PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Jet2 4 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/466290-jet2-4-a.html)

LEEDS APPROACH 30th May 2015 18:04

Jet2 LBA Summer 2016
 
This is the first time since the airline started at LBA that a new destination for the following Summer season (2016) from LBA has not been announced (as of yet) in the timetable.

HOODED 30th May 2015 19:06


Originally Posted by LEEDS APPROACH (Post 8994935)
This is the first time since the airline started at LBA that a new destination for the following Summer season (2016) from LBA has not been announced (as of yet) in the timetable.

Is this because they're getting ready to announce the growth from Leeds East next year then? Do tell....

bluepilot 30th May 2015 21:38

Spot, take it from people who really KNOW, you are wrong.

spottilludrop 30th May 2015 22:30

Really ..So the aircraft was not in a very poor state and monarch who have been maintaining the 757 since the early 1980,s and are the company who Jet 2 had to turn to when the CAA almost grounded the jet2 757 fleet due to poor maintenance just cocked up ....mmmm

Check Mags On 30th May 2015 22:34

Spot
 
It's starting to get embarrassing now spot.
You do not know the facts. :ugh:

Monarch made a really good professional job of the repair and then made a right royal boo boo. It was only at this point did Boeing get involved.
I suggest your source goes away and checks his facts.

Johnny [email protected] Pants 31st May 2015 08:43

We all know that the aeroplane is relatively old, and that by the time it gets to the stage where it has to go for heavy maintenance that it will be ready for some TLC, I suggest that when most aeroplanes go for their heavy maintenance, regardless of age that they are ready for it.

So, Spot, some of what you say regarding AA might well be close to being correct, but as with all these types of things, by the time the Chinese whisper gets as far as you it's turned from a routine bit of corrosion to an airframe under risk! All repairable, as was evidently completed, but believe me, and Check Mags On and Bluepilot, somebody at Monarch made a huge error that almost rendered the aeroplane irreparable, and only after Boring had been involved, and extra weeks in the hangar is it now back out earning a living. I feel sure that Monarch will be having to make some rather large compo payments for the error. Now I'm not having a dig at Monarch maintenance, they have a fabulous reputation, and usually do a great job, they fouled up big time on this one though, but we all make mistakes don't we?

spottilludrop 31st May 2015 14:17

JFP We will have agree to disagree then , As said my source works for jet 2 so cannot see any reason he would over egg the pudding so to speak ,However main thing is the plane is hopefuly good for plenty more flying and will hopefuly provide jet 2 with reliable safe service over the coming months
Im actually flying with jet 2 to corfu later this month so who knows i may have the pleasure of flying on her.

Check Mags On 31st May 2015 14:23

Spottillyoudrop
 
There has been at least three people on here all who work for Jet2 all told you that your relative is incorrect.
Have sent you a PM too Spot.

Jet2_738 31st May 2015 15:05

G-GDFH Tech
 
It appears that G-GDFH, Boeing 737-300WL has gone tech down in DBV, after operating service LS569 from NCL. G-LSAC is currently en route as EXS045A from MAN to pick up the passengers. G-GDFH was scheduled to operate services LS533/4 to PMI this afternoon, however, as to avoid delays on this service also, G-CELG has positioned to NCL as EXS048A to take the service. :ok:

Edit (19:00): G-GDFH is now back in the air as EXS047A.

EK77WNCL 1st Jun 2015 00:42

I'm assuming G-LSAC has left NCL now?

GEB74 1st Jun 2015 11:39

Spotilludrop has previous on this forum chaps (don't bother denying it)
Can't quite bring my brain to remember all his previous monikers, one was Topspotter if you want to look back at his previous sh*te, but he was either banned or changed I.D under his own volition a few years ago.
Somebody with a better memory might remember more.........
In his previous incarnation, he was a vicious Jet2 slagger and a Spotty M love in merchant.
Was previously always questioning Jet 2's safety record and aircraft age policy.
You guys inconvenient truth's about Monarch's cocked up (on this occasion) engineering efforts will have really gotten his goat hence the repeated attempts to argue with people who clearly know much better than him.
Don't feed the troll.................

Jet2_738 1st Jun 2015 16:02


I'm assuming G-LSAC has left NCL now?
Yeah, G-LSAC was ferried back to MAN as EXS046A last night.
The aircraft theat went tech in DBV, G-GDFH, is now based at LBA, while we've got G-CELS it its place.

I have noticed that alongside G-POWM leased from ZAP at GLA, we have also had G-POWK at MAN since yesterday, operating under the Channex callsign.

G-POWK was ferried up from STN as EXS041A to MAN yesterday, where it operated LS801/2 from MAN to VCE. It was due to return last night to STN as EXS043A, but somehow didn't and has operated the LS931/2 from MAN-MLA today. Any ideas as to why she is still at MAN? :ok:

Skipness One Echo 1st Jun 2015 16:53


Somebody with a better memory might remember more.........
Spotilludrop=kevlarkarl = simonchowder = walterthesofty

He's been banned more than once.

Brigantee 1st Jun 2015 17:47

Any news on the story Jet2 are buying a hangar at MAN?

Jet2_738 1st Jun 2015 18:52

Jet2 Manchester Airport Hangar
 

Originally Posted by Brigantee (Post 8997119)
Any news on the story Jet2 are buying a hangar at MAN?

As far as I am aware, there are currently no hangars up for sale at MAN. In fact, the only hangar for sale in the entire MAG Group is at Hangar 29 at EMA: Property Search - MAG Property: Office, Warehouse & Logistics Property in the UK

The hangar at EMA is 114,000 sq ft, and can accommodate up to 5 737-800's in at a time for maintenance. The hangar can also accommodate 757s for maintenance. It is specifically designed for MRO ops, and of course is located at one of Jet2's bases. It also claims that the hangar has previously, and can fit a 767 in, by positioning the tail outside. Other than MAN, I believe this is the biggest hangar on Jet2's base network.

I am not saying that Jet2 are going to buy this hangar, but think if they were to purchase one, this one would be the most viable :ok:

Jet2_320 1st Jun 2015 18:58

Does anybody know why the Tunisia-Manchester (Enfidha) flight was delayed yesterday morning?

Jet2_738 1st Jun 2015 19:04


Does anybody know why the Tunisia-Manchester (Enfidha) flight was delayed yesterday morning?
Flight number? Was it LS940? As far as I am aware, if you are referring to LS940, on 31/05/15, it departed 24 mins late, and arrived 10 mins late at 14:40BST into MAN. Slight delay, likely caused by pax slow boarding, baggage handlers slow putting bags on, refuelling taking longer than expected etc. Minutes here and there do add up :ok:

----------

G-GDFW operating service LS561 from NCL-DLM has diverted to PRG this evening, no change in squawk. It is now back en route to DLM so an offload at PRG. Does anyone know why?

Jet2_738 1st Jun 2015 19:36

Jet2 Add New Seasonal Routes for 2015
 
Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks Have Christmas Markets Wrapped Up! | Jet2.com


Jet2 News Article (see above):

Jet2.com and Jet2CityBreaks are already spreading some festive cheer with the launch today of their biggest ever range of Christmas market breaks for 2015, with TWO stunning new destinations, Berlin and Copenhagen, plus the return of Vienna.
In total, there will be 8 addtional flights over the winter 2015 city break. The flights are mainly focussed on NCL and LBA, but 2 of the 8 flights will be from BFS and GLA.

The Christmas Break addition is as follows: Blue = 737-800 | Red = 737-300

Berlin SXF:

LS4067 Newcastle, Fri 04 Dec - Sun 06 Dec 2015
LS4059 Leeds Bradford, Fri 04 Dec - Sun 06 Dec 2015

Copenhagen CPH:

LS4069 Newcastle, Fri 11 Dec - Sun 13 Dec 2015
LS4041 Leeds Bradford, Fri 11 Dec - Sun 13 Dec 2015

Vienna VIE:

LS4055 Newcastle, Fri 27 Nov - Sun 29 Nov 2015
LS4049 Leeds Bradford, Fri 27 Nov - Sun 29 Nov 2015
LS4039 Belfast, Fri 04 Dec - Sun 06 Dec 2015
LS4045 Glasgow, Fri 04 Dec - Sun 06 Dec 2015

The additions were added following the launch of Jet2CityBreaks, a subsidiary of Jet2holidays, distinguishing the Beach from the City. It marks the biggest ever range of Christmas market breaks adding brand new destinations Berlin, and Copenhagen, never before seen on the Jet2 map :ok:

Brigantee 1st Jun 2015 21:10

Brill destination Berlin good on jet 2

Honiley 2nd Jun 2015 09:48


Any ideas as to why she is still at MAN?
Well, basically, it's due to a VERY out-dated, freight mentality business model and an out-dated CEO with marginal people management skills adding up to be one of the worst airlines to be employed by in the UK in both terms and culture, creating massive staff turnover and with an ageing, unreliable fleet and minimum crew numbers somewhat exposes the program! The word is certainly out on Jet2 and attracting quality experience with type-ratings is a thing of the past, hence the training department is also creaking at the seams!

Huge expense in crew logistics, more roster disruption to already appalling rosters, and we all know how expensive Titan Airways are.

When the arrogance of those running this company subsides and they stop believing they are re-inventing the wheel and think they are something special, it may just have a future...it's confirming it's just a poor 'number 4' in the UK...

Summer 2015 is going to be bad for them...and this is before the big Norwegian and Ryanair push in 2016/17...

Everyone I know that left my company are now looking to leave...

Brigantee 2nd Jun 2015 11:00

The problem of the fleet which is admittedly old and tatty will be adressed by the big announcement coming soon.

snowman 1 2nd Jun 2015 11:10

jet2
 
hi brigantee
re jet2 fleet
old yes but tatty I don't think so,travel a lot with jet2 and not had a tatty one yet.
sm1

Brigantee 2nd Jun 2015 11:54

I think it varies a fair bit some aircraft have recently been completely overhauled and are like new inside , A fair others however are looking a bit tired, Anyway the new fleet will address these issues

snowman 1 2nd Jun 2015 12:01

jet2
 
is the new fleet going to happen or is it just a wind up? aircraft type? and how many, what have you heard.
regards
sm1

Brigantee 2nd Jun 2015 12:08

As FAIK its true, Bottom line is they cannot carry on much longer with the old fleet, It must be very costly to operate a fleet so old with all the increased associated costs fuel , Engineering , delays and so on

Facelookbovvered 2nd Jun 2015 14:10

New fleet
 
Well i assume by new they/you mean an order for new build equipment ? just what are the lead times on new build 737/A320's ? When ZB placed their order nearly a year ago the delivery date was 2018+

I think most of the 737 production is sold out until the Max comes on line in 2017

If they are leasing from a lessor then they will need to fly their socks of year around, not something the current business model allows for and not something that can be done from most of their Northern bases except perhaps Manchester

A mixed fleet will only add to their rostering issues

Brigantee 2nd Jun 2015 18:49

Maybe your right however how much longer can they carry on with the fleet as it is ? Maybe the current business model needs to change

Facelookbovvered 2nd Jun 2015 19:04

Brigantee
 
I think the problem is how can you change the business model from the airports that they operate from, put simply there are no routes that will support year round high frequency city pairs from the likes of LBA/NCL/EMA

They can't support daily AGP in winter from LBA

Ivan aromer 2nd Jun 2015 19:10

Winter routes
 
FLB.

However a thrice weekly NCE would work all year round. The daily EZY from LPL does it with many pax from the MAN catchment area.

BasilFawlty 2nd Jun 2015 19:16

And who says EZY is making money with such routes? Both pax numbers and yields are rubbish in the winter season, if there was really some money in it Jet2 would have already operated them. But they don't until so far, and that's probably for a good reason.

HOODED 3rd Jun 2015 09:56


Originally Posted by BasilFawlty (Post 8998447)
And who says EZY is making money with such routes? Both pax numbers and yields are rubbish in the winter season, if there was really some money in it Jet2 would have already operated them. But they don't until so far, and that's probably for a good reason.

Maybe they could go for a small new leased fleet for the routes they currently run in year round.They could then keep the owned NGs which are parked in winter and retire the older 752/ 733s and older NGs. That wouldn't require too much of a tweak to the business model......just a thought.

zfw 3rd Jun 2015 11:28

Privilege
 
Just had the misfortune to fly on this cattle truck. The seats are so close together that i could not sit straight throught the entire 4 hour flight, and the seat rests extended ro somewhere from mid back to my neck therefore could not lean back neither. I am only 6 foot tall, this thing is designed to carry people of the stature of about 5ft 6 its a disgrace. There were a lot of complaints from pax ref this on the flight, when trying to disembark the gap is so narrow that it is impossible to stand up straight. Apart from the misery of my return flight which is bound to be on this crate,this will be the last time i and my family will be travelling on Jet2, Easyjet feels like first class compared to this.
zfw

nonfrequentflyer_NCL 3rd Jun 2015 13:14


Originally Posted by zfw (Post 8999149)
Just had the misfortune to fly on this cattle truck. The seats are so close together that i could not sit straight throught the entire 4 hour flight, and the seat rests extended ro somewhere from mid back to my neck therefore could not lean back neither. I am only 6 foot tall, this thing is designed to carry people of the stature of about 5ft 6 its a disgrace. There were a lot of complaints from pax ref this on the flight, when trying to disembark the gap is so narrow that it is impossible to stand up straight. Apart from the misery of my return flight which is bound to be on this crate,this will be the last time i and my family will be travelling on Jet2, Easyjet feels like first class compared to this.
zfw

Odd that as a few mates had been on that plane recently (rugby players so quite big lads) & when asked how the flight was all replied 'spot on'.

I also know some spurs fans who flew into Newcastle on it and they had no complaints.

Swings n roundabouts, isn't it.

EK77WNCL 3rd Jun 2015 13:51

I think it's quite common for people to over dramatise their experiences in the heat of the moment when they come straight to the forum to complain. I bet you'll be back on Jet2 again next year! :ok: (bearing in mind you didn't actually fly jet2)

Jet2_738 3rd Jun 2015 15:58


Originally Posted by zfw (Post 8999149)
Just had the misfortune to fly on this cattle truck. The seats are so close together that i could not sit straight throught the entire 4 hour flight, and the seat rests extended ro somewhere from mid back to my neck therefore could not lean back neither. I am only 6 foot tall, this thing is designed to carry people of the stature of about 5ft 6 its a disgrace. There were a lot of complaints from pax ref this on the flight, when trying to disembark the gap is so narrow that it is impossible to stand up straight. Apart from the misery of my return flight which is bound to be on this crate,this will be the last time i and my family will be travelling on Jet2, Easyjet feels like first class compared to this.
zfw

https://sites.google.com/site/images...Comparison.png

As much as I do admit that the interior of the Privilege Style is a far cry from that of Jet2, its's not really as bad as what you over dramatise. You say; "this will be the last time i and my family will be travelling on Jet2". The reality is that you didn't fly on a Jet2 aircraft. You were just one of the unlucky ones who ended up on the 'cattle truck'. You really can't judge Jet2 on a plane which yourself you know is leased. If you have before flown with Jet2, you'd know that the slimline seats are designed to increase legroom, more than sufficient for someone 6ft+. You were sat in a 1980's style charter seat - Most of the EZY's that don't have the new seats installed, still have charter style, thick-cushioned seats, which admittedly aren't as comfortable as the new leather recaro ones Jet2 have. Let's hope you actually get on a Jet2 aircraft on your return, and I guarantee your opinion will change then. :=

zfw 3rd Jun 2015 16:03

As ive been working at Man for over 28 years 8 of them as a despatcher, i don,t think i will, when i started out the 757 only held 224 pax not 240 and had 5 toilets and not 3, and was comfortable ive flown on them at least 30 times but this thng is ridiculous there would be no chance of a speedy evac if something did go wrong. And the people around me on the flight thought so too. Very poor Jet2, originally we were booked on the A330 that never transpired, it seems like they want the same amount of people in this thing.
zfw

SWBKCB 3rd Jun 2015 16:07


I also know some spurs fans who flew into Newcastle on it and they had no complaints.
Think you're getting confused with one of the Titan a/c rather than Privilege


The reality is that you didn't fly on a Jet2 aircraft.
Splitting hairs a bit here - bet he was flying on a Jet2 ticket and paid his money to Jet2, if this was a short notice emergency substitution you might have a point but it isn't, so shouldn't be a case of being unlucky - Jet2 should offer a consistent product. :=:=

LiamNCL 3rd Jun 2015 16:20


bet he was flying on a Jet2 ticket and paid his money to Jet2, if this was a short notice emergency substitution you might have a point but it isn't, so shouldn't be a case of being unlucky - Jet2 should offer a consistent product. :=:=
i agree that none of these airlines should be leasing something that doesnt come close or on par to what they offer on their own aircraft ! The prices are the same across the board and no one gets a cheaper holiday for flying on a leased aircraft , End of the day the majority of passengers havent got a clue about leasing aircraft so their experience will if bad will play a part in their next holiday

flyby1 3rd Jun 2015 17:55

The Privilege Style aircraft only has 216 seats on and not 240. Jet2 757's have 235, well most do if not all now.

Jet2_738 3rd Jun 2015 18:50


Originally Posted by flyby1 (Post 8999482)
The Privilege Style aircraft only has 216 seats on and not 240. Jet2 757's have 235, well most do if not all now.

Yeah you're right. The Privilege Style only has 216 seats. All of the Jet2 757-200's are now fitted with 235 new slimline seats :ok:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:21.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.