PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Middle East (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east-44/)
-   -   Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged) (https://www.pprune.org/middle-east/288896-joining-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know-about-threads-merged.html)

asianeagle 9th Sep 2016 16:01

When I asked them that directly during my interview... the guy laughed... "they are very different" was his reply. So no..they don't!

soakingpilot 9th Sep 2016 16:07

Will a DUI misdemeanor 14 years ago while (22) but a perfectly clean flying record/no busts/failures etc end any chances I have of getting into Qatar? Its the only place I want to go.

vulture30 9th Sep 2016 16:43


Originally Posted by SkullFlyer (Post 9474888)
Unfortunately I heard that the chances are very small now. They are now giving preference mostly for 757/767 pilots to join the 777 or 787 fleet. When they apply, they receive an "Advanced Candidate" status.

how about rumors for the 737max's?

ExDubai 9th Sep 2016 16:49


Originally Posted by soakingpilot (Post 9502393)
Will a DUI misdemeanor 14 years ago while (22) but a perfectly clean flying record/no busts/failures etc end any chances I have of getting into Qatar? Its the only place I want to go.

You'll get the same answers like in the other thread ;)

volare_737 10th Sep 2016 03:49

Hi guys - maybe someone can help. I applied a while ago and did not have the currency on type, so my application was rejected. My currency has changed now, so I would like to give it a try again. When I try to log in - it says my application is under review and it does not let my go any further !!!! Any ideas ???????? Thanks

allatp 10th Sep 2016 04:35

Housing
 
Hi, please shed some light on this:
Would it be better to take the company housing instead of the 15k allowance? I'm talking about cost versus benefit.
Thanks!!

gatbusdriver 10th Sep 2016 06:45

If you have young family in school in Doha you have the benefit of choosing where you live with regards to schools as opposed to taking company accommodation. It also depends on what you want with regards to facilities. If you're willing to supplement the allowance, then for an extra QR2000/3000 you can have a very nice villa with gym, squash court, tennis court etc. On the flip side you can also find nice villas with limited facilities for around QR13,000 to QR14,000.

The other advantage of getting out of company accommodation is socialising with people outside of the industry. I don't like to talk shop too much during my days off!

Regards,

GBD

Pulkdahulk 10th Sep 2016 11:52


Originally Posted by volare_737 (Post 9502928)
Hi guys - maybe someone can help. I applied a while ago and did not have the currency on type, so my application was rejected. My currency has changed now, so I would like to give it a try again. When I try to log in - it says my application is under review and it does not let my go any further !!!! Any ideas ???????? Thanks

Volare - pretty simple. Apply with a different email id. Once you are in contact with HR and you are off to Doha for the interview, let them know to remove the reference number of the other one and state your reason at that time. They will remove it.

👍

allatp 11th Sep 2016 15:06


Originally Posted by gatbusdriver (Post 9503013)
If you have young family in school in Doha you have the benefit of choosing where you live with regards to schools as opposed to taking company accommodation. It also depends on what you want with regards to facilities. If you're willing to supplement the allowance, then for an extra QR2000/3000 you can have a very nice villa with gym, squash court, tennis court etc. On the flip side you can also find nice villas with limited facilities for around QR13,000 to QR14,000.

The other advantage of getting out of company accommodation is socialising with people outside of the industry. I don't like to talk shop too much during my days off!

Regards,

GBD

Gatbusdriver thanks a lot for the insight!!

one mile 11th Sep 2016 19:37

do you know if QR will take you back if you have been terminated before?

dash8james 11th Sep 2016 20:47

i have applied but got rejected because i did not meet the 1000 hours minimum requirement back then. however i have now more than 1000 hours on B767. But my login says i was unqualified and i cannot apply to the same job. Any of you know how does this work. how long i have to wait until i will be able to re-applyi ?

Southpole 12th Sep 2016 01:02

One mile,

If someone got fired I doubt they are going to hire him back... It doesn't make any sense

Pulkdahulk 12th Sep 2016 05:00

Ok from the PowerPoint that they did display during your introduction when you show up to Doha for housing allowance and plus doing some research to what's the inside story for over a few days, let's talk about what they showed you and then provide you with what's going on.

These possible scenarios (at company discretion). Details are to be provided at the time of joining

1) Fully Furnished Acc at the time of joining

2) Temp Acc for up to 6 weeks then fully furnished company acc

3) Temp Acc for up to 6 weeks then
Capt : 15,000 QAR allowance
FO: 13,000 QAR allowance

As per what's happening to all those that have joined in the last four months, option 1 was given mandatorily. You can opt out but it's a 1-1.5 year waiting period. I know of three four places - Ain Khalid Gate, Al Saad, Pearl, Holiday Village - what are the others, am sure others can fill in which I don't know personally.

Sukhoy 12th Sep 2016 15:20

A320 qr vs A380 ek
 
Hello all

Need some serious advice been offered the job with Qr and Ek but on different buses! I know it might look straight forward which choice would be obvious but I'm just doing my homework to see what is the best among the two. Iv heard qr rostering is better along with pay and other stuff am i right ?

I'm Single mid 20's working for a lcc in Europe

Cheers guys

aramcawy 12th Sep 2016 23:22

Just received my interview dates on the 14th, 15th of Nov. I should have enough time to prepare. Any tips until then will be appreciated.

I have been navigating the thread for quite sometimes and would like to thank everyone equally for the contribution. It was a great help.

Thank you all and fly safe!

soakingpilot 13th Sep 2016 01:43

so is that a yes or no?
what are the FO mins as well for people who are applying?

Black Pudding 13th Sep 2016 13:49

soakingpilot

Simply apply and at an interview, be honest and ask. If you do not admit to it or bring it to their attention, it may be a problem sometime in the future. Honesty sometimes is a better option. I would just apply, nothing to lose.

The minimum requirements are on the recruitment web site

Make sure you go to the correct advert as there are some out of date job adverts on the web that allow you to apply, but they go no where as they are not current.

Search careers.qatarairways.com, then on that site search in Job Function Flight Deck Crew

http://careers.qatarairways.com/qata...ncysearch.aspx

gatbusdriver 13th Sep 2016 18:02

allatp
 
I have just flown with a relatively new joiner, he is looking to change company accommodation or leave it to live closer to the airport. He was told that they would only deal with one request at a time. He was also told that due to an excess of company accommodation he would have to wait around 6 months before being allowed to opt out. This comes with the standard caveats.........firstly I heard this from someone else,and secondly in this industry things change on a daily basis!

soakingpilot 13th Sep 2016 21:31

Only problem with the honesty which i is what i was going to do anyways is that after they say no i basically have no flying career to look forward too. sux.

allatp 14th Sep 2016 03:15


Originally Posted by Pulkdahulk (Post 9504934)
Ok from the PowerPoint that they did display during your introduction when you show up to Doha for housing allowance and plus doing some research to what's the inside story for over a few days, let's talk about what they showed you and then provide you with what's going on.

These possible scenarios (at company discretion). Details are to be provided at the time of joining

1) Fully Furnished Acc at the time of joining

2) Temp Acc for up to 6 weeks then fully furnished company acc

3) Temp Acc for up to 6 weeks then
Capt : 15,000 QAR allowance
FO: 13,000 QAR allowance

As per what's happening to all those that have joined in the last four months, option 1 was given mandatorily. You can opt out but it's a 1-1.5 year waiting period. I know of three four places - Ain Khalid Gate, Al Saad, Pearl, Holiday Village - what are the others, am sure others can fill in which I don't know personally.

Pulk thanks for the info!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:28.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.