Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Joining Ryanair

Old 2nd May 2019, 16:12
  #401 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Anywhere and nowhere
Posts: 81
Full_blast, thank you so much for taking time to answer all our questions, it's very helpful!
Not the answer I wanted to hear, as in my personal case I will end up paying a lot more taxes than if I had a full local contract. Hopefully things will change...
Newcomer2 is offline  
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:29
  #402 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPAIN
Age: 38
Posts: 397
As other colleague said. THE PARADISE 🤣
samca is offline  
Old 11th May 2019, 07:45
  #403 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Europe JAA
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by Full_blast View Post


I know, and I answered.

Again, the answer to your question is NO.

The only thing you get in Spain is P/L with the conditions I told you.

Hopefully after this new things will change:

https://www.eleconomista.es/empresas...-espanola.html
aircowboy is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 07:59
  #404 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Nirvana
Posts: 12
Anyone got a start date who did the assessment in April?
BeGuidedAccordingly is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 11:09
  #405 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 34
Brexit and UK bases

Anyone able to confirm whether Brexit uncertainty means UK licenced cadets are getting UK bases?

Thanks,

RL
rogue leader is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 15:05
  #406 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: everywhere
Posts: 68
From talking to friends who joined recently, they all have had to change the State of Licence issue to the IAA.
I would imagine that will stay the same regardless.
Antonio Montana is offline  
Old 17th May 2019, 00:50
  #407 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 848
I don't think so, just yet. Recruitment has probably slowed down due to the MAX issues. The MAX was expected to enter into service in April if I am not wrong. Once (and if) the MAX will be re-certified to fly again in Europe recruitment at Ryanair will open again.
Banana Joe is online now  
Old 17th May 2019, 09:19
  #408 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dublin
Posts: 18
Hi Guys and Girls, we have have had tremendous success over the last 18 months hiring hiring 400+ Captains from across the globe, with many airlines going out of business including Germania, Primera, Privitair, WOW etc and base closures from Norwegian there was been a solid supply, as a result we have front loaded our Captain recruitment for this year. With new t's and c's, local contracts and very limited hiring elsewhere, we have very low attrition rates. We have no further plans to recruit Non-Type Rated Captains, we will commence recruitment again for Rated Captains in early 2020 for summer 2020 courses. Thanks to everyone who has been to one of our roadshows and met us over the last year. We will continue to hire First officers and cadets and our sister Airline Lauda Motion have open captain opportunities available for both rated and non-rated captains and this will be updated on our website accordingly.
Ryanairrecruitment is offline  
Old 17th May 2019, 20:13
  #409 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 31
I applied in February, and not heard anything yet, I have 2 friends that applied and got called the day after.
Ryanair is my top priority but I don't know what's wrong..
Thanks
IFLYyouBREATH is online now  
Old 18th May 2019, 16:53
  #410 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPAIN
Age: 38
Posts: 397
Originally Posted by Ryanairrecruitment View Post
Hi Guys and Girls, we have have had tremendous success over the last 18 months hiring hiring 400+ Captains from across the globe, with many airlines going out of business including Germania, Primera, Privitair, WOW etc and base closures from Norwegian there was been a solid supply, as a result we have front loaded our Captain recruitment for this year. With new t's and c's, local contracts and very limited hiring elsewhere, we have very low attrition rates. We have no further plans to recruit Non-Type Rated Captains, we will commence recruitment again for Rated Captains in early 2020 for summer 2020 courses. Thanks to everyone who has been to one of our roadshows and met us over the last year. We will continue to hire First officers and cadets and our sister Airline Lauda Motion have open captain opportunities available for both rated and non-rated captains and this will be updated on our website accordingly.
Yeapp, and all this pilots went to Ryanair....
maybe the MAX problem has something to see with?
samca is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 10:50
  #411 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Aviation Street 72
Age: 39
Posts: 166
SKG base

Any info about SKG base? How long should a freshly quilified f/o to wait until getting there?
maximus610 is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 13:04
  #412 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: six micro tesla zone
Age: 28
Posts: 383
Would it be safe to say that a STN FO, once 500hrs+ and upgraded from the cadet contract, would get 4000 net per month?
MaverickPrime is offline  
Old 29th May 2019, 17:30
  #413 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palmas
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by MaverickPrime View Post
Would it be safe to say that a STN FO, once 500hrs+ and upgraded from the cadet contract, would get 4000 net per month?
Quick tax calculator for JFO is around 3500. Plenty of experienced TR friends average 3700-4000 with Portuguese/German contracts.
Hawker400 is online now  
Old 30th May 2019, 09:18
  #414 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: six micro tesla zone
Age: 28
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Hawker400 View Post
Quick tax calculator for JFO is around 3500. Plenty of experienced TR friends average 3700-4000 with Portuguese/German contracts.
Fair enough, I thought it was 75k/year gross. That comes out of the tax calculator at 4000/month net. So just wanted to confirm that?
MaverickPrime is offline  
Old 30th May 2019, 09:48
  #415 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palmas
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by MaverickPrime View Post


Fair enough, I thought it was 75k/year gross. That comes out of the tax calculator at 4000/month net. So just wanted to confirm that?
I don't have the original document for some reason but it was found here in the forum. I just have the snap saved and numbers were confirmed from a few colleagues. Curious about SFO if anyone has any data.

Hawker400 is online now  
Old 30th May 2019, 11:05
  #416 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: World
Posts: 101
Not sure those salaries are still current as the pay structure has definitely changed after the union deals
BoeingLudo737 is offline  
Old 30th May 2019, 11:40
  #417 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palmas
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by BoeingLudo737 View Post
Not sure those salaries are still current as the pay structure has definitely changed after the union deals
Yes I don't doubt there might have been changes but I'm sure it's not significant as 11k increase to get 4000 net as previous OP assumed. I got these figures sometime last year.
Hawker400 is online now  
Old 30th May 2019, 16:06
  #418 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Palmas
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by Ryanairrecruitment View Post
here you go new salaries FO rates for UK new joiners
Good to see from the source. Thanks
Hawker400 is online now  
Old 30th May 2019, 16:51
  #419 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: six micro tesla zone
Age: 28
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Ryanairrecruitment View Post
here you go new salaries FO rates for UK new joiners
Thanks ryanairrecruitment. Does a cadet move on to this salary once they pass 500 hours at Ryanair?
MaverickPrime is offline  
Old 31st May 2019, 04:55
  #420 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: EU
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by Hawker400 View Post
I don't have the original document for some reason but it was found here in the forum. I just have the snap saved and numbers were confirmed from a few colleagues. Curious about SFO if anyone has any data.
The SFO figures don't change that much, maybe 2k to 4k per year depending on country and base.

Only captains hit the 850/900h mark. FOs VERY rarely manage to fly that amount of hours per year. At present in fact FOs are flying much less as the company hired a huge amount of cadets. If you join as a cadet/DEFO expect to enjoy several -unpaid- 12h standbys per block.
If you get to choose, Ryanair direct contract is a no brainer as it literally saves the income during winter.
Full_blast is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.