PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Middle East (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east-44/)
-   -   Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged) (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged.html)

APU_inop 17th Sep 2019 15:24


Originally Posted by Ramrise (Post 10571575)
Evening gents,


A few questions for the knowing....

What paygrade does one start at if joining as a DEC on the 320? And how much is it?

Is the housing allowance sufficient if one wishes to rent an apartment for two people in a decent area?

Thanks!


Paygrade 1, I think it's around 32.5kQAR plus flight pay and some allowances. Housing allowance should cover a nice 2-3 bedroom in a nicer area or a villa further inland. However expect company accomodation for some time

Ramrise 17th Sep 2019 19:31

Thanks!

In light of the salary being taxfree the base pay seems ok. I just wonder what the flight pay can amount to.

Rgds,

Ramrise

APU_inop 17th Sep 2019 19:47

60-100hrs x 130ish qar + 1500 for transport allowance + housing

Python27 17th Sep 2019 20:14


Originally Posted by APU_inop (Post 10572342)
60-100hrs x 130ish qar + 1500 for transport allowance + housing

don't forget to mention the 30ish for the mobile allowance... That is the blast!


TinFoilhat2 18th Sep 2019 09:47

Out of the ME3 who would be the worst one to work for?

APU_inop 18th Sep 2019 10:04


Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2 (Post 10572713)
Out of the ME3 who would be the worst one to work for?

Probably the unmentionable one as they're currently sacking people according to rumours

GearUpa 25th Sep 2019 09:42

Hi Gents.
Any info about offering DOJ for DEC A320 familly?

tonker 26th Sep 2019 12:42

The tech exam is somewhat harder now than it was 9 months ago. I used the latestjobsnetwork exam database and it didn’t help that much. I did my ATPLs 20 years ago, and the terminology has changed somewhat. None of us thought we’d passed it but thankfully all but one did. Be prepared.

avi8safely 28th Sep 2019 15:11

Is there anyone who has gone through the pre-selection for QR7700 Type rated first officer Boeing only with B737 experience?
I have 1,900 hours on B737NG, valid ATPL, ICAO level 6 and class one medical. So I thought I met the requirements, but I got this email;
we regret to inform you that you have not satisfied our pre-selection screening criteria and as such, your application cannot be taken any further.
I would much appreciate if someone explains this.:rolleyes:

The minimum requirements at the moment are;
  1. Type-rated and currently flying on B737 (EFIS) &or (NG), B787/B777/B767/B757//B747-400/800 with a minimum of 500 hours on type. -> I attached the last 2 pages of my electronic logbook.
  2. Valid ICAO ATPL or Frozen ATPL (ATPL Theory passes/credits) -> I attached my ATPL.
  3. Valid Instrument Rating (IR) -> It's written on ATPL and I don't have a separate certificate for IR.
  4. Valid Class One Medical -> I attached my medical certificate.
  5. English language proficiency level 4 or above -> It's written on ATPL.
  6. Not older than 55 at the time of joining Qatar Airways -> I'm okay.
  7. Holds a current LPC and has flown in the within the past 12 months commercial airline prior to joining Qatar Airways -> My country/company don't produce such thing. We just do the annual sim check and if you pass, that's it. No certificate or documents are given.
  8. Minimum of 1,000 hours in Multi Crew, Multi Engine jet commercial airline experience. -> I have.

avi8safely 30th Sep 2019 01:19

Taviator,

Thank you and congratulations you get a new job:D
I'm afraid whether they see the company's reputation. It's not something I can change...

FlyingOW 1st Oct 2019 15:04


Originally Posted by avi8safely (Post 10582676)
Taviator,

Thank you and congratulations you get a new job:D
I'm afraid whether they see the company's reputation. It's not something I can change...

try submitting a copy of the LPC next time. I find it hard to believe there is no document anywhere. Ask your training dept to give you a copy of your grades? Or get a document from your local CAA. Someone somewhere has to issue something which demonstrates you are current.

OW

PS welcome on board for the new guys.

avi8safely 2nd Oct 2019 00:41


Originally Posted by FlyingOW (Post 10584068)


try submitting a copy of the LPC next time. I find it hard to believe there is no document anywhere. Ask your training dept to give you a copy of your grades? Or get a document from your local CAA. Someone somewhere has to issue something which demonstrates you are current.

OW

PS welcome on board for the new guys.

FlyingOW,

Thank you for your advice.

Is this the LPC people're talking about and you're given hard copy of this after your proficiency check?
http://hub.easa.europa.eu/crt/docs/v...27e55a4127aff8

Then, I'm sure we don't have such documentation at all. Instructors fill this up, sign and take it to training department, so there isn't any chance to make a copy of it and no 'valid until' or 'expiration date' are written on anywhere.
https://www.pdffiller.com/preview/10...0621/large.png

Would there be any good way to prove my currency at next application?

WrldWide 2nd Oct 2019 20:08


Originally Posted by avi8safely (Post 10584449)
FlyingOW,

Thank you for your advice.

Is this the LPC people're talking about and you're given hard copy of this after your proficiency check?
http://hub.easa.europa.eu/crt/docs/v...27e55a4127aff8

Then, I'm sure we don't have such documentation at all. Instructors fill this up, sign and take it to training department, so there isn't any chance to make a copy of it and no 'valid until' or 'expiration date' are written on anywhere.
https://www.pdffiller.com/preview/10...0621/large.png

Would there be any good way to prove my currency at next application?

Is it really that difficult to obtain copies of your training records from your employer? Have you even asked? Should be as easy as an email.

APU_inop 2nd Oct 2019 20:26

I think it's the expiry date that the examiner writes on the license after PC

WrldWide 3rd Oct 2019 05:41


Originally Posted by APU_inop (Post 10585102)
I think it's the expiry date that the examiner writes on the license after PC

The validity is determined by the date of examination which is certainly stated on whatever document is produced.

Tapita73 3rd Oct 2019 15:41

Hello Guys. Anyone has any idea how long is the time on the pool for a Boeing Captain to be call?

Plane123 4th Oct 2019 02:35

Hi guys,

I am having issues with my application, is there any1 who can provide me a means of contacting Qatar HR or any any email please, I really need it.

Thank you

Kulito 5th Oct 2019 16:22

Hi.

how long afer finish the psico tests we get results ?.

unkki 6th Oct 2019 02:08

did the sonru interview almost 2 months ago. No response and status is still "self service video"

What can I do?

I sent an email to customer support no response.

wingsover 6th Oct 2019 13:05

ATR72 to Qatari?
 
Is there any Qatari pilot come from propeller aircraft before? Like ATR turboprop. Because im on the application right now and my type rating is on ATR 72. Any information is very helpful :D

Thanks


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:58.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.