PDA

View Full Version : STANSTED - 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Musket90
25th Sep 2006, 18:16
Good news about IOM and Izmir flights. Timings appear to be filling the off peak periods, so plenty of space.

Whatever happens at LHR or any other airport in regard to disruption, airlines know what their contingencies are and STN and other airports may be part of it. However airports don't build facilities and spend lots of money in the hope that they may receive diversions. Also there is a limit to what Handling Agents can cope with as their staffing and equipment are aligned to the scheduled airlines that they handle.

G-APDK
26th Sep 2006, 12:39
DAZ211
The information about IZAir came from a good source in the industry.

With regard to the Manx2 service, these flights are reported going to be operated by a (2nd) BAe Jetstrem 32 aircraft that is going to be leased (again from Jetstream Executive Travel Ltd. This information comes from another e-group

xxx5572
29th Sep 2006, 08:55
Whilst BAA have declared most of the jetbridges usable and somehow safe i must ask why is it that the bridge on 11L is propped up by a large metal frame and looks like it hasnt been touched but also i see that the canopy on the bridge on B20 is broken and again out of use :uhoh: what is going on??? I mean the bridge on 13 may be subject to an investigation but if not at least they can get round to fixing the others,, im sure this is no coincidence that one by one they are all starting to develop their own problems, they are screaming out to be replaced,, even if its just the worst ones.

And also ive been noticing that towards the end of sat 1 a piles of rubbish are being left there, old chairs, sofas, wood pallets and more. Surely there are proper ways of disposing of unwanted stuff and not just to leave it, it makes it look so bad, wouldnt take long to get rid of it. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed it?? :confused:

hasta lueGO
1st Oct 2006, 13:28
11L is awaiting repair to the floor which is totally unrelated to the other bridge issues.

daz211
1st Oct 2006, 15:41
Can anyone tell me what the following airlines are doing at Stansted today.

RLA7633 ex Barcelona.

VIR3078 ex Tokyo.

(Just seen VS901 into LHR has been diverted) could this be the same flight ? and if so any idea why the divert?

Musket90
1st Oct 2006, 18:09
Virgin div might have been due many thunderstorm showers in SE England at the time causing inbound LHR delays.

daz211
3rd Oct 2006, 19:46
At last the BAA have updated the STN website.
They have removed all the old info from NEW DESTINATIONS page
and added all the new routes.

Well done BAA, at last you updated the site, It only took me E-mailing
day after day after day.:D :D :D :D

jack_essex
5th Oct 2006, 17:37
You beat me to it! Lol. I had also been looking at that web page and kept getting annoyed when routes such as Chambery were still on there which has been dropped, and then other routes to places such as Pakistan had no mention at all. Good news they have updated the site but its long over due.

daz211
9th Oct 2006, 22:34
I have just noticed that flight FR614 from Derry to Stansted has been diverted to Luton, The Ryanair website states due to weather at Stansted.
I live 20min by road from the airport and the weather here is very warm with no wind and clear skys :confused:

--- I think I know why this divert took place !

Another diversion FR4153 BGY-LTN diverted to STN due night runway closure.

So weather ? I dont think so .

jack_essex
9th Oct 2006, 22:57
Strange. I also live 20 minutes from Stansted and its been a fine day. Exact words on the Ryanair website regarding LDY flight:

"Diverting to London Luton due to earlier atc departure restrictions due to weather at London Stansted"

There are also a few diverted flights at Liverpool due to the runway being closed. Landind at MAN and pax being coached to Liverpool.

sat1
10th Oct 2006, 08:46
jack_essex

ITS BEEN A FINE DAY!!!!!!!! what about the slight precipitation that occured there last night?

jack_essex
10th Oct 2006, 08:48
Eos Airlines have now been flying for one year between London Stansted and New York JFK. As it is their 1 year Birthday they are having a half price seat sale for return trips booked by October 16th! I've just had a look and they have some great prices.

daz211
10th Oct 2006, 08:55
Maxjet is also offering very low prices £599 all in for a rtn trip to Newyork and Las vegas Happy Birthday :ok:

jack_essex
14th Oct 2006, 21:58
Last night there was a KLM Cityhopper a/c at Sat 2. Does anyone know what it was doing there and what flight it was operating? This was around 21.30.

xxx5572
15th Oct 2006, 15:37
Im sure it was a divert as there has been pretty bad fog over past few days. there was an eastern airways and a flybe a/c around too.

jack_essex
15th Oct 2006, 15:59
Thanks. I also saw the Eastern Airways at Sat 2. Nice to see something other than Ryanair and easyJet

xxx5572
16th Oct 2006, 15:05
well its been a bit of a busy week with unusual aircraft coming in, had the antinov in today and went over to north side, a very mysterious looking military a/c over north side too. Makes a change :bored:

xxx5572
16th Oct 2006, 16:04
Around a moth ago I was surprised to see some workers fitting some new fire doors into a few gates in sat1, at first I though how good it would be to have some new doors as the old ones were a bit worn out and that BAA were doing a good job in trying to bring the place back up to scratch after all the new carpet and paint that have been done but I am beginning to think I am wrong!!
Firstly unless I’m mistaken I thought that the fire doors were able to stay open for a while or until a fire alarm would go off were they would automatically close, surely being their purpose. However it seems as if BAA has overlooked something!! These doors now have just the hinges and have no device to keep them open so I find myself and see others searching the area for items to hold the doors. Typically this would be a chock!! A tenser barrier!! Or even a PIG!! So long as it hold the door open!! := :=
Maybe I wouldn’t mind if they weren’t used so much but at the airport they are used for both arriving and departing pax and makes things slightly more difficult if people are constantly worrying how to keep them open so the pax know were to go. Also I dread to think what the passengers must think when they arrive at Stansted to find doors being propped open, rotting wood in entrance ways and so much more.

I know some people may not care but I’m afraid I do because someone has to. These problems shouldn’t even have to come this far and I even know that there is a dedicated fire and safety team working for BAA and should be sorting these problems out without us having to keep on their backs. We fall into a bit of a trap as many of us are working for a handling agent and is BAA are the operators so communication is difficult at the best of time but also seems to fall on deaf ears. I’d like to see what the health and safety executive would have to say about all this because especially with the airport being a place dealing with a high volume of the general public, safety should be on the list of priorities but just seems to be overlooked.
Any suggestions on what to do and does anyone agree??!! Sorry to go on but needed to get it off my chest :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

Buster the Bear
21st Oct 2006, 09:06
http://www.finfacts.com/irelandbusinessnews/publish/article_10007744.shtml

jack_essex
21st Oct 2006, 09:25
Every day passengers miss their flights at STN becasue it has been taking over an hour to get through security! When you check in on time I would be furious if I missed my flight becasue of the mess at security. Passengers take it out on the airlines when they get told they have missed the flight, it is BAA they need to be complaining to.

LGS6753
21st Oct 2006, 18:08
The chaos at Stansted every morning is because it has taken on far too much traffic. BAA seem determined to undercut their main rival, Luton, to secure new business which they are simply unable to service. They undercut by the simple expedient of cross-subsidizing from hugely profitable Heathrow and Gatwick.

Where people actually want to fly from (north of London) is Luton. Unfortunately for the travelling public, Luton is controlled even now by the moronic Luton Borough Council, who are holding up the investment the airport's new owners want to make.

No airline actually wants to fly from Stansted, they do so because there is capacity available on the (subsidized) cheap.

xxx5572
22nd Oct 2006, 15:31
No airline actually wants to fly from Stansted.....................:confused:

Forgive me for asking but do you speak collectively on behalf of ALL airlines operating at the moment?? Or as i suspect its your personal opinion.
Yes the ques on some days are pretty bad bad and causes quite a bit of disruption however lets be honest do the airlines really care as i know Ryanair were asking passengers to pay for a whole new ticket if they missed their flight and EZY will ask sometimes for the transfer fee, hence why they dont scream and shout too much about it because there just lining their pockets.
Plus the recent problem has only arisen since the events in August so are having to adapt to a new way of doing things so hopefully soon the rough patch will be over and back to a smooth running operation.

Ametyst
22nd Oct 2006, 16:37
Stop making excuses!!!

Other airports have had to adapt since 10th August and have done so with the minimum of disruption to passengers. The situation at Stansted is disgraceful. If people check-in on time then the least the airport can do is to provide the facilities in order for these passengers to catch their flights.

It has been over 2 months since the initial alert it is time to stop making them an excuse for the BAA's inability to provide a functioning airport.

xxx5572
22nd Oct 2006, 17:31
In no way am excusing what the airport is doing, I myself work for one of the handling agents and not BAA so have experienced first hand the chaos that arrises on the days when the staffing level is extra low and unable to cope.
As far as I am aware BAA took on temp staff for the busy summer time and towards the end these contracts ran out and yes BAA made a huge misscalculation in the way the new security measures would affect this particular airport, and I couldnt agree with you more in that all the other airports dont seem to be suffering from this problem however its just the way it is and they are already recruiting new permanent staff. It is also a case of quality not quantity, if for example BAA did a massive recruitment drive and took anyone that went for it they could have huge problems if a month into it they find the staff are not any good, chaos would happen again and mistakes would be made which being an airport can cost peoples lives.
In a month or so the sutuation should be ok and BAA will be able look at this as a big lesson. All busineses make mistakes just as people do and some mistakes are bigger than others but all mistakes are there to learn from. :ok:

Buster the Bear
23rd Oct 2006, 09:20
http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1929131,00.html

ORAC
23rd Oct 2006, 12:15
Where people actually want to fly from (north of London) is Luton And what evidence do you base that on?

Personally, I prefer to fly from Stansted because it is the most convenient for me. Second choice is Heathrow, third choice is Gatwick. You only get me into Luton kicking and screaming if I have no other choice of carrier. And yes, I live north of London, Essex to be precise.

TUGNBAR
23rd Oct 2006, 15:34
Sorry to butt in to this Security Thread:zzz: but I heard today (as you do) that Aviance are now reconsidering getting back into handling pax at Stansted. Anyone know if this is true

LGS6753
23rd Oct 2006, 16:31
Predictably, my posting has provoked the Stansted brigade into complaints.

I said: "Where people actually want to fly from (north of London) is Luton." That is based on the well-researched fact that Luton has the largest catchment area of any airport in the UK except LCY and Heathrow. It is also based on surface accessibility (the M11 peters out north of STN, and the rail link is a dead end), whereas the M1 continues past LTN to Milton Keynes, Northampton, the east Midlands and Yorkshire, and Midland Mainline/Thameslink serve the south coast, south London, central & north London, Bedford, Kettering, Leicester, Derby, Nottingham, Sheffield, etc. There are also 6 National Express coach links to north, south, east and west.

I guess there are a few Essex men for whom Stansted is easier to access, but you can say that about Kentish men preferring Lydd. The fact remains that Luton is better placed, but has been severely disadvantaged by the accident of ownership.

I said "No airline actually wants to fly from Stansted"; possibly a slight exaggeration,:} but over the last fifteen years, most of the airlines now at Stansted chose Luton initially, but were either bribed away by BAA corrupt practices, or feared future lack of capacity at Luton caused by the uneven planning regimes covering these two airports. Go originally planned operations at Luton; Ryanair and TNT made Luton their London base until bribed into Stansted by BAA; Sky Europe preferred Luton, and FlyGlobespan is the latest in a long line to have to go to the wilds of Essex, despite preferring Bedfordshire.

WHBM
24th Oct 2006, 07:24
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6079250.stm

OK BAA Stansted. You have screwed up the pax's half-term holidays by your bungling handling of security checks (see so many posts above) which meant that many missed their flights.

And then you have the barefaced cheek to come up with a ange of excuses like:

"It's the first half-term holiday since the new regulations" (ignoring the fact that they were in force during much of August, the peak holiday month).

You knew how many pax are expected each day.

The airlines have NOT increased their schedules this week.

And yet you cannot have the staff in place to process the expected numbers.

When will the airport manager and the security manager at Stansted finally be rumbles by those at BAA HQ and be replaced ? Or is it a case of "Never mind, their costs are within their budget, so that's alright then".

Musket90
24th Oct 2006, 17:54
I think problem is that with increased Security measures STN is putting thru too many pax at peak times that one terminal and too few staff can cope with. The other airports mentioned have more than one terminal with each processing less than STN and probably more staff to deal with it.

Heard that more Security staff are on the way so things can only get better, time will tell.

pamann
24th Oct 2006, 21:17
"Take a deep breath, and get over it!"
I too live in London, and I know what my first choice would be! Stansted Anyday :D
Sky Europe preferred Luton, and FlyGlobespan is the latest in a long line to have to go to the wilds of Essex, despite preferring Bedfordshire.
And please state your sources???
Predictably, my posting has provoked the Stansted brigade into complaints.

No cos we're out numbered by the Luton thread who can't bare to not see Luton at the top of this list daily!
Get a life! :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

rusty_c
25th Oct 2006, 13:43
Nice one! Ive always thought that!

Typical old luton fanatics, bitter.
Sour grapes never win!

I dont think bribery was the case with the said airlines, probably offered a more attractive package at STN. More attractive airport maybe?

Its time that you guys really do stop moaning about the lack of investment and realise that there maybe a reason for it?
Theres alot for LTN to do before it can truly be up there with STN!

daz211
25th Oct 2006, 14:05
I agree STN is a better airport than LTN, but thats just my own view.
STN and LTN might go head to head with the new airline Silverjet,
and a route that is due to start in Apr 2007 STN-BDA this route
will operate under the name Flyjet or Silverjet,
It will be interesting to see, if operated under the name Silverjet,
which airport LTN or STN will prove to be a better market, maybe
Silverjet would consider a full move to STN or move BDA to LTN.

pabely
25th Oct 2006, 16:42
daz211

:=

Weren’t Flyjet supposed to be running the service on behalf of flyfirstclass and not in their own right? The new masters might have new ideas on running it for themselves in the future. Everything Silverjet has released to the Stock Exchange and Press talks about London Luton, not Stansted.
Now, don't fuel STN v LTN.

carousel
27th Oct 2006, 19:34
Every day passengers miss their flights at STN becasue it has been taking over an hour to get through security! When you check in on time I would be furious if I missed my flight becasue of the mess at security. Passengers take it out on the airlines when they get told they have missed the flight, it is BAA they need to be complaining to.

I suppose that the delays (actualy up to two hours) are all due to BAA security staff causing holdups so they can stay on and do a bit of overtime, or could it be that PAX are so stupid that the think that nobody will notice their extra bag (one bag only)their bottle of water (no liquids) their hairgel,deoderants,liquid makeup,cigarette lighters, and all the other items clearly listed on notices websites and various media releases that the traveling public think only apply to others, which are then discovered at central search and then argued over slowing the whole process. Send them all through NAKED WITH NO BAGGAGE and see how the delays are reduced.

jack_essex
28th Oct 2006, 10:09
True, the amount of people getting sent back to check in after 'attempting' to get through security is ridiculous. Some passengers as you already mentioned, think that cosmetics and allowed, toiletries etc. 'But you didn't tell me I wasn't allowed my lip gloss'. Well the phrase liquid cosmetics includes anything well... liquid! Lol.

I agree BAA security needs to do an awful lot more to ease the security mess at STN but this problem is not helped by the fact passengers think they can get away with taking all these items through.

Skipness One Echo
28th Oct 2006, 20:04
Nor is it helped by manually searching 2/3 bags as happened yesterday! The lady at the xray desk looked REALLY stressed. They are spending way too much time looking for harmless items like water from normal families they are missing other stuff I have no doubt. The amount of attention a family with sunscreen in a bag consumes is frightening.
everyone is now a suspected bomber and that is just PC gone nuts.

Jordan D
29th Oct 2006, 12:07
Unusually, I'm going to defend STN: Three weeks back I made it through security for my 0820 dept to EDI in under 20minutes, and there were indeed long queues. Not ideal, but definitely not an hour.

Now I hope I haven't spoken too soon, as I'm going thru STN on the 06/11, so we'll see how it is then.

Jordan

carousel
29th Oct 2006, 19:37
You are right! security screeners should not be wasting time harassing the genuine traveller,so why the hell is Mr/Mrs Traveller still putting sunscreen in his/her hand baggage.
Oh by the way if you could add a description of the genuine terrorist it could help a lot of folks out:ugh:

daz211
30th Oct 2006, 13:33
I have just noticed that (GM) will have 3 flights a week out of STN
from 03NOV flt GM515 will opp STN-BTS with a 737-200 until 25OCT
on a friday departing at 1955,
followed by 17DEC flt GM517 STN-BTS with 757-200 opp until 25OCT
departing at 1330 on sundays,
and also from 15DEC flt GM517 dep's on a friday 2030 STN-BTS until
25OCT using 757-200.

Mr Flaps
1st Nov 2006, 22:03
It seems that Maxjet have a small problem from tomorrow's flight to Las Vegas they are running out of planes. They have one tec and flights running late to JFK. They need an aircraft in STN for 1300 local tomorrow to run the flight to Vegas. Will it be late or on time. This is Maxjet so anything is possible.
Maxjet have a new plane. Well new to them and once agian it is from the desert. So sand everywhere.

tommyc2005
2nd Nov 2006, 13:07
Noticed a few MPJ flights of late from Vienna, my search has thrown up very little info other than an article in German from Google that states they have commenced flying from STN (as well as LGW and CGN) under the name of Golden City to Mumbai, and from December will add Goa, Gochin, Jaipur and Amritsar connecting through Vienna. The article also says that these flights have been financed by the same man that has taken over Air.

Does anyone have any info on these flights? It seems a bit odd that there has been no announcement and no promotion. They appear to operate in addition to the Air Slovakia flights, but info on those is sketchy too. You would think for flights to India there would have been a lot more said.

Stanstedeye
2nd Nov 2006, 18:23
I have just noticed that (GM) will have 3 flights a week out of STN
from 03NOV flt GM515 will opp STN-BTS with a 737-200 until 25OCT
on a friday departing at 1955,
followed by 17DEC flt GM517 STN-BTS with 757-200 opp until 25OCT
departing at 1330 on sundays,
and also from 15DEC flt GM517 dep's on a friday 2030 STN-BTS until
25OCT using 757-200.

daz211,
Have you noted that according to STN these flights are no-stop,
and take 3.30 hours! (Slow or what)

tommyc2005
3rd Nov 2006, 09:43
Stanstedeye, some GM flights op o/b via BHX so 3:30 is about right. However clearly non-stop is wrong, and the timetable seems inaccurate on some of the other timings.

Stanstedeye
5th Nov 2006, 17:57
Does anyone know why three codes are being used for these flights:
BPS/BPT & JXT.

captainyonder
6th Nov 2006, 09:12
BPS and JXT will be Manx2 opeated by BASe and Jetstream Executive I think.

Buster the Bear
21st Nov 2006, 16:01
http://www.responsesource.com/releases/rel_display.php?relid=QEiQm

ORAC
28th Nov 2006, 06:15
The Grauniad: Council set to reject Stansted expansion (http://business.guardian.co.uk/story/0,,1957682,00.html)

The dangers of climate change will be used this week as a reason to ditch a plan to double passenger numbers at London Stansted airport, the home of Ryanair. A local council is expected to turn down planning permission, partly on the grounds that the Stern review and other studies have highlighted the danger of rising carbon emissions.

The move will be a huge blow to operator BAA and its new parent company Ferrovial of Spain, which paid £10.5bn for the airports operator earlier this year. It also highlights the contradiction in government policies between encouraging aviation - a major carbon dioxide polluter - and trying to halt global warming.

Planning officers from Uttlesford district council, the local authority for Stansted, have recommended the application be dumped when the development control committee meets on Wednesday. "The importance of climate change as a global issue and the mounting research evidence to support a policy review has increased in recent months. Given all the emerging information, coupled with the timing of the Stern review in the course of the application, it is considered that it would be premature to grant planning permission," says their report.

There should at least be clarification by the government as to whether part of its response to Stern and other recent research will be to withdraw or amend its air transport white paper, they add.

Council officers also refer to last year's Tyndall Centre report showing that the rapid growth in air travel threatens to wipe out the other savings in carbon emissions; and they highlight a recent report from Oxford University's Environmental Change Institute which called on the government to confront the contradictions in its policies. The institute concluded: "Unless the rate of growth in flights is curbed the UK cannot fulfil its commitments on climate change." The council officers have recommended rejection on eight other grounds too.

The expansion of Stansted's terminal building would be expected to lift the total number of regular passenger and cargo annual flights through the Essex airport from 186,000 to 265,000.

Hollymead
28th Nov 2006, 09:10
Travelling via STN last Friday my security check was done by a Labourer from LPL Constuction , the BAA's building contractors , who was on overtime working in central search !!

TUGNBAR
28th Nov 2006, 12:02
Travelling via STN last Friday my security check was done by a Labourer from LPL Constuction , the BAA's building contractors , who was on overtime working in central search !!

Your security check was not done by a Labourer from LPL.

The BAA have asked them and many other companies I believe to assist loading the bags on to the xray so to free up the trained BAA Security Staff.

PAXboy
29th Nov 2006, 21:26
the BBC now confirm the report from the Guardian:
Stansted expansion plan refused BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/6194346.stm)
Expansion plans for Stansted Airport which could boost passenger numbers have been rejected, amid objections including the effect on climate change. Uttlesford Council turned down BAA's planning application to increase passenger numbers to 35m a year.

Robing
1st Dec 2006, 09:01
As some observers will have understood the growth of Stansted and Luton is pulling traffic from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and London, traffic that makes a surface journey north to then, in 85% of cases, fly back south.

Terminal, runway and ASK capacity should be developed such that it reflects overall direction of air travel and thus reduces DOC/CO2; Sectorisation.

eu01
1st Dec 2006, 11:20
As some observers will have understood the growth of Stansted and Luton is pulling traffic from Kent, Sussex, Surrey and London, traffic that makes a surface journey north to then, in 85% of cases, fly back south.
With some incentives, FR might consider using Kent International Airport as well, I guess. Could be a noteworthy solution, don't you think?

cesare.caldi
1st Dec 2006, 17:29
On sale now Easyjet summer 2007 flights from London Stansted!

GBALU53
22nd Dec 2006, 09:56
Stansted will lose its connection with Jersey in the Channel Islands again.

The new owners of Atlantic Express made the annoucement yesterday afternoon that as of the middle of January the service will be terminated (Nice Christmas presant for all concerned)

The Jersey route has seen a number of Schedule carriers over the last thirty years on the route to name some like Jersey European, Flybe,Air Uk, KLM U.K ,Aurigny Air Services and last but least Atlantic Express.

With Air Berlin making a large presence at Stansted and operating a number of U.K. domestic services would this one attrack them with a Fokker 100 servic?.

Very disappointing news the Jersey Aurthorities are trying to encourage new routes but they dont seem to be able to keep what they have.

The CAA annouced on the 12th of December the Atlantic Expess has now there own A.O.C. then this happens.

eidah
29th Dec 2006, 17:54
Went through the staff entrance today at stansted I could not believe how rude the Ryanair staff were being treated by BAA. Its ridiculus this poor girl must have been only new in the company was been shouted out, then someone else was. Its awful is it anywonder Ryanair get so many complaints about the staff when they are treated like that as they are comming in to work by BAA. Is it just Stansted that the BAA staff are rude and ignorant or is it a general thing

sat1
29th Dec 2006, 22:47
eidah

Its all part of their induction training programme!!!!:}

pabely
30th Dec 2006, 02:36

The new owners of Atlantic Express made the annoucement yesterday afternoon that as of the middle of January the service will be terminated (Nice Christmas presant for all concerned)

The Jersey route has seen a number of Schedule carriers over the last thirty years on the route to name some like Jersey European, Flybe,Air Uk, KLM U.K ,Aurigny Air Services and last but least Atlantic Express.

With Air Berlin making a large presence at Stansted and operating a number of U.K. domestic services would this one attrack them with a Fokker 100 servic?.

Very disappointing news the Jersey Aurthorities are trying to encourage new routes but they dont seem to be able to keep what they have.

Air Berlin!!!! I'm afraid the Luton flights by TUI will make that a no brainier.

EI-BUD
30th Dec 2006, 05:00
Air Berlin!!!! I'm afraid the Luton flights by TUI will make that a no brainier.

Pabely , I have to say that I understand your comment that the Thomsonfly Luton Jersey flight will make that a no brainer, but i am not fully in agreement. Air Berlin are flying STNBHD and the flights have not effected any Easyjet flights between Belfast and STN or LTN for that matter. However, the only airline that seems to be effected is bmi BHDLHR. So i cant see there being any difference in a STNJER link. many of the passengers would go via STN to germany and cheaply too as has probably been the case on BHDSTN route.

There is a good distance between LTN and STN and the catchments in each area should be well able to support individual services. It will be the passengers that originate in Jersey that wont mind which of the two airports that they land at ?

By the way does anyone know if the passengers that fly Jersey London are mainly Jersey originating or UK originating.....Proportion??
Happy new year everyone!

Buster the Bear
30th Dec 2006, 09:03
20 years ago, Jersey was a major draw for tourists, today many of the Guest Houses and Hotels have been converted into apartments and offices mainly for the financial services industry which has grown considerably in size.

As the tourist numbers have declined, the prices for available rooms on Island have remained very high, thus making Jersey a very expensive destination compared to the likes of Prague, Riga, Budapest etc for those looking for a short break.

I priced a weekend away in Jersey compared to Budapest on a number of dates last year and on average, Jersey worked out 75-100% more expensive.

Jersey is a limited market, which by its nature has a peak 4 months during high summer. A daily 737 from Luton seems excessive capacity, but we will see what the loads are like, and if the yields are good the service might continue throughout the year?

airhumberside
30th Dec 2006, 17:58
Dont forget Air Berlin have a mini hub at STN so connections to Germany (plus a few other destinations) would be possible. And I know ther Germans do like Jersey. It wouldn't be much extra traffic, but it would be another source of passengers other than those just going between Jersey and London

Stanstedeye
31st Dec 2006, 13:19
The CAA annouced on the 12th of December the Atlantic Expess has now there own A.O.C. then this happens.
It does appear that GSM have dropped their daily STN-YHM for summer 07,
although it is still shown on the STN site.

pamann
31st Dec 2006, 14:14
It does appear that GSM have dropped their daily STN-YHM for summer 07
Are you sure? It's still bookable on GSM's website. What makes you think it has been dropped?

mmeteesside
31st Dec 2006, 14:47
This was a separate operation to the UK 'regional' flights from YHM. All of those DSA/NCL/BHX/LPL/EXT/BFS flights were operated from YHM-(ukairport)-YHM, not from STN-(ukairport)-YHM!

mmeteesside

Stanstedeye
31st Dec 2006, 17:31
They can't afford to drop it surely. With all flights going via somewhere else in the UK. I will believe this one when I see it, or as the case may be, i'll believe it when I don't see it.
Gaz

Has been deleted from flyglobespan website.
Did this change happen when GSM's winter timetable STN-TFS was amended?

toledoashley
31st Dec 2006, 22:46
With bmi on the JER route from LHR, do we need the STN route. I know quite a while ago U2 was looking at JER and IOM but nothing seems to have come from it.

On a side note - have booked to go to BIO in May - really glad to see that the flight has gone 2x daily.

EI-BUD
1st Jan 2007, 02:10
[quote=toledoashley;3045480]With bmi on the JER route from LHR, do we need the STN route. I know quite a while ago U2 was looking at JER and IOM but nothing seems to have come from it.

I didnt hear anything about bmi doing LHRJER.. do you have any news on this ???

GCIJ32
1st Jan 2007, 22:14
Has anyone heard anymore rumours that Channel Island Airline BlueIslands might be taking over the Jersey-Stansted route, may prove quite lucrative twice a day in a 19 seater aircraft then twice a day in a 50 seater aircraft.

nt639
2nd Jan 2007, 17:53
looks like Air Asia are to announce Stansted flights on friday!

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlebusiness.aspx?type=businessNews&storyID=2007-01-02T032425Z_01_KLR134773_RTRUKOC_0_UK-AIRASIA.xml&WTmodLoc=Business-C1-Headline-1

GW76
2nd Jan 2007, 20:39
It does appear that GSM have dropped their daily STN-YHM for summer 07,
although it is still shown on the STN site.
Eh....no. Still fully bookable daily flights via smaller airport.Prices starting at £69 exc taxes:rolleyes:

pamann
2nd Jan 2007, 21:03
Looks like Stansted is to get it's long awaited longhaul service to the Far East! Any ideas as to what aircraft Air Asia plan to use?

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/arti...-C1-Headline-1

:ok:

sat1
4th Jan 2007, 08:08
Scrooge is alive and well and working for servisair.Seems they could not afford a xmas meal for their boys on xmas day.Of course this is only rumour,I could have heard wrong,but I doubt it!!!!!!

TUGNBAR
4th Jan 2007, 19:21
Sat1

Well I have never had a xmas meal when working xmas day by my employer and I would'nt expect it. As long as I get my triple time Im happy.
So as a reply all i can say is so what! :sad:

G-APDK
5th Jan 2007, 15:00
Pamann

The latest on the long haul/low cost from Malaysia indicates that the company is talking to Boeing and Airbus about leasing 777 or A330 respectively.

A full report can be found at
http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?Feed=AP&Date=20070103&ID=6310192

G-APDK

Stanstedeye
10th Jan 2007, 18:28
Eh....no. Still fully bookable daily flights via smaller airport.Prices starting at £69 exc taxes:rolleyes:

FlyGlobespan's timetable listing is once again showing the STN-YHM service.

G-APDK
22nd Jan 2007, 10:27
More new routes from Stansted

Sun Express are reported to be starting two new services see,
http://www.abtn.co.uk/New_flights_between_Stansted_and_Turkey

but no news on the IZMIR service that was planned with A319s, presumably they are still short of aircraft.

G-APDK

airhumberside
22nd Jan 2007, 17:03
Article says Izmir service starts in March

gms1991
22nd Jan 2007, 18:52
With bmi on the JER route from LHR, do we need the STN route. I know quite a while ago U2 was looking at JER and IOM but nothing seems to have come from it.

On a side note - have booked to go to BIO in May - really glad to see that the flight has gone 2x daily.

Easyjet doesn't operate to the IOM because it is something like 50m short of A319 full operations to a LON airport. I'm guessing that U2 aren't planning on compromising any empty seats on their a/c like FR do on alot of their flights to smaller airports.

Don't know about JER.

Powerjet1
24th Jan 2007, 13:07
Wizz to start a daily flight from Katowice to STN from 29 May.

airhumberside
24th Jan 2007, 13:09
What does this mean for their LTN operations then - is Katowice just to take advantage that no one else serves it from STN or are Wizz going to focus on Essex in the future?

Buster the Bear
24th Jan 2007, 19:09
With the amount of labour required to build the Olympic Games venues, this is hardly surprising?

OR

Massive COUP for the BAA and watch this space for more?

If I was within Luton Borough Council, I would be rather worried!

Dave T-S
24th Jan 2007, 20:08
And I know ther Germans do like Jersey

I just can't let this one go without comment:}

Well, they did pop over for an extended holiday around 1940 ;)

Note: this is meant for light hearted amusement only, not in any way racist :)

jack_essex
25th Jan 2007, 10:24
I'm hoping someone will know what this is all about? In the Sat 2 Domestics there are lots of signs up everywhere saying that if you are a regular flyer to UK destinations from STN you will notice that from Feb the gates are all changing and that you will/may no longer be boarding from the same/similar gates as you are currently. I don't really know how you could change the domestic gates?

Tranceaddict
25th Jan 2007, 22:11
I'm hoping someone will know what this is all about? In the Sat 2 Domestics there are lots of signs up everywhere saying that if you are a regular flyer to UK destinations from STN you will notice that from Feb the gates are all changing and that you will/may no longer be boarding from the same/similar gates as you are currently. I don't really know how you could change the domestic gates?
From 1st Feb any domestic departure can be from any gate
i.e you could catch a flight to GLA from gate 2 in sat 1, 37 in sat 2 or gate 45 in sat 3 (or indeed a "traditonal" domestic gate)
Domestic inbounds will still arrive through the domestic gates in Sat 2, or be bussed inbound.

jack_essex
26th Jan 2007, 08:43
Well that will be fun for the passengers! LOL. Lots more pax ending up in the wrong sat.

Jordan D
26th Jan 2007, 10:02
Dare I ask why the sudden change to the location of domestics?

Jordan

johnref
26th Jan 2007, 10:09
Jordan D

I would guess that the domestics sit empty at times when an International flight needs a gate - meaning buses to and from if they have no choice other than use that gate - change the method and you might get higher gate utilisation across the airport.

Tranceaddict
26th Jan 2007, 14:55
Dare I ask why the sudden change to the location of domestics?
Jordan
Not a sudden change, but something that has been asked for for a long long time. Just been waiting for the approval from the relevant authoritys.
Why should domestic departing passengers have to use certain gates when all the passengers mix in the departure lounge anyway?
Why should inbound international outbound domestic flights be limited to using the handful of dual gates, which at times can get very congested causing delays and inconvenience to passengers?
Its all basic common sense and makes for far better use of all available stands and gates.
The only people who may get confused to begin with are the regular flyer's who traditionally have always go from certain gates, hence the reason for the large signs advising them to check their gate numbers. Which all passengers should do every time they fly anyway.

Miss World
28th Jan 2007, 14:02
I posted on here yesterday asking does anyone who works from Stansted know what work Titan Airways generally do.. ie, is most of their work sub charters for other airlines or do they focus on VIP work?

Not really sure why it would be removed!!! as its an AIRLINE based at Stansted AIRPORT and i'm asking what ROUTES they do.

Thanks x

Stanstedeye
28th Jan 2007, 18:25
Miss World

They undertake charter, and some cargo operations. No VIP as far as I know.

WHBM
28th Jan 2007, 20:35
They (Titan) undertake charter, and some cargo operations. No VIP as far as I know.
They do some "quasi-VIP" work. Not with exec interiors, but if you want a charter to the Formula One in Monaco for 100 guests, or that sort of thing, Titan is a good first call. At the other end of the scale they do pilgrimage charters with disabled pax to Lourdes. The key is ad-hoc work rather than regular weekly series work for tour companies.

Much of their charter capacity goes in subcharters to other carriers when an aircraft goes tech or similar situations. They can sub-charter their 146s to London City operators as they have approprately qualified crews for the steep approach.

mmeteesside
28th Jan 2007, 21:10
They can sub-charter their 146s to London City operators as they have approprately qualified crews for the steep approach.

Indeed they can, they fly EDI-LCY-EDI on weekdays for Scot Airways in the 146 - going down on a morning and back in the evening (then onto the mail flight to Filton swapping with the other 146 on the FZO-EDI)

sat1
6th Feb 2007, 23:24
Does anyone know what has happened to the handling agent AGS at stansted.All the equipment parked up with no activity.Also is it true that servisair are in trouble?

xxx5572
6th Feb 2007, 23:36
Nothing has happened to AGS at all as far as i know, as they are a relatively small handling agent they are able to park all their equipment in one place unlike those of swissport and servisair that cant do that with the ammount of equipment.
This is unless you know something we dont, Why are you led to believe Sevisair are in trouble, seem to have enough contracts to be healthy at least. :uhoh:

sat1
7th Feb 2007, 07:36
grapevine sez 'airberlin not happy'

tommyc2005
7th Feb 2007, 08:29
To add fuel to Sat1's fire, the Captain was furious on my last AB flight to the point that he announced to everyone his disatisfaction with the ground handling and apologised for the disruption it was causing - no one to op the bridge on arrival, then no stairs appeared either so the pax were very late disembarking, the capt said they had twice requested boarding to start but no one came, then as we sat on board waiting for bags that hadn't been loaded the power became disconnected and we sat in the dark for about 10 mins, the temp drops very quickly! Eventually got away 90+ mins late. I observed staff in the terminal arguing over which a/c was which too ('This is the Tegel' 'No, thats the Tegel, this is the Hanover' ' No, this is Nuremberg, Hanover is on 22(?)' ), which really didn't give a good impression.

TUGNBAR
7th Feb 2007, 08:55
I have heard whispers that there is something going on with AGS and AVIANCE. But no hard proof so I can only speculate

Sat1 you obviously know more than you are letting on. So come on submit your knowledge:=

jack_essex
7th Feb 2007, 12:42
From April 15th, Eos Airlines will start three extra weekly JFK - STN flights. In addition to the twice daily service, the extra flights will be on Sun, Thurs and Fri from JFK and then on Sun, Mon and Fri from STN.

Mr Flaps
7th Feb 2007, 14:35
Servisair accounts are due at the end of next month and the company is suffering from a cash flow problem at the moment. All over time on full time staff has been banned until further notice. There is still over time going for part time staff. The company is hiring more staff at Stansted and at other UK airports. So this cash problem is not expected to last. I have been informed that this happens some times during the winter months.

Stanstedeye
7th Feb 2007, 18:14
Ryanair has announced an increase in flights to Brussels South from 4 to 16 per week from June 1st.

itsonthebox
7th Feb 2007, 18:28
From a source in Wickesair. AGS STN gone to Aviance who have won the Air Berlin contract. Rumour or fact??? I guess we will all know soon.
Does this mean Aviance is back to pax work??

gms1991
7th Feb 2007, 18:39
I thought that 4 was a bit low, but increaseing the service by 4 times instantly! WOW!

With FR, they coud fly a 744 on some of their routes and still fill them up! Image!

rusty_c
7th Feb 2007, 21:23
The rumours are all well and good BUT.... would servisair really let their biggest contract go so easily?

A small handling agent dealing with 5 flights a day max is not really going to be able to start, at the drop of a hat with transfers of baggage and pax 4 times a day 6 times a week. I think it could be a nice kick up the ass rumour for servisair.

Servisair have dedicated staff and are even starting to put staff on familiarisation training. That would be alot of money wasted by the airline if they were to bugger off to another handling agent in a few months time.

It might be a rumour, it might be true. I think if it is true servisair will be up sh*t creek with no paddle and there will be major restructuring and p45s in the post!

Servisair management> :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Hollymead
7th Feb 2007, 21:54
""The rumours are all well and good BUT.... would servisair really let their biggest contract go so easily?""ER .. Air UK , Go , Ryanair were all let go very easily .

DONTTELLTHEPAX
7th Feb 2007, 21:58
So so true, and if Thomson are leaving Stansted after this summer, I dont know how Servisair will see next winter out.

Mr Flaps
8th Feb 2007, 11:48
With regards to Thompson leaving Stansted they plan to run a full summer and winter timetable up until the end of the year.
The rumour about Air Berlin moving across to AGS is surprising but it would not surprise me. I think the move, if it did come out would be a long time coming. While on the topic of Air Berlin the airline is planning to start extra Paderborn services and fly to Zurich direct from Stansted.
There are enough new airlines looking at Stansted to keep Servisair at Stansted.

sat1
9th Feb 2007, 21:05
Maybe,but.........why do they have such a history of losing airlines in this manner? \\\\\\\\\i'm talking about AIR UK,GO and RYANAIR.

Captain Airclues
11th Feb 2007, 14:51
Heard a rumour that the ex-AFX 747 which has been parked on the north side for several years is going to be flown out (engine runs have been done). Could somebody please tell me the intended route so that I can ensure that I'm not anywhere near.

Airclues

sat1
11th Feb 2007, 18:10
Big announcement expected from AVIANCE at Stansted tomorrow-monday 12th-Hhmmmmm.......I wonder what that will be about.
It seems to be all change at the moment,who would fancy Easyjet teaming up with Servisair. Next thing you know Ryanair will be teaming up with Monarch!!!

G-APDK
11th Feb 2007, 20:35
The AFX 747 is rumoured to be going to Prestwick and then for operations in the far east (both Philippines and Indonesia have been mentioned).

Engine runs were undertaken last week but problems were apparently identified. Also inspection hatchs on both sides of the fin have been left open since last week, exposing the inside to snow and rain.

Hollymead
11th Feb 2007, 20:43
Are Easyjet having problems with Swissport then ?

TUGNBAR
12th Feb 2007, 09:16
I'm surprised it was given permission to run its engines where it is currently parked. It will surely have to go to the runbay for a real test, and I haven't seen move.
Does anyone know when they plan to fly it out?? Scarey:eek: :eek:

Hey Sat1 Aviance take over AGS as from the 15th Feb and they will be handling Air Berlin that is probably the announcement.

rusty_c
12th Feb 2007, 20:15
So anyone know what happened with the press conference?

DONTTELLTHEPAX
13th Feb 2007, 19:31
Backers sought for airline to operate Stansted - Bangladesh flights

A businessman seeking investors for a start an airline linking London Stansted and Bangladesh, the Telegraph newspaper reports.
Having researched the project for the past 18 months, Belal Rouf has drawn up plans for the new carrier, Airest, which would operate three return flights to Dhaka a week. The airline would run direct services without any stop-overs.
With plans for offices in the heart of London's Bangladeshi community, Brick Lane in the East End, he has targeted the 300,000 people who make regular trips home to see friends and family as well as business traffic. Stansted has been chosen because it is near to where many potential passengers live.
Mr Rouf plans to launch the airline with fares starting from £430, against £499.90 and upwards offered by its rivals. The airline would operate to using a Boeing 767-300 ER with 12 first-class seats and premium passengers living within 31 miles of the airport offered chauffeured services.
Mr Rouf expects the airline to be profitable within two years with planes 90 percent full overall. By the end of 2009, his projections suggest an annual turnover of £18m and a net profit of £1.4m, the newspaper adds.

ped90
14th Feb 2007, 15:00
I've heard that EZY are going to Aviance and Air Berlin to Swissport. As far as timescales, I've no idea.

Obviously Servisairs workload is going to dramatically decrease, so I'd guess there could be some movement of staff to Aviance, who currently only handle Cargo flights (although if they take over AGS that will give them a start).

TUGNBAR
14th Feb 2007, 15:13
If this is true Swissport are probably glad to see the back of it.

Big changes for Aviance then...... no more sitting in the cargo shed all day

DONTTELLTHEPAX
14th Feb 2007, 16:56
Well from what I see, there is no more room in the baggage hall
for anymore lost baggage desks, they are all full, but from the past Aviance were never available to deal with missing baggage problem
anyway:ouch: .

sat1
15th Feb 2007, 09:14
servisair have 2 more pushback tugs on the way.both 2nd hand.1 from robin hood and 1 from john lennon.I guess that the future really is ORANGE.:ok:

Hollymead
15th Feb 2007, 10:01
Sat1 , in a post , now deleted , you implied that EZY were going to Aviance , now you are saying Servisair , are you making it up as you go along ?

sat1
15th Feb 2007, 11:38
ezy to aviance...I dont think so.Air berlin...now thats a different rumour.

TUGNBAR
15th Feb 2007, 16:07
Looks like its Sat1 whos going to be a busy boy then.:} :}

AGS were apparently finishing today has anyone seen Aviance carrying out passenger handling yet!!

freightdoggy dog
15th Feb 2007, 18:24
AGS boys are still around, pushed my aircraft this morning:ok: .

Aparently Aviance are keeping the "Brand" for the moment, so pax dont get confused!

As for Air Berlin.................

TUGNBAR
15th Feb 2007, 19:09
I remember back to when Aviance bought out MAS and there was major disputes arising with the unions with regard to the difference in pay (MAS was a lot higher) and from what I understand AGS is higher still.

sat1
16th Feb 2007, 11:48
there does appear to be some bad feeling

itsonthebox
16th Feb 2007, 15:44
Nah surprise mush.
AGS are T.U.P.E.d . So they ar earning more wonga than an Aviance guy for doin same job

GBALU53
21st Feb 2007, 07:48
Rumour has it Aurigny are looking at starting the Jersey route again.

it would seem a bit odd but with new ATR 72s joining the fleet they are looking at expanding and finding new routes or restarting ones they dropped before?

When Atlantic Express operated last year the load factors were heading to wards the 50% mark and looking bright for the forth comming summer.

Well if this does happen lots of competition on the London area routes as Thompson starts doing a daily Luton from Jersey shortly so would a Jersey-Stansted work or not?

gatebird
22nd Feb 2007, 19:33
I've just heard that servisair at STN are getting Easyjet as from the start of the summer season, apparently it's to do with swissport having alot of airside accidents,and also they handle it at every other airport.

finding_nema
22nd Feb 2007, 19:41
EasyJet are not handled by Servisair everywhere in the UK. As far as I'm aware, it is only at Bristol, Liverpool, London Gatwick and East Midlands in the UK where they're still handled by Servisair, everywhere else it's either aviance or Menzies.

Take up the Hold
22nd Feb 2007, 19:50
Serviceair handle EZY at GLA.

TUTH

crewboi83
22nd Feb 2007, 21:12
Circusair handle EZY at NCL

GBALU53
22nd Feb 2007, 22:54
Circusair dont handle Easyjet yet at JER

xxx5572
22nd Feb 2007, 23:34
Please please please, there has been so many rumours with handling agents all changing at Stansted and its all getting a bit carried away. Firstly Easyjet have signed a four year contract with swissport and so by my calculations there is still around two years left on this contract.
And secondly, 'airside accidents' like what?? ok maybe a set of steps or something but I think your a bit rash by implying there are loads :uhoh:

So really unless there has been a breach of contract in a major way then i doubt very much that easyjet will be handled by servisair for at least another two years. Maybe gatebird would be kind and try to expand a bit further in terms of who told you? are they in a position likely to have this info? how will the transition happen if at all? Great rumour though il give you full marks for that :p

tangoecho
23rd Feb 2007, 09:34
Serviceair handle EZY at ABZ.

But for much longer I don't know...:rolleyes:

Stu...

Mr Flaps
23rd Feb 2007, 12:34
Confirmed by a Servisair manager this week, Air Berlin are not moving across to Aviance. As for AGS well they are still going. The rumour about easyJet being handled by Servisair I will believe it the day I walk into the airport and be given an orange uniform and told to go and check an easyJet flight in.

gatebird
23rd Feb 2007, 14:22
in reply to you post xxx5572, Contracts dont really mean much these days, they could break that anytime they wished.

I would say, writing off a servisair tug, then hitting 2 jetbridges with the same set of steps, trying to write off A10 jetbridge twice in the same week counts as quite a few to me! I could go on but that would be boring........ :ugh:

I heard the rumor from a member of airport staff who should know a thing or two about who's going to be handling who. :8

Hollymead
23rd Feb 2007, 14:28
Erm ... none of them accidents involve EasyJet aircraft .

TUGNBAR
23rd Feb 2007, 14:49
Was just discussing this forum with a friend and he passed me this incident info from last year.

Some are quite serious and some quite comical

Vehicle overtook buggy which was turning right

Barrier came down on 2nd/3rd towed dollies

Pax Assistant knocked over by towed dollies

Loader got foot stuck betw brake/accel. struck bollard

Airbridge found resting on eng cowling

Set of steps hit another set and toppled over

Coach reversing struck parked belt loader

Towed steps struck pax barrier

Veh leaving airlock was struck by closing barrier

Ramp Loader struck head on eng exhaust

Cobus struck armco barrier

Loader's foot caught under belt loader

AC Engineer fell off steps whilst servicing aircraft

Hi Lo struck armco barrier

Steps toppled over whilst being towed

Engineer stepped off steps onto wood with nail protruding

Tug in collision with parked vehicle

Ranger chased piece of FOD and slipped in grass:E

Loader was in hurry and ran into baggage carts:eek: :eek:

Loader cut finger on bag, taken to hospital

AB struck steps

Steps struck Linkbridge

Steps struck Linkbridge

Whilst reversing beltloader, it struck aircraft

Airbridge collapsed

Aircraft pulled onto stand and struck baggage carts

Whilst pushing beltloader, Loader slipped and hurt knee

Baggage Dolly struck Fuelling Vehicle's door

Loader's hand caught in belt loader

Rear steps lowered and caused damage to door

Unlowered steps stuck Linkbridge

Rear steps removed from a/c, driver misjudged & hit wing

Grasscutter struck second of three parked trailers

Buggy struck armco

Fueller drove off with hose still attached to aircraft:ooh: :ooh:

Buggy struck main structural post of terminal

Whilst positioning steps at rear, contact with chute assem.

Buggy struck stationary beltloader

Whilst using mobile staff member fell down step

Parked minibus rolled back into barrier

Aircraft settled on Cargo Dolly

Ambilift stuck armco

AC deployed chutes on landing, smoke in cockpit

Ambilift stuck armco

freightdoggy dog
23rd Feb 2007, 15:57
Sounds more like a normal week at Stansted !

Liked the one about the loader in a hurry though!

xxx5572
23rd Feb 2007, 19:04
Im sorry Gate bird but i really dont agree there with your comment about contracts. A contract no matter how big or small is legally binding and cannot just be terminated like that. Im sure you would have something to say if it involved your job. I dont claim to be an expert but believe that for Ezy to termintate a contract with swissport it would be similar to a disciplinary procedure. If and an incident occured directly involved with ezy and one of their aircraft then a warning could be issued, if problems or incidents carried on and Ezy were again affected then they would issue a notice to swissport giving them a certain number of days to rectify the situation and only after then could they consider terminating the contract. Your views again seem very rash and have little substance to argue your point. And with the very good list of incidents none of them seem to involve any ezy aircraft directly so on what basis do ezy want to terminate the contract. And im sure many people at the airport know i thing or two about who handles who but i doubt they know what is going on with all handling agents and airlines. But then again you could prove me wrong by expanding in more detail about your rumour to see if it is more than just that.

If anyone knows a bit more on contracts then feel free to expand on my version :D

sat1
24th Feb 2007, 13:34
excuse me people,but if a company wishes to terminate a contract they would simply give notice ie 90 days to the 2nd party citing valid reasons and THAT WOULD BE IT!!!Seems to me that easyjet have ample reasons to do just THAT.Anyone who thinks different is naive in the extreme.

How servisair will cope with them remains to be seen.

Mr Flaps
24th Feb 2007, 18:55
Aviance have been given a ticket desk and a number of check-in desks at the end of Zone D. The Servisair signs have been taken down but at the moment we are still using these desks till AGS vanish from their current location between Zones E-F and stop using desks in Zone K.
With regards to EZY coming across to Servisair, I am not convinced that the airline will move. When I am walking around in orange and have a Servisair ID round my neck then I will believe it.
Iceland Express are looking at a possible move to Gatwick but after talking to the Iceland rep today nothing will happen until after this coming summer if at all.

Capt Wannabe
25th Feb 2007, 10:57
And with the very good list of incidents none of them seem to involve any ezy aircraft directly so on what basis do ezy want to terminate the contract.

Almost correct ! I believe there is one which involved an orange aircraft but not their handling agent at STN.

if a company wishes to terminate a contract they would simply give notice ie 90 days to the 2nd party citing valid reasons and THAT WOULD BE IT!!!

That is quite correct - 90 days notice is all that is needed from either party although quite often an improvement notice is involved.

Seems to me that easyjet have ample reasons to do just THAT.

Such as .......????

rusty_c
25th Feb 2007, 22:00
This is a bold one, considering alot of their pax fly in to stn and then off to other places in europe on EZY, AB, and FR

Also today, I spoke to someone from swissport and they said that theyve been told that theyre losing EZY, AB are off to aviance...... Dont shoot the messenger:rolleyes:

sat1
26th Feb 2007, 10:09
there are those who would say...BANG BANG!!!but,hey,what have i been saying about EZY.Maybe now people will take notice.With servisair the future is bright,the future is ORANGE.

Mr Flaps
26th Feb 2007, 16:00
Umm I think the airline would not be wise to move from STN, but as the rep said to me over the weekend the move is still in the early stages it may not even happen. Its up to Iceland Express.

So EZY are leaving Swissport hmmm. Still not sure yet! AB staying with Servisair till end of the summer. Aviance have made moves on EOS and Maxjet.

Thompsonfly are staying with Servisair for another three years.

xxx5572
26th Feb 2007, 16:08
That is quite correct - 90 days notice is all that is needed from either party although quite often an improvement notice is involved.

I stand corrected :\

Stanstedeye
26th Feb 2007, 18:59
Royal Bengal Airlines are planning a new service linking STN with Dhaka.
This new airline will be British/Bangladeshi owned.

TUGNBAR
2nd Mar 2007, 16:28
Just heard there has been an incident involving a belt loader and a tug and the tug driver is badly injured.

Does anyone have any better more solid information.

Hope the guys OK.......

ped90
2nd Mar 2007, 19:47
A Swissport easyjet belt loader T Boned a Swissport Ryanair electric buggy. The driver of the buggy had to be cut free by the fire brigade.

It happened this morning on the road around Sat 2 behind the Charlie 40 stands. The buggy driver is in hospital. Not exactly sure how bad his injuries are yet but it was very lucky that there was no passenger in the buggy as we could well have been talking about a fatality.

rusty_c
2nd Mar 2007, 21:02
When was the last time you saw a passenger being given a lift in a buggy??!! Oooo maybe these incidents are the reason why the futures ORANGE for servisair :ok: *awaits the barrage*

TUGNBAR
2nd Mar 2007, 21:06
I'm hearing reports that the guy driving the tug/buggy has got bad spinal injuries.
Having driven many different types, these Beltloaders are certainly not the safest things to drive due to the position of the driver and most can go very fast which can cause them to bounce out of control due to the weight of the belt or rocket launcher and if the driver is not belted down he too will bounce causing him to lose control (I stress this is just a thought).

But my fear is that turnround times has a big part to play in this as they were probably both rushing to get to their aircraft.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd Mar 2007, 13:16
Has anyone heard about or know of an airline called FlyFirstClass.biz they
are not up and running yet and tickets are not on sale, route Stansted to Bermuda, due to start very soon.:confused:

Capt Wannabe
3rd Mar 2007, 14:58
When was the last time you saw a passenger being given a lift in a buggy??!!

Very often - they do have 2 seats after all :confused:

I'm hearing reports that the guy driving the tug/buggy has got bad spinal injuries.

The buggy driver has no spinal injuries or physical breakages.

Has anyone heard about or know of an airline called FlyFirstClass.biz they
are not up and running yet and tickets are not on sale, route Stansted to Bermuda, due to start very soon.

Is this the FlyJet thing that's been floating around the rumour networks for some time? I think there were slots last summer for the route but nothing happened. Maybe this year.......

jack_essex
3rd Mar 2007, 15:45
The flights to Bermuda are on the arrivals/departure boards most days at STN. It has the flight and then cancelled next to it. It has been like that for ages.

rusty_c
3rd Mar 2007, 16:18
Flyjet were bought out by silverjet, mainly for their 762. I think this route has fallen by the wayside now, if it was to start it would be from LTN now

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd Mar 2007, 18:22
AIR ITALY are starting a new route Verona-Stansted looks 2x daily
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/7/72/300px-Air_Italy_B752_I-AIGA.jpg (http://www.answers.com/main/Record2?a=NR&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcommons.wikimedia.org%2Fwiki%2FImage%3AAir% 2520Italy%2520B752%2520I-AIGA.jpg)
but they will be using a B737-300 no as in pic above,
flights are due to start in June 2007, I wonder how Ryanair will respond
to this new route.
website seems to be in italian only :ugh: .

jet2_at_blk
3rd Mar 2007, 18:41
How the flipping heck can a small Italian carrier compete with the largest and most ruthless LC airline in Europe, especially in their own back yard!

It says one-way fares start from 35 euros - an FR service will get you that for return!

The only advantage of the Air Italy flight is that it has a better frequency at descent times.

I'm sorry, but is this just suicide?!:mad:

Why don't they try LTN, or venture further North to MAN or LPL?!

D-ABBT
3rd Mar 2007, 20:22
Any Idea of who will be doing these Air Italy Flights, AGS, Servisair, Swissport?? I guess they will give it a go for the summer, and like many routes and airlines, will pull out as soon as the kids go back to school.:ok:

SAM-EMA
3rd Mar 2007, 21:06
Are there still chances of the route between STN or LTN to Bermuda starting, as Zoom UK have applied for flights to Bermuda from LGW.

SAM-EMA

Mr Flaps
16th Mar 2007, 16:36
Management from Air India where up at Stansted today looking at the check-in facilities and out of size luggage. If they did move some flights up to STN they could be looking at a handling agent.
Air Berlin are having self service check-in machines installed in time for April they are going to have 4 in zone A, and First Choice are looking at long haul from flights from Stansted.

rusty_c
16th Mar 2007, 18:20
Corrrr it seems like Flappy is the man to know! I remember someone saying once that Air India and PIA never have the same handling agents, if thats right, thatll leave Servisair out!

Mr Flaps
16th Mar 2007, 18:44
That will give Swissport and Avaince something to fight over. Air Italy are being handled by Avanice. No one knows who will handle Wizz yet but it could be Aviance again.

xxx5572
16th Mar 2007, 18:59
With the return of Aviance at stansted this may be a chance for them if it true about Air India and PIA. Wonder whos aircraft would be actually fit to fly :\ especially with the recent events.

Finally someone has taken the brave step fowrard to introduce the self check in, it would be a dream if EZY did it with all the business pax that pass through, would save the check in staff a headache!

A helicopter landed on 14r on wed and rumours flew around that it was Emirates management having a look?? anyone know anymore on this? My guess is that they saw the state of disrepair that sat 1 is in and wanted to get back on :eek:

I noticed that the domestics is having some work done to it, is it just a few gates or are they trying to revamp the whole area and rearrange gates so that the desks are not around the corner from the gate entry area (gate 86 ) Does anyone know more of what the plans seem to be and when it will be completed by?

And i have seen that coopers end road has been closed but not very sure what is being done or built, is it an extension to the car hire places just done or something else.

Thank you to anyone who can shed any light regarding my questions, just curious as to what is going on. :hmm: All very busy at STN.

G-APDK
16th Mar 2007, 20:55
Air Moldova are also reportedly starting flights with A320s -2 days per week. Does anyone know from when and arrival times?
G-APDK

Capt Wannabe
16th Mar 2007, 22:23
Flaps : Are you sure it was Air India ?

xx5572 : There is a brief DN about Sat 2. Basically there is work being done to improve the layout of the Domestic Gates and in particular I think an improvement around 83. The 86 problem crops up all the time and is mentioned time and time again. As is the problem at 84 whereby there is a bit of wood in the way of the PSAs. (And NO, it can't just be moved :ugh: )

The chopper on 14 was quite exciting. Rumour has it the stairwell to gate 15 had been visited by cleaners earlier this decade in preparation.....;)

As for self-service............:\ :\ :\ :\

DONTTELLTHEPAX
16th Mar 2007, 23:03
Yes you are right, Air Moldova are starting Chisinau-Stansted route
on the 27th march using A320 aircraft.

Dep KIV 1545 Arr STN 1945 (Tue).
Dep KIV 1730 Arr STN 2030 (Fri).

Dep STN 2040 Arr KIV 0130+1 (Tue).
Dep STN 2130 Arr KIV 0220+1 (Fri).

Mr Flaps
17th Mar 2007, 17:30
As sure as I can be. About it being Air India, there where three of us all trying to catch a word while they where in Zone D.
Or if not it may have been Royal Bengal Airline.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
17th Mar 2007, 22:29
I see Eos have a flight from Stansted to Gander/Miami tomorrow anyone
know whats thats all about ?

Flt E09811 Dep STN 0900L 18/03/2007

WHBM
18th Mar 2007, 08:34
Eos have enough spare aircraft capacity to be able to offer ad-hoc charters. They have done quite a number of these since they started. Miami is too far for a 757 nonstop hence the stop at Gander. I believe they have done a number of such transatlantic operations from Continental Europe as well.

Mr Flaps
23rd Mar 2007, 22:02
Thomas Cook added some spice to this evening by coming in on a full emergency landing after reporting hydraulic problems. The airport fire services where in attendance as where BAA and they aircraft was escorted round to the back of the sat 3 where everyone left the aircraft safely.
The runway was only closed for about 20 mins while a FOD check was done and hardly any delays to inbound and outbound flights.

WATABENCH
24th Mar 2007, 09:48
STN would be next choice for FCA longhaul, last year it came down to STN vs BRS for the routes and BRS won through, so STN may get a couple in near future I imagine, next years summer brochures are out soon so keep an eye out, you never know!

Stanstedeye
25th Mar 2007, 07:18
Pegasus are starting scheduled flights, & are operating Ercan-SAW-STN three times a week, from 25th March.

xxx5572
25th Mar 2007, 10:40
Sounds great but never heard of them so could anyone shed any light on this please. Seems to me as if Turkey is the place to go this summer, Sun express 2 weekly, Pegasus 3 times weekly along side all the other carriers such as turkish airlines, kthy. Only time will tell if they all last the summer. :eek:

DONTTELLTHEPAX
26th Mar 2007, 16:50
Anyone know who will be handling WOW flights STN to JER.
Starts 05May through 22Sep, Sat only.

tommyc2005
28th Mar 2007, 11:36
Pegasus are just taking over from Atlasjet who operated last summer (previously operated by Onur for a couple of seasons, before that Bosphorous European - remember them?!). So it isn't really a new flight.

Turkey is indeed all the rage this summer it seems, Onur are returning flying on Mondays to Bodrum, and Thursdays to Antalya and Dalaman. Sun Express are adding Izmir on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

THY is upgrading to a daily A321.

Stanstedeye
28th Mar 2007, 13:38
Pegasus are just taking over from Atlasjet who operated last summer (previously operated by Onur for a couple of seasons, before that Bosphorous European - remember them?!). So it isn't really a new flight.

Turkey is indeed all the rage this summer it seems, Onur are returning flying on Mondays to Bodrum, and Thursdays to Antalya and Dalaman. Sun Express are adding Izmir on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

THY is upgrading to a daily A321.

This is the first time Pegasus have operated to STN, and is the first time that they have ever operated scheduled flights.

rusty_c
28th Mar 2007, 13:45
They did charters in Summer '04, STN-AYT-ECN

tommyc2005
28th Mar 2007, 14:05
Stanstedeye, trust me, the Pegasus Istanbul-Ercan flights are on behalf of the same travel agents as Atlas, Onur etc, its just that this year it is easier to book. In fact, the service has been 'scheduled' before when it was done by Istanbul Airlines, with a tradition going back to the early to mid-90s. Since their collapse, numerous airlines have carried it on which has added nothing to STN but welcome variety, the pax numbers and days of operation (the times even) have been broadly the same.

Mr Flaps
28th Mar 2007, 14:51
Saw the aircraft sitting on gate 13 today. Waiting for the flight to IST. Another contract in the bag for Avaince. Good luck to them. Atlas Jet are still around they are doing a few add hoc charters over the summer. They where in a lot in the run to Xmas running people out to Jedah.

mattcam
28th Mar 2007, 16:49
ryanair is to start a stansted - alicante service

DONTTELLTHEPAX
28th Mar 2007, 17:02
Where have you been the ALC and the PMI news is very old news.

jack_essex
28th Mar 2007, 17:05
'ryanair is to start a stansted - alicante service'

It started on March 26th. The STN - ALC flights for the next week or so are all fully booked or with only a few spare seats.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
28th Mar 2007, 17:09
Heard the PMI is doing better, wish they done IBZ.

Capt Wannabe
28th Mar 2007, 22:26
:confused:

Another contract in the bag for Avaince.

:confused:

Really - whatever makes you think that? The aircraft was certainly not handled by Aviance today. I think you will find they are using the same handling agent as when they last operated through STN in Mar '05.....

Mr Flaps
29th Mar 2007, 09:17
Well then it is a Swissport job then. Saw nothing in Codeco re another Istanbul flight yesterday besides the TK. I will track the person who gave that info to me and correct them today when I go into work. Thanks.

Mr Flaps
30th Mar 2007, 11:49
Not sure about this one. I know that Thompsonfly and pulling out of Stansted but I have heard that the contracts have be given or won by XL and we getting XL aircraft at STN. Does anyone else know any more info?
Maxjet had an interesting charter last night. A £4million birthday present for someone to Jamaica via Iceland.

pamann
30th Mar 2007, 14:06
ThomsonFly are not pulling out of STN just closing their crew base from the end of Winter 07/08 season, the aircraft will be relocated to another base. Flights will still operate on a W pattern basis but to what extent yet we will not know until the Summer '08 brochures are released.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
1st Apr 2007, 08:37
Stansted 'determined to add more international routes'

Stansted is close to announcing new flights to India and China, the Business newspaper reports. The airport is also aggressively targeting new routes to Europe.
The airport, which already serves a little over 160 European destinations, is actively engaged in wooing Asian airlines to operate services from Stansted. New newspaper, plus local press reports in India, suggest that Kingfisher Airlines is one Indian carrier that is pursuing talks with Stansted's business development authorities.

The Business quotes Nick Barton, business development and planning director for the airport, as saying: 'We are very encouraged by progress in our advanced talks with Chinese and Indian airlines. These things don't convert overnight but we are well aware of demand in these tiger economies and are moving as fast as we can.'
'We are aware that we have slots we can fill for incoming aircraft form Asia and the far east in quiet times and can therefore comfortably accommodate flights from India, China, Malaysia and Dubai among other areas. Four major carriers from Asia are talking to us but they have to get their fleets right.'

The airport is also seeking saturation coverage of 200 European hubs in the next few years. Mr Barton told the newspaper Paris and Madrid would be among the omissions to be corrected. :D :D

He added: 'If we hit our target of 200 European destinations it's hard to imagine that we will have missed anywhere important. We are aware of the markets the business community wants to access from Stansted and are in very active and advanced discussions to fill all the voids.'

xxx5572
1st Apr 2007, 18:37
The article all sounds very good however......

Some serious time needs to be allocated in order to bring some of the satelites back to a good condition. I have noticed some pictures have been put up however this does not cover up crappy jetbridges if the work at all.(Maybe BAA think it does) :E I doubt very much that these airlines will be using steps as a preffered method on their turnarounds.

There are also at least 100 minor defects that are so simple to sort out however BAA do nothing as there are more concerned with passenger spend in the 'world duty free'.For example tenser barriers holding fire doors open, doors that have hinges missing from them, the list goes on.

Not only does this look bad from an airlines point of view but the handling agents must be fed up of having to prop doors open and set up a gate with all sorts just to allow the turnaround to run smoothly as possible. I also wonder what the passenger thinks when they see all of these.
An airports purpose and function is to process passengers in and out of various buildings so therfore should be fit for purpose like doors opening and staying open.

Whilst this news is all very exciting,some investment and hard work is needed to bring standards to a decent level before airlines consider operating from stansted.
I can only imagine what the Emirates people thought of the place, then again they probably only showed them the one working gate which is likely to be the one for EOS. (like when you had a school inspection and the scools would be sparkling, when they were gone it went back to pieces:ugh: :ugh: )

I guess only time will tell :hmm: :hmm:

pamann
4th Apr 2007, 10:46
Looking at the XL website it would seem XL Airways is openning a base at Stansted this year? Does anyone have any info on aircraft/routes etc?

Stanstedeye
4th Apr 2007, 20:19
Look on the STN Charter info.

EMA01
4th Apr 2007, 20:26
XL airways -

London Stansted
- Faro
- Palma
- Tenerife
- Lanzarote
- Corfu
- Zakynthos
- Kos
- Heraklion
- Dalaman
- Paphos
- Larnaca

There is a good range of routes there and will be good for London Stansted I would have thought because of Thomsonfly moving out :ok:
I would have thought the aircraft would be a B737.800 or an Air Malta A320 on a "W" pattern. (soon find out)

EMA01

pamann
4th Apr 2007, 21:19
Looking on the xl website looks like a based aircraft with XLA flight numbers! :ok:

DONTTELLTHEPAX
4th Apr 2007, 21:21
I hope they stick around for the winter season and bring
some longhaul destinations to Stansted.

I dont think TOM are moving out, just not going to be a base.

EMA01
4th Apr 2007, 21:24
Yeah. Being me I mixed things up Lol. I think Thomsonfly are still operating the Palma, Alicante, and Tenerife flights not 100% sure though

EMA01:ok:

airhumberside
5th Apr 2007, 15:18
With the First Choice deal, TOM will still have a Stansted base

DONTTELLTHEPAX
6th Apr 2007, 08:05
Eos plans more flights from Stansted

EOS AIRLINES, the premium all business-class airline that flies between Stansted and New York, is planning new routes to Washington and Los Angeles, according to press reports.
Speaking to the Times newspaper, the airline's chief executive, Jack Williams, said that routes from Stansted to Washington, Boston, LA and San Francisco and three other destinations were planned to start 'within the next couple of years'. He added that the first of these would begin in October this year, but did not specify which one.

rusty_c
6th Apr 2007, 11:08
well itll probably be east coast, dont think the 75' theyve got will have the legs for that!

Mr Flaps
9th Apr 2007, 09:22
Maxjet have new planes to them and are being fitted out and will soon be in service. Load factors on the Vegas and JFK routes have picked to around 75% on Vegas and 50%+ on the JFK.
They are muttering about routes to BOS and two other cites.

Mr Flaps
10th Apr 2007, 11:27
I have picked up hints from managers at Servisair at STN. That Wizz will be handled by Servisair when the they start flights later in the year. We where expecting them to be handled by Aviance seeing they look after the airline out of Luton. Correct me if I am wrong.

Alan Tracey
10th Apr 2007, 23:08
Maybe Servisair is cheaper????? price is key to LCC not service levels or loyality......!!....

D-ABAA
12th Apr 2007, 09:44
Well after so much heard about the forum here Iam. News I have heard is that the Maxjet Contract is up for tender, and as Servisair made a huge mistake the other day with Maxjet having two filghts out one to JFK and one to LAS somehow they managed to send the wrong bags on the wrong planes, then I think somehow Servisair could be saying bye bye to Maxjet.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
12th Apr 2007, 15:38
Wizz originally used Servisair at Luton but rapidly moved to Aviance due to allegedly continual poor service.

jack_essex
17th Apr 2007, 10:10
I have just noticed that there is an inboud flight today from Islamabad via Karachi, flight number PK 773. I thought that PIA pulled out of STN due to recent security issues. Are these flights back on now? I cannot see a departure though?

Mr Flaps
17th Apr 2007, 16:36
It came in with pax on it but has gone out empty. PIA want to re start the route again and today was a test flight to see if they can run flights back to STN and if Servisair can cope. PK could be moving to Swissport but not sure on that. If they do restart flights it will be with an A310. I dont think it was a PIA aircraft today. I was told the aircraft was owned by a Turkish Airline.

xxx5572
17th Apr 2007, 19:04
And with all that you describe about them would you think that Swissport would actually handle them. :\ :\

D-ABAA
18th Apr 2007, 12:21
What a load of rubbish, another stuped rumour regarding an airline changing ground handlers! PIA are happy with S/Air and from what was said today it looks like they will be coming twice a week during the summer as per last year.

xxx5572
18th Apr 2007, 21:25
Well after so much heard about the forum here Iam. News I have heard is that the Maxjet Contract is up for tender, and as Servisair made a huge mistake the other day with Maxjet having two filghts out one to JFK and one to LAS somehow they managed to send the wrong bags on the wrong planes, then I think somehow Servisair could be saying bye bye to Maxjet.

What a load of rubbish, another stuped rumour regarding an airline changing ground handlers! PIA are happy with S/Air and from what was said today it looks like they will be coming twice a week during the summer as per last year.

Dont they call that being a hypocrite :p

D-ABAA
19th Apr 2007, 09:13
Its called knowing the truth and telling the facts, not like making up rumours. Two diffrent things my friend!:p

G-APDK
20th Apr 2007, 08:04
Skyliner (http://skyliner-aviation.de/skyliner.main?LC=nav1&SkyID=b915c4a0d8c42dd70698914c0e38611a) is reporting that Maxjet have acquired two Air Mauritius 767's. Any idea of delivery dates?

Phil

sat1
20th Apr 2007, 11:25
C'mon people this is VERY old news,a bit like the two a/c in question!!!!!

mattcam
23rd Apr 2007, 10:46
now stansted will soon be aproching the 24 million a year target, do you think stansted will ever take the crown as being the uk second biggest airport over gatwick if so how long do you think it will be till that would be the case

xxx5572
23rd Apr 2007, 13:09
Im sure the answer depends on the approval of the second runway and completion without too many delays as many other airports are planning for a second runways, eg Birmingham. However it has the potential to become the UK's no.2.

Only time will tell

Musket90
23rd Apr 2007, 17:57
It first needs to get planning approval to grow beyond 25 million to 35 million annual pax on it's existing runway.

Mr Flaps
24th Apr 2007, 08:53
Before they even get that BAA need to spend some money out in Sat 1 and Sat 2. There are air con units leaking in Sat 2, faulty doors in Sat 1. Stair wells with ripped carpet, damp up the walls and faulty flight information screens that have reported but still have not been fixed after waiting 4 weeks. Don’t build new till what you have is up to speed and is in good working order. I am all for the new runway and terminal but at the present time look after what you have.

Mr Flaps
2nd May 2007, 15:55
Iceland Express could be running a 757 to STN over the summer months. Nice to see a new service today. GSM to Toronto J C Munro via Exeter. Wizz move first fligh forward a week.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
2nd May 2007, 16:25
How did the new GSM flight go, I seen it was showing DELAYED :confused:

jack_essex
2nd May 2007, 19:16
If you have a look on the Hamilton Airport website it is showing STN via Exeter around 3 hours late. Not such a great start but hopefully a one off? :-) Does anyone know how the loads on the new GSM route are doing? If you go to book for the next few days it is showing a lot of the economy and business fares as being sold out.

jack_essex
3rd May 2007, 16:56
It's great to see another US destination at STN. That is a great price. The cheapest ECONOMY fare I found with BA in August was £787!

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd May 2007, 18:13
Is Maxjet just adding this one new route ? is there more to be announced,
I thought I heard that there would be two new destinations,
I might be wrong.

jack_essex
3rd May 2007, 19:53
I had heard rumours of Boston to start in the fall.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd May 2007, 20:13
Good news, look at you getting all American " In the fall ";)

DONTTELLTHEPAX
3rd May 2007, 21:37
Low-fare all business-class airline MAXJET could be on the verge of flying direct from Stansted Airport to San Jose, California, according to press reports in the US.

The airline is reported to be in negotiations with authorities at Mineta San Jose International Airport, and is likely to make a decision on the prospective new route in the next few days. Rich Dressler, spokesman for the airport, hopes MAXjet will operate three to four flights per week on the route.
The Mercury News reports that negotiators from the Californian airport have offered the low-cost airline a 'package of incentives' to launch the new link, which would be the first new route at San Jose since 2001.

tommyc2005
4th May 2007, 09:15
Looking at the schedules, there doesn't appear to be the opportunity to launch San Jose at this time.

However, there is a big Orlando-sized hole on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday which is another rumoured new destination. There is also a huge gap on Tuesday and Wednesday that fits perfectly with the Washington schedule (on the days it doesn't currently operate), perhaps this is to go daily if they are to have a serious go at it?

Maybe San Jose will follow soon when the other new a/c comes online. The gaps I mentioned could alternatively be used to help launch Boston.

cjhants
4th May 2007, 09:47
according to the email maxjet sent me yesterday, LAX is starting 30th August.

jack_essex
4th May 2007, 17:11
Dont tell the pax (Good news, look at you getting all American " In the fall ")

I know! LOL. I used to live in the US so come out with different words.

I would personally like to see Orlando added. With the amount of premium seats currently flown by VS and BA I am sure MY could get their share.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
4th May 2007, 17:21
I agree but why has no charter ever offered Orlando from STN.
This could be a good year for STN, shame FCA/TOM didnt
through any longhaul in for winter 2007.
I wonder what Eos will announce and when.

"You have a nice day now"

sat1
6th May 2007, 14:02
4 times a week

tommyc2005
7th May 2007, 14:46
Leisure did indeed operate for 2 or 3 seasons, fortnightly. Britannia also flew to Orlando for a time, around '97 or '98, as well as Puerto Plata in the Diminican Republic.

The market has changed somewhat since then though and flights to a few destinations such as Orlando, Montego Bay and Cancun would probably work now - the problem is that STN has never really been a significant player for the major charter companies, TOM are packing their bags and MYT have already left.

DONTTELLTHEPAX
7th May 2007, 16:25
TOM & MYT had Departures today from STN :confused:

airhumberside
7th May 2007, 16:39
MYT closed their STN Base - just operate w patterns
TOM closing their base at the end of the next winter season
Although with the tour operator mergers, each of the big two will have a base at STN

Mr Flaps
8th May 2007, 20:10
TOM are being replaced by XL, they are looking for STN cabin crew at the mo. XL are having two 737's at STN to take over from some of TOM's routes.
The servisair grape vine is also muttering about FCA going long haul but nothing has been said yet. This could be down to the merger of FCA and TUI. I will find out more on that one when I go in tomorrow.
And news on PIA they will not be back till September is the latest we have been told.
And the TK going late due to problems with a new check-in system.

MUFC_fan
8th May 2007, 20:13
Maybe somebody on this thread will know some more information. The cancellation of the BLK-STN service from 4th June?

Heard it was to cover the new Brussels link? Is this correct?

Cheers.

Charlie Roy
8th May 2007, 22:49
Heard it was to cover the new Brussels link? Is this correct?

No, a Ryanair aircraft based at STN that currently flies to Weeze will now instead be used to fly to Brussels Charleroi, and a Weeze aircraft will take over the STN - NRN route.

tick2000
9th May 2007, 13:29
Have just heard that Turkish Airlines are moving to Aviance sometime in late June.
This is extremely annoying as we (Servisair) spent weeks rushing our staff to be trained on Turkish Airlines' own system; which resulted in the inevitable issues at check-in. At least we will no longer have to deal with their constanly delayed aircraft, including there inadequate ground time for the A321.

Mr Flaps
9th May 2007, 13:36
I did wonder when this day would come. Ever since TK's own system came in. Things have been pain full at check-in. Plus the airlines delayed aircraft inbound have not helped matters.
That airline needs to stream line it operation at STN and cut down on the red tape at check-in. IE check-in agents checking credit card details and other small items that slow check-in down. I make comment about the reps.

dwlpl
9th May 2007, 13:44
No, a Ryanair aircraft based at STN that currently flies to Weeze will now instead be used to fly to Brussels Charleroi, and a Weeze aircraft will take over the STN - NRN route.

If thats the case then it looks as if there is a spare 737.

What about Stansted/Liverpool service using it.

Mr Flaps
10th May 2007, 10:47
Aviance where 20% cheaper than S/air. S/air may have lost TK but we gain Wizz Air and XL.

mattcam
14th May 2007, 17:57
does any one know of any new airlines in talks with stansted, just that i get really bored with seeing just ryanair after ryanair and easy jet after easy jet, i prefered the airport in the 1980,s less movements but certanatly better for seeing more of a choice of airlines and aircraft, sundays were the best when you would get all the flights from scandanavia, along with dan_air . air uk and lesure, i just feel before long ryanair and and easy jet will do all the flights from there along with max-jet doing all the long hall, want my opinion the whole airport has gone up the duff

mattcam
14th May 2007, 18:01
and the amount of passengers it receves a year, most airports of that size has much more of a choice of aircraft to see and airlines,

Musket90
14th May 2007, 18:43
If you removed Ryanair and Easyjet movements I think variety of remaining operators is still good. There is always something unusual and adhoc to see each day, particularly on Northside. It's just mentally filtering them out from all the usual stuff, which in the "old" days didn't need filtering. Airports in the UK have aircraft which are regulars to them but can be very rare elsewhere. Where else would you see two or three Eos and Maxjets on the ground at the same time, and for that matter nearly 40 Ryanair B738's (albeit between midnight and 6am!).

D-ABBT
14th May 2007, 18:59
Hey

I agree, there are a awful lot of FR and EZY flights, but Sat 1 often has a nice mix. Eos, Maxjet, FCA, Thomsonfly, SkyEurope, CSA, Norweigen AS, Monarch, Thomas Cook and a few adhoc charters, now the summer is coming keep you eyes peeled, there will be plenty of unusual things for STN, Maybe even the Balkan 154 again on Saturday afternoons.

BT

MUFC_fan
14th May 2007, 19:19
Why don't MAN and STN swop for a month!;)

We fed up with TOM, FCA, XL, MON, TCX, MYT and we would love to see EZY and more FR at the airport!

sat1
15th May 2007, 07:47
ok....mufc,trust me you DO NOT want to see mickair turning up at your airport.Mattcam.........GET OUT MORE OFTEN!!!!!!!!

and now for something completely different.Not so long ago everyone was slagging circusair for messing up on the Airmedditeranean,well,now that Aviance have the contract,yes you know where this is going, the foul-ups continue unabated.The question is..........WHO LEFT THE INBOUND BIN OF BAGS ON THE A/C WHICH DEPARTED AND HAD TO RETURN TO STANSTED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS!! Ooooops bet someone had to put pen to paper. Just a rumour of course,probably no truth whatsoever...NOT!!!!!

sat1
21st May 2007, 10:13
the silence is deafening!!!!!!!

Harods
21st May 2007, 11:00
Well im sure it was some pikey ditch sleeping hippie:rolleyes:, and really since when has cirusair ever messed up ??? ;)

Unionjet28
21st May 2007, 12:56
"ok....mufc,trust me you DO NOT want to see mickair turning up at your airport"

No, much better have chavjet eh sat1? ;)

DONTTELLTHEPAX
22nd May 2007, 11:34
I was talking to a friend today who says Maxjet have some big
plans for STN in the next 4 months,
with 3 or 4 new routes and based crew at STN.
can anyone add anything to this ??

tommyc2005
22nd May 2007, 11:58
Maxjet are indeed to open a crew base at STN. Its more efficient than basing small nos of crew at the various US cities they serve.

They are launching on the UK stock market to raise money for expansion, and Dubai/India have been rumoured as new routes. For this of course they would need a UK AOC like Zoom, so don't expect those destinations too soon.

Since this seems to echo the plans of Silverjet, my gut feeling is that a merger of some kind further down the line wouldn't be a great surprise.

Mr Flaps
25th May 2007, 16:50
The Dulles is back after a winter break and news of new routes from Maxjet.
Hmm cant rule out something happening between Silver Jet and Maxjet but its a good one to watch.
Does anyone know how the new GSM route is going?
API on all flights to Spain, oh what fun. Are FR going to open more desks 3hrs before STD just to do the API or is that wishful thinking. Scrum in Zone F highly possible.