PDA

View Full Version : Monarch -2

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

simonchowder
20th Apr 2009, 09:38
thanks for the info must say that it is good to hear that RR engines are highly regarded by the experts, will the new monarch B787,s be equiped with RR engines?

Bealzebub
20th Apr 2009, 12:48
You bet! They will be powered by Trent 1000's.

tubby linton
20th Apr 2009, 13:11
A friend of mine is a RR engineer and has worked on the Dreamliner engines. His advice to me was, whatever you do, don't fly on one until I tell you it's OK. Big probs trying to get the power and efficiency required I'm told.With the amount of time before an airline actually gets to operate a 787 hopefully Rolls will have solved this problem,but Mon will have probably seen the light before this and bought a load of 330s!!

BYALPHAINDIA
20th Apr 2009, 18:15
The monarch website might be worth a gander, flew out of man on a newish A321 last week far nicer cabin than those grotty old 757,s the quicker they all get replced by new airbuses the better imo

But don't forget those 'Very Loyal 75's' have been in the air for over 25 years I don't think many any aircraft can beat that?

Once they have gone they have gone!!

BYALPHAINDIA
20th Apr 2009, 18:17
The 787 can't be that good - If it is still a paper drawing on a shelf?

smudgethecat
24th Apr 2009, 11:35
I hear monarch are looking to aquire another newish A 321, are these new A321 aircraft all ex easy jet?

jubilee
24th Apr 2009, 15:03
How do Monarch justify this:-
Flight from Man to Spain

Air passenger duty £10 OK thats the Mr Brown bit.
Fuel supplement £16 Makes me wonder what it would be if oil was still
140/150 dollars a barrel.
Passenger service charge £13.70 Do I have my own stewardess .
Airport Dep. tax £4.45 The Man. airport bit.
Airport handling charge £2.10 What are they handling, I have no luggage.
Regards
Jubilee

ianrimmer
24th Apr 2009, 15:10
monarch dont have ant 757-200 left at manchester they were all sold to fed x for cargo

partyboy_uk
24th Apr 2009, 15:30
monarch dont have ant 757-200 left at manchesterMonarch do still have 3 x B757's left:

G-DAJB
G-MONJ
G-MONK

... and there will be one of them operating flights from MAN this year :ok:

G-MONB left the Monarch fleet for Fed Express on 03/02/2009 and
G_MONE on 02/12/2008, also to Fed Express

ImPlaneCrazy
24th Apr 2009, 19:32
One of the MON flights today from LTN (I believe ZB12 to AGP) went tech, and they ended up hiring an A/C from Thomson.

All I can imagine is that it cost them a small fortune... does anybody have an idea why MON wouldn't just delay their own A/C until the issue is resolved? :bored:

mmeteesside
24th Apr 2009, 20:05
Because that aircraft would be needed for another flight probably when it was fixed, therefore to delay it til then would quite possibly delay another 3 or 4 flights after that so it's best to pay out for another aircraft than the possible loss of future business by 800 pax + their friends etc.

aidoair
24th Apr 2009, 20:24
As well as what mmeteeside has said, it will also most likely have been a much cheaper deal than requesting the likes of Titan to operate the route.

Despite all the airlines being in competition with each other, when it comes to helping each other out, be it a tech delay, they are usually quite keen to do so.

Mr @ Spotty M
24th Apr 2009, 20:39
The a/c at LTN did not go tech.
The TOM B737 was subbed in because if they waited, it would not have been until late tonight when a returning a/c from its second rotation of the day would become available.
MON knew yesterday that one of their a/c (A320) required an engine change found during its routine hangar check and would not be completed for this mornings flight.
That's the difference between Monarch and the likes of BA, Easyjet and Ryanair, they would more than likely cancel the flight, where MON will sub in.

TartinTon
24th Apr 2009, 21:09
Jubilee...actually you've broken the charges down wrong.

Air passenger duty £10 OK thats the Mr Brown bit.
Fuel supplement £16 Makes me wonder what it would be if oil was still
140/150 dollars a barrel - I think you'll find that Monarch like a lot of airlines panicked and hedged at a rate far higher than todays rates hence the surcharge.
Passenger service charge £13.70 Do I have my own stewardess - No but this is the Manchester airport bit and the fee they levy for using their facilities .
Airport Dep. tax £4.45 The Man. airport bit - actually the Spanish airport bit.
Airport handling charge £2.10 What are they handling, I have no luggage - a baggage screening charge per passenger levied by Spain regardless of whether you have a bag or not

jubilee
25th Apr 2009, 14:27
TT,
Thanks for your breakdown,I was of course assuming that the last two charges were for Manchester and not Spanish, as you rightly point out.

Does anybody know how long fuel has been hedged for, as supplements still apply next March.
Regards,
Jubilee

TartinTon
25th Apr 2009, 14:59
It would be difficult to find out for an airline like Monarch, who are privately owned, as they don't have to publish detailed accounts. Other public airlines have said that they were anywhere from 0 - 40% hedged for the winter season and beyond at the higher rates.

Skipness One Echo
5th May 2009, 20:49
ACARS database search - acarsd ACARS Decoder for Linux and Windows (http://www.acarsd.org/acars_search.html)

This is really helpful for those kind of queries. Good luck !

TCX69
16th May 2009, 14:45
Are Monarch short of an A/C for their LGW flying programme? I am presuming that G-OZBV is late in being delivered as bmi are basing an A321 at LGW for the next 2 weeks to cover.

Mr @ Spotty M
16th May 2009, 15:10
Yes MON are short of a/c, two A321s and a B757.
One A321 and B757 are late off "C" checks and there is a delay with the leasing of G-OZBV, due to the change in ownership of the a/c before MON leases it.

TCX69
18th May 2009, 19:26
Not the cleverest idea when it's leaving bmi an A/C short at weekends! :ugh:

Direct VTB
18th May 2009, 21:45
Also saw on the board that Flybe were doing a cover flight for us with one off their 195's...

partyboy_uk
18th May 2009, 22:49
... and:
a Jet 2 B733 did the ZB518 from Manchester to Barcelona yesterday;
a Thomson B752 the same route on the ZB516 today

Mr @ Spotty M
19th May 2009, 04:44
Also a Air Finland B757 operating out of MAN & LGW this week, covering for the B757 on "C" Check.

SAM-EMA
19th May 2009, 22:12
Sorry, bit of a spotter question but with MON/ZB seriously lacking a/c, does anyone know what a/c of what airline which be operating MON7326 from (and the return) EMA to Dalaman tomorrow. This is supposed to be a LGW based 752 - any help appreciated.

Thanks
SAM-EMA

TartinTon
19th May 2009, 23:30
It's a LGW based 757 still

Mr @ Spotty M
20th May 2009, 04:55
Will be either "JB" or "NJ", unless a/c go tech in the mean time.

Mr @ Spotty M
20th May 2009, 16:43
Oh sh**, l did not know at the time of my post this morning, but "NJ" the a/c due to operate the DLM out of EMA went tech at LGW this morning.
Last l saw it was going to be operating the flight out of MAN some 10 hours or more late.:{

END BAG
20th May 2009, 20:00
Last weeks Monarch flights out of East Midlands were covered by a Jet-2 757 on both the days it was supposed to be a MON757.

firstforfirstchoice
22nd May 2009, 14:07
Hi all,

Does anyone know what aircraft operates the MON3402 on Sunday 14th June from LGW to AYT??

Cheers if anyone can help out with my request

im going in
22nd May 2009, 15:25
Planned to operate on A330

SCANDIC
22nd May 2009, 16:01
Does anyone know when the new a321 will go into service, i see that they are leasing another 321 from bmi for a bit.:ok:

Mr @ Spotty M
22nd May 2009, 20:33
They hope to have it in service around the 30th or 31st of this month, but nothing is confirmed as yet.

Skipness One Echo
23rd May 2009, 12:27
BBC NEWS | England | Airline staff ballot over strike (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8064987.stm)

Isn't this a little suicidal?

Centre cities
23rd May 2009, 12:53
Yes it is.

Just lost my booking, would have selected them even though the price is more for the dates I want BHX- AGP-BHX. Booked else where now.

Centre cities

Easy Ryder
23rd May 2009, 13:34
"Isn't this a little suicidal?"

Ain't that the truth....... not the best of timing guys :rolleyes:

topdog1
23rd May 2009, 13:53
I am cabin crew and to be honest, I have not heard anything about this. Maybe the press getting the wrong end of the stick as per usual

StoneyBridge Radar
23rd May 2009, 14:19
Maybe the press getting the wrong end of the stick as per usual

You can't blame the press when your union is releasing stuff like this:

Unite's national officer for aviation, Brian Boyd, said: "Monarch faces the prospect of a crippling strike at the height of the holiday season."

The union wants the airline to pay a lump sum to its members instead of giving them a pay rise, which it says they are prepared to defer until next year.

It also wants the airline to pay cabin crew an extra allowance while they are in the air, similar to one currently paid to pilots.

Mr Boyd, said: "The requests of our members are reasonable and are in line with similar negotiations with other industry operators. They represent a practical compromise given the prevailing circumstances.

"Unite is urging Monarch to come back to the negotiating table and work with us to avert damaging industrial action.

"There is no doubt the aviation sector is experiencing difficult times, all the more reason for Monarch to work with Unite to find a practical solution to this dispute."

Easy Ryder
23rd May 2009, 14:31
If the unions own members haven't heard about any of this, it just goes to show how dumb Unite truly is....

Making a future ballot rather unsuccessful.

Splat
24th May 2009, 20:27
Mr Boyd, your a complete :mad: idiot, and thanks for putting all our livelihoods on the line with this ill though out stunt.

Buster the Bear
24th May 2009, 21:39
I guess anyone hearing/reading the media 'strike ballot' story and planning to book a flight since Friday will have steered clear from Monarch (sadly).

I can never remember any dramatic staff rebellion at Monarch, so what has changed?

qwertyuiop
24th May 2009, 22:33
Not much has changed at M, infact very few have even heard of this non event

londonmet
24th May 2009, 22:35
There's only a handful of C/C in the "Unite" union. I flew today and for once there was someone on board that was a member (trust me it's rare). They hadn't heard anything about it and thought it was a bad idea to even discuss industrial action.

L Met

call100
24th May 2009, 23:08
Read again exactly what was said to the press....
I see nothing there that says they are balloting members. All that is there is a fair summerisation of the situation and a call to Monarch to come back to the table...
Surely the sensible thing for all concerned....:ugh:

ZeBedie
25th May 2009, 09:57
If the small number of people in Unite do go ahead whith a strike, there should be enough management and day-off workers to see all the flights operate anyway. I would expect us to sub-charter rather than cancel any uncrewed flights, so passengers should be unaffected, whatever happens.

Easy Ryder
25th May 2009, 11:10
Very true ZeBedie, and with only 600 out of 1300 cabin crew who are members of Unite, a strike vote would seem to be doomed as most of the ladies and gents have enough brains to know having a job at the moment is far more important then a rise.

Buster the Bear
25th May 2009, 11:22
The press have placed in the minds of the public that Monarch could be striking, enough for most people to look elsewhere for their tickets.

Centre cities
25th May 2009, 18:42
Buster the Bear is correct, there has already been an article in the local Birmingham press about a possible strike, some damage has already been done.

Engage brain before opening mouth springs to mind ( or giving an interview ).

Centre cities

Mr A Tis
25th May 2009, 19:29
How many aircraft are Monarch down at the moment? Been loads of sub charters over the last week. Plus delays at MAN on various flights, including a SSH-MAN running 2 days late.

greatoaks
25th May 2009, 20:00
I wonder how much that little publicity stunt by Unite has cost in terms of booking numbers.

Unite - Useless and toothless

The ghosts of XL will still be fresh in peoples minds and the big two will walk away
with the spoils yet again.

Its no surprise that seat prices are so high for the remainder of '09.

The industry desperately needs Monarch - and Jet2, to offer some choice to pax.

Habana2118
27th May 2009, 10:46
Which ac type is op the 06.45 dep to BJV on Mondays this summer season? anyone know?

sam1993
27th May 2009, 11:09
Which ac type is op the 06.45 dep to BJV on Mondays this summer season? anyone know? This flight is scheduled to be operated by an Airbus A321.

Hope this helps! :ok:
Sam

bcn_boy
27th May 2009, 12:52
Whilst we are on the subject, does anybody know what aircraft type Monarch operate on the 09:10 on Wednesdays to Rhodes from Gatwick?

Any info appreciated.

sam1993
27th May 2009, 13:33
MON5318 to Rhodes is scheduled to be operated by an Airbus A300.

Hope this helps! http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
Sam

al446
27th May 2009, 14:20
I wonder how much that little publicity stunt by Unite has cost in terms of booking numbers.

Unite - Useless and toothless

Sorry Greatoaks, I don't understand your logic, I think it is a great union tactic. If you consider that the strike weapon is primarily an economic one, which it is, then I think it quite legitimate that Unite release that this is under active consideration. The issue is, after all one that boils down to economics.

I hope that the CC are recognised in terms of pay for their contribution to the company.

CSman
27th May 2009, 14:51
What planet are you on? If this idiot from unite loses Monarch a lot of customers It could cost His members their jobs,if only this guy would engage brain before opening his mouth better for all

bcn_boy
27th May 2009, 15:07
Sam1993 - much appreciated!

al446
27th May 2009, 18:18
Or, maybe better, that Monarch pay their staff appropriately. I have heard all the arguments over the years - "company cant afford it", "we are in difficult times", "we allhave to make sacrifices" etc, its funny how it is always the little person who has to make those sacrifices and the bosses still walk away with double digit pay rise. As the cousins would say, "Go figure".

Comparitively, I see MON's trading situation to be excellent, the envy of BA at least. So why are they not negotiating?

If Unite has sufficient of a member base to hurt them by the poss of strike action they have the base to be recognised for negotiations.

As to what Planet - Earth, UK 2009, not 1809.

Many trade unionists of your age and over fought for representation in the worklplace and I admire them deeply, I do not want to see their legacy go to waste.

TartinTon
27th May 2009, 22:23
al446...how do you see Monarchs trading position to be excellent? Unless you're the FD or on the board how would you know? The company is private so you haven't a clue about the trading position.You sound like another Scargill throwback who spouts without a clue.

This union official has taken the chance to make a name for himself without any mandate. Had he actually gone to the workforce that he claims to represent and been given a mandate via a vote to strike then that is the time to start the rhetoric.

If it's the Monarch crew reps that have allowed him to go to the press then they should be sacked just as any other staff member who intentionally sets out to lose the company 100s of thousands of pounds would be.

Habana2118
27th May 2009, 22:26
Sam1993, many thanks for the info :-)

CSman
28th May 2009, 07:06
Well done you put it much better than I ,Your comment about Scargill was spot on,I thought that I was reading a Scargill handout from al446. Yes I am 70 years old and yes I and people like me had to fight for our conditions but there is a time and place to fight,and a time to use common sense. ALL airlines are struggling ,now is the time to HELP your company,survival is the name of the game at present

al446
28th May 2009, 13:00
I have never considered myself a 'Scargill throwback', I thought then as I do now that his tactics were wrong but even Iain McGregor has admitted that ultimately Scargill was right. It has also emerged recently that Thatcher was on the verge of conceding, it was only certain Tory grandees who cajoled her into not doing so. But that is history.

You are correct, I am not the MD nor have I had a look at the books, have you? One can only go from outward appearances and Monarch seem to be doing very well, comparitivly (please note), expanding fleet, fleet renewal etc. If it was your neighbour you would think he had come up on the lottery.

As I stated, it is all too easy to cry 'Hard times' and tell those with the begging bowl to go away, ignoring the rise in cost of living, however companies do make money even in a recession, some do very well out of it and they just happen to be the lower end of the market - step forward Monarch. I stand to be correct but I don't think EZY or Jet2 have slipped into loss, I will ignore FR who screwed up the fuel.

As to Unite's actions, as far as I am aware they have not said they WILL ballot for action, indeed it is every T Unionists desire to avoid strike, that is why negotiations are sought but neither can they ignore companies saying 'Go away, we're not talking, we're skint'. As has been rightly pointed out, no-one has seen the books.

So this moderate, non-Scargillite T Unionists stands by what he posted.

CSman, you state you fought in a certain time and place. I am presuming you chose them, perhaps this generation should be allowed that same luxury or the option to reject it without a previous generation shouting advice, or otherwise, from the sidelines. And I write that respectfully.

Could I also point out that a company saying they are skint is a company I would have second thoughts of booking tickets with.

greatoaks
31st May 2009, 14:15
Just looking to book some flights with Mon and notice that the online seating plan for the A321 has some seats 'greyed out' and marked as 'Fleetblocked'.

Can anyone tell me what this means and its reason ?

cheers

Mr @ Spotty M
31st May 2009, 20:32
If they are flights from Manchester, it might be because the 2 recent and the one awaiting delivery from Easyjet have less seats fitted than the normal A321 config.

greatoaks
1st Jun 2009, 07:00
Mr @ Spotty M, thanks for the info. yes they are Man flights

I assume these are the Ex-GB Airways A321's so should have 31" seat pitch

will Monarch re-fit these at some point to the same seating plan as the rest of the fleet ?

cheers

on time all the time
1st Jun 2009, 08:51
Some long European destinations require double crew if leaving very early in the morning. The seat blocked may be for the inbound crew. That happens for instance on the ZB LCA.

partyboy_uk
1st Jun 2009, 09:50
Some long European destinations require double crew if leaving very early in the morning. The seat blocked may be for the inbound crew. That happens for instance on the ZB LCA.Really? Which Monarch base does that happen from? Is that just for flight deck crew or cabin crew as well?

Mr @ Spotty M
1st Jun 2009, 16:42
In answer to "greatoaks" yes, after the summer season l understand.

SCANDIC
6th Jun 2009, 12:22
I see that Monarch are struggling for aircraft at the moment, do you think that they will purchase anymore aircraft like a 757 or something.:ok:

Mr @ Spotty M
6th Jun 2009, 13:03
Monarch are only struggling for a/c at the moment because they are two A321s down for the planned summer fleet.
One is still on "C" check, due out middle of next week and "ZBV" from Easyjet still has not had its lease signed yet.
So in the mean time sub leases from Air Finland and BMI are taking place.

Sam Chipperfield
6th Jun 2009, 17:39
I was wondering where the A330-200 which comes in to Newcastle Airport and departs to Orlando Sanford comes from in the morning? does anybody know?

sam1993
6th Jun 2009, 17:51
It positions in from Manchester at 07.30 as MON365P and then positions back out to Manchester at 06.40 as MON364P after the Sanford flight.

Sam

BYALPHAINDIA
8th Jun 2009, 17:50
Monarch are only struggling for a/c at the moment because they are two A321s down for the planned summer fleet.
One is still on "C" check, due out middle of next week and "ZBV" from Easyjet still has not had its lease signed yet.
So in the mean time sub leases from Air Finland and BMI are taking place.

I think MON should have kept ND & NE longer to allow for the schedules?

Now they are having to sub others from elsewhere.

CVTDog
8th Jun 2009, 19:12
757 to Alicante last week.

A little old but bags of room and "full" service. Free (soft) drinks and meals. Made a nice change actually . .

Mr @ Spotty M
8th Jun 2009, 20:44
Difficult to keep a/c that you do not own.
"NB" & "NE" were sold to Fedex a few years back and had slots for conversion booked.
Now "NC" & "ND" were also sold a few years back, but we could have had the leases extended, but costs were looked at for the checks that were coming up and the decision was made to end leases when due.
Hope to have the ex "C" check in service from LGW on Thursday.

simonchowder
9th Jun 2009, 19:53
Any truth in the rumour mon are close to buying two more trent powered A330.s?

TSR2
9th Jun 2009, 21:31
Any truth in the rumour mon are close to buying two more trent powered A330.s?

I have no idea but I do know they have been weighing up their options for long haul aircraft due to the very late arrival of their B787's which will be mid 2013 at the earliest.

hapzim
10th Jun 2009, 09:13
option of fitting refueling probes to miss piggy now she having her 20 year check these at least another 10 years life. That or the biomass fuel cell run from the toilets....

SCANDIC
10th Jun 2009, 19:39
Which Monarch aircraft is miss piggy.

Alloy
10th Jun 2009, 19:46
Miss Piggy = A300-600R.

windytoo
11th Jun 2009, 12:44
In future however at Gordon's request, they will be known as Traceys.

SCANDIC
11th Jun 2009, 15:53
I flew on G-MONR a few years ago their a great aircraft and very spacious, how long do you think that Monarch will keep them for. What are Monarch going to do next year when G-DIMB goes back to Tommy Cook.:ok:

TSR2
11th Jun 2009, 16:48
I flew on G-OJMR (same aircraft type) only two weeks ago. Excellent flights but I would not say they are spacious from the passenger point of view. The word 'cosy' springs to mind.

The A300-605 have given good service to Monarch over the years and were once described by the MD of Monarch as 'Cash Cows'.

Mr A Tis
11th Jun 2009, 18:58
I've flown on a couple of MONs A300s. Spacious ???:8
You must be joking, are you 4 foot tall?
The last time I had a "comfortable" flight with Monarch it was a B720:E

TSR2
11th Jun 2009, 19:11
Always found Monarch A320/321 to be very comfortable even the 'standard' seats.

smudgethecat
12th Jun 2009, 10:21
The A300- 600 a great a/c?? your having a giraffe mate , there a nightmare, i had the unhappy task of trying to keep the sheds servicable up to quite recently , the quicker monarch scrap them and replace them with A330,s or 767,s the better, they are without doubt worst a/c its ever been my misfortune to work on.

red 5
13th Jun 2009, 09:42
smudgethecat

I couldn't agree with you more, i was on the flt deck of G-MAJS when the #2 eng failed on rotation out of Larnaca in 95. Calls from the rear of the cabin that the wing was on fire, i thought my days were over. generally a nice aircraft to fly on but not to work on.

c.r.m what is it
13th Jun 2009, 12:28
Just been on the news and teletext, that there is deffo going to be a walk out at Monarch in July, can anyone confirm if that is true? Have a holiday to worry about, lol!

im going in
13th Jun 2009, 13:30
c.r.m what is it

I've checked news, teletext and internet, yet can find anything mentioning a definite strike. I thought the ballot wasn't till July anyway.

simonchowder
13th Jun 2009, 13:42
As i understand it only a minority of CC are union members so even if they do walk ot the majority will not, however im sure it wont come to that, im flying with monarch in july and have no worries whatsoever

londonmet
13th Jun 2009, 15:57
red 5

Arrgh so you're THE engineer then!

L Met

tubby linton
13th Jun 2009, 19:02
What is the problem with working on the A300 then?

on time all the time
14th Jun 2009, 15:35
The problem.....let's say the problemsss
Very cramped...361 pax, no legroom, tiny galleys so no space to store stuff, only 6 toilets with tiny tanks so they are always full/blocked and the smell...
Reliability....umm. But yes they are Monarch most profitable aircrafts.
Pb: the late arrival of the dream on liners which were meant to replace the A300s. So Monarch have to keep the fat piggies going. They are just a nightmare to work on.

simonchowder
14th Jun 2009, 15:56
Lets just hope Monarch can do some kind of deal in the meantime with Boeing for replacement aircraft, thus enabling these urine reeking fossils to be cut up, a fate they richly deserve.
I would hasten to add im a great fan of the spotty m i consider their ZB service and the a/c first rate, but why they continue to inflict the misery that is the A300-600 on their long haul customers is beyond me , my father in law flew with them to Goa on a 600 and was so traumatised by the experiance and he has vowed never to use monarch again

colegate
15th Jun 2009, 07:19
Anyone know why the aircraft change on ZB737 20 Jun and what this is switched to?

quazz
15th Jun 2009, 13:32
Lets just hope Monarch can do some kind of deal in the meantime with Boeing for replacement aircraft, thus enabling these urine reeking fossils to be cut up, a fate they richly deserve.

I'm sure they would make lovely freighters for someone out there :ok:

TSR2
15th Jun 2009, 19:36
Lets just hope Monarch can do some kind of deal in the meantime with Boeing for replacement aircraft

Or Airbus.

simonchowder
16th Jun 2009, 09:31
I have heard their looking at two bmi 330 ,s how true that is i wouldnt like to say howerver i think im right in saying they were they were doing longhaul out of manchester they were maintained by monarch engineers not bmi for some reason

Mr @ Spotty M
16th Jun 2009, 16:06
colegate, what did you think you were flying on?
You are on a B757 which is what was planned for the summer program all along.:ok:

partyboy_uk
16th Jun 2009, 19:06
Looks like Monarch will continue to have Air Finland and Astraeus flying for them for most of the summer as they have decided not to go ahead with the purchase of the other ex Easy/GB A321 G-TTIG (provisionally regsitered as G-OZBV).

Maybe a wise move to be conservative with cash flow at the moment and especially as it most likely won't be needed over the winter and possibly into next year.

Mr @ Spotty M
16th Jun 2009, 20:14
"partyboy_uk", they were never going to buy G-TTIG, so no cash saving on cash flow as you put it.
It was always going to be a lease from a third party as Easyjet were selling it to a leasing company and Monarch were going to lease it from them.

partyboy_uk
16th Jun 2009, 21:34
Ah, ok, I stand corrected - rather they have "taken the decision not to acquire the Airbus A321."

Why could Monarch not have leased this aircraft on a short-term basis to cover the flying period that will now be covered by Air Finland and Astraeus? Would there have to be a minimum term to a lease? Is it not cheaper to lease short term rather than charter other airlines to fly for Monarch (as well as the obvious implications of supporting crew from other airlines)?

And what about BM and BR which I believe are also leased? Might there be anything in the pipeline for those airframes?

greatoaks
1st Jul 2009, 07:26
Can anyone tell me what will be based at Man for winter 09/10 ?

cheers

Zippy Monster
3rd Jul 2009, 13:04
Anybody any idea why 767 G-DIMB passed through Basel today? It appeared to be on MON3524 Manchester-Mombasa. Medical diversion or something?

sam1993
3rd Jul 2009, 13:18
MON3524 is scheduled to operate via Basel and Vienna on alternate weeks!

Sam

Zippy Monster
3rd Jul 2009, 13:44
Thanks. Certainly adds a bit of variety. What's the reason for the stop? Does the 767 not have the legs to reach Mombasa non-stop, or do they pick up passengers for a tour operator?

on time all the time
3rd Jul 2009, 16:52
Hello,
It is simply because the tour operator African Safari Club who is Swiss I think got rid of its Airline called African Safari airways using an A310-300. They operate from Switzerland, Austria, germany and the UK. Monarch has been doing the flight for them from LGW long before it ceased operations. It was freeing their airplane.
Man seems to be new and it is combined with Basel or Vienna because none of these places can fill a B767on a stand alone program.

TartinTon
4th Jul 2009, 21:44
Monarch Scheduled launching new flights to Gran Canaria (LPA) from MAN / LGW and BHX. I understand that FUE is to be launched from MAN / LTN / LGW and BHX for Winter 09/10 as well. A good fit into their current network..they should do well.

OliWW
4th Jul 2009, 21:46
Summer 2010 is a longggg way away, but just heard a rumor of a A321 being based at EMA next summer, operating a few flights for TCX and then also for Monarch, if it is true, good for them
:ok:

MUFC_fan
5th Jul 2009, 06:27
Monarch Scheduled launching new flights to Gran Canaria (LPA) from MAN / LGW and BHX. I understand that FUE is to be launched from MAN / LTN / LGW and BHX for Winter 09/10 as well. A good fit into their current network..they should do well.

Long overdue I think...

Certainly at MAN and BHX, they are the main scheduled carrier to the hotspots both during the summer and winter and to have LPA not in your timetable seems a weird.

Also fits in well at LTN and LGW where they again have large scheduled services which they share with easyJet.

Obviously they have the charter flights on these routes which they do sell seats on but now that they will have scheduled services it will increase avaliablility and should complement the charter flights quite well.

How many a/c are based in MAN this summer and winter anyway? Has it increased with some more A321s?

Playamar2
5th Jul 2009, 11:20
MUFC Fan

The 'new' scheduled flights to FUE & LPA will replace the charter flights not complement them. Increased flexibilty not availability.

MUFC_fan
5th Jul 2009, 11:22
Thanks.

Not exactly increase flexibility on the LPA route! Only 1x weekly!

OltonPete
5th Jul 2009, 12:01
I know Playamar2 is on about the Manchester flights but at least the
BHX-FUE even at one a week is an increase as ZB/MON do not currently fly this route.

Although I am sure at times a Wednesday Tenerife was due to operate
but the route is now showing 6 weekly even over Christmas with no
Wenesday flight.

As for BHX-LPA, I can't be sure as I could not get the flight timings to show but there is a IT in the winter on a Monday and I suspect it will just
replace this service.

Pete

TartinTon
5th Jul 2009, 20:13
MUFC_fan...actually it is increased frequency on some of the routes. MANLPA operates twice weekly during the main season and peaks dropping to one in the troughs (more than the single, at best, previous charter op). Given that the ACE services started in the same manner should give some insight into the way Monarch build routes i.e. if it works then the frequency will build.

MUFC_fan
5th Jul 2009, 21:03
OK thanks.

SCANDIC
24th Jul 2009, 12:22
What are Monarch going to do next year when the 767 goes back to Thomas Cook and i also believe that more 757s will be leaving the fleet too.

Easy Ryder
24th Jul 2009, 12:54
Not replacing the 767

Mr @ Spotty M
24th Jul 2009, 16:01
B757s are not leaving the fleet next year.

SCANDIC
26th Jul 2009, 17:28
Astraeus are operating an ex zoom airlines 757-28a for Monarch all in blue, it must be costing Monarch a fortune this year with the amount of aircraft they have leased.

simonchowder
26th Jul 2009, 20:38
Whats the reason for monarch subbing out so much work are they short of aircraft at present or have they picked up a lot of work at short notice?

sam1993
26th Jul 2009, 20:47
They were due to take delivery of an ex Easyjet A321 (G-OZBV) but the order was cancelled at the last minute. They have therefore been an aircraft short this summer and have had to sub in other airlines. An Astraeus 757 (G-STRW) is now operating for Monarch until mid September!
I wonder how much Monarch will have paid over the summer for sub-leasing in aircraft? :confused:

TartinTon
26th Jul 2009, 20:50
Originally planned to have an additional 321 but couldn't agree terms with lessor. Lesser of 2 evils was to lease in during the summer peak (as flights had been selling for over 9 months) and be one aircraft lighter during the winter.
Although they won't be cheap, the subs should at least cover cost during the summer and saves the cost of aircraft/crews for the additional unit during the winter.

SCANDIC
3rd Aug 2009, 10:52
Why don't monarch lease another 757 for themselves cos after all they do have pilots who can fly the 757, i think that i might be a little bit cheaper than leasing off other airlines.:ok:

munrobagger
3rd Aug 2009, 15:11
Anyone know if Monarch are scrapping their Edinburgh base for 2010 ?
Cant find much on the holiday company websites , I think GSM may be used instead

CabinCrewe
3rd Aug 2009, 15:52
No MON base at EDI S10 due to "cost effectiveness" issues. Pax for tour programs will be via GSM TCX and 3rd party foreign airlines. Nice while it lasted.

SCANDIC
3rd Aug 2009, 18:21
Could anyone tell me how i get my strobes working on the fs2004, iam using a B777 cockpit on a B757 but don't know how to get the strobes working i know that on the keyboard its the letter o but i'm wondering whether i have to click on something in the settings, i would be grateful for anyones help.:);)

CabinCrewe
3rd Aug 2009, 18:52
Perhaps more suited to airliners.net forum...?

CentreFix25
3rd Aug 2009, 20:07
Try flightsim (http://www.flightsim.com) or avsim (http://www.avsim.com) for your flight simulator questions

StoneyBridge Radar
3rd Aug 2009, 20:26
Are things so quiet at old Spotty that the thread is reduced to talking about strobes selection on bloody flight sim?

Oh give me back the PPRUNE of old.......:ugh:

greggx101
3rd Aug 2009, 20:36
You having a laugh or just drunk SCANDIC ?

SCANDIC
4th Aug 2009, 12:29
Just cos you lot like to dribble on everyday about rubbish, people want some proper news about airlines not just rumours.

hatters united
4th Aug 2009, 12:37
HELLO..... HELLO......

THIS IS A RUMOUR SITE !! NOT THE BBC :ugh:

SCANDIC
4th Aug 2009, 13:34
Okey dokey then. Do you think that Monarch will get anymore aircraft next year, i did hear a rumour that they were thinking of getting 2 of the Bmi 330s or maybe they could get some more 767s.:ok:

Airbus321-200
5th Aug 2009, 00:11
Does anyone know what Monarch have planned for the winter??

Hows their bases doing?? With the rumour of EDI not re-opening how is the newish DUB operations going?

Mr @ Spotty M
5th Aug 2009, 05:02
Paying a lot of money to airport operators in parking fees.:{
Looks like a very quite winter, just like all the other operators around the UK.:uhoh:

renort
6th Aug 2009, 18:45
Hi, does anyone know what was announced yesterday to the staff in the hastily arranged management briefings?

OliWW
6th Aug 2009, 19:17
I dont think that bmi are looking to sell their A330s any time soon without having any replacements for the long haul flights that bmi operate. Why could Monarch get more B767's when they already have one which is leaving in April, surely not renew the lease if they wanted it so badly? So I doubt that Monarch will be getting any longer haul aircraft until the B787 arrives.

Tight Seat
6th Aug 2009, 19:18
All is well. Just a state of the nation. As for the winter, a bit quite, but thats all. Spotty M is having a good summer;-)

Chidken Sangwich
6th Aug 2009, 19:48
Tight Seat -

According to my contact... Is that the same 'great summer' that resulted in all staff being called in to be told that they were having an enforced 10% pay cut for the months Nov - Apr, with a 20% reduction in working hours and that any voluntary redundancies would be considered!.

Would hate to see what a 'bad summer' was then!

Are you Tim Jeans is disguise???

Buster the Bear
6th Aug 2009, 21:09
I have always considered Monarch to be a good barometer as to how the UK airline market is doing. If the pay cuts and reductions in working hours are true, this can only indicate that the market is going to be 'tight' this winter.

Only the the fittest will survive.

Good luck to all working directly and indirectly for Monarch, your airline will still be about long after others have failed.

londonmet
6th Aug 2009, 21:12
There is nothing to report (negatively) from Monarch. Busy winter I have been told.

TartinTon
6th Aug 2009, 22:52
Considering that in winters past most of Monarchs fleet was grounded during midweek days during the winter trough periods, the addition of new FUE services plus expansion on the LCA routes and other Canaries flying means there ain't so much downtime!

renort
7th Aug 2009, 11:26
that's good, so does that mean the rumours of a pay cut aren't true then?

londonmet
7th Aug 2009, 11:28
renort,

Some people are yes, but all the information you require (as in the details) are on our internal forum for you to see.

Good day :D

L Met

simonchowder
9th Aug 2009, 12:56
Monarch must be doing something right, im struggling to get a flight with them at present, all flights full, hope to hell i dont have to resort to flying with jet2 again

FL370 Officeboy
10th Aug 2009, 15:38
Just a quick one - are MON operating a charter to Las Palmas from MAN this summer? If so, what days and on what aircraft type?

Cheers.

ericlday
10th Aug 2009, 17:08
Try Monarch website for availability of charter flights.

FL370 Officeboy
10th Aug 2009, 18:13
Yes I've tried the Monarch website already but no joy. I'm just having a gander as looking at staff travel and have the TCX and TOM schedules but no access to MON's charter timetable.

smudgethecat
10th Aug 2009, 19:57
Flew on one of their newish A321,s last week very impressed, great service.

TSR2
10th Aug 2009, 20:00
Monarch are not operating any charter flights from Manchester to Las Palmas this summer. They commence a scheduled flight on October 19th.

conti onepass
18th Aug 2009, 18:02
just flown palma=manchester 18th august, ZB533, G DAJB.... excellent flight and service, monarch rocks again

scottcalvin
19th Aug 2009, 09:59
Remember that Monarch sells a lot of flight seats to operators in the market, you may get some very late avail, once the operators release back to the system. Not sure what the time zone is for this now as technology has changed but used to be 96 hours but its been a long time since I have seen Monarchs setup personally.

So I am probably wrong now, it might be very last thing!

The Member
23rd Aug 2009, 10:34
#640 (http://www.pprune.org/5109026-post640.html) (permalink (http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/260993-monarch-2-a-32.html#post5109026)) londonmet (http://www.pprune.org/members/160497-londonmet)

There is nothing to report (negatively) from Monarch. Busy winter I have been told

Well a forced 10% paycut across the board together with 40 Flight Deck and a 100 Cabin redundancies is a NEGATIVE in my book.

Lets see what TC and TUI do this winter to see if Monarch's woes are the Barometer for the Industry

simonchowder
23rd Aug 2009, 14:44
Monarchs woes are down to one factor i hear changes may be afoot, lets hope he goes sooner rather than later, its amazing how these characters can breeze in, do untold damage to a company and breeze out again a lot richer, monarch are a fine company i hope they can get back on track soon

Direct VTB
23rd Aug 2009, 15:47
Well a forced 10% paycut across the board together with 40 Flight Deck and a 100 Cabin redundancies is a NEGATIVE in my book.

The Member.

Nothing has been decided about anything yet, so I don't know where you get your facts from!!
No need to **** stir when there aint nout to stir!!!

Direct VTB!

Alloy
23rd Aug 2009, 16:00
As stated above, The Member's comments are not facts.

planenut321
23rd Aug 2009, 17:35
Does anyone know if MON would ever consider or have considered coming down to Cardiff? Possibly basing 1 x A320, with TOM at the minute showing no interest in Cardiff there is a market.

TSR2
23rd Aug 2009, 19:12
Posted by Simonchowder
Monarchs woes

As a reasonably frequent ZB passenger, may I ask what woes are you refering to?

compton3bravo
23rd Aug 2009, 19:34
I think he may be referring to a high ranking person in the company who used to be employed by a low-cost airline that once flew out of Birmingham and was cheap as chips and was also high up with an airline that has a lot of harp tails at Stansted - but of course I may be wrong.

Easy Ryder
23rd Aug 2009, 23:24
The Member... Your talking outta your clacka son!

Please STFU things aren't even close to what your makin out, due to a very hard working CC and a little something called 'negotiations'.

smudgethecat
24th Aug 2009, 15:10
That high ranking person whoever he is needs to watch his step then, id hate to be the person who bankrupted the familys airline, that would be a one way trip to see the fishes whilst wearing a very heavy overcoat :)

Brian Fantana
25th Aug 2009, 09:43
There is a horses head with his name on it somewhere about the Luton area!!

Airbus321-200
25th Aug 2009, 12:54
I hear they have closed down DUB and made all the crew redundant as of oct!!

Sounds like that high ranking ex LCC boss of monarchs needs to sort it out!!

im going in
25th Aug 2009, 15:00
I thought DUB was being shut because the charterer has managed to consolidate or reduce their capacity this winter due market conditions. Therefore not requiring a Monarch unit again till next summer!!
Nothing really to do with the boss, this one.

The Member
25th Aug 2009, 15:32
Not sure about the DUB position but questionable decisions are being made.
I heard today that they had an A300 AOG yesterday and have the same problem today , with I assume the same a/c.
Most companies would have subbed the flight out rather than delay pax 12 hours but this has not happenned.
There is plenty of capacity out there so why inconnvienance your passengers by putting them into Hotel for a meal at LGW rather than getting them to their destination ,DLM yesterday CHQ today? Does not make sense to me and can only assume this is a management directive not to offload for reasons best known to the management. Not the way to treat your clients if you want them back next summer. Anyway my thoughts are with the passengers and the redundant crews in DUB if the previous post is true.

Jonny-no-stars
25th Aug 2009, 15:36
TSR2

Setting personalities aside for a moments - Monarch's "woes" are no greater or less than any other Airline, or indeed Company, operating in the UK today.

The fuel hedge position for this year turned out to be not brilliant (easy to say with 20/20 hindsight) given that the spot price dropped off a cliff. This wasn't forecast so the management, whatever you think of them, acted in accordance with the informed thinking at the time. As did most other Airlines, or at least those who were credit worthy enough to secure hedges. The hedge looks much healthier for next year so the "burden" of last years high fuel prices, which of course effects everyone else too, will wash through the books soon.

Yields are soft, as they are with every Airline in the world, but unlike others Monarch's load factors high, a good sign for customer loyalty and confidence.

In short: hard times but the hatches are being battened down and all parties are throwing in what they can to weather the storm. If anyone chooses to make inferences from a pay cut then they need to make the same inferences of BA, Virgin, Thomas Cook, Thompson (TUI) et al - who have all AGREED their own sacrifices already. To be honest I'd be more concerned by a Co. that wasn't being proactive in maximising its cash position in times like these. Monarch has had 42 years in business and I'd personally bet my mortgage on another 42. :D

im going in
25th Aug 2009, 15:54
The Member, there are currently no AOG aircraft within the Monarch fleet. AB6NS was AOG yesterday and required an MEC change. As for plenty of surplus capacity in the market!! that is true when covering a narrow body, however it cant be said when trying to cover 361 passengers.

The Member
25th Aug 2009, 16:41
Thanks Im Going In for the update. I am glad the Monarch fleet is now serviceable however as the CHQ passengers have only just left some 8 hours late it still begs the question why no offload.
I would have thought ,if passengers were asked ,that they would prefer to go on a narrow body and get to their destination on schedule than await a wide body aircraft with a 8 to 12 hour delay.

Tight Seat
25th Aug 2009, 17:20
So Member, if you ran an airline you would sub two narrows to cover an 8 hour delay on a widebody aircraft? Good for you. It would be a short management career I'm sure.

' Get your tenners for a fiver here, ten pound notes for a fiver'

I do feel sorry for the pax, but thats aviation.

TSR2
25th Aug 2009, 17:57
Thanks for the information. Must have a few people on here who think they can do someone elses job better.

Good to hear that load factors are high.

dc9-32
25th Aug 2009, 18:04
Anyone have a contact for their Nav Services Department at EGGW ?

TSR2
25th Aug 2009, 19:25
At ZB prices, I would doubt they would be losing money.

Buster the Bear
25th Aug 2009, 21:11
Non Starter must be 19 years old, so a tribute to all the engineering back up she and the 3 others get, that all A300's fly mostly reliably every year.

If I owned a 20 year old car, would it start and run and then do 50,000 miles per year, every day?

ericlday
26th Aug 2009, 06:32
With schedule servicing and maintenance yes it should run reliably.

smudgethecat
26th Aug 2009, 07:52
The fact those A300 -600,s achieve the dispatch reliabilty they do is tribute to the monarch engineers, they do an amazing job keeping those things in the air

MARKEYD
26th Aug 2009, 10:33
Yep the A300 is a trusty work cart for Monarch
i guess we will see it down in Bournemouth in November when hopefully it will operate the usual Bath Travel charter to New York again , albeit via Gander unless its an A330 this year !

renort
26th Aug 2009, 13:01
Tight Seat, for the love of god please don’t open up a debate about Monarch Subchartering policy

Logic, reason, common sense and passenger convenience are among the words have yet to reach the lexicon of those clowns in Crawley that make all the decisions.

Jonny-no-stars
26th Aug 2009, 14:41
renort

Dynamic program management is carried out in Luton not Crawley. Your lack of knowledge on this subject could be interpreted as being analogous of your knowledge of MON customer care.

Tight Seat
26th Aug 2009, 15:49
renort,

What are you on about? My reply was to 'Member'.

You have some sort of complex about Monarch Subchartering policy?

Mr @ Spotty M
26th Aug 2009, 16:42
MARKEYD, l think the B757 is going to operate the BOH-JFK this winter, but l might be wrong.

renort
26th Aug 2009, 16:44
Tight Seat, it’s an open discussion no?

Johnny, 'Dynamic Programme Management’ is hampered by their bizarre and frankly inexplicable commercial agendas.

MARKEYD
26th Aug 2009, 17:02
When Bath Travel operated a New York flight from Exeter a few times it was a 757 and Thomson used a 767 from Bournemouth but such was the demand they came to Monarch to operate a larger aircraft as the flights have always been a sell out with a waiting list ! so hopefully it will be the A300 again

im going in
26th Aug 2009, 17:12
renort

I take it you have a grudge against Monarch, your 4 posts all seem slightly negative!!

Jonny-no-stars
26th Aug 2009, 18:12
renord

May I propose that you either expand or retract your comments. You portray yourself as somewhat nonsensical at present.

Thanks.

StoneyBridge Radar
26th Aug 2009, 19:21
Don't feel the troll.

renort
26th Aug 2009, 20:39
Jonny, propose all you like, but last time I checked this wasn't your website.

Tight Seat
27th Aug 2009, 16:46
renort ,Is it yours?

If you post such bold statements, back'em'up. Otherwise it can never be a discussion, just a rant.

Jonny-no-stars
28th Aug 2009, 22:25
Thank you renort, you've told us all we need to know.

Monty Gordo
29th Aug 2009, 12:56
Away from the airport Monarch have had an impressive presence in BHX this summer; flags listing their destinations are flying from lamposts on most major roads leading into the city, also a city-centre 'beach' which has proved very popular as a promotional aid.

Do Monarch have a similar profile in their other airport locations or is this special to BHX? Can anything else be read into this?

sam1993
29th Aug 2009, 16:48
Does anyone the reason why the Malaga to Birmingham flight was diverted today or where it was diverted to?

compton3bravo
29th Aug 2009, 18:12
Diverted to Luton, but I do not know the reason, guess it could be a technical diversion.

TartinTon
29th Aug 2009, 20:28
Monty Gordo...nothing more than a marketing opportunity. I think BMI sponsored the beach last year.

greatoaks
16th Sep 2009, 14:23
Can anyone tell me what will be based at Man this winter season ?

cheers

colegate
16th Sep 2009, 20:05
It seems as if ZB have cut back massively on their planned flight programme on LGW-AGPfor Oct. Does anyone have more details.

TartinTon
16th Sep 2009, 21:10
Not sure where you get your info from colegate...minimum of a daily service available to book on their website and they only have a double daily at best most of the time :=:=:=

fmgc
16th Sep 2009, 23:12
hahahahahaha,

Good God, you get some ill-informed numpties on here!!

'Dynamic Programme Management’ is hampered by their bizarre and frankly inexplicable commercial agendas.

Well if you don't understand it, and evidently have no knowledge of what is going on, then don't comment on it!

viscount702
30th Sep 2009, 22:42
Have ZB massively cut back on Summer 2010 schedule.

Destinations such as ALC AGP FAO from MAN and LGW originally had two flights on most days. The timetable is now showing only one. Other destinations are also affected

boeing_eng
1st Oct 2009, 09:26
The fact those A300 -600,s achieve the dispatch reliabilty they do is tribute to the monarch engineers, they do an amazing job keeping those things in the air

What a load of tosh!......There are plenty of airliners in the air of a similar vintage and I can assure you they don't get "special treatment"! (BA's early 747-400's and some of the TOM ex FCA 757/767's spring to mind)

Any airliner correctly maintained will keep flying. Sure, the C & D checks get progresivily heavier but if an operator decides to keep an aircraft in the air it doesn't require miracles!:rolleyes:

simonchowder
1st Oct 2009, 09:45
Your right about monarch engineers smudge as someone employed in aviation personnel recruitment i can tell you they have a second to none reputation in the business for excellence, if anyone can keep those old 300-600,s flying they can

Heard the other day monarch are actually increasing flights from man/lgw next year, hope so, i use them from lgw a great deal

boeing_eng
1st Oct 2009, 09:57
Hmmmm.....based on this interesting line of thought, Jet2 engineers must be even more super-human than Monarch!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Some of their 737-300's date from 1986!!:ooh:

simonchowder
1st Oct 2009, 10:14
Given the dreadful state of their aircraft boeing eng i dont think super human feats are performed very often in jet 2 land, perhaps they should consider letting monarch carry out their line maintainence they just might be able to sort out those awfull 757,s whos cabins actually do fall apart around you as you travel

Jamesair
1st Oct 2009, 10:20
On a lighter note....the advert underneath this thread is for "MONARC" airlines...whoever that might be....spellcheck desperately needed.

munrobagger
1st Oct 2009, 10:46
I had originally thought no but on checking some holiday company websites I see MON listed as flying to a few places midweek such as Dalaman , Corfu and Paphos .
Any firm info - these flights were showing as Iberworld at one stage but can't see them basing at EDI

boeing_eng
1st Oct 2009, 11:49
Given the dreadful state of their aircraft boeing eng i dont think super human feats are performed very often in jet 2 land, perhaps they should consider letting monarch carry out their line maintainence they just might be able to sort out those awfull 757,s whos cabins actually do fall apart around you as you travel

Ah, but you must rember SimonChowder that Monarch have had their A300's from new!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Surely that must give their award winning engineers a distinct advantage over those impoverished carriers who have to trawl around on the used market?!!:}

simonchowder
1st Oct 2009, 12:40
Exactly the point ,when a aircraft or anything else for that matter gets to twenty years old the condition it is in is down in the main to the quality of care it has received through its life, the fact monarchs old A300,s continue to give good service is a testament to the high quality of maintenance they have received through the years from monarch engineers.
I do appear to have touched a nerve with my praise for the quality of monarch staff , however believe me i have no axe to grind, im employed by a recruitment consultancy and my views only reflect the high regard the industry in general has for monarch technical staff :ok:

renort
8th Oct 2009, 18:30
hahahahahaha,

Good God, you get some ill-informed numpties on here!!

Quote:
'Dynamic Programme Management’ is hampered by their bizarre and frankly inexplicable commercial agendas.
Well if you don't understand it, and evidently have no knowledge of what is going on, then don't comment on it!

Dont worry FMGC - I understand whats going on, that doesnt mean it has to make sense. :8

Egon Maybach
19th Oct 2009, 18:24
I'm surprised nobody has yet mentioned the 717,000 - and no, I'm not talking about a souped up DC9...:{

tubby linton
19th Oct 2009, 18:38
Would that be the reward paid to the silent puppet master?

Nil by mouth
23rd Oct 2009, 22:30
Does anyone know the 'technical fault' that occurred on Monarch flight ZB 742 en route to Málaga on 22/10/09 which had to turn round for an emergency landing at Gatwick?

firstforfirstchoice
31st Oct 2009, 18:51
Hi all,

Does anyone know what aircraft operates the ZB238 from LGW to ACE on Thursdays this winter??

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help out :ok:

TSR2
31st Oct 2009, 20:14
Could well be an A330 or a re-configured A300. It is a wide body with 3-3-3 configuration with extra legroom section at the front of the aircraft.

TartinTon
31st Oct 2009, 22:07
It's an A321 apart from the first 2 rotations that are operated by an A300

partyboy_uk
31st Oct 2009, 22:07
firstforfirstchoice, the ZB238 on Thursdays is due to be operated by an A321 this winter :ok:

firstforfirstchoice
1st Nov 2009, 17:56
Thanks for that.

Also noticed that the ZB flights from Luton to FUE stop for a few weeks in December...Was this planned like this, or is there not many advance bookings for this flight over this quiet period??

greatoaks
4th Nov 2009, 06:07
Can anyone tell me whats based at Man for this winter season?

cheers

BYALPHAINDIA
4th Nov 2009, 14:31
At the moment it seems to be:

1 x 763
1 x A30
1 x A33
4 x A321
2 x A320

757 seems to be in and out from LGW.

Mr @ Spotty M
4th Nov 2009, 16:30
B767 will be go on lease again shortly, some flying out of MAN until then and that will be only a few flights.
The following should end up operating from MAN this winter more or less.
1 A330, 1 A300, 1 B757, 5 A321 & 1 A320.

jethrotull
4th Nov 2009, 17:00
How are the long haul charters doing this winter from LGW & MAN ? Especially to India and the Carib.

I would imagine the likes of MON, TOM & TCX would be feeling the heat from the LHR schd operators.

HXdave
9th Nov 2009, 13:07
hi all,

can anyone give me a little information on the following route please. i have someone looking at booking this as part of a holiday, and the flight departing 03 jan is operated with Monarch. it shows as having a refuelling stop in Basle, and client wants to know if it's one where they get off the plane whilst refuelling, or sit with doors open & seatbelts undone. Not 100% sure myself as i have had both situations happen.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

regards

HXdave

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Nov 2009, 16:05
It is not just a refuel stop as it also picks pax up, it is a split load.
My guess is that you will have to stay on board, but you never know, they might allow you off but l very much doubt it.
A/C originally planned as an A330, but it might change and l will know nearer the date.

pabely
9th Nov 2009, 16:56
Mon looking at two more A321 from a previous source.......

bmibaby.com
9th Nov 2009, 17:32
Hopefully Monarch will consider putting these aircraft at MAN or BHX to add capacity to routes where baby has scaled back or pulled out of, and in the process not only reconnect these markets, but also offer new job opportunities.

pabely
9th Nov 2009, 20:04
As both are long range versions, probably not looking at ex Baby routes, but other aircraft could be redeployed. More of a stopgap for other equipment no longer in the fleet. Their next priority, I would think, would be the lack of Dreamliners coming. Baby routes might be taken up by other operators.

ATIS
9th Nov 2009, 20:56
On my last routing to Basel, the handling agents actually preferred the pax to remain onboard, as the walk through immigration and then back to departure lounge was a hefty one. The a/c acutally departed after 40 mins. Very efficient handling.

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Nov 2009, 21:12
Where the hell did you hear that one, pabely.
I think l have more chance on wining the lottery than Monarch getting more a/c for next season.

pabely
10th Nov 2009, 09:08
Jethros still show they have an option on a third, but that was not my source.

on time all the time
10th Nov 2009, 14:35
Hi
The reason for the MAN-MBA stopping in BSL is that the main tour operator is swiss based. It operats flights out of the UK, France, Switzerland, Germany and Austria. The operation from MAN as a stand alone is not big enough so a stop is required. In the past before the events in Kenya this flight used to stop in LGW.
The tour operator used to have its own A/C and airline African Safari Airways using a colourful DC8, then DC10 and finally A310. It ceased operations.

HXdave
10th Nov 2009, 15:02
actually, the tour operator is Thomas Cook (not cosmos - who are owned by the same people as Monarch and are swiss owned).

pabely
10th Nov 2009, 16:32
Ok, hear is the link easyJet Airbus A320srs (http://jethros.eu/fleets/fleet_listings/easyjet_a320srs.htm)

Notes.
Further 123 Airbus A319 options have a clause to enable convertion to A320srs a/c
Two Airbus A321-231 onward to Monarch with option on a third a/c

on time all the time
10th Nov 2009, 16:52
I cofirm that the reason why The MAN- MBA flies via BSL is that the main charterer is African Safari Club.
I checked their uk and french web and they mention Monarch.
During the summer Monarch has done some flight from BSL, CDG and VIE using the B767.

TartinTon
10th Nov 2009, 19:22
pabely, I think you're about 8 months out of touch with that news. 2 ex-easy A321 a/c joined Monarch in Feb/Mar this year and the third was declined.

jethro15
10th Nov 2009, 20:38
Ooppss!! My fault pabely. That footnote should have been removed from the easyJet listing long back to reflect the info Tartin Ton correctly pointed out. Apologies

jethro

TechProblem
12th Nov 2009, 07:33
During the summer Monarch has done some flight from BSL, CDG and VIE using the B767.

That was a sub to Air Med.... they are also using it this winter for some JED flights out of Manchester.

TP

Mr @ Spotty M
12th Nov 2009, 17:36
It is the same this winter as it looks like HXdave flight is for Air Med.
This Mondays flight from MAN via CDG seems to be using a BIE flight number from CDG to MBA and MON the rest of the time.

on time all the time
12th Nov 2009, 21:39
Hi Techproblem.
I think you mix 2 things.
Monarch did a winter season for Air med last winter using a B767. Monarch is about to start a second winter season.
The B767 did flights toMBA via VIE, BSL, CDG for African Safari Club this summer....not air med. The contract with AIR med was finished.
Air Med hired another B767 which was I think coming from Air Italy this past summer.
Monarch will also do a MBA via BSL this winter using a A330 on behalf of African Safari Club and Thomas Cook this winter...it has nothing to do with Air Med.

SCANDIC
7th Dec 2009, 14:37
Hi guys just seen G-DAJB stripped down to the bare metal and ready to go into the Air Livery hangar at man for a new paint job. How long are Monarch going to keep their 3 remaining 757's for.:ok:

Zippy Monster
7th Dec 2009, 14:47
Just wondering, is it possible to buy seats on the MAN-BSL leg? I'm crew with another airline, based in BSL... might help with commuting if the option was available. Presumably there are seats available.

Doesn't appear possible on the Monarch web site and I imagine the likelihood of being able to do this is low, but just wondered if anyone had any info, maybe it's possible to book via customer services, etc?

Mr @ Spotty M
7th Dec 2009, 16:06
SCANDIC, Monarch have no plans to get rid of the three remaining B757s at this time.:ok:

Airbus321-200
7th Dec 2009, 22:03
Was the paint job on G-DAJB bad?? i didn't think it was in need of a repaint.

Any info on what the summer holds for MON???

And what bases will be operating eg. EDI & DUB

IJM
8th Dec 2009, 04:20
I received an email advertising this tonight:

Seems to be connected with Monarch Airlines, have they run these services before? (they don't ring a bell with me).

Some Monarch flights already appear on the Canadian affair website, including Calgary to/from the UK.

Any thoughts welcome!

Mr @ Spotty M
8th Dec 2009, 04:48
Airbus321-200, did not have any choice on the paint job, a/c had to be paint stripped due to maintenance inspection being carried out.:ok:

simonchowder
8th Dec 2009, 09:11
Any truth in the rumour monarch are operating a couple of aircraft out of Dublin this summer

globetrotter79
8th Dec 2009, 10:06
...like they have every other year, you mean?!!

2009 - I believe MON operated 2x A321 aircraft weekends ex-DUB
2010 - I understand this will be 1x A320 and 1x A321, again over the weekends only

simonchowder
8th Dec 2009, 12:30
The reason i asked smartarse was due to the fact monarch closed the base at dub recently and made a number of staff including the station engineer redundant .

ryanair1
8th Dec 2009, 12:33
Bournemouth on the radar at all?

Tenerife, Funchal, Malta, Gibralter, Malaga would be great

compton3bravo
8th Dec 2009, 13:45
Would be nice if one could spell GibraltAr correctly from the great mansion!

SCANDIC
14th Dec 2009, 14:11
I see on jethros website Monarch have another 330 to come from somewhere.

Hamburg 2K8
14th Dec 2009, 17:32
Some relations of mine returned from Goa 13+hrs late a few weeks ago as the Monarch A330 had techincal problems and my dad returned from Goa on Saturday with an hour delay, again due to technical problem. How old are these A330 Monarch have? Are they not due for some new aircraft's? Also, where have their A300's gone?

captaintrigger
14th Dec 2009, 17:38
Not that old, both of them are 1999 models!!

The 4 A300's are still with the company and have/are undergoing 20 year checks!

Ringwayman
14th Dec 2009, 18:24
That A330 is alleged to be ex-BD.

Skipness One Echo
14th Dec 2009, 18:28
I would bet that Monarch are getting them on a much better lease rate than BMI did !