PDA

View Full Version : Monarch -2

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

airhumberside
4th Jun 2011, 14:53
The new scheduled routes aren't in the timetable function yet either. Did you get the info on them from the booking engine?

sam1993
4th Jun 2011, 15:27
It is a new look but there was already a destination map before.

I know there was a route map before - that's why I stated that it had been re-designed to coincide with the launch of the new website! :ok:

MKY661
4th Jun 2011, 17:22
Yes and I heard some news about it as well.

MKY661
4th Jun 2011, 18:56
Hi. ZB516/517 (MAN - BCN - MAN) and ZB676/677 (MAN - ALC - MAN) were run by G-ZAPX from Titan Airways today. Anyone Know Why?

hapzim
5th Jun 2011, 08:41
Tech 320 nearest part in USA to repair (bit of pipe) so had to be shipped in.

MKY661
5th Jun 2011, 09:20
Oh so thats why G-OZBK wasn't flying.

He is flying today. doing MAN - GIB

compton3bravo
5th Jun 2011, 16:34
For anybody interested just returned from a week in the UK and a few points on the flights etc. Check-in at Gib was a dream for a change 2 minutes at most and no hassle about bags. Aircraft arrived on time and departed on time - about two thirds full, arrived at Luton 10 minutes early. Fortunately not many people at the UK Border post so strait through - a bit lucky there me thinks - other times being stuck for a quite a time.
Luton inundated with executive aircraft for the Champions League game.
On return check-in again 2 minutes with security not much more. Surprised to see the departure lounge packed on a Wednesday afternoon on 1 June although it was half term and there was a lot of children about. Again aircraft left on time and arrived 15 minutes early. The first Wednesday evening flight and it was full.
Overall could not grumble at either end but the new terminal at Gib will not be in commission this year I think and sorry to hear that Manchester will not be operating for the winter. The easy Liverpool service must have creamed off some traffic. Also I see that the Luton winter schedule is much reduced which to me is a bit of a surprise but they can quickly add flights if necessary. Hope of interest to some.

MKY661
5th Jun 2011, 17:15
Hi guys.

Today there has been a big problem with G-OZBO (I was not on this flight). It was operating flight ZB654 to Malaga from Manchester and there were no problems and it arrived at Gate C36 on time. However at Malaga, there was a problem. Don't know what it is wrong with it yet. It was then moved to Gate C40 (remote stand) and those poor passengers had to wait in Pier C for a long time. Plus there is passport control to get into Pier C so they were not allowed out. Finally it seems that the Monarch staff had had enough as G-OZBO is still having problems. So they have decided to use G-OZBT which had arrived from Birmingham, so G-OZBO is going to Birmingham tonight and it is going to be delayed for at least four hours.

Poor people. Anyone know what is wrong with G-OZBO? (probably a technical fault I Assume) :ok:

Also flight ZB660 from Manchester to Malaga this afternoon had to make an emergency landing in Luton. Anyone know why.

Hull City AFC
5th Jun 2011, 18:57
Today there has been a big problem with G-OZBO (I was not on this flight). It was operating flight ZB654 to Malaga from Manchester and there were no problems and it arrived at Gate C36 on time. However at Malaga, there was a problem. Don't know what it is wrong with it yet. It was then moved to Gate C40 (remote stand) and those poor passengers had to wait in Pier C for a long time. Plus there is passport control to get into Pier C so they were not allowed out. Finally it seems that the Monarch staff had had enough as G-OZBO is still having problems. So they have decided to use G-OZBT which had arrived from Birmingham, so G-OZBO is going to Birmingham tonight and it is going to be delayed for at least four hours.

Poor people. Anyone know what is wrong with G-OZBO? (probably a technical fault I Assume)

Also flight ZB660 from Manchester to Malaga this afternoon had to make an emergency landing in Luton. Anyone know why.

High Season, Maximum Aircraft Utilisation, Aircraft go Tech and have to be fixed.

In other words same as why many other flights, with many airlines, have delays!.

Welcome to the real world. It could get worse before it gets better!!

Topspotter
5th Jun 2011, 19:14
Shock/horror !!!!..aircraft has tech problem, whatever next?:ugh:

Mr @ Spotty M
5th Jun 2011, 20:27
Are you sure it was an emergency landing at LTN and not just a unscheduled stop?
My guess is that it stopped on way to AGP to pick up spares to rescue G-OZBO.
Quickest way to fix aircraft and get pax back to the UK, remember AGP is closed at night at the moment.

MKY661
5th Jun 2011, 21:46
well ZB660 is always MAN - AGP and there was no information of it stopping in LTN. I have even travelled on this flight

Hull City AFC
5th Jun 2011, 22:02
MKY661

I don't think you have quiet understood what Mr @ Spotty M has said. Obviously there would be no information re the stop in Luton. Why would they tell people other than the passengers travelling on the flight that they were going to Luton.

Try reading it again.

Mr @ Spotty M

I think you have hit the nail on the head - an unscheduled stop to collect parts for G-OZBO so it can be fixed and on it's way back to the UK ASAP.

Jamie2k9
5th Jun 2011, 22:34
so G-OZBO is going to Birmingham tonight and it is going to be delayed for at least four hours.

Currently it is estmated to arrive in BHX 14:00 tomorrow was due 20:40. (delayed 17 hours 20 minutes)

MKY661
5th Jun 2011, 23:07
G-OZBO will stay at AGP until 12:00 (6 June)

RoyHudd
5th Jun 2011, 23:12
Tech issues seem to abound at Monarch.

Hull City AFC
5th Jun 2011, 23:14
Actually,

Tomorrows ZB971 service from Malaga to Birmingham will depart at 12:00.

G-OZBO (todays ZB979 service) will depart at 12:15.

Please check your facts before posting.

tubby linton
5th Jun 2011, 23:42
I believe the aircraft is serviceable but is stuck in AGP due to the night closures.

Mallorcaguy
6th Jun 2011, 07:10
Anybody know why there is a delay with today's Corfu flight, I have just been looking at the flight info at MAN and MON 1828 due to depart 11.00 is only expected to depart at 16.30 now, is it more technical problems with an AB6?
Just curious.

Cazza_fly
6th Jun 2011, 08:01
Anybody know why there is a delay with today's Corfu flight, I have just been looking at the flight info at MAN and MON 1828 due to depart 11.00 is only expected to depart at 16.30 now, is it more technical problems with an AB6?
Just curious.

Oh dear lord!!!! This is not a delay thread!!! Sorry for being like this, but is this all we are going to see on here for the rest of the summer???? Delays happen unfortunately and at this time of year with fleet utilisation at the highest they are going to be more common with all airlines! :ugh:

Perhaps it could best to post such things in the Spectators (Spotters Corner) Thread

hapzim
6th Jun 2011, 08:47
Breaking news... passed 7 yes 7 different cars in different places on drive along motorway today, who had stopped with some sort of tech problem. few people delayed

If it's mechanical tech problems will occur.:{

Mallorcaguy
6th Jun 2011, 09:01
I give in, I will not bother with this forum again, may as well cancel my account here. A forum is for information not stupid wise cracks and as this is a Monarch issues surely this is the best thread to ask.

macdo
6th Jun 2011, 10:00
I agree with MallorcaGuy, the above posts are just rude and ignorant and speak volumes about the posters.
MG you might find a more sympathetic ear on the spotters threads.

Topspotter
6th Jun 2011, 10:15
Quite agree, the spotters forum is far the best place for this sort of drivel. BTW i noticed a monarch aircraft at LGW this morning with its engine cowls open and engineers appeared to be working on it, could this be a serious issue?

Cazza_fly
6th Jun 2011, 11:39
I agree with MallorcaGuy, the above posts are just rude and ignorant and speak volumes about the posters.
MG you might find a more sympathetic ear on the spotters threads.

My post clearly said it would be better for such things to be posted in the spotters thread, there's nothing rude about it!

Skipness One Echo
6th Jun 2011, 11:40
is it more technical problems with an AB6?

This does belong on here so leave him alone. I think it's pretty clear that in the sepcific case of Monarch with their A300-600s still being worked pretty hard at 21 years old, they are going to be less reliable than say a brand new EZY A320. That is an issue that is fair comment on this board as it deals directly with the strategy that the company has been undertaking. Truth is, if you want to get their on time, then a MON A300 probably isn't your best bet this season.

The chap asked a civil question and does not deserve to be treated like that. Give pprune a chance, we're not all smart alecs, really.
Also, whether intentional or not "topspotter" (ironic I hope?) you managed to imply that "Spectators Balcony" was the home for drivel. It most certainly isn't. Incidentally none of the people giving you a hard time seem to be pilots!

righthandrule
6th Jun 2011, 12:20
I'm surprised that no one has really touched on this, the press release back on Page 86 suggests that the Monarch Group have returned back to profitability by cutting staff and selling assets.

Is this not highly concerning, that a leisure travel organisation cannot make profit (and by the look of it, make a substantial loss) from it's core activities of selling flights and holidays! How will next year pan out, as assets cannot be sold year after year, and staff cannot be cut and cut without serious implications. I'm not a business analyst, but if the airline I was working for, was carrying out business practices away from it's core activities just to generate profit to survive, i'd be sending my CV out!

Topspotter
6th Jun 2011, 13:04
I would not worry to much RHR, MON have been in the game longer than most and survived when many have not , so i suspect they know what their doing.

tubby linton
6th Jun 2011, 13:34
Skipness I believe that your statement regarding the serviceability of the AB6 is incorrect..I have not been late for a tech related issue since last summer.

Mr @ Spotty M
6th Jun 2011, 16:02
An a/c age may add a little to an increase in technical delays, but any mechanical item will break down on and off.
Funny when left work tonight, H127 at Luton had an easyjet A319 being worked on, as it was Tech. :ok:
As previously posted on the extra stop yesterday on the MAN-AGP, it did indeed pick up some additional spares, plus an engineer and a replacement crew. This in an attempt to get the sick aircraft out of AGP before the night closure, alas a/c became serviceable after the airport closed.

red 5
7th Jun 2011, 05:21
The easy A319 in Monarch's hangar had multiple lightning strikes.

Direct VTB
7th Jun 2011, 15:50
And so it begins.... Hopefully more routes to come!! :ok::ok:

Monarch 2012 summer schedule introduces Egypt
Monarch Airlines has boosted its scheduled flight offering for next year with new services to Turkey and the introduction of summer flights to Egypt.

The airline's summer 2012 schedule will operate two flights a week from Gatwick to Antalya, up to 11 flights a week from Gatwick to Dalaman, three flights a week from Gatwick to Sharm el Sheikh, up to seven flights a week from Manchester to Dalaman and two flights a week from Manchester to Sharm el Sheikh.

Monarch managing director Kevin George said: "The addition of new scheduled services to Turkey and Egypt supports Monarch’s shift to focusing on scheduled flying and enables more customers to take advantage of our innovative ‘build your own class’ service, which gives them the ability to tailor their flight package to their exact requirements, providing a greater sense of freedom and personalisation.

"As well as benefiting from a fantastic value fare, customers can also select from a range of optional extras such as extra legroom seating and pre-ordered meals, all of which are perfectly suited for longer flight durations such as Turkey and Egypt”.

The flights are bookable until October 2012.

Mr @ Spotty M
7th Jun 2011, 20:51
Yes l knew that, but it is still classed as tech.
Which was my point, any aircraft of any age can and will go tech.
As for the CFU yesterday, A300 was used to operate an earlier A321 flight, due to the tech a/c in AGP.
One of the A300 was indeed being worked on at LGW, one of which was planned to be available to engineering on Monday, so the CFU was operated when the A300 returned from the earlier flight.

Direct VTB
10th Jun 2011, 09:03
Monarch to become first to offer wireless internet at 35,000 feet | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-2001822/Monarch-to-offer-wireless-internet-35-000-feet.html)

Cazza_fly
10th Jun 2011, 09:26
Just my two pennies worth, and trying not to be too negative about it, but I really think this is going to be a waste of investment and time for the Monarch fleet and the money could be put to better use elsewhere!

The routes Monarch serve are predominantly leisure orientated ones, where the passengers will have already bought all aspects of the holiday before they probably booked the flight in some cases so despite what is says on the article it won't be very useful for such things! I still then can't see much more use for the service onboard Monarch flights other than for the novelty of it, which I suspect will be the biggest uptake in the use of it. There are very few if any business pax travelling on these flights which it would best suit on a day to day basis! Many leisure pax are also price contious and this will be seen as just another frill or expense.

:confused:

partyboy_uk
10th Jun 2011, 10:49
Many leisure pax are also price contious and this will be seen as just another frill or expense.

I think this is partly the purpose of the whole re-branding though. Monarch wants to be the airline of frills, which people can choose to pay for if they wish. I agree with your assessment of travel extras. However, I do feel that wi-fi will be a great revenue earner.

The number of people these days that bring their own portable devices onto the aircraft is great. Many of these devices, including mobile phones, tablets, console players and laptops have the ability to connect to the internet using wireless technology. I don't know the extent to which this technology has advanced but there is great potential here.

Apart from Monarch being able to offer customers the opportunity to view its own services and products on a free-to-browse basis, there could be the ability for people to check their e-mails, browse the internet and effectively build their own in-flight entertainment if they wish to do so.

With many of Monarch's routes now falling in the 3-5 hour category, people want more to do on their flight than just read the in-flight magazine. Apart from the possibilities of in-flight entertainment, let's not forget that we are talking about one of the most captive audiences there is and so the opportunity for advertisers is also great.

Something that was not mentioned in the article was that Monarch is also looking at introducing handheld devices such as I-pads on long haul routes. One would assume this would be on a rental basis. Here, there also lies the potential for additional revenue without Monarch having to update its fleet with costly seat back entertainment systems which is something where it falls behind on compared to other long haul operators.

Of course, for those people who choose not to use the service then they can keep the cost of their travel experience as low as the price of their ticket. Monarch is however very much a leisure airline and when people go on their holidays, they often spend money on things they wouldn't do ordinarily. You only have to see how busy the pub can get in T1 Manchester airport before 9am of a weekend to know what I mean.

In my opinion, this is a smart move by an airline that is wise to take a step forward in its offering of in-flight entertainment.

EGCC7955
10th Jun 2011, 12:01
Just going onto another subject for a brief moment...
This is more curiosity than anything, I notice the ZB638 (AB6) leaves MAN for PMI at 07:05 on a Satdy & the ZB639 from PMI doesn't return until 20:45...
I'm assuming the aircraft peforms a W pattern somewhere, anybody know where & does it have a crew change anywhere as that seems a hellishly long day for one crew...

partyboy_uk
10th Jun 2011, 12:25
Yes, this flight is a W pattern and does the following rotation:

MAN/PMI/LTN ZB548/871
LTN/PMI/MAN ZB870/639

There is a separate crew for each of the above. The cabin crew on both are from Manchester whilst flight deck crew can vary though are generally MAN based.

SCANDIC
10th Jun 2011, 13:01
When do you think that Monarch would get the 737's thats if they do order them and how long do you think the 757's will go on for.

EGCC7955
10th Jun 2011, 13:06
Thanks for the info Partyboy, I thought it was something like that...
I'm assuming the 2nd crew travel by road transport from MAN to LTN to perform the 2nd half & the 1st crew travel back from LTN by the same means then?
Bit've a b***er if there's an hold up on the motorway I guess... thanks again

partyboy_uk
10th Jun 2011, 13:43
Scandic, I wouldn't want to speculate on fleet, but you shouldn't have to wait too long to find out. Internally, employees were recently told a decision would be made by the end of June although in the travel press I noticed it said that an announcement on fleet changes would be made by August. Employees would be lucky to find out details of confirmed changes a day or so before they are announced publicly and often find out the same time, so I'm not sure which will be true.

Yesterday it was announced that Monarch is committed to the 787's but the earliest date they can expect them at the moment is 2014. All that is known with respect to the 737's is that they have been considered. Nothing more. It is worth noting that Monarch is also looking for fleet commonality in the long term so who knows what may happen. All we know so far is that the 757's Monarch has at present are in management's sights to leave the fleet as they aren't so economical when compared to other aircraft they currently have.

I'm assuming the 2nd crew travel by road transport from MAN to LTN to perform the 2nd half & the 1st crew travel back from LTN by the same means then?
Bit've a b***er if there's an hold up on the motorway I guess...

EGCC7955, yes the crews travel by road as you mention, but I must say that I cannot remember when one of these flights has been delayed due to this reason. Crew travel between bases all the time and it is very rare for a flight to be delayed because of hold ups on the road. Crew transport drivers are also very good in keeping up to date with the latest road and traffic incidents so as to avoid delays. Any such problems could be very costly for an airline.

EGCC7955
10th Jun 2011, 15:18
Yes I would imagine the £'s signs would start stacking up if crews were sat in a 6 miles tailback on the M1
Thanks again Partyboy for all the info, now I understand it all

MKY661
10th Jun 2011, 15:26
Anyone know any A320 swaps which are due to happen. Here is where each aircraft is currently at:

A320:
G-OZBB - LTN
G-OZBK - MAN
G-MRJK - LTN
G-MPCD - LTN
G-MONX - DUB (LGW when not in DUB)

Im just wondering because I am going to GIB in July and I have been on all A320's except G-MONX and whe I go it is usually G-MRJK outbound and G-OZBB inbound. I keep checking on data.flight24.com/airplanes but they tend to not move about and G-MONX always stays in LGW, plus the last couple of times I went G-MRJK was in MAN for two months and then it went to LGW the following day.

Can anyone help? I know you are all brilliant at this stuff.

Mr @ Spotty M
10th Jun 2011, 15:35
Send me a PM with your flight details and l might be able to give you an idea, this by looking at what is due on hangar checks around your travel dates.
Other than that you have no chance, this early on.

allosaurus
10th Jun 2011, 18:15
Latest scuttlebutt is that Monarch Airlines are fed up with the high level of un servicabilty on its V2500 engs.That could send it down the route of 737 NG,getting rid of all v2500 powered a/c,keeping the CFM powered 320,s

MKY661
10th Jun 2011, 18:30
I hope they keep the A321's

GIRESP
11th Jun 2011, 13:29

sam1993
11th Jun 2011, 13:54
I wouldn't necessarily say this flight has "appalling punctuality" - The average delay for this flight is only 19 minutes!!

Whiskey Zulu
11th Jun 2011, 20:21
That's appalling! :rolleyes:

Jamie2k9
11th Jun 2011, 20:50
A lot of the time it is not the airline's fault when it comes to PMI, Ground handing for aircraft is a very slow process and then airlines miss there slots and they have to wait until there is one available.

Over the last few weeks it has taken up to 3 hours to turn around an A320 which should be done within an hour. Not monarch a different airline.

Ryanair have turn around times as long as 65 minutes for there aircraft.

MKY661
11th Jun 2011, 22:22
Gibraltar's like that. Although flights arrive on time they leave late because of the ground staff. It takes them ages to bring a bus back from a plane.

compton3bravo
12th Jun 2011, 07:35
Don't know which Gibraltar MYK661 you have flown from but never had any problems there with flights more or less on time with easyJet, Monarch and BA over the last few years. Only had one problem so far when an easy aircraft went tech and we were bussed to Malaga but unfortunately these things happen occasionally. Often it is only 200-300 metres to the aircraft from the departure lounge - even closer when? the new terminal is finished.

OltonPete
12th Jun 2011, 22:17
Monarch to add planes as it switches to a budget airline : Luton Airport News Stories (http://www.uk-airport-news.info/luton-airport-news-120611.html)

How accurate is this information?

I don't remember seeing anything mentioned about expansion of the fleet.

partyboy_uk
13th Jun 2011, 00:26
Interesting find. I don't remember anything about fleet expansion being mentioned but it certainly adds up when you consider that the current fleet is under discussion and Monarch is looking at operating from other bases. In the meantime, Monarch is also in discussions to start uo new routes to France and Italy by Summer 2012 whilst adding flights to Spain and Portugal.

The story is taken from the article in the Independent, "Monarch to expand fleet" (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/monarch-to-expand-fleet-2296350.html) and I reckon it is true :ok:

easyJet Jack
13th Jun 2011, 18:11
Hi guys,

I know that Monarch Engineering are sort-after and do a great job on the Monarch fleet, so I'm guessing they're just facing a huge period of bad luck at the moment re the state of their A/C.

I know people have been complaining about Monarch's extensive delays this year, especially out of MAN.

I just traveled to Alicante and back yesterday to see friends and ZB682 in the morning due at 7.15 left at 9.48 due to a flight computer failure and a faulty smoke detector in the rear hold.

Furthermore the evening flight ZB676 to ALC was delayed nearly 2 hours as the refuelling point on the aircraft had a faulty seal and had to be totally replaced before it could fly.

I'm not moaning, I love a good delay, more time to mooch around the airport however I'm just wondering if engineering are slacking or if their A/C are all due checks soon?

Cheers
eJJ ;)

P.S I know that A/C are pushed to their max during summer periods but 4 sectors a day to Spain and back isn't too taxing, surely.

easyJet Jack
13th Jun 2011, 18:51
Ohhh also, is anyone able to tell me which A/C are based at MAN this summer, or even better, where all the A/C are based for the summer program?

Thanks

Airbus321-200
13th Jun 2011, 18:53
Airlines have tech delays. I've just been looking at a 17hr delay Thomson Airways. Monarch have the best engineers in the world in my opinion but sometimes airlines have tech delays and if it is a busy period they often cannot swap aircraft especially when crew hours come into the mix etc.

Some other delays from LGW today:

EZS 8481 Geneva delayed 2hrs 35mins
TCX1523 Dalaman delayed 3hrs 25mins

It's the nature of the business. If the early departure is hit with a delay in the summer it normally means it knocks onto other departures of the day. No airline wants a delay. Delays = £££

allosaurus
13th Jun 2011, 18:55
Slacking? SLACKING!!!! We work damn hard keeping our aircraft safe and fit to fly.Computers fail,seals fail,we don,t know when but we fix them pdq.i find you,re comments hurtful and ill informed and i think most of the aircraft engineering community will think the same.

harer92
13th Jun 2011, 19:13
Hi I was just wondering why MON1828 from Manchester to Corfu was delayed by 8 hours today, also what aircraft operated this route?

Thanks,
Harer92

easyJet Jack
13th Jun 2011, 19:19
I know that Monarch Engineering are sort-after and do a great job on the Monarch fleet, so I'm guessing they're just facing a huge period of bad luck at the moment re the state of their A/C.

I complimented MAEL as I know they have kept some of Monarch's oldest and finest in ship shape form.

I'm just wondering if engineering are slacking or if their A/C are all due checks soon?

You say my comments were "ill informed", may I kindly point out, allosaurus, that I asked a question thus implying I am not informed at all. Hence why I was asking the question.

You may also realize that I dismissed this question also and asked if the A/C were merely due checks soon and therefore have been run down a little due to high season demands.

All in all, I think you are been a tad over sensitive, allosaurus, by my mere question I seem to have offended you and for that I apologize.

However I was not making an "ill informed" assumption, I was, as I have said, asking a question, and as a loyal, paying Monarch customer, I am more that entitled to do so.

easyJet Jack
13th Jun 2011, 19:21
what aircraft operated this route?

It was G-MAJS, A300B4-605R. Don't know reason for delay though, sorry.

Jamie2k9
13th Jun 2011, 20:12
I'm sure MON do a great job maintaining there aircraft but the age of the aircraft is not on there side a little like Jet2, tec faults are going to happon like with all airlines but slightly more often with MON and LS.

Mr @ Spotty M
13th Jun 2011, 20:34
Delay on the MAN-CFU-MAN was due to the aircraft being used earlier in the day to operate a LGW-DLM-LGW due to A330 stuck in PFO tech.
The first available A300 that came available after the first rotations was despatched to MAN to operate the CFU.
No spare A330 or A300 in the programme today.

MKY661
13th Jun 2011, 23:27
Planes at MAN this summer:

(Note, this is how many aircraft are going to be this summer. Registrations are the aircraft based at MAN at the moment and could change)

A300 X2 (1 between SAT afternoon and MON night)
Current - G-OJMR, G-MAJS

A320 X1
Current - G-MPCD

A321 X6
Current - G-MARA, G-OZBE, G-OZBH, G-OZBI, G-OZBO, G-OZBP

A330 X1
Current - G-SMAN

B757 X1
Current - G-MONK

Jamie2k9
13th Jun 2011, 23:39
A321 X6
Current - G-MARA, G-OZBE, G-OZBH, G-OZBI, G-OZBO, G-OZBP

One in DUB 3 days a week.

take-off
14th Jun 2011, 00:26
As for delays LS had two flights going out of Man delayed by 6 hours or more, as said it happens to everyone, an item can fail on a new plane as well as an old one, much like cars computers and most other things these days. Not sure i like being delayed going out, not so bad coming back to an extent, although had a 5 hour delay couple of years ago in TFS, was getting unbearable due to heat but thay's not airlines fault and a whole different story.:E

Airbus321-200
14th Jun 2011, 00:37
The DUB 321 comes from LGW. As does the 320 currently.

SWBKCB
14th Jun 2011, 05:54
Flight article from yesterday

Monarch looking to 2014 for first Boeing 787-8 (http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2011/06/13/357901/monarch-looking-to-2014-for-first-boeing-787-8.html)

The Luton-based carrier wants the aircraft to replace its four Airbus A300-600s. It has six Boeing 787-8s on order, although it cancelled options on a further four some time ago. In 2008 the A300-600s were described by then managing director Tim Jeans as "not as reliable as we would like". They will now soldier on until the 787s arrive, said the spokeswoman.

Topspotter
14th Jun 2011, 18:09
Easyjet jack, Monarch engineers looked after our A330,s for some years and they never failed to impress us with their can do attitude and highly professional approach, i would say there are among the industries best so what ever problems Monarch may be having, if any, i doubt very much if its due to those guys ""slacking off".

Its a pity you could not spend a few shifts working alongside the line engineeers it just might make you appreciate just how demading a task it is keeping a mixed fleet of in some case pretty ancient aircraft servicable

partyboy_uk
14th Jun 2011, 19:07
Since we're talking about all the hard work Monarch Engineering do at the moment, I thought some of you might like to take a look at the following clip of them in action in a brief clip below on an EZY. Enjoy :)

ABAQEPzE3vY

Topspotter
14th Jun 2011, 19:50
Cheers for that, did not know MAEL looked after easys a/c.

on time all the time
14th Jun 2011, 21:00
.....and FED EX A300-600S.....

Fuel Crossfeed
15th Jun 2011, 10:59
... and DHLs 757/767s

Watch the supersize grime link to see what the excellent MON Engineers also have to get upto!!

Episode 5 | Supersize Grime | Channel 5 (http://www.channel5.com/shows/supersize-grime/episodes/episode-5-268)

partyboy_uk
15th Jun 2011, 11:03
According to the Travel Weekly (http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2011/06/15/37374/fabio+mantegazza+on+changes+at+cosmos+and+monarch.html), "the [Monarch] group is to start co-operating through Monarch Scheduled with Spanish airline Air Europa, part of the Spanish travel giant Globalia"

"Mantegazza revealed the two airlines are to open some new routes together between Madrid and the UK, codesharing and selling in both markets."

This is alongside news that Cosmos will soon start selling other operators products online. Now I didn't see that one coming, but a good move I think. Too many people wonder off to other websites because Cosmos just doesn't have what they want.

What's more, it looks like Mantegazza is stepping forward.

Sunnyjohn
16th Jun 2011, 21:16
They fly to Barcelona and Alicante. Any chance of Valencia going on their map for the winter schedules?

easyJet Jack
18th Jun 2011, 17:27
I complimented the work of MAEL.

And do appreciate how hard they work. I never stated otherwise.

But unfortunately, Monarch have a slight reputation for their delays out of Manchester at the moment and therefore asked an innocent question as to why.

So kindly, back off, obviously it's due to a spell of bad luck then?

Airbus321-200
19th Jun 2011, 03:27
Easyjet Jack -

The reason people didn't take too kindly to your comments has several layers to it.

The first being your screen name - you obviously work for or have a huge liking for our competition.

The second is the questions you asked. They could and have come across as having a dig at ZB. And when you mention delays and engineering etc it can get peoples backs up.

If ZB staff or fans went onto the EZY forum and said that EZY have a reputation for bad pilots it would pee a few people off over there too.

It's not a run of bad luck i dont think. It's just the airline industry. The summer season will always see more delays.

Don't take anything said on here to heart.

Topspotter
19th Jun 2011, 11:12
Easyjet Jack ...innocent question?...my arse, you got exactly the sort of response you deserved.

easyJet Jack
19th Jun 2011, 12:34
Topspotter, ha, okay, whatever.

Airbus321-200, thank you for your mature and informative response. I understand exactly where you're coming from.

It seems that in the future however, I can't mention anything that may not be positive about Monarch. Shame that.

Also, for the last and final time, I WASN'T having a dig at Monarch, I love Monarch, great company. For the record, I have never "bigged up" Easy over Monarch, ever.

So please, next time, can we have an adult discussion about things; Airbus321-200's response a prime example. Everyone else needs to stop being so sensitive!

MKY661
19th Jun 2011, 13:59
I have heard rumous that Monarch are starting Bologna and Madrid from MAN. Not sure if it is true yet.

BHD2BFS
19th Jun 2011, 14:50
any monarch followers or employees know what the chances are of monarch starting opperations from belfast next year as they change the monarch model

SCANDIC
19th Jun 2011, 16:05
Is it definate that we'll hear more news of monarch's plans for aircraft snd stuff at the end of June.:)

Airbus321-200
19th Jun 2011, 16:18
The MAD route from MAN sounds like it could fit if the Air Europa deal works out. And monarch have said they are looking at Italy for new destinations so those rumours could have some weight behind them.

As for a base in belfast. Not a chance in my eyes. I think it would be great if they did but looking at the business i don't see any new bases except for charter bases and the possiblity for UK mainland regional bases. It was mentioned a few months back about NCL and 2 others i cannot remember.

delta154
19th Jun 2011, 17:47
Its also been suggested that Bordeaux will be launched from MAN too.

I suppose there could be some truth in it, as seen as Monarch have said they will open routes from MAN to France and Italy, and the fact that MAN have said that all the routes bmibaby will be leaving in 2012 will continue to be served.

Monarch also said increased Spain/Portugal destinations will be opened, so MAD with the AEU co-operation, and maybe OPO as seen as ZB operate FAO, and with TAP being quite cheap, MAN-LIS is pretty much covered.

thebeehive
19th Jun 2011, 21:29
I ,love the way someone with easyjet in their name is questiong about other airline delays.

People in glass houses?

MON have a mixed fleet and some not that modern

EZY have a common fleet and all modern, your/their excuse?

easyJet Jack
20th Jun 2011, 10:28
It's getting old now, let's move on.

Topspotter
20th Jun 2011, 10:48
Best thing is i suppose in hindsight is to not feed the troll by reacting.

Bit hard however when a respected hard working and very professional section of the aviation community are disrespected by some ignoramus who clearly has no inkling of the realities of life at the sharp end of aviation

Without the sterling efforts of the engineers my job would a damn sight harder thats for sure

clareview
20th Jun 2011, 16:52
I suspect Jet2, Air Lingus and Easyjet at BFS (with the odd Aer Europa and Onur etc and FR at LDY) plus Baby at BHD have the NI market pretty much tied up and would make it very difficult for anyone else to make sufficient impact to make money opeing from Belfast

Benod
21st Jun 2011, 23:53
Do you know if there will be any more routes from gatwick next year? Eg in france and italy or more in spain?

MKY661
22nd Jun 2011, 21:41
I have heard rumours that Monarch are moving to T2 at Manchester

allosaurus
23rd Jun 2011, 10:37
More than a rumour.This winter apparently.

MKY661
23rd Jun 2011, 15:34
Whoa. I did not expect this. I thought T1 was going to be mainly for Scheduled flights T2 was going to be mainly for Charter flights so Im not sure why they are apparently moving. I have also heard that EZY are moving to T1. I would like Monarch to stay in T1 as I have mostly used it and also Monarch have been there for years.

allosaurus
23rd Jun 2011, 16:39
All down to Man Airport.They spent a lot of money improving T1 shopping area and no one is buying.Shopkeepers complaining of high rents and low sales.Airport wants big airlines that now use T2 to move to T1 so their high spending pax will use the expensive shops.Monarch have cut a deal with airport as well.Dont know the details but has to do with lower fees due extra taxi time from stands to R/way

Skipness One Echo
23rd Jun 2011, 17:28
Airport wants big airlines that now use T2 to move to T1

Monarch have a fair number of based aircraft at MAN on multiple rotations per day, not something anyone over at T2 currently has, I don't see the logic.
T2 stands mainly empty for periods each day as well.

sharpclassic
23rd Jun 2011, 17:38
"Please present your boarding card/flight number when making purchases"

It's data collection on behalf of the airport.

It's not about the number of aircraft your airline has based there, it's about how much your passengers spend the shops of Manchester International Shopping Centre.

If your passengers aren't spending, they will get in another airline whose passengers are.

Skipness One Echo
23rd Jun 2011, 17:52
"Please present your boarding card/flight number when making purchases"
You have data that Monarch passengers are somewho less flash with the cash than say the famous budget loco, easyJet?

easyflyer83
23rd Jun 2011, 18:16
Oh dear......I've gone through this time and time again on various boards. From experience, the amount pax spend in the airport is often nothing to do with the airline and more to do with the destination. Easyjet operates probably the most varied network of any airline out of MAN. City routes, predominantly VFR/migrant routes, ski routes, expat sun/villa routes, and routes that are actually damn right charter in nature. Just by seeing who comes onboard with what purchases and the amount spent onboard usually tells me who spends and who don't. And the big spenders are quite often the ones who everyone here tends to dismiss.

The96er
23rd Jun 2011, 19:19
Monarch have a fair number of based aircraft at MAN on multiple rotations per day, not something anyone over at T2 currently has, I don't see the logic.
T2 stands mainly empty for periods each day as well.

Unlike TOM and TCX who tend to stagger their departures through out the day, MON tend to dispatch their flights at roughly the same time - first wave between 7-8am-ish and and second wave at 2-3pm-ish ( a headache for Swissport manpower planning ! ) and during those times, T2 can be quite busy.

Flightrider
23rd Jun 2011, 19:24
Monarch definitely moving T1>T2 from 8 November.
easyJet moving T3>T1 from 9 November.

Topspotter
25th Jun 2011, 11:44
The monarch line engineers have moved already, their offices are now in T2, called in there the other day when i was over at MAN

allosaurus
25th Jun 2011, 13:56
Topspotter.
engineers have been on T2 for almost 18 years.You gave the impression from your post that they had only recently moved.

Topspotter
25th Jun 2011, 14:13
I do apologis for that error, i assumed clearly incorrectly that they were based until recently over at T1

MKY661
25th Jun 2011, 15:05
Its going to feel weird about Monarch in T2. Anyone know how many years they have been in T1 for?

allosaurus
25th Jun 2011, 15:44
About 30 yrs.When there was only one terminal at MAN

MKY661
25th Jun 2011, 16:30
Well it is going to be very strange not seeing them there anymore. Everytime I use MAN i have always seen on on Pier C

MKY661
29th Jun 2011, 09:21
anyone know when monarch are getting the new livery. and if so, which aircraft will be painted in it first?

Cazza_fly
29th Jun 2011, 11:22
anyone know when monarch are getting the new livery. and if so, which aircraft will be painted in it first?

Is it not more of a revision of the current livery rather than a new one? Billboard titles and a solid colour ''spotted M'' on the tail rather than the yellow diamond as now?

I guess we'll see soon enough then anyway :ok:

partyboy_uk
29th Jun 2011, 11:35
MKY661,

BT has been working mostly out of LTN and BHX recently, although it has done a couple of flights out of MAN.

Aircraft are being painted as they are brought in for scheduled maintenance. There isn't too much to expect of the new paint job really. They just wanted to make the aircraft more of a billboard for the company.

http://www.pprune.org/[IMG]http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac356/partyboy_uk/newlivery.jpghttp://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac356/partyboy_uk/newlivery.jpg
http://www.pprune.org/%3Ca%20href=%22http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac356/partyboy_uk/?action=view&current=newlivery.jpg%22%20target=%22_blank%22% 3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac356/partyboy_uk/newlivery.jpg%22%20border=%220%22%20alt=%22Photobucket%22%3E %3C/a%3E

Benod
29th Jun 2011, 17:01
How Many A/C will be in the New livery by August 2011? and By august 2012?

Will they have All A/C painted in the New livery by next year?

partyboy_uk
29th Jun 2011, 17:03
Monarch's first flight between Aalborg and Fort Myers has taken place with a cannon salute for the inaugural service on the A330. Danish tour operator Comefly is reported to be testing the waters with the service for the next four weeks, but according to the following article "CEO Steen Normann said he's working on an agreement with Monarch Airlines to provide service between Fort Myers and Denmark from Dec. 19 through Easter 2012."

First nonstop from Denmark flies into Lee airport (http://www.news-press.com/article/20110628/BUSINESS/106290343/First-nonstop-from-Denmark-flies-into-Lee-airport?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CHome%7Cp) - news-press.com 29/06/11

Mr @ Spotty M
29th Jun 2011, 18:59
The first a/c is at LTN and has had the decals fitted (G-OZBT).
May not be the final fit, as l have heard that the bosses might want the main name and Spotty M on the fuse bigger.
My opinion is it does not look right, should have left alone.
Aircraft l think is due in service tomorrow.

MKY661
29th Jun 2011, 19:06
Got any pictures?

ExpectmorePayless
30th Jun 2011, 00:21
Should have extended yellow up the tail as a background for Spotty M
and just left a larger Monarch.co.uk on the fuselage.
The 2 Spotty M's on the tail and fuselage just doesn't look right.

And the pink, blue and yellow PR material looks cheap and nasty :}.
Looks like a 5 year old has entered a Blue Peter drawing competition :ugh:
and come last :{

Topspotter
30th Jun 2011, 17:58
Have to agree, and by all acounts thats the feeling of many at monarch, this whole "rebranding" has been a real pigs ear.

NorthernCounties
30th Jun 2011, 20:00
The fuselage spotty M is does look ridiculous. Either either have it as the M on Monarch or don't have it. The symbol isn't needed twice though. It's like Ryanair have more than one harp per side of aircraft!

easyflyer83
30th Jun 2011, 23:19
It's like Ryanair have more than one harp per side of aircraft!

Ryanair looks good though.

MKY661
30th Jun 2011, 23:21
Wonder if any more are getting painted in the next couple of weeks?

Mr @ Spotty M
1st Jul 2011, 04:27
Possibly not at the moment, as they are going to increase the size of the letters down the fuse, so "ZBT" may be back in next week for round two. :ugh:

MKY661
2nd Jul 2011, 21:45
Pic for anyone who has not seen it.
JetPhotos.Net Photo » G-OZBT (CN: 3546) Monarch Airlines Airbus A321-231 by Daniel Villa (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7142809&nseq=0)

Jus one Q, are the winglets still gold/yellow on the inside?

JSCL
2nd Jul 2011, 22:07
I think it looks great, just that stuffy CGI that made it look less appetising.

StevieW
5th Jul 2011, 13:32
As much as I like the aircraft, how much life does the A300 have left with Monarch. Over the past few years, these aircraft have spent most of the time transporting the masses to and from Greece, Turkey and Egypt. With the Olympic Holidays contract 'lost', and the political unrest in Egypt severely denting demand for flights/holidays to the country, the A300s and A330s are now spending most of their time on scheduled flights to Cyprus, Spain and the Canaries.

I'd hate to see Monarch get rid of the A300s, but with their change in strategy towards becoming a scheduled carrier, surely they will be surplus to requirement. The few scheduled flights that do warrant 350+ seats could probably be covered by the A330s, which have also been fairly redundant this summer.

Mr @ Spotty M
5th Jul 2011, 18:42
Firstly to answer MKY661 question, there is no paint shop at the moment, all that you see are decals and a try out was accomplished today by using paper to check for look and fit. Did not see the result but understand the Spotty M is a lot bigger, on size with the one on the tail.
G-OZBP was on check in MAN, but is AOG awaiting a Fan cowl coming from PIK.
Now for the A300's, we do not know which way the company is going to go with long haul. If it decides to pull back until post 2014-15, arrival of the "delayedliner", then they should keep the A300's and sell the A330's.
Reason the A300's will last till 2016 and you would get a good resale value on the A330's.

Skipness One Echo
6th Jul 2011, 16:55
Wow a FOURTH version of the current Monarch livery! I love this!

MKY661
6th Jul 2011, 17:34
Here is another one of G-OZBT but in my opinion the M should be in the middle on this side too not at the front.

G-OZBT - Monarch Airlines - Airbus A321-231 - Planespotters.net Just Aviation (http://www.planespotters.net/Aviation_Photos/photo.show?id=197755)

Airbus321-200
6th Jul 2011, 17:47
I think scrap the M and just have the monarch.co.uk. And have the monarch fit in between doors 1 & 2 and the .co.uk after. The spotty M is on the tail. It's enough.

Egon Maybach
6th Jul 2011, 21:05
Commendable that so much effort is being put into faffing about with the spotty M, hope someone somewhere is actually working out how in hell you sell that 80% direct, consistently, year round, for profit

Direct VTB
7th Jul 2011, 09:28
LowcostUSA.co.uk Form New Partnership with The Monarch Group to offer Direct Charter Flights from London to Orlando (http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2011/7/prweb8620248.htm)

MKY661
7th Jul 2011, 10:28
Will sanford be pulled out. I assume that they will probably do it to MAN as well.

Benod
10th Jul 2011, 10:26
I wonder if Monarch will fly to the new Murcia Corvera Airport next year

MKY661
10th Jul 2011, 10:57
Well they did operate it last year but it was dropped due to low passengers

TartinTon
10th Jul 2011, 11:42
Monarch stopped flying to MJV in W09-10 from MAN and in S09 from BHX/LGW. Not a problem with loads just the yields.

Benod
10th Jul 2011, 20:41
i wish Monarch would operate more scheduled routes from Gatwick like Barcelona, Madrid and Nice

purplehelmet
10th Jul 2011, 22:03
had lunch today with some family friends,one of who works at man.
i find this hard to belive myself, but he said he has heard strong rumours that monarch are looking at the possibilites of pulling out of man totally and moving the whole north west operations to liverpool! ?
anyone else heard this????

JSCL
10th Jul 2011, 22:44
MON has technical hangarage ops at MAN which I highly doubt LPL could do and MAN has been a strong base for years, very doubtful it will be dropped by MON, VERY.

TSR2
10th Jul 2011, 23:05
monarch to liverpool?

Do they really think that they could compete successfully on sunshine routes against easyjet and Ryanair ?. I think not.

purplehelmet
10th Jul 2011, 23:53
like i say i find this hard to belive,but he said he'd heard they were "seriously looking at moveing all ops to l'pool to cut cost's on landing/handling fee's long term". my first thoughts were maybe its a (mol)kind of threat to see if they can get man to reduce cost's.(if it is true).
he also said that the ryanair expansion plans for the new ryanair terminal on t2 would see them move a lot of the l'pool flights to man.

j636
10th Jul 2011, 23:58
When FR announce they MAN base soon, Liverpool will see a reduction from Ryanair. The reduction may not happon this winter but it wil graudally happon. Evenchallity Liverpool and Manchester will go like BHX ane EMA and Liverpool will be BHX and MAN will be EMA.

Would love to see MON at Liverpool if it happons but I don't think it will.

purplehelmet
11th Jul 2011, 00:21
When FR announce they MAN base soon, Liverpool will see a reduction from Ryanair. The reduction may not happon this winter but it wil graudally happon. Evenchallity Liverpool and Manchester will go like BHX ane EMA and Liverpool will be BHX and MAN will be EMA.

Would love to see MON at Liverpool if it happons but I don't think it will.
yep! and i'll have a pint of that aswell please landlord!:confused::):oh::yuk::eek::O:ok:

Topspotter
11th Jul 2011, 10:55
Where magic mushrooms on the lunch menu P/H by any chance?

GrahamK
11th Jul 2011, 11:20
Has there been a Monarch to Cardiff suggestion yet? :E:ouch::ugh:

delta154
11th Jul 2011, 11:27
Well considering Monarch have already announced that Manchester will see new routes to France, Italy, Spain and Portugal for 2012, as well as the mentioned Monarch hangar with the contract to look after theirs and Thomsons B787's, and the move to T2 in november, why would Monarch put all this planning in only to pull out?

:confused:

Skipness One Echo
11th Jul 2011, 11:35
Question : Are Monarch closing their second biggest base in the UK to move into smaller facilities at an airport with fewer connections into the rail and motorway network?
Source some family friends,one of who works at man

Short Answer : Probably not

Shed-on-a-Pole
11th Jul 2011, 16:56
Second biggest base? I believe MAN is the biggest for MON ...

MKY661
11th Jul 2011, 17:31
MAN is their biggest base, then i think its LGW, BHX, LTN & DUB (in that order)

I have heard though they are getting more aircraft so they might get a small base at LPL maybe. Heard also about BRS & CWL as well (on these forums)

I think that somewhere up north would be good like Newcastle or Edinburgh

Skipness One Echo
11th Jul 2011, 20:30
Second biggest base? I believe MAN is the biggest for MON ...
My God-awful London blindness kicks in again! Apologies!

Chidken Sangwich
12th Jul 2011, 14:57
Well considering Monarch have already announced that Manchester will see new routes to France, Italy, Spain and Portugal for 2012

Will this still happen now that MAN Airport have allowed FR to come and play on 6 of MON's long established routes?

MKY661
12th Jul 2011, 21:43
It may see a slight decline but i don't think it will have much effect. Of what I know the morning AGP flight (ZB654) is extremely popular and I would imagine ALC, TFS & FAO will be the same.

BCN, not sure but I do remember Jet2 starting it but then ceasing it due to lack of demand, and acording to Monarch's website they said that the monarch flights were much more popular, but now with 3 airlines doing it (Jet2 are restaring it for some reason) im not sure where this will go.

PMI would be good for ZB in the winter because it is seasonal for Ryanair.

IBZ, welll ZB don't really operate it very much but it is coping well so we will have to wait and see on this one.

Also in my opinion ZB have better flight times so maybe that will boost passengers.

j636
15th Jul 2011, 13:31
New route - LGW - BCN

Starts Oct 21 - daily flights until 30 October then goes to 11 weekly

Benod
15th Jul 2011, 14:50
But there isnt no flights on sale for summer 2012 From LGW
-BCN!

Skipness One Echo
15th Jul 2011, 15:56
Will this still happen now that MAN Airport have allowed FR to come and play on 6 of MON's long established routes?

It's a free market, can you imagine the furore if MAN decided to try and protect some if it's key customers and was then accused of keeping prices artificially high? MOL would then have a field day and what's worse, he'd be right.

MKY661
15th Jul 2011, 16:11
Finally pleased to see new route to BCN. I have a feeling that LTN & BHX will follow.

pabely
15th Jul 2011, 16:59
But there isnt no flights on sale for summer 2012 From LGW
-BCN!

Against EZY five flights a day, could they compete.

Finally pleased to see new route to BCN. I have a feeling that LTN & BHX will follow.
LTN has 2 EZY and a couple of other options on charter flights so again another tough one to start-up.

BHX might be a good choice though.

macdo
15th Jul 2011, 17:03
Does the rumour of bases at BRS or CWL have any substance?
or is it just GalleyFM?

toledoashley
15th Jul 2011, 17:11
To keep aircraft working during the winter and aim to make a little bit of money?

Barcelona isnt a bad choice, maybe Lisbon and Madrid next?

planenut321
15th Jul 2011, 17:15
Well talks with CWL management apparently didn't go so well and not really sure about BRS...would they want to go against FR, EZY, TOM and TCX?

j636
15th Jul 2011, 17:24
As it was just announced today, thwy will wait a few months before they decide weather to operate ot for summer 2012.

Mr @ Spotty M
15th Jul 2011, 18:05
Maybe it is one of the first routes due to the tie up with Air Europa.

Benod
17th Jul 2011, 12:53
Against EZY five flights a day, could they compete? But does everybody want to fly with EZY?

JSCL
17th Jul 2011, 13:50
@Benrod is spot on. I am like mny (albeit a smaller market portion) who don't always want to fly loco. I want a pleasurable experience from A-B-A. Whilst Monarch isnt spectacular, I was more satisfied that my previous EZY and RYR experiences, by far.

Benod
17th Jul 2011, 17:19
Yes and I think this new route to BCN is going to be very popular with the people who dont like EZY

Benod
17th Jul 2011, 17:23
And also, does anybody know any news of when Monarch is releasing news of their fleet changes as of the "big review" said from the CEO Conrad Clifford

MKY661
17th Jul 2011, 19:13
well I hope all of the ZB fleet stays. The A300's & & 757's have done an excellent job staying with Monarch for over 20 years. The A330's and some of the A320 family have done well as well.

CabinCrewe
17th Jul 2011, 19:31
Fanciful nostalgia will not be sustainable. the 757s and the A300's are dogs now. Fuel inefficient and dated. Monarch will need a fleet renewal sooner rather than later, with the 787 (if they dont decide to offload the order) being a small start.

Benod
17th Jul 2011, 19:54
Aren't they going to order the 737NG's?

JSCL
17th Jul 2011, 20:04
@Benod I hope not!

MKY661
17th Jul 2011, 20:06
Apparently so but i think these will be too small to replace the 757's unless they get the 737-900, that could cope with it.

Benod
17th Jul 2011, 20:14
Maybe they might order some 737-800 and some 737-900's?

Mr @ Spotty M
17th Jul 2011, 20:27
The decision is due to be announced in August and those of you betting on the B757 leaving the fleet soon and being replaced by the B737NG might be out of pocket.

Benod
17th Jul 2011, 20:30
What do you mean by that? :)

DO you mean that the order of the 737NG is likely to happen or not?

Mr @ Spotty M
18th Jul 2011, 04:23
One might ask, What order?

Benod
18th Jul 2011, 16:54
Do you think that monarch will add any more zb routes from gatwick or will most of the new routes will be from Manchester?

MKY661
18th Jul 2011, 17:04
I would imagine that the new routes will operate from all 4 of its main bases, but some may not operate from some bases. MAN is the airline's largest base (for scheduled flights as well) and the only route that is not operated from MAN is CFU. although LGW was the airlines' smallest scheduled base there has recently been a lot more routes being added to it. For example BCN & AYT have just been added. Plus SSH will only be operated from MAN & LGW for the time being.

MKY661
21st Jul 2011, 17:35
I was on a ZB flight today and i was talking with the crew to see what the fleet replacements are. Apparently, the 757's are going and being replaced with either 737-800's or A319's

TSR2
21st Jul 2011, 18:07
Apparently, the 757's are going and being replaced with either 737-800's or A319's

If they get the B738's or A319's they will operate instead of, but won't be replacements for the B757.

Mr @ Spotty M
21st Jul 2011, 18:21
Yes the B757, A300 & A330 are going, we all know that.
What we don't know is WHEN!!!!
It could be 2012, 2013 ,2014, 2015 and so on. :ugh:
The only thing we know for sure is it will not be 2011. :ok:

MKY661
21st Jul 2011, 19:04
They told me that the 757 could be withdrawn either late this year but they are still unsure about this yet. Apparently they are going because they cost too much to run.

I know the 300's are going to but i don't think the 330 are?

Ziggy22
21st Jul 2011, 19:49
I would imagine that the new routes will operate from all 4 of its main bases, but some may not operate from some bases. MAN is the airline's largest base (for scheduled flights as well) and the only route that is not operated from MAN is CFU. although LGW was the airlines' smallest scheduled base there has recently been a lot more routes being added to it. For example BCN & AYT have just been added. Plus SSH will only be operated from MAN & LGW for the time being.

They have been flying the MAN-CFU route for years, every Monday at 11.00am ;)

easyflyer83
21st Jul 2011, 19:55
I think he means on a scheduled basis.

StevieW
21st Jul 2011, 20:18
MON instead of ZB in the flight number, what difference does it make? You can still book it on a flight only basis through Monarch's website.

Ziggy22
21st Jul 2011, 20:26
There has been an internet survey on behalf of Monarch about winter flights to Corfu doing the rounds, anyone know if this is a starter or not?? :)

on time all the time
21st Jul 2011, 21:12
Manchester may be the biggest base in the simmer but shrieks a lot in the winter. Whereas Gatwick keeps going in the winter with a lot of adhoc and the ski flights.Therefore Gatwick is the biggest base...I think.

Airbus321-200
21st Jul 2011, 21:17
Lets not start this "my base is bigger than yours" thing.

I think BHX is the biggest - why not.

Actually no! my vote is for Dublin! :-)

JSCL
21st Jul 2011, 21:21
Sorry but their upcoming Plymouth base will be the biggest!!!

Airbus321-200
21st Jul 2011, 23:12
Yeah Plymouth it is, lets get the rumour started!

"monarch taking over air southwest routes" - News of the world.

Lets blame notw for this one. They get blamed for most things now.

Anyway back to reality. Any news on the fleet? or new bases for next yr?

Severn
21st Jul 2011, 23:12
This is not to prove anyone wrong, but here are the statistics:
All info is for today (as it subtily changes most days):

LGW:
20 Departures
2 x A306
1 x A320
4 x A321
2 x B752
1 x A332 - Longhaul (SFB)
Total = 10 (9 x SH / 1 x LH)

MAN:
20 Departures
1 x A306 (1 x Spare - No Flights)
1 x A320
6 x A321
1 x B752
1 x A332 - Shorthaul (ACE)
Total = 10 (10 x SH / 0 x LH) (Plus 1 x Spare)

LTN:
10 Departures
3 x A320
2 x A321
Total = 5

BHX:
10 Departures
4 x A321
Total = 4

Tight Seat
22nd Jul 2011, 06:58
23 out of Man today :8

janeyTA
22nd Jul 2011, 11:19
Hi
New here. Please be gentle with me, and I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Does anyone know when Monarch cancelled their LTN-ACE flights for November and why?

compton3bravo
22nd Jul 2011, 14:57
I would assume (although I was always told not to assume anything) that competition from Ryanair on the route must have a lot to do with it. Monarch have cut back a lot of scheduled flights this coming winter from numerous airports. One example - no flights to Mahon from Luton and much reduced to Malaga and Gibraltar (wonder about the latter as loads have been very good lately but maybe the yield has been poor and that is what really matters). Hope this helps.

janeyTA
22nd Jul 2011, 17:51
Thank you compton3bravo.

MKY661
22nd Jul 2011, 19:36
MAN - GIB runnng normally (would have been 3 flights this winter anyway)

LTN has cutbacks.

SCANDIC
22nd Jul 2011, 19:53
It will be the end of an era when Monarch retire the 75's and the 300's they've been fantastic servants and the Monarch engineers have have done a great job of keeping them flying.

qwertyuiop
22nd Jul 2011, 20:43
Don't think any mon pilot will be sad to see the passing of bb, cd, nx.

Benod
23rd Jul 2011, 15:22
why did you say that?

JSCL
23rd Jul 2011, 17:19
@Benod

Old junk that's caused problems over the years and in the views of the pilots, really need to be ditched for something ne.

Just a guess.

Mr @ Spotty M
23rd Jul 2011, 17:39
Well he is going to be upset then, as the other two A320's are due to leave the fleet before them.

qwertyuiop
23rd Jul 2011, 20:04
They are the most uncomfortable aircraft. Seats straight from a torture chamber and bloody noisy flight deck.

ZeBedie
23rd Jul 2011, 20:13
Don't disagree about the seats but they are more reliable now than when they were new and far more reliable than any Boeing we ever had.

j636
23rd Jul 2011, 20:57
Does anybody know if MON are to operate from Dublin in 2012. Have herd that they might not and if they are what a/c will they use. Same as this year?

spacegrand
24th Jul 2011, 16:17
Perhaps Mr could look out some official stats.I believe the 757 has been the most reliable a/c Mon have had and that the 767 was better than the 330.

Benod
24th Jul 2011, 16:33
So is monarch going to keep the a330's or not. Isn't true that the a300's are going to be re-configured this winter from a 9 a breast to 8? So they have a longer range?

TartinTon
24th Jul 2011, 18:34
j636....not really MONs decision...depends if Thos Cook are repeating the programme..if they are then it depends if they have room inside their own fleet to operate it...if not then it's if they can agree a rate between the two companies.

Chidken Sangwich
26th Jul 2011, 08:43
Anyone know if you can check-in online with MON without being ripped off another £7.99 for the privilege (by having to pay for a seat i.e. a 'stealth' web check-in charge)?

TSR2
26th Jul 2011, 09:37
On MON flights you can opt for pre-booked seats (not actual seat numbers) for £12 per person return. Its a choice not a stealth charge.

Chidken Sangwich
26th Jul 2011, 11:03
TSR2 - I want to check-in online but I can't do this without being ripped another £7.99 per seat.

By 'choice' (I do not want to give MON any more money to pre-asign me a seat) it seems I cannot check-in without having to pay this charge. Therefore to achieve an online check-in I have to pay for something I do not want (a 'stealth charge') just to give me access to online check-in.

Can I check-in online without paying anything extra, as I cant find the part of the site if it exists?

TSR2
26th Jul 2011, 11:21
As far as I am aware you cannot check-in on line for MON Charter flights.

Chidken Sangwich
26th Jul 2011, 11:26
This is for a ZB flight.

Wish I'd have known about this at the time of booking as the Orange boys would have got my business, looks like i'll have to now stand in the early morning scrum. Something to remember in the future I guess...:ugh:

TSR2
26th Jul 2011, 15:54
You originally said MON flights.

Yes, you are correct. You have to select a seat to take advantage of the 'free' on-line check-in as stated on the ZB booking process.

If you would like to take advantage of free online check-in you will need to choose and pay for a seat. If you dont want to pay for a seat you can still check-in for free at the airport.

Chidken Sangwich
27th Jul 2011, 09:49
Thanks TSR2, I did say MON as was refering to the Airline in general.

So, as I have now discovered there is NO free online check-in on ZB as you have to pay for a seat. Therefore there is a cost levied (albiet a seat selection) if you want to use online check-in.

Thanks for the clarification.

Airbus321-200
27th Jul 2011, 14:19
I always found that system flawed.

Check in online and have to pay more but check in at the airport and its free with allocated seats. The opposite to other carriers.

caaardiff
27th Jul 2011, 16:56
Look at it a different way. Prebook your seats for a price, get online check-in for free.
Don't prebook your seats, check-in at the airport and get whats left.
Nothing is free in this world

Falcon666
27th Jul 2011, 18:33
With Monarch rebranding i would have thought it would be a great chance for them to be different to Easy and Ryanair and offer something different.
Something like Southwest/Jetblue offer in the US.
1st bag free (up to 20kg),On line check in and seat allocation without paying extra(Pay extra only for extra legroom)
Complimentary snacks and drinks on board-alcohol extra.
No rip-off card charges (ok i know they are trying with this)

If they want to change to a Lo Co they just dont want to be too much like the others:ugh:

TSR2
27th Jul 2011, 19:28
1st bag free (up to 20kg),On line check in and seat allocation without paying extra(Pay extra only for extra legroom)
Complimentary snacks and drinks on board-alcohol extra.
No rip-off card charges (ok i know they are trying with this)

Yes, that would be good. Alas too much to hope for.

Airbus321-200
27th Jul 2011, 19:48
Monarch have a real opportunity to increase it's share in the market if they do the " 1st bag free " idea.

The one thing people hate paying for. I personally fly bmi because they dont charge even if it is up to £20 more. It makes my journey less stressful and it also reduces excess hand baggage which monarch often suffers from.

MKY661
28th Jul 2011, 17:16
can i just ask there is a delay with today's ZB660 flight (MAN - AGP). Is it a technical fault or is it a missing aircraft because G-OZBF says its last flight was MON321P which means it usually goes to another base.

Mr @ Spotty M
28th Jul 2011, 18:02
Departed on rescue mission to HME, due Tech a/c.
AGP departure delayed to after midnight due night closure of AGP.

Keyvon
3rd Aug 2011, 15:57
Does anybody know the fate of the several charter rotations to Greek and Cyprus holiday destinations operated for Dream Holidays, which went bust just few weeks ago ?

Have these flights dropped for good and if so, how have they been replaced ?

Did they increase their scheduled programme after Dream Holiday's demise?

sam1993
3rd Aug 2011, 16:13
I think 9but am willing to be corrected!) the flights operated for Dream Holidays were also sold by other operators (i.e full aircraft were not chartered by Dream Holidays) so these flights will still go ahead as normal.

SCANDIC
3rd Aug 2011, 16:16
Any news on Monarch's fleet renewal..

MKY661
3rd Aug 2011, 19:48
all i know is that there is a good possibility they are getting 737-800's or A319's

parky747
3rd Aug 2011, 20:05
Does anyone know what a/c type MON use on the SSH service ex MAN please?

MKY661
3rd Aug 2011, 20:25
usually A300 or A321 with occasional A330

Mr @ Spotty M
3rd Aug 2011, 20:45
The A321 does not get used on the MAN-SSH charter operation, mainly A300 or A330.

TSR2
3rd Aug 2011, 20:49
Thursday Dep 10.30 MON1286 A300

Sunday Dep 10.00 MON3726 A330

thebeehive
7th Aug 2011, 13:45
Hello,

Can anyone help please?

Are any LGW-PFO flughts on the A300 or A330? I used to fly MON A300s to PFO years ago but not sure if the A300/A330 operates any anymore? I am looking to fly in October

Cheers

MKY661
7th Aug 2011, 18:48
yes monarch have still got their 300's & 330's and they are used on these Paphos flights but there is the odd A321 that runs it, think thats on a Thursday

Jamie2k9
8th Aug 2011, 11:15
MON Dublin base for summer 2012 lightly not to happon. If it does there will only be 1 aircraft.

Iberworld are basing 1 aircraft which will take over many of MON routes.

Airbus321-200
8th Aug 2011, 18:36
Where is that info coming from Jamie? not sure its finalised yet. I've heard 1 a/c but who knows.

Jamie2k9
8th Aug 2011, 19:22
Iberworld taking over the following MON routes for summer 2012.

Friday - Reus, Ibiza
Saturday - Lanzarote, Gran Canaria
Sunday - Palma, Faro
(Iberworld already operate Palma)

As Iberworld will have an A320 and if MON have one based will it be a A321 or another A320.

MKY661
8th Aug 2011, 21:50
what about flights between PIK and FNC

Airbus321-200
8th Aug 2011, 21:51
So will iberworld or orbest be basing crew here do you think? Flight times suggest they might. Or they'll just use their spanish crew in hotac.

Jamie2k9
8th Aug 2011, 22:39
So will iberworld or orbest be basing crew here do you think? Flight times suggest they might. Or they'll just use their spanish crew in hotac.

Not sure whats going to happon. Do MON base crews in DUB as the pilots come from UK but not sure about cabin crew?

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Aug 2011, 04:20
Cabin crew are employed local for summer season, not sure if senior cabin crew are from other bases.

on time all the time
9th Aug 2011, 09:52
There is a permanent base with cabin crew on part time contract seven months on 5 off. There are also some temporary crew member. And finally crews are being sent from the uk to help.

Airbus321-200
9th Aug 2011, 10:00
Well here is hoping for 1 aircraft in DUB .

Monarch could do well with ZB out of DUB on a 320 or 319 ( if they come to the fleet). But they can't see beyond the UK. They should grow a pair and be brave and take a risk. It's how other airlines succeed. Also some money to be made up in scotland.

squeaker
9th Aug 2011, 11:09
Globespan might suggest otherwise..

The Hypnoboon
9th Aug 2011, 11:55
Monarch could concievably make some money in Scotland. I would imagine running flights to major destinations such as Palma, Tenerife, Malaga (admittedly all served by the current players in Scotland), at a reasonable frequency and timings, from Edinburgh, Glasgow or Prestwick and Aberdeen could attract people to use them. With the demise of Globespan, Jet2 have filled the gap, but there may be room for one more...

StevieW
9th Aug 2011, 13:02
Back to the real world....what are Monarch doing with their A330s this winter? No flights to Mombasa or Male - Monarch holidays to these destinations are being op'd by Kenya Airways via NBO and Emirates via DXB respectively. As far as I can see there will only be four regular long haul flights each week (Weds: LGW-GND/TAB, Thurs: LGW-GOI, Fri: MAN-GOI, Sat: LGW-GOI).

partyboy_uk
9th Aug 2011, 15:52
Nothing certain yet, but one may well be going off to do the Hajj for a good length of time

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Aug 2011, 20:11
Don't bank on the A330 operating the GOI flights, my understanding is that they will be on the A300.
I would say it is pretty certain that one A330 is off on the Hajj again, starts end of Sept and finishes mid December.
Plan is to carry out "C checks between phases and after the Hajj, which should include a respray as well.

CabinCrewe
9th Aug 2011, 20:28
Monarch regional ex ABZ was tried and flopped. Cant see that being revisted

Hifly_MPilot
13th Aug 2011, 10:07
Does anyone think that Monarch may be heading in the same direction as Goldtrail? There is much talk in the market that Monarch is discounting seat prices heavily to sell. Is it because of too much capacity or too little demand or both?

TSR2
13th Aug 2011, 10:39
Is it because of too much capacity or too little demand or both?

Or maybe their prices were too high in the first place.

ATIS
13th Aug 2011, 10:53
As opposed to Ryanair's 1p flights +tax.

Very few seats on the aeroplane will be priced at the low end.

Wasn't too long ago when Monarch's relationship with Olympic Holidays was severed. Allegedly not wanting to operate the flights at a loss

TartinTon
13th Aug 2011, 20:19
HiFly MPilot...any sources for your rumour or just fishing? I keep my ear pretty close to the ground and I actually hear quite the opposite, that ZB prices are above their competitors. You can hardly compare the two companies...Goldtrail were a middleman and Monarch are asset owners...big difference.

MKY661
18th Aug 2011, 23:50
Wonder when the new livery is going to be put on the est of the fleet. Will probably take a good few years.

TCX69
19th Aug 2011, 09:13
Wonder when the new livery is going to be put on the est of the fleet. Will probably take a good few years.

Hopefully never! :oh: What have they done?!

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Aug 2011, 16:16
Is there any reason why MON website only provide links to spanish airports and not Greek ones. Need to get flight info on Zakinthos Airport.

MKY661
20th Aug 2011, 16:29
Maybe beacuse its charter. Try looking at the Zante airport website

MKY661
22nd Aug 2011, 14:07
anyone know what these callsigns are? They don't carry passenegrs just i don't know which base they are going to.

MON661P (its not AGP - MAN)
MON677P (its not ALC- MAN)
MON595P (its not FAO - MAN)

hapzim
22nd Aug 2011, 14:32
empty positioning flight after a rotation with the normal callsign. Destination can vary depending on where they are needed next.