Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-V2

Old 1st Aug 2022, 11:25
  #421 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 59
Posts: 2,710
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If Flybe do have the resources and will to set up a base at SOU hopefully it will be much more successful than T3, however if it was a case of putting eggs in baskets I think they should focus more on LM and Emerald.
Logan's MD has stated that they won't open bases outside their core of Scotland and the North and as an island of Ireland-based operation I can't see Emerald doing that either. A mix of those together with a small Flybe base, picking up what Eastern are failing at (flights canx again today) and some of the solid routes operated by their previous incarnation are probably the best (least risk) option for both the airline and the airport.
Wycombe is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2022, 11:42
  #422 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 522
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would image SOU base opening end October to coincide with Winter timetable with CDG, DUB and MAN added!
SKOJB is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2022, 13:03
  #423 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,675
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe
Logan's MD has stated that they won't open bases outside their core of Scotland and the North
The statement of "not interested in bases outside Scotland and northern England" was made in spring 2020, over 2 years ago, when the UK was in its first lockdown.
MOL of Ryanair said they would never fly to FRA, but they did.

I'm not saying Loganair will or won't do X or Y, but one should remember that the passage of time and structural changes in the market allows CEOs a convenient reason to change their minds on many things if so desired

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 1st Aug 2022 at 19:58.
davidjohnson6 is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2022, 19:56
  #424 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Posts: 1,092
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airsouthwest
Been browsing the trustpilot reviews of Flybe, seems to be a lot of bot/fake reviews and grievances with the previous Flybe! I get things aren't perfect with the new company by a long shot but for example people saying the LHR - Belfast flights have been delayed on a certain date, I've then gone to check Flight Radar for those flights..... no delays showing or if they do show it's less than 10 minutes. Surely Trustpilot should be regulating this a bit more?
Not that I would accuse anyone of doing this - but could it be derived from competitors?
toledoashley is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2022, 20:06
  #425 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 1,033
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airsouthwest
Been browsing the trustpilot reviews of Flybe, seems to be a lot of bot/fake reviews and grievances with the previous Flybe! I get things aren't perfect with the new company by a long shot but for example people saying the LHR - Belfast flights have been delayed on a certain date, I've then gone to check Flight Radar for those flights..... no delays showing or if they do show it's less than 10 minutes. Surely Trustpilot should be regulating this a bit more?
Are you just going by the date the review was left or do they explicitly mention the date in their complaint? If it’s the review date I suspect many are not done at the time and rather a day or two later.

Trustpilot doesn’t care enough to regulate such things. Looking at it, it seems lost/not carried baggage is a far bigger concern something I also noticed from comments on Twitter.
BA318 is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2022, 16:01
  #426 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Uk
Posts: 11
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winter 2022

Does anyone know when the winter 2022 flights will go on sale please?
Beanjet is offline  
Old 13th Aug 2022, 15:58
  #427 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,469
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Unless they are making a complete horlicks of their CAA statistics submission (which I guess is a possibility) then May's CAA figures do not make for happy reading.

Flybe Q400 fleet has 10,024 passengers uplifted across 654 stage flights so an average of 15.3 passengers per flight. Looking at the data another way, they had 18,694,000 seat km available and the report states 3,677,000 used which gives you the same answer - 19.6% load factor.
Flightrider is offline  
Old 13th Aug 2022, 16:06
  #428 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: On the road
Posts: 912
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Beanjet
Does anyone know when the winter 2022 flights will go on sale please?
I've heard that it's due to be this week
TartinTon is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 09:42
  #429 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 1,033
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
Unless they are making a complete horlicks of their CAA statistics submission (which I guess is a possibility) then May's CAA figures do not make for happy reading.

Flybe Q400 fleet has 10,024 passengers uplifted across 654 stage flights so an average of 15.3 passengers per flight. Looking at the data another way, they had 18,694,000 seat km available and the report states 3,677,000 used which gives you the same answer - 19.6% load factor.
I wonder if Emerald and others are also suffering or it’s just Flybe.
BA318 is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 13:08
  #430 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 2,296
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
I wonder if Emerald and others are also suffering or it’s just Flybe.
Suspect its the latter. Previous passengers who flew BE have no idea theyre ‘back’ with zero advertising, and hotch potch of third party operators… not really a great look.
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 13:45
  #431 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,469
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Using the CAA May figures and calculating load factor by RPK / ASK (which is technically the way it should be done, as opposed to seat-factor - so the figures are stage-length adjusted), you get:

Aurigny 64.9%
BA CityFlyer 72.9%
Blue Islands 66.2%
British Airways 78.9% (short-haul Airbus fleet only)
Eastern Airways 57.3%
easyJet UK 82.4%
Flybe 19.7%
Loganair 63.4%
Ryanair UK 77.6% (8 UK aircraft reported)

So you broadly have three groups - easyJet, BA and Ryanair at relatively high load factors (although below the sold seat factors they announce), then the UK regional operators all in a fairly narrow band between 57% and 66%, and then Flybe at 19%. I'm wondering if the figures are correct - they are so bad that it's hard to imagine. But the CAA only report the data that airlines submit to them, so if there is an error then the strong likelihood is it's from Flybe's own data.



Flightrider is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 14:50
  #432 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K
Posts: 782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CabinCrewe
Suspect its the latter. Previous passengers who flew BE have no idea theyre ‘back’ with zero advertising, and hotch potch of third party operators… not really a great look.
Using the short time they operated the MAN-BHD as an example, the Flybe loadfactors were very low in comparison the Emerald. As quoted, the use of 3rd party operators for most of the flights was not a good look and a much reduced frequency compared to Emerald didn’t help either. All that is before you get to the complicated hand baggage policies and you can see why EI have seemingly won the BHD battle - ex MAN at least.
The96er is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 14:54
  #433 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunny spain
Posts: 792
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have Emerald released their figures to the CAA to give a comparison? I don't seem then on the list
BHD2BFS is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 16:31
  #434 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: On the road
Posts: 912
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reliably told that Flybe's loads are averaging in the mid to high 50s% with a couple of routes well into the 80%s...I suspect it's the usual garbage from the CAAs website. Their figures have been highly suspect for a number of years now when they used to be so good. Lots of missing data.
TartinTon is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 16:33
  #435 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 63
Posts: 1,037
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TartinTon
I've been reliably told that Flybe's loads are averaging in the mid to high 50s% with a couple of routes well into the 80%s...I suspect it's the usual garbage from the CAAs website. Their fugures have been highly suspect for a number of years now when the used to be so good. lots of missing data.
BHX-AMS is certainly performing very well
BHX5DME is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 16:41
  #436 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,469
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The CAA operator figures are based on data supplied by the UK AOC holder, so if the data is garbage, it can't be anything other than the garbage that has been supplied by Flybe to the CAA. It's a different data collection methodology to the monthly pax figures by route which are supplied by airports and are erratic, particularly when multi-leg flights are involved.

Emerald is operating on an Irish AOC and so doesn't supply data to the UK CAA. That will change if/when it gets its UK AOC, just as for Ryanair.
Flightrider is offline  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 17:05
  #437 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,501
Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
Emerald is operating on an Irish AOC and so doesn't supply data to the UK CAA. That will change if/when it gets its UK AOC, just as for Ryanair.
If you look at the entry for Domestic scheduled flights there are details for Aer Lingus UK - is this for the EI BHD-LHR flights?
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 14th Aug 2022, 17:27
  #438 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,469
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It quotes data for an A321-200 Neo and an A330 so unless those aircraft types were deployed on BHD-LHR (which I'd doubt!!) then the data will relate to the aircraft being operated on the UK AOC.

Going back to the key point, if the Flybe data isn't what's actually happening, they need to get their s**t together in terms of the data they're giving to the CAA. I can't imagine for one moment that the CAA is making this up.
Flightrider is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2022, 11:16
  #439 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Godalming
Posts: 180
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
The CAA operator figures are based on data supplied by the UK AOC holder, so if the data is garbage, it can't be anything other than the garbage that has been supplied by Flybe to the CAA.
Granted mistakes can/do occasionally happen, but isn't it a legal requirement for an operator to provide accurate & full information to the regulator; can the CAA issue any kind of fine/penalties if it's deemed that the data they've provided is inaccurate/mis-leading in anyway?

Originally Posted by SWBKCB
If you look at the entry for Domestic scheduled flights there are details for Aer Lingus UK - is this for the EI BHD-LHR flights?
Originally Posted by Flightrider
It quotes data for an A321-200 Neo and an A330 so unless those aircraft types were deployed on BHD-LHR (which I'd doubt!!) then the data will relate to the aircraft being operated on the UK AOC.
For reference, Aer Lingus UK is based at MAN; the A321 and A330 that are on the AOC fly to BGI, JFK & MCO.
jmdavies86 is offline  
Old 15th Aug 2022, 11:32
  #440 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,501
Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
For reference, Aer Lingus UK is based at MAN; the A321 and A330 that are on the AOC fly to BGI, JFK & MCO.
But looking at this link shows details for Domestic Scheduled Services May 2022?

https://www.caa.co.uk/Documents/Down...89d22ca43/3193
SWBKCB is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.