Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2-6

Old 30th May 2023, 23:14
  #1361 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,789
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FLEX65
Anyone in the know as to whether any of the NEOs will eventually be based at LBA?
Apparently on a wet day, LBA could be performance limiting for the 321NEO.
Have Wizzair 321NEOs had any issues?
pabely is online now  
Old 31st May 2023, 09:46
  #1362 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: 0ft
Posts: 193
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
Have Wizzair 321NEOs had any issues?
I work at LBA. Not that we are aware of. So I suspect same will be said for Jet2.
LBAflyer22 is offline  
Old 31st May 2023, 10:10
  #1363 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 882
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FLEX65
Anyone in the know as to whether any of the NEOs will eventually be based at LBA?
Apparently on a wet day, LBA could be performance limiting for the 321NEO.
Can’t think there would be a problem as Wizz 321neo operate successfully from LTN with no issues and their runway is shorter
stewyb is offline  
Old 31st May 2023, 11:15
  #1364 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 60
Posts: 3,789
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps the person who posted the question was hoping Jet2 get some 321LRs for holiday routes to Cape Verdi & Dubai!
pabely is online now  
Old 31st May 2023, 11:17
  #1365 (permalink)  
pug
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: A post-punk postcard fair
Posts: 1,373
Received 82 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by LBAflyer22
I work at LBA. Not that we are aware of. So I suspect same will be said for Jet2.
Different engines and way of operating. May not see the Jet2 A321 at LBA (just IMO) but certainly the A320 if/when they arrive.

Last edited by pug; 31st May 2023 at 12:17.
pug is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2023, 21:21
  #1366 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Teesside
Posts: 632
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
738 Rotations

Nerdy question….apologies.

Jet2 have 34 new build 738s, or to put it another way, 43% of their 738 fleet are new build.

I was led to believe all 738s just move around the bases and there are no specific allocations. Yet, if you look at NCL operations over the last few months, the vast majority of the aircraft are new build. Yes, they move around, but the maths still show it’s a mainly new build base. The last week for example, 7 out of 8 are new, way ahead of the expected 43% if it were just random.

Is this just a coincidence or is there an operational decision to put more new builds at NCL?

P330 is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2023, 21:24
  #1367 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: West midlands
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P330
Nerdy question….apologies.

Jet2 have 34 new build 738s, or to put it another way, 43% of their 738 fleet are new build.

I was led to believe all 738s just move around the bases and there are no specific allocations. Yet, if you look at NCL operations over the last few months, the vast majority of the aircraft are new build. Yes, they move around, but the maths still show it’s a mainly new build base. The last week for example, 7 out of 8 are new, way ahead of the expected 43% if it were just random.

Is this just a coincidence or is there an operational decision to put more new builds at NCL?
going out on a whim here by saying it’s coincidence, jet2 love the term ‘to fit the operation’ they’ll send aircraft anywhere and everywhere however I do see the certain AC won’t leave other bases or are only shared via 2 for example FJ and FF without the winglets always seem to be at STN or MAN. However I wanna say the others just get allocated when needed i suppose.
J2wannabe is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2023, 22:52
  #1368 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: South East
Posts: 156
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet2 have a lot of older 737-800s, since 2006 the SFP (Short Field Performance) package has been available. It improved the takeoff and landing performance of the type. TUI I believe have all their aircraft modified. But with Jet2 having a mixed fleet it would make sense to keep the SFP aircraft in bases where it was most beneficial.
737NG SFP
Downwind_Left is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2023, 22:56
  #1369 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Posts: 1,152
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by J2wannabe
going out on a whim here by saying it’s coincidence, jet2 love the term ‘to fit the operation’ they’ll send aircraft anywhere and everywhere however I do see the certain AC won’t leave other bases or are only shared via 2 for example FJ and FF without the winglets always seem to be at STN or MAN. However I wanna say the others just get allocated when needed i suppose.
Funny you should mention FF, as she's now back at LBA for the first in 12 months...

LBA sees quiet a mixture of old and newer Boeing 737-800s depending on maintenance requirements. Oh we can't get rid of the Boeing 737-300 work horses...
LBIA is offline  
Old 1st Jun 2023, 23:20
  #1370 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 142
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by P330
Nerdy question….apologies.

Jet2 have 34 new build 738s, or to put it another way, 43% of their 738 fleet are new build.

I was led to believe all 738s just move around the bases and there are no specific allocations. Yet, if you look at NCL operations over the last few months, the vast majority of the aircraft are new build. Yes, they move around, but the maths still show it’s a mainly new build base. The last week for example, 7 out of 8 are new, way ahead of the expected 43% if it were just random.

Is this just a coincidence or is there an operational decision to put more new builds at NCL?
love the question as the mathematician in me has always tried to work out if rotations are random or carefully planned or somewhere in between

just to provide more stats to digest in 2019 from
NCL we flew out and back on new 737’s (JZHJ and JZBO ) but last year it was the much older GDFP and GDFS. At that time there seemed to be more older models based than new!

Last edited by GBYAJ; 1st Jun 2023 at 23:33.
GBYAJ is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2023, 07:01
  #1371 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 63
Posts: 1,251
Received 147 Likes on 91 Posts
Just had a phone call from a very annoyed Mrs Mac. You may re call earlier in this thread a point I raised re booking flight only trips with Jet 2 and the fact that you get shoved onto the last flights of the day. Well this morning she received an email offering all the earlier flights which were not available to her earlier this year at a cheaper price. To say she is unimpressed is a slight understatement.

I suggested she phone Jet 2 customer relations rather than rant at her husband who is on the other side of the continent !! However I do agree with her it is sharp practise especially when she had this discussion with them and was specifically told that these flights would be for their Holiday customers only. So they either lied or their booking’s v capacity are out of tilt. Anyway glad I am not in customer relations at Jet 2 this morning.

Cheers
Mr Mac
Mr Mac is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2023, 10:05
  #1372 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: London UK
Posts: 7,649
Likes: 0
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't understand, especially for someone with likely more knowledge of the industry than average, your dismay here. Flights to resort destinations are commonly designed around full holiday sales. As the departure nears and booking trends are recalculated, then further seat-only seats can commonly be made available , if there are now different forecasts. Maybe, maybe not. Saying the company 'lied' is quite inappropriate trolling, that's exactly how it was at the time.

It also aligns with typical booking patterns, where those booking holidays peak several months beforehand, while seat-only bookings do so just days/weeks before departure.

Do you get hacked at the supermarket if they charge you £2 for a loaf of bread, when 15 minutes before closing they offer the same product, but only if they have any left, at 20p ?
WHBM is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2023, 14:32
  #1373 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ballymena
Posts: 1,438
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes this is them just selling off seats to raise some money, that they feel will not be sold for holidays. Remember, once that door closes at departure, if that seat is empty, it is a perished product.
True Blue is offline  
Old 2nd Jun 2023, 14:49
  #1374 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: north yorkshire
Posts: 271
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WHBM
I don't understand, especially for someone with likely more knowledge of the industry than average, your dismay here. Flights to resort destinations are commonly designed around full holiday sales. As the departure nears and booking trends are recalculated, then further seat-only seats can commonly be made available , if there are now different forecasts. Maybe, maybe not. Saying the company 'lied' is quite inappropriate trolling, that's exactly how it was at the time.

It also aligns with typical booking patterns, where those booking holidays peak several months beforehand, while seat-only bookings do so just days/weeks before departure.

Do you get hacked at the supermarket if they charge you £2 for a loaf of bread, when 15 minutes before closing they offer the same product, but only if they have any left, at 20p ?
Another example of the complaining society that has developed in UK in recent years
They get upset if they find that the person sitting next to them.paid less for their flight. They might have got their act together and booked earlier or the booking system cleared a number of empty seats or as has been suggested the block booking for holidays was over ambitious.
Welcome to the real world!

flybar is offline  
Old 3rd Jun 2023, 07:37
  #1375 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 63
Posts: 1,251
Received 147 Likes on 91 Posts
Well a quick up date she has moved her flight time successfully, and has not paid for the privilege she tells me after discussion with Jet 2.

The use of the word lied, which seems to have caused some emotion is correct. She was told specifically that these flights were ONLY available for their Holiday customers, and that she could not book flight only on them and that they would not be released for flight only. As to the cost, that was immaterial, it was the time off departure / arrival that was her concern. They moved the goalposts at the very least.

I do travel probably more by air than the average person, though on here I am pretty sure there are others with equal or if not greater knowledge of being SLF, but I do find it odd that a company specifically say Holidays only, then changes the rules like that. You are an airline or a holiday company, I struggle to see how you can do both. Would it not be reasonable to allow so many seats for Holiday and so many for flight only on a given A/C ? Anyway she is happy with the outcome which for me is the main thing.

Cheers
M Mac
Mr Mac is offline  
Old 3rd Jun 2023, 07:46
  #1376 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,526
Received 81 Likes on 56 Posts
She was told specifically that these flights were ONLY available for their Holiday customers, and that she could not book flight only on them and that they would not be released for flight only.
This is the mistake - should have been told 'currently only available for their Holiday customers' and maybe available later as flight only later, but couldn't be guaranteed. This would then have been like the normal variable pricing used to fill up aircraft.
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 3rd Jun 2023, 14:27
  #1377 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: north yorkshire
Posts: 271
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Mac
Well a quick up date she has moved her flight time successfully, and has not paid for the privilege she tells me after discussion with Jet 2.

The use of the word lied, which seems to have caused some emotion is correct. She was told specifically that these flights were ONLY available for their Holiday customers, and that she could not book flight only on them and that they would not be released for flight only. As to the cost, that was immaterial, it was the time off departure / arrival that was her concern. They moved the goalposts at the very least.

I do travel probably more by air than the average person, though on here I am pretty sure there are others with equal or if not greater knowledge of being SLF, but I do find it odd that a company specifically say Holidays only, then changes the rules like that. You are an airline or a holiday company, I struggle to see how you can do both. Would it not be reasonable to allow so many seats for Holiday and so many for flight only on a given A/C ? Anyway she is happy with the outcome which for me is the main thing.

Cheers
M Mac
Tui profess to be a Holiday Company but you can also book flight only. Nothing odd about being both
flybar is offline  
Old 3rd Jun 2023, 14:40
  #1378 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,842
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'I do travel probably more by air than the average person'

You certainly do, since the average person hasn't flown at all in the last 12 months!
inOban is offline  
Old 3rd Jun 2023, 15:15
  #1379 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham
Age: 63
Posts: 1,037
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
This is the mistake - should have been told 'currently only available for their Holiday customers' and maybe available later as flight only later, but couldn't be guaranteed. This would then have been like the normal variable pricing used to fill up aircraft.
The Jet2 flights app is dreadful now, they definetly do not have all holiday flight in the flight only app.
So you cannot book all flights as flight only.
BHX5DME is offline  
Old 3rd Jun 2023, 15:23
  #1380 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: London
Posts: 419
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you look on the website and get the flight timetable, it definately has Holiday Only flights blocked out for flight only travellers, so there is no uncertanty there.
Jamesair1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.