Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Southampton-3

Old 22nd Sep 2023, 12:17
  #2061 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern England
Posts: 466
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote towers is new technology. Remote APS is far more established. All the London Airports have had remote APS since the early 90s and the now defunct Doncaster Airport did too.

AGS might be better grouping its own airports than partnering with its rival down the road although a combined EGHH/EGHI APS would make a lot of sense
eglnyt is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 12:56
  #2062 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the sticks
Posts: 9,704
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An ideal job for someone older who now wants a quiet life with not much happening, as he or she winds down towards ATC retirement. Maybe a greenhouse and a potting shed next to the control tower could be provided as an incentive for those quieter moments plus an allocated space for a Labrador’s dog bed.

Last edited by LTNman; 22nd Sep 2023 at 18:19.
LTNman is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 18:48
  #2063 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Southampton
Posts: 585
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
An ideal job for someone older who now wants a quiet life with not much happening, as he or she winds down towards ATC retirement. Maybe a greenhouse and a potting shed next to the control tower could be provided as an incentive for those quieter moments plus an allocated space for a Labradorís dog bed.
I do believe that you only contribute to this thread to get some form of reaction,its a meaningless piece of tripe!
Come forward with some constructive views,if you wish to be considered seriously!
RW20 is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 19:34
  #2064 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 606
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RW20
I do believe that you only contribute to this thread to get some form of reaction,its a meaningless piece of tripe!
Come forward with some constructive views,if you wish to be considered seriously!
HERE HERE👍

I'm sure those on the Luton thread would wholeheartedly agree with your comments as well. In saying that the same could be said for every thread on pprune.

It reminds me when you're parents used to say to you when you were a kid, "enough is enough" 🤐
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 20:46
  #2065 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the sticks
Posts: 9,704
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lighten up chaps, no sense of humour comes to mind, as it was meant to be a light-hearted comment.

Here is a photo to cheer you all up courtesy of the airport’s publicity department. Shouldn’t they be wearing hi vis jackets?

Last edited by LTNman; 22nd Sep 2023 at 21:13.
LTNman is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 21:06
  #2066 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: London Whipsnade Wildlife Park
Posts: 5,028
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Originally Posted by eglnyt
Remote towers is new technology. Remote APS is far more established. All the London Airports have had remote APS since the early 90s and the now defunct Doncaster Airport did too.

AGS might be better grouping its own airports than partnering with its rival down the road although a combined EGHH/EGHI APS would make a lot of sense
Will someone please tell me where the Luton remote APS was please during the 1990s? Maybe management forgot to tell me. I guess we could have gone procedural from the fire station
Buster the Bear is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2023, 22:25
  #2067 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Southern England
Posts: 466
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buster the Bear
Will someone please tell me where the Luton remote APS was please during the 1990s? Maybe management forgot to tell me. I guess we could have gone procedural from the fire station
Sorry I forgot it became a London Airport in 1990. It was as you point out a late adopter.
eglnyt is offline  
Old 23rd Sep 2023, 11:42
  #2068 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 606
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
Lighten up chaps, no sense of humour comes to mind, as it was meant to be a light-hearted comment.

Here is a photo to cheer you all up courtesy of the airportís publicity department. Shouldnít they be wearing hi vis jackets?
Whenever your called out you always make an excuse as in the use of "sense of humour" or something similar to make up for your negativite comments. That doesnít wash with me and I'm sure it doesn't with the majority on pprune. Your consistent comments are intentional there's no doubt about that.
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 23rd Sep 2023, 12:34
  #2069 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 864
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
Lighten up chaps, no sense of humour comes to mind, as it was meant to be a light-hearted comment.

Here is a photo to cheer you all up courtesy of the airportís publicity department. Shouldnít they be wearing hi vis jackets?
As far as publicity photoís go, they donít get much classier or iconic than that and instead suggest you stick with your Vauxhall Viva at LTN!

Last edited by stewyb; 23rd Sep 2023 at 15:52.
stewyb is offline  
Old 23rd Sep 2023, 14:10
  #2070 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,896
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
Whenever your called out you always make an excuse as in the use of "sense of humour" or something similar to make up for your negativite comments. That doesnít wash with me and I'm sure it doesn't with the majority on pprune. Your consistent comments are intentional there's no doubt about that.
Well, for what its worth immediately I read it I saw humour. A few people are just a bit too touchy.
ATNotts is online now  
Old 23rd Sep 2023, 15:20
  #2071 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 606
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
Well, for what its worth immediately I read it I saw humour. A few people are just a bit too touchy.
And all the other post's on here and other threads are all based on humour, really, have you not been taking any attention over the last year or so 🤔
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2023, 08:22
  #2072 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Between the flower pots
Posts: 408
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a ridiculous massive over reaction to a funny comment but then what is happening at Southampton is no laughing matter. I can understand why when in the same week Bournemouth picks up a new route that Southampton should have got and Southampton’s new runway is officially opened with not a single new route announcement.

Regarding greenhouses and potting sheds, this is actually happening at Manchester Airport who have provided airport allotments so why the anger? Just maybe Southampton needs to do the same to stop their staff nodding off between movements?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...to-keep-891281

Green-fingered Manchester airport workers have been banned from growing fruit at their workplace allotments – because of the danger of attracting birds and causing a plane crash.

The new allotments – just yards from one of Europe’s busiest airports – have proved a huge hit with staff, with 100 signing up for plots.

Last edited by Pain in the R's; 24th Sep 2023 at 08:43.
Pain in the R's is offline  
Old 25th Sep 2023, 12:18
  #2073 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ferrara
Posts: 7,633
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts
There's disagreeing and pointing out issues and there's deliberate "yah! Boo!! Sucks!!!" posts

There is absolutely no relevance to SOU in PITR's last post
Asturias56 is offline  
Old 25th Sep 2023, 18:05
  #2074 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 864
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pain in the R's
What a ridiculous massive over reaction to a funny comment but then what is happening at Southampton is no laughing matter. I can understand why when in the same week Bournemouth picks up a new route that Southampton should have got and Southamptonís new runway is officially opened with not a single new route announcement.

Regarding greenhouses and potting sheds, this is actually happening at Manchester Airport who have provided airport allotments so why the anger? Just maybe Southampton needs to do the same to stop their staff nodding off between movements?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...to-keep-891281
All good things come to those who wait!
stewyb is offline  
Old 25th Sep 2023, 20:27
  #2075 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 606
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
There's disagreeing and pointing out issues and there's deliberate "yah! Boo!! Sucks!!!" posts

There is absolutely no relevance to SOU in PITR's last post
BUT Southampton was mentioned in that particular post four times, yes that's right FOUR times.

So no relevance to SOU 🤔
Sotonsean is offline  
Old 27th Sep 2023, 19:20
  #2076 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the sticks
Posts: 9,704
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Time to move on and end the anger and the abuse on this thread.

The good
https://www.eastleighnews.co.uk/2023...way-extension/

Any comment on the accuracy of the Microsoft flight simulator YouTube video, as I haven’t been to the airport for years?

The not so good
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b2419378.html
LTNman is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2023, 05:29
  #2077 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good friend of mine works as route development for Easyjet, I caught up with him the other day and asked him about Southampton. He advised that AGS has not had any communication with them recently reference expanding from Southampton, the last communication they had was to do with the Belfast and Glasgow routes.
SolentAir is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2023, 14:15
  #2078 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Brighton uk
Posts: 1,067
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this where everyone now gives a list of possible candidates again that are suitable for Southampton !!
MARKEYD is online now  
Old 29th Sep 2023, 14:32
  #2079 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Southampton
Posts: 585
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MARKEYD
Is this where everyone now gives a list of possible candidates again that are suitable for Southampton !!
There's so much speculation,but very little facts!
Lets hope for some positive news soon,if only to stop some of the speculative posts that have been going on for a very long time!
RW20 is offline  
Old 29th Sep 2023, 15:55
  #2080 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 135
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RW20
There's so much speculation,but very little facts!
Lets hope for some positive news soon,if only to stop some of the speculative posts that have been going on for a very long time!
Lots of speculation there maybe but thatís not uncommon with an airport which is looking to expand soon after a runway extension and this being a rumour page. If easyjet are not adding routes then itís probably safe to assume someone else is coming in to take on a route network, after all the airport has always said itís looking for a LCC. Will be interesting to see how this develops!
SouthernAlliance is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.