View Full Version : Ryanair - 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Steviec9
10th Aug 2011, 07:49
What's happening with FR1182/3 SNN-LGW-SNN during September and October? I've got a few tickets booked and timings are changing (and not that consistently) throughout the above period before (apparently) settling down again from November to the usual midday rotation. Nice to have a few evening departures for a change though!

virginblue
10th Aug 2011, 09:33
If they have so much money, why do they bother trekking to Lappeenrantaa and taking a Ryanair flight? Which, in the first place, is a funny concept if you go on a shopping trip as two checked bags can set Ms Abramovich back a whopping 160 GBP for a return flight.

As we are just at it, I noticed that a UK based passenger paying in GBP will pay for the above-mentioned amount of luggage 22 GBP more than a passenger based in the EUR zone, as the Ryanair fees are based on a 1:1 GBP / EUR parity whereas the current real-life exchange rate is 1 GBP for 1.14 EUR. So it makes some sense to not book a return flight into the EUR-zone and pay it in GBP but to book two one-ways so that you can pay the return leg in EUR.

pee
10th Aug 2011, 10:39
^^ Just join the euro zone.
Okay, it's perhaps not the best moment to talk into it :}

As far as I can see, Russians do make quite a few purchases while flying FR (aboard the planes). Also eating, drinking and so on. Not bad customers it seems.

davidjohnson6
10th Aug 2011, 11:11
virginblue - it's not just luggage fees, one often finds that the airfare for a return back to the UK is cheaper when priced in EUR compared to GBP. The only catch with booking separate flights, is that if one flight has the time substantially changed or cancelled, forget about any kind of refund for the other leg of your trip.

Just one of those little features that makes Ryanair as lovable as it it ! :yuk:

blueplatinum
10th Aug 2011, 14:23
....one often finds that the airfare for a return back to the UK is cheaper when priced in EUR compared to GBP.In my experience the GBP price is always the same number of Pounds as Euros i.e. 1:1.

virginblue
10th Aug 2011, 20:53
when priced in EUR compared to GBP.

As said, for Ryanair it is 1:1, for the rest of the world it is 1:1,14. So Ryanair is 14 per cent more expensive for those payning in GBP than for those paying in EUR.:=

Time to join the EUR-zone indeed :oh:

Jack1985
12th Aug 2011, 05:46
Very good piece here by anna.aero on the Ryanair - Irish Gov spat, delighted to see their going to report on the matter... Ryanair V Irish govt: Air Passenger Duty and inbound/outbound tourism (http://www.anna.aero/2011/08/10/ryanair-v-irish-govt-air-passenger-duty-and-inbound-outbound-tourism-an-anna-aero-unbiased-analysis/) :ok:

j636
13th Aug 2011, 16:47
Was in Porto at around 3.30 and a Ryanair flight diverted because of an emergency according to crew on my flight. Runway was closed for a shot while not sure what the problem was as after it landed we started to push back. Nothing on FR website about it.

PPRuNeUser0176
13th Aug 2011, 17:20
Think it was a flight from Dublin, not sure where it was going.

Jamie2k9
13th Aug 2011, 21:32
It was DUB - LPA that diverted. As far as I know it was because of ATC reasons. Landed Porto at 15.37 and departed at 17.38. ACE - DUB this evening was delayed because of ATC issues. TFS and FUE have also had problems to.

j636
17th Aug 2011, 17:30
Like the Ryanair advertisement on there home page but they forget to say you need to travel over 100km to get to the airport. Its a dig at Air France/Cityjet after an incident took place on on the runway in Paris while awaiting departure to Dublin last night.

Also a Belgian trade union is planning to take legal action against Ryanair for what they discribe as unlawful work conditions on cabin crew.

Belgian union taking Ryanair to court - RT News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0817/ryanair.html)

lfc84
17th Aug 2011, 18:33
not the sort of language that i would expect to see on such a website. this will alienate alot of families. immature and short sighted imo

frogone
17th Aug 2011, 18:54
The DUB - LPA flight landed in OPO due to a low oil qty indication. The indication was deemed to be false once on the ground. HIL raised in accordance with the MEL and then the flight blasted off to LPA again.

BFS101
17th Aug 2011, 22:31
Heard from a former FR employee at BHD, and a BE captain, that FR are currently recruiting for a Belfast base. Any truth in the story, haven't heard anything myself?? They didn't know for which airport. Surely not BHD after airport management got BE to replace BRS, EMA and LPL, and baby doing Europe and replaced STN?

FR-
18th Aug 2011, 05:36
Nothing has been posted on internal systems looking for crew, this is where crew are found from first then workforce/crewlink.

fr-

Jamie-Southend
19th Aug 2011, 14:23
Anyone know why any FR flights are not showing up on sites such as Flightstats?

Mercia departure info is stating "Technical difficulties with flight data" but on Ryanair only?

BHX2FRA
19th Aug 2011, 16:42
Anyone know why any FR flights are not showing up on sites such as Flightstats?

Not sure why but haven't shown for nearly three months - assume FR have objected. It's a nuisance - Flightstats is a good source to see which UK airlines fly to a given airport at a certain time of day (where time is more important than departure airport) and I no longer see the FR flights.

Jamie2k9
19th Aug 2011, 23:24
Flights from Kos and Rhodes to Italy for winter?

Ryanair say "The imminent withdrawal of winter is only a speculation" yet they have taken all flights that were on sale off the website. However they added that all winter flights will be finalized by mid September. The Tourism Minister is to visit Dublin and he says that no contract has being signed.

Resuming for winter:
BHX - MLA
LBA - MLA
EDI - MLA
all 2 weekly
FMM - ALC
2 weekly from Dec. The route was due to be dropped at end of Oct but FR decided to reopen the route after AB decided to drop the service from MUC.

SAB
19th Aug 2011, 23:53
Any news regarding if Ryanair will decrase its fleet from 11 to 2 aircraft soon due to the problems with the airport over the airbridges?

Jamie2k9
20th Aug 2011, 00:01
Its going down to 2 for winter but next summer not confirmed how many aircraft it will be.

clareview
20th Aug 2011, 08:40
SAB

I think you will find Ryanair has more than 11 aircraft in its fleet

SAB
20th Aug 2011, 09:21
clareview:

As I have posted in the "Alicante" Section my post regards to this particular base.

Therefore (I was hoping) it should be quite clear for everyone that my post was ment only on Alicante. As their fleet is currently 11 aircraft in Alicante, my post was entirely accurate.

Jamie thank you for your answer! :ok:

blueplatinum
20th Aug 2011, 13:42
Heard from a former FR employee at BHD, and a BE captain, that FR are currently recruiting for a Belfast base. Any truth in the story, haven't heard anything myself?? They didn't know for which airport. Surely not BHD after airport management got BE to replace BRS, EMA and LPL, and baby doing Europe and replaced STN?According to this information (http://goo.gl/fVN85) they are recruiting for a base in Belfast, however looking at the other bases mentioned there are several new ones absent so the page may be out of date.

Edit: Just found this (http://goo.gl/0f4Uk) however although the recruitment event dates suggest it is current, the map again seems out of date. Also Belfast is shown as having only five routes. The reason FR pulled out of BHD was because the runway could not support suitable route expansion and they had five routes then.

Jamie2k9
21st Aug 2011, 00:18
There is no return to Belfast planned at the monument.

jferreira20
21st Aug 2011, 22:33
Jamie, do you have any information about the Porto base?

PPRuNeUser0176
21st Aug 2011, 22:47
Last week MOL would buy a Terminal in Dublin and this week he will leave Ireland if he has to pay more imcome tax on his 1.1million salary. Does it ever stop.

clareview
22nd Aug 2011, 02:38
The old saying there is no such thing as bad publicity - how much advertising money would be required to get Ryanair in the news every week were it not for MOL's announcements, even if most are talk for the sake of talk.

mickyman
22nd Aug 2011, 05:34
And you all perpetuate the MOL myth by discussing it on here.......as have I......####!!

MM

Sober Lark
23rd Aug 2011, 08:43
In the interests of balance, there is little point in constantly trying to put down a successful person. They have a different mindset to unsuccessful people and that's what makes them successful. One can only admire his ability.

BigFrank
23rd Aug 2011, 09:29
"One can only admire his ability..."

You are joking me.

Go on, tell me you are joking me.

You must be joking me.

aer lingus
23rd Aug 2011, 09:44
Ork-Dub being axed in October. Ryanair blaming the opening of the M8 motorway and the high charges at Dublin.

Jack1985
23rd Aug 2011, 11:21
Ork-Dub being axed in October. Ryanair blaming the opening of the M8 motorway and the high charges at Dublin.

Which is completely true whenever im on it theres less then 50 or maybe sometimes 40 people on the route.

Johnny Tightlips
23rd Aug 2011, 12:28
40 or 50 would be a 'good' day. I have seen low 20's fairly often and I have heard about single digit figures on some KIR-DUB flights:ooh:

compton3bravo
23rd Aug 2011, 12:30
Admire his ability Soberlark - ability to annoy just about everyone he has ever come into contact with. I will give MOL great for the amount of money he has put into National Hunt racing in the UK and Ireland but that's about it. If I ever had the opportunity to work with the man I think I would last about five minutes. If someone through a briefcase at me like MOL is alleged to have done to an executive at a meeting recently it would have been thrown straight back!

daz211
23rd Aug 2011, 12:52
Anyone heard anything about Ryanair looking for 10x B777 :confused:.

Heard from someone at STN that Ryanair will split them between STN,FCO and MAD...

I cant see it myself and I dont see why FCO would be talked about.
Is this just another non rumour... I guess so.

Cloud Bunny
23rd Aug 2011, 13:02
I would bet it's just another rumour. When I joined the company quite a few years ago they were talking about 777s being based at STN and DUB. Then it became STN and MAD and now it looks like FCO has been added to the rumour. Along with that during my time in the company we were supposed to have been getting 767's to operate the longer routes (over 4 hours), 777's to operate to New York (or to quote a Frankie Boyle joke "Ryanair are starting a new route to New York, only it's going to stop a little outside New York...........in Dublin!), 787's were a rumour at some point as well as a complete fleet switch to Airbus.
You never know though!! I doubt it.

daz211
23rd Aug 2011, 13:27
I agree, Someone wishing for some thing that I think is along way off.
What is bugging me though is the mention of FCO, If just a rumour why stick FCO into the mix Ryanair dont even use FCO, guess we will just have to wait and see. But I wont be holding my breath.

clareview
23rd Aug 2011, 19:56
How can anyone question O'Leary and the team at Ryanair's ability - bust to 300 new aircraft and over 70m bookings per year in around 20 years - Aer Lingus certainly cant match that.

frogone
23rd Aug 2011, 20:04
Yup you've got to admire MOL, parking 100 aircraft this winter! 777s! LOL

JSCL
23rd Aug 2011, 20:16
frogone could be to do with Ryanair Atlantic?

daz211
23rd Aug 2011, 20:33
So frogone would you fly them then ?
As far as I see it is very good business to park them, What other Airline could afford to do the same ?

airbourne
24th Aug 2011, 02:42
Why bother looking for 777's???

From Wikipedia....

The 737-900ER, which was called the 737-900X prior to launch, is the newest addition and the largest variant of the Boeing 737 line and was introduced to meet the range and passenger capacity of the discontinued 757-200.

An additional pair of exit doors and a flat rear pressure bulkhead increase seating capacity to 180 passengers in a 2-class configuration or 215 passengers in a single-class layout.

If a 757 can cross the pond, why cant this aircraft?

PhilW1981
24th Aug 2011, 12:51
Etops certification?

Cloud Bunny
24th Aug 2011, 13:19
What is bugging me though is the mention of FCO, If just a rumour why stick FCO into the mix Ryanair dont even use FCO

Daz, a few years ago I remember (it was my Dad that actually found the article) there was an article about how Ryanair and Easyjet would have to relocate their CIA operations to FCO as the Italians wanted to close down CIA due to noise and various other things (I'm sorry I can't reproduce it). As I said this was quite a few years ago, I think I was still fairly new in the company at the time. I forgot all about it as nothing more was ever said or heard about but maybe it's that rumour just re-emerging? Having said that I do remember there being something in one of the aviation press about MOL saying that the business model will have to change in the future and FR would start to utilise more major airports. I believe it was discussed somewhere on these forums.
We shall see!! Not that I care, I don't work there anymore!!

clareview
24th Aug 2011, 15:24
Even parking a large number of aircraft over the winter, Ryanair is still profitable, unlike many others.

Turning to crossing the Atlantic, Sun Country fly Minneapolis to Gatwick with a fuel stop in Gander in a B737/800 and Air Canada use an A319 non stop from Newfoundland to LHR. Whilst the B737/900 is used by United Continental on long routes, if it was meant to be a replacement for the B757, why have orders been so low?

daz211
24th Aug 2011, 15:30
Ryanair need larger A/C than the 737-900 this is due to bums on seats the more passenger on one A/C the lower the fare, The lower the fare more bums on seats.

Chidken Sangwich
24th Aug 2011, 15:35
Turning to crossing the Atlantic, Sun Country fly Minneapolis to Gatwick with a fuel stop in Gander in a B737/800 and Air Canada use an A319 non stop from Newfoundland to LHR. Whilst the B737/900 is used by United Continental on long routes, if it was meant to be a replacement for the B757, why have orders been so low?

Its because it doesnt do what it says on the tin. A B739 in all Ryanair 215Y configuration wouldnt stand a chance of getting across the Pond. They are good for around 5h - 5h30m with max charter capacity which FR would want to operate them in.

The 757 however is totally different...

jabird
24th Aug 2011, 16:47
Ryanair need larger A/C than the 737-900 this is due to bums on seats the more passenger on one A/C the lower the fare, The lower the fare more bums on seats.

I beg to differ.

FR currently have 272 738's in the fleet, with another 40 on order. This is taking the original WN concept of sticking to the same type one step further. It means huge economies of scale. Adding to this fleet with 739's would be one thing - 76 or 777s a totally different ball game - hence most indications so far being that if the pond is going to be crossed, it will be done so using a different airline. I can still see plenty of picking from heading east with the same business model, rather than going west with something new and untested - but time will tell.

jabird
24th Aug 2011, 16:48
SAB,

I'm lost - without going through every thread on the board, how were we going to guess your post was about ALC?

Skipness One Echo
24th Aug 2011, 16:55
Um... factoring in a bulk agreement with say Bangor or Gander for fuels stops, couldn't they have a stab at a wave of transatlantics daily to East Coast USA?

jabird
24th Aug 2011, 17:18
SOE - bulk or no bulk, a tech stop still adds a huge amount to the cost base, and it is a major disadvantage to customers. The longer the journey, the less MOL can gain by bartering down airport costs, even on a point-to-point service.

I would have thought BGR would be a more likely destination in its own right - but its core appeal would be during the fall, which wouldn't fit in well with other rosters, so I don't see it happening. It might have limited appeal for people wanting to pick up a car and drive across the US, or perhaps as a BOS North, but I don't think we're talking daily service.

Could DUB or SNN - BOS or YYZ be managed on a 738, in a mix of biz & econ, or would this be out of range?

daz211
24th Aug 2011, 17:44
If Ryanair do this I cant see a fuel stop on a small 737 working, You need big A/C full of passengers paying alot less than the normal Transatlantic fare.
On another note a Niagra Falls service would be nice.

JSCL
25th Aug 2011, 08:52
I just noticed KLM do an Amsterdam to Atlanta with a 738, maybe it is possible after all?

dwlpl
25th Aug 2011, 09:06
Whats the flight number of that service?

OltonPete
25th Aug 2011, 09:15
JSCL

Something tells me that Ryanair might require more than 44 seats.

Quote from the Privitair website

In October 2005, PrivatAir commenced operation of a six-days-a-week, business-class-only service between Amsterdam and Houston on behalf of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, using a 44-seat Boeing Business Jet.

Swiss also use them from Zurich but I believe that some of these routes are changing soon.

Pete

dwlpl
25th Aug 2011, 09:23
JSCL

Something tells me that Ryanair might require more than 44 seats.

Quote from the Privitair website

In October 2005, PrivatAir commenced operation of a six-days-a-week, business-class-only service between Amsterdam and Houston on behalf of KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, using a 44-seat Boeing Business Jet.

Swiss also use them from Zurich but I believe that some of these routes are changing soon.

Pete

I thought that but the poster says Atlanta and not Houston.

JSCL
25th Aug 2011, 09:29
I was just randomly looking at flight radar 24 and saw it - KL25 being the flight number.

FR-
25th Aug 2011, 20:25
Ljubljana Airport has begun talks with the low cost airline Ryanair in fear that Slovenia’s biggest airport will suffer as a result of Adria Airways’ plan to cut up to a third of its flights from the Slovenian capital.

Balkans.com Business News : Slovenia?s biggest airport Ljubljana has begun talks with the low cost airline Ryanair (http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?uniquenumber=117162)

fr-

pee
26th Aug 2011, 07:44
Ljubljana

An excellent winter destination as well.

eu01
27th Aug 2011, 07:57
^^
The negotiations with LJU airport are still under way. If finalized, we can expect flights there beginning from end March (not earlier, unfortunately, but the Alps are beautiful also in Summer). Under discussion are routes from NRN, RYG, CIA, MAD and one or two UK routes.

Jack1985
27th Aug 2011, 09:58
Excellent! i wonder will there be a weekly LCA-DUB flight that has been long awaited?

FR-
27th Aug 2011, 10:03
Looks like the next base is going to be Cyprus (Larnaca).

With regards to LJU i will have to youtube coachtrip to get some info on the city.

fr-

daz211
27th Aug 2011, 10:55
Can anyone tell me if the UK website will ever change back to showing the fare instead of just saying low fares available ?
It is going on abit to long to be just a tech issue.

BTW... Nice to hear that LCA will be new base :ok:.

MidlandDeltic
27th Aug 2011, 11:08
Airborne

From Wikipedia....

The 737-900ER, which was called the 737-900X prior to launch, is the newest addition and the largest variant of the Boeing 737 line and was introduced to meet the range and passenger capacity of the discontinued 757-200.

An additional pair of exit doors and a flat rear pressure bulkhead increase seating capacity to 180 passengers in a 2-class configuration or 215 passengers in a single-class layout.

If a 757 can cross the pond, why cant this aircraft?

Ignoring wikipedia, and looking at Boeing website here
Boeing: Commercial Airplanes - 737 - Range Charts (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/737family/pf/pf_rc_london.html)
gives you the definitive answer.

MD

figgi_gsm
29th Aug 2011, 10:17
anyone have a rough idea when Edinburgh to Barcelona for spring will be on sale? or if it will ever be?

FR8364
30th Aug 2011, 10:51
Hello! I am new in this forum. I have a blog about Seville's aiport: svqairport.********.com . Somebody knows about new routes from Seville with Ryanair? and... Will the route Seville-East Midlands continue to operate in 2012? Thank you.

j636
30th Aug 2011, 11:25
Ryanair and Failte Irelamd Target UK Golfers With Innovative? (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-and-failte-irelamd-target-uk-golfers-with-innovative-golf-bags-fly-free-promotion)

Ryanair Bags Faro Golfers With 'Clubs Fly Free' Promo (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-bags-faro-golfers-with-clubs-fly-free-promo)

OliWW
30th Aug 2011, 11:52
Cant see of a reason for them to stop EMA-SVQ, loads have been pretty good and other restrictions are extremely low. i.e slots

pee
30th Aug 2011, 13:08
Cant see of a reason for them to stop... (whatever)
The problem is they do it quite often and indeed, different routes end with no obvious reason. There is nothing you can do about it, apparently. Need some examples? Tampere - Malaga stopping in October, for instance. For many Europeans +15 degrees in Malaga in November it's just nothing very attractive, no reason to travel there. For us Finns it's a lovely chance to take a break and relief. During such a period we would pay much to flee from depressing darkness and chilly autumn weather. But... surprise, surprise, that's when the flights just end. Possibly the lack of insight as a reason for that.

compton3bravo
30th Aug 2011, 15:38
May I point out pee that Malaga is a damn sight warmer than the plus15 degrees you are suggesting in November - on average 20 deg I should know I live on the coast! Cannot understand Ryanair dropping the Tampere route as we get a lot of Scandahooligans (local joke) here in the winter to get away from the cold weather and dark days and play a lot of golf etc.
Cheers C3B

Cyrano
30th Aug 2011, 17:20
May I point out pee that Malaga is a damn sight warmer than the plus15 degrees you are suggesting in November

I read +15 as a relative rather than absolute value...

FR-
30th Aug 2011, 17:25
absolute value...

0 kelvin? Thats about -273C. (Sorry have to make use of my chemistry degree at somepoint ((st andrews))

daz211
30th Aug 2011, 17:53
Ryanair diversion to Nantes and Gatwick

Flight FR9803 from Barcelona Girona to London Stansted today (30th Aug) diverted to Nantes after a passenger complained about an unusual ‘odour’. The aircraft landed normally and passengers disembarked. Ryanair engineers travelled to Nantes, examined the aircraft and cleared it to depart at 15:15hrs (local) with a delay of just over four hours. The aircraft will land in Stansted at 17:30hrs (local). All 189 passengers were provided with refreshment vouchers by Ryanair in Nantes and Ryanair apologises sincerely to passengers for the delay and inconvenience caused.

17:15hrs Update
After approximately one hour in-flight a passenger complained of ‘fumes’ in the rear galley. The aircraft diverted to the nearest airport (Gatwick) where it landed normally at 17:07hrs (local) and passengers were disembarked for onward transfer by coach to Stansted. Ryanair’s engineers in Gatwick will inspect the aircraft which has been removed from service for the remainder of the day or until this issue has been resolved. Ryanair apologises sincerely to passengers for this additional delay and inconvenience.

Daysleeper
30th Aug 2011, 19:19
Ryanair’s engineers in Gatwick will inspect the aircraft which has been removed from service for the remainder of the day or until this issue has been resolved.

Does that mean if they haven't fixed it by tomorrow it flies anyhow :E

EI-DAC
30th Aug 2011, 21:29
Coming soon winter seasonal routes:
STN-GNB
DUB-GNB
DUB-SZG
DUB-TRN

starting from end of December, all routes to be operated 1x.

Very strong reduction from last year, these routes have never been profitable for FR.

mikkie4
30th Aug 2011, 21:41
hope that planes not mine ,am flying to lpa tomorrow from stansted

peba
31st Aug 2011, 00:19
why would ryr put this on its website?I am very confused!!
If they are doing this,then why not tell the good paying pax,all about the decompression's of late or of the instances of engine trouble.leading to single engine landings.the flap problems....the list can go on. Just read "Flying In Ireland" about them monthly.
It seems to me that they had to report something before they have another incident like the tfs-crl flight a while back,where they tried to keep it all "hush hush" which back fired to great effect!!!

All pax received vouchers......all €5 each.(I believe that is the figure for dub airport so i presume its the same elsewhere).

OFSO
31st Aug 2011, 10:10
Just heard FR9803 from GRO to STN made two "emergency" landings yesterday, one at Nantes and one at Gatwick, after passengers smelled smoke in the rear of the a/c. Precautionary rather than emergency. Newspaper I read didn't have a follow-up so no idea whether anything was found.

Scoobywill
31st Aug 2011, 15:04
The coach between Gatwick and Stanstead was forced to pull over after some passengers complained of fumes coming from the rear. Fortunately they were 16 miles from Stanstead, which under Ryanair’s terms and conditions is an acceptable walking distance. Ryanair apologises sincerely to passengers for this additional delay and is looking to impose a future policy of ‘no smelling’ on their flights.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
31st Aug 2011, 15:05
<<two "emergency" landings yesterday, ............................ Precautionary rather than emergency.>>

So why does the word "emergency" appear in the thread title?

Torque Tonight
31st Aug 2011, 15:07
Hysterical Scooby. Have you considered stand-up comedy?

RegDep
31st Aug 2011, 15:49
Incident: Ryanair B738 near Nantes and London on Aug 30th 2011, odour on board (http://www.avherald.com/h?article=442302d3&opt=0)

crew decided to divert to Nantes squawking emergency

crew decided to divert to Gatwick squawking emergency again

Pilot2/b
31st Aug 2011, 16:27
Who said it was just ONE pax?! I think you have this fact very wrong!! :ugh:

Joshilini
31st Aug 2011, 16:31
If one pax can only smell the fumes and nobody else, should the crew still divert? :=

Jamie2k9
31st Aug 2011, 19:21
Passenger can now change there bookings after they check in online.

Coming soon winter seasonal routes:
STN-GNB
DUB-GNB
DUB-SZG
DUB-TRN

starting from end of December, all routes to be operated 1x.

Very strong reduction from last year, these routes have never been profitable for FR.

Not a reduction from DUB. SZG will be 2 weekly.

anyone have a rough idea when Edinburgh to Barcelona for spring will be on sale? or if it will ever be?

In next few weeks.

jabird
31st Aug 2011, 20:50
Can anyone comment on MOL's plans for the new BBI / BER? Should he stay or should he go? Or will he try and use the 'old' terminal @ SXF?

EI-DAC
1st Sep 2011, 08:05
@Jamie: that's correct, I meant a reduction on other ski routes, mainly from Scandinavian and UK destinations such as NYO/EDI/PIK/LPL...
Last year some flights operated just in February.

tabu
2nd Sep 2011, 12:47
Change the language at the top from UK English to another English (for example Croatia (English) work fine. The fares are then displayed as they used to be.

Apologies if this has been answered before...

FR-
2nd Sep 2011, 12:50
Low-cost carriers Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYA) (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=RYA:ID) and Wizz Air Ltd. (http://wizzair.com/) are in talks to make Thessaloniki, Greece (http://topics.bloomberg.com/greece/)’s second-largest city, a hub for their operations in southeast Europe (http://topics.bloomberg.com/europe/), Imerisia (http://www.imerisia.gr/article.asp?catid=13901&subid=2&pubid=111995164) reported, without citing anyone.

Ryanair, Wizz Air in Talks on Thessaloniki Hub, Imerisia Says - Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-02/ryanair-wizz-air-in-talks-on-thessaloniki-hub-imerisia-says.html)

fr-

irish lad
2nd Sep 2011, 21:05
Any chance ryanair will open routes from Dublin to Greece or the Greek islands?

daz211
3rd Sep 2011, 07:53
Thanks for the info, I do look at the croatia (English) site, What I am trying to find out is why the (UK) site only shows low fares available, even when there are NO fares/flights available on some dates :ugh:.

What is the LAW on advertising Low fares available on a flight that does not fly on that day :=.

FR-
5th Sep 2011, 14:38
*RYANAIR'S AUGUST TRAFFIC GROWS 6%

*NEW MONTHLY RECORD OF 8.14M PAX

News | Interactive Investor (http://www.iii.co.uk/investment/detail?code=cotn:RYA.L&display=news&it=le)

j636
5th Sep 2011, 16:25
Ryanair said today that they may add more routes from MAN next summer if the base does wel.

Hunge demand for Oslo and winter sun routes. THey claim to have sold 20,000 seats so far for winter season. I find that a very low amount. They will be operateing 80 - 100 weekly flights (mabye over) and thats a total of 16,000 ish seats availible weekly. In that context 20,000 seats is nothing,

Jamie2k9
5th Sep 2011, 21:42
Ryanair said today that they may add more routes from MAN next summer if the base does wel.

Hunge demand for Oslo and winter sun routes. THey claim to have sold 20,000 seats so far for winter season. I find that a very low amount. They will be operateing 80 - 100 weekly flights (mabye over) and thats a total of 16,000 ish seats availible weekly. In that context 20,000 seats is nothing,

FR will have 32886 seats weekly from MAN with 174 weekly flights.

FR-
6th Sep 2011, 07:10
Speaking of huge demand, when will ryanair add the extra flights from TFS,ACE,LPA for over Christmas?

fr-

alm1
6th Sep 2011, 07:49
KUN will have 44 extra flights during Christmas period compared to 58 weekly departures so they have learned at least here.

peba
6th Sep 2011, 11:17
the ryr website says up to 260 weekly flights from MAN which is considerably more than 174. I presume that will be made up after the base increase to 4 ac?(or even more)

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Sep 2011, 19:21
Did an FR aircraft have problems after it left DUB at around 15.00??

racedo
6th Sep 2011, 19:31
Did an FR aircraft have problems after it left DUB at around 15.00??

Incident: Ryanair B738 near Dublin on Sep 6th 2011, lightning strike (http://www.avherald.com/h?article=44282f3d&opt=0)

Lighting strike.

j636
7th Sep 2011, 12:56
Would expect a few more rotues from EIN lather this year on early next.

Transavia starting Venice-Trevsio and Valencia from EIN in Feb 2012, FR will start them sooner or lather.

F14
7th Sep 2011, 20:29
OK guys, so what are the bets for the new bases in 2012 ???

Lots of work going on at BVA,TSF,WRO,KRK. Extra aircraft parking and improvements to the ILS systems..........:ok:

Jamie2k9
7th Sep 2011, 21:34

Lots of work going on at BVA,TSF,WRO,KRK. Extra aircraft parking and improvements to the ILS systems..........http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

BVA will never be a base. FR have said this a number of times. They could overnight aircraft like MRS but un lightly.

Palma, Turin, Laranca....with one almost certain.

FR-
8th Sep 2011, 00:17
Turin from may

francisco_lb
8th Sep 2011, 10:01
Hi guys, i am new in this forum. I would like to say hello to everybody and that i am following you since time ago.

As now you are talking about new bases, i have heard strong rumors about Mallorca and it could be opened in December. Let´see if its true.....fingers crossed.

Regards
Francisco

jethro15
8th Sep 2011, 11:28
Can anyone add substance to the rumour that Ryanair have canceled the order for five aircraft from their next batch of proposed deliveries that were due this year?

pee
8th Sep 2011, 12:36

Lots of work going on at BVA,TSF,WRO,KRK. Extra aircraft parking and improvements to the ILS systems.
BVA - more flights, but no base, unless France changes its employment law.
TSF - would be a logical and unsurprising move, but are the incentives good enough?
WRO, KRK - a long lasting story. Next year the Euro 2012 Football Championship will take place in Poland, but... not everything that seems logical is implemented @FR.

RAT 5
8th Sep 2011, 15:31
Don't see TSF myself. That is if it stays with a smallish apron, and the takeoffs are generally against the landings' direction. Weather factor is not good; it would need CAT 3. Just down the road are Verona & Bresia, Cover the same region and have more facilities.

francisco_lb
8th Sep 2011, 15:51
MOL will be next tuesday in Lisbon. Next base maybe????

CEO da Ryanair, Michael O’Leary, em Lisboa na terça-feira | Low Cost Portugal (http://www.lowcostportugal.net/viajar/aeroportos/lisboa/ceo-da-ryanair-michael-oleary-em-lisboa-na-terca-feira/2011/09/)

WallyWumpus
9th Sep 2011, 08:21
RAT5, I have no opinion on tsf as a base, but in terms of catIII, the airport has been closed all summer as it being installed.

We have been flying to Venice main in the interim, and the views at the front are much much better!

FR-
9th Sep 2011, 08:34
It makes me wonder about TSF and VCE, the loads have been much better since we have been flying into VCE, and from the price on ryanair.com the tickets cost alittle more aswell. I know from the UK pax who want a short city break would rather fly to VCE than TSF.

fr-

mrjames1967
10th Sep 2011, 05:36
Hi everybody,

Was just wondering if Jamie, or indeed anybody else knows, what Ryanair's plans for Karlstad in Sweden are?

Both Ryanair and the airport say they're happy with how the Girona flight has gone this summer. Are there plans to open more routes for summer 2012 with, perhaps, a flight to London?

Best
James

eu01
10th Sep 2011, 09:08
The long-running developments regarding low-fares airlines entering Montenegro seem to be finally going somewhere
The same source (Balkans Business News (http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?uniquenumber=118982)) just gave us more details:According to the Montenegrin Government, Europe’s largest low cost airline is finalising its plans to commence flights to Podgorica. The Montenegrin Government has been actively involved in talks with Ryanair in order for it to commence flights. While the services are to be subsidised (to an undisclosed amount), the government has laid out strict terms. The airline will be obligated to carry 100.000 passengers out of Podgorica in 1 year and carry 50.000 passengers during the low season, from October until May.
(...)
Ryanair will be obliged to operate for a full year.
This deal, if signed, deserves a closer look. The Monternegrin Government seems to be smart in these negotiations: half of pax to be carried during the low season... Successful in trying to reverse FR attitude of being more and more holiday carrier nowadays?

vytgri
10th Sep 2011, 09:34
Hi All,

Once again, I can see SXF among destinations from KUN. Has anyone got a clue when or whether will it be on sale?

FR-
10th Sep 2011, 09:35
I wouldnt call it a holiday hot spot. . . but ryanair will fly anywhere if the government is helping out with 'marketing'. You can be sure the flights won't be running at a loss with all the perks from the deal.

fr-

F14
10th Sep 2011, 11:39
Looks like no base, or even airport at Trevsio. Due to a challenge from the anti-airport expansion group all work is now stopped until 19 Jan 2012.

Maybe VCE could benefit?

Sunnyjohn
11th Sep 2011, 12:44
I've just seen this as part of a reply on Aviation Herald to the news that a Ryanair flight to Stockholm had an engine shut down. Is it true or a wind-up?

I believe that this was actually a test flight.
They are planning that during the winter months, on some of the less busy routes they will fly the 737's on one engine if the aircraft are less than half full. It sounds kind of spooky, but if it keeps the routes open and saves fuel, who knows, this might catch on.

NorthernCounties
11th Sep 2011, 13:07
Sounds a bit like a wind up. When a plane is half full, it isn't have the weight. It's got the constant machine weight plus half the passenger weight. Yes of course planes could fly with one engine but surely this would cause unnecessary wear and tear, increasing maintenance costs. Plus the fact that for take off and landing, the most fuel intensive stages of flight, both engines will be required.

Sunnyjohn
11th Sep 2011, 13:32
Thanks NC - my gut feeling was that it was a wind-up (I'm an ex-aircraft maintenance engineer) but these days you never know!

EI-DAC
11th Sep 2011, 16:21
It makes me wonder about TSF and VCE, the loads have been much better since we have been flying into VCE, and from the price on ryanair.com the tickets cost alittle more aswell. I know from the UK pax who want a short city break would rather fly to VCE than TSF.

Same story when FR moved from Forlì to BLQ and for routes switched from GRO to BCN or TPS to PMO. That's why FR is moving to major airports, better l.f. and better yield.

WallyWumpus
11th Sep 2011, 19:37
737s are regularly flown on one-engine during commercial operations. The critical consideration for the flight-crew is to remain outside of the "cone of uncertainty", which in simple terms is the combination of height and speed that would NOT allow the second engine to be started in the event of the first one failing.

The exact calculation of this region is part of the day to day flight planning process.

Flightmech
11th Sep 2011, 19:45
What a load of crap. 737's are never flown commercially on one engine, or any other airliner come to that would normally fly without it's normal complement of engines operating. The only time an airliner is flown with less than its normal complement of engines operating is if it has an IFSD (in-flight shutdown) a rare event in which case it would divert to the nearest suitable airport. Another rare time would be if a 3 or 4 engine aircraft performs a 2 or 3 engine ferry to a place (maintenance basefor example), for an engine change.

groundhogbhx
11th Sep 2011, 20:59
The only aircraft I can think of that would routinely shut down engines in flight was the Nimrod. In loiter mode they would shut down 2 to increase time on station. Never been in that position myself but know some who have.

FR-
12th Sep 2011, 08:11
Another little rant about fees

Shannon has priced itself out of market, says O'Leary - Irish, Business - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/shannon-has-priced-itself-out-of-market-says-oleary-2873504.html)

fr-

silverhawk
12th Sep 2011, 12:09
WallyWumpus is quite correct!

Ryanair fuel policy does require single-engine cruise if you elect to depart with plog fuel, but to ensure safety considerations, you must maintain the 'windmill start envelope' to give a better chance for the inflight restart. This avoids the reliance on the starter motor and reduces maintenance costs.

I'm sure other airlines will soon adopt this policy as the 'greenest' mode of operation.

Flightmech
12th Sep 2011, 13:17
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Greaserman
12th Sep 2011, 13:57
There might be a Lisbon base announcement tomorrow ;-) The big boss is heading over there tomorrow.

Sunnyjohn
12th Sep 2011, 14:25
Oh dear - it was an honest question but I'm beginning to wish I hadn't posted it!

Flightmech
12th Sep 2011, 14:36
There was nothing wrong with your original question. A Ryanair flight may well have landed in Stockholm with an engine shut down, but it would have been for nothing else than a technical reason and certainly not for economy reasons.

silverhawk
12th Sep 2011, 14:53
Oh, for goodness sake, lighten up!

Any real pilots on here will recognise that my tongue was well into my cheek.

All you do is emphasise the fear culture that predominates at RYR. Bear in mind that a colleague at my base killed himself earlier this year and a major factor in that act was his perception of his employment.

WallyWumpus
12th Sep 2011, 15:48
I fly for RYR.

If anyone was in any way distressed or alarmed at my comments on single engine operations, if they came across as anything other that completely sarcastic ("cone of uncertainty"!!!!!) then I would like to offer a sincere and unreserved apology to....

....all the people you know and that have to put up with must be quite a stilted and humour-free relationship. This is not applicable to the person who asked the original question, and they seemed genuine.

jferreira20
12th Sep 2011, 16:40
It's very unlikely. MOL will pressure portuguese authorities to give the conditions he wants (25 min turnaround and terminal 2, that is currently used to domestic flights, for lowcost).

FR-
12th Sep 2011, 16:56
Ive noticed over fb that a few people are expecting a base in LIS, I really dont see it, we have never opened a base without putting a few routes in first to 'test the water'.

fr-

FR8364
12th Sep 2011, 18:13
Hello! I think to remember that FR opened BCN base unless any routes. But, really, I dont see a base in LIS. FR only fly to few mains europes airports: BCN, MAD, LGW, DUB and no much more I think.

Bye
SVQ

j636
12th Sep 2011, 18:26
Ryanair Extends its Reserved Seating Service on 11 Milan Bergamo? (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-extends-its-reserved-seating-service-on-11-routes-to-from-milan-bergamo)

pcgavaghan
12th Sep 2011, 18:29
BHD was a base with no prior routes??

FR-
12th Sep 2011, 19:06
Effective 22nd September 2011 Ryanair will extend its reserved seating trial on following routes:

DUB to / from AGP / LGW / STN / ACE / TFS / LPA / FUE / IBZ / FAO / MLA / BGY / CRL

STN to / from ACE / FUE / TFS / LPA / BGY

BGY to / from ALC / LPA / FEZ / CIA / ACE / AGP / CRL / RAK / TFS / DUB / STN

CRL to / from AGA / DUB / FAO / FEZ / FUE / LPA / ACE / LCA / AGP / RAK / TFS

Jamie2k9
12th Sep 2011, 23:15
Wouldn't expect a base in LIS tomorrow. As FR said they will add a few routes before they consider a base in time.

vytgri
13th Sep 2011, 06:25
Is there any chance to see FR at FNC in foreseeable future? IMO, superb sunshine destination, still underestimated...

irish lad
13th Sep 2011, 12:01
FR dropping Dublin - Aberdeen route... Aer Lingus regional will be delighted to hear that!

Jimogr
13th Sep 2011, 12:24
Details about Lisbon press conference here:
Michael O Leary, CEO da Ryanair, pergunta: a ANA não nos autoriza voar em Lisboa. Porquê? | Low Cost Portugal (http://www.lowcostportugal.net/viajar/aeroportos/michael-o-leary-ceo-da-ryanair-pergunta-a-ana-nao-nos-autoriza-voar-em-lisboa-porque/2011/09/)

Short version: MOL asks why they can't fly into Lisbon.

apaul
13th Sep 2011, 15:34
Ryanair is switching its 'free' card yet again. Presumably it is trying to grab money while it can before the OFT gets its act together on unfair card charges. Ryanair launches branded prepaid MasterCard (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-launches-branded-prepaid-mastercard)

eu01
13th Sep 2011, 16:07
Ryanair is switching its 'free' card yet again

The main message is here: "bookings made with any other UK MasterCard prepaid card will attract Ryanair’s £6 admin fee from 1st November 2011 onwards."

Not so unexpectedly, this "reform" cycle hardly lasts more than two years.

blueplatinum
13th Sep 2011, 17:15
"UK bookings ....", it only seems to apply to flights (inc. returns) originating at a UK airport. Presumably for political reasons this will have to exclude "Derry" which appears in the Ireland section of FR's booking system but presents its prices in GBP.

NorthernCounties
13th Sep 2011, 17:41
Incorrect, Derry is also under the UK for "political reasons". :ok:

YaYa T
13th Sep 2011, 18:38
Ryanair passenger 'threatened with arrest' after she refused to leave overbooked holiday flight to Manchester | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk (http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1458568_ryanair-passenger-threatened-with-arrest-after-she-refused-to-leave-overbooked-holiday-flight-to-manchester)

Bengt
13th Sep 2011, 18:53
Just waiting for another obscure card to be used in countries outside the UK...
Why not Diner's Club or American Express, both cards with high annual fees...:ugh:

davidjohnson6
13th Sep 2011, 18:55
I had a look through the terms and conditions of use of the new prepaid card (yes I know the web link is broken but Googling ' ryanair cashpassport' brings up a document. The terms and conditions of the new card look considerably more harsh than many other prepaid cards available in the Uk - both in terms of fees charged and also ease of use. One would need to have a very specific and large set of flights for this new prepaid card to be really worrhwhile. One can only assume that as a previous poster wrote that this is just a last grasp for cash before charging for debit cards is banned in the Uk

blueplatinum
13th Sep 2011, 19:19
Another Ryanair classic
Ryanair passenger 'threatened with arrest' after she refused to leave overbooked holiday flight to Manchester | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

"
Airline bosses told the M.E.N. that the overbooking was due to a mix-up with a family and Janine was selected because it was thought she was the last person to board the plane.
"

Irrelevent. It is the order people check-in that matters. They should have identified PAX with sequence numbers above 189 and off-loaded the one with the highest number (having first asked for a volunteer).

Hamburg 2K8
13th Sep 2011, 19:40
I am flying to Faro from MAN on Friday 30th Sep returning Sunday 2nd Oct. Have booked this on a credit card some months ago. However, I may have to cancel, basically I would like to know will I get any money back at all? I won't know for sure if I have to cancel until next week.

eu01
13th Sep 2011, 19:47
In terms of money, it probably doesn't weigh that much, FR will still in most cases be THE cheapest one, regardless of those deplorable fees. However, FR will make a disservice to themselves again. What other than price can influence the load factors? The attitude towards customers, doesn't it really matter at all?
-----
will I get any money back at all?
Kidding? Read Ryanair's terms and conditions. You DID agree.

FR-
13th Sep 2011, 19:51
No it was 189 plus a few infants, but one of the infants was not, and required a seat. She shouldn't of been treated like that by the handling agents, but still she has almost 3hrs to think about putting in for a claim.

“After landing at Manchester Airport I suffered a massive panic attack. It was a horrible experience.”

PPRuNeUser0176
13th Sep 2011, 19:56
You will if you have a very good reason. ie - family menber died. Dosn't work in all cases but there is a good chance you would.

Sunnyjohn
13th Sep 2011, 21:03
Thank you silver hawk. It was a genuine question and I expected a sensible answer. I am not a pilot - I trained as an aircraft engineer but I have been away from the business for some years. Can I respectfully suggest that you take more care when posting by bearing in mind that some of us, although we have various reasons for accessing Pprune, do not have current experience.

Ta, and no offence!

blueplatinum
13th Sep 2011, 21:04
No it was 189 plus a few infants, but one of the infants was not, and required a seat. She shouldn't of been treated like that by the handling agents, but still she has almost 3hrs to think about putting in for a claim.

“After landing at Manchester Airport I suffered a massive panic attack. It was a horrible experience.”Yes - I see. But my point was that it should be check-in order not boarding order that is relevant.

Sunnyjohn
13th Sep 2011, 21:05
. . . and thanks to you Wally Wumpus for a straight apology. It was indeed a genuine question.

blueplatinum
14th Sep 2011, 09:16
The FR announcement regarding the new card that must be used to book flights originating in the UK (to avoid a £6 per flight leg fee) has caused much confusion on social networking sites and at MoneySavingExpert.com (http://goo.gl/5zQsI).

People think that there is still a £6 card booking fee per flight leg which is then re-imbursed as a voucher. To me the announcement is clear that it is the fee for initially purchasing the card (£6) which is re-imbursed as a voucher.

Perhaps it was a mistake to choose the sum of £6 as the fee.

jdcg
14th Sep 2011, 16:12
This prepaid Mastercard thing will also be a great ruse for beefing up bookings during the quiet pre-Xmas period. Everyone will be rushing to book before the deadline one presumes.
It's a really loathsome way of doing business. The worst of it is that it they don't even charge by transaction but per flight.
It's not much better with the likes of EZY either because Electron cards are like hen's teeth these days. Halifax have just withdrawn that particular account.
It's high time the Government took action.

ayroplain
14th Sep 2011, 21:39
Amazing how whenever this subject comes up it is always Ryanair who gets the flak. Doesn't the Regulator or any other "money expert" know that many other airlines including EI and BMI also charge these fees. Don't know about BMI but last time I flew EI there was, unlike Ryanair, no option to avoid the fees but please correct me if this has changed.

Ryanair’s £6 admin fee will not apply to UK bookings completed with Ryanair Cash Passport from 4th October onward. All UK bookings made with any other UK MasterCard prepaid card will attract Ryanair’s £6 admin fee from 1st November 2011 onwards.
That appears to convey the impression that a booking from UK made with a prepaid Mastercard issued by any other country will not attract the fee.

Shamrock350
14th Sep 2011, 22:11
Amazing how whenever this subject comes up it is always Ryanair who gets the flak. Doesn't the Regulator or any other "money expert" know that many other airlines including EI and BMI also charge these fees. Don't know about BMI but last time I flew EI there was, unlike Ryanair, no option to avoid the fees but please correct me if this has changed.

Aer Lingus have Visa Electron as their free option although they'll have to change that soon enough as Visa Electrons are disappearing. Knowing Aer Lingus though, as long as a few are still floating around they'll keep it as their only free option until they are probably forced to offer a new alternative. And all Aer Lingus advertised flights exclude the handling fee of course.

DjerbaDevil
14th Sep 2011, 22:46
jethro15:
Aircraft order cancelations?

According to "Jethro's" the following aircraft order has been cancelled by RyanAir:

(EIESL)Boeing B738-8AS-W34988 / 3646Origionally ordered by Ryanair
A/C to be acquired by Avolon
(EIESM)Boeing B738-8AS-W34992 / 3772Origionally ordered by Ryanair
(EIESN)Boeing B738-8AS-W34991 / 3780 Origionally ordered by Ryanair
(EIESO)Boeing B738-8AS-W34989 / 3787 Origionally ordered by Ryanair
(EIESP)Boeing B738-8AS-W34990 / 3789 Origionally ordered by Ryanair

james170969
15th Sep 2011, 08:45
Does anyone know when the Ryanair cashpassport will be available? I've tried clicking on the link on Ryanair's website but nothing happens. The prepaid mastercard that I have at the moment will attract the booking fee of £6 per person per single flight as of October 4th. Ryanair aren't giving people much time to apply for the new card so as to avoid the fee.

Steviec9
15th Sep 2011, 08:55
According to the FR Press release:

Ryanair’s £6 admin fee will not apply to UK bookings completed with Ryanair Cash Passport from 4th October onward. All UK bookings made with any other UK MasterCard prepaid card will attract Ryanair’s £6 admin fee from 1st November 2011 onwards

So the card should be available for application from latest 4th October and there will be a four week period before the existing Prepaid Mastercard bookings start to attract the booking fees. Still tight, but there is an overlap.

Still awaiting exact details of how it will work but this new CashPassport will clearly have more onerous T&Cs and transaction fees than many of the existing Prepaid Mastercards. Nonetheless, for frequent FR flyers like myself, it should still be worth it. I pay about 50p per transaction on my current prepaid card, which is significantly less than £6 booking fee per single ticket.

james170969
15th Sep 2011, 09:03
Thanks for that Stevie. What really annoys me is the fact that every couple of years we have to apply for a different card because Ryanair keep moving the goalposts.

Steviec9
15th Sep 2011, 09:26
True - but the Visa Electron card I managed to get is still useful for the increasing amount of Aer Lingus bookings I make to get to/from Shannon now that FR timings are all over the place and the daily LGW-SNN service is virtually suspended until late October.

Prepaid Mastercard useful for internet stuff but not bothered if I get rid of it once it's no good for Ryanair. Applying for prepaid cards doesn't affect your credit scoring like multiple applications for credit cards.

I'm just happy to think that for the last 3 years or so, I haven't paid any fees to Ryanair and fly with them at least 1x month. I once bought a cup of coffee on the flight (I was desperate....), so they made £2 out of me. ;)

EI-DAC
15th Sep 2011, 11:44
Ryanair coming soon to Milan-MXP ?

pee
15th Sep 2011, 12:31
Ryanair coming soon to Milan-MXP?
Frankly: What for? While e.g. in Spain, BCN is very close to town and GRO far away from Barcelona, it's not the case in Milan. Why would Ryanair decide to do it?

But of course, you may have some flows of a true non-public information... :rolleyes:

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Sep 2011, 15:03
There are reports that Ryanair are to cut further at DUB next summer as a result it is lightly to fall to 3 place in base size. CRL will over take it if the major cuts go ahead.

These cuts come when they will be paying less to operate from DUB compared to this year.

They cut services on 1 August and further cuts from 29 October.

positive
15th Sep 2011, 15:39
Aer Lingus will be very happy about Ryanair cutting services at Dublin....

j636
15th Sep 2011, 15:43
Ryanair Condemns Ferrovial/BAA Judiial Review (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-condemns-ferrovial-baa-judiial-review)

by Releasing an Online GuideRyanair Reveales 'Secrets' to? (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-reveales-secrets-to-avoiding-optional-fees-by-releasing-an-online-guide)

EI-DAC
15th Sep 2011, 16:06
But of course, you may have some flows of a true non-public information...

Nothing secret ;) Speculations on italian forums: AF and LHI will leave MXP from next winter, all flights to be moved to LIN, anso BA and KLM should close operations from MXP soon. So MXP could have a new role as low cost hub.

airhumberside
15th Sep 2011, 18:58
AF moving all Paris-Milan flights to Linate is confirmed, but their new MRS-Milan service will use MXP. (MRS-MXP is part of their new regional strategy designed to take on low cost airlines though)

JSCL
15th Sep 2011, 19:01
Ryanair in tonight's watchdog!

peba
15th Sep 2011, 21:59
I think DUB will do well to stay in the top 3 bases next year. STN BCN MAD DUB CRL.
i dont think there is any more room in CRL for more a/c so they are stuck with what they have.pity coz i hear its going very well as a base overall.

Jamie2k9
15th Sep 2011, 22:56
Ryanairs largest bases in terms of aircraft based:
Info based on July:
STN - 38
DUB - 18
MAD - 15
CRL - 14
BGY - 13

There DUB S12 looks more less the same as this summer, don't expect a reduction.

caja
18th Sep 2011, 16:35
Where can I see this information?

Jamie2k9
18th Sep 2011, 22:49
Flights to Podgorica confirmed, not start date yet.

Stansted and Glasgow were due to be operated, STN still has a chance but Glasgow is a non starter. Currently the government and FR are agreeing on the first destinations.

vytgri
19th Sep 2011, 07:20
@Jamie - any rumours/info on KUN-SXF yet?

j636
20th Sep 2011, 17:04
Ryanair Slashes Dublin's Lowest Ski Fares (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-slashes-dublin-s-lowest-ski-fares)

DUB - SZG €89.99 not FR slashing fares, the price to SZG has gone up. It was cheeper but not sure by how much.

jaypla
22nd Sep 2011, 04:25
I heard rumours,that ryanair is closing Berlin and shifting operations to Leipzig, is it true?

EI-DAC
22nd Sep 2011, 07:52
Berlin-Leipzig is 190km...

Curious Pax
22nd Sep 2011, 08:07
Berlin-East then...

Sorry...hat...coat.....

pee
22nd Sep 2011, 08:29
Berlin-East then...
Nope, not at all. Leipzig-Halle apt is situated to the South/South-West of Berlin. To the East, there are two airfields that were for years envisaged as Ryanair's own airports serving Berlin and Brandenburg, both with decent runways, both within 50-70 km from Berlin. Unfortunately, both (Eberswalde-Finow and Neuhardenberg) were denied certificates to operate aircraft up to 85 tonnes.

looot
22nd Sep 2011, 15:59
RTN The Favourite Free Newspaper For The Costa Blanca, Costa Calida - Ryanair begins to pull out of Alicante (http://www.roundtownnews.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30796&Itemid=31)

Jamie2k9
22nd Sep 2011, 23:47
Klagenfurt - to Gothenburg -City
Klagenfurt - Stockholm-Skavsta

From 17 December once weekly, operated by Stockholm aircraft.

j636
26th Sep 2011, 15:41
Avolon in Ryanair, AirAsia aircraft deal - The Irish Times - Mon, Sep 26, 2011 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0926/1224304754614.html)

5 due to FR this week, could this be why they sold the order from boeing.

LGS6753
26th Sep 2011, 15:48
Looking at the website, it seems the Stansted to Prestwick service ceases at the end of October.
It's not available to book, and not on the timetable. Has this been announced?

EI-DAC
27th Sep 2011, 07:02
It's amazing to see that Ryanair will receive 5 aircraft next week, as they leave 80 ones on ground by the end of October.

Hollymead
27th Sep 2011, 08:54
Looking at the website, it seems the Stansted to Prestwick service ceases at the end of October.
It's not available to book, and not on the timetable. Has this been announced?

Yes , in July .

Ryanair axes London route because of (http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/ryanair-axes-london-route-because-of-nuts-taxation-1.1111871)

eu01
27th Sep 2011, 16:44
"I’ve just got my hands on an advance copy of the full list of fees for the new Ryanair credit card, and it’s looking even more expensive than expected" writes Elaine Moore in Financial Times.
On top of the £6 cost of the card and the inactivity charge of £2.50 per month if the card if not used for six months, it seems that using the card will cost significantly more than the most travel cards on the market.

We now know that the card carries a 5.75 per cent foreign transaction fee - market average is about 2.75 per cent. That means that every time the card is used when abroad the currency will be calculated using the exchange rate set by Mastercard on the day of purchase plus 5.75 per cent.

And as well as that, there’s a £2 foreign ATM charge and a £2 fee for using UK cash points and card holders will need to load the card with a minimum of £150 (other cards usually require £100).Is there no end to Ryanair fees? - FT.com (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/17637434-e907-11e0-ac9c-00144feab49a.html#ixzz1ZAi6lnhu)

racedo
27th Sep 2011, 20:55
FT article is a poor one as while interesting doesn't back up the 2.75% as only a single card is shown and it ignores the fixed fee elements sadly beloved by many banks for withdrawing cash abroad or using the card abroad.

Danny_R
27th Sep 2011, 22:05
5.75% is still very high regardless, I have both Fairfx and Claxton cards for foreign currency transactions and both of these are a lot less than that, Fairfx is 1.4% with a £1 ATM fee.

jabird
27th Sep 2011, 22:43
5.75% is still very high regardless

That is outrageously steep, but you can use other cards for those purchases. Except when buying one way Ryanair sectors back to the UK, which are priced in the currency of the departure airport.:yuk:

Danny_R
28th Sep 2011, 00:01
Gotta give O'Leary credit, he knows how to extract every last penny!

Facelookbovvered
28th Sep 2011, 08:45
The user guide for the Ryanair Cash Passport reveals that after six months, anyone who does not use the card will be charged £2.50 a month for inactivity, while a ten pound charge will be levied every time the card goes into negative territory because of the inactivity fee.

Customers will also be charged £2 for withdrawing money from cash machines, and £4 if they try to get cash out over the counter.

The rules are black and white. It very simple, if you don't want to sleep with the devil, don't get into bed with him.

No one is forced to fly with Ryanair or any other company, if YOU choose to do business with a company it is on THEIR terms! Its YOUR choice.

Whilst this is not a credit card, what happens to your credit rating if you end up in negative territory, then move address, forgot you had a card and find 6 months later your -£25 in debt and need a flight?

I think that FR only want to offer this card to preempt any forthcoming action from the OFT on the issue of card fee's, so that they can say customers have a choice and can avoid any card or admin fee's

Its your choice

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Sep 2011, 13:48
3 out of the 5 new B737-800 aircraft arrived into Dublin this morning.

jabird
28th Sep 2011, 15:34
That article was piss-poor for the FTm because it made a schoolboy error, calling it a CREDIT card, which it is not.

It is a pre-paid Mastercard, so this £150 is what must be pre-loaded on before spending.

The card purchase fee of £6 will be reimbursed to Ryanair passengers since each cardholder will receive a £6 Ryanair travel voucher.

But presumably, there will be no admin fees for redeeming the voucher - or will there be a £6 fee to redeem it?:=

Free card top-ups can be made at cashpassport.com/ryanair.

Still a dead link, so should we assume that the free top-ups can be made by any UK debit card?

There is no mention about a monthly fee, but I note previous comments about a fee if not used for 6 months.

So to be worthwhile, you have to tie up £150 to get started, and after that, you need to either fly with Ryanair every 6 months, or make a nominal purchase elsewhere by card (say a local train ticket or supermarket purchase where there is no £5 card minimum) - although this will attract an un-confirmed fee after 31st March.

Based on what I'm seeing, it still seems like an ok deal for the moderate Ryanair users. A pain in the a**e, but as MOL has always said, people will crawl over b****k naked to get Ryanair fares, or at least they will if they are going on one of the numerous routes where a competitor is not directly available.

I'm also reading that the previous Orion Prepaid Card operator went under, so did passengers lose the stored value?

jabird
28th Sep 2011, 15:43
OK, so the charge to use this card in the UK will be 50p after 1st April?

This ill-informed and heavily biased Which article (http://conversation.which.co.uk/transport-travel/ryanair-cash-passport-ryanair-fees-and-surcharges/) has a go as we'd expect, but comment by Mark at the bottom tells it like it is, even bringing in game theory, something which MOL is no doubt very adept at.

So as long as I've read correct - £150 load, no monthly fee, no fee to use with Ryanair, 50p transaction fee within UK, must use at least once each 6 months, it all sounds quite reasonable - or at least reasonable by Ryanair standards.

Now how do you avoid the £6 check-in fee, or the £300 return London Airways fee, have Which got anything to say about that?

alm1
28th Sep 2011, 17:59
And you must pay in GBP wich gets you 6 GBP online checkin and 2 GBP volcano fee (instead of 6+2 eur equivalent in other currencies).

(Ryanair site currently allows to pay in any currency as long you use two browser windows and some creativity :) The fare is recalculated based on a good exchange rate but those two fees apply at preset standard value for that currency)

Jamie2k9
28th Sep 2011, 23:44
3 out of the 5 new B737-800 aircraft arrived into Dublin this morning.

They have had some performance mprovments:
* slat and spoiler trailing edges - improvements
* engine plug configuration
* new low-drag nozzle
* reduced drag anti-collision light fairings
* low drag wheel enclosures

jabird
29th Sep 2011, 15:56
Jamie2k9,

Any idea what that works out as interms of reducing fuel burn, compared to current 738NG fleet?

GnRdL
29th Sep 2011, 20:15
Jamie2k9,

Any idea what that works out as in terms of reducing fuel burn, compared to current 738NG fleet?
According to an article in Avion Revue (Jan 2011) is reduced by 2%. 1% due to aerodynamic changes and the other 1% in engine improvements.

However 738NG has a difficult competitor with 320NEO which reduces by 20%.

TSR2
29th Sep 2011, 20:56

The Boeing new engine response to the Airbus A320NEO is the B737MAX 7/8/9.

Jamie2k9
29th Sep 2011, 21:02
According to an article in Avion Revue (Jan 2011) is reduced by 2%. 1% due to aerodynamic changes and the other 1% in engine improvements.

2% is correct. $120,000 (current fuel prices) fuel saving per year. The other 2 are due tomorrow.

Transportraition
30th Sep 2011, 04:17
......' the other 2 are due tomorrow '.......

Sept.30th at 0420Z FlightAware show -ESO leading -ESP by about 200 miles over southern Alberta, en route to Dublin.

smith
30th Sep 2011, 04:32
Is it Ryanair or Boeing Pilot's that do the delivery flights?

silverhawk
30th Sep 2011, 05:26
Do you really believe Ryanair would pay for Boeing pilots? They pay for nothing.

Remember this is the airline that operates with no toilet paper. I had to go and request some toilet roll from colleagues on a different airline some months ago whilst downroute. Shameful.

silverhawk
30th Sep 2011, 08:17
Thank you for your kind private message. Your blind loyalty is unnerving.
You did not refute any of my post, did you?

I know of a UK based RYR crew that left TFS around the same time for a 4 hour sector knowing that they too had no toilet roll on board. Captain refused to delay in case he got in trouble. Fact.
Female passenger on that sector had a 'bathroom emergency' and there were no paper towels, no toilet roll available. I believe some clothing had to be used to clean up!

Shameful dirty Ryanair.

ericlday
30th Sep 2011, 08:53
Toilet rolls available...special Ryanair price £1.00

Transportraition
30th Sep 2011, 09:52
' silverhawk ' - you responded to a reasonable question from ' smith ' and all you came up with was something related to toilet paper (again !) Hopefully, someone will post the required answer soon.
Goodbye !

tabu
30th Sep 2011, 10:10
Simple answer to a simple question:

Delivery flights are operated by Ryanair pilots.

silverhawk
30th Sep 2011, 10:13
Ryanair pilots do the flights, there. I thought I had already answered Smith's question because as I said 'Ryanair pay for nothing'

Just in case you are still unable to comprehend, I repeat, Ryanair pilots do the delivery flights. They go to Dublin where Ryanair then remove expensive equipment and send it back to Boeing as it is considered superfluous to a safe operation before the airframe is put on the line. Happy now?

tabu
30th Sep 2011, 10:41
I have no desire to be involved in a great debate here but to be fair - as I understand it - the only equipment that is removed when the aircraft are delivered to Dublin is the HF which is totally superfluous to the vast majority of the Ryanair operation. Hardly a safety issue.

Also I believe that the OFDM equipment (which could be considered to increase safety) is installed after the new aircraft arrive in Dublin prior to their being put on line.

INKJET
30th Sep 2011, 11:26
I would have thought HF was required for flights down to the likes of Lanzagrotty?

Transportraition
30th Sep 2011, 12:04
........back again ! -

silverhawk - you said Ryanair pay for nothing. I'm sure there is nothing to stop an airline with a multi-million $ order, plus options, with an aircraft manufacturer, negotiating that the manufacturer is responsible for the delivery of each aircraft to an airport of the airline's choice. If agreed, then the airline pays for nothing and the manufacturer's pilots or perhaps contracted pilots fly the aircraft.

Also, you seem pretty good at waffling on about unrelated matters to the subject - first it's toilet rolls and then equipment which has to be returned to Boeing !!! - who had asked about that ????

Anyway, thanks to ' tabu ' we got the answer to ' smiths ' question in one line !

I was quite happy to discuss this via private message but you put it out to the web pages and so I respond in a similar manner.

I'm sending this now so I can be out of the way for a discussion on HF equipment.

Goodbye !

Coquelet
30th Sep 2011, 13:08
Do you really believe Ryanair would pay for Boeing pilots? They pay for nothing.
Remember this is the airline that operates with no toilet paper.

Ryanair pays for nothing, it helps keeping the fares cheap, and that's what the customers want.

The second assumption is quite ridiculous - and a lie.

silverhawk
30th Sep 2011, 13:48
As you well know, you were not happy to discuss this in private messages.

You only used private message because you cannot use the words you used to me on the public forum

silverhawk
30th Sep 2011, 13:51
If you like I can cut and paste your private message.

silverhawk
30th Sep 2011, 13:55
Regarding toilet rolls

Airframe leaves base with one roll per toilet per day. No facility for uplift during the day. 0600 start, 2400 finish, usually 6 sectors.

Tell me again it's a lie!

I refused to fly with no bog roll.

BALLSOUT
30th Sep 2011, 14:30
silverhawk, come on mate, toilet rolls etc are down to the crew. There is plenty at base and it's down to the crew to make sure they have plenty on the aircraft before they leave. I wouldn't fly a long sector without it either, but i allways make sure the cc have got plenty on board before we leave base. These guys flying without it are most likely doing so because it's their fault in the first place!

silverhawk
30th Sep 2011, 14:40
Sorry, but have to disagree.

Directive from Head Office, some tisser called Head of In Flight decreed that only one toilet roll per toilet per airframe be sent per day, no uplifts available from dry stores. Apparently Base Supervisors did have extra supplies in case of emergency, but I know and I saw those locked away in the office (LPL).

waffler
30th Sep 2011, 16:13
but i allways make sure the cc have got plenty on board before we leave base. These guys flying without it are most likely doing so because it's their fault in the first place!

So it's now the Captains job to count the jacks paper before each flight !
Priceless.

Just when I thought you had already reached the bottom ( pun intended )
No doubt Ryanairs brainwashed accountant Racedo will tell us how much this will save annually.

daz211
30th Sep 2011, 16:29
I would not want to use any Airlines loo's never mind their loo roll, I take my own but have never had to use it on any flight anywhere in the world.

Ryanair flights are so short, I dont see why anyone has the need to use the toilet in the first place and If you have a condition that means you use the toilet alot then I would think you would be use to having your own loo roll.

I always pack for anything I need from when I leave the house until I get to my destination.

Loo roll, wet wipes, Snickers bar and bottled water bought after security, is a must for any flight I take with any airline in any country.

Its all about planning ahead for any problem with any Airline.

silverhawk
30th Sep 2011, 16:44
And that my friend is exactly what Ryanair are counting on, so they do not have to provide anything that will cost them money.

TSR2
30th Sep 2011, 16:45
Its all about planning ahead for any problem with any Airline

You cannot plan for every eventuality. Its the unexpected that causes the problems.

FR-
30th Sep 2011, 16:47
Well planned Daz, room in your case for clothes? I think you should come on some of my flights to IBZ or PMI with young lads, beer dont seem to last long in them. Im not sure about all bases but each morning we are given six toilet rolls, but we can always request extra when returning to base, but nine times out of ten, we have extra on board from the day before. I've had pax steal them before, odd . . .

fr-

Ernest Lanc's
30th Sep 2011, 16:53
I try and plan for as much as I can TSR2....I also agree with daz211 that there should be no desperate need to use toilets on short hauls..

Also like daz211 - I have never had occasion to use a loo despite taking my own tissues, supplied tissue is cheap and small.

Silverhawk and TSR2 both have valid points though IMO....

That's what airlines like FR are counting on, and no you can't plan for every eventuality...This is why I will never ever return to Tenerife.

daz211
30th Sep 2011, 17:14
Hello FR long time no talk ...
It is easier to plan and pack with Ryanair as they let you take more O/B than other Airlines maybe its just me ? but I like my 3 sheet roll quilted and am never without wet wipes ... lol. :ok:.

racedo
30th Sep 2011, 18:37

Nope what you have is an existing frame that is being compared with a theoretical frame that has not yet flown.

Don't confusion actual with Marketing hype.

IJM
30th Sep 2011, 19:45
Ryanair flights are so short, I dont see why anyone has the need to use the toilet in the first place

I also agree with daz211 that there should be no desperate need to use toilets on short hauls..

So what about longer Ryanair flights then - eg. UK to Canary Islands, Morocco, Malta etc?

Why should you be the judges of when people should use the toilets, and when they shouldn't?

smith
30th Sep 2011, 23:10

How do the FR pilots get to Seattle and who pays for this and their HOTAC? :-O

Ernest Lanc's
1st Oct 2011, 00:35
So what about longer Ryanair flights then - eg. UK to Canary Islands, Morocco, Malta etc?
Not exactly long haul - is it?.
Lanzarote with a tail wind 3.5 hours from MAN.
Why should you be the judges of when people should use the toilets, and when they shouldn't?
Please read what I post:------
....I also agree with daz211 that there should be no desperate need to use toilets on short hauls..

Also like daz211 - I have never had occasion to use a loo despite taking my own tissues, supplied tissue is cheap and small.
I am simply stating my own preference - Not to use airplane toilets except jn emergencies.
In years and years of flying - I have never needed to use a tissue once.
Look: I take your point - I just don't like or need thus far to use airline toilets - others may want to, that's fair enough.

PPRuNe Pop
1st Oct 2011, 06:33
OK, ENOUGH! Let us get back on topic and I don't mean toilets.

PPP

frfly
1st Oct 2011, 09:09
Paphos is now hotly tipped to be announced as a base in the near future. Any more info on PMI?

Jamie2k9
2nd Oct 2011, 10:55
Add Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden to possible base list. 2 aircraft from June.

Paphos was said a while back.

Palma sure slots are still a problem which caused problems this summer.

FKB-Freak
2nd Oct 2011, 16:08
Ryanair planes stationed in Karlsruhe / Baden-Baden? Or what? :D

Greetings FKB-Freak

FR-
2nd Oct 2011, 16:47
Yes ive heard the same around the office. So much for sod the german travel tax.

fr-

FKB-Freak
2nd Oct 2011, 17:25
Wow that's good :) I hope that's right

Greetings FKB-Freak

frfly
2nd Oct 2011, 18:21
No more german bases!!!!! Yawn!!!

And Paphos was meant to open Nov 1st however due to operational issues with the airport not due till early next year now. Some facillities not in place yet in order for it to become a base.

EI-DAC
2nd Oct 2011, 20:13
Paphos is supposed to be seasonal?

Jamie2k9
2nd Oct 2011, 23:33
EU emissions trading plan may cost Ryanair up to €16m - The Irish Times - Mon, Oct 03, 2011 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/1003/1224305144838.html)

Ryanair spokesman Stephen McNamara said: “This unavoidable cost will be factored into our overall business costs . . . passengers will not face a new surcharge for carbon emissions.”

TSR2
3rd Oct 2011, 08:35
Ryanair spokesman Stephen McNamara said: “This unavoidable cost will be factored into our overall business costs . . . passengers will not face a new surcharge for carbon emissions.”

Whatever way, the passenger will pay.

racedo
3rd Oct 2011, 20:42
ETS and the Vodoo science of Climate Change may get abandoned when non EU airlines can't be charged, especially if airlines refuse EU staff the free upgrades they previously got by cancelling their FF memberships.

pee
4th Oct 2011, 12:02
Main points of MOL's interview for Swedish Nyhetsbyrån Direkt, published today:
Ryanair hopes to open more bases in Scandinavia (nothing concrete though)
"We want to start flying domestic services in Scandinavia. The problem is that many airports are owned by the state who want to protect the SAS and therefore charge high fees. However, I think it will change"
This year, Ryanair will not start flying to new airports in Scandinavia, but hopes to begin flights to 3 - 4 new airports in summer 2012. Of these one or two are expected to be in Sweden, in northern and/or central parts of the country. However, one should not expect Ryanair to fly to any new airport in Denmark.
During the next two years, Scandinavia and Central Europe will be the regions where Ryanair will put most emphasis on growth. No details revealed due to "competitive reasons".
Ryanair has still plans to start flying to the U.S., but it will not happen within 2 - 3 years. In contrast, there are no plans to begin any Asian routes, too tough regulations there.
Ryanair do not see Norwegian as a major competitor, as their ticket prices are too high.
Recession is good for Ryanair (:rolleyes: really?)

NorthernCounties
5th Oct 2011, 08:07
Glad to see there might be some expansion in Scandinavia pee! :O

I'm looking at booking flights over christmas and new years from BHX to LDY. Usually I'd leave it to 4 weeks before to book as its normally the cheapest then, however as it's winter, should I pay £110 return now (including hold baggage which I do need) or hold off? Any advice would be great! :ok:

EI-DAC
5th Oct 2011, 12:43
Ryanair Director of new Route Development Ken O'Toole 'Ryanair is likely to announce two more bases over the next month" @ Routes World Conference Berlin 2nd October.

FR-
5th Oct 2011, 16:18
RNS Number : 6195P
Ryanair Holdings PLC
05 October 2011

RYANAIR'S SEPT TRAFFIC GROWS 6%

Ryanair today (5 Oct 2011) released passenger and load factor stats for September 2011 as follows:

Sept 10
Sept 11
Increase
Yr to Sept 11
Passengers (m) 1
6.84M
7.25M
+6%
76.8M
Load Factor 2
86%
85%
-1%
82%

1. Represents the booked seats sold.
2. Represents passengers as a percentage of total seats available.
ENDS.

racedo
5th Oct 2011, 17:39
But how can the traffic be increasing as we keep getting told on here a la Dad's Army that they are Doomed....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jabird
6th Oct 2011, 15:40
Prepaid card now live. But I thought it was being handled by Access Worldwide, part of Mastercard. It now says Raphaels Bank. The last company - Orion? went under. Afaik, there is no consumer protection on these cards.

Cause for concern?

davidjohnson6
6th Oct 2011, 17:59
jabird - prepaid cards are not credit cards so consumer credit protection laws generally don't apply. In addition the normal protection from bank deposits within the EU often is not available on these type of prepaid cards - but most people are unlikely to have a balance of more than a few hundred pounds (likely to be much smaller than that for most peope) so deposit protection isn't really a major issue. The really big cause for concern should be the fees charged on this card and the conditions of use which seem particularly onerous compared to other prepaid cards on the market

befree
7th Oct 2011, 13:45
Ryanair is running out of growth and facing falling load factors.
Easyjet are growing faster and have higher load factor. It is clear that many people are avoiding FR when they can.