Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Network Aviation PIA

Old 5th Jan 2024, 12:04
  #1561 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kichin
Posts: 1,043
Received 677 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by I Need Of A Change
Can I ask for those pushing the no vote, why they think their elected reps are for the first time at the AFAP recommending a yes vote?
Youíd have to ask them why theyíre endorsing an EA with such little to be gained during a time where we hold all the cards.
gordonfvckingramsay is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 5th Jan 2024, 12:06
  #1562 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 57
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
Youíd have to ask them why theyíre endorsing an EA with such little to be gained during a time where we hold all the cards.
Sounds like a question you should be asking them.
I Need Of A Change is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2024, 12:11
  #1563 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kichin
Posts: 1,043
Received 677 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by I Need Of A Change
Sounds like a question you should be asking them.
Why? If they have a rationale or info pertinent to a yes vote, they should be disseminating it to the pilots.

Pilots are not (usually) dumb enough to vote based on a baseless recommendation. Itís pretty clear that most people on here have read the draft and think it needs work.
gordonfvckingramsay is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2024, 12:20
  #1564 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 57
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
Why? If they have a rationale or info pertinent to a yes vote, they should be disseminating it to the pilots.

Pilots are not (usually) dumb enough to vote based on a baseless recommendation. Itís pretty clear that most people on here have read the draft and think it needs work.
Right so the email communication detailing the AFAP position and respond for a yes vote are not enough? If thatís the case then yes I suggest you seek further advice from the elected reps.

Or given your superior knowledge and ability to determine what the bulk of the pilots have determined from the in principle agreement (itís not a draft) then you need not worry and can continue on knowing you know better than everyone.
I Need Of A Change is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2024, 12:34
  #1565 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Sydney
Posts: 82
Received 42 Likes on 22 Posts
This post has devolved into a sick d*ck measuring contest with literally no new information about the relevant matter at hand for several pages. May I suggest Mods lock it?
MalcolmReynolds is online now  
The following 5 users liked this post by MalcolmReynolds:
Old 5th Jan 2024, 13:43
  #1566 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 66
Received 73 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by I Need Of A Change
To some of your points can I ask why then that over the past couple of years there have been several flights cancelled that may well have large financial penalties and flying turned down due to crew numbers? If it was so easy to roster overtime and cover all that they would of I agree, but this situation has occurred over and over and yet only a small percentage of crew are in productivity (some by choice who are after the hours for whatever reason).

The crap rate for overtime is a continuation of the current deal with the change that the rate increases after 75 hours which is a deterrent from the current deal. Additionally the rate kicks in at a lower threshold which is of zero advantage to the company.
How you have been treated in the past is ZERO indication of how you can / will be treated in the future.
All it takes is one bright spark in management with a great new idea. So if itís not written in your EA, donít count on it!
Just ask the group Freighter Pilots
Swept-Wing is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2024, 23:00
  #1567 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 57
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Swept-Wing
How you have been treated in the past is ZERO indication of how you can / will be treated in the future.
Really? So if your employers has always treated you like **** and tried to exploit every possible avenue available that should not be projected forward in anyway or shape?
I Need Of A Change is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2024, 00:41
  #1568 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 57
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by soseg


That is what swept wing is saying. Expect it to get worse.

You seriously arenít bright, I Need Of A Change. How do you hold a command?
Sorry it must be to complex for my simple mind.

The state made was that past treatment has ZERO use in predicting future treatment. I simply applied the statement to a different situation to see if it holds weight.
I Need Of A Change is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2024, 00:57
  #1569 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 483
Received 338 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by soseg


That is what swept wing is saying. Expect it to get worse.

You seriously arenít bright, I Need Of A Change. How do you hold a command?
Soseg, why bother arguing with an idiot? Obviously, need a change is a management pilot, or isnít really a NAA pilot but has vested interest in this getting over the line. Could even be head of Qantas HR or someone else with their KPIs tied to getting this rubbish deal over the line.

Itís not worth arguing with people like this.

The only way to send these people a message is for NAA pilots to vote no to prostituting themselves by accepting half pay overtime.

I canít imagine finding any contract, anywhere else in the world, where overtime pay is LESS than normal pay.

It defies logic that 46% voted yes.
Slippery_Pete is offline  
The following 8 users liked this post by Slippery_Pete:
Old 6th Jan 2024, 01:01
  #1570 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kichin
Posts: 1,043
Received 677 Likes on 188 Posts
INOAT, I think the point being made pertains to your apparent faith in the company to act ethically. If thatís been your experience then I wouldnít expect it to continue.

Get the clauses locked down while you can.

NO!
gordonfvckingramsay is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by gordonfvckingramsay:
Old 6th Jan 2024, 02:10
  #1571 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Cill
Posts: 147
Received 113 Likes on 37 Posts
I Need Of A Change no doubt putting in for some 'overtime' after all the work they've done here after-all corporate aren't due back until Monday the 8th.

Your roster will be built with low density high duty until you hit the hours then you'll be rostered for high density low duty ( all from the fortune cookies , like adl , bali , hobart , nadi , hong kong , Antarctic scenics , Rottnest island (oh wait they do that often when air return) because it'll be at half your rate.

Saturday night , go to your local dominos and ask them if they'd work overtime for a reduced rate , looking into the deal as a whole of course.

ShandywithSugar is offline  
The following 6 users liked this post by ShandywithSugar:
Old 6th Jan 2024, 04:13
  #1572 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pprune is ******
Posts: 165
Received 178 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by ShandywithSugar
I Need Of A Change no doubt putting in for some 'overtime' after all the work they've done here after-all corporate aren't due back until Monday the 8th.

Your roster will be built with low density high duty until you hit the hours then you'll be rostered for high density low duty ( all from the fortune cookies , like adl , bali , hobart , nadi , hong kong , Antarctic scenics , Rottnest island (oh wait they do that often when air return) because it'll be at half your rate.

Saturday night , go to your local dominos and ask them if they'd work overtime for a reduced rate , looking into the deal as a whole of course.
Hahahahahahahahahaha Notwork Rottnest scenics so frequent! Ain't that the truth... too bad they're up to their guts in a QRH to look outside.
dejapoo is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2024, 06:58
  #1573 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: australia
Posts: 39
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by I Need Of A Change
Care to provide a worked example for a A320 captain at NWK vs JQ at the various year levels to support your position? Should be simple enough.
I honestly feel sorry for the poor First Officers that have to fly with you and listen to your rubbish, problem is you can vote YES to a rubbish agreement and when your work colleagues vote it down and get a good agreement you reap the rewards.

If only those like yourself that have no worth could be put on individual contracts, being paid a reduced rate for overtime and others that fight for a good agreement get what is deserved!, when a great agreement gets voted up.
Hats off to the network pilots that are fighting for what they are worth!
maverick4442 is offline  
The following 3 users liked this post by maverick4442:
Old 6th Jan 2024, 07:09
  #1574 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 57
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by maverick4442
I honestly feel sorry for the poor First Officers that have to fly with you and listen to your rubbish, problem is you can vote YES to a rubbish agreement and when your work colleagues vote it down and get a good agreement you reap the rewards.

If only those like yourself that have no worth could be put on individual contracts, being paid a reduced rate for overtime and others that fight for a good agreement get what is deserved!, when a great agreement gets voted up.
Hats off to the network pilots that are fighting for what they are worth!
So you think if this ones goes down itíll be back to the table and anyone will have a chance to vote again?

Thanks for the concern but I donít chat about the EA on the clock.

I Need Of A Change is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2024, 07:41
  #1575 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pprune is ******
Posts: 165
Received 178 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by I Need Of A Change
So you think if this ones goes down itíll be back to the table and anyone will have a chance to vote again?

Thanks for the concern but I donít chat about the EA on the clock.
If only you followed the same advice for pprune. God it's incessant. Rot.
dejapoo is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by dejapoo:
Old 6th Jan 2024, 09:06
  #1576 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 306
Received 348 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by Slippery_Pete
Soseg, why bother arguing with an idiot? Obviously, need a change is a management pilot, or isnít really a NAA pilot but has vested interest in this getting over the line. Could even be head of Qantas HR or someone else with their KPIs tied to getting this rubbish deal over the line.

Itís not worth arguing with people like this.

The only way to send these people a message is for NAA pilots to vote no to prostituting themselves by accepting half pay overtime.

I canít imagine finding any contract, anywhere else in the world, where overtime pay is LESS than normal pay.

It defies logic that 46% voted yes.
My post got deleted. Weird. Someone here doesnít like me calling that moron a moron.
soseg is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2024, 10:32
  #1577 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 57
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dejapoo
If only you followed the same advice for pprune. God it's incessant. Rot.
ItĎs a public forum. If you want a private forum where all those think the same as yourself and anyone with another viewpoint is not permitted to speak, then go use an appropriate forum for that.
I Need Of A Change is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2024, 10:56
  #1578 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 57
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by soseg
My post got deleted. Weird. Someone here doesnít like me calling that moron a moron.

Maybe it was Qantas HR lurking here that had it deleted. Your superior intellect has them running scared.
I Need Of A Change is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2024, 10:57
  #1579 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Posts: 2,468
Received 310 Likes on 116 Posts
Originally Posted by I Need Of A Change
ItĎs a public forum. If you want a private forum where all those think the same as yourself and anyone with another viewpoint is not permitted to speak, then go use an appropriate forum for that.
Mr Safe, I mean, INOAC, please can you just shut the trap. I think youíve made your point pretty clear. You sprout on about the ability to vote freely, but god you sure are trying to persuade plenty towards your line of thinking too.

Go away
morno is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by morno:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.