PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific-90/)
-   -   All borders to reopen. (https://www.pprune.org/australia-new-zealand-pacific/632861-all-borders-reopen.html)

Ragnor 20th Dec 2020 20:19


Originally Posted by blubak (Post 10951227)

The anger of NSW people should be directed at the 2 boomers who thought the law didnt apply to them,they need to be singled out & made pay in the highest way possible.

I couldn't agree more, these two need to have the full extent of the law thrown at them. I still don't understand the point of public health orders if there is no retribution for breaking them. They are meaningless really.


KRviator 20th Dec 2020 22:27


Originally Posted by WhisprSYD (Post 10951184)
2 days of low double figures and you’ve got Dan joining the rest of the border idiots. Way to help your mates..

Just thinking a bit of data would help show the anger in NSW towards other states and their reactions... Data is sourced from the BTRE airport traffic data to September 2020 and ABS population data to 30 June 2020.

Interesting viewing when you consider which state premiers seem to be quite happy to lock out an entire state, vs a region when they themselves refuse to pull their weight! I guess the simple solution is for Gladys to do what Danistan did, and simply refuse to accept any more international arrivals. I do wonder what other states would be willing to pick up the slack to get 2/3rds of travellers home so NSW can get on top of this outbreak....:hmm:
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....581b2a3cb7.jpg
EDIT: Apologies, I dunno why the image is so large in the post, I didn't make it that bit in the first place!

WingNut60 20th Dec 2020 22:44

Headline in West Australian newspaper this morning : THE BOOM IS BACK - BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN WA ECONOMY HITS 13-YEAR HIGH

And you want us to do what?????????????

Bodie1 20th Dec 2020 23:08


it’s becoming a case of state v state
Since when has it not been? The politics is a disgrace. Interesting that approval ratings of state premiers prior to covid had sunk to 19% but once the fear and hysteria had been whipped up, high 60's. Fear, disaster, hysteria. Sheep unable to think for themselves, easily manipulated.


If you don’t want to be in WA.. don’t come here. Why all the anger?
I'm not there now with no intention to ever be. Anger? Whatever you want to call it, calling out self interest and sheep unable to think for themselves probably. Wash you effing hands, cover you mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, even better, wear a mask. Have a bit of consideration for people around you.


Progress Wanchai 21st Dec 2020 00:35


Originally Posted by WingNut60 (Post 10951362)
Headline in West Australian newspaper this morning : THE BOOM IS BACK - BUSINESS CONFIDENCE IN WA ECONOMY HITS 13-YEAR HIGH

And you want us to do what?????????????

The technical definition of Utopia is a place that hits its high point in the middle of a global pandemic and the nation’s first recession in 30 years. Congratulations are due indeed!!

Can understand why the residents of WA are renowned for searching for highs using alternative means.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was 21st Dec 2020 02:26


seen the massive windfalls that have come their way, that no current generation will ever see.
You mean windfalls like the baby bonuses, 1st home buyers schemes, superannuation guarantee, low single figure interest rates, private health insurance rebate schemes etc etc...that the current generations get?

Bodie1 21st Dec 2020 02:38

Okay Boomer

goodonyamate 21st Dec 2020 02:55


Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was (Post 10951436)
You mean windfalls like the baby bonuses, 1st home buyers schemes, superannuation guarantee, low single figure interest rates, private health insurance rebate schemes etc etc...that the current generations get?


All of those combined won’t even touch the sides of the massive increase in property prices, lower mortgages needed when buying their first homes, mortgage payments as a percentage of income, increase in share markets, and participating in tax schemes etc that weren’t all tracked electronically. Yet....it’s always ‘give me more’ and ‘how dare the younger generations’

kingRB 21st Dec 2020 03:39


Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was (Post 10951436)
You mean windfalls like the baby bonuses, 1st home buyers schemes, superannuation guarantee, low single figure interest rates, private health insurance rebate schemes etc etc...that the current generations get?

These aren't "windfalls", they are the Government's never ending expansion of monetary supply through woeful fiscal and monetary policies. They've inflated those markets enormously. The pain of which is being felt by the younger generations as they are increasingly priced out of them.

SOPS 21st Dec 2020 05:28

Borders are really slamming shut. Now Victorians arriving from Sydney after midnight tonight won’t be allowed back into Victoria. Hotel quarantine is not even an option. They have to remain in NSW!!


And the road blocks are going back up in QLD.

Fonz121 21st Dec 2020 05:37


Originally Posted by SOPS (Post 10951472)
Borders are really slamming shut. Now Victorians arriving from Sydney after midnight tonight won’t be allowed back into Victoria. Hotel quarantine is not even an option. They have to remain in NSW!!


And the road blocks are going back up in QLD.


Came here to comment on the same thing regarding Victoria. Surely that can’t be legal?

"In terms of people arriving after midnight Monday, the very strong message is anyone, Victorian or otherwise, coming in from the Greater Sydney area or Central Coast area will not be able to enter the state," Jeroen Weimar said.

"We are not offering mandatory hotel quarantine as an option."

Lapon 21st Dec 2020 06:21


Originally Posted by Fonz121 (Post 10951475)
Came here to comment on the same thing regarding Victoria. Surely that can’t be legal?

"In terms of people arriving after midnight Monday, the very strong message is anyone, Victorian or otherwise, coming in from the Greater Sydney area or Central Coast area will not be able to enter the state," Jeroen Weimar said.

"We are not offering mandatory hotel quarantine as an option."

Pretty short sighted. Drive a desperate person into a corner and they will take desperate action aka just deny having travelled through those places in the first place and enter unrestricted.

Most people want to do the right thing, but dont do your best to impede them. Better to let them into hotel iso than encourage them to cheat the system

getaway 21st Dec 2020 06:52

think many Sydneysiders going to Qld, will simply say on their pass that they live somewhere else in NSW.

You don't have to carry a drivers licence & plenty of cars are registered at a different address to home address. All our company cars are registered at head office, which is nowhere near where I live.

Kickstarter 21st Dec 2020 06:54

Jetstar sale - $59 SYD/BNE or BNE/SYD for departures 6JAN-31March. Think they sell some seats departing before 8JAN why nutter Qld premier says she'll open Qld border to everyone.

Ragnor 21st Dec 2020 07:04

WOW! Dan the man hey. That guy is a real piece of work hey.

601 21st Dec 2020 07:16


think many Sydneysiders going to Qld, will simply say on their pass that they live somewhere else in NSW.

You don't have to carry a drivers licence & plenty of cars are registered at a different address to home address. All our company cars are registered at head office, which is nowhere near where I live.
Better brush on the Qld Regs.


Obligations for driving in Queensland

When driving in Queensland on your valid interstate or overseas licence, you must:
  • drive only the class of motor vehicle authorised on that licence
  • comply with your licence conditions (if any)
  • show your licence to a police officer when asked to do so.


KRviator 21st Dec 2020 07:53

You have 48 hours to produce your licence in Queensland. You should carry it with you, you do not have to. Reference is s.58(3) of the Police Powers Responsibilities Act.

currawong 21st Dec 2020 07:57


Originally Posted by getaway (Post 10951491)
think many Sydneysiders going to Qld, will simply say on their pass that they live somewhere else in NSW.

You don't have to carry a drivers licence & plenty of cars are registered at a different address to home address. All our company cars are registered at head office, which is nowhere near where I live.

You haven't applied for a pass yet have you?

:}

"Just write anything, you will be right" went out about the same time the prosecutions started....

Lazyload 21st Dec 2020 08:21

The thread title is now so wrong. I rename it to "Only one border must close" .Yes, that's right. We didn't invent the virus here. It arrived by air or sea. Australia is an island, so in the national interests we just now need to bite the bullet and stop all international passenger flights. All of them. No more tourists, no more repatriations, no more incoming pax or transiting aircrew from anywhere, period. I'm appalled that the new highly contagious virulent strain from the UK has now been detected in Australia. Whereas the EU is already stopping UK flights, Australia is wide open. Enough. Don't let them depart or turn them back midair.

Bend alot 21st Dec 2020 08:42


Originally Posted by Lazyload (Post 10951527)
The thread title is now so wrong. I rename it to "Only one border must close" .Yes, that's right. We didn't invent the virus here. It arrived by air or sea. Australia is an island, so in the national interests we just now need to bite the bullet and stop all international passenger flights. All of them. No more tourists, no more repatriations, no more incoming pax or transiting aircrew from anywhere, period. I'm appalled that the new highly contagious virulent strain from the UK has now been detected in Australia. Whereas the EU is already stopping UK flights, Australia is wide open. Enough. Don't let them depart or turn them back midair.

Marine and Air Cargo crew exempt I assume, and Diplomats and others exempt and their aircrew.


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:52.


Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.