PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

sampeter22
2nd Nov 2010, 07:03
Thank God for this opportunity! We're in!!!!:)

Captlg
2nd Nov 2010, 07:12
Supercaptain,Sam,aren't there any ladies?Surely...

odericko2000
2nd Nov 2010, 07:56
Get used to it, during our posting we had the biggest class ever posted of 23 cadets to 43, guess what only had 1 lady who unfortunately got axed midway training at 43, came back 20 guys.
Class of 2005/2006 had the most chillez if you don't mind me calling them that, seven of them and 3 guys, 1 lady and 1 dude got droped in SA, leaving 6 to graduate, unfortunately one more lady from this class and another dude got axed during their 737 transition.
It's a sausage fest ladies and gentlemen, huh what I'm I saying gentlemen and gentlemen:}, but don't worry the flying is a lot of fun and intensive you still find a way to make the best of it, remember teamwork will get you places, the fast learners guide the slower ones as much as possible, if you have a bad flight don't sulk and hide talk to your pals about it, lastly before you go out for a sortie read thoroughly on it and ask guys already ahead what to expect, though everybodys experience when it comes to training is unique it helps being ready. As for theory, nmh kq cadets always most definitely breeze through them it's our strongest side, as you all know you were picked from a pool of highly intelligent kenyans if not the best:D congratulations yet again.
Guys remember it isn't a comp amongst you coz all of you want to come back with the coveted blu book in hand

odericko2000
2nd Nov 2010, 08:02
Ooh last word good luck fellas, I guess this is my last post on this thread I'll wait and connect the eager faces once you fellaz get back from SA, as I said before back here it's a family, a big one for that matter and always growing, but some of the best guyz in the industry always at hand to assist, looking forward to seeing all of you chaps :hmm:

Captlg
2nd Nov 2010, 08:13
roger that odericko,alpha tango echo...

Capt. Prudent Paul
2nd Nov 2010, 08:31
Captlg, we will abide by the golden rule, hoping to enjoy very moment too.

Cpt pat, thanks. I believe its not the end of life for you and others who didn't make it. Eitherway, life has to go on.

Dzaque, thanks too. You seem to be having a good time. We are coming... Sunday is our day.

Odericko, great words of wisdom there! That really helps, especially the part on team work. We are a family and not out to out-do one another. Bearing the competitive nature of Kenya institutions, I hope my colleagues and I shed away that attitude and be ready to leave as a family of 12 and come back to Kenya as such. Its people like you who make the world bearable and I personally look forward to meeting you someday. Thanks chap!

G12; congrats pals. We are heading far, by the grace of God!

Chassis Alpha
2nd Nov 2010, 20:27
this is to all aspiring young men (rumoured that there are no girls) *am young too though*:rolleyes: and glad for you its a fulfillment of a dream,if not all.and i really pray that all works out for you.:D:D:D its a chance placed on your doorsteps a just hope you realize that.

CaptGenius
2nd Nov 2010, 21:11
thx fellaz. this thread has helped me to finally pull through this whole ordeal. Anybody has an idea when more KQ cadets are expected at 43. We were told to wait 1 or 2 months but just want to know mo precisely when. Thanks once again people.

odericko2000
6th Nov 2010, 00:06
Captig,

Hey you sent me a message, been trying to respond but cant be able to reply to it, I guess it's the personal settings you put, send me another mail if you are still keen on my input, cheers mate and goodluck

Capt. Prudent Paul
10th Nov 2010, 18:42
Hey pals.

Thank God that we arrived safely at Progress FA on Monday and started classes immediately the next day. Its lots of fun for us... and lots of books indeed. Wish u all well in your endeavours.

Capt. Skystar B.
12th Nov 2010, 16:03
Its great to hear that you people arrived at Progress FA safely and rolled up your sleeves the following day to start a journey towards realizing your dreams.I wish you all a nice stay there, always keep in touch men and God willing we will meet down there in SA as the next lot of cadets because just as your passion and hope in the reality of your dreams came to be, we also do believe our time will come.I know you will always find yourselves in demanding environments and obviously much fun and adventure as well.. doing what you hold onto passionately. Hongera tena. God bless you all.

supercaptain
13th Nov 2010, 19:37
Thanks skystar! we look forward to seeing you people here. you'll really feel at home coz majority of the students at Progress are KQ cadets. its just a small Kenya away from Kenya.
Just give it your best and am sure you'll make it. It looks tough when you're in the recruitment process but after it it will look so easy, all the same its very much achievable...some people have to come to SA anyway!
Ground school is fun though there is lots and lots of cramming to do, aircraft specifications and many procedures and checks. but the whole experience is thrilling knowing I'm being prepared to fulfil my greatest ambition.
Do let us know when KQ advertises for the next intake, and feel free to seek our help. nice time!!

captain engineer van
15th Nov 2010, 06:59
heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy...am stil waitn for the nxt intake..am wondring y thea no ladies in ths intake tht hs jst ended..ppl,leme assure u tht wen a strt off wth the rigorous interviews...a thnk al do anythn in ma ability to c maslf in south africa..ths a chnc worth dying for...am unmoved by som thngs..a bliv in maslf, am driven by ambition n powered by intellect..thaz Vane Molly...please.if theaz any chk here,a thnk we have to shw tht we a also able..i wanna b a pilot...:8

The Ancient Geek
15th Nov 2010, 08:20
if theaz any chk here,a thnk we have to shw tht we a also able..i wanna b a pilot...http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/nerd.gif

To become a pilot you need to behave in a professional manner. You will get NOWHERE until you learn to write english instead of this childish crap.

Lamyna Flo
15th Nov 2010, 11:53
Ancient Geek - prepare for the customary flaming and accusations of "you're just a wannabe KQ pilot who never made it through (insert requisite test/exam here) and are a h8er". How dare you criticise Kenya's great and good aspiring Captains (funny how everyone on here manages to insert some form of "Capt" into their username, innit?) by implying that they are unable to grasp the simple basics of the English language! ;-)

Lamyna Flo
15th Nov 2010, 11:55
am driven by ambition n powered by intellect

Really? Then why can't you write proper English?

The Ancient Geek
15th Nov 2010, 12:06
How dare you criticise Kenya's great and good aspiring Captains

Heh. :rolleyes:
Us old timers know a loser when they see one.
Kids of today muttermutter.........

Captlg
16th Nov 2010, 04:33
I reckon there's another group who went to 43 Air School from the last recruitment process.Twelve people went to Progress,right?

wanabeeCapt
18th Nov 2010, 14:32
O ye high and mighty mods, if textspeak pisses you off so much why don't you just ban and block the users responsible? You really show a fine example with your sarcasm and insulting language. :D

Cardinal Puff
18th Nov 2010, 19:26
In the first place, neither of the two posters to whom you refer are mods. Their reaction is understandable in the face of continued use of the appalling drivel that is textspeak, despite numerous requests to post using coherent English.

In the second place, I'm quite sure if you ask nicely the mods would be happy to ban and block those using textspeak.

Captlg
19th Nov 2010, 05:29
Aptly said supercaptain.Flight training is more of a practical course in the long run,some university courses are more demanding but one thing for sure is that the short time frame one has to go through in flight school makes it more challenging,pilots are literally responsible for lives up there thats why a lot of emphasis is laid on proper training and competency.

Makmende
24th Nov 2010, 14:50
How will the KQ guys track that I attended the October interview and reached the Psychomotor test unsuccesfully?? How do they know if you change email?

cmuli
28th Nov 2010, 07:13
supercaptain I applied on July and I will be going for my aptitude test on tuesday 30 any other person invited?:D

Captlg
30th Nov 2010, 05:47
I know a couple of guyz who are going for the interview on Tuesday,KQ must be really keen in having a large pilot base.

Captlg
30th Nov 2010, 08:48
there's always the option of training through the Kenya Armed Forces cadet recruitment,they train their cadets at 43 Air School,just make sure you enroll yourself in their next recruitment drive...but you will obviously have to work in the military for some time before going commercial.

dzaque
30th Nov 2010, 14:05
joining the air force as an aircrew isn't a direct and easy process like the KQ one. its a long process and if you just want to get the experience in the air force, you might kind of be very very very disappointed...takes 2-3years to graduate form the military academy, before you convince another board to be considered a student pilot. but hey MAKMENDE can as well give it a try when the time comes

Captain Mutisya
2nd Dec 2010, 09:39
conratulations to those of you who managed to get to South Africa, and those of you waiting to go. This thread has proved to be very useful for ab initios, let's stay up to date and inform each other incase of any new information, especially those waiting for the next recruitment

Ulquiorra
5th Dec 2010, 08:15
hey guys, i need to get something right here. when the KQ ab initio recruitment says that one of their requirements is "having good eyesight", does that mean that you have 20/20 vision without glasses or you can have corrective 20/20 glasses?
in case they dont offer to people with 20/20 glasses, can you apply for the direct entry if you wear glasses?:rolleyes:

GooseA380
20th Dec 2010, 12:16
Captain Mutisya:
I am one of those waiting for the next recruitment. Kindly give me a heads up when the ad comes out..

samajor
20th Dec 2010, 19:53
hey crew guys! when could the next recruitment be coming? Word had it that by around this time it would be out! am still waiting! i can't wait to apply for 43 School!
If any one got word of it, PPRUNE BE DI FORUM TO LET YOU BLOG ON IT!
Nice time kila mtu:ok:

GooseA380
5th Jan 2011, 13:39
We are soldiers in the same struggle.... i too am waiting for the next intake..:ok: lets keep prayin

samajor
12th Jan 2011, 11:55
We are almost in mid week january and the usual advertisement time is lyk running out! any body out here with word about The recruitments?
are really zealous:ugh:

Captain Mutisya
14th Jan 2011, 05:45
Ab initio is on, has been on since 4th January. the closing date is 28th January so I guess it's best if we start applying coz as they say, the earlier the better.

Mattson91
14th Jan 2011, 18:36
Hello all users.I am Matthew.Just wanted to know how one goes through the application.Anyone who can help?

Captain Mutisya
18th Jan 2011, 07:08
Go to the KQ website, click careers, proceed to the recruitment portal, on the searchbox type pilot and you will see Ab initio on the results...go ahead and apply. You will have to create an account with them though.

tarwish
18th Jan 2011, 07:46
hi guys l look new but l have been follwing this forum for a time from back.just do me a fovour of the procedure of application

Imanikapitan
18th Jan 2011, 13:45
is the ab-initio programme still on for 2011 where do i get the forms to apply for the programme???
help please just joined the sight i looked for the forms cant get them anyone please send me a link or something

Captain Zorro
18th Jan 2011, 14:15
hey guys, of you guys that went through already..what do you fill for the minimum salary field? Match competencies,match applications? Nssf details??

Captain Zorro
18th Jan 2011, 14:17
Imanikapitan,

Everything is done online. Just go to careers section on KQ website and create an account then apply for the Ab initio pilot programme

tarwish
18th Jan 2011, 14:20
Go to the KQ website, click careers, proceed to the recruitment portal, on the searchbox type pilot and you will see Ab initio on the results...go ahead and apply. You will have to create an account with them though

Imanikapitan
18th Jan 2011, 15:43
thank you good people i did that but apparently the computers at work have a firewall security so i cannot go past the portal will do it when i get to a cyber cafe thanks again

so are you guys applying or did you already apply???

El-capitane
19th Jan 2011, 06:54
Hi guys, guess this thing on the left hand of the thread will conspicuously announce that am new here, which is kinda cool. anyway did you guys get an email confirming the receipt of tour application or what? cos i applied 4 days ago and no response forthcoming!

Where did everybody go?

Roy Master
19th Jan 2011, 15:30
I also applied but haven't received the confirmation email that they have received my application but hope for the best.patience pays

Roy Master
19th Jan 2011, 15:34
Try in another cyber if that one has firewall.Make sure you apply before the deadline that is on 28th of this month.I have already applied

OLOO
20th Jan 2011, 11:11
Hey guys,
What are the qualifications this time round?
I have clicked on the tab that gives details on the qualifications but the site seems to have problems.

Captain Mutisya
20th Jan 2011, 16:41
I don't know if its only me but my ID number is always disappearing...I type it in my account and save but the next time I log in it is not there. It's like I had not saved before...someone help:ugh:

Alpha3
21st Jan 2011, 07:16
Hi guys, hoping you all well. Am just wondering what happens during the oral interview? Do you face a panel or what goes on? Please assist..........:ok:

bonchisdecha
21st Jan 2011, 10:28
capt mutisya, maybe you should try entering it into the special pass no/ work permit tab.
alpha 3 update us, have you already been invited for the orals? did you get the confimration email?
my application details page only shows my citizenship ans id number, is it the same for everybody or didi i ommit some information in my application?

El-capitane
21st Jan 2011, 10:37
You guy, kwani you already going for an interview. Are you in the batch that applied in last year or you applied in January? Sorry I cannot answer your question cos am a first time applicant!

El-capitane
22nd Jan 2011, 13:06
The 'hang' actually actually means keep the faith and := not uhmm.....the noose thingy. but at this rate some will choose the former cos we are getting nil by communication or so to speak from the Kenya Airways. Comrades I might not be the best exemplar of patience but its said taken too far it's..............I don't know, maybe I should cross the bridge when I get there!:oh:

bonchisdecha
25th Jan 2011, 07:27
no attachments are needed tarwish. has anybody received a confirmation email form kq yet?

Jetdriver
25th Jan 2011, 13:23
The seasonal reminder that your post should not be written in "Text!" If it is, it goes in the bin!

Communication skills are fundamental to most pilots, and whereas "text speak" is a common form of shorthand for phone messaging, it is a "no go" here.

Captain Ogilo
26th Jan 2011, 08:36
the id numbers once posted in your account after saving it keeps on disappearing. i guess thats normal this time. i also applied 4 days ago but havent got a confirmation email in my email address.. this time they arent sending those..i guess..

samajor
26th Jan 2011, 14:22
Great people of the clouds, those who are at progress an 43! we need you help, more tan ever! tell us wen we should expect an invitation! lyk how many days after the deadline...such stuff! we need to get down south!.
Good LORD bless all of you!:ok:

Jay36
26th Jan 2011, 19:28
My I.D no. keeps dissappearing as well,and also my driving license no....Maybe something wrong with the system.

Captain Ogilo
27th Jan 2011, 04:08
@jay 6, dont worry about the disappearing licences and the id number in the kq site. its not a system hitch. apparently it is happening to everyone, me included!:O has annyone recieved a confirmatory mail in their email addresses after applying for the ab initio?

amen
27th Jan 2011, 12:43
hey,am new here.i tried applying at the kenya airways site today and at the last stage[4],i couldn't tell if they have received my application or not.how do i confirm because i heard tomorrow is the deadline?

amen
27th Jan 2011, 12:55
:confused:where do you fill in the i.d number

Captain Ogilo
28th Jan 2011, 05:42
@ amen, once in ua kq account, click on my account the under personal info, you will see a section to fill in your id and or passport number. as for the deadline, its on 31st..

El-capitane
28th Jan 2011, 16:34
The deadline is on 31st?I thought it was on the 28th........anyway it is better at least more guys can apply. I am still wondering if anyone has gotten any form of communicatiion from the Kenya Airways...

GooseA380
29th Jan 2011, 08:42
Guyz this is our Time, This is our moment..... All the best to all who applied for the latest Ab initio recruitment.
Lets pray for each other as we await those all important e-mails

CaptGenius
29th Jan 2011, 16:29
Hey all applicants. I am very impressed by the way you guys are managing to keep the pressure of not receiving a reply:rolleyes: and all those other petty issues you have. I wonder whether you guys will be able to handle the mere thought of an engine failure. Otherwise, after application all you need to do is wait for an email calling you to go to the interviews. There is no confirmatory email of receipt of your applications to be expected, though they sometimes send. But there is nothing to be worried about if you do not receive a feedback. So keep your cool guys and you will be called (though after quite some time). Wishing you all the best.

GooseA380
31st Jan 2011, 09:53
How long did you guyz wait before you received the e-mails calling you for interviews?

wannabepilot18
31st Jan 2011, 15:07
kenya airways is looking to recruit about 100 new ab initio pilots this year (2011) so anyone who is a Kenyan citizen apply quickly...

Captlg
1st Feb 2011, 19:10
You guyz need to relax and wait for interview email invitations,of which you will recieve based on KQs schedule,maybe in two weeks,one month...just keep checking ur emails as frequently as the way you facebook or twitt.Aviators require calm nerves,so be patient.

wannabepilot18
2nd Feb 2011, 03:56
also heard about the ID problems , I think you can just fill in whatever no it accepts then when you go for the interview change it.. just a thought..

wannabepilot18
2nd Feb 2011, 03:59
mine took one and a half months

Skillz-Kevo
2nd Feb 2011, 15:29
Hey..wassup fellaz..hoping all the applicants and the rest are sailling on well and as most will notice..patience is everything..

Just a quick question..is there anyone coming in the group reporting at 43rd next week?Please be kind to respond...we expect 8 of you guys so if you are here..kindly talk to us..

Skillz-Kevo
2nd Feb 2011, 15:32
Ssup Samajor..there is one group that went to progress and another group of 8 coming to 43 in two weeks time..im currently in 43 with a group of other 9..another group will be starting their interview process probably around end of March or April so hang in there and all the best..we could use some more company..

samajor
7th Feb 2011, 07:49
Big name, this thing is itchy man! but am relaxed! just hope that i'll get to that place! Down South!!!! anyway, am officially employing you as my mentor in this, and don't dissapoint! are the interviews hard or just easy fllowing? all in all i gotta get downsouth, am praying!!! maybe i'd follow you on facebook. get me there on Samfred Major as my name. thanx! and fly high

Skillz-Kevo
7th Feb 2011, 10:04
Hey,don't be worked up by the process..lets get down to basics 1st..when did you apply?Have u received any calling email yet?Just to also ease your anxiety,if the closing date for the application was say Jan 31st,don't expect to be called within a week from closing date as such..they take time abit and are unfortunately quite sloppy with the process of communication..but if you have met the minimum requirements,expect an Email..not an sms and not a phone call..just an email..then the process will start..
Whether easy or hard,i just advice you have an open mind and don't listen to people..go and judge for yourself but if you have gone through the Kenyan system well..you will hack..maybe tricky but manageable..i'l give u tips when u start the process..otherwise right now ul forget...lol..
Hope for the best..hii kitu utaweza,hakuna ugumu

GooseA380
9th Feb 2011, 11:08
Suppose a recruit doesnt want to go to 43rd or to any other flying school in Africa for that matter, but instead wants to give himself the best pilot training this planet has to offer, say in the best flying school in the U.S of A..... how likely is it that KQ will oblige?:ugh:

dzaque
9th Feb 2011, 18:14
Whats you definition of best flying training? :suspect:

dzaque
9th Feb 2011, 18:20
the new deadline is june 2011 so it seems they want very many guys after all

Skillz-Kevo
10th Feb 2011, 04:30
KQ has its own training program if you are to be under its cadet program,the AB initio program..if you want your own training,you go for it and once your done,apply to KQ for direct entry otherwise they have no direct obligation to you if you train your own way..but SA is good,cheap for starters compared to US of A and basics are the same,just facilities may differ so it makes no sense unless basics vary

Lee-I
10th Feb 2011, 13:45
will the extension of the application period to june 2011 delay the calling e-mails??

Captain Ogilo
11th Feb 2011, 08:11
i guess with the new deadline, the all awaited for e mails will just have to wait...patience people..
:{

GooseA380
11th Feb 2011, 10:03
my dreams deserve the challenge of acquiring the best professional pilot training available. someone pointed out that the basics in 43rd are the same but that the facilities may differ,,,, it just seems to me that those who train with the best facilities must have an edge over the rest of us... not only that, but when you train with the best,,, if you come out on top then surely u are the best. I have set out to become the best pilot this world has ever seen,,,, that demands the best facilities in training, the best instructors, and a surrounding of trainees at the cutting edge of aviation. I am sure it is in KQ's best interest to have the best pilots in the world, especially since they'v been expanding more and more into the international arena

Skillz-Kevo
11th Feb 2011, 17:00
Thats true as well...but unlike the normal system and curriculums that we are all used to..aviation has standards,international standards..a medium level turn is still a medium level turn whether you do it in the best institution or not,an approach is the same regardless of who teaches you,its up to you to perfect..being the best is a personal commitment that also comes with experience but keep that dream going..its a good motivation.
But i do agree,good facilites make it much easier to learn and more comfortable..but in terms of being the best..work hard..

Captlg
12th Feb 2011, 13:46
Hey pal,I suppose that you want the best training available but you have to realise that principles of flight are basically the same,whether you even train using a simulator or try the real stuff.To become a master is all about perfection and experience.When you first rode a bike or learnt how to swim,the experience was the same,whether it was in a grand swimming pool or the local river,same with flying,good facilities enhance your experience but its not mandatory,you'll get more experience when you begin flying for the airline.Cheers.

Captlg
12th Feb 2011, 13:53
I reckon there are some guyz from last years AB initio coming to 43rd air school,I know one but I don't think he's a PPRuNer,but of late KQ has taken most guyz to Progress.

Skillz-Kevo
12th Feb 2011, 15:38
Yeah man..the last two groups went to progress but the other one is coming to 43 now..it had to be balanced i guess coz 43 now has 3 groups while progress had just one,actually just two people..so now they have two groups there..the 1st two groups from 43 finished so just one group is here and the ones we expect later this month..
I got hold of a few,thanks..actually ni mamovie tunataka...lol

Skillz-Kevo
14th Feb 2011, 11:51
On the application form..when you go to your profile on jobs applied,you can go down to where it reads certificate and under the space with grades..type in (English-Grade,Maths-Grade,Physics-Grade) then also write Average Mean Grade..that should sort out your application..
Don't be worried,if you have met the minimum requirements and you went through the steps properly,they will call you and verify as the process continues about the grades..all the best..

bonchisdecha
14th Feb 2011, 12:29
i guess the extension is just a new intake coz i just received an invitation for the aptitude test scheduled for this 17th at 7:30 am (of all the bad days-i will be having an exam) :ugh:any one with an idea what to expect? i will really appreciate any tips!!

Captlg
14th Feb 2011, 14:45
The first aptitude test will be conducted at Embakasi Air Base.They will first verify your documents at the KQ office then you'll head to the Military Base.They will check your height and weight after which you do a series of short timed exams,inclusive of chemistry chemical equations,physics-pulley system,differential speeds,loads etc.mathematics,mechanical reasoning,flight instrument readings(you'll be lectured for about five minutes on this section).Just make sure your speed and accuracy is very high.Cheers.

Captain Doc1
14th Feb 2011, 16:24
goodluck to you and all who will be taking the exams on 17th,just a quick question,when did you apply? And did you fill all the gaps on the application form?

bonchisdecha
15th Feb 2011, 05:20
thanks captlg for the information hope i will benefit from this. capt doc1 yes i filled in all the information but if it is your id that keeps disappearing, then fill it in the special pass/ passport number tab. i did that after reading it from this thread and my application went through

captainpilot
15th Feb 2011, 14:29
thirty six hours left.Anxiety and stress is rushing in.Can any one please clarify on the issue of aptitude test. I understand maths,loads are one of the examinable topics but if i may kindly ask are this in depth questions? I left school two years ago and seem to have forgotten most of the topics am in trouble? Please kindly help

Captain Zorro
15th Feb 2011, 16:34
Hey guys,received an email to attend the first interview(aptitude) on thursday. Anyone know what to expect,what to prepare and carry for this all important ground breaking step?? kevo...any of you gus who have already gone through it?

Imanikapitan
15th Feb 2011, 16:57
captain zorro and bonchisdecha I will be going there too this for the aptitude test carry a calculator and a biro just to be safe

so does anyone out there know how I could get to Kenya Airways Head Office Old Airport road? That is where we are supposed to go? Right?

Skillz-Kevo
15th Feb 2011, 20:35
Hey guys,just to ease tension abit..things are really easy for the 1st stage but its the anxiety and panic that makes many have careless mistakes..please note that no calculators are allowed..you just need a biro..nothing else
Maths is simple calculations like quadratics,simultaneous equations and basic algebra,making subject of the formula,relative speed and simultaneous equations..also know conversions e.g. from inches to feet..there is a question asking how many cms make an inch..as direct as that and all questions have choices,make educative guesses by ellimination if you can..Chemistry was kinda hard but it will be so to everyone so dont stress about it..relax people,eat well coz you will spend the whole day there and no lunch so heavy breakfast from home.
Pay attention in the small lecture you will be given on how to interpret aircraft equipment and all will go well..
Anything you guys need to know just use this forum,will guide you through the process and hopefully see you soon..but i doubt you will find our group still here because we are almost done..cheerz ladies and gents and all the best..dont panic,relax..work fast and accurate..you will be surprised how easy the questions are but limited time,i can assure you most wont finish the questions..

capkenya
16th Feb 2011, 06:06
I also got the email. Thursday it is. So us who are meeting on Thursday(tomorrow), best of luck. And can we contact each other off list before tomorrow?

Roy Master
16th Feb 2011, 10:09
Thanks so much for your guidance of the nature of what to expect tomorrow we are very appreciative as we await for our aptitude.Thank

Captain Doc1
16th Feb 2011, 10:20
Hey all? Hope you are good. For all going in tommorow I know you will all make it to the end so enjoy...you give us hope that our applications will be received soon too. Remeber that you guys using the same brain have been passing similar exams since you were 6 years old so this is just another one of them. Im praying for all of you to make it. See you in the sky!:ok:

Captain Ogilo
16th Feb 2011, 11:16
congratulations to all those who have recieved the invitation email for the aptitude..as for those who are still waiting like me, patience...:D

Skillz-Kevo
16th Feb 2011, 14:26
Just a few that i can remember..something about chemical name of plasta of paris..how many cms make an inch...which metal burns with the brightest flame..mmmhhhh,can't remember many specific questions just topic coverage but relax guys,eat heavy breakfast to sustain you during the day and success..u are all smart fellaz,dont forget that

Imanikapitan
16th Feb 2011, 15:42
hey everyone.....lets meet tomorrow at the kenya airways head office old airport road.....be the as early as possible....relax don't be tense ;)))) all the best....

captainpilot
16th Feb 2011, 16:36
The time has come best of luck to everyone.As for people like me who have finished school a few years back and seem to have forgotten most of the stuff.may luck just be on our side

Skillz-Kevo
17th Feb 2011, 19:20
Hey,the article is ok there..only one change,for the Ab initio..there is no flight test..thats for direct entry..then for Ab initio..it used to be psychometric then medicals then psychomotor but nowadays its psychometric then psychomotor then medical then board interview...

El-capitane
17th Feb 2011, 20:19
I am seriously overwhelmed by recent unfolding. When I saw guys had already received invitation e-mails, I thought :mad: am done :ugh:.but alas I today received an e-mail inviting me for the aptitude test on the 22nd of February 2011. I have been following the thread and I must say it has been of indispensable help in every step I took in the application process! Thanks Kevo,....and all o y'all!:ok:

PaulMarsel
17th Feb 2011, 20:28
what are the aptitude tests like.......i have an interview on tuesday and i have no clue what to expect

supercaptain
17th Feb 2011, 21:29
Wish those who did their aptitude today all the best and those doing theirs on tuesday. Give it your best shot and let God do the rest. Hope you all make it :)

Lee-I
18th Feb 2011, 16:58
Thenx guyz for your support. I am one of the guyz who went for the aplitude on the 17th of thursday, n i guess i did well, thenx 2 my almighty. we have just been invited for another intervew on the 21st of feb. its a psychometric test. anyone who has an idea what 2 expect, your assisstance will b appreciated.

captainpilot
18th Feb 2011, 19:39
Lee I boss what time did you receive the e mail

Skillz-Kevo
18th Feb 2011, 20:21
Well done to all those who passed the Aptitudes on Thursday...psychometric awaits..go for it..practice drawing straight lines using both hands now..and think of all the creative things you can make out of just crooked lines,bent lines etc..and see how many letter 's' can you right in 6 seconds,9 and 13 seconds,in reverse and the two combines..more like S2S2S2..

UnregCaptain
19th Feb 2011, 13:43
Hello,

@ Lee-I, I've been invited for an aptitude test on February 22nd and I need pointers on what is the test about? What should i expect? Thank you in advance for your assistance. :)

samajor
19th Feb 2011, 18:28
Lee, wat kinda questions are we bound to meet on 22nd? tell us wat you got then we'd work something out! May The Almighty God guide our souls on this day!:)

Lee-I
20th Feb 2011, 08:17
captainpilot, I received my e-mail on friday and they even called, were you in the group that did the aplitude on 17th? for those who are taking the aplitude on 22nd, it basicaly test hw fast n accurate you are. you will receive 5 sets of aplitude evaluation, testing on: mathematics, shape identification, instrumentation, mechanical reasoning and a general science paper. for the general paper this are simple chemistry and physics questions, like effect of an acid on a litmus paper.wish u all the best guyz. skillz kevo thenx alot. is there any practice that i should b doing in readiness of the psychometric.

Lee-I
20th Feb 2011, 08:35
captainpilot, i recieved my e-mail on 18th and they even took the liberty of calling. skills kevo thenx alot for the heads up. are there specific fieldz they will test us on as it was in the 1st aplitude test? for those going for their 1st aplitude on the 22nd they basicaly test how fast and accurate you are. but dont attempt questions you dont know. they have five fieldz they will test you on, that is: mathematics, instrumentation, mechanical reasoning, general science and shape identification. they are very easy questions you should not worry, the only paper i would like to point out is the general paper. it entails of chemistry and physics questions learnt in high school. such as the effect of acid on litmus paper. all the best guys and say a prayer. it helps

PaulMarsel
20th Feb 2011, 11:16
hey i have samples of pyschometric tests that may help you in your preperation but they mostly test your natural thinking and swift articulation capabilities......i also have aptitudes on tuesday but that i don't know what to expect...was yours tough or you just basic math and science.

Captain Doc1
20th Feb 2011, 12:47
Hey aspiring pilots,thanks for keeping this thread alive,its an invaluable tool to applicants indeed.They say patience is a virtue!this virtue is hard in practice.All 22nd interviewees goodluck and those who made it from the 17th interview for the second aptitude goodluck too.We or rather I'm praying for you..for the rest we continue to be patient.Cheerz!

OZONE3
21st Feb 2011, 10:09
:rolleyes:Hay guyz,i fowarded my application on 28th february and so far i haven't heard from them.i know patience is the key thing here but i atleast expected to be in the second bunch to my dissapointment.i want to encourage guyz like me to keep being patient.but
is there a possibility for us applicants not being notified at all? anyone please..

Captlg
21st Feb 2011, 12:19
The psychometric test is a Morrisby profile test(there are free samples from google)The tests include:determining the patterns of coloured beads,maths(sequences and series)verbal reasoning(like writing down things that are made of wood and are round,things with flat surface etc.)mechanical reasoning,pulleys,stability of loads,which fluid cools faster in various containers with different surface areas...each sections will take 15-30 minutes.You probably won't finish any sections unless you're super fast but the most important thing is to try and maximize your score by getting full marks in the questions you manage to attempt.Its a test which tests your level of speed,accuracy and thinking.Cheers.

CaptGenius
21st Feb 2011, 17:20
To all those doing the interviews, all the best guys. Looking forward to seeing you all. Remember, if you don't make it, it is not the end of everything:=. Got to pick yourself up, dust off and with you head held high, get on with life. Cheers guys.

Arnoldkmutai
22nd Feb 2011, 03:44
Does anybody have any feedback on the direct entry program, or the feedback about? I recently applied, I currently hold a FAA Commercial Pilot License MEL(Multi-Engine Land) & SEL (Single Engine Land) with Instrument rating with over 250+ hours.

Cpt Wairagu
22nd Feb 2011, 16:52
Arnold, Ur email is comin. Got mine jana for direct entry but unfortunately i only have a kenyan ppl. But i hope they consider me for the ab initio. But make sure you have Gas turbines, and +250 hours minus the simulator hours

Arnoldkmutai
22nd Feb 2011, 17:37
Yes I already got my email on 2/21 they just need me to scan in all my info, but not sure if I'm sending the correct American equivalent would be for the following:

O Level Certificate- American High School Diploma also have Bachelor of Science in Aviation Science.

Performance A- High Performance & Complex Engine endorsement in logbook

Gas Turbines- I have completed extensive coursework through the Aviation Science degree program and have research experience with a Pratt Whitney Turbine Engine.

Kenyan CPL with Instrument Rating- FAA CPL MEL/SEL & Instrument Rating

Confirm Total Flight Hours- Logbook my total time is at 286.4 flight hours and only 6 hours of that is sim time.

Can someone please assist, I'm really excited about this opportunity and want to make sure that my application is complete.

PaulMarsel
23rd Feb 2011, 08:55
The guys who did the aptitude on 22nd anyone who has gotn the email for psychometric......I hear that if you don't get feedback within two days then :ugh:

samajor
23rd Feb 2011, 16:49
This waiting time is difficult.if anyone gets wind of who quakifies for the next round please inform us! May God the Almighty bless us! we hope we get there on the 8th

F.O dravida
25th Feb 2011, 08:13
hey guys, I am new here.I have just finished my KCSE and missed out on the application since the results were not out yet, anyone who knows when the next intake will be?

Captain Mutisya
25th Feb 2011, 09:30
Dravida just read through the whole of this thread. It has all you need

PaulMarsel
25th Feb 2011, 13:32
Samajor....did the HR Director(The lady who was checking our certificates) on 22nd say that we'll get our emails on the 8th or by the 8th, that is, any time before and has anyone gotn a response since 22nd?.....

samajor
25th Feb 2011, 19:30
@PAulMarsel, all she said was that the next interviews are scheduled for the 8th of march. i havent heard bout 22nd lot. but for the first lot that did aptitudes last week thrusday n 2nd round in Monday have been called for the final interview! how lucky!:D:D:D:D

lets just keep our hands crossed!
Can any guy help, do the HR communicate over weekends?

Gualtierre
25th Feb 2011, 19:55
Hi,i'd appreciate it if someone could tell me if I can apply just after I get my kcse results on Monday because I know they are a prerequisite...i really don't know when the deadline for application is.:confused:

wanabeeCapt
26th Feb 2011, 02:42
Arnold, I suggest you read the direct entry minimum requirements again just to be sure. Here is the link.

http://http://career.kenya-airways.com/careers/ (http://career.kenya-airways.com/careers/)

Be informed though that you MUST have a Kenyan CPL/IR to meet the minimum requirements to be invited for the interviews. In the meantime you can update your details as necessary as you proceed with your license conversion.

Gualtierre, once you get your results you can apply and as you have heard, the application deadline is around June. What you will be required to do though is to get a KNEC approval for your results slip as soon as possible because obviously your KCSE certificate will not be out yet.

Captain Doc1
28th Feb 2011, 06:57
Hi guys,has any February applicant received an interview email?or does anyone know when the next interview date will be?if anyone gets new information just share,we are in this together.Nice time.

F.O dravida
1st Mar 2011, 06:31
hey wanabee capt, i have just received my kcse results and wanted to know when kq will be inviting people for the next application,, i hear it is usually around november

F.O dravida
1st Mar 2011, 06:35
capt doc have you been called to any interview yet?

Captain Doc1
1st Mar 2011, 10:22
Congrats Dravida on acing your exams,Ive not yet received a reply of my application but Im hoping to do so soon.You should visit KNEC to find out if they could expedite you getting your certificate.The current deadline is in July I think so try to apply before then.Have a nice day.

Roy Master
1st Mar 2011, 10:46
For those we were with in the first group congratulations and wish you success guys. :D:D:D

vukaboda
1st Mar 2011, 13:13
Hi guys.. i did the psychomotor today what are my chances with a score of 1-1-2 and 1-1-2 in the joystick tests..
:sad:

Captain Doc1
1st Mar 2011, 14:51
Hey Vukaboda and Joymaster,when had you guys applied and when did you get the first interview emails?Goodluck Vuka boda,from the blog I gather that as long as your score increases your in.Enjoy.

Captn lulu
1st Mar 2011, 21:06
Hey....my pals status on the application in KQ website reads 'terminate application' .....does that mean no further hope on interviews?

vukaboda
2nd Mar 2011, 05:49
I applied on 20th jan, got the invite on 14th feb, went for aptitude on 17th, they called the next day, went for psychometric on 21st, they called on 25th, went for pilapt yesterday 1st march..

Captain Doc1
2nd Mar 2011, 09:22
okay,I guess we just have to keep waiting...I think you guys have had the fastest recruitment.Goodluck and success,nice day.

UnregCaptain
2nd Mar 2011, 12:29
Deadline for application is 30 June 2011 but don't waste time apply now that you are fresh from high school

Jay36
2nd Mar 2011, 16:47
Hey guys,I was in the group that did the aptitude test on the above date and I've been invited for a psychometric test on Tuesday 8th March.Check your mail comrades,and hope to see you all there.

PaulMarsel
2nd Mar 2011, 16:58
@jay i am also going for psychometric on 8th.
@vukaboda What is the psychometric test like and what are the tricky areas?
Any assistance will be appreciated! This is my first time to do it!

Mattson91
2nd Mar 2011, 19:55
Hey to you all.For those who went for an interview but did not get a feedback,are there still any hopes.Can one apply again.Anyway,good luck for those who have made it through!

Evroza
2nd Mar 2011, 23:06
Hi guys. I cleared my form four last year and am really dying to pursue my passion as a pilot. The thing is i realise the deadline for applying for the Ab Initio programme is before june but being a form four leaver i Just have a waiting card to show for my age. Will my birth certificate be enough to compensate for the ID?

vukaboda
3rd Mar 2011, 04:49
psychometric is basically another aptitude test but here they are more interested in your personality, the trick is to follow every instruction to the letter, try and be fast and accurate as they want to gauge your sharpness. make sure to stop when the lady tells you to and when asked to use your weaker hand i.e. your left hand if your right-handed and vice-verse ,dont cheat because its a trick and you will fail. just be totally honest and fast and accurate. all the best.:ok:

Captain Doc1
3rd Mar 2011, 06:31
Hi aspiring and qualifying pilots?I need to do a simple survey,please if your currently undergoing recruitment,just post an estimate of your group in number i.e those that did pilapt and those that are doing pilapt next week.Then for those that are in S.A coming back next month just tell us how many you are in total.This will help those of us that are anxious like me to estimate how many people will head out next month and roughly gauge how long we have to wait before the first interview,I know patience is the key here but June is almost 4 months away.Does anyone have an idea just how many recruits they want by June?Thanks for your help in advance and enjoy yourselves.

vukaboda
3rd Mar 2011, 08:23
It is quite difficult to tell.. guys go for the tests in different batches.. we were about 31 guys for the pilapt but that also included direct entry appilcants.. so i cant really tell how many ab initio guys were among the 31..

Cpt Wairagu
3rd Mar 2011, 19:29
Any one who applied in feb and has gotten a letter?? Anyone who knw's wat happens to ppl with previous flight experience(ppl) but not yet qualified for direct entry?

Arnoldkmutai
4th Mar 2011, 03:57
I was inquiring about the process for a us faa cpl/ir conversion to kenyan cpl/ir and also need gas turbines & performance "a" endorsements has anybody done this lately? How much was the cost? Where did you do it? Time frame on how long it took? Any exams? Study Material? Any suggestions on how to do it? Can you do any or all of it in the US? I'm looking to get this all completed as soon as possible. Any information on the process, I would greatly appreciate it.

El-capitane
4th Mar 2011, 07:54
In recent times, my participation in this very ingenious thread has suffered serious inadequacies, for which I sincerely apologize.I think it will only be fair that we impart the same vital tips that we so unselfishly acquired from this thread to fellow aspiring professionals. So in the same breathe, I would like to encourage those who were not successful in the first stage that the battle is still on........those applying make sure you meet the standards set viz, B+ and above in physics maths and english....update your id number every time it disappears....then patience is the next very important virtue.
For those up for Tuesday......:ok:

Kenne capt.
5th Mar 2011, 05:50
Arnold, for the conversion you need to do a TTR exam for the plane you do your form64 (flight test), conversion exam, gas turbines and performance A. I recently did them and the conversion exam is VERY challenging! Total cost about 30000 for exams alone

EchoKilo
5th Mar 2011, 06:11
Correction Kenne capt. Gas Turbine and Performance A are not a requirement to convert to Kenyan CPL, those are airline requirements. But you are right about the conversion exam, its :mad: up! I nailed it on 3rd attempt and just barely. Budget on a minimum 500,000 Kshs for conversion if you want multi, IR Kenyan CPL for those intending to convert. For those aspiring ab initio's, all the best :ok:

Kenne capt.
5th Mar 2011, 06:43
Thats true Echokilo, i thought he needed the company requirements for Kenya Airways, my conversion cost around 30000 as I finished all the exams on the first attempt, (after some very hard reading of course) :8 haha, so i stand to be corrected when i say the cost of conversion depends on your success rate and how many times you re-do the exams, congrats on finishing up the conversion, its no easy task:ok:

wanabeeCapt
5th Mar 2011, 20:39
kenne, i believe sh500,000 is around the ballpark figure that will be needed if you are not an ab initio trainee. Consider the cost of booking the form64 flight test, additional solo hours if expired, IR test etc etc.

Arnoldkmutai
5th Mar 2011, 21:24
What is so difficult about the conversion exam? Also Kenne did u get this completed at a flight school in kenya or where? How long did it take? What is a TTR Exam (flying? or written?) I am looking to have this information posted to my Kenya Airways application profile. Also do you lose your FAA CPL when u convert to the Kenya CPL? I have been trying to do any research online and seem to be getting nowhere.

Captain Doc1
6th Mar 2011, 01:44
No pun intended but the conversion guys you seem to be delving out of the purpose of the thread,it would be much better for you and others in your situation if you began a thread with the title'conversion to Kenyan CPL'and left this thread to aspiring ab initios.For the rest of hopefull applicants,keep hope alive,if you get that treasured e-mail give it your total best and nothing less if you really want this.I've heard only 20 guys have successfuly completed training and will be flying back next month as F.Os.That notwithstanding,goodluck and success to those taking pilapt on Tuesday,for the rest lets keep praying and faith that we shall soon get the e-mails.Have a great Sunday.

Newbie787
6th Mar 2011, 06:55
For the group that did the psycho-motor on 1st March, the medical is on 9th of March. Check you emails and Good luck to us all. Though this is a bit out of our academic control.:8

Gualtierre
6th Mar 2011, 07:52
congrats:D:D:D to all of you who have come this far,patience is one virtue i've learnt you have to posses to get what you desire.i'm praying for you guys to excell and qualify too and hope to meet you in the skies soon...Thanks to you all who keep this thread alive because its you guys who give us who are to come the psyche and the know of what to expect.I salute you.you are the best...:ok:

Jay36
6th Mar 2011, 16:03
Congratulations to the guys doing the medicals on wednesday,you are our role models so to speak.Have you been asked to submit your passports,certificates of good conduct,yellow fever certificates and or any other documents yet?Am finding it unusual that the HR lady asked us to have the above documents as we go for our psychometric on tuesday.

Newbie787
7th Mar 2011, 04:25
They haven't asked for the passport and stuff, but they will ask after the medical or last interview. Just so u know, you wont have enough time to apply after the last interview, so it's better you just apply early if you are confident. As for the psycho-motor, the best advice is do not panic, on the first try you will almost definitely fail, but the point is to learn from that and try get better scores.

mikesos
7th Mar 2011, 12:12
Guys help me out asap!
how do one apply 4 the KQ ab initio programe...please give the link!:confused:

Skillz-Kevo
7th Mar 2011, 12:35
Ala..kuna watu wameitwa medicals already?Sawa sawa..the other group is due when?Psychomotor is yet to be done for the 2nd batch eeh?

koechgc
7th Mar 2011, 12:53
how do i make application for the ab initio pilot training?

El-capitane
7th Mar 2011, 16:39
To apply for the program, go to the Kenya Airways website, enter the careers portal, then click on the new jobs on the left side of your screen.......you will however have to open an account with them [do not lose your password]. In the new jobs you will see the ab-initio pilot training vacancy and start the application.
During the application process you will notice that the ID number keeps disappearing, do not panic, it happens to everyone just update it.In the place for academic qualifications click on other, then certificate, then KCSE. enter the corresponding grades as applicable and submit your application.
Most of the other details are in this very thread! Success in your undertakings!

If I was in primary school this would have been my composition............
My heart was beating DEK,DEK, under my countable ribs, reminiscent of the West African Tom-Tom drums. My knees seem to melt into a jelly, wobbling under the weight of my torso. I was shaking, shaking like the leaves of a eucalyptus tree in a stormy night.I kept counting my fingers as if I wasn't sure they were ten.......................[It was usually at this point that someone was kidnapped]

worldflyer777
7th Mar 2011, 19:39
Has anyone heard of when they will call the next group for ab initio or direct entry. I have heard late March or in April. Can someone confirm?

mikesos
8th Mar 2011, 10:38
:DThanx................application pap

Mattson91
8th Mar 2011, 19:38
Hey guys.Who has an idea what the psychomotor is all about?

Skillz-Kevo
9th Mar 2011, 08:19
Its basically what they call eye-hand cordination...you will now use your body to pass this one..using a joystick in some sections and a mouse in the other..you will get concentration tests,shapes derived from a web of shapes and u must decipher which web it was extracted from..then balancing a glide slope and localiser (just maintaining a cross in the middle of the screen with one line tending to move left and right,the other up and down)...passing a miniature aircraft through some boxes moving progressively towards u etc..its purely a test of inborn skills..all the best man..put ua heart and mind to it and ul sail through

Jetdriver
9th Mar 2011, 11:15
There are a lot of new posters on this thread who may or may not have read the entire content. Can I please issue the regular reminder about the use of "textspeak."

Great when using your cellphone, not so great when posting on this site where clear communication is an integral part of the profession. It is quite irritating to a signficant portion of the audience to see "2" instead of to, or "plz" instead of please, and "u" instead of you, "ur" instead of you are, etc.

We understand that many people are not posting in their first language, and whilst not wanting to be too Draconian, it is likely to result in the deletion of the post if the contribution is little more than unadulterated "text."

Thank you.

capkenya
9th Mar 2011, 14:05
For those who have been through this thing, and have been successful enough to finishing the training, I have a few questions just to encourage us who have applied for the interview:
1. How long does the training take
2. How much/part of your salary is used to pay back the loan for training
3. How long does it take to pay it back(the loan)
4. How much are you likely to earn in the first years/months

This will help some of us way our options.
Thank you.
(Followed the Jet-law-art of writing :))

Captain Doc1
9th Mar 2011, 17:18
This may sound harsh and naive but whatever you decide to pursue for your career must be above all something you very much enjoy doing and love.Much as money is a key factor,trust me,you dont want to be in your mid fortys and realise you are in the wrong field...Im not a pilot yet but I knew ever since I first saw real planes at wilson when I was 5 that I want to fly.The thought of a flight deck gives me goosebumps and makes my heart pump much harder,besides the feeling of excitement.Offer me a thousand per month to fly or a million to do anything else and I will choose flight!What I know is it all boils down to you and if you really want something when opportunity arises you would'nt think twice about grabbing the opportunity and never looking back.I guess what I'm saying is if you really want this,you should not be thinking about anything else but praying to God that you get that precious e-mail and get to live your dream.Anyway,that's just me.

capkenya
10th Mar 2011, 06:28
I also have the Passion. The inquiry was based on how best some of us should follow their dream, and if I am to do something I love and get bonus payment for it, well that would be heaven on earth.
Captain Doc congratulations by the way.

Anyone still got any details on that... :sad:

Nxtpilot
10th Mar 2011, 07:45
Hey guys!!I am new to the forum and I find it quite helpful.I have an inquiry though, I applied for the Ab initio pilot trainee on 18th Jan. but up to date I haven't been contacted.On the website it still reads active application. Will there be another intake and when?? Please assist.:sad:

Captlg
10th Mar 2011, 10:23
Well,i think what first officers earn for a start varies with airlines but I can guarantee you that this is one career about enjoyment and adrenaline more than money satisfaction,there are pilots the world over willing to fly you for free so just remember that training costs or salary afterwards shouldn't hinder your career choice.Get your blue book first that gets you into the cockpit,the rest follows.

El-capitane
10th Mar 2011, 13:54
I've heard reliable rumours, from reliable sources that mails are already out and flying. Lads and lasses hasten to your mails!:D:D:D

F.O dravida
11th Mar 2011, 06:26
hey fellow ppruners! i have been following this thread for quite some time now. i have come to notice that the people who enter the interviews stage do not contribute often..please guys post about your interviews experiences and how you find the process and give some advice to some of us wanabees. your assistance is highly appreciated in this forum so please try and be our mentors through it all.we shall meet in the sky sooner or later but with your help im sure it will be sooner than later. congratulations to all those who hove made it to the medicals and are going south:ok:.have you been called for the orals yet? and when are you leaving for south.and anyone with information about the next batch of recruits to be going please assist....

Newbie787
14th Mar 2011, 15:35
the medicals have been going on for a while now. the cardio was last week, I think all nine of us made it. they put you on a treadmill and run it for a strong 9 minutes. you will pant like crazy. but it's OK. we are now waiting for the third medical, waiting.

UnregCaptain
15th Mar 2011, 07:51
For those who did the psychomotor test on 14h March when should we expect feedback??

Elijah Mairura Arasa
15th Mar 2011, 11:46
Wow that's superb.....it lengthens my hopes of flying high some day.When does someone expect a reply after making an application?:confused:

Newbie787
15th Mar 2011, 14:14
the last medical,lung test,is now this week,just got the call.
for those who did psychomotor, the results are already out by now. you wil be contacted either tomorrow or friday.

UnregCaptain
15th Mar 2011, 14:54
Thanks Newbie787, there is still hope then!!

Skillz-Kevo
15th Mar 2011, 17:47
Hey..I'm glad KQ has finally made arrangements for the stress ECG (The treadmill thing) and the lung function test.You are the 1st group to do them from there.The rest after 8 months they tell us that we never had them and by law we were flying illegally.
Just make sure when you choose a representative, you carry the printouts of the stress ECG and lung function tests so that incase SACAA asks for them you send from here instead of repeating all over again.

captain jotham
16th Mar 2011, 16:32
hey.anyone have any idea if those who did the psychomotor test on march 14th 2011 have been contacted.still waiting........

UnregCaptain
16th Mar 2011, 19:10
captainjotham..I know two other guys and myself have not been contacted.

Captain Doc1
17th Mar 2011, 17:57
Hey guys,Im alittle perplexed by something,..the first group to attend interviews this year has 2 batches,the 1st batch are undergoing the medicals and the 2nd just recieved results of their psychomotor,and are preparing for their medicals right?The KQ website has a press release stating that they sent a group of 8 people down to S.A apparently recruited this year..anyone with an idea who the 8 guys are or are some of the posts regarding the interview this year incorrect?Anyone care to enlighten me?

mlolongo
17th Mar 2011, 19:05
Captain am also perplexed bout the group sent down SA coz the last intake was kitambo.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: am also not aware of 2nd group having their psychomotor test results coz some applications are terminated while others are active but NO communication from KQ for the medicals. or maybe the number 8 of the ones sent to SA is a hint of the number they require this time round? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Skillz-Kevo
17th Mar 2011, 20:41
The group of 8 came in early this month..the next group is expected end of this month..the ones undergoing medicals..14 of them..

captain jotham
18th Mar 2011, 04:12
anyone with news on whether those who did their psychomotor test on 14th march have received their results..all guys I know haven't been contacted.please help if you have an idea

rainbowsohigh
18th Mar 2011, 06:24
I was among the 24 who did the psychomotor test on monday of this week and of yet i have not received any feedback from KQ, my other three friends haven't either...so its either none of us qualified or these guys are into sardistic torture by way of anxiety. Someone....anyone out there who's heard from them....or are we alone?:uhoh:

captain chico
18th Mar 2011, 06:41
The 8 guys who went to south africa this year were recruited last year but were told to wait until january to go downsouth.by the way, is there anyone on the know about when another group will be called for the 1st interview?

F.O dravida
18th Mar 2011, 07:13
anyone who knows when KQ will be calling people again for applications after june is over? will they have another intake this year?

Captain Doc1
18th Mar 2011, 08:38
Hey Chico,thanks.You're right,they were told to wait to go to 43 last year and were supposed to head to school in Jan this year but were delayed..I guess I read the press release wrongly.Have a nice day and enjoy yourselves,goodluck to those doing the interview.

wanabeeCapt
18th Mar 2011, 11:18
rainbowsohigh, i know two recruitees who did their psychomotor on monday and who were contacted to attend their medical today. Keep checking your email though...last is not always least.

rainbowsohigh
18th Mar 2011, 13:49
Thanks WanabeeCapt for the information. Guess we'll just have to wait..and pray.

Newbie787
19th Mar 2011, 12:22
It's all over now i suppose. After the last medical yesterday, the lung function test, It's as if we all got good test results. We are still 9 of us, I don't know if we will do the oral interviews, but at this stage I guess we are through, at least that's what I am told by some students in SA. I don't know how the number will hit the 14 mark, but maybe KQ might have to recall some interviewees.

captain chico
20th Mar 2011, 08:59
congrats newbie.i want to apply but i first want to know when they need the passport and the certificate of good conduct.also,how long does it take to have those two documents.thank you in advance

UnregCaptain
22nd Mar 2011, 17:40
Some of those who did the Psychomotor test on March 14th have received feedback. The rest of us we hope until we are told bluntly that we didn't make it:)

captain jotham
24th Mar 2011, 10:44
I was e-mailed by the Kq HR on tuesday inviting me for medicals on wednesday 22nd march.we were 8 of us and the medicals are now over for the second group.hoping for the best.

Captain James Kirk
26th Mar 2011, 21:29
Hello,

Are there any [early] March applicants who have received the invitation yet? Or better, anybody with information about when the next batch will be called in?
Thanks.

capmaina
30th Mar 2011, 18:26
hallo my name is peter and i applied for the abinitio training on 27 jan could anybody advice on way forward please:uhoh::uhoh::confused::confused:

UnregCaptain
30th Mar 2011, 18:38
capmaina

Hi, I think you should just wait because they have not called in another group for interviews. You will probably know through this forum when they start calling the next group.

captain jotham
31st Mar 2011, 16:27
@Cpt kirk........don't worr.just be patient.they will call you.
@Cpt maina...........the maximum age is 24 so you are eligible.you will be contacted.
If there's anything this KQ applications and interviews is the need for patience,confidence and preparedness.KQ are good at mental torture........the waiting....oh God!All the best to all those waiting to be called.

capmaina
31st Mar 2011, 22:15
kudos to the forum. . Just wanted to confirm if there is anythng to attach on the online application e.g kcse certificate and how . .

captain jotham
1st Apr 2011, 03:00
nope.just make sure your online application is active and also edit your academic qualifications.no attachments needed.don't be nervous,I am sure you will be called for the interviews soon.always remember to place your trust in God and to do the best you can in everything you do leaving the rest to Him.

jijia
5th Apr 2011, 06:24
am 24 yrs 10months thats like 25..am i still legible for the AB initio training program??

Roy Master
5th Apr 2011, 06:30
I need your assistance please i went through the interviews unsuccessfully and i think of applying again.Should i wait until two years are over or can I apply again.Anyone who has the information please ?

Gualtierre
6th Apr 2011, 08:07
Has anyone who applied in march got the email yet?...congrats to all who passed the last tests:D:D:D

Captain Doc1
9th Apr 2011, 14:00
Hey guys,it appears this forum is slowly dying off!!So,Cpt Jotham and the other guys who had been invited for oral interviews on Monday,how was the interview and when are you guys set to leave for flight school?Those who've made it through this program and are working for KQ could surely lobby for improved communication from their employer and better yet,a fixed time table of the program from recruitment to finish similar to Quantas..it would go a long way in ensuring no one is left out.

Captain James Kirk
9th Apr 2011, 15:29
A better communication/schedule platform for K.Q would make everything so much easier.

mlolongo
9th Apr 2011, 16:38
Oral interviews were just a know me know you forum and we got some general questions from the panel. This group leaves for Bhisho campus- 43 air sch on 14th April after being postponed twice from 11th and 12th due to Visa delays. We are 17 guys. Good luck to every(one).

Newbie787
9th Apr 2011, 17:22
I shall speak for Captain Jotham on this one, seeing as I was in that same "Interview". Actually, it was more like a briefing, a very dynamic briefing done in the presence of everyone. They get to ask questions like "why aviation?" and you get to give the same old boring story of how when you were a kid you saw an aeroplane and it was flying and blah blah blah. Actually, they don't listen to your answer at that point, it doesn't affect anything, but saying something funny grabs their attention. It worked for some people. So the Interview went well, we are awaiting the final debrief which has been delayed thanks to SA embassy delaying with the passports. But as for the flight date, it's scheduled for Thursday. Actually it's a very hectic process after the medicals, you get very short notices on when to go do something somewhere and you have to do it, so it gets crazy hectic, I have been saying bye to my peeps and postponing until now I've just stopped saying bye. Oh, 1 more thing, there has been a revision of the recruiting process, so once you get to the medicals, you might as well start packing. The psychomotor is where they now drop down to the required numbers.

Newbie787
11th Apr 2011, 15:55
We are the January applicants. This is the final oral interview I'm talking about. The interview process itself started like mid February.

Captain James Kirk
14th Apr 2011, 16:26
Hey, this thread shouldn't be zombiefied! Newbie and the rest, have you guys flown out yet? Any updates?

Newbie787
15th Apr 2011, 17:51
No, the flight is for this Monday morning. We had to postpone because of visa delays and the connecting flight being full. We suggested the better communication platform to HR, and believe me, I think the next bunch of recruits will have it much better, because even Mr. Naikuni was there and He said steps have to be taken to improve that.

Captain Doc1
16th Apr 2011, 14:32
Newbie and the other 16 guys THANK YOU! Good luck and have fun down south even as you work towards that coveted left seat.A toast:D for all those that gave it a shot and salute :ok: to those that made you.We hope to join you soon.........

Captain James Kirk
17th Apr 2011, 18:18
That's good to hear. Sorry for the delays though-personally I'm used to that kind of thing. [Preventing rant about wanting to be upper-class]

All the best in your training. And keep leading the way, we are a few steps behind you. I bid you Godspeed.

capmaina
20th Apr 2011, 14:42
To all the PPRune user and the march/April applicants; any idea as to when the next intake will be because from the KQ website on latest news,it is stating that the 17 guys who flew on Monday were the last group for 2011 please reply and keep me updated thank you all

Jay36
21st Apr 2011, 03:38
Cap Maina,am told the 17 were the last batch for the 2010-2011 financial year,to make 100.So the next batch which are likely to start the interview process after 30 June 2011 will be the first for the 2011-2012 financial year.So not to worry.

capmaina
21st Apr 2011, 07:31
Am worried because by the end of this year i may have attained the max age bracket so i just don't know what to expect as in it is my first and last trial for my career.i curse my self for knowing this late and on concentrating on university fully for all the years (wasted) anyway lets hold on in prayer and hope God who lives will open the way

capmaina
4th May 2011, 08:40
halloo guys why this long silence is there anything wrong? hope not future pilot. we are still waiting for the big interview day beginning June 30th its heard from the rumors that this year will be the largest batch ever all the best pal bye

captcarew
5th May 2011, 14:22
This job calls for patience and one always on his toes.I observe that all wait in awe and find myself in the league ...

Peter Njagi
8th May 2011, 11:16
am abit troubled, am a new applicant and i would gladly welcome some help and guideline on how to apply follow and cleanly attain the pilot career with KENYA AIRWAYS.please do also state clearly where to post my qualification.anyone please help.......thanks in advance.

Gualtierre
11th May 2011, 08:47
peter...i may suggest you read the other posts in this forum,i believe you'll get what you want in detail...or you email me i'll give you the full details rather than posting thngs that are already in the forum.

Gualtierre
16th May 2011, 06:51
No one has gotten any email yet because kq 's financial year hasn't started,i think it would start by June,thats when the 2011/2012 ab initios would be called...on the height issue,from what i've been told is that those guys are very strict on what they ask for and its precisely what they say,is what they take,between 5''4 and 6''2...cheers

KRSGinger
18th May 2011, 14:06
Hi Guys...and Gal...for those who have successfully applied..what is this about a 5.4m loan with co-operative bank?. I thought KQ was to settle all the costs during the training. Who has an idea?

Cpt.Jumkit
24th May 2011, 14:35
The 5.4M loan is the amount of money per person that Kenya Airways loans from Co-operative bank to train the cadets who get selected into the AB Initio programme.

brianom12
1st Jun 2011, 07:59
they say that one has to have good eyesight does it mean that those who wear glasses are rejected?

Mark5
2nd Jun 2011, 12:10
Hi, is there any one who has received an email notification for june interview ...and how many interviews are normally conducted??

Captain Doc1
3rd Jun 2011, 02:02
Hey guys,two friends of mine just got invitations for interview on the 6th of this month,if you applied between feb and may you should check your inbox.My application was however terminated despite having met and surpassed the minimum requirements,anyone else in similar circumstance with an idea of how to proceed? I have re-applied with a new account but the application is yet to be activated,anyway,for now goodluck to all of you taking interviews next week.God bless you all.

Captain Mutisya
3rd Jun 2011, 08:10
Captain doc1, that's two of us... I'm confused...:ugh:

Captain Doc1
3rd Jun 2011, 13:20
Hey Mutisya,I dont know why ours were terminated.The new application is no different,its not been activated since yesterday so I guess we have to contact the programme co-ordinator and await her guidance on the matter.

Capt. Skystar B.
4th Jun 2011, 22:15
Hi everyone.
I would like to thank you all for keeping this forum alive and quite resourseful to the wannabees.I received an email on wenesday requesting me to attend an interview(aptitude test) scheduled for Monday 6th,7:30 AM. On Friday as well i recieved a phone call from a lady in KQ who wanted to confirm my attendance.Any one out there who has recieved an email or a phone call to this effect...?For those with whom i share the dream of being in the cockpit one day,its my prayer and wish that this becomes our first step towards achieving it.

FlyingJuggernaut
6th Jun 2011, 15:48
Hi guys, want to first say that this forum is proving to be really useful, we should ensure that we keep it alive.
I am among the guys who did today's aptitude test, around 100people showed up, this test really requires a lot of speed and accuracy.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/worry.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/worry.gif
Next test is the Psychometric test, would anyone mind filling me up on what to expect?? As for those who are also undergoing the interview process good luck to ya'll!!! Hope we will make it down south!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

initiocandidate
6th Jun 2011, 15:52
all the best to those who will be taking the apptitude tests tomorow. its a challnge and you will leave very tired.

Once again All The Best

Mark5
6th Jun 2011, 17:50
What about those of us whose applications are still active but have'nt yet received the first e-mails for interviews

FlyingJuggernaut
6th Jun 2011, 20:16
@ Mark5,the interviews are done in groups so if ua application is active jus be patient and am sure they will contact you..all the best!

FlyingJuggernaut
7th Jun 2011, 09:49
another thing..those of u who went for the aptitude test today(7th) how many were u??

CommanderPete
7th Jun 2011, 14:38
Man I have just submitted my application for the AB, I have As in all the subjects required and am 5'5 tall, do you think I have any chance to be selected.

Captain Joe
8th Jun 2011, 10:06
@flyingjuggernut.Hello,the psychometric test is basically a test of your hand,eye and feet co-ordination.The most important aspect of it is relaxation and accuracy.

Has anyone else received and email on 7th June 2011 requesting them to scan and send a copy of their KCSE certificate?

capmaina
8th Jun 2011, 12:05
me too brotha i cant get the reason for this anyone out thea who has any information jas to why?

Cpt Wairagu
8th Jun 2011, 15:20
Got my Letter on 7th. After waiting for four months. They requested i send my KCSE\GCSE result, will send them tomorrow and await their reply

FlyingJuggernaut
9th Jun 2011, 05:42
@captain Joe..I think you are taking about the psychomotor test..the psychometric test is more of an aptitude test but requires one to be more faster,a morrisby profile test to be specific..have you been invited for the first interview?

Captain James Kirk
9th Jun 2011, 07:55
Just got the second invite for the psychometric test tomorrow. This whole short notice thing is very inconveniencing. (But I'm not complaining!)

Captain Joe
9th Jun 2011, 09:33
@flyingjuggernaut,my bad but thank you for the correction.The psycho motor test mainly utilises a joystick where you'll be seated behind a monitor that has two lines crossing each other while the screen is moving.The aim is for one to maintain the two lines at the centre.This could also involve flying a mini aircraft.

I'm still waiting for that all important email.

However,this is from the observations I've been conducting on other recruitment processes so if anyone has a different view feel free to comment.

For assistance just visit YouTube and search for videos for the recruitment into the Royal Airforce (RAF).This will give you an idea of it.

Good luck to all those waiting to sit the psycho motor test

FlyingJuggernaut
10th Jun 2011, 09:56
psychometrics-check!..waiting for psychomotor.

Mark5
10th Jun 2011, 10:50
My application is still active but am worried. Could i be the only one still waitiing for the first interview invitation?

worldflyer777
10th Jun 2011, 22:00
For those of you who attended the tests last week, was it all AB Intios or were there direct entry candidates too?

Captain James Kirk
14th Jun 2011, 10:18
^ It's very hard to tell (obviously?) because that didn't come up in the conversations - and we weren't separated into abs and directs or anything. But, judging by the relative age-looks very few may have been directs(or were abs but just look like they are over 24)

Captain James Kirk
16th Jun 2011, 15:25
Update: Just got called by the lovely lady at career-conn.. Psychomotor on Monday. Everyone waiting, better not lose your cellphones!

brianom12
16th Jun 2011, 19:35
hi guys anybody called for psychomotor on tuesday?

Captain Mutisya
17th Jun 2011, 08:48
finally!!! I'm in. Tuesday it is for the psychomotor. Brianom12, atleast that's two of us. All the best y'all!:):D

owinottieno
17th Jun 2011, 21:13
hey guys am alittle woried bout colour deficiency..can colour blind guys make it through the the recruitment portal....pwiz shed some light..:sad:

Captain Doc1
18th Jun 2011, 10:20
I salute you and all that made it.Mutisya it appears the KQ system is against me but I'm keeping up the hope. I wish you all the best and I'm proud one of us made it,Keep God first and everything will be superb.

joasom
18th Jun 2011, 14:21
Hi guys,Asman here,no word or phrase can explain the much l have learnt from your posts.l am one guy who was on the verge of losing hope on pursuing my dream of being a pilot considering the flopped attempts l have made;I have applied to KA twice,Liberty University twice,Civil Aviation Flight University of China twice,Wilson's Club 99 ones,Kenya Air Airforce thrice as a cadet and even shotlisted but some inhouse magic saw me out,Embr Riddle Aeronautical Universit and many others.l presume the biggest hurdle to joining these institutions and organisations safe for KQ where one's training is paid for has been funds.l am going to put my best foot foward and give it another shot again in the next KQ's AB Initio intake,kindly guys keep me posted incase of any new developments.