PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Middle East (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east-44/)
-   -   Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged) (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged.html)

Obbie 16th Mar 2017 14:09

That would be THIS August, not next August.
Learn to be unambiguous, if you want any hope
of surviving this airline.

myriakephalon 16th Mar 2017 17:25


Originally Posted by atrrightseater (Post 9708112)
Next August. 2017

Thank you very much for your response.Our situations are similar,I had my process in February and swimming in the pool now.I am just trying to guess the duration of stay in the pool.Best regards

atrrightseater 16th Mar 2017 19:45


Originally Posted by myriakephalon (Post 9708404)
Thank you very much for your response.Our situations are similar,I had my process in February and swimming in the pool now.I am just trying to guess the duration of stay in the pool.Best regards

Best of luck mate, hope you come out of that pool very soon! Cheers

WilliamBrantree 18th Mar 2017 05:37

Which rosters do you guys prefer? The cargo or passenger flight rosters? How often is a cargo roster assigned?

casablanca 18th Mar 2017 07:44

There are some people with no family in Qatar so many enjoy a 10 day trip to N/S America vs staying here. Others hate it.
In general I would say an average month is 4-5 pax flights and 1 cargo trip...often a short trip like Frankfurt or Hong Kong and back following day.
They usually send you on a longer 5-11 day trip every 3rd month.....although as the cargo division grows it is becoming more frequent.

BR-Pilot 18th Mar 2017 17:15


Originally Posted by casablanca (Post 9710337)
There are some people with no family in Qatar so many enjoy a 10 day trip to N/S America vs staying here. Others hate it.
In general I would say an average month is 4-5 pax flights and 1 cargo trip...often a short trip like Frankfurt or Hong Kong and back following day.
They usually send you on a longer 5-11 day trip every 3rd month.....although as the cargo division grows it is becoming more frequent.

Thanks for sharing. Guess this is the 777 roster. Any clue about the 787's?

WilliamBrantree 18th Mar 2017 21:53

I am sure the A330 guys have a similar roster as well since QR has A330F.

Toto737NG 19th Mar 2017 19:54

About to join the interview in Doha
 
Hi Guys, hopefully somebody can give me the best vector to study for the written test.
I will have it in 3 weeks.
About Latest Pilot Job, there are some comments in the cockpits about it's not updated, is it true?
Please just post me some good references in order to get good material to pass my test.
Thanks since now!!
Safe flights to all of you! ✈

RJ021 20th Mar 2017 00:39


Originally Posted by Toto737NG (Post 9711908)
Hi Guys, hopefully somebody can give me the best vector to study for the written test.
I will have it in 3 weeks.
About Latest Pilot Job, there are some comments in the cockpits about it's not updated, is it true?
Please just post me some good references in order to get good material to pass my test.
Thanks since now!!
Safe flights to all of you! ✈

Aviation Exam + Latest Pilots Jobs should get the job done

Toto737NG 20th Mar 2017 13:26

Thanks RJ021, So I will smash this two options in order to get success.
Happy landings !!

Luckyheader 21st Mar 2017 05:41

Hi everyone.

How are the rosters on the 777 at the moment, and is the trend positive or negative?

Also, is it possible to live elsewhere in the gulf? I heard that to receive the accommodation allowance you need to apply and wait.

Thank you.

Thunderclap88 21st Mar 2017 12:18

Choose my aircraft type upon entry?
 
Guys, I'm airbus type rated and recently passed the assessment& waiting for approval of employment.
Can I request for which type specifically to join?

Hope to shed some light into this.

Black Pudding 21st Mar 2017 14:29

Airbus type rated ?

You can request all you wish, but in the end, you'll be offered whatever they have a requirement for.

Also be aware, in the contract, it states they reserve the right to change your fleet allocation at anytime.

catotoi 23rd Mar 2017 12:14

Hi everyone.
I completed whole assessment at 17th March. Still no message from company. Is there anyone knows average time for informing assessment result. Thanks.

mrudes21 24th Mar 2017 16:28

@Catotoi it normally takes around 3 weeks to get yr results , sometimes it's shorter from wht I read on the thread . Don't worry too much , company will definitely let u know if u passed or not . One thing is for sure , u gotta be patient and go with the flow . All the best , hope u made it ;)

catotoi 24th Mar 2017 18:21


Originally Posted by mrudes21 (Post 9717998)
@Catotoi it normally takes around 3 weeks to get yr results , sometimes it's shorter from wht I read on the thread . Don't worry too much , company will definitely let u know if u passed or not . One thing is for sure , u gotta be patient and go with the flow . All the best , hope u made it ;)

Thanks mate for kind words. Time to rest now then :)

V1_cut 24th Mar 2017 20:33

Anyone know if you get the interview in Doha will the flights be provided by Qatar? What is the roster like compared to EK?

casablanca 25th Mar 2017 05:10


Originally Posted by V1_cut (Post 9718229)
Anyone know if you get the interview in Doha will the flights be provided by Qatar? What is the roster like compared to EK?

They will provide transportation on Qatar from any destination they fly from, but your responsibility to get to one of their destinations.

APU_inop 25th Mar 2017 10:34


Anyone know if you get the interview in Doha will the flights be provided by Qatar? What is the roster like compared to EK?
Depends on the fleet

Toto737NG 27th Mar 2017 13:47


Originally Posted by catotoi (Post 9716529)
Hi everyone.
I completed whole assessment at 17th March. Still no message from company. Is there anyone knows average time for informing assessment result. Thanks.

catotoi, sorry to ask, but from which book or guide did you get prepare for the written test and how was the test?
I have mine in less than a month, and I'm still worry to get ready.:confused:
Thanks in advance.


All times are GMT. The time now is 13:44.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.