Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-V2

Old 7th Sep 2022, 15:30
  #561 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Nantgarw
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meanwhile BHX to Geneva has been added to Flybe.com today. Fares are quite low on a lot of dates, unlike the rather extortionate French routes.
southamptonavgeek is online now  
Old 7th Sep 2022, 15:43
  #562 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the M4
Posts: 328
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That looks like a sensible move to get some of the ski trade. I never understood why it was dropped previously when BACon came onboard. GVA always seemed like a good option if the Orange monster could be avoided.
biddedout is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2022, 15:44
  #563 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 917
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by biddedout View Post
That looks like a sensible move to get some of the ski trade. I never understood why it was dropped previously when BACon came onboard. GVA always seemed like a good option if the Orange monster could be avoided.
As you say seems sensible. I wonder if it could follow from SOU and elsewhere?

How does the Q400 handle baggage like ski bags. Can it take them all or do you get bags left behind etc ?
BA318 is online now  
Old 7th Sep 2022, 15:51
  #564 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 380
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318 View Post
As you say seems sensible. I wonder if it could follow from SOU and elsewhere?

How does the Q400 handle baggage like ski bags. Can it take them all or do you get bags left behind etc ?
A 2hr sector in a Q400 just doesnít seem right somehow
SKOJB is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2022, 16:25
  #565 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318 View Post
As you say seems sensible. I wonder if it could follow from SOU and elsewhere?

How does the Q400 handle baggage like ski bags. Can it take them all or do you get bags left behind etc ?
Trouble is the "Orange Monster" is well ensconced on GVA/BHX with multiple flights on Saturday and Sunday. BE timings aren't bad, and I would imagine that in reality the flight time may be somewhat less than two hours.

For accommodating ski bags perhaps a big "Thule" box for the roof!!! (Only joking)
ATNotts is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2022, 16:44
  #566 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 380
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts View Post
Trouble is the "Orange Monster" is well ensconced on GVA/BHX with multiple flights on Saturday and Sunday. BE timings aren't bad, and I would imagine that in reality the flight time may be somewhat less than two hours.

For accommodating ski bags perhaps a big "Thule" box for the roof!!! (Only joking)
You wonít get much change out of 2hrs from BHX! As for GVA from SOU, this will have to wait until a based aircraft is at the airport from March next year
SKOJB is offline  
Old 7th Sep 2022, 17:50
  #567 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: North of the M4
Posts: 328
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Embraer Ski flights from INV to GVA seemed very popular with the locals. Lots of Ski owners up there who couldn't quite get the full powder buzz at Aviemore.
biddedout is offline  
Old 10th Sep 2022, 18:01
  #568 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Nantgarw
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airsouthwest View Post
It puts Flybe massively behind it's competitors in making itself accessible. I would have thought it would be as high up the agenda as getting more Q400s delivered.
How exactly far behind would it put them considering that their website seems to be completely mobile-friendly? I am not a technologically minded person so am I missing something here?
southamptonavgeek is online now  
Old 10th Sep 2022, 20:12
  #569 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 466
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by southamptonavgeek View Post
How exactly far behind would it put them considering that their website seems to be completely mobile-friendly? I am not a technologically minded person so am I missing something here?
Not at all. I agree entirely. If an app were that important, flybe would have one by now. With a mobile friendly website, this isnít as high a priority. I agree that itís important in time, but its not that important right now and clearly isnít a barrier to people booking
JobsaGoodun is online now  
Old 10th Sep 2022, 21:54
  #570 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 917
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iím often accused of hating Flybe (which I donít) but I have to agree with the others. Why do they need an app?

Their website works perfectly well on a mobile. They donít have a frequent flyer scheme or similar so no other real reason to need an app.

Iíd say the lack of frequent flyer scheme or ability to use another is holding them back more than lack of app especially when up against IAG on routes from Belfast.
BA318 is online now  
Old 11th Sep 2022, 10:19
  #571 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318 View Post
Iím often accused of hating Flybe (which I donít) but I have to agree with the others. Why do they need an app?

Their website works perfectly well on a mobile. They donít have a frequent flyer scheme or similar so no other real reason to need an app.

Iíd say the lack of frequent flyer scheme or ability to use another is holding them back more than lack of app especially when up against IAG on routes from Belfast.
Apps can offer better user experience and ability for the company to personalize (read sell). App very important when the customer will value things like notifications. Very valuable for a business like an airline.
Mrbonfire is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2022, 11:07
  #572 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 2,594
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrbonfire View Post
Apps can offer better user experience and ability for the company to personalize (read sell). App very important when the customer will value things like notifications. Very valuable for a business like an airline.
Perhaps a generational thing, but I don't generally miss apps if they aren't available, and have found myself removing some because they simply aren't worth the memory consumption on my phone. Among those are transport apps such as The NET Trams (Nottingham) app and both Cross Country and EMR rails apps.

Due to my "fat fingers" I find phones tiresome devices for making important transactions such as booking flights, hotels and train travel as its all too easy to hit the wrong date and wind up as I did this summer turning up for a hotel reservation I had inadvertently made for the previous night!

I guess I am in the minority, but an airline not having an app is not a deal breaker. Not having aeroplanes, not having crews and the like are far more relevant.
ATNotts is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2022, 17:18
  #573 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 917
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airsouthwest View Post
I agree with you. However there are reports of people not being able to get the website to work for check in etc. It's just my preference to have an app with everything on my phone, boarding pass downloaded to my apple wallet instead of having to carry around a paper one or scramble through my emails/downloads to find it. Having done it that way with BA/Aer Lingus it just makes the entire journey seamless.

With more people than ever having smart phones now I would have thought having an app would be a big thing as most people use that instead of going through websites these days especially for short regional flights. Long Haul I would imagine is different as people tend to plan more in advance.
Surely the answer then is they should have a functioning website? Thatís a bigger problem than not having an app.
BA318 is online now  
Old 11th Sep 2022, 18:58
  #574 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Nantgarw
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airsouthwest View Post
However there are reports of people not being able to get the website to work for check in etc.
I seem to recall reading similar reports in April and May when the airline was still very recently launched. Are these issues still ongoing?
southamptonavgeek is online now  
Old 12th Sep 2022, 20:32
  #575 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 541
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SeanM1997 on Twitter suggesting Flybe about to launch BHD-IOM-LHR. They do seem very keen on picking fights with other airlines wherever they can!
Albert Hall is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2022, 20:34
  #576 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 7,088
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doesn't the LM IOM-LHR flight have IOM govt support? and what slots would this use?
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 13th Sep 2022, 15:40
  #577 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 710
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are Flybe still wet leasing aircraft in to undertake the flying program ???
fjencl is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2022, 16:25
  #578 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 690
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The BHD IOM bit I can totally get.
Alteagod is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2022, 16:56
  #579 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 908
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB View Post
Doesn't the LM IOM-LHR flight have IOM govt support? and what slots would this use?
My guess is LM cease and Flybe start next day.
IOMG will just put out a PR about LM making their other services more resilient
lfc84 is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2022, 17:30
  #580 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 917
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lfc84 View Post
My guess is LM cease and Flybe start next day.
IOMG will just put out a PR about LM making their other services more resilient
Would the IOM really want that? The Loganair service at least has a BA codeshare allowing easier connections. I also assume some kind of deal was signed regarding the Loganair support so I canít see them just pulling off for no reason to allow Flybe a free ride.
BA318 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.