PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

itsnotthatbloodyhard 23rd Jul 2021 00:26


Originally Posted by KRviator (Post 11083420)
The UK counts dying from any cause within 4 weeks of a positive test in their "Covid Deaths" summary. I am led to believe they have now moved exclusively to (2), but it still does not differentiate someone dying with Covid from someone dying because of Covid.

You could die from a heart attack or stroke within those 28 days and it'll still count towards their "Death by Covid" statistics. I do not have the time nor inclination to try to find and go through their published cause-of-death statistics to try to determine any significant differences from previous years for each listed cause of death. You're more than welcome to if you so desire...

I believe you might be being a little disingenuous here, saying ‘The UK counts…’. Your source is a Public Health England document, which is not the same as the Office of National Statistics. Your PHE document itself states, as a limitation of its data, that ‘the PHE data series does not report cause of death, and as such represents deaths in people with COVID-19 and not necessarily caused by COVID-19.’ It’s quite open about that. Whereas the ONS data (which I would assume is the official figure) has to have had Covid recorded on the death certificate.

WingNut60 23rd Jul 2021 00:33


Originally Posted by ScepticalOptomist (Post 11083414)
Seems like the Aussie way nowadays is to cower, hide, and wait for someone else to do something! :-)

The question was "what is your plan" - not "what is your plan to save the world".
I have no control over border closures, international or domestic.
I am employed and have been throughout the current pandemic - thank you Mark.
I will continue to weather whatever comes my way - because I have no control or influence over it.
And nor do you.

And I'm certainly not waiting expecting you to do anything of any import, other than run off at the mouth.

43Inches 23rd Jul 2021 00:37


Bugout of what? Aviation? Society? There’s shit loads of stuff that can kill us including life itself. What are you afraid of?

Seems like the Aussie way nowadays is to cower, hide, and wait for someone else to do something! :-)
I love these two comments, bravado in the face of a virus. "Why if that virus dares comes near me, I'ma punch it in the nose" Give that man a gun and let him loose.

Now what if the virus turns out to be a conservative virus and not a liberal or even worse a damn socialist virus with communist aspirations, will you still stand up to it. I will be brave in the face of this virus, that will stop it, I will show it I'm not afraid of it, yeah, take that virus. I stand proud and will take one for the team for all human kind, because me catching the virus with millions of others will, er, hmm... what will that do? Oh, spread the virus more...... well who would've known.

Reminds me of Borat going around with a pot trying to squash Covid.


You could die from a heart attack or stroke within those 28 days and it'll still count towards their "Death by Covid" statistics. I do not have the time nor inclination to try to find and go through their published cause-of-death statistics to try to determine any significant differences from previous years for each listed cause of death. You're more than welcome to if you so desire...
By your statement that means no one would have died due to AIDS, because you actually don't die from AIDS itself, it just cripples your immune system to the point something benign like the common cold kills you. Covid can do the same, some die directly from the virus, some die by being significantly weakened by the virus and succumbing to something simple and normally non life threatening, or suffering a cardiac arrest or stroke due to the strain on the body. A medical professional will then report a cause of death with details, such as factors leading to the death.

PoppaJo 23rd Jul 2021 01:31

Is she stupid? Her crystal ball is telling her to ease restrictions in other parts of Sydney while holding them in the West. Geez that’s got success written all over it. Fark me.

Borders and this industry won’t open to this state until we get weeks off zero. I read into this presser, to which that is now impossible.

The next time I hit wheels to that Tarmac down there probably won’t be until 2022.

SOPS 23rd Jul 2021 02:01

NZ just closed to OZ for at least the next 2 moths. Keep that Gold Standard going Gladys … it’s working well😱😱

Ladloy 23rd Jul 2021 02:54

Onya gladys. Gold standard.

rattman 23rd Jul 2021 03:28

Go look at her interview on the kyle and jackie show. That aged like milk

(apparently I cant link twitter)

Green.Dot 23rd Jul 2021 03:57


Originally Posted by rattman (Post 11083470)
Go look at her interview on the kyle and jackie show. That aged like milk

(apparently I cant link twitter)
https://twitter.com/i/status/1413624954537476096

Love the two statements “Our public is used to doing things in a certain way” and “it’s a question of trust”.

Unfortunately for Gladys she relied on both of those things and they let her down. Moral of story- trust no one and make sure the rules are set in place to cater for the stupidest village idiot.

Muttley Crew 23rd Jul 2021 04:25


Originally Posted by dr dre (Post 11083210)
What a valuable contribution Muttley, can you please post a link from a credible source where you verify these “facts”:

I'd be very surprised if you didn't know this already and were not simply choosing to play at being ignorant rather than address the issue substantively. Sutton admitted such months ago and the press have largely chosen not to challenge this misleading anomaly.

You seem to be an arbiter of which sources are credible and which aren't and you could easily search for sources yourself (although I'm sure this wouldn't fit your 'narrative') but here's one that came up after a single search attempt; it's on the La Trobe University website which wouldn't ordinarily be my first choice of source but I'm disinclined to conduct your research for you any further than that and let's face it, we both know you're already well aware of this inconvenient (for you) truth, anyway.

To sum up, you appear to be comfortable with deaths with being reported as deaths from Covid19 but your sense of propriety is offended by the disclaimer which suggests the mere possibility, not the certainty, of some stats on the VAERS website being erroneous. Please tell us all how that's not hypocritical and disingenuous.

neville_nobody 23rd Jul 2021 04:29


Moral of story- trust no one and make sure the rules are set in place to cater for the stupidest village idiot.
Free society can't operate like that.

Green.Dot 23rd Jul 2021 04:31


Originally Posted by neville_nobody (Post 11083488)
Free society can't operate like that.

hence why COVID is such a b*tch

43Inches 23rd Jul 2021 04:53


Free society can't operate like that.
Road rules are a common example of set for idiots. Unfortunately that's how the modern world has to run now, partially because their are idiots and also because smarter indivduals take advantage of lax rules and get away with illegal activities.

itsnotthatbloodyhard 23rd Jul 2021 05:03


Originally Posted by Muttley Crew (Post 11083486)

To sum up, you appear to be comfortable with deaths with being reported as deaths from Covid19

I’d still like to see some actual evidence that this is what’s happening, and not just something that’s repeated often enough that people just believe it’s true.

Foxxster 23rd Jul 2021 05:38

Looks like Qld could be in trouble. Flight attendant tested positive but had done 6 flight to regional areas in Qld.

SOPS 23rd Jul 2021 07:00


Originally Posted by Foxxster (Post 11083506)
Looks like Qld could be in trouble. Flight attendant tested positive but had done 6 flight to regional areas in Qld.

Its in Dreamworld as well

Turnleft080 23rd Jul 2021 07:23

If any good can come out of today, it’s this. Gladys may change her strategy of suppression and surrender on it.
I think she now recognises that this is impossible. Today might be the day that all health departments start to
advise us we now have to live with it.

SOPS 23rd Jul 2021 07:26


Originally Posted by Turnleft080 (Post 11083553)
If any good can come out of today, it’s this. Gladys may change her strategy of suppression and surrender on it.
I think she now recognises that this is impossible. Today might be the day that all health departments start to
advise us we now have to live with it.


I don’t know if that will happen.

Xeptu 23rd Jul 2021 07:31


Originally Posted by Turnleft080 (Post 11083553)
If any good can come out of today, it’s this. Gladys may change her strategy of suppression and surrender on it.
I think she now recognises that this is impossible. Today might be the day that all health departments start to
advise us we now have to live with it.

You can dream lol. None of the other states will

Torukmacto 23rd Jul 2021 07:31


Originally Posted by Turnleft080 (Post 11083553)
If any good can come out of today, it’s this. Gladys may change her strategy of suppression and surrender on it.
I think she now recognises that this is impossible. Today might be the day that all health departments start to
advise us we now have to live with it.

Has to happen at some point, Australians not ready physically (vaccinated) or emotionally (living in denial). It’s part of our existence and the day is coming when the government and the people will say you had your chance at getting vaccinated and good luck.

blubak 23rd Jul 2021 07:45


Originally Posted by Torukmacto (Post 11083558)
Has to happen at some point, Australians not ready physically (vaccinated) or emotionally (living in denial). It’s part of our existence and the day is coming when the government and the people will say you had your chance at getting vaccinated and good luck.

Yes i have been thinking that its not that far away.
I read an article this morning where Dan Andrews said he wants 2022 to be a year without lockdowns & this will happen by having anyone who wants to be vaccinated being able to do so & then basically the people who dont want it will find there will be many places/events they will be unable to attend.
So,like you say 'good luck after you have had your chance'


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:13.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.