Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Edinburgh-4

Old 8th Jun 2023, 15:09
  #1361 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 38
Posts: 639
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
The cynic in me is asking how many seats the UK government is block booking on these services!
I am wondering if this is the reason behind 2 sudden announcements of a direct route to Albania from Scotland...both launching in winter.

Of all the typical tourism destinations in the Balkans region, Albania is by far the least developed and connected and although it has ski resorts, I can't imagine many flock there.That said, I wish the routes well and hope this is the start of more expansion into the region from Scotland.
edi_local is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2023, 15:23
  #1362 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 2,237
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tictack67
Yes Cassandra, in answer to your question 5- FIVE times a week.
Your learn-ed views resurface right in cue (can it get any easier?) Advise us on how you think this five times per week jamboree will pan out?
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2023, 16:25
  #1363 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W23 ACL

W23 report published. Some interesting requests and noticeable increases compared to W22

Not all slots are actually used as we know but a busy W23 ahead.

Hainan - Slots requested throughout W23.
Emirates - Slots requested (if used) suggest a daily service.
Edelweiss - substantial increase in capacity.
Swiss - Slot request cancelled . Proposed new route to Geneva not going ahead.
BA - substantial increase in capacity compared to W22
Delta - increase in capacity, which suggest continuation of one of the seasonal routes or another new destination? I would guess ATL extended.
United - increase in capacity. Extension of one of the seasonal routes?
KLM - increase compared to W22
Wizz - substantial decrease compared to W22. One or two existing routes dropped?
Air Canada - increased. Already known extension to almost year round.
Qatar - increased. Already known increase to double daily, year round.
Eurowings - substantial increase compared to W22
Air France - small decrease.
Lufthansa - small increase.
Easyjet - substantial increase.
Ryanair - huge increase.
Atlantic Airways - increase.
Emerald (for Aer Lingus) - substantial increase.



Planeraz is online now  
Old 9th Jun 2023, 16:37
  #1364 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 205
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The seat increases over the entire season for Delta and United are 308 and 2156 respectively. That does not indicate any current seasonal routes being extended. Indeed, we now know that the former will be providing less capacity this winter than last given the suspension of their JFK service in the first quarter of 2024.
tartan 201 is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2023, 16:42
  #1365 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tartan 201
The seat increases over the entire season for Delta and United are 308 and 2156 respectively. That does not indicate any current seasonal routes being extended. Indeed, we now know that the former will be providing less capacity this winter than last given the suspension of their JFK service in the first quarter of 2024.
My error re Delta. I stand corrected. I read wrong line.
Planeraz is online now  
Old 9th Jun 2023, 18:28
  #1366 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Falkirk
Posts: 247
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tartan 201
The seat increases over the entire season for Delta and United are 308 and 2156 respectively. That does not indicate any current seasonal routes being extended. Indeed, we now know that the former will be providing less capacity this winter than last given the suspension of their JFK service in the first quarter of 2024.
Still disappointed about Delta cutting JFK completely in Q1 Ď24. I have 2 trips down under scheduled then that would have looked to use them again. I liked extra leg room Delta Econ + with Seat power etc, and Seat configuration on the 767. Hope they reinstate even just back to 3 or 5 weekly. Supposed by the total suspension.
Maybe EK will return by thenÖ.😉😉
Sk1schoolsam is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2023, 19:50
  #1367 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 42
Posts: 1,398
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps the market for Scots going to Australia via JFK isn't their target demographic? Don't stress about seasonality, there's such a thing as overthinking.....!
Skipness One Foxtrot is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2023, 16:30
  #1368 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta W23

Aeroroutes reporting updated W23 schedules and other information. EDI-JFK - previously reported as being suspended from 8th Jan to 9th Mar 2024. This update perhaps creates uncertainty for the route. Not clear if this means an extended suspension or something else. Bookings, as of today remain possible from Mar 2024. One to watch.


https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230611-dlnw23inc


* It would appear suspension has been extended. Delta updating system. Appears to resume 30th March from JFK.

Last edited by Planeraz; 11th Jun 2023 at 16:48.
Planeraz is online now  
Old 11th Jun 2023, 20:14
  #1369 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
United

United using a high density J class 763 on this evening Washington to EDI service. A rare visitor to EDI and normally used on the premium LHR route.
Planeraz is online now  
Old 12th Jun 2023, 12:07
  #1370 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,791
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did a Delta 767 go tech yesterday? I notice that there's a second flight coming East, about to meet the regular Westbound plane off Ireland.
inOban is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2023, 12:13
  #1371 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
Did a Delta 767 go tech yesterday? I notice that there's a second flight coming East, about to meet the regular Westbound plane off Ireland.
Last night inbound from Atlanta is delayed by approx 2.5 hours. I assume this must be the 767 you referred to.
Planeraz is online now  
Old 12th Jun 2023, 14:52
  #1372 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
United

Aircraft upgrade. High density J class 763 also being used on Chicago service this evening. Booked full in both cabins. It would appear
UA routes are doing very well to EDI.
Planeraz is online now  
Old 12th Jun 2023, 15:10
  #1373 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Scotland
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planeraz
United

Aircraft upgrade. High density J class 763 also being used on Chicago service this evening. Booked full in both cabins. It would appear
UA routes are doing very well to EDI.
I presume it must be down to be a shortage of 752's. Shannon to Chicago was also a high density J class 763 today.
ld0595 is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2023, 15:20
  #1374 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 59
Posts: 3,276
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
United?

Originally Posted by Planeraz
United

Aircraft upgrade. High density J class 763 also being used on Chicago service this evening. Booked full in both cabins. It would appear
UA routes are doing very well to EDI.
Is this an upgrade or just replacing an unavailable 757?

Aircraft operating is 46/22/99 = 167 seats replacing a 757 16/153 = 169 seats. I suppose upgrade in as much as it is a wide-body (massive if they have all paid business and premium fares) but slight downgrade in terms of passenger numbers.

I suppose no reason why there wouldn't be a specific surge in business/premium bookings on any given day and if so, excellent if United have catered for this.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2023, 15:42
  #1375 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 42
Posts: 1,398
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planeraz
United Aircraft upgrade. High density J class 763 also being used on Chicago service this evening. Booked full in both cabins. It would appear UA routes are doing very well to EDI.
The Polaris B767-300ER is surely covering for the planned B757 and not really a planned up-guage. It's wildly premium heavy for inbound tourism to Scotland, the B757s are now quite tech prone sadly. It has three times the volume of Business Class seats vs. the B757. Unless they actually took 46 bookings for Polaris business, both classes being full just means top end economy fares got a free upgrade? Remember the B757 carries 176 vs. 167 on the Polaris B763. This is a fully booked B757 load?
Skipness One Foxtrot is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2023, 20:06
  #1376 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Falkirk
Posts: 247
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Observation only - Todays Chicago flight was pretty much full. I think I had the only empty seat next to me in Economy Plus.👌 Full front and back. I noted a lot of folks with golf clubís checking in with United today.
IMO Not unreasonably to think there could be a healthy load of J Class wanting to come over and spend their $$$s 😄
Sk1schoolsam is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2023, 02:03
  #1377 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 46
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planeraz
W23 ACL

W23 report published. Some interesting requests and noticeable increases compared to W22

Not all slots are actually used as we know but a busy W23 ahead.

Hainan - Slots requested throughout W23.
Emirates - Slots requested (if used) suggest a daily service.
Edelweiss - substantial increase in capacity.
Swiss - Slot request cancelled . Proposed new route to Geneva not going ahead.
BA - substantial increase in capacity compared to W22
Delta - increase in capacity, which suggest continuation of one of the seasonal routes or another new destination? I would guess ATL extended.
United - increase in capacity. Extension of one of the seasonal routes?
KLM - increase compared to W22
Wizz - substantial decrease compared to W22. One or two existing routes dropped?
Air Canada - increased. Already known extension to almost year round.
Qatar - increased. Already known increase to double daily, year round.
Eurowings - substantial increase compared to W22
Air France - small decrease.
Lufthansa - small increase.
Easyjet - substantial increase.
Ryanair - huge increase.
Atlantic Airways - increase.
Emerald (for Aer Lingus) - substantial increase.
You have said Ryanair have a substantial increase but didnít mention that itís only Irish AOC that has an increase.

Ryanair (FR) gain an additional 223,221 seats, however, Ryanair UK (RK) lose 116,424 seats.

Plus Ryanair are cutting a noticeable amount of routes;

Bari, Billund, Marseille, Nantes, Palermo, Poitier, Santiago, Tallin & Verona are all cut.
GeorgeNTravels is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2023, 06:48
  #1378 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgeNTravels
You have said Ryanair have a substantial increase but didnít mention that itís only Irish AOC that has an increase.

Ryanair (FR) gain an additional 223,221 seats, however, Ryanair UK (RK) lose 116,424 seats.

Plus Ryanair are cutting a noticeable amount of routes;

Bari, Billund, Marseille, Nantes, Palermo, Poitier, Santiago, Tallin & Verona are all cut.
Simple arithmetic show a substantial increase for Ryanair - the airline. Have a great day!
Planeraz is online now  
Old 13th Jun 2023, 07:05
  #1379 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 205
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeorgeNTravels
You have said Ryanair have a substantial increase but didnít mention that itís only Irish AOC that has an increase.

Ryanair (FR) gain an additional 223,221 seats, however, Ryanair UK (RK) lose 116,424 seats.

Plus Ryanair are cutting a noticeable amount of routes;

Bari, Billund, Marseille, Nantes, Palermo, Poitier, Santiago, Tallin & Verona are all cut.
Bari and Poitiers didn't operate last winter so them not operating this coming winter isn't a 'cut'. BFS will operate daily this winter (didn't operate last winter) and STN will operate more frequently than last winter, so those changes alone will probably balance out most of the capacity lost by ceasing to serve the other destinations you list (some of which might return for S24 anyway).
tartan 201 is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2023, 07:33
  #1380 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,791
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And Tallinn didn't operate this summer either.
inOban is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.