View Full Version : Ryanair - 8

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

Flowerdream
13th Dec 2011, 14:09
Thanks Jorik,

These are two of the new routes I had asked for, but there must be more news about new MAA/FR routes, anyone?

Btw does anyone know why the Alicante - Maastricht service is cancelled, it had a load factor arround 85/90 %

pee
13th Dec 2011, 15:00
Ryanair's flight frequencies seem to decrease significantly across the network. To say clearly: once a week flight on the route like the new PMI - TMP - PMI is generally not a bad idea. People flying mid-range distances will probable like to spend an entire week at the destination and from the carrier's point of view lower frequencies will probably mean better yields. On the other hand, low frequencies on shorter routes, like TMP-HHN mean that less and less people will decide to make self-tailored connections, as it became very hard to plan anything even for summer. That's too bad; a pity that FR underestimates the significance of self-made connecting flights and benefits arising from this. Yes, the benefits also for Ryanair (look at all this unexploited potential).

Seljuk22
13th Dec 2011, 15:44
GnRdl

Do you know how many a/c will be at ALC next summer? Do some of the ALC based a/c going directly to PMI? Any news (increase/decrease) about AGP?

Flowerdream
13th Dec 2011, 16:29
Disregard MST-ALC will be served again from March 12

GnRdL
13th Dec 2011, 18:26
GnRdl

Do you know how many a/c will be at ALC next summer? Do some of the ALC based a/c going directly to PMI? Any news (increase/decrease) about AGP?
Hi Seljuk22,
Five aircrafts will be based in ALC.

Regarding the aircrafts based in PMI, I think they will come from BHX or STN where there are a lot of aircrafts parked there (currently there are only two aircrafts based in ALC -"no aircrafts in stand by"-). I think PMI remplaces ALC in some routes like CSO, POZ or SDR.

I have no news respect AGP, but I think is increasing.

Seljuk22
13th Dec 2011, 18:40
Found a link
RYANAIR ANNOUNCE ALICANTE CUT OF 1.5 MILLION PASSENGERS | Costa Blanca | Leader - News, Sport, Spanish Property, Advertising, Classifieds - Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Calida, Costa de Almeria, Spain (http://www.theleader.info/article/32046/spain/costa-blanca/ryanair-announce-alicante-cut-of-15-million-passengers/)

Last summer 11, this winter 2 and next summer 5 aircrafts at ALC.

GnRdL
13th Dec 2011, 18:57
^^ 11 aircrafts only during June and July. 10 aircrafts the rest of the summer.

Hull City AFC
13th Dec 2011, 21:41
Jamie 2k9,

Is there anything at all in the pipeline for Humberside for Summer 2012 now that Alicante has been dropped?. Palma perhaps?..

Thanks!.

pug
13th Dec 2011, 21:54
Its probably an error but Humberside has reappeared on the routemap, though with no destinations.. When looking at 'about destination' it says that its currently being updated.. Im not sure how their website works but is that common for airports that have been chopped?

TimmyW
13th Dec 2011, 22:33
TFS still not bookable from DSA for next summer, despite the route apparently being available?

Jamie2k9
13th Dec 2011, 22:47
Is there anything at all in the pipeline for Humberside for Summer 2012 now that Alicante has been dropped?. Palma perhaps?..

Anything is possible but Humberside could of being readded to the map by mistake with the changes made today, quiet easy to do. Pau is still on the map and FR left there last year.

Most of the rnew outes form PMI are 2 weekly with the odd one 1 weekly and 3 weekly.

TFS still not bookable from DSA for next summer, despite the route apparently being available?

It is bookable. One weekly Mondays.

j636
14th Dec 2011, 16:32
ALC on sale now, only major change that I can see is East Midlands -ALC operating 11 weekly flights and Glasgpw PIK operating 9 weekly.

pug
14th Dec 2011, 16:56
Anything is possible but Humberside could of being readded to the map by mistake with the changes made today, quiet easy to do.

Unfortunately that seems to be the case. Hopefully they can come up with another similar route in Jan/Feb..

Bengt
14th Dec 2011, 17:04
No sights of Reus-Palma de Mallorca flights this summer (yet). Jamie2k9, do you know if anything is coming or is it over?
We have talked about taking a short excursion from Reus to Mallorca the last two summers but never actually made it (tried too late, last year a car hire for a day was €200 a day...).

mikkie4
14th Dec 2011, 18:33
booked rtn flight to las palmas 05/12/11 dpt stn 03/01/12 rtn 18/01/12 for 2 people price £181 46 inc tax/priority board/admin fee/web check in fee .only to find that as of today 14/12/11 the price has droped to £165.46 inc alltax/charges.thought the idea of booking early got you the cheapest price!! obviosly not

eu01
14th Dec 2011, 18:43
The conditions of Ryanair's agreement with Spanish authorities are that Ryanair brings to Girona between 3 and 4 million passengers every year. It's still not achievable without further additions to the Summer schedules, am I right?

Monty Gordo
14th Dec 2011, 18:59
Mikkie4

Well Mikkie you may be one satisfied customer, but there are many who are not with captcha standing in the way of fast, trouble-free booking. Then there is not being able to view dates and prices available, an added hindrance. I for one have given up and have moved to another airline.

Maybe it is time MO'L read the moral contained in Hans Christian Anderson's fairy story 'The Emperor's new clothes'.

Time will surely tell...

blueplatinum
14th Dec 2011, 19:42
booked rtn flight to las palmas 05/12/11 dpt stn 03/01/12 rtn 18/01/12 for 2 people price £181 46 inc tax/priority board/admin fee/web check in fee .only to find that as of today 14/12/11 the price has droped to £165.46 inc alltax/charges.thought the idea of booking early got you the cheapest price!! obviosly notTwo points (purely my opinion).

1/ If you feel the price of anything represents value for money to you at any given moment in time then that is the time to book it.

2/ Once you have paid for something, never, never, ever go back to check if the price has changed. The possible joy of seeing the price has increased is never worth the depression of seeing it has dropped.

wowzz
14th Dec 2011, 20:22
From the latest figures:
Alicante v Murcia, airport flight stats for November are in. | News | Simply Networking (http://www.simplynetworking.es/news-9880-31-alicante_v_murcia_airport_flight_stats_for_november_are_in.h tml)
it would seem that EZY are making hay while Ryanair continue their fight with AENA.

Danny_R
14th Dec 2011, 20:49
booked rtn flight to las palmas 05/12/11 dpt stn 03/01/12 rtn 18/01/12 for 2 people price £181 46 inc tax/priority board/admin fee/web check in fee .only to find that as of today 14/12/11 the price has droped to £165.46 inc alltax/charges.thought the idea of booking early got you the cheapest price!! obviosly not

Travelling just over 3600 miles for £90 each, I wouldn't be complaining personally, ridiculously cheap when you think about it, how far does £90 in petrol get people in a car these days.

EI-A330-300
14th Dec 2011, 20:58
Ryanair like all airlines sell seats in blocks, Lowest price - highest price. If there is ver few on the flight the airline will always drop prices but in most cases once a booking is made:
If the flight is heavly booked the prices will go up
If the flight has many seats left the prices will drop in most cases.

djfwells
14th Dec 2011, 21:12
Who will back down first ? Ryanair or AENA ?
- My money is on the Spanish Government stepping in to 'persuade' AENA that it would bad for the wider Costa Blanca economy for them to turn their back on El Altet completely
Ryanair versus Alicante Airport (http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/4409-ryanair-versus-alicante-airport.html)

racedo
14th Dec 2011, 21:25
Who will back down first ? Ryanair or AENA ?

Somehow that one is easy to answer.

smith
15th Dec 2011, 10:27
Then there is not being able to view dates and prices available,

Before booking go to top right of screen and change the country to Ireland and not UK, it will then display each date with a price in £'s too that is available just like it used to.

barrymah
15th Dec 2011, 12:16
...../priority board/......

Oh, so you are one of those I scowl at for giving M.O'L more money....:) my more charitable other half says they probably are old and rheumaticy..... fine as long as they don't parade around waving their priority boarding scrap of paper.....

On the principle of mine is bigger than yours -

I did 2x MRS -EIN/EIN - MRS on Jan 12-19 2012, no extras, virtual card payment (no cc fee) for €81.46, booked yesterday.

and BTW, I followed the counsel to only do the wavy bit on the captcha - it works.

CelticRambler
15th Dec 2011, 12:55
Earlier in the year, the route Dublin-Poitiers was bookable "for one week only" i.e. one out/return on a weekend at the end of (?)June, another out/return the following weekend.

Assuming this wasn't just Michael O'Leary having a family event in Poitiers and selling the empty legs, was this pair of flights put on at the request of a third party?

If so, any chance someone could quietly pass me details of a contact in RA so that I can discuss the possibility of something similar from Dublin to another French RA airport? I'd really like to give the man some money. :}

pee
15th Dec 2011, 13:05
New Greek airports in Ryanair's network will be Patras and Alexandroupolis.

eu01
15th Dec 2011, 14:54
Two new Polish routes are: Bremen to Lodz and Wroclaw/Pisa. Also from Bremen: BGY.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Dec 2011, 15:13
Power slams O'Leary (http://www.limerickpost.ie/index.php/navigation-mainmenu-30/local-news/3980-power-slams-oleary.html)

So all Ryanairs talk about brining more tourists was a load of bull. 80% of passengers using FR from were Irish and with the routes transfered to NOC the exact same thing is happoning.

Jorik
15th Dec 2011, 15:30
Where did you get that news, pee?
Is it a rumour and are there already routes known?
I read Frankfurt (Hahn) - Alexandroupolis 2 weekly

Do you know any more?

CCFAIRPORT
15th Dec 2011, 15:39
NEW ROUTES :

Frankfurt Hahn to Gothenburg Saeve
Araxos Patras to London Stansted
Araxos Patras to Milan Bergamo

ssflyer
15th Dec 2011, 16:14
Priority Boarding
[my more charitable other half says they probably are old and rheumatic]
Yep. that's Me and the Mrs and we are happy to pay a few quid to get on first, and FR are no different than many other airlines.

PPRuNeUser0176
15th Dec 2011, 18:26
Got an e-mail from Ryanair today saying my flights have being cacnelled. Can transfer onto another flight or a refund. Had a look at there website and the days I want are not operating for that week only, but ther are for the rest of the season. What way do Ryanair work there summer schedule from DUB as it always seems to change every 5 minutes.

wowzz
15th Dec 2011, 20:41
The new government in Spain takes over power next week - the problems with Ryanair are probably the least of their problems. For example, the price of electricity needs to increase by at least 10% due to the prevarication of the previous government: I can't believe that many Spanish citizens will say - 'increase the price by 11% so that nice Mr O'Leary can carry on giving 'cheap' fares' . Ryanair needs to understand that it operates within a total European economy.
As an aside, it is reported in local newspapers here[SE Spain], that Russian tourists are becoming more and more important to the tourist economy, not in terms of numbers, but in terms of spend - and the Russians all report that they do NOT wish to travel with budget airlines. [obviously not an opportunity for Ryanair!]

LBIA
15th Dec 2011, 21:13
Anyone know when ryanair's Leeds to Murcia route will be put back on sale for next summer 2012 season?

The route was on sale a 3x weekly (MON, WED, FRI) operated by a Leeds based aircraft until about a week ago when it was removed from the system for it to suddenly reappear and be bookable again last weekend.
It now looks like all flights have be removed again from the system for some reason. I'm guessing this might have something to do with the reduction in flights between nearby Alicante and Leeds next summer due to ryanair's on going dispute with AENA.

mikkie4
15th Dec 2011, 22:17
yes i give MOL a few extra quid to get on first ,if it means that i get a seat before the mums and the screaming kids,and people with fat b*ms in tight jeans block the gangway, its money well spent(dont like MOL or his airline but price and locality mean a lot)

Jamie2k9
15th Dec 2011, 22:22
The flights operated in July because Tours was closed for runway works and all Tours flights were transfered to Poitiers passengers were bused to/from Tours over the 2 weeks.

Jamie2k9
15th Dec 2011, 22:39
LBA - Murcia will still operate with 3 weekly.

Got an e-mail from Ryanair today saying my flights have being cacnelled. Can transfer onto another flight or a refund. Had a look at there website and the days I want are not operating for that week only, but ther are for the rest of the season. What way do Ryanair work there summer schedule from DUB as it always seems to change every 5 minutes.

DUB summer schedule is March-October but is split into 5 sections within March-October.

pamann
16th Dec 2011, 00:07
It looks like Kefalonia (EFL) to Bergamo & Pisa are to be announced as has appeared on the Ryanair map.

Also Stansted to Chania (CHQ) now showing with a 27th March start date. :ok:

pee
16th Dec 2011, 06:20
Where did you get that news, pee?
Is it a rumour and are there already routes known?
It's the official news of Hahn airport (http://www.hahn-airport.de/default.aspx?cc=en).

An interesting destination, in spite of the fact it's a very small place. I can see some similarities with Lappeenranta. Both not so far from the very big urban centres: St. Petersburg / Istanbul. Some differences: The distance to Istanbul is 300 kilometers, over 100 km more than LPP - LED. Istanbul already has some low cost routes, LED practically not a single one. Nevertheless, Alexandroupoli can count on westernmost areas of Turkey, e.g. Edirne, some folks from Bulgaria may surely come to fly from AXD. The possible failure could be relating to the marketing support issue. Little Alexandroupoli paying for pax from/to Turkey (as LPP for LED)? Well, let's see.

barrymah
16th Dec 2011, 16:51
"yes i give MOL a few extra quid to get on first ,if it means that i get a seat before the mums and the screaming kids,and people with fat b*ms in tight jeans block the gangway, its money well spent(dont like MOL or his airline but price and locality mean a lot)"

OK, OK, I was only joking.....

I was provoked to reply in the first place by the recollection of a twit in MRS who pushed his way through the queue on the stairs in MP2 on the way to the passport check for the STN flight (when will the uk ever join Schengen and give us a break) waving his scrap of priority boarding paper and shouting, in English, 'let me through I have priority' I kid you not.

mikkie4
16th Dec 2011, 20:38
joke taken

j636
16th Dec 2011, 21:15
AENA OPEN TO NEGOTIATIONS WITH RYANAIR | Costa Blanca | Leader - News, Sport, Spanish Property, Advertising, Classifieds - Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Calida, Costa de Almeria, Spain (http://www.theleader.info/article/32097/spain/costa-blanca/aena-open-to-negotiations-with-ryanair/)

in relation to ALC

CelticRambler
17th Dec 2011, 15:24
The flights operated in July because Tours was closed for runway works and all Tours flights were transfered to Poitiers passengers were bused to/from Tours over the 2 weeks.

Thanks Jamie. That makes sense now.

Sorry for the delayed reply - thread disappeared from view !

EI-A330-300
17th Dec 2011, 20:48
What are Ryanair basing in Dublin next summer and will there be a reduction or increase. FR seem to reduce for winter more so than summer at DUB over the last few seasons and will the reduced charges at Dublin for winter 2012/13 be enough to stop them from cutting.

Jamie2k9
17th Dec 2011, 23:13
To early to say but don't see a huge change form last summer and don't think the DAA have published the reduced charges yet but I can't see FR being happy with them

mart901
17th Dec 2011, 23:48
Untill DAA is paying FR to land they wont be happy. They are by now used to FR throwing their toys out of the pram and they wont concede.

jabird
18th Dec 2011, 02:34
when will the uk ever join Schengen

At the risk of sending this thread straight to JetBlast, because the Red Tops will never allow it. And you are proposing this in the current climate?

CCFAIRPORT
18th Dec 2011, 09:46
RESTARTED (From March 2012)

Düsseldorf Weeze to Girona Barcelona (Replaces Weeze to Barcelona)

FR8364
18th Dec 2011, 10:25
There are rumours that Ryanair could come back to VIA (Spain) and fly to destinations like STN, EDI, BLQ, BGY and CRL. The airport is talking with the airline, and it should be anounced before 2012.

Jorik
18th Dec 2011, 10:37
What airport is VIA?

Bartek
18th Dec 2011, 10:47
There are rumours that Ryanair could come back to VIA (Spain) and fly to destinations like STN, EDI, BLQ, BGY and CRL
Is it possible you mean either Vigo (VGO) or Vitoria (VIT)?

eu01
18th Dec 2011, 10:52
^^ I think he means Vitoria in Northern Spain. They do negotiate about 3-4 routes to Italy (BGY and/or BLQ), UK (EDI) and possibly Belgium (CRL). The same airport talks also to few other airlines, among them Wizzair, discussing routes to Romania, Bulgaria and Poland.

FR8364
18th Dec 2011, 12:15
^^ Sorry, I meant VIT (in Alava: País Vasco), very near BIO. STN is also include in the list of possible destinations. There is also talks with BJZ aiport (in Extremadura, near SVQ).

Tom the Tenor
18th Dec 2011, 16:02
Is BJZ Badajoz? I had ten very happy days in Badajoz some years ago. Yes, the Ryanair product would easily work on Badajoz Barcelona (BCN/GIR). I would not discount Madrid either as it is four hours by road and perhaps even longer by train if I remember correctly.

Do you know where Ryanair should go? It seems there is an impending merger between LAN and TAM. I ask you where does that leave South America where fares are all ready on the very high side to say the least and as far as I can find even GOL are not really in the very low price category at all so if Ducksie wants to dip a toe in the Amazon I think it would be worth a go because even people whom are well off and have good jobs in Brazil are not always able to afford the high fares on domestic fares and it is regularly cheaper to come to Europe!

Plenty of 737-8ASs out there looking for work - I think Ryanair should go to South America and bust the high fare airlines there out of it!

You heard it here, first, ladies and gentleman!

racedo
18th Dec 2011, 18:03
Plenty of 737-8ASs out there looking for work - I think Ryanair should go to South America and bust the high fare airlines there out of it!

You heard it here, first, ladies and gentleman!

Old news as the major shareholders in FR have been there a while.

PPRuNeUser0176
19th Dec 2011, 12:45
To early to say but don't see a huge change form last summer and don't think the DAA have published the reduced charges yet but I can't see FR being happy with them

Having a look in July and there is a major increase in spanish flights next summer

MARKEYD
19th Dec 2011, 15:24
Is Ryanair about to pull the based aircraft from Bournemouth from next summer as they have had a major shift in times of flights making nearly all the routes W patterns with very little left for the based aircraft to operate

In fact on a Wednesday there are no flights scheduled at the moment to operate and Murcia has been taken out of the bookings system

Not a good sign

CCFAIRPORT
19th Dec 2011, 15:40
2 NEW ROUTES FROM PISA

Wroclaw (2 weekly)
Haugesund (2 weekly)

j636
19th Dec 2011, 17:05
Are Wizz Air affecting FR STN-eastren europe routes. Some Polish route have a 50% reduction next summer. Many that operated 2 daily are down to daily or the market is just not there because of the down turn.

racedo
19th Dec 2011, 20:08
Are Wizz Air affecting FR STN-eastren europe routes. Some Polish route have a 50% reduction next summer. Many that operated 2 daily are down to daily or the market is just not there because of the down turn.

What month ?

There will be lots of additional services in June.

daz211
20th Dec 2011, 16:00
Looks like Ryanair is getting ready to launch a new look Website, I just had to book a last minute business trip only to find a nice clear page with flights and yes prices all shown in a box so no more low fares available it looked a lot clearer than the old site
but just as I was about to book I got a message saying this system is not yet available and took me back to the old site :*.

Jorik
20th Dec 2011, 16:12
Yep, noticed that too. Only the captcha's didn't work for me... Anddd Ryanair has loaded lots of €4,- fares! Has been a long time ago that they offered such low fares :)

daz211
20th Dec 2011, 16:18
Yes I got a £9 inc tax but couldnt book I would say It looked very fresh and a lot better clearer and user friendly miles better than the old one, maybe someone out there is reading this site :oh:.

EI-DAC
20th Dec 2011, 21:17
Annunced today: NYO-AOI 2xw effective S12, a replacement for NYO-RMI (cancelled).

No flights on sale from TRN airport yet for S12.

EI-A330-300
21st Dec 2011, 11:58
THE ULTIMATE RYANAIR COMPROMISE | Costa Blanca | Leader - News, Sport, Spanish Property, Advertising, Classifieds - Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Calida, Costa de Almeria, Spain (http://www.theleader.info/article/32145/spain/costa-blanca/the-ultimate-ryanair-compromise/)

Will allow FR to use steps for flights but bus passengers to the Terminal at ALC.

FR-
21st Dec 2011, 12:07
And who will pay for the use of the bus?

fr-

daz211
21st Dec 2011, 12:10
I dont like the wording of the headline in the above link :=.

The Spanish airport authority AENA have offered what many consider to be the ultimate compromise to troubled airline Ryanair, in a bid to allow the airline to continue to serve Alicante El Altet airport.

racedo
21st Dec 2011, 12:30
AENA trying on it and reckon they will fail again with press releases like this.

TSR2
21st Dec 2011, 15:15
The 'headline' in the above link is 'THE ULTIMATE RYANAIR COMPROMISE'

daz211
21st Dec 2011, 15:26
Ok funny bu**er !

Maybe I should have said, I dont like the wording in the opening lines of the News story, That better for you ? I did highlight in red the wording, Im just so sorry it was not clear enough for you :zzz:.

Facelookbovvered
21st Dec 2011, 16:08
Poorly worded, probably lost in translation? probably meant to say Troublesome airline Ryanair:\

eu01
21st Dec 2011, 20:21
Polish Modlin as the Ryanair's base to come? Still very uncertain, but apparently one step closer as of today.

The Mazovia Province Governor's Office did not agree to give the operational control over Modlin airport to PPL Polish Airports authority, the company that has been in charge at Warsaw Okecie. The main reason: to guarantee substantially lower airport fees compared to EPWA. If the costs are significantly lower, Wizzair will also have to move to Modlin, the insiders suggest. Okecie could lose an important piece of cake as a result, that's why such a split is necessary to influence the prices, the local authorities decided.

jabird
21st Dec 2011, 20:40
eu01,

Do you know where Modlin stands with its rail link?

Without it, even Wizzair might see they can get better yields at WAW, although I note FR have stayed out, even with their move to more 'main' airports.

Yet the nearest rail line is 5k away. In the UK, the link to GLA got abandoned after costs headed towards £200m, and that was just for about 1k. On a different not, Poland recently abandoned its high speed line.

The plans called for a spur and a station underground, hence high build costs even if the cost of infra in Poland is much lower than the UK. I can think of few genuine low cost airports with stations onsite, unless a line happens to be passing by (e.g. PIK), or they grow to a size when these costs can be justified (e.g. STN).

I don't think either apply at EPMO.

GnRdL
21st Dec 2011, 20:54
1) :ooh: 2) :hmm: 3) :zzz:

And here the answer:
RYANAIR (http://www.theleader.info/article/32162/spain/costa-blanca/ryanair-the-airline-that-likes-to-say-no/)

eu01
21st Dec 2011, 21:13
eu01,
Do you know where Modlin stands with its rail link?

How did you know I'm interested in railways too [integrated transport etc]? ;)

To my knowledge, the rusting rail link has been there for years, mostly as the military supplies sidetrack. It's intended to be refurbished and also the airport rail terminal should be up and running by 2013/14 I guess. Until then, the airport promises a free 3 km bus ride to Modlin town railway station, 50 minutes away from Warsaw Central Station (the travel time could be shorter if some non-stop trains were introduced).

jabird
21st Dec 2011, 21:34
eu01,

Plenty of us here are too, but I try and keep within the 'tramways' of an aviation forum!

There is no point in flying to an airport if you can't then get where you actually want to go, and having a station on site makes that process much easier.

I was under the impression that the spur was a new line, and that they were trying, after many years of delays, to open in time for Euro 2012.

Then again, lots of developments in the UK were initially planned 'in time for the Olympics' too....

wowzz
21st Dec 2011, 21:47
Going back to the ALC dispute, the priority boarding at ALC will need to be implemented stringently to avoid lots of pax complaints at ALC [probably not a concern to MOL] - also, it will be impossible to dash off the aircraft at ALC to the car-hire desks if everyone is herded on to the two buses that MOL will hire.
Does bussing pax to aircraft with all the hassle involved, really save MOL any money? - Just an interested question, with no hidden agenda!!

TSR2
21st Dec 2011, 22:00
Does bussing pax to aircraft with all the hassle involved, really save MOL any money?

Interesting question. Using walkways, as opposed to walking on, is going to cost Ryanair 2 million Euro's per year or 50 cents extra on the price of a ticket. Using busses presumably will cost a lot less if anything at all. So I really do wonder what the fuss is all about except to save face.

racedo
21st Dec 2011, 22:16
Mazowiecki Port Lotniczy Warszawa-Modlin (http://www.modlinairport.pl/site/transport-service)

There is a rail service between Modlin Airport and E-65 railway line connecting Warsaw and Gdańsk which, as provided by the European Agreement on Main International Railway Lines (AGC), is a part of the Paneuropean Transport Corridor No VI connecting the Polish sea border via Działdowo, Modlin, Warsaw with the southern border of Poland.
(future)
The Polish Railway Authority (PKP PLK S.A.) plans to modernize Modlin railway station and Warsaw East (Warszawa Wschodnia) Railway Station - Modlin railway line. There is a siding from Modlin railway station to the airport which, after modernization (widening, improvement of track parameters, connection of electric traction, construction of the station building and related infrastructure) will be used for passenger transport and cargo loading/ unloading. Thus, the airport will acquire a railway connection with Warsaw and, ultimately, Warsaw F. Chopin Airport.

jabird
21st Dec 2011, 22:33
also, it will be impossible to dash off the aircraft at ALC to the car-hire desks if everyone is herded on to the two buses that MOL will hire

Or just make sure you book with anyone but Hertz, and have less reason to worry that you will be at the end of a massive car hire queue.

Racedo,

Which begs the question - if a tiny airport with no established traffic and no guarantees how big it will grow can have a railway line built / modified, to the tune of 5kms if what I read was correct, why is it so bloody difficult for either of Scotland's main airports to have a direct fixed rail link </end rant>

racedo
22nd Dec 2011, 17:14
Which begs the question - if a tiny airport with no established traffic and no guarantees how big it will grow can have a railway line built / modified, to the tune of 5kms if what I read was correct, why is it so bloody difficult for either of Scotland's main airports to have a direct fixed rail link </end rant>

Its called political will......of lets JFDI quickly

Krakow had no rail link until they added one and while it will never give HEX a run for its money it gets you there..............mind you bus to it from Terminal as well but then again walking from a gate at Heathrow to HEX will still be longer than gate to station at Krakow even walking.

WallyWumpus
23rd Dec 2011, 10:53
Wowzz,

It is not about money, in my opinion.

It is not possible for us to turn around in 25 mins with a good pax load and an airbridge. We need to use to rear steps for embarking and disembarking to stand any chance of hitting the times.

Wally.

CCFAIRPORT
24th Dec 2011, 08:25
I just have one question :

My friend is flying today from Skavsta to Riga . I checked on the Riga airport website to know if the flight landed on time ! And I am surprised , because flights from Skavsta, Rygge, Stansted, Liverpool, East Midlands stay at Riga airport! There is any departure to the origin city ! Ex: flight from skavsta landed at 11:05 ! but any departure at 11:30 or 12:00 or i don't know !

Do you know why ?

EGAC_Ramper
24th Dec 2011, 15:06
Ccfairport

The flights did return however these flights departed empty with no pax and just positioning back to home base. Numerous other flights to other destinations did the same, hope this helps.

Regards

vytgri
24th Dec 2011, 19:07
@EGAC_Ramper

Do you have any idea, why Ryanair wouldn't sell seats on theses flights, given the fact they have to be returned to bases anyway? One of today's examples - MAD-KRK, which flew back to MAD empty. That's 3hrs leg, no revenue :)

jabird
24th Dec 2011, 23:55
Do you have any idea, why Ryanair wouldn't sell seats on theses flights, given the fact they have to be returned to bases anyway? One of today's examples - MAD-KRK, which flew back to MAD empty. That's 3hrs leg, no revenue

Yes, this seems very un-Ryanair like. OK, it would be slightly cheaper to fly an empty plane than to carry a very small load, I might expect a large volume of migrant workers returning home at this time of year, but nobody heading in the other direction? At all?

EI-A330-300
25th Dec 2011, 00:02
Did Ryanair flights finish up earlier than normal this year. Not including last year they used to finish in DUB about 21.00 but they finished very early today. Was the early finish the same across the network.

FR-
25th Dec 2011, 03:53
Yes we did shut up shop a few hours early this year, and most bases started alittle later aswell :E

CCFAIRPORT
25th Dec 2011, 08:30
A big thank you for your help

PPRuNeUser0176
28th Dec 2011, 19:32
Cyprus Cuts Passenger Fees to Lure More Airlines, Tourists - Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-28/cyprus-cuts-passenger-fees-to-lure-more-airlines-tourists.html)

Could this lead to more routes by Ryanair.

Skipness One Echo
28th Dec 2011, 22:19
Why doesn't Ryanair fly on Christmas day? easyJet were on the go with their Swiss A319s at Madrid on Christmas day.

jabird
29th Dec 2011, 17:31
Why doesn't Ryanair fly on Christmas day?

I had always assumed that airlines which would be left with aircraft in the wrong place if they didn't operate on Christmas Day still operated flights, but otherwise the extra costs of paying staff overtime, combined with the relative lack of demand to travel on this day, meant airlines wouldn't operate.

As it happens, I have been SLF on Christmas day, back in '99, when I flew LHR-BGI with Bewee. The advantage of being somewhere very hot, where the rest of the family already was, meant I accepted the inconvenience - but as there were no trains, we had to drive, then it was cheaper to get a hotel & parking deal, but no shuttle bus so £30 for a taxi. Also, from an operational point of view, cancel a short out & back rotation, there's another flight the next day, if there was no LHR-BGI, there'd be no BGI-LHR the next day.

All that hassle for a European hop? Forget it, I am surprised Easy were operating, especially as they tend to operate higher frequencies than Ryan.

PPRuNeUser0176
29th Dec 2011, 19:22
Ryanair flirting with fraud, say French anti-airport campaigners - France - RFI (http://www.english.rfi.fr/environment/20111229-ryanair-flirting-fraud-say-french-anti-airport-campaigners)

€13 per passenger they fly from Dole.

racedo
29th Dec 2011, 20:21
5,000 people use airport now, potentially 30,000 will use it over next year........figures speak for themselves as what does €200k bring you in a PR and Advertising campaign .............bugger all really.

Skipness One Echo
29th Dec 2011, 20:53
All that hassle for a European hop? Forget it, I am surprised Easy were operating, especially as they tend to operate higher frequencies than Ryan

I was in Spain where both FR and EZY have bases. Christmas is like a bank holiday with a reduced service operating on the metro and a lot of normal traffic operating at Barajas. Not everywhere in Europe has an enforced day with turkey and the highest suicide rate in the year....

racedo
29th Dec 2011, 21:42
Christmas is like a bank holiday with a reduced service operating on the metro and a lot of normal traffic operating at Barajas. Not everywhere in Europe has an enforced day with turkey and the highest suicide rate in the year....

Not a surprise as Jan 6th is celebrate more...

jabird
29th Dec 2011, 22:18
Opponents, which include far-left and Green political parties, wants the airport closed, claiming it has a “catastrophic” effect on the environment and cannot be justified socially.

1 x B738 - is it 2 or 3x per week? 'catastrophic'. Makes me have some sympathy for the HACAN crowd!

Re: Christmas - thought Jan 6th was more an Eastern European thing, as for getting TfL lot out on Christmas Day, Pigs will be sooner be seen flying over our fair capital!

racedo
29th Dec 2011, 22:24
Re: Christmas - thought Jan 6th was more an Eastern European thing, as for getting TfL lot out on Christmas Day, Pigs will be sooner be seen flying over our fair capital!

Nope thats Dec 6th ........St Nicholas day

jabird
29th Dec 2011, 22:40
From the usual reference library:

The original date of the celebration in Eastern Christianity was January 6, in connection with Epiphany, and that is still the date of the celebration for the Armenian Apostolic Church and in Armenia, where it is a public holiday. As of 2011, there is a difference of 13 days between the modern Gregorian calendar and the older Julian calendar. Those who continue to use the Julian calendar or its equivalents thus celebrate December 25 and January 6 on what for the majority of the world is January 7 and January 19. For this reason, Ethiopia, Russia, Ukraine, the Republic of Macedonia, and the Republic of Moldova celebrate Christmas on what in the Gregorian calendar is January 7; all the Greek Orthodox Churches celebrate Christmas on December 25.

johnnychips
29th Dec 2011, 22:55
Nope thats Dec 6th ........St Nicholas day

In Belgium (Flanders) and Netherlands a few preliminary (or indeed the main) presents are given out by Sinter Klaas and his assistants Zwarte Pieten (Black Petes) and it's a great excuse for a drink. It doesn't affect air travel these days. As far as I can read the legend, he used to ride a white horse in the sky, which might have led to some NOTAMs, but now he arrives by steamboat.

As for FR it would have affected Eindhoven, but I'm not sure about Charleroi -the legend was in ancient Flanders, which did include Lille (Rijsel) so it's not just a linguistic thing.

No doubt our Low Country friends can enlighten us further.

Happy New Year

Noxegon
30th Dec 2011, 01:43
Why doesn't Ryanair fly on Christmas day?

I'd say at least part of it is the fact that all the airports in Ireland (and ATC!) shut down for the day. Does anywhere else in the world still do this?

Flowerdream
30th Dec 2011, 06:02
what happend with the Bergamo-Maastricht flights? they are not for sale anymore, the new route was announced the 24th of december..

fivejuliet
30th Dec 2011, 06:22
I'd say at least part of it is the fact that all the airports in Ireland (and ATC!) shut down for the day. Does anywhere else in the world still do this?

There's still ATC at Shannon and Dublin, and Shannon control is there too (normal service for transatlantic etc).

Jorik
30th Dec 2011, 09:12
Probably some difficulties with de planning of the flights. I guess they are now adapting the schedules for a BGY-based airplane. They often take the route out of the system in order to make changes to the flight times. Booking will be back online soon. First flight will be at Tuesday (March 27). Flights at Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

eu01
30th Dec 2011, 11:05
According to a proverb: "Where two are fighting, a third one wins". Ryanair's version is sometimes even more sophisticated: "Where three [airports] are fighting, a fourth one wins [Ryanair]". The recent example: Girona, Reus, El Prat (winner: Ryanair).

The similar triangle-fight could take place in Southern Italy, where three airports are very close to each other: Bari, Brindisi and Taranto-Grottaglie. While the former two are already FR bases, Grottaglie wants its share of Ryanair flights too. However, a million euro assistance promised to them earlier may now be canceled, writes the Italian newspaper today. Well, politicians seem to be more and more aware of the fact that too much competition is not necessary good for the locals, as numerous previous cases have already shown.

PS. I tried today to check some flights on FR website. Gosh, is the Captcha popping out even more often now than a month ago? Or is it simply so irritating? I wonder how much will it influence the sales, I bet pretty much. This should have an impact on prices in the near future, or am I wrong?

PPRuNeUser0176
30th Dec 2011, 11:55
Ryanair issue appeal over passenger tax - RT News (http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1230/ryanair.html)

For once I agree with Ryaniar. The UK tax is way to much.

Coquelet
30th Dec 2011, 11:56
In Belgium (Flanders) and Netherlands a few preliminary (or indeed the main) presents are given out by Sinter Klaas and his assistants Zwarte Pieten (Black Petes) and it's a great excuse for a drink. It doesn't affect air travel these days. As far as I can read the legend, he used to ride a white horse in the sky, which might have led to some NOTAMs, but now he arrives by steamboat.
As for FR it would have affected Eindhoven, but I'm not sure about Charleroi -the legend was in ancient Flanders, which did include Lille (Rijsel) so it's not just a linguistic thing.
No doubt our Low Country friends can enlighten us further.

Saint Nicolas is on the 6th december and, in Belgium (both Wallonia and Flanders), the small children receive toys and candies that Saint Nicolas allegedly brings during the night, with his donkey, and deposits by the chimney. The "Père Fouettard" is just there to frighten the children that don't behave as they should.
This has no influence whatsoever on the ordinary life of adults, it's not a public holiday and everything works as usual, aviation included.

h&s
30th Dec 2011, 20:41
Or is it simply so irritating? I wonder how much will it influence the sales, I bet pretty much.

Quite agree with you. Only traffic data we have since it was introduced is November and it shows a traffic decline of 8%. Of course it's mainly due to winter cancelations but given such capacities reductions, it's quite strange to see their LFs are actually flat... U2 at same time benefited a lot from FR reductions with a 2.6pp LF increase. I would be curious to see Ryanair forward LFs but given how ennoying it is, I wouldn't be surprise if it costs them around 2p of LF per month, we'll see it from Apr onwards probably when they have less aicraft sleeping at airports

pee
2nd Jan 2012, 11:09
Swedish passenger outraged by the words she has to write into Captcha. Can you read it?
http://cdnstatic.expressen.se/polopoly/bilder/2012/01/01/1.2667311TS1325453767443_slot100slotWide75ArticleFull.jpg
She says: never more, the booking was cancelled

The source: expressen.se

PocketRocket
2nd Jan 2012, 11:39
Was the word too complicated to type in for her?

JSCL
2nd Jan 2012, 11:57
Random string of words/letters/symbols - hardly at fault of Ryanair.

pee
2nd Jan 2012, 13:11
^^ I see. Every nation is sensitive to different issues, apparently. "Plane crash" would make no difference, I suppose.

vytgri
2nd Jan 2012, 13:28
@Pee

Her face carries strong iraqi or pakistani features. She should have felt like a lottery winner, instead of complaining about the Captcha ;DD

P.S. Mean no insult. Look at the nose!

FR-
2nd Jan 2012, 13:41
Not Ryanair's fault, maybe she would like to sit in row 13 :rolleyes: on a nice flight from DUB-BHX FR666.

(p.s. i dont want any comments back from know it alls about row 13)

pwalhx
2nd Jan 2012, 15:01
If people cannot understand why the reference to a terrorist organisation is offensive then fine for them, however in todays world it is quite easy to include something in the programme to ensure certain words cannot be used, would people be equally happy if a euphimism for the female genital area was used on capthca, I think not.

j636
2nd Jan 2012, 15:06
Ryanair Don't Care week of action (commencing March 12th 2012) | libcom.org (http://libcom.org/blog/ryanair-dont-care-week-action-commencing-march-12th-2012-02012012)

FR-
2nd Jan 2012, 15:43
PR stunt over the busy post christmas booking period? Plus I dont think anyone has been rascist, sorry if you feel that way, im sure the poster didnt mean it to come across that way.

racedo
2nd Jan 2012, 17:11
Ryanair Don't Care week of action (commencing March 12th 2012) | libcom.org (http://libcom.org/blog/ryanair-dont-care-week-action-commencing-march-12th-2012-02012012)

More people will go for a P*** within 5 minutes of the race finishing than will be part of this idiot protest.

mart901
2nd Jan 2012, 23:24
Well racedo, as ryanair dont have the guts to allow any trade unions into the business do you not think people have a right to campaign against unfair working practices in another way? What has ryanair got to loose from the truth coming out about their employment practices? Maybe you should read some cabin crew forums and indeed some pilot ones and read what people say about bullying and intimidation, it might explain the origin of so any of their employees being eastern europe.........the irish wont put up with working for free when aircraft are not airbourne,and paying for all their training and uniform costs, being driven to sell like mad to passengers, alienating disabled passengers, charging people for extra luggage when they've been to duty free, not being allowed proper rest periods or even to heat their own food up and when theres a delay not even water available for passengers....believe it or not that sort of practice doesnt even go on in the third world.

TSR2
2nd Jan 2012, 23:34
I'm not a Ryanair fan but if you think their work practices are unfair, go work elsewhere - no one is forcing you to work for them.

If, as a passenger you think their Terms and Conditions are unfair, fly with someone else.

mart901
2nd Jan 2012, 23:44
I neither work for them or fly with them, and if you dont like it go elsewhere is the principle ryanair work by. My objection is the fact people think everything should be dusted under the carpet just becuse they bring passenger volume into random places. Growth should not be at any cost, surely.

fmgc
3rd Jan 2012, 00:13
I neither work for them or fly with them, and if you dont like it go elsewhere is the principle ryanair work by

But it doesn't change the fact that if you don't like the T&Cs then don't work for them!

Love them or hate them, many people do work for them and don't leave! Why?

mart901
3rd Jan 2012, 04:25
In any company good or bad you will get people who stay, whether thats because they are happy or because they just put up with things, but the issue at large is that their cabin crew get bulied out or their contracts terminated on the 11th month to make way for the next batch who pay out for everything, its a recruitment scam. How many people would know that before they enter training? Thats why people should protest, the public should be made aware.

FR-
3rd Jan 2012, 05:30
not being allowed proper rest periods or even to heat their own food up and when theres a delay not even water available for passengers

I have the rest required under EU-OPs, maybe you should go speak to some of the BA Mixed Fleet crews. (I did a flight a few years ago, it was a 6 sector day and the crew needed a bite to eat and drink, so after the service I told my crew to go down the back and have a rest and forget about the lotto cards, I was questioned about this and told them the reason and everything was fine).

We can use the ovens and I dont know of any crew that do not use them, only thing that ryanair does bang on about is, to make sure we use oven bags to keep them clean and safe.

And I think you will find the crews can open the bars to sell soft drinks with a long delay.

About the union thing, we all now ryanair does not want them, but still we only need 50% plus 1. Any crew member can be in a union, more crew than you think are in a union, some bases more than others STN is a good example.

fireflybob
3rd Jan 2012, 05:51
About the union thing, we all now ryanair does not want them, but still we only need 50% plus 1. Any crew member can be in a union, more crew than you think are in a union, some bases more than others STN is a good example.

And then there was the threat to close bases if pilots there voted for union recognition.......so no "bullying" tactics in Ryanair?

FR-
3rd Jan 2012, 06:47
I know what your saying bob,

fr-

frfly
3rd Jan 2012, 08:26
Do your job....work hard....get rewarded well...cabin crew genuinely know this. Mess about; have lates, no shows unexplained sick days contract will be terminated.

Yes recruitment is very much part of business, however maybe these young 18 year olds that dream of being a trolley dolley should do
some research into the company and it's procedures before applying and paying for training. If you want to hand out hot towels apply for BA. If you want to come to work and really work ie be part of a successful business focussed and safety, punctuality and sales then join Ryanair.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but my personal Ryanair career has been nothing but generally positive.

FR-
3rd Jan 2012, 12:01
Well said flyfr, I would love to go fly for BA but the wages for mixed fleet would mean me taking a pay cut. Ryanair has looked after me well so far, good staff travel, blue tickets aswell. I have crew moaning about being sacked, but then you ask why, oh I only had 3 sick days, a few lates no shows, bad grooming . . . . For those of us in the company, we all know some crew who have done really well and worked up the ladder fast.

I have just had several new crew come for sny flights, and i told them the same as what my trainner told me years ago, 'come in, do your job well, and do what your asked to do, and you wont have any problems'. I was lucky and after 6 months I was given a Ryanair contract.

Can I just add, about paying for the trainning, over a year you are given a new joiners bonus of £1000, which will go towards paying for it. Plus after a year your given £20 per month to the up keep on your uniform.

fr-

Facelookbovvered
3rd Jan 2012, 14:00
FR I think what worries me about the uniform issue is that you must go away thinking Have I just paid the cost for the uniform or is there a Ryanair margin on top that I'm paying for? No doubt some would say any margin is part of the cost of sourcing handling and so on, but I think items such as these are just part of the cost of conducting business.

Having said all that I do understand that given the transient nature of cabin crew paying out hundreds of euros for uniforms for people who might not turn up next week.

MOL has not just thought the unthinkable but go on and done it, 20 years ago the work practices(some of them at least) would have been thought unworkable, whether we've gone forward in employment terms I will leave that judgement to others....

smith
3rd Jan 2012, 15:28
But it doesn't change the fact that if you don't like the T&Cs then don't work for them!

Most people have mortgages and kids etc to take care of. In fact most of the population probably would love to quit their job's but can't due to financial commitments, so stop being so damned flippant!!!!

racedo
3rd Jan 2012, 18:36
Well racedo, as ryanair dont have the guts to allow any trade unions into the business do you not think people have a right to campaign against unfair working practices in another way?

Will wait and see the big unions supporting this protest but it won't happen.

racedo
3rd Jan 2012, 18:38
Most people have mortgages and kids etc to take care of. In fact most of the population probably would love to quit their job's but can't due to financial commitments, so stop being so damned flippant!!!!

Make your minds up:rolleyes:

First its Ryanair pay so badly that staff are destitute............which means they couldn't get a mortgage in the 1st place to worry about, now its they can't quit their jobs because of their financial commitments.

Skipness One Echo
3rd Jan 2012, 20:01
As Ryanair grows across Europe and the number of Brookfield contractors grows as does the number of Eastern European girls and boys buying their own uniforms etc. The consequence of this is that more and more businesses move closer to the Ryanair business model, which in laymens terms means poorer Ts & Cs for the staff.
On the upside I can fly to Byzodgowoffski for much less so I'm alright, for the moment..... In other news, Iberia are farming off the future of short haul to Iberia Expresss where the Ts and Cs will be worse, just as BA have to introduce mixed fleet after battering BASSA. They're all part of the same race to the bottom alas.

mart901
3rd Jan 2012, 22:34
This type of thing happened in shipping with crew jobs being farmed out to overseas contractors and ships being re-flagged. However, the EU, whilst I don't like a fair percentage of its doings are very driven on employee rights and sooner or later I think they may very well start to tackle the matter. I've no wish to see LCC's stradled with national airline style strikes, but I think its essential their staff whether agency or directly employed are looked after and represented, otherwise they are wide open to exploitation. I also think if Ryanair and any other carrier are to carry on in such a manner they must expect groups like Ryanair Don't Care to make a noise and perhaps damage their image.

smith
4th Jan 2012, 14:19
Make your minds up

First its Ryanair pay so badly that staff are destitute............which means they couldn't get a mortgage in the 1st place to worry about, now its they can't quit their jobs because of their financial commitments.

I know of quite a few FR pilots who have mortgages and hate working for Ryanair but can't just quit because of their financial commitments, unless of course they have a new job to go to. This was the inference of tsr and fmgc, don't like it just quit!!

In any case replace the I retract the "mortgage" from my previous post and replace it with "car loan" as it is well documented FR pilots sleep in their cars in the Dublin Airport carpark :D

racedo
4th Jan 2012, 18:53
In any case replace the I retract the "mortgage" from my previous post and replace it with "car loan" as it is well documented FR pilots sleep in their cars in the Dublin Airport carpark

On DAA airport parking charges the car loan is easily affordable.

jpta2000
4th Jan 2012, 19:39
On the Malta International Airport website, the schedule for the 10th January (available here Malta International Airport (http://maltairport.com/page.asp?p=17190&l=1)), shows a flight FR7301P from Paphos (PFO) to Malta, then 1h 40 mins later leaving as FR7302P to BCN.

Neither of these airports are linked by FR to MLA, and PFO is not even an FR destination (yet??). Rumors about a deal with PFO have been around for several months. Is this a plane carrying some FR executive making some announcement in PFO/MLA?

Thanks. :ok:

Jorik
4th Jan 2012, 20:30
Might be... I heard about the rumour as well :) However, it can also be an chartered flight. That some company chartered an Ryanair-aircraft which is operating with an FR-flightnr. Guess we just have to wait and see! :ok:

frfly
5th Jan 2012, 05:36
PFO is top on the list to become a base...however FR just waiting for a few things to be put in place by the airport in order to sustain the operation.

Could be MOL on the rounds announcing new routes/bases etc for the upcoming summer season.

j636
5th Jan 2012, 14:10
Ryanair's December Traffic Down 5% (http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair-s-december-traffic-down-5-percent)

Chidken Sangwich
5th Jan 2012, 14:14
Now where's that bubble gone... oh I think it may have burst, or have the public finally started voting with their feet?

80 Aircraft parked up should increase the load factor, not decrease it...

Seljuk22
5th Jan 2012, 14:53
2011 in total 76.4 million passengers (+5%) compared to 72.72 million last year.

pabely
5th Jan 2012, 15:53
Traffic was +2% last December, this has got to hit their other income streams as well.

j636
5th Jan 2012, 21:45
So Ryanair only increase passengers by 5% in 2011 and Wizz Air manage to increase passengers by 15%. Would expect Easyjet to post a big increase also. Why can other low cost carriers post good increases and FR so little.

They claim to park 80 aircraft. They recived about 20 new ones this year, so they can't claim they parked more this year compared to last winter as they didn't have them in the fleet to do it last winter. Traffic this winter should be level with last year. If im correct they parked 60 last winter.

Around 100,000 passengers were lost from one base alone last December which were not this December.

Jamie2k9
5th Jan 2012, 23:22
PFO is top on the list to become a base...however FR just waiting for a few things to be put in place by the airport in order to sustain the operation.

Could be MOL on the rounds announcing new routes/bases etc for the upcoming summer season.

Will they announce a base at an airport they have never operated from before. Would expect a few routes but not a base quiet yet.

Malta and FR were talking about a second aircraft being based there this summer so they may do both on Tuesday.

eu01
6th Jan 2012, 05:10
Pax losses... I thought MOL was able to think very clearly and associate facts.:rolleyes:
The level on institutional (un)friendliness towards pax is taking its tall - and I don't mean the flying personnel, obviously. You know it's about time to start doing something to win customers back, don't you? - Why not start with reading the opinions and analysis in this and earlier threads, you'll find many hints and solutions. It's much more than Captcha, just try understand what issues make customers angry and try to change your attitudes, many will return.

FR-
6th Jan 2012, 06:33
Look its simple, MOL told its shares holders that we will no longer run at a loss in the winter anymore, hence we will not fly routes in the winter that do not make money. We have known about the reduction in pax number for months, why make a big deal about it now?

Too many people on this site who think they can run an airline, if you can please come put your money where you mouth is, and not sat at the end of a runway.

frfly
6th Jan 2012, 06:46
Jamie - if I remember correctly it's what we did in BCN. No routes to the airport then suddenly it was a base.

h&s
6th Jan 2012, 07:03
Look its simple, MOL told its shares holders that we will no longer run at a loss in the winter anymore

not simple, but stupid as impossible. Even STN with lots of aircraft parked will never be profitable during the winter, even good bases like CRL or CIA.

We have known about the reduction in pax number for months, why make a big deal about it now?

The surprise is not the PAX number, but the drop in LF. We would not expect this with such a capacity reduction. We just notice since they started their anti-screenscrapping website policy, the no brain airline LFs are not good

Chidken Sangwich
6th Jan 2012, 08:49
EZY figures just out for Dec:

4.13M pax, +13.1%
Load Factor: 85.6%

What happened then FR-?

Jorik
6th Jan 2012, 08:53
frfly is completely right. BCN had no routes and suddenly a base was announced. I wouldn't be surprised when it will be the same case at Paphos. Looking at the interview below, the plans and agreements may already have been signed and Ryanair is just waiting for the right time to announce it...

Interview with Nassos Hadjigeorgiou, manager of the Paphos regional board of tourism early this year:
“We are currently examining a proposal for flights to and from Paphos airport in co-operation with Ryanair.”

He said routes could include Scandinavian countries and Ireland, which currently have no connection but would not affect established destination already operating from Paphos.

Weekly flights could commence from October and see two Ryanair lanes being permanently based at Paphos airport.

Hadjigeorgiou said: “All sectors involved in Paphos are looking at the issue to ensure we use the correct formula, the plans will be finalised in about ten days time to give us ample time to prepare for the commencement of the flights.”

EI-DAC
6th Jan 2012, 14:20
Turin summer flights are not on sale yet. All routes are pre-loaded with same schedule of last summer, but nothing on sale. Local politicians speak about FR base at TRN since a long time, it's not clear if this black out is due to an imminent announcement of the base, or just related to commercial discussions about current contract.

befree
6th Jan 2012, 17:20
4.13M pax, +13.1% Load Factor: 85.6%

It is telling that FR cannot increase load factor even when they cut the weakest routes and lag well behind EZJ in the winter for load factor and income.

Are we going to see 100 planes parked next winter?

racedo
6th Jan 2012, 17:33
The surprise is not the PAX number, but the drop in LF. We would not expect this with such a capacity reduction. We just notice since they started their anti-screenscrapping website policy, the no brain airline LFs are not good

As majority of fares for Dec were sold well before Dec then how would Capchta make a difference ?:ugh::ugh:

What is funny is watching people salivating about Ryanair stating exactly what they intended to do and then doing exactly as they are said.

Funny part is they have done exactly the same over the last number of years in doing what they say they will yet :mad: express shock and horror..............it would be funny if it was not so laughable at the the reaction of the sheeple.

Alycidon
6th Jan 2012, 17:55

4.13M pax, +13.1%
Load Factor: 85.6%

and for RYR

Dec 11 Passengers (m) 1
4.8M -5%

Load Factor 2
79% -1%

When I last checked, 4.8 million was a bigger figure than 4.13 million, and that's with 80 aircraft on the ground.

Would anyone care to work out the pax number of a 149 seat A319 85.6% full and a 189 seat NG 79% full?

OK then, I make it 149.3 pax on the NG (RYR) against 127.6 on the Bus(EZY). As Mr O'Leary himself might say....bolloxology!

Skipness One Echo
6th Jan 2012, 18:44
When I last checked, 4.8 million was a bigger figure than 4.13 million, and that's with 80 aircraft on the ground.

So 80 aircraft parked over the winter and then flown to a VERY busy summer, that's going to even out over time. They're just like Monarch and Britannia in the 80s, flying Scots to the sun then not flying in the winter. The more things change the more things stay the same. The trick being missed is that their aircraft are idle over the winter and not being leased out to other firms who have a busy time in our quiet periods. This strikes me as a missed opportunity given their penny pinching and downright frugal attitude to everything else except maintenance and saftey!

BALLSOUT
6th Jan 2012, 19:04
They don't just park them up for the winter, they make full use of the down time to carry out as much of the maintainance, repainting etc, over the winter period as they can. This allows them to fly the pants off them in the summer.

racedo
6th Jan 2012, 19:35
The trick being missed is that their aircraft are idle over the winter and not being leased out to other firms who have a busy time in our quiet periods. This strikes me as a missed opportunity given their penny pinching and downright frugal attitude to everything else except maintenance and saftey!

Nope the non use of the assets and their rotation makes them last longer which makes sense.

h&s
6th Jan 2012, 20:37
As majority of fares for Dec were sold well before Dec then how would Capchta make a difference ?:ugh::ugh:

Still expect between 30% and 40% of their bookings for december to come from mid-nov ie. when capchta was implemented

h&s
6th Jan 2012, 20:51

Still expect between 30% and 40% of their bookings for december to come from mid-nov ie. when capchta was implemented

jabird
6th Jan 2012, 22:42
Random string of words/letters/symbols - hardly at fault of Ryanair.

Sorry to go back to this, but this is my first pprune session of the year.

Just to point out that the chances of captcha generating Al Qaida randomly are extremely slim, considering the millions of different word combinations, especially if letters are just selected at random. Think 1/26 X 1/26 x .......

As pointed out, these systems aren't new, and rude or controversial phrases can easily be screened out. So I suspect this is either another deliberate Ryanair story (in which case well done), or some rogue technician knowing they can get away with it as their client craves such publicity. I suspect the latter.

DomyDom
6th Jan 2012, 23:42
Jamie2K9,

A little bird tells me somewhere that MAN-SQV is being considered by FR. It would be great if this happens, however is this just wishful thinking? Any views, and if so any approximate timescales for route confirmation would be appreciated? Many Thanks, DomyDom

eastern wiseguy
6th Jan 2012, 23:58
Manchester to Sequim Valley Arpt (SQV) United States....really?

Shed-on-a-Pole
6th Jan 2012, 23:59
Hmmm ... SQV is Sequim Valley, Washington State. Looks nice ... wouldn't mind a flight from Manchester to there! But perhaps you mean Seville ... SVQ?

Jamie2k9
7th Jan 2012, 00:08
Jamie - if I remember correctly it's what we did in BCN. No routes to the airport then suddenly it was a base.

forgot about that one..

A little bird tells me somewhere that MAN-SQV is being considered by FR. It would be great if this happens, however is this just wishful thinking? Any views, and if so any approximate timescales for route confirmation would be appreciated? Many Thanks, DomyDom

Can't say if it will or not but Seville has being dropped from 3 UK airports for next summer but in saying seems to be able to support routes that other airports can't.

The next major news for MAN will most lightly be over the summer. With FR due to base 4 next winter they will need work for the extra two based.

BALLSOUT
7th Jan 2012, 10:07
Love them or hate them, many people do work for them and don't leave! Why?

In my admittedly limited experience of the place I found that the majority of the 'long term' inmates were people who had never worked for any other airline. Many of them reasoned that there was no point in leaving as all companies probably treated their employees in a similar manner....

I am a fairly long term employee and have been in a number of other airlines.
In my experience, the ones who talk about leaving the most are the ones that haven't worked anywhere else and have a "rose tinted view" of what a pilots job should be like.
Before the deluge begins, I am not the company defender, yes things could be much better, especially for the new guys on Brookfield etc. Things would be much better if union recognition etc were to be established, but 99% of the time, I don't find things much different to any other flying job. Solid roster of 5 on 4 off, reasonable money. Not the best, but hardly slave labour, and a new,well equiped and maintained fleet.

widey158
7th Jan 2012, 11:56
Sorry to go back to this, but this is my first pprune session of the year.

Just to point out that the chances of captcha generating Al Qaida randomly are extremely slim, considering the millions of different word combinations, especially if letters are just selected at random. Think 1/26 X 1/26 x .......

As pointed out, these systems aren't new, and rude or controversial phrases can easily be screened out. So I suspect this is either another deliberate Ryanair story (in which case well done), or some rogue technician knowing they can get away with it as their client craves such publicity. I suspect the latter.

Ryanair's Captcha is based on engine run by ReCAPTCHA.net, run by Google.

'Al Qaida' was shown for one simple reason. ReCAPTCHA's goal isn't only to check whether it is human in front of computer screen or a program, but also to help digitalize books. So, the first word (in italic) is based on computer generated word, that confirms the user is a human, and the second word (Al Qaida in that case) is scanned from a book/other textual material. When ReCAPTCHA collects X amount of answers, it can convert these scans to a digital version. Read more: What is reCAPTCHA? (http://www.google.com/recaptcha/learnmore)

If it was not Ryanair, this would be no news. Just another media outlet looking for publicity..

DomyDom
7th Jan 2012, 11:59
Thanks Jamie - and yes it was Seville (sorry for the slip of the keyboard). This should be an interesting year out of MAN as it will be the first full year as a base. Lets hope we build on success.

peppo_8787
7th Jan 2012, 12:36
According to an interview with the management company of Palermo Airport the next Ryanair routes from PMO will open are Dublin and Madrid. They are also in contact to open even Paris-Beauvais and Kaunas

FR8364
7th Jan 2012, 18:13
Ooooh!! I think it could be an interesting and successful route. The route SVQ-LPL of the last years (this year has dropped) was very very successful. But when are going to base this 2 extra aircrafts in MAN?

Thanks very much.

CARNMANORLAD
8th Jan 2012, 09:43
Does anyone know what sort of gaps are left for W Rotations at AGP during Summer 12? Would there be a gap big enough for a trip to the North of Ireland? Just interested as TFS has been cancelled from LDY, therefore i believe a shorter route will be added.

Jorik
8th Jan 2012, 11:14
Why a W rotation? AGP is a Ryanair base, so I can be operated by a AGP-based plane or do I get you wrong? W rotations are for flights between two non-base, like for instance Eindhoven-Ibiza.

Besides this, the full schedule for the planes is not available for consumers, so nobody knows really what space there is left for flights.

CARNMANORLAD
8th Jan 2012, 11:44
Sorry, totally forgot AGP was a base. Some folk on here would know if there are suitable gaps but it looks like its neither of us!

Bengt
8th Jan 2012, 18:32
I was at Beauvais today travelling back home to Sweden after a visit to Disneyland Paris. When I checked in my luggage I happened to see the summary sheet for the check-in staff. The flights to BGY, BCN, NYO, CIA and one more which I do not remember all had more than 180 booked seats. The flight to Bezier Cap d'Agde had 65.... I do not think it will last much longer.
Also, all the more fully booked flights had between 40-60 checked in bags. Not much revenue there.

davidjohnson6
8th Jan 2012, 19:29
Bengt - perhaps Beauvais - Beziers is more suited to being a summer seasonal route ?
Plenty of reasons for people in northern France to go to Beziers in July, but very few by comparison in January

jabird
8th Jan 2012, 20:20
widey158 - thanks for the explanation about CAPTCHAS - I still hate them, but that gives an interesting logic behind their use. Agreed it might have gone un-noticed on another airline or website, but Ryanair thrive on the publicity, so I'm sure MOL is quite happy to help out a few book lovers on the side.

Also, all the more fully booked flights had between 40-60 checked in bags. Not much revenue there.

That sounds quite reasonable to me. MOL's bluster is that he wants people to take as little as possible / be a bus service / load their own bags if they could, so I'm not exactly sure what his target would be for each flight? Many people will pack one bag for 2 people or even a family, so that might translate to 100 pax on a 738 with something in the hold, upto 89 without, so just above 50/50?

I would guess that route planning decisions are based far more on the ancilliaries which can be picked up, rather than baggage - so BZR in the summer should spin out some good Hertz revenue - and that is straight on the bottom line, no baggage handlers to pay. My guess is that in the off season, it is more VFR & 2nd home owners who are much less likely to rent a car.

OntimeexceptACARS
8th Jan 2012, 20:34
On another forum tonight, Ryanair Flight 82LJ (don't know what flight number) squawking 7700 over the North Sea east of Scotland, but has landed at Newcastle, first reports say "crew incapacity". More info welcome, hope the crew are ok.

OltonPete
8th Jan 2012, 20:48
OntimeexceptACARS

Liverpool to Rygge FR9128 in the cruise at 39000ft over the North Sea at 19.58
did a 180 and dropped to about 15000ft by 20.08 before dropping off flightradar24.

Reappeared at 7000ft east of Newcastle at about 20.23.

I have no further information but the replay facility shows it all.

Pete

EI-A330-300
8th Jan 2012, 22:04
from fr site the Liverpool -Rygge flight had a medical diversion to newcastle airport

SWBKCB
9th Jan 2012, 06:50
From Aviation Herald:

A Ryanair Boeing 737-800, registration EI-ENI performing flight FR-9128 from Liverpool,EN (UK) to Oslo Rygge (Norway), was enroute at FL390 over the North Sea about 160nm northeast of Newcastle,EN (UK) when the captain became ill and was unable to continue duties. The first officer declared emergency and diverted to Newcastle descending the aircraft normally. The aircraft landed safely in Newcaste about 40 minutes later.

Passengers reported the crew announced the captain was ill.

EI-ENI switched with the scheduled DUB flight at NCL (EI-DLT) and returned to DUB with 'DLT going on to RYG.

RAT 5
9th Jan 2012, 13:02
7700???? Nothing to do with RYR just curious if it was at ATC's request or if this is SOP for such an event.

PPRuNeUser0176
9th Jan 2012, 18:28
Ryanair to cover carbon scheme at 0.25 euro per seat | Reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/09/uk-ryanair-idUSLNE80802F20120109)

eu01
9th Jan 2012, 20:25
A few routes from Malta to be announced tomorrow; among the new destinations from MLA are Göteborg (GSE), Turin, RYG, Kaunas.

davidjohnson6
9th Jan 2012, 21:25
May not always like FR, but if they are prepared to give a route like Kaunas - Malta a go, then have to admire them

Jamie2k9
9th Jan 2012, 23:07
Turin summer flights are not on sale yet. All routes are pre-loaded with same schedule of last summer, but nothing on sale. Local politicians speak about FR base at TRN since a long time, it's not clear if this black out is due to an imminent announcement of the base, or just related to commercial discussions about current contract.

I'm hearing they can't agree on a new contract. politiciansin Turin want it sorted out ASAP but both can't agree. Think a base can be ruled out at this stage.

alm1
10th Jan 2012, 06:08
May not always like FR, but if they are prepared to give a route like Kaunas - Malta a go, then have to admire themBut it is so typical Ryanair. If it were not and they were after market research and not subsidies they would anounce Kaunas-Croatia routes instead.

Of course still happy about Malta :)

Seljuk22
10th Jan 2012, 08:24
50th Base: Paphos
Ryanair boost (http://www.incyprus.com.cy/en-gb/Top-Stories-News/4342/24938/ryanair-boost)

FR-
10th Jan 2012, 08:27
I was just about to ask about the meeting this morning, I see his plane is on its way to malta. Im sure its going to be a great base and in high demand from the crew.

fr-

pee
10th Jan 2012, 08:54
But it is so typical Ryanair. If it were not and they were after market research and not subsidies they would anounce Kaunas-Croatia routes instead.

I do agree, some research could do miracles for them. For example, both from Malta and Paphos could have been started new routes to anywhere in Finland and it would work even without the "marketing support". But MOL is in a way "man of principles", isn't he? :E

FKB-Freak
10th Jan 2012, 11:49
Plans Ryanair new bases?

FR-
10th Jan 2012, 13:00
Seven new Ryanair routes

Bournemouth, Kaunas, London Stansted, Malmo, Oslo, Turin, and Wroclaw in new Ryanair expansion.

On route to BCN now, not sure if we will get any more routes today at BCN.

fr-

CCFAIRPORT
10th Jan 2012, 15:16
NEW ROUTES FROM GIRONA

Bydgoszcz
Krakow

lfc84
10th Jan 2012, 15:39
Ryanair Adds 7 New Malta Routes in May 2012 (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-adds-7-new-malta-routes-in-may-2012)

Malta to/from:

Bournemouth

Kaunas

London Stn

Malmö

Oslo Ryg

Turin

Wroclaw

Ryanair Hits Big 50 With Base at Paphos (Cyprus) (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-hits-big-50-with-base-at-paphos-cyprus)

Paphos to/from:

Chania

Oslo

Frankfurt Hahn

Patras

Kaunas

Pisa

Krakow

Rome

London

Stockholm

Memmingen

Thessaloniki

Milan

Treviso

Ryanair Adds 19 New Girona Routes From March 2012 (http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-adds-19-new-girona-routes-from-march-2012)

Girona to/from:

Aarhus

Madrid

Bydgoszcz

Malmo

Cagliari

Nador

Cork

Perugia

Doncaster

Poitiers

Dusseldorf

Skelleftea

Gdansk

Stockholm

Ibiza

Thessaloniki

Knock

Turku

Krakow

PPRuNeUser0176
10th Jan 2012, 16:38
A BRIGHT SUMMER AT ALICANTE AIRPORT | Costa Blanca | Leader - News, Sport, Spanish Property, Advertising, Classifieds - Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Calida, Costa de Almeria, Spain (http://www.theleader.info/article/32353/spain/costa-blanca/a-bright-summer-at-alicante-airport/)

Could the ALC reduction be a mistake by Ryanair.

racedo
10th Jan 2012, 19:03

Nope as they do as they say they will do, airports who think they won't find out how wrong they are.

mart901
10th Jan 2012, 19:37
And then EZY grows market share in FR's place

FR-
10th Jan 2012, 20:30
Can you really see easyJet taking on some of the odd ball routes we used to fly out of ALC? Anyway more to Europe than Benidorm, we aint all chavs.

fr-

EI-BUD
10th Jan 2012, 20:34
Can you really see easyJet taking on some of the odd ball routes we used to fly out of ALC? Anyway more to Europe than Benidorm, we aint all chavs.

fr-

That has to be one of the most childish posts I have read on here. And a wild assumption that Benidorm is the big attraction when flying into ALC.

Surprised at a comment like this from you FR

GnRdL
10th Jan 2012, 20:54
A BRIGHT SUMMER AT ALICANTE AIRPORT | Costa Blanca | Leader - News, Sport, Spanish Property, Advertising, Classifieds - Costa Blanca, Costa del Sol, Costa Calida, Costa de Almeria, Spain (http://www.theleader.info/article/32353/spain/costa-blanca/a-bright-summer-at-alicante-airport/)

Vueling also seems to have found a refuge in Alicante. Recently, frequencies have increased significantly to Paris (ORY). With the start of the summer season they will operate 12x/week (compared to 7x/week in 2011) and during the peak season [22-Jun - 17-Sep] the number of frequencies increases to 20x/week (compared to 10x/week in 2011). Also Amsterdam (AMS) will increase during the peak season to 5x/week (1x/w more than 2011).

But who knows what might happen tomorrow...

EI-BUD
10th Jan 2012, 20:59
Ideal situation would be easyJet or Vueling open a base at ALC, with easyJet being the better option given that the brand would be better know around Europe, and given the high proportion of inbound tourism.

I still think we will see FR launch a strong summer schedule. Is it now too late for FR to add flights?

GnRdL
10th Jan 2012, 21:14
I still think we will see FR launch a strong summer schedule. Is it now too late for FR to add flights?
There are some reinforcements for the months of July and August (If I remember well).

Regarding the second question, 15 Jan is the Slot Handback Deadline (to return or cancel slots that airlines don't plan to use). However airlines can always request additional slots after this date if available.

jabird
10th Jan 2012, 23:40
Looking at the route map, EMA & MAN to VLC are shown as year round, but I can't find anything until 26th March out.

For some reason, earliest bookable return is 30th - as all 3 are bases, surely VLC-MAN or EMA would be bookable on the 26th?

Jamie2k9
10th Jan 2012, 23:46
Although the Ryanair route map is supposed to be colour coded its not, as far as I can see the only colour coded routes are DUB-VLC, MRS & OPO-LPL,PSA (as seasonal), DUB-TRN (winter) and STN-BCN (red as special service from UEFA final last year) has yet to be changed to a year round route.

pzu
11th Jan 2012, 00:21
I see they have announced their FIFTIETH base at PFO - basing 2 a/c & talking of a US$140M investment

I take it this US$140M includes the 2 a/c?

Also for the UK flight, which LONDON will be their destination of choice?

PZULBA - Out of Africa (Retired)

jabird
11th Jan 2012, 00:47
I take it this US$140M includes the 2 a/c?

More like $70m is the list price for each aircraft, and that is all they are investing. If the base doesn't work, they take their investment elsewhere, it is a great soundbite for journos who don't question what they are given, but in reality the risk taken is minimal.

Also for the UK flight, which LONDON will be their destination of choice?

I think by default that means STN. PFO not on map yet, but if you try flight search you will see STN as the option.

Jorik
11th Jan 2012, 08:59
Paphos on the routemap now. Searching for flight is possible, but the flight are not loaded into te system yet. During booking it comes up as Paphos International;) To make it sound better :8

500 above
11th Jan 2012, 09:06
Maybe it's because Pafos IS an international airport...

Official Website for Larnaka & Pafos International Airports (http://www.hermesairports.com/?gclid=CM-R_qXcx60CFUJItAod4nuihw)

Jorik
11th Jan 2012, 10:43
Oh, I didn't doubt that. Inter-national.. that makes every Ryanair airport a International Airport right ;)?

500 above
11th Jan 2012, 11:10
Oh, I didn't doubt that. Inter-national.. that makes every Ryanair airport a International Airport right ?

All I can tell you is that PFO most certainly IS an international airport - I operate there and LCA. Europe, Africa, Russia and the middle east served from there.

For what it's worth, if they are serving an airport (even a small regional airport) from another country, don't you think that makes all of RYR's destinations internationally served airports by definition? (Obviously with the exception of the few domestic flights operated by them)

Heathrow is simply London Heathrow, it does not have International in there. I'm sure there are flights outside of the UK from there!

PFO is a great holiday destination popular with Brits, Scandinavians, Russians and others. Cyprus has good onward connections to places further afield. I'm sure it will be a great addition for RYR.

Jorik
11th Jan 2012, 11:47
I agree. In fact we can say that the name International Airport lost it's value a bit.. the name Intercontinental Airport says something nowadays.

Paphos is a very good addition to the Ryanair-network and unfortunately no flight to Eindhoven yet from Paphos. Will be visiting Cyprus for the first time in march, but have to drive to Weeze for my flight to Larnaca..

But still, a lot of options for Paphos with connecting flight (BGY, STN, PSA) :cool:

500 above
11th Jan 2012, 13:31
Transavia and Jetair (TUI) operate to PFO from your region also. It's an easier airport as a pax than LCA to use.

ryansf
11th Jan 2012, 15:31
In fact we can say that the name International Airport lost it's value a bit.. the name Intercontinental Airport says something nowadays.

I disagree - only Houston brands itself as 'Intercontinental', if is said something, wouldn't other airports be doing it? Technically though, even some of the smaller UK regionals could claim to be 'intercontinental' if they had a service to Tunisia, Egypt or Turkey, as many do.

smith
11th Jan 2012, 16:54
only Houston brands itself as 'Intercontinental

Because Houston is the main base/headquarters of Continental Airlines (now United) :O

Jorik
11th Jan 2012, 20:08
Yeah we have Cyprus Airways, Arkefly and transavia.com flying from Amsterdam Schiphol to Paphos, but they operated in a very different price category. Too expensive for my travel addiction :*

That's exactly why I love Ryanair so much. I use transavia.com just during summer break, when they are sometimes cheaper (flying from Amsterdam) then Ryanair from Eindhoven. The rest of the year you find me in Ryanair and Wizz Air planes and occasionally on transavia.com (€35,- for BCN-AMS)

500 above
11th Jan 2012, 20:24
Cyprus Airways stopped the AMS-PFO route. It goes only to LCA now.

jabird
11th Jan 2012, 21:52
Technically though, even some of the smaller UK regionals could claim to be 'intercontinental' if they had a service to Tunisia, Egypt or Turkey, as many do.

And if we wanted to take this to its extreme, you have the domestic intercontinental airports of Ceuta and Melilla :)

Or as Ryanair would say, Gibraltar south, aka Tangier (or should that be Nador) :ugh:

tHOmMY777
12th Jan 2012, 12:54
3 new routes for Bologna:
BLQ-SKG
BLQ-PMI
BLQ-CHQ
and 5th plane based from 25th march

FKB-Freak
12th Jan 2012, 13:50
Plans Ryanair new Routes from Karlsruhe??

Seljuk22
12th Jan 2012, 13:59
5th route to/from LEJ: BGY 3 weekly from the end of March

aer lingus
12th Jan 2012, 14:39
Ryanair to introduce a 25 cent levy on all bookings. This is to counter the Emissions Trading System Tax (ETS) that the EU introduced on the 1st January. Ryanair says the tax will cost passengers between €15-16m per anumn.

PPRuNeUser0176
12th Jan 2012, 15:42
Marseille, Milan BGY & Nantes added from FAO. All two weekly from late March. Think BGY operated before.

Reus still showing as a base on map and EIN-REU not on sale and is it operating next summer and from which base.

Jorik
12th Jan 2012, 16:19
Marseille-Faro operated before as well. When I flew from Faro to Weeze in 2010, the Ryanair plane next to us was flying to Marseille. I remember this, because French ATC was on strike. Surprisingly the Marseille-flight left before us, while we delaying for 2 hours.

j636
12th Jan 2012, 17:22
Liverpool-Girona moved to Barcelona next summer.

gossipboy
12th Jan 2012, 17:26
Edinburgh-Treviso still loaded but not on sale...

Bournemouth Air
12th Jan 2012, 18:10
Bournemouth to
Rhodes and Carcassonne Ryanair
Seen these are now loaded from BOH and actually just announced on BBC South Today. Good news.

McGoonagall
13th Jan 2012, 07:42
The Daily Mash - Ryanair May Be Irish, Say Experts (http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/index.php?Itemid=74&id=1883&option=com_content&task=view)

racedo
13th Jan 2012, 17:46
And next a story from 1999 :rolleyes:

500 above
14th Jan 2012, 10:14
Ryanair's Michael Cawley said that it will be investing $140 million in its operations at Paphos before the routes officially launch in April this year.

$140 million... I doubt this figure. The new PFO terminal didn't even cost near that. It's good news for the airport though.

Also in local news, Wizz Air and Aeroflot to start Pafos flights in the summer.

Aeroflot to launch Paphos flights-Cyprus | Cyprus Holidays Guide | Cyprus Travel Guide | Cyprus Holidays (http://www.cyprusq.com/aeroflot-to-launch-paphos-flights-cyprus/)

virginblue
14th Jan 2012, 13:24
$140 million... I doubt this figure. The new PFO terminal didn't even cost near that.

Never read a Ryanair press release? Their math is simply "cost of a spanking new Boeing 737" x "number of based aircraft" = Ryanair's investment

EI-BUD
14th Jan 2012, 20:37
Question for anybody in the know at Ryanair or close to Ryanair, do you know if Ryanair will launch flights between Dublin and Paris Vatry anytime soon?

Thanks

EI-BUD

PPRuNeUser0176
16th Jan 2012, 15:04
Ryanair would not comment that cockroachs were spotted in the galley area of an aircraft operating ACE-DUB last Wednesday. Must be a first that they refuse to comment..

ericlday
16th Jan 2012, 15:39
What price did they pay for their flights and did they leave a deposit ?

j636
16th Jan 2012, 15:53
What price did they pay for their flights and did they leave a deposit ?

More like did they check in online and have a boarding card at the gate.:D

LGS6753
16th Jan 2012, 19:12
Or MOL is furious he failed to surcharge his pax to fly with the 'zoo'.:}

CCFAIRPORT
19th Jan 2012, 14:26
NEW

Leeds Bradford (LBA) to Barcelona Reus (REU)

eu01
19th Jan 2012, 17:40
For a few weeks almost all routes from Turin were unavailable for bookings after end March. Today the bookings on all routes were resumed. Apparently the ongoing negotiations concerning Ryanair's future in Piedmont region did succeed.

PS. To my knowledge these negotiations were related in part to the financial aspects of the planned new base there. If such an agreement already exists, I'm not sure.

pikkuprinssi
19th Jan 2012, 19:11
There is no new agreement at the moment and Ryanair clearly don't intend to create a new base at TRN for now. The present contract has simply been renewed for 7 more months and after this period of time FR and Piedmont government will probably meet again.
All pre-scheduled flights are on sale again and a new international route is expected to be announced next week.
(= much ado about nothing)

MARKEYD
19th Jan 2012, 22:08
Extra flight to Faro on a Sunday now up to 4 a week and Palma on a Tuesday now up to 6 a week , very good news for Bournemouth with 44 flights a week operating now in the summer to 16 destinations

Is this the most destinations that Ryanair have operated at anyone time from BOH ?

PPRuNeUser0176
20th Jan 2012, 11:08
Petition demands return of Ryanair Ibiza winter subsidy - www.travelweekly.co.uk (http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2012/01/20/39364/petition-demands-return-of-ryanair-ibiza-winter-subsidy.html)

EI-DAC
20th Jan 2012, 19:21
TRN will not be FR base, at least untill S13.

eu01
22nd Jan 2012, 15:14
Knowing Ryanair, playing a prophet is fun and quite easy. Can I?

Listen! My prediction is: FR will soon reduce its routes from Alghero, I wouldn't rule out the closure of the base there and stopping all routes. I'd say, it's likely to happen pretty soon.

What am I pertaining to?

Well, is has emerged that the airport will be unable to fulfill its commitment to pay the agreed marketing support amounting to 11 € per passenger. The President of the Region of Sardinia has just decided to reduce his contribution by 5,500,000 euros. As the consequence, the support for Ryanair would reduce by half. It's a very recent move, so Ryanair might be yet unaware of that. But predicting the typical reaction of MOL, what else decision could possibly be taken?

mart901
22nd Jan 2012, 15:17
But of course state aid to flag carriers is another matter in MOL book.....

Jamie2k9
22nd Jan 2012, 23:09
Knowing Ryanair, playing a prophet is fun and quite easy. Can I?

Listen! My prediction is: FR will soon reduce its routes from Alghero, I wouldn't rule out the closure of the base there and stopping all routes. I'd say, it's likely to happen pretty soon.

What am I pertaining to?

Well, is has emerged that the airport will be unable to fulfill its commitment to pay the agreed marketing support amounting to 11 € per passenger. The President of the Region of Sardinia has just decided to reduce his contribution by 5,500,000 euros. As the consequence, the support for Ryanair would reduce by half. It's a very recent move, so Ryanair might be yet unaware of that. But predicting the typical reaction of MOL, what else decision could possibly be taken?

Think FR were going to close the base in October 2010 but they didn't in the end.

ssflyer
23rd Jan 2012, 11:35
Been away from a pc for three weeks (GF not FR) so apologies if this has been covered.
Applying for the prepaid card does not work on Firefox,only on Explorer or Crome.
Found this to my frustration after 6 attempts and a call the the Help line.

eu01
23rd Jan 2012, 17:49
Italy

For the first time Ryanair has been sentenced by the Italian judge whose decision will be immediately executable in Ireland. It's possible due to the new EC regulation establishing a European Small Claims Procedure (No 861/2007).

Unfortunately, this first case has been, in my opinion, a very dubious one. Ryanair will have to pay compensation to three Italian passengers following to the eruption of the Icelandic volcano; they'll get 750 € each for paying for overnights and the cost of organizing an alternative travel.

Poland

Tomorrow MOL is expected to visit the site of Ryanair's first Polish base, Wroclaw. Unless announcing the basing of a second plane there (unlikely), I wouldn't expect any sensations.

Jamie2k9
23rd Jan 2012, 22:38
Wouldn't suprise me if WRO got a second aircraft.

pee
24th Jan 2012, 09:12
Interesting. Ryanair returns to Budapest. The new routes are from Bristol, Dublin, Birmingham, London (STN), Bologna. STN 4xweek, other routes 2xweek, starting end March.

Why returning? "We are the only cheap airline, in contrast to easyJet and WizzAir. Even worse, Malev has financial problems", said MOL in Budapest today.

PPRuNeUser0176
24th Jan 2012, 09:23
Cant se dub staying at 2 weekly. There were operating at 5 weekly before they left bud and flights were always full. Can we expect prague next

pee
24th Jan 2012, 10:14
Here we go. MOL with Hungarian girls. http://www.mixonline.hu/System/Articles/Images/9f5b42f1-b5ec-49f4-bca7-4befd5a19bd4.jpg

In both Prague and Budapest there were projects to build low-cost airports near the capital cities. "Alba" airport to the West of Budapest and "Vodochody" North of Prague. The Hungarian project has failed, as far as I know. Vodochody is still struggling, but could be up and running not earlier than 2014/2015.