PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

mwangi njuguna
12th Oct 2011, 08:27
Hey @javier, awesome, thanks for the info. my b.m.i was kinda high, bp too, so, got my fingers and toes crossed to go this time around. failure is not an option for me! *goddamit!*

jameselevun
12th Oct 2011, 08:38
I wish kq put this issue in black and white because the company doctor told me that weight shouldn't be an issue but the aviation Dr. said it might be an issue,I am totally confused?!!I hope my other results good!!!tommorow we go jogging!!!Hehe!!!

ochola_j
12th Oct 2011, 11:10
niaje mwangi? i guess we are on the same boat, i was asked to lose some weight too. we'll have to figure out what to do about that. all the best man! *fingers crossed*

jameselevun
12th Oct 2011, 11:19
@Mwangi,@ocholla we all in tha same boat!!fingers and toes crossed anyway if its Gods plan tutaenda then we become the 'wazitos' there!!

mwangi njuguna
12th Oct 2011, 14:05
@jameselevun, @ochola, :}:}:}, so true!, just came back from the doctors office (aviation) right now, said its ok, those don't really affect much, but the one's coming up, where you have to get on a treadmill and stuff, and the ECG, take up most of the slack,if not all of it. if you flunk those, :sad::sad::sad:, too bad, together all these tests provide a picture of your overall fitness for the job. keep your heads up guys, its not in our hands anyway!

Evroza
12th Oct 2011, 20:15
I did my KCSE last year and just got my ID. Just needed to know: when applying, must one posses a KCSE certificate or is the Results slip enough. I'm afraid of applying and getting disqualified because i dont have the certificate yet....that would mean two years on the road which is so not cool. Anyone advise please:ugh:

F.O dravida
13th Oct 2011, 07:38
@EVROZA, to apply ,you dont need to have the certificate as there will be a confirmation from KNEC that you will be required to send to them once the interviews begin..all the best as you wait to be called. Onto other matters,anyone with information as to when we are required to have the passports in our possession? I have not yet applied for it.:( Any pointers on how to obtain it within the shortest time possible?:confused:

Sky Guy
13th Oct 2011, 10:11
Dravida, The passport will take 2 weeks-ish (Officially reported by those guys in immigration as 10 days) so if you go for them now you might get them in time. Otherwise if you have documentation that you need it as soon as possible, it can be put on the fast track and be processed in a few days. Or you could know someone who knows someone and it would be done painlessly.

Otherwise, whats new? The guys who went for the stress thing today, whats up?

CAPT GOLF
14th Oct 2011, 04:54
Hey those who went through aptitude and the other tests successfully...how do you prepare for them....and is it wise to leave school as you go through those things then resume after you ve gone through at least the first three

jameselevun
14th Oct 2011, 14:32
i doubt it would be a good idea to leave school given the uncertainty that goes with the whole process. It can lead to great dissapointment so dont take the risk,try and combine the two until you are sure that you are going...

F.O dravida
16th Oct 2011, 08:07
@Ndambz & Mwangi Njuguna....those who went for the ECG on Friday...how did you fair....and when are you going for the lung test?

mwangi njuguna
16th Oct 2011, 09:46
@dravida,the ECG was pretty easy, just walking on a treadmill as they take your pressure, pulse, and you're hooked to the ecg machine. the results are immediate, which was pretty cool. the lung test(spirometry) is on tuesday morning at mater...

Mark5
16th Oct 2011, 15:07
is it really at matter or at doctor plaza?? then for those in the know, can being photophobic deal a big blow to your quest to be a pilot especially in this Ab initio process?

Shadrix
16th Oct 2011, 16:35
I applied in end of January this year, got an email around june requesting me to send my K.C.S.E certificate which i did. Up to now i hv not been contacted and my account is stil active..

jameselevun
17th Oct 2011, 11:29
Blowing into a tube has never been this hard!!!

ochola_j
17th Oct 2011, 13:43
@James it was that difficult? what is the aim of the test? what were they looking for?:)

ahmedalkizim
18th Oct 2011, 22:02
hey guys what is the Ab Initio Pilot Assessment score for one to qualify?i am talking of the score after application not the K.C.S.E grade

Mark5
20th Oct 2011, 06:18
what do you mean by score? if its the one generated after answering the grades and height questions in the application, make sure you get 100% just to be safe. actually there's no reason why you shouldn't! all the best! for the rest, we continue hoping and praying for the medical results!

Sky Guy
20th Oct 2011, 22:44
So when did they say they'd contact back?

mwangi njuguna
24th Oct 2011, 11:20
The anticipation is the real killer. man! they better e-mail soon or i'm heading for a nervous breakdown!, and failure is not an option!. lets hope they communicate by the weeks end. fingers crossed as always! good luck gentlemen.

Sky Guy
24th Oct 2011, 11:56
We are in the 21st century, there's no way someone can be permanently dropped at the medicals. Everything can be managed, even AIDS!

jameselevun
24th Oct 2011, 12:42
The waiting game begins yet again!!

Flyangry
24th Oct 2011, 14:24
@Sky Guy that is true...But think of it this way- why should they keep you on when they have the chance to get a healthier pilot recruit? They'll do risk assessments and all - to gauge how beneficial you'll be and for how long you'll be capable to benefit their company in it's progression. AIDS is a deal breaker trust me i was told by someone in Flights Operation.
And there's gonna be an influx of more younger healthier pilots so even though minor health issues mightn't affect you now...they might nag you later on when you're older and KQ have more younger healthier pilots to chose from.
My take.:eek:

Flyangry
25th Oct 2011, 09:55
@Ndambz
Yo. Sorry i didn't mean to- i come off a bit abrasive sometimes. But i'm just being real man. These are the things you should think about...foresight is mandatory in this career. You never know what'll happen... Ama what'd you think? Anyway i'm optimistic all 22/23 of us'll make it through this one- have faith ya'll.

Gy7.
25th Oct 2011, 10:51
KQ wamekuwa busy getting E190 Friday wakatusahau? Probably getting these top officials to interview us all day may be the challenge.

Hoping they contact us soon. this waiting after the last interview I dont mind but not now before the last.

kutangulia si kufika guys so dont raise hopes/faith beyond reality.

JBROOKES
25th Oct 2011, 15:39
hey guys, it has really been one hell of a journey since the beginning and the last thing anyone of us wants to hear of is failure.I believe God helped us reach this point and its not likely for Him to forsake us. So just be cool, don't get impatient to the extent that your life comes to a standstill. Go on with your normal lives. . . . . that is a required virtue. Just BELIEVE guys, that is all you can do for now.

Sky Guy
25th Oct 2011, 19:08
@Fly Angry, You'd think that is the case, but it isn't. Just take a look at all the asthmatics/glasses-wearing/Relatively high blood pressured/diabetic and or old skippers flying around. They are a dime a dozen, implying that if you are skilled and are not going to pass out in the flight deck following a decompression or something, you will be selected.

Now while I may be attacking some old-timer in [KQ] Flight Ops, I do know for a fact that any corporate organization (including KQ) is not permitted by law to discriminate against someone with the Aids. Unless they can effectively demonstrate that your performance (with any appropriate medication etc) is going to risk the lives of the several people in tow. Just as they will have to demonstrate if you put on glasses/contacts, HBP-meds, insulin-drips, etc.

But yes, either way you never know what wall might magically appear in such a bureaucracy.

Gy7.
26th Oct 2011, 15:22
Have you guys received this e-mail to update KQ about your passport, yellow fever and certificate of good conduct.

mwangi njuguna
26th Oct 2011, 16:23
How exactly were/are we supposed to update them? and i think it was an open e-mail so everyone got it. and hey, does anyone know when the results are due?, fingers still crossed!

CAPT GOLF
28th Oct 2011, 05:10
Anxiety is already killin me and ive not even started the process.......when are these people going to call us......i applied way back in july....what the hell!......to those going south all the best prayin for you.......and NOTE...thats just the beggining....NEVER relax coz the journey has just began

Ndambz
29th Oct 2011, 09:48
Iam Confident that we are all headed to S.A in God's name.
Did you guys know that no one this year has been disqualified at the medicals, we can't be the exception............, and of course they were not 100% healthy. Plus why would they ask you to prepare all these documentations and finally tell us we are not in?
The email must have had a mistake., how can they be "waiting medical results" and yet we did the medical examination at KQ? all the external examination results were sent by Friday last week, and that was just one.
ION does anyone have a clue when we should be leaving..., I need to look for someone to look after my cattle when am away:ok:

mwangi njuguna
29th Oct 2011, 18:40
yeah @kjnmangaa you're right, we should be starting ground school on maybe the 30th or something, so leaving on maybe the 28th or 27th, but if they email us next week, 3 weeks or so is enough time to do the loan applications and get the visa and all that. i think we should brace ourselves for a hectic departure month ahead the way things are going...fingers crossed, as always. good luck guys

Sky Guy
29th Oct 2011, 19:28
Yes, actually history suggests that we'd leave 2/3 days before class begins. And the visa/loan things generally take 2-3 weeks (including the infamous delays) as the previous groups have. And @Ndambz what makes you think/how do you know that nobody has been disqualified this year? lol to the cattle thing, I have fish.

Ndambz
30th Oct 2011, 12:12
Yes I have cattle. any recommendations would be appreciated.
I know someone who went in Feb and In Sept. and apparently no one was eliminated at the medicals. Thats how I know.
As for the fish.., cant help u, but what is I cooked the ugali and you came with the fish...:ok:

jameselevun
31st Oct 2011, 06:50
I guess this is where it ends for me.....hope to meet u guys down south next year!!onto plan b

3rd officer
31st Oct 2011, 06:59
What's going on!!!

Flyangry
31st Oct 2011, 07:10
@jameselevun how'd you know? They've called you? I haven't been called yet...

F.O dravida
31st Oct 2011, 07:35
hey guys..who else has been called ?? @james....please if you dont mind updating us on the call...is it KQ who called ?...and is your application status still active?

ochola_j
31st Oct 2011, 10:32
wait, how did you know your fate?

Sky Guy
31st Oct 2011, 10:39
Wow, you guys have a created incredible hysteria in me. Can I point out that if it can be corrected/maintained you can get your AMC Class I and go down south (so you should want to check for measures)?

How about everyone else? No calls? No mails?

jameselevun
31st Oct 2011, 10:50
I got a call from the kq doctor she just pointed out that the bmi they are looking for is 25 maximum 27ish....but it isn't the end of the world for those of you who haven't been called mko sawa so just relax...lets see how we can join the rest of you guys later!!

Sky Guy
31st Oct 2011, 13:17
@kjnmangaa you just got the warning email now? But personally my passport will be ready soon. It officially takes 10 days.

JBROOKES
31st Oct 2011, 13:46
hey when did you get that warning email? any indications on when we expect the medical results?

Sky Guy
31st Oct 2011, 13:49
16? I'm sorry, did you apply through "Passport Control, Nairobi"-Nyayo House? Because other people I've known have only had to wait exactly 2 weeks (10 working days including a give or take) TBH, Passport control is the ONLY government office that has shown quite some efficiency (but we all can tell why that is; quite a bit of money and serving foreigners :ugh:)

Flyangry
31st Oct 2011, 13:56
Yo?
Just a tip i know- print the email with the Ab Initio requirements then take that to Immigration to show the urgency of the passport. I applied for mine on the 5th then i got it today. So that's like 26 days including unofficial working days- just pointing out for those who still think 10 days'll be enough without Immigration Contacts...

JBROOKES
31st Oct 2011, 14:41
guys, has anyone not recieved the warning email? and has no passport?

3rd officer
31st Oct 2011, 19:34
still no mail from kq. i am hoping nothing goes wrong. anything can happen. scared as hell.
:mad::mad:

Mark5
1st Nov 2011, 14:37
I hope we're not contacted until maybe next week, just so we get all our documents in order :s

Timmo5Y
2nd Nov 2011, 09:37
Hey guys, just wanted to wonder out loud - anyone knows how the KQ Ab Initio program is filtered. I applied for it this month to be considered for next year and i'm thinking that if i miss out im gonna :ugh:. Anyone? Someone?

F.O dravida
2nd Nov 2011, 11:52
hey! is anyone getting this email about our passports or am I the one getting it......I just got an email like 10 mins ago asking whether I have my passport now.....and I had another one sent to me on Monday ....

Flyangry
2nd Nov 2011, 12:14
@Dravida firstly is that your real name? Anyway more importantly- nope. I haven't got any of the passport enquiries again. Immediately i got mine (on monday) i sent them i had all my documents ready. You haven't got yours i'm guessing?

F.O dravida
2nd Nov 2011, 12:19
@flyangry. it isn't my real name though u can guess the real one from it....nway I think I will scan the receipt and tell them I haven't got the passport yet....any pointers on how I would get it would be appreciated.when had you applied for yours and how long was it before you got it.?

Mark5
2nd Nov 2011, 12:40
also just received the email and am officially stressed! kwani when are we leaving ndio they're hurrying us ivo? I only have the yellow fever one! anyone else?

mwangi njuguna
2nd Nov 2011, 13:00
am i the only one NOT getting these emails? i havent received any email yet!, no call from the doc,man!, now my bp is really soaring...

Sky Guy
2nd Nov 2011, 13:04
Hey you guys, I've just seen mail (which I'm sure you guys have too as it's not personal) that's saying "you met the required class of medical... MAke sure you get docs by at least Friday" and what not. But HOLY MOTHER OF SCIENCE MY EMAIL ACCOUNT PUT IT AS SPAM!! :eek: So check your spam if you haven't got anything in inbox.

mwangi njuguna
2nd Nov 2011, 13:07
Wait...wait...now i see it!, blahdy hotmail and their spam filters! scared me half to death!!

mwangi njuguna
2nd Nov 2011, 13:10
BIG UP @Skyguy, my man!, remind me to buy you a cold one in s.a,ha ha!... phew!

Sky Guy
2nd Nov 2011, 13:18
:ok: @Mwangi_Njuguna though how do you know I'm not a woman using the word "guy" as a troll?! Just messing man, it's all good. How's your heart now?

Regardless, what's this about CVs?! Other than personal information, it's not like what we did way back when is any useful!

mwangi njuguna
2nd Nov 2011, 13:31
@skyguy,my heart is just fine now thanks, bt man i need a tot of jack to calm my nerves..., the cv i think is just a background on you plus your next of kin's contacts, nothing special...

3rd officer
2nd Nov 2011, 13:59
how do you check for spam on hotmail? I have not gotten any mail!!!!

mwangi njuguna
2nd Nov 2011, 14:32
@3rd officer, check that folder called junk....

3rd officer
2nd Nov 2011, 14:41
im really depressed ryt now. no email. no spam. no nothing. its the worst feeling ever. I called the doctor n they tried contacting everyone who failed the medical but couldnt get through some. Im feeling really really sad. :bored:but thats not the end of life. just have to move on and forget the past. Some things hurt, but you have to be strong. Life's a bitch.

mwangi njuguna
2nd Nov 2011, 14:55
hey @3rd officer, if you haven't received any communication, don't give up yet, think of those who've already been told they're out......you haven't.....my advice, go to KQ, call them , whateva, but confirm, you never know, maybe your name got mixed up somewhere....TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS MAN, ONLY THEN GIVE UP.:=:=:=

Flyangry
2nd Nov 2011, 16:58
@Dravida i posted that a while back...go through the posts bro.
@3rdofficer i haven't got a call or any email since the update either. Just cross your fingers and pray man...i am too.
Who's not got the cv email?

CAPT GOLF
2nd Nov 2011, 17:55
3rd officer all is not lost,just find out what the problem was if at all the doctor told you anything......things can be remedied had a friend who failed the medicals on first attempt requested for another and went through....it depends with what the doctor told you....what did he tell you?.If he did not tell you anything just cross your fingers..there are people who have been called after a while....people who initially had thought all was gone.....i feel for you men....i know how anxious you are!

3rd officer
2nd Nov 2011, 19:13
untill the fat lady sings:D
we aren't counting Achieng Abura.

F.O dravida
3rd Nov 2011, 01:53
@mwanginjuguna @skyguy....do you guys already have all your documents in order????.... my passport is not out yet and they've given us a deadline of Friday morning....If anyone has a contact at immigration plaese post the necessary info that would help me get the passport within a day!!! I had applied for it last Wednesday and it is due next week.....@ flyangry....have you received any message from them after you confirmed that you have your documentation already with you???.... as for those without mail....the group that went on August. ...some guys didn't receive the email. one of them went to international house and found that they had missplaced his documents....the other one had been chucked coz of something minor like tonsillitis but he was able to vybe them and both of them are in SA as we speak.so I'd advice you guys to either call the doc today or go there in person to enquire whether you made the medical .....also try calling egla...she might be of help....those going to push for passports lets meet at nyayo house!.... nice time to all

mwangi njuguna
3rd Nov 2011, 05:21
@dravida, i already have my docs ready, applied for them back when we did the aptitude tests...by faith yaani...

Flyangry
3rd Nov 2011, 05:47
@Dravida...yeah man. Since i confirmed that i had all my documents ready, i haven't got a communication from them. But i got egla's number yesternight (thanks to some helpful friend) so i'm gonna hit her up today i ask what's happening regarding my status. As for getting your passport before tomorrow i'll ask my boss to help out- his friend works in immigration so i'll get back to you on this one.
@3rd officer i think we should call if you haven't already? I'll call egla by 1 if nothing's happened.

F.O dravida
3rd Nov 2011, 07:43
@flyangry...thanks for your effort...I got my passport today morning...:ok:as for calling them.....I think you should wait since they gave us a deadline of tommorrow morning,Im quite sure they will communicate by tommorrow evening.......if you still decide to call her.let us know her feedback...and just some info I got from a guy that is in south already...they filled in the loan forms even before going for the oral interview.....and no one was chuked from orals anyway....so I,m hoping they do that with our group too....

mwangi njuguna
3rd Nov 2011, 09:20
How are you guys updating kq on the docs, lyk passport no. and the cv? email? and if so, the ab initio one? as attachments? in person maybe? halla at me, im stumped.

Flyangry
3rd Nov 2011, 09:34
@Dravida i already called them. They told me to go to the clinic- which i did. Good news @3rd officer they've not finished contacting everyone. The company doctor has just finished the first batch of those who've progressed the medicals...she's still going over the rest of them. I've been told either pass or fail EVERYONE will be contacted within the course of next week. Just pray...

F.O dravida
3rd Nov 2011, 09:57
@flyangry..what did the doc tell you your problem was??? you hadn't received the email telling you about passing the medicals yet?...about updating them,,,CV ...Ive just created a CV with the info that they have asked for...nothing fancy...just the basic details....and Im replying through the address that they sent us the inquiries with.....hope that sheds some light for you @mwanginjuguna

Mark5
3rd Nov 2011, 11:51
if some other guys will be communicated to next week about their medicals, why the hurry and short notices then? aren't we supposed to fly out together? am I the only one who still doesn't have their passport or even the number?

jameselevun
3rd Nov 2011, 15:50
It feels kind of weird not being a part of this anymore,but to all of you I wish you the best of luck!!hopefully...God willing we might meet up sometime next year!!remember the hard work has just began!!

Flyangry
3rd Nov 2011, 16:25
@Dravida she told me my problem was i had an irregular breathing pattern. My xray was perfect then the lung function test contradicted the same. So i've been referred to a chest specialist in Nairobi Hosp tomorrow for a second opinion :/ God be with me. If all is well i'll fly out with you guys-if not i'll get treated and hopefully join you when/if i can.
Godspeed gentlemen

3rd officer
4th Nov 2011, 09:04
does anybody know egla's number? the doc said am ok but i havent gotten any contact yet.

F.O dravida
4th Nov 2011, 16:55
@ mwanginjuguna I haven't yet got the email and i have my passport already???? just tell me David is one of the names you saw......:uhoh: Alternatively you would do us a big favor and post first names that you saw....did the email contain any other information....like about the orals or something???

Gy7.
7th Nov 2011, 14:20
An airplane pilot dies at the controls. He goes to Hell. The devil takes him to the 'newly arrived' area. There are three doors, marked 1, 2, and 3. The devil tells the pilot that he is going to get to choose his own hell, but first, the devil has to take care of something first, and disappears (http://miteshasher.********.com/2010/09/good-jokes-shortest-runway.html). The curious pilot looks behind door number one. He sees a pilot going through flight checks for all eternity. He looks behind door number two, and he sees a pilot that forever finds himself trying to resolve emergency situations. He looks behind the last door, and sees a Captain being waited on hand and foot by scantily-clad stewardesses.

The devil returns just as the pilot gets back to his waiting position. He offers the pilot a choice of door number one or two.

The pilot says, "I wanted door number three!" "Sorry," replies the devil, "that's 'flight attendant's hell'."

Sky Guy
7th Nov 2011, 14:24
Aah guys (and girl?) don't be so bored [Yes I know, look who's talking]. With that 97.091276% 2 weeks really is enough time to do whatever is left.
Got to get those reports to SA, get some forms from SA, facilitate the visa application process, organize with the embassy, blah blah bureaucracy, blah blah Tomorrow maybe?

Sky Guy
7th Nov 2011, 14:27
ROFLMAO at Gy7 post above. :D

3rd officer
7th Nov 2011, 18:12
I still haven't gotten any e-mail confirming the medicals results. BUT, the HR sent me an email asking about the passport which is somewhere still cooking in Nyayo house. Does anybody have any contacts at immigration? My passport number is needed tomorrow.

JBROOKES
9th Nov 2011, 08:50
oral interviews on friday, check your emails. . . .and we meet there guys

Ndambz
9th Nov 2011, 10:35
Truly Gods grace is sufficient.
We are on to the orals now..., who could have thought that we reach this far? personally I didn't even think I would go all the way!! We should be humbled by this blessing.
See you guys on Friday!!!

Sky Guy
9th Nov 2011, 10:57
Cool. Is there anyone who passed the medical but has not received the email yet?

3rd officer
9th Nov 2011, 16:02
I dont have the results for the medical but i still got the invitation to the oral interview. I DONT HAVE A PASSPORT YET!!! anyone else?

Flyangry
10th Nov 2011, 05:34
@SkyGuy what's up?
I haven't got the email either but i understand what my issue might be- i was just cleared by the aviation doc on Tuesday...so i guess we should just wait?

But i'm still pushing my stuff so hopefully today a miracle will happen.
To the rest CONGRATS...We've all come a long way from aptitudes...:/

Sky Guy
10th Nov 2011, 07:18
False alarm folks. I got the email later on. But I'll tell you right now, I do NOT trust email accounts anymore (although I'm quite sure my account isnt at fault - because of history) Anyway, Fly Angry if you were cleared, then all I can say is see you in SA. Even if they don't squeeze you in tomorrow, you will come down there eventually. Good luck :ok:

Chevchelios
10th Nov 2011, 09:58
Congrats to you all who've made it thus far!! Anyone know when the next round of interviews will be? I want to go soooo ham on them!!!

Flyangry
10th Nov 2011, 15:39
Hey...
@SkyGuy...they fit me in. I'll see you guys all tomorrow :D
Thank God :D

Went on a marathon to get everything in order but i'm truly lucky and blessed to have done all that ish in less than three hours

RedEyeDriver
10th Nov 2011, 21:38
Hi guys,

Anyone know if the company hires or will hire any foreigners in the future, many thanks and best of luck to all of you selected.

Sky Guy
11th Nov 2011, 16:33
Well, union action a few years back prevented a number of hired expats from joining the ranks, but apparently KQ advertised that it is going to have to hire about 60/70 expat captains in the near future (see alternate thread going on) if there really aren't any experienced-enough captains.

CAPT GOLF
13th Nov 2011, 16:18
Hey update us on how it went down on friday.....at the orals with the captains.....why has everyone gone silent.Approximately when could you guys be leaving for SA?

Chevchelios
13th Nov 2011, 16:28
I think they're leaving sometime before the 25th..Cpt.Golf u also applied?

CAPT GOLF
13th Nov 2011, 17:47
Yeah i applied way back ....like four months ago....ive been waiting and its been like forever...i just want them to go so they can get our things rolling

Chevchelios
13th Nov 2011, 18:06
You should have been invited for the interviews by now Capt.Golf!! Are you sure your application is ok? When do you think the next round of interviews will be?

CAPT GOLF
14th Nov 2011, 02:26
As soon as they leave......its been a while but..trust me..kq takes that long to call people...we can only hope...when did you apply?

Chevchelios
14th Nov 2011, 06:54
Capt. Golf I highly doubt there will be interviews in December.. for obvious reasons plus the KQ portal says that the next shortlist for direct entry pilots will be in January. That might also mean the next ab initio shortlist will also be in Jan..but I'm just guessing... I applied early last year by the way, got the invite for the interviews but did not attend any of the interviews...do you think that will afffect my chances of being shortlisted?

CAPT GOLF
14th Nov 2011, 08:43
If you have applied again there shouldnt be a problem....they will shortlist and call you again.About the interviews...i think they usually go all year round....so they might still be shortlisting for december moreover....direct entry and ab initios are operated in different departments

3rd officer
14th Nov 2011, 14:50
I hate the inefficiency of this government. They wanted proof that I am Kenyan!!! Apparently my names dont sound Kenyan!!!! :suspect:

jbayfan
14th Nov 2011, 15:42
Does anyone know what hours one obtains in South Africa? How many total hours, how many multi hours?

Chevchelios
15th Nov 2011, 06:04
I hope you are right Capt. Golf about the next round of interviews being in December. So the whole 'If you went through the process unsuccessfully in the past 48 months you will not be considered' thing does not apply to me if I did not attend any of the interviews last year?

Chevchelios
16th Nov 2011, 18:42
My bad Chicharito. Meant to say 24 months..what you say about the next round of interviews makes a lot of sense. I personally think the next round will be in January but you never know..as long as they come though I'm easy. Do you think the whole 24 months thing is gonna mess me up? Was invited for the interviews in February last year but skived..

Terminatar
17th Nov 2011, 08:59
Why do these people have to keep us in suspense.they should be sincere and tell us upfront about the departure date.

Gy7.
18th Nov 2011, 11:35
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gifThe pride of Africa boasts of 72.6% on time departures.
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif January cant be that bad!

Chevchelios
20th Nov 2011, 13:40
Yo Gy7 I read in your posts that you'd also applied some time last year? Were you invited for the interviews then? What went down?

Ranx
21st Nov 2011, 04:03
Got any news about this week for those who applied for the loan?

Ndambz
21st Nov 2011, 09:32
"few of you may not have the school of choice due vacancies and requirements from the respective schools" :ugh:

Elpheba
21st Nov 2011, 14:10
Does anyone know whether someone can reapply to the KQ ab initio training after a failed first attempt at stage 2 (That mechanic paper was a killer)

Can I try again cause I've just seen an announcement for the program with a Dec 30th deadline!

Anyone? Do I Take 2????

Chevchelios
23rd Nov 2011, 00:34
Yours should be pretty straight forward Elpheba if as Hernandez says you've malizad 24 months. Where did you see the announcement?

Ndambz
1st Dec 2011, 08:12
Why aren't people posting anything here nowadays? please do so that we have something to discuss.....

jameselevun
1st Dec 2011, 09:45
This network is too quiet,or have people already changed their location to bhisho and P.E.!!:):)

BloodLEM
1st Dec 2011, 11:58
We'll tell you the actual date of travel by tomorrow. blah!blah! These people got to be :mad: serious bout this date.

BloodLEM
1st Dec 2011, 13:04
Like they read my post. The date is known.

Elpheba
14th Dec 2011, 12:46
Hey Javier. Thanks. I think i'll try it out again. And hopefully get my mechanics revision in order. Lol.

I saw the Announcement on their website.

Deadline is New Years.

Ps. I was going to apply for 43rd's Jan 21st intake (I called) ...but apparently KQ has booked most of the places for it's cadets. Hope this is Useful.

Chevchelios
14th Dec 2011, 18:00
Again I ask.. anyone know when the next round o interviews are likely to start? Javier? Elpheba?

Elpheba
19th Dec 2011, 15:15
Hello again. So I sent in my application!!! Yeeeeh!! Fingers crossed. All prayers said.Wanted to know though is the Interview process still the same?

Papers at the Airforce Base? (I forgot which ones they were. HELP)

Medical, Aptitude etc etc?

@Javier...I thought the last recruits would be the ones heading down for that January Intake. Do you think it's the people applying now?

fly_my_bro
21st Dec 2011, 05:46
Hi everyone,

Can anyone direct me on where applications should be done?
I am looking out for my bro, who just finished high school and his dream is to just fly.

Any lead will be most appreciated.

CAPT GOLF
2nd Jan 2012, 12:03
HAPPY NEW YEAR....fellow pilot wanna bes.....lets hope that it comes with good tidings for all of us......lets hope that KQ.....calls us soon its been seven months sisnce i applied and i hav not heard a thing from them ....anyone knows when they could be callin guys

andycapp
5th Jan 2012, 17:30
:D Thanks to Capt Golf and Javier for breaking the silence here. Word on the grapevine is that the next batch is expected in SA in March. So interviews should begin this month. Looks like the game is about to begin. As my man Jeff Koinange says; Sssit back folksss!!!

Qenn Kibetu
8th Jan 2012, 08:15
Hey guys.... would like to know where the KQ ab-initio trainees for 2012 will be going, Progress or 43???

andycapp
8th Jan 2012, 17:01
It has got to be 43. Nearly all prior groups have gone to 43. But I'm not absolutely certain.

Elpheba
9th Jan 2012, 09:09
Happy New Year people!! Hoping you're all well. Praying for the Best this Brand new Year. @Qenn Kibetu...I think it will be 43 but a reliable source tells me that Progress still has guys for KQ!!
Good luck to everyone who Applied for the Ab Initio program this year!! :ok:

JBROOKES
10th Jan 2012, 16:27
In my opinion I think the next batch will be coming to 43 air school, probably before end of the 1st quarter. That should mean that you will be starting your interviews any time from now. I would like to wish you all the best,and i hope to see you down south soon.

CAPT GOLF
13th Jan 2012, 07:41
Am told kenya airways is in no particular hurry to recruit ab initio....its busy upgrading its captain crew......so patience is but our only weapon to this!!.....we gotta wait a hell longer

Chevchelios
13th Jan 2012, 19:48
I'm finding it hard to believe that the HR department at KQ can't multi-task. Just because they are expanding their captain(s) crew does not mean they will sleep on the ab initio program. My best guess is the invitation for the interviews will come before the end of this month. If they do not then maybe you are right..

barbz
14th Jan 2012, 09:31
i sengt my applications august 2011 and i have not gotten any information on interviews if any one gets news let us#anxious but hopeful
Goodluck luck to all applicants and hope that God sees us through.

kativo
21st Jan 2012, 13:34
Relax guys , with analysis of this thread the next interview call will be around 10th February. Come on , who wants to bet?:E

jameselevun
23rd Jan 2012, 09:10
Patience is key people!!some of us have had to learn about this the hard way!!!just keep praying and hoping!!Let us see if this is going to be 'the year!!'

cardinalv
23rd Jan 2012, 17:17
We should remain calm and await the kq HR dept to do their job and only pray and hope for the best for us all.The uncertainities will end soon I hope.

paul kariuki
27th Jan 2012, 03:40
hey guys. Lets remain calm till we get the interview invites. Hopes this our year to see our selves in the cockpit

cmuli
27th Jan 2012, 06:16
how does the 24 months period apply? is it from the time you applied or the time you dropped out of the interview?

paul kariuki
27th Jan 2012, 19:15
@cmuli I have a friend of mine who is a student at JKUAT. He applied and was invited for kq interviews but he did not go for the phsycometric test simply becausethe date for interview coincided with that one for his university exams. So after enquiring from kq they urged that once you dont show up for an invited interview,you just have to wait for 24 months to be over before re-applying. I am not so sure whether its true so anybody with useful information please assist. I am also praying that the interview day will not coincide with that for my exams. Lets keep hoping for the best

CAPT GOLF
31st Jan 2012, 15:41
Its been like forever what is kenya airways upto?....'anyone?.....7months now

Elpheba
1st Feb 2012, 09:31
Hey guys.

So KQ haven't emailed yet. Sigh.

I've been on this "almost a pilot" tip for a while now so... Now am doing something about it.

My family and I have managed to come up with most of the amount I need to attend Progress Flight Academy this month. The 21st. Already got in.

Currently applying for my Visa.

I wanted to wish you all the very best as you embark on what I can only describe as a once in a lifetime journey. Follow your dreams!!

Be blessed.

Chevchelios
1st Feb 2012, 10:49
Or maybe KQ's done away with the ab initio program?

cardinalv
1st Feb 2012, 17:15
To land to your dream career should just wait however long but should forge ahead with what we currently doing.Hopes never die fellow potential high fliers.

CAPT GOLF
2nd Feb 2012, 04:16
Elpheba hw much is the whole course on personal sponsorship....i also want to take myself there......if kenya airways doesnt come through anytime soon!!

Elpheba
2nd Feb 2012, 09:26
Guys am pretty sure KQ hasn't scrapped it's AB Initio course so sit tight. It may not happen now....but it'll happen.

@Capt. Golf It costs a little under 5.5Ksh And that's until you're at the Frozen Atpl level. Plus Airfare, medicals, Visa etc.

farmwe
3rd Feb 2012, 14:26
when are the next interviews??am tired of waiting.....just hope they wunt come during my exams

paul kariuki
10th Feb 2012, 12:28
Kq has extended its closing date for the application of the ab initio upto 31st DEC 2012. I just saw it in their website........meaning that may be they will invite us for the interviews next year. Thats too long guys..

CAPT GOLF
10th Feb 2012, 13:53
Paul thats not what it means.....what it essentially means is that they have reopened the programme for people to apply...even last year the deadline for appliation was 31DEC2011....infact this is a good sign that things will start rollin soon.....if i may ask where did you see this...homepage or?

Chevchelios
10th Feb 2012, 16:08
I agree with Cpt. Golf. Thats a very good sign!! Interviews should be starting very soon.

paul kariuki
10th Feb 2012, 21:21
CAPT GOLF, I JUST READ IT ON THE KQ AB INITIO PILOT TRAINEE APPLICATION FORM. ITS BETTER THAT THEY INVITE US FOR THE INTERVIEWS SOON. I WAS WORRIED, YOU CAN BET.:cool:

kativo
12th Feb 2012, 10:50
Something's got to give, hopefully this week fellas.

Evroza
12th Feb 2012, 12:30
Been waiting for the interviews for so long. Who has been in contact with Elga? Anybody with an Idea when we might be called?

paul kariuki
13th Feb 2012, 06:23
@ kativo.....your 10 th feb prediction bounced. you sure the interviews are set to begin next week? lets bet as we wait......hehehe

CHRIS OMONDI
13th Feb 2012, 11:45
I also bet it will start next month.:ok:Patience is a great thing to have.

Daniel john
16th Feb 2012, 12:13
Wat's good people. I'm new here. So when exactly are them interviews set to start?

CHRIS OMONDI
16th Feb 2012, 12:54
I think sometime in march.I don't think it will come in Feb,but i still stand to be corrected.

Evroza
16th Feb 2012, 21:35
I am betting on next week. Just stay put guyz...you neva know what to expect:=

kativo
18th Feb 2012, 11:53
@ whoever , if i had put money where my mouth is i would have lost big time, sucks , but i'm still betting on this month. There is just something about the month of February ...., or if you'd look at the previous posts even a dummy could tell .... Cheers .:E

Capt. Bill
21st Feb 2012, 20:20
Anybody looking to try out the Cathay Pacific cadet program.... apply now
on the application form state that you want to be interviewed in Kenya (it is asked in the application form)
all the best
Cathay Pacific - Careers : Careers Home (http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_INTL/careers/flying/flight_deck_crew)

farmwe
22nd Feb 2012, 03:28
where exactly do i apply?for the application form to no avail

CAPT WAMAISH
22nd Feb 2012, 15:54
Pilots lets try even this one.you never know where your luck lies.I have applied it already.

CAPT GOLF
23rd Feb 2012, 05:11
please post the cathay atlantic link......been trying to check it out to no avial.....and then just a question is the programme for ab initios or for folks who are already pilots

Chevchelios
23rd Feb 2012, 10:17
Looks like people have started giving up on KQ.

paul kariuki
24th Feb 2012, 07:30
Its not loosing hope. Just trying luck on both ways.............:ok:

CAPT WAMAISH
24th Feb 2012, 10:48
its for the AB INITIOS not the pilots.@capt golf,the link is already posted by capt bill.

Evroza
24th Feb 2012, 18:03
applied for it but it asked for my passport number and i haven't applied for one yet so i filled in my ID number

vikkybolt
26th Feb 2012, 15:46
does anyone have an idea if the interviews have already began for the position that closed end of last year??

mogozchumba
27th Feb 2012, 11:39
any news? I read on fri paper that application r on 4 the nxt applications
. I think it is anytime soon.

Evroza
2nd Mar 2012, 17:04
Hey guys check your emails! I have received an invitation for the aptitude tests on 7th march. Thank you God! I hope this is the start of a new chapter in my life!Best of wishes to all with the green light!

farmwe
2nd Mar 2012, 17:13
Me too
i have been invited for the aptitude test on 7th March at 7.30 am:)

CHRIS OMONDI
2nd Mar 2012, 17:51
TO Evroza and Farmwe, when did you apply?

Evroza
2nd Mar 2012, 18:07
Chris: I did apply on 23rd December last year. Have you been invited? If not just take heart n keep waiting. They are most probably still sending them. My email says it was sent just 1hour ago. So just stick to your guns. All the best. When did you apply?

CHRIS OMONDI
2nd Mar 2012, 21:50
I apppled 29th of feb.so probably i'll be called in one or two months time

Maingi
3rd Mar 2012, 07:03
Just received invitation to attend an aptitude test at KQ on 6th. Anyone else?

CAPT GOLF
3rd Mar 2012, 07:30
they sent you the invite today??....on a weekend....maybe by evening we'll be invited

Daniel john
3rd Mar 2012, 08:23
haven't got mine either. hopefully its just a matter of time.

Evroza
3rd Mar 2012, 09:05
Maingi: Since mine is on 7th I'l' be expecting some peek preview of what to expect.:8 . When did you apply by the way? I hope we'll all make the cut to the top 100 to proceed the psychometric's good luck everyone :ok:

paul kariuki
3rd Mar 2012, 09:53
I got email invite for the interview on 6th march..... what kind of questions are we to expect? how many interviewees do they need to proceed to the next level? please guys assist.

CHRIS OMONDI
3rd Mar 2012, 10:08
I'd like to know when MAINGI and PAUL KARIUKI applied for the thing?when?:hmm:

CHRIS OMONDI
3rd Mar 2012, 10:51
BTW can one go with the result slip instead of the certificate.i hear you can do that.is it true?

Evroza
3rd Mar 2012, 12:07
Paul. They'll take around 100 guys for the psychometric test. but we'll be waiting to hear from you what questions to expect because our is a day later. Best of luck. Chris, I also think they might accept the results slip but i dont wanna risk it. On monday I'll be heading over to school for my certificate :=

Maingi
3rd Mar 2012, 12:46
I applied on 24th November 2011. Sure, I'll keep u posted. Wishing you the very best.

Maingi
3rd Mar 2012, 12:48
I applied on the 24th of November 2011.

mogozchumba
3rd Mar 2012, 13:07
also invited 2 go on 6th.

cardinalv
3rd Mar 2012, 14:03
not yet received any info/invite yet.congrats to the guys who ave been invited n good luck:ok:

Evroza
3rd Mar 2012, 14:08
Mogz: you are another 1! teusday afternoon we'l be expecting you first lot guys with the inside story

Evroza
3rd Mar 2012, 14:12
Cardinaly: praying for you guys too. The uncertainty can be frustrating

cardinalv
3rd Mar 2012, 14:15
I applied last year nov 23rd .Is there another shortlist this year?

Daniel john
3rd Mar 2012, 16:44
i applied in oct. i'm hoping anytime now.

Gwabbz
3rd Mar 2012, 16:58
congrats to all who have been called for the aptitude test. My advice to you guys is, when doin the papers, you have to be quick and accurate. Speed is mandatory!! You should also be conversant with relative speed in maths. Check the 1st post in this thread, it has more details on what to expect. All the best!

paul kariuki
3rd Mar 2012, 18:21
Chris, i applied on 1st Nov last year.

Evroza
3rd Mar 2012, 20:20
Best of luck. As for the ones who have'nt been called you might receive your invites today. Trust me, it happens! An infact you might be the first lot on monday

odericko2000
3rd Mar 2012, 22:22
Hi All,
May i request you fellas to please tone it down with the text speak, its
a bit embarrassing considering most of you are aspiring professional pilots
key word here being "professional", debating and contributing on a professional forum, this isn't facebook boys, the fact that you are shortlisted indicates you are
sharp people and in a few years maybe the face of KQ pilots, sorry if i am being an a@#%e, but the text speak is already reflecting on your use of grammar and inability to punctuate your sentences properly:\

Beyond that i can only wish all of you the very best in your selection process, and for those who will make it, Blue side up, ALWAYS:ok: and looking forward to flying with you!:E

paul kariuki
4th Mar 2012, 06:39
Ayone who knows how I can land to KQ headquarters, Embakasi, from Juja without passing through the town? I heard that one can get a matatu at the Ruiru bypass then go to Ruai from where you can go to Embakasi. Anybody conversant with the routes is this true because I would like to avoid the town traffic jam?

paul kariuki
4th Mar 2012, 12:52
Farmwe when are you going for the apttitude test?

farmwe
4th Mar 2012, 13:09
on 7th....
do you have a feeling that the kq tests will at one point crash with the cats and examinations?

paul kariuki
4th Mar 2012, 13:24
Farmwe that is what I am afraid of, you can bet. The examinations are set to start on next month, and I am praying hard that they may not coincide with the kq interviews. Thanks to God I have a CAT on Wednesday but I was invited by KQ on Tuesday. See me on Tuesday evening, will give you the inside story of what to expect.

paul kariuki
4th Mar 2012, 14:06
Farmwe H-3, R-68. I here physics questions are usually tested, oops, my secondary school physics evaporated, time to condense it back to my head.

Evroza
4th Mar 2012, 20:25
Paul, from what I hear you should be able to Ace the paper. Its just basic stuff dont go into form 3 and 4 work: you'll be wasting your time. Best of luck. As for Farmwe, see you on Wednesday

captain chico
5th Mar 2012, 06:43
For those going for the Interviews on 6th and 7th, if you need help about the content of the Interviews, Inbox me. All the best guys.

Evroza
5th Mar 2012, 17:48
I am from Nakuru and dont really know my way around Nai. Is the Head Office along the North Airpoirt Road? google maps gives me nothing and i can't contemplate being late. Help, anyone!? :ugh:

CAPT WAMAISH
5th Mar 2012, 17:50
As for me I would like to wish all those who recieved the mails all the best. For us it seems we better try another time but I do not know why I never recieved.Anybody with an idea please help.

Muchiri david
5th Mar 2012, 18:57
Hi guys. I got an email from kq which required me to scan my ID and forward it to them. I did that in 30 mins time so by 1pm i was through. Should I expect to be called for interviews? Anyone. Thanks in advance.

Evroza
5th Mar 2012, 21:14
Thanks Chris, I got the directions by searching back through the thread. As for Muchiri: haven't heard of anyone asked to scan their ID. Good luck to everyone

bururia v
6th Mar 2012, 06:44
I also got the email asking for a scanned copy of my ID. But so far no reply.

CHRIS OMONDI
6th Mar 2012, 06:52
when they tell you to scan your id and forwarded it to them,do you do that by sending it to the same email address?

Muchiri david
6th Mar 2012, 08:01
@Omondi. Yes I did send it to the same e-mail. In fact, i simply replied with the copy. >Bururia; did u do that too? I jst hope something positive will come our way.

bururia v
6th Mar 2012, 08:26
Yes. Forwarded it to the same email.

FOFPilot
6th Mar 2012, 11:08
Hey Guys,

Just wondering, is it just me who has problems with the iRecruitment website for Kenya Airways. Sometimes it loads up and then sometimes I get a very annoying error page. Also, I applied but I did not get a confirmation email.

Today I logged on to the page and I saw a link "offer details" but when I try to open, the annoying error page pops up again.. any clue what to do??

Cheers..

Evroza
6th Mar 2012, 12:58
@Fof, If you are behind a firewall try disabling it. Also it might be a problem with your connection speed: how fast is it? If on a mobile phone try using a PC. If all these fail try a different computer:ok:

CHRIS OMONDI
6th Mar 2012, 16:10
HEY, i also didn't get a confirmation email.but my status says it's active.do you have to get a confirmation email?anyone?

Evroza
6th Mar 2012, 16:54
Chris. I didn't get one but i got called anyway. As long as your status reads. Active. As for todays lot. How about some juice

CHRIS OMONDI
6th Mar 2012, 17:04
guys who did aptitude today.how was it.load us some information

mogozchumba
7th Mar 2012, 04:10
all the best for those who are going for the aptitude tests today.keep time.:ok::ok:

kelvin macharia
7th Mar 2012, 12:49
Hi guys-i have always wished to be a pilot all my life-i swear i wont give up:= i know and i believe that one day they will invite me for the interview i will check my email account every day-and i know i will do my best

lostangel
7th Mar 2012, 16:59
how does one apply in the first place..is the recruitment on ?!:confused:

lostangel
7th Mar 2012, 17:00
hey kevin...i knw u dont knw me..i dont knw u either,..is the application on ? help

Evroza
8th Mar 2012, 02:57
@ Kelvin, the passion will keep you strong and waiting. Never give up! @lost angel. Go to the careers page on KQ website and register. you are then eligible to apply for the programme. Interviews commenced this week so you may be called during the next batch of interviews.
As for everyone else who went for the aptitudes: see you tomorrow. I am hoping we will all make it.

judygladys
8th Mar 2012, 06:34
@Evrosa all the best too. iI am very eager:(

Chevchelios
8th Mar 2012, 07:27
People who did their aptitude on Tuesday I hear mails for Psychometric have started getting in. Anyone who's gotten theirs?

Evroza
8th Mar 2012, 07:44
@Judy, if this was meant for us then nothing will stop us from getting there. By the way wen did you take it. Yesterday or the day before

mogozchumba
8th Mar 2012, 08:03
Mails have come me i've just got mine the interview is tommorow.cheers guys.:ok:

JMwaura
8th Mar 2012, 08:05
Hello People,
I finished High School last year, and I'm glad to say that I passed well and have the qualifications needed to apply for the KQ ab initio programme.
Problem is, I am not clear on how to go about it. I have visited the Kenya Airways site a few times but things still remain unclear. can someone please advise me hoe one can go about applying for the programme, step by step. Thanks for your time. :)

pilotkenya
8th Mar 2012, 10:32
i did my aptitude on Wednesday but i havent gotten any response....is there anyone from wednesday who has gotten the invite??? because i think its only the Tuesday people who have gotten a response.

CHRIS OMONDI
8th Mar 2012, 10:54
People who still don't know how to apply,go to Kenya Airways - The Pride of Africa (http://www.Kenya-airways.com).Click on careers section on the top right corner.Click on the recruitment portal.Register if you haven't registered.Put in your personal details there.Don't forget your passport number or ID number.They are one of the most important things there.Save your information.

Search for the job you want to apply for in the jobs search section.If the ab initio refuses to come,you can do this.

Go down until you reach click Here to apply.double click there and it will take you to the Kenya airways website where you can put everything they need.

Hope this is comprehensive enough:ok:

judygladys
8th Mar 2012, 12:40
CONGRATULATIONS for those who have been mailed already:D. @Evroza I also did my aptitude test yesterday,I have got no any feedback till now:confused:

mogozchumba
8th Mar 2012, 12:41
Thanx evroza.i will pray for you and your group. Cheers and thanx for the exchange of ideas so far:ok:

pilotkenya
8th Mar 2012, 13:53
we are supposed 2do the psychometric tests on Friday but its weird that the wednesday's group havn't goten any reply. Unles ours wil be done on Saturday

Evroza
8th Mar 2012, 17:22
Text, anybody?

mogozchumba
8th Mar 2012, 17:29
Wat about the text?

judygladys
8th Mar 2012, 17:57
As in you got a text or what is it?

Evroza
8th Mar 2012, 18:11
Note yet, just inquiring if anybody has gotten it yet.
@Judy: i guess this is the dawn of a new era; its the first time a female is taking part in this thread. Which of the ladies were you by the way?

judygladys
9th Mar 2012, 08:49
@Evroza iI was among the four girls who sat for their tests on Wednesday,dont worry you will get to know me with time if things will turn to my favour. @Mogoz and the rest who will sit for their Psychometric today,all the best:ok:. and you please tell us whether some people who were in the last group also did their tests today.:(:(

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 09:32
@judy, copy that. Damn thee people know how to test your patience. Right now am like this huge nervous wreck! Would they by any chance be conducting Saturday interview or do w have to wait till next week. Hope there was no one from our lot today :confused:

pilotkenya
9th Mar 2012, 09:46
this is depressing...i have called 3 people from wednesdays group and they are all saying they havent gotten any response.:{

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 10:18
@Mogoz. we were 56, how many were you? did you do the tests at DEFTEC?

mogozchumba
9th Mar 2012, 10:38
Yeah we did it at DEFTEC.

pilotkenya
9th Mar 2012, 11:13
i guess the day is over and we have to wait till Monday. this is going to be the longest weekend ever.:ugh:

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 11:14
@mogz, how many were you on teusday? I think I've heard enough trembling for a day, can't go into the weekend like this. Anybody got a number i could dial?

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 11:36
So i just spoke to HR. She was careful not divulge anything of interest. Just said that they will get back at us. They have been busy all week conducting the interviews so they might not be able to contact everybody but by next week if you are still in you should have either received a text or an email.
For those who went today, when were you told the psychomotor's would be?

pilotkenya
9th Mar 2012, 11:59
thank you Evroza.....that eased me out a little bit!!! i just hope they respond by sunday manze its streessssing!!!!!!!!

mogozchumba
9th Mar 2012, 12:15
They said psychomotor will be on 19th or 20th.

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 12:20
that seems like a good thing. Guess that gives about enough time to fit in another interview in between

judygladys
9th Mar 2012, 13:28
you people now listen to this, i have talked to two of my friends (in the wednesday's group) and they told me they were called for the interview today at 12:45PM. They've just done with it right now. But @Evroza please help me with that number I also dial it,:(

pilotkenya
9th Mar 2012, 14:28
judy how were they contacted?????.....i think i know need that no. i want to call too!!!!!!!!

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 14:44
Judy, you can't be serious. i guess thats it for us. So much for dreams.:sad: How exactly were they contacted and how many were they?:{ wel wai a minute i get you the number

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 14:47
0711022000 press 2 for HR

judygladys
9th Mar 2012, 14:49
@Pilot, they were emailed. Its long gone,I fear I might have lost it .I am looking foward for the next intake.:D:D:D:Dfor the people proceeding with their interviews!!!

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 14:57
Judy am guessing you didn't read what was here before this

pilotkenya
9th Mar 2012, 15:02
mee too....i give up!!!!!!! all the best to the guys who succeeded!!!! bye
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 15:08
Pilot: you might wanna write down everything you remember about the apptitudes because am pretty sure it will be the same paper come November:ok:

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 15:12
This one too has to go

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 15:30
Well, when they are calling interviewees my assumption is that they run a search in their database and not go through piles of answer sheets from the previous lots. Well am doing it anyway.

pilotkenya
9th Mar 2012, 16:28
all the best evroza.........!!!!! keep me informed with watever comes out.

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 16:36
Damn right i will! ;)

Evroza
9th Mar 2012, 18:31
Let me guess you are high and just saw an angel