PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2023, 18:44
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SouthernAlliance
That doesn’t however deter airlines from operating non based flying, easyjet included. Think we all need to wait and see what if anything is announced. All I will say is that because EZY have already added some additional winter flying to the airport, this potentially bodes well for them also trying some summer schedules now the runway is complete!
Or it might be the case that with EasyJet discontinuing those "additional winter flying to the airport" for summer 2024 it might not bode well for them also trying summer schedules regardless of the fact that the runway extension is now complete 🤔

Those looking for their summer flights are looking elsewhere to fly from. EasyJet will have the data for them to target a local audience. If they felt there was a captive audience surely a company like EasyJet would have announced something by now.

It would have been a major announcement by the airline if they decided on expanding their ops at Southampton. The fact that they haven't yet done so regardless of the fact that the runway extension is now completed leads me to believe that they won't.

As I have mentioned on numerous occasions, until EasyJet make an official statement it's all hearsay and unfounded rumours. The topic is brought up by the same individuals over and over again. It's tedious and boring and dare I say it getting rather childish.

I know this topic more or less keeps this thread alive but enough is enough.

Perhaps it's a good idea to put the topic to sleep for now and wait for EasyJet to wake us all up as and when they feel like making any official announcement.