PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Jay36
16th Feb 2013, 08:26
The aptitude test is for Ab Initio.

wannabe aviator
16th Feb 2013, 09:14
Anybody else who applied in june last year and hasn't received anything?

Geokumu
16th Feb 2013, 10:05
Methoughts you just go with the abstract plus waiting but not the coloured photocopy. The colored photocopy to me doesnt portray a good picture. Or you can carry it secretly incase they ask but dnt include it in ur documents beforehand.

Captainosis
16th Feb 2013, 10:59
My password for the recruitment portal does not work and when I try the ` I have forgotten my password`...2 passwords are sent to my email of which non works,anybody who can help

aviatrix_
16th Feb 2013, 14:45
Got an email for thursday 21st February for Direct entry aptitude....

shuqx
16th Feb 2013, 18:02
hello future pilots
i also got an invitation for the interview scheduled on 22nd feb..looking forward to meeting all you gr8 people n all the best to us...also wishind all the best to those continuing with the process.

Magnate
16th Feb 2013, 21:19
I suggest that you guys carefully review your account details on the careers website. I told a friend about the Ab Initio thing In late Dec after our medicals and he applied. He has been called up for the aptitude on February 22nd.

kush-d
17th Feb 2013, 05:45
my account still reads active since august and yet i havent been called for an interview whats not happening at kq?

nyongesan
17th Feb 2013, 06:57
Guys, am lost here! In the invitation mail for the aptitude test, what do they mean by ' kindly confirm your attendance by return mail' ?

Magnate
17th Feb 2013, 09:01
Just reply the mail with something like 'I will/shall be able to attend the interview'

kevough103
17th Feb 2013, 09:41
Guys who knows what the 'aptitude test' means and for those who have been invited for the interview kudos and it will be nice if we work as a team.I have also been invited

nyongesan
17th Feb 2013, 09:49
Regards! I just did that. So if you dont get to reply the mail in time, will you not be included in the numbers and automatically disqualified from the interviews???

Magnate
17th Feb 2013, 09:59
Mmmhh..I do not think so. But i think it is good to reply in good time to aid them in planning well for the interviews.

nyongesan
17th Feb 2013, 10:13
So what's in store for us in the aptitude test? What are we to carry with us apart from the requirements aforesaid in the mail? Do we need pens, calculators and so forth....

kevough103
17th Feb 2013, 11:04
Av been called for the aptitude test on 22nd and i had applied last year dec how many people are goin that day also?

kevough103
17th Feb 2013, 11:10
@magnate nd nyongesan hi guys where is the head office located is it the one in embakasi?

kasa
17th Feb 2013, 11:39
can you show me what you you experience on the first & second day of interview.

Magnate
17th Feb 2013, 11:52
You just need a pen. The Math is just high school stuff.
The head office is the Embakasi one. I used to operate from Juja-bypass, Ruai, then alight at KQ offices.

kush-d
17th Feb 2013, 13:47
@mangnet just out of curiosity are the one's attending the interviews on the 22nd the direct entry or ab initio am kind of confused.

kevough103
17th Feb 2013, 14:49
@kush am attending on 22nd am Ab initio bt av read posts that there mayb direct entry also

Magnate
17th Feb 2013, 16:20
You will do the first 4 interviews i.e. the aptitude, psychometric, psychomotor and the medicals together (both the ab initio and the direct entry).

Captainosis
17th Feb 2013, 16:40
somebody help me on the password thing

Magnate
17th Feb 2013, 19:31
Right now am not there. Was there last year.

Bermuda
18th Feb 2013, 15:18
Hey guys, would any of you assist with the commuter bus number one boards from town which passes through the kq offices or any easier way one would any of you would propose

wannabe aviator
18th Feb 2013, 16:27
Hey guys, anybody else who has been called up for the aptitude on Thursday???

kush-d
18th Feb 2013, 17:00
@wannabe have you been called for the interviews if you have when did you receive your invitation e-mail?

wannabe aviator
18th Feb 2013, 19:33
@Kush-d haven't recieved anything yet

kevough103
19th Feb 2013, 07:27
hi guys i think if we want to help each other out by posting any updates we should select a certain time that we are all logged in so tha we can maximumly make use of each others advice,opinions and suggestions.....infact i kindly suggest tha we be meeting online at around 8pm...

Karlto
19th Feb 2013, 09:56
Haha, kevough103 I like the way you think, but I'd suggest this. From page 1 of this forum, people have been sharing about all parts of the tests so you should check out previous posts, alot of information is even recurrent so it will be monotonous to post again.
All the best!

aspiringpilot
20th Feb 2013, 14:59
Just wanted to note the incredible growth of this thread over the last 3 years since I wrote the first post in 2009. Unfortunately I didn't get in back then but still hope to fly some time. For those of you who will not make it, keep the faith!!! All the best. :ok:

Brainiarc7
22nd Feb 2013, 13:37
I'm also new at this.
So, its' safe to assert that the applications for the KQ Ab Initio Training program start in March, right?

Zeus Kanathi
23rd Feb 2013, 11:33
Whoa, it is now two weeks after the surprising oral interview, two weeks after KQ said they will communicate. This waiting and consequently the anxiety that culminates from it is to say the least very unhealthy. So for those currently undergoing interviews and for future interviewees, 'Do not be anxious about anything'. Patience is the ultimate weapon for the survivors. Cheers:ok:

Jay36
25th Feb 2013, 08:07
Emails for the psychometric test are in, check your inbox ladies and gentlemen.

wannabe aviator
25th Feb 2013, 08:30
When is the psychometric?

Jay36
25th Feb 2013, 08:34
Tomorrow, 12:45pm for me, haven't heard from anybody else.

kasa
25th Feb 2013, 15:45
that time is good.

UA405
25th Feb 2013, 22:23
Hi Zeus, i inboxed you, are you aware of the schools you are going to, whether progress or 43?

kibz2005
26th Feb 2013, 13:27
UA405, it took me a while to remember, but it came back to me. is it the WAV or the MAV?

Zeus Kanathi
26th Feb 2013, 13:32
No KQ has not communicated yet. And by the way there's a new flight school that has been added as you have probably seen in the thread. Otherwise once we receive communication from KQ I'll get back to you immediately

MisterToo
26th Feb 2013, 13:33
On schools, we are not sure on which ones we are to join. However, during the orals there were representatives from a school called AIFA and they said they would be taking some..i gues the rest would be divided between 43 and progress....

Bermuda
27th Feb 2013, 14:44
Guys who did psychometric yesterday, anyone been called for the psychomotor???

Muchiri david
28th Feb 2013, 04:46
Hi Bermuda. I guess we are sailing in the same boat, I did my psychometric on Tuesday afternoon but I havent heard from them so far. However, my profile reads neither active nor terminated and this is even more confusing. At what time did you do your paper and what does your profile read? kindly respond as soon as you can, thank you.

Bermuda
28th Feb 2013, 05:09
Hi Muchiri,

My profile reads active still, yet i havent got neither a call nor an email. Tricky stuff this is as the lady said the psychomotor would probably be tomorrow then they should at least by today afternoon communicated.

I was in the second batch on tuesday afternoon.

Muchiri david
28th Feb 2013, 05:14
Thanx brother, now that is some good news to me. lets keep our hopes alive and trust in God.

Bermuda
28th Feb 2013, 05:23
Fingers crossed. Our predecessors kept saying patience is paramount.

Muchiri david
28th Feb 2013, 14:09
Any news so far Bermuda?

Bermuda
28th Feb 2013, 14:36
Eh, none. I hope its just a delay from kq and not that others have been contacted.

Bermuda
28th Feb 2013, 14:40
Would you know anyone else from our lot whom you could ask?

Muchiri david
28th Feb 2013, 14:56
Unfortunately not.

Muchiri david
28th Feb 2013, 15:02
Anyone reading this post and did his/her psychometric on Tuesday afternoon, I appeal to you to let us know whether or not u'VE been called for psychomotor test. Ur kind response is highly appreciated. The anxiety is too much.

Jay36
28th Feb 2013, 15:35
Also did the psychometric on Tuesday(afternoon) and nothing yet...also know of two other guys who are yet to get a response.

Bermuda
28th Feb 2013, 15:41
Good. Temporary relief. Thanks Jay.

Jay36
28th Feb 2013, 15:43
We could be scheduled for next week, don't lose hope guys.:=

Muchiri david
28th Feb 2013, 15:46
Thanks Jay, that is a masterpiece.

Bermuda
28th Feb 2013, 15:54
Yah, they cant both notify and call us in for psychomotor tomorrow. We almost certainly have been scheduled for next week.

capt Messi
1st Mar 2013, 05:43
I also did my psychometric test on Tuesday afternoon.

The lady said that the Psychomotor would be today, and if not, they will invite us after elections ''after seeing how things will be''. [if there will be violence, and may God forbid ]

Nothing yet for me, hoping that they are scheduled for next week. Lets keep on waiting though this anxiety kills!

capt Messi
1st Mar 2013, 06:13
Hey guys. I have just received a text message from KQ that I passed psychometric and that they will call us in the course of next week.
Who else wannabees?

Jay36
1st Mar 2013, 06:26
They have communicated finally! Psychomotor in the course of next week.:ok:

Bermuda
1st Mar 2013, 06:30
Phew! Same here. The long wait was worth it. We can at least go to the ballot without hypertension.

Muchiri david
1st Mar 2013, 06:35
Yes Jay, finally! Atleast we can now wait in peace. We shall make it in God's name.

305_pilot
1st Mar 2013, 07:04
anyone got word back after doing psychomotor or tuesday or wednesday? I did mine on wednesday!

Bermuda
2nd Mar 2013, 08:16
Hey 305 are you direct entry? I doubt any of the ab initios in our lot have done their psychomotors yet,

UA405
2nd Mar 2013, 19:41
Hey guyz happy to report here, the union prevailed over the company to cap the interest on your loans instead of having them balloon like was becoming the trend, you pay what you sign for. Spoke to an inside member of the Union executive council.
As for the course start dates to SA, i heard it might take a while before they send guyz, they are probably waiting for elections to pass while they also try to evaluate their finances, as you may be aware, the company has been in the red with regards to profits. This is from the grape vine though, but tentatively course allocations could be in a months time, but who knows maybe quicker.

urewawpilot
3rd Mar 2013, 13:11
Hello peeps am curious will the guys in the previous lot travel with the guys going to do psychomotor after elections.

Magnate
4th Mar 2013, 10:20
Thats great news there:D

Geokumu
4th Mar 2013, 11:53
Thank you and Thank you again!! I had given watch to your Previous posts but never answered any. Disheartening they were, despite the truth they contained(Bitter truth the best definition). My question: Do you mean it has turned back to the Interest-free loan it used to be?
Be blessed for caring.
Regards.

Sierrakilo
4th Mar 2013, 14:11
Hey all did psychometrc on tues afternoon no word yet from KQ HR, does that mean game over?. Application on their site still reads active. All the best to those sitting for psychomotor this wk.

305_pilot
4th Mar 2013, 15:19
Bermuda

Yea i'm direct entry!!! anyone else direct entry that has done psychomotor?

Sierrakilo
4th Mar 2013, 18:13
Bermuda,
Am direct entry, did psychometric on Tue no word yet on Psychomotor......

305_pilot
5th Mar 2013, 02:57
sierrakillo

Does it still show active application on the KQ site?

Sierrakilo
5th Mar 2013, 11:46
...yes it still reads active application in the KQ site

capt Messi
5th Mar 2013, 17:42
Has kq communicated to any one of you guys on the actual date of Psychomotor??

Bermuda
6th Mar 2013, 06:20
Sierrakilo

Am as clueless as you are. They just told us that they would call us during the course of this week to invite us for the psychomotors. As to whether their schedule for Direct entries is different i honestly wouldnt know.

And thus far they havent told us the exact date. Id assume they are waiting for the current results stalemate to pass.

Sierrakilo
7th Mar 2013, 03:49
Yeah I thought all the tallying and all would be over by now but I guess tomorrow it could be! Well I guess we continue to patiently wait for HR...

Bermuda
7th Mar 2013, 08:08
Hey,
I just got a call from a KQ career connections lady....the Psychomotor is slated for Monday 7 am at Pride Centre. I tried asking her how many of us had been called she wouldnt reveal. I even asked her about the Direct Entries but she would have none of it.

Geokumu
7th Mar 2013, 09:26
hey!! where are my comrades? zeus? magnate? the well informed mr too? too frustrated to post? does it mean we all failed the orals?because i cant picture two consecutive lots of different successive financial years being flown down south at a go!.any news that can make our lips get dome-shaped or tick-shaped?"but mostly prepared for the latter"

don_quixote
7th Mar 2013, 11:02
At least the accounts are still active on their site.

Jay36
7th Mar 2013, 13:31
Pilapt on Monday 11th, 7a.m.

Jay36
7th Mar 2013, 13:37
Gaekumu finance can be a very interesting and tricky area,so don't be surprised to see two groups been ferried almost or even together. And I tend to think these two groups are on the same financial year,2012-2013.

MisterToo
7th Mar 2013, 14:31
I know most guys in my group are wondering why the silence. just to confirm to you that they are still processing the oral-interview results, I got a call on 5th asking me to confirm my passport number having given out the number of my new passport yet they have the one for which I misplaced. The call was from Dr. Munyi from KQ

Sierrakilo
7th Mar 2013, 14:45
Good luck to all sitting for pilapt on monday.

Zeus Kanathi
7th Mar 2013, 16:56
Geokumu

I'll speak for myself. At this point I really don't have much to say. For me I believe KQ have a pretty good reason as to why they have not communicated yet. Firstly I heard they are currently working on the results of the orals, secondly I heard (from the grapevine though) that course allocations could be in a month or even less. Whatever it is, I trust KQ

Mistertoo

So that means they were working on elections day?

pilotkenya
7th Mar 2013, 18:45
Brace yourself people! Its going to be a long day on Monday but remember, this is the last hurdle you guys will have to jump because after this the orals is just a routine unless you are some super idiot to mess up during the orals, ooh, almost forgot the medicals. Nevertheless, i wish you all the best!

MisterToo
8th Mar 2013, 04:23
I cant tell whether they worked on 4th as they contacted me on 5th around 6pm...

Magnate
8th Mar 2013, 10:49
Haven't heard or received any communication yet. I got too engrossed in Politics. Lets get done with the elections today and then maybe in the course of next week we can follow it up.

don_quixote
8th Mar 2013, 13:42
For those in the know, which documents are these that we have to sign? And can you have someone with power of attorney sign them?

Zeus Kanathi
8th Mar 2013, 17:44
MisterToo

By the way since they called you to confirm your passport number I think you should be in a relatively good place. I believe we all are okay but atleast you have a headstart.

Magnate

What I'm hoping is they don't go beyond next week whether there will be a run-off or not in the on-going electoral process. And if at all they are going to go beyond there atleast they communicate something

Magnate
8th Mar 2013, 19:57
Zeus
I agree. We just need communication, we know our fate. Then even if departure ni next year I won't mind. I just do not like being in the dark for such a long time. Almost everything comes to a standstill.

Andrew Kigen
9th Mar 2013, 07:54
Aspiring pilot - thanks a lot for the info posted.
It is surely of great help to me and others aspiring to join KQ as a professional pilot.

Zeus Kanathi
9th Mar 2013, 19:32
Yeah Magnate. By the way at the end of the day we are all humans. As patient as we might be, I do recognize the fact that sometimes our patience muscles get overworked so much that we really feel the pressure and tension, but our muscles are simply being exercised and hey, an exercised muscle is a healthy and strong one. We should also bear in mind that for the career path that we are taking patience should be one of our major stronghold. This is an opportunity to learn and execute patience. A wise man said patience is not only the ability to wait, but the ability to maintain your calm as you do so

Magnate
11th Mar 2013, 08:30
Yeah, Zeus,
Over the course of last week I noticed something: Being busy really does let time fly. And thats what am going do till they 'surprise' me with that communication.

CAPTAIN SICRI
11th Mar 2013, 13:05
Is it possible to reapply for AB INITIO before 24 months elapses without being detected?

someone help me here i've been out 6 months and am tempted to reapply when the next intake is advertised

Karlto
11th Mar 2013, 15:55
Hi everyone. Is there anyone scheduled for the psychomotor test tomorrow, the 12th or any date ahead of today?

MisterToo
14th Mar 2013, 17:33
Its exactly a month since we went through the oral interviews at the pride centre, today being 14th day of March. Ever since the interviews, there hasn't been any communication from the interviewers even after having promised to communicate in a weeks time.
Are we supposed to assume the 28 of us failed the interviews forcing the employer to take on a new batch;who are at the psychomotor stage. The waiting/curiosity is killing. I bet yahoo could be forced to contact me soon due to the number of times my email is being refreshed per day!! Let just keep on waiting....

Muchiri david
14th Mar 2013, 18:30
Halo. Is there a person from the group that did their Psychomotor on Monday who has recieved any communication yet? And wat do ur A/Cs read? Its such a huge load to bare the anxiety alone. I bet it would be lighter with some company, please post ur positions friends.

Magnate
14th Mar 2013, 19:28
Should we pay them a visit? :sad:
But our applications still read 'active' on the careers website so i guess we should go reload our patience accounts :cool:

Zeus Kanathi
15th Mar 2013, 14:17
Haha, just what you would want to hear form a prospective pilot.
Anyway, I'm sorry that you had failed at one point in the interviews but since you have attended the interviews there is one thing that was strictly emphasized and reiterated at several points in the interview process that you should bare in mind- Integrity Is Key. I presume that is an oblivious part of the interview and if you would manage to fail that part i.e if you are caught, just forget about the AbInitio program because you will never be elligible to participate. So my advice to you is to wait until your appointed time. The wait is long but for a passionate guy like you, it is worth the wait.

Geokumu
15th Mar 2013, 17:04
a...man zeus be candid, be brief man, be precise please, what do you mean or intend to mean because my head is still spinning.

Zeus Kanathi
15th Mar 2013, 18:08
haha. One friend of mine told me I like explaining my points in detail.
Anyway, all I have said is summed up in one statement - Integrity is key. In a nutshell, DO NOT do what KQ has said you should not do

flaps17
16th Mar 2013, 10:29
Well there is a way of going around it. Depends on what your input was for the passport/id no field on your application(primary key),so its simple if you used your national id reapply and use your passport number. This will prevent them from uniquely identifying you once they run an sql query on their oracle database. Some people have managed to go through using this cunning method. However, you still might be caught especially during the psychometric stage,the white lady has a spot on memory and you have a 20 percent chance of being caught. I however suggest that you wait for the ideal time, some people have tried several times and finally passed on third attempt.

CAPTAIN SICRI
16th Mar 2013, 11:12
Thanx guys guess i'll have to wait till the right time.

Are 24 year olds elligible to apply?

kasa
16th Mar 2013, 16:36
Does anyone have any clue when the next interview for ab initio shall be conducted?

Martin13
17th Mar 2013, 05:26
@cpt sicri it may be better to wait since I remember that at some time in the caffeteria before aptitude they gave a stern warning to those who were daring to come back before 24 months, don't get into the black books of kq just wait :)
@mistertoo have you heard any rumours regarding the orals delay?

Zeus Kanathi
17th Mar 2013, 12:52
Yeah. As long as its before your 25th birthday ur elligible to apply

MisterToo
17th Mar 2013, 14:53
Just to elaborate on the age issue, there was a colleague of mine at jkuat who had been invited for the interviews on 22nd feb. Unfortunately he had turned 24 on 17th and Egla couldn't let him take the interviews. So its before you turn 24

@Martin13, I haven't heard of any romour or information pertaining the delay. Still in darkness too.

Zeus Kanathi
17th Mar 2013, 15:40
Wow, that's some important bit of information there, thanks I wasn't aware of that

Martin13
17th Mar 2013, 19:48
Hi guys kq have tweeted that their 777-300ER will be arriving soon and that the B787 battery problem will be fixed in a matter of weeks.
This is great news for and from kq as we now know they'll still need new pilots in the near future. Lets keep praying and waiting for them to call us. All the best guys :}

babisiliop
18th Mar 2013, 08:04
As far as I know according to specialist of doing the specific tests,there isn't pass or fail,it isn't a competition test.
How come they say successful or unsuccessful.

Thanks

bratan
18th Mar 2013, 10:35
guys anyone recieved results from kq for the pilapt done last week?

MisterToo
19th Mar 2013, 11:02
Apparently, there is a group that went for their medicals yesterday. They had taken their pilapt tests in december but could not proceed to the medicals as KQ were yet to receive their kcse certificates! Could this mean another month-long wait!! Sigh...

Tuxx
19th Mar 2013, 12:11
So does this mean they are still part of us or they will wait for the current group doing tests to take their orals with them? The waiting is becoming a test on its own....:bored::confused:

Zeus Kanathi
19th Mar 2013, 15:19
I think there could be three scenarios here.
One, maybe the group that went for medicals are part of the lot currently undergoing interviews because I reckon they did their pilapt last week and some have not yet received answers. Maybe some did
Secondly, they could be part of us as MisterToo has rightly put it, but they could be slotted together with the current lot for the Orals so that they proceed together. If you analyse this thread you will find that it is very possible.
Finally, it could just be true that they are part of us and we are waiting for them

Geokumu
19th Mar 2013, 16:19
mr. too i do believe in almost all your utterances to the point of almost betting my neck of their surity but here comes a case that needs a bit of interrogation so pliz juz take it positively .How did u know about this medical thing that has fallen as a semi-tragedy to me and my friend who constituent's our almost-assumed lot?pliz do tell me because i need to know and please dont mistake me for a doubting thomas..and besides, am shocked with my other friends who has already verbally contributed without being assured...

MisterToo
19th Mar 2013, 17:05
Now that people are inquiring more on the guys who went for medicals, this is how I got to know about it. I got this information from the lady interviewee we were with during the orals. One of those who went for the tests happens to be her friend and he called her to inform her. They were 5 in number: 3 took pilapt in december (with most of you) then the 2 are in the latter group that came in around february. Thats all i know..

Zeus Kanathi
19th Mar 2013, 18:18
Feel free to voice your opinion nobody will stereotype you here as far as my observation is concerned. However, I think it's wise and in our best interest to analyse the possible scenarios that would arise from the information shared by MisterToo. That's why in my analysis I have neither agreed nor disagreed with MisterToo. However, we should consider the possibility that he could be saying the truth. As far as speculation is concerened all possible outcomes must be considered

JoegeAviat
19th Mar 2013, 19:55
Hi, anyone know when the next recruitment will happen

paul kariuki
19th Mar 2013, 20:56
someone to please confirm here. I know this comes as a sparking message to those who are nearing, or better yet, are over the 24 years mark!!

on the other hand its a depressing message for those with no university degree.

just logged to my account and noted the new qualifications requirements for aspirants to apply for the ab initio.

these are :- "University Degree
Mean grade B plain or
equivalent and B in Maths,
English and Physics
Must be Kenyan citizens aged
18 and above but not beyond
28 years
Minimum height of 5'4'' and a
maximum of 6'2''

someone in the know how please confirm this!

Magnate
20th Mar 2013, 05:25
Yeah. It is true. I have seen it.

Tuxx
20th Mar 2013, 07:07
Confirmed the requirements have changed. Opening the playing field for a lot more people, means more competition for guys applying now.

Zeus Kanathi
20th Mar 2013, 08:47
You are a graduate?

kevough103
21st Mar 2013, 10:26
wah competition is getting tougher now seems like al have to meet you guys after my degree 2016.....thats really quite far missd my holy chance this feb

Zeus Kanathi
21st Mar 2013, 10:59
You didn't get to the pilapt stage?

Cairo_n
22nd Mar 2013, 01:06
hey guys n girls,
Can KQ allow you to do the tests if you dont have a degree? but have a degree equivalent?
For instance i have a diploma in engineering and a ppl,but no degree,will i be sent off during the next lot if i apply?

CAPTAIN SICRI
22nd Mar 2013, 06:51
If the qualifications have changed then that must be goodnews...coz when the 24months elapses i'll be 24 n with a degree...hope this is not a hoax

Jay36
22nd Mar 2013, 07:34
Hi guys, those who took the pilapt test on 11th March kindly check your accounts..I hear of guys whose applications have been terminated and some even received regret mails:sad:

kevough103
22nd Mar 2013, 09:08
unfortunately i dint get to the pilapt stage bt am up again i'll have a degree by the time am applying again....... i wish u best of luck!!!!!@capt scri which year are you now at the university?

kasa
22nd Mar 2013, 09:23
I applieed before this degree issuie was added for qualifications,will this axe fall on me also?

bonibones
22nd Mar 2013, 09:45
its good news for those who had lost hope with their grades and age.but it means tough competition in the near future.for those like me who were not successful from the previous interview(s) lets get the degree and try again.wishing success to those are in their final stages of the interview.one virtue that one has to posses with kq is PATIENCE.all the best

CAPTAIN SICRI
22nd Mar 2013, 12:15
am currently a 4th yea 2nd semister but i have one more year to graduate

Javier Hernandez
22nd Mar 2013, 14:05
Moment of silence for those of us in the school of architecture. Having started campus last year, I just have to forget about the Ab initio program. I applied before the change in requirements but wasn't called. My account is still active though. They have advertised for the position and they want a degree. I feel cheated but all in all, God has a plan. All the best to those who are still in it. For those who are in the same position as me, remember Job praised the Lord even when he lost everything.

Zeus Kanathi
22nd Mar 2013, 18:22
Thanks for your wishes. I also appreciate your fighting spirit. You'll make it my friend.

ChegeAviator
23rd Mar 2013, 07:15
Hi guys! I had applied for the Ab Initio program on 7th Dec last year before the requirements change. I immediately got the notification email that the application was successfully submitted. In January, 2 of my friends, who had applied after me, got a rejection email, I did not get it and my application status still remained "Active". About 5 weeks ago, they got another email calling them for the first tests. I also did not receive that email and my status still remained "Active" and is still active to date. This left me very confused. I visited The Pride Centre on Wednesday 20th March to find out what may have happened but instead I was patched through to someone in HR who informed me that there were problems with that application and that they would be opening another one on Friday 22nd March and that in this new application they would lower the KCSE requirements and they would be targeting graduates. So, first thing yesterday morning I checked the careers portal and true to their word, there was a new application posted with lowered KCSE requirements and a degree requirement. I being a recent graduate of engineering (finished in Dec, graduating in June), I promptly applied for the new application.

My confusion is that I now have two active applications, for Dec 7th and March 22nd, and I am wondering whether this may pose a problem.

Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Tuxx
23rd Mar 2013, 07:57
Yes I am, finished my degree last year in December awaiting graduation.

Bermuda
23rd Mar 2013, 08:24
Hey Jay36,

Do you know of specific guys who've had their accounts deactivated or received regret mails? Coz mine is still active but i dont want to get all elated just yet..... May want to be certain they have deactivated some accounts and sent regret mails.

kevough103
24th Mar 2013, 10:14
capt scri that's cool buddy you are nearing the next application.....@zeus man thanks.....however i would advice generally guys to have plan B if possible .coz you never know.....and guys well meet some time to come on kQ those who have managed this far kudos and represent us well ......one advice never give up on your dreams let it give in to you.....

Jay36
24th Mar 2013, 15:30
Yea, a close pal of mine got his terminated and received a regret e-mail:sad:.I also know of another guy whose application now reads "terminate". Let's keep the hope though.

Bermuda
24th Mar 2013, 16:13
Thanks for the information. Nothing to do now than really just wait up....hope kesho they will communicate with the rest of us so we know where we lie.

Geokumu
24th Mar 2013, 18:14
a candid peace of advice my friend.dont have expectations of that 'kesho' thing in this abinitio qualification proccess..we, your predeccessors have banked hopes on it till we were left dump! anyway, hopes pushes men and the world at large forward....

Bermuda
24th Mar 2013, 19:07
Point duly noted my man. This will be a long process that i sufficiently gathered from earlier conversations on this thread.

Captainosis
25th Mar 2013, 21:25
Captain Sicri just read this thread from the beginning and you`ll have a rough approximate.

urewawpilot
26th Mar 2013, 09:55
Who knows whether this years group have done their medicals.

MisterToo
26th Mar 2013, 12:43
Capt Waweru, I can send you the contacts to Julianna KQ clinic you ask her cause I am sure she can confirm that..

kibz2005
26th Mar 2013, 12:46
do you really think it's wise to be calling up a company that you wish to work for, constantly asking for updates?

urewawpilot
27th Mar 2013, 09:56
Mister Too I think we are in the same boat or should I say plane. I just needed the information so as to create a possible timeline since I think we would be leaving with the next group. Who has been having the same thoughts?

Martin13
28th Mar 2013, 02:32
Morning guys, Kenya airways put up an advertisement for ab initio on page 57 in yesterdays daily nation, for those interested it has all the new requirements and explains how one should apply, all the best :)
Mister Too an co. this is a good sign that in one way or the other we'll definitely get called soon, since the process is still on.

MichelleMM
29th Mar 2013, 13:26
hey guys,
I have been trying to apply for the ab initio sponsorship program but have been unable to.

I read that the deadline for application was on the 31st of December 2012 but unfortunately i had not got my results yet. I am therefore wondering how often this program is on for and how long i will have to wait in order to apply.
I am also not sure what to do once i apply. Should I await an automated response then send my curriculum vitae or what exactly is expected of me?

Magnate
30th Mar 2013, 21:01
Now that all the election stuff is over, I hope KQ will expediate the remaining stages.

Orindajeff
31st Mar 2013, 08:29
Yes am so happy elections are over..Sasa tujenge taifa....!
So who might have an idea of when the new recruits for this year might be called for interviews?
Am also worried about the Age issue ....
I read somewhere here that someone was called for an interview on 22 yet he turned 24 on the 17 and was not let through to interviews..
I have been applying for this program every year ever since i cleared high school in 2003. But I had A in maths and physics but B plain in English and they were looking for B+ and above.. I went ahead and got an aeronautical engineering degree..I still applied for same even after the degree. Though then two factors knocked me out the age >24 and the b plain in English... i wasn't taken so i went ahead and got a masters degree still in aeronautical engineering. Now that the grades have been lowered to B plain,,,Basically i qualify but i turn 28 on April 20 one of my former schoolmates and former Ab-initio training beneficiary told me that during his lot there was a guy who was taken at 32 years of age....and with the masters degree I may hear that I over qualify as what i have heard in most AMOs i went job searching in.. Please someone just assure me...if i am in or out of the shortlisting for interview. Deep down in my heart i understand God is working out something here so I Praise his name.. But I don't understand what...

OLOO
2nd Apr 2013, 08:45
OrindaJeff-We are so many in the same boat,I have also never been called for interview since 2003 and now finalizing my masters degree.I got a B+ aggregate grade with A in Maths and Physics with B in English.However I have applied for this years intake and hope that we be considered this time round.Maybe you can share a contact so that we meet and put a strategic plan together before it is too late,we may be lucky this time round,hehehehehe......

futurepilot13
4th Apr 2013, 03:24
applied for this year's ab initio in response to their March 27th advert...but the deadline is on December does it mean the interviews well be next year...or do they have multiple interviews throughout the year for different groups? maybe April/May intake and August/Sept intake? our is it just one?

architect
4th Apr 2013, 04:37
@ oloo & orindajeff.. seems we're on the same boat. what i keep wondering is how they determine the ages. The last time i tried for the ab initio i was turning 25 and they wanted 24 so when they were calling guys i had already turned.. bummer.. then now they've changed it to 28 and am turning 28 next week.. makes me wonder is someone playing a practical joke on me.. hehehe.. :ugh:

Martin13
4th Apr 2013, 07:08
@Mister Too,good morning ,have you heard anything about the five who did their medicals recently? Thanks

futurepilot13
4th Apr 2013, 08:02
hey guys,I applied for this year's ab initio after seeing the advert last month...but the deadline as per the website it's December...! my question is, will we be called for aptitudes and the whole interviews next year or do they conduct several intakes throughout the year for example April/May and August/Sept?

MisterToo
4th Apr 2013, 12:47
Finally! After 49 days of refreshing my email, it just threw in the towel and admitted that i have one unread mail from abinitio! It just came in 49 mins ago! Whats with this number! At least this is not my 49 th post...

Orindajeff
4th Apr 2013, 16:41
Makes me glad to know we are many.. About how they determine the Age sijui.. But these guys should know that personally i am prepared to fly for free....really I just am that passionate about the art of flying.

Zeus Kanathi
4th Apr 2013, 17:06
Glory to God, E-Mails are finally in

Tuxx
4th Apr 2013, 20:06
If that wasn't the greatest test of patience and restraint I don't know what is. Thank God its finally here.:cool:

Magnate
4th Apr 2013, 20:22
who has got the
2nd email from ipride? it is automatically generated. does it say what it says because our applications have been closed on irecruitment as a result of we completing the interview process?

futurepilot13
5th Apr 2013, 02:03
@Magnate it's automatically generated they haven't yet shortlisted those who will go for interviews

ChegeAviator
5th Apr 2013, 09:21
Hi guys! I'm seeing that some of you are saying that you've received emails. Are these emails for the ones who applied last year before Dec 31st or for the ones who applied for the new intake opened March 21st?

nyash
5th Apr 2013, 18:22
what emails?

futurekenyanpilot
6th Apr 2013, 13:21
oriinda never mmake a statement like am prepared to fly kenya airways for free. if you want free flying do your ppl and go fly for free for kws . they will be more than happy to let you fly for free. however with a cpl flying comercial operations in risky weather with a fixed schedule, dont be desperate enough to say you can fly for free. we are all passionate about flying but i cann not fly free forkenya airways. ad rather stay home or accompany a student to mara in a 152 for free. we need opinionated first officers flying our loved ones and not desperate first officers. how will you question your captain if in the first plce you agree to fly to west africas tricky weather for free. as a kenya airways pilot you cant ride amatatu and cant stay in eastlands estates. hustle hard even if you earn your cpl at 40, let kenya airways start you on atleast 300k net anything less go become a flight instructor they get paid the same and not as stress ful as a kenya airways fo

nyash
6th Apr 2013, 17:04
Hi guys.Am new to the team and i have read the post i must say its an eye opener.kudos for the feedbacks.:D.Though for this year the timing is unusual based on the prior threads.For the applicants mentioned above kindly surface and lets work together for updates and motivation.As for the Veterans kindly inform on when to expect the first mail of interview for end MARCH applicants.Thank you

futurepilot13
7th Apr 2013, 08:12
guys, for those of us who applied after the March advert, are we likely to be called for interviews on June,July, August, Sept or October?

Said_Athman
7th Apr 2013, 08:36
@magnate i also got the auto generated mail closing my app on irecruitment :confused:. I did the orals by the way. Guess the orals just smmoked me out of the process. :ugh:.

futurepilot13
7th Apr 2013, 09:20
@ChegeAviator the emails are for thoseof us who applied on March this year....just hoping the whole interview process will happen before June because if they decide to do this later than that, the guys who will succeed will go to south Africa in November. ...that's an awful amount of time

Magnate
7th Apr 2013, 09:55
For those like me who got the automated email from iPride indicating termination of the application:

If you had already received the email for the processing of the "visa", there should be no cause for alarm. Just continue with the application process and lets meet tomorrow-HR indicated that.

futurepilot13
7th Apr 2013, 12:00
@Magnate I don't get it...the whole story about processing of the visas... .was your application of Dec last year or March this year?

Magnate
7th Apr 2013, 13:22
My group and I did our the first 4 interviews in Dec last year and the Orals in Feb

Zeus Kanathi
8th Apr 2013, 05:10
We did our oral interview in February and so we were waiting for communication from KQ to the successful. Those E-Mails are the ones we have received

futurepilot13
8th Apr 2013, 06:31
@nyash are you guys going in june ? and which month do you think those of us applied after you(march onwards) will go?

Orindajeff
8th Apr 2013, 16:35
@ futurepilot
Sorry you misunderstood me in my thread posting..
By saying i was ready to fly for free simply meant that i am that passionate about the art. The remuneration package comes just as a plus and in second place..Hope we meet one day in the cockpit..Ill have lots of questions for you as we sky hope from station to station.

futurepilot13
8th Apr 2013, 21:14
congrats to all of you who have managed to to pass all the tests n will get admitted to AIFA soon.....for the rest if us who are yet to be called for the first aptitudes let's draw inspiration from the departing group n work hard to join them..

UA405
8th Apr 2013, 21:42
To all of you who made it congratulations, more so the ones we exchanged PM's with. I'm positive you will enjoy the training experience. It goes quite fast, but understand the hardwork has just commenced, you will be on information overload from the moment you step into those flying schools, and all of it useful info. To turn you into a professional Pilot. Once again congratulations to those of you who have made it through,

futurekenyanpilot
8th Apr 2013, 21:57
Magnate concrats but i have one concern. how much is the loan and terms you are signing for? the average price of a single engine is from 1100 solo to 1400 dual. a multi is about 2500 rand to 3200 rand.this is the price charged by akina SAFTA and Progress. these are very good schools. many kq crew are from progress and even kenya airforce trains their chaps atSAFTA. most of your flying hours will be solo. dual is just presolo and instrument rating and a few x countries. kenya airways ab initios from progress come back having spend like 6 to 7 million. accomodation is like 1000 dollars per month.on the other hand AIFA charges 1800 rands per hour single enngine and 4500 rand for the muti seminole. with these prices you might come back home with a loan of 9 to ten million and you will spend all your first officer years repaying the loan which has interest remember.

futurepilot13
9th Apr 2013, 04:10
@futurekenyanpilot. one of the advantages of having an association between two institutions is that you get to negotiate terms.. the fees at 43 flight school and progress are also slightly different but inorder to have equality in the amount of loan offered to all students,kq either pays the overheads or negotiates....that's y even the intakes of Kenyans through ab initio sometimes doesn't necessarily coincide with the school's official opening dates

Jay36
9th Apr 2013, 07:30
Its a huge well done to the group that just successfully cleared the interview process and got admitted to AIFA. Congratulations soon to be pilots:D Am part of the group that started the interview process in Feb(22nd) and tomorrow we are going for a medical test. Hope to meet you guys soon down-south. As for those waiting for the invite to start the process, keep the faith and hope up and embrace patience. We wish you the very best. Good day.:ok:

capt Messi
9th Apr 2013, 08:42
hey good people, for those of us taking the medicals tomorrow, lets keep faith as we hope for the best. God has seen us this far

futurekenyanpilot
9th Apr 2013, 08:47
sir have you already gone through the process or you are assuming things? kenya airways never foots any of your bills, you will repay every cent plus interest to the bank. as of now you repay 133000 per month for 8 years thats almost 13 million. actually kq can terminate your contract at any time lets say if you fail your exams or checkride in sa or when you are back working with them and the 13 million is still on you. all said and done i see you are only 21without responsibilities and you may not understand where am coming from. starting your career with a burden of 13 million plus say 2 million for the type rating is abit tricky. i was to go to south africa ab initio in 2005 but my parents refused and send me to university the direct entry way. i even kosanad with them but i do thank them now that am older and mature.if you dont make it call it a blessing in disguise. it might take you ten years to earn your ratings but once u enter kq as direct entry you wil be mature and will develop you life even better than the ab initios who joined ten yrs earlier.

capt Messi
9th Apr 2013, 09:23
I tend to think the same way like you but again, passion has more to do with than 8 Years of ' sacrifice '

nyash
9th Apr 2013, 11:58
I don't know for sure but from the little knowlege I have,KQ's financial year begins in April.So guys who are currently at their final stages or orals were in the previous financial year budget.We who applied for the March 2013 recruitment will in the new financial year budget so we may have to wait till june.But we just speculating so whoever has got more info please shed some light.

nyash
9th Apr 2013, 12:13
we are on the same boat by the way,by march onwards i meant late march and early April but from the look of past threads i think if the 1st interview is to happen June, hypothetically speaking,that means all the applicants from march to may will do that interview.

Jay36
9th Apr 2013, 14:13
Exactly my line of thought Magnate. But am glad the information is on the thread so that one is able to weigh and make an informed decision:ok:

captainbenja
9th Apr 2013, 14:48
hi guys, i applied for the 2013 Kenya airways ab initio, what i don't know is after how long do you think the shortlisting will begin. :confused:. i will appreciate. thank you

futurepilot13
9th Apr 2013, 15:28
@captainbenja we are still waiting but my guess is June

captainbenja
9th Apr 2013, 17:10
Thank you futurepilot13 for your info. I look forward to the opportunity

ngarenjoka
10th Apr 2013, 21:44
Just got the two emails confirming my application! Oooh happy day! Now the wait begins! :ok:

captainbenja
11th Apr 2013, 06:09
@futurepilot13 and sundry, once kq determines you are eligible, how do they notify you to attend the interview? Do they email you or is it through there careers portal?

don_quixote
11th Apr 2013, 08:24
Departure date pushed to 21st.

willfly1
11th Apr 2013, 10:12
just applied n the confirmation has been sent to my inbox, sasa sm1 to tell me what test results mean.
:O

futurepilot13
11th Apr 2013, 14:55
@captainbenja email n I hear at some stages they do call.....but email ni lazma do keep checking
@willfly they are results of the test you did when applying ....the higher your have means you accomplished most of the requirements

Orindajeff
11th Apr 2013, 16:31
Hi all i happened to visit my former school mates who are engineers with KQ and while at it i took an opportunity to visit the Hr department. Well all i can say is that of all offices i have visited in kenya none beats the kq offices.. The discipline, quietness, calm colours......not to mention but the friendly collective of collegues..
I talked to one of the officers who were there and he mentioned that the shortlisting for interviews may be done in mid to late may...So guys just be cool and pray hard.

willfly1
12th Apr 2013, 08:34
thanx man!! have you ever attended any of the interviews which were the hard stages?

futurepilot13
13th Apr 2013, 07:38
@willfly I haven't attended any.....Just applied the other day.....we just have to wait for shortlisting then pray hard

wannabe aviator
13th Apr 2013, 08:08
Anybody willing to share details about the loan for those who put pen to paper?
And those who went for the medical when are you to be contacted?

willfly1
13th Apr 2013, 08:30
@futurepilot, the patience :(:( thing is quite hard to manage putting into account that the shortlisting is only maybe ""just"" 3 weeks ahead but najua we'll make it.

don_quixote
13th Apr 2013, 09:47
The loan is 7.5M on average since the expenditure is different for different students. Interest is 16% fixed for at least 5 years, on a reducing balance and is payable in 10 Years. It has a 27 month grace period.
A point to note on the interest is that the loan will start accruing interest the moment it is disbursed (i.e. when you start using the money) and at the end of the study period, the interest accrued and the principal amount are capitalized to form a new loan which will then continue accruing interest until you finish paying.
As for installments, you can repay the loan in larger installments without a penalty so if you choose to pay in 200K monthly installments and finish the loan in about 6 years then it's up to you.
I hope this sheds some light on the loan arrangement.

nyash
13th Apr 2013, 16:03
someone advise where or hw i cn get hold of this game please for practise?

futurepilot13
13th Apr 2013, 18:19
@nyash go to Microsoft website n find it under downloads but it will be a demo so it won't have all features...the complete package is tricky to get
...plus in a pc you will probably use keyboard but if you have a joystick the better off you are

nyash
14th Apr 2013, 12:19
@futurepilot13 (http://www.pprune.org/members/409167-futurepilot13).Thanks.i have taken a look at the Microsoft downloads and got a full version at pirate bay.well is there one for PS2?

MisterToo
18th Apr 2013, 16:29
Silence has found its way to this thread. Especially by the group that was to leave on15th. Did guys leave??? :eek:

don_quixote
18th Apr 2013, 17:37
KQ went silent since last week.

willfly1
19th Apr 2013, 07:19
hey was researching and I came across some things that make aviation a blast and crosswind landings are just the ;);) you can check out videos of this as we patiently await the interviews.:ok::ok:

BK_Olande
19th Apr 2013, 10:07
Hi guys,
I'm new here. I applied for the ab initio program in march,and i wanted to ask if any of you guys have received any information concerning the interviews and when they are likely to begin?

Chungune
19th Apr 2013, 15:21
can anyone tell me whether the program is still on and if so how i can apply for an interview for 2012 intake?

kasa
19th Apr 2013, 16:54
wow! applied in march thats wonderful .i think they ussually invite guys 4 interview after 6 months from date of advertisement so be patient

captainbenja
19th Apr 2013, 18:19
@futurepilot13. First i laud you for your comprehensive answers. Kindly, does kq notify unsuccessful applicants? How many people attend the first interview? Days are going slowly,cant wait for that day. Interview 1. It will mean a lot even if i fail coz flying is in my dna...

capt Messi
19th Apr 2013, 20:50
Nowadays, its unpredictable as to when interviews may be conducted bearing it in mind that our group got invites for the interviews at a time that no one would have expected,ie,even before our immediate predecessors were through with their interviews ..

Any one got the results for the last week's but one medical test?

futurepilot13
20th Apr 2013, 03:29
@captainbenja the first interview is hard to predict but around june we might be called...be a regular email checker n this forum too...the unsuccesful applicants usually know because their application status in kq website reads 'terminated'..

Daniel john
20th Apr 2013, 04:56
What if your application still reads active since 2011 but no e-mail,am i still in it?

futurepilot13
20th Apr 2013, 11:06
@daniel u have to call the HR or go there physically to sort it out

nyash
20th Apr 2013, 12:52
we in 2013!!

BK_Olande
20th Apr 2013, 14:37
@futurepilot thanks!
@kasa yes..i was checking their site everyday until the recruitment portal was opened so i applied even before the newspaper advertisement.
and for those that were called to the interviews,wat were your test scores?(the score they email you at the early stages)

Orindajeff
20th Apr 2013, 18:33
I need a good professional joystick for playing my favourite game online FS2004 any ideas.

futurepilot13
21st Apr 2013, 12:38
@cptbenja well, everybody shortlisted has passed in kcse,they share the same passion as you so the compe is great.....plus they take around 10 out of the hundreds who go for interviews...

Jetdriver
21st Apr 2013, 16:40
A reminder.

Please do not post in "text speak" or other abbreviated language. By all means PM each other in that medium, however even allowing for the obvious fact that English is far from being everyone's first language, it is irritating to read such lazy prose from the same few people.

Communication is central to this particular profession, and a little more effort in this regard as it relates to this thread will enhance the reading experience for everybody.

nominated_pilot
22nd Apr 2013, 06:48
Hey guys? I recently joined the forum but i have been following what you guys have been contributing for some time now and it has been very helpful. I did my psychomotor test on the 26th of February and the last form of communication by KQ was by e-mail where they asked me to submit my KCSE certificate. My application still reads active. However i was wondering if there is anyone in this forum that was in my group. If so please reply.

nyash
22nd Apr 2013, 15:53
Am also in the hunt for a joystick.whoever gets it first,inbox please.

Jay36
24th Apr 2013, 11:18
@nominated pilot, nobody proceeds beyond the psychomotor if they haven't submitted their KCSE certificate,,so very likely you didn't submit yours. My advisce, get in touch with KQ HR because it's very likely you passed the psychomotor and that's why your application still reads active. I think you and I were in the same group..we just did medicals two weeks ago.

nominated_pilot
24th Apr 2013, 11:20
I already submitted my KCSE certificate but i haven't received any form of communication still.

BK_Olande
26th Apr 2013, 22:48
Hi,
when did you guys apply fir the Ab Initio and when did Kenya Airways begin calling you for interviews? I am just very eager and im trying to come up with a possible time frame for us,the 2013 applicants. Thanks in advance.

Karinge joseph
28th Apr 2013, 08:42
that is very good.How do i apply for the same?

Eunice
29th Apr 2013, 09:33
I can see you have already applied, please help out ...where are the application forms and what are the requirements
Thanks

captainbenja
29th Apr 2013, 15:58
Hi guys, anyone with KQ's email address?

futurepilot13
29th Apr 2013, 16:27
@Eunice it's an online application..go to kq's website and look under careers...click on the recruitment portal...first create an account then look for the ab initio pilot trainee under jobs and fill the rest

Eunice
30th Apr 2013, 13:36
Thank you futurepilot13, I have filled the form. Is there anything else or i just wait for them to communicate, further assistance will be highly appreciated.

nominated_pilot
30th Apr 2013, 16:28
Finally. KQ replied and i am going for my medicals this thursday the 2nd of may. So relieved, thank God.

Pilot_W
30th Apr 2013, 17:09
Hey nominated pilot. When did you do your psychomotor test? and do you have an idea how many of you have been called for the medical?

futurepilot13
30th Apr 2013, 17:35
@Eunice I'm guessing you've already gotten two emails to notify you that kq had received your application...(check your mail)....after that you just have to wait until the shortlisting is done and people called...I too applied in March we are still waiting...

DirectPilot
1st May 2013, 12:37
Any direct entry guys that have heard from kq since they confirmed we passed our medicals? I hear we dont necessarily have to do flight tests on the same day

Pilot_W
1st May 2013, 13:39
@nominated pilot. Was just confirming if there was another lot for medicals. All the best in your medicals tomorrow.

kasa
3rd May 2013, 18:05
For those who did medicals i wish you all the best in the next stage.thanks

captainbenja
9th May 2013, 08:30
Shortlisting has not yet started?

nyash
9th May 2013, 14:31
No communication yet.still waiting this is my second month!:ugh:

futurepilot13
13th May 2013, 06:34
@nyash my good guess is that we'll be called the first week of June...this year's intakes have been exactly like the one in 2011 , the same group that is returning from SA...

nyash
13th May 2013, 18:08
@futurepilot13.i dint realize that.june is just at the corner.hope it goes as you say.

305_pilot
15th May 2013, 11:39
@futurepilot13 and @nyash... emails sent yesterday for flight test! inbox me your numbers and ill put you on the whatsapp group we have.

BK_Olande
15th May 2013, 14:48
when did you guys apply? and are any of you ab-initio applicants?

captainbenja
16th May 2013, 06:38
the wait continues...any advice on how we can nail the interviews in case we are called?

nyash
18th May 2013, 17:20
are the mails for direct entry applicant or ab inittio?

futurepilot13
20th May 2013, 08:21
do you guys think that kq will seriously not call people without degrees?that part of the minimum requirements is so stressing

ChegeAviator
20th May 2013, 12:45
Yes, the minimum degree requirement is frustrating, I know. Thank God my parents advised me to go to Uni first after clearing high school in 2007. Having a degree will really help your career progression in KQ and in any other airline for that matter. I've got a pal who went in for ab initio straight after high school in 2006. He came back and found out that his high school credentials will not take him far within KQ and therefore was forced to enrol for an IBA degree in USIU. Now he's in his final year but has really struggled to juggle his course work and fly at the same time.
My advise to you is to go get a marketable degree of your choice then enrol for ab initio. I'm sure you'll still fall in the 18-28 age bracket when you finish and you'll have the added security of your degree should anything go wrong. :ok:

nominated_pilot
20th May 2013, 13:11
Are you a pilot or you've also enrolled for the Ab Initio?

wannabe aviator
20th May 2013, 14:06
A KQ HR lady told me that for those who applied last year when the minimum requirements were high school grades and haven't attended interviews, you will be called soon and they'll vet you according to the minimum requirements of 2012. For those who applied recently (2013) will need a degree. Its been a long wait for me, almost a year now. Hope mail comes soon

ChegeAviator
20th May 2013, 15:16
I applied for the new Graduate opening in March. The wait is killing me! But I was advised by those who've gone ahead that patience is a virtue when dealing with KQ, especially for ab initio. I've been checking my mail every morning from March 23rd for that invitation email. They really know how to test us...:ugh:

nominated_pilot
20th May 2013, 17:34
Tell me about it.Already did my medicals but the waiting game still continues:(

Thierry14
20th May 2013, 20:41
what degree are you guys talking about?

DirectPilot
21st May 2013, 17:36
@ChegeAviator having a degree does not in any way affect your career progression. They added it to the minimum requirements for ab initio simply because they are looking for older (mature) people.

FLYDHC8
21st May 2013, 19:11
@ChegeAviator.

Unless you want to go into management at KQ, I don't think have a degree has anything to do with your progression as a Pilot. I have seen Pilots without a university degree go up to the position of Chief Pilot in many airlines. Like DirectPilot rightly said, I reckon the requirement to have a Degree must be because the company is looking for more mature applicants. This is one of the reasons most major US carriers ask for a university degree too.

Personally I think having a degree is a good backup so one can have something to fall back on if anything goes wrong or if one decides to venture into other things apart from flying.

As a Pilot, having a degree or not doesn't affect your career progression in anyway.

ChegeAviator
22nd May 2013, 04:54
Thierry 14, KQ have increased their minimum entry requirements to a university degree.

I do not dispute that you don't need a degree to become a pilot and yes, the main reason KQ have changed the minimum requirements to a University degree is because they are looking for more mature applicants after bad experiences with some high school graduates. But, if you do your research well, you will see that airline pilots who hold managerial positions have a university degree of some sort, some all the way to a Master's degree. I don't think that anyone is applying for a pilot job in an airline just to fly planes and go home in the end without having any other responsibilities; I could be wrong though.

In my opinion, it does not hurt to get a degree, the exposure you get from campus is more beneficial than detrimental to your life.