PDA

View Full Version : Jet2-5

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

GCELY
22nd Oct 2019, 19:31
Theres already been an internal comm to all depts about the introduction of Airbus it came out today.

Exactly the same as we got in the Word on the Ground update then.

azz767
22nd Oct 2019, 20:43
Any word on whether they will be owned or leased?

GCELY
22nd Oct 2019, 20:45
Owned

“To support growth and to give us additional capacity for Summer 2020, we are planning to introduce seven Airbus A321’s under our own Jet2.com Air Operator Certificate (AOC), in time it is likely more may follow.”

Garstag
22nd Oct 2019, 23:56
There currently 6 A321’s ex TCX at Lasham

ETOPS
23rd Oct 2019, 04:27
Hope some of the ex TCX employees can join Jet2 with this news.

rog747
23rd Oct 2019, 06:59
HM Govt has lifted the air travel ban into and out of SSH for UK flights -
SSH was a huge market in its hey day especially in the winter, but the Egypt downturn was pivotal in Monarch's demise.

Jet2 have wisely stayed well clear of Egypt and Tunisia up to now - I wonder what they are thinking?

The AvgasDinosaur
23rd Oct 2019, 07:49
SSH was a huge market in its hey day especially in the winter, but the Egypt downturn was pivotal in Monarch's demise.

Jet2 have wisely stayed well clear of Egypt and Tunisia up to now - I wonder what they are thinking?
As the cousins would say ‘Stay the hell out of Dodge City’ !!
Be lucky
David

Flying Wild
23rd Oct 2019, 08:56
Owned

“To support growth and to give us additional capacity for Summer 2020, we are planning to introduce seven Airbus A321’s under our own Jet2.com Air Operator Certificate (AOC), in time it is likely more may follow.”

Your statement is not backed up by the quote. The airline can lease aircraft and have them on the Jet2 AOC.

azz767
23rd Oct 2019, 13:16
Your statement is not backed up by the quote. The airline can lease aircraft and have them on the Jet2 AOC.

That was the point I was trying to raise. When the initial rumour was 4 A321's I assumed it would have been the 4 that TCX owned outright, but now the figure is 7 I'm thinking they may be leased.

It will be interesting to see if they're cheaper older frames (less sharklets) or whether they are newer more expensive frames (with sharklets). With Jet 2's history of 2nd hand frames you would say the former, however if they are intended as genuine 757 replacements the sharkleted ones would make more sense.

LBIA
23rd Oct 2019, 13:33
That was the point I was trying to raise. When the initial rumour was 4 A321's I assumed it would have been the 4 that TCX owned outright, but now the figure is 7 I'm thinking they may be leased.

It will be interesting to see if they're cheaper older frames (less sharklets) or whether they are newer more expensive frames (with sharklets). With Jet 2's history of 2nd hand frames you would say the former, however if they are intended as genuine 757 replacements the sharkleted ones would make more sense.

I understand it includes the 4x Airbus A321-231's G-TCVA/B/C/D (ex Monarch & Thomas Cook) machines which are currently sat in storage at Lasham.

Plane.Silly
23rd Oct 2019, 15:25
I understand it includes the 4x Airbus A321-231's G-TCVA/B/C/D (ex Monarch & Thomas Cook) machines which are currently sat in storage at Lasham.

If thats true, thats a great addition for Jet2, all four are only 5/6 years old. They'll be sure to get their money's worth out of them

Yeehaw22
23rd Oct 2019, 15:37
But would also mean that they are getting a new type with 2 engine variants? As the ex MON/TCX ones have v2500s and the rest of the ex TCX fleet are Cfms I believe. Unless the other 3 are not TCX aircraft.

nowhereasfiled
23rd Oct 2019, 18:31

they’ll be owned.

Bournemouthair
23rd Oct 2019, 19:22
But would also mean that they are getting a new type with 2 engine variants? As the ex MON/TCX ones have v2500s and the rest of the ex TCX fleet are Cfms I believe. Unless the other 3 are not TCX aircraft.

I guess it would be these ex monarch one on the lasham video on youtube

nowhereasfiled
23rd Oct 2019, 19:40

Dont think this is the case.
far as I’m aware, it’s going to be:
DD - Shannon
DP - Shannon
DE - Shannon
DK - Shannon
DB - Shannon
DG - Shannon
And I’m unsure of the 7th.

LBAflyer22
23rd Oct 2019, 20:35

As the cousins would say ‘Stay the hell out of Dodge City’ !!
Be lucky
David

I believe Jet2/Jet2holidays were weeks away from announcing SSH and HRG way back in 2015 just before Metrojet went down. Them plans become shelved and the company moved on. Since then we've lost ZB and TC both of whom where big in the SSH market. That leaves just TUI and easyJet (for seat only) in the market plus other charter company (enter air has come forward in partnership with Red Sea Holidays). I suspect it will be on the radar within a couple of years defiantly. Year round, profitable year round (Monarch increased SSH every winter), both SSH could be served from all 9 bases, HRG most. I can see once stabilised a Jet2 presence will be good for Egypt.

Mr @ Spotty M
23rd Oct 2019, 20:45
The ex Mon a/c were not owned by TCX, so are unlikely to be the ones for Jet2.
The CFM A321 in my opinion is not the best version for Jet2 because of the thrust available, which reduces range.
I might however be wide of the mark.

LiamNCL
23rd Oct 2019, 21:22
The CFM A321 in my opinion is not the best version for Jet2 because of the thrust available, which reduces range.

Depends what version A321 ? The Sharklet A321 was often on sectors all the way down to RMF , SID & HRG way beyond where Jet2 currently operate to with the furthest being Canarys and Cyprus.

Yeehaw22
23rd Oct 2019, 21:44

The cfm and v2500 (a5) have the same thrust rating? The cfm is believed to drink a little more fuel (and oil) than the v25 but both will have more than enough range to cope with any of jet2's routes. Jet2 are very savvy so I would be amazed if they introduced 2 different engine types on such a small sub fleet. It just brings complexity and cost.

From my experience working on both, the Cfm is a FAR better engine.

sinbad73
23rd Oct 2019, 22:03
Jet2 just put on sale winter 2020 New York flights using Airbus A330's from BHX, NCL, MAN & EMA & Boeing 757-200 from LBA

https://www.jet2.com/News/Enjoy_more_bites_of_the_Big_Apple_in_Winter_20/

Birmingham: 3x flights = 19th November / 6th & 13th December
Newcastle: 4x flights = 22nd & 26th / November, 3rd & 17th December
Manchester: 7x Flights = 27th & 30th November / 4th, 7th,11th, 14th & 18th December
Leeds Bradford: 3x flights = 3rd, 10th & 17th December
East Midlands: 1x flight = 10th December

You forgot:

Glasgow: 1x flight = 29th November

FlyingScotland
23rd Oct 2019, 22:07
Another fine example of GLA being forgotten about simply because it's in Scotland.

MKY661
23rd Oct 2019, 22:26
Jethros shows that two G-TCV* A321's are destined for Jet2

Skipness One Foxtrot
23rd Oct 2019, 23:44
I believe G-GDFG has been retired? Will all the B733s be gone by the summer?

Mooncrest
24th Oct 2019, 06:41
AFAIK the 733s will still be around next summer but I don't know beyond that. You could be right about GDFG - I haven't seen it for a while. It's quite likely that CELE will call it a day this week.

Fly757X
24th Oct 2019, 06:49
I believe G-GDFG has been retired? Will all the B733s be gone by the summer?

Its away to Dublin for a check of some description.

rog747
24th Oct 2019, 08:27
I believe Jet2/Jet2holidays were weeks away from announcing SSH and HRG way back in 2015 just before Metrojet went down. The plans become shelved.
I suspect it will be on the radar within a couple of years defiantly. Year round, profitable year round (Monarch increased SSH every winter), both SSH could be served from all 9 bases, HRG most. I can see once stabilised a Jet2 presence will be good for Egypt.

Umm - sorry old chap but that region will never ''become stabilised'' in the near term, which is why Jet2 have stayed well clear - Yes the locals want us Brits back in their hotels but........

Yes I agree it is a strong market potential from all over the UK and many SSH holiday regulars will be booking as we speak for their dose of winter sun - Many having 2 such holidays there a year.
However, all we need is one more serious event in the region and it will be ''brakes on'' again.

I'm not so sure if Jet2 will dip their toes in this market despite the huge temptations for a quick £.

116d
24th Oct 2019, 11:39
Umm - sorry old chap but that region will never ''become stabilised'' in the near term, which is why Jet2 have stayed well clear - Yes the locals want us Brits back in their hotels but........

Yes I agree it is a strong market potential from all over the UK and many SSH holiday regulars will be booking as we speak for their dose of winter sun - Many having 2 such holidays there a year.
However, all we need is one more serious event in the region and it will be ''brakes on'' again.

I'm not so sure if Jet2 will dip their toes in this market despite the huge temptations for a quick £.

I suspect they've also got their hands full with expanding to cover for the loss of Thomas Cook on other routes. It seemed to me the green light to lift the travel ban to Sharm-el-Sheikh came out of the blue.

It's an interesting dilemma for airlines and how they deploy capacity: do they stick to "safe" destinations such as Spain and Greece by plugging the gap left vacant by Thomas Cook knowing they will probably be successful, or do they risk a return to a destination which was popular before the travel ban was imposed but is an unknown whether that demand will return in light of this week's developments?

brian_dromey
24th Oct 2019, 11:54
It's an interesting dilemma for airlines and how they deploy capacity: do they stick to "safe" destinations such as Spain and Greece by plugging the gap left vacant by Thomas Cook knowing they will probably be successful, or do they risk a return to a destination which was popular before the travel ban was imposed but is an unknown whether that demand will return in light of this week's developments?

I imagine it will be a softly-softly approach. It might be worth remembering that Jet2 have pretty large in-resort operations so if they do launch SSH it would be from multiple bases. This increases the risk for Jet2, if holidays have to be cancelled at short notice. TUI have an advantage in that they can spread the risk across the various European arms of the company. Its also a bit late to get things on-sale for next summer, aircraft and hotels have already been contracted.

As you say with the opportunity to fill some or most of the TCX markets I think Jet2 will have their hands full in summer 2020.

LBAflyer22
24th Oct 2019, 13:01

Wasn't getting at the region but more at the market. Which it will. British public are fickle. I travelled there in 2012 - felt so safe in SSH. Went with Monarch - planes were full. They went 6 weekly i believe in the height of winter from MAN alone.

Jet2 so close to announcing it back in 2015 i suspect it may come up on the radar relatively soon. Maybe within a couple of years. Maybe not at all. It's a way of utilising the aircraft, especially in Winter, and filling them. The markets no longer have Monarch or Thomas Cook. So Jet2 no longer have as stiff competition as they would have from Monarch and Thomas cook. They've also changed from 2015 - they have BHX and STN as bases. Cover most of the country.

I understand it is one of those - if something happens breaks quickly get applied - but Jet2 are always quick to respond as they did when Turkey declined a couple of years ago. Who knows we will see.

Downwind_Left
24th Oct 2019, 14:07
Just don’t forget that Jet2 used to fly to Sharm before, so comments about them not entering this market due to instability are somewhat misplaced.

The link below is from their own website
Flights to Sharm now on Sale (https://www.jet2.com/News/Low_cost_flights_to_Sharm_El_Sheikh_on_sale_now!!/)

LBIA
24th Oct 2019, 15:16
I'm sure Jet2 use to operate Sharm el Sheikh from not just Manchester but also Leeds/Bradford, East Midlands and Newcastle using the Boeing 757-200's

I wonder if they may also look at Tunisia again?

Jamesair
24th Oct 2019, 16:43
You are correct, I remember Sharm el Sheikh appearing in the Newcastle timetable.

LiamNCL
24th Oct 2019, 17:27
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/528x317/jet2v2_241351c3484fe1da53ec0729f975834f534203c3.jpg

Sharm el Sheikh announcement back in the day.

castleford tiger
24th Oct 2019, 17:46
61 birds in the air mid week October that's not bad

tiger

Garstag
24th Oct 2019, 18:14
61 birds in the air mid week October that's not bad

tiger

it was more like 72 today

Flying Hi
24th Oct 2019, 21:58
Just don’t forget that Jet2 used to fly to Sharm before, so comments about them not entering this market due to instability are somewhat misplaced.

The link below is from their own website
That WAS 20 years ago.
A lot has happened since then.

Johnny F@rt Pants
25th Oct 2019, 07:37
That WAS 20 years ago

​​​​​​​Jet2.com didn’t even exist 20 years ago.

Flying Hi
25th Oct 2019, 08:25
Jet2.com didn’t even exist 20 years ago.
Typo sorry - 10 years. 2010
​​​​​​​My bad

Captain_Caveman
25th Oct 2019, 10:03
it was more like 72 today

How many flights did they operate in the day... if it was just 144 then thats not good

chaps1954
25th Oct 2019, 10:22
Pretty good for end of season

Garstag
25th Oct 2019, 10:27
How many flights did they operate in the day... if it was just 144 then thats not good

not all airframes do four sectors a day this time of year ! ! Probably about 120

jonnyrobbo
25th Oct 2019, 15:39
AFAIK the 733s will still be around next summer but I don't know beyond that. You could be right about GDFG - I haven't seen it for a while. It's quite likely that CELE will call it a day this week.
According to Jethro's G-CELE was withdrawn from use on Wednesday 23rd and is due at St Athan today!

irishlad06
26th Oct 2019, 00:11
According to Jethro's G-CELE was withdrawn from use on Wednesday 23rd and is due at St Athan today!

GGDFG is currently in DUB having a planned C Check until roughly the 2nd week of December.

GCELE will now go to DGX on Monday. (TBC)

apparently GLSAG still due to be WFU in and around the 3rd week of November. AH and AI have been postponed but AG still to be scrapped.

chaps1954
26th Oct 2019, 10:34
Take it that it was due a major check so not worth the effort/money

JW95
26th Oct 2019, 17:38
Are there any expansions in the pipeline for the Jet2 STN base? Also, do Jet2 use jet bridges at Stansted as they do in other airports?

pamann
26th Oct 2019, 23:30
Are there any expansions in the pipeline for the Jet2 STN base? Also, do Jet2 use jet bridges at Stansted as they do in other airports?
I can answer the second question... No. They use stairs even though the majority of departures are ex Sat 1.

Rpm25
27th Oct 2019, 15:23
Jet2 has bought 7 A321 from Thomas Cook. 3 of them will be based at BHX and the remaining 4 on MAN. Flight crew (technical and cabin crew) from BHX and MAN are going to he trained on A321.

Scottie Dog
27th Oct 2019, 17:01
Jet2 has bought 7 A321 from Thomas Cook. 3 of them will be based at BHX and the remaining 4 on MAN. Flight crew (technical and cabin crew) from BHX and MAN are going to he trained on A321.
This was already mentioned in post #1750 on 22nd October and discussed subsequently. Better though to post twice than not at all.

Anyway, as a new member can I welcome you to the forum Rpm25.

Rpm25
27th Oct 2019, 17:03
This was already mentioned in post #1750 on 22nd October and discussed subsequently. Better though to post twice than not at all.

Anyway, as a new member can I welcome you to the forum Rpm25.
I didn’t see it. Thanks for the welcome anyway

jonnyrobbo
27th Oct 2019, 17:17
GGDFG is currently in DUB having a planned C Check until roughly the 2nd week of December.

GCELE will now go to DGX on Monday. (TBC)

apparently GLSAG still due to be WFU in and around the 3rd week of November. AH and AI have been postponed but AG still to be scrapped.

Does anyone know the schedule for G-CELY?

jonnyrobbo
27th Oct 2019, 17:26
Does anyone know the 7 planes in question?

Mr @ Spotty M
27th Oct 2019, 21:58
I would be surprised if the 7 ex TCX A321 were brought from TCX, as l don't think they owned that many, more like from the lease companies.
Have we got confirmation that they are buying and not leasing?
We have not seen anything official from Jet2 as yet.

renort
28th Oct 2019, 13:06
Have we got confirmation that they are buying and not leasing?
We have not seen anything official from Jet2 as yet.

Exactly. 99% of the 'facts' posted on here currently are pure guesswork, Jet2 will announce all in good time, Jethros is not an official source btw

Cuillin Hills
28th Oct 2019, 13:29
I can answer the second question... No. They use stairs even though the majority of departures are ex Sat 1.

Actually, Jet2 use airbridges at Stansted on regular occasions when the weather is poor or they have a large number of PRMs onboard.

Plane.Silly
28th Oct 2019, 13:41
Exactly. 99% of the 'facts' posted on here currently are pure guesswork, Jet2 will announce all in good time, Jethros is not an official source btw

Might need to remind everyone, this is a 'Rumour' Forum, not a facts forum.
Everyone's entitled to their educated (or non-educated) guesses

Skipness One Foxtrot
28th Oct 2019, 14:29
Actually, Jet2 use airbridges at Stansted on regular occasions when the weather is poor or they have a large number of PRMs onboard.
Why would they not use the airbridge every time? They happily use them at GLA and MAN?

Yeehaw22
28th Oct 2019, 15:25

I very much doubt jet2 will announce the details of its aircraft financial transactions anywhere. Hence the reason why people are asking on a rumour forum.

Cuillin Hills
28th Oct 2019, 17:38
Why would they not use the airbridge every time? They happily use them at GLA and MAN?

Speed of boarding - boarding via two sets of steps is quicker than via a single airbridge access at the front - same with disembarkation.

Ryanair use steps for the same reason - except they do it all the time, whatever the weather conditions.

However, airbridges are used whenever the weather is poor or deemed a better option (ie large number of PRM passengers).

pamann
28th Oct 2019, 19:19

I have never seen a Jet2 aircraft attached to an airbridge at Stansted. Ever.

LiamNCL
28th Oct 2019, 19:47
They rarely use the airbridge at NCL

Ricco43
28th Oct 2019, 19:58
That’s not strictly true. They use them far more often now than they ever did. They are usually held for the Emirates, TUI 788 or TCX flights with them being bigger stands. One of them isn’t around anymore. It also doesn’t help that there are only two(9 and 10) that Jet2 can use.They rarely use the airbridge at NCL

nclops
28th Oct 2019, 20:10
They rarely use the airbridge at NCL
Not true, they use Airbridges often at NCL. At least 5 of today’s departures used airbridges.

Cuillin Hills
28th Oct 2019, 20:57
I have never seen a Jet2 aircraft attached to an airbridge at Stansted. Ever.

Oh well - pamann knows everything. I’ll move on. (bashes head against wall).

pamann
28th Oct 2019, 21:32
Oh well - pamann knows everything. I’ll move on. (bashes head against wall).

Chill your pants Cuillin Hills.

I only stated I have never seen a Jet2 aircraft attached to an airbridge at Stansted. I happen to be there sometimes once a week. You seem to think it’s a regular occurrence. Based on my regular observations at Stansted, I happen to disagree. That is allowed you do realise? :rolleyes:

No need to be such a drama queen. This is a professional forum for mostly grown ups. :ok:

AirportPlanner1
28th Oct 2019, 23:08
I’ve also never seen Jet2 use a bridge at STN. However I boarded Ryanair through a bridge last year (not at STN admittedly) so yeah these things do happen.

GLAEDI
29th Oct 2019, 00:20
Speed of boarding - boarding via two sets of steps is quicker than via a single airbridge access at the front - same with disembarkation.

Ryanair use steps for the same reason - except they do it all the time, whatever the weather conditions.

However, airbridges are used whenever the weather is poor or deemed a better option (ie large number of PRM passengers).

At Glasgow, they board the front via the airbridge and rear by steps, why wouldn’t they do that at Stansted? I presume must be down to deals regards fees. Anyway given the weather in Scotland it would be on 90% of the time to avoid the rain.

stonejo
29th Oct 2019, 07:44

Ryanair don't use airbridges unless forced to do so as it costs money to use them.

Using airbridges is just as quick at boarding via steps only, especially as not all the passengers are at the gate when boarding starts. Jet2 uses them all the time at GLA unless they are at a stand that does not have them or are at Gate 30.

rog747
29th Oct 2019, 07:54
2 sets of steps used for pax boarding/disembarking for a 737 800 or a 757 for instance is much quicker than an air-bridge/jetty as long as the ground staff get both the front and rear steps on PDQ...

Also today the ramp ground staff also have to faff about for ages (for H&S reasons gone mad) in setting up an elaborate chain link barrier system and cones to stop pax walking under the wing - this also wastes time on a quick turnaround if the ramp guys don't arrive with the kit or it is not left on the stand (more junk on the apron)
Back in the day the ground staff girl/boy boarding/meeting the flight, (or the No.4 CC would get off first) and would stand at the end of the wing to guide the pax accordingly - it's not rocket science lol

116d
29th Oct 2019, 08:39

Not strictly true. I flew with Ryanair to and from BCN back in 2017 and the airbridge was used for my arrival and for my departure a few days later. It took me by surprise as it was the first time I've ever seen a FR flight use an airbridge and on a FR flight I was on, but it would seem that they do use them in places and my assumption was that it wasn't possible to avoid using one at the terminal they use at BCN.

ZULUBOY
29th Oct 2019, 08:49
At risk of continued thread drift I've boarded and disembarked a number of Ryanair flights at Tenerife using airbridges

brian_dromey
29th Oct 2019, 08:53
AENA, the Spanish airport authority insists on jetbridges. Ryanair aren’t happy about it, but yet continue to fly to AENA airports where there is money to be made. The turns are scheduled at 45 minutes at AENA airports IIRC.

boeing_eng
29th Oct 2019, 09:23
I flew back from Frankfurt T2 to STN with RYR in July and all boarding was via an airbridge!.......A pretty civilized experience compared to the normal scrum!

MDS
29th Oct 2019, 10:08
AENA, the Spanish airport authority insists on jetbridges. Ryanair aren’t happy about it, but yet continue to fly to AENA airports where there is money to be made. The turns are scheduled at 45 minutes at AENA airports IIRC.

No longer true at Malaga.

They have built extensions recently to gates on Pier B and C directly prior to the airbridge which are steps/lifts down to the ground so they can board via the forward and rear steps. Pier D (Schengen only) also has the option built in as standard.

I can only presume it's because of RYR is the largest carrier at AGP.

I haven't seen any other carrier besides RYR use this however; EZY, LS, etc, still use the airbridge on the same gates.

MKY661
29th Oct 2019, 22:15
No longer true at Malaga.

They have built extensions recently to gates on Pier B and C directly prior to the airbridge which are steps/lifts down to the ground so they can board via the forward and rear steps. Pier D (Schengen only) also has the option built in as standard.

I can only presume it's because of RYR is the largest carrier at AGP.

I haven't seen any other carrier besides RYR use this however; EZY, LS, etc, still use the airbridge on the same gates.

Can confirm this at certain gates yes, though from what I've seen it's only Ryanair who use them along with Air Nostrum for obvious reasons. EasyJet and the rest seem to continue to use the airbridges.

BOHEuropean
30th Oct 2019, 08:37
Another Boeing 737-800 joining the fleet shortly... G-DRTR with mode S code 4078AE - not registered yet on G-INFO so cannot see previous owner, anyone know more?

irishlad06
30th Oct 2019, 09:03
Another two new Greek routes added this morning for next summer

MAN - KLX Kalamata x2 weekly
STN - KLX x 1 weekly

MAN - MJT - Lesvos x2 weekly
STN - MJT - x1 weekly

FlyingScotland
30th Oct 2019, 23:50
Are there any plans to add an extra aircraft or two to the GLA base following the collapse of Thomas Cook?

azz767
31st Oct 2019, 09:48
Another Boeing 737-800 joining the fleet shortly... G-DRTR with mode S code 4078AE - not registered yet on G-INFO so cannot see previous owner, anyone know more?

Jethros also showing a second 738, reg'd G-DRTM due as well.

Curious Pax
31st Oct 2019, 12:29

Reportedly due at MAN from Kazakhstan on Nov 5th - no idea whether it’s originating there, or that’s just a transit stop en route from somewhere further east.

stonejo
31st Oct 2019, 14:08
Are there any plans to add an extra aircraft or two to the GLA base following the collapse of Thomas Cook?
GLA is due to get 1 additional aircraft next year anyway and there is a possibility of an additional one taking GLA up to 9.

Mr A Tis
31st Oct 2019, 14:32
Any issues with the Jet2.com NGs?
Qantas grounded two NGs now due to the wing pickle fork crack issues.
https://buyingbusinesstravel.com/news/qantas-grounds-737ng-due-to-cracking/

LiamNCL
31st Oct 2019, 16:51
GLA is due to get 1 additional aircraft next year anyway and there is a possibility of an additional one taking GLA up to 9.

or maybe +1 at NCL :}

Johnny F@rt Pants
31st Oct 2019, 19:10
INN flights continue through the summer (http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2039966&c=setreg&region=2)

MDS
1st Nov 2019, 11:42
Reportedly due at MAN from Kazakhstan on Nov 5th - no idea whether it’s originating there, or that’s just a transit stop en route from somewhere further east.

G-DRTM is ex Air Europa aircraft EC-KCG built in 2007 currently stored in Woensdrecht. (Winglets)
G-DRTR is ex Air China aircraft B-5175 built in 2006 currently stored in Chengdu. (No Winglets)

ROC10
1st Nov 2019, 20:44
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/348157/six-figure-damages-won-for-jet2-passengers-over-tenerife-airport-bus-crash

ATNotts
1st Nov 2019, 21:19
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/348157/six-figure-damages-won-for-jet2-passengers-over-tenerife-airport-bus-crash

Not sure what this has to do with Jet2 the airline?

Fletch
1st Nov 2019, 22:13
Not sure what this has to do with Jet2 the airline?

I
From your quote it seems they were on a "Jet2 the airline " flight; perhaps that?

castleford tiger
2nd Nov 2019, 07:24
I think its a bit harsh.............but assume Jet 2 counter claimed v the airport authorities?

Whilst they are on a jet 2 holiday ,we must pay for ground handling at these places. The failure to protect our passengers looks bad on JET2 But the issue was clearly the airports.

Is that anyone's view?

SWBKCB
2nd Nov 2019, 07:28
It's clearly an airport issue - it's irrelevant which a/c the pax got off (which was how I read ATNotts original point).

rog747
2nd Nov 2019, 07:58
It's clearly an airport issue - it's irrelevant which a/c the pax got off (which was how I read ATNotts original point).

Mark Gibson, partner at law firm Digby Brown, confirmed the legal action for all 33 tourists was successfully ended this week.

He said: “This was a very complex case due to the number of people affected as well as the need to liaise with foreign authorities.

“However, I can confirm all 33 cases are now concluded.
“Our clients should have been enjoying their holiday and instead they were left with injuries.

A Jet2 spokesman said: “Although we were not responsible for the accident, which took place between two vehicles driven by airport staff, we do of course acknowledge the distress that it must have caused. We now consider this matter closed.”

I guess the lawyers would have class auctioned the TFS airport authority, the airlines' handling agent (and who drove the buses) and likely Jet2 also as the pax were in their care...
May have been a joint liability settlement.

anyway case closed now

ATNotts
2nd Nov 2019, 08:48

I actually interpreted it as the issue being on the transfer between resort and airport, which is why I considered it totally irrelevant to Jet2 (the airline). That of course was an incorrect assumption.

rog747
2nd Nov 2019, 13:58
I actually interpreted it as the issue being on the transfer between resort and airport, which is why I considered it totally irrelevant to Jet2 (the airline). That of course was an incorrect assumption.

Ah, I see - Well yes seems it was a tarmac prang with buses to/from the plane to the Terminal...I never heard about it until now.

Brigantee
3rd Nov 2019, 12:51
vWill Jet 2 be the Evelop 330 again next year ? Seems to be a nice aircraft .

chaps1954
3rd Nov 2019, 13:11
Thought they were getting the other Air Tanker machine to be based at Manchester

Brigantee
3rd Nov 2019, 13:20
Talking to a jet 2. bod he said they may have up to 4 x 330 aircraft next year!

nowhereasfiled
3rd Nov 2019, 21:48
Looks like LSAG had a fun night.

been circling off the coast of TFS for about 2 hours now. Not got any higher than 7000ft

ROC10
3rd Nov 2019, 22:50
Looks like LSAG had a fun night.

been circling off the coast of TFS for about 2 hours now. Not got any higher than 7000ft

Wow that does not look good...

FR24 seems to suggest this was a revenue flight. Perhaps a (not too serious) problem was detected after take off and this was a fuel-burning exercise before returning to TFS? They must’ve been dizzy after that!

rog747
4th Nov 2019, 05:51
Simple answer - No fuel dump on the 757 however IIRC it was certified to land back at Max Take-off Weight and therefore has no need for fuel dump facilities.

A320 family - ditto.

Ivan aromer
4th Nov 2019, 16:09
You are quite correct: no dump in the 75. Also the 75, as are most aircraft, certified to land at Max TOW. However it would require an overweight land check. So why no burn down to landing weight? Better still IMO, no knowing the facts, steam North and land in Malaga. Closer to Blighty, easier repat if bad tech problem?

BFS BHD
4th Nov 2019, 16:31
Going by Jethro's website the first two A321 will be ex TCX G-TCVC & G-TCVD which are at Lasham.

azz767
4th Nov 2019, 17:46
Going by Jethro's website the first two A321 will be ex TCX G-TCVC & G-TCVD which are at Lasham.

you would then assume VA and VB would follow

Jonty
4th Nov 2019, 18:20
You are quite correct: no dump in the 75. Also the 75, as are most aircraft, certified to land at Max TOW. However it would require an overweight land check. So why no burn down to landing weight? Better still IMO, no knowing the facts, steam North and land in Malaga. Closer to Blighty, easier repat if bad tech problem?

That would be a decision made in conjunction with operations and maintenance. There may be a reason they wanted it to stay in TFS.

Mooncrest
4th Nov 2019, 18:24
It's quite likely the ex-Thomas Cook aircraft will be re-registered before they enter service with Jet2. Possible sequence could be JZA*, if it hasn't already been allocated.

Ironside0
4th Nov 2019, 18:55
Wow that does not look good...

FR24 seems to suggest this was a revenue flight. Perhaps a (not too serious) problem was detected after take off and this was a fuel-burning exercise before returning to TFS? They must’ve been dizzy after that!
G-LSAA just landed at Leeds with Pax,G-LSAG still on ground in TFS,everyone put up in hotels overnight.

garry8g
4th Nov 2019, 19:50
It's quite likely the ex-Thomas Cook aircraft will be re-registered before they enter service with Jet2. Possible sequence could be JZA*, if it hasn't already been allocated.

They WILL be re-registered when they move to Jet2, as are most aircraft when they move to other operators.

Mr @ Spotty M
4th Nov 2019, 20:31
If the first two listed A321 are correct then it will be a surprise as it will mean A321's with a mix of both V2500 & CFM engines, if they are going to all come from TCX.
Jethro's is an excellent web site, which l have submitted info to over the years, but remember it is only as good as the info he is given, very difficult for him to know 100% if that info is correct.

nowhereasfiled
4th Nov 2019, 20:52
None of the ex-ZB Airbuses are going to Jet2.

The first 6 are TCDD, DP, DE, DK, DB, DG all from storage Shannon.

garry8g
4th Nov 2019, 21:24

DE is in Lake City, Florida, so it won't be that one. So it could be the other 5 plus the 2 ex-ZB A321's. (If you say they are not going to Jet2, what's your source?)

Plane.Silly
5th Nov 2019, 06:44

Agree with the G-JZ part, but the A* range has already been taken up with the G-LSA* range, Can imagine from an ops and maintenance perspective have two different aircraft called Alpha Alpha would be confusing

Plenty of others to choose from though. Jet2 owned reg's currently start with A, B, F, H, L and T
W is also out, as they lease these from Titan
That leaves upto 19 different options

Jonty
5th Nov 2019, 07:01
DE is in Lake City, Florida, so it won't be that one. So it could be the other 5 plus the 2 ex-ZB A321's. (If you say they are not going to Jet2, what's your source?)

It could of course be flown back.
I think it’s out there for repainting.

stonejo
5th Nov 2019, 07:17
With TUI announcing that they are going to fly into Melbourne (MLB) in Florida rather than Sanford from 2022 would this have any bearing if Jet2 decided to start to fly to MCO?

ATNotts
5th Nov 2019, 07:24
With TUI announcing that they are going to fly into Melbourne (MLB) in Florida rather than Sanford from 2022 would this have any bearing if Jet2 decided to start to fly to MCO?

Haven't insiders at Jet2 on this forum said numerous times that Jet2 have no interest in operating in that market?

toledoashley
5th Nov 2019, 07:57
Haven't insiders at Jet2 on this forum said numerous times that Jet2 have no interest in operating in that market?

I think its more likely that the announcement of Gold Medal/Travel2 doing their own charters would fit the Orlando market better.

rog747
5th Nov 2019, 08:01

Most UK and German charter airlines started to switched to SFB from MCO around 20 years ago -
UK airlines were offered greatly reduced landing fees at Sanford, and therefore many carriers relocated their operations.

Virgin and BA stayed put at MCO
I gather was it Thomas Cook who went back to MCO in recent years.

TUI's latest move is to tie-in with their large cruise ship operation, with the MLB airport nearer Port Canaveral

If Jet2 ventures to Florida my guess is they will fly to SFB or MCO

Scottie Dog
5th Nov 2019, 08:08
You're correct. Thomas Cook operated into Orlando.

garry8g
5th Nov 2019, 08:21
It could of course be flown back.
I think it’s out there for repainting.

Rather a long way to go, just for a paint job!!

LiamNCL
5th Nov 2019, 08:56
Agree with the G-JZ part, but the A* range has already been taken up with the G-LSA* range, Can imagine from an ops and maintenance perspective have two different aircraft called Alpha Alpha would be confusing

Plenty of others to choose from though. Jet2 owned reg's currently start with A, B, F, H, L and T
W is also out, as they lease these from Titan
That leaves upto 19 different options

Probably a reg like JZDA or something

Mr @ Spotty M
5th Nov 2019, 09:06
Jet 2 will not require these aircraft until the 2020 summer season, with a limited number prior to that for crew training.
I would not put any mind to where these aircraft might be heading.
They will need to go into storage, ideal climate not being in England or Ireland.
Prior to delivery all 7 aircraft will require a heavy maintenance check to clear them for 24 months (what was a "C" check), as is the norm and a paint job.
This can be anywhere in the world and is a lot cheaper outside of the UK.

pamann
5th Nov 2019, 09:24
I think its more likely that the announcement of Gold Medal/Travel2 doing their own charters would fit the Orlando market better.

Do you have a link to this announcement? I can’t find anything on line about it?

toledoashley
5th Nov 2019, 09:27
Do you have a link to this announcement? I can’t find anything on line about it?

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/348535/dnata-travel-group-brands-to-launch-charter-flying-programme

Jonty
5th Nov 2019, 09:32
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/348535/dnata-travel-group-brands-to-launch-charter-flying-programme

I wonder if they are thinking new start up or existing capacity? Because existing capacity has drastically reduced given TCX leaving the market.

stonejo
5th Nov 2019, 10:38

I think people might be surprised....

pamann
5th Nov 2019, 11:11

Thanks. I’d read your original post as if specific to them operating Orlando charters. Interesting times ahead. There’s a lot of money behind the Dnata group.

As for Jet2 possible long haul, there’s some big gaps in the market that would fit the Jet2 demographic very well. Orlando/Sanford, Puerto Plata, Varadero, Holguin and Cayo Coco spring to mind.

wowzz
5th Nov 2019, 14:00
Cabin crew on our recent Jet2 flight out of BHX confidently told me that flights to Orlando would be starting in 2020.
I appreciate that this is far from an official announcement, but it would appear that the rumours may be true.

GCELY
5th Nov 2019, 14:03
Cabin crew on our recent Jet2 flight out of BHX confidently told me that flights to Orlando would be starting in 2020.
I appreciate that this is far from an official announcement, but it would appear that the rumours may be true.

IF this is true, I don’t see that crew would know it before even the duty managers, let alone further up the chain. It may be true, but definitely wouldn’t take crews word for it.

Scottie Dog
5th Nov 2019, 14:37
So much for confidentially!!

pamann
5th Nov 2019, 14:52
So much for confidentially!!

Scottie Dog in all fairness confidently and confidentially are two different words with two different meanings.

VickersVicount
5th Nov 2019, 18:31
Mmm... its not gone that well for other's who tried long haul charter leisure...
(Monarch, Excel, Excalibur etc)
Why do they just not stick to what they seem to do very well... good product short haul.
The logistics and costs with long haul are in different league.

irishlad06
5th Nov 2019, 18:55
Jet2 have no interest in starting long haul. They know their market and what works for them and have enough going on next year with the a321 project.

in other news GDRTR is on its way from CTU via Astana and then MAN arriving in the morning.

LBIA
5th Nov 2019, 19:06
Boeing 737-300QC, G-GDFE was retired today, flown from Leeds down to Kemble for scrapping.

jonnyrobbo
5th Nov 2019, 19:55
Boeing 737-300QC, G-GDFE was retired today, flown from Leeds down to Kemble for scrapping.
G-CELY was scheduled for scrapping in October, anyone know the plan for her?

stonejo
5th Nov 2019, 20:30
Jet2 have no interest in starting long haul. They know their market and what works for them and have enough going on next year with the a321 project.

in other news GDRTR is on its way from CTU via Astana and then MAN arriving in the morning.

Then why are MCO and MIA in the handbooks that list all the info on the airports Jet2 fly to? I have been told this by a few pilots amongst others.

TheFiddler
5th Nov 2019, 21:07
Destination and alternates from when they did the cruise ship flight years ago. Exactly why Recife and its alternate are still in there, and has been for years. Once in the manual, why take them out?

stonejo
5th Nov 2019, 21:29
Destination and alternates from when they did the cruise ship flight years ago. Exactly why Recife and its alternate are still in there, and has been for years. Once in the manual, why take them out?

They where added in the recent update, not left over from previous years..

TheFiddler
5th Nov 2019, 22:00
They where added in the recent update, not left over from previous years..

Hmmm, just checked 2015's Part C and they're in that...

Edit: and 2016's and 2017's... Don't know about before or after that.

I'm assuming you do know what Part C is stonejo?

rog747
6th Nov 2019, 06:39
Mmm... its not gone that well for other's who tried long haul charter leisure...
(Monarch, Excel, Excalibur etc)
Why do they just not stick to what they seem to do very well... good product short haul.
The logistics and costs with long haul are in different league.

Actually Monarch did VERY WELL at Long Haul -
We had long haul charters starting from 1988 using 757's at first to Orlando, Mombasa, and the Maldives, going on to have a large Caribbean and Mexico program that was very popular, plus MON had lucrative Cruise ship flight contracts to the Caribbean for Fred Olsen, Princess, P&O and others.
It was Monarch's business plan that changed all that and they pulled out of LH.

If there is now a 'BUZZ' coming from Jet2 pilots and cabin crews saying that Jet2 will be going to Florida, and maybe the Caribbean too, then its likely their rumour mill has some credence.

Jet2 are not daft - They know the holiday market at this point is pivotal with the demise of Monarch and now Thomas Cook leaving a lot of seats and holidays without planes, plus the Cruise ship lines need planes to get their passengers to the Caribbean.
However the £ v the $ is weak meaning holidays to the USA and Caribbean are expensive, as is spending money there. USA is no longer the cheap hol....

Watch this space as they say......Jet2 already fly to NYC

rog747
6th Nov 2019, 06:44

Recife is a Cruise Ship departure point for MSC and Costa cruises - not sure if Jet2 did any flights for anyone or for ship's crews?
Also did Jet2 do any Ascension or Falklands Island trooping flights - Recife may have been relevant to those?

TheFiddler
6th Nov 2019, 07:04
Recife is a Cruise Ship departure point for MSC and Costa cruises - not sure if Jet2 did any flights for anyone.
Also did Jet2 do any Ascension or Falklands Island trooping flights - Recife may have been relevant to those?

https://www.jet2.com/News/Jet2_com_against_a_Miami_skyline!/

Think the Recife was similar.

Flying Wild
6th Nov 2019, 08:27
If there is now a 'BUZZ' coming from Jet2 pilots and cabin crews saying that Jet2 will be going to Florida, and maybe the Caribbean too, then its likely their rumour mill has some credence.

I suspect this is crew adding 2+2 and getting 5. I think a move to long haul at the moment would be an expansion too far for Jet2.

Watch this space as they say......Jet2 already fly to NYC

It has been suggested that these are continued as somewhat of a vanity project . It’s certainly more hassle than it’s worth to keep an ageing 757 fleet ETOPS capable, plus crews in check, US visas, security, etc.

Jamesair
6th Nov 2019, 08:43
I thought the NYC flights were now going to be operated by the A330 a/c.

goldeneye
6th Nov 2019, 08:45
Florida is one I can see happening at some point in the future. The demise of TC has left a big gap in the UK to Orlando route.

Flying Wild
6th Nov 2019, 09:15
I thought the NYC flights were now going to be operated by the A330 a/c.
Not all. The A330 doesn't operate out of LBA.

Jonty
6th Nov 2019, 09:38
It would make sense for Jet2 to get Air Tanker to do Florida and the Caribbean, and then get more short haul aircraft in to replace the A330 on the short haul routes.
The core business remains in house with Jet2, which they are very good at, and the “experimental” Long haul is being done by an operator who has lots of experience in doing exactly that. The only fly in the ointment is Cuba
That’s what I would do anyway.

mmeteesside
6th Nov 2019, 09:47
If Jet2 ever wanted to move into long haul like Orlando and maybe a handful of Caribbean destinations then they’ll never get a better chance than this summer with the loss of capacity. I think TUIs announcement about Orlando opens a huge gap too so I think if they’re going to go for it it’s very much a case of now or never.

JonnyH
6th Nov 2019, 12:56
Aren’t they getting a 788 in January? I seem to recall they were anyways. They’d likely use that if they did Florida but cannot see them doing the Caribbean.

irishlad06
6th Nov 2019, 13:32
Aren’t they getting a 788 in January? I seem to recall they were anyways. They’d likely use that if they did Florida but cannot see them doing the Caribbean.

definitely no Dreamliners coming to Jet2.

Johnny F@rt Pants
6th Nov 2019, 13:35
Then why are MCO and MIA in the handbooks that list all the info on the airports Jet2 fly to?

​​​​​​​Possibly dates back a few years when the 757 did a/some charters to Fort Lauderdale for some workers on cruise ships.

Flying Hi
6th Nov 2019, 13:52
Flew to Kemble on 5th November. Going to be WFU?
G-CELY still seems to be soldiering on but last flew 4th Nov.

castleford tiger
6th Nov 2019, 17:29
What was the tech issue with the 757 TFS to LBA 3 days ago?
Stayed at 7000 for 100m before returning.

I thought the 757 could land with MTO. ?

However would it need a check?

ROC10
6th Nov 2019, 18:12
What was the tech issue with the 757 TFS to LBA 3 days ago?
Stayed at 7000 for 100m before returning.

I thought the 757 could land with MTO. ?

However would it need a check?

Looks like G-LSAG is still in TFS.

L1649
6th Nov 2019, 18:20
Flew to Kemble on 5th November. Going to be WFU?
G-CELY still seems to be soldiering on but last flew 4th Nov.

Yes, G-GDFE has been retired to Kemble. G-CELY's retirement is scheduled for next May.

JonnyH
6th Nov 2019, 19:19
definitely no Dreamliners coming to Jet2.

Definitely seen on one of the threads someone getting a leased Dreamliner from someone (Bangladesh is ringing a bell). Obviously made the assumption it was LS!

Gordon_uk3
6th Nov 2019, 19:54
Definitely seen on one of the threads someone getting a leased Dreamliner from someone (Bangladesh is ringing a bell). Obviously made the assumption it was LS!

Your not confusing this with Bangladesh starting their own service in January are you?

The AvgasDinosaur
6th Nov 2019, 20:01
.......................................in other news GDRTR is on its way from CTU via Astana and then MAN arriving in the morning.
Did she arrive OK ?
What’s next, please?
Thanks
David

garry8g
6th Nov 2019, 20:22
Did she arrive OK ?
What’s next, please?
Thanks
David

Yes, arrived at Manchester this morning.

Next is G-DRTM (Ex ECKCG) from Air Europa.

The AvgasDinosaur
6th Nov 2019, 20:57
Yes, arrived at Manchester this morning.

Next is G-DRTM (Ex ECKCG) from Air Europa.
Thanks
David

LBIA
7th Nov 2019, 08:24
Jet2 are to open a 3rd non UK base at Tenerife South

https://www.expreso.info/noticias/transporte/72198_jet2_anuncia_la_apertura_de_su_base_en_tenerife

Johnny F@rt Pants
7th Nov 2019, 10:20

This is old news, it was announced quite a while ago. It is only for the winter only with 1 B737-800 on standby.

Garstag
7th Nov 2019, 10:57

https://www.expreso.info/noticias/transporte/72198_jet2_anuncia_la_apertura_de_su_base_en_tenerife

G-DRTF in place now.

in English

The president of the Cabildo de Tenerife, Pedro Martín, has announced that Jet2 has opened on November 5, an air base at the Tenerife South airport, which has welcomed the agreement reached with the company, which will be a guarantee for the Island connectivity and job creation '.

'After the Thomas Cook crisis and the loss of the Ryanair base at the Reina Sofía airport, we have worked with two objectives: increasing connectivity, in the first place, and installing a new base that would replace the loss we had, in the second place. Both goals have been achieved, ’he said.

The president has said that the company's decision ‘confirms that Tenerife is an attractive destination, and that we did not have a problem of competitiveness, but of connectivity’.

For this reason, it has valued the solidity of Jet2, 'which not only has increased its places by 41% this winter, compared to the past, but also plans to do the same for the summer of next year', in one of the markets most affected by the bankruptcy of Thomas Cook: the United Kingdom. ”

Co-marketing agreement

Tenerife arrived at the World Travel Market with the aim of strengthening connectivity with the island and promoting the destination. To this end, Turismo de Tenerife and Jet2 have signed on Monday, at the World Travel Market in London, a collaboration agreement to carry out co-branding campaigns in the British market, which have an impact on the improvement of connectivity between the United Kingdom and the island.

The president of the Island Council has stressed that ‘this agreement will also allow us to attract more tourists to the island. They will realize that they have their perfect destination in Tenerife, ”said Martin, who explained that the campaign will define advertising spaces and formats of different kinds.

Be a good chap
7th Nov 2019, 12:13
Can anybody quash a couple of rumours that I've read on PPRuNe and Facebook swirling regarding Jet2?

I'm 99% sure these are unlikely to come off, however I have been wrong before.

Jet2 to move into long haul market, over and above some seasonal flights to EWR?
More A330's to be acquired and based to STN & LBA?

azz767
7th Nov 2019, 13:54
Definitely not A330 to LBA, it can't take them AFAIK

Flying Hi
7th Nov 2019, 13:56
Maybe half the answer in post 1891 - the Air Tanker A330's dont operate out of LBA. Doesn't say 'can't' though,it says 'doesn't'.

Me personally would like to see mid-haul to Cape Verde rather long haul to Florida.

Edit - thanks for update info azz767.

BHX5DME
7th Nov 2019, 14:02
More A330's to be acquired and based to STN & LBA?[/QUOTE] - NO (definetly not LBA)

Jet2 to move into long haul market, over and above some seasonal flights to EWR? - NO (well not yet)

Be a good chap
7th Nov 2019, 14:33
Thanks BHX

Flying Hi
7th Nov 2019, 14:47
Looks like G-LSAG is still in TFS.

Departed TFS 15.48 with LS918 to MAN.

Showing on FR24

Plane.Silly
7th Nov 2019, 14:52
I want to clarify a few points for people, as there seems to be a lot of misguided rumours here

"Jet2 to move into long haul market,"
NO - and will not happen for the foreseeable future. Any rumours on this are no more than wishful thinking in response to TUI, Thomas Cook and others

"over and above some seasonal flights to EWR".
This is the only exception as it has been a popular programme for years.

"More A330's to be acquired".
for S20, there will be 3, all LEASED, not owned, from Air Tanker (GK/GL/GM). All are planned for MAN only, So none going to BHX/STN/LBA

there are some A321's planned to be added to the fleet (A321 vs A330, two different aircraft types, but a hell of a difference between them. Could be where some people are getting confused)

Just because Jet2 have the aircraft available to operate long haul, doesn't mean they will. They will instead focus on short/ med haul and grow their existing programme. How else will they offer the capacity to the likes of the Canaries, Turkey and Spain?

irishlad06
7th Nov 2019, 21:11

it’s a standby aircraft that will be based their for the winter. Much like the one in ALC that is suppose to be there all year round. This has now moved to TFS for the winter.
Makes sense considering the amount of flights to the canaries there is and then the UK standby’s can cover mainland Europe.

ROC10
7th Nov 2019, 21:15
it’s a standby aircraft that will be based their for the winter. Much like the one in ALC that is suppose to be there all year round. This has now moved to TFS for the winter.
Makes sense considering the amount of flights to the canaries there is and then the UK standby’s can cover mainland Europe.

Does this mean there is always a crew based at TFS purely for standby purposes? Or is it solely the aircraft in case of tech issues? If that's the case, it could be tight for crew hours at times.

TUI also base an aircraft at TFS for the winter season but this is utilised everyday on flights.

nowhereasfiled
7th Nov 2019, 21:31
Does this mean there is always a crew based at TFS purely for standby purposes? Or is it solely the aircraft in case of tech issues? If that's the case, it could be tight for crew hours at times.

TUI also base an aircraft at TFS for the winter season but this is utilised everyday on flights.

there’s going to be an Airport Standby crew on duty every day. Crew have been shipped out from the U.K. and ALC, a very easy gig if you ask me

simoncorbett
8th Nov 2019, 07:03
GDRTF has been at Tenerife for a couple of days so maybe the aircraft in question?

ROC10
8th Nov 2019, 08:42
GDRTF has been at Tenerife for a couple of days so maybe the aircraft in question?

Yes, someone mentioned this further up the thread.

Junta Leader
8th Nov 2019, 12:57
"The Official Receiver [has] announced that Jet2.com has bought Thomas Cook landing slots at MAN, BHX and STN for an undisclosed amount"

According to Sky News.

stonejo
8th Nov 2019, 15:37
Also reported on the BBC website.

Flying Hi
12th Nov 2019, 08:21
G-LSAG again?
Flew LS917 MAN-TFS yesterday (11/11) but didn't return.
The resident G-DRTF did its first ex TFS revenue flight and brought LS918 back to MAN just a couple of hours late.
G-LSAG gone AOG again or just ringing the changes with the 737??

boeing737229adv
14th Nov 2019, 10:18

G-TCVC & D have been added to the Jet2 fleet list on Planespotters

Flying Hi
14th Nov 2019, 14:23
G-TCVC & D have been added to the Jet2 fleet list on Planespotters
Ex MON G-ZBAM and G-ZBAO in hybrid MON/TCX livery. I wonder if they'll now get a total makeover?
Plenty of time - Jethro's says 'acquired. Due Summer 20' along with 5 other A321s

LiamNCL
14th Nov 2019, 14:48
Ex MON G-ZBAM and G-ZBAO in hybrid MON/TCX livery. I wonder if they'll now get a total makeover?
Plenty of time - Jethro's says 'acquired. Due Summer 20' along with 5 other A321s

They were due into the paint shop for TCX this winter so imagine they will be in full Jet2 livery by start or service.

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
14th Nov 2019, 20:03
The J2 Airbus fleet will only have CFM engines.

Plane.Silly
15th Nov 2019, 06:46
G-LSAG again?
Flew LS917 MAN-TFS yesterday (11/11) but didn't return.
The resident G-DRTF did its first ex TFS revenue flight and brought LS918 back to MAN just a couple of hours late.
G-LSAG gone AOG again or just ringing the changes with the 737??

It's still AOG in TFS at the moment.
To go AOG once is bad enough, but to go AOG twice in the space of a week, at the SAME destination
Surely the writings on the wall for this one.

Flying Hi
15th Nov 2019, 07:44
It's still AOG in TFS at the moment.
To go AOG once is bad enough, but to go AOG twice in the space of a week, at the SAME destination
Mmmh - shades of G-CELI perhaps except this time the 'rags' haven't found out to make a meal of it.

MANFAN
15th Nov 2019, 10:49
There's a 737 (-300 I think) on the ground in Toulouse...tech or another issue?

Johnny F@rt Pants
15th Nov 2019, 11:16

Correct, AG is the first to be retired and will be gone from the fleet within days, as planned for a while, so not related to the 2 unconnected recent AOG incidents.

Flying Hi
15th Nov 2019, 12:02
There's a 737 (-300 I think) on the ground in Toulouse...tech or another issue?
G-GDFM on LS6986 - a Charter - Lourdes possibly

OltonPete
15th Nov 2019, 12:28
G-GDFM on LS6986 - a Charter - Lourdes possibly

Good to see them take on charters as well.

At BHX today 11 fairly busy based aircraft operating 15 flights plus they have added a 12th to take Wasps to Bordeaux for their Challenge Cup game.

Pete

irishlad06
15th Nov 2019, 14:48
Correct, AG is the first to be retired and will be gone from the fleet within days, as planned for a while, so not related to the 2 unconnected recent AOG incidents.

coming back to MAN tonight hopefully and then it isn’t planned to have any passenger flights until it completes its end of life/de-Jet2 Ified and will then position out on Tuesday morning for the scrap yard. Nothing to do with it’s recent tech issues - this has always been planned.

Flying Hi
15th Nov 2019, 18:26
coming back to MAN tonight hopefully and then it isn’t planned to have any passenger flights until it completes its end of life/de-Jet2 Ified and will then position out on Tuesday morning for the scrap yard. Nothing to do with it’s recent tech issues - this has always been planned.
en route.
"Better to travel hopefully than to arrive" - R.L.Stevenson, meaning the journey is more enjoyable than the destination.
Never more true than in LSAG's case.

JonnyH
16th Nov 2019, 06:39

Looks like JZHR is also a relief aircraft sat in AYT too.

Crewing Gimp
16th Nov 2019, 07:03

2 aircraft in AYT for another charter flight.

the gimp

Garstag
16th Nov 2019, 07:11

JZHR & JZHM are at AYT with what I believe is a travel agents outing from Newcastle and Stansted

LiamNCL
16th Nov 2019, 07:18
JZHR took Hays staff from NCL to the companys managers conference in Antalya.

rog747
16th Nov 2019, 14:13
The J2 Airbus fleet will only have CFM engines.

Oh, well the ex Monarch-Cook ones have IAE''s

chaps1954
16th Nov 2019, 15:08
Thanks to Jethros[ ] GAirbus A321231-S6059 GTCVC Acquired. Due prior Sum 20[ ] GAirbus A321231-S6126 GTCVD Acquired. Due prior Sum 20[ ] GAirbus A321 Acquired. Due prior Sum 20[ ] GAirbus A321 Acquired. Due prior Sum 20[ ] GAirbus A321 Acquired. Due prior Sum 20[ ] GAirbus A321 Acquired. Due prior Sum 20[ ] GAirbus A321 Acquired. Due prior Sum 20

lekijiji
17th Nov 2019, 14:24
Did they stop recruiting DECs at PMI base?

LS737
18th Nov 2019, 17:52

GLSAG to position to Kemble from MAN around 1000z this Wednesday

Plane.Silly
19th Nov 2019, 06:44

Bet Jet2 will be glad to see the back of that one.

Also, fairly ironic on what looks like your first post and you report on a different aircraft type to your name :P

Flying Hi
19th Nov 2019, 07:22
Nice crisp day for it.
On 23/11 Jet2 would have operated GLSAG for 13 years after acquiring from China Southern.
I always think the 757s look more 'graceful' on Approach than the 737s. Not that it matters.

DjerbaDevil
19th Nov 2019, 08:09
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1136x640/moonflight_43f3a269a16ffd71db2ed8acf1a33726b527f4d1.png

chaps1954
19th Nov 2019, 08:21
Very nice DjerbaDevil

Ivan aromer
19th Nov 2019, 18:18
Not enough wheels!

bigjim99
19th Nov 2019, 23:02

Flew on LSAG last week down to TFS and I have to say what a tidy, tidy aircraft it looked. The cabin was utterly immaculate. It sounded great and felt great.

Granted I don't know the state of this old bird under the hood, but there was not one hint that it was anywhere near ready for the heap. Very sad. The 738s just don't come close from a PAX point of view.

​​​​

ROC10
19th Nov 2019, 23:21
Flew on LSAG last week down to TFS and I have to say what a tidy, tidy aircraft it looked. The cabin was utterly immaculate. It sounded great and felt great.

Granted I don't know the state of this old bird under the hood, but there was not one hint that it was anywhere near ready for the heap. Very sad. The 738s just don't come close from a PAX point of view.

​​​​

They’re great aircraft but they’ve had their day, well at least Jet2’s certainly have (albeit well-maintained but very old). The Sky Interior in the new 738s offers a much better passenger experience and many do notice and comment on this. Then there’s obviously the efficiency and reliability issues compared to the younger planes.

Flying Hi
20th Nov 2019, 07:18

​​​​
If that was LS917 on 11/11 you were indeed fortunate to be on its last revenue earning flight.
I think at 32yrs old even with Jet2s TLC it was time to be retired as planned.

20th Nov 2019, 12:03
Has the move gone ahead as planned? I can't see any reference to it on FR24.

As sad as it is, the days of the Boeing 757 as a passenger aircraft are numbered. TUI are withdrawing their ones that are a lot younger that Jet2's.

I've noticed that 2 of Jet2's 757s haven't seen service for a while. G-LSAJ and G-LSAC. Are these both withdrawn? I know AC had a few technical issues over the summer season.

LiamNCL
20th Nov 2019, 22:14

It sure did , Flew to Kemble this afternoon.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/960x522/fb_img_1574273808764_4736a097d47c5f6f79280e94f2c31452366c812 7.jpg

ROC10
20th Nov 2019, 23:05

As sad as it is, the days of the Boeing 757 as a passenger aircraft are numbered. TUI are withdrawing their ones that are a lot younger that Jet2's.

I've noticed that 2 of Jet2's 757s haven't seen service for a while. G-LSAJ and G-LSAC. Are these both withdrawn? I know AC had a few technical issues over the summer season.

I don’t think they’ve been withdrawn quite yet, perhaps major checks? They’ve both been out of service since the end of September with AC at MAN and AJ at QLA by the looks of things.

Flying Hi
21st Nov 2019, 07:55

Such an aesthetically elegant aircraft.

LBIA
21st Nov 2019, 10:59
Boeing 757-200, G-LSAD is next to go in April 2020. This will be followed by Boeing 737-3QC, G-CELY in May 2020
Both Boeing 757-200, G-LSAH & Boeing 737-300, G-GDFB are set to go in June 2020.

BHX5DME
21st Nov 2019, 12:03
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/jet2-chair-future-demand-unclear-until-balanced-brexit-deal-struck-20192?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Midday%20Bulletin

P330
24th Nov 2019, 13:25
Anymore news on the 321s?

Are these long term acquisitions, fully part of the family? Crewed by Jet2 cockpit staff?

If so, is this the start of a build up of used (and maybe new) 321s in the fleet?

Is the list of the initial 7 known yet?

irishlad06
24th Nov 2019, 13:48
The 7 x A321’s will be under the Jet2.com AOC which means their are either owned or leased. They will be fully crewed by Jet2 pilots, cabin crew and engineers.

The initial 7 are ex TCX aircraft - the are definitely not the ex monarch cook ones as they are different engines and there is only 4 of them. This would not be economical sense to operate two different engines on 7 aircraft.

P330
24th Nov 2019, 17:27
Thanks.

So, anything that suggests that A321s will be secured as much as 738s on the second hand market?

Seems like a good move! Looking forward to seeing the 321 in LS colours!

The AvgasDinosaur
25th Nov 2019, 12:00
The 7 x A321’s will be under the Jet2.com AOC which means their are either owned or leased. They will be fully crewed by Jet2 pilots, cabin crew and engineers.

The initial 7 are ex TCX aircraft - the are definitely not the ex monarch cook ones as they are different engines and there is only 4 of them. This would not be economical sense to operate two different engines on 7 aircraft.
I understood that the LS A-321s were to be compatible engine wise? The TCX fleet were mixed I believe.
David

irishlad06
25th Nov 2019, 13:45
I understood that the LS A-321s were to be compatible engine wise? The TCX fleet were mixed I believe.
David

yes this is true - this is why they will not be getting the ex monarch ones as they have different engines than the rest and there is only 4 of them.

ROC10
25th Nov 2019, 21:14
yes this is true - this is why they will not be getting the ex monarch ones as they have different engines than the rest and there is only 4 of them.

There’s conflicting information on this – I guess we’ll see what happens.

MANFAN
26th Nov 2019, 04:50
How many of these A321's have sharklets?

LBIA
26th Nov 2019, 08:55
Another New destination for Jet2 summer 2020 Lisbon.

chuzwuza
26th Nov 2019, 09:52
There is no conflicting information regarding the A321’s. All airframes will be CFM powered. End of!

Yeehaw22
26th Nov 2019, 10:12
There is no conflicting information regarding the A321’s. All airframes will be CFM powered. End of!

I think they are referring to the fact jethros (not always reliable) has it down as the first 2 are the ex Mon/tcx aircraft which are IAE powered. So yes there is some conflicting information.

HH6702
26th Nov 2019, 11:20
Another New destination for Jet2 summer 2020 Lisbon.

from which airports and when I can’t see anything on website

sinbad73
26th Nov 2019, 12:44
from which airports and when I can’t see anything on website
Not on sale until next week so I guess we won't know until then.

LBIA
26th Nov 2019, 15:44
New routes on sale now

Glasgow - Almeria = 1x weekly.
Manchester - Mykonos = 2x weekly
London Stansted - Mykonos = 2x weekly

Lisbon to be announced next week.
​​

pamann
26th Nov 2019, 15:57
Surely Jet2 are the biggest supplier of seats and packages to Greece for S20?

Only destination that needs adding to their Greek network now is Santorini.

castleford tiger
26th Nov 2019, 17:30
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/jet2-not-ruling-out-further-airline-expansion-for-summer-2020-20256

111 (https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/jet2-not-ruling-out-further-airline-expansion-for-summer-2020-20256111) KITES next summer and 14/18% overall capacity increase.

More will come its just getting frames with the Max still out of play.

Flew the 737/800 ng yesterday for the first time and I was surprised just how much more "nose heavy" it felt. So different.

easyboy22
26th Nov 2019, 19:08
https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/jet2-not-ruling-out-further-airline-expansion-for-summer-2020-20256

111 (https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/jet2-not-ruling-out-further-airline-expansion-for-summer-2020-20256111) KITES next summer and 14/18% overall capacity increase.

More will come its just getting frames with the Max still out of play.

Flew the 737/800 ng yesterday for the first time and I was surprised just how much more "nose heavy" it felt. So different.
link not working

Flying Wild
26th Nov 2019, 19:19
link not working

CabinCrewe
26th Nov 2019, 21:37
Lisbon to be announced next week.
​​
Where from?

Flying Hi
26th Nov 2019, 22:20

was that as compared to the outgoing 300's or are you ex-757?

sinbad73
27th Nov 2019, 01:46
Where from?

To be announced next week?

BHX5DME
27th Nov 2019, 06:49
To be announced next week?
BHX - LIS hopefully ?

daz211
27th Nov 2019, 07:08
Yesterday Jet2 Holidays announced the launch of VIBE by Jet2.

Iconic Vibe.
Party Vibe.
Pure Vibe.
Chilled Vibe.

More info on Jet2 website.

Flying Hi
27th Nov 2019, 07:21
Yesterday Jet2 Holidays announced the launch of VIBE by Jet2.

Iconic Vibe.
Party Vibe.
Pure Vibe.
Chilled Vibe.

More info on Jet2 website.

Oh dear! Club 18-30 2.0 ?
​​​​​​(And I have read the full blurb)

Be a good chap
28th Nov 2019, 07:58
I notice the first EWR flights are leaving from LBA & NCL today.

Is it only LBA using the B752 and all other departure airports are using the A332?

Plane.Silly
28th Nov 2019, 08:51

Is it only LBA using the B752 and all other departure airports are using the A332?

Yes, LBA is the only airport that can't handle the A330, so they have to stick with the B752
Of the 10 B752 left in the fleet, only 5 can make the distance (winglet).

All other airports can handle the A330,

chaps1954
28th Nov 2019, 09:01
I thought it was because they were etops not range restricted as winglets don`t increase range just make
plane more efficient.

Yeehaw22
28th Nov 2019, 09:41
winglets don`t increase range just make
plane more efficient.

which in turn increases range. Not by much maybe 2-300 miles.

chaps1954
28th Nov 2019, 09:48
Still don`t think it has altered the range it is allowed to fly

Mooncrest
28th Nov 2019, 10:10
AB, AC, AE, AK and AN comprise the Jet2 ETOPS 757 fleet. All have winglets but I don't know if there are any other significant differences between these aircraft and their other 757s.

Flying Wild
28th Nov 2019, 10:47
AB, AC, AE, AK and AN comprise the Jet2 ETOPS 757 fleet. All have winglets but I don't know if there are any other significant differences between these aircraft and their other 757s.

stricter maintenance regime, different equipment required on board amongst other things,

Yeehaw22
28th Nov 2019, 10:48

Allowed to fly? They dont have a set max range. If the aircraft consumes less fuel over a set distance then it has more range.

As has been said it will be due to etops requirements rather than winglets although suspect all the 757 are maintained to etops standards otherwise parts stockholding becomes a nightmare. The winglets will give a bit more leeway especially going westbound at this time of year.

excrab
28th Nov 2019, 11:25

The winglets make the aircraft more efficient, which reduces the fuel flow per hour at the same airspeed and therefore increases its range. What they don't do is increase the allowable still air time/distance from a suitable airport (the ETOPS rule under which the aircraft is operating), which may be what you're thinking of.

chaps1954
28th Nov 2019, 12:11
excrab probably thanks. Am I right non etops will have to fly much closer to land/airports therefore probably making a much longer journey

Chesty Morgan
28th Nov 2019, 12:46
What they don't do is increase the allowable still air time/distance from a suitable airport (the ETOPS rule under which the aircraft is operating), which may be what you're thinking of.
I'm not questioning your 757 knowledge but the 737 800s with winglets have a greater allowable distance to a suitable alternate than non-winglet 800s.

Not the same as the 757?

rubymurray
28th Nov 2019, 13:45
For non etops flights, the plane needs to fly not further than the distance flown in 60mins at the one engine inop cruising speed in still air, which are:

B737-800 Non Winglet = 395nm
B737-800 Winglet = 400nm
B757-200 = 400nm

So having winglets on the 737 does (just!) make a difference whereas on the 757 it doesn’t.

The AvgasDinosaur
28th Nov 2019, 15:17
For non etops flights, the plane needs to fly not further than the distance flown in 60mins at the one engine inop cruising speed in still air, which are:

B737-800 Non Winglet = 395nm
B737-800 Winglet = 400nm
B757-200 = 400nm

So having winglets on the 737 does (just!) make a difference whereas on the 757 it doesn’t.
Just as a point of interest where does the A-321 and A-321WL fit in on that scale, or A-332 ?
Please if you don’t mind?
Be lucky
David

rubymurray
28th Nov 2019, 18:07
Just as a point of interest where does the A-321 and A-321WL fit in on that scale, or A-332 ?
Please if you don’t mind?
Be lucky
David

No idea, they haven’t appeared in our manuals yet but as a guess I’d say they’d be roughly the same as the Boeings at 400nm

nowhereasfiled
28th Nov 2019, 20:02
No idea, they haven’t appeared in our manuals yet but as a guess I’d say they’d be roughly the same as the Boeings at 400nm

A321-211 is 385nm, 231 is 373.

castleford tiger
30th Nov 2019, 08:30
comparing v the 300

garry8g
30th Nov 2019, 08:58
According to Jethro's yesterday, Jet2 have acquired a further two 2nd hand B737-800's.

G-DRTY & G-DRTZ (Ex Okay Airways B-5575 & B-5577, but formerly Ryanair EI-DAT & EI-DAX). Both around 16 years old.

The fleet continues to expand.

MANFAN
30th Nov 2019, 10:12
Any pickle fork issues with Jet2.com?

stonejo
1st Dec 2019, 08:48

GLA's flight was the week before..