Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Southampton-3

Old 14th Sep 2023, 17:23
  #2021 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southampton
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stewyb
these will be announced in the coming weeks!
Spill the beans then, we won't dob you in. 🤐 You obviously have a direct link with the powers that be at EasyJet, seeing as you are so well informed on everything, or perhaps you've promised them not to say anything untill the official announcement happens....🤣
Dropoffcharge is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2023, 20:14
  #2022 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the sticks
Posts: 9,744
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If they had already decided to operate summer routes from Southampton why would they delay the announcement so costing them sales?
LTNman is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2023, 20:18
  #2023 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,330
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
If they had already decided to operate summer routes from Southampton why would they delay the announcement so costing them sales?
An arguement that could be applied at every airport about every airline - will we see no announcements from anybody anywhere about next summer, then?

SWBKCB is online now  
Old 14th Sep 2023, 20:48
  #2024 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 871
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be clear, post #2018 on easyjet releasing new routes in the next few weeks and after their scheduled release this morning was factual in that this has always been the case and the very same each year, I did not suggest this was related to SOU in any way. Letís wait and see what is announced, if anything, for the airport and if I am wrong and nothing materialises, I am big and ugly enough to admit my mistake. Until then!

Last edited by stewyb; 14th Sep 2023 at 21:23.
stewyb is offline  
Old 14th Sep 2023, 22:06
  #2025 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by stewyb
To be clear, post #2018 on easyjet releasing new routes in the next few weeks and after their scheduled release this morning was factual in that this has always been the case and the very same each year, I did not suggest this was related to SOU in any way. Letís wait and see what is announced, if anything, for the airport and if I am wrong and nothing materialises, I am big and ugly enough to admit my mistake. Until then!
Unlike yourself I'm actually not big and I'm definitely not ugly but I await the day when you are able to admit your many mistakes on this thread. Until then!

BTW, In my honest opinion your credibility rating on this thread was rather high at one point, what happened for it to deteriorate so quickly 🤔
Sotonsean is online now  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 13:57
  #2026 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Southampton
Posts: 167
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stewyb
However the first real test will be next summer when easyjet will be running a much larger program from the airport and could have multiple arrivals at once!
Originally Posted by stewyb
However we can expect something fairly soon and will no doubt draw away a certain percentage of BOH regulars, interesting times!
Originally Posted by stewyb
To be clear, post #2018 on easyjet releasing new routes in the next few weeks and after their scheduled release this morning was factual in that this has always been the case and the very same each year, I did not suggest this was related to SOU in any way
Well that was a sudden back track (no pun intended) I draw attention to two of your previous posts of you suggesting EasyJet are VERY much related to SOU in S24......🤔🤷‍♂️
Dropoffcharge is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 15:00
  #2027 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Southampton
Posts: 610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dropoffcharge
Well that was a sudden back track (no pun intended) I draw attention to two of your previous posts of you suggesting EasyJet are VERY much related to SOU in S24......🤔🤷‍♂️
The problem is and will always be is that due to SOU opening times there will never be a LCC base at the airport. Then down the road at BOH these restrictions dont exist,hence there ever increasing destinations and PAX numbers. Im not sure how this will effect SOU short term,but they will not be able to get back to profit without LCC operations.
RW20 is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 15:20
  #2028 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 165
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RW20
The problem is and will always be is that due to SOU opening times there will never be a LCC base at the airport. Then down the road at BOH these restrictions dont exist,hence there ever increasing destinations and PAX numbers. Im not sure how this will effect SOU short term,but they will not be able to get back to profit without LCC operations.
That doesnít however deter airlines from operating non based flying, easyjet included. Think we all need to wait and see what if anything is announced. All I will say is that because EZY have already added some additional winter flying to the airport, this potentially bodes well for them also trying some summer schedules now the runway is complete!

Last edited by SouthernAlliance; 15th Sep 2023 at 16:28.
SouthernAlliance is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 19:44
  #2029 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernAlliance
That doesnít however deter airlines from operating non based flying, easyjet included. Think we all need to wait and see what if anything is announced. All I will say is that because EZY have already added some additional winter flying to the airport, this potentially bodes well for them also trying some summer schedules now the runway is complete!
Or it might be the case that with EasyJet discontinuing those "additional winter flying to the airport" for summer 2024 it might not bode well for them also trying summer schedules regardless of the fact that the runway extension is now complete 🤔

Those looking for their summer flights are looking elsewhere to fly from. EasyJet will have the data for them to target a local audience. If they felt there was a captive audience surely a company like EasyJet would have announced something by now.

It would have been a major announcement by the airline if they decided on expanding their ops at Southampton. The fact that they haven't yet done so regardless of the fact that the runway extension is now completed leads me to believe that they won't.

As I have mentioned on numerous occasions, until EasyJet make an official statement it's all hearsay and unfounded rumours. The topic is brought up by the same individuals over and over again. It's tedious and boring and dare I say it getting rather childish.

I know this topic more or less keeps this thread alive but enough is enough.

Perhaps it's a good idea to put the topic to sleep for now and wait for EasyJet to wake us all up as and when they feel like making any official announcement.

Sotonsean is online now  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 20:07
  #2030 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: .
Posts: 446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've no idea if Easy will or won't but there is still plenty of time for them to announce something. When they relaunched Southend to Malaga and Palma for summer '22 they only announced it the previous December. When Jet2 launched their Bristol base they only announced it the previous November.
cavokblues is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 21:10
  #2031 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Southampton
Posts: 610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cavokblues
I've no idea if Easy will or won't but there is still plenty of time for them to announce something. When they relaunched Southend to Malaga and Palma for summer '22 they only announced it the previous December. When Jet2 launched their Bristol base they only announced it the previous November.
Both these airports have one specific advantage over SOU, i.e. Operational hours!
RW20 is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 21:32
  #2032 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,330
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
What's the relevance of operating hours to when airlines announce new routes?
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 22:29
  #2033 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Southampton
Posts: 610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
What's the relevance of operating hours to when airlines announce new routes?
Simply For LCC to operate from Southampton they need the flexability of landing after 23-00 when delays occur,its costly to divert to other airports.
RW20 is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2023, 00:03
  #2034 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: UK
Posts: 165
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
Or it might be the case that with EasyJet discontinuing those "additional winter flying to the airport" for summer 2024 it might not bode well for them also trying summer schedules regardless of the fact that the runway extension is now complete 🤔

Those looking for their summer flights are looking elsewhere to fly from. EasyJet will have the data for them to target a local audience. If they felt there was a captive audience surely a company like EasyJet would have announced something by now.

It would have been a major announcement by the airline if they decided on expanding their ops at Southampton. The fact that they haven't yet done so regardless of the fact that the runway extension is now completed leads me to believe that they won't.

As I have mentioned on numerous occasions, until EasyJet make an official statement it's all hearsay and unfounded rumours. The topic is brought up by the same individuals over and over again. It's tedious and boring and dare I say it getting rather childish.

I know this topic more or less keeps this thread alive but enough is enough.

Perhaps it's a good idea to put the topic to sleep for now and wait for EasyJet to wake us all up as and when they feel like making any official announcement.
Just an observation but your postings could also be construed as tedious and boring, you clearly have nothing positive to say about the airport even though your username suggests otherwise
SouthernAlliance is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2023, 00:11
  #2035 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Southampton
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernAlliance
Just an observation but your postings could also be construed as tedious and boring, you clearly have nothing positive to say about the airport even though your username suggests otherwise
I'm very positive about my local airport. I first visited my local airport in 1969. I started my interest in aviation at my local airport aged 7 in 1972. I've supported the airport throughout my adult life.

But

The continous post's regarding unfounded rumours from those that assume they know better is in fact getting extremely tedious and boring.

Just an observation, construed 🤔

I'm just stating the actual facts, as obvious as they are.

Last edited by Sotonsean; 16th Sep 2023 at 16:24.
Sotonsean is online now  
Old 16th Sep 2023, 06:28
  #2036 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In the sticks
Posts: 9,744
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are those without any inside information that can make a good educated guess as to what is going to happen. Due to their certainty they then start a rumour as there is a good chance they will be correct. This is done to increase their own standing as someone in the know.

A clue to what they know can be deduced, as to whether they are indeed insiders, by looking at their track record. For instance did they predict EasyJet’s new winter only domestic program to Southampton weeks in advance of its announcement?
LTNman is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2023, 07:42
  #2037 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: .
Posts: 446
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RW20
Simply For LCC to operate from Southampton they need the flexability of landing after 23-00 when delays occur,its costly to divert to other airports.
Completely agree it's prohibitive for a base. But look at SEN's flights from Malaga and Palma - predominantly early morning and mid afternoon arrivals. I think that's the best Southampton can hope for at this point, a few arrivals from away based aircraft well away from the curfew. Whether that's enough to fill their financial hole, who knows?
cavokblues is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2023, 08:13
  #2038 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ferrara
Posts: 8,134
Received 317 Likes on 183 Posts
"Just an observation but your postings could also be construed as tedious and boring, you clearly have nothing positive to say about the airport even though your username suggests otherwise"

I though Sean was the biggest SOU fan boy on here -

Clearly wrong - he and his friends in the People's Judean Front are clearly sell out traitors according to Southern Alliance and his mates in the Front for the Liberation of......................



Asturias56 is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2023, 08:21
  #2039 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,330
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by RW20
Simply For LCC to operate from Southampton they need the flexability of landing after 23-00 when delays occur,its costly to divert to other airports.
But the comment you quoted related to a discussion about launch dates. You comment might be relevant if the discussion had been about opening a base, which it wasn't.

And both SEN and BOH have operating hours restrictions.

SWBKCB is online now  
Old 16th Sep 2023, 08:44
  #2040 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Southampton
Posts: 610
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
But the comment you quoted related to a discussion about launch dates. You comment might be relevant if the discussion had been about opening a base, which it wasn't.

And both SEN and BOH have operating hours restrictions.
In the case of BOH,just look at the arrivals board and you will see regular late arrivals sometimes after midnight,so the restictions dont limit its operations!
RW20 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.