PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Middle East (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east-44/)
-   -   Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged) (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged.html)

charliegolf1974 7th Aug 2019 01:37

HI everyone:
Can you please help me to know what is the online interview about? What kind of questions are made?
Thanks!

Taviator 11th Aug 2019 20:52


Originally Posted by itssmano (Post 10532402)
I had once applied in 2018 but couldnít clear the process. My Login credentials used at that time is not allowing me to apply again. What are my options.
I am unable to locate any email to seek QR support.

Had the same. You can contact the helpdesk email and they will send it to the appropriate person. After a month my application was revisited and I was invited! Good luck!


Originally Posted by charliegolf1974 (Post 10538651)
HI everyone:
Can you please help me to know what is the online interview about? What kind of questions are made?
Thanks!

Hey charliegolf, I recommend you to check latestpilotjobs.com for a proper interview preparation. Good luck!

APU_inop 13th Aug 2019 11:32

Anyone else who's had problems with the new insurance? I keep hearing one horror story after another from colleagues dealing with Al Koot

bananaman2 13th Aug 2019 20:43

... from the people I know, a lot of the issues seem to be centred around claiming stuff back. Also it seems itís hard now to get stuff done outside of Qatar.

For me the change in provider hasnít made too much of a difference, with Allianz I only really used it for a handful of Dermatology appointments and prescriptions (in Qatar) and a couple of pairs of glasses.

I spoke to the guy in the QROC the other day... and itís basically the same process, no pre-authorisation, just go straight to the hospital (Al Ahli is my
preferred) and itís covered, subject to a 20% participation fee for the consultation (it was 10 with Allianz).

Iím from the UK, so for anything serious, unless physically unable, iíd much rather drag myself back to the UK and get treatment on the NHS with British trained or based doctors (as was the case with Allianz). Obviously for people from other countries that have a private healthcare system, they may rely on their company healthcare scheme a bit more.

Jakub_738 14th Aug 2019 09:09

Does anyone know what is the bond for 787 or 777 TR in terms of money or years that one has to work for QR?

capt_mbm777 19th Aug 2019 06:23

Oct class
 

Originally Posted by Emre034 (Post 10520900)

Congrats.I am also waiting date of join,when did you finish your assessment?Thanks...

I sent you PM

Just_landed 19th Aug 2019 07:15

HI Taviator, quick question

Originally Posted by Taviator (Post 10542737)
Had the same. You can contact the helpdesk email and they will send it to the appropriate person. After a month my application was revisited and I was invited! Good luck!

which email address is that. I went through the whole application page but couldnt find anything even in queries section of application.

Thanks.

me179 20th Aug 2019 10:10

Sim Screening 787
 
Sim Screening,

Anyone was recently in the Sim Screening on the 787 would like to send me a brief review?

Just_landed 21st Aug 2019 07:10

Hi, quick help....
I applied for QR some years back, got "regret" and ever since then my application page is stuck. Even if I update my dynamic details on the application page which I have done a couple of times, I am never able to submit it and the status page keeps on showing "regret". How do I reapply with latest details (please don't suggest to make a new email id....any other solution please)?

APU_inop 21st Aug 2019 11:17


Originally Posted by Jakub_738 (Post 10544650)
Does anyone know what is the bond for 787 or 777 TR in terms of money or years that one has to work for QR?

3 years after final line check (usually 5-6 months after joining if non TR and all goes well) and USD50k reducing per month if employment ends earlier.

Nav99 22nd Aug 2019 11:01

Hey,

Hope your online skype interview went well.
May I kindly ask what did they ask and how was it.
I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks
Regards

Plane123 23rd Aug 2019 02:20

Anyone knows when they hire direct second officer for low hour? Or any speculation on it? Thanks.

It seems the carriers in middle east Qatar is thenonly one that will offer direct second than Emirates etc.

Taviator 23rd Aug 2019 08:01


Originally Posted by Plane123 (Post 10552139)
Anyone knows when they hire direct second officer for low hour? Or any speculation on it? Thanks.

It seems the carriers in middle east Qatar is thenonly one that will offer direct second than Emirates etc.

During the presentation they said they don't hire Second Officer anymore, however, I have not double checked that information.
I do know that they take SO from their own training though, as I will start my course with one of them.

Regards

Plane123 24th Aug 2019 06:23


Originally Posted by Taviator (Post 10552245)
During the presentation they said they don't hire Second Officer anymore, however, I have not double checked that information.
I do know that they take SO from their own training though, as I will start my course with one of them.

Regards

Thanks for the info. Btw are the only options currently to join Qatar Second officer is by firstly being a Qatari citizen?

tonker 27th Aug 2019 18:06

I've got an automated interview to do. Has anyone done one of these, and what sort of content is asked?

Regards

B777FO 29th Aug 2019 02:31

Hello! I have some questions about Qatar. Well, I am flying B737NG at the moment as a FO and I have an estimated time for upgrade for a captain position in about a maximum time of two years from now. So now I have the minimums for applying for Qatar. I would like to fly the triple seven, the questions I have are about after completing the pilot screening if they call me to fly the 777 or 787, can I choose any of them? What about the time for upgrating for a captain position there and the requirements? What is the salary base and top and how much per hour in USD for FO? Do they have eCrew system or something like that where I can request flights for some destinations? (the company I am right now I can bid some fligths, for example, if I ask JFK, that is gonna be a bunch of JFK`s on my schedule for the next month). Talk about the benefits on the country and for flying back home or leisure flights. Thanks.

Nav99 29th Aug 2019 05:37

I was asked

- Why Qatar airways?
-What will you do during RTO?
Which is your best destination?
-When was your last flight?

Nav99 29th Aug 2019 05:38

I was asked

-When was your last flight?
-Why Qatar airways?
What will you do during RTO?
-Which is your favourite destination?

cino_cool 29th Aug 2019 12:49

hello guys, is there anyone who is currently flying A350 fleet as f/o?
i am wondering about the roster

Black Pudding 29th Aug 2019 13:12


Originally Posted by B777FO (Post 10556734)
Hello! I have some questions about Qatar. Well, I am flying B737NG at the moment as a FO and I have an estimated time for upgrade for a captain position in about a maximum time of two years from now. So now I have the minimums for applying for Qatar. I would like to fly the triple seven, the questions I have are about after completing the pilot screening if they call me to fly the 777 or 787, can I choose any of them? What about the time for upgrating for a captain position there and the requirements? What is the salary base and top and how much per hour in USD for FO? Do they have eCrew system or something like that where I can request flights for some destinations? (the company I am right now I can bid some fligths, for example, if I ask JFK, that is gonna be a bunch of JFK`s on my schedule for the next month). Talk about the benefits on the country and for flying back home or leisure flights. Thanks.


if they call me to fly the 777 or 787, can I choose any of them?

No, youíll be put on any fleet they require you and this could be after you arrive and not the fleet mentioned on your offer letter.

What about the time for upgrating for a captain position there and the requirements?

Cant comment as itís company policy. For new joiners anything below 5 years is a bonus. I would plan on 5-6 years but it changes as time goes by.

What is the salary base and top and how much per hour in USD for FO?

PPJN is pretty accurate

Do they have eCrew system or something like that where I can request flights for some destinations? (the company I am right now I can bid some fligths, for example, if I ask JFK, that is gonna be a bunch of JFK`s on my schedule for the next month).

Yes we do and also a flight swap request application

Talk about the benefits on the country and for flying back home or leisure flights.

Can earn good money, see the world. If you join here, you should plan to live here and accept the country. Itís not difficult. Many have been here for years and have no intention of leaving. Some love it, some hate it and some tolerate it. Those that hate it only last a couple of years and then thankfully leave.

You say you would love to fly the triple ? Really, why ? If flying the triple is more important to you than anything else, I suggest you think long and hard before coming here.


All times are GMT. The time now is 20:11.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.