Australia, New Zealand & the Pacific Airline and RPT Rumours & News in Australia, enZed and the Pacific

How good is Alliance!!!!

Old 13th Feb 2021, 06:37
  #321 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Equatorial
Age: 49
Posts: 887
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Love the thread drift.

How good is Alliance? Pretty bloody good if you look at the ASX!

If you know the industry as most here purport to well again, how good is Alliance? Pretty bloody good!

The business strategy I have always liked, the F100’s and parts supply, amazing.

Now 30 E190’s, as I mentioned earlier no doubt a stack of parts you can’t jump over to boot.

How good are Qantas pilots? Dunno, all have ATPL’s and a ticket so I’d say pretty bloody good. How many are sky gods? Well I’d say one for sure, after all he wrote a book. Apart from that I only personally know one other. The rest normal, ok some lean towards Oztronaughts but that ain’t limited to the QF.

How good are Jitstar pilots? See above. On and on it goes.

It is a shame there is no E190 sim in Oz, with Covid ratings overseas a pain in the arse. Surely a deal with Singapore if the E jet Sim is still there? No quarantine on arrival in Singapore if you ain’t got the C.

How good is Alliance? I’d say pretty bloody good!

Do I work there? Nope, would I yep. Do I have a chance? Prob not as not a QF pilot and I’m still looking for the E190 rating I don’t have.

Ok back to thread drift.
Global Aviator is online now  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 06:55
  #322 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 107
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kaboobla View Post
Since when does fairness have anything to do with business decisions ?

TFH you will learn pretty soon that Qantas management do not give a rats arse about what’s fair or right.

The issue driving this is with the A380 unlikely to return and no aircraft orders Qantas has 300 or so surplus pilots now. Even after the last redundancies

What Qantas should do is just pay CRS to these guys and girls. Instead it is slow baking people with endless stand downs. It also wants people to voluntarily leave and take jobs elsewhere which is what this whole palava is about.

That’s why they made it a condition of the deal originally for Alliance to get the E Jet work it was going to also have to agree to take surplus QF pilots and cabin crew. As per the CPs email.

You have consistently slagged off Qantas pilots as Skygods. I have to ask you - how many QF pilots do you actually know and how many of them have, in your presence, said and done embarrassing things.

I am betting the answer to both is nil.
You talk absolute BS. There was no such condition of the deal that if Alliance did not hire QF long haul pilots they would not get the contract. Stop making up nonsense, you must be one of these lovely LEFTY WOKE FOLK who live in Lala land!

I have never slagged of QF pilots and you are an idiot for saying so. I do know a few by the way and no, Im not giving you there names.
TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 07:01
  #323 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 107
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by goodonyamate View Post
I wonder if TFH will find them acceptable.
If their view on reality is anything like yours, then no!

I just heard Alan Joyce runs Alliance and has over all control of the day to day running of the company because you know, THEY ARE QANTAS!!! Also the QF skygods are first choice because he says so and Alliance pilots could do with the help. He also determines who flies what and that QF staff will re-train Alliance staff due to superior skill and ability..

LOL!!!
TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 10:45
  #324 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Eastside
Posts: 622
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone really believe that hiring QF pilots would have been any part of the negotiations and agreement with Alliance? Maybe an after thought.

Having said that, if QF is footing the bill for training, it could be a bit of a money making opportunity for Alliance doing their type ratings in their sim.
grrowler is online now  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 11:02
  #325 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 107
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by grrowler View Post
Does anyone really believe that hiring QF pilots would have been any part of the negotiations and agreement with Alliance? Maybe an after thought.

Having said that, if QF is footing the bill for training, it could be a bit of a money making opportunity for Alliance doing their type ratings in their sim.
No-one but a clown believes the hiring of a long haul QF pilot was a requirement of getting the contract with Qantas. An after thought is exactly right.

However the Alliance money saving opportunity would be hard to turn down especially when QF is footing the bill for the training and associated costs.
TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 11:17
  #326 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 328
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2 View Post
No-one but a clown believes the hiring of a long haul QF pilot was a requirement of getting the contract with Qantas. An after thought is exactly right.

However the Alliance money saving opportunity would be hard to turn down especially when QF is footing the bill for the training and associated costs.
I dont believe anyone said it was. Someone said ‘maybe’ as part of the discussion. But off you went on your anti QF rant anyway. You said QF pilots would be disappointed. You said QF pilots should cop it because they’re all loaded (ask the newly joined SO’s if they’re loaded). You said no QF pilot would get a job. Then you claimed a victory in some kind of imaginary war against all QF pilots.

So, what do you have to say about JQ? Are they the axis of evil as well?
goodonyamate is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 11:20
  #327 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Parliament
Posts: 37
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alliance is GA with jets at best, can’t imagine many established QF pilots moving to one of the two backwaters on offer to fly an Ejet. Your precious jobs are safe TFH.
JoeTripodi is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 14:28
  #328 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 107
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JoeTripodi View Post
Alliance is GA with jets at best, can’t imagine many established QF pilots moving to one of the two backwaters on offer to fly an Ejet. Your precious jobs are safe TFH.
Cant imagine why some people think of skygod mentality with comments like that..
TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 14:33
  #329 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 107
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by goodonyamate View Post
I dont believe anyone said it was. Someone said ‘maybe’ as part of the discussion. But off you went on your anti QF rant anyway. You said QF pilots would be disappointed. You said QF pilots should cop it because they’re all loaded (ask the newly joined SO’s if they’re loaded). You said no QF pilot would get a job. Then you claimed a victory in some kind of imaginary war against all QF pilots.

So, what do you have to say about JQ? Are they the axis of evil as well?
BWAHAHAHAHA...Grumpy much!! Now you are on about war and anti QF rants!!...axis of evil....Christ!!

Maybe aviation is not for you, seems to make your blood boil..

Just could not wait to see how long it would take for you to shit the bed!!

Lol

TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 14:58
  #330 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 637
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2 View Post
BWAHAHAHAHA...Grumpy much!! Now you are on about war and anti QF rants!!...axis of evil....Christ!!

Maybe aviation is not for you, seems to make your blood boil..

Just could not wait to see how long it would take for you to shit the bed!!

Lol
TF2, you are the new BNEA320!
Climb150 is online now  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 15:03
  #331 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 107
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Climb150 View Post
TF2, you are the new BNEA320!
No idea who that is...Dont care either!

Not my fault you lot from QF are all getting upset because you have been wrong on every point you made about this Alliance deal. Some of us are just pointing this out to you in a normal discussion. A few recent posters and you know who you are seem to be getting your knickers in a twist for no reason!
TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 16:47
  #332 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 637
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2 View Post
No idea who that is...Dont care either!

Not my fault you lot from QF are all getting upset because you have been wrong on every point you made about this Alliance deal. Some of us are just pointing this out to you in a normal discussion. A few recent posters and you know who you are seem to be getting your knickers in a twist for no reason!
Well if you did know who BNEA320 is you would know that I'm calling you a troll. Whilst I find your ranting humorous, it's getting tiresome. Please go annoy some other people.
Climb150 is online now  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 17:15
  #333 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 265
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am starting to imagine a 4 hour flight with TinFoilHat...

PF: “Gear Up”
TFH: “Can you believe those skygods think they are going to come here and fly the E-Jet? It’s amazing, they think they are the razor’s edge and they don’t want to even move to Darwin...”
PF: (reaches over and puts the gear up himself) “I don’t think any of them said tha-“
TFH: “They want to come here and then leave when it suits them! They’re not even type rated. They’re loaded and they want to take all the jobs and tell us how to do it...”
PF: “I don’t think any of them sai-“
TFH: “Alliance will employ who they want! I’m telling you... you don’t seem to understand!”
PF: “What if they want to employ some QF pilo-“
TFH: “I’ve got nothing against QF pilots, but if they think they can...”
[4 hours later]
TFH: “Alan Joyce does NOT run this company. We will employ who we want, when we want and-“
PF: “Gear Down”
TFH: “...and there is nothing they can do about it. I don’t know how many times I have to repeat this, business simply doesn’t work this way. Alliance is in charge of hiring, not Alan Joyce! These skygods can keep their noses out of our business. Listen -“
[TFH notices the aircraft is at the gate and the other pilot has vacated]
TFH: “Holy crap, are we here already?”
Cleaner: “Are you coming out sir?”
TFH: “Did you hear about Alliance hiring Qantas pilots? Listen, it’s crazy...”
Derfred is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 17:16
  #334 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 107
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Climb150 View Post
Well if you did know who BNEA320 is you would know that I'm calling you a troll. Whilst I find your ranting humorous, it's getting tiresome. Please go annoy some other people.
Sure we will all take your little feelings into account because you cant handle being called out on the Alliance deal knowing that you were wrong. You must be one these WOKE FOLK on the LEFT who just hate debate!!

Always one of you lurking around!!
TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 22:02
  #335 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The World
Posts: 1,937
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2 View Post
Sure we will all take your little feelings into account because you cant handle being called out on the Alliance deal knowing that you were wrong. You must be one these WOKE FOLK on the LEFT who just hate debate!!
Why bring politics into it?

Yes TFH2, you’re quite right that Alliance can employ whomever they want. It’s their right. But QF have asked Alliance to operate these Jets for them. As a condition of the deal they require at least some (not all) of their stood down pilots to be given those jobs. If Alliance said no, that they want 100% control over hiring, QF could just as easily say “righto, we’ll find another lease provider then who’ll meet our requirements.” Therefore Alliance misses out on that opportunity altogether which harms their pilots too.

That’s how business negotiations work. Qantas has arranged multiple leaves of absence for their pilots for several years at a time over the last decades for many reasons. These have been down with countless airlines both in Australia and Overseas. This isn’t a new or uncommon thing at all.
dr dre is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 22:09
  #336 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: HKG
Posts: 399
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeTripodi View Post
Alliance is GA with jets at best
For info this doesn’t reflect the thoughts of most grown ups in the industry. Seems like a polished outfit from those I know who work there.

Judging by your performance though Tin Foil it would be fair to say Alliance has the same ratio of d!ckheads as the “sky god” airline. Back to that 4 hour flight...
Green.Dot is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 22:51
  #337 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 908
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeTripodi View Post
Alliance is GA with jets at best, can’t imagine many established QF pilots moving to one of the two backwaters on offer to fly an Ejet. Your precious jobs are safe TFH.
Think this undertimates the desire from some just to get flying again ALMOST regardless of T&C's/location whatever.

Equally if some of what has been sprouted is true MAY place one in a better position if VR is required and any difference between those who offered/accepted and those who didn't. Dunno but maybe...??
Also those who think "covered by award and bullet proof" are being a bit innocent, may well be a starting point but due time/circumstances/necessity may not be the finishing point. "Unusual times" and all that.

Finally some may have family in far flung places to catch up with, doing a course/training keeps the mind ticking over and all a "sense of adventure" package.
Believe it or not airline flying doesn't have to beat the enjoyment out of going to work - even some QF drivers may still derived such enjoyment and have a go.

And beats the hell out of waiting for International (and Domestic the way things are going for that matter) to stagger towards the "new normal", as these pages prove up to each individual to decide how much of wishfull thinking or delusional fervour they view events with to justify their hopes/expectations.

galdian is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2021, 23:59
  #338 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 50
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this is boring now - can we move on, we'll see what happens when it starts!
c173 is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2021, 00:44
  #339 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: X
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Green.Dot View Post
For info this doesn’t reflect the thoughts of most grown ups in the industry. Seems like a polished outfit from those I know who work there.

Judging by your performance though Tin Foil it would be fair to say Alliance has the same ratio of d!ckheads as the “sky god” airline. Back to that 4 hour flight...
I don't think TinFoil even works for Alliance yet judging by his post here;

Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2 View Post
Whats the average amount of monthly hours (in normal times) that an Alliance F100 pilot is flying per month and are the E-Jet pilots expected to do roughly the same, less or more taking the Qantas agreement into account.
It seems he's an Alliance wannabe probably trying to scare off any opposition from QF pilots to improve his chances of getting the job.
XanaduX is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2021, 01:13
  #340 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Elsewhere
Posts: 548
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Or possibly one of the best wind-up artists this site has seen in quite a while. Imagine being able to repeatedly come up with stuff like
You must be one these WOKE FOLK on the LEFT who just hate debate!!
and still have people take you seriously. Well played, sir!
itsnotthatbloodyhard is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.