PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Chevchelios
10th Mar 2012, 12:06
Yo Evroza, pilotkenya, Gladys how about we make a toast to mediocrity? Have a party for those of us who were so mediocre we couldn't even jump over the first hurdle?!!

Evroza
10th Mar 2012, 12:12
@Chev, am still in denial. Still hoping I'll get called

Chevchelios
10th Mar 2012, 12:23
Evroza I'm obviously just kidding. Also have my fingers crossed especially considering I did my aptitude on Tuesday and everyone from Tuesday seems to have been called. But seriously though,I called Career Connections and they told me they have more psychometric tests scheduled for next week. They just didn't tell me when exactly so there's still a chance. All we can do is wait..the agony!!!:sad:

Evroza
10th Mar 2012, 16:21
@Chev, did she hint at an interview or did she specifically state there would be other psychomeetrics this coming week?

judygladys
10th Mar 2012, 19:11
@Chev ,Ouch! Why didn't you tell us these breaking news early enough.? Let us wait. Update me incase of anything@all of you.

Chevchelios
11th Mar 2012, 09:08
She said there's more psychometrics this coming week. She was quite unambiguous. So ya'll who did your aptitudes on Wednesday should be easy. What do you guys think my chances are considering I did my aptitude on Tuesday? Solid 0?!!!

pilotkenya
11th Mar 2012, 18:28
yes!!!!.....people! I just got called for a psychometric test on wednesday 14th!!!....am so H.A.A.PP.Y!! KEEP CHECKING YOUR MAILS PEOPLE!!

Evroza
11th Mar 2012, 18:34
Mee tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wooooooohoooooooo!!! I was so losing hope!! Yeah Thank you Jesus! Mine is on the 14th

Evroza
11th Mar 2012, 19:11
I changed them back after much thought. Just decided to trust in God! By the way yours is on 13th (Tuesday); don't get that messed up and miss out! :ok: You also might want to edit that post of yours before you get banned for text speak.

Evroza
11th Mar 2012, 19:14
Oh, sorry about that, I thought i had seen 14th on your post. See you then. I will be the guy with the funny beard and receding hairline. You couldn't miss me

mogozchumba
12th Mar 2012, 09:43
All the best for those who have been invited for test this week. God bless you.

Evroza
12th Mar 2012, 10:07
All the best to you to Mogz, There is something about the people who always participate in this thread; most of them always make it even if not on the first attempt. Bless you all

pilotkenya
12th Mar 2012, 13:31
any1 with ideas what the psychometric tests will contain?? I wil be very greatful.

Vc10Tail
12th Mar 2012, 18:57
Does anyone know if Direct First Officer entry candidates have also been called to do these tests in the past week or rumours that they might be called anytime soon?

Thanks and good luck to those that get called.

Ndambz
12th Mar 2012, 19:01
Hey guys,
I am already in SA - progress- I actually am in the last group that came down south in December.
Be patient and persistent if u dont get feedback , wait and enquire from Eglaa, and of course believe in God's Grace.

We did panic more than u guys.
Welcome to the South.

Evroza
12th Mar 2012, 19:18
I have read several posts from your group, just didn't anticipate this degree of panic and anxiety! Hope you guys are doing well down there, i hear you just started solo. Wish us some luck, hope to be joining you soon! Say hi to Dravida, he helped me a lot!

jameselevun
13th Mar 2012, 13:33
@ndamz you can say that again!!!i can still remember the feeling!!A note to all guys whore doing the tests now,please ensure your weight is ok....to prevent heartbreak further down the line!!!anyway lets see if i can get back in line!!cheers and best of luck!!

Evroza
13th Mar 2012, 14:03
@james, my BMI should be fine. Just am worried about my blood pressure. Tested last week, it was 120/65 . That upper value scares me. What is the maximum they accept?

Delt
13th Mar 2012, 15:02
@Evroza I think your bp is on point wikipedia blood pressure and check out the normal readings. For those who have done the psychometric test I would strongly advice that you start preparing for the psychomotor that test is no joke, to me it was the hardest stage. I reached medicals last year and also have to ensure you are in good shape by the time you get there. Good luck to you guys.

Evroza
13th Mar 2012, 18:06
Thanks james, it had been bothering me so much i thought the values would worsen. Right now am focused on the prize.

pilotkenya
14th Mar 2012, 10:10
Finally we did the pschometric test today. We were 27people. It was quite challenging but we wil know the results by next week Tuesday. Now the panick and impatience begin.

Evroza
14th Mar 2012, 10:51
pilot, the panic for me begins early this time. I might have messed up writing the S n backwards. I just trust in God

pilotkenya
14th Mar 2012, 11:50
Evroza relax! Me i couldn't even recall any white food other than ugali and rice. I hope they mark Ugali.

Cptn.Bellah
14th Mar 2012, 15:01
whats psychomotor going to be about if we pass 2dayz M.profile??:hmm:@ pilotkenya ialso wrote ugali:) in the verbal part i almost wrote Kiswahili words:O:O!

pilotkenya
14th Mar 2012, 15:39
Bellah i hear its about using a joystick to keep a moving vertical and horizontal line at the centre and also shape and colour recognition. If you read the earlier comments on this thread, you will gather alot of information.

Jetdriver
14th Mar 2012, 17:04
Yet another reminder to please write in English and not in "text."
Any posts in textspeak will be deleted.

MisterToo
15th Mar 2012, 13:30
jameseleven , whats the recommended weight

Evroza
15th Mar 2012, 17:56
@pilotkenya, once you receive contact from KQ kindly let me know. I am not so sure about this round :(

pilotkenya
15th Mar 2012, 18:06
evroza i also think this time it won't be easy. Has the first group been called for the psychomotor test?

Evroza
15th Mar 2012, 18:24
contact should be tomorrow. am really shaky about this time. The blunder i told you about is giving me sleepless nights. I just trust in God.

pilotkenya
15th Mar 2012, 19:02
i even hear psychomotor is even more harder than psychometric. All we can do now is to wait in prayer.

pilotkenya
16th Mar 2012, 08:13
any news people???

Evroza
16th Mar 2012, 08:58
Still shaky but hoping I'll get invited for the psychomotor next week. The lady wasn't that specific about who would get contacted today. My understanding is that they would call and email as from today. Though considering the interviews are on monday and teusday, bets are on today and latest sunday. If anybody gets contacted kindly let us know. Best of luck everyone!

mcraig
16th Mar 2012, 09:11
did the psychometric on Friday...anyone been contacted??
....this anxiety!!!

Evroza
16th Mar 2012, 12:29
Okay, by the grace of God I have received an invitation for the psychomotor interviews on 20th at 4pm. Though the email looks kind of strange am not sure if its somebody playing a prank on me. It has a blue banner written Wangu Kiuru career connections. Can anybody confirm to me the appearance of this mail if you have received it? Pilot...anyone? :)

mogozchumba
16th Mar 2012, 12:32
check your mails invitations have been made on psychomotor test:ok:

MisterToo
16th Mar 2012, 12:34
i am in receipt of the pilapt test invitation on teusday 1.00pm. its from Wangu Kiuru.....:=

pilotkenya
16th Mar 2012, 13:49
just got mine people......wuhuu!!! So happy!!! Tuesday 1pm!

dan wenseslous
16th Mar 2012, 15:45
how did you aplly it i have been tring for the last 14 months but haven't seen the application forms please help me

dan wenseslous
16th Mar 2012, 15:55
how did you apply it friend i'm dying to have it please help me i have searching for it but i haven't found it

Delt
16th Mar 2012, 16:06
Congratulations to those who have made it this far. A tip for the psychomotor get a joystick and play some flight simulator, comes in handy.

pilotkenya
16th Mar 2012, 16:47
Delt,i have been searching for a joystick in town but i havent gotten one. Any place you know that sells them?

pilotkenya
16th Mar 2012, 17:01
@ Dan you must first have a B+ or higher in your mean grade, Maths,English and Physics .

Delt
16th Mar 2012, 17:30
I have no idea where you can get a joystick the first time i used one is when i did the psychomotor at pride center but maybe check out a PC shop.

pilotkenya
16th Mar 2012, 17:38
delt when did you do your psychomotor?

Delt
16th Mar 2012, 17:42
I did the psychomotor last year. It was the hardest stage so I'd advice you to be very careful on this one.

Evroza
16th Mar 2012, 18:08
@ pilot. i cant seem to get one either. would say Sarit or village market be having a video games section which has a joystick or something? Kindly inbox me if you land any luck! as for Dan , to apply you need a B+ and above. Visit career.kenya-airways.com and create an account. fill in your details and wait for the next bunch of interviews. If you need any help just inbox me. Good luck!:ok:
@delt Thanks for the tip

pilotkenya
16th Mar 2012, 18:48
:)thank you Evroza.....will communicate to you if i get anything.

pilotkenya
17th Mar 2012, 16:08
i would really appreciate if someone was to advice us on what to expect in the psychomotor test.....i really have no idea. all i know is that it involves a joystick and a mouse. may our mentors down south help us.

Mshukiwa
18th Mar 2012, 02:21
Guys guys guys, y'all relax. Being a pilot in the 21st century means you'll be vetted for the REST OF YOUR CAREER. This is just the start (so i hear) I cant say much but for the psychometric just be fresh, put your mind at ease and all that waka waka jazz. This is cheap stuff !
P.S. 43 Bhisho is on fire, guys are washing out( I'm not trying to scare anyone)....Ace them tests people!

pilotkenya
19th Mar 2012, 11:05
It all happens tomorrow people. All the best and God be with you.

Javier Hernandez
19th Mar 2012, 11:50
For those heading to pilapt, I hope this might ease the pressure a bit. I would have loved to help with the joystick but time is the problem as I have commitments between now and the time you will be doing your pilapt tomorrow. Wish I could Bluetooth it. If you can rush, there is a place where I saw a joystick. Sarit centre 2nd floor. There are two PC shops. Check them there. Relax guys and all the best.

http://jackempire.********.com/2010/06/pilapt-aka-psychomotor-test.html

pilotkenya
19th Mar 2012, 13:16
how much is it Javier?

Evroza
20th Mar 2012, 09:03
Javier: i would really appreciate if i could have a go at your joystick before my interview (4pm). @pilot, all the best bud, I believe God will see us through. See you at the medicals:ok:

pilotkenya
20th Mar 2012, 09:43
thank you Javier but too late. Am going in at 1pm!!.... All the best Evroza, we have come a long way.

pilotkenya
20th Mar 2012, 12:46
just got out of the psychomotor and i tell you. Its CRAZY!! At this point i don't think i will make it. Enyewe, i did it really poorly. All the best people.

mogozchumba
20th Mar 2012, 14:22
Oh God help psychomotor!:E

Delt
20th Mar 2012, 14:34
Don't worry and don't lose hope so fast. When we did the psychomotor one of the guys we were doing interviews with got a 1.1.1 on the trax and a 1.2.3 on the deflection test and he still went to S.A. It's not all about high scores they look for consistency and improvement(I think) in your scores so don't lose hope. As for me the hands was the hardest part i think i answered 50 percent of them wrongly and still made it to medicals. Pray to God, if you've made it this far there's a reason.

pilotkenya
20th Mar 2012, 14:52
thank you Delt. You have no idea how encouraging that post was. God bless you!

MisterToo
20th Mar 2012, 15:02
thanks Delt...u knw where to hit for encouragement....my scores were poor too...its that hoping for the best and expecting the worst......@pilotkenya, we must hav been in the same group...ya 1pm?

Delt
20th Mar 2012, 15:11
You're welcome. Hope you guys have your passports, yellowfever certificates and certificates of good conduct ready because after psychomotor everything moves so fast and if you don't have your documents ready you could be left behind. Imagine that.

pilotkenya
20th Mar 2012, 16:04
how long does it take to get a certificate of good conduct?

Delt
20th Mar 2012, 16:36
It takes two weeks

Evroza
20th Mar 2012, 17:29
:eek: that pilapt was :eek::eek: The deviation indicator really messed me up. I was so confused i didn't even note my scores for that part. Guys, as I've kept saying: trust in God. His grace is sufficient. I trust we will get through to the medicals, orals, ground school, first solo: Just great things instore for us. Just don't loose yourselves along the way. I for one have been so stressed along the way. I think I've developed ulcers:ugh:

Evroza
20th Mar 2012, 17:34
@javier: its cool bro, I think everyone in our group was a complete novice with the joysticks. All scored 1,1,1 on the trax. Guess thats some encouragement to the guys who think they did it all wrong. I know we will make it to SA:ok:

pilotkenya
21st Mar 2012, 04:56
does anybody know how many people they will be taking this year? At least then i can start working out the probability.

Delt
21st Mar 2012, 05:38
Kenya Airways wants as many pilots as they can get, its only that people do not pass their interviews.All in all, i don't think they have a target if they have maybe 25 max but last year they did not reach their goal of recruiting 100 people so they may decide to recruit more.

pilotkenya
21st Mar 2012, 07:05
the psychomotor was from 7 to 4 and each session was 1hour. Each session had 8people that makes a total of 80 people who did the psychomotor. If only 20 people are taken that technically means 2 people per session giving me a probability of only 25% of course with a +-5% error.....and what about the group that flew out on January?? How many were they?

Delt
21st Mar 2012, 08:23
Wow you are really anxious, relax. I am not sure how many people went. When did they say results for psychomotor (PILAPT) will be out?

pilotkenya
21st Mar 2012, 08:33
They said by Friday but its so far.

Delt
21st Mar 2012, 08:43
Friday is the day after tomorrow that is not far, you are lucky. When I was doing my interviews they used to take two weeks to issue results. Just relax you are almost there once you reach medicals it is almost a done deal.

pilotkenya
21st Mar 2012, 11:10
well i guess they say patience pays.

Evroza
21st Mar 2012, 11:23
@pilot, am just as anxious. Friday will come and pass, I know we'll make it. You really can work out those statistics...well, we were actually 54 in total, the last group which i was in had 5 people. KQ does not have a definate number in mind. Like Delt said: they need all the QUALIFIED pilots they can get. If only 5 people will have the desired Pilapt profile then only 5 of the 54 will make it through. Also if only 2 of the five will be medically fit, then only the 2 will make it through. They are not working on the principle that they need only a certain number. They do have their targets but if they realise they aren't going to beat them doesnt mean they will bend the rules just to net a certain number. So just believe in God and yourself.

sneakyrhino
21st Mar 2012, 12:27
They are buying so many planes and doubling in size within 5 years so you best believe they need almost double the number of captains and first officers, so they need numbers, we just need to make it through...

I hope we will all get through! Be encouraged guys! :ok:

pilotkenya
21st Mar 2012, 14:44
it seems Evroza you are right!

farmwe
21st Mar 2012, 18:17
by the way how many ladies attended the psychomotor test?

pilotkenya
22nd Mar 2012, 05:16
sneakyrhino has a point. Even if we fail the psychomotor. It doesn't make sense for K.Q to just take like 5 people who passed while they need over 200 pilots for project mawingu. They will just have to take the best like 20 if they want to meet their target. After all, it doesn't mean that if you fail the psychomotor you woun't be a good pilot. Its just a way of getting to know your strengths. As far as i know, K.Q has ever taken 27 people in march 2010 and 17 in march 2011 down south that tells me a large no. can also be picked Things like tension and shock of seeing a joystick for the first time affect those results. And by the way, that guy told us that we are not compared with the europe benchmark but with the earlier participants of ab initio from Kenya.

Evroza
22nd Mar 2012, 06:35
I have this hunch they will be taking a number greater than 25. @Farmwe, our group didnt have any ladies maybe the rest. I can remember at the morrisby last week there were about 3 ladies; that is in Wednesdays group

Delt
22nd Mar 2012, 07:38
They really do take only the people who only pass, they do not take the majority of those who have passed. Last year around July only 7 people made it to the end of the interviews and went to South Africa. I highly doubt that they take the majority because in the past people have gone to South Africa and after a few months there, they end up not making it for different reasons whatsoever and in result have to come back to Kenya, so i think they take the results seriously. And about the joystick and the shock, that is the reason for being given three chances in the tests requiring joysticks but remember even if you have a score of 1.1.1 it doesn't matter because that score is consistent so don't panic: as long as you don't get a declining score. And remember that majority of the tests did not require joysticks so the overall performance is what they consider because flying a plane is not all about using a joystick, in fact that is only a minor part of flying. Another thing is that Kenya airways has other alternatives of getting pilots/recruits e.g there are direct pilot entries. All in all i think you're okay, most guys in the forum make it through.

pilotkenya
22nd Mar 2012, 10:23
in my shift there was no lady.

farmwe
22nd Mar 2012, 10:33
i have been told that there were only two ladies.....one of them is me..

pilotkenya
22nd Mar 2012, 10:40
then i guess you are lucky.....you have a better chance of getting it.

farmwe
22nd Mar 2012, 11:09
what do mean??and why?

pilotkenya
22nd Mar 2012, 12:13
i think they consider gender balance and you being a lady stands a better chance.

Evroza
22nd Mar 2012, 14:07
@Farmwe, you canlt be serious! All this time that Name sounded so Masculine; couldn't have guessed it. Good luck!

farmwe
22nd Mar 2012, 14:22
:ouch:that is an insult!!
for your information it's Faridah
and thank you

Delt
22nd Mar 2012, 14:33
You're really lucky. Most of the ladies who apply don't even end up doing the aptitude because of height. My friend was meant to do the interviews with you guys but she was 5"3.5, imagine, mind you it was the second time for her to apply (as in after two years of waiting) so congrats. Good luck tomorrow:)

farmwe
22nd Mar 2012, 14:44
Thanks
but that thing for heightis not fair especially to the females.
are you waiting for the results tomorrow?

Delt
22nd Mar 2012, 14:50
I agree with you on the height for girls, and yes i'm waiting.

pilotkenya
22nd Mar 2012, 17:18
farmwe that height is important because of the line of sight when sitted on the cockpit. Not to mention also the controls above you.

odericko2000
22nd Mar 2012, 17:38
Hi guyz, congratulations to all who made it through to the psychomotor:D,

Just wanted to point out that height does matter, why? i have seen some ladies who are so short when they came on line flying training, thats after the training at 43, they were too short they had to sit on like 4 pillows to see infront, and still had trouble reaching the rudder with their feet, after all that had been spent to train them in SA, and besides they could fly very very well, the company had to contend with this shortcoming on their part, if i can call it that but they started becoming stricter on height issues with the ladies.

Goodluck boyz and girls its a great family out here, you will enjoy your training once you come back, but its hard work, people still wash off after coming from the South.

Delt
22nd Mar 2012, 18:08
Hi. If you don't mind me asking how long does it take after 43 airschool, for someone to start flying as a first officer?

Evroza
22nd Mar 2012, 20:01
@Farmwe, sorry but if that hurt, didn't mean it so; @pilot, I understand that after coming back you first sit for an exam to convert your license. Then spend like 5 months learning about company procedures. Then a little training on the Plane you'll be flying. All in all it takes between 7months and 1 year.

Delt
23rd Mar 2012, 04:15
Good luck guys and Evroza thanks for the information.

pilotkenya
23rd Mar 2012, 07:02
any word people???

sneakyrhino
23rd Mar 2012, 07:44
:sad: No word yet, still waiting for the email. I'm refreshing my email like every one minute haha! :ugh:

pilotkenya
23rd Mar 2012, 09:07
this tension is even worse than i imagined

sneakyrhino
23rd Mar 2012, 09:16
Tell me about it, yani I can't even do any work bila thinking about it...someone should just call them and here what's up...tension!

farmwe
23rd Mar 2012, 09:44
thought i was the only one tensed up!!

Evroza
23rd Mar 2012, 10:00
Relax people! We will make it! Tension is high but God is with us.

farmwe
23rd Mar 2012, 12:14
by the way when do they yerminate your application?before or after sending emails to the people who are proceeding to the next level?

Evroza
23rd Mar 2012, 12:27
@ Farmwe, I believe its after they have contacted the proceeding interviewees

pilotkenya
23rd Mar 2012, 12:38
let's have faith people.

Evroza
23rd Mar 2012, 14:33
Just got a text inviting me for Medicals by a KQ Doctor at International House on 30th! Who else?

MisterToo
23rd Mar 2012, 14:41
I passed the pilapt...medicals on 30th. With God all is possible....tumetoka mbali....

Evroza
23rd Mar 2012, 14:49
@MisterToo; God is great I tell you! Its now time to hit the treadmill. After passing the Medicals you are literally in! The Orals are just a formality:ok:

Delt
23rd Mar 2012, 15:25
Congratulations guys:ok:, remember to thank God that you've made it this far.

pilotkenya
23rd Mar 2012, 15:45
still no news. Just crossing my fingers!

m2wazim
23rd Mar 2012, 15:50
:ok: Congratulations to those going for medicals. I know the journey has been tough and to make it this far is all because of The Man Above. All the best as you progress in fulfilling you dreams.

Evroza
23rd Mar 2012, 16:52
@Delt, thanks, I just pray for good health and eyesight. @M2wazim; the lord is good, couldn't thank him enough! @ Pilot, keep praying and don't give up. They probably are still contacting people. If you don't get word you could call HR.

pilotkenya
23rd Mar 2012, 17:47
evroza what were your scores in the psychomotor?

Evroza
23rd Mar 2012, 20:34
Pilot: For the deviation indicator i was pretty messed up. I barely made it to the centre infact the closest i go with both lines was 1cm (Didnt note my scores for this one). As for the Circles and squares guy. I think I got 1 wrong, at most 2. The patterns part wasn't so bad. I think i got about three combinations where both sides contained the pattern. Can't clearly remember. The concentration part. I got 10hits 3 misses for first attempt and 10hits 1miss for the second. Lastly trax, scored 1,3,4.5

Evroza
23rd Mar 2012, 20:44
If you missed out on the messages, check out your mail; they just arrived

pilotkenya
23rd Mar 2012, 21:20
well i guess its Evroza and MisterToo who have gotten the invitation. That leaves me and Farmwe. I hope to hear something by Monday. Congratulations Evroza.

farmwe
24th Mar 2012, 04:38
i have not gotten an invitation yet but my application is still active....i hope that there is another group for medicals next week.do you think we should call the hr to confirm?

pilotkenya
24th Mar 2012, 05:31
Farmwe i think we should.

Migire
24th Mar 2012, 06:04
Firstly i want to conngratulate all of you who have made it to the medicals. It's been such a topsy turvy month for everyone and the anxiety has almost been tangible. I am part of the group that is scheduled for the Company Doc and i have to say that all this has been God's work, rather than mine, as the interview process has been very tough for me personally.

Congratulations to all who were called, in the first place, for the aptitudes. It is a great honour just to be considered by KQ as one of their future pilots and i hope you always keep that in mind. In my opinion, no one has failed in any of the stages. This was simply a selection process which, to be honest, none of us has been ABSOLUTELY certain of the criterion that has been applied throughout. It has been God's will.

Philippians 4:6,7 says: Be ANXIOUS for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

The Lord may have denied you this chance because He probably has something better prepared for you, a fact which you may find difficult to understand at this time. Take heart and be encouraged. In any case, life has to move on. I personally am with you in my thoughts and prayers.

Be well and God bless :)

farmwe
24th Mar 2012, 06:14
what time did you do your psychomotor test?and has anyone from your group been called for the medicals?

pilotkenya
24th Mar 2012, 07:08
i did my psychomotor at 1pm til 2pm and i don't think i know anyone from my group who has been called. And what about you? Do you know anyone in your group who has been called?

Evroza
24th Mar 2012, 07:24
@Migire, couldn't agree with you more. A tough month it has been. Sleepless night, tastless food....It has been a zombie life. Keep, praying, the medicals still lay ahead; you couldn't possibly be certain about your health. Lets all thank the Lord for his ever sufficient grace.
@Pilot and Farmwe, my prayers are still with you; we've come a long way

m2wazim
24th Mar 2012, 07:27
There's a glimpse of hope @farmwe and @pilotkenya. I did my pilapt @3pm but I haven't been called and unfortunately I don't know anyone from my group. @Migire congrats men! Wishing you nothing but the best

farmwe
24th Mar 2012, 09:09
a pal of mine told me that is your application is still active there is hope because if you have not qualified for the medicals your application should by reading terminated by now...actually by yesterday night
all the people who have received the invites did their test before the 11.30am group.....so let's not lose hope

m2wazim
24th Mar 2012, 09:34
Yeah...crossing my fingers and toes :) I haven't checked the status of my application on the website so I think I should.

Evroza
24th Mar 2012, 10:09
@Farmwe, keep praying. As long as your applications are still active do not loose hope

CAPT GOLF
24th Mar 2012, 10:21
congratulations to all who made it to the medicals....i hear after that the next stop is Zulu land.....fly safe when you go down south.....i need a honest opinion though....i applied for this thing in august last year and i haven't received an invite as yet.....should i just forget about it or keep waiting......when is the next group going to be called.....and do i have a chance for a slot in the interview.......this has always been my dream but i cant keep wasting my time......and wallowing in uncertainty please advise

pilotkenya
24th Mar 2012, 13:31
this comes as a depressing message but nevertheles. I have run the race and i did my best. I got 3,3,3 in the deviation, 11 hits 3 misses in the concentration and 4,6,6 in the trax but i just logged into my portal in K.Q and my application has been terminated. I really can't explain it but maybe there is a better explanation by God. Well, all hope is not lost, i am just going back to my Mechanical degree and i belive one day i will be the one servicing you planes people. All the best Evroza!! Don't worry about the Medicals. Utapita!!
At Farmwe don't lose hope. Keep checking.

Evroza
24th Mar 2012, 14:31
@Pilot, damn you really outperformed me in the PILAPT. Well, all the best in life and thanks very much. You obviously did very well so I guess we just have to say it all is for the best. Everybody has their breakthrough, just trust in the Lord. Starting first doesn't necessarily mean leading; people get washed out. May the Lord be with you.. The fighting never ends

farmwe
24th Mar 2012, 14:42
wow!u did extremely well in the pilapt...
mine is still active but now am just tensed up maybe it will be terminated inthe next minute:{

vikkybolt
24th Mar 2012, 22:03
I am going in for my medicals on Monday 26th March at 08.30 am....All the best guys who've also made it to the medicals. Through faith,lets all meet in SA!!! :ok:

Masinde Gift
26th Mar 2012, 08:09
Hey guy,have waited for the reply for so long that am nearly giving up on this matter. how did you post your application?

Evroza
26th Mar 2012, 09:24
@Vikkybolt, how were the medicals....you out yet?
@Masinde gift, go to the Careers page on kQ site and create a profile. Do not forget to fill in your KCSE details or your application won't be considered. Then do a job search on the database for Ab Initio and apply. Since interviews are ongoing you'll have to wait for the next batch; say 4-6 months from Now. Don't loose hope....you really need it here. All the best

Qenn Kibetu
26th Mar 2012, 10:05
Hey guys.... How far have the KQ interviews gone?

Evroza
26th Mar 2012, 11:05
@Kibetu, the Medicals are ongoing this week. There was a group today. The current group should be leaving Mid to late april

farmwe
26th Mar 2012, 15:52
does anyone know if the other group have done their pilapt test?

MisterToo
26th Mar 2012, 17:48
farmwe, which other group?

farmwe
26th Mar 2012, 19:23
after the aptitude test two groups were formed.
one group did psychometric on 9th and the other on 14th and by the time we were doing the pilapt their psychometric results werent out

Evroza
27th Mar 2012, 07:32
@Farmwe, I was in that Second group. We did our psychometric late but were invited for the PILAPT at the same time. I really doubt you are out, If till now your application is still active; then trust me, you are in! I think you should call HR to confirm. If not, just keep praying. The other applications were terminated a long time ago

farmwe
27th Mar 2012, 10:35
@evroza
my application is still active but i dont think i have qualifified because if i had dont you think i should have atleast gotten some news?

Evroza
27th Mar 2012, 11:38
@Vikkybolt, how about some news on the Medicals, keep us in the loop here! @ Farmwe, a quick call to HR should serve you well; reading back through the thread, cases like yours are very common; KQ are not very concerned as to contact you as to why you missed an interview or appointment. As long as your application reads active you need to keep trying to reach them.
Anyone with an Idea as to what they'll be checking in the medicals come friday? As for vikkybolt and others who went for the Medicals yesterday, are you done oe do you still have other appointments?

Evroza
28th Mar 2012, 11:33
Would anyone be as kind as to direct me to international house? Is it in town?
In other news, Who else has received this email about getting our documents in order? Funny though, it reads "As we await for the medical results" yet some of us haven't even seen the doctor. Leaves one wondering whether this is some operation 'sahau wengine' :confused:

MisterToo
28th Mar 2012, 11:53
@Evroza, International House is located next to Hilton Hotel, from Kencom building it on the street heading left. It has internationa flags and you won't miss to notice it. KQ medical center is the first at the entrance.
Hope this is helpful ? and guess we are in the same group, i will be there on friday 8.30 AM. :)

vikkybolt
28th Mar 2012, 11:56
@Evroza, the mdeicals are done, they ran from monday to wednesday. Monday was thorough blood,urine,stool tests. Also ENT tests will be done. Tuesday was a cadiovascular test then wednesday was lung test. I have also received the email from KQ regarding the status of my documents

farmwe
28th Mar 2012, 14:49
@vickybolt
how many were you and were their any ladies?

vikkybolt
28th Mar 2012, 15:10
@farmwe,we were 13 and unfortunately there are no ladies. Hoping you guys will have atleast some ladies

Evroza
28th Mar 2012, 15:20
@MisterToo, thanks, i think I know it.
@Vikkybolt, thanks for the info, and how many were you? How long till we are allowed to eat?
An empty stomach it is, Friday!

vikkybolt
28th Mar 2012, 15:32
@Evroza, you'll be allowed to eat around lunchtime

Evroza
28th Mar 2012, 15:42
what was your BP reading and what is the acceptable range? @vikkybolt

Evroza
29th Mar 2012, 09:06
Okay, so HR are really on my kneck about getting my documents in order. Lucky I've got a contact or two to fast track some documents but the passport is giving me a headache!!! Who's all set? Too? Vikky?

MisterToo
29th Mar 2012, 09:37
Hi Evroza, what has HR told you, or its yesterday's mail? i am yet to get the passport and Cert of good conduct. The latter will be out on Tuesday. have you gone for the yellow fever vaccination? if so, where and how much?

Evroza
29th Mar 2012, 09:48
Yes, you are supposed to reply to yesterday's mail confirming if you have all the documents. Once you've done so and they realise you still don't have the documents you will get the tongue lashing of the year! Had applied for the good conduct certificate today, i should have it tommorrow. As for the yellow fever jab, am going back to town to get it right now.

Qenn Kibetu
29th Mar 2012, 11:33
@Evroza, which school will you guys be going to?

Evroza
29th Mar 2012, 12:57
we really haven't completed the interview yet. The last group was split between progress and 43 so i really don't know yet. However, with the hurry observed, wer should know that in a week or so

Qenn Kibetu
29th Mar 2012, 13:16
Cool. Keep me posted.

dan wenseslous
29th Mar 2012, 16:10
I would like to know if someone can apply with a bridged mathematics(knec based exam) please tell me.

paul kariuki
30th Mar 2012, 16:48
how was the medical today?

Evroza
30th Mar 2012, 17:18
@Paul, I was just writing a guide right now then my phone hang and I lost everything. Let me try again

paul kariuki
31st Mar 2012, 07:27
still waiting. hehe

Delt
31st Mar 2012, 09:32
When are you going for ECG test and lung test? And were you only six yesterday?

Vc10Tail
31st Mar 2012, 10:13
Hey fellas...watch out for the stool test...if you are big that tiny toilet of KQ clinic is going to pause a logistical problem of immense scale.Be sure to go with your own container...what they will give you aint wide even for the urine test.And last...that sh%$t better shine enough!:} or you won't get in!

dan wenseslous
31st Mar 2012, 17:02
Still waiting men

Evroza
31st Mar 2012, 18:26
Well, sorry for the delay @Dan, I doubt KQ accept bridged certificates, but you can try your luck.
Now, about the medicals; for the sake of future generations. Well, yesterday we started our medicals. First you are given forms to fill in details about your health history and that of your family. Next, you start going in 1 by 1. The first doctor will measure your weight, Height, BP and pulse rate then calculate your BMI. Very friendly. Next you go down to the Lab, They take 4 blood samples from your right arm, and give you two tins and a tube with some spatula (you can already guess what these are for) So you head to the loo and concentrate; this one is done alone haha. After returning your stool and urine sample to the lab you head to the next doctor in Room 2. Here its for the hearing loss test. You will be given head phones and are supposed to respond when you hear a sound. The sounds will be of different wave-lengths and decibels.

Evroza
31st Mar 2012, 18:34
Nothing hard and the Doctor is very friendly. My right ear was found to be very sharp. It could hear -5 decibels with very long wavelenghts. My left was slightly 'retarded'. Next, its over to Room 7. The doctor here tests your vision (Distant); performs the knee jerk experiment, examines your arms and uses his hands to look for any swollen lymph nodes around you throat, stomach and girdles. Examines your throat and teeth very lightly and you are done. Next you head to the Agha Khan offices for a chest X-ray; very quick. Next, you head to the IPS building. You will get two Doctors. The female one examines, your eyes; retina, pupils etc. Then she performs some quick test to check your vision range (closing one eye and placing objects at your left right up down extremes) to establish if you can see them. She also insert something in your ear and examines your ear drum, clean your ears; I didn't. She then asks you to read stuff at a distance to check your distant vision

Evroza
31st Mar 2012, 19:10
dont worry, the words are pretty large and anyone could see them. Distance is about 4 Metres again. She then asks you to lie down and examines your throat, area around your stomach( Just below the ribs ) and around your girdles. She checks you for something I thinks was called 'Hymes' can't clearly remember. Then asks you to close your eyes, stand on one Leg and stretch your arms sideways (Okay, at this part I was really really hungry and weak I couldn't keep my balance and kept falling, hope that doesn't disqualify me ) She also performs the knee jerk experiment and after that you are done. There was also a Doctor who asks you some random questions like where do you come from, or what course are you studying to establish whether you are Sane ; Crazy, Right? After this you are done for day 1.
Today, we went for the ECG test at some bulding along Ngong road, I think Fifth Avenue something. Here they test your stress endurance. You really dont have to worry about this one if you life revolves

Evroza
31st Mar 2012, 19:18
walking from place to place or any form of excercise. The Doctor here is a young lady; Beautiful face. She asks you to take of your shirt. If you have a hairy chest, don't worry about shaving it. She does it for you ( don't forget you are in the doctors office. Haha) Then she sticks several Electrodes around your chest that link to a computer. You then get on a tread mill and start walking as electrical impulses from your heart are monitored. She also monitors changes in BP and pulserate. The speed starts slow. Then she prompts you before she increases the speed. There are five walling; The fastest will be near running. Just stay calm on this one: you don't want your heart going 'adrenaline mode' . This lasts for about ten minutes each and you are free to leave. We are now waiting for Monday to go for the Lung test at Mater Hospital. 9am it is!
Word of advice to future participants, check your BP early enough before the medicals. I had tested my BP some two weeks prior and I had 142/82. I had to stop salt intake and some thorough jogging and yesterday it read 118/70 ! (NB: I am pretty slim, so out with the mentality that only fat people get HBP) All the best people! The Lord is with us. Our group had 12 people. That brings us to a total of 25 who made it to the medicals.b

vikkybolt
1st Apr 2012, 09:11
Hey Evroza. all the best in your lung test on Monday. How many chics were you in your medical group?

Evroza
1st Apr 2012, 10:26
@Vikky, actually am a Lad :D

Capt. Bill
1st Apr 2012, 21:51
Thanks alot for the detailed information about the medicals this is the type of information we need about this interview process. hoping you will do the same for the lung test. good luck :D

weksir
2nd Apr 2012, 05:32
anyone with any idea when these guys will contact us, as in those who finished our tests on wednesday.

Evroza
2nd Apr 2012, 11:28
@Weksir, i believe they will hold all the results to be released at once. Damn that Lung test has got me loosing all hope! I couldnt make it to 6sec. My longest was 5.9 and I'm damn scared. Lord help me!

Capt. Bill
2nd Apr 2012, 15:38
@Evroza how is the lung test conducted?

Evroza
2nd Apr 2012, 17:48
@Bill, you are asked to breathe in deeply and blow into some tube of a device connected to a computer. You are supised to blow as fast and hard as you can for the longest time possible till you feel your chest touching your back! The cut is 6seconds for time. Some guy made it to 10seconds! I could barely make it to five! Lord have mercy!

Capt. Bill
2nd Apr 2012, 19:04
Don't worry just have faith that you will make the cut. Do you know which flight school you guys will be going to?
I think you guys might go to progress if you'll be leaving soon but I stand to be corrected.
43rd air school's next intake is in june buh maybe KQ usually have their own special intake.
goodluck guys :ok:

cmuli
3rd Apr 2012, 14:01
will kq know if i apply again before the 24 months period elapses using a diferent email?

Delt
3rd Apr 2012, 16:23
Wow, why is everyone so quiet?

Evroza
3rd Apr 2012, 17:12
@Cmul, yes. During our Morrisby there was a guy who was caught, embarrased and frog-matched to security
@Delt, its the fear. By the way, what were you upto on Friday? Did you take the Medicals? If so, during the lung test, did you make it to 6 secs? Anybody who couldn't make it to 6 secs like me? I just can't stop worrying. I'm assuming, KQ will contact us as from next week. Probably late next week. Lets all keep each other in the loop. Oh, how did you know me Delt?

Evroza
3rd Apr 2012, 17:19
I have heard lots of stories on racism and all especially of late. If i make it through I'll definately be picking Progress. Would you be kind as to inform me on whether guys from your group who made it to SA all had to have made 6secs in the lung test or were there exceptions?

Delt
3rd Apr 2012, 17:23
I know some one who made 5.3 seconds he is in S.A now. I think its only the guys with T.B they avoid they know that from the X-rays.

Evroza
3rd Apr 2012, 19:20
Thanks a lot kjnmangaa and Delt. Jeez, it was like a maternity in there! 'Blow!Blow!Blow!Blow....'

weksir
3rd Apr 2012, 20:43
by the way i checked the 43air school website and their next intake begins 1st may then another in june but after reading the previous posts am afraid of how life could turn out there.

Evroza
4th Apr 2012, 19:25
Beats logic why one would run a flying school in the African continent all along suspended in his superiority complex and damaging beliefs that we can't fly; and unfairly booting out struggling souls with the notion that company sponsored Cadets don't deserve the opportunity because they are supposedly joy-riding on 'freebies'. Its is as a result of such an undeserved condemnation that one tormented soul resorted to suicide on getting washed out unfairly

wanabeeCapt
4th Apr 2012, 21:42
Flying school is by no means a walk in the park regardless of the location chosen. Getting washed out is a reality at any stage. I was in 43 and had my highs and lows but it's how you pick yourself up after a bad day that matters.

If you zone out and blame your predicaments on 'racist' instructors, you will never get yourself out of that pit you have dug for yourself. Personality differences are bound to occur, some instructors just naturally do not get along with certain personalities regardless of their colour.

Playing the racist card when you get in trouble will just get you deeper in your problems. I happened to do several flights with the instructor mentioned above. We got along the whole time but at the same time I had a colleague who could not stomach him. How you can call him a victim of racist hate, just does not convince.

While it is true that racism in South Africa as a whole is alive and kicking, going to 43 with that mentality stuck in your mind will be of little help. Go there, focus on your flying, get your CPL/IR and on your way out if you feel like getting back at that instructor you loved to hate, show him two photos, one of a Boeing 737NG and one of a Piper Cherokee 140. Give him the Piper and wish him the best, kiss the 737 and put it in your pocket and whistle on your way out.

Evroza
6th Apr 2012, 08:13
@Wannabeecapt, haha, quite some way.
Happy easter folks, this waiting..argh..lots of agony!

weksir
7th Apr 2012, 08:17
Happy Easter though full of silent tension. Share your feelings guys...You make me think am the only one tense here. Enjoy your weekend and good luck. ;););)

Evroza
9th Apr 2012, 10:15
Please tell me HR is not on strike too!

weksir
9th Apr 2012, 17:11
Who has any idea when the HR will get back to us...almost dying of anxiety.

Delt
9th Apr 2012, 18:06
Hi, relax am sure people will be getting calls this week for their medical results, hope for the best you're almost there.

Evroza
9th Apr 2012, 18:59
Lucky you guys who are done with this process, this anxiety is just too much. Though i just have this nagging feeling i flunked that lung test. My prayers are with all

sneakyrhino
10th Apr 2012, 07:28
So any word guys??!! This tension is for sure killing! And KQ didn't go on strike, it was Kenya Airports Authority(KAA) so at least they're still working... All the best guys! And a buddy of mine told me that like a week after the last interview they were out! So start saying goodbyes(in faith lol) :ok:

Hitchens
10th Apr 2012, 12:43
Hi everyone,

Just found this thread today. Congratulations to all who have made it through the interview process. I applied for the ab initio trainee opportunity in December 2011. On 5th March this year I received an email from KQ instructing me to scan my national ID card and forward it to them, which I did. Thing is, that's the last thing I heard from them. My application status on the portal is still marked active. I perused the thread and found at least three other people who received a similar email - Muchiri, Bururia and Chris. And it's also the last thing they talk about on the thread. I'd appreciate it guys - or anyone - if you'd shed some light on this in case you're privy to something which I'm not. My working theory right now is that we might have been given slots in the next batch of interviewees. Anyone?

Evroza
10th Apr 2012, 16:31
I also think that might be it. Your name must be similar to one who had already gone through the process and they just had to get proof as to your identity. I'm sure you guys have been slotted in on the next batch. Just keep your cool. I would recomend keeping an eye on this thread next time. If guys get invited and you miss out contact HR

Druy
11th Apr 2012, 16:55
Hey guys. I'd like to know if there is any one of you who applied to the program this year. And if yes, have you heard from KQ. Kindly keep me posted. My application is still active.
Thanks

Capt B. Walter
12th Apr 2012, 12:01
I bet some people are really anxious about the medicals.Me too but for sure theaz more anxious moments ahead.I was going through some posts of the guys who went to SA last year and wololololo!!Theaz a guy who dint receive an email notifying him that he had passed the medicals but he got an email invite for the orals later on..So guys just have faith!!!It's beyond your reach now.All you can do is pray hard and let GOD pull strings!!!Get your documents ready and pack your bags.SA here we come!!!:ok::ok::ok::ok: THE FLY BOYS!!Any lady or ladies??

Evroza
12th Apr 2012, 12:28
@walter, gone through them too, in a bid to find relief; escaped me either way. I've been trying to control myself not to comment here because my tension is at an all-time high. Refreshing mail has become a hobby; every 2 minutes! Hehe, i guess these are the points in life where you go on your knees like...''Say something....Anything!' ....then again, just not anything! Teams prayer Ahoe!

Capt B. Walter
12th Apr 2012, 17:42
I believe that they are both very good flight schools in the world at large..This is evidenced by the fact that KQ insists that their ab initio trainees train in either but for me 43 takes it.It has been my dream flight school for a long time now and through God's will I will embrace the opportunity at 43 no matter what adversities come my way #43NoDoubt :ok:

kibz2005
13th Apr 2012, 07:07
glad to see the passion is still alive there after that lengthy process ;-) keep up the spirits, even when times get rough in flight school. it's worth it in the end!

Delt
13th Apr 2012, 07:56
I hope today is the day guys.

Evroza
13th Apr 2012, 08:37
Seriously hope so too Delt! Otherwise it will be a LONG weekend! Though am a nervous wreck but may God open a way!

Delt
13th Apr 2012, 11:42
I think they will notify people next week.

Ftrcap
14th Apr 2012, 16:00
I've invited to interview May 24. I believe the process is long, but word has it that they are processing applications faster to meet all their deadlines. Not sure how true that is.

Delt
14th Apr 2012, 16:21
Hi, you mean you have recieved email inviting you for the aptitude test on May? When did you get the invite, or are you referring to the oral interview?

Ftrcap
14th Apr 2012, 18:13
Hi Delt! No, it's for the aptitude test. That's what the email says. I'm direct entry. Does that matter? Advice??

Delt
14th Apr 2012, 19:19
Sorry I can't advice, I don't know how they undertake the direct entry pilot program. But I remember when I was doing my aptitude there were some interviewees with CPLs.

Evroza
15th Apr 2012, 11:59
First of all you`ll have to adopt proper English on this site before you get banned. Next you go to the careers page of kenya airways: google and create an account: Fill in your credentials then search for ab initio programme and apply. See you in zulu land and all the best!

weksir
16th Apr 2012, 05:56
Lets hope the HR desk at KQ will have mercies on us and spare us the already agonizing wait and tell us our fate today.
I hope and pray that they take the 25 of us.
and guys just keep checking if your applications are still flagged active just so you wont be taken by surprise. Goog Luck guys.

sneakyrhino
16th Apr 2012, 06:44
I guess it will be yet another day of waiting and waiting... I honestly think they are also training us in patience, and it is not fun. I hope we are all keeping busy though. Is there anyone who has a contact there who they could perhaps call and ask for updates or when we should expect word from them?

And Olivia, I would encourage you to use proper English beginning from this forum. It is essential in the aviation industry, especially as a pilot.

Capt webee
16th Apr 2012, 20:15
Has any one received a call or email from Kenya airways for interview for either direct entry Pilots position or Ab initio?

Druy
17th Apr 2012, 12:03
Hey Capt Webee, I had asked the exact same thing and no one has replied to my post :(
I applied to this program in March and I haven't got any kind of feed back from Kenya Airways but my application is still active:)
Did all of you guys apply Last year?
Oh and I'm a girl....hehehehe I see that most of you are guys :O

Casino_don
17th Apr 2012, 12:20
Called for the aptitude test. What are the chances of going through successfully with an expired ME(IR) CPL license. :zzz:

sneakyrhino
17th Apr 2012, 12:30
Hey Druy and Capt Webee, from my recollection, the people who applied this year are yet to be called. Most of us currently active in the forum applied in the course of last year and are just now waiting for results after our medicals. And Rodrigo, yes, as of now KQ only hires Kenyans but this may soon be changing at least temporarily especially with the 11 new E190s coming in between May 2012 and February 2013. This I believe is still being discussed though.

Evroza
17th Apr 2012, 13:09
Damn this waiting game sucks! For the Direct entry guys, am sure your chances of going through are higher though there is a bottle-neck at each stage. How about you guys start a new thread just to keep tabs: this one is for Ab Initios. As for the Lady, welcome, just keep waiting for the next lot, should be after this lot is done. All of us applied for this gig some time last year. Your email is your best buddy onwards!

sneakyrhino
17th Apr 2012, 14:12
Thus the sun went down and it was the 3rd week and KQ saw it fit not to inform the AB Initio 'recruits' whether they had made it or not and Naikuni looked and saw that it was good...man!! This waiting really is killing!

Blessed evening guys and lady, hope we will end this week on a better note!

By the way, in case you haven't, make sure your documents are in order, no need waiting this much and then get called and not prepared for the interview.

On other matters, does anyone know what we should expect in the interview? What questions do they ask? Anyone?

Druy
17th Apr 2012, 16:31
Thanks Rhino:)
And thanks Evroza....let's just hope I make it through...

As for interview questions the one question they have to ask is 'tell us/me about yourself' and that's the killer>you either make it or break it with that one.

cavortingcheetah
17th Apr 2012, 17:49
What happens if you reply:

"With pleasure but I am sure that your time is valuable and I certainly very much appreciate your giving me the opportunity to meet with you today for which I thank you. So why don't you ask me what you would like to know about me and I will do my best to answer all your questions as accurately and honestly as I can."

Druy
17th Apr 2012, 20:04
@Cheetah, that's a very brave response.....I've nver been for an interview at the Pride centre so I'm not quite sure what kind of questions they ask.
But if you look through the forum, there are quite a number of people here who have. They'd be best suited to answer than question....

cavortingcheetah
17th Apr 2012, 21:08
It is a bit of a tie breaker isn't it. It's not relevant to me but 'tell me about yourself' is along the same line as 'what can you give to the airline'?

Druy
18th Apr 2012, 11:03
lol cheetah true but i believe everyone has something unique to bring to the table.
but that question can be really hard to answer. you don't want to come off as self centered but then again you don't want to sell yourself short.

so when did you apply to the program? or are you a direct entry pilot?

Evroza
18th Apr 2012, 12:10
ehm, druy, i think judging from cheetah's join date he's probably some successful captain somewhere :)

odericko2000
18th Apr 2012, 12:59
@ Evroza you are a sharp kid, now im sure you will make the cut!:D

sneakyrhino
19th Apr 2012, 07:27
Ok, so from a 'reliable source', we will not be getting results this week They will probably be available to us in the course of next week.

All the best waiting brothers!

Delt
19th Apr 2012, 07:35
Let's just hope its Monday, which school do you think we are likely to be posted?

Druy
19th Apr 2012, 14:46
Evroza...tihihihihi maybe he just joined in 2002 to snoop:P but if he is, kudos to him:) I'm sure you'll get there someday as well.

I'm a girl.....though I'm not in the program....YET:))

MisterToo
19th Apr 2012, 15:20
@kijanamangaa thanks for the oral interview lead. The waiting has been tough and you can see with the silence some of us have adopted. We are hoping for the best though....@druy welcome, if you yet to start build your relationship with the email well, you will realise this as you progress. @ delt, both progress and 43 are open for entry in may and i know we are to be splitted if we make it the 25 of us...

Ndambz
19th Apr 2012, 20:28
Hey guys, congratulations on the progress, trust me, the hard part is over now u jst have to be ready for whats coming, flight school is quite strange at first.
I was in the previous group, we are in ATP ground school now.
A few days ago I asked and the admin told me we expect 7 new guys in May in progress. For those who come here, karibuni.

MisterToo
20th Apr 2012, 08:16
HR have finally talked! A mail that we confirm possesion of all the requirements as at today...

sneakyrhino
20th Apr 2012, 08:37
Finally!!!!!!!!! Wow, really glad this feeling of tension has now been deflated! At least there is hope at the end of this tunnel lol.

God speed brothers! South Africa I have an inkling will be seeing us in a few days ha!

Evroza
20th Apr 2012, 08:51
okay, now you guys got me scared...Nothing! Or does it have something to do with the fact that i already emailed them a while back confirming all my documents? Had any of you confirmed having your documents prior to todays email?

Migire
20th Apr 2012, 10:16
Yeah, Evroza, i had confirmed to them about my requirements earlier on (when they sent the first email on the matter). I haven't got any new email in my inbox, putting me in the same boat as yourself. Oh, that was close! :)

Migire
20th Apr 2012, 10:19
Oh guys check out this beautiful flight deck video of KQs B737-800 Kenya Airways B737-800 - Cockpit Video - Flightdeck Action - Flights In The Cockpit - YouTube

Delt
20th Apr 2012, 10:36
Well at least we now know they haven't forgotten about us :)

sneakyrhino
20th Apr 2012, 10:36
lol yes that was close... That must have been double tension Evroza and Migire. The first time I did not have my yellow fever certificate so I'm guessing they were emailing us again to confirm that we had all the necessary documents now.

Evroza
20th Apr 2012, 10:40
Jeez Migire! Next time you report early to base camp! Got me scared as hell!

Migire
20th Apr 2012, 12:01
Wilco Cpt. Evroza

sneakyrhino
20th Apr 2012, 14:04
Enjoy your weekend folks! Hope to see the 25 next week!

Captain Fabulous
20th Apr 2012, 14:33
Hey guys... seems like I'm the only one left in the Red Zone here. I got the Yellow Fever and Good Conduct certs, but the guys at immigration are proving to be a nightmare!! Four weeks on, and still nothing. Anyone got a contact there I could use?

MisterToo
20th Apr 2012, 14:42
Go to immigration site, on the contacts section, there are three contacts. Contact one and inform him/her that you following up on your passport and that you need it urgently...i used that channel and got mine in 10 days having printed the initial mail on requirements and taking it to the guy, he wanted a proof for the urgency

Captain Fabulous
20th Apr 2012, 14:46
Thanks man for the help. I should have thought of that earlier. I'll get right on it.

Migire
21st Apr 2012, 06:16
check out the KQ video on the previous page

Delt
21st Apr 2012, 08:26
I have the full video on DVD on my laptop and the one for the 777-200ER. Good stuff :ok:

Migire
21st Apr 2012, 09:43
@Delt. Really, wow, i'd love to have that full video. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully i can get to borrow it from you once we get a chance to meet. I have learnt about forms that need to be filled by us during the orals. Any light on what information is actually needed to be filled?

Delt
21st Apr 2012, 11:14
Yes I have the DVDs they're about 3 hours long each. I think that information will be the information we filled in the site during application to see if the information we filled in matches the later, and to see if we can multitask.

sneakyrhino
23rd Apr 2012, 09:03
KQ mbona watufanya hivi! Tension mbaya!

Hope you all had an awesome weekend and now looking forward to hopefully getting called to interviews this week...hopefully...

Evroza
23rd Apr 2012, 13:27
Okay, so if you failed the medicals they should have called already. If you don't get a call today then know you went through: emails might be tommorrow

sneakyrhino
23rd Apr 2012, 13:31
Good stuff Evroza. Do you know anyone who got a call about the medicals today?

Evroza
23rd Apr 2012, 13:49
Missed their call at around 2pm. Tried calling back but they were busy. They should call me back in a while though. Relax Rhino, no one else was called.

Druy
23rd Apr 2012, 14:29
Congratulations guys:)

vikkybolt
23rd Apr 2012, 15:46
@Evroza, did they finally call you back?

Evroza
23rd Apr 2012, 17:05
The doc was out. I will have to wait till tommorrow.

Migire
24th Apr 2012, 05:32
Evroza thanks alot for that important piece of info. You seem very well informed. Im slightly worried though; from what you say does this mean that you haven't made it?

Migire
24th Apr 2012, 05:35
I certainly hope not!

weksir
24th Apr 2012, 07:29
@evroza it seems they want you to redo one of the previous tests again so do not worry or lose hope. my question is do you have any idea which test specifically?