PDA

View Full Version : Jet2-5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12

inOban
30th May 2020, 13:25
This the British aren’t wanted is platitudinous drivel without evidence.

Almost all the European tourist centres can‘t wait for the Brits to return and in numbers !

The current resistance is rather more routed in decisions made in and around Whitehall !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52854979

Decision not made in Whitehall.

Flying Hi
30th May 2020, 13:52

it was in a way as we haven't got Covid19 under control.

ATNotts
30th May 2020, 15:22

There's am element of truth in that the UK unilaterally imposing quarantine on arrival into UK has goaded some countries that (perhaps foolishly) not imposed quarantine on arrivals from the UK to do so; that said, our infection rates are still too high, hopefully in the next couple of weeks there'll be some real signs of improvement and the UK quarantine and any tit-for-tat measures rendered unnecessary.

Flying Hi
30th May 2020, 15:52
When I was growing up in the northern countryside my Dad gave me good advice - "if you are out waking and stand on an adders head, be sure to keep your foot on its neck until its dead. If you take your foot off too soon, it'll bite you probably harder than it might have done first time."
Remember that when our super-lax, very British way of not dealing with Covid19 properly first time round, alliows it to come back with a Vengeance (about 21 days after the those essential things called Pubs etc reopen?).

ATNotts
30th May 2020, 16:10
When I was growing up in the northern countryside my Dad gave me good advice - "if you are out waking and stand on an adders head, be sure to keep your foot on its neck until its dead. If you take your foot off too soon, it'll bite you probably harder than it might have done first time."
Remember that when our super-lax, very British way of not dealing with Covid19 properly first time round, alliows it to come back with a Vengeance (about 21 days after the those essential things called Pubs etc reopen?).

Far too much thread drift; but the only way pubs are going to open safely is for a) no standing allowed, b) 2 people max per table unless from the same household, c) table service only - no buying from the bar. Pretty much like the way it's done across most of Europe, and a deal more civilised than standing shoulder to shoulder wafting brown drinking vouchers in the hope of getting served! If that isn't done then I agree, 21 days and we'll be back to square one.

Best head back to Jet2 now!

AirportPlanner1
30th May 2020, 17:35
This the British aren’t wanted is platitudinous drivel without evidence.

Almost all the European tourist centres can‘t wait for the Brits to return and in numbers !

The current resistance is rather more routed in decisions made in and around Whitehall !

It’s Greece that have their head screwed on. If the tables were turned and it was us with virtually no deaths would you want plane loads of tourists from a country with six times the number of daily deaths as the second highest European country turning up? I suspect, and hope, the answer is no.

Stanstedeye
30th May 2020, 18:52
JZBL came from Leeds. Due back a STN 20.35.

Flying Hi
30th May 2020, 19:40
JZBL came from Leeds. Due back a STN 20.35.
Ah, but what was the trip purpose OR why Athens?
Just curious.

sdbelgium
30th May 2020, 20:02
Ah, but what was the trip purpose OR why Athens?
Just curious.
It was a charter flight, another one will be operated from STN to ATH on June 6th. Maleth seems to be doing some of these as well lately.

There were a couple Jet2 charter flights recently to/from OTP to pick up fruit pickers to work in the U.K., but I’ve no idea what the reason behind these Athens charters is.

LS737
31st May 2020, 15:47
Positioning callsign for the return so must've been carrying passengers out. Quick skim through FR24 departures, potentially passengers transferring to CA864?

Vokes55
31st May 2020, 16:03
Probably a repatriation flight taking Greeks back to Athens in the absence of schedule services.

Why would Jet2 be taking people to connect to an Air China flight from Athens when 6x Air China aircraft leave LHR every day?

VickersVicount
31st May 2020, 16:06
Probably a repatriation flight taking Greeks back to Athens in the absence of schedule services.

Why would Jet2 be taking people to connect to an Air China flight from Athens when 6x Air China aircraft leave LHR every day?
Because that flight had capacity and LHR didn't ?

Vokes55
31st May 2020, 16:14
Because that flight had capacity and LHR didn't ?

They’ve been flying out empty after delivering PPE and Cargo into LHR. Plenty of capacity if it were needed.

And why is taking passengers to Athens to connect independently onto an Air China flight more likely than simply taking some of the many Greeks that reside in London, particularly North London, back to Athens as their country opens up but no direct scheduled flights from London exist?

airhumberside
31st May 2020, 18:01
There are severe restrictions on passenger flights to China, along the lines of once per week from an individual country per carrier. I maybe wrong on the specifics, but I'm pretty certain Air China can only do 1 passenger flight per week from LHR to PEK

Vokes55
31st May 2020, 20:34
Then they’d have been able to put a flight from LHR to PEK on, as they currently do zero per week (for passengers).

I’m not sure what the point of the discussion is. Jet2 aren’t flying people to Athens to connect to an Air China flight. The suggestion was daft and doesn’t warrant a thread drift.

Mr @ Spotty M
1st Jun 2020, 09:13
I see that Jet2s owner has sold its distribution and logistics business for almost £100 million, to concentrate on its airline and tour operating interests.
I used to work for an Airline & Engineering company that also over the years sold off its assets, until it owned next to nothing and as such is no longer here.
Its not always a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket, they have sold off the only part of the business that is likely to make a profit in this financial year. :uhoh:

Stick Flying
1st Jun 2020, 12:36
Its not always a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket, they have sold off the only part of the business that is likely to make a profit in this financial year. :uhoh:

You really think that the profits from FWC are in any way significant enough to run an airline during a pandemic? The Airline are highly profitable when we aren't experiencing political apocalypse. I'd suggest they are turning that cash influx into a quite promising expansion/re-focusing plan for the impending recovery (but having watched their evolution I'd also add measured) . I think your estimate of the business sustainability of the airline is based on very little inside knowledge.

Johnny F@rt Pants
1st Jun 2020, 12:38
I see that Jet2s owner has sold its distribution and logistics business for almost £100 million, to concentrate on its airline and tour operating interests........they have sold off the only part of the business that is likely to make a profit in this financial year. :uhoh:

FW put £3.9M into the profit for 2019, so whilst some profit is better than none, it’s not a big player in the grand scheme of things and shows where the senior management know where they are going to make the serious money........I hope.

SWBKCB
1st Jun 2020, 12:49
You really think that the profits from FWC are in any way significant enough to run an airline during a pandemic?

It wasn't suggested that they were, but heaven forbid that anybody offers an alternative view...

davidjohnson6
1st Jun 2020, 13:00
Is Fowler Welch a top 3 player in its markets or is it a relatively minor player ?
Is there any major overlap between Jet2 and FW which allows significant cost savings ?
In normal times - which generates higher return on equity ?

A company that does food distribution and also an airline seems a little unfocussed to me - Dart have to decide what kind of company they want to be, what their core market is and then do it well

Stick Flying
1st Jun 2020, 13:07
It wasn't suggested that they were, but heaven forbid that anybody offers an alternative view...

Not suggested but implied. The implication was why would you sell off a profitable part of the business. Well because, 100m driven into a potentially more profitable business is better than 3.9M per annum. Heaven forbid someone see's the logic in the decision. Alas I can see the logic.

SWBKCB
1st Jun 2020, 13:28
Not suggested but implied. The implication was why would you sell off a profitable part of the business. Well because, 100m driven into a potentially more profitable business is better than 3.9M per annum. Heaven forbid someone see's the logic in the decision. Alas I can see the logic.

Sell your peripheral businesses to protect your core or keep a broad base of activities to maintain the resilience of the whole? Either are valid, I can see the logic of both...

flybar
1st Jun 2020, 13:51
I presume negotiations have been going on for some time probably before Covid19 surfaced.

Stick Flying
1st Jun 2020, 13:53
Sell your peripheral businesses to protect your core or keep a broad base of activities to maintain the resilience of the whole? Either are valid, I can see the logic of both...
Agreed to a point. But when the peripheral reaches a level so insignificant to the core, the capital value is worth more than return on investment. This is where I see the Dart group investors have weighed up the options and wisely decided the FWC operation is not in their interests to keep. I have to agree.

Crewing Gimp
2nd Jun 2020, 08:02
A company that does food distribution and also an airline seems a little unfocussed to me - Dart have to decide what kind of company they want to be, what their core market is and then do it well

You need to read up on the company history, without Fowler Welch there would be no Jet2.com. Unfocused is not a word to describe Mr. Meeson, this sale would be a massive wrench to him. Looks like the money from the sale will aid the business he is now only concentrated on.

The Gimp

davidjohnson6
2nd Jun 2020, 09:00
I'm very much aware of Dart pre Jet2, but at some point a company has to decide what it wants to be... and it looks like they have done so

Wycombe
2nd Jun 2020, 12:25
Many of the Fowler Welch trucks are also mobile advertising bill-boards for Jet2/Jet2 Holidays, so I guess we'll see the end of that?

sdbelgium
2nd Jun 2020, 17:21

Have just received word that these were indeed charters for the repatriation of Chinese students in the U.K.

As mentioned before, a similar flight will be operated on June 6th. Pax flights STN-ATH, positioning back.

Johnny F@rt Pants
2nd Jun 2020, 20:10
Anyone know why LS6088 is currently flying from STN to ATH?

It was a repatriation flight for Chinese students to catch a flight from Athens back to China.

inOban
2nd Jun 2020, 20:42
I suppose they will Covid19 test them in Athens, isolate them overnight, and allow them to proceed if clear. This is what they plan for summer visitors

SCFC1EP
7th Jun 2020, 13:59
Does anyone have inside information when Jet2 are likely to announce there flight schedule for July/August

We know common knowledge that 1st July is the likely outcome for most airlines.

As example MAN/PMI Ryanair was genuinely 3 flights per day pre covid-19 before schedule was updated and are now daily in July and mostly 2 daily in August Easyjet was genuinely 2 daily flights but schedule updated to 5 weekly before mid July, then daily rest of July and mainly double daily in August.

However jet 2 still have on sale 3 daily flights in July and August which I very much doubt will be the case even 01/07/20 shows 3 flights each way

pabely
7th Jun 2020, 14:21
I hardly think such information would would be made available on a public forum like this, you are probably better asking them the question direct via their Facebook or twitter pages.

HH6702
7th Jun 2020, 21:03
Does anyone have inside information when Jet2 are likely to announce there flight schedule for July/August

We know common knowledge that 1st July is the likely outcome for most airlines.

As example MAN/PMI Ryanair was genuinely 3 flights per day pre covid-19 before schedule was updated and are now daily in July and mostly 2 daily in August Easyjet was genuinely 2 daily flights but schedule updated to 5 weekly before mid July, then daily rest of July and mainly double daily in August.

However jet 2 still have on sale 3 daily flights in July and August which I very much doubt will be the case even 01/07/20 shows 3 flights each way

i doubt they will even know this at the minute it changes every day or week

which countries will allow us in
how many pax are willing to still travel and haven’t changed plans.

which airports will be open
which hotels will be open
resorts will be open

too much to even think about at the minute

Yeehaw22
7th Jun 2020, 21:25
As above. I also suspect the 1st July will be exceptionally optimistic for any of the package tour operators to recommence.

Regardless of the logistics of all the above there needs to be an announcement of the FCO travel advice relaxation and also the mythical 'air bridges' to be established. These would need to be announced in the next couple of days to have any hope of a July 1st restart.

There's also the small matter of getting the workforce back into work and the no small task of getting the aircraft out of storage ready for service.

SCFC1EP
7th Jun 2020, 21:27
We are talking about flights starting in 3 weeks

What airports are closed?

Hotels are opening in Spain and other Countries and these don't just say oh by the way we open tomorrow,it will take time for hotels to be operational staff/food services put back into place, this would start many weeks before opening

Resorts are open, but with less capacity in bars/shops/hotels etc

Find it hard to believe that Ryanair and easyjet can plan for over two months in advance, but jet2 don't yet know,

European airlines are restarting on a reduced frequency,Emirates are starting reduced frequency and set out plans to September but Jet2 are still showing full schedule as pre covid19 starting on there first day of operations after no flights at all for over 2 months

Are they just hoping customers are stupid enough to think they have more flights available that other airlines take there money then to tell them sorry we are only operating 1 flight a day not 3 a day or 1 flight a week not 3 flights a week but you can change your flight just away to get that extra bit of £££££ in before cancelling your flight

True Blue
7th Jun 2020, 21:39
I had a jet2 flight cancelled for later this month. I got an email setting out options, but if I wanted a refund to wait and they would be in contact, they were dealing with flights in order. A few days later I got an email saying they were processing a refund. Two days later money was back into my account. I never had to lift the phone. Isn't it really disappointing that they have given me no reason at all to complain.

Yeehaw22
7th Jun 2020, 21:45
"Find it hard to believe that Ryanair and easyjet can plan for over two months in advance, but jet2 don't yet know"

Package tour operators cannot operate with the current FCO travel advice in place. They pretty much cannot operate with the farcical quarantine in place.

Do you know when the FCO advice will change? Do you know if quarantine will be lifted? Because at present none of the airlines do.

SCFC1EP
7th Jun 2020, 21:50
I also had a flight cancelled and got refund easy and quite fast considering the situation, also had good response from Easyjet refund to card for one flight and various vouchers for others which are more suited to me than refunds, Ryanair no refund just vouchers
So for customer service during recent times yes Jet2 have been alot better than others, but the question remains why still show full schedule with just over 3 weeks notice when knowingly that full schedule will not be happening and neither will it be with any airline

SCFC1EP
7th Jun 2020, 22:02
Package tour operators cannot operate with the current FCO travel advice in place. They pretty much cannot operate with the farcical quarantine in place.

Thanks Yeehaw22 wasn't aware above makes bit more sense

Easyjet/ryanair have packages also but suppose they have more flight only bookings also compared to Jet2 and this government is doing it's best to kill the airline/tourist industry

castleford tiger
8th Jun 2020, 06:00
I think this is a very fluid situation and reading the papers yesterday there is pressure coming from many sources.

The killer at the moment is the FO no travel notice which in effect leaves you on your own and insurance invalid.

To have this removed by 01.07.20 is tight as the 21 day period takes us almost to the month end.
Clearly Government have top give a steer and I think " air bridges" are being worked on.

Nobody knows how they will work or how aircraft will operate.
I am struggling to see much moving on 01.07 but rather a slow opening up during late july.

Just where will people holiday this year?
UK hotels closed and no sign of a formal date ( they need time as well) and most uk resorts closed in the sense of pubs/toilets etc its going to be a right mess.

Tiger

toledoashley
8th Jun 2020, 06:31
Its worth noting the advise from the Foreign Office changed very subtly from ‘Advising against all but essential travel indefinitely’, to ‘we currently advise against all but essential travel’.

sdbelgium
8th Jun 2020, 10:21
I see G-LSAH is enroute MAN-GBA now as EXS031E, for scrapping?

STATSMAN
8th Jun 2020, 10:38
757 G-LSAH just take off from MAN to Kemble last flight?

Gurnard
8th Jun 2020, 11:30
I see G-LSAH is enroute MAN-GBA now as EXS031E, for scrapping?
That's the plan.

irishlad06
8th Jun 2020, 11:36
This was always planned pre-Covid.
AD/AG/AH were planned to be scrapped and the remainder of the 757’s to be based at MAN.

MKY661
8th Jun 2020, 12:05
According to Jethro, G-GDFB should also be off for scrap this month

MKY661
8th Jun 2020, 16:08
Update from Jet2:
https://twitter.com/jet2tweets/status/1270024041248829440

Brian Pern
8th Jun 2020, 16:26
So the summer is now pushed back even further, this is not looking good for any UK based airline. The Quarantine is doing no one any favours.
Looks like that money from the sale of Fowler Welch may come in handy after all.

valefan16
8th Jun 2020, 17:00
So the summer is now pushed back even further, this is not looking good for any UK based airline. The Quarantine is doing no one any favours.
Looks like that money from the sale of Fowler Welch may come in handy after all.

Wonder if this date links to what the Turkish were saying about a 15th July air bridge in place?

I flew on 14th so either re arrange or refund, might try for the following week and see what happens

SCFC1EP
8th Jun 2020, 22:16
15th July does seem to be an odd date to restart being a Wednesday

The majority of restriction being relaxed from the UK government tends to happen on a Monday and restrictions are genuinely reviewed on a 14 or 21 day time frame.

The only other explanation I seem to remember the Greeks saying (i could be mistaken) we may be allowed in from mid July, so are we now using middle of month as the next possible wave of resumption of flights, think we can still say 1st July will see the next increase of flights with Ryanair/Easyjet increasing flights from that date other airlines are all starting on that date into Manchester ie Brussels Airlines/Finnair daily Emirates and even domestic BA LHR 2 daily

davidjohnson6
8th Jun 2020, 23:09
Perhaps logic is to restart midweek when it will be a bit quieter than weekend, so staff get an easier first day back at school while they try to remember how to do their jobs and the rust comes off from 4 months of being at home ?

dc9-32
9th Jun 2020, 05:42
I see the UK Government is back-peddling on schools returning so maybe they will change their mind about the quarantine rules. Lets face it, they really give the impression they don't know what to do next. Dealing with peoples lives, health and lively hood needs to be done correctly and with confidence.

valefan16
9th Jun 2020, 05:57
I see the UK Government is back-peddling on schools returning so maybe they will change their mind about the quarantine rules. Lets face it, they really give the impression they don't know what to do next. Dealing with peoples lives, health and lively hood needs to be done correctly and with confidence.

They have the court case potentially this week too by IAG/EZY, Ryanair and travel sector firms.

Mr @ Spotty M
9th Jun 2020, 07:54
The travel sector firms have put off there court case, just the airlines case to go to the courts.

Mr Good Cat
9th Jun 2020, 09:30
The travel sector firms have put off there court case, just the airlines case to go to the courts.

Air bridges to be in place by June 28th, so the travel firms have been told. Assume this means EU holiday hotspots only, which is probably why some airlines are still pursuing the legal action route.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/06/08/travel-bosses-told-air-bridges-allowed-june-29-quarantine-eased/ (https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11816332/air-bridges-june-quarantine-free-holidays/)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/11816332/air-bridges-june-quarantine-free-holidays/

Comm
11th Jun 2020, 11:47
Anyone know if the 300’s and 75’s are to be put in storage for 3 months?

Flying Hi
11th Jun 2020, 11:56
Anyone know if the 300’s and 75’s are to be put in storage for 3 months?
AFAIK the 330s were all Air Tankers leases, now cancelled. Temporarily?
The remaining 757s, after the retirement of LSAH and contemporaries to follow, will all be based At MAN.

Flying Hi
11th Jun 2020, 12:09
Is there such a word as Rerepatriation.? 🤔
When S20 finally does kick off c July 15 (maybe) will we see a block of 'rerepatriation' flights a couple of weeks prior to that out to the Destination countries and areas of Jet2 so-called 'Reps' and resort staff?
Logistical nightmare start to a season that will start off just before the big UK holiday breaks 6 weeks.
Would be interesting to understand how Jet2 cope with getting their teams back in place.

valefan16
11th Jun 2020, 12:53
When S20 finally does kick off c July 15 (maybe) will we see a block of 'rerepatriation' flights a couple of weeks prior to that out to the Destination countries and areas of Jet2 so-called 'Reps' and resort staff?
Logistical nightmare start to a season that will start off just before the big UK holiday breaks 6 weeks.
Would be interesting to understand how Jet2 cope with getting their teams back in place.

Maybe use locals to do the rep work? or ex pats out there (sometimes the case anyway), guess they could fly them out on other airlines who are starting earlier as an option.

LBAflyer22
11th Jun 2020, 13:36

I believe a good chunk of their reps are locals or expats. The reps from UK are minimal as opposed to other tour operators.

DomyDom
11th Jun 2020, 20:02
I'm planning on flying to VRN from MAN with Jet2 on 15th July. Does anyone know if Jet2 are likely to be providing any catering service on the flight as Ryanair are planning to? Thanks.

easyboy22
11th Jun 2020, 20:41
Been looked into, nothing decided yet..

DomyDom
11th Jun 2020, 21:25
Been looked into, nothing decided yet..
Thanks easyboy22.

Comm
17th Jun 2020, 13:47
AFAIK the 330s were all Air Tankers leases, now cancelled. Temporarily?
The remaining 757s, after the retirement of LSAH and contemporaries to follow, will all be based At MAN.

i meant the B737- 300’s (not A330) and the 757.....
Anyone know if they will be flying this summer?

if not maybe the writing is on the wall for the ol’ timers.

sdbelgium
17th Jun 2020, 14:34
The current timetable sees no B733 operating, and B752 only end of August on very limited routes out of MAN (PMI/IBZ/FAO mainly, I have seen the occasional CFU pop up).

LBIA
17th Jun 2020, 15:49
All 8x of Jet2's Boeing 737-300's are currently parked up at LBA, as its now the only base for this operational fleet,

Wickerbill
18th Jun 2020, 16:06
All 8x of Jet2's Boeing 737-300's are currently parked up at LBA, as its now the only base for this operational fleet,
Apart from those sat at GBA...along with 2 B752's

Flying Hi
18th Jun 2020, 16:10
Apart from those sat at GBA...along with 2 B752's
WFU so not in the 'fleet' any more.

misterbe
23rd Jun 2020, 09:02
Anyone has any idea what these 8x 737-800 that's "In Service" are doing?
Planespotters dot net list 8 in service

LBIA
23rd Jun 2020, 13:09
Delivery of 5+ Airbus A321’s & 3+ Boeing 737-800’s have been cancelled and 2+ further Boeing 757-200's are set to be retired.

USERNAME_
23rd Jun 2020, 13:10
Big wave of redundancies today across the cabin crew and office staff

MANFAN
23rd Jun 2020, 13:15
Delivery of 5+ Airbus A321’s & 3+ Boeing 737-800’s have been cancelled and 2+ further Boeing 757-200's are set to be retired.

To clarify...the ex-TCX A321’s won’t be joining the fleet now?

P330
23rd Jun 2020, 13:22
I thought the first of the A321s were already here and painted. If they take no more, that will be a very small fleet unless they choose not to enter them into service?

sdbelgium
23rd Jun 2020, 13:40
I think two have been delivered (out of a total of 7). The remaining 5 have been deferred UFN.

MKY661
23rd Jun 2020, 13:48
Only one has been fully painted and delivered. 2 more have been painted in all white (possibly a third) and one is still with Air Transat.

P330
23rd Jun 2020, 13:53
So will the 2 be operational?

zfw
23rd Jun 2020, 17:48
Looks like the A330s aren't coming back for a bit? Just noticed our Man-Dlm in Sept is now a B738. They have changed our seats on the booking to non window ( They were on the 330) and want £12.00 to move seats.....cheeky.

ROC10
23rd Jun 2020, 17:50
Looks like the A330s aren't coming back for a bit? Just noticed our Man-Dlm in Sept is now a B738. They have changed our seats on the booking to non window ( They were on the 330) and want £12.00 to move seats.....cheeky.

I think they’ve been off for S20 pretty much since Covid kicked off. Not sure whether or not any will be back next year.

irishlad06
23rd Jun 2020, 18:12
So will the 2 be operational?

only to be 2 - both operational. 2 more 757’s to be retired and 3 x b738 deliveries cancelled.

LFC22
24th Jun 2020, 08:08
Big wave of redundancies today across the cabin crew and office staff
Which departments within the office were made redundant?

LBIA
24th Jun 2020, 08:54
Sadly up to 380 temporary cabin Crew and 102 pilots were let go as part of job cuts yesterday.
I really do hope the aviation sector picks up quickly and all those team members can be re-employed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5732882/jet2-jobs-redundancies-cuts-coronavirus/amp/

valefan16
24th Jun 2020, 11:08
Looks like the July Schedules are being updated at the moment, few flights now not showing as bookable, i am on Kos to Birmingham July 20 which appears to have gone from 3p/w down to 2p/w (mine still going as it stands) on the booking engine for example. Manchester down 5 p/w to 3 so far, Menorca not bookable in July it seems.

pamann
24th Jun 2020, 11:46
Just looking at the Greek schedules ex Stansted as an example

No Kalamata, Lesvos, Mykonos, Preveza, Santorini or Thessaloniki till 2021.

I’d guess there’s major cuts across the whole network.

matjr79
24th Jun 2020, 12:09

LS1767 Fri 25Sep MAN-TFS still showing as A321 on the seat map selection.. Wonder if it will change..?

Flying Wild
24th Jun 2020, 18:19
Sadly up to 380 temporary cabin Crew and 102 pilots were let go as part of job cuts yesterday.
I really do hope the aviation sector picks up quickly and all those team members can be re-employed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5732882/jet2-jobs-redundancies-cuts-coronavirus/amp/

That’s not technically correct. Those individuals were notified that their positions were at risk of redundancy and the consultation process is now underway. I would imagine that alternatives such as seeking voluntary redundancies, etc would be sought first.

MKY661
25th Jun 2020, 15:03
Jethro has stated that the A321's that will not be acquired are the 5 ex TCX ones

ROC10
25th Jun 2020, 15:25
Jethro has stated that the A321's that will not be acquired are the 5 ex TCX ones

I think all seven were ex-TCX? I believe they have acquired 2 of the 7 and the remaining 5 have been cancelled/postponed (perhaps?). I believe they’re also withdrawing 2 additional 757s and have cancelled the acquisition of 3 further 738s. They were also due to have a fair bit of ACMI this summer which is obviously also cancelled.

Flying Hi
25th Jun 2020, 18:07
I think all seven were ex-TCX? I believe they have acquired 2 of the 7 and the remaining 5 have been cancelled/postponed (perhaps?). I believe they’re also withdrawing 2 additional 757s and have cancelled the acquisition of 3 further 738s. They were also due to have a fair bit of ACMI this summer which is obviously also cancelled.
I noticed G-LSAA (752) this morning going round the block on a 20 minute MAN - MAN trip.
Test flight prior to going into service in July or getting ready for Kemble? Anyone know which?

irishlad06
25th Jun 2020, 18:27
I noticed G-LSAA (752) this morning going round the block on a 20 minute MAN - MAN trip.
Test flight prior to going into service in July or getting ready for Kemble? Anyone know which?

it’s just a test flight to keep one 757 activated in the event it is needed.

MKY661
25th Jun 2020, 18:42

5 of them were due from TCX, the other two, including the one delivered are from Condor, but I believe the two that are coming from Condor were WFU as soon as TCX went under

Flying Hi
25th Jun 2020, 18:55
it’s just a test flight to keep one 757 activated in the event it is needed.
Thanks Irishlad. Much appreciated.

LBIA
25th Jun 2020, 22:47
Jet2 Boeing 737-300, G-GDFB leaves Leeds for the final time tomorrow positioning to Lasham for part-out and scrapping.

LBIA
25th Jun 2020, 22:50
​2x A321's that will eventually enter service will be G-HYLF and G-HYLG.

matjr79
26th Jun 2020, 16:06

In service by 25Sep?

L1649
26th Jun 2020, 16:47

Only one A321 (G-HLYA) in service from July 15th for the summer season.

ROC10
26th Jun 2020, 17:51

Are they re-registering HLYF to HLYA? Jethros has YF and YG down as the two being taken (YF has been with them for several months now doing test/training flights).

irishlad06
26th Jun 2020, 18:21

it won’t be YA when the don’t have the aircraft. They only have YF at the minute. It will be that aircraft operating from the 15th jul.

L1649
26th Jun 2020, 18:28
Are they re-registering HLYF to HLYA? Jethros has YF and YG down as the two being taken (YF has been with them for several months now doing test/training flights).

No, YC and YF are the other two but aren't scheduled to enter service this summer - standby only I expect.

L1649
26th Jun 2020, 18:31
it won’t be HA when the don’t have the aircraft. They only have YF at the minute. It will be that aircraft operating from the 15th jul.

HA?? No. YA, yes. YC and YF are the other aircraft.

irishlad06
26th Jun 2020, 20:21
HA?? No. YA, yes. YC and YF are the other aircraft.

it will be YF that will be flying. It has already been doing training flights pre lockdown and is the only A321 that jet2 currently have in the fleet. G-TCDD which was to become HLYA did arrive in MAN back on the 13th of March however was never accepted by Jet2 from the lessor - it has since been positioned to SNN on the 2nd May.

ROC10
26th Jun 2020, 23:36
it will be YF that will be flying. It has already been doing training flights pre lockdown and is the only A321 that jet2 currently have in the fleet. G-TCDD which was to become HLYA did arrive in MAN back on the 13th of March however was never accepted by Jet2 from the lessor - it has since been positioned to SNN on the 2nd May.

Thanks for clarifying, I did think it would be YF.

2Planks
29th Jun 2020, 12:59
Any news on how bookings are going for the next few weeks? Lots of media quotes on records etc, bug I'm finding it hard to get decent stats.

irishlad06
29th Jun 2020, 14:19
Any news on how bookings are going for the next few weeks? Lots of media quotes on records etc, bug I'm finding it hard to get decent stats.

im sure they aren’t record bookings - however in terms of the number of bookings over the last 12 weeks, then yes they probably are record bookings but nothing like the numbers booked at the end of January when Jet2 has their busiest Saturday booking day ever.

Flying Hi
30th Jun 2020, 09:40
G-GDFT 737-300 currently ex Leeds in tour round Lakes.
Test prior to return to ACG Lessor?

LS737
30th Jun 2020, 09:46
90 day check flight

BOHEuropean
30th Jun 2020, 10:12
G-GDFT 737-300 currently ex Leeds in tour round Lakes.
Test prior to return to ACG Lessor?

G-GDFT is owned by Jet2, not leased

Flying Hi
30th Jun 2020, 10:21
G-GDFT is owned by Jet2, not leased
Thanks. Airfleets show it 'leased acg'.

BOHEuropean
30th Jun 2020, 18:44
Thanks. Airfleets show it 'leased acg'.

Planespotters.net is usually a little more reliable for things like that. CAA's G-INFO site will also show if the aircraft is 'owned' or 'chartered' (leased), for which it does confirm owned by Dart Group (Jet2).

Flying Hi
6th Jul 2020, 10:24
Boring Monday hence the question.
With resumption of Jet2 Holidays and flights just a few days away now, all the bits of Post-Its must now be stuck firmly on the table ;) for those first flights out. July 15th ??
Whats the first one out? Probably a 6am ex STN or summat like that?
anyone know?

irishlad06
6th Jul 2020, 12:21
Boring Monday hence the question.
With resumption of Jet2 Holidays and flights just a few days away now, all the bits of Post-Its must now be stuck firmly on the table ;) for those first flights out. July 15th ??
Whats the first one out? Probably a 6am ex STN or summat like that?
anyone know?

There are 4 x departures scheduled for 0600 on the 15th.

EMA- ZTH
MAN - ADB
STN - EFL
BHX - HER

leadinghand
6th Jul 2020, 15:02
Does anyone have the schedule for 15th july at Stansted?

sdbelgium
6th Jul 2020, 15:15
0500 EFL
0510 BJV
0555 PMI
0615 ALC
0630 JSI
0715 FAO

1255 FUE
1315 ZTH
1415 PFO
1450 AYT
1500 LCA
1555 DLM

All times are departure times in UTC.

vectisman
6th Jul 2020, 16:41
Are you sure about the Stansted to Paphos flights. Cyprus is not accepting British Nationals until August 1st if they have been in UK for last 14 days.
After August 1st you have to have a test in UK 72 hours before departure or on arrival in Cyprus and quaratine for two days until test result is known.

DomyDom
7th Jul 2020, 08:30
New Jet2 FB clip.
https://www.facebook.com/11015505097/posts/10157541432495098/?sfnsn=scwspmo&extid=Yb9BVMWiPJ9Qu6YH&d=n&vh=e

CAEBr
7th Jul 2020, 10:06
For what it is worth, as there will obviously be a large number of cancellations wile the active fleet restarts, we were booked to fly Manchester - Zadar, Croatia, on the 2nd August. We were notified last week that Jet2 had cancelled the holiday. Croatia is accepting UK holidaymakers, the travel agents view was that that route wasn't high enough on the priority list or didn't fit in with the aircraft and crew availability at that time.

twinboom
7th Jul 2020, 13:06
The time frame is longer than that. Jet2Holidays have cancelled ours to Malta dep. 24th.Sept. ex BFS. Malta is accepting visitors from the UK, and is not on the UK's inbound quarantine list. We would jhave still liked to go,, the self catering apartment hasn't run away - and there are possible routings BFS-LGW-MLA with Easy and BHD-LHR-MLA withBA/Air Malta. Jet2Hols rejected my assertion that as Jet2, the scheduled airline, have cancelled the flights they are obliged to offer an alternative routing if available. I had already established that there now appear to be no Jet2 flights to MLA from any of their UK bases until late October - and then only from MAN and STN. Not showing ex BFS at all for Summer 2021 so postponement not an option for us. I quite understand the several reasons why Jet2 might have cancelled the flights but the fact remains that Jet2Holidays have let us down without cause. Jet2 the airline is my favourite of the so-called Low Cost Airlines by a long way but Jet2Holidays have, as a consequence, had their chips. Caveat Emptor

True Blue
7th Jul 2020, 14:21
I don't think Bfs - Mla was ever on sale for S21. I think I am right in saying that is was being dropped at the end of this season. Correct me if I am wrong.

sportzbar
7th Jul 2020, 16:48
The time frame is longer than that. Jet2Holidays have cancelled ours to Malta dep. 24th.Sept. ex BFS. Malta is accepting visitors from the UK, and is not on the UK's inbound quarantine list. We would jhave still liked to go,, the self catering apartment hasn't run away - and there are possible routings BFS-LGW-MLA with Easy and BHD-LHR-MLA withBA/Air Malta. Jet2Hols rejected my assertion that as Jet2, the scheduled airline, have cancelled the flights they are obliged to offer an alternative routing if available. I had already established that there now appear to be no Jet2 flights to MLA from any of their UK bases until late October - and then only from MAN and STN. Not showing ex BFS at all for Summer 2021 so postponement not an option for us. I quite understand the several reasons why Jet2 might have cancelled the flights but the fact remains that Jet2Holidays have let us down without cause. Jet2 the airline is my favourite of the so-called Low Cost Airlines by a long way but Jet2Holidays have, as a consequence, had their chips. Caveat Emptor
I think it has something to do with the fact that it's a package holiday you have booked. A quick look on the Jet2holidays shows that there are no holidays for sale to Malta at all until October at the earliest. Chances are they will have no staff in resort. As part of the contract for a package with Jet2holidays you have the services of Jet2 staff in resort therefore if there are no staff then they cannot provide the package they have contracted to you. It's nothing to do with changing flights unfortunately. In fact according to the t&c you are entitled to £10 per person compensation on top of the full refund....

Psr777
8th Jul 2020, 11:38
If anyone is in the know... currently Portugal mainland is not included in the "air Corridors" or on the revised FCO travel list.. we have flights booked with Jet2 on 25th July... for a month in a villa, so its flights only. Flights are currently available on the website but will they go ahead even if no air corridor or change in FCO advice? Cheers

Wycombe
8th Jul 2020, 12:07
Seems like RYR, EZY and BA are operating plenty of flights to FAO (for example) despite there being no "corridor" in place.

Fostex
8th Jul 2020, 12:29
Presumably that has implications for travel insurance and EHIC health cover?

valefan16
8th Jul 2020, 12:45
Seems like RYR, EZY and BA are operating plenty of flights to FAO (for example) despite there being no "corridor" in place.

The government had a little note on the list at release saying further countries may be added in the next few days and Portugal have been in talks with the Foreign Secretary so wouldn't be a huge shock if it ends up being allowed (and one assumes the airlines are aware of this possible outcome?) Maybe even if its just Faro that is exempt along with Funchal and Azores which made the list I believe.

Playamar2
8th Jul 2020, 13:08
No problem with travel insurance if going to Portugal as its on the FCO list, however quarantine is in place for returning to the UK.

castleford tiger
8th Jul 2020, 15:13
psr777

Where in Portugal is the villa?

SWBKCB
8th Jul 2020, 19:39
New COVID proceedures not getting a lot of love on social media

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/jet2-rules-passengers-must-follow-18559008

Buster the Bear
8th Jul 2020, 21:32
New COVID proceedures not getting a lot of love on social media

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/jet2-rules-passengers-must-follow-18559008

An airline taking it's customers health seriously should be warmly applauded. Just shows the mentality of some idiots! :mad:

SWBKCB
8th Jul 2020, 22:01
The main complaints seem to be about the lack of hand sanitiser and the hypocrisy of selling food and drink on board while also insisting on masks?

GdLSF
9th Jul 2020, 19:43
What's the point of selling food on board if you have to wear a mask? If pax are allowed to eat food, they take off the mask. If everybody keeps taking their mask's off, it renders it pointless.

SWBKCB
9th Jul 2020, 20:16
Exactly. Presumably Jet2 cabin crew are like the others and make money off on-board sales?

sdbelgium
9th Jul 2020, 23:17
Exactly. Presumably Jet2 cabin crew are like the others and make money off on-board sales?
Of course they do get commission based on on-board sales like any comparable airline in Europe, however in this case I suspect the (lack of) ‘measure’ is more because of the ancillary revenue for the airline than for the payslip of the cabin crew. I’m sure they’d much rather not sell anything right now. Mind you, the first plan was to shelve any BOB service, but Jet2 has rescinded that recently.

Mr Good Cat
10th Jul 2020, 07:10
What's the point of selling food on board if you have to wear a mask? If pax are allowed to eat food, they take off the mask. If everybody keeps taking their mask's off, it renders it pointless.

How is that different form passengers eating their own food though? You still have to take off the mask. Bearing in mind the airport experience requires a mask too (with a recommended 4 hour check-in) added to a an early 6-hour leg (block to block) to Cyprus for example, should pax go without food or drink for 10 hours ( more like 18 if they were asleep the night before an early check-in. How far do we want to take this?

It's too easy to forget the big picture here. Wear a mask anytime you're not needing to get access to your mouth or nose. Otherwise it's acceptable to do the basic human necessities to live.

Oceanic815
10th Jul 2020, 07:26
Well said Mr Good Cat!

We need a little perspective here. The ONS currently estimates that the prevalence of the disease in the week up to the 5th July is one in 3900 people in the community infected. This is down 25% from the week before. The risk of any one of the 189 pax on a B737 having the disease is low. The risk of catching it as you take your mask off for a few seconds to eat and drink is incredibly low. If you still don’t feel like taking the risk then simply don’t fly. You can never eliminate risk; there’s risk in driving to the airport. It’s all about minimising it.

valefan16
10th Jul 2020, 08:19
Well said Mr Good Cat!

We need a little perspective here. The ONS currently estimates that the prevalence of the disease in the week up to the 5th July is one in 3900 people in the community infected. This is down 25% from the week before. The risk of any one of the 189 pax on a B737 having the disease is low. The risk of catching it as you take your mask off for a few seconds to eat and drink is incredibly low. If you still don’t feel like taking the risk then simply don’t fly. You can never eliminate risk; there’s risk in driving to the airport. It’s all about minimising it.

The mask generally protects others from you too rather than vice versa. Most airlines allow food on board, if you watch for example inflight video on youtube he went with KLM who gave food etc.

Risks are minimal, in normal times you could catch the flu or various other ailments and you don't wear masks so always a risk factor in life I guess.

To add to your point many of those 1 in 3900 would likely not be travelling because they have symptoms or are isolating due to contact tracing so the real chances are even lower.

ATNotts
10th Jul 2020, 11:05
The mask generally protects others from you too rather than vice versa. Most airlines allow food on board, if you watch for example inflight video on youtube he went with KLM who gave food etc.

Risks are minimal, in normal times you could catch the flu or various other ailments and you don't wear masks so always a risk factor in life I guess.

To add to your point many of those 1 in 3900 would likely not be travelling because they have symptoms or are isolating due to contact tracing so the real chances are even lower.
You have to be pretty selfish, nae reckless, to even consider flying with a new cough or fever at the moment, but many of the affected are asymptomatic so could be spreading the virus innocently.

I'm presently in Germany where the laws are very clear on mouth and nose coverings, and frankly, wearing glasses I find doing so for more than about 30minutes annoying, there's no way I could tolerate 3 or 4 hours, I doubt there are many that would. I feel sure many people must be flouting the rules once airborne, and wonder how cabin staff are actually policing that situation,.

nowhereasfiled
10th Jul 2020, 13:02
I feel sure many people must be flouting the rules once airborne, and wonder how cabin staff are actually policing that situation,.

Not Jet2, however operated LHR-RMF-LHR a few days back, many passengers decided that once onboard they would remove masks, and move seats(middle seat intentionally blocked) to be closer to friends/family. Crew were under strict instructions to make sure this didn’t happen, and most passengers chose to ignore them, a PA from the skipper fixed the problem temporarily but about an hour later most decided to do it again.
I would imagine it’ll be even harder for the likes of Jet2, Ryanair, Easy etc with passengers not always being the most compliant.

paully
10th Jul 2020, 14:13
You have to be pretty selfish, nae reckless, to even consider flying with a new cough or fever at the moment, but many of the affected are asymptomatic so could be spreading the virus innocently.

I'm presently in Germany where the laws are very clear on mouth and nose coverings, and frankly, wearing glasses I find doing so for more than about 30minutes annoying, there's no way I could tolerate 3 or 4 hours, I doubt there are many that would. I feel sure many people must be flouting the rules once airborne, and wonder how cabin staff are actually policing that situation,.

I too wear glasses and fully concur, which is why I won`t be flying anytime soon. Like a lot of ideas the wearing of masks is a good idea in theory but doesnt work in practice, other than for short periods. I think it would be unfair to ask the cabin crew to enforce it, which on some flights could involve tense and unpleasant situations with less reasonable passengers.

As for a solution, like most people, I wouldnt know where to start. Sign of the times I suppose.

ATNotts
10th Jul 2020, 14:48
I too wear glasses and fully concur, which is why I won`t be flying anytime soon. Like a lot of ideas the wearing of masks is a good idea in theory but doesnt work in practice, other than for short periods. I think it would be unfair to ask the cabin crew to enforce it, which on some flights could involve tense and unpleasant situations with less reasonable passengers.

As for a solution, like most people, I wouldnt know where to start. Sign of the times I suppose.
Best solution for me is my car on Eurotunnel shuttle. Cocooned in my own bubble, so no requirement for mask - not very practical for getting to Palma though!

paully
10th Jul 2020, 16:14
Best solution for me is my car on Eurotunnel shuttle. Cocooned in my own bubble, so no requirement for mask - not very practical for getting to Palma though!

We are going to France next month via Brittany Ferries. Masks required if out of the car but not in your cabins or on deck so a good compromise.

mariofly12
10th Jul 2020, 20:27
With Jet2 restarting flights soon, do we know the 757s left where will they be used mostly to out of MAN? Assuming we don't have a paneuropean lockdown sooner than expected (knock on wood)..I suppose since no A330s this year, Jet 2 will fly the 757 on MAN-Canaries and PMI routes?

inOban
10th Jul 2020, 21:26
Because the ScoGov has kept Spain on the quarantine list, Jet2 have cancelled all flights from Scotland for a further two weeks. Mind you, since Spain declare more COVID today than the UK, the ScoGov decision may turn out to have been wise.

sdbelgium
11th Jul 2020, 10:47
With Jet2 restarting flights soon, do we know the 757s left where will they be used mostly to out of MAN? Assuming we don't have a paneuropean lockdown sooner than expected (knock on wood)..I suppose since no A330s this year, Jet 2 will fly the 757 on MAN-Canaries and PMI routes?
PMI and IBZ mainly, FAO as well and a weekly flight to CFU. B757 only flies from end of August though.

Trossie
12th Jul 2020, 07:47
Because the ScoGov has kept Spain on the quarantine list, Jet2 have cancelled all flights from Scotland for a further two weeks. Mind you, since Spain declare more COVID today than the UK, the ScoGov decision may turn out to have been wise.
All the new outbreaks in Spain have been in the north (Galicia, Aragon and Catalonia). Spain is a big country. Surely the 'ScoGov' could have specified those areas for the quarantine list? Other government have shown that you can be 'area specific' like that, e.g. Belgium with their 'red listing' of Leicester for quarantining (Belgium tells Leicester arrivals to quarantine (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53373970)) from within a much (geographically) smaller and more 'condensed' country like Britain. Or is it that the ScoGov just wanted to be 'different from the English' and who cares about the jobs?

I am sure that Newcastle and Manchester airports will do better out of this 'ScoGov' decision though.

GLAEDI
12th Jul 2020, 08:28
All the new outbreaks in Spain have been in the north (Galicia, Aragon and Catalonia). Spain is a big country. Surely the 'ScoGov' could have specified those areas for the quarantine list? Other government have shown that you can be 'area specific' like that, e.g. Belgium with their 'red listing' of Leicester for quarantining (Belgium tells Leicester arrivals to quarantine (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-53373970)) from within a much (geographically) smaller and more 'condensed' country like Britain. Or is it that the ScoGov just wanted to be 'different from the English' and who cares about the jobs?

I am sure that Newcastle and Manchester airports will do better out of this 'ScoGov' decision though.

flying into England won’t mean you don’t need Quarantine for 14 Days if you live in Scotland. All four nations use the same Passenger Locator form where you give your flight details and address in the UK. If you don’t isolate for the 14 days and you have a Scottish address you could face a fine of £480 (Scots Law) even if you fly into English airport. If you give a a false address (saying your address is England, Wales or NI) in England on the form, to try and avoid the 14 day Quarantine in Scotland, you’ll be liable to a fine £1,000 (English law). The collection and checking the forms is with Border Force a Home Office law enforcement arm they have been told to check the final destination of the passengers. The passenger locator forms must be completed by all arriving passengers (small exemptions for diplomatic & NATO staff) wether they are required to quarantine or exempt, due to occupation or from the list of countries published by the relevant governments.

Trossie
12th Jul 2020, 10:44
You quoted my entire Post, but then only commented on the last short sentence. (And while I am not condoning it, some might consider a £480 addition to the cost of a well needed holiday to be worth it!)

Now try commenting on the rest of that entire Post that you quoted?

(And just to add to that it appears that the Belgian government is ahead of the UK governments by being more 'area specific' rather than being 'country specific', meaning that people travelling from Lisbon requiring quarantine could/should free up travel to/from the rest of Portugal.)

Jonty
12th Jul 2020, 15:51
flying into England won’t mean you don’t need Quarantine for 14 Days if you live in Scotland. All four nations use the same Passenger Locator form where you give your flight details and address in the UK. If you don’t isolate for the 14 days and you have a Scottish address you could face a fine of £480 (Scots Law) even if you fly into English airport. If you give a a false address (saying your address is England, Wales or NI) in England on the form, to try and avoid the 14 day Quarantine in Scotland, you’ll be liable to a fine £1,000 (English law). The collection and checking the forms is with Border Force a Home Office law enforcement arm they have been told to check the final destination of the passengers. The passenger locator forms must be completed by all arriving passengers (small exemptions for diplomatic & NATO staff) wether they are required to quarantine or exempt, due to occupation or from the list of countries published by the relevant governments.

If you have put a false address down how do you propose they find you? The whole thing is a farce and totally unenforceable.

inOban
12th Jul 2020, 17:33
Border force will have access to all the same databases as the police. I'm quite sure that they are quite used to dealing with chancers.

Psr777
12th Jul 2020, 18:50
Sorry for delay in replying but I couldn't get on to PPrune.

Castleford Tiger - they are staying in Tavira on the Algarve.

The day after posting the question Jet2 emailed and cancelled the flights on the 25th July. Fortunately, managed to book flights on same date, seats and baggage with Easyjet; for a considerable saving tbh. They are fine with the 14 day quarantine on return if that is still in play when they return end of August.

castleford tiger
13th Jul 2020, 11:31
Its a farce. I have friends out there who own a house in Quinta. Life is pretty much normal except a mask in a shop.
Its extremely quiet.
They had return this week with JET 2 now cancelled.
The Portugal situation especially the FARO region is crazy.
FAO must be our second busiest airport..........or it was supposed to be. Looks like its off till August.

They have booked BA back at 30.00 each RYAN was even cheaper.

tiger

stonejo
15th Jul 2020, 08:49
Border force will have access to all the same databases as the police. I'm quite sure that they are quite used to dealing with chancers.

Border Force will not be checking up on people coming from Spain or any of the other air bridge routes if they put down an English address. They hardly did it when everyone had to quarantine let alone now when there will be thousands more passengers. Everyone with a brain up here in Scotland knows its a political stunt by the SNP.

Flying Hi
15th Jul 2020, 08:54
Border Force will not be checking up on people coming from Spain or any of the other air bridge routes if they put down an English address. They hardly did it when everyone had to quarantine let alone now when there will be thousands more passengers. Everyone with a brain up here in Scotland knows its a political stunt by the SNP.
Political stunt or not, not flying ftom Scotland to Spain or any other holiday YobSpot might just save your life..

stonejo
15th Jul 2020, 20:05
Political stunt or not, not flying ftom Scotland to Spain or any other holiday YobSpot might just save your life..

Statistically the odds are very very small. You stand a higher chance of dying in a car crash going to the airport in the first place. There is a reason why they don't use percentages as it would show a small number....

MANFAN
17th Jul 2020, 07:28
How are the load factors during the first few days of restarting ops?
I noticed from MAN a lot of delayed departures according to FR24 for Jet2...various destinations in Greece and Spain...any particular reason(s)?

SWBKCB
17th Jul 2020, 07:34
How are the load factors during the first few days of restarting ops?
I noticed from MAN a lot of delayed departures according to FR24 for Jet2...various destinations in Greece and Spain...any particular reason(s)?

I think FR24 are still using the times from the original summer programme, rather than what is currently scheduled so not sure how accurate any delays are.

Flying Hi
17th Jul 2020, 07:37
So good to see my fave airline back in the air. Good luck with S20 (whats left of it) and W20/21.
Does the 737-300 still have a flight program? I think they're all back at Leeds now but haven't seen any on FR flying.
With the reduction in flights now, will the final withdrawal be accelerated?

LS737
17th Jul 2020, 10:08
I believe Manchester Airport had some sort of bag system update which caused a few issues

Jonty
17th Jul 2020, 10:15
So good to see my fave airline back in the air. Good luck with S20 (whats left of it) and W20/21.
Does the 737-300 still have a flight program? I think they're all back at Leeds now but haven't seen any on FR flying.
With the reduction in flights now, will the final withdrawal be accelerated?

They won’t be flying this summer.
Rumour has it they don’t have HEPA filters fitted. But not sure if that’s true or not.

17th Jul 2020, 12:24
Do we think Jet2 will be making anymore cuts to the summer Schedule? A lot of routes that’s ere cut down in July/August in terms of frequency all of a sudden go back up to the likes of daily in September etc, perhaps unrealistic? Just curious.

Flying Hi
17th Jul 2020, 12:32
I think FR24 are still using the times from the original summer programme, rather than what is currently scheduled so not sure how accurate any delays are.
Quite so. Currently airborne LS921 MAN-DLM took off 4 hours early today.
Er, I don't think so.🥴

zfw
17th Jul 2020, 23:30
I believe Manchester Airport had some sort of bag system update which caused a few issues
Nope. Jet2 had done an update to their system but had forgot to test its compatability with Sita, no Bsms being rcvd.

Mallorcaguy
21st Jul 2020, 19:45
Hi all, Flying with Jet2 MAN - PMI LS831 in September the original seat plan was 42 rows (B757) but has now changed to 39 rows, I have looked on seat guru but it does not show any Jet2 aircraft with 39 rows anybody any idea which aircraft it will be?
Thanks in advance.

davidjohnson6
21st Jul 2020, 20:05
A321 (ie stretched A320) perhaps, assuming the seat map shows a single aisle narrowbody rather than a twin aisle widebody

CWL757
22nd Jul 2020, 00:54
Apologies if I've missed it but what's the fate of the A321s now? Surely a sub fleet of two ain't viable? Are they intending to eventually get the other 5 or just the current two? (P.S. what's the status of the other 321, HLYG?)

irishlad06
22nd Jul 2020, 04:16
Apologies if I've missed it but what's the fate of the A321s now? Surely a sub fleet of two ain't viable? Are they intending to eventually get the other 5 or just the current two? (P.S. what's the status of the other 321, HLYG?)

GHLYG went back to lessor along with GHLYA - they are both parked in SNN. As far as I know one of them will come to Jet2 but not until the winter at the earliest. They are only planning on having 2 of them going forward for a little until the current situations stabilises.

valefan16
22nd Jul 2020, 05:43

One of them is flying at the moment (mainly TFS it seems)

Gurnard
22nd Jul 2020, 06:18
One of them is flying at the moment (mainly TFS it seems)
Plus regular flights to ALC and PMI.

40i
22nd Jul 2020, 07:22
GHLYG went back to lessor along with GHLYA - they are both parked in SNN. As far as I know one of them will come to Jet2 but not until the winter at the earliest. They are only planning on having 2 of them going forward for a little until the current situations stabilises.

Is that inside knowledge or just a hunch they will come in winter?

The Flying Stool
22nd Jul 2020, 10:29
Are the A321s both going to be based at Manchester or will there be one at Birmingham as originally planned?

True Blue
22nd Jul 2020, 10:32
Is jet2 selling flights to full seat capacity? Reason I ask is that I was told they were only selling 33% of seats to ensure social distancing. Is that correct?

mmeteesside
22nd Jul 2020, 11:10
Is jet2 selling flights to full seat capacity? Reason I ask is that I was told they were only selling 33% of seats to ensure social distancing. Is that correct?
I find that hard to believe, it simply wouldn't be viable to operate at the price people would be willing to pay.

sdbelgium
22nd Jul 2020, 11:57
Flights are being sold at 100% capacity as in most airlines. The mandatory mouth mask (they are quite strict as to what is allowed and qualifies as an acceptable mouth covering) basically negates the need for social distancing while on board.

irishlad06
22nd Jul 2020, 13:09
Is that inside knowledge or just a hunch they will come in winter?

they have kept flight deck to crew two aircraft and it is showing in the booking system from end of oct. Obviously all subject to change.

likely based at MAN - what would be the point in having one at each base. Engineering / spares - increased cost. That is a hunch

xraydice
22nd Jul 2020, 13:24
Well I've had a e-mail this morning cancelling my EDI -ACE flight in September, and I see its looking like they have cancelled their EDI departures for the rest of the year.
To quote the e-mail,
"We're sorry that due to the unprecedented coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak your holiday is no longer going ahead as we are operating a reduced flying programme this summer. Please see below for your affected booking(s)."
Thats the second Jet2 cancellation for me this year

ROC10
22nd Jul 2020, 13:51
Well I've had a e-mail this morning cancelling my EDI -ACE flight in September, and I see its looking like they have cancelled their EDI departures for the rest of the year.
To quote the e-mail,
"We're sorry that due to the unprecedented coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak your holiday is no longer going ahead as we are operating a reduced flying programme this summer. Please see below for your affected booking(s)."
Thats the second Jet2 cancellation for me this year

Can I ask what day of the week this was due to be or your flight number? Jet2 website still shows 3-4 weekly flights EDI-ACE in September.

MKY661
22nd Jul 2020, 14:06

G-HYLG is the one that’s supposed to join isn’t it? According to Jethro’s site anyway.

ROC10
22nd Jul 2020, 14:17
G-HYLG is the one that’s supposed to join isn’t it? According to Jethro’s site anyway.

I believe so. HLYF/G are certainly the only two officially registered on FR24.

LS737
22nd Jul 2020, 14:18
D on't think G is joining

valefan16
22nd Jul 2020, 15:28
I find that hard to believe, it simply wouldn't be viable to operate at the price people would be willing to pay.

Certainly more than 33% full on our flight to Zante last week, over 3/4 full with most of the space in one area.

They are cancelling flights still but condensing it seems so instead of 4 times a week to X they are flying 2 or 3 times.

Got to say the service etc was exemplary on the way out and pretty much normal life in resort and on the flight apart from the mask when travelling on plane or bus.

SWBKCB
22nd Jul 2020, 16:10
I believe so. HLYF/G are certainly the only two officially registered on FR24.

FR24? My, they've expanded their role! :ok:

xraydice
22nd Jul 2020, 20:05
Can I ask what day of the week this was due to be or your flight number? Jet2 website still shows 3-4 weekly flights EDI-ACE in September.
Sunday 6th September ,15.20 depart flight LS705.
Edited; I've just rechecked , the is a bookable flight on the 5th , but I notice the hotel I was booked to is no longer shown, and the remaining hotels are at the top end of the range ( that is if there is a top end in Costa Teguise ;) )

allnamestaken1
22nd Jul 2020, 20:41
I have a trip booked with Jet2 in the Autumn,how long will the wearing a mask on an aircraft be going on for will i have to wear it come Sept/Oct.

Fly757X
22nd Jul 2020, 20:48
I have a trip booked with Jet2 in the Autumn,how long will the wearing a mask on an aircraft be going on for will i have to wear it come Sept/Oct.

Masks will be around for considerable time yet, potentially until a vaccine (if found) is in wide circulation.

rog747
24th Jul 2020, 09:18
Novelty in Palma: the first A321 in Jet2's fleet. The A321s G-HLYF about to land on 24L an hour ago....with sharklets

photo to follow ... (in holidays livery)

Mr Mac
24th Jul 2020, 12:55
Masks will be around for considerable time yet, potentially until a vaccine (if found) is in wide circulation.
My experience in Hong Kong with SARS was around 18 months, so get used to it I am afraid. It becomes second nature after awhile, but I did not expect to have to do it again in my life time, so I do feel a little unlucky and cheesed off.
Kind regards
Mr Mac

Fly757X
24th Jul 2020, 13:28
My experience in Hong Kong with SARS was around 18 months, so get used to it I am afraid. It becomes second nature after awhile, but I did not expect to have to do it again in my life time, so I do feel a little unlucky and cheesed off.
Kind regards
Mr Mac

That's a pity to hear and hope you're well. I've been getting used to it here too. It is just something we will have to live with. All the best.

Mr A Tis
24th Jul 2020, 15:08
This article only refers to US registered 737NGs- presumably it would apply to Jet 2 NGs too(?) unless they are different ? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boeing-737ng/faa-issues-emergency-directive-on-2000-boeing-737-ng-classic-planes-idUSKCN24P1KS?fbclid=IwAR3WS0NQDFIFoYGeG178Bl7m8jrIeaDmVvzWT-mP0Sz57H27SJClCM8jhOk

ROC10
24th Jul 2020, 17:39
This article only refers to US registered 737NGs- presumably it would apply to Jet 2 NGs too(?) unless they are different ? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-boeing-737ng/faa-issues-emergency-directive-on-2000-boeing-737-ng-classic-planes-idUSKCN24P1KS?fbclid=IwAR3WS0NQDFIFoYGeG178Bl7m8jrIeaDmVvzWT-mP0Sz57H27SJClCM8jhOk

Without knowing the distribution of the 2000 affected aircraft, I suppose it could apply to any 737 Classic or NG aircraft (basically every 737 currently in service).

Surprising that the problem can affect aircraft idle for as few as seven days, considering it is certainly not unheard of for aircraft to be idle for that long even pre-COVID.

40i
24th Jul 2020, 18:01
Just been reading up on Jet2 redundancies, apart from BA and Virgin... both long haul, they seem to be the only airline reducing their head count. TUI, managed to agree a deal to keep at their pilots.

Seems to be a bit of a knee jerk reaction judging by everyone else.

jonnyrobbo
24th Jul 2020, 22:39
G-DRTZ arrived back at EMA today, unhappy with the Paint Job.

Wallsendmag
24th Jul 2020, 22:45
Just been reading up on Jet2 redundancies, apart from BA and Virgin... both long haul, they seem to be the only airline reducing their head count. TUI, managed to agree a deal to keep at their pilots.

What about Easyjet?

irishlad06
24th Jul 2020, 22:58

i don’t think it’s a jerk reaction. They are making airbus pilots (as well as Boeing) redundant because they no longer have the aircraft. Don’t forgot they planned to have 6 or 7 a321’s by this point and now only have 1. Extra 757’s are going as well as not getting as many 2nd hand 800’s as predicted. Also Jet2 crew to 100% - meaning they have the right amount of crew per aircraft to even have airport standbys and home standby so day off payments are not common whereas at other airlines they don’t crew to 100% because it is easier to offer day off payments meaning less permanent staff required and less full time overheads such as pension etc. TUI charter a lot of extra capacity which they won’t be no longer whilst their crew are taking a pay cut(over 12month pay cut)

Big Tudor
25th Jul 2020, 06:18

Try reading up a bit more then. Try looking into EasyJet, RyanAir, Lufthansa, Air France, SAS, Emirates, Etihad, etc, etc. In fact TUI seem to be the only ones not facing this issue. Curious as to what their plans actually are given they announced 8,000 job cuts globally and recently disclosed plans for fleet reduction in Germany?

40i
25th Jul 2020, 08:53
Try reading up a bit more then. Try looking into EasyJet, RyanAir, Lufthansa, Air France, SAS, Emirates, Etihad, etc, etc. In fact TUI seem to be the only ones not facing this issue. Curious as to what their plans actually are given they announced 8,000 job cuts globally and recently disclosed plans for fleet reduction in Germany?

easyJet- what a mess. Not worth mentioning yet.

Ryanair- no redundancies 20% pay cut for all pilots and kept the head count

Lufthansa, SAS, Emirates ect. Completely different market.

TUI saw sense and realised that IATA predict the Short haul market will back back to pre Covid levels by mid summer ‘21. Keep the headcount and keep their market share. Enough reading for you?

Jonty
25th Jul 2020, 10:47
That’s what €1.8bn in state aid can do for you!

H44
25th Jul 2020, 14:39
It’s not state aid, it’s a loan, which will obviously have to be repaid.

The difference between Jet2 and TUI is that TUI are carrying a surplus until at least next summer, paid for by the pilots, who have voted to take pay cuts until Oct 21 to avoid any pilots having to enter a non-existent job market. Jet2 pilots I believe will only be on reduced pay until the end of the year but won’t carry a surplus as they’re making redundancies. Two different approaches to the same problem.

hec7or
25th Jul 2020, 16:18

This will be a ball and chain for TUI until it is repaid. TCX didn't manage very well with their £1b bankloan.

excrab
25th Jul 2020, 16:33

The difference between Jet2 and TUI is that TUI are carrying a surplus until at least next summer, paid for by the pilots, who have voted to take pay cuts until Oct 21 to avoid any pilots having to enter a non-existent job market. Jet2 pilots I believe will only be on reduced pay until the end of the year but won’t carry a surplus as they’re making redundancies. Two different approaches to the same problem.

According to what Jet2 have told Balpa and the workforce they are carrying a surplus of 450 pilots who will remain furloughed until end of October and then be brought back to working, although they say they don’t need that many until next summer. At the moment reduced pay until end of the year but can’t see it going back up in January, expect there will be more “negotiation” when they see how this summer works out and what bookings for 2021 are looking like...

ROC10
25th Jul 2020, 18:26
Spanish quarantine back for whole UK. Not good news for Jet2.

I suppose it remains to be seen whether programmes are axed for the summer or if flights are offered with pax travelling at their own risk and having to quarantine. Regardless, numbers will be considerably lower as many cannot quarantine for 14 days on arrival.

jon01
25th Jul 2020, 19:23
From 26 July, the FCO advises against all non-essential travel to mainland Spain based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks

HH6702
25th Jul 2020, 19:46
TUI have laid off crew.
I know a few cabin crew which were seasonal and they have all been laid off as soon as lockdown happened

Flying Wild
25th Jul 2020, 20:02
Spanish quarantine back for whole UK. Not good news for Jet2.

I suppose it remains to be seen whether programmes are axed for the summer or if flights are offered with pax travelling at their own risk and having to quarantine. Regardless, numbers will be considerably lower as many cannot quarantine for 14 days on arrival.

The quarantine is one way, isn't it? Back into the UK?

pabloc
25th Jul 2020, 20:05
TUI have laid off crew.
I know a few cabin crew which were seasonal and they have all been laid off as soon as lockdown happened
Yeah and not even furloughed!!

SWBKCB
25th Jul 2020, 20:39
Yeah and not even furloughed!!

Can temporary staff be furloughed?

Johnny F@rt Pants
26th Jul 2020, 06:12
Can temporary staff be furloughed?

Yes, but that is dependent on when they started their employment.

mr_moose
27th Jul 2020, 09:47
Any thoughts on the Jet2 handling of the Spain FCO guidance and air bridge changes?

The Covid pledge on the website guaranteed quarantine-free holidays has vanished from the website, and people booked to go to the spanish islands been told to turn up as normal or cancel under the standard T&Cs.

Those going to mainland Spain have the option to go anyway (Presume this would invalidate any travel insurance), or get a refund/credit. .

https://www.mirror.co.uk/travel/news/jet2-spain-flight-fury-removes-22417601

J2H website: Following the latest government advice regarding travel to the UK from Spain, we are advising customers to arrive for their flights as normal, as we are continuing to operate our scheduled programme to and from Mainland Spain, the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands.

We are still operating holidays to four destinations in Mainland Spain (Costa de Almeria, Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol and Costa Calida), which are open and are located away from areas which have been impacted by increased cases of Covid-19. In light of the updated advice from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), we are providing customers travelling to these four destinations with a number of options including continuing with their travel as planned, a refund credit note, a fee free amendment, or a refund.

If you’re due to travel to Mainland Spain before 9 August 2020 and want to amend your booking, please see your options in Manage My Booking. (https://www.jet2holidays.com/mmb/direct/login)

We are also continuing to operate holidays to our destinations in the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands as scheduled. Because the FCO travel advice to these destinations remains unchanged, our usual terms and conditions apply. As always, we advise customers to purchase appropriate travel insurance before travelling.

This is a fast-moving situation, which we are continuing to monitor very closely.

castleford tiger
27th Jul 2020, 10:25
I think the Government has this wrong AGAIN. The Islands are ok and should of been exempt.

What about a CV test before returning? Cheaper than losing the holiday.

However to put customers into an area against FO advice.............is that wise? Does it leave us open.
Market hammered share price down 12%

what a mess

DjerbaDevil
27th Jul 2020, 10:51
The mainland areas where JET2 operate flights are OK too and have a low incidence of infections, lower than in England. Spain isn't the size of a postage stamp but near on twice the size of the UK, so passengers to Malaga, Almeria and Alicante are most unlikely to visit Barcelona or the north west of Spain, as it is simply too far, where there have been outbreaks, which are now under control. JET2 are giving passengers booked to the mainland the option to cancel or delay their holiday and thus cover their backs by allowing the passenger the final decision. This is far better than cancelling all flights until early August awaiting further last minute decisions from the UK Government and causing unnecessary disruption to passengers' travel plans and upheaval of the flight programmes.

The Share Market's reaction will be short lived, as it has reacted to the Government announcement. JET2's decision to maintain all their Spanish destination flights could be described as an advantageous marketing process that will draw passengers away from their competition.

ATNotts
27th Jul 2020, 11:24
I think the Government has this wrong AGAIN. The Islands are ok and should of been exempt.

What about a CV test before returning? Cheaper than losing the holiday.

However to put customers into an area against FO advice.............is that wise? Does it leave us open.

what a mess

The problem for the UK government is that their (rather clunky) arrival form only caters for entering countries (Spain, Germany etc) that have been visited, rather than regions so as much as the Dept for Transport might want to exempt Balearics and Canaries from quarantine the Home Office form will have to be updated to allow that. Once they have amended the online form I imagine that island groups such as these could once again be exempt from quarantine regulations. It might be a good move for them to sort out the software as otherwise, if cases spike in, say, Athens, all the Greek islands could wind up being tarred with the same brush.

paully
27th Jul 2020, 12:21
Its a Government cover all that i think, for once they have got right. Its about this time that the big cities, some more affected than other, are emptying to the Balearics and Canaries. On arrival there are no checks on passenger health when coming in on an internal flight..Sobering thought eh?..Yes its going to hammer share prices, but so what, they will recover. Some people might not. But really anyone going abroad for just sun and sand do so at their own risk and should be grown up enough to assess the risks before they go..Just to point out the Norwegian Government have imposed the same restrictions on their nationals as well..
The French PM said this mornng that they are considering re introduction of lockdown....Batten down the hatches time.

flybar
27th Jul 2020, 13:17
I

what a mess
Easyjet and Dart Group share price both down about 10% at the moment due to the current uncertainty.
They will recover in due course but may take some time.
Dart Group have previously been alot lower.

mr_moose
27th Jul 2020, 16:22
All holidays to mainland Spain now cancelled until 16th August.
Spanish Islands still going ahead as normal, despite the promise not to fly to anywhere you need to quarantine upon return.

Update from J2H website:Following the latest government advice regarding travel to Mainland Spain from the UK, we have taken the decision to suspend our holidays programme to Costa de Almeria, Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol and Costa Calida from 28th July up to and including 16th August 2020.

Where customers are affected by any programme changes, we’ve been repeatedly recognised by media, consumer organisations and customers for how we have been looking after customers, offering the option to rebook with no admin fee, Refund Credit Notes or full cash refunds, and we will be contacting customers to discuss these options. We will also contact customers who are currently in Mainland Spain to advise them of their options regarding flying back to the UK, so we urge customers not to contact us.

For customers who are due to travel to Mainland Spain from 17th August onwards, we will provide an additional update once we receive further information from the government. We urge the government to provide the industry with clarity, so that we can keep our all-important customers up-to-date and informed.

We are continuing to operate holidays to our destinations in the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands as scheduled. Because the FCO travel advice to these destinations remains unchanged, our usual terms and conditions apply. As always, we advise customers to purchase appropriate travel insurance before travelling.

This is a fast-moving situation, which we are continuing to monitor very closely. We would like to thank our customers for their understanding and patience.

Delight
27th Jul 2020, 16:34
I was booked to travel to Spain on package holiday with Jet2 in a couple of weeks and this morning I received an email giving me the option of travelling, changing my booking, getting a credit or a cash refund. Considering this was announced on Saturday, I think that it is a pretty good response. Thank you Jet2 and I hope I will be travelling with you again soon.

As an aside, I've noticed that the media are focusing on the two week quarantine on return. I was fine with that, but the FCO is now advising against all non essential travel. I believe that invalidates my travel insurance and is the reason I've changed my plans. Why isn't that being highlighted?

MKY661
27th Jul 2020, 16:49
Flights to Faro also suspended until 16th August

https://twitter.com/jet2tweets/status/1287772763449626625

chrism20
27th Jul 2020, 17:51
Non essential travel advice has just been extended to the Balearics and Canaries.

AirportPlanner1
27th Jul 2020, 19:30
Jet2 are saying they aren’t taking outbound pax to Spanish destinations. But what if you have flight only and want to travel (and are happy to make your own way home) or if you live in Spain and are trying to return? Surely if the plane is flying there anyway to repatriate it would do no harm to take these people?

MKY661
27th Jul 2020, 22:57
Balearic & Canary Islands now suspended:
https://mobile.twitter.com/jet2tweets/status/1287866823044501504

ATNotts
28th Jul 2020, 06:58
Jet2 are saying they aren’t taking outbound pax to Spanish destinations. But what if you have flight only and want to travel (and are happy to make your own way home) or if you live in Spain and are trying to return? Surely if the plane is flying there anyway to repatriate it would do no harm to take these people?

Exactly what I would have thought. If you booked independently then you have hopefully have made your own personal risk assessment and will be comfortable with the contingencies you have made, especially as you would be flying after the government advice, and quarantine regulations have been reinstated.

I suspect HMG has leaned upon them.

Wallsendmag
28th Jul 2020, 07:25
Isn't it a condition of travel that you have insurance? When the FCO says states don't travel to XXX then you won't have any insurance.

stonejo
28th Jul 2020, 08:44
Exactly what I would have thought. If you booked independently then you have hopefully have made your own personal risk assessment and will be comfortable with the contingencies you have made, especially as you would be flying after the government advice, and quarantine regulations have been reinstated.

I suspect HMG has leaned upon them.

I don't think so. Cancelling the flights puts the blame of people losing their holidays onto the Governmemt but if Jet2 carried on flying then it would look like Jet2 didnt care and just want their money regardless as the passengers would then have to claim off thier travel insurance as Jet2 would not have to refund anyone.
Could Jet2 just have cancelled the holiday bookings but keep the flight only ones like Easyjet are doing maybe to give people the option.

ATNotts
28th Jul 2020, 08:57
I don't think so. Cancelling the flights puts the blame of people losing their holidays onto the Governmemt but if Jet2 carried on flying then it would look like Jet2 didnt care and just want their money regardless as the passengers would then have to claim off thier travel insurance as Jet2 would not have to refund anyone.
Could Jet2 just have cancelled the holiday bookings but keep the flight only ones like Easyjet are doing maybe to give people the option.

That's precisely what I meant. Package holidays being what they are, it would have been totally untenable to allow them to go ahead if FCO advice is against all but essential travel, and insurance policies are then null and void. As it is, in not taking anyone at all Jet2 are going to get clobbered by people who have booked flight only and "take to social media" to complain.

ford cortina
28th Jul 2020, 09:18
Regardless of this, Package Holidays are integral to the survival of Jet2. I feel they waited a bit long here to react, TUI canceled theirs immediately.
This does not bode well for the Holiday Charter Industry at all, people will start to look at Staycations, they will not want to travel if there is a risk their holiday could be canceled at the last minute. Jet2 could well find the future tough, I imagine this could see the end of the 757's, the 733's and the A320, it may well be time to cut your cloth accordingly. Which of course means more of our colleagues being made redundant, this is not good news at all for any of us.

Big Tudor
28th Jul 2020, 12:48
easyJet- what a mess. Not worth mentioning yet.

Ryanair- no redundancies 20% pay cut for all pilots and kept the head count

Lufthansa, SAS, Emirates ect. Completely different market.

TUI saw sense and realised that IATA predict the Short haul market will back back to pre Covid levels by mid summer ‘21. Keep the headcount and keep their market share. Enough reading for you?

No, not sufficient reading at all. Your first post (only your 2nd ever on Pprune) said Jet 2 "......seem to be the only airline reducing their head count", which is patently untrue. Ryanair are continual talking of base closures, which will be delivered with redundancies. You then offer a flimsy comment in order to remove EasyJet from your argument, and then adopt the same casual approach to discounting all other airlines. If TUI genuinely believe that short haul traffic will be back to pre-Covid levels by next summer then that is a huge gamble IMHO, as events over this weekend have shown. And a large part of TUI operations is long-haul. Even if short haul markets recover, there will be a huge drain to cover the losses in the long haul sector.

Which leaves your original post as "Jet2 are the only airline in the UK called Jet2 who are reducing headcount." It would seem your main point is to somehow paint TUI in a positive light for whole scale salary reductions and to cast aspersions on Jet2. :hmm:

Mr A Tis
28th Jul 2020, 14:12
15-20 years ago BMI Baby operated frequent full 737 flights to Newquay from the north. Is there not a market to re-introduce seasonal flights to places like Newquay / Southend / Exeter for people from Manchester / Leeds/ and all points north? Equally there may be people in the south who would like to retreat to picturesque spots in Scotland- without the long drive.
Whilst maybe not a goldmine- maybe it would at least keep aircraft & crew ticking over? The Covid crisis is not going to be over anytime soon, until they get a system like airport routine testing & proper track and trace, alternative markets might help survivability ?

inOban
28th Jul 2020, 15:30
15-20 years ago BMI Baby operated frequent full 737 flights to Newquay from the north. Is there not a market to re-introduce seasonal flights to places like Newquay / Southend / Exeter for people from Manchester / Leeds/ and all points north? Equally there may be people in the south who would like to retreat to picturesque spots in Scotland- without the long drive.
Whilst maybe not a goldmine- maybe it would at least keep aircraft & crew ticking over? The Covid crisis is not going to be over anytime soon, until they get a system like airport routine testing & proper track and trace, alternative markets might help survivability ?
And what do they need when they've got to Newquay or Scotland? A car. And hiring one isn't cheap.

castleford tiger
28th Jul 2020, 16:38
I think the planners are doing an amazing job but the costs of flying the next 4 weeks with empty sectors is alarming

irishlad06
30th Jul 2020, 00:07
Some flying been upgraded to 757’s from MAN from this Saturday. As expected it will be Greek and Turkish destinations that the aircraft operate to. So far a few additional flights have also been added to the schedule to Turkey to accommodate the Spanish rebooking.

oldart
30th Jul 2020, 09:00
And what do they need when they've got to Newquay or Scotland? A car. And hiring one isn't cheap.
Eastern Airways operate to Newquay from the north of England. What do people do when they do there, I think it's called surfing!

kasuga
30th Jul 2020, 10:08
Eastern Airways operate to Newquay from the north of England. What do people do when they do there, I think it's called surfing!

It would be interesting loading surfboards onto the Eastern 🤔😀

ROC10
30th Jul 2020, 16:35
If true, this is quite surprising. Unlike the usual Jet2 customer service but the costs will, of course, be hitting hard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53595962

ATNotts
30th Jul 2020, 16:41
If true, this is quite surprising. Unlike the usual Jet2 customer service but the costs will, of course, be hitting hard.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/53595962

Are the media confusing Jet2 Holidays package passengers with those that are flying under a conventional Jet.com ticket? Obviously if the latter choose not to come home, and Jet2.com cancels their flights, then they have to find another way back, perhaps with another scheduled carrier, or if they're second home owners, ride it out, but for independent travellers I doubt that's beyond the wit of most of them.

inOban
30th Jul 2020, 16:53
Since Ryanair and/or EZY are continuing to fly to these destinations, why don't they arrange to transfer the return flight to either of them?

ford cortina
30th Jul 2020, 17:06
Well its the top story on the BBC Six O'Clock news, interviewing package holiday customers who cannot contact their rep.
I feel for Jet2, but all that hard won customer goodwill is fast evaporating.

JSCL
30th Jul 2020, 17:24
If I were Jet2, I'd have told them all to stay till the last date passengers were due come home earlier to stay there for another week- expenses covered - and fly bigger groups home maybe one or twice per week. Far more goodwill in giving them longer away than shortening.

ROC10
30th Jul 2020, 19:33
If I were Jet2, I'd have told them all to stay till the last date passengers were due come home earlier to stay there for another week- expenses covered - and fly bigger groups home maybe one or twice per week. Far more goodwill in giving them longer away than shortening.

Not so much when a 2-week quarantine will still be required upon entering the UK though.

ROC10
30th Jul 2020, 19:34
Well its the top story on the BBC Six O'Clock news, interviewing package holiday customers who cannot contact their rep.
I feel for Jet2, but all that hard won customer goodwill is fast evaporating.

I did always feel their restart was rather rapid and sudden in reaching (according to their CEO) near-normal levels of service, compared to TUI’s more cautious approach. Perhaps this is the price they will now pay for that.

LBAflyer22
30th Jul 2020, 20:27

Thing is, for those 10/11/14 night stays it's not worth it for the company to fly out to PMI etc to pick up 10 pax on one flight, 12 on another, 5 on the other. Yes you could condense them but you've then got the issue with the distancing on coaches back to their individual airports. So up to this weekend your fine as full loads on return, but form next week you've got light loads as no one has flown out this week, and you've only got the +8 night stays.

dc9-32
31st Jul 2020, 07:21
The question really has to be - why go on holiday in the first place. I mean, it will hardly be enjoyable will it.

ATNotts
31st Jul 2020, 09:05
The question really has to be - why go on holiday in the first place. I mean, it will hardly be enjoyable will it.

I suppose it depends what you want from a holiday, and if it's bars, nightclubs, soaking up sun on the beach and that, then no I really don't think I'd bother, especially given that I'd also have to wear a mask for probably 6 hours at a stretch flying to and from.

However it the outdoors is what you're after (walking, eating in restaurants, relaxation and just chilling) then a trip may be quite enjoyable. I've recently returned from The Netherlands and Germany doing just that, and frankly the restrictions, though mandatory and far more firmly policed than in UK, were no hassle at all.

It's horses for courses.

ZULUBOY
31st Jul 2020, 09:13
I suppose it depends what you want from a holiday, and if it's bars, nightclubs, soaking up sun on the beach and that, then no I really don't think I'd bother, especially given that I'd also have to wear a mask for probably 6 hours at a stretch flying to and from.

However it the outdoors is what you're after (walking, eating in restaurants, relaxation and just chilling) then a trip may be quite enjoyable. I've recently returned from The Netherlands and Germany doing just that, and frankly the restrictions, though mandatory and far more firmly policed than in UK, were no hassle at all.

It's horses for courses.

Exactly this. I'm in Italy (in an area with low Covid rates) with the family and having a lovely time. We came by train. We're adhering to all social distancing and mask wearing as we would do in the UK.

Johnny F@rt Pants
31st Jul 2020, 11:24

I arrived on my Jet2 holiday in Croatia yesterday and we are having a great time so far. Yes, we had to wear our masks in the airport, on the aeroplane and on the transfer to resort, but that was absolutely no problem at all. Here in resort everything is open, bars, restaurants, water activities etc, and the only time masks are required are if you go inside shops/supermarkets.

My question is why wouldn’t you, just pick where you go and don’t be overly upset if things change. Embrace the new normal.

wowzz
31st Jul 2020, 13:15
If you booked the holiday 12 months ago, you dont really have a choice, unless you are prepared to lose the entire cost of the holiday.

ROC10
31st Jul 2020, 14:39
If you booked the holiday 12 months ago, you dont really have a choice, unless you are prepared to lose the entire cost of the holiday.

Exactly, there’s been an awful lot of blame placed on customers for “booking during a global pandemic” when many have not done this. To then be told by your airline/holiday company that you are to travel on holiday, only to receive a text/email whilst away informing you that you may or may not have to come home early at short notice is not exactly a particularly good experience. Obviously the airlines are not responsible for the sudden reintroduction of quarantine but they do have a duty of care to their customers, or at least they ought to have if they wish to retain a good reputation. Government advice is not currently to end holidays prematurely, this is very much a commercial decision.

Big Tudor
31st Jul 2020, 16:02
Government advice is not currently to end holidays prematurely, this is very much a commercial decision.

Government advice is currently "From 27 July, the FCO advise against all non-essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic and Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks in the country." Quite how you determine this does not apply to those already in country on vacation I am not sure?

Gurnard
31st Jul 2020, 16:07
It's a fine distinction. If "the FCO advise against all non-essential travel to Spain" obviously those already in the country are not going to travel there because they are already there!!

SWBKCB
31st Jul 2020, 16:07
Government advice is currently "From 27 July, the FCO advise against all non-essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic and Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks in the country." Quite how you determine this does not apply to those already in country on vacation I am not sure?

Because it says so two paras down?

From 27 July, the FCO advise against all non-essential travel to Spain, including the Balearic and Canary Islands, based on the current assessment of COVID-19 risks in the country.

This advice is based on evidence of increases in cases of COVID-19 in several regions, but particularly in Aragon, Navarra and Catalonia (which include the cities of Zaragoza, Pamplona and Barcelona).

The FCO is not advising those already travelling in Spain to leave at this time. Travellers should follow the advice of the local authorities on how best to protect themselves and others, including any measures that they bring in to control the virus.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/spain

davidjohnson6
31st Jul 2020, 16:12
The UK Govt appears to have decided that it doesn't want any more Brits to go on holiday to Spain. Boris / Rishi have seen how much bringing Thomas Cook's customers home cost in Sept 2019. Boris also knows how much hassle was involved bringing everyone home in March 2020 at the start of the lockdown. HM Govt appears to have decided it is not willing to pay to evacuate everyone back to the UK and would rather pax and airlines just sort it out themselves instead

LiamNCL
31st Jul 2020, 17:06
Embrace the new normal.

The phrase new normal needs distanced from otherwise these rules and mask wearing will be in place long after Covid has ceased to be a threat to 3% of the population if everyone is happy to class it as normal.

ROC10
31st Jul 2020, 17:36

See reply from another poster above

Big Tudor
31st Jul 2020, 18:56
See reply from another poster above

And my response to Government would be "how you determine this does not apply to those already in country on vacation." It seems positively bizarre to exclude someone from travelling to Spain whilst those who are already there can remain and return as planned? None of this makes sense, and the lack of information on why the decision was taken leads one to believe it was for reasons other than pure spikes in virus cases.
I note TUI have now applied the same dates as Jet2 for Balearics, Canaries & Mainland Spain..

Cazza_fly
31st Jul 2020, 19:36
And my response to Government would be "how you determine this does not apply to those already in country on vacation." It seems positively bizarre to exclude someone from travelling to Spain whilst those who are already there can remain and return as planned? None of this makes sense, and the lack of information on why the decision was taken leads one to believe it was for reasons other than pure spikes in virus cases.
I note TUI have now applied the same dates as Jet2 for Balearics, Canaries & Mainland Spain..

Couldn't have put it better myself.

SWBKCB
31st Jul 2020, 19:40
What would be the benefit of making people come back early? You still have to do 14 day quarantine whenever you come back.