Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Edinburgh-4

Old 30th May 2022, 18:33
  #361 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by figgi_gsm
With Turkish sending their A330-300 on 18th, 25th and 29th, here is how itís looking for visitors those days:

Sat 18th:
Qatar-DOH: 0650A 0820D (788)
Virgin-MCO: 0720A 1020D (333)
United-EWR: 0805A 0940D (752)
Air Canada-YYZ: 0835A 1015D (788)
Delta-BOS: 0850A Departs 1050 to JFK (763)
Turkish-IST: 0930A 1100D (333)
Delta-JFK: 1010A Departs 1215 to BOS (763)
United-IAD: 1045A 1230D (764)

On the Wed 29th you can also add:

Westjet-YYZ: 0905A 1025D (7M8)
TUI UK-CUN: 1155D (788)
Qatar is an afternoon flight

Nice to see things picking up again.
Is there anywhere that has this information easily accessible online? The other sources I can find will only generally show scheduled arrivals at +3 or +4 days. This is super useful.
gham89 is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2022, 09:01
  #362 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Saltash
Posts: 150
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see Lufthansa has introduced a night stopping 3rd Frankfurt service on Monday, Thursday and Sunday.

Regards 4ea
4eyed anorak is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2022, 11:25
  #363 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 79
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gham89
Is there anywhere that has this information easily accessible online? The other sources I can find will only generally show scheduled arrivals at +3 or +4 days. This is super useful.
No, I just know what is due in and looked at the relevant Airlines websites for reference.
figgi_gsm is offline  
Old 3rd Jun 2022, 20:33
  #364 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4eyed anorak
I see Lufthansa has introduced a night stopping 3rd Frankfurt service on Monday, Thursday and Sunday.

Regards 4ea
I don't think there was a crew for this morning's flight. I think they flew in late morning so the nightstopper was over seven hours late...
Grant Davidson is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2022, 08:02
  #365 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qatar S22

Qatar resuming A359 service from 1st July. Changes back to 788 in October. Good to see the return of this aircraft for the peak summer season.

They are also using 789 on todays service.
Planeraz is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2022, 09:38
  #366 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 2,237
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and up to daily. Think the load factors dropped off a bit when daily A350, so maybe a 789 would be a sweet spot.
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2022, 10:13
  #367 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 568
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CabinCrewe
and up to daily. Think the load factors dropped off a bit when daily A350, so maybe a 789 would be a sweet spot.
The B789 seats more than the A359, so that is slightly strange logic... personally I think daily A359 is ideal based on current demand. I wouldn't be surprised to see the winter timetable updated to A359 in due course if the availability is there.
GoEDI is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2022, 11:44
  #368 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 2,237
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GoEDI
The B789 seats more than the A359, so that is slightly strange logic... personally I think daily A359 is ideal based on current demand. I wouldn't be surprised to see the winter timetable updated to A359 in due course if the availability is there.
J travel is down, cargo stable - the 789 has less J seats and same tonnage as an A359. Nothing strange in that logic.
It ran 25% empty overall on average even in good times and 1 in 5 seats go empty currently on the smaller 788.
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2022, 21:03
  #369 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Interesting tweet from the United States. LAX offering financial incentives for airlines to start non stop services to/from unserved destinations. Scotland is listed as a target destination. Could EDI be in the running for a direct non stop link to the the west coast of the US? Iím sure the team at EDI have long standing ambition to deliver such a route. Which airlines could be tempted to take a punt? Delta/Virgin? United?

Last edited by Planeraz; 6th Jun 2022 at 21:04. Reason: LAX
Planeraz is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2022, 21:45
  #370 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Scotland
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good find! I'm not sure who would be best placed to take a punt on an Edinburgh - LA route. The usual American carriers don't really have much of a transatlantic service from LAX. Virgin perhaps?
ld0595 is online now  
Old 7th Jun 2022, 00:47
  #371 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 568
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CabinCrewe
J travel is down, cargo stable - the 789 has less J seats and same tonnage as an A359. Nothing strange in that logic.
It ran 25% empty overall on average even in good times and 1 in 5 seats go empty currently on the smaller 788.
QR will just be responding to current market demand, which you seem to be underestimating, as your 1 in 5 on average empty assumption is incorrect. The route is currently running consistently higher loads than that- 86% March/88% April/May will be similar. An increase back to daily was warranted based on current demand. I am surprised to see the A359 back on the route so soon, given over half the fleet remains grounded. QR must see the need for it based on current loads and future bookings, as it can't have been the easiest thing to schedule.
GoEDI is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2022, 08:41
  #372 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: SW Scotland
Age: 40
Posts: 399
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ld0595
Good find! I'm not sure who would be best placed to take a punt on an Edinburgh - LA route. The usual American carriers don't really have much of a transatlantic service from LAX. Virgin perhaps?
That's interesting. With Virgin dropping Barbados, they might well be looking at an alternative destination to help justify flying out of Edinburgh. LAX twice weekly would be a good bet.
nighthawk117 is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2022, 09:44
  #373 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 42
Posts: 1,401
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nighthawk117
That's interesting. With Virgin dropping Barbados, they might well be looking at an alternative destination to help justify flying out of Edinburgh. LAX twice weekly would be a good bet.
A based A330 flying a summer program across MCO/LAX/SFO/BOS might be a really good summer season option stepping into the space vacated by Thomas Cook and staying clear of United and Delta. They have shiney new A339s coming soon which would be ideal, depending on the Upper / Economy split?
Skipness One Foxtrot is online now  
Old 9th Jun 2022, 12:07
  #374 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Foxtrot
A based A330 flying a summer program across MCO/LAX/SFO/BOS might be a really good summer season option stepping into the space vacated by Thomas Cook and staying clear of United and Delta. They have shiney new A339s coming soon which would be ideal, depending on the Upper / Economy split?
Given Delta own 49% of Virgin and already codeshare on some routes, wouldn't it make sense to partner with them to make a destination programme you suggest work?
Breathe is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2022, 12:11
  #375 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Falkirk
Posts: 247
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Breathe
Given Delta own 49% of Virgin and already codeshare on some routes, wouldn't it make sense to partner with them to make a destination programme you suggest work?
Thatís logical then again I thought Virgin may have codeshared the Delta JKF and BOS flights already.
Sk1schoolsam is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2022, 13:27
  #376 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 91
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sk1schoolsam
Thatís logical then again I thought Virgin may have codeshared the Delta JKF and BOS flights already.
They do: VS 4027 being EDI>JFK and VS 3963 being EDI>BOS for example. There's also a DL code on VS's EDI-MCO
Link Kilo is online now  
Old 9th Jun 2022, 14:05
  #377 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: Edin
Posts: 330
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of speculation. Let’s hope something does transpire from LAX’s incentive. If an airline did take a punt on an EDI-LAX route or if other routes to North America were to start or even the Far East (return of emirates) and the sectors recovery continues, would the airport need to revisit and consider a further extension to the terminal building with more gates/air bridges? An LAX route would almost certainly require a wide body aircraft to make the trip? Unsure if a 321XLR would reach? The current set up for international arrivals at most gates is far from ideal when departing or arriving pax cannot de-plane or board at same time due to activity at other gates. It can be carnage if you arrive into gates 1 through 6. Could the airport re-develop gates on the pier and add bridges? All very hypothetical, however, with the prospect of returning to pre-pandemic pax numbers looking more probable, another extension could be required.
Planeraz is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2022, 14:54
  #378 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 42
Posts: 1,401
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, they'd just allocate an airport slot in EDI when they had a gate available, no need for CAPEX just yet.
Skipness One Foxtrot is online now  
Old 9th Jun 2022, 17:14
  #379 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,791
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The quoted range of an XLR (4700 nautical miles )would reach LAX but without much spare.
inOban is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2022, 17:58
  #380 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 53
Posts: 1,388
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just canít see anyone operating LAX, VS A330 or otherwise, seasonal or not. If it did, it would be while an incentive lasted then ditched.
VickersVicount is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.