PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

FlyingJuggernaut
20th Jun 2011, 10:55
Done with the psychomotor test..very tricky test!!:sad: Does anyone know how one's results are assessed?? Now its just to wait for and see if i will be called for the medicals. Hopeful!!:uhoh::uhoh:

captain chico
20th Jun 2011, 11:16
T'wasnt a walk in the park like the rest:=:=:=:=.was it?

Captain Mutisya
20th Jun 2011, 13:02
Thanks a lot Captain Doc1 for the good wishes, we will surely need them. I'm hoping that Captain Chico and the rest of you who did the Psychomotor today were successful. Now we just wait and hope that tomorrow all will be well.

Capt. Skystar B.
20th Jun 2011, 13:13
For those who did the psychomotor test today,how was it :confused::confused::confused:?And how many were you?
Hope you gave it your best.Tommorrow we are going in for the same and its my prayer and wish that we will give it our best.
All the best to y' all.

Captain Joe
21st Jun 2011, 07:44
@flyingjuggernaut.What is the status of your application now that you made it to the 2nd stage assessments.
I got an email on the 7th asking me to send a copy of my KCSE certificate.I have not received any word from them since.Could have any idea on this occurence?

F.O dravida
21st Jun 2011, 10:25
Hi people!.. my application is still active but I have not heard from kq yet..I was wondering if there are other fellow ppruners who are in the same situation as I am...and anyone with information about when the next batch will be called for the aptitude...please advice.....to all of you who have done the psychomotor...all the best as you wait.for.your next call..

jeffwatitwa
21st Jun 2011, 12:49
Today i did my psychomotor test. I have faith i'll make it to SA

FlyingJuggernaut
22nd Jun 2011, 06:40
@CaptainJoe..the status of my appication still reads active. Am guessing the reason they asked for your certificate is because some guys lie about their grades during application only to be caught when short listed...if your application is still active am sure you will be contacted...this process requires ALOT of patience. All the best!

Capt.Divah
22nd Jun 2011, 15:33
Did the psycomoter yesterday an i must agree i was drained:sad:

nizzy123
23rd Jun 2011, 09:44
:ugh:dying with anxiety.anyone who has gotten a call for medicals?

nizzy123
23rd Jun 2011, 09:49
@ mark5 i know a guy who is also waiting.guess there is another recruitment soon, jus be patient

nizzy123
23rd Jun 2011, 10:46
yeeeeee!God is great.just got a mail inviting me for medicals.check your mails guys if you did psychomotor on Mon 20th

FlyingJuggernaut
23rd Jun 2011, 11:07
YES!!!made it for the medicals on Monday!!!check your mails guys!

captain chico
23rd Jun 2011, 12:32
:confused:For those who collapsed in the way,keep the hope that you will make it in the next recruitment process. Cheers to those who made it:ok:

leummas
23rd Jun 2011, 17:40
these guys doing their medical on monday are for whichfinancial year?

Capt. Skystar B.
23rd Jun 2011, 20:45
I sincerely thank God for having enabled me to get this far.
Im part of those going for the medical test on Monday & @Leumas i think this is the first group of the 2011/2012 financial year.For those who have made this far the sky ain't the limit we got a bigger task ahead of us.
For those who were left behind at some point in the process always remember that passion,patience and determination will make your todays dream a reality tommorrow.
And for those whose applications are yet to be processed,patience is key.
May God see us through the remaining parts. :ok:

Captain Joe
27th Jun 2011, 16:52
@nizzy 123 , flyingjuggernaut , Capt.Skystar B
Congratulatiions on making it that far.That is no mean achievement,i must say.

I also believe and hope that you will also sail through the medicals and oral interviews and secure your ticket down south.

Ensure that you enjoy flying the Piper Cherokee,Piper Warrior and Piper Seminoles.These are fantastic training aircraft.Do also ensure you make good use of the instructors and learn and grow to become fine airmen/airwomen.

The stakes are quite high especially considering you will be flying for the national carrier.KQ is not only a Kenyan airline but it carries with it the face and prestige of Africa hence "the pride of Africa" as it is commonly referred to in some quarters.

All the Best:ok:

capt24
27th Jun 2011, 18:15
i also got that e mail for scanning my results

nizzy123
28th Jun 2011, 15:36
@capt. Divah and capt Joe,Thanks alot,you will make it too,God saw me through and He can do that for you too. judging by your age, you still got 2 more chances and i guess the passion too.

Anyway, medicals weren't a smooth sail as I thought. We were 12 of us and what i thot would take 3hrs at most, took the whole day. We had instructions not to eat anything in the morning until we had seen the doctor and that translated to taking lunch at 4pm after they had taken like a whole pint of our blood in five different test tubes.

We all got a thorough medical checkup and to some extent some of the tests were repeated by different doctors. And like its not enough, we all got appointments with other doctors today, wednesday and thursday.Its obvious you have to be in tiptop health for you to be pilot, but i hope the 12 of us will go through.

Captain James Kirk
28th Jun 2011, 16:36
Congratulations are in order. I didn't get to do my psychomotor because of [trivial] unforeseen occurrences but I may be getting rescheduled. So here's to seeing you guys down south, or in the sky - whichever comes first.

-----
Aside, there were probable UFOs over London a few days ago.
And you guys are a religious batch! Good stuff!

capt24
29th Jun 2011, 10:19
At the beggining of the interview were you told to scan your results and after scaning how long did you take and if u scanned what was the status of your application? and is there onother group behind you?????:)

captain chico
29th Jun 2011, 11:12
After being told to scan your results, your status should remain active. If it is terminated then it means you cant proceed with the interviews. In most cases, they ask you to scan the results so as to ensure that you have not gone through the interviews before and if you have, the probationary period is over and in other cases, to confirm your grades. Cheers man

tjaey
1st Jul 2011, 08:26
i also got the email requesting a scanned copy of the KCSE cert... that's kind of a problem because i only have the results slip

To those guys who went for medicals:D how is the eye test conducted nway?

Ndambz
3rd Jul 2011, 19:12
Hey guys, am new here and congratulations :D:D:D to the guys who are finally going for the medical test....
I have previously applied for the training program but the application just still indicates active and I have not received any email to confirm an interview or anything of the sort!!!
Any advice please???!!!
and is there anyone in the same place as I am?
Thanks

F.O dravida
3rd Jul 2011, 19:30
ndambs you are not alone...just be patient the email will come when the time comes for us

Shadrix
4th Jul 2011, 09:16
Got an email 2 scan ma k.c.s.e cert. Congrats to those who pas medical. Am stil waitin 2 be called.

captain chico
4th Jul 2011, 09:33
Shadrix when did you apply and when did you get the e mail for scanning your results/ sorry for the many ques

Machinegunn
4th Jul 2011, 10:03
hey guys i've been reading the thread and i must say it's helping.I just had a question,is one asked to scan their results slip or their kcse certificate.im fresh from high school and have my results slip although im yet to receive my certificate.Do i have a chance??dying here:hmm:...can i use my result slip?

captain chico
4th Jul 2011, 10:26
Hey machinegunn...When did you apply and when did you get the e mail requesting you to scan your certificate? Kenya airways HR does not mind the result slip so long as you follow it up with a statement of confirmation of results. That is during the aptitude day.You have a chance broh..cheers

kativo
4th Jul 2011, 16:07
hey guys im very new to this forum,must say i've missed alot but as they say nothing like the present , i just applied befor the june 31st deadline and i want to know where i stand. for those who got called for interviews when did you apply and how long did it take for the response to come back .:ok:

hehe i should have read the other posts first. cheers got most of the info.

Kenne capt.
4th Jul 2011, 20:20
congratulations to all that have come this far! :DDo your best! time flies fast, just over a year ago I was doing the interviews as well, now flying the 737! oh well, wishing you all the best! hope to fly with you soon! cheers!!! :ok:

Machinegunn
5th Jul 2011, 08:41
Hey captain chico...thanks for the heads up,I havent received the e-mail yet but i just thought id confirm to ensure my application is not in vain:ok:....stilll waiting for that mail....i applied on 9th May.I sure hope luck is on my side

Billowz
6th Jul 2011, 11:13
Hi guyz (guys). I'm new to the site so pliz (please) overlook the blunders that I've made (if any). Anyways, I just want to know what it means when your account status reads Terminate application.

captain chico
6th Jul 2011, 12:28
Bills terminate application means you are out of the race. If you started the interview, it means that you failed along the way and if you havent, it means your application was rejected.

Billowz
7th Jul 2011, 11:13
Thanks man. Now I know why they never invited me for any further interviews. All the same, I thought they would email me if I failed .How comes they leave it to the interviewee to figure it out for himself? Hata hivyo, I'm just glad that it's over- now I can sleep :O

captain chico
7th Jul 2011, 13:42
Don't worry broh. Let this times failure be a motivation factor the next time. It is not the end of the road. God will always make a way for you. There are guys in South Africa who tried thrice and their patience and persistence paid at last. Keep the fight Brother. Cheers:ok:

kativo
8th Jul 2011, 12:38
Where do i put my 'physics,maths, english' grades and 'mean grade ' , Im confused:confused:

isaac maiwa
10th Jul 2011, 12:16
I am eighteen years old boy. I am a former student of Meteitei secondary school.I had a mean garde of A in KCSE.of matha(A),Eng(B+)and Phy(A).I am applying for the above mentioned job following the advertisement on the magazine.
Your consideration is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

the254
10th Jul 2011, 13:10
@isaac if not mistaken,i think you have just posted an application letter on the forum. I'd advice that you go to Kenya Airways: The Pride of Africa (http://www.kenya-airways.com/careers) and post the application there. If you read the thread from the beginning, am sure you'll find some insightful information about the program.:ok:

Captain Joe
10th Jul 2011, 13:16
@ Isaac Mwaiwa - This is not the recruitment portal for Kenya Airways. Apparently, this is just a forum of interaction for players in the aviation industry be it aspiring pilots, actual pilots, even former pilot and any other line of trade in the aviation industry globally not just here in Kenya.

Therefore, I advice that you visit www.kenya-airways.com/careers (http://www.kenya-airways.com/careers) .Open up an account on their website,fill in your details,search for the Ab Initio Pilot Trainee position and apply.

Do that promptly as the position is about to close so hurry.

hope this is useful,if you require any further assistance feel free to type.
The writer is an aspiring pilot.:cool:

Captain Joe
10th Jul 2011, 13:32
It has come to my attention following observations I've been conducting on this forum that majority of the contributors are posting their messages using text speak.

This is quite unfortunate especially for us who have intentions to fly for the national carrier.

By now you should have realised that you are about to leap to the next phase of your lives;professional lives.

This requires one to conduct themselves in a manner that is mature and commands respect.

Same case applies to the kind of language one uses.This forum is no exception and the language used here should be proper,grammatically correct with all the rules of language observed.

You are what you practice. The habits that one develops now will surely follow to wherever;perhaps even the interviewing room and the consequences can be very severe.

Therefore, I urge anyone making a contribution to this thread to do so in proper language.It is for our own benefit I tell you.

The writer is an aspiring pilot:cool:.

Newbie787
10th Jul 2011, 20:51
@Captain Joe, I agree with you wholly on that. I think if you are in the process of applying for the position then you had best start getting your English spoken correctly both in text and in speech, because it is a requirement before you get a student license that you do a language proficiency test, and if you fail you repeat it every year until you pass at a cost of 13,000 per test.
On another note, to all those who have made it this far, congratulations, we look forward to having you down South, and welcome to the awesomest job in the world. ;-)

ndungu
12th Jul 2011, 18:13
just check at the bottom of the application and you'll see written "add another qualification"click on it and fill.then you are good to go.

Gy7.
13th Jul 2011, 07:06
kq is growing first, more pilots are needed. stop this anxiety and display your competitive advantage in the interviews. trust me kq needs only the very best. your passion is key but being yourself will get you through.

all the best aspirants!

ndungu
15th Jul 2011, 08:02
Anyone out there who knows how long it takes for KQ to reply to one's application?

godelvis
19th Jul 2011, 14:34
if someone uses spectacles does it mean he has already failed the eye test?

captain chico
19th Jul 2011, 14:43
@ ndugu. No one knows the time but they invite you for the interviews when you least expect it. If you applied from mid-april onwards to early july, the invite most likely will come somewhere in august or october. At least that was what i was told.
For those wearing glasses, so long as you can see 20/20 with them there is no problem. Don't mind them. Do all your best in the interviews and the rest leave it to God.

Shadrix
20th Jul 2011, 04:50
I applied in ealy feb and my application is stil active. Do i stil have the chance of being called?

Cpt Wairagu
20th Jul 2011, 05:32
Applied in Feb. Was told to scan and send my high school transcripts in July. Got invited for the aptitude 3weeks later. Was invited the this week (Tue) for psychometric. Waiting for a reply on the way forward. All those waiting, do not give up, just continue checking your email. God bless

jang1
20th Jul 2011, 11:41
Hi guys. I just got an invite to attend the orals this coming friday. Anyone have an idea what goes on there?

captain chico
20th Jul 2011, 12:18
Big up brother. Congratulations are in order. For the oral interview, just form a good (fictional):) story on why you want to be a pilot and why you want to join the aviation industry. It is a 20 minute stuff. All the best brother.:ok:

godelvis
21st Jul 2011, 08:50
thanks so much.I feel encouraged. I was really worried about my spectacles.

Capt. Bill
21st Jul 2011, 13:52
@captain chico who told you that guys who applied in mid-april onwards would be called in august or october?

captain chico
21st Jul 2011, 14:12
That is the estimate by the head of flight operations training. He however told me that it may change because of several factors such as the departure of the current group to SA.

Capisals
22nd Jul 2011, 13:27
Orals were not that bad, however some of the questions were really more a test of confidence than knowledge. Hoping next stop is South Africa. :ok:

nizzy123
23rd Jul 2011, 09:16
@capisals
in my opinion,i say the orals were quite tricky.anyway,since we were all given the go ahead to defer our studies and to fill in visa forms,i take that as a sign that we all passed...down south on 4th hopefully.

Captain James Kirk
28th Jul 2011, 11:25
^Also, news on the new guys who just did the pilapt?

Captain James Kirk
28th Jul 2011, 16:13
I just got mail; called in for the medical thank God. A luta continua (vitoria e certa?!?)

leummas
28th Jul 2011, 16:17
guys which are some of the questions they asked for orals?

Machinegunn
9th Aug 2011, 12:29
Hey captain James Kirk,how long did it take for you to receive the first mail?I applied in May and haven't heard anything yet :(

pndash
10th Aug 2011, 10:02
just applied for ab initio, keeping my fingers crossed that I will be short listed. I am also new to this forum and i am looking forward to learning a lot through this.all the best to all those who have applied too!!

Captain James Kirk
10th Aug 2011, 12:37
@Machinegun, I applied way back when March began, and they replied in June. There's really nothing you can do - so as long as you've accurately filed and met all the requirements (and have a working email address of course), you will get called in. There's sorting and what not that they have to do, and once they get a new batch running you will be surprised by an email (don't make plans to be out of the country soon).

It's all on them. And remember, they have to make arrangements for the third party examiners involved in the assessments too so, go figure.

Capt Ecko 1
12th Aug 2011, 14:40
Good luck guys.. Look forward to seeing & working with you soon. Kenya Airways is trully the pride of Africa. :D

patmu
18th Aug 2011, 21:21
Hi people, I am writing here to enquire because I applied for the second time since 2007,and haven't got a response.My account reads active.I applied on 11th August,this month. Should I continue hoping for a response. Does age limit affect,i.e past 24yrs ?

Peter Njagi
22nd Aug 2011, 05:33
i am not understanding it well...please someone email me a detailed procedure of applying for the programme to *[email protected]*
thanks in advance

Cpt. killiwam
30th Aug 2011, 19:07
Hey guys, those who applied in June, check your mails, just got an invitation for aptitude test on 8th September. Anyone who has done the aptitude please assist. What does it entail.

bandwagon
31st Aug 2011, 07:39
Hey,

I also got an invitation for an interview on Thursday 8th September.:rolleyes:

Machinegunn
1st Sep 2011, 15:25
Hey guys,I just received an e-mail inviting me to the aptitude test on 7th September 2011,I applied in May....I guess the journey begins from here.All the best to those heading for the tests on Wednesday :ok: Does anyone have any idea what to expect.Help please for those who successfully went through the same,it will be appreciated:D and does anyone have any idea where on earth Old Airport Road is?any street names that would help?
Captain James Kirk Help?

bandwagon
1st Sep 2011, 16:46
@ Machinegun,

Check KQ'S pride centre on googlemaps. About the aptitude test, check the first post on page one of this thread. See you on Thursday.:sad:

Cpt. killiwam
1st Sep 2011, 18:08
@Machinegun and Bandwagon, tha journey begins. Heard that it,s pretty rough. All tha best next week.
And where tha hell is airport road, that map in googlemaps is complicated

Captain James Kirk
2nd Sep 2011, 08:07
Everything you need to know (unless the rules change) has been put down here over the 2 years or so. Try reread the thread and you'll feel that confidence coming. As always, you'd be better off stressing on accuracy if you aren't fast enough (or if you're too nervous or sick or something). Whatever you do, get it right. Same rules will apply in the psychometric.

Old Airport North-last time I remember, coming from Msa road that is, there was a detour with a tiny sign that said "Airport North Road". Noticable, you just follow that until you see a hangar out distant with the kq banner. You'd be better off using private transport but if you're using public (34? or 33? Not sure) you might want to get out a lot ahead of time. Good luck!

bandwagon
2nd Sep 2011, 09:47
@ Capt Killiwam, I happen to live just near the KQ place.. anyway here are the directions.

If you're using a matatu, go to Commercial (opposite Archives) and take a Nissan Matatu Route 33. There are like a million of them but insist on the one using Jogoo road and terminating at 'Rounda.' At the Airport North Roundabout (which will be the end of the route, there will be a myriad of matatus going to Embakassi Village and Utawala. Just ask the conductors to direct you to the Pride Centre or Kenya Airways Headquarters. You'll take a short walk probably 50 metres, and you will see the pride centre on your left.

If you're on private means, you can access Airport North through either Mombasa Road or Jogoo Road. (By the way, I'm sorry but NEITHER route is better. Just take the one closest to your convenience.) Head to Airport North and take a detour to the left. The road is under construction. Detour at Tusky's and take the rough road on the left. Go on and take the first right. You will find a newly constructed round about. Take it and go RIGHT (If you take a left, you will see yourself in RUIRU thanks to the bypass.) You should see the pride centre on the left.

NB: Traffic here isHELL..!!Especially in the mornings mainly due to the ongoing road construction and detours/divertions. The email said 7:30am. The matatu from town will probably take an hour. Private means will probably take 30-45 minutes from town. If you don't want to be late, I'd advice you take a taxi or you depart your house well before 6am..!!!

Hope I've helped you.

Machinegunn
2nd Sep 2011, 17:20
Thanks a lot Captain Kirk and Bandwagon,the info will sure help on Wednesday...hoping for the best,fingers crossed :ok:

Cpt. killiwam
2nd Sep 2011, 18:42
@Bandwagon, you've helped a lot and I really appreciate it.
Fingers crossed too.

Machinegunn
3rd Sep 2011, 13:39
Hey captain Kirk is it ok to use the result slip because i just cleared my fourth form last year and havent yet received my certificate.

rare species
3rd Sep 2011, 16:53
If you cleared your fourth form last year, you can go with your result slip. They will tell you what to, like going to KNEC and doing some stuff...so dont worry. Good luck

Cpt. killiwam
3rd Sep 2011, 17:53
@Machinegun, you can go directly to KNEC headquarters and request for your cert. They can process it within one day or few days, but if you don't get it by Thursday I guess you better give it a shot with the result slip.

godelvis
3rd Sep 2011, 18:04
I haven't got any email yet from KQ yet I applied in March. I wanted to ask if i still stand an opportunity to be called for an interview

bandwagon
5th Sep 2011, 09:58
The KQ recruitment system basically picks applicants based on minimun qualifications.. i.e.. KCSE Mean Grade (B+) and physics, maths, English grades (B+). So go to your account and recheck these vital qualifications. Good news is, the deadline is still far. So if you put these minimum requirements properly and your application still flagged 'active' you're good to go for the next intake.!

All the best!

jameselevun
5th Sep 2011, 13:05
The anxiety I have is too much!!:eek::eek:!!and we havnt started yet!!!cant wait for thursday!!

Gy7.
5th Sep 2011, 14:11
I also received e-mail for 7th. lets hope for the very best.
Congrats to all those who have been invited for aptitude test and all the best.

CAPT GOLF
6th Sep 2011, 06:26
Hey ,i was just wondering if there is a possibility of those of us who applied in july..specifically july 20th to be called this september.Anybody who applied in july and has been called...please help.

godelvis
6th Sep 2011, 08:39
@bandwagon,I have all the qualifications,so I think I will just have to wait for next intake

godelvis
6th Sep 2011, 08:42
How does one know that he has been called for interview?Is it through one's account in KQ website or through one's e-mail account?

Cpt. killiwam
6th Sep 2011, 13:32
Capt Golf, I applied towards the end of June and have already got an invite. Yours is also on the way coming.
Godelvis they send the invite in your mail. Keep on checking.
Gy7 and the rest of the guys sitting tommorow, all the best.

F.O dravida
6th Sep 2011, 20:27
hey guys...got an sms today inviting me for the interviews..the sms came at around 8 pm on 6th...anyone who got the sms?..

jameselevun
7th Sep 2011, 09:31
To all you guys that made it through, how long did the whole process take i.e from aptitude test to oral interview??and what exactly happens in the medicals??...

CAPT GOLF
7th Sep 2011, 11:10
@Jameselevun...you must be very lucky...yaani you only waited for one month...its has been eternity for us and still no response....i totally qualified...so i dont know what the problem is but let us just hung in there.

bandwagon
7th Sep 2011, 13:47
Gy7 and the guys who sat the aptitude today.. How was it?? :) and I hope you enjoyed our morning traffic jams here in Embakassi.. :\

All the best though.

Cpt. killiwam
7th Sep 2011, 15:39
Those who did the aptitude today, how was it? Bandwagon, we gonna ace that thing tommorow. Heard that the traffic is waaah in the morning...

bandwagon
7th Sep 2011, 16:13
Well they're making the JKIA-Westlands overpass at Mombasa road near City Cabanas.. and also the bypass to Ruiru on your way to the kq place! Traffic normally starts at 6:30am and clears at 11am.. I wish the interviews were at 11 :sad:.. How bad is the traffic?? Well normally I'd take about 10 minutes to KQ HQ but tomorrow, to avoid traffic I'm leaving the house at 6am, I go and wait with the guards... If I leave the house past 6:30am I'm guaranteed I won't make it at 7:30. Traffic even starts within our estate..!!! Can you Imagine!!!!?? :yuk:

jameselevun
7th Sep 2011, 16:32
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ati 6.30!!!thats early!!so ill have to leave at kedo 5.45!!si from city cabanas its straightforward ama?

Mark5
7th Sep 2011, 18:34
Those going tomorrow,there's nothing like 'acing' the tests but words of advice, be really FAST and ACCURATE! All the best!

Machinegunn
8th Sep 2011, 06:52
I agree with you Mark5,there really isn't anything like acing the tests.To guys who will be taking the aptitude tests in future the first test is a primary school kind of paper that requires you to figure out the sequences of different patterns and answer correctly.A heads-up,dont even think you can complete the paper :ugh: the second is a math paper thats divided into two sections with limited time for each section,nothing tough just regular equations and problems that dont even need a calculator but boy are they many :* the second part mostly contains simple but very long problems so it depends on how fast you are.the questions are mostly about speed and flight times of planes and bullets so good luck.Then there is mechanical reasoning which is all about pulley systems,instrumentation which to me was the worst part of the interview.After a brief lecture you're expected to read and interprate a few instruments on the plane like speed,altitude,the artificial horizon and compass...if you're thinking it's a piece of cake,well think again because you are required to answer 64 questions that require quite a lot of thinking in just 30 minutes.trust me the thirty minutes will seem like ten := anyway good luck to you all aspiring pilots out there :D

Cpt. killiwam
8th Sep 2011, 13:23
The instrumentation part required a lot of keenness.
I kept tilting my head from side to side on the banking questions.

Machinegunn
8th Sep 2011, 14:31
cpt. Killiwam youre damn right that was a struggle.We can only hope for the best people:)

Machinegunn
9th Sep 2011, 05:35
Has anyone gotten any second e-mail?

F.O Ritzo
9th Sep 2011, 06:42
Am so green but this must be the most informative thread i have gotten so far, too bad i got it a little late

I did the aptitude test on 7th and i'm praying hard 2 get the psychometric mail . My passion of flight is burning more than ever before.

I've read patience in this program is your biggest virtue but its so hard :ugh:

CAPT GOLF
9th Sep 2011, 08:43
FO ritzo when did you apply?....am liking your psych for flying keep it up am hoping they will be calling more people for aptitudes next week....did they say anything like this during your interviews anyone who went for aptitudes jana?

Cpt. killiwam
9th Sep 2011, 09:19
Capt. Golf,,, I was one of the people who did the aptitude yesterday. I applied towards the end of June. They didn,t tell us about the next aptitude. All they told us is that psychometric is next week wed and thur. Hope by Monday they will have communicated to us.
Fingers crossed.

capt chruzz
9th Sep 2011, 09:36
capt killiwam hey pal. I did apply for the ab iniyio pilot programme towards the end of february this year and ive still not gotten any reply through email. exactly what kind of qualifications are they looking for?

Cpt. killiwam
9th Sep 2011, 10:13
capt chruz, that's pretty long. Qualifications, Mean grade B+, Maths B+, EnglishB+, Physics B+, height 5'4"- 6'2",, age 18-24. Is your application still active on KQ's site??

CAPT GOLF
9th Sep 2011, 10:27
Mine is still indicating active on my account i applied end of july......is it true that they are guys who applied in august and they have been called

Cpt. killiwam
9th Sep 2011, 17:54
Hey, if any of you gets a mail invitation for psychometric kindly post here, coz my e-mail address ain't working.

Cpt. killiwam
9th Sep 2011, 18:27
Capt Golf, they communicated to me thro my e-mail,, but the e-mail domain that I used ni student e-mail ya campus. Our Campo closed all ICT services including e-mail services for site maintenance. So can't access my mail till they are through with their thing.

jameselevun
9th Sep 2011, 19:13
bado hawajacommunicate it seems they love causing anxiety!!coz I remember tha airforce guy said the results would be with kq yesterday...anyway we still wait....

patmu
9th Sep 2011, 21:15
I applied early august but no reply yet,despite media news of the demand of pilots by KQ. Any one who applied early August and went this week for tests?

jameselevun
10th Sep 2011, 04:19
I did,applied on11th august thereabout but I was one of tha last guys on the list for Thursday,you just tulia am sure theyl contact you soon

CAPT GOLF
10th Sep 2011, 07:13
hey approximately hw many guys were you for the guys who went on wed and thur?......heard a number of guys were chujwad coz of height

Cpt. killiwam
10th Sep 2011, 08:06
Capt Golf, on thur we were 76, that is plus those who were chujwad. Don't know how many were chujwad.... Heard that on wed they were fewer than us.

Machinegunn
10th Sep 2011, 09:24
on wednesday we were 53:hmm: has anyone received any mail for the psychometric test?

F.O Ritzo
10th Sep 2011, 09:51
Cpt. Golf, i applied around late April.

CAPT GOLF
10th Sep 2011, 09:52
HEY ..i dont think they send any emails on weekends ...wait till next week....working days.....they will def communicate just chill..:-)

F.O Ritzo
10th Sep 2011, 09:58
Machinegunn..yup that's the rough figure, but when it comes to communication from kq it seems we need to develop some thick skin and nerves of steel na mambo bado. Keeping my fingers crossed though :cool:

Gy7.
11th Sep 2011, 09:34
:sad:It is 9/11 don expect e-mails today maybe from tomorrow. for now a moment of silence for lives affected.

Ndambz
11th Sep 2011, 16:44
I hear that the guys who were disqualified: their KQ account reads Terminated application. I also haven't received any official communication from KQ, they didnt even send me the email inviting me to the aptitude test... the sent me an sms. So when u get your application is still active, thats a very good sign.
God is with us and definitely this time we are going to S.A....
Anyone receives any email for the psychometric, let us know.

Cpt. killiwam
11th Sep 2011, 17:32
Ndambz, do you know of someone whose application has been terminated??

Ndambz
12th Sep 2011, 06:59
Yeah Capt.Killiwam there's a friend of mine whose application was already terminated by end of Saturday....

How does your application read ama ushapata email?

F.O dravida
12th Sep 2011, 07:01
guys...check your mails..just got invited for the psychometric on the 14th at the KQ pride centre...gud luck as we prepare for the interview.....and by the way...they have given us enough time this time round because the interviews will begin at 12:45pm.

Ndambz
12th Sep 2011, 07:10
Haiya, congrats dravida... i guess am just going to wait for my sms then because last time they sent me an sms for the aptitude... when did u do the aptitude anyway?

Mark5
12th Sep 2011, 07:15
@dravida,actualy the session runs UNTIL 12.45pm please re-read the e-mail. However the 7.45pm date i think is wrong. Someone please confirm

Cpt. killiwam
12th Sep 2011, 07:16
Congrats dravida, way to go.
@Ndambz, mine is still active but no mail yet. I guess we just have to sit tight and hope for the best.

Ndambz
12th Sep 2011, 07:21
Killiwam when did u do the aptitude? mine was on thursday...

Cpt. killiwam
12th Sep 2011, 07:30
Did it on Thursday too

captain miyanga
12th Sep 2011, 07:44
Still waiting for my invitation for the psychometric. Did my aptitude on Thursday...

chetekei
12th Sep 2011, 07:58
Does anyone know when the group doing interviews is expected to leave for SA?

Ndambz
12th Sep 2011, 08:31
Anyone who did the interview on Thursday and has received an invitation email....???:confused:

Machinegunn
12th Sep 2011, 10:05
Yaaay:} just got an invitation to the psychometric test :ok: on wednesday

Ndambz
12th Sep 2011, 10:13
congrats machinegunn.:D..... we are still waiting.... watu wa thursday???!!!:confused:

Gy7.
12th Sep 2011, 10:50
Psychometric on 14th September. at 7.45 pm, that should be 7.45 am. there may be two sessions on that day so if you told 12.30 pm its okay. all the best all those attending psychometric.

F.O Ritzo
12th Sep 2011, 11:42
I also got mine in the morning for 14th so hoping for the best for those awaiting. All the best on Wednesday :ok:

Ndambz
12th Sep 2011, 11:53
Anyone who went on thursday for the aptitude and has received communication yet?
Although I know some guys whose applications on the KQ account that have been terminated that went on thursday..

bandwagon
12th Sep 2011, 12:54
Wassup peeps! Did the aptitude on thursday.. Relaax.. ;) Still a negative on the 2nd interview.. By the way, I want to congratulate those who did the aptitude on 7th and have been invited for the psychometric.. You guys deserve it..!!!:D:D For those still waiting like me, let's hope that tomorrow they'll communicate for the thursday pychometric.. Is it true some accounts have already been terminated..? Because the HR lady told us that termination of your application would normally come with a system generated email that you have been unsuccesful. Someone please shed some light..:ugh:

Ndambz
12th Sep 2011, 13:09
On Thursday I had attended the interview with one of my friends..., he was disqualified and the KQ account by Saturday read Terminated Application.
last year I hear the System generated emails indicating that one has been terminated from the process were not sent according to the information that I have been receiving from last year unsuccessful applicants... so they may not come at all.
I hope the emails for the thursday interviewees are confirmed to be sent t tomorrow because it is very confusing indeed....:ugh:
God Be with us:oh:

Ndambz
12th Sep 2011, 13:53
Thank God, I have just received an email for Thursday 15th......, problem is the time... it says that the test ends at 5.45 pm what time are we expected to be there....?
Still hoping for the best for those who await the invitation......
all the best for those going for the psychometric tests this week.

captain miyanga
12th Sep 2011, 14:25
Congrats comrades who have received invites. I also went on Thursday though am yet to receive the invitation. My status on the website is still active so I am still hoping and praying that I get an invite.

Cpt. killiwam
12th Sep 2011, 14:48
Just got mine too.

Ndambz
12th Sep 2011, 14:49
Miyanga It will come...., ave been waiting the whole day na imekuja finally... Just pray!!!

jameselevun
12th Sep 2011, 18:58
Thank God mine also came!!will be doing it from 12.45!!wah!!we've survived tha first cut!!hope we make it all the way!!

Cpt. killiwam
12th Sep 2011, 18:58
@Ndambz,, I think we will are divided into two groups. Am in the morning group that will sit the psychometric from 7:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. So, I guess you guys will take it over from us at 12:30 p.m. to 5:45
Though you should confirm from someone else if am correct.

mwangi njuguna
13th Sep 2011, 03:57
first post, just got the invite, for psychometric tommorow, 14th september, at 12.45. *phew*, godspeed fellows!, out.[

CAPT GOLF
13th Sep 2011, 06:02
Hey was inquiring coz anxiety is killing me.....after you guys applied did you get two emails one confirming successful receipt of your application and the other informing you that they will contact you soonest...i apllied in july and ive not yet been called....anyone please?

Cpt. killiwam
13th Sep 2011, 07:54
Capt Golf, I didn't get any such kind of e-mail. The first e-mail that I got from KQ was the one inviting me for an aptitude test.

CAPT GOLF
13th Sep 2011, 11:13
Any body who got these two emails from systems admin and HR immediately after applying.....

Mark5
13th Sep 2011, 11:42
@cptgolf, i applied somewhere in may and got those two e-mails.am going for psychometric kesho. Just be patient you'll get it.

Javier Hernandez
13th Sep 2011, 11:45
I have just submitted my application for the programme. I got those two system generated e mails acknowledging my application and indicating my application test score. For those doing their psychometric test on wednesday and thursday: All the best. Cheers

F.O Ritzo
13th Sep 2011, 17:04
Wishing all those doing the psychometric test the best, you will ace it, best believe :ok:

Cpt. killiwam
14th Sep 2011, 04:51
All the best, for those doing their psychometric paper today.
Thursday fellaz, we have less than 24 hours and counting...

patmu
14th Sep 2011, 15:46
Anyone who applied early August and has done Aptitude last week,7th or 8th. When is the next aptitude next.I have'nt received any email yet.

Jetdriver
14th Sep 2011, 16:17
Another reminder about using "text speak." Don't, if you want your posts to remain. Clear communication will serve you very well in this industry. If you want to text, then simply text one another.

Mark5
15th Sep 2011, 11:25
Hey guys,is there anyoneelse here whose confirmation of results had'nt arrived from KNEC by wednesday morning?

Cpt. killiwam
15th Sep 2011, 12:49
Ahem,, Why aren't you guys talking about psychometric. hahahaa... It was cruel... JEEZ!! Let's hope for the best

jameselevun
15th Sep 2011, 19:54
haha!!it was very cruel...especially tha speed tests!!!what!!!45 seconds is too short to think of round metallic things!!!Hehehe!!!

mwangi njuguna
16th Sep 2011, 17:32
fingers so very tighty crossed, checking my mail every 5 minutes, luck be a lady!:}

Cairo_n
19th Sep 2011, 06:31
has any1 gotn feedback abt the psychometric test n an invitation to the psychomotor?

chetekei
19th Sep 2011, 06:58
@Cairo_n I have some free advice. Try acquaint yourself with the house rules on the kind of language to use.

Cairo_n
19th Sep 2011, 07:33
morning?
Has anyone received feedback whether negative or positive regarding the psychometric test carried out on september 14 at the kenya airways pride centre? If so when did u receive it?

Ndambz
19th Sep 2011, 10:34
Any official emails yet???
And did anyone delete my previous posts??:rolleyes:

Cpt. killiwam
19th Sep 2011, 10:54
Ndambz, haven't recieved any mail yet. I think your post was deleted by the moderator because you weren't using official language. Don't use "text speak" if you want your post to remain in the thread.

jameselevun
19th Sep 2011, 11:31
No news yet!!!these guys are good at keeping us in suspense:D:D

Cairo_n
19th Sep 2011, 11:55
Here i thought i was the only one who dint get any feedback, big ups 2 KQ the anxiety is killing me,does anyone have any idea as to how many recruits will be chosen?
All the best to all of us!
P.s ndambz my post was deleted as well!

Machinegunn
19th Sep 2011, 12:13
Im dying here....are these guys for real,even just telling us we weren't successfull would save us a load of psychological torture....Big ups KQ tou'che!!
:rolleyes::D

mwangi njuguna
19th Sep 2011, 13:10
'It would seem, my dear watson, that what we have here, is a game of patience!' man i wish i was a crocodile right now. sigh!

Cpt. killiwam
19th Sep 2011, 16:37
Okay,, guys have already been called?? Anyone of thursday interview group to confirm my fears. kjnmangaa, what time did they call you??

Ndambz
19th Sep 2011, 16:47
if you had attended the psychometric last week on thursday and have not received any call from Kenya Airways... Do not be alarmed most if not everyone has not received communication from them.
Just like last week. we will be called a day after the guys attending the wednesday psychomotor since I guess we will be doing it on Thursday.
Dont Panic Just really keep hoping for the best.:uhoh::uhoh:

Machinegunn
19th Sep 2011, 16:56
Well,good luck to all who made it to the next stage I guess this is it for those of us who did not get any calls or emails....this is where we bow out for now but its not the last of us hopefully :O congrats to you who made it :D:D:D

jameselevun
19th Sep 2011, 17:24
I have not heard of anyone who did their psychometric on Thursday thats been called. Let's not panic yet guys.!!!patience is a virtue!!:}:}

mwangi njuguna
20th Sep 2011, 05:39
I guess this is it for those of us who did the morrisby on wednesday and haven't got the call/email. good luck to those going ahead, you guys totally deserve it after that psychometric!

CAPT GOLF
20th Sep 2011, 06:12
Congratulations to all those who have made it to the third interview...those who didnt make it dont lose hope...dreams rarely matches reality but they offer nobility to purpose....for the rest of us we are still waiting to be given the chance to show what we got.....anyone who knows when we might be called?....is it before this lot goes or after they leave for sa

jameselevun
20th Sep 2011, 06:31
I just received the call to attend the interview tommorow at 2. This short notice business is stressing but what else can we do?!!Hoping for the best and goodluck to all going tomorrow!!

Mark5
20th Sep 2011, 10:33
got the call this morning too..its at the pride centre. all the best to everyone

Cairo_n
20th Sep 2011, 10:49
anyone else got the invitation for the psychomotor?

Ndambz
20th Sep 2011, 10:59
Got the call early this Morning..... 12.45 it is. For those who are attending tommorrow's psychomotor, all the best to us and may God see us through.
For those who didnt make it, just know that greatness is not measured in the number of times u fall, but the number of times we pick ourselves up when we slip..... 24 months isn't that long...

Jetdriver
20th Sep 2011, 12:34
Final reminder on this subject. From now on offending posts will be deleted.

"Text speak" (U, UR, 2morrow, cuz, n'), .....etc. is handy for sending short text messages. This is a professional aviation forum, where communication is at least one level up from thumb operated shorthand. Please write your posts without resorting to this form of abbreviated shorthand.

Despite regular reminders on this subject, a few people seem unable to grasp the concept of forum communication, or understand the simple instruction. When discussing a subject where communication and ability are fundamentally required skills, it is helpful for the author and the reader to see a basic grasp of both.

If you are unable or unwilling to comply with this simple request, you are probably wasting your time in any event. A point that is seemingly not lost on the vast majority of contributors. For the remaining minority, either comply or simply switch to texting each other.

mwangi njuguna
20th Sep 2011, 12:54
I have finally received the call at around 2.30, thank goodness. I was nerve-racked the whole day, if only there were awards for most frequently checked email.........:O:O:O

Ndambz
21st Sep 2011, 14:08
Now i see why its the hardest test yet.....
Can Only Pray and Hope for the call.....

mwangi njuguna
21st Sep 2011, 14:27
That psychomotor test was crazy, the hands test was something else(for future applicants, that test will leave you wondering whether your left hand really is on your left!),i was answering questions like a zombie, it was so confusing! , the others were'nt as bad in my opinion, but the joystick tests were another thing altogether!, in the end, it all comes down to who was better prepared, may the best man, or men, or persons , win. good luck guys. el capitan njuguna, out.

jameselevun
21st Sep 2011, 16:12
wow!!!that thing was no jokes!!!I had so many misses my gosh!!!and tha hands part was the devil!!!now we wait!!!

Cairo_n
22nd Sep 2011, 12:14
you are quite right jameselevun,but the question is for how much longer? I appreciate the challenge the tests have offered me and l hope i have surpassed them all! All the best to all of us for making it thus far and hopefully even further! Cheers fellow aviators and aviator enthusiasts!

mwangi njuguna
22nd Sep 2011, 14:16
Does anybody know when we should start expecting the calls, because i'm already starting to get anxious, about being anxious, later on. :confused::confused::confused: I can't wait to know the results for that test, i'm more curious ... than anything at the moment.
Fingers crossed guys!.

F.O dravida
22nd Sep 2011, 16:52
please guys, I need some confirmation....is there a group that did the psychomotor today on thursday?... if so how many were you....and for those who did it yesterday...was there another group after the 2:00 oclock group??

F.O dravida
23rd Sep 2011, 04:00
If the 2 group was the last one to enter i dont think there were 6 groups...becasuse it was 7:45...then 9:00 . then 12:00. then 2:00... that makes four groups....??

mwangi njuguna
23rd Sep 2011, 05:09
@kjnmangaa, i dont think, no , i know, you are not disqualified for having spectacles, i've seen many pilots with them. the catch is, with those spectacles, you have to have perfect 20/20 vision,just like someone without. so don't fret, the devil is in the psychomotor, the rest is a sail through.*i hope*

Cairo_n
24th Sep 2011, 08:39
i did not make it :( to all those who did,have fun n fly safe!

mwangi njuguna
24th Sep 2011, 11:01
@cairo, dude, how did you know?

jameselevun
24th Sep 2011, 12:14
@mwangi-check your application status,I hear some have been
deactivated?!

F.O dravida
24th Sep 2011, 12:59
Anyone whos application has been deactivated..please let us know...and dont give up in this race to become a pilot...just be patient and everything will fall into place when the time is right.

brayomwaki
25th Sep 2011, 07:36
i did the psychometric last week but one but i didnt receive the call for the psychomotor that you guys did last week but my application is still active...

mwangi njuguna
25th Sep 2011, 14:29
This is a post from 2009 by a guy called technocraft, and he made it through!, go figure!, lesson?, take a chill pill guys, and let the chips fall where they may.
Good luck fellows.:ok:

" Hi guys,
I hope you are still enjoying your long weekends. This is to inform you that my mental tension Index has just hit an all-time high and as if to make matters worse, it's still soaring higher and higher; and that will continue to be as long as those guys up there continue keeping us in suspense (if at all it's what they want to achieve). It is also with deep sorrow that I announce here that my entire central nervous system has just switched off and does not want to think about anything else other than what it is thinking of and this is the time that i wished most that I was the pastor's neighbor so that we could be praying together all night long!
Look guys, this is the situation of somebody who is not just ready to accept any other result, and i sincerely wish him the best.
See u guys.
Yours faithfully,
Formertaxcollector "

Gy7.
26th Sep 2011, 07:23
:confused: Until When?
Is patience part of what KQ is looking for? This waiting for an e-mail or call is real trying my patience. Lets keep hoping for the best. Anyone been contacted?

jameselevun
26th Sep 2011, 14:38
haha!!!the anxiety is too much!!!let's see what happens tomorow

jameselevun
26th Sep 2011, 14:43
haha!!the tension is amazing!!!!anyway we see tomorow

Mark5
27th Sep 2011, 06:20
I swear I can almost hear my heartbeats!!! I think my BP is rising by the hour

mwangi njuguna
27th Sep 2011, 06:49
...with bated breath...

Flyangry
27th Sep 2011, 08:14
I went for the psychomotor on 21st at 9am. Please should anyone get their call please please be good enough to post here so we should know. We would highly appreciate it xD
Have they called anyone so far? Cause if they have maybe we've(the uncontacted) been eliminated?

3rd officer
27th Sep 2011, 12:38
still no sign of anything from kenya airways. but i have faith i will pass. does anybody know what a good score is... especially for tracks and alignment?

mwangi njuguna
27th Sep 2011, 16:14
@3rd officer, i think it is totally relative, maybe depending on a 'target group'. the point however is, whatever your score, you have to have shown improvement, from test 1 to 3, in both, aka adaptability, fast learning and such, its not unheard of to hear people with 1,2,3 being taken,so as long as your graph was trending up, you have a shot, barring any irregularities.cheers!

3rd officer
27th Sep 2011, 16:41
so,,,we just wait and see. 1,1,2 is an improvement. 1,1,1 is consistency. they should consider consistency as well. :-D

mwangi njuguna
27th Sep 2011, 18:28
They certainly should, considering it was the first time some of us even saw a joystick...

Flyangry
28th Sep 2011, 04:08
@3rd officer i think i agree with mwangi njuguna. But I think also that their process is selective regarding to other parameters they don't tell the participants cause i doubt that almost all of those who did the psychomotor didn't show some improvement. So i think there's something else they consider and gauge us by.
Any word yet from anyone? And i think it would be advisable if we know someone who did the psychomotor and isn't on this forum, we should invite them on. So that when the results chuck we can all know (if they haven't already)

CAPT GOLF
28th Sep 2011, 04:13
For the trax 1,1,1, is fine but you need to have scored exemplary well in the others.....heard of a friend who went to sa but had scored 4,6,6 in the first one then scored then 11hits 0misses for the second one then 1,1,1, for the trax so take heart not all is lost

3rd officer
28th Sep 2011, 07:06
Does anyone know how i may be able to contact pride center via phone? this is too much waiting. We have other plans as well.

Flyangry
28th Sep 2011, 08:02
I don't unfortunately. Maybe if there's someone who saved the airtel number they were using to contact us?

Mark5
28th Sep 2011, 08:20
most contacts are at the beginning of this thread..I however have that airtel number,gimme a private mail.

Gy7.
28th Sep 2011, 08:28
So it is true what they say, God sometimes answers with "wait".

calling kq may not be a good idea, and the celtel number belongs to Career Connections.

3rd officer
28th Sep 2011, 11:28
this is getting annoying.

Flyangry
28th Sep 2011, 13:31
The waiting is nerve wrecking. But best of luck to all.

Flyangry
29th Sep 2011, 05:10
No word yet? :<

jameselevun
29th Sep 2011, 06:01
still we wait!!

Mark5
29th Sep 2011, 07:49
owkay seriously guys what going on? that mzungu Guy said they would communicate by Monday,its Thursday!!! Ama we all failed _which isn't possible since our accounts were left active when others were terminated..right now I'm unable to think of anything else,yet am in school!!

3rd officer
29th Sep 2011, 08:48
Hey, fellow wingmen.. I suspect something fishy is happening. Anyway, whatever happens ... happens. Some things may seem to be in the hands of men, but they are in God's hands. Whatever happens, keep the dream living and don't give up. as far as i know, we all deserve to hack through this and we sure will make damn good pilots. Best of luck to all.

3rd officer
29th Sep 2011, 08:56
It's statistically impossible for all of us to fail.
Trust me, statistics is my thing.

CAPT GOLF
29th Sep 2011, 09:32
This waiting process is not a walk in the park....but the best advise to all those who are waiting is to move on with life.
..u hav already done your best and there is nothing much you can do to reverse the process....if you put all you hopes on being called and then you are not it might really be devastating.....no matter how hard it is to forget about it try as much to.....let there call come as apleasant surprise...in so doing you will have very little to lose whether they call you or not....thinkin about every minute wont help....trust me!

Flyangry
29th Sep 2011, 11:23
I guess @CAPT GOLF is right. Life must go on either way. It's probably impossible to think about the results any less but hey what can we do but try?

Mark5
29th Sep 2011, 12:34
I'm iiiiiiinnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best news of my life!!!!

Gy7.
29th Sep 2011, 12:58
Mark5 ..... You in, what does your e-mail say?

Three mails, 1st meant for the guys ahead informing them of being successful on medicals, then a recall and finally one congratulating me for success on pilapt. all the best guys.

medicals will be communicated later, am now officially on diet.

Mark5
29th Sep 2011, 13:23
just informing me that i was successful in the process and further details will be communicated...I also got the three emails but the last one confirms we're in for the medicals

3rd officer
29th Sep 2011, 13:28
i just got 3 emails from kq. the first saying i just passed a medical, the second saying they've recalled the email, and the third telling me to ignore the previous sent at 1526hrs. Now the third one, has a last bit saying...below is your message... blalblabla. I think i'm in.
Fingers crossed.

3rd officer
29th Sep 2011, 13:55
hey everybody, keep checking your mail for a FOURTH e-mail... you never know. it may just be... sorry to bother you again. you were unsuccessful. sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

jameselevun
29th Sep 2011, 13:58
yay!got the mail too!!hope the next one comes in good time

Sky Guy
29th Sep 2011, 14:20
Jameselevun, what time did you get the email? And did you get 3 like the other guys?

Guys, keep posting on here as you progress for everyone to know. Thanks

Flyangry
29th Sep 2011, 15:08
Thank you God!
Got the three emails. Almost died when i read they were recalling it... Thought they had sent it to the wrong person xD
Congratulations on a good game of Trax my friends and if you don't mind could you message me ya'll numbers and names (real ones)...optional.

jameselevun
29th Sep 2011, 18:22
@skyguy yes,I got all three emails,I think the first was sent at around threeish..did you get yours

mwangi njuguna
30th Sep 2011, 11:37
just seen mine, thought they'd call?!, anyway, on to the medicals, thanks for posting guys, wouldn't have checked my mail as soon otherwise...

jameselevun
30th Sep 2011, 17:07
Its been one roller coaster of a month!!!its still hard to believe that we are just one step away....does anyone have a hunch when the medicals will be?

CAPT GOLF
1st Oct 2011, 07:05
All those who have been called for medicals are as good as going to sa...congratulations....all the best we are prayin for you....the sooner you guys go the earlier we get called for aptitude......hopin its gonna be soon

kiokokivesi
1st Oct 2011, 15:39
Please could someone provide me with the link to the i-recruit portal on the kenya airways website. i cant seem to find it and i really want to apply:confused:

mwangi njuguna
3rd Oct 2011, 06:30
@kioko, what you do is you google 'kenya airways careers'(sans the quotes), then click the first link on the page(or just click you're feeling lucky), that should take you to the kq career page, click proceed to recruitment portal, register, fill in your details, credentials, all that jazz, then in jobs, search for pilot, because it might not be listed.thats all.then cross your fingers and hope for the best!

Flyangry
3rd Oct 2011, 09:54
Man i have a cold, but it's going. That'll affect the medical?

3rd officer
3rd Oct 2011, 17:06
has anybody been contacted again or do we have to we wait again? I have to say that i'm a bit disappointed by the HR department. They should be a little more organized.

mwangi njuguna
5th Oct 2011, 11:42
@kjnmangaa, i second that. lets keep each other in the loop.

3rd officer
5th Oct 2011, 16:37
hi. Better get your passport if you dont have one. Especially if your birth certificate has issues like mine. Its a long hectic process. I hate that government offices are very inefficient.

jameselevun
5th Oct 2011, 18:30
I also think it would be a good idea to get all documents in order especially the passports and certificates of good conduct!!!does anyone have a clue when the medicals might be?

jameselevun
6th Oct 2011, 07:34
hey there,please check your mail,just received information about the medicals,Monday 8.30 it is!!

mwangi njuguna
6th Oct 2011, 09:02
hey guys, check your mail, just got the email for the medical, on the 11th.cheers.

Gy7.
6th Oct 2011, 12:29
:DAm for Monday.

Hope we we will not wait for oral interview in the similar manner. I would rather wait for the call after oral in similar magnitude of tension (it will be like the Ocampo six wait for feedback of Hague). A YES OR NO ANSWER.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/shiner.gif

jameselevun
6th Oct 2011, 14:26
For those who have gone before us, what should we expect in the medicals?How many stages are there?

Ndambz
7th Oct 2011, 08:47
First I just want to say that its God's favour for us to be here.
Secondly.... yes if you have been called for the Medical you are as good as pased..., rarely do people get rejected from this point on.
The orals are not mandatory they arent really tests..... previously people have just appeared for the orals and been told they have passed.
God's Speed.
Tuesday 8.30 a.m it is.;)

F.O dravida
7th Oct 2011, 10:18
I second you Ndambz. God has truly favoured us.Hope we all go thru the Medicals swiftly.lets meet on Tuesday,and those of you going on monday, let us know how it goes.

SalesConsult
7th Oct 2011, 12:03
Does any one know salary at entry level at KQ driving E190/E195?

jameselevun
7th Oct 2011, 14:16
Thats true!!!we just now have to keep believing!Monday seems so close!!

Flyangry
8th Oct 2011, 03:10
Yo? tuesday 8.30 on an empty stomach :D
who else on 11th?
:}

Donata
9th Oct 2011, 16:30
@kjnmangaa @flyangry how ya all? I applied for this gig in May this year and never been contacted on the same...any pointers...I see you already in the process..when did you guys apply? Will appreciate your feedback on this.

F.O dravida
10th Oct 2011, 03:35
Hey Donata!... Regarding your post,..Im in the process too and I had applied in March..So you will probably be called for the interviews once we go to SA! ...just keep checking your mail after we are done with the interviews ...All the best!

Donata
10th Oct 2011, 06:20
Hey F.O Dravida, thanks for the response. Kinda thought it was all at once..so it's like a sequential process..good to know..will keep checkin my mail. And um, all the best with remaining part of the process. :)

Donata
10th Oct 2011, 08:13
kjnmangaa, thanks for the info! All the best with the medicals!

F.O dravida
10th Oct 2011, 09:08
hey!... those guys having the medical today...kjnmangaa...how many guys are you?.. .

Sky Guy
10th Oct 2011, 13:06
So the guys who went in today, are you done with all the tests? Or do some of you have to go back for more?

Mark5
10th Oct 2011, 14:17
we still have got an appointment on Thursday and another to matter hospital for the lung test though the date hasn't been confirmed

mwangi njuguna
11th Oct 2011, 15:54
@javier, you mean that they would let color blind guys go to s.a for further tests but not those with b.m.i issues? whats the criteria for critical and non-critical issues, whats the word on b.p too, coz you seem to be in the know...