PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

KaNdege cairo
24th Dec 2009, 09:01
Hi People

I am also new to this process and hope all the best to those who are applying this time round.

In the spirit of full disclosure and for the original purpose of this thread( to document the ab inito recruitment regime for KQ) I am stating all my communication and all things that I have done.

In this early stage this is what I have done:

1. Registration on the i-recruit portal on the KQ careers page
2. Before submitting any applications, I filled in all the personal info and the qualifications.
I put in my ID No. in the special pass tab.
I put in my K.C.S.E. results into the additional qualifications. I put in all the required subjects, and their respective grades into the adjacent tab.
3. Lastly I finally applied for the ab initio program, after getting the job from the available jobs.

So far this is the response that I have gotten:
- I received an automated reply from the i-recruit portal about 24 hours or so after submission

I hope this will prove helpful to those who are new to the process. I would also highly appreciate any abnormalities that those who have completed the process find in my method.

Kila La Heri

Henry

wanabeeCapt
24th Dec 2009, 10:07
Greetings all! 43 Air School is a great place to train. We've so far got our PPL's and night ratings. CPL ground school begins in January and thereafter the instrument rating and our CPL tests.
Kenya Airways have again opened applications for yet another ab initio intake. All who have queries should just look back at the beginning of this thread. All the best!

Unregisteredemali
28th Dec 2009, 09:53
Hi,my name is Michelle Emali,am 18years of age.i saw ur advertisement on tha daily nation last week. have tha qualifications required although i have a problem with my registration,ple send me guide lines on how to register fully,because av always aspired to be a pilot.thanx.

flying_hamster
28th Dec 2009, 14:44
@unregisteredmali:

What is the precise problem you are facing with the registration?

YoungKenyan
4th Jan 2010, 09:41
Thanks guys for the advice. I will give it a try.

Best.

Michelle, am 18 too and the process was not very difficult. I think your problem maybe the ID bit, just put the number in the Special Pass category.

Nightfire
4th Jan 2010, 12:56
Hi,my name is Michelle Emali,am 18years of age.i saw ur advertisement on tha daily nation last week. have tha qualifications required although i have a problem with my registration,ple send me guide lines on how to register fully,because av always aspired to be a pilot.thanx.

I hope you can do better than that sms-style babbling when composing your actual application.

u c tis qite nnoyng 2 read & tryn2 unrstandn u, when ur 2lazy 2writ proply. :mad:

flying_hamster
5th Jan 2010, 12:02
@Nightfire: I suppose you could've used a more polite way to have conveyed your point, seeing that the girl who put up her post is only 18, and is possibly new to the forum. Lets try keep our choice of words more diplomatic, and polite. :ok:

That being said, I do agree that your point is valid, as was said earlier in the thread, that this is a professional forum, one where a future employer might be reading your posts, and text-speak may not be the most appropriate way to convey your point. :)

YoungKenyan
8th Jan 2010, 08:52
Hahahahahahaha! :}:}

Michelle, may be you should contact me on Facebook I will sort you out ;)

oly
11th Jan 2010, 16:59
hey mate, when is the deadline? thank you.

skysahara
12th Jan 2010, 05:51
:eek:RUMOUR HAS IT SOME GUYS BRIBE A MILLION BOB ABOUT USD15000.CAN SOMEONE SPILL THE BEANS.LETS KNOW THE S**T THAT IS IN KQ.

flying_hamster
13th Jan 2010, 03:12
@Oly: The deadline for applications is gazetted as 15th Dec. Which is this friday. You best be quick with the application. All the best :ok:

cooladnan_1
13th Jan 2010, 07:14
hello everyone,
my name is adnan and having read this post has given me loads of information about the kenya airways ab-initio pilot recruitment.
it has always been my dream to fly with kenya airways and now that i am 18, i have applied for the recruitment. the deadline is 15th of january and i was hoping to get help from you guys on when you guys can estimate the calling of the first interview?
and coming to the application, i do not have an id card as yet but i am a kenyan citizen. i have applied for the id card and im currently on the waiting list for the id card.. will my passport numer work as an id card number for the application because so far i have'nt yet put any numbers on the special pass section of the application...

i would really appreciate if someone can assist me through that. and as for the people who are already down south, my prayers and wishes are with you guys and im hoping to join everyone on the cockpit some day...

Gy7.
13th Jan 2010, 07:24
:D Hi guys, did you all get the confirmation e-mails?

:( skysahara, as I know it, it is a transparent, five-stages interview process. If there is corruption, no one can tell but at least several guys have made without paying a cent.

Air Marshall
13th Jan 2010, 08:50
Yo GY7!!
I submitted my application on the 1st of Jan though I haven't received any feedback yet??,:confused:...... though in the applicants details there's an icon showing that my application is still active:confused::confused:.
So I believe it's something with their System given the E-mail is system generated. What's yo take?

15 degrees left
13th Jan 2010, 10:03
@Air marshall
As long as its active its all good.

Nightfire
13th Jan 2010, 10:47
Now they're waiting for the kitu kidogo. :rolleyes:

cooladnan_1
14th Jan 2010, 05:08
@ gy7... i have also applied and i received an automated email from them. but i guess if your application shows active then you dont have to worry about anything.

so far i have not come across situations that they take the so called "kitu kidogo" or "chai"...

Gy7.
15th Jan 2010, 13:32
:E Ma application is still active.

Now we patiently wait for the shortlisting after which they shall call the successful candidates for interview.

mash123
15th Jan 2010, 18:13
i applied for the KQ ab initio program but would do with some few clarifications,
1)the special tab your are talking about is it the tab labelled work permit/special tab no under personal info.
2)under the minimum qualifications the site talks of not more than 24 years.this is different from under 24 years only.i was born on 22/08/1985 which translates to roughly 24 years and 4 months.do i qualify?

on a related noted i hear that fly 540(kenya) and precision air (tanzania) recently advertised a similar programme in the dailies.i havent been able to trace it.anyone who got a wind of it,please get back me to me on this site. I would be greatly indebted.

Thanks guys for the info in this forum,i bet its invaluable.

cheers

chez
15th Jan 2010, 22:36
Hey people, just applied for the ab-initio kq training program as advertised on a local daily and received an automated mail stating that my application was sucessful.

Would anyone have an idea how long it takes to have the names shortlisted?

Wish all the applicants success as you pursue dreams to fly so high. Thanks.

comet87
17th Jan 2010, 11:38
Hey all kq AB Initio pilot applicants. How long do you think it will take for the names to be shortlisted? :confused:

Evh pho
18th Jan 2010, 05:52
Hey people. I also applied for the same. Am worried i did not include my id yet they gave me automated mail confirming my application. Do you think that will cost me? And by the way, will they call or mail when calling people to an interview? Thanks!

wanabeeCapt
21st Jan 2010, 21:02
@skysahara and the other kitu kidogo doubters,

Indeed a few years back allegations were rife of bribe-taking and canvasing. It actually got cleaned out, those involved got sacked including some senior management and the whole process restructured.

So right now you can choose to worry yourself about the bribe issue or get yourself focused on the impending interviews.

@the newbies,

It would really save everyone a lot of trouble if you'd just read through the whole thread before asking a question that had already been answered. Unless it is a unique issue, we really detailed every step of the interview process. Cheers and all the best!

butts
2nd Feb 2010, 09:56
guys i applied for ab initio trainee.does any one know when the interviews might commence.my application is still active.and is the process corrupt or its fair.am just crossing my fingers.

usain bolt
2nd Feb 2010, 11:40
i also applied for the lucrative post with kenya airways. pleaselets inform each other icase anything arises because i ahve also been waiting for their reply upto now

usain bolt
2nd Feb 2010, 11:42
pia sisi tunangoja tu

futurekenyanpilot
3rd Feb 2010, 20:48
I was jus wondering any fo at kq what is the salary for a new first officer, ? i know guys who have a bachelor of science in aviation earn more than guys who only have the driving license. in todays aviation industry a degree is not an opption,what is the starting salary 4 an fo with bsc in aviation?

butts
4th Feb 2010, 07:11
hey bolt, vipi. i also had a problem with where to put my id no,but i later on decided to put it at special pass option long after i had submitted my application and infact after the date line.someone told me its just ok.pliz share any information u have.lets hope 4 the best.by the way interviews zaweza anza lini.cheers to all those who have applied.:D

Gy7.
4th Feb 2010, 09:14
:ugh: Patience wannabees,

It is taking time but lets hope that when they start it will be a quick processs.

yeya3556
11th Feb 2010, 12:53
So I got my invitation for the interview today, any one else?

comet87
11th Feb 2010, 17:50
I have also received an interview invitation for 16th Feb, 2010. Anyone else got the mail?

flying_hamster
12th Feb 2010, 08:11
@Comet87 and yeya3556,

Kudos on getting into stage 1! im still waiting for confirmation of mine. Though, i'm not too sure if they're carrying the interviews out in multiple batches as they have done in the past.

I suppose i'll have to wait and see. Anybody else out there who got a different date than the 16th?

chez
12th Feb 2010, 17:03
I also applied for the ab initio kq program but I am yet to receive any interview invite.when did you receive your invite and what are the details of the invite?

Nightfire
13th Feb 2010, 17:14
chez, maybe learning proper English might be an advantage, just in case you actually get an "interview invite".

perby23
14th Feb 2010, 09:38
Hey guys I got my invite for the interbiew too but mine is dated for the 15th, not the 16th, details are just the usual, carry original documents n all that, however, they need the K.C.S.E Certificate and not the results slip, plus you must go with your original I.D CARD

aspiringpilot
15th Feb 2010, 14:20
@butts - As wannabecapt said earlier, please read the rest of the thread, every step of the interview process has been pretty well documented.
@futurekenyanpilot - I think salaries are based on seniority and experience of pilots and other academic qualifications are not considered.

Good luck to all who will be sitting their first interview tomorrow. Godspeed!

chez
15th Feb 2010, 15:31
@perby and the rest who attended the interview,how was it?All the best to those attending the interview tomorrow.cheers.

YoungKenyan
17th Feb 2010, 06:58
Hey, For those who have gone for the interview and those in the know, two questions.

1st, I did not do Geography as a subject in high school, am I in a disadvantage if I wanted to train as a pilot?

2nd, I read that KQ only wants KCSE certificates, how about those of us who cleared high school recently and have not yet received them?

comet87
18th Feb 2010, 05:12
@YoungKenyan.I don't think having not done Geography is a disadvantage because they are more interested in your Math , Physics and English results
As for the exam results , they are actually checking for the original KCSE results certificate therefore you have to wait until the results are out. I am certain that there will be another intake the second half of this year so keep your head up.

YoungKenyan
18th Feb 2010, 06:04
Thank you Comet87. I already have my KCSE results and I only have the original results slip. But I think by the time of Interview, I would have requested for the certificate.

Thank you.

Fuselage10
18th Feb 2010, 06:51
Hey Guyz...
I was to sit for the psychometric test today but as it happened, I was late...so I wasnt able to. Luckily for me that mzungu told me dat I will be called for the next psychometric test in a few months time and I wont go through the first aptitude test. Good luck to all those who did the test today and hopefully, for those who will succeed, we may meet in the future. :{

Wannabe pilot 10
18th Feb 2010, 12:49
I had applied for the Kenya Airways AB Initio pilot recruitment. I received a confirmation e mail thereafter. Recently i received an e mail asking me to confirm my results by forwarding an e mail to them with a copy of my K..C.S.E certificate as an attachment. Did any of you receive anything as such ? Also are there guys who attended an interview on Feb 16th and how was it. Will those of us left still be invited?
kindly assist.

flying_hamster
19th Feb 2010, 05:33
@Wannabe_pilot_10: Yes, I too received an email similar to yours, saying that I had not indicated my grades, but I can see them up on my application page. I am guessing there might be a slight ptoblem with them reading the results from the online application page. Have you received any response since? I asked to confirm receipt of the email, but am still waiting for a response.

@Fuselage10: Sorry to hear about your case! You must be gutted to know that you have to wait a few more months to take a step closer to progressing in the line of trainee pilots! Lakini, all the very best to you for the next psychometric test :ok:

Has anybody received any emails for the initial interview for the next batch?

YoungKenyan
19th Feb 2010, 12:48
To Wannabe Pilot and Flying Hamster,

I got the same same story, I was getting worried and people like you having undergone the same have restored my confidence a bit. I returned the email in less than 5 minutes but has since got no reply.

Best Wishes..

futurekenyanpilot
21st Feb 2010, 10:13
hey aspiring pilot, i talked to captain mwangi and he said a bachelors in aviation degree is priceless. though it will not raise your salary as a first officer, you will definately be offered a management position like fleet manager which will increase ur salary big tym. you must have a degree if u ever dream of becoming fleet manager, safety manager, bla bla and ultimately director of operations.in todays modern world as degree is nolonger an option but a necessity. Like in the United states where i school, you can not fly anything bigger than an embraer or canadair regional jet without a bachelors degree. good luck in ur training in south africa.

atpcliff
22nd Feb 2010, 08:46
Hi!

In the US there are LOTS of guys without degrees that fly all types of planes, HOWEVER, there are many airlines, like Delta that DO require a 4 year degree as part of their hiring standards.

For some guys, it works better to get a flying job, and start building hours, and then get their 4 year degree on the side. A lot of pilots in the US also get their Master's degree on the side, after they are flying. United Air Lines, for one, gives you extra points for hiring if you have a Master's degree.

Good luck to all of the KQ cadet hopefuls! I hope you all make it!!!

cliff
NBO

flying_hamster
22nd Feb 2010, 09:03
@YoungKenyan and Wannabe_pilot_10:

Any further confirmation regarding sending the documents to HR? Has anybody received any email regarding interviews?

On another note, anybody know who is in charge of recruitment for this year's process besides Mrs. Too? I ask this, because I've been wanting to get in touch with somebody from HR regarding the Ab-Initio, since I was called for an interview in June of 2009, but couldnt make it to Nairobi within the 2 day notification. Mrs. Too had then told me that I should apply for the next intake, which happens to be the current one, and to date, I cant get through to her phone, and am not receiving any response from her via email either. I was even told by somebody else in HR that I have a "genuine case" and should possibly print off previous email correspondence to Mrs. Too, and that would ensure that she'd get back to me.

Following on from AtpCliff, I hear that KQ looks just at KCSE/O'level grades for the Ab-Initio. I find that odd, since some of the other airlines with a bigger reputation require a minimum of a bachelors degree to even apply for cadetship, and I'm referring to airlines such as SIA, CX and Etihad.

Sorry if people find my post a little bit of a rant, but it is a little frustrating having put a lot of things on hold just to be called for an interview, and HR dont even bother much.

On that note, all the very best to those who are currently undergoing the interview process :ok:

And for those who are in my position, happy waiting, what more can I say :)

futurekenyanpilot
22nd Feb 2010, 12:27
in the united states you cannot fly the major and legacy airlines without a bachelors degree. you can only fly regional airlines and the biggest aircraft in the regional airlines is an embraer 190 or crj 900, so without a degree you can never fly a boeing, md, tupelov or airbus which are the aircraft flown by the major and legacy airlines. and flying the regional airlines you dont earn anything even half of what major or legacy pilots earn so a degree is a definate must in todays world. i train at utah valley university and thats just how the us aviation system is.

Wannabe pilot 10
22nd Feb 2010, 12:43
@flying hamster I haven't got an invitation yet. Guess we just have to be patient. Beat of luck to those still undergoing the interview proccess.

butts
23rd Feb 2010, 09:43
hi guys when do you think kq will have its next recruitment as in do they recruit twice in a year coz i was late for my aptitude test so i missed it.I have been trying to get in touch with the hr requesting for another chance but i receive no responce. I have a feeling that i was left out but il live to fight another day.and do you think if i apply again they will consider me or has anybody out there managed to go thrg on a second trial.

flying_hamster
23rd Feb 2010, 10:07
@Butts: When was your assessment? From my experience, you're going to have to try real hard to get in touch with the personnel at HR handling the ab-initio. I was called in June '09 for the interviews, but was in Malaysia at the time of my application, so couldn't get back in the 2-day notice they gave to me. I had to re-apply for the current scheme, and to date, I haven't been able to reach anybody working on the ab-initio. I find it ridiculous when I ring HR up, and they tell me that Mrs. Edla too is the ONLY person handling this, so nobody else can assist me in any way. Again, it may sound like a rant, but its frustrating, because she's the same lady who told me that I should re-apply for whenever the next intake is, and chances are, i'd make the interview. Butts, i suppose you'll have to wait and see how things go from here on. Keep trying to call HR, its the only thing I can think of.

On a different note, has anybody got a call for interviews since the one on the 16th? I am wondering, because they may have the "tail-enders" as they did in the June '09 round?

yeya3556
23rd Feb 2010, 10:51
Hi

My buddy and I have been called for the PILAPT test on the 26th, its at 11:45 and 10:45 respectively. Hoping it goes well.

Any tips on this one? What are "tail enders"?

flying_hamster
23rd Feb 2010, 11:15
@yeya3556: From the thread, i take it that "tail enders" were the last batch to be interviewed. As for your aptitude for Friday, look for the IPAS test system online. You can locate a link which was posted much earlier..all the best to you and your mate with your aptitude test!

:ok:

flying_hamster
1st Mar 2010, 11:41
Anybody with any news regarding the next round of interviews?

YoungKenyan
1st Mar 2010, 12:56
@ Flying Hamster, Sorry, I dont. Its getting nervy. And I have all but lost hope. If it is not this week, it wont happen. Godspeed.

flying_hamster
1st Mar 2010, 13:14
@YoungKenyan, nervy indeed!
what makes you say if its not this week, then it will not happen? you managed to get in touch with anybody handling the ab-initio scheme?

Evh pho
1st Mar 2010, 17:59
I got the same mail too though these people will never acknowledge that they have received your cert. Talk of Kenya! Anyway hope we are among the so called 'tail enders' like i heard someone say. All we gotta do is to hope for the best as we prepare for the worst-just in case. Wish you well!

Fuselage10
2nd Mar 2010, 11:40
I understand there are two intakes every year...anyone, when is the next intake?

futurekenyanpilot
2nd Mar 2010, 14:56
hey you all aspriring ab initio pilots, i wish u all gud luck in ur interviews though keep your options open. the aviation industry is so dynamic so a good pilot is always open minded, i also wanted to go to SA via kq sponsorship, i did the interviews n all but my parents were against that kq deal. i felt like my world was crushing up. i almost kosanad with them but three yrs later i dont really regret anything at all, i am in my third year aviation degree in the states and graduating with a bachelors in aviation will open up more paths that i wouldnt have with only the Kenya airways CPL. i mean its good to be able to tell someone, i have a degree and management positions are given first to guys with degrees. so if u dont make it 4 the ab initio, try the airforce and even good schools in sates sa n europe. if anyone needs info about states training holla at me

comet87
2nd Mar 2010, 15:38
@ futureKenyanPilot.I am one of the guys who did not quite make it for the KQ AB Initio interviews and I nearly lost all hope. :bored: I have a mad passion for planes and the whole aviation industry. Could you please advice on schools abroad that offer these program? Mainly Aviation Training

Technocraft
2nd Mar 2010, 17:19
Hello guys, big ups to all those who have been active and keeping this thread alive. As a matter of fact am meant to believe that a group of interviewees have already been called up for the medicals; happening/happened today and/or tomorrow. Thumbs up to all those who have made it so far to this stage, it's high time you started looking forward to joining 43 airschool in south africa, those who are still waiting for the second phase of interviews; patience! and those who were unlucky, too bad but take heart the field is wide and there will always be other opportunities opening up!
@Fuselage10 am not sure wether there are always two intakes every year but it's usually done according to demand, and since right now there is a stingy shortage of pilots at KQ you can almost guarantee there will be another or two more this year.
@futurekenyanpilot, never give up as long as it's your dream live up to it, and if your are still elligible for the process go ahead and apply, but remember, piloting is more of flying (i mean practical) than academic and experience is the main thing so you have to respect the value of a CPL just the same way as you consider that aviation degree of yours, otherwise you risk loosing it vin the industry!

Evh pho
2nd Mar 2010, 18:03
Hi futre kenya pilot. Thank for you info. Could you please tell us more about those foreign opportunities especially the cost implication?

YoungKenyan
3rd Mar 2010, 06:10
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees! I finally got it! Monday 8th it is! Yep! See ya there!

flying_hamster
3rd Mar 2010, 06:24
The wait is indeed over! I too got mine for Monday the 8th at 0730. Anybody else?

KaNdege cairo
3rd Mar 2010, 12:19
Me Too!

I had lost hope. But the email surprised me. Good things happen to those who wait.

I wonder what happens in the very first interview?

Wannabe pilot 10
3rd Mar 2010, 16:41
I also got my invitation today. 8th march 0740. Any help as what to expect is appreciated.
cheers guys.

Wannabe pilot 10
4th Mar 2010, 12:01
@futurekenyan pilot. ihave tried to look for sample aptitude tests online. could you please help locate a good site on the internet where i can access this

capkenya
4th Mar 2010, 15:58
I did't get my confirmation email... Anyone who did not get his or her confirmation email then still got the invitaion? I cannot even access my account! But anyway.. who didn't get the confirmation but got the invite for interview?
CONGRATS TO those who got:D...I hope we'll meet up someday soon.

flying_hamster
5th Mar 2010, 04:09
@capkenya: If you cannot access your account, contact the technical support. I noticed that they put up an option to call the IT support team earlier this week, presumably owing to technical difficulties with the website.

@wannabe_pilot_10: there's a link posted in the early posts of this thread, called IPAS. I presume it will give a nice overall picture of what sort of tests might be carried out. My suggestion for now, would be not to pay for online tests. Try get your hands on the Qantas aptitude test booklet too, you can find it on the net.

All the very best to everybody, those still waiting and, those who i'll meet monday morning too :ok:

Godspeed

architect
5th Mar 2010, 07:53
@ dronehawk.. good to know one isn't alone..i guess until one gets a formal letter of rejection then u just have to wait... i.e if the account shows the application is still active..

Wannabe pilot 10
5th Mar 2010, 08:07
@future kenyan pilot and flying hamster. Thank you guys. As for those still waiting good luck

capkenya
5th Mar 2010, 09:54
@flying.. Thanks. Worked out... :)
I got a question.. Does your account still read active for the application when you recieve the invitation letter?

flying_hamster
5th Mar 2010, 11:15
@capkenya: You're welcome, and i'm glad it worked out :)
Yes my application status is flagged "active" even after having received the email..

wannabepilot18
8th Mar 2010, 04:58
am at the headquarters waiting for the exam, al be documenting the happenings for use by others

captain.weird
8th Mar 2010, 18:40
Is the cadetscheme open then? I'm sure you the cadets have to be Kenyan?

YoungKenyan
12th Mar 2010, 05:49
Hello guys...those of us who were there on Monday, when is the next step? Who knows? Did anyone receive an email or call inviting him/her to the next stage?

KaNdege cairo
12th Mar 2010, 09:31
@ Young Kenyan,

I don't know what might have happened, but I was in the test on Monday and I was called on very short notice with a group of a total of 30 for a Morrisby Profile on Wednesday at 1p.m at the Pride Center. Perhaps you might be in another group.

There were some guys I could recognize from Monday, and others were from the test on Tuesday.

We were told to keep on checking our emails and keep our phones on at all times. But I have not yet received any news either on the results of that test, yet we were told that whatever would happen, we would be informed by Friday evening.

The next step is a Pilot Assessment on Monday

Wish you all the best and Good Luck.

If there is anything that this process has taught me, is to be patient.

Asante

Jetdriver
12th Mar 2010, 14:42
Last reminder.

If you want to write in "text" abbreviation, then please text each other. On here it will simply be deleted. Strangely, this one thread seems to be a magnet for it?

Fuselage10
16th Mar 2010, 08:23
Fingerz crossed...I hate this anxiety

flying_hamster
16th Mar 2010, 08:27
@ Fuselage10

Are you waiting for confirmation for stage 3?

flying_hamster
16th Mar 2010, 10:37
Well guys, I got my reject notice just a few moments back.

I wish everybody who is still waiting or has gone up all the very best with the remaining interviews!

We'll meet in the flight deck someday, or communicate over the radio :ok:

God Bless!

Cardinal Puff
16th Mar 2010, 11:38
Sorry to hear that. Keep banging away. Things have got to turn around some time.

lebalino
16th Mar 2010, 15:06
:confused: what transpired after 10th psychometric test at pride centre?

pilonje
18th Mar 2010, 14:07
hi, i have also applied for the kenya ab initio programme but i have not yet got the email for invitation to the interview. i am hopefully waiting hoping there is still a chance for me. i would really apprecieate if you document for those of has who have not attended the interview what exactly happens. all the best in your interview

The next pilot
18th Mar 2010, 18:15
I can see people have gone silent after the psychomotor test this year, let me fill in the blanks for ya'll.

Now here goes, as u all know we did the physchometric (morrisby) on 10th March. I was in for the morning session, I remember we were about 26. I dont know how many people were there for the afternoon session. Someone fill us in.

The results were out the next day (11th March) in the evening and we were called back for the psychomotor (pil-apt) test scheduled for 15th March. There were 34 of us remaining. The next day (16th March) we were invited for the medical scheduled for 17th March (yesterday). ONLY 11 of us made it IMAGINE!!! Wah. I was so shocked.

Now we are waiting for them to hola. Its such an agonizing waiting game Who know how many people were picked in the Feb 2010 group???

And while at it, someone please pray for us.

pilonje
23rd Mar 2010, 05:54
hey all. thanks a lot to all who've contributed to this thread. is there anyone who hasnt yet been called for the interview. does anyone have info whether the proccess is still on or the march group was the last.

YoungKenyan
23rd Mar 2010, 14:39
After my aptitude test, I have not heard anything, not even the rejection letter...sad....

GEORGE NJENGA
24th Mar 2010, 09:02
how do i apply for this program.i had a mean grade A.

Air Marshall
24th Mar 2010, 09:31
Ohey!!
I also applied for the December 2009 intake but since then I haven't received any feed back... Not even the system generated Email acknowledging the receipt of the application.... But my application still reads "Active application".:confused::confused:.... May be all I can do is wait....:ugh: or call to follow up?

pilonje
24th Mar 2010, 13:41
Air marshall, my application is also still active therefore still still got some little hope that al still be surmoned for the interview. i heard that this time they were recruiting more guys coz of shortage. Do know, have a feelling its gonna be in april.

The next pilot
25th Mar 2010, 09:36
Guys, after the medical last week, we were called on Friday and asked to start preppin our travel docs (passport, cert of good conduct and yellow fever jabb). We went for our oral interview on Tuesday this week and only 9 people in out lot were taken. I hear 1st lot they took 10 guys (2 of whom are chics) - am yet to confirm though. Guys KQ doesnt send regrets, they just contact the guys who've passed. So, yep... for those whove not even gone for the 1st interview, hold on tight. Else have a great time guys. All the best

OLOO
15th May 2010, 08:45
Guys I got a regret email on wednesday that my application was not successful. Feels bad after my application being active since december last year!Anyone who has got some email or something?And what happened to the guys who were to go to SA, are they already gone?

mutpeter
15th May 2010, 12:10
I also received my regret email from KQ's HR department though mine came a bit earlier, in mid April.They just told me that my application was unsuccesful without specifying why, so that if it had mistakes i would rectify in the same in the next intake, if any. I was sad. My application was terminated on the same day I got the regret mail. For the guys who were successful,KUDOS!!!, please don't go quiet, inform us on any developments in KQ and tips on how to get through the intakes succefully

The next pilot
17th May 2010, 17:29
KQ4 group of 9 guys landed in Port Elizabeth (Progress) on 10th June (last monday) and started class on Tue 11th! We had our first flight over the weekend. Ground school is a bit tough on us but we cant complain much... For yall who didnt make it, next year is also another chance, and FYI, coming to SA is not a sure shot. Failure rate is 60%, so dont look at it as that easy, it has its own stresses too.

worldflyer777
31st May 2010, 10:02
Bump, any new info from cadets or anyone going through the direct entry process.

EchoKilo
31st May 2010, 14:11
I cant speak for the cadet programme but Direct entries are going through the interview process. Seems like they need pilots like yesterday. I know a number of guys who did the aptitude, psychomotor, psychometric and medicals in two weeks. They're just waiting for the medical results then its the flight test and panel interview. If you have a CPL, 250hrs flight time, good high school grades and medically fit, you're in!:ok: All the best for those in SA.

rahulpereira
1st Jun 2010, 10:29
Hey guys, I know i cannot apply for the cadet program being an Indian , but can I apply for a Direct Entry position if I am able to convert my FAA CPL to a Kenyan one ?
Appreciate the help,
Regards.

dronehawk
2nd Jun 2010, 09:25
Hey everyone.For those who got a regret email even before attending stage one interview, like myself, I wish we could discuss what went wrong with our applications or where each think messed up for the best of next intake application.For me, I had submitted my form WITHOUT typing my ID under special pass tab.However, I updated my account and put my ID under the special pass tab before jan 15.Do you think it would have made any difference or :rolleyes:
Iam also eager to know if there will be June intake like last year.

:= ALL THE BEST and those in SA:D

flying_hamster
3rd Jun 2010, 01:54
@Rahul: You could check, but you'd need the necessary hours too. Best to check with the airline directly (kenya-airways.com/careers)

However, I do not personally know of any foreign pilots in Kenya Airways.

rahulpereira
3rd Jun 2010, 06:51
hey, thanks for your reply, well at the end of my ME CPL, I will have more than 250 hrs definately.
Will go with your advice and check with the airline directly,
Thanks once again.
Regards

cooladnan_1
6th Jun 2010, 19:33
@ flying hamster and rahul, there is an indian pilot working with kenya airways but i am not quite sure about his nationality and as per what i knew from one of the KQ pilots is that there were expatriates working for kenya airways or maybe still do.

Capitaine
9th Jun 2010, 07:58
Just wanted to ask if KQ is going to have a June intake, anyone with any news on that?:confused:

flying_hamster
9th Jun 2010, 09:31
Yep, agreed. There are Indian Pilots working with KQ, but from what I know, they are all Kenyan Indians.

There was an issue recently with regards to hiring of expats, as KQ had advertised in the middle east. I could be wrong though, as i have not followed up on it since.

Its best still to check with the airline directly, I suppose.

@Capitaine: No news yet on the June intake. It should be advertised in the dailies, or you can keep checking on the KQ website (Kenya Airways: The Pride of Africa (http://www.kenya-airways.com/careers))

All the best :ok:

rahulpereira
9th Jun 2010, 11:00
Thanks for your replies, will try and find out and will also try and apply once I get my CPL,
Thanks once again

francis kamundia
10th Jun 2010, 05:57
It is an inspiration to get to know all about abinitio program done for the kenya airways pilots and also i would like to congratulate you for making it to that stage though not many people have made it through.what i would like to know is how lon gdoes it take and what are the possibilities of one making it through once you pass the first two stages of the test.
Another thing would be if one just missed a point in one of the subjects required say physics yet you can really pass the other test what is there for you.It may be a mistake that happened will doing your final exams.Things happen you know.

Capitaine
12th Jun 2010, 13:09
@Flying Hamster
Thanx, I'll keep my eyes open

Gy7.
30th Jun 2010, 08:19
:rolleyes:
The guys still interested the advert is on career site, do apply.

Though if you went through the program in 2008 or 2009 you not legible.

All the best guys nail it. :D

dzaque
1st Jul 2010, 13:26
i visited the recruitment portal but havent been able to get any news. when is their deadline this time if they are recruiting ab initio cadets(kq)

mzaxxs
1st Jul 2010, 15:58
I also went to the website n nothin is this guy 4 real, reply needed:mad:

flying_hamster
2nd Jul 2010, 03:22
Hey guys!

I went to the following link:

Kenya Airways: The Pride of Africa (http://www.kenya-airways.com/careers)

Then followed the link into the careers portal, and on the search box, typed out pilot. There is indeed a cadet pilot programme ongoing, which was posted on the 12th of May 2010.

I read through it, and makes me want to ask this (stupid as it may be!):

They stated that applicants who went through the programme unsuccessfully in 2008 and 2009 are not eligible. What about those who went through it in March 2010 and were unsuccessful?

We still able to re-apply?

*ponders*

But anyway, All the Best to those applying :ok:

dronehawk
2nd Jul 2010, 07:37
To guys having problems with locating the site with ab initio pilot,go to 'next 10' of open job position at the bottom of the first 10 page.Also, guys the deadline is 15th July.so hurry.If still having problems post it here we will sort u out.else have goodday all.

usain bolt
2nd Jul 2010, 10:31
how are you guyz? am good. am Fredrick and happened to see the advert for ab inito pilot program me today. in the advert it has been mentioned that those who underwent the interview in 2009 and 2008 should not apply. my querry is this, if you went for the interview this year, are you elligible t o apply again?

butts
3rd Jul 2010, 07:00
hey guys thanks alot. ive applied this thread is of much good to me.lets keep it alive.

TOFFAIR
3rd Jul 2010, 14:33
Will KQ take direct entries for the incoming E190? possibly expats? like to have that info! assante.

jetpet
3rd Jul 2010, 17:44
its very unlikely that expats or DEC will ever get into KQ, the pilots union is really against it....they tried some time back to get expats to fly the 737s and were threated with a strike.....very costly for any airline...what they are doing is fast tracking high time pilots already in the company, ....:D

dronehawk
5th Jul 2010, 12:03
Hey guys.Are you getting confirmation email after submitting your application? Im yet to get mine.

mutpeter
5th Jul 2010, 18:52
Hi Guyz!!
I also applied for the Kq AB Initio on 2nd july but no confirmation mail yet.
Any one who's got any information please keep us informed. All the best to the guys applying!!!

butts
8th Jul 2010, 12:20
I also applied my status are active but no confirmation mail.hope thats how they do their stuff.

EchoKilo
9th Jul 2010, 06:56
Usain Bolt said
how are you guyz? am good. am Fredrick and happened to see the advert for ab inito pilot program me today. in the advert it has been mentioned that those who underwent the interview in 2009 and 2008 should not apply. my querry is this, if you went for the interview this year, are you elligible t o apply again?If you went for the interview this year, you must either have applied last year in which case you don't qualify for this year's application, OR, you applied this year, went for the interview and didn't hack it, in which case, you have to wait for at least one more year before you can apply again.

Toffair said
Will KQ take direct entries for the incoming E190? possibly expats? like to have that info! assante.Current direct entries are going on the E170 but no expats:=! Crewing for the E190 and E170 will be the same. All you need is a differences training. Good luck.

SpannerGirl
12th Jul 2010, 22:30
Great Thread here! Thanks to everyone for shading some light on this program, since there seem to be so many of us who want to get in real bad.
I'm just wondering as to how strict they are on the age limit. I am 26, I had been called for an interview before, but couldn't make it because of their unreasonable interview notices. Any ideas on whether it really matters?

jbayfan
13th Jul 2010, 06:02
Does anyone know who the person is at KQ who is in charge of the cadet programme?

Capitaine
13th Jul 2010, 08:11
Guys where do you put your I.D. no.?:confused:

mutpeter
15th Jul 2010, 16:48
Hello to all wannabez!!!
Just a serious querry chaps.
If one puts ID No. on the special pass space, then how long is it expected to be valid?. must every applicant has a driving licence? your quick responses will be highly appreciated, its deadline guyz.

wanabeeCapt
15th Jul 2010, 21:04
@spannergirl, sorry to dash your hopes but when they indicate a max age limit of 24, they mean exactly that.

@jbayfan, Egla Too, the hr head, is in charge of the program. If you are looking for official info concerning the intake, maybe she will be kind enough and offer some. Otherwise she entertains no form of canvassing.

@mutpeter and capitane, just fill in your i.d no in the special pass tab but specify the initials i.d first e.g, id no. 12345678 and no it is not a requirement that you hold a driving license in fact they care less if you have ever rode a bicycle.

dronehawk
16th Jul 2010, 13:41
hi.I hope we all had a successful application,for those who applied, though we neither received confirmation emails.Now the waiting game begins.For those who attended the interviews before, what documents do they demand during the first interview? CV? Are they strict on KCSE certificate or they accept result slip?
I am sure your response will benefit other wannabes on this forum.

mutpeter
17th Jul 2010, 07:15
@wanabeecapt.Thanks for your quick response.Your responses are of great importance to us wanabeez. cheers!!!
Does anyone has information on when the applicants will be shortlisted?
Anyone who has received application cornfirmation email?

wanabeeCapt
17th Jul 2010, 22:47
dronehawk, kq have indicated in bold that they only accept kcse original certificates and not results slips. Why would you still want to go with your slips?

ZS-PGP
5th Aug 2010, 13:19
haha, very funny. Why would you want to with your result slip if you can get your certificate?

flying_hamster
6th Aug 2010, 01:12
i dont mean to sound horrid, but these are the candidates turning up to handle a multi-million dollar aircraft? and more importantly, hundreds of lives each time they sit in the flight deck?

God Bless KQ! :}

wanabeeCapt
7th Aug 2010, 20:49
All the Kenya Airways 1st group of cadets(myself included) have tested successfully for our CPLs with Multi Engine Instrument Rating. It has been quite an experience spanning 1 year requiring a lot of hardwork and dedication but here we are. For those who will make it to S.A, keep in mind that this is not a holiday trip. Once you hit the ground, start working, break sweat and always be ahead of your aircraft(as my instructor would always say).

butts
9th Aug 2010, 05:36
has anyone out there received any comnction.

B777Heavy
11th Aug 2010, 10:19

i dont mean to sound horrid, but these are the candidates turning up to handle a multi-million dollar aircraft? and more importantly, hundreds of lives each time they sit in the flight deck?

God Bless KQ!

Trust me, they get whipped into shape before they are let loose and then some!! with the line captains who keep em in check..:ok:

dronehawk
12th Aug 2010, 13:50
@ wannabecapt, kudos to you and your group on your achievement.:DI guess you must now be heading for type rating ?
@munyeki, as far as I think,if your hand is completly healed, you have no problem.FAA is very keen on body fitness.To get class one medical,several conditions have to be meet including body fitness.
@B777Heavy, you are scaring wannabes
To the rest, PATIENCE. incase one gets that crucial email,dont hesitate to alert us here

dreamzfly
13th Aug 2010, 10:42
applied as well..nothing yet ...

FrankieTAH
17th Aug 2010, 15:50
Hi!also applied and still waiting.

FrankieTAH
18th Aug 2010, 08:47
Hi guys out there.What happens to someone who just completed High School last year and has not yet received an original knec cert?(i.e if he makes it to the interviews this time).Please help?

Capitaine
18th Aug 2010, 19:09
Funny enough, I wanted to ask the same question?!!:confused:

wanabeeCapt
19th Aug 2010, 14:30
By all means, go directly to the KNEC offices and apply for it. You will get it in minutes or a few days at most. Depends mostly with their mood to work.

FrankieTAH
20th Aug 2010, 13:20
Thanks wanabeeCapt.

captainpilot
21st Aug 2010, 12:41
hey people thanks a lot for this thread it really helps glad to know that i am not the only one who did not receive the confirmation mail.

however there is something that i am really worried about and need your help

you see the thing is that i was new to this thing and when i applied i did not know where to put the grades. however after i applied i found out where to put the grades and ADDED them in the additional qualifications before the deadline the thing is that i am worried will that affect my application please help me!!!! thank you

GOD BLESS

special thanks to wanabe pilot i was having sleepless nights but thanks to you and your posts i yet have hope to carry out my dreams

FrankieTAH
22nd Aug 2010, 15:01
@captainpilot Thanks alot to let us know that you are also on the waiting list.I may not be well versed with the KQ's ways of doing things but i think there is no problem in adding your grades later after the application. You see, the application is what was most important and again they clearly say that you can go to the MY ACCOUNT link to add any other details you may need to, meaning they probably check out once in while ,you know. Keep in touch if anything crops up especially on the app.

Bonny91
30th Aug 2010, 13:27
Hi, I applied for Ab Initio last year but didn't make the cut. Now am in the university and would like to know if I can reapply.

GooseA380
31st Aug 2010, 15:17
Hi, am an aspiring pilot and am looking for information on KQ's ab initio recruitment program. Could anyone know when they are recruiting next? kindly assit. Thnx

mutpeter
4th Sep 2010, 10:37
@GooseA380. KQ normally advertises the recruitment of AB initio pilot trainees twice a year; towards mid year, around May/June and towards year end, around November/December. So most probably the next advertisement for recruitment will be posted around November, be vigilant around this time.
For the guys who applied for AB initio 2010 in June/July, has anyone received any communication from KQ so far? If no one, patience guys, may be they are working something out or have other insider practices:confused:.

butts
9th Sep 2010, 09:37
Hi guys has anyone received any commnction,for my case no mail yet.it has taken too long

cpt pat
17th Sep 2010, 09:31
hi guys i applied for the KQ ab initio recruitment and i received mail and will be doing the aptitude test on 20th. Does anyone know wot 2 expect?

dronehawk
17th Sep 2010, 10:01
Hey guys.also got that email.The waiting game ended on monday.well ,aptitude test is more of IQ test.hoping to meet you all on 20th.For those who didnt have the cert,did you manage to get one.For myself, I got it.all the best

cpt pat
17th Sep 2010, 14:39
munyeki i guess we will b meeting there.. about the head office its not at pride centre but very close to that place..i have been told speed n accuracy is wot matters in aptitude.

FrankieTAH
18th Sep 2010, 08:35
Hi guys.Also got the email directing me to KQ offices at the Old Airport road.But as of yet i haven't known where the offices really are.Can someone just help me before its too late.E.g the name of the building,street- - - -SOMEONE PLEASE:confused::confused::confused::confused:

FrankieTAH
18th Sep 2010, 13:59
:=Munyeki you have really helped me.Hope to meet you there on Monday.:D

initiocandidate
19th Sep 2010, 15:20
tomorrow is the day.....am so anxious and don know wat to xpect...lets meet there people and for those with no certs, try the result slip..they wont be really strict on that

FrankieTAH
19th Sep 2010, 15:24
Munyeki,i called them on friday and the lady told me i can go with the slip.so i guess you should also be feeling .safe

FrankieTAH
20th Sep 2010, 09:24
@Munyeki Thanks alot for your message concerning the travelling, u 'saved me'.:ok:About the test ,i guess you will be leaving the room at 3pm. Today height was my undoing, i wish i hadn't shaved my hair.Will hit you up soon on your number.

Slycoder
20th Sep 2010, 13:41
Hello guys. I frankly need help here. I have been following this thread pretty well and i must admit its really helpful. I did apply for recruitment and tomorrow is my interview day. I was called and confirmed it as 21st. My problem is i don't really know the location of the interview properly. All i know is that it is supposed to be at their offices in Embakasi. How do i get there from town? Is it still number 33 and WHERE do i alight. A little help and urgent reply would be really appreciated. Thank you and regards.:ooh:

FrankieTAH
20th Sep 2010, 16:03
All the best for you Munyeki and for all those guys who managed to skyscrape 5'4'' today.Best of luck to tomorrows group too.

dronehawk
21st Sep 2010, 09:53
hae guys.hope u had a cool day jana.anyway how many guys attended the interview today(21 sept).any group for tomorrow?lets hope for the best as we patiently wait for the replies.

captainpilot
21st Sep 2010, 09:54
Congrats to all the people who made it. I have since july 19th not recieved any feedback from kenya airways does that mean by dreams have been shattered?Am i the only one who has not recieved an email?

GooseA380
21st Sep 2010, 19:33
@captainpilot, dont lose hope.

otenyo
24th Sep 2010, 06:28
Hey guys. i attended the IB Initio interview on 21st this week. Those tests were really tricky...and so many. when should we xpect the results?
I really felt sorry for those who were turned down because of height.

snill
24th Sep 2010, 12:52
2 - 3 weeks seems like yrs now while the speed tests seemed like seconds:ugh:

captainpilot
24th Sep 2010, 13:26
@munyeki yes i did meet all their requirmements

yobra
29th Sep 2010, 08:57
stage 1 complete. having a psychometric evaluation kesho 30th. all the best to those who qualified.:D:D any ideas on wat to expect?

Capt. Prudent Paul
29th Sep 2010, 14:37
Hello pals. Am a new guy here but very impressed. Also attending the interview tomorrow. All the best and see you there. Regards.

initiocandidate
29th Sep 2010, 14:51
all the best everyone...lets meet kesho..

snill
1st Oct 2010, 09:05
tuesday or wednesday isnt that what she said:confused:

sampeter22
4th Oct 2010, 09:10
Hey everybody? Is there anybody who can give me a hint as to what to expect in stage three of the whole KQ ab initio interview? All I know is that we are to do a flight simulator test. What does it really involve and might you have n idea as to the software they're using for the simulation since as I hear it'll be on PCs.

sampeter22
5th Oct 2010, 09:29
I was actually in the first group. We were told the same thing:ie about the waiting(any time from Tuesday).I hope I will make it to the third round of the interview. Thanks anyway.Good Luck.

sampeter22
5th Oct 2010, 10:45
Anybody gotten the KQ call-back emails yet? I'm still pending.

Capt. Prudent Paul
5th Oct 2010, 19:46
Hello Good people,

Thank God that today I received an email inviting me to participate in the KQ Psychomotor Test. Please check your inboxes in case they have invited you too. The test in on Thursday at 2.30 p.m., Pride Centre.

Those who have gone before us, please wish us well and help us boost confidence.

Regards.

initiocandidate
6th Oct 2010, 05:25
@supercaptain.. I too have not yet received any mail and as I can see you too were in the second round like you. has anyone of those who sat for the psychometric on friday received mail?

Jetdriver
6th Oct 2010, 21:04
Another reminder about using "text speak." Don't, if you want your posts to remain. Clear communication will serve you very well in this industry. If you want to text, then simply text one another.

Captlg
7th Oct 2010, 04:21
i attended da psychometric test on friday but i haven't recieved any email.

yobra
7th Oct 2010, 09:37
it wasn't a walk in the park lyk the rest.:=:=:=

patel_dipz27
7th Oct 2010, 13:24
hi Guys,

Am CURRENTLY training in Australia and got my commercial pilot licence on a multi engine aircraft and also hold instrument rating with approximately 250 hours flight time and 50 hours on multi engine.

I am kenyan nationality and 21 years of age and looking forward to join a career in kenya airways, but i don't meet the minimum requirements as i have mean grade of C in maths and failed the others.

Do you guys think that i can get a job without meeting minimum requirements?

Hope to hear from you.....

snill
7th Oct 2010, 20:16
yobra yo totally right de psychomotor makes one see the hard side of flying in just afew minutes. I don think i can also do beta than what i did its tests ones inbiult responses at a point i saw that flying may really not be my thing

supercaptain
8th Oct 2010, 06:36
I did my psychomotor today and i agree with all of you. It was not a good experience.But one thing am sure of is that what matters most is one's improvement from the previous round and since i continuously improved in all rounds, i hope to get an email from kq next tuesday.Back to the tormenting waiting game...

supercaptain
8th Oct 2010, 13:47
Hi patel, just bumpd into the following info in the net and i thought it might be of help to you. Its the requirements for direct entry at KQ.

Minimum Requirements

Kenyan CPL

Mulit engine Instrument
rating

Instrument rating with no
Gas turbines limitation

250 hours total time

Grade “A” aeroplane
performance rating

Minimum educational
qualification of KCSE mean
grade C or GCE OR
equivalent with at least grade
C/Credits in English,
Mathematics, Physics or
chemistry or Physical science

Swiftfly
8th Oct 2010, 16:08
I have never wanted the weekend to go by so fast. Lets have hope.

WamZ
8th Oct 2010, 18:11
Hey, just wanted to ask. How many of you who were actually in the 2nd round received emails calling them for Psychomotor? Initocandidate, Captlg, anything?

Swiftfly
8th Oct 2010, 18:21
Today we were 11 if I'm not wrong.

WamZ
8th Oct 2010, 18:32
Swiftfly you were in the 2nd round? Both Aptitude and Psychometric?

Swiftfly
8th Oct 2010, 18:43
Aptitude I was in the 2nd round. I went for psychometric last Thursday and did the psychomotor today. Hope i have answered you.

WamZ
8th Oct 2010, 19:12
Yeah you have, thanks. Hey, all the best to all you guyz.

Swiftfly
8th Oct 2010, 20:24
I totally agree with you supercaptain. I wish i could sleep until the results come out but for now we will just have to exercise patience. From the thread I've gathered that maybe they will take a maximum of 15 people. Hope we make it to the end.

Swiftfly
10th Oct 2010, 12:35
I bet they check everything(though i am not certain what everything is).
When did they say we should expect communication?

supercaptain
10th Oct 2010, 13:30
Our examiner told us to expect to hear from them early next week, i strongly believe the emails will come on Tuesday evening again.

keta3
11th Oct 2010, 07:33
i did the 3rd test n i av no wrds 2 say other than 2 wait coz it was very tricky.wen r the pple goin 2 SA leavin?

Lamyna Flo
11th Oct 2010, 09:24
i did the 3rd test n i av no wrds 2 say other than 2 wait coz it was very tricky.wen r the pple goin 2 SA leavin?

Great! And did you answer all the questions in txtspk, in the same fashion as you have attempted to "communicate" above? If so, I'd say you're a shoe-in. Good effort! Nice to know KQ is employing pilots with the communication abilities of 15-year-olds to fly its aircraft. No wonder accidents like Douala happen. :rolleyes:

Captlg
11th Oct 2010, 10:04
guz what's textspeak,got banned for a while it,guyz are meant to start classes by 29th november,av got a pal thea who's already back.i reckon its a one year training,part of it in USA.

Swiftfly
11th Oct 2010, 12:24
Thank you for the reminder Flo.
Let us try to write standard English guys. It is for the best.

Favour
11th Oct 2010, 12:58
The anxiety is driving me insane.anyone who knows when KQ are giving us results for last week's pilapt test?

Swiftfly
11th Oct 2010, 14:02
I am hoping it is tomorrow. Favour when did you do the pilapt?

Capt. Prudent Paul
11th Oct 2010, 14:13
@Favour, SuperCapt, Swiftfly: Lets be patient as tomorrow dawns. And pray that we will make the final list that heads South. In case someone receives any communication, kindly indicate in this forum to let the others know. All the best!

Favour
11th Oct 2010, 15:13
i did the pilapt test on thursday last week.i guess they wil communicate on tommorrow.hope to see you all there for our next interview and the the end of it all

CaptBarbossa
11th Oct 2010, 15:51
This waiting game sucks.At least I kept myself busy by going to the CID to get the Cert of Good Conduct.:zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

CaptBarbossa
11th Oct 2010, 15:57
Hey pips.I hope mmecheck your emails.They just came in 5 minutes ago.Its a medical.

Favour
11th Oct 2010, 16:18
when did they come in?I have just checked mine and nothing new.i hope its still coming in.fingers crossed.

Swiftfly
11th Oct 2010, 16:27
Congrats CaptBarbossa. Who else got the email?

CaptBarbossa
11th Oct 2010, 17:28
Im going on Wednesday Capt.How many do you know have been called?
And congrats man:D:D:D:D

CaptBarbossa
11th Oct 2010, 17:59
Hey Super Capt,is that International House the one behind Hilton?:8

CaptBarbossa
11th Oct 2010, 19:33
Whoaaaaaaaaaaa.I hope all goes well.Good luck to those who were called.:ok:

Favour
12th Oct 2010, 05:31
Congratulations to all who made it to the medicals stage in the KQ interviews.I guess this is the end of the road for me.does anyone know alternative AB Initio Programmes that one can apply for or sponsorship programmes?

sampeter22
12th Oct 2010, 06:18
I went for the third round of the interviews and I'm still awaiting my email to arrive. The wait is sure killing me! For those of you who have received your emails, mind if I ask how your scores were,at least for those which you knew even before we chucked that place? I sure hope I get the email....or the call.

CaptBarbossa
12th Oct 2010, 07:23
Sam,in the Trax,I got a 5,8 and 8.While I got a 4,4 and another 4 in the deviation.The row nad column shape and colour thingy,I got 10 hits and 1 miss and 11 hits and 0 misses.The test with the guy with a square and a circle Im sure I didnt miss a single one.

sampeter22
12th Oct 2010, 07:35
I'm guessing almost all of you guys who are there got around the ball park of your scores. Anyway, good luck in it all. I have yet to receive the email,if at all it is to come! I'll just make some few calls to the KQ HR to get confirmation of whether or not I have been dismissed then put it behind me in case of the former.

Capt. Prudent Paul
12th Oct 2010, 08:40
Thank God I also received the email yesternight. Congrats to others who've made it too. For those who have not made it this far, am sure its not the end of the road.

@Supercap, please brief us more on the medical check after you are through. Am heading there tomorrow morning.

Favour
12th Oct 2010, 16:27
How come my threads are not being displayed?:ugh:I wanted to know if there is anyone out there who knows how many people have been called for the medical interviews?

Lamyna Flo
14th Oct 2010, 09:41
Don't just hate on KQ simply because you failed the ab initio severally

Ah, typical of the sort of response I'd expect from one of you people. A little criticism (just pointing out the truth) and all you can respond with is an attempt at an insult. "Failed the ab initio severally"? Please, you'll have to do better than that - just accept that some people on here are already way ahead of where you are, and way ahead of where you want to be. I don't claim to be in either of those categories (since it's no business of yours in any case) but, if you can't take criticism and can't speak English properly, you are not going to make it anywhere in life, let alone into the LHS :cool:

Cardinal Puff
14th Oct 2010, 12:47
KQ pilots are infact one of the best because they fly to the dreaded Central and West African airports, well known for their poor state of runways and strong turbulences and storms. Why do you think most major airlines haven't ventured into that part of Africa?

A number of majors are there. I'd say the routes are just about saturated, hence lack of interest by others in vying for that route. There's nothing special about KQ, they're pretty average as airlines go. Probably in the top five African airlines but that's about it.

Swiftfly
14th Oct 2010, 18:40
Congrats for making it to the medical guys. When is your next interview?
I havn't got any communication since the psychomotor.

Swiftfly
17th Oct 2010, 05:26
Be sure to inform us if you get any communication from the HR. I can imagine the anxiety you are feeling. Don't worry though. It will all work out for you guys.

Cardinal Puff
17th Oct 2010, 15:58
Calm down guys.:ok: You've all done great so far. You don't want to roll up at the medical examiner's office wired to the eyeballs and with your blood pressure sky high and blow it because you're too hyped. Get in there in a positive frame of mind and as calm and rational as you can. Most airlines require grace under pressure, ie, the ability to follow the rules and perform flawlessly when the chips are down.

jbayfan
19th Oct 2010, 10:40
Anyone have a phone number to contact the recruitment department?

Captlg
19th Oct 2010, 11:06
Well,they said that any communication should be done through the abinitio email.Relax,am sure they will contact you in due course because the classes in SA start on November 28th.

Capt. Prudent Paul
19th Oct 2010, 12:54
I also thought they would have communicated by yesterday, going by the fact that the AME results were to be out by last Friday. With less than 2 weeks to go for the successful, I wish they say something by close of business today. Anyway, my level of patience is thankfully hitting an all-time high.:ugh:

Swiftfly
19th Oct 2010, 18:52
Hey ab initios.
Take a deep breath and RELAX. It must be very difficult to stay patient during this time. Believe in yourselves. I know you gave it your best so there is no need to fret. Faith moves mountains. Keep yourselves busy with other stuff to pass time.

Dimbaza
19th Oct 2010, 20:47
I wasn't going to say anything till I saw how most of you are all nerves, come down guys/ladies, years ago this thing used to take months even upto six, yours is one of the fastest! some corrections, this year's group 1(KQ3) went to 43, KQ4 was meant to follow them but 43 got full and they were diverted to Progress which seemingly is KQ's plan B as always(No disrespect). As for the next intake, am sure its first week of November(43's Bhisho Campus), 28th of November intake maybe for the Port Alfred campus which mostly caters for private students. If I were you I would start hustling for the necessary documents because I hardly know of anyone whose been left out after the medical stages unless you go bonkers during the Orals!! Mark you KQ will/may surprise you with barely a week to go to get the paperwork and believe me that is one tiresome, bribery filled heart-wrenching ordeal. best of luck and hope I was of much help. see you soon. before I forget, any ladies among the 18?? come on, am just curious!! 18 is the biggest number ever so far, are you all coming as one unit or you have been split into two? in that case one group MAY go to Progress, though 43 Bhisho currently has lots of space with two KQ groups leaving for Kenya shortly. Good luck you all.

Alpha3
22nd Oct 2010, 07:43
Hi guys good to know that you made it to the Medical. I was wondering what was the key to passing the Pilapt Test (psycho-motor)that we did a while ago?

Capt. Prudent Paul
22nd Oct 2010, 12:59
@Swiftfly, Dimbaza... thanks for the encouraging words. When one is really looking forward to something important, it is easy to be anxious.

@Supercap, I called someone facilitating the ab initio programme and I can tell that if you have been asked to avail the documents, you are as good as IN! I enquired on the date of the final interview and to my surprise she said that interviews were long over.

All what remains is for them to forward the documents to SA by Wednesday next week and wait for the departure day confirmation. Am yet to get the confidence whether we made it through or not, my only confidence is that it was from a very reliable source. Please start packing rather than waiting for an email!

gitush
22nd Oct 2010, 17:11
@ Capt Prudent Paul, does it mean that if you have not been called to submit your passport you are out?:(. I think waiting for the confirmation would be better. Anyway to all those will make it :D

Capt. Prudent Paul
23rd Oct 2010, 18:42
@gitush, may be... may be not. I agree, we might be happier with a direct confirmation from them.

@supercaptain, was meaning those called to submit their passport numbers. I suggest someone else calls on Monday so that we can have further confirmation.

The next pilot
24th Oct 2010, 09:06
First of all congratulations to all of you who are making progress with the interviews. I understand the emotional frustration you are undergoing. Good news is once you get to medical its almost unheard of to be eliminated. Even better news is, I was at the administration block this past week and they say more KQ cadets are coming in two weeks time i.e. Progress Flight Academy. That should be on the second week of November. So to all those joining the 9 of us who are here already, better brace yourselves for the experience. I can assure you its nothing like you have imagined before.

Funny thing is the interviews is just but the beginning, don't celebrate now that you are coming to South Africa. Kazi tu ndio imeanza. The going only gets tougher when you get here. The road to being an airline pilot is full of tests and checks. Prepare for a career where delivery is not an option, its mandatory. And not always will u be in a calm environment. More often than not, you will be in a challenging situation, far from calm, and under pressure, and you will have to deliver.

To all those who haven't made it thru yet, there is always another chance, and KQ need so many pilots as it is. What about when the 9 dream-liners check in next year? How many more will they need. So keep your head up, and press on.

Cheers guys.

QBY
24th Oct 2010, 15:46
"C'mon, this training is not as demanding as the courses most of us would have gone to do in university."

Supercaptain, a rude awakening is waiting for you if that is what you really believe.

It's not about scaring anyone, but the amount of work and effort that will be expected from you in the relatively short time this course takes to complete (compared to university courses), if you stay within the allocated time frame, I guarantee will be a challenge.

The next pilot
24th Oct 2010, 22:19
supercaptain SIR, good thing is you will be here in the thread to testify to your demise. Hope you will come to Progress then we can talk face to face and chitchat about it after your first week. With all due respect, we all had a dream and ambition to being a pilot, and as QBY is saying,

...the amount of work and effort that will be expected from you in the relatively short time this course takes to complete (compared to university courses), if you stay within the allocated time frame, I guarantee will be a challenge...

So hope u will have something to say after one week of being in SA, not to scare you but to prepare you for the 40,000ft to climb on your piston powered single engine aircraft, if you know what I mean... hehehe

Welcome to a everyones dream, almost everyone, am sure it will meet, AND EXCEED, your expectation. Even after all the challenges it is posing to us, I cannot think of any other thing ad want to do with my life other than fly fly fly... ITS SOOO MUCH FUN!!! WELCOME

Captlg
25th Oct 2010, 05:46
The next pilot,the course takes one year,right?I reckon the two ways of becoming an airline pilot is to either go through the conventional way of getting your PPL first,then your CPL and multiengine rating which takes like 2 years or to go through an ab initio cadet training which takes 1 year on a very tight schedule.@Supercaptain,we all share a passion in flying but they say a pilots life is full of routine flight hours panctuated with moments of terror,weather scares and all. When you realise the reseliance you need to have to go through the 1 year schedule and the fact that you're flying as a passion and career but delivering to a company which wants perfection and results,only when will you understand.

The next pilot
25th Oct 2010, 15:41
LG, it takes round about 14months there, and hey, KQ doesn't cut corners in t7e training, it goes in the conventional way as u say. Start with your PPL, get your multi engine and then Comm with IR. From there u do your Jet orientation and Multi crew concepts then you head back to Kenya to convert the license. To be on the safe side, call it at least two years from the day u start is when you'll be in the flight deck on duty. The day to celebrate is the day you check in to that 737 or Embraer as an F.O. Thats the day to look forward to. Thats where life as a pilot starts. I cant wait to get there... As for now were just trainees... But all in all, as I said yesterday, this experience is way more than I expected...

Supercapt, hope to see u here in Nov, all the best. But if you've got to medical, ad suggest you start warming up. Those KQ guys are just last minute pips. They will give u less than a week's notice I tell u... Not unless things have changed.

flyerwun
25th Oct 2010, 17:12
Hi guys, i wanted to know would any of u know when the next AB initio intake will be? and also i hold a C in MATH, C in ENGLISH and B in PHYSICS in my O'levels do i stand any chances of being interviewed by KQ. Thanx

keta3
26th Oct 2010, 08:23
@The next Pilot. Is the training part more tough theoretically,practically or both because i believe flying is something u grasp once and thats it...?
I am nervous because the KQ people ain't telling us anything yet a group is to leave next week for SA..

ElcapitanRM
26th Oct 2010, 09:24
Hello everyone,
Any word yet? I am getting nervous(on your behalves) just reading this.
All the best to all those who are awaiting their results.

Captlg
26th Oct 2010, 12:06
Keta 3,there's ground school and debreifing before practicals,but obviously flying practically is fun, including the simulator but you apply what you've learnt in ground school,theoretical exams are kind of challenging,but brace urself because there's so much to LEARN, RETAIN and APPLY.If you would like,buy a software called Flight Simulator,it contains everything you will learn in any flight training organisation,including theory and flight practicals.

supercaptain
27th Oct 2010, 10:38
And so the call from Josephine ended the long wait. The oral interview is on Monday! With all these documents they need from us I doubt anyone
will be left out after the oral...

Lets meet there on Monday.

ElcapitanRM
27th Oct 2010, 11:56
Awsome guys.. All the best(again) what documents were you guys asked to take with you?

dzaque
27th Oct 2010, 17:07
...super captain good luck and lets meet down south if u will be coming to 43rd. Congrats for making it to the last bit of the interview

sampeter22
28th Oct 2010, 15:13
Does anybody have a clue as to the typa questions we'll be asked in the last interview? I think earlier prep would do us much good.

GooseA380
28th Oct 2010, 19:10
Congrats you guyz huv made it that far:D. Who like me is waiting for the next recruitment?

chini ya maji
28th Oct 2010, 19:25
congrats y'all who 'made it' < put that in quotes coz if u never realized the work starts now, how do i know? am kq cadet in SA..
wel:Dcome

jbayfan
29th Oct 2010, 07:18
To the person who answered my post where I was looking for phone numbers for the recruitment department at KQ, thanks for the effort but unfortunately I never got to use them. I was on a night stop in London, perusing Pprune, when I realised that the hotel had possibly missed calling me for our pick-up, which is one hour before the bus arrives for most airlines. I called one of the other pilots and he confirmed they had received the call 30 minutes ago. I therefore had to rapidly shave, shower, pack, dress and rush downstairs to make the bus on time. The reason for me not getting the call was that I had changed rooms and the hotel had not updated the call list.

Anyway, I then tried to sign on to Pprune back in SA the next day and some overzealous moderator had banned me for a week and his only comment was "no thanks", whatever that means. By the time I received access to Pprune two days ago the post with the phone numbers had disappeared.

However, in the interim I managed to get in contact with Captain Opere on his mobile who informed me that the Cadet manager had resigned his post and they were busy sourcing a new manager. He also informed me that they will be coming to South Africa to inspect our flight school as soon as the new appointment is made.

So, hopefully one of these days we will be training those of you who are successful in your application and we look forward to the opportunity.

captain engineer van
29th Oct 2010, 15:46
Hey y'all.My name is Vane.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gifAm new here.It has been wonderful reading through your posts.I am greatly touched.I am also an aspiring pilot.This is ma dream n nofin is gonna change that come what may.I am a go getter and i knw al one day achieve this dreamhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/badteeth.gif..Am so wild about it.I applied for the ongoing ab initio recruitment but i did not make it to the interviews on 20th September because i was in hospital.I have written numerous emails to the HR but gotten no reply.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gifCan someone kindly tell me if i can apply in he next intake?:rolleyes:I did not do any interview and i meet all the requirements.I will greatly appreciate your feedback on ths.Am currently a kafresher in UoN ..school of engineering..but i know my heart is still in aviationhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/tongue.gif..moreover..congratulations all of you who have made it this far..May you enjoy the fruits of your determination and hard work..meet you hopefully one day in the air..cheersssssssssssssssss..:) big love y'allhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Captlg
30th Oct 2010, 08:40
KQ has so many applications and I think that's why your emails were not replied.The good news is:if u did not attend any interview,you are eligible to apply next year.With the Boeing 787 dreamliners underway,I'm certain they will need more cadets,captains and first officers.Training in SA is around 60,000 dollars,do the math,either way,KQ cadets pay intrest on the scholarship so you're better off if you can afford to pay yourself,you'll save more funds and you can even work for major international airlines like Cathay Pacific,Singapore airlines,Emirites,Virgin Atlantic etc.check out their website.

Kenne capt.
30th Oct 2010, 13:04
Hey...congratulations to all who have made the cut :D welcome to South Africa!!!:ok:....and now the hard work begins:8

samajor
30th Oct 2010, 20:21
;)hey, am new to this site. i learnt of it after my best friend made it o the final stages of the kenya airways interviews. now my main issue is that, Do these other international airlines offer scholarships?
If i were to go thru KQ, would i join other airlines later on?
and on a rough scale, wat is the rough salary of a pilot?
thanks i advance

odericko2000
31st Oct 2010, 09:05
Dude I think your motivation to be a pilot based on the queries you made is bait misplaced, my advice try being an actuary there's much more money to be made in finance and insurance.
To all the new cadets congratulations it's a lot of work but very rewarding, and be sure the training that kq offers is of very high standard, and as good as any international airline, to the graduating cadets congrats on getting ya CPLs but the work just starts now transitioning from piston to jet isn't a joke, trust me many fall by the way side, but also many do go ahead and make it, keep the focus and welcome to the kq pilot family

Captlg
31st Oct 2010, 10:25
KQ outsources scholarships loans to train cadets so if you sail through,u obviously have to work for KQ and repay loan,its just like 'HELB' or 'BOOM' if you like.

Almost every boys dream is to fly and be in command of an aircraft but I would advice you to do research well,if it's a question of salary,being an actuary will earn you lots of $$ but if you would rather earn less and enjoy the world up there,aviation will do you good,its all about what you really want...there's no harm in doing an undergraduate degree and doing your piloting afterwards,you will have more accomplishments.

supercaptain
31st Oct 2010, 19:28
Its funny we never reach the end. When i graduated to high school they said its only the beginning. When we started the aptitude they said the same. When we go to SA theyl tell us that too. When we come back to start working for KQ, the pilots will tell us its just begun!...aai, when will they ever tell us we are now half way? :-(:-(

To those going for the orals kesho, all the best! Lets meet there..(ps. Its just the beginning! :-))

Capt. Prudent Paul
1st Nov 2010, 11:02
We thank God the long-patient journey has come to a victorious end. And now the preparations for departure begin...

ctrviolation
1st Nov 2010, 12:20
congratulatinos guys and girls!! it has just began..haha

Captlg
1st Nov 2010, 12:45
congrats supercaptain n capt. paul,remember the golden rule in flying,every takeoff is optional,but every landing is mandantory,make sure they are always smooth,hongera.

cpt pat
1st Nov 2010, 12:53
To all those who made it, I wish you the best. I am happy for you guys even though I did not make the cut. Kudos guys!!:D:D

gitush
1st Nov 2010, 14:45
A big thanks to the almighty God!!! :) To the 12 wonnabees lets meet at Progress :ok:. Its the start of another long journey! Congrats all who made it!:D:D:D

dzaque
1st Nov 2010, 18:36
congrats :D guys and welcome to the BEST JOB IN THE WORLD .....as students though hahahaha!