View Full Version : Ryanair - 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

racedo
28th Feb 2012, 19:20
If there's one company that won't bend over and take it from MOL it's Exxon.

One wonders whether you actually read the story first....

Exxon were fined €315M by Italian Government in 2006 and all Ryanair are doing is using that judgement to claim compensation for actions of a cartel.

I would say given the Italian Governments ruling and the fact the Exxon have not challenged it then it is quite probably a strong case for any airline which sues.

It most likely will never see the inside of a court however as a "settlement" will be agreed subject to standard confidential clauses............I reckon FR will get €4 million.

davidjohnson6
28th Feb 2012, 19:32
What happened to the idea of ethics in business ? Company A breaches competition law to rip off company B. Govt steps in and fines A for its sins. B then sues A for damages. Yet somehow A and B have to work together on a daily basis.

Not exactly a case of 2 companies working together for mutual gain

racedo
28th Feb 2012, 20:33
DJ

Essex in Business you mean.......barrow boy mentality in suits with better health benefits.

There is no ethics in business, never has been, never will be.

Look at how Airports or fuel companies deal with airlines if they think there are cash flow issues.

Just because you sue me doesn't mean I will not trade with you to make a profit.......builders do this all the time.

racedo
28th Feb 2012, 21:09
Captcha gorn ?

davidjohnson6
29th Feb 2012, 00:36
Captcha gorn ?

Only reduced a bit - it hasn't gone away completely

pee
29th Feb 2012, 06:24
I didn't manage to notice the temporary absence of Captcha, I simply visit Ryanair website less often these days, partly due to this nuisance in fact. I just was able to observe the burst of enthusiasm in various European forums and a big disappointment moments later.

To me it's becoming more and more indifferent issue, as my visits on FR website are becoming sporadic...

EI-BUD
29th Feb 2012, 09:20
pee;

Totally in agreement with you, I don't like using Ryanair website since captcha, find it irritating as! I find it is a real deterent, I wonder is this reflected in bookings.

EI-BUD

PPRuNeUser0176
29th Feb 2012, 10:24
Ryanair are in talks with Cluj-Napoca amd Targu-Mure airport flights this autium. 100km between cities.

Targu-Mure offer of 0.95 euro per passenger and Cluj-Napoca offered ten times more but Cluj-Napoca will offer more passengers as it is the second city of Romania. Sibiu is also in talks. Will post a link when I find it.

pee
29th Feb 2012, 11:02
Warsaw Modlin will be linked with NRN Weeze beginning September 2nd, 4xweek.

ayroplain
29th Feb 2012, 11:12
I don't like using Ryanair website since captcha, find it irritating as! I find it is a real deterent, I wonder is this reflected in bookings. .
Captcha not bothering me in the slightest - it's the bloody prices. London-Dublin is gone ballistic with fares more than doubled and, in some cases, tripled. A couple of friends who do Stansted to various European cities report the same.

Another friend who uses FR almost on a weekly basis from DUB-London has just booked 4 cheaper flights with BD (hope they're still in business then). Ironically, he used his Ryanair Cash Passport Card and didn't have to pay the card charges.

pee
29th Feb 2012, 11:44
Besides Modlin, there will be few other new routes from Weeze:

Bilbao
Jerez de la Frontera
Mahón (Menorca)
Pescara
Chania
Thessaloniki

it's the bloody prices [bothering]

Testing their customers' loyalty? :8

Anansis
29th Feb 2012, 14:29
My Prepaid Mastercard (which I have used to book dozens of flights in the past) is no longer being accepted by the Ryanair website. Outside of Britain and Italy it is still possible to use these cards to avoid Ryanairs administration fees. Has anyone else had any problems lately?

ayroplain
29th Feb 2012, 15:37
Testing their customers' loyalty?

FR knows what their regular customers want (at a minimum):

Low fares.
Ontime flights.
No willy-nilly cancellations.

That's what their pax are loyal to, not just the name.

Once they have those and pax follow the rules everyone is happy. Change any of those and there's a new ballgame.

There has been a steady but small increase in fares over the past couple of years - something that can be lived with, they're still low - but the fare increases now showing up as mentioned are nothing short of outrageous for a low-fares airline. Maybe it's just a temporary glitch (try-on). We'll have to wait and see.

Zhymkus
29th Feb 2012, 16:12
Hello everyone,

Just simple question: has anyone in Germany a problem for application of German Ryanair Cash Passport? I got rejected already 20 times :(. With different browser, different cards, different phone numbers, etc.

Buster the Bear
29th Feb 2012, 17:52
Ryanair's press announcement today of an additional 1,500,000 pax out of Luton and Stansted this summer equates to 8,000 additional flights if they are full and carrying 189 pax! Realistic, or hype?

adfly
29th Feb 2012, 18:09
MOL dosen't seem to fond of Boeing and the 737MAX at the moment!

Ryanair offers scathing verdict on 737 Max (http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/ryanair-offers-scathing-verdict-on-737-max-368895/)

However is point at the end of the article couldn't be more truthful:

'He called for the government to "stop pandering to the idiot environmentalists and even less sensible Nimbys" and add extra runways at London Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted as these airports are already served by existing public transport and road infrastructure. Seeking to construct a new airport in "the estuary of Boris [Johnson's] imagination" with no road or rail links for delivery in 30 years time was, he said "complete and utter bloody lunacy even by Boris's standards".'

apaul
29th Feb 2012, 18:11
They are not new routes in any case, just the seasonal summer routes restarting for summer 2012.

smith
29th Feb 2012, 18:20
My Prepaid Mastercard (which I have used to book dozens of flights in the past) is no longer being accepted by the Ryanair website. Outside of Britain and Italy it is still possible to use these cards to avoid Ryanairs administration fees. Has anyone else had any problems lately?

The prepaid MasterCard was dropped by Ryanair on the 1st of November for having no fees and replaced by the Ryanair passport. Have you been living in a cave lol???

smith
29th Feb 2012, 18:22
Hello everyone,

Just simple question: has anyone in Germany a problem for application of German Ryanair Cash Passport? I got rejected already 20 times :(. With different browser, different cards, different phone numbers, etc.

Same thing happened to me in the UK :-O

Anansis
29th Feb 2012, 20:18
The prepaid MasterCard was dropped by Ryanair on the 1st of November for having no fees and replaced by the Ryanair passport. Have you been living in a cave lol???

Only in the UK and Italy (see here (http://www.ryanair.com/en/terms-and-conditions#regulations-tableoffees)). Prepaid Mastercard is still the free payment option in all other countries and I'm trying to book a flight which originates in Poland. When I get to the payment processing page, the system rejects the payment, stating that I have either selected the wrong card type or that the address I've submitted isn't the one that the card is registered to. Neither of these are true. I've tried all the usual tricks (deleting cookies, different browsers different computers etc) but nothing seems to work.

P.s. Do some research before belittling people Smith. Otherwise you can end up looking a little bit foolish lol! :ok:

Zhymkus
29th Feb 2012, 21:45
@Anansis. Did you have enough money on the prepaid card? If not a secret (and forum rules allow) what kind of MC Prepaid you have?

Anansis
29th Feb 2012, 21:52
@Anansis. Did you have enough money on the prepaid card? If not a secret (and forum rules allow) what kind of MC Prepaid you have?

There's definitely enough money on the card- I topped it up specifically to book the flights in question. It's an Escape Prepaid card which I purchased from Phones 4U in the UK. I've been in contact with them and there are no problems with the card.

A quick Google search suggests that some people experienced similar problems last summer. However, I've used the card recently and have never had any problems before. I would call the Ryanair helpline but this would end up costing me more than the admin fee!

I'm a cynic by nature. If this is a problem with Ryanair I doubt they will be in a hurry to fix it... :sad:

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
29th Feb 2012, 22:13
Buster - APaul is mostly correct in that in the case of Luton virtually all of the routes announced were just dropped for the winter (some for the first time).

However, Alghero is a brand new route.

OLY1B

EI-A330-300
29th Feb 2012, 22:13
Have friends who are flying with Ryanair from ACE-DUB today and there flight was scheduled to arrive in Dublin at 18.40 but its now delayed until 04.20 tomorrow (according to DUB airport). ACE closes at midnight and they still have not left and the gate has said flight delayed since 12.00 today. Will the airport allow the flight to operate if its after midnight. Passengers are angry with such lack of infomation from FR. A number of passenger wanted to leave and come back but were not allowed. Flight was due to leave at 14.15. Still has not left.

TSR2
29th Feb 2012, 22:41
Would appear that the latest info is departing ACE at 23.55 with DUB arrival of 04.20.

munrobagger
1st Mar 2012, 09:50
Have FR reduced Edinburgh / Malaga frequency from 7 to 4 a week in the summer ?

airbourne
1st Mar 2012, 10:38
I was having a read of another forum and came across this reply when someone asked about getting a job as crew with FR. All of this seems mad, is it true and accurate?

No other airline charges (up to €2500) for training. You will also be charged €25 a month for your uniform. You only get paid for the time you are flying and you will be required, under pain of dismissal, to work several unpaid hours a day. There is no limit in the contract on the days you will be required to serve on standby for just €35 a day at the airport, and unpaid at home (when you will have to report within an hour, in uniform, of getting a phone call). Although you will get a contract, it does not gurantee you any minimum earnings and, despite signing it, the company you work for (an agency and not Ryanair) doesn't have to give you any work. Your chances of being employed direct by ryanair are very slim. Many kids don't get any work for weeks over the winter - all unpaid.

You have a minimum 10% chance (some say 30%, others more) of getting sacked before you complete your first year. You can be sacked for not selling enough on the aircraft. You can also get the sack for being sick. As many kids leave in disgust because of bullying as are sacked. They don't give you your last month's commission if you get sacked - the company keeps it. They may also deduct €1300 New Joiner's Fee from your last wage-packet plus any money owed for uniform, training, etc. I met a French girl in tears at Dublin airport after she was unexpectedly summoned from Brussels to be sacked. She got a phone call the night before to come to Dublin via Italy (the only flights Ryanair could arrange). There was no warning. She was expecting a last pay-cheque of €1500, she got €120. And the day she wasted travelling to Dublin via Bergamo and back was, of course, unpaid. If you are sacked - don't sign anything - you are signing away your right to sue them for wrongful dismissal.

There is absolutely no guarantee that you will be based in Dublin - you can just as easily end up in Poland.

Don't waste your money on this dreadful company. They have the greatest turnover of cabin crew of any airline in Europe.

sunday8pm
1st Mar 2012, 13:26
Name Change Fee - Per Passenger £110 online or £160 call centre.

How on earth can this possibly be justified?

crewmeal
1st Mar 2012, 13:34
Because they are rip off merchants and people will pay these fees. Even if they were £200 people would pay it. As long as the public fly with these people then they will ride rough shot without a care as long as they are making money. They will charge what they like for what they like. if you don't like it then don't fly with them - simple.

DublinPole
1st Mar 2012, 14:38
It's to stop people from buying flights in bulk and then selling them off for higher prices. This makes it fairer for everyone and stops people from buying all the cheap flights and selling them for profit, which has happened years ago when this fee was much smaller.

It was not uncommon years ago when the 1p flights and the 1 euro flights were released they would be all sold out on many journeys within an hour, the flights would then be resold by travel agents as part of packages for profit, as lets face it, with that many cheap seats you could easily recover your costs with just a small number of people purchasing the resold seats from you.

I was on several flights where there was 189 passengers booked only for the plane to be half empty. Research showed that the majority of people who were not arriving were all those who had the cheapest cost flights. Also on some flights it was the same names coming up again and again that never turned out, most likely fake names used by the travel agents over and over again on flights they intended to resell - all it meant is the people who actually wanted to fly on the cheap flights never got them because they were bought up by travel agents as in investment.

In any case, name corrections or typing errors are fixed free of charge, all you need to do is to phone up the reservations line to change the name on the ticket and they can do it no problem. This is the case for things such as missing middle names, mis-spaced names, incorrect punctuation, and typing or spelling errors. If you want to change the name totally you need to pay.

racedo
1st Mar 2012, 16:24
It's to stop people from buying flights in bulk and then selling them off for higher prices. This makes it fairer for everyone and stops people from buying all the cheap flights and selling them for profit, which has happened years ago when this fee was much smaller.

Yes but you know its a how dare Ryanair make money rant while travel agents can do what they want rant..................

davidjohnson6
1st Mar 2012, 17:16
Many people will have gone to maybe a music concert or a football match and seen touts hovering outside offering to buy or sell tickets. If on entering the venue there was a requirement to show photo ID matching the name on the ticket the whole tout thing largely disappear. The venue can still have an authorised ticket change / resale office.

Jamie2k9
1st Mar 2012, 18:16
Would appear that the latest info is departing ACE at 23.55 with DUB arrival of 04.20.

It left at 01.33 and arrived 06.07.

Faro will be 7 a/c and not the planned 8.
Leipzig - canceled
Milan-BGY - canceled
Nantes - planned to be canceled but its not
East-Midlands - 2 weekly flights dropped
Bournemouth - 1 weekly flight dropped
Paris-BVA - 1 weekly flight dropped
Cork - 1 weekly flight dropped
Masstricht - 1 weekly flight dropped
Bristol - 1 weekly flight dropped

Ryanair say its for operational reasons and the canceled routes were picked as they had low bookings.

eu01
1st Mar 2012, 18:43
Leipzig - canceled
Milan-BGY - canceled
...Cancelling flights, especially on short notice, it's a very effective way of getting new enemies. In case of Leipzig, possibly among pax who have never flown FR yet.

Another way of getting enemies is changing flight schedules, that happens far too often. "Operational reasons" or not, people might have bought e.g. rail or ferry tickets and may not been able to use them, losing connections. I do not even need to mention those who still desperately try to plan connecting flights. True, it's never been supported and, considering higher than ever prices, doesn't pay anymore.

j636
1st Mar 2012, 18:54
Milan was only added about 6 weeks ago so can't see to many pax being put out. They tried it before from FAO and it was dropped, with bother a second time?

I suspect that the aircraft will be going to BUD which was only announced recently and then the above was announced.

OltonPete
1st Mar 2012, 18:58
01/03/2012 - Flight Cancellation - FR8357 Budapest to Manchester? (http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/gops/120301-FR8357_BUD-MAN_01MAR-GB)

Oh dear, not all is well out east!

Any more information on this?

Pete

EI-A330-300
1st Mar 2012, 19:13
As it was about 2hr late, is it possible that they didn't ask for a lather slot.

FR835P - Manchester - 00.15 - on BUD flight info.

Edit: MAN-BUD leg being operated by MAN aircraft.

mart901
1st Mar 2012, 20:03
Airbourne - in reply to your post it all sounds about true I have heard about cabin crew at Stansted getting into taxis late at night and breaking down in tears telling of how bad their job is....in fact I interviewed a girl a few days ago who having shelled out for training and passed everything was told there was no work for her, despite trying 3 times over 6 months. Sooner or later the EU courts will catch up with Ryanair.

FR-
1st Mar 2012, 21:35
STN is harsh, the forced unpaid leave is even more harsh, but at the same time we have crew being made to work their 6th day and swopping from earlies to lates.

fr-

PhilW1981
1st Mar 2012, 22:07
To whomever said fixing name changes was FOC via the call centre, are you for real? It's a premium rate number. A 15 minute call would cost £22 in phone call charges.

DublinPole
1st Mar 2012, 23:20
Yeah, I am for real. I don't read the Daily Mail. I post my views on this based on ACTUAL EXPERIENCE.

The number is national rate in Ireland and 10p per minute in UK so not sure where you are getting this premium rate from, you ring the reservations centre who can do it for you.

The premium rate number is for people who want help with using the website rather than those who want to make a change to a reservation And besides, when I did it it only took two minutes. Lets not let the facts get in a way of a good story

Anansis
2nd Mar 2012, 08:31
01/03/2012 - Flight Cancellation - FR8357 Budapest to Manchester? (http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/gops/120301-FR8357_BUD-MAN_01MAR-GB)

Oh dear, not all is well out east!

Any more information on this?

Pete

I was on the MAN-BUD inbound leg of this rotation. We left MAN around an hour and a half late. Before takeoff the F/O made an announcement apologising for the delay. He stated that the outbound flight had to be cancelled because the original operating crew would have exceeded their maximum flight duty hours for the day by the time they arrived back in BUD.

Classic Ryanair. Blaming everyone but themselves!:}

(P.s. Oddly enough, it was this trip which caused me the payment problems I described a few posts ago).

FR-
2nd Mar 2012, 09:05
Normally force the crew to go into discretion

fr-

My names Turkish
2nd Mar 2012, 10:03
Leipzig - canceled
Milan-BGY - canceled
Nantes - planned to be canceled but its not
East-Midlands - 2 weekly flights dropped
Bournemouth - 1 weekly flight dropped
Paris-BVA - 1 weekly flight dropped
Cork - 1 weekly flight dropped
Masstricht - 1 weekly flight dropped
Bristol - 1 weekly flight dropped

Ryanair say its for operational reasons and the canceled routes were picked as they had low bookings.

Any idea why? The terminal in FAO is still not fully repaired after the winter storm, lot's of temp buildings and portacabins. Is this the reason or was it because they could make more money and had subsequently promised the aircraft elsewhere?

barrymah
2nd Mar 2012, 11:56
Apropos, why not blame the laws which allow people to be "employed" under such contracts?? It is modern form of slavery introduced by "share holder value" driven companies who have beaten the so called governments in UK & Ireland to make it possible.

In France, as you well know, the gov stopped them employing people on that sort of basis. The result? RyR employs the people who work flights there to move in and out at intervals to avoid being treated as French workers.

OK, so the market for jobs is so bad that people will sign up, blame that on the capitalists who (still) run our banks.

Ryanair is run by opportunists, so they use what they find. The airline business was a cosy cartel before them, not a good idea either. What we need is proper, humane labour laws applied across Europe.

Bye, Barry

lfc84
2nd Mar 2012, 12:05
Well said Barry !

racedo
2nd Mar 2012, 12:14
French companies employ French nationals in the UK on French contracts paying French taxation and have been doing so since before Ryanair existed.

French Govt have refused to have to allow the employees of companies like Eurocamp etc be treated as French employees so to limit anything they could be entitled to.

French Govt have also used their own laws to refuse people with people with Internationally recognised Ski qualifications / Equestrian qualificatsions etc etc to set up running their own business in France.

Funny thing about protectionism is that people always dress it up as something else......

Anansis
2nd Mar 2012, 20:04
Normally force the crew to go into discretion

fr-

Is it possible that they were already in discretion before the additional delay at BUD?

Perhaps they have some teething problems with rotas at a new base which has been hastily set up.

Justin Cyder-Belvoir
2nd Mar 2012, 20:34
Scuse me?

Ryanair Ops / Crewing do not ever force anyone to go in to discretion.

If you read any company's Part A, discretion is the Commanders: if the company you work for thinks otherwise, take it up with your Authority.

barrymah
3rd Mar 2012, 08:02
Agreed, French play games, so does everybody. That's why I suggested we need cross EU rules. Don't hold your breath, M.O'L holds the strings

frogone
3rd Mar 2012, 12:03
No they won't force you to use discretion, correct. But they will ask you to use it. That's in my experience.

EI-A330-300
3rd Mar 2012, 17:58
Budapest problems take another turn.

13 return flights over next 2 weeks canceled. 4 airports in Germany,UK,Greexe.
Ryanair based crews in Budapest must clear Border Control Police on arrivals from Ireland and UK. (this is not required by law)
From 1 March Ryanair said they will not comply.
2 flights not allowed to depart MAN on 1 March and Baden on 2 March

Important Notice For Ryanair Passengers In Budapest, Hungary - Xpatloop.com - Expat Life In Budapest, Hungary - Travel (http://www.xpatloop.com/news/69635#.T1HnA9it2SI.twitter)

Those are the 4 airports that most lightly have the lowest bookings.

DublinPole
3rd Mar 2012, 18:44
Why does this rule apply to Ryanair and not other airlines. A friend was on a Wizz Air Budapest based flight last week and there was none of this get the crew out stuff.

mikkie4
3rd Mar 2012, 19:07
maybe hungary hates MOL just as much as the rest of europe

Noxegon
3rd Mar 2012, 21:34
Crazy procedure or not, it's hard to feel much sympathy for Ryanair...

BigFrank
3rd Mar 2012, 22:11
"We call upon Budapest Airport and the Border Control Authorities to remove this bizarre and unique procedure at Budapest"

At first I presumed from the language that MOL was denouncing his own company !

Bizarre and unique, indeed.

A perfect soundbite by the king thereof to describe MOL's perverse obligation visited upon all nonEU passport holders travelling on the no-class-airline to have an extra stamp before they board at pain of supplying barrowloads of dosh to the company in question for a ticket on the next flight.

But then it said it was just Budapest......

racedo
3rd Mar 2012, 22:47
Why does this rule apply to Ryanair and not other airlines. A friend was on a Wizz Air Budapest based flight last week and there was none of this get the crew out stuff.

Seems Hungarian Border Police have a personal axe to grind while breaking EU law in the process.

It will get solved very quickly at a Government level as very much doubt that someone is following Hungarian law.

racedo
3rd Mar 2012, 22:49
maybe hungary hates MOL just as much as the rest of europe

Dear oh dear someone has a big chip.

j636
3rd Mar 2012, 23:13
add this to the fact FR are paying more to fly from BUD than they wanted to pay....look forward to future developments at the base!!!

jabird
4th Mar 2012, 01:48
GRX back on the map, but no routes yet. CGN still not on the map.

Not sure why it went in the first place - were yields really that poor compared to other places in Andalucia, or was it a cost issue?

jabird
4th Mar 2012, 01:49
Could anyone explain how the 25p ETS charge is worked out? If you try and do a voluntary offset for a short haul sector, the price is closer to £1-2, although I'm sure that still includes a bleeding hearts margin.

So for once, is MOL passing on the charge at the same rate it costs him?

Noxegon
4th Mar 2012, 07:32
add this to the fact FR are paying more to fly from BUD than they wanted to pay...

More than €0 then?

Jorik
4th Mar 2012, 08:34
GRX has never been off the map, since FR left there... And I don't know where you are looking, but CGN is on the map for me...

j636
4th Mar 2012, 12:38
More than €0 then?

Lets just say its up there with STN and DUB, and we all know they are not happy with the fees at those airprots.

Mark in CA
5th Mar 2012, 08:38
Hungarians seem to be particularly adept at turning good things into problems. Can't help wonder how much this was influenced by the Wizz Air CEO, who used to run Malev.

PORTFOLIO.HU | Ryanair cancels 13 Budapest flights over "bizarre and stupid" border control practice (http://www.portfolio.hu/en/economy/ryanair_cancels_13_budapest_flights_over_bizarre_and_stupid_ border_control_practice.23888.html)

5th Mar 2012, 09:06
Mol hopes "Common sense will prevail". That's new, as he normally can only see "£" signs. Sorry, Euros. Unreasonable? Perhaps, but why shouldn't Hungarian authorities play hard ball? It's their turf.
Meanwhile, only the crew and pax are inconvenienced. At least some things haven't changed.

Narrow Runway
5th Mar 2012, 09:26
"FR crews are based in Budapest for immigration and customs purposes while at the meantime are Dublin based for inland revenue and social security duties?"

And a lot of Wizz Air "employees" are based in BUD (and elsewhere) throughout their network, whilst paying "Swiss Tax" on their earnings - and neglecting to take care of tax liabilities nearer home.

So, I don't think Ryanair are any worse than Wizz Air in this particular instance.

As for how, or why Ryanair is being singled out, you can ask are their Chickens coming home to roost? For so long MOL has belittled and bullied others, that it is a joy to see his "plans" not working smoothly.

KBPsen
5th Mar 2012, 09:29
-Or perhaps just a convenient excuse to cancel flights and save a bit of dosh.

TSR2
5th Mar 2012, 09:34
This story has been running on the Ryanair thread in AA&R for a couple of days now.

doniedarko
5th Mar 2012, 09:35
Or maybe its the lack of crew...Everyone guessed that the summer would be bad but it looks like they cocked up the March roster requirements as well:D

MidlandDeltic
5th Mar 2012, 09:36
Surely if the crews are not going landside there is no requirement for immigration checks? Do Wizzair have to do the same? Looks like a bit of good old government protectionism to me.

Andrén
5th Mar 2012, 10:09
Well I can confirm that in this case Ryanair is right. Their Policy is really screwed up.

If you're coming from non schengen and planning on doing two more sectors you still have to get out of the airplane. Close it up, walk inside the terminal to the passport control and then get airside again.
Walk to the airplane where you now need to do the security checks all over again.

SD.
5th Mar 2012, 10:17
Doesn't matter if the policy is wrong, if you want to play in someone elses backyard, you play by their rules. If not, play somewhere else.

5th Mar 2012, 10:25
Doesn't matter if the policy is wrong, if you want to play in someone elses backyard, you play by their rules. If not, play somewhere else.

= my way or the highway !

Who was it that said that ?

Hollymead
5th Mar 2012, 11:52
MOL press conference in Alicante tomorrow .

racedo
5th Mar 2012, 12:22
MOL press conference in Alicante tomorrow .

No need to go there if its bad news so must be positive......

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Mar 2012, 12:41
Problems in BUD are becoming more clear. The reason two flights were not allowed to depart was because crew would not clear Border Police and not what Ryanair put up on its website.

Operator of BUD will mediate between the Police and Ryanair.

waffler
5th Mar 2012, 13:14
So tell me again why they are cancelling the flight if the crew only have to go through the same thing as the pax.

racedo
5th Mar 2012, 13:14

Not if those rules are in breach of existing EU laws.

FLEXPWR
5th Mar 2012, 13:27
Maybe mol was reminded by Ryanair investors that they put money in Wizz too... so don't go compete with our own crowd...

Dg800
5th Mar 2012, 13:36
So tell me again why they are cancelling the flight if the crew only have to go through the same thing as the pax. I'm pretty sure passengers don't have to make it back on board in time for a 25 minute turnaround, but can fly back later at their own convenience, that is if they're flying back at all.

Dg800

WHBM
5th Mar 2012, 14:37
I thought that Ryanair/MOL always maintained that if they set any conditions, that's what you have to do. For example, no official requirement for photo-id on UK domestic services, but Ryanair insist on it, and if you don't comply you don't go.

Isn't this just the same ?

AN2 Driver
5th Mar 2012, 15:24
force crews on turn around flights to do customs and immigrations? Unheard of in Europe I reckon, at least I have never seen it happen anywhere, not even outside the EU proper. Transit is transit.

There is a lot to be said for it that one airline seems to be willing to stand up against this practice. Frankly, many airlines in Europe have accepted much to much stupidity and harassment of air crews in recent years.

What if ALL of the airlines would have reacted to overblown legal snafu's instead of just accepting them and continue as before? As for instance the general suspicion of every crew member to be a potential terrorist....

SD.
5th Mar 2012, 15:24
Not if those rules are in breach of existing EU laws.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but RYR make up their on rules which may not be in line with EU laws. For example, on internal flights, RYR insist on a passport being presented, not a local government ID card.

Or a non-EU passport holder in possession of a perfectly legal visa, will be denied boarding unless its been stamped.

RYR bend many rules, people who live in glass houses and all that.....

Suzeman
5th Mar 2012, 15:28
So tell me again why they are cancelling the flight if the crew only have to go through the same thing as the pax.

And what are the crew supposed to be doing during a turnaround - reading the paper?? Plenty of work to be done in the cockpit and cabin to prepare for the next leg in order to make a scheduled departure!

Suzeman

Denti
5th Mar 2012, 15:33
Can't comment on cabin work, never did it. However turning a 737 around is cockpit-wise less than 5 minutes of work, 10 if you do a full IRS realignment. And that is including doing your own W&B and all other paperwork. If you get those delivered to the airplane you can be set up for a return flight within 2 minutes tops. However much of that depends on streamlined procedures.

racedo
5th Mar 2012, 16:22
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but RYR make up their on rules which may not be in line with EU laws. For example, on internal flights, RYR insist on a passport being presented, not a local government ID card.

Or a non-EU passport holder in possession of a perfectly legal visa, will be denied boarding unless its been stamped.

RYR bend many rules, people who live in glass houses and all that.....

Please point out the EU law that FR is in breach of with respect to Passports........

Hunter58
5th Mar 2012, 16:38
And a lot of Wizz Air "employees" are based in BUD (and elsewhere) throughout their network, whilst paying "Swiss Tax" on their earnings - and neglecting to take care of tax liabilities nearer home.

Somehow I doubt they pay ALV / AHV / IV / OPK and all the other niceties that get deducted from your salary before having to pay income tax in Switzerland. Or were you trying to repeat that we do not pay taxes just because some ugly small man with big ears pretending to run France says so repeatedly? Or did you try to explain something else?

JW411
5th Mar 2012, 16:43
I am with Ryanair on this. I spent the last 20 years of my flying career doing four sector flights around Europe (and sometimes more).

Can you just imagine the chaos that would be caused if, for example, I flew from UK to Germany (for a quick turn round) and then had to go through immigration and passport control and back out my aeroplane again, to fly to Vienna, do the same rigmarole all over again, then fly to Prague just to go in and out of their immigration system before going to Istanbul and going to bed.

Can you just imagine what would happen at Heathrow if every Lufthansa, Air France, LOT, Iberia etc etc flight crew had to go through UK immigration and back out again every time they did a quick turnround?

Get real people; this is bizarre. It simply does not happen anywhere else that I ever encountered in 46 years.

It has nothing to do with Ryanair and it should be resisted at all costs.

eu01
5th Mar 2012, 17:05
Cyprus

President of one of the unions representing Cyprus Airways staff wants to report a joint agreement between the Cypriot state and Hermes Airports to the local commissioner for state aid control, the EU competition commission and IATA. He demands the national carrier be given the same incentives as those agreed with Ryanair.

airhumberside
5th Mar 2012, 17:23
No need to go there if its bad news so must be positive......
No need but that doesn't stop MOL making the trip. I think he went to EDI to announce the winter reductions there a couple of weeks ago

PPRuNeUser0176
5th Mar 2012, 17:37
Ryanair's Feb Traffic Down 2% (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-s-feb-traffic-down-2-percent)

SD.
5th Mar 2012, 17:39
Racedo - I can't and I'm not familiar with EU law. Other airlines don't require a passport on domestic flights, so why should FR?

The example I made was to highlight the fact that FR makes up its own rules and if you don't like it, fly or work for someone else. If Fr don't like the local rules in BUD, then base the aircraft somewhere else....

La face cachée du lowcost : Enquête sur le système Ryanair on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/ugict/verite-lowcost) have a watch of this documentary and see if you still have the same sympathy.

edi_local
5th Mar 2012, 17:57
Surely something FR do with regards to passengers getting on their planes is different to a country deciding to treat a certain companies crew different to all other carriers using their main airport?

As for the visa checks... All airlines need to check for these, there is no time to do so at the gate as it requires a few minutes to do it properly, so FR demand you do it before coming to the gate. Quite a simply process. Turn up to an FR desk, get it looked at and they stamp your boarding card, gate staff see the stamp and let you on. If you can't be bothered sticking to the terms and conditions you agreed to when you bought your ticket then why should FR up hold their end of the bargain too?

Jet2.com are another airline which demand a visa check is done before coming to the gate, so it's not even an FR only policy.

atakacs
5th Mar 2012, 18:05
I'm pretty sure Ryanair is not the only operator flying non Schengen flights into BUD. Are those other operators subject to this border control ?

AAIGUY
5th Mar 2012, 18:06
Happens in China on turns.. either you have to rock up in person or have a senior cabin crew take your passport to immigration even if on a turn.

GnRdL
5th Mar 2012, 18:37
He was in Alicante on 5th April 2011 (to announce the cuts during the winter season), 25th October 2011 (to remember the cuts during the winter season and then to FKB to announce the new base), 13th December 2011 (to announce the cuts during the summer season and then to PMI to announce the new base), 31st January 2012 (to remember the cuts during the summer season and to comment that the case would be processed in the Court of Appeal on 7th February. Then he went to PMI to announce the 5th aircraft in this base). So following last episodies, I expect announces in other places tomorrow... :rolleyes:

Mikehotel152
5th Mar 2012, 19:13
Whilst it is understandable that there are people making tit for tat comments about FR, none of them are sensible excuses for the Hungarian Authority's absurd and obviously illegal behaviour.

The only people who will suffer are the innocent hard working flightcrews in the short term and the Hungarians themselves in the medium turn when FR wins significant damages in EU courts.

If you want to fight back against FR's style of commercial blackmail, you ought to choose the terrain for the battle more carefully. :rolleyes:

j636
5th Mar 2012, 19:14
Cyprus Airways union calls foul over Ryanair deal (http://famagusta-gazette.com/cyprus-airways-union-calls-foul-over-ryanair-deal-p14707-69.htm)

Could this cause problems in the future.

racedo
5th Mar 2012, 19:23
Not sure how as given the precarious state pf Cyprus Airways it may not be around.

Union can complain to whomever it likes, nobody has to listen.

HundredPercentPlease
5th Mar 2012, 21:03
I'm pretty sure Ryanair is not the only operator flying non Schengen flights into BUD. Are those other operators subject to this border control ?

Yes.

Many times I have had to get out with half the crew, get a bus, and have my passport inspected. Then we go back and the bus does the other half of the crew.

We complained, grumbled and said that it was not needed anywhere else. But in the end our lot just re-scheduled to include a longer turn. In fact, I think that the route has now been pulled altogether, but I could be wrong (just not done it for a while).

SD.
5th Mar 2012, 22:18
Mikeh - you know full well as I do, that absurd behaviour is a 45 minute report time, not recording dead head time and a 7/2 roster, sickness meetings, having 70% of its flight deck on a non permanent contract, closing the Marseille base and re-open it with a sticker on the wall "THIS IS NOT A BASE" and the list goes on and on.

Solution to the problem in BUD? Roster an hour in between turnarounds and abide by the local rules. Simple really. Oh and don't ask the crews to reports at STD -90 when the Ops Manual clearly states all bases to report at STD -45. :=

M.Mouse
5th Mar 2012, 22:37
It simply does not happen anywhere else that I ever encountered in 46 years.

I have certainly experienced it in the land of the free some years ago when operating the YMX-DTW-YMX sector of the BA LHR-YMX-DTW-YMX-LHR flight. I looked on the positive side that the exercise helped me prevent deep vein thrombosis.

It is a waste of effort trying to understand or change pointless bureaucracy and have to agree with the previous poster regarding the absurdly short turnaround times used by RYR.

Mikehotel152
6th Mar 2012, 06:38
Ah yes SD, you're right about FR. I agree and your solution would work. But the authorities are naiive if they think FR will just do that.

Denti, a 2 minute turnaround? Nonsense, it takes at least that long just to programme the SID, route and STAR. And don't you complete a preflight briefing? We aren't driving buses you know.

befree
6th Mar 2012, 07:19
Ryanair traffic per day down 5% in Feb. Load factor is still flat.

racedo
6th Mar 2012, 08:06
Ryanair traffic per day down 5% in Feb. Load factor is still flat.

Ryanair News

[/URL] (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-s-feb-traffic-down-2-percent#) (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&winname=addthis&pub=ryanair&source=tbx-250&lng=en-GB&s=linkedin&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ryanair.com%2Fen%2Fnews%2Fryanair-s-feb-traffic-down-2-percent&title=Ryanair%27s%20Feb%20Traffic%20Down%202%25&ate=AT-ryanair/-/-/4f55d326cb910476/1&frommenu=1&uid=4f55d3267166052b&ct=1&pre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pprune.org%2Fairlines-airports-routes%2F432261-ryanair-8-a-157.html&tt=0) (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-s-feb-traffic-down-2-percent#) [URL="http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-s-feb-traffic-down-2-percent#"]
News Release
Ryanair’s Feb Traffic Down 2%

Ryanair today (5th Mar) released passenger and load factor stats for Feb 2012 as follows:

Feb 11
Feb 12
Change
Yr to Feb 12
Passengers (m) 1
4.57M
4.47M
-2%
76.1M
Load Factor 2
76%
76%
0%
82%

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said:
“As previously guided, Ryanair’s 2011/12 winter traffic was expected to decline by approx 5% as we sit up to 80 aircraft on the ground due to higher oil prices.”
ENDS.
1. Booked seats sold
2. Passengers as a percentage of total seats available.

Lurking_SLF
6th Mar 2012, 08:08
Does this not boil down to whether the Authorities are breaking any _legal_ treaties?

If they want you to walk through the terminal backwards that's their prerogative (and mine to not go there).

I know FR have done enough to annoy the entire population of Europe twice over, but the question here is whether the requirement is legal or not.

Personally I would have thought that if the requirement is illegal, MOL would have been in court quicker that a FR turn-around!!

WHBM
6th Mar 2012, 08:42
Does this not boil down to whether the Authorities are breaking any _legal_ treaties?
Not quite. It boils down to whether the FIFO Approach* to procedures with customers, staff, suppliers, and others, can be employed only by Ryanair to their own travelling customers and staff, or can in fact be employed by others. Likewise all that tawdry open sniggering and triumphalism that O'Leary set the style for when Malev went under can presumably now be displayed by the Hungarian authorities as well.

* : FIFO Approach - "Fit In or F... Off".

Arkroyal
6th Mar 2012, 09:05
It simply does not happen anywhere else that I ever encountered in 46 yearsA bit closer to home, this is exactly what happens in Belfast City (George Best) airport on a multi sector day, if you fly in from an EU or other european country to fly onwards to a UK one, shutdown, lock up, through Border Control and Customs, then a quick flip round to security and back on the aircraft for another cold start.

Bizarre, ludicrous, disruptive but so so typical of the modern unthinking jobsworth world we now live in.

Denti
6th Mar 2012, 09:33
Denti, a 2 minute turnaround? Nonsense, it takes at least that long just to programme the SID, route and STAR.

Nah, just download the route and winds, performance if you have that option, enter STAR and SID and your done. If you can't download performance figures it is five clicks on the EFB, enter into the FMC and crosscheck. The FMC-download can be started during taxi-in once taxi speed drops below 20kts and the inbound route is deleted. FMC needs all of 1 minute to set up. Since the downloaded route is crossloaded into the EFB you don't need to look for charts, they're right there, brief and you're done. That is only flightdeck preparation though, but even with a leasurely walk around one does not need much more than 5 minutes.

Anyway, if the local rules require such nonsense one simply has to cope with that and adjust turnaround times accordingly. It is not rocket science, is it?

GnRdL
6th Mar 2012, 10:28
Nothing new in ALC. :zzz:

Ryanair ofrece duplicar sus operaciones en El Altet si Aena cede en el embarque a pie,Valencia.-Economa y empresa Expansin.com (http://www.expansion.com/2012/03/06/valencia/1331029143.html)

And at this moment, it seems that he is arriving to BUD...

pee
6th Mar 2012, 12:12
And at this moment, it seems that he is arriving to BUD...
Oh no! My other flight was cancelled, I've chosen the new BUD route instead. Will it happen again? :ooh:

La Amistad
6th Mar 2012, 12:35
Well, we all bow to the skygod. As a mere mortal I like to quickly brief, or be briefed about the route, weather, terrain, operationaly significant matters, notams, defects, pay more than lip service to cross checking the performance and route, maybe even have a quick chat about what happens if something goes wrong on departure....you know.....trivial stuff like that. Maybe one day with many many years of flying I can hope to achieve a 2 minute turnaround also!

To be honest it takes me about two minutes to print out the D-ATIS or obtain the weather and write it down.

Whats that old saying....PPP....

pee
6th Mar 2012, 12:40
Will it happen again?No, not to me this time :ouch:

Due to weak demand, four new routes from BUD will not start; to Chania, Palma de Mallorca, Rhodes and Trapani. Btw., have anybody there in Hungary booked any hotel at non-refundable deal rate? That's it. Just gone.

Also, 2 new BUD destinations announced from May; Düsseldorf NRN and Billund.

GAPSTER
6th Mar 2012, 13:32
Hmmm...as a mere ATCO I take a lot longer than 2 mins to brief pre-shift.As a fare paying customer I would like to think the chap(generic term) up front has taken a lot more time to properly brief for all circumstances,foreseen or otherwise.

I'm sure this bloke isn't alone in his attitude to his job but I'd rather not be behind him.

Bearcat
6th Mar 2012, 13:45
I worked for an operator operating 40min turn arounds into BUD......I was never asked to clear customs.....just sat and drank coffee and punched the buttons for the next leg.

Similar scenario for Canadian operators to BoS from YHZ. They do doubles and every time they land in Bo's they have to clear immigration with the masses arriving from Europe etc. I read between the lines, think its a nightmare from them.

fireflybob
6th Mar 2012, 14:17
Nah, just download the route and winds, performance if you have that option, enter STAR and SID and your done. If you can't download performance figures it is five clicks on the EFB, enter into the FMC and crosscheck. The FMC-download can be started during taxi-in once taxi speed drops below 20kts and the inbound route is deleted. FMC needs all of 1 minute to set up. Since the downloaded route is crossloaded into the EFB you don't need to look for charts, they're right there, brief and you're done. That is only flightdeck preparation though, but even with a leasurely walk around one does not need much more than 5 minutes.

Anyway, if the local rules require such nonsense one simply has to cope with that and adjust turnaround times accordingly. It is not rocket science, is it?

So who's doing the Refuelling Supervision then? We're pretty bionic but cannot be in two places at the same time!!

Torque Tonight
6th Mar 2012, 14:44
It would take nearly 2 minutes to walk the perimeter of a 738 at a brisk pace so presumably nobody's doing a walkaround on Denti's 2 minute turnaround either! Don't even get me started on trying to get 180 Italians or Spaniards seated! The FR 25 minute turnaround is doable but busy (doing everything properly as per SOPs and without the luxury of electronic clearances and company routes) but requires all other parties to do their jobs correctly and in the required timeframe.

It's amusingly predictable that many can interpret this issue as being Ryanair's fault when the statement from BUD indicates that they are mandating a procedure that is rarely seen anywhere else. To require flight crew who are not entering a country, merely turning around and departing again immediately, to clear immigration is frankly absurd, and would severely handicap short and medium haul aviation if commonly adopted. MOL is right to object to this beaurocratic idiocy and has the economic muscle to make his objection heard. Flying as I do 4, sometimes 6, international sectors daily, the last thing I need would be to have to clear immigration on every turnaround. It is not a legal necessity and is frankly a waste of everyone's time and energy. On this issue (alone!) all aircrew should be applauding MOL.

riverrock83
6th Mar 2012, 15:25
On this issue (alone!) all aircrew should be applauding MOL.

Is this a first?

Mikehotel152
6th Mar 2012, 15:33
Sadly, Denti, at FR everything is done manually, including listening to the ATIS, inputting the departure airport and destination, runway in use, anticipating the SID, inputting each of the 15 or so primary waypoints, the STAR, performance figures etc. I don't feel comfortable flying with guys who don't do checklists or a proper briefing...

Anyway, we digress.

Torque Tonight
6th Mar 2012, 15:45
Is this a first?

Probably! But I think his interests and our interest coincide on this one.

PPRuNeUser0176
6th Mar 2012, 16:40
4 planned routes canceled - Chania, Palma, Rhodes & Trapani - low demand
(Wizz will be starting these or airports near by)
2 new routes - Weeze Billund - from May
Barcelona, Paris and London - extra flights

Tom the Tenor
6th Mar 2012, 19:28
There is still scope there so for a twice weekly Budapest Cork if you take into account that number of cancelled routes.

Why not give it a try - with all the Munster vet and medical students from Ireland in Budapest it would be a banker taking into account the kids's parents and pals wanting to go over to visit their loved ones during term time.

It would be a winner!

crewmeal
7th Mar 2012, 07:38
Ryanair: Budget Airline's Advert Saying Bye Bye Thomas Cook Is Banned By Watchdog | Business | Sky News (http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/16183755)

Are there no depths they will sink to to obtain publicity?

racedo
7th Mar 2012, 08:09
15 objections says it all really.

jdcg
7th Mar 2012, 08:53
Well, not really. The general public won't have an opinion on this but anyone working in sales at Thomas Cook would rightly consider this an unfair manipulation of the facts for commercial advantage. The number of complaints is irrelevant in this instance.

Bengerman
7th Mar 2012, 09:08
On this issue (alone!) all aircrew should be applauding MOL.

Yeah!.......Like...I'll applaud O'Leary EVER!!

Dg800
7th Mar 2012, 09:56
Anyway, if the local rules require such nonsense one simply has to cope with that and adjust turnaround times accordingly. It is not rocket science, is it? Or they could just discontinue the service, right? In a deregulated world nobody is forced to provide a service if they think it won't earn them any (or enough) money. Guess who's going to suffer once only one operator, the only one who is willing to put up with such nonsense, is left to provide such service and is thus able to ask any price they want for it? It is not rocket science, is it?

Narrow Runway
7th Mar 2012, 11:29
"Somehow I doubt they pay ALV / AHV / IV / OPK and all the other niceties that get deducted from your salary before having to pay income tax in Switzerland. Or were you trying to repeat that we do not pay taxes just because some ugly small man with big ears pretending to run France says so repeatedly? Or did you try to explain something else?"

Yes, I agree. Wizz Air don't pay anything "nice" in Switzerland to the "employees" benefit. It isn't aimed at benefiting "employees".

The reason the company is nominally headquartered in GVA is more to do with offsetting Corporation tax liabilities than anything else.

Anyway, seeing as most Wizz Air "service providers" are responsible for their own taxes, it is none of the company's issue or problem when "employees/service providers" get investigated for tax evasion.

The fact that your payslip says "Swiss Tax" does not necessarily mean that you have no liabilities elsewhere. For instance in your home country.

Be careful not to confuse paying 5% of earnings in Switzerland with the reality of an outstanding tax liability to your local tax office in your place of residence.:=

jabird
7th Mar 2012, 16:24
The number of complaints is irrelevant in this instance.

Well presumably TC and 14 others? I wouldn't expect many public complaints as the ad wasn't offending a particular group of people outside TC.

Map still showing GRX, so is anything going to happen? Not sure why I couldn't see CGN the other day, it is clearly there now.

Any comments on why the ETS charge is only 25p?

racedo
7th Mar 2012, 16:27
ASA can say what it wants, reality few advertisers care what it says and a slap on the wrist months later has little impact apart from getting you more column inches with the old advert.

jabird
7th Mar 2012, 17:06
ASA can say what it wants, reality few advertisers care what it says and a slap on the wrist months later has little impact apart from getting you more column inches with the old advert.

Exactly, if ASA had teeth, they would have the authority to ban a company from all advertising activity for a period of, say 3 months, if they had repeated transgressions.

I think most people have bigger worries at the moment than this though.

Facelookbovvered
8th Mar 2012, 07:59
I think bmibaby had a similar problem when it started AMS into BHD with the crews then doing BHD EMA they were required to seal the aircraft clear immigration and back out through staff re open the aircraft and prep for boarding not something that helps turn round times

racedo
8th Mar 2012, 15:19
Ryanair Calls on OFT to Explain Why EU Commission is "Best? (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-calls-on-oft-to-explain-why-eu-commission-is-best-placed-to-consider-the-ba-bmi-deal)

Difficult to disagree with the complete and utter inconsistency of this.

On the basis of OFT acting on Ryanair - Aer Lingus then Irish Takeover Commission has ever right to investigate IAG-BMI.

JW411
8th Mar 2012, 17:26
I don't think you understand the problem. I suspect that I have operated through Budapest more times than you have had hot dinners. On not one single occasion was I, or any of my crew, required to go through immigration and back out again during a tech stop.

If I were asked to make a guess at what is really going on at Budapest, I would be looking at local airfield politics.

Just imagine that a bunch of senior Malev captains had a beer on the odd occasion with the chaps in immigration in their local pub.

Suddenly, Malev goes bust and the unfortunate chaps who are now out of a job, quite understandibly, resent Ryanair moving in to what was their golden bowler until last week when the sh*t hit the fan.

The immigration guys can't get away with b*ggering up Lufthansa etc etc but they can get away with b*ggering up any Ryanair crew member who has had the audacity to be based in BUD.

This is local politics; no more, no less.

andrasz
8th Mar 2012, 18:05
After having reached 50 posts with apparently nobody having any clue about what is the huffuf all about, maybe time to set the record straight:

The issue is all about an aircraft that arrives from a non-schengen destination, and departs to a schengen one, or vice versa, because in that case the crew technically crosses the schengen border at turnaround.

This does not affect simple incoming turnaround flights, because crews ariving from non-schengen airports technically never enter, and naturally crews from schengen flights need no control.

FR crew is based in Budapest. Depending on the destination of the first leg, they either have to go through passport control or not at duty start. When they do multiple legs with a return to base and the inward and outward legs go to different zones, that's when the fuss happens.

The EU rule is that if someone crosses the schengen borders, they must be controlled. That's what the border police say.

The FR view is that their crew never actually cross the schengen borders, because they board the aircraft at duty start, never leave it, and deplane in Budapest at duty end, so their journey originates and ends in the schengen zone. They do have a point, nevertheless FR would agree to the crew being controlled at the start of the day, and again at duty end, but the police will hear nothing about it, that is against EU rules.

From what I gather, FR is the only airline which is faced with this particular problem, Wizz rosters the flights to avoid it, everyone else uses foreign based crew. Mind you, I'd be the last to defend MOL, and as a matter of principle, I will never pay them a penny, I'd rather walk or swim. However I do think that in this particular case FR is rightly suggesting that our local authorities, otherwise highly competent and of an unimpeachable integrity, do display somewhat below average intelligence in this particular case...

Hunter58
8th Mar 2012, 18:52
@Narrow Runway

I am living and paying taxes in Switzerland and it is by no means 5%. So stop Ba babbling...:=

Narrow Runway
8th Mar 2012, 19:20
@ hunter58

My point is that most Wizz service providers DON'T live in Switzerland.

On average, deductions for "Swiss Tax" are about 5-10% on average from the service providers pay packet. They don't live there, get no social security there, but pay tax there. Irrespective of whether they ever go there - and they certainly aren't based there!

Quite a few people think that is their tax obligation dealt with, when it obviously is not.

I'm glad to hear you pay more than 5% tax in Switzerland. Where you LIVE. It's a nice place. I'm sure you love it.

The issue I mentioned is exclusive to Wizz Air in that their self employed service providers even get "taxed" in Switzerland irrespective of domicile. Or their wishes. Or the fact that Wizz Air have absolutely no operational set up in Switzerland, excepting a token group of senior executives.

Funny old business.

Anyway, back to Ryanair being shafted for a change. Happy days!

peppo_8787
8th Mar 2012, 22:04
ABORTED TAKE-OFF RYANAIR PALERMO-PISA
Today for the Ryanair flight Pisa-Palermo. Ready for take off, after about 200 meters of track traveled with the engines throttle, the pilot decided to abort the takeoff. Upon exiting the runway, the plane stopped at a junction and the first officer, Italian, said that they decided to abort the takeoff for a small technical problem. After about 40 minutes before the plane left, after technicians from Dublin have given the OK to start, as communicated by the first officer. The flight then continued peacefully... and eventually arrived with only 20 minutes behind the scheduled time..

Meccano
9th Mar 2012, 02:46
Yeah!.......Like...I'll applaud O'Leary EVER!!

Reminds me of the old joke;

You have Hitler, PolPot and O'Leary lined up against a wall, and you have a pistol with two bullets. Who do you shoot?

Answer: O'Leary. Twice. :E

befree
9th Mar 2012, 08:18
Ryanair traffic per day down 5% in Feb.

It is a leap year - pax per day down 5% as total pax down 2%.

Easyjet still adding pax and increasing load factor. Between Feb 2011 and Feb 2012 (29 days) Ryanair lost 100,000 pax and Easyjet added 143,074 pax.

andyafc
9th Mar 2012, 08:28
Rumours going round bout ryanair basing 2 aircraft at durham tees valley. Any truth or just made up?

fa2fi
9th Mar 2012, 08:49
Oh god, last week mme was getting a LHR link now this week it's getting Ryanair. I don't see it happening unfortunately. But I've been wrong in the past ;-)

racedo
9th Mar 2012, 08:54
It is a leap year - pax per day down 5% as total pax down 2%.

Easyjet still adding pax and increasing load factor. Between Feb 2011 and Feb 2012 (29 days) Ryanair lost 100,000 pax and Easyjet added 143,074 pax.

Now we add makeyup statistics to the norm of Ryanair bashing......strange how you haven't posted on Easyjet forum that there passenger numbers per day are completely FLAT on same basis...............on wait that doesn't suit your warped agenda

Ryanair very clear in telling people what they were doingand unsurprisingly they did what they said they would and increased profits as a result.

Strange every time the results come out you on here claiming how bad things are and nothing will change which they prove again and again you have no idea.

So did they turn you down for a job years ago because you weren't good with figures ? Just curious.

pee
9th Mar 2012, 09:31
Ryanair has been very pleased with pax numbers on Charleroi to Lappeenranta route passenger numbers, but the negotiations with the city of Lappeenranta concerning the marketing co-operation have not progressed fast enough. Due to this reason the company has decided to discontinue the route as of April 17th.

Typical for Ryanair. As I've mentioned before, the city of Lappeenranta sees no need to rise its sponsorship level for travels between Western Europe and Russia.

WHBM
9th Mar 2012, 10:32
Ryanair has been very pleased with pax numbers on Charleroi to Lappeenranta route passenger numbers, but the negotiations with the city of Lappeenranta concerning the marketing co-operation have not progressed fast enough. Due to this reason the company has decided to discontinue the route as of April 17th.

Typical for Ryanair. As I've mentioned before, the city of Lappeenranta sees no need to rise its sponsorship level for travels between Western Europe and Russia.
Pee and myself have discussed Lappeenranta in Finland over the years. However I can't believe that any revenue that the good burghers of that quite small town (which has even lost its feeder flights to Helsinki now) might make could be really significant compared to the revenue from tickets. I also wouldn't have put Charleroi up at the top of likely destinations for those from St Petersburg, just across the border in Russia, to head for. Charleroi, Weeze and Bergamo are a bizarre set of destinations to serve, surely London, Paris, Berlin and Rome are a much more relevant set of points. Most of the Lappeenranta traffic originates from Russia, for whom Brussels has a minimal attraction, and these pax just travel from LPP airport directly to/from the border just down the road, generally not spending anything in the town, or wanting to.

pee
9th Mar 2012, 11:15
^^ Clearly one of the situations where the lack of vision is showing up. You have to have a vision how to make money in short term, that is something Ryanair certainly has. There should be also a vision of future development of the network in its entirety and in some particular places that would require some more sophisticated approach - it doesn't exist.

Keyvon
9th Mar 2012, 12:52
Ryanair has recently chopped a number of routes previously scheduled for the coming summer season :

LPL-NYO
LPL-LEI
LPL-RYG
LPL-RMI
LPL-CIA
LPL-BGY
FAO-LEJ
FAO-BGY
CAG-IBZ
BGY-MRS
CRL-LPP
CIA-RIX
CIA-GOA
CAG-IBZ
BUD-CHQ
BUD-PMI
BUD-RHO
BUD-TPS
HHN-AXD
KUN-EIN
MAD-LGW
PSA-TMP

Does anybody know if there are any further ?

alm1
9th Mar 2012, 14:01
Does anybody know if there are further ?KUN-EIN also canceled

j636
9th Mar 2012, 16:27
Could ryanair not compete with wizz on. VNO. EIN route

alm1
9th Mar 2012, 16:50
I think Ryanair looses lots of higher yielding passengers here (for travel to and from Lithuania and Latvia) by not selling tickets from their website 7 days till the travel day due to some fraud that other airlines (Wizz including) have no problem to deal with.

eu01
9th Mar 2012, 18:14
Ryanair has reached an agreement with Hungarian authorities concerning the BUD border control. Having no further details, I'll just quote the Ryanair's announcement:RYANAIR & BUDAPEST BORDER CONTROL AGREE PROCEDURES TO PREVENT FURTHER FLIGHT DELAYS OR CANCELLATIONS

Ryanair, Hungary’s favourite airline [WOW, already?], today (9th Mar) announced that it has agreed new procedures with Budapest Border Control Police to ensure that its flights will not be delayed or cancelled while Ryanair crews, on specific flights, undergo agreed Border Control procedures at Budapest Airport.

These new procedures, which have been agreed between Ryanair and Budapest Border Control Police, will ensure that Ryanair’s 25 min turnarounds will not be delayed while specific Ryanair crews comply with Budapest Border Control procedures. As a result of this new agreement Ryanair confirmed that there will be no further flight cancellations at Budapest Airport after Friday 16th March.

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said:

“Ryanair is pleased with this agreement with Budapest Border Control Police which will satisfy their immigration requirements while ensuring that Ryanair passengers do not suffer unreasonable flight delays or cancellations at Budapest airport.

For operational reasons the two daily Ryanair flights which have been cancelled up to Friday 16th March cannot be reinstated, but we are pleased to confirm that all scheduled flights will operate without cancellation from 17th March. Ryanair sincerely thanks Budapest Airport and Budapest Border Control Police for their assistance in reaching this passenger focused solution, which now allows Ryanair to focus all our efforts on growing traffic and tourism at our new Budapest base.”

in the original version: "cancelations"

FR8364
9th Mar 2012, 18:42
In FAO they will put the 8th plane based for summer, but they have decided at the end to leave only 7. So:

FAO-LEJ Cancelled
FAO-BGY Cancelled
FAO- BVA, BOH, ORK, BRS, MST Reduction to 1x/week.

andrasz
10th Mar 2012, 08:16
The morning's news is that FR and the border police have agreed on a new, mutually acceptable procedure (no word on exactly what). Something tells me that this was an excellent excuse to cancel a couple of underperforming flights without the need to pay out any compensation, and to gain a little MOL style publicity in the process.

Nevertheless, the procedure did sound rather stupid...

daz211
10th Mar 2012, 14:11
Has anyone had problems with the booking part of the website ?
I am trying to look at flights to ACE in JUL, Every time I put the dates in and click/tick the T/C and then the stupid code word I get an error page saying I must tick the T/C which I have done...

I have tried about 10x now on three browsers over the last 24hr and the same keeps happening :ugh:.

Once or twice I get in but after 3x dates I get the same Error (T/C).

Ryanair please dont push me back to EZY again just returned from ACE with them and the flight times are crap and I dont fancy another 2.45 hr drive bloody M25 :yuk:.

TSR2
10th Mar 2012, 17:19
daz211,

The system works fine for me.

I note that quite a few dates on the Stansted - Arrecife route are full during July.

CCR
10th Mar 2012, 18:21
Yes, I also got that error yesterday trying to book a flight to Ireland.
Gave up on the 3rd attempt and booked a flight with Aer Lingus instead.

ayroplain
10th Mar 2012, 18:23
Has anyone had problems with the booking part of the website ?
Yes there have been some problems this week with the booking website and, in particular, getting timeouts after about 20 seconds of commencing to book and also non-completion of bookings at the very end with the system going no further. Good fun watching the little plane icons flash for 20 minutes a time ;) - but does wear out after 5/6 tries. Managed to book successfully next day.

daz211
10th Mar 2012, 18:32
Thanks for the replys
I will keep trying, Im not going through the Easyjet thing again I need a holiday after the flight times with Easy and I wont go on about the M25 thing again :oh:.

Jorik
11th Mar 2012, 10:28
More routes cancelled:

Pescara - Eindhoven
Pisa - Tampere

Where are they moving all this capacity to?

racedo
11th Mar 2012, 10:29
Where are they moving all this capacity to?

Spanair and Malev come to mind......

Enos
11th Mar 2012, 16:23
FR Put nothing back into the industry.

They make pilots pay to train, don't apprentice engineers, pay their cc virtually nothing and make their crew chase planes around Europe to work.

SO GOOD when it doesn't go all your own way and Airports mess you around.

Anybody who defends these guys is a fool, ten years ago a 737 FO could easily support a family, im not so sure now.

:D

flyingtincan
11th Mar 2012, 18:44
Does anyone have any (inside) info on why Madrid to London Gatwick is no more from mid April?

Jamie2k9
12th Mar 2012, 01:15
Due to be a press conference at Genoa on Tuesday.

Jorik
12th Mar 2012, 14:33
Press conference at Groningen Airport Eelde started at 15.00 local time.
Ryanair returning to Groningen in the North of the Netherlands with 3 new routes

NEW (starting May 2):

Groningen - Marseille
Groningen - Palma de Mallorca
Groningen - Milan (Bergamo)

Jippie
12th Mar 2012, 16:13
Interesting, the routes will already start this summer, while the runway lengthening will only be finished before next summer.
Until then they will have a (slight?) capacity restriction on the 5900ft runway of Groningen.

jabird
13th Mar 2012, 00:38
Interesting, the routes will already start this summer, while the runway lengthening will only be finished before next summer.
Until then they will have a (slight?) capacity restriction on the 5900ft runway of Groningen.

Well surely one destination which would be unaffected by this is London, and iirc, a STN route has been operated previously. Despite the Netherlands having a generally excellent rail network, GRQ is quite out of the way - and a good 2 / 1/2 hours from Schiphol.

Or you can fly GRQ-ABZ-LHR!

Bagmanlgw
13th Mar 2012, 07:02
Now what would a press conference in Genoa have in common with LGW- MAD stopping ?

FR-
13th Mar 2012, 09:24
Ryanair pilots and cabin crew will have a pay freeze next year. Apart from a few crew who had the most unpaid leave this winter. But no general pay rise.

fr-

sunday8pm
13th Mar 2012, 09:32
To what extent will FR be threatened/concerned by DY's planned expansion? Is there room in Europe for them both?

Hollymead
13th Mar 2012, 11:05
Rumours that Badajoz soon to be announced .

Hollymead
13th Mar 2012, 11:11
Genoa to Ibiza , Madrid and Valencia announced .

GayFriendly
13th Mar 2012, 11:36
If you do work for them, leave and get a job elsewhere

Yeah because there are thousands of vacant jobs about and nobody chasing them :rolleyes: I agree, if you don't like what you do then plan to make a change but it's a bit harsh and for many people entirely impractical to say leave and get a new job just like that!

For what it's worth, I know a couple of people who work for FR (flight deck and crew), yeah they say it's hard work but don't moan about pay and conditions

JSCL
13th Mar 2012, 19:56
Flew FR today because EI to/from DUB times today weren't too convenient. I had a rather interesting experience. Ever seen a film called The Ugly Truth? The part where they go out on a date to the baseball and she spills the drink? I sure hope the FA on my return flight wasn't using it for inspiration. She decided to open a can of lemonade over me / my seat and as you will have guessed, all over my suit trousers. I ask for some tissues (surprised she didn't charge me for it hah), she brings them as asked, and decided to wipe/dry it up for me. Of course this caused great humour amongst the other gentlemen travel companions I had...

Thanks FR for such a memorable delay!

Jorik
13th Mar 2012, 20:28
Eindhoven - Madrid cancelled :bored:

Voorpagina - Luchtvaartnieuws (http://luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nl-NL/Nieuws/Voorpagina.cms) (Dutch)

b4dger
14th Mar 2012, 09:57
Does anyone know the reason why FR are going from 2x daily fights between LGW and MAD to zero??

Jorik
14th Mar 2012, 11:11
I'm afraid something with the fees at MAD. Eindhoven-Madrid was doing very well and got cancelled as well. Some story on the LGW-MAD route. Very very strange

pee
14th Mar 2012, 13:38
Very very strangeWhatever the reason, such constant juggling with schedules including the cancellations of already scheduled flights would make any carrier simply unreliable. In practice, juggling with schedules equals to juggling with pax. At the cost of poorer LF's in the future, most likely.

racedo
14th Mar 2012, 14:59
Whatever the reason, such constant juggling with schedules including the cancellations of already scheduled flights would make any carrier simply unreliable. In practice, juggling with schedules equals to juggling with pax. At the cost of poorer LF's in the future, most likely.

Not necessarily as they may be seeking to prevent poor load factors in the future.

frfly
14th Mar 2012, 18:29
I agree with pee - while in the short term chopping routes will maintain profitability (as new deals and marketing incentives are made) it does however in the long term drive a loyal passenger base away. A big focus now is finding the most profitable routes for the 300 aircraft, seeing as there will no longer be A/C growth, PAX and revenue growth has to come from the most sustainable and profitable routes, so expect a lot of network changes in the next 18 months.

PPRuNeUser0176
14th Mar 2012, 20:59
Ryanair said today that they would not start flights from Badajoz because they don't have the aircraft to do so.

racedo
15th Mar 2012, 00:38
A big focus now is finding the most profitable routes for the 300 aircraft, seeing as there will no longer be A/C growth, PAX and revenue growth has to come from the most sustainable and profitable routes, so expect a lot of network changes in the next 18 months.

Can think of someone on here that will annoy as that gets away from his mantra of Ryanair not thinking of profitability and how fuel costs will destroy them etc etc

jabird
15th Mar 2012, 00:46
Ryanair said today that they would not start flights from Badajoz because they don't have the aircraft to do so.

No they don't. With a population c. 100k, little by way of inbound tourism, is Badajoz Spain's answer to Norwich? Certainly not enough Q400s in FR's fleet to serve this market.

racedo
15th Mar 2012, 08:44
No they don't. With a population c. 100k, little by way of inbound tourism, is Badajoz Spain's answer to Norwich? Certainly not enough Q400s in FR's fleet to serve this market.

Norwich surprisingly has a pop of 300,000, however it is quite limited in terms of ability to attract enough people there to use an airport with only 440,000 using its airport last year.

frogone
15th Mar 2012, 12:41
I'd say it's more of an issue of not having pilots to fly the 737s.

pug
15th Mar 2012, 12:49
Norwich surprisingly has a pop of 300,000, however it is quite limited in terms of ability to attract enough people there to use an airport with only 440,000 using its airport last year.

Thats hardly a bad figure, given that (assuming all passengers both departed and arrived through NWI) 210,000 used the airport last year. That would equate to 74% of the population of Norwich. Of course I would assume that the catchment area is significantly bigger than 300,000 though, and then consider that STN isn't too far away!

FR738
15th Mar 2012, 12:57
I heard some rumors that Ryanair will serve Madrid and Dublin from Cologne...possible? Your opinions?

It looks like they have very high yields on Cologne-Palma/Girona.

jabird
15th Mar 2012, 18:42
Thats hardly a bad figure, given that (assuming all passengers both departed and arrived through NWI) 210,000 used the airport last year. That would equate to 74% of the population of Norwich. Of course I would assume that the catchment area is significantly bigger than 300,000 though, and then consider that STN isn't too far away!

And also assuming that 100% of departing using NWI were on their outbound leg, ie no inbound tourists / business pax?

My reference to NWI was more that Badajoz is out of the way.

Higher yields from CGN v HHN or NRN not surprising considering it is so much better connected by road and rail. More evidence of Ryanair becoming the high yield airline rather than the low cost one!

pee
19th Mar 2012, 14:56
Kind of curiosity, but let's mention it.

Have you heard of any planned connections to feed into Ryanair flights? Yes, sure, it can be true with buses, but do you know of any flights?

Åland Islands is a Swedish-speaking region of Finland on the Baltic sea. As announced, the small local Air Åland is going to start flights from Mariehamn to Turku and, as their CEO says, they count on passengers changing there into FR flights to London.

A good initiative, even it's hardly the official cooperation. So far Ryanair do not want to cooperate with anybody in such questions, being reluctant to provide any connections even within their own network. A pity, I'd say.

You can read more about this issue here (in Swedish) (http://www.nyan.ax/nyheter/?news_id=69466).

racedo
19th Mar 2012, 15:00
A good initiative, even it's hardly the official cooperation. So far Ryanair do not want to cooperate with anybody in such questions, being reluctant to provide any connections even within their own network. A pity, I'd say.

Never say never and its possible a side deal done or an understanding which is completely non contractual for both side.

RAT 5
19th Mar 2012, 17:16
2010 RYR make what they say were excellent profits, (€300ish) but none given back to improve general conditions. Pax given a basic service as advertised by MOL in his Brussels innovation lecture roadshow. All in all they claim they have to squeeze the guys & gals to survive as the worlds favourite airline. In 2010 Lufthansa has some of the best T's & C's anywhere, certainly EU; the pax receive a high level experience as befits a legacy carrier. Profit €1.1bn. So who is doing it the correct way? OK, LH say they will lose money winter 2011, but so will nearly everyone including RYR. I suspect if you look at total profits over the last 10 years of turmoil I suspect RYR will not top the list despite their scrooge mentality. LH will be up there. And looking at KLM's €100 return tickets to many EU destinations, including 23kgs of baggage, 2 pieces, in the cabin, of a usually un-weighed 10kgs; free transfer onto the earlier return flight; always a smile and helpful. BA & LH often match these prices. Why do so many still trawl around the skies in a cramped scruffy seat with so many add-ons that others take for granted? Beats me. Seems too many have been brain-washed into believing that's the way it has to be for a cheap price. Not so.

VC10man
19th Mar 2012, 17:27
I fly Ryanair because they fly from my local airport, EMA, to plenty of destinations. I would love to go on BA or LH, but I would have to go to LHR and pay much more.

ericlday
19th Mar 2012, 17:30
VC10man......me too.

eu01
19th Mar 2012, 18:21
I fly Ryanair because they fly from my local airport, EMA, to plenty of destinations.I can see, however, a significant asymmetry there. From EMA one can fly to, say, Limoges, France. And indeed, to dozens of other destinations as well. But in addition to EMA the locals from Limoges can fly just to few other places, all in the UK. Bad for them, bad for Ryanair, as it cuts some potential sources of income. People from Limoges would love to have better choice of destinations. But - pertaining to the issue of connecting flights - FR do not provide such opportunities.

adfly
19th Mar 2012, 19:17
Flybe do though!

LGS6753
19th Mar 2012, 19:52
RAT,

Lufthansa make their money from long-haul and premium prices. Fr don't do either. I guess if you compared LH's average fare with FR's average, you would find a huge gap!

Coquelet
19th Mar 2012, 20:00
There are many opportunities of connecting flights with Ryanair, and I have often taken advantage of these opportunities when there is no direct flight, for instance : BDS-BGY-CRL, NYO-TSF-CRL, DUB-EDI-CRL, and a lot of others.
But Ryanair does not guarantee the connection : if the first flight is late and you miss the connecting flight, you are on your own. Given the ponctuality of Ryanair, it seldom happens. Never happened to me until now ..

AGPwallah
19th Mar 2012, 21:23
I've done it myself coquelet, TRF-STN-AGP and with about an hour and a half between landing at and departing from STN it's just about doable. When I last did it in January we pushed back 25 mins early at TRF and despite having to be deiced we were still in the air 10 mins before scheduled departure time. No need in the summer as there's a direct TRF-AGP.

eu01
19th Mar 2012, 21:32
But Ryanair does not guarantee the connection: if the first flight is late and you miss the connecting flight, you are on your own.And just that is a nightmare for so many pax, they simply fear, most of them hesitate and finally choose something else. Or simply they do not know FR network well enough to start thinking that way.
Besides, the schedules should be constructed in a different way from the very beginning if more than a few noteworthy connections are considered. I think FR should keep that in mind even if officially do not provide any connecting flights, just to satisfy these brave ones (and get some more €€€'s). But no, I've already lost my hope. It's not a real option with Ryanair. Just for hobbyists perhaps.

davidjohnson6
20th Mar 2012, 01:28
Haven't been to Hahn for about a year but remember the Ryanair desks had a fairl prominent notice saying connections were not provided as FR did just point to point. Presumably more than 1 irate passenger has missed an onward flight and been stuck for the night at an airport which is frankly rather grim and a long way from anywhere else by land

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Mar 2012, 11:20
The Irish Aviation Authority have launched an investgation into Ryanair over exit rows on aircraft being left empty. as passengers refuse to pay 10 euro to sit there. Passengers who are near the exit rows are expected to know how to open the doors in an emergency.. The UK CAA said it was a gray area in Ryanairs policy.

Ryanair see no problem with it and they will discuss the matter further with the IAA.

Noxegon
20th Mar 2012, 15:24
Link:

Ryanair investigated over emergency exit rows left empty as passengers snub £10 charge | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2117537/Ryanair-investigated-emergency-exit-rows-left-passengers-snub-10-charge.html?ito=feeds-newsxml)

PPRuNeUser0176
23rd Mar 2012, 00:33
Ryanair reacts to EU finding in ash cloud case - RT News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0322/air-business.html)

Would it not be a whole lot cheeper for FR to pay the passenger than wasting much more money on courts.

Alsacienne
23rd Mar 2012, 08:02
FR to pay the passenger than wasting much more money on courts

Hell would have to freeze over first! Besides, going through the courts gets MOL free publicity far in excess of the amount he'd have to pay otherwise to bring the Flying Harp to public notice.

racedo
23rd Mar 2012, 09:25
Would it not be a whole lot cheeper for FR to pay the passenger than wasting much more money on courts.

That arguement could be used for every company, in every industry, that they should just pay out rather than questioning flawed legislation.

Ryanair didn't cancel the flight, the flight was cancelled for them and they along with everyone else were refused permission to fly.

Finally WW forced the EU's hand and you can bet he talked with a few others in the Industry before doing so.

EU Govts can't on one hand decide to stop business operating and then state its not our problem you pick up any costs with no limit to it.

Hollymead
23rd Mar 2012, 10:15
Low-cost Ryanair to start flying to and from Montenegro in June 2012 (http://www.gov.me/en/News/112747/Low-cost-Ryanair-to-start-flying-to-and-from-Montenegro-in-June-2012.html)

EI-A330-300
24th Mar 2012, 01:04
Ryanair failed to get a High Court injunction to stop Budget Travel selling Ryanair flights as part of hoilday packages.

eu01
24th Mar 2012, 13:15
According to dailynewsmontenegro.com (http://www.dailynewsmontenegro.com) Ryanair coming to Montenegro it's a deal now.

This year, there will be flights to Podgorica (formerly Titograd) from BGY, CRL and London (seasonal only). In the following years, the number of flights will increase.

racedo
24th Mar 2012, 13:45
Ryanair failed to get a High Court injunction to stop Budget Travel selling Ryanair flights as part of hoilday packages.

Ryanair will no doubt start changing a few flights around to make life difficult for Budget.

Course could get interesting if holiday issues of flight booked via Budget as passengers claim will be with Budget not Ryanair.

PPRuNeUser0176
24th Mar 2012, 14:17
They might but they will have to go through the airport slot system and it would take time for this to happen and as most sun flights are in the morning FR won't get very far as most slots are taken.

Then on the other side FR have the highest level of slot changes than any other airline at Dublin.

Charlie Roy
26th Mar 2012, 21:31
Ryanair have added Berlin Brandenburg to their routemap around 100km west of Berlin Schönefeld :O

MPH
27th Mar 2012, 08:58
Sorry to say but, it's on the same Schonefeld (SXF) airport but on the south side!

FR-
27th Mar 2012, 09:01
It you look close BHX is shown at london north/manchester south

fr-

Carnethy
27th Mar 2012, 16:33
Paphos expecting it's very first Ryanair flight tomorrow morning at 10:15 from Budapest. This must be a Budapest based a/c as PFO don't yet have their two. Wonder what the loads will be like?

AMS flyer
27th Mar 2012, 16:53
Announced today by Michael Cawley at Eindhoven Airport: a new route between Eindhoven and Carcassonne, commencing 16 June.

Slickonline
27th Mar 2012, 19:55
any idea when the winter flights are coming out anyone

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Mar 2012, 21:08
Ryanair lose another case in ALC dispute.

Ryanair suffers another judicial setback over use of airbridges at Alicante Airport (http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_34175.shtml)

The ruling comes on the same day that Ryanair starts a service to Palma de Mallorca, but there they have accepted using the airbridges without question.

And

Ryanair Loses EU Court Challenge Over Alitalia Rescue Loan - Businessweek (http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-03-28/ryanair-loses-eu-court-challenge-over-alitalia-rescue-loan)

racedo
28th Mar 2012, 22:22
EU case is a strange one as ruling basically says that provide state aid, company goes bust and gets sold to cobolled together Govt consortium which then doesn't need to repay state aid.....

Strange decision which if allowed to stand will allow Govts to do the same with lots of industries arguing that when they go bust and phoenix then its ok as companies have no connections with old company.

Jippie
28th Mar 2012, 23:17
Michael Cawley was at Eindhoven as Ryanair is operating their since 10 years now. According to local newspaper 'Eindhovens Dagblad', Ryanair and Eindhoven airport talked about a base for next year starting with 2 aircraft. (Ryanair wil basis Eindhoven Airport - Airport - Specials - ED (http://www.ed.nl/specials/airport/10744521/Ryanair-wil-basis-Eindhoven-Airport.ece))

silverhawk
29th Mar 2012, 05:49
How will Ryanair crew the schedule this summer? Too few Captains due to working conditions and dodgy Irish tax set up.

Who/what will they try to blame for the cancelled flights this time?

Good luck if you have booked any flights with them between now and end of September.

Just this morning at about 0515 crewing called a Captain on his day off to ask him to cover the shortfall! Not even April yet.

Reap what you sow, birds coming home to roost.

Just heard this is the reason for the Lanzarote-Luton 9 hour delay. This is just the beginning.

TSR2
29th Mar 2012, 08:07
Just heard this is the reason for the Lanzarote-Luton 9 hour delay.

'Technical Fault' according to the Ryanair website.

silverhawk
29th Mar 2012, 08:27
A lie

What do you expect them to say? 'We do not have enough pilots because we treat them worse than we treat our customers'

'technical fault' absolves the airline of liability, so no compensation to pax.
Crew shortage is a failing in the airline infrastructure and in this case does attract compensation

Tillingdale
29th Mar 2012, 08:54
Indeed. I could not depart a scheduled flight one day as we were waiting for another flight deck crew member to position in from another base. They were so short of crew last summer there was no standby cover on many days. We had a couple of hours waiting and the FR website said it was an ATC delay!

silverhawk
29th Mar 2012, 08:59
Lol, yes ATC delay as in

We lost Another Training Captain to a decent airline

racedo
29th Mar 2012, 10:59
Ryanair Condemns EU Commission Bias against Low Fares Airlines... (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-condemns-eu-commission-bias-against-low-fares-airlines)

Hmmm EU saying no bar on people using LCCs to travel to Bruseels on EU paid business but AMEX their own travel agency say there is.....

Why does it surprise anybody that those in power in EU say one thing but those who "do the doing" state very clearly what the paramenters they work within are......

PPRuNeUser0176
29th Mar 2012, 12:38
Mr O'Leary also said he did not expect any headline growth for Ryanair in 2014 and 2015.
"We'll still be opening up new routes and new bases, but be closing the worst performing airports and bases. We'll continue to have new route and airport growth through 2014 and 2015 as a result of churn, but we won't have any topline growth," he said.

Mr O'Leary also said today Ryanair is interested in acquiring the State's 25 per cent holding in Aer Lingus but claimed the Government would not sell it to the airline.

Ryanair seeks end to 'travel ban' - The Irish Times - Thu, Mar 29, 2012 (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0329/breaking16.html#.T3Q0H9G9NVg.twitter)

Hollymead
29th Mar 2012, 16:57
I see Ryanair have shut the 'customer services' desk in Sat 3 at STN . Was this done under the trade descriptions act ?

pamann
29th Mar 2012, 17:35
No point having a desk offering something they don't supply.

pee
30th Mar 2012, 06:19
Rumours say that Danish trade unions plan to impose a blockade on Ryanair flights in Aarhus. It's related to the airline's lack of recognition of any local union.

racedo
30th Mar 2012, 08:27
Rumours say that Danish trade unions plan to impose a blockade on Ryanair flights in Aarhus. It's related to the airline's lack of recognition of any local union.

Hope they have deep pockets as can see this going to court. Then again as FR have 85% of the flights a removal of flights with an impact on the jobs tends to change viewpoints.

PPRuNeUser0176
31st Mar 2012, 22:16
http://exyuaviation.********.com/2012/03/ryanair-angry-at-montenegro.html?spref=tw

normally FR can't get enough of PR....

lfc84
2nd Apr 2012, 15:17
Does anyone know if its possible to access ryanair.com using a Blackberry.

I guessed at https://m.ryanair.com/Login.aspx

There is a site at that URL but it isnt a customer facing site.

eu01
2nd Apr 2012, 19:03
Despite the already agreed "marketing support", amounting to almost 20 EUR per pax, Ryanair will not enter Montenegro. Uncertain about the profitability, exposed to damaging publicity, "the commercial elements being still not acceptable", terms of this agreement "could be re-discussed in the future", etc.

Lack of resources perhaps?

j636
4th Apr 2012, 13:12
March traffic down 4% to 5.5million. LF also down 1% to 78

BigFrank
4th Apr 2012, 16:11
@ silverhawk

" 'technical fault' absolves the airline of liability, so no compensation to pax.
Crew shortage is a failing in the airline infrastructure and in this case does attract compensation ..."

Not true.

It is for the airline to PROVE that any technical problem was unavoidable and could not have reasonably been foreseen.

It is not acceptable for Ryanair (or any other airline) to claim that "all our planes and crew were fully committed; ergo we couldn't provide a relief plane and crew in the case of a major mechanical failure" as any well managed airline must, like a well managed bus service for example, anticipate unexpected problems and build in some reasonable degree of spare provision.

The difference is of course that the obligation for airline is set out implicitly in the above regulation (with clear penalties for failure to provide the service contracted by the passenger specified there too) but this is not the case for bus services.

Might it possibly be because of Ryanair's outrageous use of one of its aircraft by the then EU Transport Commissioner at the time of the last Irish EU referendum that the enforcement of these regulations against Ryanair remains more than somewhat limited ?

racedo
4th Apr 2012, 20:40
Might it possibly be because of Ryanair's outrageous use of one of its aircraft by the then EU Transport Commissioner at the time of the last Irish EU referendum that the enforcement of these regulations against Ryanair remains more than somewhat limited ?

What a load a bull crap.....

If that was the case then all cases regarding Ryanair and EU since then would be in their favour.

What is outrageous about a company doing something in support of something in its best interests ?

Think you have been reading and watching to many X files and conspiracy novels.

compton3bravo
4th Apr 2012, 20:50
Many thanks Racedo for your constructive replies. I imagine your the Ryanair representative for Surrey then?

racedo
4th Apr 2012, 21:29
Many thanks Racedo for your constructive replies. I imagine your the Ryanair representative for Surrey then?

yawn..............if you want to make it personal at least be original.:ugh:

j636
4th Apr 2012, 21:44
Ryanair hit by new EU inquiry | Business | The Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/apr/04/ryanair-faces-eu-inquiry?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

it is currently investigating 17 different Ryanair airport agreements

racedo
4th Apr 2012, 21:57
J636

How could that be !!!! Shurely shome mistake.

Afterall it gave an aircraft for use in Ireland for 1 day so EU can't investigate them ...................if people's claims are to be believed.

compton3bravo
5th Apr 2012, 06:56
Not being personal at all Racedo. If you can´t take a joke etc. As they say if you cannot stand the fire get out of the kitchen. Happy Easter.

BigFrank
5th Apr 2012, 09:30
Pure political flatulence and hot air.

What is the EU doing about Ryanair:

i) On the matter in hand in the news report

ii) in terms of EU261/ 2004

iii) in terms of failing to meet with multiple national regualtions regarding taxes and social security arrangements for local staff; not to mention trade union representation regulations

iv) regarding the provision of a free plane to the EU Transport Commissioner to interfere in an internal national referendum in Ireland. ?

¿ Need I continue ?

Fairdealfrank
5th Apr 2012, 11:13
With reference to the EU and aviation issues, specifically Ryanair activity, Lufthansa acquisitions, ATI issues around BA as compared to AF and LH, slot issues at LHR, government aid and assistance to carriers, etc., the playing field appears to be about as level as that at Yeovil Football Club

racedo
5th Apr 2012, 18:07
i) On the matter in hand in the news report

EU going against settled case already decided by EU Courts.

EU has no place in deciding whether a Regional Councils' infrastruture investment is appropriate.

I notice no queries getting asked about the Spanish regional government in Catalonia investments in infrastructure.

ii) in terms of EU261/ 2004

Ryanair along with other Airlines have made representations regarding EU regulations.

Not sure why you feel agrieved on this as laws which penalise companies who are denied right to fly as in Icelandic ash case. No proof provided as to damage and everybody barred against damages case aginst same parties who decide to stop companies lawfully trading.

iii) in terms of failing to meet with multiple national regualtions regarding taxes and social security arrangements for local staff; not to mention trade union representation regulations

Many companies employ staff in other countries who are the subject to employment contracts emanating from a different country............airlines, hotel companies, travel companies, oil companies, military etc and have have been doing this for years within Spain yet somehow its not an issue.

Ask Eurocamp staff where their contract of employment originates from.

The treaty of Rome allows the free movement of Labour and nothing requires any person to work for any company...............or is this the bit you struggling with.

As for trade union rights there is no requirement on a company to recognise any trade union.

Looking at how Spanish ATC, Iberia and other Spanish companies operate with trade unions and the additional costs they impose on a business its understandable why any company wants to avoid working with trade unions.

iv) regarding the provision of a free plane to the EU Transport Commissioner to interfere in an internal national referendum in Ireland. ?

Ryanair Ltd have every right to support a treaty which is in their interest as did
Intel and other companies
Lisbon Treaty Referendum in Ireland (http://www.intel.com/corporate/europe/emea/irl/intel/lisbon/index.htm)

Ryanair board is reponsible to their shareholders and think you will find that not an issue at their AGM.

Perhaps you should ask why Spanish Catalan Regional Government invested in an Airline (Spanair) and lost €150 M or why they owe €38 billion.

befree
6th Apr 2012, 07:50
This week airlines such as Easyjet, BA, etc have reported rising pax numbers and load factors. The average is going to be around 5% more pax. FR instead has lower pax and load factor. Years of being mean on pax is starting to tell.

racedo
6th Apr 2012, 09:07
This week airlines such as Easyjet, BA, etc have reported rising pax numbers and load factors. The average is going to be around 5% more pax. FR instead has lower pax and load factor. Years of being mean on pax is starting to tell.

Stopping routes throughout the winter to improve profitability is the reason for reduction of passengers.

eu01
6th Apr 2012, 09:11
Stopping routes throughout the winter to improve profitability is the reason for reduction of passengers.
And the load factors at the same time???

lfc84
6th Apr 2012, 15:34
BBC News - Three examined in hospital after Ryanair emergency descent (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-17631534)

6 April 2012 Last updated at 03:18
Three examined in hospital after Ryanair emergency descent
Three people were examined in hospital after a Ryanair flight to East Midlands Airport made an emergency descent following a cabin pressure alert.
The plane was diverted to Frankfurt in Germany; the German authorities said 10 other people suffered minor injuries.
Among the 134 passengers on board Wednesday's flight from Bergamo, in Italy, were Nottingham couple Melvin and Jacqueline Frater.
Mrs Frater said many of those on board were afraid during the incident.
"You could see the whites of the eyes of the people next to you. People were panicking but they weren't screaming or shouting," she said.
"You overheard the captain saying 'Mayday, mayday,' and he was saying it rapidly as we were going down. I thought my number was up."
'Crying with pain'
Ryanair said the captain had identified a pressurisation warning and descended from 31,000 ft to 10,000ft as recommended.
Mr Frater, from Bakersfield, said: "I don't know how long we were actually falling but you could tell it was rapidly because of the pressure in our ears.
"Then the children and babies started crying with the pain."
The aircraft landed at 12:00 local time and passengers were later taken on to East Midlands Airport on another flight.
It has been reported that another Ryanair Boeing 737-800 suffered a decompression on 6 February while flying from Bergamo to Charleroi in Belgium.
In a statement Ryanair apologised to all the passengers affected by the diversion and delay on Wednesday.
The aircraft has been examined, but the German Federal Bureau of Aircraft Accident Investigation said the full investigation could take up to a year.
A spokesman for the bureau said three people were taken to hospital for examination after the incident but were not seriously injured. Ten people received minor injuries but did not require hospital treatment.

BBC © 2012 The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites. Read more.

racedo
6th Apr 2012, 16:09
And the load factors at the same time???

FR load factors approx 1/2 of 1 percent lower in last 6 months than corresponding year.

Easyjet load factor 1/2 of 1 percent high in last 6 months than corresponding year.

Course you could look at what owners look at and how much money is being made.

befree
6th Apr 2012, 16:58
Easyjet load factor 1/2 of 1 percent high in last 6 months than corresponding year.

Easyjet load factor is up a whole 1% over the last 6 month at 86.64%. Ryanair load factor is around 78.4% (over same 6 months), that is over 8% lower than Easyjet. It is clear that Ryanair is getting things badly wrong and cutting capacity is not improving load factors.