PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Flybe-V1 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/637085-flybe-v1.html)

SWBKCB 9th Feb 2022 19:01

What have Balpa actually said?

ETOPS 10th Feb 2022 13:55

First Cabin crew just completed their course and there's a press call early next week.

ATNotts 10th Feb 2022 13:59


Originally Posted by ETOPS (Post 11182579)
First Cabin crew just completed their course and there's a press call early next week.

Dash 8 was training again today out of BHX, has been for the last few days after a break in activity.

Announcement next week will hopefully put to bed some of the rumours - and of course allow the armchair CEOs to explain why this, that or the other route won't or can't work and how Flybe will be gone by (date to be announced)!

bean 10th Feb 2022 14:23

I Can't wait for the armchair ceos comments NOT

bean 10th Feb 2022 14:26


Originally Posted by ETOPS (Post 11182579)
First Cabin crew just completed their course and there's a press call early next week.

Good for Mrs Etops, seriously

BA318 10th Feb 2022 15:45


Originally Posted by ATNotts (Post 11182581)
Dash 8 was training again today out of BHX, has been for the last few days after a break in activity.

Announcement next week will hopefully put to bed some of the rumours - and of course allow the armchair CEOs to explain why this, that or the other route won't or can't work and how Flybe will be gone by (date to be announced)!

You know most people (even skeptics want them and all airlines to succeed). You can debate the viability of routes etc and the space in the market without needing to resort to name calling. Plenty of people on here work in business and have understanding about the market and the travel market.

ATNotts 10th Feb 2022 15:59

BA318

I don't doubt that, but equally many seem not to understand how businesses generally work.

Alteagod 10th Feb 2022 19:04

Just let them get on with it. The market will decide the future

runway30 10th Feb 2022 19:11


Originally Posted by ATNotts (Post 11182623)
BA318

I don't doubt that, but equally many seem not to understand how businesses generally work.

I have known quite a few airline CEOs, real ones not armchair and there are a few of them whose eyes glaze over at the mention of finance.

ATNotts 10th Feb 2022 19:47


Originally Posted by runway30 (Post 11182707)
I have known quite a few airline CEOs, real ones not armchair and there are a few of them whose eyes glaze over at the mention of finance.

I seem to remember it being said some years ago that pilots shouldn't run airlines, but then there is a case for saying accountants shouldn't either!

davidjohnson6 17th Feb 2022 14:05


Originally Posted by ETOPS (Post 11182579)
First Cabin crew just completed their course and there's a press call early next week.

Did the press call take place ? If not, when is the new date for it ?

Atlantic Explorer 17th Feb 2022 15:09


Originally Posted by davidjohnson6 (Post 11185629)
Did the press call take place ? If not, when is the new date for it ?

Well that’s the million dollar question! We keep being told by the (new) Flybe fans that everything will be revealed next week………but next week never seems to come.

Surely they can’t be planning a launch for S22, that window is quickly going as people are making plans now for summer. I wonder what their daily cash burn is right now with all the salaries outgoing with no income. Not insignificant I wouldn’t have thought.

SKOJB 17th Feb 2022 16:13

Alternatively there won’t be much start up required if they are only going to be serving 2 or 3 routes initially!

ATNotts 17th Feb 2022 16:48

Teams was probably down!!!

ETOPS 17th Feb 2022 18:13

First Belfast crew have graduated and third ‘frame arrives shorty so I would expect some sort of publicity soon.

Letsflycwl 17th Feb 2022 21:33

Be great to see Flybe back on the BHD-CWL route in the future !

Sharklet7 20th Feb 2022 15:45

Is there a Flybe announcement to be made at Belfast City this week?

A return is what we all expect the question is when?

Albert Hall 20th Feb 2022 16:11

I'm hearing that a Flybe announcement should be before month end but probably not this week - so that rather points towards Monday 28th! In the same snippet, I'd also heard there was some issue with the Heathrow slots but don't profess to know exactly what.

RHagrid 21st Feb 2022 14:53


Originally Posted by Albert Hall (Post 11187138)
I'm hearing that a Flybe announcement should be before month end but probably not this week - so that rather points towards Monday 28th! In the same snippet, I'd also heard there was some issue with the Heathrow slots but don't profess to know exactly what.

And On and On it goes!
Could somebody please wake me up when something actually happens!!!

OneBellEnd 21st Feb 2022 20:53

What’s not covered from Belfast now that a resurrection of BE could go after - Doncaster, Norwich? Or are they planning to bop up and slug it out toe to toe with the other regional airlines who are now operating these routes at BHD, two years after Flybe folded? If that’s the plan, hope the goldmine runs deep.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.