Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

Covid Vaccines and Pilots

Old 22nd Dec 2022, 03:57
  #241 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 795
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Do you really want to experience all the masks, movement restrictions, testing, isolation again for another couple of years until an omicron stopping vaccine is found?
No, I'll tell you what I want, what I really, really want..........

A proportional response to the risk to the population, consider that the median age of deaths in Australia was 84.7, consider that the most common co-morbidity was chronic cardiac conditions.

Holy **** Batman, what if we tactically isolated those most at risk, what if we financially supported those most at risk and allow those not at risk to go about their business, do you think we would have saved billions of dollars, our international reputation and wouldn't have made heroes out of dead**** politicians, but most of all Batman, is it actually true that there were 20,000 more, yes 20,000 more excess deaths in 2022 than the baseline average? Holy **** Batman, did we sacrifice 20,000 peoples medical care and mental well being to save a bunch of people that were going to die in the next few years anyway?
tossbag is offline  
Old 22nd Dec 2022, 07:46
  #242 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,285
Received 348 Likes on 189 Posts
Instead of listening to cookers put their spin on Phelps’s words, why not listen to this interview where she, radio host Josh Szeps and a prominent Cardiologist explain the statements in greater detail and in terms most people can understand.

People should note that between them about a half a dozen times they say (in fact they make it abundantly clear) that vaccination is essential as any side effects are not as bad as the consequences of the virus. And cookers should note that Phelps wants “Vaccine Plus”, where she wants mandatory masks and isolation brought back until stronger vaccines are developed. Her comments do not back up the cooker cause I’m afraid:

The rare side effects of Covid vaccines in the spotlight
dr dre is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 22nd Dec 2022, 08:56
  #243 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sydney
Age: 60
Posts: 496
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting paper showing correlation between increased number of doses of vaccine and increased cases of C19 infection.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...625v1.full.pdf

51,000 employees of Cleveland Clinic, so its not a small study.




Could be lots of reasons for this, and correlation in an observational study is not causation.

Maybe those most concerned about C19 are more likely to vax and also more likely to test themselves if any symptoms.
Or maybe older sicker are more likely to vax and more likely to come into contact with health system and be diagnosed with incidental infection - although in this study they were all employees of a health organisation and so they were all of working age and sufficiently well to be working.
Or maybe those who vax are higher risk (either older, or increased occupational risk) and thus really do get more infections (as above, this may be a significant factor in this particular study of working age people).
Or maybe vax does (somehow - ?? ADE) predispose you to infection.


Conversely, it seems quite likely that those people who avoided the vaccine had a higher risk tolerance - and hence may be more likely to acquire the infection. However the non-faxed had fewer infections.

The data is a mess and it’s very difficult to tease out.

However several studies from different countries have all found similar results over the past 12 months. More vaccine is associated (for whatever reason) with more infections.
slats11 is offline  
Old 22nd Dec 2022, 09:42
  #244 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,509
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Instead of listening to cookers put their spin on Phelps’s words, why not listen to this interview where she, radio host Josh Szeps and a prominent Cardiologist explain the statements in greater detail and in terms most people can understand.

People should note that between them about a half a dozen times they say (in fact they make it abundantly clear) that vaccination is essential as any side effects are not as bad as the consequences of the virus. And cookers should note that Phelps wants “Vaccine Plus”, where she wants mandatory masks and isolation brought back until stronger vaccines are developed. Her comments do not back up the cooker cause I’m afraid:

The rare side effects of Covid vaccines in the spotlight
Hmmm… the ABC eh..

More Phelps comments:

Dr Phelps said both reactions were reported to the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) “but never followed up”. She revealed she had spoken with other doctors “who have themselves experienced a serious and persistent adverse event” but that “vaccine injury is a subject that few in the medical profession have wanted to talk about”.


https://joannenova.com.au/2022/12/fo...ed/#more-88452
Flying Binghi is offline  
Old 22nd Dec 2022, 10:02
  #245 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 2,285
Received 348 Likes on 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying Binghi
Hmmm… the ABC eh
Well yeah. They’re the ones who’ve given Kerryn Phelps a long format interview to explain and expand on her comments.

Maybe take it as a hint that she isn’t running onto Graham Hood’s channel as to who she best believes will portray her message accurately.
dr dre is offline  
Old 22nd Dec 2022, 22:58
  #246 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,509
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
Instead of listening to cookers put their spin on Phelps’s words, why not listen to this interview where she, radio host Josh Szeps and a prominent Cardiologist explain the statements in greater detail and in terms most people can understand.

People should note that between them about a half a dozen times they say (in fact they make it abundantly clear) that vaccination is essential as any side effects are not as bad as the consequences of the virus. And cookers should note that Phelps wants “Vaccine Plus”, where she wants mandatory masks and isolation brought back until stronger vaccines are developed. Her comments do not back up the cooker cause I’m afraid:

The rare side effects of Covid vaccines in the spotlight
I’m not surprised then that Joanne Nova made some ‘cautious’ comments re Phelps. Jo Nova were very pro lockdown, etc. A stance I disagree with.

As to the ABC ‘interview’, well………. Seems half the time the ABC chap were stating the ‘facts’ and the other two, Phelps and Walker, were nodding their heads so to speak..

Of interest, that Walker chap makes money from his radio and TV interviews. I wonder how many more ‘interviews’ he would get if he had some doubts about the vaccines..

“..Dr. Ross also appears weekly on the national Macquarie Radio network & the Super Radio network. He had his own national radio show, Healthy Living for 8 years on radio 2UE. Healthy Living recommenced nationally on the Macquarie Radio network on March 29th 2020..

..Dr Walker is a non-executive director for MGC Pharmaceuticals, a company researching, developing & marketing medical cannabis around the world..”

Now thats an idea. Maryjane to the rescue. All pilots should smoke a joint preflight to stop that china virus thingy..




https://www.drrosswalker.com/about-us/
Flying Binghi is offline  
Old 23rd Dec 2022, 06:12
  #247 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 795
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I don't care what she wants, don't care whether she's pro vax or not, don't care whether she's a pronoun warrior, green champion or anti coal zealot. What I made a comment on is her whinging about the vaccine effects. She's got about as much credibility as Brett Sutton, that's why she was unceremoniously dumped in Wentworth. Good riddance to you and your ilk.
tossbag is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2022, 02:41
  #248 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 1,623
Received 600 Likes on 170 Posts
https://igorchudov.substack.com/p/co...sFreemail=true

Look forward to why he is wrong.
dragon man is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2022, 05:11
  #249 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 916
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
The vaccine wains - FACT.

Australia only will give you 4 shots.

You can not buy it to even keep current (every 3 months get a booster).

Most only ever got stabbed twice (never protected against omnicron or decatron variants - EVER)

If history repeats again - manufactures will soon remove this product (unless the governments re mandate it's use).

8-10 years from now the court cases will be costly (again if history repeats on the last pandemic).

Bend alot is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2022, 06:28
  #250 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Under a tree in the NT
Posts: 148
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bend alot
The vaccine wains - FACT.

Australia only will give you 4 shots.

You can not buy it to even keep current (every 3 months get a booster).

Most only ever got stabbed twice (never protected against omnicron or decatron variants - EVER)

If history repeats again - manufactures will soon remove this product (unless the governments re mandate it's use).

8-10 years from now the court cases will be costly (again if history repeats on the last pandemic).
to which pandemic are you referring?
NumptyAussie is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2022, 08:45
  #251 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,785
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man
Ah yes- "Igor's newsletter"- now THERE's a source you can trust...
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2022, 10:04
  #252 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: sydney
Posts: 1,623
Received 600 Likes on 170 Posts
Originally Posted by Wizofoz
Ah yes- "Igor's newsletter"- now THERE's a source you can trust...
So I’m waiting for you to show me what is wrong with it.
dragon man is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2022, 10:46
  #253 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 916
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by NumptyAussie
to which pandemic are you referring?
This & the last one.
Bend alot is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2022, 10:51
  #254 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Tent
Posts: 916
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Settlements totalling more than €4.5 million have been approved by the High Court in three cases over the administration of a swine flu vaccine which allegedly caused a sleep disorder.

The cases involve two people under the age of 18 and an adult man who cannot be identified by court order. The cases were against the Minister for Health, the HSE, and Glaxosmithkline Biologicals SA (GSK) – the producer of swine flu vaccine Pandemrix.

GSK was previously given an indemnity by the State concerning any adverse reactions to the vaccine.

Bend alot is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2022, 12:40
  #255 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 795
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
C'mon man, trust the science, Dre's already told us that thalidomide was a one off, now you're telling us the swine flu vaccine had serious side effects? You're nothing but a conspiracy theorist, cos that's what you all are right? Anyone who questions or evaluates what is being told to them, by scientists, fruitloop doctors and politicians are conspiracy theorists right?
tossbag is offline  
Old 31st Dec 2022, 09:16
  #256 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 345
Likes: 0
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
For a lot of us this gentleman is the source of reason and fact above all the hysteria that was Covid.
Perhaps most of us have been duped. Watch this.
Troo believer is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 31st Dec 2022, 19:44
  #257 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,785
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Troo believer
For a lot of us this gentleman is the source of reason and fact above all the hysteria that was Covid.
Perhaps most of us have been duped. Watch this.
https://youtu.be/JYR1wz-Cf_M
Oh Look! You found "Some dude on the internet saying what I already believed". What a revelation.
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 31st Dec 2022, 19:47
  #258 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,785
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag
C'mon man, trust the science, Dre's already told us that thalidomide was a one off, now you're telling us the swine flu vaccine had serious side effects? You're nothing but a conspiracy theorist, cos that's what you all are right? Anyone who questions or evaluates what is being told to them, by scientists, fruitloop doctors and politicians are conspiracy theorists right?
Swine flu wasn't a global pandemic killing millions.
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 31st Dec 2022, 19:52
  #259 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Posts: 4,785
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man
So I’m waiting for you to show me what is wrong with it.
The problem is, what if I did? You'd just go and find ANOTHER source that reenforces your existing views, as above with the "Doctor" (who's actually a nurse.) Debunking every source is not how it does or could work. Looking at the overall picture critically and with some idea how scientific consensus comes about gives you a decent chance of being near the truth.

How about this- I'll start linking flat earth sites, and unless you debunk every one, we'll agree the world aint round.

Deal?
Wizofoz is offline  
Old 31st Dec 2022, 21:03
  #260 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 248
Likes: 0
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Just went and got my Moderna bivalent booster. It was really good. A little painful. No side effects, I got a pretty good landing afterwards (I usually slam it on) and I think the booster is definitely why.

I have my 3 week old booked in for his too. Who knows where it will mutate.
umop apisdn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.