Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Jetstar Aus/NZ Positions

Old 17th Mar 2023, 04:04
  #741 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 98
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
A321XLR range maps.

A 321LR is halfway between the 738 and an XLR. So an LR can reach HKT or MNL, but you need an XLR to HKG. The XLR can make it as far north as PVG or far west as BLR or MRU.

But the first 20 XLR’s will only be on primarily domestic sectors til at least 2027, so all these dreams of flying narrowbody aircraft to dozens of Asian destinations are still years away.
Perhaps they'll use the XLR on AKL-RAR to minimise the diversions.
Chris2303 is offline  
Old 17th Mar 2023, 09:33
  #742 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BBN
Posts: 1,017
Received 106 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted Nugent
Let me guess, you're an east coast TC married to JQ cabin crew, clearly you haven't blown through PER recently, on the other hand, your mrs may as well be living there???

There was never a cabin crew base in PER, nor will there ever be. JQ will ultimately continue to prioritise the use of Singapore, Bangkok, Phuket and Bali based cabin crew on all international sectors out of PER. Tech crew on the other hand, that's another story, FRMS limitations using east coast acclimatised crew, flight recovery issues due lack of local STB, crewing reliance on tech crew goodwill excepting duty changes during hotel layovers, the list goes on.
Let’s not make it personal, but to clear it up I’m definitely not married to CC. I never said there ever was a CC base I just said there needs to be one. If you haven’t noticed multiple flights a day being canned out of SY due to no CC because they’re all in PH, DPS having a good time or the casuals and only work when they want and rightly so. When we get a CEO hopefully they sort it out quick smart. April school holidays are going to be a blood bath for JQ we will see more cancelations than ever, I can see the headlines now in the paper and the roasting on the morning shows.
SHVC is offline  
Old 17th Mar 2023, 11:29
  #743 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 400 Orchard Rd
Posts: 82
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
Let’s not make it personal, but to clear it up I’m definitely not married to CC. I never said there ever was a CC base I just said there needs to be one. If you haven’t noticed multiple flights a day being canned out of SY due to no CC because they’re all in PH, DPS having a good time or the casuals and only work when they want and rightly so. When we get a CEO hopefully they sort it out quick smart. April school holidays are going to be a blood bath for JQ we will see more cancelations than ever, I can see the headlines now in the paper and the roasting on the morning shows.
SHCV nothing personal.

My point, long term cabin crew won't be an issue as they'll have team Asia on the case, tech crew, that's another story.
Ted Nugent is offline  
Old 17th Mar 2023, 11:53
  #744 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oz
Age: 68
Posts: 1,898
Received 296 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by SHVC
When we get a CEO hopefully they sort it out quick smart.
I like what you did there.
PoppaJo is offline  
Old 17th Mar 2023, 18:49
  #745 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Timbuktoo
Posts: 266
Received 164 Likes on 51 Posts
When we get a CEO hopefully they sort it out quick smart.
It seems like a rudderless ship at the moment. The current one appears way out of her depth.
brokenagain is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 17th Mar 2023, 19:33
  #746 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oz
Age: 68
Posts: 1,898
Received 296 Likes on 125 Posts
Priority List
1. Pride
2. Inclusion
3. Diversity
4. Indigenous recognition
5. Pride
6. Diversity
7. Fluffy cadet videos
8. More fluffy stuff

97. Business strategy
98. Airline Operations
99. Team
100. Customer
PoppaJo is offline  
The following 9 users liked this post by PoppaJo:
Old 18th Mar 2023, 10:27
  #747 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,502
Received 284 Likes on 103 Posts
What the entire Qantas Group is lacking is the old phrase, ‘look after the employees, they will look after the customers who in turn look after the shareholders’. Sadly Qantas treats the employees like crap and the rest is downhill from there.
Ollie Onion is offline  
The following 7 users liked this post by Ollie Onion:
Old 18th Mar 2023, 18:43
  #748 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun.
Posts: 48
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
What the entire Qantas Group is lacking is the old phrase, ‘look after the employees, they will look after the customers who in turn look after the shareholders’. Sadly Qantas treats the employees like crap and the rest is downhill from there.
Too true, it’s a sad indictment of the industry as a whole. Unfortunately,MBA courses do not have a strong emphasis on staff recognition and the downstream benefits of looking after your primary asset.
phantom menace is offline  
Old 18th Mar 2023, 21:55
  #749 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Posts: 33
Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
JQ the souless bogun airline.Temporary,transient,alternative option for many who come and then want to go,employees and pax alike. Embarrasing cheap cousin to the revered skygods. Brunt of media and public distain. Corporate disgrace. Yes all that was strived for has been achieved. LCC is the dirtiest term ever associated with the airline industry.
PPRuNeUser01531 is offline  
Old 20th Mar 2023, 06:15
  #750 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Timbuktoo
Posts: 266
Received 164 Likes on 51 Posts
Rumour is that you could count on two hands the total number of resumes that were submitted for the most recent pilot job ad at the ‘star.
brokenagain is offline  
Old 20th Mar 2023, 07:03
  #751 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 41
Posts: 147
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by brokenagain
Rumour is that you could count on two hands the total number of resumes that were submitted for the most recent pilot job ad at the ‘star.
Surely not? Did they even shake the tree??
Johnny_56 is offline  
Old 20th Mar 2023, 07:16
  #752 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oz
Age: 68
Posts: 1,898
Received 296 Likes on 125 Posts
Young/To Be FO's are better off going to the States and tripling the salary, the conditions are just growing as each year passes, mind boggling. Someone sent me something about one USA LCC offering $50,000 sign on bonus. We have an outfit out west over here offering a couple of k. Those in the 20s/30s today heading over, will be able to retire extremely comfortably. The fleets are only going to get bigger, more and more people will be required.

If it is a challenge locally trying to retain and hire FOs today, good luck to those working in recruitment in 10 years time. Rex/Virgin/Jetstar/Alliance will have some hiring challenges in the short to medium term, long term they won't have anyone at all. The time to become a pilot is about now, get your training, GA stint over and done with over the next 5 years, then head East. See you back here in 30 years.
PoppaJo is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 20th Mar 2023, 09:23
  #753 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: DEMOCRATIC PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA (DPRWA)
Age: 32
Posts: 131
Received 258 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by brokenagain
Rumour is that you could count on two hands the total number of resumes that were submitted for the most recent pilot job ad at the ‘star.
F..kem...
Zeta_Reticuli is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 20th Mar 2023, 10:10
  #754 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,502
Received 284 Likes on 103 Posts
I know recently Jetconnect tried to fill two days worth of interviews and two candidates turned up.
Ollie Onion is offline  
Old 20th Mar 2023, 10:45
  #755 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Home
Posts: 795
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny_56
Surely not? Did they even shake the tree??
maybe another reason the cadets are going to JQ. Need to fill the seats and can’t afford to take any additional internals due to their own training backlogs.
Going Nowhere is offline  
Old 20th Mar 2023, 20:02
  #756 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of Perth
Posts: 56
Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Not dissimilar at JQ Australia.
ZebraFlyer is offline  
Old 20th Mar 2023, 20:04
  #757 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North of Perth
Posts: 56
Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PoppaJo
Young/To Be FO's are better off going to the States and tripling the salary, the conditions are just growing as each year passes, mind boggling. Someone sent me something about one USA LCC offering $50,000 sign on bonus. We have an outfit out west over here offering a couple of k. Those in the 20s/30s today heading over, will be able to retire extremely comfortably. The fleets are only going to get bigger, more and more people will be required.

If it is a challenge locally trying to retain and hire FOs today, good luck to those working in recruitment in 10 years time. Rex/Virgin/Jetstar/Alliance will have some hiring challenges in the short to medium term, long term they won't have anyone at all. The time to become a pilot is about now, get your training, GA stint over and done with over the next 5 years, then head East. See you back here in 30 years.
All of us here hope that this will be what make Aussie carriers up their conditions. Who knows though eh.
ZebraFlyer is offline  
Old 20th Mar 2023, 23:10
  #758 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 185
Received 121 Likes on 33 Posts
Qantas Freight recently had 2 days worth of interviews scheduled but cancelled due to nearly all pulling out. It’s too late now. Get used to flights not being crewed across the group. We know how to fix it. Unfortunately management are to arrogant to admit it.
davidclarke is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2023, 00:10
  #759 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oz
Age: 68
Posts: 1,898
Received 296 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by ZebraFlyer
All of us here hope that this will be what make Aussie carriers up their conditions. Who knows though eh.
One thing they have learnt in recent times is reducing capacity, margins increase, earnings jump.

They will ground aircraft due lack of pilots, but earnings will grow, the general public will feel it. How about just giving people a decent wage?

I can see it now. They will all have aircraft grounded then blame all the pilots. You reckon Sharpie would give his Jet pilots a 20% pay rise? Sorry, I mean they should really be getting a 30% rise minimum alongside Virgin. No, they go to the press claiming business now unviable and pilots have too many entitlements. Gareth Evans led that horse, went to the market claiming some 25% Margin for his business in the pipeline, then the pilots asked for a competitive offer, claimed the business is now a dead duck.

RexJet and Virgin, I wouldn’t be accepting anything below 20% when that time next comes.

Last edited by PoppaJo; 21st Mar 2023 at 00:23.
PoppaJo is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 21st Mar 2023, 02:44
  #760 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Posts: 2,471
Received 413 Likes on 147 Posts
Unfortunately I think you are absolutely right PoppaJoe, they’re so arrogant that they would rather run their businesses broke before they give us sizeable payrises like the US.

It’s in our interests to make a combined fight and make sure the public is never fed misinformation without countering it with truth.

Then again I could dream on….
morno is offline  
The following users liked this post:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.