Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

Non type rated easyjet recruitment?

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Non type rated easyjet recruitment?

Old 7th Jun 2018, 11:15
  #1601 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Chateau d'If
Posts: 1,971
If that last post is for me, can the PM please be resent as I never got it. Thanks.
Count of Monte Bisto is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2018, 13:29
  #1602 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: UK
Posts: 645
No COMB was for ShortfinalFred I sent a long message regarding my positive experience as a recent'ish DEC
FlyboyUK is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2018, 15:15
  #1603 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 232
Originally Posted by FlyboyUK View Post
No COMB was for ShortfinalFred I sent a long message regarding my positive experience as a recent'ish DEC

would you be kind enough to pm it to me too? 👍🏻
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2018, 11:35
  #1604 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Uk
Posts: 62
Any idea how much the bond is for the type rating?, its a real shame that we in the UK and Europe have to do the type rating again, I've over 10,000 hours in command of the A320 but not flown it since 2012 so as far as I know it' a full type rating again?👎. I'e already done two 737 type ratings in my career but that was a 20year + gap, I believe the Americans don't have to do this on an FAA license, just enough to pass a proficiency test, not a full rating?
Sucram is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2018, 15:34
  #1605 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Uk
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by Sick View Post
It's not a bond. You pay £22,000 (unless you take a Portugal base). Payments can be spread over three years. I don't think it can be taken off your pre tax salary.

Sadly, easa came out with some ill thought out guidance which said a full type rating would typically be required after three years since last flight. So far as I'm aware, it was never more than guidance, but no airline would be willing to step outside easa guidance, so it is always applied rigidly, irrespective of previous experience. Before that, it was five years, and even beyond that, exemptions could be granted for less than a full rating. Yet again, easa screws it up for the humble flight crew!
From my understanding only extra training is required between 3 and 5 years under the latest EASA rules, after 5 years its a full type rating
Sucram is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2018, 21:40
  #1606 (permalink)  
VJW
Sciolist (look it up) of the first order
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 778
Originally Posted by Sucram View Post
From my understanding only extra training is required between 3 and 5 years under the latest EASA rules, after 5 years its a full type rating
In that case, why don't you go renew the rating off your own back, and apply to Easyjet as a current rated A320 pilot where you don't need to fund a full type rating? Lack of recent hours on type might be your undoing, but worth a shot.
VJW is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2018, 07:54
  #1607 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HonkyDong
Posts: 264
Next intake

Has anyone in the know got an idea of when they will be training up new joiners onto LGW/LTN base? Interviewed for NTR FO in March and currently in the talent pool. Moving home from the Far East so keen to get a heads up on top of the 3 month’s required notice.
BizJetJockey is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2018, 10:20
  #1608 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 232
Originally Posted by BizJetJockey View Post
Has anyone in the know got an idea of when they will be training up new joiners onto LGW/LTN base? Interviewed for NTR FO in March and currently in the talent pool. Moving home from the Far East so keen to get a heads up on top of the 3 month’s required notice.

One of our group for DEC NTR in early March was offered an almost immediate start for Berlin base but wanted to wait for LGW. He was told that courses for LGW/LTN would most likely start in Autumn, so possibly a call in June/July to be able to give three months notice.
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2018, 00:55
  #1609 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: over the hill
Posts: 174
Many thanks to you FlyboyUK for the very helpful PM. PPRuNe at its best as a source of information and support. Thanks again.
ShortfinalFred is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2018, 12:12
  #1610 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: There
Posts: 46
Has anyone of the TR guys been called for autumn yet?
flyhigh788 is offline  
Old 13th Jun 2018, 18:41
  #1611 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 232
Interesting to see they’ve just opened 2018/19 NTR recruitment for various bases including; Paris and French regional as well as the usual suspects of London, Berlin and Portugal. Could be a sign they are getting ready to drain the current ‘talentpool’?
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2018, 08:56
  #1612 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: There
Posts: 46
Originally Posted by 737 Jockey View Post
Interesting to see they’ve just opened 2018/19 NTR recruitment for various bases including; Paris and French regional as well as the usual suspects of London, Berlin and Portugal. Could be a sign they are getting ready to drain the current ‘talentpool’?
Yes, I have seen that too. A lot of Recruitment going on.
flyhigh788 is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2018, 12:54
  #1613 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 985
Anyone out there been offered a UK FO DEP on 100 % recently ?
Anyone in the hold pool for UK FO DEP ?
Nil further is offline  
Old 18th Jun 2018, 23:09
  #1614 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 101
Anyone know if the online tests that they send you work ok on windows 10?
The Cleaner is offline  
Old 18th Jun 2018, 23:22
  #1615 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: in a CB
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by The Cleaner View Post
Anyone know if the online tests that they send you work ok on windows 10?
it does! W10, Firefox and Flash - worked like a charm
Sirijus is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2018, 06:00
  #1616 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 101
Originally Posted by Sirijus View Post


it does! W10, Firefox and Flash - worked like a charm
Thanks for that!
The Cleaner is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2018, 13:34
  #1617 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Madrid
Age: 34
Posts: 87
Guys, what is the take home pay of a SFO in one of the French regional bases? I hear the contract is quite good
dudubrdx is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2018, 14:47
  #1618 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: England
Posts: 21
Hey ,does anyone have the latest info on the first stage online assessments? any tips would be appreciated.
patelv6 is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2018, 15:02
  #1619 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: World
Posts: 1,685
Originally Posted by dudubrdx View Post
Guys, what is the take home pay of a SFO in one of the French regional bases? I hear the contract is quite good
Including sector pay around 97k euro gross per year, plus performance bonus and discretionary shares.

The taxation can change a lot depending on family situation (married/not married, kids, etc).
dirk85 is offline  
Old 19th Jun 2018, 18:21
  #1620 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Here
Posts: 467
Originally Posted by dirk85 View Post
Including sector pay around 97k euro gross per year, plus performance bonus and discretionary shares.

The taxation can change a lot depending on family situation (married/not married, kids, etc).
The entry contract in France is SO, not SFO!
3000€/month, including sector pay, before income tax!


SpGo is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.