PDA

View Full Version : Jet2-5

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

oldart
30th May 2018, 08:36
On top of this, most/if not all leases are damp leases (aircraft and pilots are owned by the lessor, cabin crew are Jet2's)
This applies to the Titans, Air Europa and Air Tanker leases, that i know of
Just as a matter of interest, what happens to all of the surplus crew in winter when there are less planes flying?

chaps1954
30th May 2018, 08:48
A lot of crews are on short term contracts as are ground crew and handling agents etc so will only work May to October

Ian

Plane.Silly
30th May 2018, 09:38
...what he said :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Jet2 kept some of the crew back ready to operate the call centre for the January/February booking rush, then when that dies down, redeploy them on the planes when the capacity ramps up for Mar/Apr and May/June

inOban
30th May 2018, 11:21
At EDI most of the a/c are used on winter Saturdays. I assumed that many of the staff are on annualised hours, ie their contract doesn't specify hours/wk or /month, but /year.

Johnny F@rt Pants
30th May 2018, 21:05
I wouldn't be surprised if Jet2 kept some of the crew back ready to operate the call centre for the January/February booking rush, then when that dies down, redeploy them on the planes when the capacity ramps up for Mar/Apr and May/June

plane.silly - that’s plain silly.

There are some crews that are employed on contracts that sees them sees them laid off over the winter, but as a percentage it’s not that many. Some pilots take extra leave and go travelling/studying etc.

Plane.Silly
31st May 2018, 06:47
@JFP

Thats a fair point, but from a recruitment persective it's not a bad idea. The turnover of cabin crew from summer to summer must be past 1,000 by now, although i would imagine a lot would be on callbacks for the following season.
Think of the recruitment cost attached to bringing in all these people every year. you have new uniforms to pay for, extra training as well (i've heard they take their customer service training very seriously, hence all the awards they keep winning)
On top of this, they also have to bring in loads of temps for Dec-Mar to cover the call centres. Instead of temps, who don't really know the business, why not use some of your own cabin crew, who know the destinations (to a degree) and can fulfil these roles when they're not needed in the air.

As a company who seem to value their staff a lot, it would probably look really good on their part, keeping costs down, and giving more people year round employment (except Nov, where we'd let them take the bulk of their leave ;) )
And as i said, it would apply to SOME, not ALL, so those who do want the extra time off can still do that. I'm not a dictator....yet...

PS

LGS6753
31st May 2018, 10:58
From a former recruiter:

1. Are the crew in the same place as the call centres?
2. Do they want to do the job?
3. Are the skill sets the same? (no!)
4. Are the employment terms the same?
5. What ramifications are there for employment models elsewhere in the group?
6. Does temporary redeployment add to costs (in things like increased redundancy cost liability)?
7. To what extent are the call centres counter-seasonal to the airline?

Plane.Silly
31st May 2018, 12:03
Jeez guys, didn't think we'd be THIS far down the path about it. It was a nice, potentially hypothetical scenario
But for everyones amusement, let me try and answer that

1. Are the crew in the same place as the call centres? They have call centres near/in LBA and MAN, the two biggest bases. They even have some homeworkers too (YES)
2. Do they want to do the job? Assuming we're only talking about the few, not the many (YES)
3. Are the skill sets the same? Both would have good communication skills, product/company knowledge and the company ethos, which i hear is pretty good. (NOT EXACTLY, BUT NOT A MILLION MILES OFF)
4. Are the employment terms the same? Inherently not, but...

most are employed on fixed term basis, so this could possibly be stretched out (i'm no HR person so correct me if i'm wrong)
difference in pay structure, call centre work is a steady wage + commission, as opposed to cabin crew who are paid only in the air + a flat rate + commission, might be a way round that?
Company benefits...both still employees of the business, so a tick here
5. What ramifications are there for employment models elsewhere in the group? I wouldn't think many crew would go to any other department on a seasonal basis, so no knock on effects
6. Does temporary redeployment add to costs (in things like increased redundancy cost liability)?. Yes, but this would be outweighed by the reduction in repeat training/ uniform issue
7. To what extent are the call centres counter-seasonal to the airline? As a leisure airline, peak booking period is from Jan-Mar, peak flying period (when the cabin crew are needed most is Apr/May-Sep/Oct. No overlap, hence the counter-seasonal effect being the most benefit

As i said guys, it's just a theory (or a very small practice), no need to dig any deeper into this

simoncorbett
2nd Jun 2018, 09:45
YLLCV has been operating from BHX on behalf of Jet2 for a while now and compared to the 737 flights it’s time keeping is very poor,even the first flights of the day are regularly over an hour late departing .....
simon

sixchannel
4th Jun 2018, 19:20
Can only agree. From what i can see on FR, flights the Smartlynx renter doesnt seem able to match the normal Jet2 departure accuracy, some flights being way over an hour late, something not often seen with the core Fleet. As a regular user of LS1229/1230 I'm gutted to see the fine record this year (and I've already done two trips) destroyed by it . Last Sundays was1hr20 late. Ive got 2 more this year and it looks like im saddled with it. So far the Wednesday LS1230 return hasn't been abandoned to it, so coming home mght actually be OK.
is there a secret reason why this aircraft or crewing etc etc cant get off the ramps like all the other Jet2 departures.
If its bad flight deck, does Jet2 have any kind of recourse for their lousy punctuality?

Johnny F@rt Pants
4th Jun 2018, 20:37
Is there a particular destination that this aeroplane operates to each morning? It could be that the route it flies is beset with slot delays which seem to be particularly bad this year.

Cazza_fly
4th Jun 2018, 21:27
Is there a particular destination that this aeroplane operates to each morning? It could be that the route it flies is beset with slot delays which seem to be particularly bad this year.

The aircrafts first wave rotation in a morning seems to be operating to destinations plagued with slot restrictions already this summer. I know there's been a lot of weather lingering over Europe and the South of the UK in particular this past week or so, but as you say the slot restrictions we've been hit with this season seem to be the worse i've known for a long time !

OltonPete
4th Jun 2018, 22:04

It doesn't make great reading but afternoon seems more problematic and as explained previously plenty of tasty weather over Europe the last week or so and you would need to compare against the other Jet2, TUI, Thomas Cook and FR to see how it rates. At least it operates which is more than can be said for FR.

The schedule for the last week is as follows

Monday 28/5 Morning IBZ +1.12 Afternoon RHO +1.17
Tuesday 29/5 Morning PMI +1.18 Afternoon ACE +1.33
Wednesday 30/5 Morning LCA +0.17 (one flight)
Thursday 31/5 Morning PMI +29 Afternoon RHO +2.32
Friday 01/06 Morning MAH +.34 Afternoon IBZ +2.37
Saturday 02/06 Morning Malaga +1.13 Afternoon LPA +1.14
Sunday 03/06 Morning Malaga +1.44 Afternoon FUE +1.18
Monday 04/06 Morning Ibiza +.37 Afternoon RHO +.44

Would it be fair to say just the Wednesday LCA can be classed as on-time?

Pete

ATNotts
5th Jun 2018, 07:14
It doesn't make great reading but afternoon seems more problematic and as explained previously plenty of tasty weather over Europe the last week or so and you would need to compare against the other Jet2, TUI, Thomas Cook and FR to see how it rates. At least it operates which is more than can be said for FR.

The schedule for the last week is as follows

Monday 28/5 Morning IBZ +1.12 Afternoon RHO +1.17
Tuesday 29/5 Morning PMI +1.18 Afternoon ACE +1.33
Wednesday 30/5 Morning LCA +0.17 (one flight)
Thursday 31/5 Morning PMI +29 Afternoon RHO +2.32
Friday 01/06 Morning MAH +.34 Afternoon IBZ +2.37
Saturday 02/06 Morning Malaga +1.13 Afternoon LPA +1.14
Sunday 03/06 Morning Malaga +1.44 Afternoon FUE +1.18
Monday 04/06 Morning Ibiza +.37 Afternoon RHO +.44

Would it be fair to say just the Wednesday LCA can be classed as on-time?

Pete
Saving grace for the bean counters at Jet2 and / or Smartlynx that none of these delays crosses the EU261 delay compensation threshold.

WHBM
5th Jun 2018, 13:24
Just went out with Jet2 and was particularly impressed with them - punctual to the minute off the blocks (despite being Saturday afternoon 2nd wave), and one of the best cabin crews I've had for a good while. An impressive operation.

Was thus quite disappointed on the return, which although the same rotation a week later was a Titan subcharter (known even at time of booking). I always thought Titan were themselves a class act who did some prestige work, but a decidedly ho-hum crew all round, including how they handled the departure delay. The safety briefing, which like some others here I always mentally "score", was one of the worst I have seen in a good while, and the pictograms on the briefing card would be incomprehensible if you didn't have an idea what they were trying to get at. At least they might try and print the cards in focus. Cabin crew were 50-50 mixed Titan (dreary brown uniforms) and Jet2, the difference between them was noticeable.

Matt995
5th Jun 2018, 23:33
YLLCV has been operating from BHX on behalf of Jet2 for a while now and compared to the 737 flights it’s time keeping is very poor,even the first flights of the day are regularly over an hour late departing .....
simon

YL-LCV is living up to its on time departures, it's now stuck in Arrecife, presumably tech, due back in BHX 17:10 on Wednesday, 17 1/4 hours late!

sixchannel
6th Jun 2018, 14:43
YL-LCV is living up to its on time departures, it's now stuck in Arrecife, presumably tech, due back in BHX 17:10 on Wednesday, 17 1/4 hours late!
Thats going to be costly re-Compo! I wonder if Jet2 invoice the cost for Smartlynx?
Strikes me that, as in all things, you get what you pay for. Bottom Bidder rules KO, as I used to tell my Purchasing Team. ;-)

sixchannel
10th Jun 2018, 16:35
Having managed to drag LS1203/4 from a slightly late ex BHX departure to slightly early return landing, the departure of LS1229 to FUE two hours later was an hour late out of the blocks. How does this occur ---Smartwings LCLCY has managed this feat on its 3 consecutive fortnightly rotations?

Plane.Silly
11th Jun 2018, 12:15
It sounds like too many occasions for this to just be a coincidence.
Just curious if they could actually claim against SmartLynx?. Although they're leaving late, they still arrive within the 3hr window for EU261, so do Jet2 have a leg to stand on?

LBIA
12th Jun 2018, 13:51
New route
Leeds/Bradford to Turin 1x weekly Saturday for the winter 2018/19 ski season.

sixchannel
12th Jun 2018, 14:39
Question for those in the Jet2 know - maybe its it's been happening for ages but I have just seen that Jet2 operate some Leeds -Jersey flights but cant see any Jet2 associated holidays. So - is this just a Summer flight thing amd will it ever get opened out to other bases like BHX?

BHD2BFS
12th Jun 2018, 14:39
Does anyone know why BFS is the only airport Jet2 don’t self handle at? Will they ever?

BHX5DME
12th Jun 2018, 15:04
I believe they only self handle when they reach a particular number of based units, so BHX has gone self handling this year as we have 9 based a/c

Plane.Silly
12th Jun 2018, 15:29
I heard the magic number for them is 7 a/c before self handling, which is why every base bar BFS (4 a/c) has it

Mooncrest
12th Jun 2018, 17:39
Jet2 do not self-handle at Newcastle, Glasgow and Edinburgh, not just Belfast.

lbalad
12th Jun 2018, 18:35
Question for those in the Jet2 know - maybe its it's been happening for ages but I have just seen that Jet2 operate some Leeds -Jersey flights but cant see any Jet2 associated holidays. So - is this just a Summer flight thing amd will it ever get opened out to other bases like BHX?

Jet2holidays do offer Jersey,its listed under channel islands.As far as I know its a summer only route may to sept.I booked flights for £75 return for a weekend in Sept,and brand new premier inn separately.

sixchannel
12th Jun 2018, 18:40
Jet2holidays do offer Jersey,its listed under channel islands.As far as I know its a summer only route may to sept.I booked flights for £75 return for a weekend in Sept,and brand new premier inn separately.
Quite so. But Leeds only AFAICT. I see no listing from MAN or BHX using the Jet2com App anyway.

Plane.Silly
13th Jun 2018, 06:59
Correct, just LBAJER, no MAN/BHX/STN option.
They've been dipping their toe in the water with the shorter flights (EGC and LRH). so it might be on the cards, who knows?
The big problem for them though, is would they be able to fill a B738 on these short sectors (since Jet2 are phasing the B733 out and MAN/BHX/STN have no B733's based). 189 seats might be too much for them.
Routes like that would be better suited to smaller A/c. Flybe's -8's and E-jets spring to mind as suitable, but they're just incompatable with Jet2 and their core market

PDXCWL45
13th Jun 2018, 07:10
They've been dipping their toe in the water with the shorter flights (EGC and LRH). so it might be on the cards, who knows?
The big problem for them though, is would they be able to fill a B738 on these short sectors (since Jet2 are phasing the B733 out and MAN/BHX/STN have no B733's based). 189 seats might be too much for them.
Routes like that would be better suited to smaller A/c. Flybe's -8's and E-jets spring to mind as suitable, but they're just incompatable with Jet2 and their core market
Another option would be to partner up with Flybe and uae them for the flights. A partnership with Flybe could give Jet2 holidays the option of including smaller airport's in their network without having to open bases.

azz767
13th Jun 2018, 09:48

i may be wrong but I'm sure it's because the 738 is too big for jersey. The EZY 319 seems to be pushing it every time I land there, I think it's LBA only as MAN, BHX etc don't have 733's. I know TOM used to operate the 733 their before they got rid of their final two examples. Again I assume they binned it because jersey can't handle a 738

Bam Thwok
13th Jun 2018, 10:42
i may be wrong but I'm sure it's because the 738 is too big for jersey. The EZY 319 seems to be pushing it every time I land there, I think it's LBA only as MAN, BHX etc don't have 733's. I know TOM used to operate the 733 their before they got rid of their final two examples. Again I assume they binned it because jersey can't handle a 738

You’re entirely right..... it’s down to landing performance. Even in one of the new SFP 800’s it’s very limited.
Landing Rwy26 on an ISA day on a wet runway would only allow for a payload of around 10 ton..... that’s bout 100-110 pax.

Plane.Silly
13th Jun 2018, 12:08
Another option would be to partner up with Flybe and uae them for the flights. A partnership with Flybe could give Jet2 holidays the option of including smaller airport's in their network without having to open bases.

A very intriguing and valid suggestion. I suspect ultimately they wouldn't go for it as they seem to pride themselves on using their own crew/planes for the entire package.
Before the B733 is scrapped for good, another thought would be to operate W patterns (i.e LBA-JER-MAN-JER-BHX-JER-LBA [on a short sector they could probably squeeze 3 rotations per day]

that’s bout 100-110 pax.
Perfect for a -8 then :)

sixchannel
13th Jun 2018, 12:19
So maybe Jet2 are just getting the most out of the remaining G-CEL series while they can. Don't know how many are left now.
After that it looks like JER will go. Are the two French airfields -800 capable?
Cant see them tying up with anyone permanently. Jet2 seem fiercely Brand and airframe loyal. Unless of course, they draft in Summer Renters with Jet2 basic graphics.

azz767
13th Jun 2018, 12:46
I'm surprised was they never went for 737-700's to replace the 733's for thinner routes and smaller bases, using the old jet2 method of cherry picking solid used frames and maintaining them impeccably. cant imagine them being too hard to source

sixchannel
13th Jun 2018, 17:34
Not at all, it is all down to overall cost, not just of deals on the airframe but all aspects of operating the aircraft, engineering costs, flight crew costs, traning, buying sims, fuel, engine wear life and overhall costs, push back kit etc etc etc. They look at everything in minute detail and do what is best for the business.

Brand loyalty is zero unless it gets BIG discounts.

As a retired very senior Purchasing Professional that is Music to my ears. So good to know that there is tight control on costs. As I used to bang on to my trainee buyers - it's not just about the purchase price. Its the TCP - the total cost of that purchase as so well put above. Amen.

Buster the Bear
13th Jun 2018, 18:25
One more remaining airframe at Lasham from the 4 ex Transaero B738s and this is currently undergoing heavy maintenance prior to delivery.

sixchannel
14th Jun 2018, 08:40
One more remaining airframe at Lasham from the 4 ex Transaero B738s and this is currently undergoing heavy maintenance prior to delivery.

Is that a lovely euphemism for realising you bought a Banger and are busy rebuilding it from the ground up? 😀

OltonPete
14th Jun 2018, 18:44
Having managed to drag LS1203/4 from a slightly late ex BHX departure to slightly early return landing, the departure of LS1229 to FUE two hours later was an hour late out of the blocks. How does this occur ---Smartwings LCLCY has managed this feat on its 3 consecutive fortnightly rotations?

Not posting this to deliberately to wind you up as I am sure you would have found out anyway but your favourite aircraft only made a quick skip to Northern France this afternoon on BHX--RHO and is now back at BHX with a 757 on turnaround to recover the schedule. To be fair to it this week had been quite good until today. Nothing on Jet2 to say if it was medical (and thus crew hours) or technical but excellent recovery again by Jet2 - The 321 landed 16.47 and the 757 was in BHX within a couple of hours although it appears to have been resting since 11 June per FR24.

Pete

Pete

sixchannel
14th Jun 2018, 19:04
Not posting this to deliberately to wind you up as I am sure you would have found out anyway but your favourite aircraft only made a quick skip to Northern France this afternoon on BHX--RHO and is now back at BHX with a 757 on turnaround to recover the schedule. To be fair to it this week had been quite good until today. Nothing on Jet2 to say if it was medical (and thus crew hours) or technical but excellent recovery again by Jet2 - The 321 landed 16.47 and the 757 was in BHX within a couple of hours although it appears to have been resting since 11 June per FR24.

Pete

Pete
Not at all, Pete.
If its Tech, its turning out not the most reliable Renter. I did see the 757 do a MAN-BHX Now i know why. Jet2 seem pretty capable of recovering a duff situation.
But hey, guess who's on LS1229 on Sunday? I wouldnt take a bet against it being "my favourite aircraft". I has been on the 3 previous fortnightly rotations. Wonder what time we'll get there? Lol

sixchannel
16th Jun 2018, 11:03
G-GDFD just departed MAN at 11.54 with no destination declared on FR24. Its a MAN based aircraft and at the momet looks to be heading out over Irish Sea. Is EXS051B a training flight code or is it a rescue month mission to Belfast? Just nosey.
EDIT - I think i just answered myself. Code used on previous two days for what looking like MAN-MAN training flights.

sixchannel
16th Jun 2018, 18:39
Not training, post maintenance serviceability flight.

​​Training flights would involve base (circuit) flying.
Many thanks for the insight, Council Van

El Bunto
16th Jun 2018, 19:19
Just from observation, EXS03_A and EXS04_A are positioning codes. They don't seem to correlate with the origin airport so perhaps they indicate something about the flight. Swap versus recovery, perhaps? I'll have to keep an eye open.

EXS05__ are test flights, as noted above.

The Chieftain G-IFIT just files as GIFIT.

sixchannel
17th Jun 2018, 07:51
Never gave it that much thought, use whatever is on the paper work but oddly enough I won't be bothering operations to ask how the system works.
Aw, go on. on.Allow us our little obsessions! ;-)
Happy Sunday

True Blue
21st Jun 2018, 15:40
Has anyone any idea why Jet2 never moved up from the -300 to the -400, before going on to the -800? Just curious.

GLAEDI
21st Jun 2018, 17:40
-300, -400, -500 are the same generation of B737 Aircraft replaced by the -700, -800, -900 Series which are getting replaced by the Max series. No new -400 so you‘d be buying an old airframe most are being sent to Victorville as no market due to age and running costs

Plane.Silly
22nd Jun 2018, 07:20
I would have thought the economics of running a 300 vs 400 would have been similar (scaled for the extra 30/40 pax) so i would share your curiousity TB.

A quick google search showed that the 300 outsold the 400 by 2.5 to 1. So maybe it was all about not finding available aircraft. then when the flood of used 800's appeared on the scene, it was the ideal time to get in on the action. Before Jet2's first 800 in 2011, they had use of B733's and B752's, so they knew about selling more seats than the 300, but on slightly weaker routes than the B752 could handle.

rowly6339
22nd Jun 2018, 11:33
Flew with Jet2 for the first time this week from man and must say not very impressed, reason being I was sat on the aircraft for nearly one and a half hours while we waited for the bags to be loaded. Do jet2 outsource this or is it in house?

The96er
22nd Jun 2018, 12:00
Do jet2 outsource this or is it in house?

Jet2 do their own handling at MAN and are by far the most well resourced in terms of equipment and manpower. So there may well of been an other issue going on there.

Johnny F@rt Pants
22nd Jun 2018, 15:19
Unless of course the airport infrastructure let them down and the baggage hall had “issues”.

sixchannel
22nd Jun 2018, 15:52
Having railed on about the lousy timekeeping of YL-LCV on the fortnightly Sunday LS1229, BHX-FUE a word in praise, sort of.
We flew on June 17 - massively late t/o again (75 mins) no doubt due to the Norwegian chaos of the previous day, diverting it to MAN and late repo back to BHX, it recovered to only 25mins late in FUE. Excellent. But then again, it never takes 4hr20 anyway, the declared flight time.
Returned on Wednesday LS1230 on newish JZHM, 20 mins late on t/o, even though the incoming LS1229 landed on time but the red-eye back to BHX 15mins early.
Cabin crews both ways lovely, friendly as always but I'm beginning to hate Jet2s horrid mock-pop background music. I know its supposed to mark the Brand as fresh, modern, 'groovy', of the people even, but its a dreadful dirge and is now getting on my wick as are the pre-recorded Announcements with their over-excited voices.
However 6 flights in this year (replacing dear old Monarch) I am enjoying it all.

Ivan aromer
22nd Jun 2018, 20:43
[QUOTE=sixchannel;10179338
Cabin crews both ways lovely, friendly as always but I'm beginning to hate Jet2s horrid mock-pop background music. I know its supposed to mark the Brand as fresh, modern, 'groovy', of the people even, but its a dreadful dirge and is now getting on my wick as are the pre-recorded Announcements with their over-excited voices.
However 6 flights in this year (replacing dear old Monarch) I am enjoying it all.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree the musak is really awful. Not slick (like TUI) or catchy, (like well almost anbody else) The Jet2 TV ad makes me want to throw up!

ssflyer
22nd Jun 2018, 22:22
Flew with Jet2 for the first time this week from man and must say not very impressed, reason being I was sat on the aircraft for nearly one and a half hours while we waited for the bags to be loaded. Do jet2 outsource this or is it in house?

I had exactly the reverse experience both at BHX and on return from GRO
Delightful check-in and boarding staff,brand new aircraft.luggage and pax swiftly boarded and also cheerful and efficient crew.
Puts FR to shame.
SSF

Plane.Silly
23rd Jun 2018, 08:11
Reported on Cardiff thread by PDXCWL45:
Jet2s G-IFIT which ferries their management and engineers about was at Cardiff for 5 hours yesterday, landed from LBA at 08.50 and departed back at 13.55. Would be great to think that it was there bringing in Jet2 management for talks with the airport about a base!"

Would certainly be an interesting premise. The only area not served by Jet2 is the South west. closest being BHX. So eventually they would have to be looking at the likes of CWL/BRS. Out of the 2 i would have pegged BRS for the job, but that's quite full. LS wouldn't have a problem taking every other airline on, they seem to thrive on it. I suppose CWL would provide the freedom of slots/ parking they would need, and CWL get a high profile, big-spender in the airport to boost figures.

Anyone else care to join in?

Mr A Tis
23rd Jun 2018, 08:36
Overheard on a recent flight from a pax behind me..." I've seen Jess Glynne in concert, but I've heard more of her on this flight than the concert" Yes. it's driving everyone nuts.

castleford tiger
23rd Jun 2018, 09:16
How long before "Ladies and Gentlemen , Boys and Girls " gets banned for not being PC.
At school everything is now non gender specific!!

Tiger

2Planks
23rd Jun 2018, 11:16
How long before "Ladies and Gentlemen , Boys and Girls " gets banned for not being PC.
At school everything is now non gender specific!!

Tiger
I don't know but I bet the first complaint will come from the 'southern base' not from here in York!!

Good to see all the Jet2 adverts on the London Underground the other day, there were many that said the low cost and package holiday mixed model was dead or for the north only. How wrong they were and well done to the Management.

sixchannel
23rd Jun 2018, 11:58
Reported on Cardiff thread by PDXCWL45:

Would certainly be an interesting premise. The only area not served by Jet2 is the South west. closest being BHX. So eventually they would have to be looking at the likes of CWL/BRS. Out of the 2 i would have pegged BRS for the job, but that's quite full. LS wouldn't have a problem taking every other airline on, they seem to thrive on it. I suppose CWL would provide the freedom of slots/ parking they would need, and CWL get a high profile, big-spender in the airport to boost figures.

Anyone else care to join in?

Surely to serve the "south west" it has to be Exeter. BRS is full and often chaos, CWL is way too far away and wrong side of Bristol Channel for south west England.

PDXCWL45
23rd Jun 2018, 13:09
Surely to serve the "south west" it has to be Exeter. BRS is full and often chaos, CWL is way too far away and wrong side of Bristol Channel for south west England.
Could be both CWL and EXT!

marko1
23rd Jun 2018, 13:49
Jet2 have bases at both Edinburgh and Glasgow so why not Cardiff and Bristol ?

gazza007
23rd Jun 2018, 13:51

Couldn't agree more, just like their TV adverts very Chavvy

hotpoop
23rd Jun 2018, 23:14
Just from observation, EXS03_A and EXS04_A are positioning codes. They don't seem to correlate with the origin airport so perhaps they indicate something about the flight. Swap versus recovery, perhaps? I'll have to keep an eye open.

EXS05__ are test flights, as noted above.

The flight numbers and suffix's are chosen so that the bean counters at Jet2 HQ can determine where the costs are going to.

I believe it goes something like this with suffix's in brackets:

LS031-039 Engineering positioners (E) - Planned Engineering, (R) - recovery for over-running mx etc
LS041-049 On the day recovery positioners (A)
LS051-059 (B) - Serviceability Flights, (H/K) - Positioning for C Check, post C Check flights
LS061-069 Charter positioners (C)
LS071-079 Weather diversion positioners (W)

GKOC41
24th Jun 2018, 08:46
Council
Do Jet 2 use the PA31 for crew positioning also e.g. a full crew

Mooncrest
24th Jun 2018, 10:23
G-IFIT's official 'job title' is Company Communications Aircraft so I expect she flies whoever and whatever, wherever and whenever. Jet2 also makes extensive use of one of the 'Apex' Beech 90s based at LBA.

PDXCWL45
24th Jun 2018, 10:51
I would not expect they would be interests in any new base that could not support a minimum of 4 aircraft at the very least.
Economies of scale.
With Cardiff and Exeter i don't think they could go in that large in the beginning 2 aircraft would be more reasonable unless they planned lot's of W pattern flights to other airports.

LFC22
24th Jun 2018, 14:35
Agree on the points about Jet2 music. They come across very cheesy at times. As a former employee of theirs in Flight Ops, I think it just feels like they try too hard to push forward a certain image of themselves. Good brand to fly with, however.

sixchannel
25th Jun 2018, 19:47
Agree on the points about Jet2 music. They come across very cheesy at times. As a former employee of theirs in Flight Ops, I think it just feels like they try too hard to push forward a certain image of themselves. Good brand to fly with, however.
I just wonder what the Focus Group was thinking when they got the idea for this tunelss tune and what "The Managment" was doing when they agreed.
Maybe Jet2 see themselves as for "Da Yoof" so its no surprise that said "Yoof" chooses Jet2 for its Stag Do's.

LAX_LHR
2nd Jul 2018, 07:25
Anybody know who Jet2 are borrowing the B767 from later in the year, and where it will be based? Assume borrowed from Titan and based at STN?

Marcus Absent
2nd Jul 2018, 09:49
767? Where has that ruour come from.

LAX_LHR
2nd Jul 2018, 10:20
It’s on CH-Aviation but behind a pay wall

canberra97
2nd Jul 2018, 18:12
767? Where has that ruour come from.

Pprune isn't always the best place for aviation related matters it's usually a place to discuss topics!

If you want to be ahead of the game and read daily updates regarding the aviation industry you need to look elsewhere as in the excellent site ch.aviation or routesonline.

Those two websites are the first that I check every morning with Pprune probably being my 5th or 6th, that just goes to show how relevant those two sites are.

LBIA
18th Jul 2018, 19:04
Jet2 have announced a series of City Breaks flights to Keflavik in Iceland departing either February or March 2019 from 5 of its UK bases: Leeds/Bradford, Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle & Birmingham.

February
Thu 07th = LS4081 – GLA 08:10 KEF 10:45 / -----------------------------------
Mon 11th = LS4081 – GLA 08:10 KEF 10:45 / LS4082 – KEF 11:45 GLA 14:15
Thu 14th = LS4083 – NCL 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4082 – KEF 11:45 GLA 14:15
Mon 18th = LS4083 – NCL 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4084 – KEF 11:45 NCL 14:25
Thu 21st = LS4085 - LBA 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4084 – KEF 11:45 NCL 14:25
Mon 25th = LS4085 - LBA 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4086 - KEF 11:45 LBA 14:25
Thu 28th = LS4087 – MAN 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4086 - KEF 11:45 LBA 14:25
March
Mon 04th = LS4087 – MAN 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4088 – KEF 11:45 MAN 14:25
Thu 07th = LS4089 - BHX 07:55 KEF 10:45 / LS4088 – KEF 11:45 MAN 14:25
Mon 11th = LS4089 - BHX 07:55 KEF 10:45 / LS4090 - KEF 11:45 BHX 14:30
Thu 14th = ----------------------------------- / LS4090 - KEF 18:15 BHX 21:00

sixchannel
18th Jul 2018, 20:07
Jet2 have announced a series of City Breaks flights to Keflavik in Iceland departing either February or March 2019 from 5 of its UK bases: Leeds/Bradford, Manchester, Glasgow, Newcastle & Birmingham.

February
Thu 07th = LS4081 – GLA 08:10 KEF 10:45 / -----------------------------------
Mon 11th = LS4081 – GLA 08:10 KEF 10:45 / LS4082 – KEF 11:45 GLA 14:15
Thu 14th = LS4083 – NCL 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4082 – KEF 11:45 GLA 14:15
Mon 18th = LS4083 – NCL 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4084 – KEF 11:45 NCL 14:25
Thu 21st = LS4085 - LBA 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4084 – KEF 11:45 NCL 14:25
Mon 25th = LS4085 - LBA 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4086 - KEF 11:45 LBA 14:25
Thu 28th = LS4087 – MAN 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4086 - KEF 11:45 LBA 14:25
March
Mon 04th = LS4087 – MAN 08:00 KEF 10:45 / LS4088 – KEF 11:45 MAN 14:25
Thu 07th = LS4089 - BHX 07:55 KEF 10:45 / LS4088 – KEF 11:45 MAN 14:25
Mon 11th = LS4089 - BHX 07:55 KEF 10:45 / LS4090 - KEF 11:45 BHX 14:30
Thu 14th = ----------------------------------- / LS4090 - KEF 18:15 BHX 21:00

Now thats tasty. I quite like the BHX-KEF March timings. But on their Citybreaks website it says all seats are sold!! Go figure that one.
Oh, and it says REYKJAVIK on the website.

awwdabaaby
18th Jul 2018, 20:45
Keflavik is the main airport for Reykjavik

sixchannel
18th Jul 2018, 20:49
Keflavik is the main airport for Reykjavik

​​​​​​Thanks for the correction.
Doesnt alter the surprising fact thatvall seats appear sold.

awwdabaaby
18th Jul 2018, 20:52
Think they all the same as Glasgow is the same, might take a day to amend it but maybe making people aware of the fact these are due to go on sale

Plane.Silly
19th Jul 2018, 06:30
A friend has told me the Seat only sales went on Wednesday, but they have to run a few things which go overnight for them to be valid for CityBreaks.

Nevertheless, caught me well off guard with this one. Is this the 'toe-in-the-water' before a full schedule?

Garstag
19th Jul 2018, 09:15
G-DRTE is now in Leeds
G-DRTF is now in Manchester

Both ready to enter service.

sixchannel
22nd Jul 2018, 11:09
Just read about how the terrible, very naughty, should be smacked on the bottom, Jet2 lease Air Tanker (aka UK Gov) A330s for "tourist" holidays.
It doesnt say what we should be doing with these unwanted aircraft instead.
Junk journalism at its finest.

crewmeal
22nd Jul 2018, 11:15
Just read about how the terrible, very naughty, should be smacked on the bottom, Jet2 lease Air Tanker (aka UK Gov) A330s for "tourist" holidays.

Well if you read all that crap in the Dail Mail what do you expect. Do you think the RAF have given TC and Jet A330's for free?

sixchannel
22nd Jul 2018, 11:50
Well if you read all that crap in the Dail Mail what do you expect. Do you think the RAF have given TC and Jet A330's for free?
Actually I came across the article via BBC rather than the Daily Liar.
I was tongue in cheek. Of course its right for Jet2 to pay for them like anyone other Lease arrangement. My point was - if they werent doing that for the "tourists" (shame on us) what WOULD they be doing? Nowt, I expect. I rather felt Jet2 were being made out to be the bad boys for daring to lease them from Gov.com rather than have them mouldering on an RAF station somewhere.
It's not as if it was NEW news either. Such is the quality of sunday journalism - most journalism probably.

Rutan16
22nd Jul 2018, 12:21
Just the silly season .The MOS has its annual story of the Cyprus division without the back ground to what resulted in the Turkish military intervention.

Also am sure the Mail along with others were somewhat supportive of the PFI when it was muted and signed off as a way of you know earning the tax payer a nice little income on the side.

MKY661
22nd Jul 2018, 15:49
Kind of old news but it appears Jet2 have seemed to have aquired most of the old T2 at ALC and they plan to turn it into a overseas Headquarters (In Spanish):
https://www.tourinews.es/destinos-turismo/espana/alicante-acogera-las-oficinas-centrales-de-jet2-en-espana_4448490_102.html

sixchannel
22nd Jul 2018, 21:08
Could this be for Brexit purposes?

inOban
22nd Jul 2018, 21:25
Possibly, but they already have a summer base there, including a 'hot spare' a/c I believe.

An increased base would of course allow them to access slots in UK airports when they are less busy. It would even allow them to offer flights to additional UK airports without opening a base there.

But of course it all depends on us not leaving the EU, at least not in any real sense.

Mr A Tis
26th Jul 2018, 13:19
CCFAIRPORT
See post No. 590

Johnny F@rt Pants
26th Jul 2018, 15:19
5 new routes and new destination

Keflavik to

Birmingham
Glasgow
Leeds
Manchester
Newcastle

All Begins Feb 19 (special flights)

Only just over a week late with that one:}

castleford tiger
28th Jul 2018, 10:15
Could someone confirm if this is correct.
LBA has a shortage of stands and airport is at full capacity early mornings for first run.

Heard JET 2 are looking at putting planes into Leeds arriving in the quiet 9/12 am slot.
Clearly these are flights in reverse and as such sleep out.

I am guess the biggest issue is the rest period for pilots is it 12 hours?

Having a crew drop into say Faro at 11.30 pm means that unless a second crew is there it cannot fly until midday.
So if you confirm its 12 hours a second crew has to be there.
Tiger

inOban
28th Jul 2018, 12:03
They already have a summer base in Alicante where crew are based for the summer. It wouldn't surprise me if they established more precisely for the reason that they can operate at less slot-constrained times.

Flying Wild
28th Jul 2018, 12:25
Could someone confirm if this is correct.
LBA has a shortage of stands and airport is at full capacity early mornings for first run.

Heard JET 2 are looking at putting planes into Leeds arriving in the quiet 9/12 am slot.
Clearly these are flights in reverse and as such sleep out.

I am guess the biggest issue is the rest period for pilots is it 12 hours?

Having a crew drop into say Faro at 11.30 pm means that unless a second crew is there it cannot fly until midday.
So if you confirm its 12 hours a second crew has to be there.
Tiger
FTLs allow for 10 hours rest in a hotel away from base as long as the preceding duty wasn't over 10 hours in which case the minimum rest would be the length of the duty period.

Johnny F@rt Pants
28th Jul 2018, 13:39
They already have a summer base in Alicante where crew are based for the summer The ALC base is a year round base, not just summer only. There is also a base in PMI which is summer only at the mo. Both of these bases operate flights in and out of the U.K. bases arriving and then departing in the quieter periods. There are also some 3 sector days from STN that see crews night stopping.

castleford tiger
28th Jul 2018, 14:22
Thank you it certainly looks as it maybe in the planning stage then. With the company now bigger in terms of value ( market cap) than tcg they just have TUI to aim for.
Still screaming for a base in the SW. Bristol ? and South Coast.

Tiger

sixchannel
28th Jul 2018, 14:45
Thank you it certainly looks as it maybe in the planning stage then. With the company now bigger in terms of value ( market cap) than tcg they just have TUI to aim for.

Tiger

Cant see Bristol having either the will or or capacity. Maybe Cardiff but are these too far south for a northern based comany and without sufficient catchment?

PDXCWL45
28th Jul 2018, 15:05
Cant see Bristol having either the will or or capacity. Maybe Cardiff but are these too far south for a northern based comany and without sufficient catchment?
Jet2 isn't really a northern company anymore and as far as catchment goes i think it depends on the size of the base. I'd be surprised if they didn't base at BRS in the future and would love it if they based at CWL.

MUFC_fan
28th Jul 2018, 18:06

Tiger

The UK market alone isn't big enough to get anywhere near the market cap. of the ridiculous size of Global TUI which is where TUI Airways really benefits.

mik3bravo
3rd Aug 2018, 21:22
Outrageous behaviour:

http://news.sky.com/story/boy-10-asked-to-prove-disability-for-jet2-flight-11459188

The employees involved should be placed on performance improvement programs and 'managed out' of the company rather sharply.

Disgusting carry on!

flybar
4th Aug 2018, 08:52
Outrageous behaviour:

http://news.sky.com/story/boy-10-asked-to-prove-disability-for-jet2-flight-11459188

The employees involved should be placed on performance improvement programs and 'managed out' of the company rather sharply.

Disgusting carry on!
Think that they may be employees of the local handling company!

paully
4th Aug 2018, 09:58
Outrageous behaviour:

Disgusting carry on!

You obviously havent had the dubious pleasures of Menzies, on behalf of Easyjet at Liverpool. As has been said handling company, at a seasonal airport and operating in different languages.

gojmc
4th Aug 2018, 10:02
You obviously havent had the dubious pleasures of Menzies, on behalf of Easyjet at Liverpool. As has been said handling company, at a seasonal airport and operating in different languages.

menzies don’t handle Easyjet at Liverpool, It’s a dedicated opetation from smart handling (swissport, previously servisair). Omniserve provide PRM assistance and have a really good reputation.

True Blue
4th Aug 2018, 17:22
I travel a lot. One thing I have noticed over the past few years is the increasing number of passengers claiming they need special assistance when it is doubtful. Like they need a wheelchair at the departure airport but not at the arrival airport where there is no sign of disability. Is their behaviour acceptable?

29Alpha
4th Aug 2018, 21:58
I travel a lot. One thing I have noticed over the past few years is the increasing number of passengers claiming they need special assistance when it is doubtful. Like they need a wheelchair at the departure airport but not at the arrival airport where there is no sign of disability. Is their behaviour acceptable?

u have to be careful about this, special assistance isnt really disability, vertigo and other medical conditions can warrant special assistance.

Ivan aromer
4th Aug 2018, 23:12
u have to be careful about this, special assistance isnt really disability, vertigo and other medical conditions can warrant special assistance.
Come on! Its people playing the system. We all do it to a greater or lesser extent. Who hasn't tried it on? Who travels with an gigantic "carry on" baggage plus a large handbag and get VERY huffy when its declined. Most of the time you get away with it. Dont you!

crewmeal
5th Aug 2018, 04:57
My guess is some wheelchairs are wider in the UK than other places hence obese people can’t fit in them so they have to waddle off the aircraft at the other end.

mik3bravo
5th Aug 2018, 08:42
Come on! Its people playing the system. We all do it to a greater or lesser extent. Who hasn't tried it on? Who travels with an gigantic "carry on" baggage plus a large handbag and get VERY huffy when its declined. Most of the time you get away with it. Dont you!

Yes, there may be very isolated circumstances where passengers abuse the special assistance requests but 9/10 of people seeking special assistance need this service for departure, arrival, flight connections.

In this specific Jet2 incident, the boy is 10 years old and he has Duchenne

The medical condition and it's effects are very obvious at age 10 and particularly if his parents went to the effort of requesting special assistance when booking with Jet2 and their booking confirmation will have been issued including special assistance requests then Jet2 have a contractual duty of care to ensure the passengers requiring special assistance needs are handled accordingly. It is Jet2's responsibility to review the passenger manifest and identify passengers presenting for boarding as requiring special assistance are provided the required assistance at the boarding gate by collaboration with the despatcher and ground handling agents. I do not accept an airline can absolve their duty of care particularly towards vulnerable passengers who have specifically requested special assistance, especially in cases where there is a medical necessity.

If the handling agent are responsible then this shouldn't have been allowed develop had the cabin manager checked to ensure special assistance passengers were on the manifest and taken direct responsibility to ensure the passenger was provided dignity and respect in the provision of services.

End of. Jet2 have questions to answer, as too does the handling partner in their processes and procedures.

FFHKG
5th Aug 2018, 09:30
Surely the Cabin Manager was at 37,000ft en route when the passenger was checking in. Just how could it be his responsibility?

paully
5th Aug 2018, 12:43
menzies don’t handle Easyjet at Liverpool, It’s a dedicated opetation from smart handling (swissport, previously servisair). Omniserve provide PRM assistance and have a really good reputation.

Apologies, typo error, meant Swissport ..still awful

flybar
5th Aug 2018, 14:07
Does any one bother to read the news article?

Jet 2 were aware of the request from the passnger but had failed to forward that information to the handling agents in Croatia.

They have held their hands up and accepted responsibility, it was an administrative mistake.

But the parents have to go running to the media. Regrettably this is becoming a regular occurrence with the disability sector of the population. 99.9% of the population would have accepted the apology.

Lee J
5th Aug 2018, 15:04
But the parents have to go running to the media. Regrettably this is becoming a regular occurrence with the disability sector of the population. 99.9% of the population would have accepted the apology.

I read the article and wondered... what is it the parents want.

Jet2 clearly made a mistake, admitted it, apologised and offered a generous gift voucher.

Parents highly offended and said its not about money... well what is it about?

They had an apology.

Airbanda
5th Aug 2018, 15:21

What on earth do you mean by the disability sector of the population?

These days with Twitter, everybody having a reasonable quality stills/movie camera on their phone it's pretty easy for the media to pick up stories and the pictures to back them up. Even if the parents did wilfully chase media coverage it's hardly behaviour unique to those with disabilities or their carers. Getting it in the public eye emphasises the message to this airline to up its game and will be a salutatory reminder to the others too.

Did Jet2 'fes up and apologise/compensate before the headlines were hit ?

I'd say the most egregious chasers of media coverage are 'wronged' motorists:

Roofer fined by London council for having a rubbish bag in his van | London - ITV News (http://www.itv.com/news/london/2018-08-03/roofer-fined-by-london-council-for-having-a-rubbish-bag-in-his-van/)

As ever the 'wronged' is in his head. He works in a field, roofing, that generates trade waste; he needs a permit.

Curious Pax
5th Aug 2018, 17:55
I read the article and wondered... what is it the parents want.

Jet2 clearly made a mistake, admitted it, apologised and offered a generous gift voucher.

Parents highly offended and said its not about money... well what is it about?

They had an apology.

Perhaps they want to try an reduce the chances of another family in a similar situation being treated like that. Recall your cynicism when politicians say ‘lessons will be learned ‘. Publicity around events like these increases the chances that they actually will be. Seems reasonable....

Lee J
5th Aug 2018, 19:10
Perhaps they want to try an reduce the chances of another family in a similar situation being treated like that. Recall your cynicism when politicians say ‘lessons will be learned ‘. Publicity around events like these increases the chances that they actually will be. Seems reasonable....

I'm not convinced, unless they weren't paid for their story.

mik3bravo
5th Aug 2018, 19:48
Basically, Jet2 need to improve and make sure a repeat occurrence never happens again. That means Jet2 need to improve their processes, procedures and human factors revolving around these sensitive matters or risk being found to potentially have processes and procedures which do not protect against passenger discriminatory behaviours which could potentially invite a legal suit against the airline plus all the negative public relations that will generate. Over to Jet2 to get on top of this matter and sort it out fast. All it takes is a couple of random mystery passengers with special assistance requests to establish if Jet2 have their house in order. I will not be surprised if that type of watchdog random effort is planned now. Time will tell.

Cloud1
5th Aug 2018, 20:52
Basically, Jet2 need to improve and make sure a repeat occurrence never happens again. That means Jet2 need to improve their processes, procedures and human factors revolving around these sensitive matters or risk being found to potentially have processes and procedures which do not protect against passenger discriminatory behaviours which could potentially invite a legal suit against the airline plus all the negative public relations that will generate. Over to Jet2 to get on top of this matter and sort it out fast. All it takes is a couple of random mystery passengers with special assistance requests to establish if Jet2 have their house in order. I will not be surprised if that type of watchdog random effort is planned now. Time will tell.

Hi there, Jet2 carry a very high number of PRMs of varying disabilities so I would suggest this is an isolated event. A review of process may be needed in this individual event but much of this relates to the handling of the situation by the handling agent. Where cultural differences and language barriers can result in miss communication I would say that no offence was intended and further training by the handling agent themselves (which I think is Split Airport actually) would be much more beneficial.

flybar
5th Aug 2018, 20:53

A mistake was made, an apology issued and a discount of £300 offered off the families next booking with Jet2. That should have been the end of the matter.

mik3bravo You clearly have an issue with low cost carriers which may be clouding the issue:-

Originally Posted by mik3bravo
People buy a cheap low cost airline ticket for £19 or something ridiculously cheap and then expect Emirates and Marriot hotel services when it goes wrong.

People need to wake up. You know what you're getting into when you buy a low cost ticket. Personally I would never use any low cost airline unless as last resort. I certainly have never and will never use any of them for holiday travels especially if you are travelling with children, yet there are people out there who do it and know full well the chances they take but are thrilled to book their Sun holiday family flights for as cheap as chips but go nuts when it goes wrong.

mik3bravo
6th Aug 2018, 07:15
A mistake was made, an apology issued and a discount of £300 offered off the families next booking with Jet2. That should have been the end of the matter.

mik3bravo You clearly have an issue with low cost carriers which may be clouding the issue:-

Wrong! I have no issue with LCA at all. You are jumping to conclusions which are your opinion but you are wrong. In this specific scenario a mistake was made, apology issued, token gesture compensation provided so all good. However, lessons learned are needed here and procedural checks examined to ensure Jet2 have the right procedures and checks in place to ensure it doesn't happen again. You seem uber sensitive to any critism. Perhaps play the ball, not the man, eh!

Plane.Silly
6th Aug 2018, 09:00
Please, Everyone, can we drop this now.

Jet2 have apologised and offered compensation (money off next booking). Out of all the UK airlines, i would imagine Jet2 would be the best suited to take this on board and learn from it. If this happened on FR/U2 for example, nothing would get done
Simple errors occur every day, and yes it's a shame they've run to the media. If only everyone else kept their problems to themselves as well.

GLAinsider
8th Aug 2018, 15:02
Outrageous behaviour:

Disgusting carry on!
A quick phone call from the Croacian handling agent to Leeds would have resolved this within half an hour.
Even if the family hadn't pre-advised of the EMD there is a procedure to accept them "on the day".
Jet2 take all reasonable steps to make sure the people representing them in airports where they do not have their own staff are trained in and follow the Jet2 procedures. If the handling agent did not do so then they must accept the bulk of the blame in this case.
It is perfectly normal practice for airlines to use third party handling and those agents have a responsibility to fully carry out their obligations to their customers i.e. the airlines.

LiamNCL
11th Aug 2018, 16:29
Whats the big deal with Jet2's new 738s ? Newcastle one of the bigger bases that just never see them. We had JZHU for about 5 days then its ended up back at LBA. Would of thought they would of been based everywhere by now.

GrahamK
11th Aug 2018, 17:21
Whats the big deal with Jet2's new 738s ? Newcastle one of the bigger bases that just never see them. We had JZHU for about 5 days then its ended up back at LBA. Would of thought they would of been based everywhere by now.
Newcastle one of the smaller bases now

nwoody2001
11th Aug 2018, 18:03
im sure this topic has been done to death but I’m just curious to know if there is any further clarity on where Jet2 goes in the future?!

with the relatively sudden and speedy expansion of bases into both BHX & STN, these new bases (equating to 23 a/c between them in 2019) will have taken a majority of the new 737NG orders resulting in the need for Jet2 to slow down the retirement of their 737-300 units. This also resulted in them leading in a/c including A330’s and A321’s.

As a BHX follower, they have grown massively from 4x a/c in 2017 to 11x a/c in 2019, but in the wake of the loss of MON, there is still tonnes of latent demand available for Jet2 to have a go at if they wanted to ...BCN, NCE, LIS, SXF, BUD to name a few. But with new aircraft orders coming to an end, what next? And when?

i appreciate the rapid growth at their new bases will slow over time, but equally I see them as a shrewd airline keen to seize opportunities. They have been a saviour to BHX! So are we looking at a 737Max order soon?

daz211
11th Aug 2018, 18:36
I can see more expansion at STN, especially as people are trying to avoid unreliable Ryanair for holiday destinations, I would say they would have no trouble at all filling another five aircraft at Stansted on a daily basis, just have to find some slots.

LiamNCL
11th Aug 2018, 19:29

Same size as GLA & EDI isnt it ? apart from GLA is all 738.

DanAir89
12th Aug 2018, 06:19

i thought the gist of the post was “why after supporting and contributing Jet2.com’s growth to where it is now do newcastle passengers not get any shinny new 738’s to travel on??? “ The aging 733’s and 757’s and their technical problems on flights from/to NCL were regularly featured in the Eveing Chronicle so the basing of some new aircraft would be ”compensation” for this!!

That said I’ve only been on older 738’s with Jet2, never had any problems and think the whole passenger experience from arriving at the airport is the best a holiday company offers.

but back to the original question is there is an internal policy that says no new 738’s to be based at NCL in the summer for more ythan a few days?🤔

SWBKCB
12th Aug 2018, 07:26
No 757's based at NCL for a few years now (despite what the Chronicle's photo editor thinks...).

It has been suggested earlier on this thread that the "new" 738's have a different spares package than the older machines, so it makes sense to concentrate them in a limited number of bases. Seems reasonable.

LiamNCL
12th Aug 2018, 08:01
Dont get me wrong the older 738s are very tidy but im a fan of the sky interior as i imagine alot of people who have been on both would agree i just thought with the amount of new 8MG models they have that they would be spread about.

DanAir89
12th Aug 2018, 08:09
No 757's based at NCL for a few years now (despite what the Chronicle's photo editor thinks...).

It has been suggested earlier on this thread that the "new" 738's have a different spares package than the older machines, so it makes sense to concentrate them in a limited number of bases. Seems reasonable.

Had seen that but it seems it’s not been a problem in the winter when they do stay at NCL!

SWBKCB
12th Aug 2018, 08:34
Dont get me wrong the older 738s are very tidy but im a fan of the sky interior as i imagine alot of people who have been on both would agree i just thought with the amount of new 8MG models they have that they would be spread about.

Why? If the new interior is such a difference this would just give an inconsistent product across the base.

LiamNCL
12th Aug 2018, 13:30
Why? If the new interior is such a difference this would just give an inconsistent product across the base.

Well it is a big difference in my opinion the sky interior is more spacious but it doesnt stop LBA GLA MAN EDI having mixed 738s and as posted above NCL is mixed in winter regardless of spares.

Dropoffcharge
12th Aug 2018, 17:31
Has been rumoured recently about expansion with a possible new base opening up in the south/south west region, as is a massive catchment area available there, as to if this is just pie in the sky who knows.

easyflyer83
12th Aug 2018, 21:43
Please, Everyone, can we drop this now.

Jet2 have apologised and offered compensation (money off next booking). Out of all the UK airlines, i would imagine Jet2 would be the best suited to take this on board and learn from it. If this happened on FR/U2 for example, nothing would get done
Simple errors occur every day, and yes it's a shame they've run to the media. If only everyone else kept their problems to themselves as well.

Based on what? Are you aware that easyJet these days has a group made up of disability experts and chaired by Lord David Blunkett no less?

castleford tiger
13th Aug 2018, 18:12
Anyone know what happened on the faro flight diverted to Bordeaux last Friday.

Not sure it was a jet 2 plane? But operating FAO LBA due in mid afternoon. 252/251?

thanks in advance

tiger

sixchannel
13th Aug 2018, 19:28
Has been rumoured recently about expansion with a possible new base opening up in the south/south west region, as is a massive catchment area available there, as to if this is just pie in the sky who knows.

IIRC the earlier concensus was that there ISN'T a sufficiently large enough catchment of potential customers to justify a Jet2 cache of aircraft at CWL, BRS or its baby sister EXT.
I had wondered (once) if BOH might be suitable but the above comment probably applies there too.
Personally, from the "north", i.e. Worcester and similar, BRS is a complete pain to get to, CWL easier (been there, done that), and EXE too far.

PDXCWL45
13th Aug 2018, 19:31
IIRC the earlier concensus was that there ISN'T a sufficiently large enough catchment of potential customers to justify a Jet2 cache of aircraft at CWL, BRS or its baby sister EXT.
I had wondered (once) if BOH might be suitable but the above comment probably applies there too.
Personally, from the "north", i.e. Worcester and similar, BRS is a complete pain to get to, CWL easier (been there, done that), and EXE too far.
Bristol is one of the richest areas in the UK! It's catchment encompasses the entire South West of the UK. I'd shocked if Jet2 didn't open up a base there in the immediate future and I'd have thought BRS would be there next base.
Any future expansion will depend upon where they can get the aircraft and the pilots to operate them

sixchannel
13th Aug 2018, 19:58
Bristol is one of the richest areas in the UK! It's catchment encompasses the entire South West of the UK. I'd shocked if Jet2 didn't open up a base there in the immediate future and I'd have thought BRS would be there next base.
Any future expansion will depend upon where they can get the aircraft and the pilots to operate them

BRS - maybe so but its a cow to get to from north of the area.

RVF750
13th Aug 2018, 20:02
The aircraft is the main issue. There are simply no more "Mid life" B738 about to buy or lease any more. The production line has effectively finished for the NG so only sold units are now being completed and mixed with Max production, much as the last classics went out the door around the first NGs. (Most of the Classics still left are of that vintage- the very last ones made). If they want more aircraft, it's got to be the Max. No choice, unless they can buy mid lifers from companies accelerating replacement of their fleets to Max.

LBIA
13th Aug 2018, 20:50
Anyone know what happened on the faro flight diverted to Bordeaux last Friday.

Not sure it was a jet 2 plane? But operating FAO LBA due in mid afternoon. 252/251?

thanks in advance

tiger

Aircraft in question was the leased Titan Airways Boeing 757-200, G-POWH. It suffered an inflight cabin pressure failure https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-leeds-45125503?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5b718c8eb3a4a506734c476c%26Leeds-bound%20Jet2%20plane%20plunged%20%2710%2C000ft%20in%20five%2 0minutes%27%26&ns_fee=0#post_5b718c8eb3a4a506734c476c

sixchannel
13th Aug 2018, 20:50
The aircraft is the main issue. There are simply no more "Mid life" B738 about to buy or lease any more. The production line has effectively finished for the NG so only sold units are now being completed and mixed with Max production, much as the last classics went out the door around the first NGs. (Most of the Classics still left are of that vintage- the very last ones made). If they want more aircraft, it's got to be the Max. No choice, unless they can buy mid lifers from companies accelerating replacement of their fleets to Max.

When Monarch went to the wall, what happened to their big order for Max's - did Boeing simply unplug it from their production schedule and everyone shuffled up a bit nearer the front of the queue - or what?

sixchannel
13th Aug 2018, 20:57
Aircraft in question was the leased Titan Airways Boeing 757-200, G-POWH. It suffered an inflight cabin pressure failure https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-leeds-45125503?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5b718c8eb3a4a506734c476c%26Leeds-bound%20Jet2%20plane%20plunged%20%2710%2C000ft%20in%20five%2 0minutes%27%26&ns_fee=0#post_5b718c8eb3a4a506734c476c

Love that expression "dropped" thousands of feet. Makes it sound like an elevator.
Rescue flight (lol) G-LSAE (757) flew MAN - BOD late Friday afternoon, then BOD - LBA getting everyone home before 10pm.
G-POWH left Bordeaux bright and early on Sunday morning 12/8 for STN not above 10k. Obviously now at the Menders.
Great recovery by Jet2.

nwoody2001
13th Aug 2018, 21:20
Jet2 clearly stated that when they posted their EOY financial result that they had no plans to open a new based within the UK for the foreseeable future and growth with be focused towards expansion of its new and existing bases!

Flying Wild
13th Aug 2018, 22:04
Jet2 clearly stated that when they posted their EOY financial result that they had no plans to open a new based within the UK for the foreseeable future and growth with be focused towards expansion of its new and existing bases!

Yes, but this is an airline/tour operator whose Executive Chairman isn’t one to miss an opportunity if one presents itself. If the conditions are right, then all could change in an instant.

shamrock7seal
14th Aug 2018, 04:37

Bristol is absolutely stunning in terms of pax and destinations - but it already has 15 easyJet based aircraft and 4 with Ryanair. Thomas Cook and TUI also base up to 7/8 aircraft at the airport so perhaps it wouldn't be a good choice for yet another bucket and spade operator? Jet2 have proven that they can effectively compete with Ryanair but the dilution effect of a sizeable Jet2 base at BRS on the other carriers based there could be dangerous for BRS and they may be cautious with a deal. The new CEO at BRS knows this all too well coming from SOU. CWL would be interesting since the airport would be hungry for them for sure. BOH is vacant.

castleford tiger
14th Aug 2018, 07:06

THANKS for that.

We seem to have issues on this TITAN plane.
I knew someone on board and it was as is standard a pretty rapid decent. Several passengers came home by train.
I found this
https://www.strayfm.com/news/local-news/2657706/some-oxygen-masks-didnt-work---terrifying-jet2-emergency-landing/

I suppose we have brought a further plane in from them to cover?
Still at peak time.

southside bobby
14th Aug 2018, 07:18
AWC B763 POWD has been ops from STN for EXS since 10.8...

Nakata77
14th Aug 2018, 08:46
Bristol is absolutely stunning in terms of pax and destinations - but it already has 15 easyJet based aircraft and 4 with Ryanair. Thomas Cook and TUI also base up to 7/8 aircraft at the airport so perhaps it wouldn't be a good choice for yet another bucket and spade operator? Jet2 have proven that they can effectively compete with Ryanair but the dilution effect of a sizeable Jet2 base at BRS on the other carriers based there could be dangerous for BRS and they may be cautious with a deal. The new CEO at BRS knows this all too well coming from SOU. CWL would be interesting since the airport would be hungry for them for sure. BOH is vacant.

Jet2 captures the North Bristol market at Birmingham. Possible a base at BRS could be good, but would see Birmingham affected.

BOH would be ideal - It competes with LGW and LHR where Jet2 have absolutely no plans and where most of the leakage occurs. It compliments STN and offers SOU catchment a close enough alternative

irishlad06
14th Aug 2018, 08:48
AWC B763 POWD has been ops from STN for EXS since 10.8...

GPOWD operates every week from STN for LS. This is always planned.

sixchannel
14th Aug 2018, 09:29
sorry - what does AWC acronym stand for?

awwdabaaby
14th Aug 2018, 09:42
Flight code for Titan

sixchannel
14th Aug 2018, 09:44
Flight code for Titan

Thank you, sir.

sixchannel
14th Aug 2018, 17:09
Jet2 captures the North Bristol market at Birmingham. Possible a base at BRS could be good, but would see Birmingham affected.

It sure does from Worcester / Gloucster area anyway.
Its quicker to get to EMA from there than BRS - lousy road infrastructure.
So normally I go BHX - FUE or EMA - FUE if their flight timings are OK. Love the 11am departure ex-EMA.

FrequentlyFlying
14th Aug 2018, 17:29
An empty BOH could well be a South/South West answer, just curious how well Jet2 utilise a base aircraft - know very little about them tbf - I see see the FR based plane in summer well used off v early and ping ponging back late 11pm - so is also part of the appeal of BOH complementing Stansted not just the parking space but also that the schedule (ATC given) is pretty much empty?

Johnny F@rt Pants
14th Aug 2018, 17:52
just curious how well Jet2 utilise a base aircraft

Jet2 generally operate 2 rotations per day, occasionally 3 rotations if the day involves short(ish) flights.

MerchantVenturer
14th Aug 2018, 18:08
You might be right about BRS's attitude towards a significant new presence such as Jet2. The previous BRS CEO said publicly that the airport's preferred choice is to grow using existing airline partners in the main. This still seems to be the strategy as the airport continues its major public consultation on its new master plan and the way forward over the next 30 years.

The airport has grown from 6.3 mppa in 2014 to a likely 8.6 mppa in 2018 using its existing airline partners, the main ones you identify. The airport's projections are 10 mppa by 2021 and 12 mppa by 2025*. Whether this can be achieved by concentrating mainly on current BRS airlines remains to be seen.

* currently the airport is restricted to 10 mppa by its planning consents but an application will be made to the local authority to have this limit raised.

sixchannel
14th Aug 2018, 20:15
Love that expression "dropped" thousands of feet. Makes it sound like an elevator.
Rescue flight (lol) G-LSAE (757) flew MAN - BOD late Friday afternoon, then BOD - LBA getting everyone home before 10pm.
G-POWH left Bordeaux bright and early on Sunday morning 12/8 for STN not above 10k. Obviously now at the Menders.
Great recovery by Jet2.

POWH currently on Air Test over Norfolk and North Sea at 36k. (@21.00)

caaardiff
14th Aug 2018, 20:33
It sure does from Worcester / Gloucster area anyway.
Its quicker to get to EMA from there than BRS - lousy road infrastructure.
So normally I go BHX - FUE or EMA - FUE if their flight timings are OK. Love the 11am departure ex-EMA.

At BRS TUI have grown from 2 757's to 2x 757's, 2 737's and 1 787 (part week). TCX have grown to 3x A321
At CWL TUI currently have 2x 737's which will increase to 3x 737's Summer 2019. TCX have 1x A320
At EXT TUI have 1x 737

I have no doubt that some from the Southwest/South Wales use BHX and probably MAN and LGW if the price is right, but if Jet2 really wanted to take on the competition in the region a BRS or CWL base would be necessary. I can't imagine they are attracting that many people from the Southwest which would affect the BHX base too much. BOH isn't really ideally placed to serve the whole of the Southwest & South Wales.
BRS is currently suffering from infrastructure issues (Stands/Gate availability) which could limit how many aircraft a new Airline could base but is growing at a rapid pace (6m pax in 2014 to nearly 8.5m currently, 15 based aircraft for EZY with talks of continued growth from them (Which TUI and Thomas Cook use for an increasing number of packages on). CWL will have a smaller share of the market but has the space to accommodate and is crying out for a new Airline that can offer both package holiday destinations and city breaks.

sixchannel
14th Aug 2018, 20:56
POWH currently on Air Test over Norfolk and North Sea at 36k. (@21.00)
Update - landed LBA 21.53.

shamrock7seal
15th Aug 2018, 06:08
caaardiff - fully agree. I think Jet2 could do with a SW base (CWL for sure or BRS if they can get a deal) and a BOH base the latter which would compliment their STN operation well as LGW is full, LHR is not a short-term option and LTN is too close to STN. BOH/SOU have a larger population than BRS when combined and could be a good base from which to draw upon central SE UK. If the fare is good enough people drive from at least 2.5hrs distance or more.

Gurnard
15th Aug 2018, 08:38
Update - landed LBA 21.53.
All better now? G-POWH back in service today LBA-Larnaca.

castleford tiger
16th Aug 2018, 06:35
I think BOD/SOU due to space is the favoured option. I will plug away at the AGM to see if they will update. Very doubtful for next summer but 2020 I think they will get a new base.
Very surprised to see passenger numbers at Bristol so much higher than LBA where JET 2 is the dominant carrier by far.
Clearly must have more stands etc ( never used it) as LBA looks pretty much up to capacity overnight and for the first wave out.
G-POWH had an uneventful flight yesterday so hopefully the issue is fixed.
For my education what are the most likely causes of loss of cabin pressure?

Tiger

shamrock7seal
16th Aug 2018, 07:20
I think BOD/SOU due to space is the favoured option. I will plug away at the AGM to see if they will update. Very doubtful for next summer but 2020 I think they will get a new base.
Very surprised to see passenger numbers at Bristol so much higher than LBA where JET 2 is the dominant carrier by far.
Clearly must have more stands etc ( never used it) as LBA looks pretty much up to capacity overnight and for the first wave out.
G-POWH had an uneventful flight yesterday so hopefully the issue is fixed.
For my education what are the most likely causes of loss of cabin pressure?

Tiger

Why doubtful next summer? Aircraft and crew shortages?

castleford tiger
16th Aug 2018, 09:29
Why doubtful next summer? Aircraft and crew shortages?

Would they not be selling them now in advance?

tiger

southside bobby
19th Aug 2018, 18:43
For the record B757 `POWH has arrived back at STN as AWC757P this evening from LBA.

A few infilling airframes for the Jet2 STN base this busy w/end too (planned or otherwise).

ETOPS
20th Aug 2018, 06:26
Any ideas how long an EU261 claim takes with Jet2? Suffered a near 4 hour delay earlier this month - peppered with some fantasy estimates from the handling agent :rolleyes:
I'm only getting automated responses from customer services and I'm loathe to involve the various flight crew I know.........

Service was LS874 from FAO to MAN 8th Aug. Original 'frame went tech and G-LSAC was positioned in from LBA to MAN leading to the long wait - didn't get to bed before 5am.

irishlad06
20th Aug 2018, 07:08
For the record B757 `POWH has arrived back at STN as AWC757P this evening from LBA.

A few infilling airframes for the Jet2 STN base this busy w/end too (planned or otherwise).

gone back for planned maintenance - was always planned.

sixchannel
20th Aug 2018, 08:00
Any ideas how long an EU261 claim takes with Jet2? Suffered a near 4 hour delay earlier this month - peppered with some fantasy estimates from the handling agent :rolleyes:
I'm only getting automated responses from customer services and I'm loathe to involve the various flight crew I know.........

Service was LS874 from FAO to MAN 8th Aug. Original 'frame went tech and G-LSAC was positioned in from LBA to MAN leading to the long wait - didn't get to bed before 5am.

Well FWIW, back in April '16 when Emirates had just started their A380 BHX-DBX flights, the shiny new aluminium overcast went tech at BHX. The resultant delay was 7.1/2 hours whilst another A380 was ferried in (from LHR I think).
I used www.resolver.co.uk to put in my Claim and got paid out the full flight cost compensation of the entire BHX-DBX-SYD as Emrates were responsible for us missing our onward connections in DBX by many hours and so a considerable delay there before we could fly on to SYD.
Its free to use and we were paid out in 8 weeks. Dont know if that's good or bad - just sayin'.
HTH

sixchannel
20th Aug 2018, 08:50
Not only would it be rude to ask the flight crew you know to get involved quite what do you expect them to achieve on your behalf?

If I was one of the right crew you knew I would have politely decline your request for help.

"Politely decline" - love the euphemism. Lol! But then again, on all my Jet2 trips so far I've never come across any crew, cabin or flight, who have been less than lovely.

ssflyer
20th Aug 2018, 09:39
[ But then again, on all my Jet2 trips so far I've never come across any crew, cabin or flight, who have been less than lovely. ]
Plus a big 1 to that...
SS

paully
20th Aug 2018, 12:55
[ But then again, on all my Jet2 trips so far I've never come across any crew, cabin or flight, who have been less than lovely. ]
Plus a big 1 to that...
SS

May I add another plus to that please

Trav a la
20th Aug 2018, 12:57

Jet2 can really dig their heels in sometime, particularly if it's a contentious claim. In your case tho this appears to be a straightforward claim due to a tec issue. If you use their website it may be quicker as not all airlines respond to Resolver. You can push Jet2 along with a Notice Before Action if they don't come back to you in a reasonable time span and follow that with MCOL if required.

I have an outstanding claim with them myself.

ETOPS
20th Aug 2018, 16:50
it be rude to ask the flight crew you know

That's why I used the word "loathe" :ugh:

Thanks Trav a la have already mentioned the relevant court cases they lost and my eagerness to pursue this.

Will let you know how I get on - but I won't be calling PM :eek:

SARF
24th Aug 2018, 12:46
Flew Jet 2 for the first time this August.. from Stansted..
9.5 out of 10. From check in onwards.

OltonPete
24th Aug 2018, 21:32
A difficult day with delays at Leeds, Manchester and to a lesser extent Newcastle with the Birmingham 9th aircraft positioning to Leeds this evening to try and help recover the schedule on LBA - ALC which got away 4hr15min late. I assume the Titan 757 has something to do with this, as it landed 15.15 at LBA and has not moved since?

However the Calvary is on its way with "HD" out of Lasham maintenance this afternoon and I assume after an air-test it landed back in Manchester this evening (3 weeks out of service) and their newest addition to the fleet is literally just airborne from Seattle BFI on delivery.

The Newcastle - Dalaman aircraft which diverted to Manchester Thursday did operate Manchester - Dalaman and then Dalaman - Newcastle tonight so another one not out of service for too long.

Hopefully all this will help get the schedules back on track.

Pete

castleford tiger
27th Aug 2018, 11:51
The titan 757 has caused a fair few problems this year. This was the one that caused several passengers to train home just about 2 weeks ago.
We also lost a 737 due into Leeds but landed Manc after needing a longer runway due to a failure on flaps.
Titan should really be providing another plane till its sorted out.
Its been grounded 3 times now in a month due to tech issues.
tiger

sixchannel
28th Aug 2018, 18:28
We also lost a 737 due into Leeds but landed Manc after needing a longer runway due to a failure of flap
tiger

That was G-GDFP, ex - Heraklion and according to The Sun etc etc was full of terrified Pax convinced they were about to die in a fiery inferno. And not even in Yorkshire either. ;-)
Now according to same junk journal it has been "withdrawn from service until the issue is resolved".
Well, no sh*t Sherlock!!

shamrock7seal
29th Aug 2018, 01:21
So is BOH 2019 or 2020? So many people 'in the know' seem to have originally been throwing about S19 and now it's changed to S20

Plane.Silly
29th Aug 2018, 12:06
So is BOH 2019 or 2020? So many people 'in the know' seem to have originally been throwing about S19 and now it's changed to S20

BOH is just wild speculation, they have enough on their plates with the 9 bases they currently have.
I'd be surprised with S20 TBH. Barring any glaring opportunities they have the jump on, i'd peg S21/S22 for ANY new base, not just BOH

SWBKCB
29th Aug 2018, 12:19

As far as I'm aware, this is the only public statement on the subject -

Speaking to TTG at the tour operator’s 2018 conference launch last week (https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/jet2holidays-to-host-2018-conference-in-turkey-14287), head of trade sales Alan Cross said.... ....after Jet2 expanded to Stansted and Birmingham last year, it was focused, for now, on ensuring that these bases achieve their full potential rather than pursuing new ones. “It was a huge thing to get in there and establish ourselves,” said Cross. “It’s our second year at these bases. A lot of our time and focus has gone on them achieving their full potential. We're busy enough with them right now rather than thinking about any further expansion or bases in the UK at this time.”

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/jet2holidays-willing-to-innovate-and-take-risks-to-deliver-public-demand-14320

castleford tiger
29th Aug 2018, 15:56
UK's Jet2 to lease in B767 capacity in 3Q18

any truth in this?

Tiger

sixchannel
29th Aug 2018, 16:08
UK's Jet2 to lease in B767 capacity in 3Q18

any truth in this?

Tiger

Jet2 are already using Titan G-POWD on some STN flights. If I were a betting betting man, and if it were true, thats where my money would go but isnt 3Q a bit late for peak traffic.

Plane.Silly
30th Aug 2018, 11:18
Might be to cover some maintenance. They do have more of their planes out during winder for maintenance/ checks. But that again, It's extra capacity, so unless they've got some amazing loads, it would be surprising if there were any truth

LBIA
30th Aug 2018, 12:00
B763, G-POWD has being operating out of STN on lease to Jet2 most weekends during July and August.

LBIA
30th Aug 2018, 16:04
The owners of The Mint Office in Leeds City Centre which houses Jet2 offices has listed the building on open market, they are looking to sell for around £45 million.
Wonder if Jet2/Dart Group might take the opportunity to snap it up themselves?

The Mint offices in Leeds hit the market for £45m | TheBusinessDesk.com (http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/2025372-mint-offices-leeds-hit-market-45m?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

sixchannel
30th Aug 2018, 16:21
The owners of The Mint Office in Leeds City Centre which houses Jet2 offices has listed the building on open market, they are looking to sell for around £45 million.
Wonder if Jet2/Dart Group might take the opportunity to snap it up themselves?

The Mint offices in Leeds hit the market for £45m TheBusinessDesk.com (http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/yorkshire/news/2025372-mint-offices-leeds-hit-market-45m?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter)

Bargain! Lol. Didnt they just shell out loadsamoney for the disused Alicante terminal block though.

sixchannel
3rd Sep 2018, 12:22
Curious is all - as at 13.10 UK time there are 2 LS880's airborne.
One is G-LSAG 757 the ALC - MAN as normal. The other is G-LSAB 757 ex-FNC, having arrived there earlier, also as LS880 from MAN as well.
Is that normal or has FR24 got duff info from somewhere? Is the ex-FNC a rescue flight for an aircraft gone tech? Just curious.

irishlad06
3rd Sep 2018, 13:17
Curious is all - as at 13.10 UK time there are 2 LS880's airborne.
One is G-LSAG 757 the ALC - MAN as normal. The other is G-LSAB 757 ex-FNC, having arrived there earlier, also as LS880 from MAN as well.
Is that normal or has FR24 got duff info from somewhere? Is the ex-FNC a rescue flight for an aircraft gone tech? Just curious.

it will be an error on flight radar - the ALC is the LS880 the FNC should be LS766

sixchannel
3rd Sep 2018, 17:33
it will be an error on flight radar - the ALC is the LS880 the FNC should be LS766

As Capt Mainwareing would say - "Stupid boys" lol

caaardiff
3rd Sep 2018, 21:28
Various articles floating around today about the major recruitment drive from Jet2. 3000 jobs to be created across the network. From what I've seen so far:
Manchester - 500 jobs
East Midlands - 200 jobs
Glasgow & Edinburgh - 300 jobs
Leeds - 350 jobs
Belfast - 50 jobs
Newcastle - 200 jobs
Birmingham - 200 jobs
Stansted - 250 jobs
Total - 2050
All of the above quoted in articles as "nearly xx jobs" or "over xx jobs"
One article quotes "over 2000 jobs for the UK" and "More than 1000 positions for Europe"

That's quite some recruitment drive, and expansion!

inOban
3rd Sep 2018, 21:34
Are all these additional posts, or are some replacements due to normal turnover?

canberra97
3rd Sep 2018, 23:21
Bargain! Lol. Didnt they just shell out loadsamoney for the disused Alicante terminal block though.

The former Terminal 2 at Alicante Airport was built in 2007 and is adjacent to the former Terminal 1. Both terminals were closed on the 24 March 2011 when the airports new terminal was completed.

There are plans to reopen the original Terminal 1 with a connection from the current terminal.

Terminal 2 is used by general aviation and will also soon be partially converted into an overseas HQ for Jet2.

Not sure about loadsamoney being shelled out but I'm under the impression that it's just office space for Jet2's new Spanish HQ at Alicante Airport rather than a dedicated terminal operation.

Plane.Silly
4th Sep 2018, 07:12
A lot of of temp summer positions. That's the way of the world now days.

I think I read it was 240 new flight deck next year, could have been a typo and could have been 140 but I was tired when I read the information and can not remember for sure.

I'd heard around 240 as well. With all the extra 738's they've been getting (the MG's and mid-life's) they're averaging around 8 per year. As well as natural loss (retirement etc...) there will be growth needed as well.
Had a cabin crew friend confirm what we all suspect; the majority are summer fixed term roles, though not all are cabin crew. There's ground staff and handling crew as well, so a broad spectrum.

irishlad06
4th Sep 2018, 11:13
There are 3 more new aircraft to be delivered GJZBP/R/S and then there are 9 x second hand midlife B738’s that go from GDRTG to GDRTO with the first one being GDRTN due into QLA in the next number of weeks.

Some me of these will replace the B733’s that will be retired this winter.

MKY661
4th Sep 2018, 13:01
There are 3 more new aircraft to be delivered GJZBP/Q/R

Would this not be G-JZBP/R/S? I thought Q was unused in the UK?

sixchannel
4th Sep 2018, 14:34
There are 3 more new aircraft to be delivered GJZBP/Q/R and then there are 9 x second hand midlife B738’s that go from GDRTG to GDRTO with the first one being GDRTN due into QLA in the next number of weeks.

Some me of these will replace the B733’s that will be retired this winter.

Are the sources for the mid-life 738s already known and shareable?
Are all the G-CELx frames being retired WFU or are any being sold on?
Doesnt that mean Jersey is then off the list once the 300s are gone - and possibly other short / restricted fields?

irishlad06
4th Sep 2018, 16:24
Would this not be G-JZBP/R/S? I thought Q was unused in the UK?

sorry yes P R and S

Flying Wild
4th Sep 2018, 17:03
Doesnt that mean Jersey is then off the list once the 300s are gone - and possibly other short / restricted fields?

Rumours of a certain middle eastern 737 operator.

Buster the Bear
4th Sep 2018, 17:18
I was told that if they can find the airframes, the total will be 110 by next summer.

southside bobby
4th Sep 2018, 17:56
In promotional releases this week Jet2 state they will be operating 96 a/c by Summer 19.

Potential capacity gaps to fill will be STN with on any recent day from Titan B763/B752/B734 & 2 x A321 all ops for Jet2.

flybar
4th Sep 2018, 18:17

There will still be some younger 733's left in the fleet which have been fitted with winglets

Flying Wild
4th Sep 2018, 20:05
I was told that if they can find the airframes, the total will be 110 by next summer.
Forget the airframes, they need the crew!!

sixchannel
4th Sep 2018, 20:57
Forget the airframes, they need the crew!!
Hence the big recruitment campaign?

Plane.Silly
5th Sep 2018, 06:47

You could cross reference the plane type with other carriers and you'd probably find a few operators they've been bought from. For examples:
G-GDFF = 737-8[5P] = Air Europa
G-GDFW = 737-8[K5] = Hapag Lloyd (TUI)
G-DRTC = 737-8[08] = Air China
Likely to be several others as well

As for the 733's, everyone thinks they're all really old, but there are still a few that are only 20-22 years old, but all these are in the G-GDF# series, so yes the G-CEL# series will be discontinued, maybe this year, maybe next year (only E/H/O/V/X/Y remain)
this means JER (and probably AMS) both from LBA will continue to be served by the 733

southside bobby
5th Sep 2018, 06:57
NAX/DY are to sell off B737NG`s as the MAX`s arrive.

nwoody2001
5th Sep 2018, 08:19
So would these additional units be acquired to cover already announced growth or would they be used to add additional growth/capacity on existing routes?

Flying Wild
5th Sep 2018, 11:44
Hence the big recruitment campaign?
they can campaign all they like, but it’s finding enough of the right crew to fill the seats. This summer it’s been evident that their campaigns haven’t met targets...

Plane.Silly
5th Sep 2018, 12:47
So would these additional units be acquired to cover already announced growth or would they be used to add additional growth/capacity on existing routes?

A bit of both. Naturally when the B733's get replaced with the B738's, there's an increase of almost 1300 seats per week, assuming 2 rotations every day
Then any extra will go into base growth. They look to be piling more into MAN/BHX/STN all the time, and maybe some more overseas in PMI/ALC
Jet2 have been growing very well and i'd be surprised to see that stop anytime soon

pabely
5th Sep 2018, 12:56
A bit of both. Naturally when the B733's get replaced with the B738's, there's an increase of almost 1300 seats per week, assuming 2 rotations every day
Then any extra will go into base growth. They look to be piling more into MAN/BHX/STN all the time, and maybe some more overseas in PMI/ALC
Jet2 have been growing very well and i'd be surprised to see that stop anytime soon
Correct me if I'm wrong, is not the final outstanding new 738 delivery Jan 19, what happens to expansion after that, or is it consolidation due to brexit?

brian_dromey
5th Sep 2018, 14:18
Correct me if I'm wrong, is not the final outstanding new 738 delivery Jan 19, what happens to expansion after that, or is it consolidation due to brexit?

I don't think its due to Brexit. I think its more to do with Boeing not offering the 738 anymore. If you want a new 737 it must be a MAX variant. Jet2 apparently got a bargain as Boeing wanted to keep the 737NG line going at full tilt until the 737MAX took over. I imagine that if Jet2 want to expand they will take 737s from the used market, as they have done even wile the new-builds arrive from Boeing, I think all the G-DRTx series have been pre-loved.

Curious Pax
6th Sep 2018, 07:58
Rumours of a certain middle eastern 737 operator.
FWIW Flight quote FlyDubai as returning 4 738s to lessors as more MAXs are delivered to them.

sixchannel
6th Sep 2018, 08:12
They'll come in handy once they've brushed the sand out of them ;-)

sixchannel
6th Sep 2018, 08:43
During an online natter last night the question was asked "wonder what happened to all the Monarch pilots?"
True the fleet was A320/321 but many will have re-trained to the 737-800 using the leased singleton based at BHX. Some, like Katie Withers (ex Easyjet before Monarch and then newly promoted Captain on Monarch A321s) will have been snapped up pronto is now FO with Virgin.
BUT, did Jet2 avail themselves of a pool of suddenly out of work Captains and FOs given their grand plans for expansion and all the new (and pre-loved) airframes coming on?
Anyone know?

Johnny F@rt Pants
6th Sep 2018, 09:54
This summer it’s been evident that their campaigns haven’t met targets

I believe that the numbers that were targeted were met, now whether the number on the target was correct is open to opinion.

Plane.Silly
6th Sep 2018, 11:17

Yes the last Brand new 737-8MG is due in January, which then concludes the order of 30.

I don't think its due to Brexit. I think its more to do with Boeing not offering the 738 anymore. If you want a new 737 it must be a MAX variant. Jet2 apparently got a bargain as Boeing wanted to keep the 737NG line going at full tilt until the 737MAX took over. I imagine that if Jet2 want to expand they will take 737s from the used market, as they have done even wile the new-builds arrive from Boeing, I think all the G-DRTx series have been pre-loved.

Agree with you here Brian. The NG's complement the 738's that Jet2 already had, so didn't make sense to mix NG's and MAX's at this stage, thats probably anywhere between 5-15 years time i would imagine. It's certainly plausible the order would have helped Boeing keep pace while the Max got up to scratch, especially when you consider Jet2 were getting upto 4 delivered per month at one point. Any discount they got would have likely reflected that.

FWIW Flight quote FlyDubai as returning 4 738s to lessors as more MAXs are delivered to them.

Jet2 have bought from lessors before, who will likely take the extra cash now to finance any MAX orders, so these could very well be in contention

Ahhh i can breathe again...

Buster the Bear
7th Sep 2018, 18:35
Norwegian have very recently sold 5 x Boeing737-800s, I did wonder if they might be bound for Jet2?

Flitefone
7th Sep 2018, 18:43
Norwegian have very recently sold 5 x Boeing737-800s, I did wonder if they might be bound for Jet2?

Not likely - newly withdrawn Norwegian 738 EI-FJG departed BOH this afternoon, now in Fly-Bondi colours, Argentina bound rather than Leeds.

FF

castleford tiger
8th Sep 2018, 13:43
Attended the AGM this week and the key points are
We are slightly above the 25% capacity increase for the year so load factor up.
A slight move back to holidays v flights maybe 51/49
The company will do 3 m holidays this year. 12m are booked each year so plenty up for grabs.
No new bases discussed but we will be flying over 100 frames next summer.

We are looking at another big order to be placed in approx. 2 years .
We are looking at the MAX or even an airbus deal when we retire the 757 fleet but that's a few years away.
Anyone out there know how many more years we can keep them going.
More discussion about PM retiring and that was a firm NO
He and Steve like being on the 4 am airport tours.

The company has a very high return rate with its customers and rolling out things like resort check in keeps the punter happy.
Taking 85 planes with 165 seats doing 2 trips a day = 28,000 x7 =196 k a week
With holidays averaging 60k over the year ( it must be 90k a week in the summer) then I can see how close to capacity we are.

I remain of the opinion the shares are undervalued and much better than TCG who are loosing customers.

Simplythebeast
8th Sep 2018, 14:24
Having issues with Jet2 and their ‘Operational Reasons’ cover all dor flight cancellations.
My Flight from LBA to Berlin was cancelled on 20th August and as a result I lost my hotel booking costs, car hire, etc etc.
I have contacted Jet2 re flight cancellation compensation and theyve not bothered replying yet. (I understand tht is normal for them).
My travel insurance claim has been rejected becauses Jet2 wont tell my insurer why the flight was cancelled, just that it was for operational reasons and my insurer says that isnt reason to pay out.
How can I find out the actual reason for the cancellation of that flight? I suspect the aircraft went tech because there were three cancellations which I believe were probably all going to be operated by the same airframe.
Any help much appreciated.

irishlad06
8th Sep 2018, 17:35

the plan is for LE, LX, LH and LV to be retired over the coming months from October onwards.

sixchannel
8th Sep 2018, 18:06
This afternoons flight with G-DRTD diverted to Toulouse, somewhat sharpish if looking at FR24.
Anyone know why? I know it probably unfair to say it but TLS seems to be favourite dropping point for in flight drunks en route to Ibiza but of course it could be that their ex - Transaero aircraft has gone tech en route.

Chesty Morgan
8th Sep 2018, 19:15
Or, more likely, a simple medical diversion.

sixchannel
8th Sep 2018, 20:41
Or, more likely, a simple medical diversion.

Possibly, but the aircraft was a long time on the ground and left TLS at 22.17 local under EXS11P bound, I guess for MAN. Never made it to IBZ. G- DRTD at cruising altitude so doesnt ''seem' to be lame..
Also G-LSAH is ex-MAN as EXS010P. Any bets on it landing at TLS in about less than an hour from now?
Can someone explain the codes and the (seemingly to me) odd behaviour of G-DRTD?
Just nosey.

sixchannel
8th Sep 2018, 21:24
Possibly, but the aircraft was a long time on the ground and left TLS at 22.17 local under EXS11P bound, I guess for MAN. Never made it to IBZ. G- DRTD at cruising altitude so doesnt ''seem' to be lame..
Also G-LSAH is ex-MAN as EXS010P. Any bets on it landing at TLS in about less than an hour from now?
Can someone explain the codes and the (seemingly to me) odd behaviour of G-DRTD?
Just nosey.

LSAH landed TLS at 23.20 local.
DRTD still en route back to UK - MAN or even LBA I wonder?

Johnny F@rt Pants
8th Sep 2018, 22:16
It was a very unpleasant medical situation that lead to DRTD diverting to TLS.

sixchannel
9th Sep 2018, 07:50
It was a very unpleasant medical situation that lead to DRTD diverting to TLS.

Thank you, Sir for the insight. Much appreciated.
I hope the person / persons involved are OK.
It just seemed odd that DRTD didnt continue on to IBZ afterwards but returned to base and a rescue plane sent out to contine their journey.
Could that have been for flght flght deck crew hours reasons?

Flightrider
9th Sep 2018, 09:03
More likely that the crew were unable and unfit to continue the duty after dealing with such a situation - it can happen. Depending on what had happened, the aircraft may also have been unfit ie requiring deep clean etc. Either or both would have resulted in a rescue aircraft needing to be sent and the original aircraft returning to base. Doesn’t happen often but it is particularly distressing for those involved when it does.

sixchannel
9th Sep 2018, 09:22
More likely that the crew were unable and unfit to continue the duty after dealing with such a situation - it can happen. Depending on what had happened, the aircraft may also have been unfit ie requiring deep clean etc. Either or both would have resulted in a rescue aircraft needing to be sent and the original aircraft returning to base. Doesn’t happen often but it is particularly distressing for those involved when it does.

I should imagine it is.
Whatever happened, DRTD went out on the Venice run at c08.00 this morning.
Thanks for the info.

Curious Pax
9th Sep 2018, 15:53
Unfortunately looks like the person involved passed away: MEN report (http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jet2-flight-manchester-airport-ibiza-15129925)

sixchannel
9th Sep 2018, 17:47
Unfortunately looks like the person involved passed away: MEN report (http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jet2-flight-manchester-airport-ibiza-15129925)

​​​​​Thank you for finding out.
How terribly sad. May his soul rest in peace. God Bless.
How traumatic for the passengers and the cabin crew who had to deal with this sad situation with their usual professionalism and compassion.
I guess flying the crew home was the caring thing to do and also the onward pax would not have had to reboard the aircraft but start 'afresh' as it were.
I assume that Jet2 has procecures in place to counsel both crew and those passengers directly affected.

compton3bravo
10th Sep 2018, 08:20
According to press reports (be careful) the passenger involved had taken something they should not have been taking. Whatever it still is very sad and a waste of a life.

LBIA
11th Sep 2018, 23:57
Due to demand Jet2 have announced that they are adding extra trips Iceland from both LBA and NCL bases in March next year.

https://www.jet2.com/News/Iceland_programme_expanded_just_weeks_after_launch/

Trav a la
12th Sep 2018, 14:41
Anyone able to throw some light on what happened to todays LS405 LBA-PFO.

It caught my attention as it broke off it's approach to MAN above me at about six miles out.

After departing LBA it performed a 180 over the north sea, then a go around at MAN before landing there. Tec problem requiring a MAN based spare aircraft perhaps?

sixchannel
12th Sep 2018, 15:45
Anyone able to throw some light on what happened to todays LS405 LBA-PFO.

It caught my attention as it broke off it's approach to MAN above me at about six miles out.

After departing LBA it performed a 180 over the north sea, then a go around at MAN before landing there. Tec problem requiring a MAN based spare aircraft perhaps?
Looks like G-JZHG broke ;-) Declared an Emergency and diverted to MAN. Manchester Evening News says it could be "hydraulics failure or trouble with an engine" Well that just about covers it.

Relacement as EXS405D with G-DRTF left MAN at 12.46 and due into PFO at 19.02 local (17.02 UK time).
Like you say, gone tech and spare aircraft available at MAN so it made sense to divert there.

UPDATE http://avherald.com/h?article=4bd97efe&opt=0
Hydraulics failure.

sixchannel
15th Sep 2018, 08:24
Currently LS869 with G-JZHG ex MAN for Faro is diverting, looking like for STN, after a swift 180 over the Brest penninsular.

scodaman
15th Sep 2018, 08:25
Currently LS869 with G-JZHG ex MAN for Faro is diverting, looking like for STN, after a swift 180 over the Brest penninsular.

Same aircraft with another diversion in last few days.

sixchannel
15th Sep 2018, 08:30
Same aircraft with another diversion in last few days.

Yes. I didnt want to point out that this aircraft was the one involved in this weeks well-publisised hydraulics failure diversion to MAN.
Maybe the same problem?

southside bobby
15th Sep 2018, 08:46
Landed normally STN 0935 with no dramas apparent on TWR freq..ie NO emergency landing or local standby mounted...taxied off R/W normally too.

irishlad06
15th Sep 2018, 10:59

medical diversion - not all diversions are for technical reasons

southside bobby
16th Sep 2018, 06:53
T`was almost certainly the case...

Hence my post yesterday AM.

STN has been used several times since EXS set up self handling accepting unfortunate medical emergencies with their a/c enroute the North.

A technical problem with an a/c & diversion would utilize probably LBA/MAN with more EXS engineering & also hopefully replacement available more quickly.

There is no "spare" at STN.

Seljuk22
16th Sep 2018, 08:18
Further STN base expansion next summer
https://www.jet2.com/News/More_Growth_at_London_Stansted/

ssflyer
16th Sep 2018, 12:54

Apparently his partner was challenged by staff after spending a lot of time in the toilet and, on leaving she had white powder around her nose.Further white powder was seen to the side of the sink.
The man then panicked and downed the rest of the "white powder" with a can of red bull and the overdose was the reason for his demise.
Two of the crew carried out CPR on him in the aisle. to no avail. The woman was arrested at TLS.
No wonder the whole of the crew were traumatised.
SS

Jetaway
16th Sep 2018, 15:38
Bit of a random one, but has anyone heard of LS taking over Thomas Cook? Heard from a source that they were considering it

PDXCWL45
16th Sep 2018, 15:49
Bit of a random one, but has anyone heard of LS taking over Thomas Cook? Heard from a source that they were considering it
Thomas Cook has said it's looking for investors into the airline so maybe Jet2 could be an option there. Jet2 could then takeover the airline part and Thomas Cook holidays could use their fights then.

daz211
16th Sep 2018, 16:40
Further STN base expansion next summer
https://www.jet2.com/News/More_Growth_at_London_Stansted/

I said this was going to happen a year and a half ago, People on here said they couldn’t see it happening.

All I can say is Summer 2020 is going to be very interesting at Stansted with Jet2 if thing go to plan.
watch this space.

southside bobby
16th Sep 2018, 19:29
Looking forward then with that 2020 "teaser"...

Agreed...lots of doubters concerning Jet2 to STN & into the LCC "lions den".

Their & STN`s growth has been nothing short of remarkable since.

Jet2 have been market makers here & MAG it is obvious were confident of the outcome too.

It appears interesting that for STN`s catchment now the Jet2 CEO refers to it as the South & Southeast...a very large market.

As with Emirates to STN,MAG too have the data/knowledge & acumen to drive their investment on.

The STN CEO has a pretty formidable record previously for growing MAN & customer airlines too hence the reasoning a while back for switching him here.

PDXCWL45
16th Sep 2018, 20:06
Looking forward then with that 2020 "teaser"...
It appears interesting that for STN`s catchment now the Jet2 CEO refers to it as the South & Southeast...a very large market.
It has to be marketed as that in a way as slots at Gatwick and Heathrow would be extremely hard to get so i wouldn't be surprised if in the long run STN becomes there biggest base.

Plane.Silly
17th Sep 2018, 06:46

This is most definitely a non starter based solely on the company's nature...
LS pride themselves on doing everything themselves. All their growth has been natural (i.e no takeovers/ mergers)
LS have the 2nd largest ATOL, leaving TCX in 3rd. LS are expected to clear over 3m pax for the financial year whereas TCX have been broadly static around 2.5m
LS have all their own in-house operations, including self handling at several of the largest bases, which in turn provides a more reliable and favoured service. Everything TCX has is outsourced where possible to 'save costs'. While this may not be too much of a logistical problem, they'd just be taking on extra dead weight in most areas.
The only airline benefits (that i can see) for LS to take over TCX is for airport slots, particularly at MAN. Operating an all Boeing fleet (the A321/A330's are all wet leased) causes pilot/ training/ warehousing issues for them so the planes would be next to useless to them (unless they sold them back to Condor)
The benefit for the Holidays Arm is the hotel portfolio to help expand their Jet2Holidays offering. Having said that, they will likely overlap on upto 90% of hotels, meaning LS would take over TCX just for around a 10% hotel expansion. Based on some of the guarantees TCX will have signed, they may not even be available for a number of years.

So in summary, i would very much question your source, I'd eat my entire wardrobe if this went ahead (a hat wouldn't be that significant)

JM926
17th Sep 2018, 10:27
This is most definitely a non starter based solely on the company's nature...
LS pride themselves on doing everything themselves. All their growth has been natural (i.e no takeovers/ mergers)
LS have the 2nd largest ATOL, leaving TCX in 3rd. LS are expected to clear over 3m pax for the financial year whereas TCX have been broadly static around 2.5m
LS have all their own in-house operations, including self handling at several of the largest bases, which in turn provides a more reliable and favoured service. Everything TCX has is outsourced where possible to 'save costs'. While this may not be too much of a logistical problem, they'd just be taking on extra dead weight in most areas.
The only airline benefits (that i can see) for LS to take over TCX is for airport slots, particularly at MAN. Operating an all Boeing fleet (the A321/A330's are all wet leased) causes pilot/ training/ warehousing issues for them so the planes would be next to useless to them (unless they sold them back to Condor)
The benefit for the Holidays Arm is the hotel portfolio to help expand their Jet2Holidays offering. Having said that, they will likely overlap on upto 90% of hotels, meaning LS would take over TCX just for around a 10% hotel expansion. Based on some of the guarantees TCX will have signed, they may not even be available for a number of years.

So in summary, i would very much question your source, I'd eat my entire wardrobe if this went ahead (a hat wouldn't be that significant)

You might well question his source, but as an employee I heard the rumour only a matter of weeks ago. Not saying there is any truth whatsoever to it-but it has been doing the rounds internally

Plane.Silly
17th Sep 2018, 11:41
You might well question his source, but as an employee I heard the rumour only a matter of weeks ago. Not saying there is any truth whatsoever to it-but it has been doing the rounds internally

Jet2 seem to be on the giving end of a lot of takeover rumours over the past few years: Tie up with Easyjet, Takeover of Monarch before going bust, now this
The price you pay when you're as successful as they are, and with organic growth i suppose.

I just don't see it happening, given that LS have pretty much come out of nowhere 15 years ago and now have a fleet of 80+, then to start a tour operator 10 years ago which is now the 2nd largest. It makes no sense that LS would want to takeover TCX, when they could just do it themselves, and probably better than the current TCX way.
As i said, the only benefits would be a slightly larger hotel portflio and Aircraft slots, which all in all probably isn't worth the gargantuan figure they'd need to pay

SWBKCB
17th Sep 2018, 11:47
If it's all the Thomas Cook group and not just the UK airline, it gives them a ready made European operation (I they want one)

azz767
17th Sep 2018, 15:49
It would also give them a foothold into long haul ops, especially in holiday terms to the home of the mouse and the Caribbean. But also a foothold into the US market if they want it, with the perfect sized a/c. Long haul is something LS have been rumoured to be looking at for a number of years

daz211
17th Sep 2018, 17:11
With the traditional summer holiday market now at saturation and winter sun destinations limited compared to the summer season, Jet2 are looking for a new market, I know Orlando and Las Vegas are holiday markets Jet2 have looked long and hard at as well as Year round city breaks to New York but the lack of suitable aircraft has been the sticking point.

The situation is now expanded to new destinations or acquire a bigger market of what we have now.

sixchannel
18th Sep 2018, 21:26
With Jet2 expanding their holiday market vigorously, i wonder if the Cape Verde Islands might be a target for the near future?
Those who know can advise if the new 800s have the range.

shamrock7seal
19th Sep 2018, 01:41
How many aircraft does Jet2 have based around its network (S19)?

Leeds Bradford - 16
Stansted - 12
Birmingham - 11
Manchester - ???
Glasgow - 7
Edinburgh - 5
Newcastle - 7
East Midlands - 7
Belfast - ???
Alicante - ???
Palma - ???