Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

Non type rated easyjet recruitment?

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Non type rated easyjet recruitment?

Old 19th Dec 2018, 23:34
  #1801 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Nice
Age: 30
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by Falling_Penguin View Post
What is the situation in the Amsterdam base? I am rated and current, looking at options.
I'd like some info also about Amsterdam base. I have to give my 2 choices of bases. I'd like to start with a 'busy' one where I can have a lot of destinations. That's why I'll ask Gatwick and I am interesting about Amsterdam as well.
benty is offline  
Old 20th Dec 2018, 03:47
  #1802 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Lo cat ion
Posts: 27
I'm EASA A330 rated. From EZ recruitment website :

A330/40 Captains will complete a self-funded CCQ with our preferred training provider (CAE) prior to easyJet employment

So they don't consider me as rated, as I'm still required to shell out for the CCQ?

Anyone have any idea how much this is ?

Last time I looked at EZ (it was over 2 years ago) , they didn't mention having to pay for a CCQ, just considered the A330 as rated. Or did I miss something?!
captain8 is offline  
Old 20th Dec 2018, 05:56
  #1803 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HonkyDong
Posts: 264
A330 to A320 CCQ is in the region of 5K Sterling.
BizJetJockey is offline  
Old 21st Dec 2018, 03:19
  #1804 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Lo cat ion
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by BizJetJockey View Post
A330 to A320 CCQ is in the region of 5K Sterling.
Thanks for that. Plenty of Ex WOW A330 guys applying to EZ will be willing to pay this now.
captain8 is offline  
Old 21st Dec 2018, 11:03
  #1805 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere cold
Posts: 25
Also - Is it possible for someone from the UK to join straight into a french base / french contract? Or do you have to be based in the UK initially and then shift across via the internal transfer list?
Falling_Penguin is offline  
Old 21st Dec 2018, 11:07
  #1806 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: World
Posts: 1,643
You can be based from the beginning anywhere they need, Germany, Italy, France...
dirk85 is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2018, 07:22
  #1807 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 232
Could any LGW Skippers share their monthly gross salary and in particular the sector pay? Thanks.
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 24th Dec 2018, 09:19
  #1808 (permalink)  
I REALLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TOD
Posts: 1,016
Originally Posted by 737 Jockey View Post
Could any LGW Skippers share their monthly gross salary and in particular the sector pay? Thanks.
Gross salary available on PPJN, sector pay usually £1,000 to £1,800ish depending on how busy you are. This also depends on what you bid for ie 4 or 2 sector days. Plenty of people are keen to swap off extra long duties so if you are looking to bump your salary up by a few hundred per month you can do that reasonable easily.
speedrestriction is online now  
Old 25th Dec 2018, 06:59
  #1809 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Here and there
Age: 44
Posts: 358
For an experienced airbus F/O, roughly how long is the process to command at LGW?
Thanks.
Serenity is offline  
Old 25th Dec 2018, 07:59
  #1810 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: World
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
For an experienced airbus F/O, roughly how long is the process to command at LGW?
Thanks.
You need roughly 1 year to start the process, which is pretty long itself.
dirk85 is offline  
Old 8th Jan 2019, 18:15
  #1811 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Utopia
Posts: 232
Any NTR DEC for LGW/LTN had a call for a 2019 course yet?
737 Jockey is offline  
Old 8th Jan 2019, 20:01
  #1812 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 267
737 jockey, I'll send you a pm in about ten minutes
Reversethrustset is offline  
Old 8th Jan 2019, 20:20
  #1813 (permalink)  
VJW
Sciolist (look it up) of the first order
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 767
Ive a mate who passed end of March last year for LGW/LTN NTR DEC....he's still waiting.. If you can PM me any info to pass on that'd be good.
VJW is offline  
Old 8th Jan 2019, 21:42
  #1814 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UK
Age: 37
Posts: 207
Regarding DECs, there are 148 commands available this training year. DEC will only be used where there is no internal upgrade to available and willing to fill the space. Hence Portugal normally attracts more DEC than internal... LGW and LTN are not massively undersubscribed and there is a reserve list of command ready FOs already.
UberPilot is offline  
Old 8th Jan 2019, 21:59
  #1815 (permalink)  
VJW
Sciolist (look it up) of the first order
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 767
Originally Posted by UberPilot View Post
Regarding DECs, there are 148 commands available this training year. DEC will only be used where there is no internal upgrade to available and willing to fill the space. Hence Portugal normally attracts more DEC than internal... LGW and LTN are not massively undersubscribed and there is a reserve list of command ready FOs already.
Iím sure thatís all correct. However unless Iím mistaken easy were recruiting NTR DECís until pretty late in the year. They also probably knew (or at least a fairly accurate best guess) the number of commands needed in 2019. Seems strange to think that someone who passed in March last year who is still swimming while recruitment continued for at least 6 more months, could potentially sink in the pool. I canít see that occurring surely.
VJW is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2019, 05:30
  #1816 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: HonkyDong
Posts: 264
Keen to know what the score is for NTR FOs too. Swimming since March.
BizJetJockey is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2019, 07:01
  #1817 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: UK
Age: 37
Posts: 207
Originally Posted by VJW View Post


Iím sure thatís all correct. However unless Iím mistaken easy were recruiting NTR DECís until pretty late in the year. They also probably knew (or at least a fairly accurate best guess) the number of commands needed in 2019. Seems strange to think that someone who passed in March last year who is still swimming while recruitment continued for at least 6 more months, could potentially sink in the pool. I canít see that occurring surely.
My understanding is that like the internal reserve list, there is also always a pool of suitably qualified and selected DECs available to fill any positions that cannot otherwise be filled. I would suspect this is more likely concur towards the end of the training year (June). The fact that someone has been waiting almost a year suggests that both there are enough internal FOs to cover these bases. If the applicant said theyíd consider Portugal Iím prett sure that theyíd get a phone call this afternoon...
UberPilot is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2019, 09:40
  #1818 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: I wouldn't know.
Posts: 3,939
Not to mention with the demise of A320 operating airlines like Small Planet there is now quite a glut of rated applicants available, and of course bottom feeders like Germania always crank out new ones with the required hours anyway.
Denti is online now  
Old 9th Jan 2019, 19:10
  #1819 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Up north
Posts: 1,601
Originally Posted by Denti View Post
Not to mention with the demise of A320 operating airlines like Small Planet there is now quite a glut of rated applicants available, and of course bottom feeders like Germania always crank out new ones with the required hours anyway.
True, but they still have to pass the selection and from what Iím hearing surprisingly many ďqualifiedĒ guys and gals are being turned down.

CP
CaptainProp is offline  
Old 9th Jan 2019, 19:15
  #1820 (permalink)  
VJW
Sciolist (look it up) of the first order
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 767
I heard the same with a fair few Air Berlin and Monarch...
VJW is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.