PDA

View Full Version : Jet2-5

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

pabely
7th Sep 2017, 15:00
For those who did not go. Philip Meeson, Executive Chairman, will make the following statement:

“The satisfactory start to the financial year as reported in our Preliminary Results Statement of 13 July 2017 has continued, with Leisure Travel bookings growing in line with our 41% summer 2017 seat capacity increase. Demand for our higher margin package holiday products remains strong and holiday customer numbers as a proportion of total departing customers have increased slightly. It is particularly encouraging to report that our new London Stansted and Birmingham Airport operating bases are already proving popular, with over 1.3m passengers booked to fly with Jet2.com this summer, of which close to 50% have chosen a package holiday with Jet2holidays.

Continued encouraging progress is being made at Fowler Welch, our Distribution & Logistics business, which is currently trading in line with expectations.

Despite our airline ticket yields being lower than those achieved in summer 2016, overall the Board expects the Group to meet current market expectations of underlying profit before taxation for the year ending 31 March 2018 and will provide a further trading update on publication of its interim results on 16 November 2017.”

Underlying profit before taxation is defined as profit before taxation stated before foreign exchange revaluation gains or losses

CabinCrewe
11th Sep 2017, 17:58
Was interested to see latest Jet2 TV advert has a section that says 'Proud to fly Boeing' with the Boeing logo.

LAX_LHR
11th Sep 2017, 18:03
Seems the A330 usage to New York has extended outwards from STN to Manchester and Newcastle, amongst others.

castleford tiger
12th Sep 2017, 07:26
AGM some discussion about expansion especially in S/E and Birmingham.
Extra 3 planes at STN next year.
Holiday division continues to show huge growth with the numbers going up 50% yoy but of course they are much higher.
Expect around 2.5 million up from 1.7 last year.
The added value in holidays gives extra profit which once the new bases are bedded in will continue to grow.
I expect a big hike in t/o this year by almost a billion.
This company is probably no 2 in the uk market now and I think will grow to be no1.
The New York stuff is just done as a bit of a gimmick for punters up north who cannot normally get the chance.
Are they still busy?
Well trying to get a seat Sunday or Friday next week to Faro on a 757 is not easy.

milhouse999
12th Sep 2017, 09:59
Seems the A330 usage to New York has extended outwards from STN to Manchester and Newcastle, amongst others.

Just tried a few combinations of booking NCL - New york, some seat plans show 757, some are 330

milhouse999
12th Sep 2017, 10:01
The New York stuff is just done as a bit of a gimmick for punters up north who cannot normally get the chance.
Are they still busy?
Tiger

Just looked at NCL - New York, seat plans show around 50% reserved already

Jerry123
12th Sep 2017, 11:52
Did they give any indication if they would add any new bases? If CWL or BRS or EXT are in their plans for any future expansion?

LiamNCL
12th Sep 2017, 15:25
The NCL-EWR xmas flights are very popular yes good to see the A330 on a few of the atlantic trips. Does anyone know where the new 737-8MG will be based over the winter ?

castleford tiger
12th Sep 2017, 17:38
Did they give any indication if they would add any new bases? If CWL or BRS or EXT are in their plans for any future expansion?

No plans as I think they have their hands full at STN ( especially).
We only started in April and the kind of growth from a brand that carried no value in the south is promising.
The return rate is very high plus 60% within a year so add that to new clients and boom.
The BOD were due into the airport at 5.00 am the following day to see if things were sweet.
There can be little growth at Leeds now its almost full and the Faro flight boards in Cookridge !!
Its a shame that LBA spoil the good work with their shabby approach.
1 hour to get through passports and the same for bags is not good.
I feel the VC lot are bleeding it dry.

GayFriendly
12th Sep 2017, 18:58
Just out of interest what specific indications were given about future expansion at BHX? In terms of pax numbers they seem to be performing very well, although this alone of course is not any indication of profitability.

AMS is surely a route under consideration from BHX?

Mooncrest
12th Sep 2017, 19:22
Tiger, can you please clarify the following. When you refer to LBA, do you mean Leeds Bradford Airport Limited or the Jet2 base at this airport ? Also, who or what is the VC lot ?

Ta.

inOban
12th Sep 2017, 19:54
I assumed that VC meant venture capital. Am I right?

Jerry123
12th Sep 2017, 20:32
Thanks for the info.

David Sharpe
13th Sep 2017, 16:32
I have just had a first look at the current programme for the Summer 2018 peak (based on August 2018) and it looks like the airline will break the 1000 departures per week barrier for the first time, there are currently 1035 departures per week planned (+113 on the Summer 2017 peak)

As expected, the biggest increases are at the new bases of Birmingham (+37 departures per week) and London Stansted (+44 departures per week) with Belfast also showing a good increase (up from 41 to 53 x weekly departures)

There are presently 295 Airport pairs planned, with 40 new route pairs planned for Summer 2018, and 3 cancelled routes (East Midlands to Naples, Leeds Bradford to Dusseldorf and Manchester to Toulouse)

As always, there is still time for changes to be made, but it certainly looks like it will be a busy Summer for the airline again in 2018.

castleford tiger
13th Sep 2017, 16:52
Just out of interest what specific indications were given about future expansion at BHX? In terms of pax numbers they seem to be performing very well, although this alone of course is not any indication of profitability.

AMS is surely a route under consideration from BHX?

Not discussed other than preforming well

castleford tiger
13th Sep 2017, 16:55
Tiger, can you please clarify the following. When you refer to LBA, do you mean Leeds Bradford Airport Limited or the Jet2 base at this airport ? Also, who or what is the VC lot ?

Ta.

Leeds Bradford Airport is LBA yes

The Venture Capitalists Bridgepoint capital bought the Airport and in my opinion not enough is re invested.
Its a Cash Cow.

Faolpfr
16th Sep 2017, 20:08
I have just had a first look at the current programme for the Summer 2018 peak (based on August 2018) and it looks like the airline will break the 1000 departures per week barrier for the first time, there are currently 1035 departures per week planned (+113 on the Summer 2017 peak)

As expected, the biggest increases are at the new bases of Birmingham (+37 departures per week) and London Stansted (+44 departures per week) with Belfast also showing a good increase (up from 41 to 53 x weekly departures)

There are presently 295 Airport pairs planned, with 40 new route pairs planned for Summer 2018, and 3 cancelled routes (East Midlands to Naples, Leeds Bradford to Dusseldorf and Manchester to Toulouse)

As always, there is still time for changes to be made, but it certainly looks like it will be a busy Summer for the airline again in 2018.

there will be an increase for Faro in 2018?

David Sharpe
18th Sep 2017, 15:57
Faro is currently showing 76 x weekly departures (an increase of 1 x weekly) for the Summer 2018 timetable, based on August 2018.

GLAinsider
18th Sep 2017, 16:04
The NCL-EWR xmas flights are very popular yes good to see the A330 on a few of the atlantic trips. Does anyone know where the new 737-8MG will be based over the winter ?BFS are getting a B738 next month but I don't think we know which one yet.

arctic monkey
19th Sep 2017, 14:04
Jet2 are now recruiting for a Palma base. That's an interesting development. I wonder will they keep the Alicante base?

Johnny F@rt Pants
19th Sep 2017, 14:15
Yes, ALC will remain as both an operational and standby base, PMI will be fully operational. Jet2 have had a PMI base this summer however it has been operated using a leased Aer Europa B738 with mixed Aer Europa and Jet2 decals and Jet2 cabin crew.

GrahamK
19th Sep 2017, 14:16
The LS522 has been caught up in the aftermath of Tuifly incident in FUE. Due back into NCL at 2am this morning, now due to arrive 930pm tonight. No accomadation for pax overnight so reports of pax sleeping on the floors ag the airport, very little info provided. If you believe social media anyhow

arctic monkey
19th Sep 2017, 15:46
Thanks for the info Johnny. That's an interesting development.

DjerbaDevil
20th Sep 2017, 01:13
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/287667/jet2com-named-uks-most-punctual-airline-in-august-by-oag

Jet2.com has been ranked as the UK’s most punctual airline in August.

The latest rankings by travel intelligence company OAG mean that the leisure carrier has topped the ranking for on time performance over three consecutive peak summer months.

Latest statistics published for August show Jet2.com as achieving 89.9% punctuality, more than 3% better than Thomson Airways, which was ranked as the next best UK airline for on-time flights.

Jet2.com’s on time performance compared with 84% reported for Flybe, 81.3% for Ryanair, 80.6% for Monarch, 78.6% for Virgin Atlantic, 77.4% for Thomas Cook Airlines, 77.3% for Bmi Regional, 77% for British Airways and 68.3% for easyJet.

Jet2.com was ranked 31st out of all airlines in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region for punctuality.

“Our teams work incredibly hard to give customers the perfect start to a lovely holiday and this data shows that this hard work is really paying off,” the airline said.

“OAG is one of the industry’s most recognised and respected providers of rankings of on time pereformance for all airlines and airports.

“Its annual punctuality league is regarded as the industry’s benchmark for measuring on-time performance for airlines and airports.”

Plane.Silly
6th Oct 2017, 12:04
HI All, long time lurker, first time poster.

The latest ATOL figures show Jet2Holidays are now the 2nd biggest tour operator, Given Jet2Hols didn’t exist 10 years, this is quite remarkable. (Monarch were previously 6th)

Rank Licence Holder ATOLNumber Passengers Licensed
1 TUI UK Ltd 2524 5386845
2 Jet2holidays Ltd 9618 2936420
3 Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd 1179 2389227
4 Expedia, Inc 5788 1416227
5 On The Beach Ltd 10017 1205480
6 British Airways Holidays Ltd 5985 786000
7 We Love Holidays Limited 10989 631066
8 Travel Republic Ltd 10581 610269
9 BravoNext SA 11082 384737
10 Virgin Holidays Ltd 2358 369488

With the loss of Monarch, it would make sense for Jet2 to continue with their expansion, as we've seen in the past few days they've added over 100k seats in BHX/MAN with a few extras in LBA/STN too

garry8g
6th Oct 2017, 15:08
Just read on another airline's forum, that Jet2 are apparently going to be leasing two A330's from AirTanker next year!

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? And will they both be based at Manchester?

Flying Wild
6th Oct 2017, 19:35
Two extra aircraft into Birmingham next summer:

https://www.birminghamairport.co.uk/media-information/news/2017/10/jet2com-and-jet2holidays-adds-250-000-summer-seats-from-birmingham-airport

garry8g
6th Oct 2017, 23:07
With all this additional capacity being added, and additional aircraft expansion at certain bases, are we likely to see quite a few 2nd hand B737-800's being added to the fleet this year?

I know that there are 14 new aircraft due by April 18, but I thought they had been accounted for in fleet replacement and the original planned expansion for 2018.

brian_dromey
7th Oct 2017, 03:48
It may also be that some 733s which might have been retired will be kept longer than initially planned. Are any of the 757s due to be withdrawn yet, extensions for those aircraft may also be possible?

BAladdy
7th Oct 2017, 14:23
Just read on another airline's forum, that Jet2 are apparently going to be leasing two A330's from AirTanker next year!

Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? And will they both be based at Manchester?
Rumours are the Titan are planning to add two ex Air Berlin A330’s. Titan have operated A320 and 757’s for LS over the past few summers. I wonder if the rumours are true about LS Leasing 2 A330’s next year, if the aircraft could be coming from Titan and not Air Tanker

Flying Wild
7th Oct 2017, 14:48
There were a load of 737Max due for delivery from next year... Who knows what deals are being done!
Air Berlin also operated 737-800, so that could be a source.

olster
8th Oct 2017, 20:29
Is it possible that Jet2 might inherit the Monarch 737 max order?

chaps1954
8th Oct 2017, 21:17
Interesting thought, when was the first due to be delivered, as the production line
moves so fast may well never be built but parts may well be moved on to future builds
so I guess you would need to ask Boeing.

GLAinsider
8th Oct 2017, 22:18
If there is a lack of capacity in the fleet a step in the right direction would be to drop the disastrous programme into Madeira (FNC). I would be surprised if there is any net profit there once the costs of all the diverts is taken into consideration.

canberra97
8th Oct 2017, 22:27
Just out of curiosity how many diverts have there been at Funchal in the last 6 months?

Plane.Silly
10th Oct 2017, 09:49
Just out of curiosity how many diverts have there been at Funchal in the last 6 months?

I remember hearing of at least 3: 24th July, 7th Aug and 2nd October
Knowing how temperamental the weather at FNC can be, it's probably more

daz211
10th Oct 2017, 12:50
I remember hearing of at least 3: 24th July, 7th Aug and 2nd October
Knowing how temperamental the weather at FNC can be, it's probably more

Drop FNC swap it for GIB.

canberra97
10th Oct 2017, 13:20
Why drop FNC and replace it with GIB as they are two different markets, even though there have been a few diversions at FNC I don't see any reason why to stop flying there as Jet2 can always add GIB in addition to keeping FNC.

Madeira is a popular island for the British and having been there myself on numerous occasions I wouldn't like to see it being dropped just because of a few diversions.

daz211
10th Oct 2017, 13:32
They are not simple diversions diverting to ACE TFS for example is very costly with no option to coach pax I was diverted to ACE along with four other aircraft spent two hours on the ground then tried again two attempts to land at FNC then diverted to LIS crew out of hours hoteled over night then finally landed at FNC a day later ... very expensive

canberra97
10th Oct 2017, 13:46
I'm very aware of the logistical nightmare any diversion from FNC can create but in the long term I don't see any reason why it should be dropped regardless of a few diversions.

EK77WNCL
10th Oct 2017, 13:56
Well in that case I reckon Jet2 should drop all their canaries flights, we saw how much hassle it caused back in '77 when Las Palmas got closed and all those aircraft were diverted

Plus Jet2 fly to the canaries much more regularly, with larger aircraft, which must hugely increase the chances of large amounts of disruption in the event of bad weather

Come on... Really? If it was that bad, why would anyone fly into Funchal at all? Or any other challenging airports for that matter

daz211
10th Oct 2017, 14:37
Your been a bit silly with your comment regarding the canaries totally different when it comes to wex diversions the main one is ACE with easy diversions to FUE nothing like loosing approx 6 rotations and hoteling 180 pax also the Canary Islands bring a lot more money to an airline than FNC

LGS6753
10th Oct 2017, 17:57
Nearest diversion to FNC is Porto Santo, an ex-NATO airfield with 3000m runway, decent facilities and hotels on the island. It's about 50 miles NE of FNC.

daz211
10th Oct 2017, 18:05
Jet2 fly to Funchal because they make money by doing so, unlike other airlines they also do everything they can to get the customers on holiday and will keep trying until they do.

Well if there is a prize for stating the obvious you win

My point is ... there are other route options available with a lot less costly wex diversions of course jet2 make money by flying there that was not the debate the argument against FNC operationally is your diversions options are far away with no option for ground transportation taking an aircraft out of operation for many sectors over a number of days in my own experience.

daz211
10th Oct 2017, 18:10
Nearest diversion to FNC is Porto Santo, an ex-NATO airfield with 3000m runway, decent facilities and hotels on the island. It's about 50 miles NE of FNC.

Agree not the most suitable though most wex diversions would prefer to divert to an airport you operate from hence why jet2 normally divert to the Canary Islands or Portugal.

Chesty Morgan
10th Oct 2017, 19:15
Porto Santo would be used for a quick 'splash and dash' rather than a night stop. The benefit of Porto Santo is that it's close. Compared to Faro you'll get another hour and a half of holding fuel. So if the weather is marginal at Funchal you're better off holding for as long as possible, ping into PXO, have another go at FNC then clear of to the Canaries. But, it's only got 7 stands available and it fills up quickly so that isn't always possible.

garry8g
11th Oct 2017, 15:39
First picture of G-JZBA

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8723462

paully
13th Oct 2017, 08:40
Tuesday when the lazy French decided to have another day doing anything but work, even their own President calls them slackers. We were stuck at FUE for 3 hours sat on the plane waiting for a slot back to Stansted.Fair did Jet2 were excellent at looking after all of us. But other Jet2 flights did a lot better.One was the 757 back to Leeds which went back on a tango route, via Ireland etc.

Question ,is that ,because the 75 drivers are qualified on oceanic whilst the 738 are not? ..our route back was Bay of Biscay,across the Brest Peninsula, channel etc..

paully
13th Oct 2017, 08:42
[QUOTE=paully;9923531]Tuesday when the lazy French decided to have another day doing anything but work, even their own President calls them slackers. We were stuck at FUE for 3 hours sat on the plane waiting for a slot back to Stansted.Fair do Jet2 were excellent at looking after all of us. But other Jet2 flights did a lot better.One was the 757 back to Leeds which went back on a tango route, via Ireland etc with minimum delay.

Question .......is that ,because the 75 drivers are qualified on oceanic whilst the 738 are not? ..our route back was Bay of Biscay,across the Brest Peninsula, channel etc ??

Flying Wild
13th Oct 2017, 08:56
None of the routings from the Canaries via the Tango routes (T16, T216 and T9) require any special training. Some additional equipment is required though. T16 requires aircraft to have two HF radios and two independent means of navigation. The aircraft based at Stansted meet these requirements. What you have to bare in mind is that these routes are procedurally controlled which means greater separation between aircraft. Add in all the airlines filing via the Tango routes to avoid French airspace and capacity quickly disappears. In this instance you were probably unfortunate. Jet2 will always try to get passengers on board and submit a "ready" message to try and bring ATC slots forward.

Plane.Silly
13th Oct 2017, 09:23
At least Jet2 actually try to get all their flights off when they can, compared to other airlines who seem happy to chop a few out, thouh i do suspect a few of those, would be due to capacity on route.

I do get why Jet2 have their planes full early to take advantage of earlier Slots when possible, but this can backfire if it isn't possible. A friend was coming back from PMI and was on the plane for 2 hours before they were allowed to takeoff. Not the most comfortable place to be couped up, but it could have be worse.

116d
13th Oct 2017, 11:24
In my view, that's preferable to missing your slot for x hours because boarding was delayed until it became close to the slot becoming available but then it took longer than anticipated to board ll passengers due to someone missing the call whilst in the bar/shops and then the rigmarole of offloading bags if they checked in hold luggage and incurring additional costs as a result.

Johnny F@rt Pants
13th Oct 2017, 13:21
A friend was coming back from PMI and was on the plane for 2 hours before they were allowed to takeoff. Not the most comfortable place to be couped up, but it could have be worse.

Slots change regularly, so if you aren't ready to push and start then you are goosed. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

paully
13th Oct 2017, 14:22
Thanks for the info..please don't get me wrong I think the Jet2 crew did a fantastic job, and I fully understand the reasoning behind having us on board. The Captain was Chris Fleming who invited the kids to look in the flight deck, explained everything that was going on..Attended personally to some nervous types and let everyone use their mobiles etc until the appropriate time..

Free refreshments and water dished out etc and we were simply looked after well..Many pax hadn't been with them before(new route and that) but will certainly be going with them again...Mind you, you wouldn't have wanted to be French on that flight

Flying Wild
16th Oct 2017, 19:35
First of the next batch, G-JZBA, scheduled for delivery from Seattle into Leeds tomorrow morning.

Plane.Silly
18th Oct 2017, 06:47
Jet2 have been given a 5 star rating for their on time performance, making them the most punctual in the UK, according to OAG

https://www.oag.com/on-time-performance-star-ratings

TSR2
18th Oct 2017, 08:21
Well done Jet2.

garry8g
24th Oct 2017, 18:00
I see that Jet2 has a leased A320 from SmartLynx based at Birmingham (YL-LCP) since 12th October. Extra capacity to cover the Monarch demise?

I assume short term until a few more of the new B737-800's arrive.

crewmeal
25th Oct 2017, 05:58
Why are the press making such an issue on what is presumably a positioning flight outbound at this time of the year. There are loads of flights that go out empty to pick up returning passengers at the end of the season.

Jet2 passenger who paid £46 for a flight from Glasgow to Crete gets whole plane to herself | The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/jet2-flight-glasgow-crete-plane-herself-karon-grieve-cabin-crew-glasgow-a8017461.html)

chaps1954
25th Oct 2017, 07:24
Remember that happening to me many many years ago with Dan Air to Athens on a B727 2 of us at front and 2 at back for balancing and they had over catered so were given 3 meals each, happy days

The96er
25th Oct 2017, 11:32
Monarch went bust - Get over it! The CAA did what they had to do at considerable expense too.

Donkeygone
25th Oct 2017, 18:32
[QUOTE=crewmeal;9935829]Why are the press making such an issue on what is presumably a positioning flight outbound at this time of the year. There are loads of flights that go out empty to pick up returning passengers at the end of the season.

Because it's a fun story? Jeez. Lighten up dude

garry8g
26th Oct 2017, 13:52
Flightradar shows CELI scheduled for a flight from Leeds to Kemble today (ESX031E)!

garry8g
26th Oct 2017, 13:53
Are we likely to see more second hand B737-800's joining the fleet this winter? To cover some extra fleet expansion in the light of the Monarch demise.

Or is it more likely that they will try and source further A330 leases for the summer?
I believe that there will be second one from AirTanker (G-VYGM) next summer, along with the return of G-VYGL.
Also, as Titan are reported to be acquiring 2 ex AirBerlin A330's, are we likely to see one or possibly both of these leased over summer 18? This would certainly increase capacity at Manchester & possibly Stansted?

BFS BHD
26th Oct 2017, 17:18
Flightradar shows CELI scheduled for a flight from Leeds to Kemble today (ESX031E)!

Any idea where G-GDFE is hasn't flown for a while.

chaps1954
26th Oct 2017, 17:27
Ferried to Dublin 2nd October so probably maintenance

BFS BHD
26th Oct 2017, 17:32
Thanks for the information! :)

milhouse999
29th Oct 2017, 15:43

Just noticed this also - going their to be scrapped? It hasn't flown since its 2 successive emergency landings in August

chaps1954
29th Oct 2017, 16:29
Yes ferried to Kemble Friday morning

garry8g
30th Oct 2017, 19:07
I see Primera's B737-800 (OY-PSA) has returned home this afternoon following it's summer lease with Jet2.

And it looks like Titan's A321-211 (G-POWN) is due back to Stansted this evening, after it's return flight from Malta to Manchester.

Plane.Silly
31st Oct 2017, 07:47
Are we likely to see more second hand B737-800's joining the fleet this winter? To cover some extra fleet expansion in the light of the Monarch demise.

It's possible. Jet2 do have a further 14 738NG's coming over the winter, of which at least 1 (G-JZBA) already been delivered and 2nd due soon. No doubt these will already have been allocated, but given the extraordinary circumstance of ZB's demise, a couple extra wouldn't harm, or they may even keep some 733's for another year.

LiamNCL
31st Oct 2017, 08:32
With the Summer season over are we likely to see the 8MG aircraft spread between bases to that pretty much all 738 departures are on new aircraft over the winter?

HH6702
31st Oct 2017, 09:49
Depends on the loads.
I would expect the 300's still be used

irishlad06
31st Oct 2017, 13:53
I see Primera's B737-800 (OY-PSA) has returned home this afternoon following it's summer lease with Jet2.

And it looks like Titan's A321-211 (G-POWN) is due back to Stansted this evening, after it's return flight from Malta to Manchester.

GL is also positioning from MAN to PIK for end of lease before coming back to operate two EWR flights from MAN and 2 from NCL - (STN now on a B757)

irishlad06
31st Oct 2017, 13:59
It's possible. Jet2 do have a further 14 738NG's coming over the winter, of which at least 1 (G-JZBA) already been delivered and 2nd due soon. No doubt these will already have been allocated, but given the extraordinary circumstance of ZB's demise, a couple extra wouldn't harm, or they may even keep some 733's for another year.

GJZBB has already been delivered and will go into service this Thursday.

The 300's will still be used from all bases except GLA MAN STN and BHX.

Expect a few more 800's (2nd hand) to be delivered as with previous years. (Even for this summer 2 second hand aircraft were bought GDRTA and B )

Expect to see the A321 possibly back next summer along with possibly an extra one or two A330's.
If rumours are true GL from air tanker.

garry8g
31st Oct 2017, 14:51
GJZBB has already been delivered and will go into service this Thursday.

GJZBB entered service yesterday afternoon on LS265 from Leeds to Malaga.

garry8g
31st Oct 2017, 14:56
Expect to see the A321 possibly back next summer along with possibly an extra one or two A330's.
If rumours are true GL from air tanker.

I read on another forum that G-VYGM which is currently with Thomas Cook, is expected to join G-VYGL at Jet2 next summer.

And there are also the rumoured 2 ex AirBerlin A330's due to Titan, which are a possibility for Jet2, as they have a good working relationship with Titan.

Plane.Silly
31st Oct 2017, 16:12
At the rate of expansion Jet2 are currently going through, a total of 4x A330's wouldn't be completely off the table. would they all be based at MAN though? or will they spread them to other bigger bases.
On that note, could LBA take an A332?

daz211
31st Oct 2017, 16:47
I wouldn’t be surprised if one is based at STN in addition to Titan 757 I know for a face that jet2 are more than surprised with demand at STN helped by the Ryanair issues and the demise of Monarch at LTN and plan to double its based aircraft by summer 2019 :ok:

Plane.Silly
1st Nov 2017, 07:49
It's been noted in the BFS thread that some dates upto Apr 2019 are now on sale. Worth watching in the next few days for any surprises?

Skipness One Echo
1st Nov 2017, 08:16
LBA used to handle TriStars, so an A330 should be possible. Desirable given the size of the terminal is another question.

canberra97
1st Nov 2017, 08:21
Tristars and LBA like the British Airtours L1011 that spectacularly overran the runway.

But could a fully laden 330 use the runway at LBA economically?

FQTLSteve
1st Nov 2017, 08:41
canberra97 Might be a problem at LBA but not remotely one at BHX, so they could base one there.

canberra97
1st Nov 2017, 08:45
Sure they could base one at BHX as it has a far longer runway compared to LBA.

LBIA
1st Nov 2017, 09:12
Airbus A330's have operated into LBA in the past.
I'm sure Jet2 could easily fill them on the LBA routes to PMI, ALC, AGP, FAO & TFS during the summer.
Problem now is the wouldn't be enough room for one to be parked overnight. Basing an A330 elsewhere operating W-legs into LBA might work though..

Previous A330's operators into LBA.
Aer Lingus = DUB
Monarch = PAD (Troop flights)
Balkan Holidays = BOJ
Air Luxor = FAO
Thomas Cook = BGI (P&O Cruises)

paully
1st Nov 2017, 12:25
Cant see Jet2 putting an A330 into Leeds, W leg or otherwise. Its Terminal building is somewhat rabbit hutch to say the least. I travel through it twice a year but its not pleasant at busy times. Now they are bussing pax, from every stand to arrivals, to avoid overloading both passport control and the baggage reclaim areas.

Not what you want when trying to turn a widebody round asap..Think they`ll have to settle for the coal burners:ooh:

dbromle
1st Nov 2017, 13:59

And it smelt lovely inside. Just like a new car.

DavidShepherd
1st Nov 2017, 14:08
Cant see Jet2 putting an A330 into Leeds, W leg or otherwise. Its Terminal building is somewhat rabbit hutch to say the least. I travel through it twice a year but its not pleasant at busy times. Now they are bussing pax, from every stand to arrivals, to avoid overloading both passport control and the baggage reclaim areas.

Not what you want when trying to turn a widebody round asap..Think they`ll have to settle for the coal burners:ooh:

Tell me about it. 35mins waiting for a bus before getting off the plane the other day. Then a full hour getting through passports and baggage.

Bloody awful airport. Never again.

rpmac
1st Nov 2017, 14:34
Good to see the airport so busy, bodes well for the future and further expansion of the terminal which I believe is being considered by the new owners. Look forward to my next flight from the airport.

chinapattern
1st Nov 2017, 15:10
You'd think BHX would be a dead cert for an A330 given the Monarch shaped void!

paully
1st Nov 2017, 15:23
Tell me about it. 35mins waiting for a bus before getting off the plane the other day. Then a full hour getting through passports and baggage.

Bloody awful airport. Never again.

Sadly have heard many similar stories to yours in the recent past..Waiting so long just to get off the plane is shameful..Hope you complained.

Plane.Silly
1st Nov 2017, 15:30
You'd think BHX would be a dead cert for an A330 given the Monarch shaped void!

It should be, but i think Jet2 have that covered, going from 4 to 8 738's. 2019 maybe?

EK77WNCL
1st Nov 2017, 15:35
Flying through LBA on the 23rd to Riga... Hoping it's well into the winter lull by then

It was a shed the first time I flew through, a glorified shed with a shiny duty free shop the second and I'm hoping it's not going to be an overcrowded shed this time.

Back to Jet2, are TCX really getting rid of an A330 based on their expansion? I'd have thought they'd be taking all the A330's they can get right now! In the event that they are, though, I really don't think 2 Air Tanker A330's out of MAN and an ex Air Berlin A330 out of BHX and STN each would be at all out of the question.

If they ever expand the fleet further or buy their own (might get a good deal on a handful of second hand ones, or even end of the line ceo's fresh from Toulouse) then I think 2/3 each at MAN/BHX/STN and 1 at NCL/LBA and W legs into the other bases could be a very realistic proposition

Jet2 must be clapping their hands at BHX/STN, possibly one of the strongest business moves I've ever seen in UK aviation. The strength of their 3 biggest bases (MAN/BHX/STN) could make them realise their long haul ambitions

Skipness One Echo
1st Nov 2017, 15:38
But could a fully laden 330 use the runway at LBA economically?
It would never be fully laden on a LS routing to the Costas, they don't carry commercial freight (?) or anywhere near a full fuel load.

EK77WNCL
1st Nov 2017, 15:43
If they can get the first off the line 737 800's out of LBA on a 5 hour sector on a summers day... You bet they can get a new A330 200 out. I don't even think a -300 would break a sweat.

Whether there would be issues in getting an A332 to Orlando or Cancun... I don't know to be honest. MON managed for years with older gen A332's out of NCL which is only a couple of hundred feet longer, yet significantly flatter

Plane.Silly
1st Nov 2017, 16:00
Bearing in mind Jet2 do all their own handling too, it's not unfeasable to think they could do it

Getaway Turtle
1st Nov 2017, 16:49
G-JZBC & G-JZBD will both be Jet2 Holidays livery for anyone that's interested.

Getaway Turtle
1st Nov 2017, 16:54

Hi Garry, do you know what name this one is wearing please? I've not seen any pics of it with it on yet (they leave BFI nameless).:)

pabely
1st Nov 2017, 17:10
Jethros have this as "Jet2 Geneva"

GLAinsider
1st Nov 2017, 20:40
Hugely disappointing that the first B738 at BFS is G-JZHH which is not one of the brand new aircraft but is 17 years old.

Valued passengers at BFS have put up with ancient B733s forever (now customers in EMA are enjoying the delights of G-GDFB) and Jet2 do not even give them the courtesy of entering the B737-800 age with a brand new aircraft.

Meanwhile the rude, bad mannered, obnoxious but rich customers in STN enjoy the delights of the new fleet. Money certainly talks. Disgraceful.

pamann
1st Nov 2017, 21:30
I have read some crap on here through the years, but this! ��

rpmac
1st Nov 2017, 21:57
Agreed, comes over as rude, bad mannered, obnoxious........

daz211
1st Nov 2017, 22:10
The only disgraceful thing is your attitude and lack of respect
Not only is your comment about STN customers misplaced it is also very immature.
From a business point of view it makes good business sense to place new shiny and reliable aircraft at a new base surly you can understand the reason for this.

1st Nov 2017, 23:06
:eek: I assume that on a day they get out the right side of bed they'll want to take that one back!

AirportPlanner1
2nd Nov 2017, 07:34
Meanwhile the rude, bad mannered, obnoxious but rich customers in STN enjoy the delights of the new fleet. Money certainly talks. Disgraceful.

I'd much rather fly with one of them than a drunk and violent Irishman that causes the flight to be diverted. Because every single person from Belfast is like that, aren't they....

Callum Paterson
2nd Nov 2017, 07:59
Oh for goodness sake!

The poor Scotch,always whining about how bad they have because of the big bad English people.

Perhaps you should be greatful that Jet2 base 12 aircraft in Central Scotland, supporting hundreds of jobs and providing provide the economic growth that international connectivity brings?

IB4138
2nd Nov 2017, 08:10
The poor Scotch,always whining about how bad they have because of the big bad English people.

I always thought Scotch was poured from a bottle and drunk. Too much consumed and you are not fit to fly.

compton3bravo
2nd Nov 2017, 08:20
I say chaps can we have a meaningfull discussion about airports, airlines, routes etc please.

ATNotts
2nd Nov 2017, 08:54
Hugely disappointing that the first B738 at BFS is G-JZHH which is not one of the brand new aircraft but is 17 years old.

So what, it's 17 years old. If it's properly maintained and the interior kept in good order so that Mr or Mrs Average can't tell how new or old it is what's the issue?

Plane.Silly
2nd Nov 2017, 09:34
Might just be that BFS is an established base, whereas BHX/STN are new, so it would make sense to throw the shiny new planes here for the first 2/3 years, to get it established. Then once these are built up, can they look at replacing with newer A/c.

I can't see the 733's lasting too much longer, and will eventually be replaced by 738's. maybe that's your opportunity

chaps1954
2nd Nov 2017, 09:58
There are a lot of 738 due over next few months and aircraft are rotated as of need
i:e maintenance and scheduling so things will change.

Refuellerman
2nd Nov 2017, 18:08
I'd much rather fly with one of them than a drunk and violent Irishman that causes the flight to be diverted. Because every single person from Belfast is like that, aren't they....
Youre on the button today sir, not only do irish men and women fly from belfast, british people also fly from belfast, i assume geography isnt a strong point:=

Bam Thwok
3rd Nov 2017, 08:55
Youre on the button today sir, not only do irish men and women fly from belfast, british people also fly from belfast, i assume geography isnt a strong point:=

Strictly tongue in cheek Sir, but your username is very apt in this case.......pouring fuel onto the “Irish/British” debate in that area.
Do I hear the Fifes and Drums in the background ?

GLAinsider......what a rediculous and ill informed post.
I’m sure our wonderful clientele will appreciate the permanent introduction of the 800 into Belfast....however old the a/c.
I’m sure others too will be on the way in the future.

As a pax, the only interior visible differences of being in a “new” airframe is that you might be aware of are the bigger overhead bins and that awful red “tarts boudoir” interior mood lighting.

Flying Wild
3rd Nov 2017, 15:05
As a pax, the only interior visible differences of being in a “new” airframe is that you might be aware of are the bigger overhead bins and that awful red “tarts boudoir” interior mood lighting.

Easy now... that's been chosen after careful consideration by a highly trained team of 20something year old marketing "experts". I'm sure due dilligence in the form of psychological analysis was applied to the lighting colour choice and it wasn't just a matter of "The company logo colour is red, so lets make the lighting red".

Don't get me started on the sanctimonious new PA announcements. Whoever came up with those must have a very low opinion of the passengers carried by Jet2.

Ivan aromer
3rd Nov 2017, 16:38
Easy now... that's been chosen after careful consideration by a highly trained team of 20something year old marketing "experts". I'm sure due dilligence in the form of psychological analysis was applied to the lighting colour choice and it wasn't just a matter of "The company logo colour is red, so lets make the lighting red".

Don't get me started on the sanctimonious new PA announcements. Whoever came up with those must have a very low opinion of the passengers carried by Jet2.

Yep those must be the same expertsthat came up with " Take me there" and pain points, ugh.
Why do announcements (not just Jet2 it has to be said) use the phrase "at this time" whats wrong with now?
TGIF time for a glass of something alcoholic

DC3 Dave
3rd Nov 2017, 16:49
May I suggest red?

Callum Paterson
3rd Nov 2017, 18:17
Having not flown with Jet2 since April, can someone elaborate on the new PA announcements?

I must say I'm not a fan of the "old" PA announcements. Always feels like you're being given into trouble and being read the riot act before departure. 99.9999% of passengers don't need a lesson in how to conduct themselves in public.

Refuellerman
3rd Nov 2017, 18:26
Im afraid the 00.00001% is why they do it, anybody who has experienced an air rage/alcohol in the air or stag parties will know what i mean, as for jet2 and their policies for no alcohol before 0800, good job ,but stop pushing the sale of it on the tannoy before 0800!

paully
3rd Nov 2017, 18:44
I flew with them last month and can`t say I noticed anything different about the PA`s, or maybe I wasn`t listening. Mind you I ticked a lot of the boxes on here of late:
1..I went from Stansted,instead of Leeds, with all those awful posh people
2..I went on a brand new 738 both ways
3..The colour inside was that tarty red boudoir job

Just to make matters worse I loved the large overhead bins and thought the sculpture design of the ceiling, rather nice :D

I`ll er get me coat...........:}

Musket90
3rd Nov 2017, 19:27
Stansted Essex, posh people ! It may be the South East but some may question your assessment, however awful may apply to some like any other county ! Jet2 has identified a market and like Yorkshire or any other area they operate from they are providing a choice and I think their branding is becoming more well known in the south now that they expanded their operation.

paully
3rd Nov 2017, 19:39
Musket..

Dont jump to conclusions, read comments back on the previous page and all will become clear.....:=

southside bobby
3rd Nov 2017, 20:14
Yes STN is obviously in Essex (but only just) & is a very large county but to reiterate EXS are marketing well beyond & to a huge potential market,it is currently their only Southern base.
It appears as well as identifying a market they are currently reshaping it to some extent in the South.

Flying Wild
3rd Nov 2017, 20:30
I flew with them last month and can`t say I noticed anything different about the PA`s, or maybe I wasn`t listening.

Lucky you. They changed in the last week or so.

paully
3rd Nov 2017, 20:45
What do they do differently now?..not going with them again until May

Johnny F@rt Pants
4th Nov 2017, 14:53
What do they do differently now?

Talk to you like you're a class of 6 year olds.

daz211
5th Nov 2017, 15:23
Jet2.com has filed planned Airbus A321 operational network for 2018, mainly based at London Stansted. Planned 212-seater A321 operation from February 2018
I’m assuming it’s Titan Airways.

southside bobby
5th Nov 2017, 17:09
Yes first A321 service appears to be 9.2.18 initially & then over 3 routes..Grenoble, Lanzarote & Tenerife South.
Expands from 25.3.18 on selected days over 14 routes.
Uptick of 23 seats per flight over the B738.Perhaps goes a little way to EXS`s stated 60% capacity increase for Summer`18 at STN.
Will be good to see the AWC (assuming) A321 working out of STN next year for the first time rather than being based away at MAN as this year.
EXS used an AWC B757 from STN this Summer I wonder if this is to continue in 2018 & if a rumoured AWC A330 will make an appearance for them?.
I note EXS have now officially stated they are taking ramp handling in house @ STN & are advertising for 160 staff for the operation.

southside bobby
5th Nov 2017, 17:37
In addition to 160 ramp staff, EXS advertising for 50 pax service agents for the terminal at STN.
Regarding the A321 ops over Grenoble,Lanzarote & Tenerife South could it be reflecting some extra bookings too with the demise of MON.

Plane.Silly
8th Nov 2017, 10:30
With the high court ruling that Monarch can't sell the slots, this is probably mixed news for Jet2.

Good?: Everyone talks about the Gatwick slots, which of course, Jet2 don't fly from....yet.
With the slots now in the pool, and on seemingly decent leisure route times, could this be the nudge Jet2 needs to move south of the M25?

Bad: Lots of slots at MAN/BHX they would presumably be happy to bid on. Now they can't get their hands on them, restricting their growth for a bit longer.

chaps1954
8th Nov 2017, 11:24
Don`t think anybody has ever had to by slots at Manchester and don`t think it is a good idea,
to be honest why would they ever need to bid for them as they are the most likely to get them along with Easyjet

Plane.Silly
8th Nov 2017, 11:32
Granted, MAN/BHX are nowhere near as full as LGW, but it's not exactly saying "Theres tons of space here, come one, come all". I'd imagine there would be some decent slots that would have the potential to be auctioned.
Not all of them mind, Doubt anyone would be in need of the 11pm departures to Ibiza

pabely
8th Nov 2017, 11:33
Good?: Everyone talks about the Gatwick slots, which of course, Jet2 don't fly from....yet.
With the slots now in the pool, and on seemingly decent leisure route times, could this be the nudge Jet2 needs to move south of the M25?

If the KPMG appeal fails also and they go back to the pool then Jet2 would be consider an new entry at LGW where 50% would be free, but would it not be better for UK Plc to have some fresh long haul Airlines?
I'm sure jonny public would like them at LGW to keep prices keen to Spain but if they do not have spare aircraft already committed to other based, it might pospone expansion at other bases.

mr_moose
8th Nov 2017, 18:49
Jet2 would be mad not to bid for some slots at LGW, even if at the expense of some expansion elsewhere next summer. Once these slots are re-assigned, its unlikely that the opportunity will arise again where they are so many slots available.

daz211
8th Nov 2017, 19:04
Mad not to, I’m not to sure
Jet2 are somewhat overwhelmed with how well it’s operation at STN has turned out from what I have heard they can’t meet demand as it is and would love to add more aircraft to the base.
They have so much confidence in STN they are on a mass recruitment drive and by 2019 they hope to double summer 2018 fleet.

southside bobby
8th Nov 2017, 19:41
LGW short haul Med services (& other airports in the UK) almost certainly suffering over capacity witness the draw down by NAX & MON racking up projected losses of £120m before the plug was pulled.
Why would EXS want some of that at LGW at the present time when they are for example leasing in again next summer to cover some capacity @ STN where they project 60% growth in 2018 alone.
For economy of scale anyway EXS would require certainly the majority of the slots at huge outlay if bought & if from the allocation system the process is going to allocate them with different reasoning.
The airport/airline business is nothing but fluid & dynamic & no one can predict when slots will become available again but one way or another they certainly will.

Plane.Silly
9th Nov 2017, 06:25
They have so much confidence in STN they are on a mass recruitment drive and by 2019 they hope to double summer 2018 fleet.

I'd love to see them try. They'll have 10 planes in operation for S18. I don't doubt they could meet double demand, but a 20 strong base in S19? when MAN for S18 will only have 18. Not to mention theres not enough slots/parking for them.

If They are chasing that demand, surely the LGW has to be given a chance to further capitalise on the London area

EK77WNCL
9th Nov 2017, 07:33
5 A330, 5 738 might just about double it? They just need to find 5 A330's!

Plane.Silly
9th Nov 2017, 07:53
If they didn't have their "Proud to fly Boeing" strapline on their adverts, acquiring A330's wouldn't have been a problem. Closest Boeing option would be the B788? Leasing 1/2 is fine, but surely they made their bed with Boeing?
Where would they get those from at short notice.

EK77WNCL
9th Nov 2017, 08:00
They already have at least 2 Airbii with their name plastered on the side... Not to mention that about 0.000001% of their clientele will even notice, never mind care.

I don't think that strapline would preclude them operating their own A330's. Having said that, they might get tempted into a deal on some 767's, should they re-enter production. Are the terrible teen dreamliners still kicking about or have they been bought?

Plane.Silly
9th Nov 2017, 08:22
I was under the impression the 767 program for passenger flights was finished, and that they were only making 767 freighters. That would have been the obvious choice, as Jet2 could use their B757 rated pilots to fly these as their share a lot of traits.

With the new 738's coming in, i would assume Jet2 are moving away from the 2nd hand market. But it raises a good point, the B752's won't last forever and a few years down the line, they'd need to consider alternatives

southside bobby
9th Nov 2017, 08:51
Plane.Silly..
Not speaking for the poster you picked up on I would imagine tho the line regarding a doubling of the Summer fleet for 2019 over 2018 was a mis-type with the years.
It seems to be known that 2019 will be double the 2017 fleet/capacity & that further growth in 2018 is inhibited by lack of aeroplanes.
You may be wrong with the assumption that STN will lack parking space & slots by 2019 both items are being addressed by MAG.
Your remark that EXS are chasing demand is v possibly approaching the issue from the wrong direction,commentary would probably state they are creating demand (for their product).
Just as an aside & not a reflection within the EXS debate,the B767 pax variant may not be finished after all as apparently UAL have been "talking" to Boeing concerning a re-launch.Possibly come to nothing tho.

daz211
9th Nov 2017, 09:46
Sorry I might not have been clear, I did mean 2019 but the fleet size is without the leased in aircraft so the aim is for 17 by summer 2019 I must add this is the aim and not guaranteed a lot can happen in a short time in this industry as we all know.
Also the capacity could be taken up buy outstation bases if 17 is not possible.

southside bobby
9th Nov 2017, 10:06
daz211...
Apologies...Thanks for the update..I know as you say a lot can happen & invariably does but a projected 17 unit base for 2019 is great to hear.
I see that even as of now EXS are advertising for 210 staff consisting of ramp & pax agents for STN as they are going self handling.

daz211
9th Nov 2017, 10:14
Southside no need for apologies
I didn’t make myself clear in my post.
As you mention going self handling at Stansted is a massive boost and a sign of overwhelming confidence in the base very exciting time ahead.

Plane.Silly
9th Nov 2017, 10:35
@Southside / Daz

Thanks for the clarification. I did think 20 was a bit too much.
Self handling was inevitable given the size of the operation. They've done it at EMA and they only have 7, so it was only a matter of time. Still dead impressive given they started from nothing to 2nd largest by 2018/19

As for the 767 option, if UAL can coax Boeing back into it, i wouldn't be surprised to see a decent order come through from LS. All 34 738NG's would have been delivered by then so bring it on

Plane.Silly
16th Nov 2017, 08:16
1/2 year results are in (to end of september) and Jet2 unsurprisingly are faring very well. Good news for its future

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/292335/jet2-parent-reports-increased-earnings-after-strong-summer

Skipness One Echo
16th Nov 2017, 11:38
Are the terrible teen dreamliners still kicking about or have they been bought?
Ethiopian took the bulk of them.
https://www.planespotters.net/production-list/Boeing/787

Thanks for the update..I know as you say a lot can happen & invariably does but a projected 17 unit base for 2019 is great to hear.
That's a Hell of an increase. Surely easyJet need to react or just walk away.

southside bobby
16th Nov 2017, 13:57
Skipness One Echo...
You posit that surely EZY need to react to EXS at STN or just walk away...
The two co-exist well at MAN which points to some strategic thinking perhaps with MAG & they the airport operator are aware they can.I doubt MAG would work up EXS to lose EZY.
Anyways surely EZY & EXS are different marketing models to quite a large extent?.
The EZY domestic network at STN is valuable to EZY in any case.

Skipness One Echo
16th Nov 2017, 14:12
The two co-exist well at MAN which points to some strategic thinking perhaps with MAG & they the airport operator are aware they can.I doubt MAG would work up EXS to lose EZY.
easyJet moved into MAN after starting at LPL, the MAN was positive and a little aggresive. Whereas STN has been static for ages, no real growth agenda and then sit back and let a new competitor drop 17 based units into what was GO's biggest base.
They don't seem to have a firm idea of what they want at STN IMHO.

I doubt MAG would work up EXS to lose EZY.
If EXS are serious about working about to 17 aircraft MAG would cut easy loose in an instant, they've not shown any drive to grow STN, indeed with going into SEN, quite the contrary IMHO. EXS look like being a better fit for STN it seems.

Plane.Silly
16th Nov 2017, 14:26
Don't think MAG would drop EZY, given they provide arrivals/departures on inbound based aircraft, when airports are a bit busier. EXS have started to copy this, with ALC/PMI bases, but if MAG want to keep volume up, they'd be better placed to just prefer EXS to EZY when allocating slots,

southside bobby
16th Nov 2017, 15:14
Skipness One Echo..
Simply disagree...With your second statement that MAG would cut loose EZY over a larger EXS base in an instant is loose thought,would you not reason that for MAG it is far more positive to work with both?.
A lot of funding was made available for MAG to acquire STN so win/win situations will be in play not win/lose.
You do not address the supposition that EZY & EXS are different marketing models to quite a large extent.
You also do not acknowledge that even if static the network inc the domestic network is a valuable asset to EZY & it would not be credible to have no presence at London`s third airport & to cede presence & market.
As to EZY`s historical growth at STN that is the result of forces within the London market generally & are easy to identify or well known over a number of years.
Both Ryanair & EZY are good fits in the STN network as is EXS which is bringing the third way to the London market untapped historically for many years.

chaps1954
16th Nov 2017, 15:27
Totally agree southside

commit aviation
16th Nov 2017, 18:26
Plane Silly:
Stansted doesn't allocate slots. EZY would have historic or Grandfather rights to the slots that it holds. They can't be redistributed in the way you suggest.

Skipness One Echo
16th Nov 2017, 19:18
Please define the “third way to the London market untapped historically for many years”?
11 years as a marketing analyst, I must have missed something.

I am not having a go at EZY or LS so not sure what you are defending.

easyJet will drop a profitable route if it fails to maintain targets. The fact they maintain some domestic routes from STN is meaningless in itself. If the aircraft is better deployed elsewhere they will be moved. They even moved capacity from STN to SEN!

FRatSTN
16th Nov 2017, 22:19
Indeed EZY did shift capacity to SEN... and as I remember arguing quite strongly at the time, in the medium to longer-term somebody would see STN as an opportunity. Needless to say that was ridiculed for STN being in the wrong place and that nobody dare go up against FR blah blah... Though Jet2 turned out to be that 'somebody' and it can be quite confidently said it's launch (since that's all any of us can go by so far) has been a resounding success.

Nonetheless STN is still a good earner for EZY and I wouldn't even argue that STN is any less yielding for them than any other London airport. Even if so, much of that would come down to intricate details of the commercial deals and growth incentives they have with those airports. The truth is, LGW and LTN is where their appetite for growth is at. In 10 years time however, they may get a poorer deal from those airports or a key change in the market could mean that appetite then moves to STN.

What I'm getting at... is that it's not a simple case of one airport being less profitable than another. It overwhelmingly depends on what the airline is actually willing to do at that airport and, in part, the relationship an airline has with a particular airport.

Plane.Silly
17th Nov 2017, 06:29
Plane Silly:
Stansted doesn't allocate slots. EZY would have historic or Grandfather rights to the slots that it holds. They can't be redistributed in the way you suggest.

I'm not suggesting they just take them away from EZY, what i'm suggesting is that in the future, when other slots become available, that they have a preferred operator in LS. With this, MAG would give LS first dibs at these other slots.
Merely a suggestion if they want to work more with LS than EZY

chaps1954
17th Nov 2017, 07:29
The slots are allocated by ACL not the airport and do you really think they would upset a major operator like that

Sholto Douglas
17th Nov 2017, 07:52
Quite rights, the airport itself has the responsibility to run the airport but has no say in slot allocation. ACL are an independent company who are responsible for the allocation of slots at various UK and other world-wide airports.

garry8g
18th Nov 2017, 09:39
Jet2's Newest Boeing 737-800, G-JZBD arrived direct from Seattle into Leeds at 07:20 this morning.

Suzeman
19th Nov 2017, 09:58
Dear Mr Silly

As others have pointed out, the airports do not allocate slots - it is done by ACL.

So here's some light reading for you. This the Slot Allocation Statutory Instrument where you can see the EU regulation taken into British Law.

https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Slot-Sanctions-Regulation.pdf

If you are still interested, the EU legislation is here

EUR-Lex - l24085 - EN - EUR-Lex (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=LEGISSUM:l24085)

And just in case you don't know who ACL are (who do the slot allocation in the UK), here's their website

https://www.acl-uk.org/about-us/

Plane.Silly
20th Nov 2017, 06:48
Please Please, Mr Silly was my father, call me Plane.

But thanks for the info. it's not quite what i'm trying to say, but it's just one opinion, so we'll move on

Nice to see the new deliveries coming through, i believe 2 per month are coming in until April

chaps1954
20th Nov 2017, 07:38
Plane Silly As Suzeman and myslf have said ACL allocate slots and if MAG was seen to be favouring one airline over another there would be a big row which would probably cost MAN dearly, they do speak to airlines and suggest that perhaps operating a route that could be over subscribed is not a good idea but Suzeman can probably answer that better me.

garry8g
22nd Nov 2017, 16:58
Jet2 Boeing 737-800, G-JZBC should be departing Boeing Field (Seattle) tonight on its overnight delivery flight. Its due to arrive into Leeds 07:30 on tomorrow morning.

OltonPete
23rd Nov 2017, 21:01
Which airline is operating one of the BHX based flights next summer - showing as a 220 seat A321 but operating airline Jet2 so I assume Titan?

Saturday it is Malaga in the morning and Las Palmas in the evening

chaps1954
23rd Nov 2017, 21:17
Maybe the A321 which did Manchester this year and MAN getting the 2nd A330 which
is due to be MAN based even though rumoured to be L/H

LBIA
23rd Nov 2017, 21:19
Jet2 have today added extra flights to Greece & Turkey for peak summer 2018.

Leeds - Kos = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly
Leeds - Corfu = Increase from 2x to 3x weekly
Stansted - Corfu = Increases from 2x to 3x weekly
Manchester - Antalya = Increases from 5x to 6x weekly

A Hol Lot More Greek and Turkish Sunshine! | Jet2.com (http://www.jet2.com/News/A_Hol_Lot_More_Greek_and_Turkish_Sunshine!/)

LAX_LHR
24th Nov 2017, 01:32
Not sure who the A321 operator is, as there is one down to operate a full schedule from STN, another at BHX and one at MAN, unless Titan are acquiring more?

irishlad06
24th Nov 2017, 04:23
There are no A321 flights scheduled from MAN next summer.

The base will be
12xB737-800 (1 standby)
7x B757-200’s (1standby)
2xA330-200’s GVYGL & GVYGM

STN will have GPOWN based plus another A321 with 212 seats.

In BHX they may be seeing a primeria A321 with 220seats - Operator TBC

LAX_LHR
24th Nov 2017, 05:11
There was an A321 in Chroma the other day, maybe it’s been removed again?

LBIA
24th Nov 2017, 08:27
Out of interest which aircraft are currently stored at Lasham that Jet2 might have an interest in buying?

chaps1954
24th Nov 2017, 08:59
Very little at a guess

LEEDS APPROACH
25th Nov 2017, 09:04
Jet2 LBA high Summer service update.

Recent announcement of 1 extra weekly service to both Kos and Corfu. Good news but tempered by that the fact that Zante that was served 4x per week in Summer '17 will now be served just twice a week (a further reduction from the proposed 3x per week).

Good news is that Alicante goes up to 16 services per week in high Summer '18 but tempered by the fact that Palma previously announced to be up 2 flights per week on Summer '17 (to 21x per week) reverts back to 19 services per week.

Basically it is tinkering at the edges which is to be expected at a heavily constrained airport that has induced demand due to its hugely less than ideal location.

Jet2 passenger numbers will be up next year at LBA but will passenger numbers decline at LBA?

Currently 11 additional LS arrivals/departures per week (high Summer '18 over high Summer '17). A net gain of zero new routes. This after the loss of two based Monarch airframes each running multiple services each day.

chaps1954
25th Nov 2017, 11:08
Thought you were actually posting something interesting until......Move on there buddy nothing to see, change the script or better retire to Church Fenton

inOban
25th Nov 2017, 11:57
If you had omitted your third paragraph your post would have been useful information to which no-one would have had any reason to object. Instead you gave them another opportunity to rise to the bait.

Personally, we have reached the stage in the year when the holiday companies can see the trends for S18, and are adjusting their offers. In the case of Palma, I believe Majorca is trying to limit the number of passengers in peak season, so there may not the beds.

flybar
25th Nov 2017, 14:29
There is the addition of a TCX airframe taking up some of the Monarch capacity

Faolpfr
25th Nov 2017, 14:55
some forecast for flights to Faro next summer 2018

LBIA
25th Nov 2017, 16:53
Jet2 LBA high Summer service update.

Recent announcement of 1 extra weekly service to both Kos and Corfu. Good news but tempered by that the fact that Zante that was served 4x per week in Summer '17 will now be served just twice a week (a further reduction from the proposed 3x per week)

Guess you didn't checked why a the number of Zante rotations had been dropped, they are shifting capacity around.

Summer 2017 Leeds-Zante was 4x weekly using Boeing 737-300. When summer 2018 went on sale Leeds-Zante was down as 3x weekly using a mix of 2x Boeing 737-300 & 1x weekly Boeing 737-800. Now its down to 2x weekly but both flights will be operated by Boeing 757-200.

inOban
26th Nov 2017, 10:50
I've haven't time to look up the exact capacity of these a/c, but I take it that in S17 they offered around 600 seats pw, that initially for S18 they offered nearly 500, and now around 450?

LBIA
26th Nov 2017, 17:59
Yeap inOban,

B733 = 148
B738 = 189
B752 = 235

Leeds - Zante route
Peak summer 2017 - 4x weekly B733 = 592 seats
Initial Summer 2018 release - 2x weekly B733 & 1x weekly 738 = 485 seats
Summer 2018 on sale now - 2x weekly B752 = 470 seats

inOban
26th Nov 2017, 18:20
Appreciated. Nothing like having proper numbers to discuss.

LBIA
28th Nov 2017, 19:30
So who's operating the 219Y Config Boeing 757-200 to be based LBA next summer 2018 for Jet2?

garry8g
29th Nov 2017, 14:56
Will that not be a Titan B757-200 ?

irishlad06
2nd Dec 2017, 05:18
Not sure on the LBA B757 operator - doesn’t look like Titan as they aren’t configure to this.

Looks like BHX will be getting a Smart Lynx A321 y220 seats for summer.

STN is getting 2 A321’s with Y212 config. GPOWN confirmed and another A321 from Titan (sources but to be delivered to them yet)

GVYGL and GVYGM A332’s will be MAN based.

Awaiting confirmation of EC-IDT returning next year to PMI.

garry8g
2nd Dec 2017, 07:59
Are the two A330-200's confirmed for Manchester now?
I had heard that they were still trying to source the second one.

Also, are Titan not due to aquire 2 A330's from the Ex-Air Berlin fleet?

Plane.Silly
7th Dec 2017, 06:51
From the Newcastle thread

Beatts: Jet2 Rumour is that there are at least 2 new routes still to be announced for next summer 2018 from each base. Could be good.

Anyone know if this is true or want to speculate what these could be?

paully
7th Dec 2017, 08:26
From the Newcastle thread

Anyone know if this is true or want to speculate what these could be?

Apparantly they have filed slots for timescales that would fit Gibraltar. Speculation elsewhere is strong on this route. The filed intention is to use 757/737 which fit as does the intended flight length. Pure speculation though and could be many more alternative destinations. But good wherever, more options :D

Plane.Silly
7th Dec 2017, 08:51
GIB would be interesting. I've mentioned before that i couldn't see much opportunity for their holiday arm on the rock. Still, they've surprised us many times before.

Similar distance would be Seville? To complete their portfolio across the south of Spain and possibly more likely for package holidays

Jerry123
7th Dec 2017, 09:02
GIB would be interesting. I've mentioned before that i couldn't see much opportunity for their holiday arm on the rock. Still, they've surprised us many times before.

Similar distance would be Seville? To complete their portfolio across the south of Spain and possibly more likely for package holidays

But GIB might fit in as a shorter city break style holiday. Packages for say 3 nights?

Plane.Silly
7th Dec 2017, 09:13
But GIB might fit in as a shorter city break style holiday. Packages for say 3 nights?

Very true, i just wasn't aware of there being too many hotels, unless they spill over into Spain.

paully
7th Dec 2017, 10:59
Very true, i just wasn't aware of there being too many hotels, unless they spill over into Spain.

Gib is very constrained on hotels, although a new Holiday Inn Express is due to open shortly on Devil`s Tower Road (walking distance from the Terminal). Although Gib would be a good fit if Jet2 decided to open up holidays in the beach area between there and Portugal. That said Seville would also fit that purpose with the addition of a very attractive short break destination and virtually no competition.

southside bobby
7th Dec 2017, 11:13
STN-GIB could be a fair bet with the demise of MON in the North London Market.

Plane.Silly
7th Dec 2017, 11:29
So GIB looks like a good contender.

Based on the distance from LON-GIB at approx 1,750km, Similar distance/ unserved destinations potentially on the radar include
Seville / Jerez - Spain
Naples / Bari / Sardinia - Italy
Podgorica - Montenegro

Depending which way you twist it, could be a potential case for any of these.
Or we could be jumping the gun completely, with it being extra capacity on similar routes...

LAX_LHR
7th Dec 2017, 11:37
In terms of possible routes.

GIB could be a contender. Fill in the Monarch gap at MAN/BHX as well as new routes to possibly GLA/STN.

NAP is already served from 6 bases.

Jerez. Thomson used to offer MAN flights, possibly still offer LGW flights, not 100% sure but not sure what the big market appeal could be?

Seville? Most bases seem to be filling in a holiday market role. Seville possibly could t provide the mass volume?

Bari/Sardinia. The southern part of mainland Italy has remained quite sparse on the British tourist scene, with only a handful of routes to the regions from the likes of Bari and Brindisi, they too only recently added.

Podgorica or Tivat could be good beds, Montenegro really on the up and up.

One not mentioned.. Bourgas? Bulgaria seems to be on the up again, with more flights added to Varna and Bourgas from the regions, surely only a matter of time before Jet2 enter the market.

compton3bravo
7th Dec 2017, 11:51
I would suggest that of the passengers who fly to/from GiB do no not stop there at all, with passengers crossing the border into/from Spain.Regarding three day breaks in GIB, fair enough, but three hours is often too long for myself and my partner! Cannot see Newcastle being a goer it would have to be Luton or Stansted if anything.

paully
7th Dec 2017, 12:08
Bulgaria?..Hmm interesting Lax and does make more sense. Jet2 unlike Monarch do have a business game plan and that centres around their IT business. Gib just doesn`t really fit that, but Bulgaria does.Or who knows,maybe both

MKY661
7th Dec 2017, 14:51
As a Regular GIB flyer until Monarch went under I will say that a lot of customers who did use GIB did indeed cross the border to Spain, myself included.

I've heard lots of speculation of this route for the last few Months but I would not be surprised if EasyJet were to start LTN-GIB next summer, plus with the rumours about expanding their MAN base significantly they will possibly increase the frequency from there too.

We shall see I guess, but Jet2 would be a nice addition to GIB.

compton3bravo
7th Dec 2017, 17:53
The main problem I can see is the choice of aircraft. With Jet2 operating Boeing 737/757 it is not the ideal aircraft to fly into GIB. I know Enter Air operated a charter into the airport a few months ago, but BA, easy and Monarch have used the A319/20 for a number between of years. A few years ago I was diverted to Malaga as an easy 320 had gone tech, with a Boeing 737 used to take the passengers to Gatwick. It is a captain's only landing at GIB with easy being a captain's departure as well. Unless Jet2 use a Titan Airbus I would very much doubt seeing them in RAF North Gibraltar.

paully
7th Dec 2017, 18:36
The 757 is a long standing aircraft of choice at GIB..Monarch used them for some time down there, in the past, as did BA. Some of the recent Monarch repats were used with Titan`s 757. I agree there is a training requirement but Jet2 still have a number of 733`s which are a good fit. Bmi Baby used them there in the past and I understand, that the new 738`s are fitted with the `short field`performance package.

SWBKCB
7th Dec 2017, 19:08
Beatts wrote:

Jet2 Rumour is that there are at least 2 new routes still to be announced for next summer 2018 from each base. Could be good.

Paully wrote:

Apparantly they have filed slots for timescales that would fit Gibraltar.

Filed slots from where? Seems many bricks being built with straw!

compton3bravo
7th Dec 2017, 19:17
I would suggest the B757 is not a good fit for GIB especially after a Monarch one was almost written off a few years ago with the captain instantly dismissed. After a considerable time it was decided to repair it but apparently it was touch and go (no pun intended).

MKY661
7th Dec 2017, 19:48
With Jet2 operating Boeing 737/757 it is not the ideal aircraft to fly into GIB

The 737-300 should be fine as Bmibaby used it on the EMA-GIB route about 5 years ago. Albeit certification may be required for some aircraft. I remember when second hand Monarch aircraft arrived they were not able to operate to into GIB when they first came, it was only a few Months later that they were able to run the route.

Monde
7th Dec 2017, 20:01
Remember the NC GIB incident well , ended up keeping a 320(NW) for a while longer because of it , and fyi the skipper did NOT get dismissed ....

Cuillin Hills
7th Dec 2017, 21:28
I would suggest the B757 is not a good fit for GIB especially after a Monarch one was almost written off a few years ago with the captain instantly dismissed. After a considerable time it was decided to repair it but apparently it was touch and go (no pun intended).

Confirming 100% wrong about the Captain being dismissed.

Erroneous information on pPrune - must be a first!

I disagree - the 757 was a very suitable aircraft for the GIB route.

Lee J
7th Dec 2017, 23:19
As a Regular GIB flyer until Monarch went under I will say that a lot of customers who did use GIB did indeed cross the border to Spain, myself included.

As someone who lives in Gibraltar and flies back to the UK at least every fortnight I too can confirm a good half of any flight answer 'Spain' when asked at border control where they are staying.

A recently article about Jet2 mentioned that half of their flights are filled by their holidays division and I can't really see them filling regular flights for Gibraltar holidays, nor can I see them offering holidays in Spain that involve a flight to Gibraltar and the walk of shame across the border.

Hopefully I'm wrong as more flights are much needed since Monarch's demise...

compton3bravo
8th Dec 2017, 07:42
Sincere apologies about the Monarch captain getting the chop. My 'inside information' proved totally wrong. grovel, grovel.

SWBKCB
8th Dec 2017, 07:57
Is there actually any indication anywhere that Jet2 plan to fly to GIB, other than GIB sized gaps in their schedules?

Plane.Silly
8th Dec 2017, 08:02
No guarantee it's GIB, though the rumour was that slots were filled for times suitable for GIB and that there would likely be new destinations. GIB was the likely choice, but as discussed in posts 197/198, a couple other contenders may also be on the cards

Golf--Lima--Papa
12th Dec 2017, 16:42
Update on PPJN today regarding an order for 5 A330 a/c

Wonder where that information has came from.

VC10man
12th Dec 2017, 16:56
My wife and some friends went to Madeira recently on Jet2. She said they were fantastic with nice staff and spotlessly clean aircraft. On time as well!

olster
22nd Dec 2017, 11:02
According to ppjn, Jet2 are ordering 5 A330’s. Any truth in this?

rudolf
22nd Dec 2017, 14:53
Yes it's true that PPJN say that 5 x A330 are being ordered. You won't hear anything official one way or the other, it's commercial confidence and the chances of a leak are slim.

HH6702
22nd Dec 2017, 18:26
To be delivered when?

Plane.Silly
27th Dec 2017, 08:00
I know they're leasing 2 in for their S18 MAN ops, but to go and buy them?
if it is true, either they'll stuff as many seats in as possible, or they see long haul as an option. Have senior management been talking to MON bosses lately?

LBAflyer22
27th Dec 2017, 16:36
I've heard the rumours of the 2nd A330 however yet to see this come to fruition but not only that i think the longer it is left the harder Jet2 will find to fill it. So they'll probably stick to the 1 A330 out of MAN. Who knows!?

As for the order i don't believe a single word. Until i see this confirmed by Jet2 themselves i won't believe that they will order the A330. I believe that they have areas where they can grow - BFS with 737-800, BHX, STN along with the older bases. New destinations in Greece, Italy and new city break destinations along with new base or two to in the West Country/Wales.

SWBKCB
29th Dec 2017, 05:45
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/budget-airline-criticised-vvc20gbkw

A budget airline has been criticised by the Civil Aviation Authority for refusing to sign up to a complaints handling service. Jet2 is the only one of the top ten UK airlines not to join the Alternative Dispute Resolution service, which resolved more than 10,000 passenger complaints in its first year of operation

Plane.Silly
29th Dec 2017, 08:20
They do like to keep a lot of operations in house, so bringing in an extra watchdog could be threatening to them.
Press haven't heard from them as yet, as to their reasons though (there must be a major one somewhere)

Lee J
29th Dec 2017, 09:49
There was an interesting comment on Travel Weekly regarding this:

Jet2 is quite right to take a step back from this.

As the CAA states, 75% were in the customer's favour.

Looking at some of the 75% in customer's favour include:-

Mr. J from Norfolk.

Was told he had to pay extra for luggage as his case was 2KG over limit and refused to pay and did't take the flight.

Requested a FULL refund.

Received 100% of his claim.

Does seem slightly ludicrous?

paully
29th Dec 2017, 09:52
Seems Aer Lingus and Emirates hold the same views as Jet2.

GAXLN
29th Dec 2017, 18:54
Lee J

Completely, Absolutely, Appalling if you want my opinion. But then if you've never worked at the sharp end of the industry how on earth can you understand all the issues. Not saying airlines are paragons of virtue but then neither are some passengers.

irishlad06
5th Jan 2018, 15:15
A321 from smartlynx now confirmed for BHX

http://www.smartlynx.aero/corporate/media-centre/news/656

castleford tiger
7th Jan 2018, 15:10
Thanks for the updates. Prices certainly seem firm out of Leeds again.

Many posts back there were harsh words about LBA and I agree.
However the new CEO is known to PM and I have highlighted to PM many times the appalling deal customers get on the ground.
Leeds is almost 3rd world and spending an hour waiting at passports coming in is not on. Meanwhile " we apologise for the delay " playing over the system.
Come on Leeds get it sorted.

castleford tiger
7th Jan 2018, 15:12
can someone confirm fleet size now 80 ?

chaps1954
7th Jan 2018, 15:23
Have a look at this from Jethro
Jet2 Fleet List (http://www.jethros.org.uk/fleets/fleet_listings/jet2.htm)

VentureGo
7th Jan 2018, 15:33
According to Airfleets, Jet2 have 77 aircraft registered active as of today:
Jet2 Fleet | Airfleets aviation (http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/Jet2.htm)

DjerbaDevil
7th Jan 2018, 18:25
According to Planespotters, Jet2 have 74 aircraft registered active as of today, which tally with the Jethro’s fleet numbers:

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Jet2

It is worth noting, however, that JET2 will be taking delivery of 12 new B738s from now until January 2019.

Plane.Silly
8th Jan 2018, 06:57
I believe the plan is to end up with about 85 for S18 peak time, not sure as to how many of the B733's will be retired because of it though, or if any extra leases are needed

garry8g
10th Jan 2018, 19:24
Jethros reporting that Jet2 are to aquire at least 2 ex Transaero B737-800's (EI-RUN & EI-RUO).

EI-RUN is currently at Lasham, having flown into East Midlands on 20th December 2017, then onwards to Lasham on 22nd December 2017.

EastMids
11th Jan 2018, 08:23
Many posts back there were harsh words about LBA and I agree. However the new CEO is known to PM and I have highlighted to PM many times the appalling deal customers get on the ground.
Leeds is almost 3rd world and spending an hour waiting at passports coming in is not on. Meanwhile " we apologise for the delay " playing over the system.
Come on Leeds get it sorted.

Lots of changes coming to the terminal interior at LBA to make things better... Work already started. Had a long chat with the CEO and Ops Director late last year and I believe they are starting to move things in the right direction again.

castleford tiger
13th Jan 2018, 11:04
flight radar showing fleet of 80 as of today

45 in the air now

HH6702
15th Jan 2018, 12:02
2 x A330 for summer lease

Plane.Silly
15th Jan 2018, 14:17
A few more 2nd hand 738's?

Buster the Bear
15th Jan 2018, 18:29
Two ex Transaero parked at Lasham this evening, both destined I am told for Jet2?

Gurnard
16th Jan 2018, 07:44
Correct. EI-RUO arrived on 15th from Teruel.

paully
16th Jan 2018, 09:23
No doubt they will be bound for LBA seeing as they arn`t new :(

RVF750
16th Jan 2018, 11:38
No doubt they will be bound for LBA seeing as they arn`t new :(

Indeed, why waste the new SFP aircraft on LBA. It's not like it's short, often wet, high up... oh. I'll get my coat.

Mr A Tis
16th Jan 2018, 15:35
There were rumours on the MAN pages that for S18, Jet2 would be splitting operations between T1 & T2. Anyone any idea if that is the case ? If so- would check in also be split?

Plane.Silly
17th Jan 2018, 06:42
Jet2 Additions from EMA for the summer holidays (end Jul-Beginning Sep)

EMAIBZ - extra Friday and Sunday, now 8pw
EMAHER- extra Monday, now 3pw
EMADLM - extra Saturday, now 3pw
EMAAYT - extra sunday, now 2pw
EMABJV - NEW ROUTE, on Saturdays

Obviously seeing good volumes for Turkey. Wonder if any other bases are getting more?

zfw
17th Jan 2018, 13:04
[QUOTE=Mr A Tis;10021584]There were rumours on the MAN pages that for S18, Jet2 would be splitting operations between T1 & T2. Anyone any idea if that is the case ? If so- would check in also

Afraid so Tfs, Pmi, Agp, and Ace all allocated to T2 this summer handling agents already training up staff, gojng to be a nightmare, pax have enough problems getting the right Terminal on a good day. Easyjet also basing 4 a/c at least in T2.

garry8g
17th Jan 2018, 17:39
Jethro's showing two leased A330 from AirTanker summer 18 (in Jet2 fleet list), has this been confirmed now?

Are they both being based at Manchester?

LAX_LHR
17th Jan 2018, 19:45
Is the STN sub the Titan A321 by any chance? There is a 2nd A330 showing in chroma for MAN?

BHX5DME
17th Jan 2018, 19:56
It would make sense for both A330's to be at MAN with A321's at STN & BHX

LBAflyer22
17th Jan 2018, 19:56
2nd A330 Operating where exactly?

2Planks
17th Jan 2018, 20:15
Would.be an ineresting one with regards to on time performance.

A whole sale move to T2 would be nice, T1 is not a pleasant experience from an employees point of view.

T1 is also deeply unpleasant from a SLF point of view. When compounded by MAGs inability to organise a booze up at Strangeways, a jet2 in house ops from T2 would certainly get my vote.

LBIA
17th Jan 2018, 21:15
Jet2 have this evening put on sale its 2018 festive New York flights.

1+ BFS = Nov 15th
1+ EMA = Nov 8th
2+ GLA = Oct 15th & Nov 22nd
7+ LBA = Oct 26th, Nov 19th & 30th, Dec 3rd, 7th, 10th & 28th
9+ MAN = Oct 19th & 22nd, Nov 5th & 29th, Dec 3rd, 13th, 18th, 23rd & 28th
8+ NCL = Oct 29th, Nov 1st, 12th & 26th, Dec 6th, 10th, 14th & 29th

HH6702
17th Jan 2018, 21:26
Good 8 flights from NCL

Plane.Silly
18th Jan 2018, 06:30
Interesting that there are none from the 2 new bases, BHX/STN, like there was last year. I'm sure they would have flown practically full. Maybe adding on at a later stage?

chaps1954
18th Jan 2018, 06:52
Probably because of Primera?

Jerry123
18th Jan 2018, 07:30
Why? They are a series of charters not a regular scheduled flight.

pamann
18th Jan 2018, 13:22
I’ve seen the term ‘Chroma’ mentioned a few times? What is this please?

pabely
18th Jan 2018, 13:37
https://www.airport-suppliers.com/supplier/leidos-chroma/