Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Network Aviation PIA

Old 1st Oct 2023, 03:03
  #261 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: NSW
Posts: 40
Received 93 Likes on 23 Posts
No roster changes yet I hear. Does anyone know if mainline have put contigencies in to bring across more 737s? Also hear they are trying to recover flights on the Tuesday before and Thursday after PIA. Take that as you will for roster management purposes
1234fly is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 03:27
  #262 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: North Haven
Posts: 214
Received 165 Likes on 78 Posts
I have a pretty bad manflu at the moment (not covid, did a test), if anybody wants to catch up for a beer while I'm still infectious, let me know
Mr Mossberg is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by Mr Mossberg:
Old 1st Oct 2023, 11:06
  #263 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mostly here, sometimes over there...
Posts: 373
Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by 1234fly
No roster changes yet I hear. Does anyone know if mainline have put contigencies in to bring across more 737s? Also hear they are trying to recover flights on the Tuesday before and Thursday after PIA. Take that as you will for roster management purposes
The Network cats don't have any worthwhile current nor future roster protections, so I'll guess there will be last minute 12 hour Double shifts sprung on all of them for Tuesday and Thursday.
Ironically, that's part of the reason they are in PIA in the first place.
Buttscratcher is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 14:04
  #264 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2023
Location: Aus
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the flight booking page on the Qantas website it looks like Alliance are scheduled to do the PER-DRW route (usually operated by NAA a320s) and PER- ADL (usually operated by QF737s) on the 4th October. It will be a shame if more of these flights pop up as it will dampen the much needed effect of PIA that the NAA pilots are fighting so hard for.
Good luck guys and girls, keep fighting for a brighter future for all Australian pilots!
tr333 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 1st Oct 2023, 14:30
  #265 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: WA
Posts: 239
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
amazingly can still buy seats on the to be A320/F100 “ghost flights” on Wednesday…….considering they getting snacks for this already doesn’t seem they’ve learnt.
pilotdude09 is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 22:10
  #266 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 41S174E
Age: 57
Posts: 3,092
Received 474 Likes on 127 Posts
heard Alliance doing some Network flights. Wouldn’t want to be those pilots. Haven’t they heard about the 89 list
Can someone explain the difference between the 89 list and what these Alliance pilots would be doing on the 4th?
It seems to me that the Alliance pilots are legally required to do the work assigned to them as they aren’t part of the PIA. ( unless of course they’re not fit to fly due to a sick wife/ husband/ child or noisy neighbour keeping them up all night).
Whatever the answer is, I think we, as pilots, should avoid throwing stones and disparaging other pilot groups completely over the next wee while. The fractures and bad blood will ensure worse results than if we continue the sense of collective good will that is apparent for the first time in as long as I can remember.
Max support from the East!
framer is offline  
The following 5 users liked this post by framer:
Old 1st Oct 2023, 22:23
  #267 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Unfortunately not the Orient
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 88 Likes on 32 Posts
There is a level of ignorance in some of the recent posts in this thread that is actually making my support wane. Alliance pilots, mainline pilots, NJS pilots, skippers or Penjet pilots etc..... are not in PIA. Therefore they are not protected if they were to refuse a duty. Grow up. Threatening people with a blacklist if they do the work that they are legally required to do, is a step too far. Don't over play your hand people.
SandyPalms is offline  
The following 7 users liked this post by SandyPalms:
Old 1st Oct 2023, 22:46
  #268 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: nowhere
Posts: 178
Likes: 0
Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by SandyPalms
There is a level of ignorance in some of the recent posts in this thread that is actually making my support wane. Alliance pilots, mainline pilots, NJS pilots, skippers or Penjet pilots etc..... are not in PIA. Therefore they are not protected if they were to refuse a duty. Grow up. Threatening people with a blacklist if they do the work that they are legally required to do, is a step too far. Don't over play your hand people.
beat me to it. I hope ActiveLooker’s post wasn’t written whilst sober
Jester64 is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 22:54
  #269 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 109
Received 76 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by framer
Can someone explain the difference between the 89 list and what these Alliance pilots would be doing on the 4th?
It seems to me that the Alliance pilots are legally required to do the work assigned to them as they aren’t part of the PIA. ( unless of course they’re not fit to fly due to a sick wife/ husband/ child or noisy neighbour keeping them up all night).
Whatever the answer is, I think we, as pilots, should avoid throwing stones and disparaging other pilot groups completely over the next wee while. The fractures and bad blood will ensure worse results than if we continue the sense of collective good will that is apparent for the first time in as long as I can remember.
Max support from the East!
Its amazing how people love to miss quote and twist replies on this forum. Oh, that’s right, it’s a pilot forum. Regardless of what is right, legal or ethical, people seen to be strike breakers will be judged. In 89, which I remember only too well, those that took jobs, legally, were placed on “the list”. Bottom line, people who are invested emotionally and physically view things differently. Btw, I’m not on the list, my O/S career began in 1990.
ActiveLooker is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 23:11
  #270 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Unfortunately not the Orient
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 88 Likes on 32 Posts
Activelooker

But they can’t be judged. They have done nothing wrong. If the AFAP were to be involved in a blacklist, they have proven they are the same failed union that convinced you to sign the letter of resignation, that ultimately began your life overseas 34 years ago. I doubt they would want that stigma to return, as there are a few perfectly good alternatives these days.



SandyPalms is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 23:15
  #271 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 109
Received 76 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by SandyPalms
Activelooker

But they can’t be judged. They have done nothing wrong. If the AFAP were to be involved in a blacklist, they have proven they are the same failed union that convinced you to sign the letter of resignation, that ultimately began your life overseas 34 years ago. I doubt they would want that stigma to return, as there are a few perfectly good alternatives these days.
Agree Sandy. It was a completely different situation and I hope the AFAP have grown since then. Regardless of what’s right, perception is a bitch.
ActiveLooker is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 23:29
  #272 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Unfortunately not the Orient
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 88 Likes on 32 Posts
aussieflyboy

the post you quoted doesn’t imply that, and I think it was wise for ActiveLooker to remove it.

How are you going to determine if pilots are volunteering? Especially if they work for other airlines?
SandyPalms is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 00:01
  #273 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: TIBA
Posts: 461
Received 129 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by tr333
. It will be a shame if more of these flights pop up as it will dampen the much needed effect of PIA that the NAA pilots are fighting so hard for.
One day of PIA is just the beginning. Expect QF to muster whatever reserves/ resources/ tactics at its disposal to counter the threat. They could just bargain in good faith for a mutually beneficial outcome, but when have they ever done that before?

The good news is it would be suicidal for QF Mgmt to ground the airline again. They have been exposed as the greedy “pigs with snouts in the trough “ so the unilateral wage freeze policy doesn’t stack up. Anyone who actually works on the frontline within the Group knows any protracted PIA won’t be able to be adequately covered with contingency plans - even with the help of the 5% of Pilots who’d sell their own Mother to make a dollar. The decade + of cuts including outsourcing, morale, spares, engineering, etc etc etc have done too much damage.

Keep your cool, keep up the pressure and be always ready to negotiate. This time Aircrew have the upper hand. Know it because QF sure as hell will soon enough.
CaptCloudbuster is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 00:11
  #274 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kichin
Posts: 1,047
Received 690 Likes on 189 Posts
Meanwhile, back a QF HQ, Ms H is breathing a massive sigh of relief knowing the industry is not as united as she feared. Or are most of the antagonists here posting on prune from their coffee lounge in the street…….
Emotional times call for cool heads, have your arguments in private and remember you will all eventually experience the IR blowtorch as airlines realise they no longer have the upper hand, don’t give it back to them. Hang tough!!
gordonfvckingramsay is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by gordonfvckingramsay:
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 01:12
  #275 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brisvegas
Posts: 3,878
Likes: 0
Received 244 Likes on 105 Posts
This is why most other “professions” do not have a publicly accessible forum where ANYONE can post anonymously and dirty linen gets aired in full view of management and the media.
Icarus2001 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 01:16
  #276 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 405
Likes: 0
Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
Meanwhile, back a QF HQ, Ms H is breathing a massive sigh of relief knowing the industry is not as united as she feared. Or are most of the antagonists here posting on prune from their coffee lounge in the street…….
Emotional times call for cool heads, have your arguments in private and remember you will all eventually experience the IR blowtorch as airlines realise they no longer have the upper hand, don’t give it back to them. Hang tough!!
Mate, it's a public holiday in NSW today. Nobody works on a public holiday, the street would be deserted today. They'll sort it out tomorrow.
The The is offline  
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 01:17
  #277 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kichin
Posts: 1,047
Received 690 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by The The
Mate, it's a public holiday in NSW today. Nobody works on a public holiday, the street would be deserted today. They'll sort it out tomorrow.
A very good point, silly me.
gordonfvckingramsay is offline  
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 01:23
  #278 (permalink)  
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,127
Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
People please remember that references to 89 and lists, though relevant here, get very emotive and have to be taken down as it can rapidly turn into a **** fight and has had the Australian forums shut down.

I'll leave the existing ones up but let's leave it there and focus on what's happening now.

Keep it cool headed and factual; journos read these forums and anything you post here could end up in the media.
Charlie Foxtrot India is offline  
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 01:37
  #279 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Earth
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
If anyone is feeling s bit chesty a convenient, safe and completely legal way to get a certificate is:
qoctor dot com dot au
flyinghorseman is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by flyinghorseman:
Old 2nd Oct 2023, 02:03
  #280 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 40
Posts: 149
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by flyinghorseman
If anyone is feeling s bit chesty a convenient, safe and completely legal way to get a certificate is:
qoctor dot com dot au
$25! No pilot can afford that anymore!!
Johnny_56 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.