Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Stobart Air-2

Old 3rd Sep 2018, 16:45
  #281 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 7,253
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Has it been confirmed that the Flybe franchise is ending?
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 17:00
  #282 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,123
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB View Post
Has it been confirmed that the Flybe franchise is ending?
Mmm!
​​​I may have jumped the gun. But if their agreement with Flybe is to be extended I cannot see why the axe has fallen across so many routes.
DC3 Dave is online now  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 17:07
  #283 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,316
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB View Post
Has it been confirmed that the Flybe franchise is ending?
On Facebook I've seen a reply by the Flybe social media team saying that the Stobart routes are being finalised and will be onsale in a few weeks time.
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 17:17
  #284 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Outer London
Age: 42
Posts: 521
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
On Facebook I've seen a reply by the Flybe social media team saying that the Stobart routes are being finalised and will be onsale in a few weeks time.
The Southend Airport media team said Budapest would continue alongside EZY, look what happened there.
AirportPlanner1 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 17:27
  #285 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 1,316
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1 View Post


The Southend Airport media team said Budapest would continue alongside EZY, look what happened there.
I'm only repeating what I saw. Personally I think Flybe should drop franchises like Stobart and Eastern and concentrate on their own network rather than being criticised for other airlines delays. Might as well get criticised for just theirs!
PDXCWL45 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 19:07
  #286 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 778
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45 View Post
I'm only repeating what I saw. Personally I think Flybe should drop franchises like Stobart and Eastern and concentrate on their own network rather than being criticised for other airlines delays. Might as well get criticised for just theirs!
BE's franchise agreements have largely been a disaster and agree that they really need to get their own house in order first. Long standing issues that are well documented on this forum concerning Stobart Air must have caused a huge distraction to their core business and at a time when they need as much good publicity as they can. Retrenchment is the name of the game for BE at present and to operate profitable high frequency routes whilst reducing their fleet size to fit capacity. Clearly I am an outsider looking on in but I would guess that BE/Stobart are very ready to walk away from this arrangement, shake hands and move on!
stewyb is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 19:15
  #287 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Outer London
Age: 42
Posts: 521
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stewyb View Post
BE's franchise agreements have largely been a disaster
Maybe so but the problem with Stobart has solely been BEs own aircraft!
AirportPlanner1 is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2018, 19:49
  #288 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: The North
Posts: 44
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Willard Out!
STENDEC North is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2018, 06:37
  #289 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 476
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by compton3bravo View Post
Well said this Expressflight. Mik could please use the Queen's English not some German word for 'over'. Some might be led to believe it is a new taxi service!

Your comment gave me a chuckle. In a nutshell I take the points made, and trust me, we've had it out with Stobart Air and been less than satisfied with their attitude, and similarly that discussion shall remain confidential. Yes, I do monitor their punctuality scorecard and yes, I find it astonishing they have not grabbed these persistent tech issues by the scruff of the neck. You know, if the aircraft they operate have this very high frequency of tech issues, it does not take much to hop, skip, jump to thinking are their aircraft safe in flight? Thankfully, there have been no incidents, but their persistent aircraft issues and faults undermine confidence.
I'll park it there and close the issue.
mik3bravo is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2018, 07:02
  #290 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smoke and evacuation

Originally Posted by mik3bravo View Post

Your comment gave me a chuckle. In a nutshell I take the points made, and trust me, we've had it out with Stobart Air and been less than satisfied with their attitude, and similarly that discussion shall remain confidential. Yes, I do monitor their punctuality scorecard and yes, I find it astonishing they have not grabbed these persistent tech issues by the scruff of the neck. You know, if the aircraft they operate have this very high frequency of tech issues, it does not take much to hop, skip, jump to thinking are their aircraft safe in flight? Thankfully, there have been no incidents, but their persistent aircraft issues and faults undermine confidence.
I'll park it there and close the issue.
I'm pretty sure that if you look back at one particular airframe it has a history of glitches, one leading to smoke in the cabin and an evacuation which was not entirely successful. These 195's do seem to be "Friday afternoon" models.
asdf1234 is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2018, 12:46
  #291 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Antwerp
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antwerp to Southend going daily except Saturdays as of September 25th with new flights on Tuesday and Thursday leaving Antwerp at 18h00 (14h00 on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 15h30 on Sunday).
Avnu is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2018, 08:58
  #292 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: southend on sea
Posts: 70
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delayed Flight Compensation.

Would anyone have a good telephone number to contact Stobart Air on, so as to speak to a human being?
I have tried all the number they list, but no luck. I would like to discuss a delayed flight, but several emails have yet to be even acknowledged.

Or is another sign of there poor customer service???

PM me if you do not want to go public.
claron is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2018, 09:25
  #293 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 913
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if it was a flybe marketed flight operated by stobart - contact flybe
lfc84 is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2018, 09:47
  #294 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,159
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by claron View Post
Delayed Flight Compensation.
Would anyone have a good telephone number to contact Stobart Air on, so as to speak to a human being?
I have tried all the number they list, but no luck. I would like to discuss a delayed flight, but several emails have yet to be even acknowledged.
Or is another sign of there poor customer service???
Welcome to the realities of delayed flight compensation. Airlines are not interested to discuss your problem, let alone pay out. Therefore, they make it as difficult and painful for you to claim compensation. I remember the case of an airline that tried to force customers to print out a 12 page form with lots of black and grey (in order to penalize the disobedient customer by ruining his printer cartridge) to make a claim until it was sued by a consumer organization.

For the benefit of your life expectancy, you should submit your case to one of the specialized flight rights service providers. They will work on a no win no fee basis, but take a percentage of the payout in exchange for protecting your sanity.
virginblue is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2018, 09:52
  #295 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 7,253
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, you will have been a customer of either flybe or Aer Lingus - not Stobart, who don't operate flights in their own name. So poor customer service in not pointing you in the right direction!
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 12th Sep 2018, 10:10
  #296 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: southend on sea
Posts: 70
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe have already disowned the problem. they say any claim should be directed to Stobart Air, as the operator.
claron is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2018, 10:25
  #297 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 7,253
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
The airline you paid your money to and who issued the ticket are responsible.
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 12th Sep 2018, 10:50
  #298 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Age: 74
Posts: 2,598
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, without question if Flybe issued the ticket it's their responsibility for any flight delay compensation payment, regardless of the 'operated by' statement.
Expressflight is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2018, 12:14
  #299 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: southend on sea
Posts: 70
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Claim from the airline

Contact the airline this needs to be the airline operating the flight, even if you booked it through another airline.

Not according to citizens advise. Extract from there website.
claron is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2018, 12:27
  #300 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Escalate directly to the CAA

Originally Posted by claron View Post

Claim from the airline

Contact the airline this needs to be the airline operating the flight, even if you booked it through another airline.

Not according to citizens advise. Extract from there website.
The CAA is your friend here. Write to them with evidence of the emails that you sent to Stobart Air, and which they refused to answer. They will then kick them where it hurts and your claim will be resolved pdq.
asdf1234 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.