Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

BA pilots vote to strike

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

BA pilots vote to strike

Old 31st Aug 2019, 17:30
  #161 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by Sunamer View Post


Cant wait when automation (aka toyota for the pilots, while pilots behave like overpaid Detroit car manufacturing workers) takes over. And these guys are doing everything in their power to make that happen and to incentivize the employers to do that...
Overpaid pilot demanding pay raise = deserved pay raise due to harder work
Overpaid company ceo getting pay raise = greedy ceo stealing money because he can get away with it.
I hope you see the double standard. If not, you are already lost...
you bloody moron
Riskybis is offline  
Old 31st Aug 2019, 17:31
  #162 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: London
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by Busdriver01 View Post
11.5% (10.5%) payrise vs. 63% payrise. Even the worst mathematician can see that's not a "double standard"

Let's be clear, pilots are not overpaid. They are paid according to market forces. The market force is and has been trending upwards since 2008 and BA pilots have not shared in that.

People like to slam pilots, saying they're not the most critical part of an airline. Funny, then, that almost all flights will be cancelled when the BA lot walk. Pretty critical, wouldn't you say! If pilots could be replaced as easily as for example labourers, they would be, but they can't.

Automation to the point where zero pilots are required is very, very distant. Take the tesla autopilot as an example of where we are from a moral point of view, let alone a technological one.
well said sir
Riskybis is offline  
Old 31st Aug 2019, 19:06
  #163 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: six micro tesla zone
Age: 29
Posts: 403
Out of curiosity, is the BA company contribution to the pension 15.6% or 12.6% and is it the same for new joiners?
MaverickPrime is offline  
Old 31st Aug 2019, 19:46
  #164 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 0
15% if you do 6%. And it’s available to new joiners, yes.
VinRouge is offline  
Old 31st Aug 2019, 20:41
  #165 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Button Moon
Posts: 314
Originally Posted by Sunamer View Post


Cant wait when automation (aka toyota for the pilots, while pilots behave like overpaid Detroit car manufacturing workers) takes over. And these guys are doing everything in their power to make that happen and to incentivize the employers to do that...
Overpaid pilot demanding pay raise = deserved pay raise due to harder work
Overpaid company ceo getting pay raise = greedy ceo stealing money because he can get away with it.
I hope you see the double standard. If not, you are already lost...

Muppetry of the first order.

I take it you're ready to take you and your family on a pilot-less airliner across the world on holiday? Thought not. But hey, as long as you get your £9.99 flight to Alicante you're happy I guess. Moron!

Sounds like a Daily Mail journo to me. Don't feed the troll folks.
2 Whites 2 Reds is offline  
Old 31st Aug 2019, 21:14
  #166 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Posts: 84
Originally Posted by 3Greens View Post

Heard Klaus failed his 787 conversion course and has withdrawn from a flying role.

You heard wrong.
A340Yumyum is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 04:37
  #167 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by A340Yumyum View Post



You heard wrong.
Klaus was flying the 787 at Air Canada all the time. I can't see him failing a 787 ride.
plhought is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 08:49
  #168 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 268
Speaking generically if someone has a Canadian rating and wishes to fly a UK airliner they cannot just do a type rating. To convert to a UK or EASA licence means a lot of exams and is a prolonged process.
suninmyeyes is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 18:40
  #169 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Funk
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by plhought View Post
Klaus was flying the 787 at Air Canada all the time. I can't see him failing a 787 ride.
He failed his final line check but passed on a second attempt with a more ‘friendly’ trainer.
RoyMunson is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 18:47
  #170 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Funk
Posts: 30
I see the comms are starting to come in from the ‘big guns’.
The one being from AB asking if you could fill in a form to say if you are willing to fly on a strike day if rostered. Personally I think you’d be mad to fill out such a form. Your name will eventually be known. This is BA IT we’re talking about
RoyMunson is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 19:20
  #171 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Utterly
Posts: 2
Personally I think you’d be mad to fill out such a form. Your name will eventually be known.
Do they not know who they employ?
Bradley Hardacre is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2019, 21:31
  #172 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Funk
Posts: 30
They (BA) are trying to gauge who is going to come in.
RoyMunson is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 15:36
  #173 (permalink)  
77
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Europe
Posts: 122
Bully tactics

Good luck to the BA guys. I hope they do not give in to the bully Boys. They need a successful outcome. Otherwise without a change of management BA will disappear. The shareholders need a strong message. This management has to go and be replaced by somebody who wants BA to be successful British product.
77 is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 22:55
  #174 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Posts: 84
Originally Posted by RoyMunson View Post


He failed his final line check but passed on a second attempt with a more ‘friendly’ trainer.
Roy, where do you get this BS from? That is simply not true.
A340Yumyum is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 08:08
  #175 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Runcorn,Cheshire,England
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by A340Yumyum View Post


Roy, where do you get this BS from? That is simply not true.
so it’s also not true that Klaus had IP as instructor for every sim INCLUDING his LST?
3Greens is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 09:56
  #176 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Funk
Posts: 30
Isn’t it? My source is pretty reliable. You not from BA are you? Tell us what you know?
RoyMunson is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 10:56
  #177 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: s england
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by RoyMunson View Post
I see the comms are starting to come in from the ‘big guns’.
The one being from AB asking if you could fill in a form to say if you are willing to fly on a strike day if rostered. Personally I think you’d be mad to fill out such a form. Your name will eventually be known. This is BA IT we’re talking about
I heard that was not the Q asked.
sudden twang is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 11:21
  #178 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: england
Posts: 733
Again, with no insider knowledge in Klaus’ case, I would suggest it would be difficult enough passing a BA conversion course while studying for it 100%, without having to worry about his other day job. I’ll cut the guy a bit of slack on that . Maybe it will give him an insight in the corners and costs being cut in BA in the various training departments. At least he is in a position to change things if he wanted.
hunterboy is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 19:09
  #179 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Planet Funk
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by sudden twang View Post

I heard that was not the Q asked.
OK......
Extract from the Email from AB.....
"Whether you are currently rostered to work or not over this period, I would be grateful if you would let me know your willingness to work by completing this simple confidential form before 0700 (local time) on Tuesday 3 September.:"
RoyMunson is offline  
Old 3rd Sep 2019, 20:17
  #180 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: s england
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by RoyMunson View Post
OK......
Extract from the Email from AB.....
"Whether you are currently rostered to work or not over this period, I would be grateful if you would let me know your willingness to work by completing this simple confidential form before 0700 (local time) on Tuesday 3 September.:"
Deleted thought better of it

Last edited by sudden twang; 6th Sep 2019 at 12:40.
sudden twang is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.