

The pilot base is being closed from October and the flights will be operated by Dublin crew, the cabin crew base will close in March 2017 and it is still being decided at the minute whether the LHR flights will continue with Dublin based crew and aircraft.

Its a sad time and staff will be briefed very shortly on the options available to them.

AerRyan
26th Feb 2016, 17:45
Can't see it happening.

aergirl
26th Feb 2016, 18:31
Sadly it's not a case of it it does happen, it's when it happens. It's been on the cards for a long time and IAG have accelerated it now. Belfast is haemorrhaging money and they want to stop this and use the aircraft more profitably.

Press has started to get leaks now.....

More will follow....

Jobs fear for Aer Lingus staff in Belfast - The Irish News (http://www.irishnews.com/business/2016/02/26/news/jobs-fear-for-aer-lingus-staff-in-belfast-431091/)

mart901
26th Feb 2016, 20:11
The summer routes close every October. Quite possibly land up with only seasonal based crew with year round operated by DUB. It might not pay having a crew base for 1 aircraft.

BFS watcher
26th Feb 2016, 20:58
Jobs fear for Aer Lingus staff in Belfast - The Irish News (http://www.irishnews.com/business/2016/02/26/news/jobs-fear-for-aer-lingus-staff-in-belfast-431091/)

Not good news for the crews.

GAZMO
26th Feb 2016, 21:11
Have to agree, unless they have new routes in the pipeline it's only three daily flights from BHD to LHR for the winter period

EI-A330-300
26th Feb 2016, 21:27
Have to agree, unless they have new routes in the pipeline it's only three daily flights from BHD to LHR for the winter period

SNN-LHR same size base....

As for the sun routes look we have been told by folk in Belfast since they commenced they at City they were been scrapped. So remember that before concluding what was posted as gospel.

In other news they have finally released the new app, big improvement.

EISNN
26th Feb 2016, 21:35
SNN-LHR same size base....

SNN base as far as I'm aware has a larger base to crew 3 X LHR daily along with 3 daily transatlantic B757 operations. Something in the region of 130 crew. I'm not sure BHD cc base is as big.

DC9_10
26th Feb 2016, 22:04
The biggest problem I fear for Aer Lingus leisure routes from Bhd is that if Ryanair throw in a few of the same routes, the price sensitive leisure passengers will have three low cost airlines in which to mix and match outbound and return fares from Bfs in order to get the cheapest deal. This could potentially have a large impact on Aer Lingus revenues on Sun routes from Bhd as they try to compete with the two largest locos in Europe, and a large scheduled leisure airline (Jet2) who have built up a substantial customer base in Northern Ireland over a few years.

GAZMO
26th Feb 2016, 22:22
Leisure routes from BHD should do well this year as pax are looking to Spain and Portugal as safe destinations.
Agree if FR start the bucket and spade routes for summer 17 EL might feel the pinch, but that's a year away

Waldo1
26th Feb 2016, 23:06
Im completely price sensitive, I go with the cheapest fare...I've been going to Malaga this last 5 years, every year, sometimes twice, sometimes booked the young lad and his girl, sometimes booked my missus with her girls...every single time are aer lingus has both been the cheapest fare, been the best service and gave the best customer service...oh yes bar one time, we did go with easy jet...listen ms McCoy...with our trusty carry on grip style bags with wheelie style handles...the woman in Malaga decides they are not acceptable and wants to charge...what a performance from her...writes all over our boarding cards...do not board these bags...makes fake phone calls to managers who will be supervising us boarding etc...what a cow!...and yes, I'd travelled for 10 years with these same bags...inc Ezy on the way out....I won, so did al...stuck with them after that

EI-A330-300
26th Feb 2016, 23:22
Yes FR may impact however EI have a good customer base and it will be Easyjet who feel it more than most. LS sort of do their own thing.

Una Due Tfc
26th Feb 2016, 23:58
AFAIK EI do not base any pilots in SNN. Airbus pilots are rotated through LHR from DUB and overnight in either London or Limerick depending. Boeing pilots are based in SNN but they work for ACL, not EI, although many are on secondment from EI, so SNN is an EI cabin crew base only.

NorthDub
1st Mar 2016, 09:36
Puzzled by EI web booking engine showing EI109 from May operated by 'Aer Lingus' (75B) on some days and 'Operated by A S L Airlines Irl For Aer Lingus' Boeing 757 on other days?
Understand service will be B757 provided by ASL after launch of LAX - is this correct?

EI-A330-300
1st Mar 2016, 13:28
Correct, most likely reason is IAD had the Tue/Thu/Sat flights added seperatly and just a aircraft change the others hence the differance.

NorthDub
1st Mar 2016, 16:34
EI-A330-300 thank you Presume IAD will revert to A330 end Sept when new delivery arrives & B757 goes on BDL?

Una Due Tfc
1st Mar 2016, 16:48
How many A350s are due next year? I know originally the first 4 were due last year (EI were to be the 3rd operator of the type).

I know some are A330 replacements (EG EI-LAX circa 1999) but I think they had 3 delivered in 07/08 and 2 brand new ones this year so I'm guessing A330s will remain for some time yet?

Also ref the 2 new 330s, are they the high MTOW version? Easily able to do SFO/LAX if they are.

EI-A330-300
1st Mar 2016, 17:05
3 per year starting 2018.

All A332 will be going over next few years as leases come to an end. Yes latest A333 can and have operated to LAX/SFO.

Just a spotter
2nd Mar 2016, 19:14
Is EI taking any of their slots as 330Neo's or are all new units going to be 350's?

Of the 350's is there a final count on which model and regional variants?

JAS

EI-A330-300
2nd Mar 2016, 19:35
Is EI taking any of their slots as 330Neo's or are all new units going to be 350's?

Of the 350's is there a final count on which model and regional variants?

JAS

Speculation IB may take most if not all of the 9 A350 on top of their order and EI be supplied with a fleet of new A333's.

I would really wait until something official is announced as there has been so much will EI get them or not since they ordered them anything is possible.

If I can remember it was 5 or 6 normal and 3 or 4 regional.

akerosid
2nd Mar 2016, 23:36
This would be a serious breach of trust on IAG's part. Aer Lingus considered the A330Neo and decided that it needed the A350s. For IAG to come in and reassign aircraft ordered by EI to another part of the group would seem like a retrograde step and inconsistent with IAG's commitment to grow DUB as a hub.

By the time the A350s are due for delivery, in 2018, EI will have been operating A330s for over 20 years; a capacity increase is needed if the airline is to build its hub effectively.

I think this question should be put to IAG and let them confirm or deny it. If it is confirmed, then perhaps the Irish govt should take legal action, on the basis that building the DUB hub was a key consideration in deciding to sell to IAG.

Dontgothere
3rd Mar 2016, 00:39
Building the DUB hub could still be achieved by using the A330 family, the way I see it is that down the line, while capacity per flight might not improve, but the opportunity to increase frequency by using slightly smaller craft might lead to an overall increase in capacity. Also if there is an opportunity to increase frequency, this might improve the attractiveness of the DUB hub and pull more UK passengers away from KLM's more frequent flights? Bearing in mind that any more frequency increases are probably a wee bit further down the line.

Just my two farthings, others may disagree (of course).

nguba
3rd Mar 2016, 08:01
A major area of attention on the part of IAG over the past couple of years has been to standardise deliveries of new aircraft across the group so aircraft can be easily moved between airlines to meet market & seasonal demand.

Just because a new aircraft is delivered to one IAG airline doesn't mean it rests with them in perpetuity.

I think IAG is far better placed than any Government to decide what new aircraft are best suited to Aer Lingus. Government interference didn't help with Iberia (which is now expanding again without any pressure from Government) and it won't help Aer Lingus.

As IAG gets bigger, I suspect we'll see a trend of BA, EI having some extra aircraft for the summer season and these aircraft being repainted and going elsewhere for the winter.

Skipness One Foxtrot
3rd Mar 2016, 08:03
The whole point of IAG is to maximise the profitability of IAG assets across the wider IAG group. Each IAG business has to have a good case to use those assets or a new home could be found. Like the A320NEOs for BA that will be going to Iberia unless BA get short haul profitability and efficiency back on target.

Is it a "breach of trust"? You'd be on firmer ground if it were "breach of contract" perhaps. Aren't TAP also taking new A330s instead of A350s, which is a step up in terms of range, capacity and performance that they won't be close to getting the most out of. Of course it may be sabre rattling to help EI management drive changes. It way also be untrue :)

akerosid
3rd Mar 2016, 10:33
I didn't want to speak of "breach of contract" as such; I don't know what was agreed between the Irish govt and IAG; I think the agreements there focused mostly on access to LHR rather than t/a routes. However, the fact of the matter is that on principal route like BOS, ORD and JFK, there would be no capacity increase if EI sticks with the 330-300 (or A330-900Neo) for another few years

I don't think there's much the Irish govt - since it's no longer a shareholder in EI - can do if IAG were to go down this route, other than express its displeasure, and I'd be surprised if it even went that far.

However, as a nuclear option, to "incentivise" a second look at this, it could also become more aggressive in touting fifth freedom routes from DUB to North American destinations, on the basis that if EI is not going to provide extra capacity, the govt will find someone who will. EK has sought fifth freedom routes from DUB to N/A in the past (but has been turned down). Maybe that would be the best response; the govt no longer has any duty towards EI and if EI does not provide the extra capacity, then the govt will have to look to alternative sources of extra capacity. EK on DUB-JFK might well "encourage" another look at EI's planned capacity growth ...

Skipness One Foxtrot
3rd Mar 2016, 12:50
Surely you're conflating capacity growth with profitability, too much capacity isn't what a highly seasonal operation like DUB-US needs, hence the B757s being introduced.
Also, I think it's fair to say that just because the Irish Gov has no direct stake in Aer Lingus, it's a long way from encouraging a Middle Eastern airline to aggresivley target an Irish based company, the de facto flag carrier for want of a better expression.
Wasn't there a fuss at the time when Airbus tweaked the A350 design to the XWB that this was a little too capable for what EI was after?

Shamrock350
3rd Mar 2016, 16:28
Wasn't there a fuss at the time when Airbus tweaked the A350 design to the XWB that this was a little too capable for what EI was after?
3rd Mar 2016 11:33
Nope because Aer Lingus never ordered the original A350, they've always been XWB customers. The A350XWB was redesigned and launched in early 2006, it wasn't until mid-2007 that Aer Lingus placed their order, originally for 6 frames.

It was sometime during the Aer Lingus turn around of 2009-2011 when Mueller stated the A350 was too much aircraft for them but even then he stated routes like JFK, BOS and ORD could easily absorb it. Sometime towards the end of his time as CEO Aer Lingus renegotiated the order again, this time choosing the 'Regional' version and even after reevaluating it against the newly launched A330neo, they still opted to stay with the A350.

So the only time Aer Lingus ever openly doubted the A350 was during their own crisis and restructuring.

EI-BUD
3rd Mar 2016, 17:42
Aer Lingus are steadily growing transatlantic capacity, with the addition of new aircraft this year and then again in 2018 with 350's, it also has significant work with ASL. In percentage terms the T/A business is growing strongly and is being developed with prudence.

IAG is a commercial enterprise, and I would guess that there is competition on a commercial basis for the capital investments that they make. IB are getting new units for their lucrative South American routes etc.

Willie Walsh has went on the record in relation to the possibilities of getting second hand aircraft which may come available, I realise this was more for short haul, but if such aircraft can be secured, the lead time may not be as long as say buying new from Airbus....or indeed Boeing.

Una Due Tfc
3rd Mar 2016, 18:34
An aircraft with near identical pax and cargo carrying capacity as the 777-200 but with 20% less fuel burn? I know who my money is on taking them.....

EI-A330-300
5th Mar 2016, 13:13
Surely you're conflating capacity growth with profitability, too much capacity isn't what a highly seasonal operation like DUB-US needs, hence the B757s being introduced.

Seasonal yes but the B752 are largely for SNN, yes there is one for YYZ but had they A332 they could deploy it as they had planned previously. IAD is the only real route with is B752 suitable year round and will likely happen in 2017 when another B752 is sourced in additional to more A333's,

Also, I think it's fair to say that just because the Irish Gov has no direct stake in Aer Lingus, it's a long way from encouraging a Middle Eastern airline to aggresivley target an Irish based company, the de facto flag carrier for want of a better expression.

Seasonal yes however year on year the seasonality is dropping with a lot of growth in Nov-Dec again this year building from 2015 and significant increase in Jan-Mar period in 2016, + around 30 weekly flights.

akerosid
6th Mar 2016, 17:16

There was an interesting article in today's SBP, about Vueling flying DUB-BCN and the way in which IAG encourages its subsidiary companies to compete against each other. It also went on to mention how each company competes for fleet additions, from the acft ordered centrally by IAG. If, as is rumoured, IAG is intent on reassigning EI's A359 order to EI, then two questions arise:
1) Was IB's plan for A359 utilisation better/more profitable/more aggressive than that provided by EI?
2) How is DUB - being a considerably smaller market expected to complete with Madrid?

IAG sees no problem in competition between its own carriers, why should it be surprised when a govt wants to spur growth in its own markets? It can hardly be surprised, given that the Irish govt has always wanted to encourage t/a growth ex-DUB. We can look at this from the perspective of encouraging a foreign carrier to compete with EI ex-DUB ... OR, we can look at it from the perspective of a government seeking to maximise growth and trade, which it should be doing.

It's a brave new world; I think the govt should be actively exploring avenues for growth and if IAG (no longer Irish owned) won't provide that growth, then maybe it is time for the govt to seek alternatives - not wholesale, but certainly in particular markets. What's sauce for the goose ...

EI-BUD
6th Mar 2016, 20:27
akerosid,

I read that article with some interest. It makes clear what I suggested on here a few days ago, each of the carriers within the IAG group must pitch its business plan and compete for investment for new aircraft....

Vueling has been quite bolshy of late, especially elbowing in on easyJet, e.g. Luton and other UK routes, and Rome etc. Vueling has a great name in Catalunya, in many ways gaining the place of Spanair as a local airline in the Barcelona. So Vueling can certainly hold its own in that market, I'd expect them to stick around. In the same way that Aer Lingus is so well known in Ireland, the exercise to have the sister airlines almost segment the market will be a worthwhile experiment...

nguba
7th Mar 2016, 12:32
It's certainly true that IAG plays its airlines off against each other as far as investment is concerned and I suspect Aer Lingus will be having some tough conversations with IAG about its financial targets.

However, IAG's airlines are heavily dependent on each other's distribution networks and those of their alliance partners.

Vueling is, and will be even further from the end of March, codesharing extensively with BA on many routes from BCN and on its routes from UK regional airports. I suspect it will be doing the same with Aer Lingus from DUB.

It has often been claimed that one of Iberia's best performing routes is LHR-JFK, a route which it of course doesn't operate. The instant success of recent BA transatlantic route launches to San Diego and Austin is in part due to support from American Airlines, a sharp contrast to its new routes to Asia which have taken much longer to gain traction.

Distribution through AA and BA's sales channels should give Aer Lingus transatlantic a big boost and it will be interesting to see how its presence at UK regional airports will develop under IAG.

akerosid
7th Mar 2016, 17:03
Can I just throw out a few more questions on the whole EI/IAG relationship, as there are a few points I'm unclear on:

- IAG is on record as having stated that it wants to build hub at DUB. How does this manifest itself? What exactly is it going to do to ensure this happens (or is it all down to EI)?

- If there is a competition for new acft between BA, IB and EI for new long haul aircraft, in what circumstances could EI possibly win this, given that LHR and MAD are bigger hubs.

- If EI's business plans are found lacking, then why is senior management still in place? If they produce growth plans which result in aircraft intended for them being reassigned to other operators, either (a) the other markets are much bigger and EI/DUB will always be the cinderella, or (b) EI's growth plans are not sufficiently ambitious. Which is it, and what will be done to address it?

- Does EI have the right/power to source acft not ordered directly by IAG, e.g. through a lessor, if it does not get the aircraft it needs from IAG?

Currock Base
7th Mar 2016, 18:37
Aeroskid - EI management will have to work within the parameters they are given by their owners IAG. IAG will control fleet purchase decisions, slots, capital investments and purchasing. They will leave the running of EI to the management within agreed business plans. There won't be the opportunity to source aircraft elsewhere avoiding IAG agreement.

It is worth remembering there are benefits to this. Take A350s for example. If for example growth didn't materialise quick enough, IAG could juggle delivery slots between the carriers in the group to better use them. I.E. create opportunities for internal deferral of deliveries etc. It works both ways can save empty seats and carrying the cost of premature deliveries for a carrier. Perhaps it could mean season movement of aircraft - EI on North Atlantic in the summer and IB on South Atlantic in the winter. Who knows.

You are right to see that this creates competition between carriers on costs and revenue. The group are also using it as a way to move management between carriers. e.g. CEO of Vuelling moving to BA, CEO of IAG Cargo becoming CFO of BA, IB CFO becoming CEO of Vuelling (may have the last one wrong).

I'm sure DUB will become an important hub. It can cover UK regions to USA cheaper than via LHR. Also it is a strategic hedge against UK runway decision or lack of it. Remember WW is a very smart guy regardless of whether people like him or not.

nguba
7th Mar 2016, 21:35
- IAG is on record as having stated that it wants to build hub at DUB. How does this manifest itself? What exactly is it going to do to ensure this happens (or is it all down to EI)?

- If there is a competition for new acft between BA, IB and EI for new long haul aircraft, in what circumstances could EI possibly win this, given that LHR and MAD are bigger hubs.

- If EI's business plans are found lacking, then why is senior management still in place? If they produce growth plans which result in aircraft intended for them being reassigned to other operators, either (a) the other markets are much bigger and EI/DUB will always be the cinderella, or (b) EI's growth plans are not sufficiently ambitious. Which is it, and what will be done to address it?

There's no doubt that IAG will want to grow EI and DUB, provided it can do so profitably.

IAG wanted to buy EI partly because of its strong brand recognition in the US and also because BA was losing transatlantic traffic from its frequent flyers in the regions to EI and DUB.

Joining Oneworld and the AA/BA/IB/AY transatlantic business, codesharing, leveraging BA's network and distribution in the UK, and adopting the Avios frequent flyer currency all will give EI a big fillip on the revenue side.

On top of that you have cost synergies and the application of IAG "know how" to areas like revenue management (which IAG completely overhauled at IB).

Remember, when comparing EI to both BA and IB, they have had the benefit of five years to gain revenue and cost synergies following the formation of IAG and IAG is still at an early stage in consolidating some back office functions like IT.

And for the record IAG's planned capacity growth in 2016 is 2.9% for BA, 6.2% for IB, 14.5% for VY and 9.4% for EI. So EI will have the 2nd highest growth rate for IAG in 2016.

EI-BUD
11th Mar 2016, 12:08
So last Sunday, 6th March EI-EPU left Gatwick for Ostrava for maintenance, ending service of the type with Aer Lingus. Gatwick Belfast City has been 320 since then and will be on the route until the end of the Winter season at the end of the month.

EIDEK and EICVB currently operating at BHD, though this may change as CVB took over from CVA on the LHR route last week...

EI-BUD

Papa2Charlie
15th Mar 2016, 07:17
CH-Aviation reporting that EI will be wet leasing an EMB-190 this summer.

Does anyone have additional info on this? I'm not a subscriber to CH-Aviation so can't read the full article.

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/44679-aer-lingus-to-wet-lease-a-british-emb-190-this-summer

EISNN
15th Mar 2016, 08:53
If that's the case what routes will it operate? Will it be under the main line operation or the regional brand? It's an aircraft that could prove to be just right on a good few of their UK regional routes.

nguba
15th Mar 2016, 10:12
I wonder whether it's for the whole season or just on Saturdays when LCY is closed and BACF does a lot of work at other airports?

cornishsimon
15th Mar 2016, 10:33
It would seem logical for cityflyer to operate for EI over a weekend and any other downtime if available. At least that way it's kept within IAG.

cs

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Mar 2016, 12:08
There is a 190 on the gorund from midday Sat to midday Sun so prehaps its operating at this time.

Jamie2k9
15th Mar 2016, 17:26
05.45-09.15-09.55-11.25 - PGF - SAT
12.10-15.45-16.25-18.00 - NCE - SAT
18.40-21.50-22.30-23.35 - BIO - SAT - eff 18 June
05.55-09.10-09.45-10.55 - SCQ - SUN

Would appear the Saturday LCY schedule will be reversed an operated by LCY and they no longer have the afternoon charter ex DUB

The lease runs 28 May to 4 September

BAladdy
15th Mar 2016, 18:16
Who did BACF operate charter flights from DUB for last year?.

LCY-DUB schedule still showing as 7am departure on Saturday and returning late morning

Jamie2k9
15th Mar 2016, 18:30
Who did BACF operate charter flights from DUB for last year?.

LCY-DUB schedule still showing as 7am departure on Saturday and returning late morning

Sunway

15.40-18.30-19.20-22.05 - MAH

The lease runs 28 May to 4 September

Papa2Charlie
15th Mar 2016, 20:02
BACF will be operating EI mainline flights in this case? Must be tight on A/C over the summer period?

EI-BUD
27th Mar 2016, 21:38
Anybody know why Aer Lingus flight between Gatwick and Knock stopped in Dublin en route tonight? Resulted in a very late arrival into Knock...?

EI-A330-300
27th Mar 2016, 21:50
Lighting Strike, just over 2h late and aircraft change.

EI-BUD
28th Mar 2016, 02:32
Thanks EI-A330-300

EI-A330-300
8th Apr 2016, 13:26
British Airways mulls Chinese airline alliance - MarketWatch (http://www.marketwatch.com/story/british-airways-mulls-chinese-airline-alliance-2016-04-07)
However, Mr. Walsh ruled out possible acquisitions for IAG in Asia or in Europe to boost connections between the two regions. "Our strategy within Asia is organic growth," he said, noting that the group may also look at expanding Aer Lingus into Asia amid growing trade activities for Ireland with China and Japan.

Mr. Walsh said British Airways currently has no plans to launch more destinations in China. Apart from twice daily services between Hong Kong and London's Heathrow Airport, British Airways also operates daily services from Heathrow to Beijing, as well as 10 weekly flights to Shanghai and up to five weekly services to Chengdu.

Another site reports first A350-941, RR engines has been given LN 197 on production line.

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Apr 2016, 14:27
Another site suggesting EI moving in to TC at BOS which is where JetBlue are based on 2 May.

Sign that the codeshare won't be touched?

Also lounge passengers in ORD given an upgrade from AF/KLM one to BA J class one

egom6
21st Apr 2016, 13:04
The terminal move in BOS is probably more to do with the airport authority wanting to free up space at the international terminal for a carrier that doesn't have CBP pre clearance.

Jamie2k9
24th Apr 2016, 18:46
Current increase in capacity ex DUB planned:

November, December = 38 additional weekly flights (x19 each way)
Newark - Daily
Hartford - 4 Weekly
Los Angeles - 4 Weekly
Chicago - 2 Daily (+4 weekly, 3 B752, 1 A33X)

January, February = 38 additional weekly flights (x19 each way)
Newark - 6 Weekly
Hartford - 4 Weekly
Los Angeles - 3 Weekly
Chicago - 10 Weekly (+3 weekly, 3 B752)
Boston - 10 weekly (+3 weekly)

Quiet impressive growth if it all plays out as things stand...

PPRuNeUser0176
27th Apr 2016, 18:28
Did the A320 due from Vueling arrive this month, surly they must need it withn next 2 or 2.5 weeks.

EI-A330-300
27th Apr 2016, 20:47
It's in Madrid but Vueling must go find a different one as Aer Lingus will not take the one offered apparently. They have the A319 due to Vueling as back up and will likely stay until they receive the A320 requested.

Just a spotter
28th Apr 2016, 12:23
It's in Madrid but Vueling must go find a different one as Aer Lingus will not take the one offered apparently

Any insight as to the reason for wanting a different aircraft?

JAS

BFS watcher
28th Apr 2016, 13:19
Strong rumours are continuing that EI will pull out of BHD by next summer at the latest leaving BA to do LHR on its own.

EI-A330-300
28th Apr 2016, 15:26
Strong rumours are continuing that EI will pull out of BHD by next summer at the latest leaving BA to do LHR on its own.

I hope they are not from the same reliable source. It could well happen but such a decision would unlikely o f been made at this time.

Any insight as to the reason for wanting a different aircraft?

JAS

No, but they are not happen with it.

Other news:

IAG is examining the feasibility of allocating a small fleet of Airbus A380s to its Spanish division Iberia and possibly an aircraft with its recently acquired Irish arm Aer Lingus.

Willie Walsh, IAG's chief executive, tells Flightglobal that the group, which also owns British Airways, is considering expanding its A380 fleet and that its structure would allow it to create sub-fleets at its other airlines.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/a380-could-work-for-iag-at-iberia-and-aer-lingus-w-424428/

aer lingus
29th Apr 2016, 14:13
The cabin on the aircraft offered was not accecptable to EI according to sources.:ooh:

Una Due Tfc
5th May 2016, 15:23
EI representative said at the launch of LAX yesterday that about a third of their TATL pax ex DUB originate at another airport, big change from the days when they used to have to lease out 2 of the 3 747s to BCAL and LAN Chile.

That pilot who brought the idea of EIR to Kavanagh and Mueller deserves one hell of a bonus.

ryan2000
5th May 2016, 18:40
EI representative said at the launch of LAX yesterday that about a third of their TATL pax ex DUB originate at another airport, big change from the days when they used to have to lease out 2 of the 3 747s to BCAL and LAN Chile.

That pilot who brought the idea of EIR to Kavanagh and Mueller deserves one hell of a bonus.

The person who suggested ending the Shannon stopover should also get an award as that prevented Aerlingus from developing a hub at Dublin for many decades.

AerRyan
5th May 2016, 19:49
Chances are the DUB hub would not have happened. Aer Lingus was a corrupt, government run airline based on parish pump politics. Aer Rianta was even worse.

It just happened Aer Lingus lost this corruption shortly after the end of the Shannon Stopover, so in essence it may have actually benefited the hub at DUB.

Anyway at this stage, its gone over 8 years and if you still have sour grips over it you really need another past time.

Una Due Tfc
5th May 2016, 19:52
The person who suggested ending the Shannon stopover should also get an award as that prevented Aerlingus from developing a hub at Dublin for many decades.

I remember there were days Delta used to land in SNN, backtrack and depart straight away just to fulfil the stopover requirement.

AerRyan
5th May 2016, 19:56
With the EI flight to Orlando they did touch and go's!

ia350
5th May 2016, 20:46
Looking at flight radar earlier today and noticed 5 EI planes bound for the states right after each other , great to see hopefully many more soon .

Any new a320s due soon ? the current one's are fairly old right ?

Just a spotter
6th May 2016, 08:07
According to The Irish Independent (6th May 2016),

Ryanair is likely to feed passengers to the Aer Lingus long-haul network as part of what would be an unprecedented formal agreement between the two former arch rivals, according to IAG chief executive Willie Walsh.Former arch rivals Aer Lingus and Ryanair set to reach deal - Walsh - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/former-arch-rivals-aer-lingus-and-ryanair-set-to-reach-deal-walsh-34689022.html)

Now, I may be putting two and two together and getting fifteen, but given that about 30% of EI T/A traffic is currently originating from airports other than DUB, isn't it likely that pushing feeds from more airports will boost that number, and if so, again given that the announcement is coming from Willie Walsh and not EI management, what are the odds of one or two of the pre-owned A380's Willie has his eyes set on for IAG ending up with a lick of green paint to provide for that increase?

JAS

Skipness One Echo
6th May 2016, 11:04
Now, I may be putting two and two together and getting fifteen, but given that about 30% of EI T/A traffic is currently originating from airports other than DUB, isn't it likely that pushing feeds from more airports will boost that number, and if so, again given that the announcement is coming from Willie Walsh and not EI management, what are the odds of one or two of the pre-owned A380's Willie has his eyes set on for IAG ending up with a lick of green paint to provide for that increase?
None whatsoever unless Airbus give them away for a song.

The A380 is only useful if it can be flown as near to full as possible all year round, that's why BA switch capacity between routes at LHR and still capped the fleet at 12. It has no useful cargo capacity and coupled with DUB being US focussed which is still quite seasonal, it's a spotters fantasy I think.
It's just too big, and by quite some margin for much of the year.

Sober Lark
6th May 2016, 15:15
Well they do have an attractive window of opportunity with US Preclearance at DUB?

Una Due Tfc
6th May 2016, 15:19
Not to mention DUB can't handle the aircraft until 2020

Sober Lark
6th May 2016, 15:30
Are you serious they have built a stand they can't use for 4 years?

Una Due Tfc
6th May 2016, 16:41
Are you serious they have built a stand they can't use for 4 years?

In theory it could land on RWY 10 as the taxiways are wide enough at the 28 end and at the right angles for it to use. The exits off 28 onto the bravos are too tight and would need to be filleted, which they don't plan on doing for potentially 1 service a day AFAIK.

So as things stand it can only use 10, which is a fat load of good at 240/35 gusting 50 for half the winter

Sober Lark
6th May 2016, 17:20
You have me in stitches.

EI-A330-300
6th May 2016, 23:19
Don't think they have added the air bridge to the gate yet and I would expect to see it before 2020.

EI have a great social media team, they like to creat lots of publicty from route launches!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPp3FVUtdTo

BFS watcher
19th May 2016, 06:55
Aer Lingus: Airline cutting 70 jobs at Belfast city airport - BBC News (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36313888)