PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Evroza
24th Apr 2012, 09:30
so, she just called again. She said i was diagnosed with hepatitis B positive. I need to go get a second opinion and come back with the official report. Hopefuly i might fly out with you guys. If not, I'll get treatement and maybe join you latter in the next batch

Migire
24th Apr 2012, 09:39
Evroza I wish you well in this

vikkybolt
24th Apr 2012, 11:09
@Evroza, sorry mate about that. Hope all goes well for you. Any idea when they are meant to send out emails for the next stage?

Delt
24th Apr 2012, 11:20
MY guess on the receipt of the emails is Friday, we should be going for orals next week Friday. Evroza everything will turn out okay, have faith.

Evroza
24th Apr 2012, 11:37
Thanks guys @Migire and Vickybolt. I know Hepatitis is a deal breaker but am trying to keep my head up high. Though I've never been sick with such; i just understand some of these things have no direct symptoms.
@Delt, am on my way right now. I'll see you tommorrow morning. Thanks again for the help.

MisterToo
24th Apr 2012, 12:49
@Evroza, am sorry man. I hope for the best, if not a positive second opinion, a quick recovery. Its curable. If i may ask, where are you going for the second test? Aviation doctor still?

Evroza
24th Apr 2012, 12:51
@Mister Too, I have been told i can go to any Gastrologist but Delt hooked me up with a friend. I'm heading to Nai right now. Hoping tommorrow's diagnosis will return an Acute HBV or nothing at all. If its acute, it should be healed in a few months.However, if its chronic am out. :rolleyes:

Delt
24th Apr 2012, 13:06
Gastroentologist. You'll be fine .

victor_benosa
25th Apr 2012, 13:44
Hi, everyone am new here. If you have been invited for aptitude test on May 24, would you mind telling me when you applied? I just applied 3 days ago, when should I expect shortlisting?

victor_benosa
25th Apr 2012, 13:57
@ndambz. Hi, Please just tell me why people say there is too much corruption and tribalism in. How did you manage to go through it and passed. please just give me a headstart. What was the most challenging part of the interview?

Evroza
25th Apr 2012, 17:21
@Victor, well i don't know who put that idea in your mind but i must say it was misplaced. The whole of the interview process is contracted to different organization. Progression is Strictly on your performance. If you come to the interviews with that mindset its a recipee for disaster. Don't listen to such, you might end up boxing a ghost

Migire
26th Apr 2012, 05:36
@Evroza. How is everything?

victor_benosa
26th Apr 2012, 07:45
@Evroza, When did you apply and how long did it take before they invited you for an interview? Forgive my impatience but I hate engineering the course I do now. I really want to change to something interesting I hope I go through.

MisterToo
26th Apr 2012, 09:37
@Victor, you will have to be patient because the current group is still undergoing the interviews and the direct entry pilot lot is being handled as from 24th May and i guess you could be after that. I applied last year december, and started the interviews on 6th March...we are waiting for the last stage-Orals. As for corruption, KQ are very ''Corrupt'' in that they only pick those who meet their set benchmarks. All stages are contracted to differrent companies and so far ours has been transparent.... :)

victor_benosa
26th Apr 2012, 10:38
@MisterToo. Thanks at least you've given me some hopes. But how vigorous are the interviews-i mean more challenging?

victor_benosa
27th Apr 2012, 10:42
@everyone
Suppose I have one dysfunctional ear-will that give me an automatic dismissal?

Peter Sulo
27th Apr 2012, 14:08
@victor benosa how did you apply

Migire
27th Apr 2012, 14:20
@Victor. Check this out, it may be helpful

Audio - JAR Class 1 Hearing Standards | Medical | Personal Licences and Training (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=49&pagetype=90&pageid=533)

victor_benosa
28th Apr 2012, 11:04
@ peter am sorry i delayed answering you pal. go to Kenya Airways - The Pride of Africa (http://www.kenya-airways.com) and then click on careers. they will ask if you are new to the career portal. click on sign-up and register with them. After that you enter your academic details and so on. go to available jobs and type in ab initio and so on. wish good luck

victor_benosa
28th Apr 2012, 11:08
@ Migire. thanks pal. have you gone through the interviews? if yes then tell where interviewees fail most. then tell me the order in which these interviews take place and over what period. I will appreciate it very much

Migire
30th Apr 2012, 04:23
@Victor. Have a look at the first page of this thread n u'll have a good idea. @everyone - Has anyone been contacted yet?

Delt
30th Apr 2012, 05:18
@Migire, no email. Still waiting.

MisterToo
30th Apr 2012, 06:41
its exactly a month since the medicals..how long does the medical certificates take to be ready....the waiting aint interesting at all!

sneakyrhino
2nd May 2012, 05:25
Anybody with any idea on what is going on at KQ? When should we expect our results? When should we expect to leave? Would it be wise to call the medical center and perhaps ask about the results?

Please advise if able...

MisterToo
2nd May 2012, 13:30
Finally...the long wait ends....just received an SMS from KQ notifying me that i could be needed at their offices on friday 4th... More details during the hour on mail!! Yeeey........

Delt
2nd May 2012, 13:56
@Mistertoo, how long ago did you receive your sms? Do you know anyone else who has received the same? Please update when you've received the email.

MisterToo
2nd May 2012, 14:14
@delt...just received the mail (3 mins ago)and the orals are on friday at 9.00AM...pride centre

Delt
2nd May 2012, 14:39
@MisterToo, congrats. Have you heard of anyone else who has received their mail?

Evroza
2nd May 2012, 14:48
Congrats MisterToo. Talked to several guys they've received the same too. Seems i was too late, was to see the Doctor today. Good luck you guys. SA is probably next week!

Delt
2nd May 2012, 15:45
@MisterToo, Good luck on Friday:ok:. Hoping to receive my email tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.

Ndambz
3rd May 2012, 05:43
Hey guys, congratulations for reaching this far, it is purely God's Grace.
Now, since we are all Kenyans here, I have to inforn you, there's no Imenti House or Moi Avenue here in SA, or at least in P.E. So movies and series are hard to come by, "za 50 bob hakuna"
So especially if u are coming to progress, come with a Year's supply of Movies and series, you will do the guys here a big favour, just communicate with eaxh other u dont buy the same stuff.
Otherwise welcome guys.

Delt
3rd May 2012, 06:14
Thank God. I finally received some feedback from KQ yesterday.
@Ndambz, I am well aware of this problem. One of the guys in 43 told me about it. I am working on it.

Qenn Kibetu
3rd May 2012, 08:39
@Ndambs I've applied to come to progress but not with the KQ, self sponsored. Hopefully in June. Apart from classes and flying, what else should guys look foward to? Like what are the other activities and ammenities other than just the school aspect?

Ndambz
3rd May 2012, 11:26
This place is a distance from port elizabeth - like the equivalent of Mombasa bak home.., 30 mins drive.
u can take a cab there or the school takes u there every wednesday and Saturday evening. Madame....!!!!!! u dont wanna know.

The school is not that big but the accpmodation is awesome..., wifi, laundry and ironing services, gym.., therez a small pool here as well, but most of all; the company herez awesome, so many Kenyans here u feel right at home man.

Karibu and come with movies nhe!!!! and warm clothes; winter will be setting in.

Qenn Kibetu
3rd May 2012, 11:49
Thanx Ndambz. What about communication with the rest of the world? Apart from internet, telcom providers or there's no need of coming with a phone?

weksir
3rd May 2012, 12:30
How should that CV look like? As in I do not understand what they mean by including my parents details on my cv. Anyone help.

vikkybolt
3rd May 2012, 13:04
Congrats guys. As for the cv, its just a normal cv but you have to indicate your parents details.

Delt
3rd May 2012, 13:08
Just write a normal CV and include your parents' details. That's what I have done

weksir
3rd May 2012, 13:34
Thanks for the info.

Evroza
4th May 2012, 13:50
how were the orals guys? :)

apep
7th May 2012, 09:27
hey guys am getting anxious>>>how long does it take them to reply after applying?

Captain Ben
7th May 2012, 18:45
Hey apep,am also getting anxious because my application has been pending since January without any feedback from kq.:confused:

sneakyrhino
8th May 2012, 06:12
Apep and Captain Ben, you probably will not be getting called any time soon considering our current lot all applied last year and we got called in March. You will either get called later on in the year or perhaps even next year...hang in there, as long as you're under 24 you're good. Plus, they're still working to send our group to SA so they probably will not call u guys until we're out of the country.

Evroza, the orals were on point. Just 10 or 15 minutes of basic questions about yourself while you are filling out a basic information form. They wanted to check if we were able to multi task well and our speed of writing as we talked. From my view, none of the questions they asked was a basis for disqualifying anyone so really was more like a formality. Hope you join us in SA!

sneakyrhino
8th May 2012, 06:13
Hope you all remember we're supposed to be at KQ Head quarters today at 2pm and are to ask for Naomi from HR right? See you then!

bonibones
9th May 2012, 06:09
hi guys,i have been having dreams to become a pilot.i think this wil be my opportunity to achieve them.is anybody out there who knows when the next application will be?please help because i am unable to register now.thanks for keeping this thread alive:sad:

Geokumu
9th May 2012, 12:49
I registered with the Kenya airways but had difficulties in these areas:
- I couldn't get wea to insert my K.C.S.E grades for Math, English and Physics. I only fed in my Mean grade.
- I couldn't get the Ab Initio Vacancy in the 'All Open Positions'.
I realy wnt to get this position coz I am told the applications r still open. Pliz help.
Regards

CHRIS OMONDI
9th May 2012, 14:22
Geokumu,the answers are in this thread.

CHRIS OMONDI
9th May 2012, 20:36
Geokumu.in category there is an option called math,eng and physics then type your grades.

after that go to this url:http://dailyjobskenya.********.com/2011/04/ab-initio-pilot-trainee-vacancy-kenya.html

in that site scroll down to "click here to apply" and the rest i think you can do.if you have any more questions ask?

Masinde Gift
10th May 2012, 08:02
@ Chris,if you don't mind please send me a private message of how to g about the registration process. I'll highly appreciate the information given,regards in advance.

Masinde Gift
10th May 2012, 08:04
By the way,are the sponsorships for pilot training alone or can also extend study loans for Aeronautical Engineers?

bonibones
10th May 2012, 11:24
@chris
thanx man for your help

CHRIS OMONDI
11th May 2012, 12:21
At Masinde Gift please read what's in the thread.THat is enough because i used it to registar.

15th May 2012, 09:57
:sad:Hi Guys

Any chance anyone has any information as to the depth of the physics and chemistery,involved in the aptitude test.Would really appreciate any feed back what books would be helpful?any notes you could share with me as i have an aptitude for direct entry on 23 may. many thanks

bonibones
16th May 2012, 15:51
@550,from the thread it says that the questions are very easy with cheap math which involve speed and time,especialy that part of relative speed(form 3).if i may ask,when did u apply?success buddyhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

CHRIS OMONDI
18th May 2012, 18:04
Geokumu.follow the following link

http://dailyjobskenya.********.com/2...ncy-kenya.html (http://dailyjobskenya.********.com/2011/04/ab-initio-pilot-trainee-vacancy-kenya.html)

CHRIS OMONDI
18th May 2012, 18:10
if it's not opening just type "kenya airways ab initio pilot training programme" in google search and choose the one with "DAILY JOBS KENYA".it will take you to a page where you scroll down and then you click where it says "CLICK HERE TO APPLY".THE REST I THINK YOU CAN DO.

Daniel john
19th May 2012, 18:46
i would like to ask,is it normal that i haven't got a feedback yet from kq and i applied end of oct last year even though my application is still active on their site?? someone please assist.

kibz2005
20th May 2012, 11:41
hey mr geokumu, be careful when you are writing messages in these forums. if you use 'smstalk' and any language other than english, you might find yourself being blocked :)

Geokumu
29th May 2012, 07:02
Has any of you been invited for the aptitude? Am getting desperate..

jameselevun
29th May 2012, 11:27
what aptitude?the group going to SA left on Sunday I doubt there will be any interviews anytime soon,but i stand to be corrected

Evroza
29th May 2012, 12:21
Geokum it will be months before you hear of another interview. Probably late this year or early next year

Capt B. Walter
30th May 2012, 06:45
We are already in 43 airschool and Progress....What an experience this is!!!:ok:

Said_Athman
30th May 2012, 19:57
hi guys,anyone with any idea on when the next interviews will be rolling out???:confused::confused::confused:

bonibones
3rd Jun 2012, 07:31
they say in this thread that patience is the important virtue.so lets wait.:sad:

kush-d
5th Jun 2012, 12:13
hey guys during the may interviews i received an urgent mail asking for a copy of my scanned I.D from the kq hr.upto now i have not received any reply from kq.does this mean am out?:sad:

lilian
6th Jun 2012, 07:03
Would it be wise to call them and get feedback on my application? And if so can anyone up here give me their number. I applied sometime last year,my application reads 'active' but they have never contacted me. I have no idea whats going on.

pilotkenya
10th Jun 2012, 19:44
Capt. Walter, how is it down south?

Duppy
12th Jun 2012, 08:39
If your application has been reading active since last year you should at least call the KQ HR department and find out why..Its obvious there's an error somewhere. Maybe you submitted an incomplete application

lilian
13th Jun 2012, 07:18
What do you suggest>a phone call or an email? And do you have their number?

urewawpilot
28th Jun 2012, 17:53
I suggest a phone call emails just go to a machine. Here's there number
KQ HQ telephone numbers
Tel: + 254-(0)20-6422000
Safaricom: +254-0711-02-2000
Zain: +254-0734-10-2000

wannabe aviator
30th Jun 2012, 14:22
rumour has it that there's going to be a July interview session.....
Keep checking your mail you could just get called up

bonibones
1st Jul 2012, 14:55
we hope that the rumour might turn to be true.patience*!http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif

Alphiey
7th Jul 2012, 10:25
Hello everyone,
I have been following this thread for quite some time now, taking note of the kind of posts being made here. I have been unsuccessful in the process twice, and am now technically ineligible for the next intake because of my age. I would want to see other candidates who failed in their first attempt making it in successive attempts. What makes us different from other "animals" is our ability to learn from our mistakes and then avoiding such in the future.
My greatest challenge was the psychometric test. Not all of us are fortunate to have grown up knowing how to play with the computers, and this plays a great disadvantage to the likes. Does anyone here know where one can get to practice with the joysticks and flight simulators? If so, my request to you please is help those who may not be fortunate to have come across these stuffs, and if you don't know how to play with the joysticks, it's nothing to be ashamed of, ask for help because you never know. We only cease to be human if we cannot help others in need where we can offer a helping hand.
PS. those inquiring about the next intake, there are only two intakes in a year, March and September, so ease your anxiety. Always remember not to use text-speech in this forum, it's for your own good, trust me on this one!
With these so many words, I can only wish all applicants the best and hope you make it through where I did not. For those who are ineligible after unsuccessfully trying, let us not give up, it's not the end of life. God has a path laid for each of us, though it was not the one we hoped for, what lies ahead is for our good, Trust in Him.
Thank you.

Evroza
7th Jul 2012, 16:17
Just a note; I think you are talking about the psychomotor. Well the joystick part of it doesn't necessarily favor guys with prior experience. Reason: I know of a guy who scored High in the trax but in a declining fashion ie. 8, 6 , 6 - he got scrubbed. On the other hand another guy scores 1, 1, 3 and makes the cut. Applicants have to understand that its not all about high scores but rather improvement.

jameselevun
7th Jul 2012, 19:09
That is true!!though for the last test,the one for flying the plane through the loops basic flight simulator knowledge can help alot!!

Evroza
7th Jul 2012, 22:31
@James, am not sure if advising guys to make sure they score low in the first attempt of the trax is counterproductive haha:E

Eins
9th Jul 2012, 15:10
i desire to join the same but am not finding the appropriate information. can you help me? thanks. [email protected]

lilian
18th Jul 2012, 11:14
Hey,thanks.

bonibones
23rd Jul 2012, 20:32
any news for us?

lessom
30th Jul 2012, 18:10
Hi, i have been currently trying to register for the ab initio recruitment program but not to success. Kindly guide me on how to do this and i will be highly greatful. I hope to hear from anyone willing to help ASAP. Thank you.

Evroza
2nd Aug 2012, 20:08
Lessom, first, I do pray that this process will trim your grammar such that its improper use starts to irritate you as it does me. Second, do flip a few pages back the thread and you will find the application procedure repeatedly mentioned. Do hurry though, you haven't got all month! :=

lessom
3rd Aug 2012, 19:03
Thanks Evroza. I was successful in the process.:ok: Do you have a rough idea when interviews start?

vlatkomk
3rd Aug 2012, 21:04
Does KA make any exceptions to the citizenship requirement for pilot employment?

jameselevun
4th Aug 2012, 03:48
Did anyone see the news on this yesterday??will it have an effect on the ab initio program?@vlatkomk i think it is very hard for an expatriate pilot to get a job with kq

Evroza
4th Aug 2012, 12:37
@Lessom, I think everyone is counting on next month. @ Vlatkomk Yes they do have contracts for expatriates: just visit their website and check the careers section. The Local pilots Union is usually against this because of comparatively lenient terms in expatriate recruitment, but don't worry, that shouldn't deter your chances because its like the management doesn't seem to care. :rolleyes:Jameselevun, missed it, maybe you could tell me the channel so that i search for the clip online.

wannabe aviator
4th Aug 2012, 12:52
still hopeful that in September the emails will be sent. Its been the trend for the past two years

Evroza
4th Aug 2012, 12:56
@Jameselevun, I just saw it. I don't think there is cause of alarm. There had been some storm brewing over the past week concerning some inflight cabin crew, I had guessed it just might get to this. Well, as you know, kQ is on a massive expansion plan: and that means more pilots. Failure to train Ab Initios now will lead to higher operating costs in the future and also greater opposition from KAPLA because they might resort to widespread hiring of expats. Just hope that doesn't happen because it would really crush the dream of local aspiring pilots, I included. :(

jameselevun
5th Aug 2012, 06:38
@evroza yeah,i hope so...though ive decided to take an alternate route as regards training!!guess ill be applying for direct entry in the near future

ombabz
18th Aug 2012, 23:05
Hi, am new to the forum and from what i have read from the thread so far, i have to hand it to our predecessors for the eye opener into the recruitment process.One thing does confuse me though....the next intake recruitment date? I applied on July this year but the deadline happens to be on 31st December.But KQ undertake two interviews in a year, one on April/May and the other on September/October. Which brings me to my question, will the next interview be on September as it has been witnessed in the past two years as stated by wannabe aviator or early next year since the deadline has categorically been stated in their site to be on 31st Dec.@Evroza and wannabe aviator, i request your input on this and will be highly grateful.

wannabe aviator
19th Aug 2012, 08:34
last year KQ did the same thing. The deadline was June 2011 but they extended it to 31 December 2011 and still emails were dished out in September 2011 so I highly believe there's going to be September interviews this year

Evroza
19th Aug 2012, 15:14
@Ombabz, like he said ^^ . Its now your job to keep the thread alive :)
edit: almost forgot, the recruitment is usually timed according to the progress of the previous group's training. So there still should be a group heading there late November.

ombabz
19th Aug 2012, 21:06
Thanks guys, really comforting. Now, we wait and hope for the best.

kush-d
20th Aug 2012, 09:39
am looking for a joystick(usb) and a pilapts software anyone with ideas where i can get these items.

Magnate
25th Aug 2012, 00:22
Hello guys and some ladies:)
I have been reading your posts along this thread and i must 'big-up' all of you for the information. Keep it up, and whenever possible, please provide more details.

Thank you.

Luckykim
29th Aug 2012, 09:17
Hello wannabes, I applied for the ab initio in June and received the notification in late July of which I scored 100. Could there be anything wrong?

Magnate
30th Aug 2012, 00:19
i do not think so. that score is just to tell you that you met all the basic qualifications.

apep
2nd Sep 2012, 11:05
About the notification,did everyone who has applied received one?

Mericmeister
4th Sep 2012, 11:45
I received a confirmation e-mail in late July after I submitted my application but nothing else has come ever since. Anyone with news?

ultimate8
5th Sep 2012, 08:44
Has anybody received an invite for the aptitude test? please post here if so.

M Kivyatu
5th Sep 2012, 10:39
hey guys,M Kivyatu here.
Any guys who know when the next inake will be...SEPTEMBER 2012 and March 2013.PLease assist so that I am able to apply on time.
:)

bonibones
5th Sep 2012, 11:18
Let us wait although this waiting is realy killing.
Am ever refreshing my mails
hoping for the best

farmwe
5th Sep 2012, 19:32
for how long does someone have to wait before applying again i.e after failing one of the tests

M Kivyatu
6th Sep 2012, 07:18
when did you apply?

M Kivyatu
6th Sep 2012, 07:22
I am not sure but if you read through the thread,the answer should be there somewhere.
So far from my readings you could ask the young man called @evroza.He seems quite informed.

kush-d
6th Sep 2012, 07:50
@framwe you have to wait for another 24 months.

Said_Athman
6th Sep 2012, 09:55
I would advice you to apply ASAP. You don't have to know when the intakes will be in order to apply. The intakes would come any time from now. If you have followed this thread from the top you will realize that KQ have a tendancy to keep us guys guessing on when the interviews will be rolling out. Lets just be on our toes cause the e-mails will start rolling out any time from now. All the best to all fellow aspiring pilots.:ok:

ultimate8
6th Sep 2012, 11:47
It is scaring to know that your prospective employer is sacking 578 employees so that he can save on operational costs. I hope pilots are not among them or else my dream of becoming a pilot will remain just a wish.

Sierrakilo
14th Sep 2012, 15:06
Any ideas when the next psychometric test is??

ombabz
14th Sep 2012, 19:05
When was the aptitude test if you don't mind me asking?

kotakota
14th Sep 2012, 19:31
Well I went to one on May the 22nd or thereabouts , there were many young pilots there doing the Psychometric tests as set by Career Connection from Westlands , and some of them were doing it for the 4th time ! Mostly they were flying RHS on turboprops out of Wilson , ie not sitting around waving their Kenya passports in the air , expecting to be showered with riches .They had the most amazing attitude , accepting that they were playing a long game , but happy ( well almost ) that they were still in the game . KQ have some great wannabes waiting in the wings ( no pun intended ) , but the ones I spoke to accept that they cannot be jet pilots overnight . Good lads ( did not meet any lasses ) .

apep
15th Sep 2012, 10:56
Ok I don't seem follow,are you guys insinuating you already got emails in sept or? @sierrakilo and @kotakota

Sierrakilo
16th Sep 2012, 08:37
Apep,
Missed out on the previous tests rumour had it the next would be in Sept just wondering if it is true.

kush-d
17th Sep 2012, 08:51
guys has anyone received e-mail invitation for the interview?

M Kivyatu
17th Sep 2012, 10:58
when did you apply?

M Kivyatu
17th Sep 2012, 11:03
thank you for your information.
As for the rest who are waiting to be called,patience is key.Especially from what I have read from this thread.:)

Daniel john
19th Sep 2012, 10:11
I wonder, if one applied last year around October, is one still eligible because my account is still active on the KQ website. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

wannabe aviator
20th Sep 2012, 11:39
hey guys, called KQ HR today and was told they haven't arranged for any interviews due to the restructuring process and some internal problems. she said we give them a couple of weeks to sort things out. THE WAITING GAME CONTINUES

M Kivyatu
20th Sep 2012, 19:30
if it is still reading active you are still in the running to be chosen.so just sit tight and be patient.
all the best.:ok::ok:

wannabe aviator
26th Sep 2012, 15:57
This anxiety is becoming too much.
Anybody have a clue or any information concerning the interviews?
Your predictions too :}:ok:

kush-d
30th Sep 2012, 10:13
guys interviews until next year.

wannabe aviator
30th Sep 2012, 16:06
@kush-d where did you get that information?

bonibones
30th Sep 2012, 16:43
Where did u get the information from?
I saw it on todays paper that kq had taken 61 cadets to the SA last year and 100 of them this year.
Lets hope they will send some of us to the lot this year

kush-d
30th Sep 2012, 17:11
guys do the math last year they took 61 this year they took 100,i don't think they will exceed the 100 student number.

wannabe aviator
30th Sep 2012, 18:39
I doubt that statistics about 100 this year. they only had one recruitment this year of which they did not take 100 cadets.

kush-d
3rd Oct 2012, 04:58
has anyone contacted kq hr resently

wannabe aviator
3rd Oct 2012, 12:18
I called KQ last week they said we wait they have not planned for interviews yet

M Kivyatu
4th Oct 2012, 08:04
Goodmorning aspiring pilots,
considering the current state of things in KQ,I would agree with @kjnmangaa.intakes are likely to be next year.

HER
5th Oct 2012, 23:02
Hi guys, I know the age limit given is 24 but could someone in the know please clarify whether it means that one can join when they're 24 or no older than 24 e.g if you're 24 + a few months you do not qualify.:ooh:

bandwagon
6th Oct 2012, 14:13
Reply to HER, KQ cadet pilot program age limit is that cadets should be between 18 to 24. That is, on your 25th birthday ownwards, you will permanently be inellegible for the program.

ultimate8
8th Oct 2012, 05:19
:suspect:
Guys I believe interviews will be this year and then those successful report in January. I think the 61 cadets in the papers were for the year 2010/2011 and the 100 were for the year 2011/2012. Consequently, we are in the year 2012/2013.
Considering that they had done no intake of late it would be proper to presume that the next interviews will be very quick taking in more guys than ever before. So, the :bored: game of waiting continues.

wannabe aviator
8th Oct 2012, 08:15
anybody planning on calling KQ anytime soon???
this waiting sucks

kush-d
8th Oct 2012, 13:41
any news from the kq hr department? Anyone with the kq hr department contacts please post them.

M Kivyatu
9th Oct 2012, 18:37
guys let's just be patient.Keep yourself busy with something,it will ease the anxiety.Waiting sucks,,,I know,but there isn't much that we can do about it now.

lclovis
16th Oct 2012, 08:45
Does any one know if any Ugandan has ever qualified for this Cadet program, or are they pretty strict with tit being Kenyan Citizenship?

kush-d
16th Oct 2012, 11:23
first requirement you must be a kenyan citizen.

wannabe aviator
16th Oct 2012, 15:49
0711022000 then press 2 for HR Department

kush-d
24th Oct 2012, 10:06
hey guys called kq today and the lady told me that they are waiting for the numbers to build so that the can call us for an interview.

Mericmeister
24th Oct 2012, 17:19
Hello ladies and gentlemen? I also guess we should hold on and be patient. All the best to all of us.

Mericmeister
24th Oct 2012, 17:21
Hello again.. who's here for their second or subsequent time? Would really like to get in touch.

kush-d
25th Oct 2012, 05:52
meric am trying my luck the second time,send me your e-mail.

pilotkenya
31st Oct 2012, 07:51
its impressive how a year ago i was the one posting on this forum. Time really flies. For those people who are doing it for the first time beware this interview is going to be the easiest but most of you will fail because of fear. I still have one year left to wait and God willing i will be doing the interviews for the second time. All the best peeps. If you have any queries about the program and its content i will be glad to answer.

aviatrix_
31st Oct 2012, 15:38
Hey guys, anyone know when they might be calling people for direct entry next?

pilotkenya
2nd Nov 2012, 10:28
the direct entry advertisement was recently on the papers about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I belive it should be still on. You may check the advert on the K.Q recruitment portal. Just search direct entry pilots

M Kivyatu
2nd Nov 2012, 16:50
hey,
There was an advert in the papers on the 26th of October.If they have advertised it means that they are currently recruiting.
All the best aspiring pilot.

bonibones
14th Nov 2012, 02:51
This waiting realy sucks.it is as if everything at KQ HR department has been frozen.i wish they were following this thread and experience what we are going through

wannabe aviator
14th Nov 2012, 03:32
They might call us next year January and send us before this financial year ends on 31 March 2013 because they haven't sent anybody for this other half year which began on 1st October.
Plus talked to an ab initio candidate and told me that bhisho was a bit full so KQ might be waiting for KQ group 6 or KQ 6 to clear which they are currently doing. Four have already left nine more to go.

bonibones
20th Nov 2012, 17:23
got the email invitation for aptitude test on 27 november!

wannabe aviator
20th Nov 2012, 18:22
What time did you get the mail?

Geokumu
20th Nov 2012, 18:36
got mine invitation to scheduled for 26th but the certificates for 2011. candidates av not been released by the exam council.so i only have the result slip but they emphasised on that on the email invitation pliz help

wannabe aviator
20th Nov 2012, 18:40
They will accept a result slip

bonibones
21st Nov 2012, 03:55
I got my invitation on Tuesday 2050 hrs Kenyan time

ultimate8
21st Nov 2012, 06:07
Having mine on 26 at 7.30. For those without a kcse certificate you can try going with a confirmation of results document which you can get at knec head office. As for the result impatience has now paved way for fear.

Geokumu
21st Nov 2012, 08:58
Anyone familiar with the knec headoffice please post it for my benefit because i similarly lack the cetificate yet am informed that the result slip is acceptable and on the contrary, they insisted that "the result slip is not the certificate"

BOLT KIPCHUMBA
21st Nov 2012, 11:07
I HAVE BEEN INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW ON THE 26th OF MONDAY, WHO ELSE HAS BEEN INVITED?? IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN TO THE INTERVIEW, PLIZ LET ME KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. AM SO ANXIOUS, YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH ME ON FACEBOOK freddy kipchumba

SlatsINOP
21st Nov 2012, 12:33
Interviews are for 200 people for 26th and 27th November.All the best..

bonibones
21st Nov 2012, 13:02
how did you know that?just curious

MisterToo
21st Nov 2012, 14:04
Congratulations for those who passed the online screening. The next two months will leave your intestines boiling..5 interviews. Now that you going for the first, an advise..go there relaxed and go through the things you have learnt, basic things like speed of light..its goin to be rigorous but calmnes and speed is paramount. You will realize this at the test centre (kenya airforce) . I will be joining you later in the medicals, i already did the first 3 interviews in march. All the best guys

Magnate
21st Nov 2012, 18:20
Mister Too

Would you mind giving us a little more detailed information with regard to the tests, especially the Aptitude test? We would really appreciate it.

MisterToo
22nd Nov 2012, 01:45
Just a hint. On completion of document verification by hr, you will be escorted to embakasi barracks, the test centre. The entry requirement into the exam room is height..so your heights will be taken, hope you are within 5.4-6.2. If your taller or shorter by 0.5 they wont allow(this is kenya army!). Inside the room, you wil be presented with short exams with 5 sections -spatial reasoning(shapes), numerical series, basic maths, general science and aviation instrumentation(the most interesting of all, if aviation is your passion-it involves plane pictures and instrument readings such as altitude, plane speed and direction which you are expected to interpret. However, dont worry you will given a short lecture before). Guesing is not encouraged since 1 wrong is -1. They need the ones with the most correct answers within the stipulated time. Guess this will help!

wannabe aviator
22nd Nov 2012, 04:58
How much time are u given for the whole test?

MisterToo
22nd Nov 2012, 05:16
Time varries depending on the section..its not costant. For instance 8 min for spatial reasoning, or 20 min for maths..the sections are structured to be a series of short tests.

bonibones
22nd Nov 2012, 05:35
it has been anxiety now its fear plus butterflies.i doubt my height it is exactly 5.4. What if their equipments are not genuine.do people remove shoes?

victor_benosa
22nd Nov 2012, 06:47
Hi guys i been invited for 27th interview but one thing worries me; i use specs to read and see. Do i have any chances?

Mericmeister
22nd Nov 2012, 07:15
Hi guys? I am so grateful to all of you offering help especially to those of us who are green here. I also received an invitation to the aptitude tests on 26th. Anyone with an idea of the topics basically covered in the maths section? Are calculators allowed? Any help will be deeply appreciated. Regards, M. Erick (Anyone invited for the interviews on 26th, you can get in touch with me via SMS - 0725057210/ 0704370684) Thank you.

Mericmeister
22nd Nov 2012, 07:21
Hey Victor, I am also bespectacled and in the same dilemma as you are. What chances do those of us who use the aid of spectacles to see and read clearly have? Could someone please help clarify this.

MisterToo
22nd Nov 2012, 08:01
I understand the state of fear- i was there in march. Just relax, it basic stuff you know all, its a matter of how much you do correctly not necessarily finishing. On height, yeah..yo remove the shoes. 182cm wil give you 6.2..
On spectacles, unless you cannot read this you good. If you advance to the later stages you will only be asked to get at least 2 pairs

Magnate
22nd Nov 2012, 10:13
Are we allowed to bring along calculators?

Mericmeister
22nd Nov 2012, 10:24
Hi guys?
For those who've been there before, how long does the entire aptitude test run? We are told to report by 7.30 a.m.

victor_benosa
22nd Nov 2012, 12:11
I'm grateful for all your help. I mostly use specs for reading. Anyway my right ear isnt as sharp as left. What do you think?

aspire-fly
22nd Nov 2012, 13:29
I have a mean grade of A- , Maths A, Physics A & English B. but I have been called for an interview on 26.11.12. My grades are well indicated in my profile account. I am kind of worried they might not consider me because of a B in English.. Anyone in this kind of situation? or probably anyone who has experienced this? Am very worried i might not get to do the interview...

BOLT KIPCHUMBA
22nd Nov 2012, 16:00
am slated for monday but already am feeling freeky!! would anyone with links to the aptitude tests that can be helpful post them here pliz. some links you might find helpful include Recruitment 2013-Online Aptitude test,psychometric questions answers Ibps Tips (http://www.aptitude9.com), Assesment, IQ and Aptitude Test Training (http://www.fibonicci.com), these are just to sharpen your mathematical ability, lets hope for the best

Magnate
22nd Nov 2012, 19:07
Guess what is now left is to relax and wait for Monday. I swear this weekend is going to be the shortest ever.

Geokumu
22nd Nov 2012, 19:22
Hi guys am from msa and that means i have to take an unpaid for some unknown days to attend the interviews.having gone through this blog, i understand that some of us like one mister too is undoubtedly conversant with the proceedings of the interviews.my worry is,for how many days will it go?i mean the interviews since this will not only assist me to avoid the problem of miscalculating my vacation expenses but also risking my job.any assistance will be highly appreciated thanx

Mericmeister
23rd Nov 2012, 04:10
Hello guys? For those who have been through the tests previously, at around what time were you guys released on day one of the aptitude test?

flying warrior
23rd Nov 2012, 11:28
could you please send me the link where i may apply for the KQ ab initio program. i will be most grateful

wannabe aviator
23rd Nov 2012, 20:57
@flying warrior, Here's the link
http://irecruitment.kenya-airways.com:8000/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?akRegionCode=IRC_VIS_HOME_PAGE&akRegionApplicationId=800&OAPB=IRC_BRAND&transactionid=1801263386&language_code=US&p_home_url=/OA_HTML/IrcVisitor.jsp&OASF=IRC_VIS_HOME_PAGE&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL

Magnate
24th Nov 2012, 05:11
Strangely- I can not find my KCSE certificate. Can I go with the result slip and maybe provide it later?
Anybody to help me on this?

bonibones
24th Nov 2012, 05:39
how long does the whole interview process take?most of us are reopening on January.if i knew that i will be succesful in the process then i wont even pay fees

bonibones
24th Nov 2012, 05:50
how long does the whole interview process take?most of us are reopening on January.if i knew that i will be succesful in the process then i wont even pay fees

BOLT KIPCHUMBA
24th Nov 2012, 09:47
The interviewing, am told, is just for one day then after the aptitude results are out, you will be invited for interview ii maybe one or two weeks later!! I understand that the interview might last for about3-5 hours. As for the mombasa guy, you can just ask for permission ya siku moja then urudi jioni after interview!! Am so tensed, waiting for monday!!

jameselevun
24th Nov 2012, 10:03
Wow I didnt know theres another round of interviews coming up!!!all the best to all participants,,just remain calm and lyou will sail through them all...and a special word of advice....make sure ur bmi is in check!!!i know too well the effect of that as a deal breaker during the medicals!!!To those that make it to either 43 or progress well meet somewhere in the air!!!hehe Goodluck!!

UA405
25th Nov 2012, 08:12
To all of you applying to this program, be ware, it is not what it used to be, it is no longer sponsorship or pilot scholarships like they were in the past.

FACT: KQ has got into an arrangement with a local bank to loan the accepted candidates the required fees, but the catch is, the bank is treating these loans as commercial loans, that means they vary the interest rates at will, and those of you who know how unregulated the Kenyan banking sector is will understand what this means. The cadets who came back about a year ago are finding themselves in debt of way over 10 million Kshs more than double what they spent on their training in South Africa, and still the bank wants to increase the interest further up, which means these poor souls will be in debt of almost 15mill Kshs as they just settle in their carreers as pilots, they will be deducted these moneys well into their Captains years.

But that is only half the story, the saddest thing is, you as a cadet signs the dotted line with the bank for the loan approval, but you have no control of how the money will be spent in SA, the Airline takes this money and deals with the school, i.e 43 on your behalf. as the person who will be paying back the loan plus interest you might as well be given control of how your money is spent, privately sponsored students manage to spend much less than cadet sponsored students, this is because the school inflates their prices for things like uniforms, maps and even basic calculators when dealing with airlines, since their cadets have no choice but to buy them from the school. Accomodation is also another place where cadets loose a lot of money, privately students live out, and have their own meal arrangements, and this also help them save quite a bit of money.

At the end of the course privately sponsored student sometimes have spent less by as much as 100,000 Rands, compared to airline cadets, considering you will be paying inflated interest on these monies, that is quite significant.

This is no longer the AB INITIO cadet sponsorship like it used to be, or like other Airlines like EK and SAA are doing for their cadets, this is a loan arrangement between KQ and CO-OP bank that you have no control over, remember if your loose your job for whatever reason while at KQ and you are not done paying up the loan, the bank will be at liberty to hound you for it.

All i am saying is buyer be ware, at this time you might be better off pursuing your career in Medicine, Engineering or Business, rather than starting a career as a young man with a loan as big as your Dads mortgage and using half of your salary to pay for it.:}

wannabe aviator
25th Nov 2012, 20:46
To all those going for the aptitude test in the next 7 hours I just want to wish you all the best and God bless you

Mericmeister
26th Nov 2012, 03:12
Hello guys? Someone commented that the ab initio programme is a loan programme that could possibly accumulate to 15 Million shillings. Can someone please clarify this. However, may the grace of God be with all of us taking the aptitude test today. All the best comrades!

Captain Ben
26th Nov 2012, 07:42
Hey guys just wanted to know whether interviews are done in groups and on different days.Coz I haven't yet received an invitation E-mail yet but my application still reads active and I have been waiting since January.

bonibones
26th Nov 2012, 13:22
there must be something wrong with your application.i applied on May and i have been invited.
And to those who did theirs today,how was it?mine is tomorrow

Geokumu
26th Nov 2012, 16:23
hmm.. ben prepare yourself to answer 1million questions in10 seconds.....

Luckykim
26th Nov 2012, 18:58
hhm, success for those going for the aptitude tomorrow. About the loan, that's a bit discouraging, can somebody please inform us about the salary of a pilot?:sad:

Magnate
26th Nov 2012, 19:08
It was a good run today. Lets hope for the best

Daniel john
27th Nov 2012, 03:15
I hear you. I also applied a while ago and it still reads active,and no email yet. I wonder what that's all about.

wannabe aviator
27th Nov 2012, 05:58
Relax guys take it positive if you haven't been called up yet, maybe there's another batch being called up soon for interviews.

Geokumu
27th Nov 2012, 07:16
when,if i may ask, are they calling yesterday's interviewees back?did they say wednesday?

Captain Ben
27th Nov 2012, 08:15
@ Daniel john ,I hope it's all good.let's just pray hard.@ wannabe aviator we need all that positivity right now!@Geokumu how exactly was the aptitude test?,let's try to rely less on speculation and more on fact,so specifics.

ultimate8
27th Nov 2012, 08:40
Taking psychometric tommorrow, 28 nov at 12.45 at pride centre, with a watch! anybody who knows where pride centre is?

Geokumu
27th Nov 2012, 09:00
have they called u for the psychometric test already

ultimate8
27th Nov 2012, 09:15
Sent an email at 11.52a.m. Just a 24-hour notice. I am not complaining, however.

BOLT KIPCHUMBA
27th Nov 2012, 09:23
yes, we have been invited for the psychometric test on Wednesday, all the best for those proceeding

BOLT KIPCHUMBA
27th Nov 2012, 09:31
ultimate 8, pride centre is just near where we did the aptitude test, its like 500m on the opposite side of the road, hapo nyuma kidogo. all the best

Mericmeister
27th Nov 2012, 09:58
Hello guys? I did my aptitude test on Monday and I received an e-mail invitation for the psychometric test some minutes to noon. It was stipulated that there was no need to prepare for the test. Anyone in the light of what to expect? I will really appreciate any form of help.

wannabe aviator
27th Nov 2012, 10:24
Pride Center is just next to the KQ headquarters, ask around you will be directed. its just like a 5 minutes walk from the KQ Headquarters

wannabe aviator
27th Nov 2012, 10:34
The psychometric is the morrisby profile. Google morrisby profile and do some practice questions on the computer. All the best guys. For more info you can PM me

bonibones
27th Nov 2012, 11:30
am from the aptitude,hopeless,they were tough especialy the instrumentation part.hoping for the best.God with us

victor_benosa
27th Nov 2012, 12:47
I just hope i proceed to stage 2 but they were quite challenging!

UA405
27th Nov 2012, 14:33
Guyz i know you are eager to get your wings and fly, but should it come at any cost? If there was something you could do to protect this career that you envy so much, would you not do it.
If eventually the airline is full of financially overburdened pilots, the terms and conditions of employment will be so Eroded it will not be what you think it is.

Only one person showed interest on how much pilots in KQ earn, i will not tell you how much, but i will tell you this, the Ab initios get deducted 133k a month to recover the loan.

So they either give them control over these funds or they go back to the old Ab initio programme,

Thanks All

PS: think carefully before getting yourself into this, especially if you are on a promising career path like actuary or medicine:8

BOLT KIPCHUMBA
27th Nov 2012, 14:51
Me i want to be a pilot even if it means doing it voluntary but given that am living comfortbaly, so even if they pay me 100k, sitaona ubaya

UA405
27th Nov 2012, 15:31
@ Bolt,
that is the most selfish sentiment i have had from anyone in a while, what about those who want to make real careers out of it, support their families and enjoy the job while at it.
It is this myopic thinking that has made aviation a very poor paying job in the states and parts of Europe, pilots are quickly being reduced to paupers and mere drivers, because of your ilk, who would even pay airlines to fly instead of the other way round, and progressively eroding the terms and conditions of pilot employment.
I wish you all the best with your interviews, but i doubt if you will make it through the training if you get through, this career needs people who are focused and firm, and the wash out in SA gets the desperate ones like you.

Cheers:ok:

UA405
27th Nov 2012, 15:39
by the way this is not to discourage anyone from going through the recruitment, but ask the hard questions at the time of signing the dotted line.

note, there are people from other quarters putting the company to task over this issue, since the recently returned Ab initios are already finding it difficult to cope.
You are not on your own!

Goodluck to all of you who are already gong through the interviews:cool:

nyongesan
27th Nov 2012, 15:45
hi guys, i applied for ab initio program in june and up to now, no reply, i just updated my qualifications last week after i graduated, adding a degree,few days later, people were invited 4 interview, i dont understand! cud it be am overqualified??? am turning 25 next year march, dont knw if the next interview coulb be in time for me

wannabe aviator
27th Nov 2012, 16:03
If your dream and passion is truly aviation, you wouldn't really care about the salary and stuff. Many people talk badly about Kenya Airways but I'm a firm believer that the pride of Africa is going places. I have a pal at KQ, same case as us but he ain't complaining, he's loving his career. The salary is enough to satisfy your needs unless you are a spendthrift. Stop listening to those discouraging voices and go for your dream.

UA405
27th Nov 2012, 19:15
really wannabe? why did you then inbox me on how much KQ pilots earn if it's a non issue, hypocritical don't you think:ugh:, i know 100k looks enough when you are 19 and have no responsibilities, but remember that is how low you are benchmarking pilot salaries even for experienced guyz from wilson, who may have families and responsibilities and paid millions for their own training

wannabe aviator
27th Nov 2012, 21:09
It's cause I wanted to see if you really got your facts right. Stop lying to people in this thread, the salary ain't 100,000 you just want to mislead people. Its more than 100,000. As I said I have a friend who has gone through this process successfully and is flying the Boeing 737-800. Yes I am 19 years and very proud of it, its really childish of you to use my age just to get at me. Those of you who wish to listen to @UA405 go ahead and do so but I would suggest you hear it straight from an Ab initio cadet for yourself first before listening to people who go around spreading lies just because they either didn't make it or they got cut off during their training. I've heard so many rumours of the like, "KQ Ab Initio is a corrupt process", "43 air school is racist", "KQ fires cadets after a while." All these are just rumours rumours and more foolish rumours. KQ standards are high and that is why airlines like Emirates come to poach their pilots just cause they can pay you higher. Take note of what I've said, you will hear all this nonsense as you go on.

wannabe aviator
27th Nov 2012, 21:20
The entry salary of a direct entry pilot and that of an Ab Initio cadet entry are very different because definately you have to pay back the loan. The direct entry, those who paid for their own training, is 300,000 excluding allowances and the salary is reviewed yearly. get your facts right young man. I maybe young but I know quite alot. Watch out guys for people who will mislead you

wannabe aviator
27th Nov 2012, 21:39
To those going for the psychometric exam tomorrow Google "Morrisby profile" and do the practice questions, make sure you can write "S" and a reversed "S" very quick as you will b given 5 secs to do, then 10 then 20 seconds. Make sure your also creative with words as you will b given two middle letters and asked to construct as many words in just 2 minutes. You will also be asked to draw lines from one end to another through a gap and these gaps keep on decreasing in size. You will do it with your strongest hand first then the weakest. make sure you dont cheat about your weakest hand it might cost you. The test will take like about 3 hours or more. ALL THE BEST GUYS

Captain Ben
27th Nov 2012, 22:17
I totally agree with your sentiments regarding the ab initio process.It is the chance of a life time,some of us just want to fly,salaries should not be prioritized over an opportunity to achieve one's dreams.Raising that 5.4 milliion is no easy task,infact next to impossible for the average citizen,no bank gives you that kind of money without colossal collateral requirements.Fact is, for those who are genuinely passionate about becoming pilots,ab initio is light at the end of the tunnel,a career as an airline pilot is very alluring and rewarding.Only a fool or an entitled person would throw away such a wonderful opportunity.
UA405 Stop hating.

UA405
27th Nov 2012, 22:36
Point of correction, at no point did i volunteer salary info. for KQ pilots, i used 100k as a ball park figure since that is what my friend Bolt initially said he wouldn't mind earning, only info i volunteered was the amount guyz are being deducted.
No. 2 i haven't discouraged anyone from going through the process, i just said challenge the management on the loan expenditure before signing the dotted line, since it is you who will pay for it.
One poster has indicated that securing the 5.4 million isn't easy and that is why when it is secured under your name do you not have reason to be prudent and try to spend as little as is possible of it so you are not overburdened by the time you start work as a new F.O
It's interesting you bring up a 737 F.O's salary, you said it was 300k, was it, then you fall into the 30 pcnt tax bracket, so minus 90k, you remain with 210, is it, then a loan repayment of 130K, now you have what, 80k is it, and oh you still have your car loan to think of and Union obligations.
I didn;t undermine your age, i said you were young and as it were no real responsibilities, and they creep up with time, and a pilot job is not some corporate job where you will scale the corporate ladder with ever increasing salaries.

UA405
27th Nov 2012, 22:58
@ captain Ben,
are you not contradicting yourself just a little, when you say passionate wannabe's like you do not care about the pay, then you go on and say it is attractive to make a career out of flying because its alluring and rewarding, catch word here is reward, in employment terms it is ''PAY''.
Anyhow by all means give the career your best shot, but i am just against how cheated the new ab initios are with regards to this loans, all i am trying to bring to your attention is you are the ones to pay back these monies, so there should be some level of flexibility with regards to expenditure down south, or else they make it as it were before, a real scholarship where you only pay what was loaned and no interest.

The programme used to be full sponsorship with no repayent, then it was pay half, then it was paying full amount loan with no interest, then it became a loan that had a capped interest, now it is a commercial loan with variable rates,
what next? go through the interview and pay for your own training, then after that? interview, pay for your own training and pay to fly for KQ, coz that is where we are headed gentlemen.
They managed to get the cabincrew to pay for their training and pay to get in, and it eroded the terms of their employment, and the ones deemed expensive fired, you think it will never happen to pilots? think again, with all the desperation i sense here, it is coming pretty soon.

Enjoy the psych. test:}

wannabe aviator
28th Nov 2012, 00:16
Really 80,000?? Really?? Well most people see the Ab Initio as a fundamental block towards a successful piloting career. Not everybody is well off to foot the bill by themselves. After all you can always leave KQ after the training bond to fly for other well paying carriers such as Qatar, Emirates and the like. Embrace some positivity boss it doesn't hurt

Mericmeister
28th Nov 2012, 04:23
Hello everyone? I will be taking the psychometric test today. All the best comrades! @wannabe, I agree with you. Any more information on what to expect? I appreciate your help guys.
Thank you.

Luckykim
28th Nov 2012, 04:51
I realize that they are calling people so early for the psychometric. as for the guys who did their aptitude on Tuesday feel free to tell us when you are invited for the psychometric.

bonibones
28th Nov 2012, 06:00
its true that there is a consipiracy between coop and kq.yesterday when we were doing our aptitude sam lady called Egla made it clear that the money was not a sponsorship by kq but a commercial loan which attracts interest.kq only wears the guarantors hat.
When some of us will be settling in kenya from SA,we will be having a debt of more than 15M.
They do this because they know we are desparate to accomplish our dreams.
For those who will make it to SA,before you sign the dotted line ask for the facts from the vultures behind the desk who are eager to tripple the money in 18 months.
All the best

UA405
28th Nov 2012, 06:31
at least someone understands my drift, thanks bonibones. for the umpteenth time i have not asked anyone to abandon the chance if they really want it that bad, only if you have a very promising career, then it is a big gamble and you might need to re evaluate what's important. what i am actually advocating is your inclusion in deciding how a loan that you will pay is spent so that you rip the maximum out of it, and at the same time have as little as possible to pay when you come back, surely that is not so difficult to understand is it.
With fixation like that wannabe you might struggle flying your instruments, it really needs you to take varied info and make sense from everything you see, not just one way.:}
Moving to Emirates and Qatar seem easy don't it? but you will be owing KQ and CO OP about 15million, you will have to pay it upfront if you want to leave, and that is excluding your bonding for the 737 training and rating, so you are looking at almost 20million.
For the last time, to all of you future cadets, by all means do your best to get through the interviews, but please ask the management why they shouldn't give you some flexibility for a loan that you and only you will pay, this is for your benefit for those who understand what i'm getting at, it is our concern for our future colleagues in the industry, we do not want them to be slaves of the company, but their own strong individual airframe drivers:ok:

wannabe aviator
28th Nov 2012, 07:11
Coop is a bank you don't expect them to give you money without interest, its business. Plus they give you almost 27 month grace period so its going to attract a huge interest rate. well I'm not sure about the total amount you will pay back but all in all you can question management its your choice.

wannabe aviator
28th Nov 2012, 07:26
Did Egla tell you, you will be paying back more than 15M? is it really practical to borrow 6M and pay back about 20M? that's more than 300% interest, I'm really doubting these facts. let me do some consultation

bonibones
28th Nov 2012, 07:31
i dint see it comming but they have invited me on 29 at 745am.God is good

bonibones
28th Nov 2012, 08:03
no she didnt.some friend of mine.and also somebody posted in this forum about the issue

wannabe aviator
28th Nov 2012, 08:58
okay, noted. those who have gone through this program successfully and are now flying for KQ should help shed more light on this matter. we need facts.

capt.m
28th Nov 2012, 09:29
Guys.. this field is not as rosey as most of you may think.
All UA405 is doing is trying to open your eyes to reality and trust me instead of criticizing him, listen to him. He means well. What he has stated is not only true but very important facts that might effect someones decision.
All the best to all the candidates.

wannabe aviator
28th Nov 2012, 10:12
Thanks Kjnmangaa for clearing the air on the matter.

Geokumu
28th Nov 2012, 10:25
I have been called for the psychometric tomorrow bt a i had given up and gone back to mombasa so i dont know hw long it will take after the psychometric .to those who took the psychometric yesterday,how long will it take for another interview if you were informed yesterday? please help!

Magnate
28th Nov 2012, 13:24
Next stage will be on Wednesday next week

UA405
28th Nov 2012, 15:16
@ Kjnmangaa,
I hope you are enjoying your flying so far, and Tims cuisine, paddy and co. are making your stay in Papa Alfa worthwhile.

Now, i just want to point out a few things that you might not know, the newly checked out F.O's from 43 who were there before you, have just had their loan terms reviewed and received letters from Co op to that effect.
Note, these guys were loaned less what you got by just over a million, to be exact they signed for 5.4 million, they just discover now that their loans were charged interest during the grace period, so now before even they start repayments the sum owed has already shot up to 7.5 million.
Their new repayments will migrate from 99k to 133k, to be payed in 96 months, do the math how much they will have payed back by the time they are done, and who is to say the interest isn't going to gain a few more percentage points in the coming years, pushing the repayments even higher. Now think about your 6.5 million which is slightly more, it is not right for KQ to peddle this money making partnership with co op as sponsorship.
I am not causing panic, i am opening your eyes to what lies ahead. It is unfair and we are not for it.
If they have to give out loans, why not do it HELB style (for those of us who benefited from this noble scheme) since you will repay it anyway, let them pay the flying fees to the school and tuition for groundschool and PPL exams, and you control the rest, your upkeep, accomodation and even some equipment, i am pretty sure you will save loads, and in the end you get to know exactly how much you spent.
FYI, once you check out you have to get a car loan, because KQ does not pick pilots for work, and you are not allowed in PSV's in uniform, so another loan will be a necessary evil to you Kjnmangaa.
I gain nothing by discouraging guyz from the wonderful opportunity of sitting in a Jet flight deck, but i am asking you guyz help us help you to get what you truly deserve.
I benefited tremendously from the earlier Ab initio courses, when we used to pay only half of what you spent and no interest charged, why not the people who come after me, worst case scenario let them pay for only money spent.

I have no reason spending time on PPRUNE lobbying for something like this, and yet i have to operate a flight early tommorrow morning, i do not want slaves in my flight deck, i want strong opinionated individuals flying as my First Officers.

All the best and happy landings.

Blue side up Always:ok:

UA405
28th Nov 2012, 15:23
Oh by the way fired on your own making could mean failing a check ride:ugh:.

UA405
28th Nov 2012, 15:38
@ Wannabe, how do you like my office, its located at 35,000ft somewhere between Europe and Nairobi ;)

victor_benosa
28th Nov 2012, 16:25
You talk a lot of sense but how do we go about? How do we present our case to the management when we are not even sure if we will go through the interviews successfully. I am currently an engineering student but the desire to fly can make me change career but I also do not want burden of repaying that kind of loan. Please do give us the right channel we can follow otherwise I will just go through the interviews if I succeed then I will weigh the terms and conditions!

bonibones
28th Nov 2012, 16:54
for those who did psychometric today,how was it?what is the watch used for?must it be digital?

UA405
28th Nov 2012, 17:06
The thing is after you pass your interviews, then they offer the contract, obviously you are in no position to dictate how you want things done, but if you ask them tough questions when signing the contracts, then they are aware that you know things never used to be this way, and trust me there are also people trying to put them to task, to find out if the co op deal is the best our cadets can get, while other airlines continue fully sponsoring their own.
As things stand this partnership is purely profit driven and not for the cadets benefit, why not have a situation where they cap the interest for you guyz, instead of having ballooning loans like the new guyz are having.
Asking about it not fighting about it, and behind the scenes we are also trying to seek solutions to this unfortunate scenario.
My heart goes out to these young men and women who have to begin their careers with such a load on their shoulders

wannabe aviator
28th Nov 2012, 17:54
I guess we got off on the wrong foot by not understanding each other's intentions. Now I see where your coming from *humbled*
I like the office.
Happy landings

UA405
28th Nov 2012, 18:49
@ wannabe, don't sweat it, for the time being there is little that can be done to get out of the deal they have with co op, apart from querying why not give the cadets abit more control of how their finances are spent. Anyhow, always know that there are people who are trying to look out for you guyz

@ Kjnmangaa, that is a 767-300ER cockpit, its abit marcopolo compared to the 777, but its a beast and handles like a dream.
I get your point about capitalism and all, but the reason why the famous Donde bill was ever passed was to stop exploitation of customers through inflated interests, as it were the latest cadets will be paying more than double what they borrowed, those are issues that need to be sorted.
And since cadet financing is a lucrative affair, it would have been fair if KQ was the one to sign the dotted line on behalf of its cadets, and use its financial muscle to cover the loan during the grace period, granted you still pay the interest but not as much, and the benefit is passed on to you as a student.

We want you guyz to enjoy your junior F.O years like we did, be able to start on a good footing.

PS: recurency checks once online are twice a year, with an RPC once a year, if you fail them consistently you can be terminated under Non performance, and that falls on you not the company.

Cheers guys and goodluck;)

Delt
28th Nov 2012, 19:23
Greetings, I just want to thank you for looking out for us guys. I am currently in the ab initio programme at 43 and I'm already really thinking about those figures. Unfortunately I'm in the group @kjnmangaa that's paying the loan with 13% interest. Actually it is really shocking that this is the moment we are calculating the amount we are to repay(most of us signed the loan without thinking of the amount weNll pay back to the bank) and it adds up to about 133k for 96 months which is really steep. I think everyone who is striving to join the ab initio course should think about the future before signing those papers. All in all, thanks for being objective. Cheers.

All the best to those doing the psychometric :)

Captain Ben
28th Nov 2012, 22:29
Clearly there's a lot of objectivity in your claims but don't you think the union should take up this matter with the airline because it's clearly a recipe for disaster.2 years down the line there's going to be a lot of labour unrest amongst us first officers due to 'financially overburdened ' pilots as you said.Majority of the Ab initio trainees are not well grounded on financial aspects of employmentand job security,a weakness that is being fully exploited by the airlines management .

Geokumu
28th Nov 2012, 22:39
am afraid UA405 might be right...

MisterToo
29th Nov 2012, 02:11
@UA405, i am very greatful for the insight. It clearly brings out the unselfish you...looking forward to meeting you in person! At what point can you question how the money you will be spending and thereafter payback will be managed, now that you only meet with the HR during the orals only(normally one with two captains), and maybe when leaving..this is so because you dont sign the papers for the loan at KQ, you are asked to meet some lady at coop.. Seriously, there is no point following your dream then it becomes a burden in ones youthful career days.
@Delt i hope the training is going down well despite of the unrest fron UA405.

Delt
29th Nov 2012, 09:03
@MisterToo, everything here is great so far, can't complain much, goodluck in those medicals, hoping to see you here soon.

UA405
29th Nov 2012, 15:54
@ Delt, Thanks for putting things into perspective, alot has really changed since our time as AB initios, i guess with the way things are done you do not really get the chance to air your concerns like we used to.
Anyhow i met a colleague who is in the union and he informed me that they are actually aware and are trying to find an amicable solution with the company's management, to at least ease of the burden on the new guyz.

I apologise if i caused alot of panic on here, i felt it was only fair that you know at the current arrangement things were in favour of the bank and not the cadets.
All the same, the union has got their hands on the contracts from the new F.O's who returned and are trying to get a way to get this sorted.

I will just wish you the best on your interviews for now, give it your best shot and hopefully we will see you on board soon.

Cheers

hotelfachmann
29th Nov 2012, 19:25
Am just but curious. How does one go about with reapplying for the ab initio? Does one need to withdraw the current application if it still reads "active "?

bonibones
30th Nov 2012, 12:24
for those that did psychometric on thursday,did the lady say that results will be out on monday or wednesday?

BOLT KIPCHUMBA
30th Nov 2012, 12:38
for those of us who did the morrisby, u know it was so challenging but lets pray hard hoping that we will sail through. the psycho motor will be on Wednesday for those who will pass the Morris, does anyone know any site where i can get training materials?

nyongesan
30th Nov 2012, 16:55
How did you leave the interviews at medicals???

Magnate
30th Nov 2012, 19:05
the white lady said that they are going to forward the results to KQ on Tuesday. The psycho-motor will start on Wednesday in groups of 8-10 so expect the emails as from Tuesday midday

bonibones
1st Dec 2012, 08:55
thank you.hope we will get through psychometric although it was challenging.God is with us.