View Full Version : Ryanair - 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

NorthernCounties
6th Apr 2012, 17:46
"You overheard the captain saying 'Mayday, mayday,' and he was saying it rapidly as we were going down. I thought my number was up."

I think this passenger may have been telling tall tales to the beeb. :E

Jack1985
6th Apr 2012, 18:31
I think this passenger may have been telling tall tales to the beeb. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

I don't think so, my friend is an FO with FR at DUB and its FR's procedure to inform cabin crew of an emergency decent via the Public Address system. So its not out of the ordinary for passengers to hear ''Mayday, Mayday - emergency decent'' after all the plane dived from 31,000ft to 9,000ft at 4,200fpm also in one of the busiest sectors of airspace in Europe I don't think it could be more dramatic.

racedo
6th Apr 2012, 18:31
Easyjet load factor is up a whole 1% over the last 6 month at 86.64%. Ryanair load factor is around 78.4% (over same 6 months), that is over 8% lower than Easyjet. It is clear that Ryanair is getting things badly wrong and cutting capacity is not improving load factors.

Think you really need to make up your mind as in the past it was increasing passenger number was bad news.

Now they had a very clearly communicated and identified strategy for winter 2011 of reducing capacity, to increase fare yield and profitability, you are now saying its all bad news because they did what they said they would.

If it was so bad over the last 6 months then Easyjet shares would be outperforming Ryanair on the London Stock Exchange rather than lagging substantially behind.

Funnily enough investors tend to like companies who do as they said they would and deliver rather than fight with their owners.

NorthernCounties
6th Apr 2012, 18:53
after all the plane dived from 31,000ft to 9,000ft at 4,200fpm also in one of the busiest sectors of airspace in Europe I don't think it could be more dramatic.

Fair point, I stand corrected :O

I can be somewhat sceptical of media's coverage on a whole host of things, at times.

Jack1985
6th Apr 2012, 18:56
I can be somewhat sceptical of media's coverage on a whole host of things, at times.

Very true.

PAXboy
6th Apr 2012, 19:37
As a way of communicating to CC and pax that what is happening is doing so under pilot control - it sounds like a very good idea.

j636
6th Apr 2012, 20:44
A passenger who was on the flights said that the cabin crew were excellent in how they handled the emergency.

Just because Ryanair were operating the flight, its getting so much media coverage. Its not as if the people taken to hospital had any major problems. Remenber the captain only did what every other caption would do no matter what airline they were working for.

Ryanair desended 4200ft per minute over 7 mins but an SAS aircraft with same problem desended 4400ft per minute over 5 mins. Why is nobody talking about this.........

racedo
6th Apr 2012, 21:14
Pressurisation issues occur at rate of about 1 a week in 2012 across Airlines and Aircraft................

wowzz
7th Apr 2012, 21:07
But isn't the whole problem here about MOL's quest for publicity and his constant search for sound-bites. It was only last year that he was suggesting that only one pilot was necessary per aircraft - does he feel the same now?
If, heaven forbid, Ryanair suffers a major incident with loss of life, every word that MOL has ever said/written will be minutely scrutinised, to see if any cost-cutting was involved.
Personally I am quite happy to fly Ryanair in the sense that I believe their aircraft are well maintained, but MOL invites future press condemnation with some of his comments should the worst happen.

EI-BUD
8th Apr 2012, 11:14
Easyjet load factor is up a whole 1% over the last 6 month at 86.64%. Ryanair
load factor is around 78.4% (over same 6 months), that is over 8% lower than
Easyjet. It is clear that Ryanair is getting things badly wrong and cutting
capacity is not improving load factors.

Befree, I wouldn't agree that the load factor tells us a tale that Ryanair is getting the thing wrong. A large proportion of Ryanair's markets are leisure orientated, and low frequency and as a result would not do particularly well in the winter.

Easyjet on the other hand are focused on higher frequency on routes that connect convenient airports (primary airports in the main). This is in line with a focus on business travellers. This strategy is in clear contract to Ryanair's, and it is an admission that in terms of cost Easyjet cant compete profitably in many markets. In many markets where Easyjet is well established and well known locally, it can sustain competition against Ryanair e.g. BRS, LPL, STN.

Ryanair's profitability is far superior and I have to agree with another post here, that fact that Ryanair's performance was in line with their strategy and the outcomes were largely as expected.

Going forward, the challenge is a lack of growth and with the absence of a stream of new aircraft summer growth will be challenged over recent years levels. I expect that when the fleet size doesnt grow Ryanair will be focused on where it deploys its resources in a bid to maximuse returns.
That's if it wants to continue to grow profit and shareholder returns, as one would expect.

EI-BUD

EI-BUD
8th Apr 2012, 11:15
Easyjet load factor is up a whole 1% over the last 6 month at 86.64%. Ryanair
load factor is around 78.4% (over same 6 months), that is over 8% lower than
Easyjet. It is clear that Ryanair is getting things badly wrong and cutting
capacity is not improving load factors.

Befree, I wouldn't agree that the load factor tells us a tale that Ryanair is getting the thing wrong. A large proportion of Ryanair's markets are leisure orientated, and low frequency and as a result would not do particularly well in the winter. Hence these routes are seasonal.

Easyjet on the other hand are focused on higher frequency on routes that connect convenient airports (primary airports in the main). This is in line with a focus on business travellers. This strategy is in clear contract to Ryanair's, and it is an admission that in terms of cost Easyjet cant compete profitably in many markets against Ryanair. In many markets where Easyjet is well established and well known locally, it can sustain competition against Ryanair e.g. BRS, LPL, STN.

Ryanair's profitability is far superior and I have to agree with another post here, that fact that Ryanair's performance was in line with their strategy and the outcomes were largely as expected.

Going forward, the challenge is a lack of growth and with the absence of a stream of new aircraft summer growth will be challenged over recent years levels. I expect that when the fleet size doesnt grow Ryanair will be focused on where it deploys its resources in a bid to maximuse returns.
That's if it wants to continue to grow profit and shareholder returns, as one would expect.

EI-BUD

Drive4it
8th Apr 2012, 17:44
Totally off subject, and possibly been posted before as the song has had over 9 million hits on You Tube. Hilarious!

Cheap Flights with subtitles - YouTube

Ramper1
8th Apr 2012, 23:08
[B]Racedo

Easy jet shares have outperformed ryanairs for the last 8 years without fail! Ryanairs are in euros not sterling!!!! So I don't know where u get your information from

BALLSOUT
9th Apr 2012, 16:29
I don't think load factor has a lot to do with things. All Ryanair aircraft have 189 passenger seats as opposed to most of easyjet's having only 149.

FR-
9th Apr 2012, 17:18
First of all, Ryanair as a rule has not given share holders much of a return, just saving the money in the bank (for the next big aircraft order :rolleyes:), where as easyJet has given regular dividends. Hence why the share price hasn't grown at the same right. But im glad to of jump ship, the grass is much greener.

easyJets A319 - 156 seats, A320 - 180 seats.

On a final note, I'd like to say well done to all the crew on the BGY-EMA, a job well done. The decompression trainning in CRMS is excellent, the new video for crew about a decompression has been proven a great trainning tool. Really helps show both flight deck and cabin crew just what each other are doing durrin the 15 minutes post decompression.

fr-

racedo
9th Apr 2012, 20:03
Easy jet shares have outperformed ryanairs for the last 8 years without fail! Ryanairs are in euros not sterling!!!! So I don't know where u get your information from

London Stock Exchange using their 5 year data track where both companies are quoted.

http://graphs.lse.co.uk/GetGraph.asp?gcode=RYA&mode=ShareCharts&r=0.7525099017271982&p=11&ma=9&t=7&comp=Ezj

I presume you will of course provide your comparable data.

LGS6753
9th Apr 2012, 20:07
FR-

I'm not sure that EZY has paid dividends regularly....

Prepared to be corrected.

racedo
9th Apr 2012, 20:10
First of all, Ryanair as a rule has not given share holders much of a return, just saving the money in the bank (for the next big aircraft order :rolleyes:), where as easyJet has given regular dividends. Hence why the share price hasn't grown at the same right. But im glad to of jump ship, the grass is much greener.

Hmmmm Nope

Ryanair to pay first dividend since flotation - FT.com (http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aa79c924-6d4f-11df-bde2-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1rZkHLWim)

Ryanair announced 1st dividends of €500 million in June 2010

BBC News - Today - EasyJet pay out first dividend as profits soar (http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9640000/9640105.stm)

Easyjet announced 1st dividends of £150 million in November 2011

Shareprice has little to do with dividends as if that were the case then Face-book, Microsoft, Apple, Google would not be worth more than the companies than pay dividends.

FR-
10th Apr 2012, 06:20
I stand corrected, but dividends do effect the share price. I dont think this is reallt the place to be talking about share prices. I wouldnt inviest in either of them, just the free shares from easyJet for me. No much of a return from either.

Any new bases? How many aircraft will be grounded next winter, memos are already out asking crew to talk unpaid leave. Are we to expect major cuts again?

fr-

pee
10th Apr 2012, 07:41
No matter what they write, every publicity is good for us, it seems to be Ryanair's attitude. Well, yes, maybe. Anyway, let's mention just an other press article, this time from Malta: Angry travellers demand action on Ryanair official - timesofmalta.com (http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20120410/local/Angry-travellers-demand-action-on-Ryanair-official.414821)

Tillingdale
10th Apr 2012, 17:08
I did not hit her. All I did was throw my passport at her

Why should anyone have to put up with that? Who the hell is this woman to go around throwing things at people?

Let me translate and shorten the above article:

"I didn't read the terms and conditions of my ticket. I then threw a hissy fit stroke temper tantrum at someone who was merely carrying out the instructions of their employer and doing their job. What I didn't count on was that my childish, petulant behaviour was no match for the Italian senorina in question who wasn't a meek British lamb but a hot blooded, fire breathing latin lady who had seen it all before and worse and I came out of the whole episode on the back foot instead of shooting the messenger. Other passengers have tried and have come off just as bad."

I've seen some of the verbal and physical abuse meted out by angry passengers and I've seen their statements after the event and they usually fall into the above category. It's totally unacceptable and it looks like the courts have seen right through it.

racedo
10th Apr 2012, 18:03
No matter what they write, every publicity is good for us, it seems to be Ryanair's attitude. Well, yes, maybe. Anyway, let's mention just an other press article, this time from Malta: Angry travellers demand action on Ryanair official - timesofmalta.com (http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20120410/local/Angry-travellers-demand-action-on-Ryanair-official.414821)

Aside from person works for ground handling agent and not Ryanair.

Pee you seem to suggest that its ok for someone to abuse someone because they don't get their way.

Interesting that the passenger in the queue pretty much demolished Ms Edwards version of events and highlighted her agressiveness early on.

Next time the passenger has a choice and can go elsewhere.

Ramper1
10th Apr 2012, 19:32
Like I said before Racedo, ryanairs shares trade in euro and easy jet trade in sterling. So that chart you have provided is wrong!

racedo
10th Apr 2012, 19:56
Like I said before Racedo, ryanairs shares trade in euro and easy jet trade in sterling. So that chart you have provided is wrong!

Er No

Ryanair is traded on London Stock Exchange as well as on Dublin and New York exchanges and for shares bought in UK you pay for the shares in Sterling, the shares are compared over the last 5 years on the sterling values so you can compare like with like.

Data is from LSE so if you disagree in their methods please feel free to take it up with them.

So can you please provide the details to back up your claim or were you just blowing smoke ?

blueplatinum
10th Apr 2012, 22:41
See Log In | Facebook (http://goo.gl/NJBAm)

j636
11th Apr 2012, 16:34
FR to make more cuts to EDI on Thursday most lightly winter cuts.

pwalhx
11th Apr 2012, 17:27
Blueplatinum would you be the vociferous supporter of FR on that page?

racedo
11th Apr 2012, 22:17
Befree, I wouldn't agree that the load factor tells us a tale that Ryanair is getting the thing wrong. A large proportion of Ryanair's markets are leisure orientated, and low frequency and as a result would not do particularly well in the winter. Hence these routes are seasonal.

Must admit not thought of this before but based on 12 month rolling (and mix of Airframes in U2's case), FR carry 155 people on average per flight while U2 carry on average 138 per flight...........kinda gives a different perspective on load factors.

Even using March stats the numbers are still 9-10 passengers per plane in FR's favour which with ancillary income makes a difference.

Question is that will U2 be able to get 88% if they transitioned to an all A320 fleet.

derelicte
11th Apr 2012, 22:58
Oh dear. Ryanair endearing themselves to the paying public again.

I used to wonder what had happened to all the traffic wardens until the recent boom in aviation showed me.

The ryanair attitude is all very well but once you upset customers you won't see them again.

I have used ryanair with no problems and will again but I would travel 100 miles further and pay more to avoid them.

OliWW
11th Apr 2012, 23:18
Can anyone shed any light on EMA-HHN which I've just been reading about being announced??

davidjohnson6
12th Apr 2012, 00:10
EMA-HHN sounds like a very good example of the oft described nowhere to nowhere route...

(Takes cover to avoid incoming missile from residents of Loughborough)

FR-
12th Apr 2012, 03:47
EMA-HHN I would rather drive an extra 40miles down to BHX and fly direct to FRA.

fr-

NorthernCounties
12th Apr 2012, 07:33
I remember in Feburary cueing at BHX for a flight to LDY, and overhearing people moaning about how the route had moved from EMA originally and how handier that was for them... Some people have no idea about catchment areas. :ugh:

sunday8pm
12th Apr 2012, 08:47
Anything to do with Baby about to end CGN maybe? Bit far away I know.

BMI operate EMA-FRA already.

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Apr 2012, 12:11
Bratislava, Bremen, Frankfurt, Fuerteventura, Gothenburg, Kaunas, Lodz and Poznan to be dropped from October.

10 other routes to be reduced

More cuts if better contract is not offered after October.

Edinburgh winter cuts due to high BAA costs (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/edinburgh-winter-cuts-due-to-high-baa-costs)

j636
12th Apr 2012, 15:11
Looks like flights from Turin are being moved to Cuneo from 7 July. All the same route are bookable from each airport and show the same times.

davidjohnson6
12th Apr 2012, 15:38
j636 - is it anything to do with works on Turin's runway ?

Avionews - Agenzia stampa del settore aeronautico, elicotteristico, aerospaziale e della difesa (http://www.avionews.com/index.php?corpo=see_news_home.php&news_id=1138931&pagina_chiamante=index.php)

Seems that Turin will be pretty much closed from evening of 6 July until 10 July

Jorik
13th Apr 2012, 16:13
So anyone with more info on the negotiations between FR and Montenegro? Is it a definite no go for 2012?

PPRuNeUser0176
13th Apr 2012, 16:13
Ryanair axe flights from John Lennon airport > Business News > Business | Click Liverpool (http://www.clickliverpool.com/business/business-news/1215821-ryanair-axe-flights-from-john-lennon-airport.html)

I think more to do with MAN and nothing to do with APD.

Bengt
14th Apr 2012, 08:38
This is new to me at least. When I got home from Spain yesterday I had this in my mailbox:

Dear Ryanair Customer

We are committed to Customer Service and value your feedback and would like to hear your views on your recent Ryanair flight. The link below takes you to our short survey which will take only a couple of minutes to complete.

The details of the flight will automatically display, when you click on the link below.

Please click the link below to complete the survey.

http://www.frsurvey.com/rest_deleted

Thank you for participating in our Customer Service survey.

Ryanair Customer Service

The survey included rating of staff friendlyness, flight experience, reasons for choosing Ryanair etc...

Jack1985
14th Apr 2012, 15:01
Where did you get that email from? I'm pretty sure Ryanair dont even use email with respect to customer service.

Bengt
14th Apr 2012, 19:13
Where did you get that email from? I'm pretty sure Ryanair dont even use email with respect to customer service.
[email protected]
I was surprised too, but they did have my booking correct, so if someone has hacked Ryanair they have done it well....

racedo
14th Apr 2012, 20:04

Just because they haven't done it why does everybody assume they will never do it :hmm:

No cases of brand new ships full of passengers sinking on maiden vovage everybody would tell you 100 years ago...............then there was the Titanic.

Anansis
14th Apr 2012, 20:26

They do but it's pretty rare. I received a questionnaire from them back in 2005 but haven't had one since (despite having booked maybe 80 to 90 flights in the meantime).

It's the cheapest form of market research. All done in-house as far as I can tell to do away with the need to contract expensive external consultants. Classic Ryanair!

smith
15th Apr 2012, 14:16
Dear Customer

In relation to your flight reference

Ryanair has been advised by the Spanish Government of a budgetary proposal to increase airport charges later this month.

In accordance with our General Terms and Conditions of Travel* we are advising customers with a reservation that includes a flight departing from a Spanish airport that we may be forced to debit passengers for any government imposed increases in airport charges prior to your travel date.

Once the Spanish government budget is published Ryanair will advise affected passengers by email of any additional airport charges that may apply to your reservation before any charges are made.

Please see our website for updates regarding increases in Spanish airport charges.

Yours sincerely

Ryanair Customer Service

• 4.2.2 Taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date that your reservation has been made. If any such tax, fee or charge is introduced or increased after your reservation has been made you will be obliged to pay it (or any increase) prior to departure. Similarly, if any such tax, fee or charge is abolished or reduced such that it no longer applies to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund of the difference from us.

YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER IS:
ITINERARY/RECEIPT - All times

************************************************************ **************************
Ryanair Holdings plc (Company No. 249885) / Ryanair Ltd. (Company No. 104547).
Registered in the Republic of Ireland. With registered address Corporate Head Office, Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin, Ireland.

Just had this email from fr regarding flights I have to Ibiza next week, not been charged anything yet but fully expect to. Anyone else seen it?

ericlday
15th Apr 2012, 14:53
smith...yes, I have just received a similar email regarding my flight from TFS.

Jack1985
15th Apr 2012, 15:18
No cases of brand new ships full of passengers sinking on maiden vovage everybody would tell you 100 years ago...............then there was the Titanic.

Great example to use. :rolleyes:

Bengt
15th Apr 2012, 16:45
smith, yes me too, for a booking to BCN in May...

racedo
15th Apr 2012, 18:26
Great example to use.

Personally blame the Cork people as Titanic didn't sink before it arrived and sunk after it left so reckon Cork people had something to do with it :E

If Cork people had done it right we would have been spared a crap movie and Celine singing.

Jack1985
15th Apr 2012, 19:44
Personally blame the Cork people as Titanic didn't sink before it arrived and sunk after it left so reckon Cork people had something to do with it http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

If Cork people had done it right we would have been spared a crap movie and Celine singing.

God you really are an idiot!

davidjohnson6
15th Apr 2012, 20:07
racedo - I think it was the people of Cobh (formerly Queenstown) rather than Cork who are to blame :E

francis omahony
15th Apr 2012, 20:11
what has the titanic got to do with ryanair?

eu01
15th Apr 2012, 20:15
They thought Titanic was unsinkable. They think Ryanair is invincible. ;)

Jack1985
15th Apr 2012, 20:19

Nothing. Thanks for mentioning Cobh I invite both of you to visit the wonderful town in which I live, be sure to express your views! I'd recommend life vests :hmm:

They thought Titanic was unsinkable. They think Ryanair is invincible. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

Very True :p

racedo
15th Apr 2012, 21:56
I think it was the people of Cobh (formerly Queenstown) rather than Cork who are to blame

Probably lots of Soupers.....

Jack1985
16th Apr 2012, 08:58
Probably lots of Soupers.....

Racedo you might think your the smart man with crappy and childish comments just remember 1,514 people pereshed in the Atlantic that night and its no joking matter what so ever.

Anyway back to Ryanair, just wondering if anybody knows the current Cost Index they're using I think it was 30 not to sure now though.

PPRuNeUser0176
16th Apr 2012, 11:43
Airport charges at Barcelona to be increased by 53.49% and increased at Madrid by 50.27% and the national average for other airports is 18.1%.

How will FR react, will they take a second look at Girona and Reus?

Facelookbovvered
16th Apr 2012, 12:29
Not withstanding 4.2.2 re taxes and charges I would be very surprised if FR went ahead and charged additional amounts to a CC or DC even a very large increases in landing fee's would be a very small amount of the total for tax and charges, can't see it being more than a couple of Euro per passenger ? I would like to think that they wouldn't be daft enough to charge it or add a booking fee to it. Whilst no doubt the usual suspects will point to the clause re charges and why should FR shareholders foot the bill, the fact remains that if FR don't or haven't got firm contract in place for a product that the are selling, then tough, it's a fuel surcharge by any other name otherwise!

The Hypnoboon
16th Apr 2012, 13:13
What about people who booked flights with "no taxes"?
Will they be forced to stump up the increase in charges, or even the whole charge?

pee
16th Apr 2012, 13:18
Airport charges at Barcelona to be increased by 53.49% and increased at Madrid by 50.27%I think it's even more (http://estaticos.elperiodico.com/resources/pdf/7/0/1334266672607.pdf).

LGS6753
16th Apr 2012, 13:41
I make that increases of 13 cents at GRO/RUS, 10 Euros at Madrid and 7.26 at Barcelona (international flights).

racedo
16th Apr 2012, 18:08
Not withstanding 4.2.2 re taxes and charges I would be very surprised if FR went ahead and charged additional amounts to a CC or DC even a very large increases in landing fee's would be a very small amount of the total for tax and charges, can't see it being more than a couple of Euro per passenger ?

Think you will find that when UK introduced APD most if not all airlines charged passengers with the option that if they didn't wish to pay they could have a full refund.

racedo
16th Apr 2012, 18:09
Racedo you might think your the smart man with crappy and childish comments just remember 1,514 people pereshed in the Atlantic that night and its no joking matter what so ever.

Be very careful in case the soap box collapses.

Anansis
16th Apr 2012, 21:50
• 4.2.2 Taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date that your reservation has been made. If any such tax, fee or charge is introduced or increased after your reservation has been made you will be obliged to pay it (or any increase) prior to departure. Similarly, if any such tax, fee or charge is abolished or reduced such that it no longer applies to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund of the difference from us.

What about people who booked flights with "no taxes"?

The Hypnoboon raises a very interesting point here. Personally I don't think 4.2.2. is enforcable under English law* where passengers have booked flights with "no taxes". I can't see how Ryanair could force passengers to pay an increase on something which has been excluded by the contract. They could ask, but if anyone had the patience/bravery to refuse to pay or to challenge them in the courts then I'm confident they would be successful. Curiously, 4.2.2. probably would be enforcable where passengers have booked ultra cheap "free online check-in" fares.

Ryanair like to huff and puff but in this case it's probably nothing but hot air. Interesting scenario to ponder though... :8

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why Ryanair offer flights with "no taxes" etc? I assume it might have something to do with limiting the compensation or refunds which customers can claim if they choose not to fly but I suspect that there's more to it than that...

*i.e. any flight booked in England and Wales. Other flights are governed by Irish law (2.4 Ryanairs General Terms and Conditions) which I am not familiar with (although I suspect similar rules will apply).

racedo
16th Apr 2012, 22:26
BBC NEWS | UK | Q&A: Air passenger tax rise (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6258327.stm)

For anybody in doubt about what airlines will do then please read the article from 2007 where Airlines very clear about what they were doing and it is legal.

EI-A330-300
16th Apr 2012, 22:30
Ryanair didn't pass on the increase in charges at Dublin. They had increased the taxes for the current summer season but didn't have the correct amount on there website for a while. However its somwhat less than the €7 at BCN and €10 at MAD.

Anansis
16th Apr 2012, 23:09
For anybody in doubt about what airlines will do then please read the article from 2007 where Airlines very clear about what they were doing and it is legal.

Not necessarily in my opinion (as I outlined above). The legal authority to pass on tax increases stems from Clause 4.2.2. of Ryanairs General Terms and Conditions of Carriage (which we all agree to when we book a flight). Without going into too much technical detail, if the contract between the airline and the passenger excuses the passenger from paying tax (i.e. it is a "no taxes" flight - a legal fiction created by Ryanair presumably for their own benefit) then I believe that this could render 4.2.2. unenforcable before a court.

Unenforcable is not the same as invalid. Ryanair could ask for extra payment but if a passenger refused to pay them then the courts would not compel them to. If Ryanair were to then refuse to carry passengers who hadn't paid then they would not be able to cite breach of 4.2.2. as a reason, leaving them open to a claim for breach of contract from the passenger(s) concerned in addition to any relief due at European level (e.g. compensation under Reg 261).

This is all of course hypothetical. Given the time and money contesting this would take it would probably be better for a passenger to just pay the charge if requested (unless they were particularly stubbourn or brave!). :ok:

racedo
17th Apr 2012, 19:36
Not necessarily in my opinion (as I outlined above).

Unfortunately its the legal opinion and interpretation that will win the day and airlines tend to pay quite a bit for it.

Given you won't get legal aid going to court then unlikely to see a test case.

INKJET
17th Apr 2012, 20:04
I agree with Racedo, few if any will challenge it and if they haven't paid by departure time they will unceremoniously be denied boarding and the ensuing embarrassment and stress makes it unlikely that people will not pay, they will probably give the cabin crew hell, pinch the seat belts and piss on the toilet floor, because there is no other way to express to FR your displeasure, of course apart from not flying with them again!

Welcome to air travel in Europe in the 21st century!

How can it be that a part of the world that is over flowing with legal protection for the public and employees just lets this slide by?

racedo
17th Apr 2012, 21:24
How can it be that a part of the world that is over flowing with legal protection for the public and employees just lets this slide by?

A business includes within its T&Cs that in the event that Govts decide to increase the tax they impose on said business that business will seek to recover that additional tax.

Not sure what legal protection is required if a business is being clear in its Terms and Conditions.

PhilW1981
17th Apr 2012, 22:09
A business includes within its T&Cs that in the event that Govts decide to increase the tax they impose on said business that business will seek to recover that additional tax.

Not sure what legal protection is required if a business is being clear in its Terms and Conditions

It's called goodwill to your customers, something which you and your employer are not prone to and long term will harm your business as people go elsewhere where they can. Customers do not like small print.

racedo
17th Apr 2012, 22:17
It's called goodwill to your customers, something which you and your employer are not prone to and long term will harm your business as people go elsewhere where they can. Customers do not like small print.

First and foremost I'm not an employee of Ryanair so get down off that horse.

Secondly whether customers LIKE T&C's are not is irrelevant. Airlines are required to have them and state exactly what is included as consumer advocates are very quick in highlighting that something is not included.

The idea that its goodwill not to charge customers additional when Govts change taxation is laughable as proven by the events in 2006/7 when UK Govt added in an APD and Airlines collected it later.

Not aware of many people not choosing to fly since.

davidjohnson6
17th Apr 2012, 22:26
From memory, when APD was raised around 2006/7 Ryanair chose to insist passengers pay the extra while BA just swallowed the loss on the behalf of customers. I think one of the reasons is that BA gets a lot of corporate traffic and invoicing and collection would be deemed problematic - especially requiring travel management companies to invoice their clients who would then charge corporatd cost codes requiring companies to chanfe annual budgets and causing huge amounts of trouble in company finance and accounts departments. Because Ryanair tends to sell predominantly direct and had minimal involvement with corporate purchasing in companies they didn't need to care.

Jamie2k9
17th Apr 2012, 22:43
Bilbao to Gran Canaria and Seville from 22 June

Asturias to Gran Canaria 26 June and Tenerife from 27 June

Mahon to Valencia and Seville from 22 June

Rome Ciampino to Marrakesh from 20 June

pee
18th Apr 2012, 05:07
From memory, when APD was raised around 2006/7 Ryanair chose to insist passengers pay the extra
If I remember well, FR just charged customers' cards again, having their CC data on file. I could be wrong, though.

peppo_8787
18th Apr 2012, 14:50
This afternoon at 15:00 held a press conference in Warsaw, which were announced 11 new routes from Warsaw-Modlin .. The route will start from October 26, then will be introduced in the winter time .. The 11 routes are:
Barcelona
Bologna
Bristol
Dusseldorf-Weeze
East Midlands
Eindhoven
Frankfurt-Hahn
Glasgow-Prestwick
Liverpool
Manchester
Paris-Beauvais

Noxegon
18th Apr 2012, 15:02
Secondly whether customers LIKE T&C's are not is irrelevant. Airlines are required to have them and state exactly what is included as consumer advocates are very quick in highlighting that something is not included.

Do you read the small print with every purchase you make?

I'm sure you're going to come back here and say that it's the passenger's problem if they don't read the terms and conditions, and arguably it is. Equally, however, a clause that allows the airline to apply an additional charge (of unspecified amount) is sneaky, and I'd say that large numbers of passengers would take their business elsewhere if this was made more obvious.

I've already done that; I used to fly FR all the time, but stopped after they added the Captcha to their web booking.

eu01
18th Apr 2012, 15:47
I used to fly FR all the time, but stopped after they added the Captcha to their web booking.
I can't say "all the time", but sometimes, where convenient, I did fly with them. After they added Captcha, I didn't make a single booking.
Moreover, in many cases I used to recommend to some young people, less wealthy than myself, flying with them. They did save money and were grateful indeed. Well, to be able to give the expertise, you have to make some investigation (schedules, prices). With Captcha? No way.

j636
18th Apr 2012, 18:09
This afternoon at 15:00 held a press conference in Warsaw, which were announced 11 new routes from Warsaw-Modlin .. The route will start from October 26, then will be introduced in the winter time .. The 11 routes are:
Barcelona
Bologna
Bristol
Dusseldorf-Weeze
East Midlands
Eindhoven
Frankfurt-Hahn
Glasgow-Prestwick
Liverpool
Manchester
Paris-Beauvais

A number of the flights will start mid september as per FR website

FR8364
18th Apr 2012, 18:20
Mahon to Valencia and Seville from 22 June

How do you know the new route Seville-Mahon? I cannot find it in any website...

racedo
18th Apr 2012, 18:20
Do you read the small print with every purchase you make?

I'm sure you're going to come back here and say that it's the passenger's problem if they don't read the terms and conditions, and arguably it is. Equally, however, a clause that allows the airline to apply an additional charge (of unspecified amount) is sneaky, and I'd say that large numbers of passengers would take their business elsewhere if this was made more obvious.

4b3) Taxes, fees and charges change constantly and can be imposed or altered after the date we have issued your ticket. If they change or if a new tax, fee or charge is imposed after we have issued your ticket, you will have to pay us any increase. Similarly, if any taxes, fees or charges you pay to us when we issue the ticket are then abolished or reduced, you will be entitled to claim a refund from us.

BA's term and conditions are exactly the same strangely enough....

4.2 TAXES, FEES AND CHARGES

Applicable taxes, fees and charges imposed by government or other authority, or by the operator of an airport, shall be payable by you. At the time you purchase your Ticket, you will be advised of taxes, fees and charges not included in the fare, most of which will normally be shown separately on the Ticket. The taxes, fees and charges imposed on air travel are constantly changing and can be imposed after the date of Ticket issuance. If there is an increase in a tax, fee or charge shown on the Ticket you will be obliged to pay it. Likewise, if a new tax, fee or charge is imposed even after Ticket issuance, you will be obliged to pay it. Similarly, in the event of any taxes, fees or charges which you have paid to us at the time of Ticket issuance are abolished or reduced such that they no longer apply to you, or a lesser amount is due, you will be entitled to claim a refund.

Amazingly so are Aer Lingus T&Cs.

As for reading T&C's nope but thats the risk you take but on airline websites I along with everybody else click that I have.

As for having a big impact on passenger travel I suggest it has little.

racedo
18th Apr 2012, 18:30
From memory, when APD was raised around 2006/7 Ryanair chose to insist passengers pay the extra while BA just swallowed the loss on the behalf of customers. I think one of the reasons is that BA gets a lot of corporate traffic and invoicing and collection would be deemed problematic - especially requiring travel management companies to invoice their clients who would then charge corporatd cost codes requiring companies to chanfe annual budgets and causing huge amounts of trouble in company finance and accounts departments. Because Ryanair tends to sell predominantly direct and had minimal involvement with corporate purchasing in companies they didn't need to care.

So what was Virgin / Easyjet / Flybe and every other airlines excuse then as they imposed the APD?

Reality is invoicing and collection is easy as just rebill.

It was reckoned that it cost BA £11 Million and the idea that customers are grateful afraid doesn't stand up to research.

Majority of actual passengers flying on corporate business would have no idea of the fare paid as its booked for them and given the add on that the agencies have it makes little difference. Next time rebooking they wouldn't think I saved £100 with BA last time..

There was research done in 90's about beer price increases that when someone read beer going up by 5p a pint they pissed off (pardon the pun) and claimed would go to a pub that didn't put prices up or would reduce consumption.

Reality was study showed that within 2 weeks the customer was back and drinking same amount and within 4 weeks didn't remember price had been increased.

Jorik
18th Apr 2012, 19:49
The website where the route Sevilla-Mahon (Menorca) is confirmed is.... Ryanair.com :) just check the route map and select Sevilla, it's on there!

JohnnyPharm
19th Apr 2012, 12:44
Maybe the government should collect the taxes at the gate or at the check in like in other countries. In Japan you have to buy an apd "ticket" from a machine which you then put into a turnstyle just like at a train station to allow you to pass into departures. After the initial outlay for infrastructure the system pretty much runs itself, consumables, like tickets and ink has to be replaced.

The benefit of this is that the airlines can display what looks like a far cheaper price and a lot of extra impulse bookings may be made. You think you are getting a bargain until you get to the airport, then it looks like the airport is the baddy and not the airline. Airlines would have to employ less accountancy staff to deal with all the paperwork in transferring the millions to the exchequer. ?

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Apr 2012, 12:46
Ryanair sees next big plane order after 2014 - RT News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0419/ryanair-sees-next-big-plane-order-after-2014.html)

JSCL
19th Apr 2012, 13:08
Maybe the government should collect the taxes at the gate or at the check in like in other countries. In Japan you have to buy an apd "ticket" from a machine which you then put into a turnstyle just like at a train station to allow you to pass into departures. After the initial outlay for infrastructure the system pretty much runs itself, consumables, like tickets and ink has to be replaced.

The benefit of this is that the airlines can display what looks like a far cheaper price and a lot of extra impulse bookings may be made. You think you are getting a bargain until you get to the airport, then it looks like the airport is the baddy and not the airline. Airlines would have to employ less accountancy staff to deal with all the paperwork in transferring the millions to the exchequer. ?

Bad idea. I used to avoid Ryanair like the plague, but I actually found them more comfortable than expensive flights with TOM or TCX. Their existence of '£5.99' flights which round up to a total of £23 with added fees would just be made more expensive. That's because the airport subsidies cover the cost of some of the APD for some of FR's destinations, if it's paid direct by the customer then it remains a lose/lose for FR and their customers.

FR8364
19th Apr 2012, 16:15
The website where the route Sevilla-Mahon (Menorca) is confirmed is.... Ryanair.com just check the route map and select Sevilla, it's on there!

Yes, but you cannot book any flight or see the timetable. Ryanair confirmed the route VLC-MAH here, but not to SVQ. Even, in the new-routes page on ryanair.com, these are only the new routes from Mahon available:

''From Mahon Menorca to
Barcelona El Prat 01 May 12
Düsseldorf Weeze 16 May 12
Madrid 01 May 12
Valencia 22 Jun 12''

Jamie2k9
19th Apr 2012, 17:57
Barcelona - 3 weekly (Mon,Wed,Fri)
Bologna - 3 weekly (Tue,Thu,Sat)
Bristol - 3 weekly (Tue,Thu,Sat)
Dusseldorf-Weeze - 4 weekly (Su,Mon,Wed,Fri)
East Midlands - 3 weekly (Tue,Thu,Sat)
Eindhoven - 3 weekly (Mon,Wed,Fri)
Frankfurt-Hahn - 4 weekly (Mon,Wed,Fri,Sun)
Glasgow-Prestwick - 3 weekly (Tue,Thu,Sat)
Liverpool - 3 weekly - (Tue,Thu,Sun)
Manchester - 3 weekly - (Tue,Thu,Sat)
Paris-Beauvais - 3 weekly - (Mon,Wed,Fri)

Brussels - daily (From July 5pw)
Dublin - daily (From July 3pw)
Oslo-Rygge - 5 weekly (Mon,Tue,Wed,Fri,Sat) - (From July 3pw)
Rome - daily - (From July 3pw)
London Stansted - 3 daily from September - (From July-Sep daily)

Other routes not here have no change.

Justin Cyder-Belvoir
19th Apr 2012, 19:04
Just booked return flights for 2 to Venice: £102. I cant get to London on the train for that price! Paid £240 for Midlands to St Pancras for the wife last week, booked in advance.

rowly6339
20th Apr 2012, 20:41
A man who took Ryanair to court after losing his luggage has lost his case.

Telstar
21st Apr 2012, 08:40
I cant get to London on the train for that price

That's more a commentary on the appallingly high prices of using trains in England. You couldn't say the same for other, normal, EU countries.

pug
21st Apr 2012, 09:37
I cant get to London on the train for that price! Paid £240 for Midlands to St Pancras for the wife last week, booked in advance

Try megatrain next time :ok:

Skipness One Echo
22nd Apr 2012, 23:38
Hi guys,

Anyone add to the list below?

Closed Bases : Belfast City, Kerry, Marseille, Reus, Valencia (since re-opened)

Seasonal Bases : Bourenmouth

Currently Active Bases : 50

Is that on the money?

mikkie4
22nd Apr 2012, 23:40
when does the winter timetable start for gran canaria,casn only book untill 22/10/12?

Jamie2k9
22nd Apr 2012, 23:48
Hi guys,

Anyone add to the list below?

Closed Bases : Belfast City, Kerry, Marseille, Reus, Valencia (since re-opened)

Seasonal Bases : Bourenmouth

Currently Active Bases : 50

Is that on the money?

Yes as far as I know.

when does the winter timetable start for gran canaria,casn only book untill 22/10/12?

Over the next few weeks. Winter schedule starts 28 October.

pee
23rd Apr 2012, 07:53
Anyone add to the list
LBC (Lübeck Blankensee). Base announced and revoked before the start-up.

Charlie Roy
23rd Apr 2012, 08:31
Athens to Rhodes has appeared in the Ryanair booking engine, but no flights are bookable...

WallyWumpus
25th Apr 2012, 16:14
The IAA have, today, spoken.

Overwing exits must be manned from this moment on. In practice this means there must be at least one able bodied pax in EACH of 16abc 16def 17abc 17def.

It is good to see the IAA stand up to the questionable practices of RYR departing with these exits unoccupied as people had refused to pay to sit there.

Wally.

BigFrank
25th Apr 2012, 16:47
Splendid.

So who exactly will enforce(*) this rule ?

* compel/ adminster/ execute/ implement/ insist/ inflict upon/ prosecute [nb]/ put into effect/ require

fireflybob
25th Apr 2012, 17:04

The cabin crew will be tasked to ensure this rule is complied with on a daily basis - sometimes Flight Ops Inspectors and/or Company representatives travel "in cognito" to see whether various rules are being complied with and are tasked to report accordingly to their superiors for action.

PPRuNeUser0176
26th Apr 2012, 08:57
The IAA have said Ryanair must change there reserved seating policy as exit rows have to be occupied.

alm1
26th Apr 2012, 09:44
Wizz Air crew simply asks nearby passengers to relocate to exit seats if any exit doors are left unsupervised.

Sal73x
26th Apr 2012, 10:48
Hi, not so long ago if read on a different forum about a tool on a website (I think Ryanair's) to have listed all the flights that you have flown with Ryanair in the past.

Can anyone suggest where I could find anything that fits the above description?
Thanks!

MichaelOLearyGenius
26th Apr 2012, 10:56

The same people who enforce passenger safety announcements are made, life jackets are installed etc etc, if they get caught not doing it they will be fined.

Schorschi
28th Apr 2012, 21:28
Can anyone suggest where I could find anything that fits the above description?

https://www.bookryanair.com/SkySales/RelatedBookings.aspx

Sal73x
29th Apr 2012, 09:13
Thank you very much Schorschi!

That's exactly what I was looking for.
Just tried it and unfortunately it only gives me my flights up to June 2010.

Thanks anyway!

avlerx
29th Apr 2012, 20:09
Got mine - 136 since 2007. Click at the bottom of the page to download more.

Transportraition
30th Apr 2012, 08:06
The listing of previous flights shown on the FR website is (for me) far from complete.

barrymah
30th Apr 2012, 08:29
Give us a break, can you imagine an RyR employee reporting someone else for not collecting money??

BTW, who pays when a flight-ops inspector does a recce?? :eek: the taxpayer??

FR-
30th Apr 2012, 15:25
Yes I can to be honest, the company is full of cabin crew reporting each other trying to gain brownie points

fr-

Sal73x
1st May 2012, 11:06
Thanks avlerx!

irish lad
1st May 2012, 19:56
Any idea when Ryanair's xmas/ new year flights will be bookable?

Fanatic
1st May 2012, 20:46
Completely off topic and perhaps a bit random, does any one reading this know if RYR still use AirData for their flight planning PLOGs etc, if not who have they moved to?

Thanks

WallyWumpus
2nd May 2012, 14:33
Fanatic,

Pilotbrief. Have used them for several years.

About to change, apparently.

j636
3rd May 2012, 13:18
Ryanair traffic up 6% | 3 May 2012 | Stock Market Wire (http://www.stockmarketwire.com/article/4362519/Ryanair-traffic-up-6pct.html)

April traffic up 6% to 7.2 million but LF down 1 to 81%

Charlie Roy
4th May 2012, 21:14
Old news, but a nice route map illustration.
If (BIG IF) Ryanair can strike a deal with Lisbon, these are the routes they have in mind:

A proposta Ryanair para base de Lisboa. 4 milhões de passageiros, 8 aviões, 40 rotas, 4 mil empregos. | Low Cost Portugal (http://www.lowcostportugal.net/viajar/aeroportos/a-proposta-ryanair-para-base-de-lisboa-4-milhoes-de-passageiros-8-avioes-40-rotas-4-mil-empregos/#axzz1twC4iMGE)
http://www.lowcostportugal.net/wp-content/uploads/Ryanair-proposta-base-Lisboa.jpg

CCFAIRPORT
5th May 2012, 09:13
NEW ROUTE

Alghero to Pescara

From August 3rd 2012

fireflybob
5th May 2012, 13:01
April traffic up 6% to 7.2 million but LF down 1 to 81%

But what really matters is the yield - ie are the making money? (Yes I know the answer)

EI-A330-300
5th May 2012, 19:58
Reported on a Cabin Crew website that FR to retrun to BHO with a base. Anyone any info?

FA10
6th May 2012, 09:00
Reported on a Cabin Crew website that FR to retrun to BHO with a base. Anyone any info?

Bhopal, India? No, rather not... However, maybe India is going to be the next expansion market for FR?

FR8364
6th May 2012, 14:14
I think he reffers to BOH, Bournemouth Airport. But it is already a base for FR, isn't it?

Charlie Roy
6th May 2012, 14:37
I think he's referring to BHD Belfast City following BMI baby's cessation of services.

WJ888
7th May 2012, 15:01
According to nrn:forum • Thema anzeigen - Airport Weeze: Press conference? (http://nrn-forum.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8901) MOL himself will hold a press conference at Airport Weeze:

Rumour: Michael O`Leary to hold a press conference this week in Weeze

Carnethy
7th May 2012, 21:49
Paphos base (2 a/c) now been operating for over a month. Anyone know how this is going? Are there good load factors on the routes? Any routes under-performing?
I have heard that hoteliers are reporting increased bookings this year in Paphos.

eu01
8th May 2012, 16:29
Happened today in GSE

The Ryanair aircraft was waiting to take off to London and was running late. The flight was supposed to have left at 10.15am but when passengers were finally allowed to start boarding the plane around 11am, the atmosphere was one of stress and staff was rushing around, according to passengers.
(...)
What caused the hostess to fall out is still unknown. The vehicle which carried the stairs by which the passengers access the plane backed away and the hostess tumbled out of the back exit of the plane, a fall of some three metres. More in The Local (http://www.thelocal.se/40712/20120508/) (Sweden).

j636
8th May 2012, 22:36
Accident: Ryanair B738 at Gothenburg on May 8th 2012, flight attendant fell from aircraft (http://avherald.com/h?article=44f3b193&opt=4097)

Jack1985
9th May 2012, 13:20
Hopes to launch base in Summer 2013;
Base 8 aircraft ''or more'';
40 plus new routes (see pic);
4 million passengers pa;
4,000 direct jobs;
12,000 in-direct jobs;
Generate 540m in extra tourism revenue

http://www.lowcostportugal.net/wp-content/uploads/Ryanair-proposta-base-Lisboa.jpg

boyzinblue
9th May 2012, 13:36
MOL was in Hahn today bitching about the EU and their investigations into subsidies FR receive from secondary airports

j636
10th May 2012, 16:31
2 aircraft, 10 routes proposed base in Santiago de Compostela. They would use the old terminal.

Ryanair faz proposta para criação de base para Santiago de Compostela, Galiza | Low Cost Portugal (http://www.lowcostportugal.net/viajar/aeroportos/ryanair-faz-proposta-para-criacao-de-base-para-santiago-de-compostela-galiza/2012/05/#.T6vqxvyX2Ks.twitter)

lfc84
10th May 2012, 19:48
18/19 May - Ryanair.com 24 Hour Closure

The Cheap Flights - Book cheap flights to Europe with Ryanair (http://www.ryanair.com) website will be closed for upgrade maintenance at the below times between Fri. 18 May and Sun. 20 May. Passengers must ensure that they have booked tickets, checked in online and printed their boarding passes etc. prior to the below times.

1. Online Check-in - Not available from 16:00 hrs on Fri. 18 May until 12:00 hrs. Sun. 20 May

2. Bookings cannot be made on Ryanair.com from 22:00 hrs on Fri. 18 May until 22:00hrs Sat. 19 May

3. Flight Changes cannot be made from 22:00 hrs on Fri. 18 May until 22:00hrs Sat. 19 May

Ryanair wishes to apologise to all passengers who may be affected by our website closure which is unavoidable in order to upgrade the Cheap Flights - Book cheap flights to Europe with Ryanair (http://www.ryanair.com) website.

davidjohnson6
10th May 2012, 19:58
For a large company to close its website which acts as (almost) sole channel for 24 hours is pretty extraordinary. Hope this means a major revamp.

lfc84
10th May 2012, 20:10
it will be back up and running early, they'll play a tune as the new site loads and they'll have a 'sale' to celebrate :rolleyes:

PPRuNeUser0176
10th May 2012, 20:16
Gave Ryanair a call to ask when would flights for early November be on sale and he said that flights would be on sale 4 months in advance. This means that flights won't be put up until July. Last year they had flights released from April. Anyone know why the delay and FR risk losing loosing buisiness if it is July before they do go on sale.

WallyWumpus
11th May 2012, 09:48
It is likely to be a combination of not knowing exactly how many crew hours they have available and some commercial negotiations that remain with several airports.

Remember that the 80 grounded aircraft last year were significantly (although not entirely) accounted for by the face the pilots did not have enough hours to operate the fleet through the winter. This year the problem is, if anything, a little more acute. RYR will do anything (to their credit) to avoind cancelling services due to crew shortages.

Wally.

TSR2
11th May 2012, 10:14
RYR will do anything (to their credit) to avoind cancelling services due to crew shortages.

I did not think that Ryanair ever admitted to cancelling flights due to crew shortages.

WallyWumpus
11th May 2012, 10:36
True, and my point exactly. They have foreseen the crewing issues and pre-emptively reduced schedules accordingly. All pretty clever.

davidjohnson6
11th May 2012, 10:55
Can someone explain something for me please ?
During tge summer Ryanair makes lots of money and runs its pilots and cabin crew and aircraft to close to capacity.
During the winter sales are much lower, staff tend to use fewer hours and many aircraft are grounded.

Is the grounding in winter primarily because of staff availability or is it simply because many winter flights just wouldn't make any money ?

dog in park
11th May 2012, 10:58
its all about the money money money

frfly
11th May 2012, 14:44
Winter cuts are due to the difficulty in filling 189 seats in the winter. FR focus more on the leisure market where demand is lower in the off peak winter months. It is pointless to fly these aircraft around at more of a loss than needs, as this will reduce the company's ability to post increased profits (generated in the Summer period). Less profit, reduced shareprice etc.

The business is being assessed at the moment. As a company it is not known yet what cuts are being put out there this winter, however Euro based cabin crew are steadily being shifted onto 9 months on 3 months off contracts....which tends to suggest deep cuts again.

The launch of bases like BCN, WRO and BUD and growth in MAD etc will help to balance out cuts (not such seasonal bases compared to AGP, ALC, PMI etc).

I am a big believer that a major increase in the amount of Ski destinations would be beneficial for the JAN-MAR period, with destinations such as SZG being focussed on (in a similar way to EZY having a mass amount of flights to GVA and LYS).

ryan2000
11th May 2012, 15:50
Maybe they should look to a smaller version of the 737 or dare I say it a mixed fleet. I know the strategy of having a single type has worked for them in the past but grounding scores of planes every winter is hardly a good idea. Thinner routes will never support 738's during the winter where a smaller type might just work for them.

Keyvon
11th May 2012, 16:10
@ frfly

FR's ski flights never proved so popular, apart from some exceptions, of course. Several ski-routes (e.g. Grenoble, Friedrichshafen, Maribor, Regional UK airports-Turin/Salzburg, reduced presence in Klagenfurt, UK-Cuneo, reduced winter ops for UK-Bergamo and so on..) have been dropped altogether in the last few years.

Charlie Roy
14th May 2012, 09:35
Let's pray to God that the website upgrade this week involves the removal of the captcha...

pee
14th May 2012, 14:02
:) OK, let's pray... not only for their passenger's sake, but probably in Ryanair's own interest too.

Shanwickman
14th May 2012, 15:10
It appears to have disappeared already. I have carried numerous flight searches today without the dreaded security check appearing.

ericlday
14th May 2012, 15:53
Hoooray...its gone !!!!!!

PPRuNeUser0176
14th May 2012, 16:39
Ryanair.Com 24-Hour Website Closure 18 19 May (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-com-24-hour-website-closure-18-and-19-may)

Ryanair.Com 24-Hour Website Closure 18 & 19 May

FASTER ACCESS TO RYANAIR’S LOW FARES & HOTEL (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-com-24-hour-website-closure-18-and-19-may#) PRICES FROM SUN 20 MAY

Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (14 May) announced that the Ryanair.com website (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-com-24-hour-website-closure-18-and-19-may#) will be closed from 22.00hrs (GMT) on Fri 18 May until midnight Sat 19 May. Flights will be unaffected and Ryanair has already advised passengers due to travel over the weekend (Sat 19 & Sun 20 May) to make sure they check-in online before 16.00hrs (GMT) on 18May.

From Sunday, passengers can look forward to faster access and improved passenger updates with an upgraded version of Ryanair.com, which will deliver:

1. 3 times faster access to Ryanair’s low fares
2. 3 times faster access to RyanairHotels.com’s guaranteed lowest hotel prices
3. new SMS text alerts in rare instances of delays over two hours or during periods of widespread disruption.

To celebrate this upgrade, Ryanair is releasing 1 million seats at fares from £10.99 for travel on Mon, Tue & Wed in June, which will be available on over 1,000 of Ryanair’s European routes but must be booked on www.ryanair.com (http://www.ryanair.com/) before the upgrade begins at 22.00hrs (GMT) on Fri 18 May.

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said:

“As Manage my Booking will be unavailable during this 24 hour website closure, we have advised all passengers due to travel over the coming weekend (Sat 19 & Sun 20 May) to check-in on Ryanair.com before 16.00hrs (GMT) Fri 18 May.

From Sunday next, Ryanair passengers will enjoy even faster access to our lowest fares and our guaranteed lowest hotel prices after the Ryanair.com website has been upgraded.

Our upgraded site will improve performance, and allow us to introduce a new SMS text alert system which will deliver real time info to passenger during flight delays of over 2 hours and during periods of mass disruption, such as adverse weather, air traffic control strikes or airspace closures.”

PPRuNeUser0176
15th May 2012, 10:26
Passengers flying from Dublin this weekend who don't have there boarding cards printed they will not be charged to have them printed, once news of the website got to the media, FR were came under pressure from a lot of criticism on t.witter and on radio shows which discovered that Ryanair had sent no e-mails to passengers about the website closure. However last night passengers received an e-mail saying if you don't have boarding passes then you will not be charged at the airport. I am not sure if it applies to all FR routes but it does to Dublin ones.

WeMadeYou
15th May 2012, 19:30
Hello, as a pilot in Ryanair what are the rules for doing some private flying at the local flying club?

shoeless
16th May 2012, 04:59
Hi Fellow pilots,

I know this topic is brought up a lot but i was wondering what are the requirements to apply for ryanair?as in ATPL results...etc!
Also does anyone know what ryanair look for when they are recruiting ?

Any replies are appreciated :):) thanks

silverhawk
16th May 2012, 05:31
Shoeless

You need a large measure of gullability together with a big fat cheque.

It is an abomination of an airline run by thugs.

I despair for the many friends I have that are still there.

PocketRocket
16th May 2012, 16:38
Hello, as a pilot in Ryanair what are the rules for doing some private flying at the local flying club?

You can do that with the Chief Pilot´s permission - there is a form available in the OM-A and it should not be a big issue. To stay within the flight time limits you have to do the mathematics by yourself, you have to inform Rostering when you approach the limits. It´s also your responsibility to maintain proper rest between privat flying and RYR duty.
Commercial flying outside RYR is not allowed at all.
rgds

PPRuNeUser0176
16th May 2012, 18:35
there are reports that Ryanair may be pulling out of TFS, anyone heard anything about it?

ericlday
16th May 2012, 18:52
Hope not. Reliable and inexpensive trips for me.

RAT 5
16th May 2012, 20:28
Pocket Rocket:
That is a very interesting concept for so called self-employed pilots who are not officers, employees, agents etc. etc of said RYR; yet they control when you fart. Are you allowed to take part in risky past-times the day before a flight duty? Injury could cause them problems. Or even on the duty day itself before your 'lates'. Is glider flying included? What about hang-gliding & paragliding? Is banner towing on days off a commercial flight? Is giving flight instruction at the flying club? If you are contracted to BRK, how can RYR control anything you do? There is supposed to be no connection between the 2 parties, and you are also not an agent, officer nor employee of BRK. So which Sunday school airline do you fly for?

shoeless
16th May 2012, 20:42
Silverhawk

Ok so apart from the big fat check?which is 30k or so I hear what else may be needed,cause I would take anything to be honest.I am currently a ATPL student sitting my last 5 exams next month and kinda freaking out thinking about what my future plans are....if anyone has any other suggestions or replys please do share :)

PPRuNeUser0176
17th May 2012, 16:01
Ryanair Cuts All Rhodes Kos Flights From October 2012 As? (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-cuts-all-rhodes-and-kos-flights-from-october-2012-as-ministry-of-tourism-reneges-on-promotion-agreement)

davidjohnson6
17th May 2012, 16:21
Can't imagine the Greeks will be too upset. Flights continue until 2 October anyway and the country can't afford to pay FR's marketing fees for a few weeks of less-than-peak season

TSR2
17th May 2012, 19:06
DETAP and the Mayor of Kos should now explain to Rhodes and Kos residents, why they have now refused to partner with the only airline interested in bringing new passengers, new jobs and millions in tourism revenues to the region.”

Simple ... they cannot afford it.

But on the other hand, can they afford not to. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

RAT 5
18th May 2012, 17:42
For many years I used to fly 1000's of tourists to Kos & Rhodes for UK long before the irish discovered where it was. They paid a fair price. The Germans and Scandinavians slowly took over the islands and the 'greek' disappeared. I'm sure the N.Europeans are still there in large numbers and the 'irish' are in the small minority. Once again RYR throwing toys out of pram.

wesleyscott
18th May 2012, 20:25
whats the story on TFS and the rest of Spain...? Anybody know?

fivejuliet
18th May 2012, 23:12
shoeless, did you not consider this before you decided on this career? That is the only reason I have not entered the industry (as a pilot anyway)

pamann
19th May 2012, 00:19
Ryanair will now close 11 routes to Kos and 13 routes to Rhodes, one month before the end of the summer season, resulting in the loss of over 23,000 high spending tourists

Of course those 'customers' booking late season escapes to the Med are typically classed as "High Spending"! :oh:

Sober Lark
19th May 2012, 09:01
never saw this before from ryanair , I think the pilot shortage is starting to bite

Greece is going down in flames because of pilot shortage??

racedo
19th May 2012, 09:43
Greece is going down in flames because of pilot shortage??

Well you know there is not any Pilots out of work across EU because no airlines have collapsed so must be so as someone said it on the interweb......:rolleyes:

BALLSOUT
19th May 2012, 10:31
Shoeless - These forums are full of the information you are asking for. If you just use a little of the gumption you will need to be a pilot and spend a few minutes looking through some older threads you will find all you need. Try looking through "terms and endearment"

compton3bravo
19th May 2012, 10:38
What a load of tosh Racedo, there are a lot of pilots out of work in the EU and unfortunately some more to join when BMIBaby close down. Of course hardly any of them want to work for the airline (I say that loosely) you seem to represent and who can blame them!

racedo
19th May 2012, 11:21
Sarcasm button at end would give an idea of the suggestion that FR cancelling Greece flights because of pilot shortage.
Well aware of hits on Pilots when airlines have shut.

j636
19th May 2012, 12:40
Airlines are pulling out of Greece everyday there is news about routes being closed, very soon there will be not Long Haul flights from Greece at the rate of route closures. Anybody think that the routes to Kos Rhodes are just not profitable enough to sustain with fuel etc and as per FR blame somebody else.

PPRuNeUser0176
19th May 2012, 14:32
Ryanair told to fill 'unpaid-for' seats at emergency exits - National News - Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ryanair-told-to-fill-unpaidfor-seats-at-emergency-exits-3112300.html)

Stephen McNamara, the airline's spokesman, said: "We are revising our boarding procedures and briefing our crews at all bases to comply with this requirement from June 1, 2012".

PPRuNeUser0176
19th May 2012, 15:55
Ryanair website back running since 15.00.

AGPwallah
19th May 2012, 19:07
Captcha disappeared and 7 days prices showing - hooray!!:D

Bengt
19th May 2012, 20:03
Correct me if I am wrong but I think one of the changes on Cheap Flights - Book cheap flights to Europe with Ryanair (http://www.ryanair.com) is that the prices showed by each date now includes taxes etc..
Earlier you would only see the ticket price and then after choosing it see the (almost) full price...

Jack1985
19th May 2012, 20:40
Also now charging for the use of Visa Electron :ugh:

boeing767
19th May 2012, 20:59
According to Ryanair's website, new routes from Cuneo (CUF) from 07/08/09 July:
- Barcelona Girona
- Bari
- Brindisi
- Brussels Charleroi
- Ibiza
- London Stansted
- Madrid
- Malta
- Paris Beauvais

Edit: Sorry, didn't read that this is only for a few days due to closure of Turin Airport.

Jack1985
19th May 2012, 21:00
Not new routes, transferring to Cuneo as Turin is closed from 6 July to 10 July for runway upgrade works.

AGPwallah
19th May 2012, 21:51
Bengt - Yes, you are correct, only now have to add payment charge plus any extras.

Jack1985 - They have charged for Visa Electron since 1/1/2010, just after the introduction of Mastercard prepay cards on 1/12/09.
( Ryanair to charge Visa Electron users | Money | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/dec/01/ryanair-charge-visa-electron-users))

AGP

Jack1985
19th May 2012, 22:18
Thanks for that AGPwallah thank god I didn't take up entropay's offer then cheap flights with Ryanair was going to be the only reason I took up a Visa Electron. :D

davidjohnson6
19th May 2012, 22:28
I know it's still 5 months away so not that critical yet, but have been wondering when FR is to release seats on flights post October for booking. On competing routes other cariiers inxluding Easyjet, Flybe, Aer Lingus and pretty much all other ndtwork carriers have been taking bookings for quite a while.

dwlpl
20th May 2012, 12:39
Routes cut during Summer season to the greek islands , edinburgh and I think liverpool , never saw this before from ryanair , I think the pilot shortage is starting to bite

The Liverpool services are in the booking engine to the end of October just like last year.

Charlie Roy
20th May 2012, 16:27
when FR is to release seats on flights post October for booking

They are already on sale for Warsaw Modlin routes.
Possibly to undercut OLT's expansion as much as possible, possibly for a whole range of other reasons.

But sorry, I do not know the answer to your question.

Aer Lingus and pretty much all other network carriers have been taking bookings for quite a while

Aer Lingus only have some winter routes on sale, the rest to be released this week I believe...

anna_list
21st May 2012, 07:35
Final Results - London Stock Exchange (http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=11209779)

Summary:

Profit up from €401m to €503m
Loss over the winter of about €40m, which is an improvement over each of the last 3 years, but it was achieved by grounding more aircraft each time
Special dividend of €0.34 per share to be paid in November
Cautious outlook for this year: 5% growth in passengers, €320m increase in the fuel bill (mainly in the first half of the year), Q1 profit to fall due to fuel, 3% increase in yields will not cover rise in fuel costs, FY 2013 profit in the range €400m to €440m
Ryanair shares currently down 6%

Jack1985
21st May 2012, 10:27
Strong set of results from Ryanair :D also Michael O’Leary has confirmed the grounding of some of the fleet this winter, ''higher oil prices next winter and the refusal of some monopoly airports (most notably Dublin & Stansted) to lower winter charges makes it more logical to ground up to 80 aircraft rather than suffer losses flying at very low winter yields in FY13.''

sawtooth
21st May 2012, 11:10
Is see m.ryanair.com now opens a mobile login screen. Are they working on a mobile optimized site / app? Way behind other airlines in this regard, strange considering the huge move to mobile web use and many studies showing mobile web users are far more likely to use their devices for business and ecommerce purposes.

thebeast
21st May 2012, 11:12
while many staff have had pay freezes or even forced unpaid winter leave....:*

racedo
21st May 2012, 19:37
Really good set of results especially second half year which really justifies grounding aircraft in a soft market.

Comparison between Ryanair and Easyjet is significant in that Easyjet lost £112M in same period v €41 M for Ryanair or full Yr Ryanair £200 million in comparable year.

FR-
21st May 2012, 19:48
easyJet staff did not get upto three months of unpaid leave, to save money.

no slot
21st May 2012, 20:06
Racedo,

Grounding aircraft a good idea! I've heard it all. An expensive non performing asset. It makes no sense unless you have to do it, i.e buying too many aircraft and are fire fighting to keep the head above water.

If it walks like a duck.....

no slot

EI-BUD
21st May 2012, 20:42
Ryanair were reluctant at first about entering the Sun routes, If I recall rightly it was Go who went there in a serious fashion when the other LOCO's were not going after this market.

And one of the reasons was that many of the sun routes were very seasonal and the challenge was what to do with the aircraft in the off season, this story hasnt changed,if you need oodles of aircraft to serve Spain, Italy, Greece, etc there will be surplus to requirements in winter. Clearly if Ryanair could enhance profitability by operating the whole fleet in winter they would.

But more than all of that it is a reflection that Ryanair are more suited to the leisure market, given that many routes are at less than daily frequency and so much business now is also to sunnier climes!

EI-BUD

racedo
21st May 2012, 22:11
Grounding aircraft a good idea! I've heard it all. An expensive non performing asset. It makes no sense unless you have to do it, i.e buying too many aircraft and are fire fighting to keep the head above water.1/2 billion doesn't sound like fighting to keep the head above water....could be wrong though.

Using assets to make money is sensible, using them to loose even more money doesn't.

Easyjet didn't ground any aircraft and listening to posters they supposedly had a great winter and lost £112M where as Ryanair grounded aircraft and lost 30% of that.

There is a mother of all recessions out there that is going to last another couple of years hence why kill the company when its not necessary.

no slot
22nd May 2012, 08:49
Racedo,

I agree with you completely. It makes sense now. My criticism is it was a very big mistake in the first place to buy all those aircraft in a contracting market. Very risky strategy and to be honest I don't thinks its paid off yet. If this recession continues much longer the mistake will be further compounded. My point again, why buy expensive assests if you don't intend to use them? Leaving them idle, paying finance, maintenance, depreciation etc. It'll take a lot of 10 euro fares to cover these costs. To Ryanairs credit, they are coping well at the minute. Excellent firefighting......

no slot

EI-BUD
22nd May 2012, 09:33
Very risky strategy and to be honest I don't thinks its paid off yet

no slot, I wouldnt be someone to go out on a limb to defend Ryanair but to say the above is slightly rubbished by the annual results of yesterday? In addition while annual % growth has slowed the company still expect to grow by 4M passengers this year, not many other airlines doing that and at the same time delivery exceptional profits, nowithstanding higher fuel prices....

EI-BUD

WHBM
22nd May 2012, 09:33
Can anyone make the "Timetables" page on the new website work ? I put in origin and destination, and get back a random set of pages out of the booking engine. All I want to do is look up when they fly to where I am going to.

Facelookbovvered
22nd May 2012, 10:16
I don't see any significant threats to FR business, it makes total sense to park the fleet when you can't cover the cost of flying them, much of that cost burden falls on crews stood down over the winter period, but with an over supply of pilots i doubt they care, yes SFO are going the sandpit in droves but that just frees up RHS seats for the training machine. Keeping Captains is the key.

I thought MOL over played the downside risk yesterday, with oil now around 19$dpb less than two months ago they should make millions more just doing what they are doing now?

How many aircraft net of returns are due this year?

EI-BUD
22nd May 2012, 11:31
I don't see any significant threats to FR business

This is an interesting comment facelookbovvered, in my view the main threat to Ryanair model continues to be the threat of an accident. Yes this is a threat for all airlines, but given Ryanair's staunch approach to keeping costs low, this could be perceived with an accident as low maintenance. Other airlines would not feel as great a pinch in my view as say Ryanair. Nonetheless, they have a great record to date. Long may it last.

In addition, considering the competition, easyJet is one to watch as far as going after business travellers is concerned, also as Jet2 and easyJet to a lesser extent focus on holiday packages, they are in effect spreading their risk. A competitor who has a diversified risk, i.e. only reliant on core business could become a strong threat?

EI-BUD

no slot
22nd May 2012, 11:38
EI- BUD,

Ryanairs results are very impressive, not disputing that. Would they be more impressive if they did not have to ground so many machines off season? What's the cost ( or as some seem to think gain ) of such action? Obviously it is advantageous to ground a number of machines during the quiet months due essential maintenance etc, but widespread grounding can only be reviewed as reactive to a previous bad decision. Thats all I'm saying. Not in million years would an Airline buy so many aircraft with the intention of grounding them. It only makes sense as an unexpected reaction to limit losses during recession and/or oil price spikes etc etc. Which is what I believe Ryanair are doing. Firefighting. The fundamentals of business and economics still stand.

Rgds

no slot

Bergholt
22nd May 2012, 12:05
If you extend your argument concerning the wisdom grounding of aircraft in winter, no seaside resort should spend millions of pounds building facilities and entertainments for holidaymakers that are used almost exclusively in the summer months.

This is a seasonal business and if you can ground aircraft during the winter months and still make an annual profit, where's the problem?

WHBM
22nd May 2012, 12:24
If you extend your argument concerning the wisdom grounding of aircraft in winter, no seaside resort should spend millions of pounds building facilities and entertainments for holidaymakers that are used almost exclusively in the summer months.

This is a seasonal business and if you can ground aircraft during the winter months and still make an annual profit, where's the problem?
The issue is that the overall profit may well conceal some all-year routes making good returns and some seasonal holiday routes that are marginal, using up some of the profits, and not worth doing long term.

If your seasonality can be balanced across multiple different seasons (eg the Canadian charter operators with a winter peak down to the Caribbean, a summer peak transatlantic to Europe, and some Hadj work in between in the Middle East when the dates suit) then you are fine. But for single peaks it can be not worthwhile.

The UK railways, surprisingly belatedly, found this out a generation ago where holiday resorts were overcrowded for about eight summer weekends per year, and deserted at other times; those who saw the large crowds on those odd August Saturdays could not understand how the expensive facilities were actually provided at a large loss.

And yes, seaside resort fixed facilities are so often provided out of public funds for the glory of those elected, without any thought for cost-effectiveness.

Hipennine
22nd May 2012, 13:14
I'm no supporter of some of FR's practices, but they have shaken up the airline business model substantially by progressively switching fixed costs into variable, particularly wages. This means that 2 out of 3 main costs (fuel and wages) are truly variable and related to flying hours. This leaves the capital cost of the aircraft as the only significant fixed cost. If that cost is covered in the summer period, it only makes sense to fly the planes if the revenue then covers all the variable costs plus the xtra downgrade in aircraft value through increased cycles. Most businessess are seasonal in one form or another, and successful ones adjust their cost models to suit. Until ryanair came along, there was a general assumption (and still is in some quarters) that airline business seasonality was just on the demand side.

Shooting_Star
22nd May 2012, 16:41
Hi Guys, a few months ago I found somewere on pprune a website where you could search for connecting Ryanair flights but I can't find it anymore. Anyone who has the link? Really appreciated !:)

Jack1985
22nd May 2012, 17:41
I see Ryanair has changed its slogan if you can call it that;

From - Ryanair, the world’s favorite airline :rolleyes:
To - Ryanair, Europe’s only ultra low cost airline

Seems more appropriate.

eu01
22nd May 2012, 18:11
a few months ago I found somewere on pprune a website where you could search for connecting Ryanair flights but I can't find it anymore. Anyone who has the link?
Ryanair rejects any discussion on connecting flights, unfortunately. In spite of their disregard for this very idea, you can test skyscanner (http://www.skyscanner.net/).

Just keep in mind their schedule changes and unpredictable way of dropping routes. You will be refunded just the cancelled flight, not the other leg.
¨

racedo
22nd May 2012, 18:16
I thought MOL over played the downside risk yesterday, with oil now around 19$dpb less than two months ago they should make millions more just doing what they are doing now?

MOL described it yesterday as Airline business full of optimists whereas at Ryanair he encouraged pessimism because it means they always need to be aware of what is happening and act quickly.

History has shown that they are conservative with their results which means good chance they can deliver given what is currently known.

To paraphrase Donny Rumsfeld said its the known unknowns that cause problems.

Having spare aircraft meant that Malev and Spanair closures meant capacity already available.

Its not parking 80 aircraft and not using, its rotating and using them over a period of time so none sitting there for 5 months, its a good way of adding an extra year to usable fleet life.

racedo
22nd May 2012, 18:18
This leaves the capital cost of the aircraft as the only significant fixed cost.

FR buy their aircraft in $$ which given the price they were originally quoted was when €-$ rate was in favour of $ they made huge savings per aircraft, also US Govt subsidising the interest deal so a real win win.

Jamie2k9
25th May 2012, 23:00
Winter schedule now bieng loaded.

Bengt
26th May 2012, 04:03
Anyone know any address where errors in translation in the booking engine could be reported?
In the Swedish version I have seen at least two mistakes:
Taxes and fees in the price breakdown is translated into "Rabatterat Pris" which is Swedish for Discounted Price.
Also the first pause after inputting date to search for flights says "lastar" which is a translation of loading, but not the correct one. It should be "laddar" which is charging/loading...
Otherwise the new booking engine is FAR more user friendly than the latest versions have been.
Quick, full price (except "optional" charges") and yes much quicker!

Stevek
26th May 2012, 10:37
Any idea what routes are being dropped from Dublin this winter Jamie2k9?

PocketRocket
26th May 2012, 17:57
Hi Guys, a few months ago I found somewere on pprune a website where you could search for connecting Ryanair flights but I can't find it anymore. Anyone who has the link? Really appreciated

Hi Shooting_Star, try "www.ryalive.com" - gives you the info you are looking for. Just re-check the data with the FR homepage, some routes have changed since the schedule was uploaded!

PPRuNeUser0176
28th May 2012, 16:17
security check is back on fr site, so much for quicker and easier access to flights!

bcn_boy
28th May 2012, 16:28
We checked in on the weekend with Ryanair, however, my wife's new passport has been delivered and we had already put in the security information. Is there anyway to change this?

davidjohnson6
28th May 2012, 17:07
EIDW - if a website is going through a major upgrade there is always the chance that something goes wrong - either technically or someone has made a mistake in thinking how customers will behave. Obvious answer is to minimise risk - eg removing CAPTCHA until company is sure new website is working well and then reimpose CAPTCHA.

bcn boy - sounds obvious (or not with Ryanair) but could I hently suggest phoning Ryanair ? Phone charges will admittedly be extortionate but a few mins on the phone may resolve it all

NorthernCounties
28th May 2012, 17:15
I would chance it myself, don't the gate staff just check the name on the passport. 9 times out of 10 my passport doesn't even get checked going through security... and this isn't just at LDY.

CCR
28th May 2012, 18:12
Staff at the gate do check. I would call them rather than risk being denied boarding at the gate.

scotsunflyer
28th May 2012, 20:35
CAPTCHA back

racedo
28th May 2012, 22:11
We checked in on the weekend with Ryanair, however, my wife's new passport has been delivered and we had already put in the security information. Is there anyway to change this?

You have the old Passport now with assumme edges cut off and you have the new one replacing it. Bring both as evidence as indicating one replacing another is reasonable.

Anansis
28th May 2012, 23:59

Call them (the numbers listed on their website). Depending on your specific circumstances they'll probably either update your wife's information for free over the phone or they'll charge you a £15 fee to uncheck the booking and you'll be able to do it yourself. The call is cheap and the staff are friendly and professional- not what most people expect.

farci
29th May 2012, 07:50
Call them (the numbers listed on their website). Depending on your specific circumstances they'll probably either update your wife's information for free over the phone or they'll charge you a £15 fee to uncheck the booking and you'll be able to do it yourself. The call is cheap and the staff are friendly and professional- not what most people expect.
Your defiinition of a cheap call and mine seem to be at odds. Ryanair charges anywhere from £0.10 - £1.00/minute from a UK landline (don't even think about the cost from a mobile :uhoh: !) to talk to them. The good news is they only charge £0.05/minute to complain about the high call charges :hmm:.

Luckily you can call them direct in Dublin at much lower prices on +353 1 812 1212. Information from SayNoTo0870 (http://www.saynoto0870.com)

Anansis
29th May 2012, 09:04
Your defiinition of a cheap call and mine seem to be at odds. Ryanair charges anywhere from £0.10 - £1.00/minute from a UK landline

True but slightly misleading. In the UK, a call to reservations costs £1.00/minute. Calling the flight alterations number costs just £0.10p per minute. I think most people would agree that that's cheap (the only reason I didn't list this price in my original post is that I've no idea which country bcn boy is calling from).

I recently had to change a misspelt name on a reservation and Ryanair did it for free. I called from my mobile for convenience, was on the line for less than two minutes and it didn't cost that much (I could always have found a phonebox if I'd wanted to). It's much better to update the information than to take a risk. 99% of the time you'll be fine but it only takes one jobsworth to kick up a fuss then you're left having to falk out for a new flight on the day of departure. Now THAT'S expensive :(:{

smith
29th May 2012, 12:43

The passport number doesn't actually appear on the boarding card so there is no way for ground handling to check.

lexoncd
29th May 2012, 15:22
I was looking for a flight for "Mrs L" to pop home this summer whilst over in France rather than using ID95 and transferring. It was great to look at options available from a number of airports we can pop along to and other last minute ideas without Captcha. Now I simply can't be bothered. I just wonder how much business they will loose with this silly system in place. Its stops browsing for ideas.....

Narrow Runway
29th May 2012, 15:55
Does anybody know if this route will operate again as a ski route this winter?

If so, does anyone know when the schedule will be published, and tickets bookable?

davidjohnson6
29th May 2012, 16:42
Narrow - Easyjet have flights from Grenoble to Gatwick, Luton and Stansted on sale now for winter if that helps

racedo
29th May 2012, 17:59
The passport number doesn't actually appear on the boarding card so there is no way for ground handling to check.

Good spot :D

Narrow Runway
29th May 2012, 19:54
Hi David,

Thx for the heads up. I was aware of easyjet's flights, but they are a lot more expensive than last year.

I own a place in the Alps, so use the services regularly - at least 6 weeks a season. But to be honest, I refuse to pay the prices that easyjet want on certain dates.

I'll hold on for Ryanair's offerings. If no good, I will use my wife's staff travel I suppose and head to Chambery.

I'm surprised FR haven't announced the routes yet though - however, I suppose they will be about £1 cheaper than easyJet and clean up anyway.....:ugh:

Thx again. I appreciate your effort in replying.

Sunnyjohn
1st Jun 2012, 09:49
I know this is an old chestnut and apologies for that but is there any way one can view all Ryanair's winter schedules on one page? I want to fly from Alicante to anywhere in the UK - don't care as long as I get there! Do I have to keep going through the rigmarole of entering every destination until I get one that hasn't got a no entry sign on it, or is there a quicker way?

Thanks!

rareair
1st Jun 2012, 10:51
I find skyscanner.net fairly useful

You can specify "uk" in the destination field

Also look at the wikipedia page for alicante airport, which obviously carries no guarantee but is likely to be fairly accurate.

CCFAIRPORT
1st Jun 2012, 11:50
NEW ROUTE FROM SEPTEMBER 1ST

East Midlands (EMA) to Cork (ORK)

Bengt
1st Jun 2012, 12:58
I booked a flight from BCN-NYO the 2nd of November the other day. This was after I had seen that the whole winter schedule for the route was loaded. Now today all flights are gone (as well as all flights from NYO to ALC).
Anyone knows what has happened? Argument with Skavsta airport?

Sunnyjohn
1st Jun 2012, 13:37
Thanks for these, rareair. Skyscanner is good. Wiki has its usual shortcomings, not least that it puts Alicante in the Region of Murcia (it's in Valencia!)

Pittslover
2nd Jun 2012, 21:21
Sorry wrong thread.

potash
7th Jun 2012, 18:13
The contract for free landing must have run out. There are no flights for any of the islands from the uk on FR booking engine.If no canary flights this winter half his fleet will be parked up.

bongoo
7th Jun 2012, 18:39
You may want to have another search.....

davidjohnson6
7th Jun 2012, 18:39
potash - are you certain all seats for the winter period have now been released for sale ?

Bengt
7th Jun 2012, 19:16
If all flights for the winter are released now there will be no flights from NYO to STN nor from NYO to LGW.
So I am quite sure this is not the case...

potash
8th Jun 2012, 09:49
The no landing fee deal ends 2012 for all the canarys, Aena are set to start and charge fees again i may be wrong but i think not.

pee
12th Jun 2012, 07:26
Ryanair.com - Page Not Found

The page you are looking for may have moved
or perhaps you mis-typed the address.

This Captcha thing wasn't good enough, it seems. Indeed, the most radical and by far the most efficient way to prevent screenscrapers from selling Ryanair tickets is to close down the entire site. :}

Edit: Okay, just a short break.

hodp
12th Jun 2012, 08:28
new routes are being added :O

CCFAIRPORT
12th Jun 2012, 11:58
Do you know the new routes ?

hodp
12th Jun 2012, 16:34
poitiers from manchester.....

CCFAIRPORT
12th Jun 2012, 20:31
It's not a new route :(

scrapy
13th Jun 2012, 00:19
Manchester to Poitiers is just 4 flights over a two week period replacing the usual Tuesday and Thursday flights to Tours, presumably Tours is closed for some reason (although the Saturday flights still seem to be going there those weeks). Bit cheeky of Ryanair to call it a new route!

eu01
15th Jun 2012, 04:06
The Piedmont Region and Province and Municipality of Turin have not reached the agreement on granting the additional funding to make possible the establishment of Ryanair base in Turin.

LTNman
15th Jun 2012, 05:20
The Piedmont Region and Province and Municipality of Turin have not reached the agreement on granting the additional funding to make possible the establishment of Ryanair base in Turin.

When is a bribe not a bribe? When it is regonal funding for Ryanair or is that blackmail money Ryanair style?

Ryanair complain about national airlines getting state aid so what is the difference apart from where the money comes from?

mart901
15th Jun 2012, 23:10
Exactly always said that.

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Jun 2012, 18:01
Ryanair has confirmed today that 31 routes will be maintained from LPA in 2013, however the free landing fees will not be extended after 2012. Wonder what will happen at TFS, ACE and FUE.

j636
20th Jun 2012, 19:52
Rome Ciampino Closes For 9 Days In September (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/rome-ciampino-closes-for-9-days-in-september)

Flowerdream
23rd Jun 2012, 12:10
What about Maastricht? I heard some rumours about starting new services in the winter season? Sounds weird to me!

Jippie
23rd Jun 2012, 12:39
Well Ryanair started services to Groningen and they have received 5x daily slots for Rotterdam his winter season. So who knows what's in the making?!
Eindhoven is becoming slot-restricted (hopefully for no to long) but there could be some interesting moves in the dutch market.

Jorik
23rd Jun 2012, 12:48
That's an interesting story, Jippie. 5x daily slots for Rotterdam? How do you know that. I read an interview with RTM representative who said that RTM didn't want to prostitute itself to Ryanair. Can you tell me something more or sources?

Jippie
23rd Jun 2012, 13:32
Slots are allocated bij Airport Coordination Netherlands (Stichting Airport Coordination Netherlands - Welcome (http://www.slotcoordination.nl)) and published on their website.
Having slots doesn't mean they will use them, but apparently they consider it.

PPRuNe Pop
27th Jun 2012, 20:03
OK! The thread is restored. Please keep to the topic and do NOT assume anything until the facts are known.

Enjoy.

PPP