Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

BA Direct Entry Pilot.

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

BA Direct Entry Pilot.

Old 20th Aug 2018, 16:20
  #5001 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by Thegreenmachine View Post


Checked this morning myself and didnít have any available.
was that for an interview slot or a sim slot?
kendrick47247 is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 16:56
  #5002 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by kendrick47247 View Post


was that for an interview slot or a sim slot?
interview slot
SandwichOfficer is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 17:35
  #5003 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: London
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by SandwichOfficer View Post
Another email today from BA asking me to book my interview, but still no slots - I checked 1 hour after the email was sent. Were there any available today?
Did stage II at the beginning of July. I've logged in to check literally hundreds of times between now and then but no sim slots available.
clvf88 is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 18:25
  #5004 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: England
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by kendrick47247 View Post


was that for an interview slot or a sim slot?
Apologies. Yes Iím waiting to book a sim, not an interview.
Thegreenmachine is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 21:30
  #5005 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tw
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by clvf88 View Post
Did stage II at the beginning of July. I've logged in to check literally hundreds of times between now and then but no sim slots available.
Same situation. It seems No slots have been loaded yet.
g118 is offline  
Old 20th Aug 2018, 23:58
  #5006 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Age: 33
Posts: 4
Stage 2 interview

Hi all,

i have passed stage 1 and will be hopefully booking stage 2 very soon. Has anyone passed/gone through stage 2 and could offer some insight, particularly on the personal interview?
much appreciated.

Last edited by Raven86; 21st Aug 2018 at 00:49.
Raven86 is offline  
Old 21st Aug 2018, 12:06
  #5007 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by SandwichOfficer View Post
Another email today from BA asking me to book my interview, but still no slots - I checked 1 hour after the email was sent. Were there any available today?
Its an automated system mate, there havenít been any sim slots released for at least 5 weeks. Only 1 slot opened up for the 21st of August because a guy I know cancelled his. And it was gone in a minute. Just keep checking!
Mansnothot is offline  
Old 22nd Aug 2018, 08:41
  #5008 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 13
Some slots out for September.
cycles gladiator is offline  
Old 22nd Aug 2018, 13:42
  #5009 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by cycles gladiator View Post
Some slots out for September.
Yeah got a text from my mate this morning, luckily got myself booked in for 13/9. Happy days. Hope you all got a date in too!
Mansnothot is offline  
Old 22nd Aug 2018, 20:19
  #5010 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Tw
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by cycles gladiator View Post
Some slots out for September.
Good luck to everyone in the process, last step. Anyone with info on how long is the wait in the pool.
g118 is offline  
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 07:35
  #5011 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by g118 View Post


Good luck to everyone in the process, last step. Anyone with info on how long is the wait in the pool.
Ive heard thereís currently about 40 people in the pool and they will only be in there while they get dates and classes formed.
Mansnothot is offline  
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 08:51
  #5012 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Button Moon
Posts: 299
Originally Posted by g118 View Post


Good luck to everyone in the process, last step. Anyone with info on how long is the wait in the pool.
According to recent internal comms, the hold pool has been emptied, refilled, emptied again and is gradually being added to. In short, the demand is definitely there so I would expect a short dip in the pond if that. I think it's purely a training capacity issue.

Best of luck!
2 Whites 2 Reds is offline  
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 10:50
  #5013 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: holland
Age: 41
Posts: 13
How long did it take to get the results of stage 2 ?
klm1234 is online now  
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 10:54
  #5014 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: London
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by klm1234 View Post
How long did it take to get the results of stage 2 ?
1 week, to the day.
clvf88 is offline  
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 10:56
  #5015 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Age: 33
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by clvf88 View Post
1 week, to the day.

could you guys guys shed any light on stage 2?
Raven86 is offline  
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 12:52
  #5016 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by clvf88 View Post
1 week, to the day.
Got an email this morning apologizing for the delay of the result of stage 2, and to expect it by tomorrow at the latest (did stage 2 last tuesday)
kendrick47247 is offline  
Old 23rd Aug 2018, 13:33
  #5017 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: London
Age: 33
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by kendrick47247 View Post
Got an email this morning apologizing for the delay of the result of stage 2, and to expect it by tomorrow at the latest (did stage 2 last tuesday)
how did it go Kendrick?
Raven86 is offline  
Old 30th Aug 2018, 11:31
  #5018 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 57
Any junior FO's SH care to share current take home pay? I know its variable based on X, Y and Z. But a rough figure would be great based on the summer months.
Danny212 is offline  
Old 30th Aug 2018, 11:36
  #5019 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London
Posts: 236
Originally Posted by Danny212 View Post
Any junior FO's SH care to share current take home pay? I know its variable based on X, Y and Z. But a rough figure would be great based on the summer months.
About £4500 to £4700 in busy summer months, £3900 to £4100 in quieter months. (Little over time included in these figures, LHR FO year 2).
Enzo999 is offline  
Old 30th Aug 2018, 11:57
  #5020 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Enzo999 View Post


About £4500 to £4700 in busy summer months, £3900 to £4100 in quieter months. (Little over time included in these figures, LHR FO year 2).
Really appreciated that! Thanks!!
Danny212 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.