PDA

View Full Version : Jet2-5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

LBAflyer22
7th May 2019, 10:50
7th May - Still no S20 on sale from EMA/GLA and EDI. Anyone in the know, know what's going on? It's a little bit concerning that they have not released these 3 bases onto sale yet.

I remember last year STN was last and went on sale around 3rd May.

southside bobby
7th May 2019, 11:50
Post from CabinCrewe rather off beam.

Plane.Silly
8th May 2019, 10:29
7th May - Still no S20 on sale from EMA/GLA and EDI. Anyone in the know, know what's going on? It's a little bit concerning that they have not released these 3 bases onto sale yet.

I remember last year STN was last and went on sale around 3rd May.

Hold the Phone.... GLA now on sale

As for the delay, not a scooby doo

BHX5DME
8th May 2019, 10:56
Just leaving EMA & EDI as not on sale

Sharklet_321
8th May 2019, 11:11
I wouldn't be too worried about the delay in S20 flights. The majority of customers will not be booking that far in advance so a couple of months delay will not be the end of the world.

southside bobby
8th May 2019, 11:15
Memo to commercial department...

Perhaps not to employ the above poster in that particular office.Lol

Sharklet_321
8th May 2019, 11:18
Very funny...Only trying to reassure folks that you can't read into a base not being launched by a couple weeks delay in getting Summer 2020 out there. I am all for having 18 months on sale for your core network.

daz211
13th May 2019, 15:50
Nando’s anyone ?

Jet2 Becomes First UK Airline To Serve Nando's Meals Onboard - LADbible (http://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-jet2-becomes-first-uk-airline-to-serve-nandos-meals-onboard-20190513?source=facebook)

sixchannel
13th May 2019, 16:18
Nando’s anyone ?

Jet2 Becomes First UK Airline To Serve Nando's Meals Onboard - LADbible (http://www.ladbible.com/news/uk-jet2-becomes-first-uk-airline-to-serve-nandos-meals-onboard-20190513?source=facebook)
I look forward to checking out the PRICES on LS613 ex EMA tomorrow.

One of the things that bugs me about Jet2 (and there's not much apart from 'that song') is that I can book in advance an in-flight meal which is OK-ish at time of booking BUT airborne Pax can buy,on spur of the moment, a completely different set of meals that look better, probably taste better and are far better presented.
Why are they not available at time of booking?

Auxtank
13th May 2019, 16:44
Nando’s anyone ?

It just gets better and better.

strawberry Ribena
13th May 2019, 19:41
It’s not meals... it’s just houmous and pitta chips and popcorn.

sixchannel
13th May 2019, 19:44
It’s not meals... it’s just houmous and pitta chips and popcorn.
Yes, I can see that.
My comment was about the 2 levels of MEALS already available.

stewyb
14th May 2019, 12:55
Do Jet2 operate the short field performance 738? Cheers

Chesty Morgan
14th May 2019, 15:24
Do Jet2 operate the short field performance 738? Cheers
Yes, all the new new ones are SFP.

GearGoesDown..
14th May 2019, 23:56
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but can anyone based in PMI or ALC give me some information on this base? Contract type for an FO? The careers site says you get 4 soft months at PMI, is this off or just standby? And how is this looking like it will effect take home? I'm a Type rated FO and fancy a move to ALC or PMI as I have no ties in the UK and fancy a change, however I am still relatively low houred so I think PMI may be better as I believe ALC is just mainly stby? I still need to go somewhere that can provide a decent amount of hours but Would like a balance. Also, do people from the base tend to live close by? Is there much of a Jet2 community down at the Spanish bases that would be good for a bit of a social scene, or is it mainly families? `Does jet2 provide much or any assistance with the move? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

sixchannel
15th May 2019, 12:43
As Pax on this EMA - FUE we were well aware of the en route medical issue with a passenger.
I have to say "well done" to the excellent! CC who dealt with the situation calmly, caringly and professionally. Fortunately there were medical professionals as Pax to also provide on the spot diagnosis snd care until we landed and a local Paramedic came on board with kit.
I hope the passenger is OK and recovering.
Good to know we were in such good hands.
Bravo!

LBIA
17th May 2019, 18:31
Jet2 have now released summer 2020 flights from East Midlands. Over 100 weekly departures, 2x new routes to Izmir & La Rochelle, 8th based aircraft.
Also confirms that EMA base will become an all Boeing 737-800 base with the ageing Boeing 737-300's set to disappear.

https://www.jet2.com/News/On_Sale_Now!_Summer_20_Flights_and_Holidays_from_East_Midlan ds_Airport/

Plane mad 134
17th May 2019, 18:35
Only Edinburgh left to be added, Anyone in the know when it will be announced?

azz767
23rd May 2019, 11:24
Is G-VYGM in Jet2 titles like -YL or is it has it remained all white? I'd have thought with it sticking around like -YL for 3 years they'd apply some logo's to it.

harer92
23rd May 2019, 13:30
Has anyone got the S19 fleet breakdown for each base

Off Stand
23rd May 2019, 13:37
GM is liveried in the same way as GL.

BHX5DME
23rd May 2019, 13:53
has anyone got the s19 fleet breakdown for each base

BHX currently - G-DRTA, G-DRTG, G-GDFR, G-GDFV, G-GDFZ, G-JZHA, G-JZHB, G-JZHE, G-JZHF & YL-LCV

azz767
23rd May 2019, 14:25
BHX currently - G-DRTA, G-DRTG, G-GDFR, G-GDFV, G-GDFZ, G-JZHA, G-JZHB, G-JZHE, G-JZHF & YL-LCV

How is LCV running this year? I know there were many problems with it last summer so was surprised they had it back.

LBAflyer22
23rd May 2019, 15:29
How is LCV running this year? I know there were many problems with it last summer so was surprised they had it back.

I heard differently - the aircraft was fine and did it's job up to October where it hit a bird causing substantial damage that needed repair. Not Smart Lynx fault and not the fault of Jet2 either.

sixchannel
23rd May 2019, 15:42
I heard differently - the aircraft was fine and did it's job up to October where it hit a bird causing substantial damage that needed repair. Not Smart Lynx fault and not the fault of Jet2 either.
FWIW - we flew FUE - BHX on it 21/10/18 and it was in fine fettle, looked good and was on-time. It was very shortly after I think that it got clobbered - right at the end of its Contract, I believe.

LiamNCL
23rd May 2019, 15:52
Has anyone got the S19 fleet breakdown for each base

Newcastle currently 7x 738

G-JZHJ, G-JZBF, G-JZBJ, G-JZBK, G-JZBR, G-GDFW & G-DRTF

LBAflyer22
23rd May 2019, 16:29
FWIW - we flew FUE - BHX on it 21/10/18 and it was in fine fettle, looked good and was on-time. It was very shortly after I think that it got clobbered - right at the end of its Contract, I believe.

Yup that is when it happened. Flew outbound to AGP, i believe, and then went back to Lynx after it had been repaired. Believe it is with the BHX base till mid November ish.

LBIA
23rd May 2019, 16:39
LBA currently has the following 16+ based aircraft.

B737-300 = G-CELE, G-GDFB, G-GDFE, G-GDFL, G-GDFO,
B737-800 = G-GDFU, G-GDFY, G-DRTD, G-JZBI, G-JZHD, G-JZHU
B757-200 = G-LSAE, G-LSAG, G-LSAH, G-LSAI
A320-200 = ES-SAS (Leased from Smart Lynx Estonia)

sixchannel
23rd May 2019, 16:43
Thinking about aircraft getting clobbered - what's the Status of the EMA 737 that Ryanair tried to mate with?

easyboy22
23rd May 2019, 18:58
Is it sticking round for 3 years through winter as well or just summer

Johnny F@rt Pants
23rd May 2019, 20:59
what's the Status of the EMA 737 that Ryanair tried to mate with?

Back flying, out of action for a couple of days only.

sixchannel
23rd May 2019, 21:07
Back flying, out of action for a couple of days only.
Thanks. Just a Love Bite then. Lol.

Off Stand
23rd May 2019, 22:07
The A330s? There will be one staying for the next 2-3 winters, likely to be GM at the moment (although there will be some rotation as GJ, GK and GL are scheduled some hangar time in the winter).

azz767
24th May 2019, 06:51
Jethros has both GL and GM staying til nov 2022 now

easyboy22
24th May 2019, 08:19
Jethros has both GL and GM staying til nov 2022 now
that’s what I read, I take that as both staying through the winter

irishlad06
24th May 2019, 08:29
Is G-VYGM in Jet2 titles like -YL or is it has it remained all white? I'd have thought with it sticking around like -YL for 3 years they'd apply some logo's to it.

decals the same as GL. Layout inside identical.

garry8g
24th May 2019, 17:46
G-DRTI registered today according to Jethro's.
Ex Jet Airways (VT-JGF), acquired from (leased ??) First Star Aviation (ex M-ABLU).

jethro15
24th May 2019, 21:46
G-DRTI registered today according to Jethro's.
23 May was Yesterday..............:)

Gurnard
25th May 2019, 08:26
Latest acquisitions:-

Any ideas when G-DRTI & G-DRTW are due to enter service? Also any dates for further arrivals in the G-DRT- series?

chaps1954
25th May 2019, 09:09
G-DRTI was due from Shannon to Manchester yesterday but didn`t happen, therefore at a guess very soon

Ian

jethro15
25th May 2019, 21:45
G-DRTI was due from Shannon to Manchester yesterday but didn`t happen, therefore at a guess very soon
Tuesday 29th

BFS BHD
25th May 2019, 22:20
Was D-ASXR not meant to be G-DRTI? Is Jet2 still getting this one?

BasilFawlty
26th May 2019, 14:28
G-DRTI is ex. VT-JGF. Also due are D-ASXR, EI-FJG, OY-PSE and VT-SPF.

JonnyH
30th May 2019, 21:19
Anyone know the issue with G-JZBM? Operated NCL-FUE yesterday and the inbound was delayed by 24 hours. G-DRTG was sent from BHX to ferry the pax back. LS normally keen in summer season to get things moving along quickly.

SWBKCB
31st May 2019, 07:17
Anyone know the issue with G-JZBM? Operated NCL-FUE yesterday and the inbound was delayed by 24 hours. G-DRTG was sent from BHX to ferry the pax back. LS normally keen in summer season to get things moving along quickly.

Jet2 apologises after flight to Newcastle was delayed for 17 HOURS (https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/jet2-newcastle-international-airport-fuerteventura-16354505)

A spokesperson said: “Flight LS522 from Fuerteventura to Newcastle (https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/all-about/newcastle-city-centre) was delayed due to a minor fault indication.

sixchannel
31st May 2019, 17:22
Jet2 apologises after flight to Newcastle was delayed for 17 HOURS (https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/jet2-newcastle-international-airport-fuerteventura-16354505)
"Minor"? -AFAICT G-JZBM still at FUE. Can't see any flight, ferry or otherwise, since the 29th when it landed at FUE. Thats according to FR24 anyway.
UPDATE - left FUE at 22.14 tonight (31/5) as EXS047A, ALC bound, presumably to slot back into its Schedule.

WayneEGCC
31st May 2019, 19:23
G-DRTO in Flybondi livery arrived at Manchester today. This is Ex Norwegian EI-FJG

sixchannel
1st Jun 2019, 21:09
"Minor"? -AFAICT G-JZBM still at FUE. Can't see any flight, ferry or otherwise, since the 29th when it landed at FUE. Thats according to FR24 anyway.
UPDATE - left FUE at 22.14 tonight (31/5) as EXS047A, ALC bound, presumably to slot back into its Schedule.
UPDATED UPDATE - Now en route ALC - PFO to 'rescue' ? LS406 for Leeds. T/o for LA406 is 4 hrs later than planned. Lots of fed up Pax methinks.

OltonPete
1st Jun 2019, 22:07
UPDATED UPDATE - Now en route ALC - PFO to 'rescue' ? LS406 for Leeds. T/o for LA406 is 4 hrs later than planned. Lots of fed up Pax methinks.

Quite a tough week at BHX but they seem to have handled everything really well as usual.

Started I think Monday with "HB" stuck in Mahon for 24 hours requiring a 738 to be sent from Manchester to recover the schedule, then another one a couple of days later requiring a 757 to cover a flight. Saturday morning the A321 didn't operate and a 738 positioned in from Leeds which inbound might have caused an issue as 220 doesn't go into 189 and tonight FV diverted to Faro tonight on ACE-BHX which I assume was medical as it was a fairly quick turn.

Pete

Johnny F@rt Pants
1st Jun 2019, 23:07
tonight FV diverted to Faro tonight on ACE-BHX which I assume was medical as it was a fairly quick turn.

​​​​​​​Could just have been a tech stop from ACE???

garry8g
2nd Jun 2019, 06:09
Jethro’s reporting that AirTanker A330 G-VYGL has now had it’s lease extended to Nov 2025, and will be repainted into Jet2 Holidays livery this month!

OltonPete
2nd Jun 2019, 10:05
​​​​​​​Could just have been a tech stop from ACE???

Looks as if you might be right looking at the profile of the flight.

Out of interest I don't remember this happening last year when the new aircraft were based and wouldn't it make sense for all bases to have at least one or two new aircraft based if summer temperatures are an issue from Arrecife?

Or was this just a one-off aircraft related issue requiring a tech stop?

The BHX route is six a week and daily from February and it seems unusual when dealing with a 7800ft runway wouldn't it be easier to reduce the risk and leave one SFP at each UK airport for the ACE services?

Pete

ROC10
2nd Jun 2019, 10:22
Looks as if you might be right looking at the profile of the flight.

Out of interest I don't remember this happening last year when the new aircraft were based and wouldn't it make sense for all bases to have at least one or two new aircraft based if summer temperatures are an issue from Arrecife?

Or was this just a one-off aircraft related issue requiring a tech stop?

The BHX route is six a week and daily from February and it seems unusual when dealing with a 7800ft runway wouldn't it be easier to reduce the risk and leave one SFP at each UK airport for the ACE services?

Pete

I am no professional but this is all news to me – never once have I heard of any 738 requiring a tech stop on flights from ACE to the UK. I have also flown from ACE many times on 738s as far as EDI and this has never been an issue. I suspect this would be medical or due to a technical issue with this particular aircraft (I believe it was also delayed on the outbound from BHX).

OltonPete
2nd Jun 2019, 12:18
I am no professional but this is all news to me – never once have I heard of any 738 requiring a tech stop on flights from ACE to the UK. I have also flown from ACE many times on 738s as far as EDI and this has never been an issue. I suspect this would be medical or due to a technical issue with this particular aircraft (I believe it was also delayed on the outbound from BHX).

I am no professional either but if the aircraft is carrying a snag and just maybe it was a planned diversion. FR24 definitely shows this flight closer to North Africa coast than any of the previous 5 flights indicating that it might have been planned.

I was on a Dan Air 1-11 Palma - BHX and the captain warned of a tech stop at Gatwick as we were restricted to 24000 as one of the aircon packs dropped out (made it direct in the end but uncomfortable on the ears for a few seconds) but the Jet2 was at 34000 feet between ACE-FAO so nothing like that.

As for regular issues out of ACE, like you I am not aware and the temperatures are fairly even in the Canaries so it does seem unlikely and that is why I presumed it was medical. However the FR24 replay clearly shows no deviation in track or height at any point and the Jet2 website has LS1202 ACE-BHX delayed arriving BHX 01.15 and FAO-BHX LS1202 cancelled!!!!! Confused - I am :confused:

Pete

ssflyer
2nd Jun 2019, 13:17
OPete
[ LS1202 ACE-BHX delayed arriving BHX 01.15 and FAO-BHX LS1202 cancelled!!]
And school's are back tomorrow
:O

Johnny F@rt Pants
2nd Jun 2019, 15:24
I am no professional but this is all news to me – never once have I heard of any 738 requiring a tech stop on flights from ACE to the UK.

I am a professional and I have had to tech stop en route from ACE to the U.K. in the past. It isn’t common, but it does happen. ACE isn’t the longest of runways, and if you have to take off towards the hills you are take off weight restricted. This means that, with a heavy load on, and perhaps a headwind thus requiring more fuel to be carried you just can’t make it.

sixchannel
2nd Jun 2019, 16:38
I am a professional and I have had to tech stop en route from ACE to the U.K. in the past. It isn’t common, but it does happen. ACE isn’t the longest of runways, and if you have to take off towards the hills you are take off weight restricted. This means that, with a heavy load on, and perhaps a headwind thus requiring more fuel to be carried you just can’t make it.
Thanks for the professional insight, JF@P..
I guess then that FUE, only a few miles south, doesnt have that problem. (Or does it?)
Runway is a cool 1000mtrs longer and the immediate right hand bank once airborne (to avoid flying straight over the Capital, Puerto del Rosario) will take you over the sea.

Johnny F@rt Pants
3rd Jun 2019, 06:59
I guess then that FUE, only a few miles south, doesnt have that problem. (Or does it?)

​​​​​​​Correct, FUE has no such issues.

Off Stand
3rd Jun 2019, 07:57
Jethro’s reporting that AirTanker A330 G-VYGL has now had it’s lease extended to Nov 2025, and will be repainted into Jet2 Holidays livery this month!

Not sure when they'll squeeze that in as GL is flying all but one day in June and GM is everyday.

sixchannel
3rd Jun 2019, 08:14
Not sure when they'll squeeze that in as GL is flying all but one day in June and GM is everyday.
Could a 'sunrise' tail be done in a day?

garry8g
3rd Jun 2019, 08:52
Could a 'sunrise' tail be done in a day?

Blue engines, tail and winglets as well!!

sixchannel
3rd Jun 2019, 08:54
Blue engines, tail and winglets as well!!
Ah - maybe not then. 😉

BAladdy
4th Jun 2019, 00:42
Flight from all bases except EDI on sale for Summer 2020 season... anyone know when EDI flights are expected to be released?

Johnny F@rt Pants
4th Jun 2019, 17:53
I don’t think they will be long. Final negotiations have to be completed.

Plane.Silly
6th Jun 2019, 07:24
Jethro's reporting that AirTanker A330 G-VYGL has now had it’s lease extended to Nov 2025, and will be repainted into Jet2 Holidays livery this month!

I'd concur with other posts, not being done this month. My best guess if its hanging around for a few more years would be to paint it in the quieter Winter months, when they perhaps don't need all the capacity it offers.

That being said, GL is almost 5 years old, could it be coming up to a large maintenance check? Might have time to squeeze in a paint session then (whenever that is, as has been reported before, it's flying flat out until at least end of August)

Plane mad 134
14th Jun 2019, 16:54
Edinburgh now on sale for S20 with 1 new route to Izmir. Almeria and Kephalonia dropped.

Mooncrest
14th Jun 2019, 17:17
I wonder if Jet2 have the option to alter the A330 leases to 'dry' and train their own pilots to crew them rather than using the AirTanker pilots, given the length of the leases ?

Plane.Silly
17th Jun 2019, 12:53
I wonder if Jet2 have the option to alter the A330 leases to 'dry' and train their own pilots to crew them rather than using the AirTanker pilots, given the length of the leases ?

Probably not. the fact that Air Tanker is part of the RAF and that these aircraft can be recalled and refitted at 'short' notice, would be a big worry. Realistcially it's unlikely to happen, but why would Jet2 train its pilots on a completely different aircraft.
Not only is it Boeing to Airbus, but also Narrow to Wide body, that alone would be a big ask, then you'd have all the training costs to consider. At minimum, flying around 20 to 24 return sectors a week, you'd need around 10-15 F/D's equivalent, i'm sensing a 7-figure sum for this.

Can't see them going for it to be honest

mariofly12
18th Jun 2019, 20:49
Do we know where the A330s will be flying in the winter? Aren't they "too much" of seating-capacity to fill them up in winter-time? Apart from the Canaries where else would they fly?

ROC10
18th Jun 2019, 21:11
Do we know where the A330s will be flying in the winter? Aren't they "too much" of seating-capacity to fill them up in winter-time? Apart from the Canaries where else would they fly?

I was wondering the same thing. Even TUI don’t use widebodies on short/medium-haul in the winter months.

Plane.Silly
19th Jun 2019, 06:44

Currently, the A330 is operating the majority of the EWR flights between Nov-Early Jan.
Perusing the schedules, i can only see TFS and ACE, but not every day.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but from Jan-Mar i don't see any use on Monday/ Wednesday, and no use Jan- Mid feb on Tuesday/ Thursday. Only in constand use on Friday to Sunday each week

rog747
19th Jun 2019, 09:44
is the Air Tanker lease by the hour?
In which case Jet2 will only pay for what they use

gkmeech
19th Jun 2019, 10:41
A330 Voyager currently en route PMI - MAN

Plane.Silly
19th Jun 2019, 12:42
is the Air Tanker lease by the hour?
In which case Jet2 will only pay for what they use

My guess would be no. My reasoning is that during this period, (AFAIK) no other operator can use it, it's exclusive to Jet2
Then it depends on the lease terms and conditions, which could be anyone's guess outside of Jet2/ Air Tanker senior management

sixchannel
20th Jun 2019, 07:57
In view of G-CELY's double autopilot failure on climb out at LBA on the 17th, I wonder if Jet2 will now have this near 33 year old aircraft at the top of its WFU list to avoid repeat embarrassment of the G-CELI debacle?
G-CELY did a few test (and training?) runs at NQY post-repair but has not yet returned to service.

Plane.Silly
20th Jun 2019, 12:39
Given the rate of B733 phaseouts, i would guess its more a case of when, rather than if. They'll want to get as much use out of it when it does come back into service, so my eyes would be the start of the winter season.
I'd also expect a couple more B733's to go as well. Likely candidates are
G-CELE - nearly 31y
G-GDFE - 31y
G-GDFB - 27y

The rest are only 20-22y, so they'd likely stick around a bit longer

Flying Wild
20th Jun 2019, 13:43
G-CELY did a few test (and training?) runs at NQY post-repair but has not yet returned to service.

It did some circuit training at NQY, nothing more, nothing less.
It had a scheduled hangar visit yesterday. It's due to operate later today.

Fly757X
20th Jun 2019, 14:18
From what I've seen it's CELE/Y first in OCT, then FE at the start of next year. I haven't heard anything about FB however obviously as mentioned, it is the next for the chop I'd presume.

LBIA
20th Jun 2019, 22:06
Well Boeing 737-300, G-CELY is back in operational service, as its operated this evenings LS271/272 Leeds-Alicante rotation.

Plane.Silly
21st Jun 2019, 07:11
On the topic of operational service, G-LSAB (B752) had been in ALC for 6 days, positioned into LBA last night under EXS052B.
Anyone know whats going on here? The B733's in the peak season could be managed but wouldn't want to be short of a B752, with all the extra seats it holds.
I know Jet2 carry 2 B752 standbys so short term hasn't /shouldn't be an issue, but hope they get whatever it is sorted out

garry8g
21st Jun 2019, 11:18
2nd hand B737-800 G-DRTW entered into revenue service today, on the delayed LS253, Leeds to Kefalonia flight.

sixchannel
21st Jun 2019, 11:49
2nd hand B737-800 G-DRTW entered into revenue service today, on the delayed LS253, Leeds to Kefalonia flight.
2h-20 delay.
Flight slot problem or snagged prior to loading Pax in spite of 2 engineering flights 18/6 and 20/6?

renort
21st Jun 2019, 12:06
2h-20 delay.
Flight slot problem or snagged prior to loading Pax in spite of 2 engineering flights 18/6 and 20/6?
does it matter? if you were on the flight you'd have been told. If you weren't, then whats the big deal. Delays happen for all sorts of reasons.
If every 2 hour delay in the world was subject to scrutiny on a website it would need a pretty big server.

sixchannel
21st Jun 2019, 12:13
does it matter? if you were on the flight you'd have been told. If you weren't, then whats the big deal. Delays happen for all sorts of reasons.
If every 2 hour delay in the world was subject to scrutiny on a website it would need a pretty big server.
Nope - just interested.
A NEW aircraft for Jet2 after 7 months in store and paint job, and it falls at the first hurdle is all I was thinking.
BTW - I am a long time Jet2 flyer usually ex-BHX and EMA and it IS my favourite airline.

LBAflyer22
21st Jun 2019, 13:14
2h-20 delay.

None of the above.

Bang on the money.

Nope - just interested.
A NEW aircraft for Jet2 after 7 months in store and paint job, and it falls at the first hurdle is all I was thinking.
BTW - I am a long time Jet2 flyer usually ex-BHX and EMA and it IS my favourite airline.

Or got hit with a nasty slot due to the weather on its route/capacity and staffing of ATC providers. A 2 hour delay due to a slot at this time of year is very common.

P330
23rd Jun 2019, 10:16
Anyone know what happened to the Leeds Naples this morning? It appears to have diverted to Amsterdam.

sixchannel
23rd Jun 2019, 10:25
Anyone know what happened to the Leeds Naples this morning? It appears to have diverted to Amsterdam.
And LS1503 STN-DLM Escorted back to STN by the RAF (!!) due to 'seriously disruptive passenger' (sez the BBC) - Was said Pax put up against the wall and shot? How did she get to board in the first place? Flight can't have been long out of STN at turnround so must have been in a 'state' at boarding. No?

irishlad06
23rd Jun 2019, 11:19
And LS1503 STN-DLM Escorted back to STN by the RAF (!!) due to 'seriously disruptive passenger' (sez the BBC) - Was said Pax put up against the wall and shot? How did she get to board in the first place? Flight can't have been long out of STN at turnround so must have been in a 'state' at boarding. No?

if you look at the video you can clearly see that there is more than alcohol involved in this incident.

Johnny F@rt Pants
23rd Jun 2019, 11:36

How do you know it “fell at the first hurdle”? It could have been any number of reasons for a couple of hours delay - baggage delivery issues, then a missing passenger and a bag offload, which leads to a missed slot, then the new slot is another hour later, 2 hours gone, just like that. Never ASSUME.

flybar
23rd Jun 2019, 15:09
if you look at the video you can clearly see that there is more than alcohol involved in this incident.

Plenty of posts about this on 'Rumours & News' Another Disruptive Passenger

TSR2
25th Jun 2019, 17:23
Yesterdays Manchester to Lanzarote flight diverted to FUE after go around. The return flight diverted to Alicante after passing Lisbon at 34,000 feet. Any theories or maybe crew hours.

sixchannel
25th Jun 2019, 18:04
Yesterdays Manchester to Lanzarote flight diverted to FUE after go around. The return flight diverted to Alicante after passing Lisbon at 34,000 feet. Any theories or maybe crew hours.
Whatever turns out to be the case, LS892 G-GDFC arrived back at MAN at 21.11.
(My money's on crew hours)

irishlad06
26th Jun 2019, 11:49
Whatever turns out to be the case, LS892 G-GDFC arrived back at MAN at 21.11.
(My money's on crew hours)

diverted to replace the crew with a standby crew from Alicante. The original crew had already done 3 sectors so wouldn’t have had the hours to continue to the UK. Not nice for the passengers but better than a 24hour delay.

TSR2
26th Jun 2019, 18:14
Thanks Irishlad06

garry8g
27th Jun 2019, 17:55
2nd hand B737-800 G-DRTO entered into revenue service today, on LS641, East Midlands to Alicante flight and return.

jubilee
2nd Jul 2019, 11:51
Just had a flight with Jet 2, terrible experience. Only good point was it was on time.
Cabin staff went past our row without asking if we wanted any snacks or drinks, lots of recorded announcements, (Don't get that many on Ryan Air)
Children running up and down the aisle, Toilet had paper strewn over the floor.
The acoustics on this particular flight were terrible, you could here people talking many rows away, not something I have noticed on other airlines.
The screeching announcement after landing wishing everybody a happy holiday, made Ryan Airs fan fare sound delightful.

The return flight on Easy in comparison was a delight.

Jubilee

ssflyer
2nd Jul 2019, 13:17
jubilee
Exactly the opposite on 2 flights BHX/GIR
Cabin staff managed two trolley passes in a 1h 55m flight
Charming and helpful staff,no running kids and toilets were immaculate.
Acoustics fine and the flight deck were, as usual, informative. I can forgive the taped announcements,it is a holiday airline after all, and at least we don't have the FR trumpet when it arrives on time. My two flights arrived early.
My shorthaul airline of choice...
SS

sixchannel
2nd Jul 2019, 14:43
Mine too.
What flight number and date?
why are you blaming the CC for the actions of the Pax?
The kids are the responsibility of the parents. And shouldnt the kids still be in school?
No trolley service? Have you no tongue to say "you missed me"?
The CC didnt throw the toilet paper on the floor - you, the Pax did.
Noisy aircraft? Nah, dont believe it.
Give me Jet2 announcement s any day compared to Ryanair. Now theyve cut down the use of that song, the Jet2 ones are no worse than any other loco.

Johnny F@rt Pants
2nd Jul 2019, 17:24
Jubilee - sounds very uncommon to me. I have travelled with Jet2 dozens of times, I have also travelled with easyJet, Norwegian and I’m ashamed to say that I used Valdermort Airlines once. There is a clear winner and that is definitely Jet2, followed closely by easyJet then Norwegian not far ahead of Valdermort Airlines.

jubilee
2nd Jul 2019, 17:30
SS Flyer
It was a Man - Pmi flight will not give the flight No. or date don't want to have the staff getting into trouble.
Agree it is the parents who should keep their children in check, most were 3/4 years old., certainly one girl who was school age.
As for the toilet it did not look as though the cabin staff had checked it.
We did ask in the end for drinks and the guy who sat by the window had to ask for snacks.
Believe me the cabin was very noisy, the lady in charge of the cabin had the volume turn high on the system and it was a struggle
to hear what she was saying.
Don't know if it was just this particular aircraft, second hand 737-800, and we were sat in row 4.
On our return sat on row 3 with easy, just normal level of sound.

Leg room was sufficient as I am 6'3", design of the seat back on the seat in front meant my knees were not pressed
onto the seat back, so not all doom gloom.

Jubilee

Plane mad 134
5th Jul 2019, 20:38
LS634 G-JZBH from Tenerife to East Midlands has squawked 7700 and is diverting into Lisbon, does anyone know why?

JonnyH
5th Jul 2019, 20:59
LS634 G-JZBH from Tenerife to East Midlands has squawked 7700 and is diverting into Lisbon, does anyone know why?

Judging by their sudden loss of altitude, my guess would be something technical.

Flying Wild
6th Jul 2019, 00:01
Medical divert

garry8g
10th Jul 2019, 13:28
Anyone notice the smaller tail sun on G-DRTO ?

Is this a new style? Or not done correctly?

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9366347

Previous tail sun:-

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9314679

Plane.Silly
10th Jul 2019, 14:36
Anyone notice the smaller tail sun on G-DRTO ?

You got a good eye there Garry, not many people would have spotted that one
My money would be on cost saving, as they would probably go to the same people to get their planes coloured and they' keep the same stencils

sixchannel
10th Jul 2019, 14:37
Possibly just updating the company 'image'?
If that rising sun is a 'sticker' ;-) the new one might be easier and quicker, and so less expensive, to apply.
Anyone know if its paint or plastic?

garry8g
10th Jul 2019, 14:56
Think I prefer the older style of rising sun, looks more professional!

It is smaller....the rising sun doesn't go as far up the tail! (That's how I noticed the difference)

Also, there is only 5 sun ray 'tails' above the door, where as on other aircraft, there is 6! Count them for yourself.

MKY661
10th Jul 2019, 19:49
Sun is most likely decals as ones that have been delivered from Boeing did not have them applied in the US, they got them applied elsewhere

Flying Wild
10th Jul 2019, 22:41
It's painted on. Boeing won't do it at the factory as it is too similar to Allegiant Air's tailfin.

SWBKCB
11th Jul 2019, 05:57
Why would this be an issue for Boeing and nobody else? Don't remember Allegiant buying any a/c from Boeing?

Curious Pax
11th Jul 2019, 07:04
Why would this be an issue for Boeing and nobody else? Don't remember Allegiant buying any a/c from Boeing?

Not officially confirmed as far as I know, but reputedly it all stems from the 2 757s that Jet2 leased before they were delivered to Allegiant some years back which had already acquired Allegiant colours (minus titles). The Jet2 boss liked the livery, and reached an agreement with Allegiant that an adapted version could become the Jet2 Holidays livery. Part of the deal was that no Jet2 Holidays-liveried aircraft can fly in the USA, hence the basic blue/white liveries when they leave Boeing.

sixchannel
11th Jul 2019, 07:43
Not officially confirmed as far as I know, but reputedly it all stems from the 2 757s that Jet2 leased before they were delivered to Allegiant some years back which had already acquired Allegiant colours (minus titles). The Jet2 boss liked the livery, and reached an agreement with Allegiant that an adapted version could become the Jet2 Holidays livery. Part of the deal was that no Jet2 Holidays-liveried aircraft can fly in the USA, hence the basic blue/white liveries when they leave Boeing.

So maybe the 'new' smaller Sunrise puts a bit more distance between the two companies. Not that it were needed.
FWIW - I rather like the smaller one.

LiamNCL
11th Jul 2019, 08:08
First ever trip with Jet2 yesterday NCL-PMI JZHC , great service not sure how its took so long to end up on a Jet2 booking but wont be the last.

JonnyH
11th Jul 2019, 21:54
Any issues with G-VYGM? Some friends were due to fly yesterday on it, I believe, but it hasn’t operated since the 09th.

irishlad06
11th Jul 2019, 22:42
Any issues with G-VYGM? Some friends were due to fly yesterday on it, I believe, but it hasn’t operated since the 09th.
tech today. Should be flying in the morning again however program completely recovered all be it tonight’s TFS get an extra night in TFS.

Check Mags On
12th Jul 2019, 21:14
Part of the deal was that no Jet2 Holidays-liveried aircraft can fly in the USA, hence the basic blue/white liveries when they leave Boeing.

The Jet2 Holidays livery regularly flies to the USA on the B757s.
Of the five ETOPS B757 which fly to Newark four of them are in the Jet2Holidays colours.

EuroChallenger
17th Jul 2019, 16:40
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere - re the disruptive passenger. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-49017838)

sixchannel
17th Jul 2019, 17:20
Apologies if this is posted elsewhere - re the disruptive passenger. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-49017838)
I would call that a Result.
But I'd be amazed if they actually manage to get a penny of it.

Gurnard
17th Jul 2019, 17:34
At least it sends out a clear message. All the best to Jet2 in pursuing the claim. Let's hope they get something back.

castleford tiger
22nd Jul 2019, 07:07
Help/information required please.
Is there an easy way to see how many Jet2 flights are scheduled on any given day? Other than going to each airport and adding up?

Maybe aircraft flying at say a key morning period. Again is there a search facility anywhere.

Thanks in advance
Tiger

daz211
22nd Jul 2019, 08:55
You could look on FR24 and search under airline but this will only show live flights at the current time.

awwdabaaby
22nd Jul 2019, 09:41
Glasgow effectively have 14 flights a day, 7 in the morning and 7 in the afternoon, with Tuesday and Wednesday the days that have a different operation, where I think it is 6 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon (to allow maintenance i believe) on Tuesday and 7 departures in the morning and 6 in the afternoon on a Wednesday as one aircraft leaves about 10am to operate a Zante flight, returning about 8 or 9pm

LiamNCL
22nd Jul 2019, 11:45
Glasgow effectively have 14 flights a day, 7 in the morning and 7 in the afternoon, with Tuesday and Wednesday the days that have a different operation, where I think it is 6 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon (to allow maintenance i believe) on Tuesday and 7 departures in the morning and 6 in the afternoon on a Wednesday as one aircraft leaves about 10am to operate a Zante flight, returning about 8 or 9pm

Newcastle has 15x MON / 13x TUE / 13x WED / 15x THU / 15x FRI / 14x SAT & 14x SUN

inOban
22nd Jul 2019, 13:12
EDI has 12 every day except Tuesday when there are 10

irishlad06
22nd Jul 2019, 14:52
MAN has up to 41 flights daily

GAZMO
22nd Jul 2019, 17:49
BFS has 54 weekly flights - 4 based aircraft normally 8 flights per day except Wednesday (only 5). One flight by PMI based aircraft

ROC10
22nd Jul 2019, 18:46
Is there an easy way to see how many Jet2 flights are scheduled on any given day? Other than going to each airport and adding up?

Maybe aircraft flying at say a key morning period. Again is there a search facility anywhere.

Thanks in advance
Tiger

You can get this info from FR24 (which can on rare occasions be inaccurate), however I’m not sure whether or not you need to have a premium subscription.

Go onto the website (not app) and search for Jet2 (type EXS). Navigate to “Routes” and you’ll see a world map with each airport Jet2 fly from/to shown. You can click on each base and view the flights for the next seven days and count these manually.

P.S. I already typed my answer before I saw you wanted an “easy” way to do this. To my knowledge there is no such thing.

OltonPete
22nd Jul 2019, 21:25

Thanks in advance
Tiger

BHX is moving from 10 based to 11 this week but should be around 164/165 flights a week for peak season. From ROC10's FR24 prompt, Saturday is showing 26 flights which is the most they have ever had in a single day at BHX.

Pete

DjerbaDevil
23rd Jul 2019, 10:07

Thanks in advance
Tiger

"Maybe aircraft flying at say a key morning period. Again is there a search facility anywhere."

The above is possible by opening FR24 and click on the symbol on the right that looks like a mushroom. Even if you don't have a subscription, they allow you one filter. If you introduce the filter "EXS" then the only aircraft that will show on your screen are JET2 aircraft flying at whatever time you care to have a look.....

j4ckos mate
23rd Jul 2019, 11:31
Does anyone know whats happened to G-LSAJ ?
Its been delayed for 24 hours now in ZTH it was on the ls978.

thanks for the replies

LBIA
23rd Jul 2019, 11:54
Does anyone know whats happened to G-LSAJ ?
Its been delayed for 24 hours now in ZTH it was on the ls978.

thanks for the replies

Not been a good 24 hours for Jet2 as one of the MAN leased Air Tanker A332s went tech in DLM last night along with LBA based B752, G-LSAN in ACE. Sundays LS265/266 LBA-AGP-LBA was also operated 18 hours late yesterday.

j4ckos mate
23rd Jul 2019, 12:06
No doesnt sound to good,
id be interested to know the reason why though,
seems quite an old aircraft when you google the reg doesnt it

TSR2
23rd Jul 2019, 12:11
Yesterdays ACE -LBA flight landed 35 mins early.

Plane.Silly
23rd Jul 2019, 13:03
seems quite an old aircraft when you google the reg doesnt it

It's actually the 2nd youngest in the B757 fleet, at 25 years old. Only G-LSAK is younger at nearly 23 years.

All aircraft have their off days, it's always sods law it happens to the larger planes at the same time

j4ckos mate
23rd Jul 2019, 13:20
Its 29 years old according to airfleets,

Gurnard
23rd Jul 2019, 14:12
You are correct. G-LSAJ first flew on the 7th June 1990 and was delivered to Air Europe as G-BRJJ.

j4ckos mate
23rd Jul 2019, 14:23
It looks like G-lsae appeared briefly on flight radar,
and it went off again, showning ZTH-MAN,

back on again now,
i wonder if that went out as a feryy flight for them?

LBAflyer22
23rd Jul 2019, 15:47
Not been a good 24 hours for Jet2 as one of the MAN leased Air Tanker A332s went tech in DLM last night along with LBA based B752, G-LSAN in ACE. Sundays LS265/266 LBA-AGP-LBA was also operated 18 hours late yesterday.

As stated above - ACE LBA landed 35 minutes earlier.

AGP-LBA operated Sunday operated with a 2 hour 20 minute delay. All be it on a 737-300 rather then the usual 757-200. Which could answer you question why you saw "an 18 hour" delay.

irishlad06
24th Jul 2019, 00:04
Yes there have been a few tech issues this weekend and on Monday however every passenger has got to exactly where they needed to be, all be it late however a recovery plan was put into place. Other airlines would just cancel and the option would be rebook next available.

Plane.Silly
24th Jul 2019, 08:33
Just to clarify on my previous post, i may have got a bit confused,

the 25 y old aircraft was referencing G-LSAN, which i saw in the post before mine, instead of G-LSAJ

I blame the weather....

P330
24th Jul 2019, 09:30
I wonder if last night’s weather affected operations. Looks like 3 Manchester bound flights diverted into Newcastle.

LiamNCL
24th Jul 2019, 10:31
I wonder if last night’s weather affected operations. Looks like 3 Manchester bound flights diverted into Newcastle.
Plenty slack on a Wednesday , We had 3x Jet2 & 2x TUI MAN diverts last night luckily all got in before NCL was off limits.

ROC10
24th Jul 2019, 12:30
Plenty slack on a Wednesday , We had 3x Jet2 & 2x TUI MAN diverts last night luckily all got in before NCL was off limits.

Out of interest, which TUI flights were diverted? Had a look at last night’s MAN arrivals on FR24 and can’t see anything to suggest diversions to NCL.

JonnyH
24th Jul 2019, 12:45
Out of interest, which TUI flights were diverted? Had a look at last night’s MAN arrivals on FR24 and can’t see anything to suggest diversions to NCL.

BY513 (G-OBYH) and BY2259 (G-BYAY).

It’s a bit strange that the MAN-MAH flight G-CPEV went from NCL too this morning (after coming from MAN).

LiamNCL
24th Jul 2019, 13:57
BY513 (G-OBYH) and BY2259 (G-BYAY).

It’s a bit strange that the MAN-MAH flight G-CPEV went from NCL too this morning (after coming from MAN).

G-CPEV was dropping new flight crew off for OBYH 767 & BYAY 757 according to the reply on TUI thread , it then went onto Mahon as scheduled. A special shout should go to Blueline taxis who managed to get over 150 Vehicles to NCL to take MAN passengers to their final destination :ok:

24th Jul 2019, 16:29
Does anyone know what happened to G-LSAC at Menorca yesterday? It flew out there from Manchester but its return journey was very late due to "unforeseen operational reasons" and they sent a 737-800 out in its place.

24th Jul 2019, 16:45
Does anyone know what happened to G-LSAC at Menorca yesterday? There was quite a show on twitter regarding the delay to LS760

Buster the Bear
24th Jul 2019, 20:01
I was told a tale today, no idea if it is true, but Jet2 will take the younger TUI 757s when they are retired?

clipstone1
25th Jul 2019, 08:39
well they're 2000-2004 aircraft, so some are not that old.

sixchannel
25th Jul 2019, 08:48
well they're 2000-2004 aircraft, so some are not that old.
Might be a while if tales of Boing scrapping Max production become reality.

Mr @ Spotty M
25th Jul 2019, 09:00
sixchannel
Boeing have no intension of scrapping production of the Max, they may for a period halt production however.
Also my guess is Tui don't own them, so it will be up to the owners what happens to them and when it happens.

Scottie Dog
25th Jul 2019, 09:02
Yes, I read it as a temporary stoppage of the assembly line. After all if your building 40+ per month and only have finite parking space then something had to happen.

clipstone1
25th Jul 2019, 09:40
TUI own a couple of them, rest are leased. Obviously the lessor will I am sure be pleased to extend the leases for TUI or to another airlines at the right price (which is probably a better price for a passenger airline than being converted to freighters)

Gurnard
25th Jul 2019, 10:50
Second-hand B737-800s
Five more were expected prior to summer 2019 but have not arrived. Are they not required? It has been suggested that G-DRTI may be in service soon, but why has there been a delay?

SWBKCB
25th Jul 2019, 11:45
Five more were expected prior to summer 2019 but have not arrived. Are they not required? It has been suggested that G-DRTI may be in service soon, but why has there been a delay?

Supply and demand? I expect the price and availability of second hand 738's has changed a bit since those plans were made.

Johnny F@rt Pants
25th Jul 2019, 13:01
Are they not required?

Yes, but I understand that the number of standby aeroplanes has been reduced, and possibly some leases extended.

30th Jul 2019, 22:50
G-LSAC has gone tech again this time in Rhodes! I wonder what is wrong with her?

TSR2
31st Jul 2019, 12:23
What is it's destination 507021 ?

Plane.Silly
31st Jul 2019, 13:13
What is it's destination 507021 ?

Operated the LS819 MAN-RHO, then went AOG.
G-JZHH was used yesterday under LS8200 to operate the inbound sector. Delay would have been around 18hrs

G-LSAC still in RHO at the moment

sixchannel
31st Jul 2019, 13:31
"Big ends have gone".
Well it's what my Dad used to say back in the day when the car broke down.

LBIA
31st Jul 2019, 13:37
B737-300, G-GDFO was sent out yesterday to recover the RHO-MAN delay. Positioned LBA-RHO as LSS41A, Then operated RHO-MAN as LS8201 and finally re-positioned MAN-LBA as LS49A

LBIA
1st Aug 2019, 14:31
Jet2 have just announced 3 new routes to Innsbruck

BHX - INN = 1x weekly Sat (Dec 21st to Apr 11th)
STN - INN = 1x weekly Sun (Feb 9th to Apr 12th)
MAN - INN = 1x weekly Sat (Dec 21st to Apr 11th)

LiamNCL
8th Aug 2019, 11:07
G-DRTB has gained a pair of winglets over the last few weeks , leaves just FF & FJ which a dont think will get them now.

JonnyH
8th Aug 2019, 11:59
What’s the maintenance programme like for LS over the summer months? I know most airlines do base changes but it seems more common for LS than other airlines i.e aircrafts moving from NCL to LBA or swapping down in ACE/TFS so they go back to a different base.

LiamNCL
8th Aug 2019, 14:04
Jet2 move aircraft around constantly ,

JZBO did NCL-FAO-BFS on Tuesday then today did BFS-FAO-NCL.

ROC10
8th Aug 2019, 15:54
Jet2 move aircraft around constantly ,

JZBO did NCL-FAO-BFS on Tuesday then today did BFS-FAO-NCL.

Seems a bit pointless doesn’t it? I’m guessing they possibly swapped an older BFS based aircraft into NCL for some kind of maintenance before swapping it straight back.

LiamNCL
8th Aug 2019, 17:40
Seems a bit pointless doesn’t it? I’m guessing they possibly swapped an older BFS based aircraft into NCL for some kind of maintenance before swapping it straight back.

Thats what i was thinking with NCL being a bigger base that it must be to get some mainenance on a BFS aircraft.

OltonPete
13th Aug 2019, 22:15
I was just wondering if there is an update on the status of this aircraft.

Most databases agree that it appears to still be in Manchester and has never entered service.

Are Jet2 keeping this aircraft as it still shows registered to them on the CAA website G-INFO.

No doubt all has not gone to plan as it was taken in June but nothing of note has been published recently about its status (outside of Jet2).

Jet2 seemed to have coped without it although BHX sees quite a few of the G-DRT range and there has been more than one or two 757's appearing to cover tech aircraft.

Pete

techair
14th Aug 2019, 00:02
I was just wondering if there is an update on the status of this aircraft.

Most databases agree that it appears to still be in Manchester and has never entered service.

Are Jet2 keeping this aircraft as it still shows registered to them on the CAA website G-INFO.

No doubt all has not gone to plan as it was taken in June but nothing of note has been published recently about its status (outside of Jet2).

Jet2 seemed to have coped without it although BHX sees quite a few of the G-DRT range and there has been more than one or two 757's appearing to cover tech aircraft.

Pete

OP
I’m guessing that this is the aircraft that has been tucked up in the back corner of the EXS hangar @ MAN for quite some time. I saw it last week and it was still wearing a basic and very tatty JAI scheme. Hope this helps.

OltonPete
15th Aug 2019, 19:12
OP
I’m guessing that this is the aircraft that has been tucked up in the back corner of the EXS hangar @ MAN for quite some time. I saw it last week and it was still wearing a basic and very tatty JAI scheme. Hope this helps.

Cheers for the info just wondered if there had been a change of mind but I assume there is a major issue as 2 months on the ground in peak time is not what would have been anticipated.

They could have done with it today as the BHX schedule has been disrupted and I think a first for Jet2 at BHX with an overnight delay on an outbound. This afternoons Antalya is now due out 09.45 in the morning, plus this afternoons Malaga is running 3 hours late after the aircraft needed an air-test over the North Sea and as for YL-LCV! It went to Rome (with a friend) around 4 hours late alongside B733 G-GDFK which positioned in from Leeds. Rumour has it a slide was blown on the A321 and thus reduced capacity - both aircraft have returned successfully. Quite a day

Pete

chaps1954
15th Aug 2019, 21:10
Hi Pete
I can`t remember where I read it but I am sure I saw that it was due to be in hangar for 13 weeks so obviously something
major was due to be done and I guess when that is finished it will be painted

LiamNCL
15th Aug 2019, 22:36
G-JZBO has been out of action a few days aswell it positioned NCL-SNN a few days ago.

irishlad06
16th Aug 2019, 22:33
Hi Pete
I can`t remember where I read it but I am sure I saw that it was due to be in hangar for 13 weeks so obviously something
major was due to be done and I guess when that is finished it will be painted

GDRTI has always been planned for this length of maintenance. There are a lot more records to build due to were the aircraft has come from (non EASA) and if it come with a full “service history” just like a car. It is also having a major c check while in the hangar. It is currently planned to come out around 5th sept and go for painting.

irishlad06
16th Aug 2019, 22:33
G-JZBO has been out of action a few days aswell it positioned NCL-SNN a few days ago.

should be back to NCL tomorrow evening all being well.

OltonPete
17th Aug 2019, 08:55
GDRTI has always been planned for this length of maintenance. There are a lot more records to build due to were the aircraft has come from (non EASA) and if it come with a full “service history” just like a car. It is also having a major c check while in the hangar. It is currently planned to come out around 5th sept and go for painting.

Cheers both - If it was never planned for high summer they have coped remarkably well even with the problems encountered this week, as everything at the BHX base seems to be back on track. Not sure if all the Antalya pax got back to BHX as a 738 landed yesterday evening and BHX arrivals indicated a second aircraft 05.00 this morning. They did put two aircraft on the Rome to get all the A321 home which I have to say is going that extra mile to get your pax back.

Indications thus far although the 11th based aircraft at BHX was high-season only it seems it might stay and some flights re-timed to give a more relaxed schedule utilising the 11th aircraft.

Very impressive airline I have to say when it comes to schedule recovery.

Pete

sixchannel
17th Aug 2019, 14:58
- - I guess when that is finished it will be painted
Probably with creosote. Thats what I did last time I bought a shed.

chaps1954
17th Aug 2019, 15:05
When it comes out it will be as good as new Sixchannel and you won`t be able to tell the difference between that and a brand new machine

Ian

2Para
17th Aug 2019, 15:13
Just the log book with thousands of landings and take offs lol

sixchannel
17th Aug 2019, 15:20
When it comes out it will be as good as new Sixchannel and you won`t be able to tell the difference between that and a brand new machine

Ian
I know dat. I was trying to be a bit humorous on a slow Saturday.
Our last flight EMA-FUE (can't find my notes at the moment) was on a recently refurbed Jet2 acquisition. It looked brand new and performed perfectly as expected.

Chesty Morgan
17th Aug 2019, 15:29
Just the log book with thousands of landings and take offs lol
Completely unlike most other aircraft flying around hey.

2Para
17th Aug 2019, 20:34
Completely unlike most other aircraft flying around hey.
✊✊💦 theres always one isnt there......

Chesty Morgan
18th Aug 2019, 03:00
Yes, there is.

jonnyrobbo
20th Aug 2019, 08:56
I see leased Titan aircraft G-POWN has been out of action for some while, does anyone know whats up with her?

L1649
20th Aug 2019, 17:06
She is currently awaiting a replacement engine due to birdstrike damage.

Mr A Tis
26th Aug 2019, 15:32
Would appear a Jet2 diverted to Porto today with unwell pilot. Reported unable to clear runway, so presumably the Captain.
hopefully a speedy recovery & best wishes from Ppruners.
Jet2 Plane Diverted After Medical Situation On-Board - LADbible (http://www.ladbible.com/news/news-jet2-plane-diverted-after-medical-situation-on-board-20190826)

Johnny F@rt Pants
26th Aug 2019, 17:54
Replacement crew and aeroplane already in OPO to get the passengers to Madeira ASAP.

Well done to all concerned.

Gurnard
26th Aug 2019, 19:59
Replacement a/c was G-LSAJ but LS765D continued in G-LSAC. Any ideas why G-LSAJ was not used?

Flightrider
26th Aug 2019, 20:17
Between enquiries like this and the TUI thread in latter days (with the focus on why one 737 hasn’t flown for a few days), this board is showing an increasingly firm grasp on the non-essentials. Someone has had an incap or near incap event today which may well result in the individual concerned being unable to fly for a period of time. And here we are querying why one aircraft flew and another didn’t. It’s unreal. Can we banish this to Spectators Balcony?

PS - I hope the individual concerned is ok.
PPS - well done to Jet2 on speedy recovery of a situation in which no airline would ever wish to find itself.

Flying Wild
26th Aug 2019, 20:17
Replacement a/c was G-LSAJ but LS765D continued in G-LSAC. Any ideas why G-LSAJ was not used?

Bags already on the aircraft. Why spend additional time cross decking bags when it's just the crew who need to swap across?

Gurnard
26th Aug 2019, 20:54
Between enquiries like this and the TUI thread in latter days (with the focus on why one 737 hasn’t flown for a few days), this board is showing an increasingly firm grasp on the non-essentials. Someone has had an incap or near incap event today which may well result in the individual concerned being unable to fly for a period of time. And here we are querying why one aircraft flew and another didn’t. It’s unreal. Can we banish this to Spectators Balcony?

PS - I hope the individual concerned is ok.
PPS - well done to Jet2 on speedy recovery of a situation in which no airline would ever wish to find itself.
No offence intended whatever. The previous two comments expressed my personal thoughts, so I did not wish to be repetitive. For clarity, however, may I endorse your PS and PPS?
Yes, first and foremost we wish the captain a speedy recovery.
Secondly, Jet2 have excelled again in reacting quickly.

LiamNCL
26th Aug 2019, 21:27
As reported LSAJ simply flew the crew out to operate OPO-FNC

sixchannel
26th Aug 2019, 21:28
As reported LSAJ simply flew the crew out to operate OPO-FNC
IMHO that's serious Customer Service.

LiamNCL
26th Aug 2019, 21:40
IMHO that's serious Customer Service.

Jet2 are great and never shy away from doing all they can to keep the operation moving , LSAC just landed in FNC and LSAJ is enroute back to MAN :ok:

Twiglet1
27th Aug 2019, 16:28
You have to give credit to Jet 2 - they really do above and beyond to get their punters to destination.
Hope the Crew member is ok. When I worked at Airtours 2 Cabin Crew went sick in Sydney so I bagged a crew member who was on his hols.

Wookey
10th Sep 2019, 09:19
Flew Jet2 yesterday for the first time and not being a fan of low cost airlines, I feared the worst. However, apart from the fact that I personally didnt find the seats particularly comfortable, I had one of the best airline experiences I have ever had. Before retirement I flew very regularly but over the last couple of years only around 6 round trips a year, mix of long and short haul. I know things change, but our ‘legacy’ carrier could learn a lot by adopting a similar ‘ customer comes first’ attitude.
Well done Jet2 !!��

sixchannel
10th Sep 2019, 09:53
Flew Jet2 yesterday for the first time and not being a fan of low cost airlines, I feared the worst. However, apart from the fact that I personally didnt find the seats particularly comfortable, I had one of the best airline experiences I have ever had. Before retirement I flew very regularly but over the last couple of years only around 6 round trips a year, mix of long and short haul. I know things change, but our ‘legacy’ carrier could learn a lot by adopting a similar ‘ customer comes first’ attitude.
Well done Jet2 !!��
We do 3 return trips a year with Jet2 who've never failed to impress.
Sure, the seats (recaro?) are thinly padded probably to help with legroom, although and the pitch seems quite generous surprisingly, you do get a numb bum after 4hrs to the Canaries. Small price to pay otherwise we really enjoy the flights.

Matty Rich 83
10th Sep 2019, 19:26
I’m off to Cyprus (larnaca) with them on Monday, there’s a party of us going for a wedding, adults and kids so looking forward to their customer service, as I hear many good things about them. We have booked a package holiday with them, so they’ll be “with us” throughout the week.

I’m 5’11” and flew BA last Friday an A320 in row 25, my knees were grinding against the seat in front! Luckily I was the only passenger sat in the row, otherwise I would be claiming for DVT!

2Para
10th Sep 2019, 20:23
I’m off to Cyprus (larnaca) with them on Monday, there’s a party of us going for a wedding, adults and kids so looking forward to their customer service, as I hear many good things about them. We have booked a package holiday with them, so they’ll be “with us” throughout the week.

I’m 5’11” and flew BA last Friday an A320 in row 25, my knees were grinding against the seat in front! Luckily I was the only passenger sat in the row, otherwise I would be claiming for DVT!
dont be a dick matty, im 6'1'' and sat comfortably in a ba a319 the other day, its all about posture friend, you sit in a seat, not slouch in it.

Matty Rich 83
11th Sep 2019, 05:46
dont be a dick matty, im 6'1'' and sat comfortably in a ba a319 the other day, its all about posture friend, you sit in a seat, not slouch in it.

Haha loving your vocabulary :)
I certainly wasn’t slouching, I am office based so this “dick” knows perfectly how to sit properly!
I have flown on both A319 & A320 this year and noticed that the A319 has more legroom...this particular A320 was 5 years old so I assumed it had a different pitch than the older A319’s.

HH6702
11th Sep 2019, 07:28
Winter 2020/2021 now on sale

rog747
11th Sep 2019, 07:42
Jet2 have a great reputation and fast growing passenger loyalty - They are doing very well out of STN in the South - I just wished they would start flights and holidays out of their ''spiritual home'' of Bournemouth and kick the incumbent to the kerb...

As for BA economy short haul leg room - We all know how shocking it has become and even worse on their new Neo fleet in some respects. The last row is appalling.
You may still be lucky and get an older config where the leg room is better down as far as the E/Exits (The movable Club Europe cabin that had 34'' pitch) but most of the fleet are having or had new slim seats fitted and pitch is much less throughout.
As for Club Europe - you get the luck of the empty middle seat, but unless you can grab row 1 (or the exit rows if there is a big Club load) for legroom and space then it is gruesome for the money.

sixchannel
11th Sep 2019, 08:13
We have given up trying to bag the front row RHS (1DEF or 2DEF depending on aircraft) when we book even though it has enormous legroom and we now go for the row behind.
The seats don't have the pull up and out 'tray' a la the front seats on their rental A320s but a wobbly plug-in thing thats neither use nor ornament. Its so c---p to use with the onboard meals that we stopped ordering them.
Worse is that because the Loos are right next door, handy in one way, the queuing Pax use your space to queue jnto.
The legroom behind that Row is still very acceptable and IIRC cheaper.
Just my two penn'orth.

DjerbaDevil
11th Sep 2019, 15:46

Larnaca is a long 5 hour flight and the slim line seats, that allow incredible leg room, may disappoint you by the time you land at your destination. Perhaps a visit to your local budget shop and buying some econmical blow up pillows for the family and friends to take on board in the hand luggage would be advisable and would contribute to your added comfort. For shorter persons the edge of the seats can cause discomfort in the back of the legs behind the knees and to avoid the legs going numb, it would be a good idea to place your hand luggage below the seat in front of you and use it to rest your feet on top. This makes for a much more comfortable sitting position.

May you enjoy the trip and the JET2 experience.....

tczulu
11th Sep 2019, 16:36
We use Jet 2 from Stansted to Larnaca a lot. Flight timings after the summer tho are complete ****e . Requires an hotel stay before and after for our travel arrangements.Good airline though!

Matty Rich 83
11th Sep 2019, 18:55
Larnaca is a long 5 hour flight and the slim line seats, that allow incredible leg room, may disappoint you by the time you land at your destination. Perhaps a visit to your local budget shop and buying some econmical blow up pillows for the family and friends to take on board in the hand luggage would be advisable and would contribute to your added comfort. For shorter persons the edge of the seats can cause discomfort in the back of the legs behind the knees and to avoid the legs going numb, it would be a good idea to place your hand luggage below the seat in front of you and use it to rest your feet on top. This makes for a much more comfortable sitting position.

May you enjoy the trip and the JET2 experience.....

Thanks for the kind advice, well noted.
I still haven’t packed properly so the neck support and pillow are now on my list!
I am used to flying but the kids aren’t, i’m sure the iPads can cure that :)
Thanks again 👍

Matty Rich 83
11th Sep 2019, 18:56
We use Jet 2 from Stansted to Larnaca a lot. Flight timings after the summer tho are complete ****e . Requires an hotel stay before and after for our travel arrangements.Good airline though!

They are coming back for us with kids at 3 and 8, not looking forward to landing at 2am! Thankfully we are off work that day!

chrism20
11th Sep 2019, 20:42
They are coming back for us with kids at 3 and 8, not looking forward to landing at 2am! Thankfully we are off work that day!

If you have booked a package with J2 and the hotel you are going to does the resort flight check-in service I seriously recommend using it particularly with those flight times and kids. On the day you fly they come and take your bags at the hotel in the morning and print your boarding passes etc. Your bags are taken to the airport for you and the next time you see them is back in the UK.

It makes the timings that little bit more tolerable and also removes the stress of standing in the queue at the airport to check-in as when you get there you just go straight through to security as the bags etc are already gone.

DjerbaDevil
12th Sep 2019, 11:27
Thanks for the kind advice, well noted.
I still haven’t packed properly so the neck support and pillow are now on my list!
I am used to flying but the kids aren’t, i’m sure the iPads can cure that :)
Thanks again 👍

Happy to assist. Bear in mind the hand luggage foot rests and apart from i-pads, maybe a good reading book would also help......

sixchannel
12th Sep 2019, 18:33
G-DRTI registering on FR24 at MAN. Looks like its located at the hangars.
Switched on for systems checks prior to test flights?
Update anyone?

Gurnard
13th Sep 2019, 17:15
G-DRTI registering on FR24 at MAN. Looks like its located at the hangars.
Switched on for systems checks prior to test flights?
Update anyone?
It's been "live" again today. If you look back to the 16th August comment, it was due to go for painting a week ago. Evidently maintenance is taking longer than was anticipated.

irishlad06
14th Sep 2019, 02:37
It's been "live" again today. If you look back to the 16th August comment, it was due to go for painting a week ago. Evidently maintenance is taking longer than was anticipated.

apparently it has run over by a few weeks - due out of the hangar and to go on its first check flight on the 20th sept is the current estimate.

Gurnard
14th Sep 2019, 07:41
Thanks for that.

Plane.Silly
17th Sep 2019, 06:21
https://www.jet2.com/News/Boost_for_Canary_Islands_as_Jet2_com_and_Jet2holidays_adds_c apacity_from_Leeds_Bradford_Airport/

A nice little boost of late capacity, good to see Jet2 showing confidence in the market

slfsteve
19th Sep 2019, 16:30
Thumbs up from me for Jet2, we arrived at Birmingham for a flight to Majorca on Sunday to find it was already delayed by 30 minutes. Nothing new there looking at the departures for the past few weeks. We were due to leave on a 321 which we could see from the terminal, but nothing was around it, then a 757 taxis in, knowing they don’t usually operate from Birmingham I had a quick look at where it had come from ~ Leeds, by 9.40we were in the air, yes a delay of 1hr 15 minutes but on the face of it they had made the decision to move an aircraft before we were due to check in.

i still hate the seats though and the cheese and ham toasty should be toasted both sides

Flying Wild
19th Sep 2019, 17:48
Jet2.com triumphs at the prestigious TTG Travel Awards (https://www.jet2.com/News/Jet2_com_triumphs_at_the_prestigious_TTG_Travel_Awards/)

Jet2.com was crowned Airline of the Year at Monday night’s prestigious TTG Travel Awards.

Auxtank
19th Sep 2019, 18:01
Jet2.com triumphs at the prestigious TTG Travel Awards (https://www.jet2.com/News/Jet2_com_triumphs_at_the_prestigious_TTG_Travel_Awards/)

Jet2.com was crowned Airline of the Year at Monday night’s prestigious TTG Travel Awards.

And I'm not surprised.
We've had pilots, CC, office guys and girls not to mention pax chiming in here on this thread and others about Jet2 and they all speak highly of a progressive airline who have ALL their people (pax and employees) at the heart of their operation.
Well done! Sky's the limit.

Ivan aromer
20th Sep 2019, 14:11
Don't mention "Staff Travel" or "profit share" to Phillip though!

Johnny F@rt Pants
20th Sep 2019, 16:28
Why not Ivan?

Ivan aromer
20th Sep 2019, 18:31
Why not Ivan?
Jono you really need to ask?

redED
20th Sep 2019, 22:26

Profit share sounded decent to me. Surely it should be Alex Cruz you don’t mention profit share to?

Johnny F@rt Pants
20th Sep 2019, 22:33

I take it you didn’t hear about our nice profit share recently??

I know where you’re coming from re staff travel, it no longer works but you can certainly mention it to Phillip.

castleford tiger
21st Sep 2019, 06:48
Thumbs up from me for Jet2, we arrived at Birmingham for a flight to Majorca on Sunday to find it was already delayed by 30 minutes. Nothing new there looking at the departures for the past few weeks. We were due to leave on a 321 which we could see from the terminal, but nothing was around it, then a 757 taxis in, knowing they don’t usually operate from Birmingham I had a quick look at where it had come from ~ Leeds, by 9.40we were in the air, yes a delay of 1hr 15 minutes but on the face of it they had made the decision to move an aircraft before we were due to check in.

i still hate the seats though and the cheese and ham toasty should be toasted both sides
The 321 has been a problem for us this year. Good on them to get a spare 757 there to sort the situation.

Odins Raven
22nd Sep 2019, 12:17
Don't mention "Staff Travel" or "profit share" to Phillip though!

It has been mentioned to the man at the top.

Staff Travel: Any spare seats the company will attempt to shift as a late deal package. Understandable that there's no real discount on the packages for staff. With regards to standby tickets I personally feel that any seats remaining when check-in closes could be given to staff at a cheap rate... However, the big boss is worried that staff will take a flight out and chance seats being available on the way back - if they're not available potentially the crew will miss being back in time for work. That's up to the crew of course but I can understand the concern. Doubt it will change anytime soon.

Profit Share: 8% of basic salary for non-incentivised staff this year. Next year probably less.

irishlad06
22nd Sep 2019, 12:25
It has been mentioned to the man at the top.

Staff Travel: Any spare seats the company will attempt to shift as a late deal package. Understandable that there's no real discount on the packages for staff. With regards to standby tickets I personally feel that any seats remaining when check-in closes could be given to staff at a cheap rate... However, the big boss is worried that staff will take a flight out and chance seats being available on the way back - if they're not available potentially the crew will miss being back in time for work. That's up to the crew of course but I can understand the concern. Doubt it will change anytime soon.

Profit Share: 8% of basic salary for non-incentivised staff this year. Next year probably less.

they now get the colleague discount off packages which is which is up to 50% off the hotels

redED
22nd Sep 2019, 15:21
However, the big boss is worried that staff will take a flight out and chance seats being available on the way back - if they're not available potentially the crew will miss being back in time for work. That's up to the crew of course but I can understand the concern. Doubt it will change anytime soon.

That’s the associated risk of travelling on standby though, no other carriers have a problem with this.

they now get the colleague discount off packages which is which is up to 50% off the hotels

Up to 50% and only to destinations and hotels of their choosing.

sastley
23rd Sep 2019, 11:46
My wife flew out this morning from LBA to Malaga. Due out 09.35 on ES-SAP. They were told the plane had to be changed and finally departed at 12.01 on LSAB. Under the circumstances very good from Jet2. Anybody know the reason for the change.

JonnyH
23rd Sep 2019, 12:23
Jet2 coming under substantial scrutiny on social media today regarding their astronomical price increases, up to 400% in some cases, and prices also changing significantly when the customer clicks to submit payment.

Whilst I fully understand the whole supply and demand line, I think there is a fine line between this and just sheer greed e.g charging one way for £500/£600 per person out of season when it was £100-£150.

The prices will probably also come down too once the dust has settled but now with just LS & TUI there is a good chance this is going to drive up prices significantly - not good for the likes of NCL and LBA.

stewyb
23rd Sep 2019, 12:33
Don't think LS or TUI can afford to become over complacent as EZY Holidays start up shortly and will want to build market share quickly!!

MKY661
23rd Sep 2019, 12:46
Jet2 coming under substantial scrutiny on social media today regarding their astronomical price increases, up to 400% in some cases, and prices also changing significantly when the customer clicks to submit payment.

Whilst I fully understand the whole supply and demand line, I think there is a fine line between this and just sheer greed e.g charging one way for £500/£600 per person out of season when it was £100-£150.

The prices will probably also come down too once the dust has settled but now with just LS & TUI there is a good chance this is going to drive up prices significantly - not good for the likes of NCL and LBA.

Unfortunately I was expecting this, when Monarch went under we tried to book MAN-GIB with EasyJet on the same day and it was £420 per person one way not including extras :(

Plane.Silly
23rd Sep 2019, 12:59
My wife flew out this morning from LBA to Malaga. Due out 09.35 on ES-SAP. They were told the plane had to be changed and finally departed at 12.01 on LSAB. Under the circumstances very good from Jet2. Anybody know the reason for the change.

Probably a technical issue. I've heard there have been a few issues this season with this aircraft. But thats the beauty of having aircraft on standby, having the flexibility to cover when things go wrong.

LiamNCL
23rd Sep 2019, 15:44

Difference being is TCX didnt fly out of LBA , So the demand increase has soared more at NCL. Hopefully this demand can be met in the months ahead.

nowhereasfiled
23rd Sep 2019, 16:10
Difference being is TCX didnt fly out of LBA , So the demand increase has soared more at NCL. Hopefully this demand can be met in the months ahead.

Well if we can trust any operator to remain flexible and change with the times as demand peaks and dips, then it’s most certainly Jet2

LiamNCL
23rd Sep 2019, 16:42
Well if we can trust any operator to remain flexible and change with the times as demand peaks and dips, then it’s most certainly Jet2

Hopefully ! Jet2 announced on Twitter via a reply that they are seeking to add further aircraft and seats at this time.

JonnyH
23rd Sep 2019, 20:54
Hopefully ! Jet2 announced on Twitter via a reply that they are seeking to add further aircraft and seats at this time.

Additional seats for TFS, DLM and ACE from what I can see from NCL.

MAN has quite a few too apparently including some days of 3x rotations to TFS.

There will be other bases too, I am sure, and they might as well utilise their spare winter AC availability!

irishlad06
23rd Sep 2019, 22:56
Additional seats for TFS, DLM and ACE from what I can see from NCL.

MAN has quite a few too apparently including some days of 3x rotations to TFS.

There will be other bases too, I am sure, and they might as well utilise their spare winter AC availability!

looks like a lot of flights have been added from the 30th onwards until the 6th of November for now.

these include BHX, MAN, NCL, BFS for now. All the flight numbers are 4xxx so are easily identifiable as additional flights

SWBKCB
24th Sep 2019, 08:22
You'd be amazed if the likes of Jet2 etc haven't been watching the situation carefully and don't already have plans in place.

chaps1954
24th Sep 2019, 09:29
I am sure they have, probably for several months

oldart
24th Sep 2019, 09:49
You'd be amazed if the likes of Jet2 etc haven't been watching the situation carefully and don't already have plans in place.

Like a fare increase of 400% from one day to another and luggage charge on top of that. Haven't Thomas Cook clients suffered enough already!

West Brit
24th Sep 2019, 09:57
Like a fare increase of 400% from one day to another and luggage charge on top of that. Haven't Thomas Cook clients suffered enough already!
they are a business not a charity.

Smooth Airperator
24th Sep 2019, 10:02
If I was the company I'd gladly trade 10 million in extra profits for reputation (not increasing prices). Reputation would reap rewards in the future (next year).

BEagle
24th Sep 2019, 13:34

Leeds-based airline, so what do you expect? Who was it who once described a Yorkshireman as a Scot with all the generosity squeezed out

Flying Wild
24th Sep 2019, 13:39
they are a business, not a charity.

Exactly. They also have a responsibility to their shareholders.

If I was the company I'd gladly trade 10 million in extra profits for reputation (not increasing prices). Reputation would reap rewards in the future (next year).

People have short memories. If the price is right next year, they'll travel with whoever.

All the people whinging about lost holidays - if they've booked with TC as a package, they'll get their money back. If they've booked flight only there are other ways they could get their money back via insurance or credit/debit card chargebacks. Nobody is forcing people to pay inflated prices. The prices have gone up as a result of demand. It's basic supply vs demand and it is run through a computer algorithm.

People need to have a reality check and think of the thousands who are without a job and won't get paid this week.

eggc
24th Sep 2019, 19:27
Whats the chances of Jet2 taking up MCO from MAN ? TCX leaves huge hole in that particualr market and cant help think its a perfect fit for LS. Unthinkable ??

sixchannel
24th Sep 2019, 19:30
Whats the chances of Jet2 taking up MCO from MAN ? TCX leaves huge hole in that particualr market and cant help think its a perfect fit for LS. Unthinkable ??
Those that know will know - does a Jet2 757 have the range and kit etc to go MAN-MCO or is it 330 territory?

eggc
24th Sep 2019, 19:34
Would need be a 330. Jet2 cant do wrong at the minute and with such a void, the 330 already employed by them and the fuss they could make of it I dont doubt they make a huge success of it. I am not ITK, but I cant believe they are not at least discussing it. A no brainer launch in to long haul leisure routes for them IMO.

sixchannel
24th Sep 2019, 19:38
Would need be a 330. Jet2 cant do wrong at the minute and with such a void, the 330 already employed by them and the fuss they could make of it I dont doubt they make a huge success of it. I am not ITK, but I cant believe they are not at least discussing it. A no brainer launch in to long haul leisure routes for them IMO.
Quite so.
I'd be so pleased to stuff VA in my has-bin. Lol. Pricing dependent, of course.

eggc
24th Sep 2019, 19:48
There are TCX routes that LS would not suit, Seattle, Boston, JFK etc, but Cancun, Carribean, Florida etc will all be short of seats next summer now, they fit LS's portfolio and what better time to dip your toes in the next stage of growth. I hope they have they bottle to give it a go...

PDXCWL45
24th Sep 2019, 20:18
There are TCX routes that LS would not suit, Seattle, Boston, JFK etc, but Cancun, Carribean, Florida etc will all be short of seats next summer now, they fit LS's portfolio and what better time to dip your toes in the next stage of growth. I hope they have they bottle to give it a go...
I wouldn't be surprised if Virgin and Delta plug those holes if not for next summer but the one after. And maybe TUI adds a bit as well. Maybe TUI would be bold and lease a few dreamliners from Norwegian?

mmeteesside
24th Sep 2019, 20:22
Strikes me as a golden opportunity for Jet2 to have a go at the long haul market in the pursuit of further growth. If they don't go for long haul now they'll never have a better chance with the shortage of capacity next summer. There's lots of potential opportunities within the European market though so perhaps they'll focus on these instead and stick to what they know works. Would like to see them be bold and go for it.

pabely
24th Sep 2019, 21:02
Strikes me as a golden opportunity for Jet2 to have a go at the long haul market in the pursuit of further growth. If they don't go for long haul now they'll never have a better chance with the shortage of capacity next summer. There's lots of potential opportunities within the European market though so perhaps they'll focus on these instead and stick to what they know works. Would like to see them be bold and go for it.
Very risky if the did. I would stick to what they do well.