PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Ryanair
Thread: Joining Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2019, 13:13
Full_blast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaverickPrime
Those are pretty decent figures to be honest, especially for people new to the industry.

Also, if FOs VERY rarely manage to fly 850h/yr; they obviously can't complain about fatigue, especially on a fixed pattern roster with no nightshift.
I am not commenting about the roster as others gave you fair answers, but the Ryanair FO salary on a direct contract is definitely not bad, in my opinion. Germany (and maybe Portugal) are probably the only two countries where you have to pay a lot of taxes so it's not really worth it. In Italy for instance if you fly 65 hours I guess you're not far from the 4000/4200 euros net mark. Yes, easyJet in Italy is way better and so is their CLA. If you have a Brookfield/Storm contract then you're screwed.

USA1pilot is an exception then, I have feedbacks from several people across the whole network and the FOs are complaining about the little amount of hours they are being scheduled. Especially those that refused the Ryanair direct contract because in their opinion they could earn more money than a captain. Then the market changed and all they're left with are 60h/month summer rosters after a winter spent flying 30h/month.